时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Am I going to have to give a speech? | 非得要我来段讲话吗 |
[00:14] | You’re the publisher, can’t you do it? | 你是发行商 还是你来吧 |
[00:16] | I can warm them up, | 我可以暖场 |
[00:17] | but you’re gonna have to get | 但你必须在巡回签售前 |
[00:19] | over this fear of public speaking | 改掉在公众面前 |
[00:20] | before the book tour. | 怯场的毛病 |
[00:23] | Everybody! | 各位 |
[00:24] | Can I have your attention? Thank you. | 请注意了 谢谢大家 |
[00:27] | Tim has a few words to say. | 提姆有话要讲 |
[00:29] | There you go, Tim. They’re warmed up. | 上吧 提姆 气氛已经起来了 |
[00:34] | (SIGHS) Well. What do you say at a time like this? | 那么 逢此良辰 君欲何言 |
[00:38] | Seriously, what do you say? | 说真的 可有良言相传 |
[00:41] | You could thank people for coming. | 你可以先感谢各位嘉宾的到来 |
[00:43] | Thank you, Nick. | 谢谢你 尼克 |
[00:45] | Actually, I’m always thanking Nick. | 其实 我一直很感激尼克 |
[00:48] | A man famous not only for his ruthless editor’s pen, | 此君不仅以其残酷无情的评论文笔 |
[00:51] | but his patient handholding of crazy authors. | 而更以其于狂放作家备至的关怀而闻名于世 |
[00:54] | You’d think that after three novels, | 你们可能觉得在写了三部小说后 |
[00:56] | I’d start to develop a little confidence, but… | 我应该开始有一点点自信了 但是… |
[00:59] | For a book like this, we are happy to supply the confidence. | 这样一本好书 君乐其中 众乐捧之 |
[01:03] | Bestseller. | 预祝畅销 |
[01:05] | Well, that’s not going to happen. | 那是不可能的 |
[01:06] | What? | 什么 |
[01:08] | Come on. Short stories don’t make money. | 算了吧 短篇小说不赚钱 |
[01:10] | Short stories weren’t making money back in 1908. | 除非回到1908年 |
[01:12] | You’d have to be mathematically illiterate | 除非你是个纯文盲 |
[01:13] | to think they’d do as well as a novel. | 才会自以为是的认为这书能卖个好价钱 |
[01:15] | Okay, Nick, let’s step away from the champagne | 得了 尼克 酒壮怂人胆 |
[01:17] | before somebody gets hurt. | 少喝酒说错话 |
[01:20] | You slaved over this book right next to me. | 你可是在我耳边说被这书征服了啊 |
[01:22] | Why would Northrop even publish it if it’s only going to tank? | 那为什么《自由斗士》会出版 |
[01:25] | Have you failed to notice you’re our star author? | 难道你没发现你是我们的明星作家 |
[01:29] | Obviously, Elaine wouldn’t want to offend you. | 很显然 伊莱恩不想冒犯你 |
[01:30] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[01:36] | I’m sorry, I don’t… | 对 对不起 |
[01:38] | I don’t know why I said that. | 我不 我不知道为什么会那么说 |
[01:40] | He’s joking. | 他在开玩笑呢 |
[01:42] | Nick knows as well as anyone | 尼克和大家一样理解你 |
[01:43] | what you have done is art. | 在艺术上的探索 |
[01:44] | So is folding paper into animal shapes, | 就像你用纸折了一个动物模型 |
[01:46] | but you don’t expect to make a living off it. | 但却不期望它真能生龙活虎一般 |
[01:48] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你他妈是怎么搞的 |
[01:49] | You really think someone who | 你真的以为一个一年 |
[01:50] | goes through 10 assistants a year | 用过十个助手 而且都不回 |
[01:52] | and doesn’t return her own children’s phone calls | 自己孩子电话的人 |
[01:53] | would give a damn about | 会关心 |
[01:54] | the state of the American short story? | 美国短篇小说的现状吗 |
[01:56] | Please, be quiet. | 求你 别说了 |
[02:03] | I think something’s wrong. | 我想是有点不对劲 |
[02:05] | That title was a mistake, too. | 标题也完全是个错误 |
[02:08] | People are going to compare you to Salinger. | 人们会把拿和塞林格比较 |
[02:09] | (CHUCKLING) And boy, are you going to come up short in that one. | 哥们儿 你终会黔驴技穷的 |
[02:18] | (GASPS) Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[02:20] | Call 911. Help! We need help! | 打911 救命啊 有人帮忙吗 |
[02:57] | FOREMAN: Cameron brought this up from the ER. | 卡梅隆从急诊室带了这么一号过来 |
[03:00] | Doesn’t look like a friendship bracelet. | 不像是个善茬儿 |
[03:03] | KUTNER: It’s Phineas Gage. The most famous case study in medical history. | 菲尼亚斯·盖奇 医学世上最著名的研究案例 |
[03:05] | You’re telling me this patient got a rail road spike | 你是说这个病人的 |
[03:07] | drilled through his frontal lobe? | 额叶被钉进去一只铁路道钉吗 |
[03:09] | No, no trauma, but he does have frontal lobe disinhibition. | 不 没有外伤 但他确实有额叶去抑效应 |
[03:11] | Just like Gage. | 像极了盖奇 |
[03:14] | Gage was a different person after the spike. | 盖奇被钉进道钉后完全变了个人 |
[03:15] | Argumentative, impulsive. | 好争论 好冲动 |
[03:16] | Whereas our guy became a different person | 这哥们儿喝了两杯夏敦埃酒 |
[03:18] | after chardonnay. | 也有这些变化 |
[03:20] | He was sober when they brought him in. | 他被带进来时是清醒的 |
[03:22] | There’s also the nosebleed, the collapse. | 同时伴有流鼻血 昏厥 |
[03:24] | – MRI show anything? | 核磁共振没发现什么吗 |
[03:25] | – Nothing. Good. | -没有 -很好 |
[03:26] | What fun would that be? | 这多好玩啊 |
[03:28] | So the tumor’s not in the cool neighborhood. | 这么说 肿瘤没呆在原来的地方 |
[03:30] | It’s cool neighborhood adjacent. | 自个儿跑了 |
[03:31] | A well-placed tumor | 鼻腔特定位置的肿瘤 |
[03:32] | in the nasal cavity, | 会侵入脑部 |
[03:34] | eroding into the brain could do the damage. | 引起损伤 |
[03:35] | Go stick a scope up Phineas’ nose | 去给菲尼亚斯做个鼻腔内窥镜检查 |
[03:36] | and see what you find. | 看看能发现什么 |
[03:45] | Daddy, I’m always going to win if you keep telling | 老爸 你要是老透给我你的牌 |
[03:46] | me what your cards are. | 我可是会一直赢下去的哟 |
[03:48] | Then suppose I tell you… | 那么 要是我在… |
[03:50] | While I tickle you! | 咯吱咯吱的时候告诉你 |
[03:52] | Mr. Greenwald, I’m Dr. Taub | 格林沃尔德先生 我是陶博医生 |
[03:53] | and this is Dr. Kutner. | 这位是卡特那医生 |
[03:55] | We’re here for another test. Sorry about that. | 我们来为您做检查 抱歉打扰了 |
[03:56] | You don’t look sorry. | 我可没看出抱歉 |
[03:58] | Um. No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[04:01] | Although you do look kind of cheerful. | 但你看起来是有点幸灾乐祸 |
[04:03] | It’s a little creepy. | 真让人毛骨悚然 |
[04:04] | Should I want a doctor who’s excited about how sick I am? | 难道我要让一个看着我生病还兴奋的医生来给我看病吗 |
[04:06] | – I’m not… | 我没有… |
[04:08] | – We’re going to put this up your nose, | 我们会把这个放进你的鼻子里 |
[04:09] | scan for any problems. | 看看有什么异常 |
[04:10] | I can assure you that we are completely unexcited about that. | 我保证我们绝对不会因此而兴奋 |
[04:13] | Excuse me, sweetie. | 借光 小甜心 |
[04:17] | She has an auditory processing disability. | 她有些听觉障碍 |
[04:19] | Marika Balika. You have to get off the bed. | 小仙女儿 你得下床去了 |
[04:20] | This might be slightly uncomfortable. | 这个可能会让你感觉有些不适 |
[04:25] | Honey, do you mind if I step out? | 亲爱的 介意我出去一下吗 |
[04:27] | I have to make sure the final arrangements | 我需要确定一下 |
[04:29] | are in place for the breast cancer walk. | 关于乳腺癌游行的最后安排 |
[04:30] | Yeah. You do that. | 好的 去吧 |
[04:32] | I’ll pretend to be macho while a guy stuffs | 我得在这家伙把个三爪塑料塞进我鼻子里时 |
[04:33] | three feet of plastic up my nose. | 装的像个男人样 |
[04:35] | It’s too bad it’s not your nose. | 太糟了 你的鼻子都没过这待遇 |
[04:38] | Lots more room to maneuver. | 大鼻子方便操作多了 |
[04:40] | I guess the walk can wait 10 minutes. | 我想游行应该能多等十分钟吧 |
[04:43] | Or in a sensible world, even longer. | 或者再理智些 多等等 |
[04:46] | Just how does tying up traffic for six hours | 怎么会想去管制六小时的交通 |
[04:48] | stop breast cancer? | 就为进行一场乳腺癌游行? |
[04:49] | You know how it works, people donate. | 你知道的 人们捐赠 |
[04:50] | Why not spend six hours building houses for | 为什么不花六个小时来建造 |
[04:53] | Habitat for Humanity? | 流浪者之家 |
[04:54] | Or is it wrong to help two groups of people at once? | 或者一次来帮两拨人 |
[04:57] | I’ll bet there are those who have breast cancer and no home. | 我打赌肯定有那种得乳腺癌还无家可归的人 |
[04:59] | It’s my job, Nick. | 这是我的工作 尼克 |
[05:01] | You walked yourself last year. | -你去年也参加游行了啊 -不过是为了捧捧场 |
[05:08] | I’m going to make my call. | 我还是去打电话吧 |
[05:13] | Make this go away. | 拿走这东西 |
[05:15] | God, that honker really is huge, isn’t it? | 天哪 这玩意还真巨 不是吗 |
[05:21] | Wednesday night. | 周三晚 |
[05:24] | Low-Down-Blue-Meanie versus the Incinerator. | 蓝色贱人对阵焚尸巨炉 |
[05:26] | I can’t. | 我去不了 |
[05:28] | Let me rephrase. Low-Down-Blue-Meanie… | 我再说一遍 蓝色贱人 |
[05:31] | WILSON: I understand Monster Truck code. | 我知道是怪物卡车 |
[05:33] | Do you understand “can’t”? | 你明白去不了是什么意思吗 |
[05:34] | Not when it follows Low-Down-Blue-Meanie. | 遇到蓝色贱人就没有去不了一说 |
[05:38] | Is the world coming to an end Tuesday night? | 难道周二晚是世界末日吗 |
[05:39] | – Otherwise, Wednesday… | 况且 周三… |
[05:41] | – All right. It’s not “can’t,” | 好吧 不是去不了 |
[05:43] | it’s “don’t want to.” | 是不想去 |
[05:46] | The fact is, I just don’t like monster trucks. | 事实上我根本不喜欢看怪物卡车 |
[05:49] | … | 你喜欢的 |
[05:51] | Yes, you do. | 不 我不喜欢 |
[05:54] | No, you’ve always liked them. | 不 是你一直喜欢 |
[05:55] | I’ve tolerated them. | 我受够那些玩意了 |
[05:58] | Seriously, I can only watch | 说真的 我看着 |
[06:01] | so many hyped-up dune buggies crush so many motor homes | 那些兴奋无比的四轮怪物冲进汽车堆 |
[06:03] | without feeling the urge to go see La Bohéme. | 还没看吉普赛女郎兴奋 |
[06:05] | And I hate opera, too. | 我还特讨厌歌剧 |
[06:06] | What are you hiding? | 你在掩饰什么 |
[06:09] | I’m not hiding it, | 我没有掩饰什么 |
[06:11] | I’m saying it loud and proud. Death to monster trucks. | 我要大声说出来 怪物卡车 见鬼去吧 |
[06:14] | No nasal cancer. | 没有鼻腔癌 |
[06:16] | And no marriage either, if our patient keeps | 而且 如果我们的病人还继续 |
[06:19] | saying everything that comes into his head | 随意出口伤人的话 |
[06:20] | without regard for the consequences. | 将给他的婚姻带来严重的后果 |
[06:22] | You always led me to believe you were one of a kind. | 你总是让我相信你是那种… |
[06:24] | Luckily, | 幸运的是 |
[06:25] | jerkiness is a temporary condition for this guy. | 这家伙只是偶尔二一下 |
[06:26] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[06:28] | We may be able to fix his | 我们可能会治好他大声说出想法 |
[06:30] | impulse to say his thoughts out loud, | 的冲动 但他还是会 |
[06:32] | but he’s always gonna be the guy who thinks them. | 一直想那些东西 |
[06:33] | But he’s also gonna be the guy who doesn’t say them. | 但却不会再讲出来 |
[06:35] | If he spent his whole life | 如果他一生都在 |
[06:37] | constructing a nice-guy persona, | 构建这个虚伪的外壳 |
[06:38] | isn’t that as much who he really is as anything else? | 就无法展现一个真实的自我 |
[06:41] | You would argue that. You’re all persona. | 你没资格争论这个 你才是虚伪的家伙 |
[06:44] | I agree with Wilson. This guy’s a Harry Potter. | 我同意威尔森的观点 这家伙就像哈利波特 |
[06:48] | The sorting hat was going to put Harry in Slytherin, | 分院帽把哈利分发到斯莱特林学院 |
[06:50] | based on his nature. | 根据他的天赋 |
[06:51] | He refused, so he ended up in Gryffindor. | 他拒绝了 最终在格兰芬多学院毕业 |
[06:53] | Through choice. | 全靠选择 |
[06:54] | There’s damage somewhere in his brain. | 他有大脑损伤 |
[06:55] | Go find it. | 给爷找出来 |
[07:00] | THIRTEEN: Are you sure you understand? | 你确信明白 |
[07:01] | No, I’m lying. Except, I can’t. | 不 我撒谎了 除非我不了解 |
[07:05] | You ask me questions. | 你问我问题 |
[07:06] | While I talk, you look at | 当我说话的时候 你观察 |
[07:08] | my brain activity to see where it’s screwed up, | 我大脑的活动 来看哪部分出了毛病 |
[07:10] | then you’re gonna cut the screwed up part out to test it. | 接着你会采样有毛病的部分来检查 |
[07:12] | It’s depressing, but it’s not rocket science. | 真郁闷 又不是多高深的科学 |
[07:15] | I think he understands. | 我想他明白了 |
[07:16] | I don’t mean to be abrasive. | 我无意冒犯 |
[07:19] | Especially since you’re such a pleasure to imagine naked. | 尤其是我在幻想你这动人裸体的时候 |
[07:21] | – Again, sorry. – It’s okay. | – 再次 对不起 -没关系的 |
[07:23] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[07:25] | I’d do you, though. | 虽然这样 我还是想干你 |
[07:27] | Really, my apologies. | 真的 非常抱歉 |
[07:28] | This stuff just comes out. | 这些话脱口而出 |
[07:30] | – It’s okay. – House paged? | -没关系的 -豪斯打电话来着? |
[07:31] | Whoa. I would do | 哇塞 我真想干下 |
[07:33] | her in a minute with fudge and a cherry on top. | 她那两个雪白凝脂上坠樱桃的咪咪 |
[07:36] | Would someone please explain to this woman? | 有人能帮我向这位女士解释一下吗 |
[07:39] | There’s only so many apologies I can… | 真的是有太多冒昧了 |
[07:40] | He has frontal lobe disinhibition. | 他有额叶去抑效应 |
[07:42] | I’ve already embarrassed myself with one doctor. | 我已经很对不起这位医生了 |
[07:44] | Whom I am at this moment | 我真想在此刻与你 |
[07:46] | imagining with you in a king-sized bed with a mirror on the ceiling. | 共享床第之欢 |
[07:49] | I am so, so sorry. | 实在是太抱歉了 |
[07:53] | But if I couldn’t have both of you together, | 但如果不能双飞的话 |
[07:54] | you would definitely be my first choice. | 你一定是首选 |
[07:56] | Where’s House? | 豪斯在哪 |
[07:58] | It’s like trying not to think of an elephant. | 我实在无法忽视你胸前这对波涛汹涌 |
[07:59] | Not that you’re an elephant. | 当然 这只是比喻 |
[08:01] | Your breasts, in fact, are all Homo sapiens. | 你的胸 说实在的 太有原始美了 |
[08:03] | – House isn’t here. | 豪斯不在这 |
[08:04] | – He wouldn’t have paged me | 不在这儿怎么会打电话给我 |
[08:07] | if he couldn’t watch and enjoy the… | 让他享受这一幕… |
[08:16] | Your tush is like the pistons in a Ferrari. | 你的娇喘肯定像法拉利的活塞一样动听 |
[08:28] | … | 别客气啊 |
[08:31] | – You’re 40 years old… – Thirty eight. | -你已经40了 -是38 |
[08:33] | …and the administrator of a hospital. | 作为医院的主管… |
[08:34] | Dean of medicine. | 主任而已 |
[08:36] | People don’t get personal with you. | 人们不会对你指手画脚 |
[08:38] | Except for me, and you dismiss me as | 除了我这个你随时可以踢开的 |
[08:39] | a jerk who’s jerking you around. | 老开你玩笑的混蛋 |
[08:40] | But that guy can only tell the truth. | 但那家伙可只会说实话 |
[08:43] | And he prefers your body to that of a smoking young hottie. | 而且比起那些嬉皮小妞 咱可是半老徐娘 独领风骚啊 |
[08:45] | So that was your way of saying I look good today? | 这是你赞美我今天好看的方式咯 |
[08:49] | You didn’t get the slightest kick out of that? | 你都不觉得他在挑逗你 |
[08:54] | Don’t be ridiculous, House. | 别胡闹了 豪斯 |
[09:01] | FOREMAN: I hope you know your pistons are second to none. | 我想你知道 你的美臀那可是绝无仅有 |
[09:03] | I’m okay. | 我还好吧 |
[09:05] | I’m not jealous of Cuddy’s pistons. | 我可不嫉妒卡迪的美臀 |
[09:07] | Starting baseline activation. | 开始基线激活 |
[09:09] | You sure? You looked upset. | 确定吗 你看起来有点不高兴啊 |
[09:11] | What he was saying was obnoxious. | 他说的话令人讨厌 |
[09:13] | You’ve never been called attractive? | 难道没人说过你很有魅力吗 |
[09:15] | He didn’t call me attractive, | 他没说我有魅力 |
[09:16] | he cast me in his mental porno. | 他只是意淫我了 |
[09:18] | That’s what “attractive” means. | 魅力可不就是这个意思 |
[09:20] | It means “I’m attracted to you sexually.” | 意思就是”我被你吸引了 真性感” |
[09:21] | “Attracted” can also mean, | 魅力也可以理解为”我因你着迷 |
[09:23] | “I’m attracted to the whole package, to who you are.” | 你的身体及灵魂” |
[09:26] | Slight elevation at transaxial 60. | 性激素60轻微提高了 |
[09:30] | ,,, | 要看女人喜欢听什么 而不是男人怎么说 |
[09:32] | Actually, it’s exactly what men say, | 实际上 男人怎么说 |
[09:33] | if they have any brains. | 取决于他长了什么脑子 |
[09:34] | All right, we have enough for a baseline. | 好吧 基线采样完毕 |
[09:36] | What can we ask him that’s indiscreet, | 我们怎么才能让他不那么无礼 |
[09:38] | but that he won’t hate us for knowing? | 而又让他不记恨我们 |
[09:41] | Nick, do you vote the same way as your wife? | 尼克 你也和你老婆选举投票是一样的吗 |
[09:43] | God, no. | 上帝啊 不 |
[09:44] | Good. He’s spiking at 30. | 不错 他的峰值在30 |
[09:47] | She believes I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primary, | 她以为我初期会选希拉里·克林顿 |
[09:48] | and Obama in the general. | 而最终会选奥巴马 |
[09:50] | You’re thinking I’m secretly Republican, right? | 你们以为私下里我是个共和党人吗 |
[09:52] | Wrong. | 那就错了 |
[09:53] | I secretly don’t vote ever. | 其实我根本就没投票 |
[09:56] | Wait, you’re 46 and you’ve never voted? | 等一下 你都46了 都没投过选票吗 |
[10:00] | Your voice is no longer attractive to me with | 你这种不屑的语气 |
[10:02] | that note of disapproval. | 很难听 |
[10:03] | Although I’m sure that will pass. | 虽然我很肯定他会当选 |
[10:05] | Look at that. | 看看这里 |
[10:07] | There’s a spot on the cingulate gyrus that’s not lighting up. | 在扣帶回有一点没有亮起来 |
[10:08] | One vote makes a difference? | 一票定江山? 准确地来说这不可能 |
[10:13] | We can’t biopsy that, it’s too close to the brain stem. | 我们不能对那东西做活检 离脑干太近了 |
[10:15] | Could be neurosarcoidosis. At least it’s treatable. | 可能是神经肉瘤病 至少能治 |
[10:18] | So we give him steroids and if we’re right, | 那么我们就给他用类固醇 如果他好转 |
[10:20] | we should start seeing his symptoms | 他的那些症状就会在 |
[10:21] | improve within half a day. | 半天之内改善 |
[10:26] | What are you looking at? | 在看什么呢 |
[10:27] | I find your strong attachment | 我发现你在支持 |
[10:30] | to a working democracy to be extremely sexy. | 一个错误的政党的时候特性感 |
[10:32] | You smooth talker. | 喔 油嘴滑舌的家伙 |
[10:38] | Do you think my nose is too big? | 你觉得我的鼻子太大了吗 |
[10:39] | Relax. He also implied my bedside manner was a little off. | 别紧张 他还说我对他态度不好 |
[10:42] | You don’t agree with that, right? | 你也觉得他说的不对 是吧 |
[10:44] | No. | 他说的没错 |
[10:46] | No one’s ever mentioned your nose before? | 就没人跟你说过你的鼻子吗 |
[10:49] | You’re a plastic surgeon. | 你可是整容医生耶 |
[10:51] | – They tell me it suits my face. – It does. | 他们都说我鼻子长的很合适 |
[10:52] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[10:54] | Maybe that’s just the social contract. | 也可能只是客套 |
[10:55] | You tell me I look great, | 你说我长得好看 |
[10:57] | I tell you you’re a people person. | 我说你人缘好 |
[10:58] | – How can you know the truth? | 怎么能知道真相呢 |
[11:00] | – You could ask for the truth. | 你可以问啊 |
[11:01] | What do you think of my nose? Please tell me the truth. | 你觉得我的鼻子怎样 |
[11:04] | It’s fine, it’s a nose. | -说实话 -还成吧 就一鼻子 |
[11:06] | Just proving a point. | 只是想证实一下 |
[11:16] | Anyone sitting here? | 有人坐吗 |
[11:18] | Just my persona. | 就我一个 |
[11:22] | You know, it’s amazing the way people cling on to insults. | 跟你说 人们用来损人的方法才是最精彩的 |
[11:26] | Or what they think are insults. | 或者说他们满脑子就是怎么整人 |
[11:28] | So that wasn’t an insult? | 你这么说不是在损我吧 |
[11:30] | I’m not suggesting that like our patient, | 我可没指望你能跟我们的病人一样 |
[11:33] | you’re hiding a dark, sarcastic core beneath a candy shell of compulsive niceness. | 你是一只披着羊皮的狼 |
[11:38] | I’m not always nice. | 我不是老好人 |
[11:39] | I’m not nice to you. | 我对你就不好 |
[11:41] | Because you know nice bores me. | 因为你知道我不喜欢你对我好 |
[11:43] | Hence, still nice. | 所以 还是在做好人 |
[11:45] | No, I’m suggesting that you have no core. | 不是 我是想说你是个没有原则人 |
[11:47] | You’re what whoever you’re with needs you to be. | 需要你变成啥样你就变成啥样 |
[11:50] | Okay, I guess that could be insulting. | 嗯 这话很不入耳 |
[11:53] | But the interesting question is why. | 有趣的是 为什么 |
[11:55] | Why do you think the world will end in chaos and destruction | 为什么你会觉得没有你拯救 |
[11:58] | if you’re not there to save it? | 世界就会灭亡 |
[12:00] | Because when my parents put me in the rocket, and sent me here, | 因为我爸妈把我放进火箭的时候 |
[12:02] | they said, “James, you will | 送到地球来之前 就跟我说”杰姆 你会在 |
[12:05] | grow to manhood under a yellow sun.” | 暖暖的太阳底下长大成人” |
[12:06] | And why did you lie about monster trucks? | 那你干嘛在怪物卡车的事上说谎 |
[12:08] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[12:10] | I checked your appointment book. | 我查过你的日程记录本 |
[12:12] | You’ve got tomorrow night marked off, | 你把明天晚上划掉了 |
[12:14] | but you didn’t put down what you were doing. | 但你还是那个老习惯 |
[12:15] | So you thought someone might look at the book… | 想到可能会有人偷看你的本子 |
[12:17] | I’m playing racquetball tomorrow night with Taub. | 我明晚要跟陶博去打壁球 |
[12:20] | Why would you hide that? | 你干嘛要躲着我 |
[12:22] | Because the world revolves around you. | 因为我不想总围着你打转 |
[12:25] | I devote time to anyone else, | 我就花点时间跟别人在一起 |
[12:26] | you’d end up stalking me and harassing them. | 别跟踪我骚扰他们了 该停停了 |
[12:28] | You say that as though it wouldn’t be fun. | 你说的好像很无趣的样子 |
[12:31] | And maybe I didn’t want to rub your nose in the fact | 可能我不想跟你磨鼻子 |
[12:32] | that we’d be doing something you can no longer do. | 事实上 我们在做一些你再也不能做的事情 |
[12:35] | Because I’m nice. | 因为我很好人 |
[12:44] | I thought you said the steroids were gonna help him! | 我记得你们说过类固醇能治好他的 |
[12:47] | Is it his heart? | 怎么回事 是心脏问题吗 |
[12:48] | EKG says heart’s fine. | 心电图显示他的心脏没有问题 |
[12:52] | It’s gotta be the kidneys. | 可能是肾脏 |
[12:54] | We need to get him on dialysis. Oh, God. | 我们得送他去做透析 |
[13:01] | He’s on dialysis and he’s stable. | 他在做透析 情况稳定了 |
[13:02] | THIRTEEN: We know it’s not systemic sclerosis. | 这不是系统性硬化 |
[13:04] | Hey. Cyrano de Berkowitz. | 喂 大鼻子情圣 |
[13:09] | Let it go. | 甭照了 |
[13:11] | Chronic lymphocytic leukemia could explain brain and kidney problems. | 慢性淋巴细胞性白血病能解释 |
[13:13] | CBC showed normal white blood cells. | 脑部和肾脏的症状 |
[13:17] | So how long have you been playing racquetball with Wilson? | 你跟威尔森一起打壁球多久了 |
[13:21] | Four or five times. | 四 五次吧 |
[13:23] | Could be diabetes. | 可能是糖尿病 |
[13:24] | Or a congenital metabolic disorder. | 或者是先天性代谢紊乱 |
[13:26] | Congenital disorders generally don’t wait | 先天性紊乱不会等到 |
[13:28] | till you’re 46 to manifest. | 你46岁的时候才发作 |
[13:30] | So he’s a late bloomer. | 这么说他发育迟缓 |
[13:32] | His daughter has a neurological condition. | 他的女儿有神经系统上的疾病 |
[13:33] | First of all, | 首先 |
[13:35] | Wilson played tennis on his college team, | 威尔森是大学是网球队的 |
[13:37] | and you are a Jew. | 而你是犹太人 |
[13:40] | … | 你不是运动好手 |
[13:44] | Sandy Koufax is Jewish. | 柯法斯(道奇投手)也是犹太人 |
[13:45] | Greatest left-handed pitcher of all time. | 是史上最棒的左投手 |
[13:47] | Sandy Koufax is all you Jews go on about, | 你们犹太不就只出了柯法斯这么一人 |
[13:50] | Sandy Koufax. And the Holocaust. It gets old. | 柯法斯和大屠杀都已经过时了 |
[13:54] | There are dozens of congenital conditions | 这里有几十个 |
[13:56] | that fit our parameters. | 先天性疾病符合 |
[13:58] | We can’t spend time gene-testing for all of them | 我们不能浪费时间做完全部的 |
[13:59] | especially when we’re only guessing it’s congenital. | 基因测试 而且我们只是判断了先天性疾病的可能 |
[14:02] | Is a Z-shot offensive or defensive? | Z形射击是进攻还是防守 |
[14:04] | It’s both. | 两个都是 |
[14:06] | You suspected that was a trick question. | 你觉得这问题很刁吗 |
[14:08] | But I could have said neither. | 我可能会说两个都不是 |
[14:10] | Diabetes makes more sense. | 糖尿病的推测更合理 |
[14:11] | We can narrow the testing down | 我们可以缩减测试的范围 |
[14:14] | to 40 likely candidates. | 到40个可能的疾病 |
[14:15] | Test for peripheral nerve damage. | 测试一下外周神经损伤 |
[14:17] | He’s got brain damage, | 他有脑部损伤 |
[14:18] | he’s likely to have peripheral | 不管是什么引致的 |
[14:20] | nerve damage no matter what the cause. | 他都可能有外周神经损伤 |
[14:21] | Yes, that’s why we should not test him for it. | 没错 这就是为什么我们不能对他做测试 |
[14:22] | Test the daughter. | 测他女儿 |
[14:25] | Kutner runs the nerve test. | 卡特那去做神经测试 |
[14:26] | Taub, you may be right about the diabetes. | 陶博 你说的糖尿病可能是对的 |
[14:28] | Take supper away from our patient | 不要让病人吃晚饭 |
[14:29] | and run a glucose tolerance test. | 然后做葡萄糖耐受试验 |
[14:32] | Oh, and the nurses have been working so hard, | 对了 还有 护士们都很累了 |
[14:35] | you can do the blood draws yourself. | 你可以自己动手做血检 |
[14:36] | They have to be done every | 这些测试要几小时就要做一次 |
[14:39] | couple of hours. | 你在惩罚我 |
[14:42] | That would be petty. | 那就太小气了 |
[14:44] | I’m punishing you | 我是在惩罚你 |
[14:45] | because now you’ve joined my best friend in lying to me. | 因为你跟我最好的朋友出去玩儿 还对我撒谎 |
[14:47] | Let me know when you’re ready to confess everything. | 等到你想坦白的时候 告我一声 |
[14:59] | These can become either hot or cold. | 这些绷带可能会忽冷忽热 |
[15:02] | As soon as it starts to feel uncomfortable, | 只要一开始 她就会觉得不太舒服 |
[15:04] | I want you to tell me. | 我需要你告诉我 |
[15:05] | But you don’t think | 你是不是觉得 |
[15:06] | there’s something wrong with me. | 我有什么问题 |
[15:07] | No, baby. They’re testing you to help Daddy. | 没有 宝贝 他们只是想测试你来帮爸爸 |
[15:10] | Yes. What you’re doing is very important. | 没错 你现在做的事情是很重要的 |
[15:11] | It’s like the better you do, | 你做得越好 |
[15:13] | the better we know your dad is. It’s okay. | 我们就能更了解你爸爸的病 |
[15:21] | I’ll start with heat. | 我们开始加热 |
[15:28] | I know it’s not his fault. | 我知道这不是他的错 |
[15:30] | I know what he says is involuntary, but… | 我知道他说那些话都不是成心的 |
[15:33] | It doesn’t help. | 但还是没有用 |
[15:36] | Inside he’s still the same man. | 在他内心里面 他就是这个人 |
[15:39] | Yeah, that’s the problem. | 就是这个问题 |
[15:41] | Apparently he’s been thinking this stuff all along. | 很明显他脑子里面一天到晚都在想这些东西 |
[15:43] | Whoever that same man is, | 他是谁无关紧要 |
[15:44] | it’s not the person I thought I was married to. | 反正不是我想要嫁的那一个 |
[15:47] | You Okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:50] | She should be feeling something by now. | 她现在应该有感觉的 |
[15:55] | What does that mean? Is she sick too? | 什么意思 她也病了吗 |
[15:58] | Marika? Honey? | 麦瑞卡 宝贝 |
[16:02] | You’re burned, | 你烫伤了 |
[16:04] | why didn’t you tell me it started to hurt? | 为什么你不叫疼 |
[16:05] | I wanted to help Daddy. | 我想帮爸爸 |
[16:06] | You said the better I do, | 你说我做得越好 |
[16:07] | the better Daddy has to be. | 就越能帮爸爸 |
[16:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:12] | … | 我饿死了 |
[16:16] | Good thing it’s you and not Dr. Hadley. | 好在你不是哈德利医生 |
[16:19] | Could you keep her away from me? | 你能让她离我远一点吗 |
[16:21] | I have a rich imaginative life. | 我有一个充满幻想的世界 我不想跟别人分享 |
[16:25] | – I’d rather not share it. – We all have thoughts. | 我们都有想法 |
[16:27] | I know we all have sexual thoughts. | 我知道我们都有性幻想 |
[16:29] | We have ignoble thoughts. | 也有高尚的想法 |
[16:31] | I just don’t want those to be who I am to people. | 我只是不想将这些都让别人知道 |
[16:34] | Especially not to my wife. | 尤其是我的妻子 |
[16:35] | I understand, | 我懂 |
[16:36] | I don’t think it would be fair to define me | 我觉得用这些从我脑中 |
[16:37] | by my passing thoughts. | 一闪而过的念头来对我下结论不公平 |
[16:38] | My real choices are my actions. | 我所做的事 才是我真正的选择 |
[16:40] | And I’ve never done anything to hurt her, | 我从没有伤害她 |
[16:41] | I’ve never cheated. | 从没有背叛过她 |
[16:45] | You’re kidding me, you’ve cheated? | 不会吧 你搞过外遇? |
[16:46] | What? No. | 什么? 才没有 |
[16:50] | Why would you say that? | 干吗这么说 |
[16:52] | Because you look guilty as hell. | 因为你看起来很内疚 |
[16:54] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 你当然是了 |
[16:59] | God, they must think you’re a creep. | 老天 他们一定觉得你很恶心 |
[17:01] | They might not know, | 他们可能不知道 |
[17:03] | they might be idiots. | 可能是白痴 |
[17:05] | I just say these things. | 我只是说说而已 |
[17:17] | Why’d YOU page me here? | 我把我呼到这儿来干吗 |
[17:19] | I need you to update me on the patient’s condition. | 我要你汇报病人的情况 |
[17:23] | He seems to be dead. Why’d YOU page me here? | 看来是死了 为什么把我呼到这儿来 |
[17:26] | I need you to update me on the patient’s condition | 我得让你边打壁球 |
[17:29] | while hitting this against the wall. | 边汇报新情况啊 |
[17:34] | This is the only place we can do both. | 这里是唯一一个能这么做的地方 |
[17:35] | I finished the last blood draw. | 我做完了最后一滴血检 |
[17:37] | I expect the people who work | 我希望我手下的人 |
[17:39] | for me to rise to a challenge. | 能在挑战中成长 |
[17:40] | Unless they don’t expect to work for me. | 除非他们不想再跟着我了 |
[18:02] | Last blood draw was at 6:00 a.m. | 最后一次血检是在早上6:00 |
[18:05] | His sugar levels never rose above 120 all night. | 血糖水平在一个晚上都没有超过120 |
[18:12] | So the glucose was normal. | 所以葡萄糖是正常的 |
[18:15] | It means you were wrong about diabetes. | 说明你的糖尿病推断是错的 |
[18:16] | I still think it’s the endocrine system, | 我仍然认为是内分泌系统的问题 |
[18:19] | maybe I just got the wrong gland. | 可能我只是找错了腺体 |
[18:21] | You were going for thyroid instead of pancreas? | 这么说 你打算去测甲状腺而不是胰脏 |
[18:25] | It makes sense. | 有道理 |
[18:31] | Fine! | 得了 |
[18:33] | I’m not playing racquetball with Wilson! | 我没有跟威尔森一起打壁球 |
[18:36] | I was never playing racquetball with Wilson! | 我从来都没有跟他打过壁球 |
[18:37] | I have never played racquetball with Wilson. | 我以前也没有跟他打过壁球 |
[18:41] | I thought it would be helpful if a department head | 我想让部门的头欠我人情 |
[18:42] | owed me a favor, | 会对我有好处 |
[18:45] | but it’s not worth this. | 可是不值得 |
[18:46] | Not bad. | 不错 |
[18:49] | You put on a good show. | 演的不错 |
[18:51] | You studied up, | 你长大懂事了 |
[18:52] | Wilson actually booked a court. | 威尔森实际上是跟法庭预约了 |
[18:54] | If you were really a racquetball player, | 如果你真的是个壁球好手 |
[18:57] | you’d know that you’re holding a squash racquet. | 你就会知道你拿的是一个烂球拍 |
[19:00] | Tell Kutner to do a thyroid reuptake scan, | 让卡特那做甲状腺重摄取扫描 |
[19:03] | then go grab a nap in one of the on-call rooms. | 然后去等候室睡一觉 |
[19:07] | We’re taking you to do a thyroid reuptake scan. | 我们要带你做甲状腺重摄取扫描 |
[19:10] | We think your… I’m not going anywhere | -我们认为… -我哪儿都不去 |
[19:12] | until you explain why my daughter | 除非你解释 我的女儿手上 |
[19:14] | has a bandage on her hand. | 怎么会包着绷带 |
[19:15] | You just said you wanted to run some test. | 你们只是说要去做些测试 |
[19:17] | If I’d known it would involve pain, I’d have said, “Hell no.” | 如果我知道这得让我女儿受苦 我一定不会同意 |
[19:20] | It’s a mild burn. | 只是轻微的烫伤 |
[19:21] | Since Marika has a neurological disability, like you, | 因为麦瑞卡跟你一样有神经系统上的残疾 |
[19:24] | – we needed to make sure. – She has no disability. | 我们得确定她没有残疾 |
[19:26] | Nick, you know about her problem with | 你知道 |
[19:27] | auditory processing. | 听知觉处理障碍 |
[19:29] | Auditory processing? | 听知觉处理? |
[19:31] | That’s code, for “I can’t stand thinking | 意思是 “我不能忍受一直想着 |
[19:32] | my daughter’s not perfect.” | 我的女儿有缺陷” |
[19:34] | The therapist said Marika’s test scores… | 临床医学家说麦瑞卡的测试分数 |
[19:36] | Were indeterminate. | 是中等水平 |
[19:38] | She doesn’t have a disability. | 她没有残疾 |
[19:39] | She daydreams. | 她会做白日梦 |
[19:42] | She gets below average marks in school | 她在学校的成绩也是在平均水平以下 |
[19:43] | because she’s below average. | 因为她是平均水平以下 |
[19:46] | Every parent thinks their child is above average. | 每一个父母都想自己的儿女比别人好 |
[19:49] | – Nick! – Do they have any idea | 尼克 你知不知道 |
[19:50] | what the word average means? | 平均水平是什么意思啊 |
[19:51] | Somebody has to be under it. | 一定会有一部分人在这个水平以下的 |
[19:53] | Nick, shut up! | 尼克 闭嘴 |
[20:00] | Honey. | 喔 宝贝 |
[20:03] | I’m not saying you’re stupid. | 我不是说你很笨 |
[20:05] | Your mother’s not the sharpest crayon in the box, | 你妈也不是很出众 |
[20:08] | and she does great. | 但也干得不错 |
[20:11] | See, this is why I told your mother to keep you at home. | 唉 我就和你妈说过让你呆在家 |
[20:17] | Didn’t want you here. | 不要来 |
[20:19] | Marika. | 马瑞卡 |
[20:22] | Marika, wait. | 马瑞卡 等等 |
[20:23] | (MACHINE BEEPING) Get her… | 抓住她 |
[20:25] | You’re burning up. | 你发烧了 |
[20:29] | Your lungs are full of fluid, we need to get it out. | 你的肺部充满积液 我得把它弄出来 |
[20:31] | I need 200 milligrams of furosemide | 我要200毫升速尿 |
[20:33] | and two milligrams of morphine, stat. | 和2毫升吗啡 马上 |
[20:37] | – His temperature is 103. – Infection. | 他的体温已经是华氏103度了 是感染 |
[20:40] | The steroids must have forced it into the open. | 类固醇引发的 |
[20:42] | What kind of infection? It could be anything. | 究竟是哪种感染? 可能性太多了 |
[20:43] | Staph aureus, tuberculosis, strongyloides. | 金黄色葡萄球菌感染 肺结核 粪类圆线虫感染… |
[20:45] | Go back to Phineas and get a history. | 去菲尼亚斯王(巴尔干半岛一古代某国君主)那弄他的历史 |
[20:47] | We got a history. He hasn’t been | 我们有他的历史 他没出过国 |
[20:48] | out of the country. | 要详细的 |
[20:49] | Get a detailed history. | 没人呆在家就会生病 |
[20:51] | No one at home is sick, no one at work is sick, | 也不会因为工作就生病 |
[20:53] | there’s no sign of ticks or mosquitoes. | 没有虱蝇或者蚊子的咬痕 |
[20:54] | Get a more detailed history. | 要更详细点的 继续去问 |
[20:57] | Ask him again. And again, until he remembers something. | 直到问出来为止 |
[20:58] | Not you. Kutner can do it. | 没叫你去 卡特那一个人就可以了 |
[21:01] | You’re going to be busy with something else. | 你有别的任务 |
[21:08] | I’m here to invite you to lunch. | 我请你吃午饭 |
[21:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:17] | I’ve been made. | 我是被派过来的 |
[21:19] | House sent me back to you as a double agent. | 豪斯想当我当双面间谍 |
[21:28] | Anything wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[21:29] | Eyes are a little red. | 眼睛有点红 |
[21:30] | … | 太突然了 |
[21:33] | … | 我就没怎么睡过好觉 |
[21:35] | You should get some rest yourself. | 你该去睡觉了 |
[21:37] | That’s a good idea. | 我赞同 |
[21:39] | This is going to take some time, | 这会花比较久的时间 |
[21:41] | it will be pretty exhaustive. | 这会是个彻底的检查 |
[21:42] | Are you afraid of what you might say while I’m here? | 你担心我在场你会说不好的话 |
[21:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:46] | Are you telling me | 你是想说 |
[21:47] | there’s something worse than what I’ve already heard? | 还有比你已说过的更糟的话吗 |
[21:49] | No, I don’t know what I’m going to say. | 不 我只是不知道我会说什么 |
[21:53] | I don’t know how I’m going to hurt you next. | 我不知道我会怎么伤害你 |
[21:55] | I think we should | 我觉得目前 |
[21:56] | be around each other as little as possible right now. | 我们还是分开比较好 |
[22:03] | This is pathetic. | 这太可悲了 |
[22:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:07] | Tell Marika I love her very much. | 告诉马瑞卡说我很爱她 |
[22:11] | She understands that. | 她知道的 |
[22:13] | I don’t think she does. | 我不这么觉得 |
[22:16] | You’re just saying that to make me feel better. Yeah. | 你只是为了安慰我 |
[22:36] | Guy leads a boring life. | 那家伙过着无聊的生活 |
[22:38] | They stay home a lot. | 整天呆在家 |
[22:39] | No travel, no exotic pets. | 不旅游 没外来宠物 |
[22:41] | No nearby standing water. | 家附近没死水 |
[22:42] | You sound pleased about something. | 你似乎发现了什么 |
[22:44] | Can we get to that part? | 直说好吗 |
[22:45] | His wife rescues dogs. | 他老婆喜欢救助狗 |
[22:47] | Among others, a big Rottweiler, | 一只罗特韦尔犬负责管家 |
[22:49] | who’s taken over the house. | 我们的病人讨厌它 |
[22:52] | No… | -没 -那太遗憾了 继续 |
[22:58] | I asked what the odds were | 我问说他会把什么东西 |
[22:59] | that he would’ve put down food or drink where the dog could reach. | 给狗吃喝 |
[23:01] | He said he put a glass of juice on the floor | 他说会在它修电视的时候 |
[23:03] | while he was fixing the television. | 给它果汁喝 |
[23:05] | – The dog was fixing the television? | 狗会修电视? |
[23:06] | – Yes. | -是的 -病人眼睛红了? |
[23:11] | Bacterial. You lucked out. | 细菌的 他还算走运 |
[23:12] | Start him on doxycycline. | 给他用强力霉素 |
[23:15] | If he improves, we’ll know we were right. | 如果他好转 我们就对了 |
[23:21] | I told Wilson you sent me to get information. | 我告诉威尔森说你派我传话的 |
[23:23] | And now you’re telling me. | 你现在告诉我 |
[23:25] | What does that make you, a quadruple agent? | 你怎么就成了四重间谍了 |
[23:26] | He let me print out his e-mails. | 他让我帮他打印电子邮件 |
[23:30] | Wow. Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[23:31] | Information he wants us to have. | 他想让我们从中得到信息 |
[23:33] | Did he let you print out his deleted e-mails? | 他让你打印他已经删掉的邮件吗 |
[23:35] | – No. – Go back there… | -没 -那就回去 |
[23:36] | As long as I was sitting there, | 我在那边呆着的时候 |
[23:38] | thought I’d print them anyway. | 就想好怎么都得把它们打印出来 |
[23:40] | Top one’s the one you’re looking for. | 顶上这封是你想要的 |
[23:42] | “I confirm Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.” | 周三7点会面的确认 |
[23:46] | It’s outgoing to JGonzalez@NYMercy.net. | 这是发给jgonzalez@nymcy.net的 |
[23:50] | There’s a Joan Gonzalez in oncology. | 有个叫乔安·冈萨雷斯的肿瘤学专家 |
[23:52] | It’s a consult. | 是个顾问 |
[23:53] | Secret consult at 7:00 p.m.? | 神秘的顾问 晚上7点? |
[23:56] | Oh, Joan is perky. | 乔安长得不错 |
[24:00] | You’re wrong, there was a patient file attached. | 你错了 有病人案例附在里面 |
[24:02] | Where? | 在哪 |
[24:05] | No. | 不对 |
[24:06] | Wilson doesn’t password protect his patient files. | 威尔森不会用密码保护他病人的资料 |
[24:10] | I’m the only one he’d expect ever to look there, | 我是唯一有可能去看的人 |
[24:12] | and he knows there’s only one patient I’d want to check on. | 他知道只有一个病人我会关心 |
[24:14] | You think Wilson’s sick? | 你觉得威尔森病了? |
[24:19] | If Wilson had cancer, | 如果他得了癌症 就没有理由 |
[24:21] | there’d be no reason for him to drive three hours to Manhattan. | 开上三小时车去曼哈顿 |
[24:23] | He knows he could pull strings here to get the best treatment. | 他在这就可以有最好的治疗 |
[24:25] | Six articles by Gonzalez. | 冈萨雷斯发表过六篇文章 |
[24:27] | “Managing suicidal thoughts in oncology patients.” | 控制癌症病人轻生的念头 |
[24:31] | “Suicidal ideation in children with leukemia.” | 白血病儿童轻生念头的产生 |
[24:34] | I don’t want to ask this, but have you ever had reason to think | 我不想过问这事 但你觉得 |
[24:38] | he might be depressed? | 他有可能会消沉吗 |
[24:39] | No. Get out of here. | 不 出去吧 |
[24:54] | KUTNER: Your fever’s down and your lungs are clearing. | 你体温下来了 肺部也变干净了 |
[24:56] | How long before this brain thing goes away? | 但脑子什么时候才能恢复 |
[24:59] | Infection’s gone. | 感染消除了以后 |
[25:00] | The damage the infection did, | 但感染造成的损害 |
[25:02] | you’ll have to live with. | 你得去适应它 |
[25:03] | You telling me you can’t fix this? | 你是说无法治愈吗 |
[25:07] | There’s got to be a way… | 一定有办法的 |
[25:08] | We’d need to remove the damaged area | 我们得移除在大脑扣带回 |
[25:10] | in your cingulate gyrus, | 的受损组织 |
[25:11] | but it’s too close to the brain stem to risk surgery. | 但那太靠近脑干 风险太大 |
[25:13] | You can’t risk it? | 你冒不起这险 |
[25:15] | But I could shop around, | 但我可以到别的地方 |
[25:17] | and maybe some better doctors at a better hospital… | 另外一家更好的医院一些更好的医生 |
[25:20] | The brain stem controls the body’s involuntary systems. | 脑干控制身体的非自主系统 |
[25:23] | The slightest mistake could kill you. | 轻微的失误就会让你丧命 |
[25:24] | … | 即使你没死 |
[25:29] | I get it. | -你可能永远 -我明白了 |
[25:31] | I know this seems like a lot to deal with right now, | 我知道现在这样很难接受 |
[25:33] | but people have adapted | 但人们不得不去适应 |
[25:36] | to living with all kinds of neurological deficits. | 神经问题影响下的生活 |
[25:37] | Hey, at least we can promise you it won’t get any worse. | 至少我们可以保证不会变得更差 |
[25:40] | Get the hell out of my room. | 快给我滚 |
[25:56] | Your assistant said that you were out | 你的助理说你不在医院里 |
[25:58] | of the hospital taking a walk. | 去散步了 |
[26:00] | – Is there an emergency? | 有什么紧急情况吗 |
[26:02] | – I don’t know, is there? | 我不知道 有吗 |
[26:04] | You never take a walk unless you got something | 你从不去散步 除非你有 |
[26:07] | you need to think about. | 什么心事 |
[26:08] | Maybe you just don’t have | 或许是你没有 |
[26:09] | a good statistical sampling of my walks. | 足够了解我散步的统计样本 |
[26:12] | The other thing you do when you need to think is you come to my office. | 你需要征求别人的意见时还会去我那 |
[26:16] | Apparently, this is something | 显然这事你只能和 |
[26:18] | you can only discuss with Gonzalez at New York Mercy. | 纽约的冈萨雷斯商量 |
[26:25] | Taub. Another graduate of the House School of Being a Dick. | 陶博 豪斯学校毕业的侦探 |
[26:29] | Private dick. | 私家侦探 |
[26:31] | Look, I’d love to stay for the full inquisition, | 我是愿意继续被质询 |
[26:32] | but I need some hot coffee. | 但我想先弄点热咖啡 |
[26:39] | Of course you need hot coffee, | 你当然需要点儿热咖啡 |
[26:41] | it’s 45 degrees outside and you left your coat upstairs. | 外面才45华氏度 你都没带大衣 |
[26:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:47] | You’re going to tell me why I forgot my coat? | 你是想告诉我为什么我忘带大衣吗 |
[26:49] | Once you get outside, the cold would have reminded you. | 你一旦出门 温度自然会提醒你 |
[26:53] | Could have gone back, but you didn’t. | 你就会回去 但你没有 |
[26:55] | You chose to be uncomfortable. | 你选择继续 |
[26:57] | Now why would someone choose that? | 为什么会这样 |
[27:02] | Because they hate themselves? | 因为他们讨厌自己? |
[27:05] | Has it ever occurred to you that when I don’t share something, | 有的时候不和你说某事 |
[27:06] | it might not be meant as a challenge? | 并不是想挑逗你 |
[27:08] | It might just mean that I’d like there to be | 有可能只是 |
[27:09] | one molecule of my life | 我只想自己呆会 |
[27:12] | that goes unexamined by Gregory House. | 不受格利高里·豪斯的骚扰 |
[27:28] | Nick Greenwald. | 我是尼克·格林沃德 |
[27:31] | I hear you’re the guy in charge. | 听说你是负责人 |
[27:32] | I’m the patient with the disinhibition. | 我就是那个去抑制的病人 |
[27:36] | If you’re here to say thanks, you’re welcome. Now go away. | 如果你想来表示感谢 很欢迎 现滚蛋吧 |
[27:39] | I’m not thankful. I’m pissed. | 我没感谢 我很生气 |
[27:41] | All the more reason to go away. | 那更该滚蛋了 |
[27:44] | They’re talking about sending me home. | 他们想把我送回家 |
[27:47] | To what? | 回去干嘛 |
[27:49] | A life where I’ll continually drive away anyone who might, | 把所有会关心我的人 |
[27:50] | for a second, care about me? | 都给吓跑吗 |
[27:52] | Those are the breaks. | 那些人是你的刹车装置 |
[28:00] | You could operate. | 你有办法 |
[28:04] | You could die. | 你可以选择去死 |
[28:06] | So I’m either better or dead? | 所以要么我变好要么去死吗 |
[28:08] | I’m okay with that. | 我没意见 |
[28:15] | I’ve always been kind | 我一直是个 |
[28:18] | of an impatient guy. | 不耐心的家伙 |
[28:21] | But I’ve worked hard to keep my mouth shut. | 但我很努力不乱说话 |
[28:24] | I’ve made my wife happy. | 让我的夫人快乐 |
[28:25] | I’ve made my little girl happy. | 我的女儿高兴 |
[28:29] | I want that back. | 我不想失去 |
[28:31] | Otherwise, it’s no life. | 否则的话 生活就没意义了 |
[28:43] | I want you to remove a small problem. | 我希望你去除这个病灶 |
[28:49] | I’m not a neurosurgeon. | 我不是神经外科医生 |
[28:51] | Your boss is. You could assist, | 但你老板是 你可以帮忙 |
[28:53] | I’m sure you’d like to add to your resume. | 你应该想把这放到你简历上吧 |
[28:55] | It’s too near the brain stem. | 那离脑干太近了 |
[28:58] | Nobody’s going to touch it. Your boss would. | -没人会去碰它 -你老板会 |
[29:00] | He’s an egomaniac. | 他是个自大狂 |
[29:02] | I know ’cause I keep seeing him at the club. | 我经常看他在俱乐部里 |
[29:04] | He just needs a little push. | 他只需要推上一把 |
[29:05] | I’m sure by now you’ve kissed his ass sufficiently. | 我确信你已经拍够他马屁 |
[29:12] | Would you like me to phrase it as “you’re politically gifted”? | 你是想让我夸你很有政治头脑吗 |
[29:13] | I could do that. | 没问题 |
[29:17] | (CLEARS THROAT) You want me to help you? | 你想我帮你 |
[29:22] | Tell me why. | -告诉我原因 -什么原因 |
[29:27] | The puzzle’s solved, | 谜团已经解开了 |
[29:28] | the guy’s alive. | 那家伙活下来了 |
[29:29] | And the odds of coming out of this surgery | 手术的后果 |
[29:31] | with that same status aren’t that great. | 可不一定会很好 |
[29:32] | My patient has a quality of life issue. | 我的病人有生活质量上的问题 |
[29:37] | He says awful things. Hardly a medical condition. | 他经常说恶心人的话 但不是医学上的事情 |
[29:39] | When he leaves here, he’s going to lose his family. | 当他从这走出去后 他会失去家庭 |
[29:44] | He’s going to alienate the people he works with. | 还会疏远和同事的关系 |
[29:46] | And if he ever finds a friend who’s willing | 如果他能找到一个可以忍受 |
[29:48] | to put up with his crap, | 他的朋友 |
[29:50] | he’ll be lucky. | 他就很幸运了 |
[29:53] | Until he drives them away, too. | 但他最终还是要把他们赶跑 |
[30:01] | I’ll see what I can do. | 让我看看 |
[30:28] | You’ve apparently got this whole coat thing backwards. | 你又想提大衣的事情吧 |
[30:31] | I may have overreacted. | 我当时有点过激了 |
[30:35] | You definitely overreacted. | 是肯定过激了 |
[30:37] | I knew you’d meet me halfway. | 我知道你会在半路上杀出来 |
[30:40] | But it made me think. | 它让我想到了 |
[30:41] | You only snap on one subject, | 你只会在一件事情上发火 |
[30:44] | losing people. | 有人要死了 |
[30:45] | So I went back to the Intel. | 我去查了下资料 |
[30:48] | It’s true there’s only one doctor named | 纽约那确实只有一个叫 |
[30:50] | Gonzalez at New York Mercy, | 冈萨雷斯的医生 |
[30:51] | but there’s a Javier Gonzalez who’s | 但在精神病区有个叫 |
[30:53] | a nurse in the psych ward. | 杰维尔·冈萨雷斯的护士 |
[30:55] | Now who could you lose who’d end up there? | 猜猜谁会在那死去 |
[30:59] | Maybe the reason I don’t always open up to you | 我不和你说的原因是因为 |
[31:01] | is because it’s redundant. | 它有可能显得多余 |
[31:03] | Daniel Wilson. | 丹尼尔·威尔森 |
[31:05] | Once you’ve got a name, it’s amazing how much stuff | 一旦你知道了名字 你会很惊奇地发现 |
[31:08] | you can learn on the phone. | 你可以通过电话得到很多消息 |
[31:10] | I mean, if you’re a doctor and you lie freely. | 我是说 你用医生来作幌子而撒的谎 |
[31:14] | They found your brother sleeping in the lobby | 他们发现你兄弟在 |
[31:16] | of an office building in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿的一办公室休息室里睡觉 |
[31:18] | He got aggressive when they asked him to leave, | 他们让他离开的时候他犯病了 |
[31:20] | and the cops took him to the Mercy psych ward. | 警察就把他送进精神病房 |
[31:22] | There’ve been | 自从他逃跑后 |
[31:24] | new anti-psychotics developed since he ran away. | 有新的精神药物被研制出来 |
[31:25] | He’s been on them for a couple of days. | 他已经用了几天了 |
[31:26] | And by tonight, | 今天晚上 |
[31:28] | he should be in shape to talk to me. | 他应该可以好好和我聊天 |
[31:30] | But you’re not sure if he wants to. | 但你不确定他是否愿意 |
[31:35] | I’ll be in New York in a few hours, | 我几小时后就到纽约 |
[31:36] | I guess I’ll find out. | 到时我就知道了 |
[31:38] | Why wouldn’t you tell me this? | 你为什么不和我说 |
[31:40] | House, you and I, | 豪斯 你和我 |
[31:43] | we don’t have the normal social contract. | 我们的交往不是很正常 |
[31:46] | I don’t expect you to tell me the lies that… | 但我不想你对我撒谎 |
[31:48] | I’m fully capable of lying to you. | 我有能力向你撒谎 |
[31:51] | I’ve lied plenty of times. | 我这样干过很多次 |
[31:52] | I mean collaborative lies. | 我是指善意的谎言 |
[31:55] | Giving someone a hand who maybe | 当人们需要安慰的时候 |
[31:57] | needs to deceive themselves, | 需要一些善意的谎言 |
[31:58] | just a little. | 一点就好 |
[32:02] | For two days, I’ve been thinking about | 这两天我一直都在想 |
[32:03] | how Danny’s going to react when he sees me. | 丹尼见到我的时候会是什么反应 |
[32:05] | If I said that to anybody else, they’d say, “Don’t worry, it’ll all be all right.” | 如果我问别人 他们肯定会说 别担心 没事的 |
[32:09] | You wouldn’t. | 但你不会 |
[32:13] | Because it might all go horribly wrong. Yeah. | 因为可能会糟糕透顶 |
[32:21] | Yeah, it might. | 很有可能 |
[32:23] | In which case, you might want some company. | 无论哪种情况 你都需要有个伴 |
[32:33] | FOREMAN: Your heart’s beating. First hurdle passed. | 你的心脏在跳动 第一道坎过去了 |
[32:36] | Now we need to know if you can breathe for yourself. | 现在我们看看你能否自主呼吸 |
[32:42] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[32:47] | Now, do you know who you are? | 你知道自己是谁吗 |
[32:49] | Nick Greenwald, | 尼克·格林沃德 |
[32:52] | former S.O.B. | 病好前是个混蛋 |
[32:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:59] | Now I can go back to my beautiful life | 现在我能回到我美好的生活 |
[33:01] | with my beautiful wife. | 和美丽的妻子身边了吗 |
[33:03] | Maybe she’ll stop whining and cut me some slack | 在我冒着生命危险做了手术之后 |
[33:06] | now that I’ve risked my life. | 她就不会再唠叨 放我一马了 |
[33:09] | It doesn’t make sense. | 没道理 |
[33:10] | We removed the problem. | 我们已经解决了病因 |
[33:11] | We removed the damage. | 我们治愈潜在的伤害 |
[33:13] | Maybe we were wrong about the problem. | 也许我们判断错病因了 |
[33:14] | I need to believe we can get through this. | 告诉我 我们能渡过这次难关 |
[33:16] | FOREMAN: Temperature’s 94.5. | 体温华氏94.5度 |
[33:18] | Do you really think I’m stupid? | 你真的认为我很傻吗? |
[33:20] | Honey, you’re not stupid, | 宝贝 你不傻 |
[33:22] | you’re just… | 你只是 |
[33:23] | Please don’t do this. | 别再问我了 |
[33:26] | … | 你就不能尊重一下我吗 尼克 |
[33:28] | What do you think of what I do for a living? | 你对我的工作是怎么想的? |
[33:29] | I think people who publicize important things | 我觉得无用之人 |
[33:32] | are people who can’t do important things themselves. | 才会出版那些无用之物 |
[33:35] | Honey, stop. | 宝贝 不要问了 |
[33:36] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[33:37] | Do you regret marrying me? – 94.2. | -你后悔和我结婚吗? -94.2度 |
[33:40] | – Sometimes. – Everybody wonders. | 有时候 每个人都彷徨过… |
[33:41] | – Get me a heating blanket. | 给我一张热毯子 |
[33:42] | Do you even love me? Yes. | -你到底还爱不爱我? -爱 |
[33:44] | Wait. Let me… | 我不知道为什么 |
[33:52] | V-tach! Get me the paddles. | 推车架过来 给我电击板 |
[33:58] | Clear. | 电击 |
[34:03] | Echo says his heart is structurally fine, | 心室回声说明他的心脏结构正常 |
[34:05] | but his temperature is still dropping. | 但他的体温还在下降 |
[34:06] | He’s headed for hypothermia. | 越来越像低体温症 |
[34:08] | I can’t reach House. It just goes to voice-mail. | 找不到豪斯 只有语音留言 |
[34:10] | Means we were wrong about infection. | 说明我们对感染的判断错了 |
[34:13] | His temperature’s just going up and down | 他的体温忽高忽低 |
[34:14] | because something’s playing with his thermostat. | 他的体温调节系统有病变 |
[34:15] | Which means the brain damage is spreading. | 说明他的脑伤扩散了 |
[34:16] | What causes | 什么病同时导致 |
[34:18] | brain damage and nosebleed, | 脑损伤 鼻血 还涉及肺 |
[34:19] | and involves the lungs, heart, and kidneys? | 肾脏 和心脏问题 |
[34:20] | Cancer. | 癌症? |
[34:21] | We could text him. | -我们可以检查一下 -不是癌症 |
[34:27] | Do a full body scan. | 做全身检查 |
[34:28] | House hates full body scans. | 豪斯不喜欢全身检查 |
[34:29] | – House isn’t here. – House is right. | -豪斯不在这 -豪斯是对的 |
[34:31] | Everybody’s got three or four meaningless anomalies | 每个人的身体都有些无关紧要的病症 |
[34:33] | that’ll come up on a scan. | 全身检查能把这些都检查出来 |
[34:35] | Chasing each one will take time we don’t have. | 而我们没有时间去追查每个病变 |
[34:36] | Feel free to send him an IM. | 那也阻止不了我 |
[35:24] | You told me you saw your brother once, | 你说过 你在你弟弟离家出走后 |
[35:26] | after he disappeared. | 见过他一次 |
[35:28] | Thirteen years ago. | 13年前 |
[35:30] | I used to go to Princeton whenever I could. | 我以前一有空就去普林斯顿 |
[35:32] | I must have hit every homeless shelter in town. | 城里的每个收容所我都找过了 |
[35:35] | Then one day, I’m just sitting at this deli having a sandwich, | 有一天 我坐在一家熟食店吃三明治 |
[35:37] | I look out the window | 往窗外看了看 |
[35:39] | and there he is. | 发现他在外面 |
[35:41] | He was gone by the time I got outside. | 我出去的时候他已经走了 |
[35:44] | That’s why you were so eager, | 所以当我告诉你 普林斯顿有空缺职位的时候 |
[35:45] | when I told you there was a job in Princeton. | 你才会那么兴奋 |
[35:47] | I thought it was just my charm. | 我还以为是我的魅力所致 |
[35:50] | That’s the team, shouldn’t you answer? | 你的小队打来的电话 你不接吗 |
[35:52] | They’ve already texted me to say they’re doing something stupid. | 他们已经发了短信告诉我 他们又做了傻事 |
[35:57] | Small abdominal aneurysm. | 腹部有些小异常 |
[35:58] | Also irrelevant. | 不相关 还找到些什么? |
[36:02] | Also irrelevant. | 还是不相关 |
[36:03] | Couldn’t cause any of the symptoms. | 不能引发任何症状 |
[36:04] | There’s a density in the liver, | 肝脏血管密度过大 |
[36:05] | could be a vascular malformation. | 可能是血管畸形 |
[36:07] | If he’s got multiple AVMs, | 如果他有多动静脉畸形 |
[36:09] | screwed up blood flow would | 血流被搅乱 这就可以解释一切症状 |
[36:10] | explain everything. | 用血管造影术才能发现 |
[36:12] | We can only spot them with angiography. | 我们得做对比扫描 |
[36:14] | We’ll have to do targeted scans with contrast, | 把病变的地方一一堵上 |
[36:16] | We’ll find out. | 一会就知道了 |
[36:19] | The spell-correct on Kutner’s phone | 要么是卡特纳的短信 |
[36:21] | has got a hair-trigger. | 拼写有误 |
[36:23] | Either that, or the patient | 要么就是我们病人 |
[36:27] | has a “cyclone” in the “floral” of his lungs. | 某一边的肺叶席卷了一场龙卷风 |
[36:30] | You took a walk in 45-degree weather | 你在华氏45度的低温下散步 |
[36:33] | and you left your coat behind. | 却把外套落在办公室 |
[36:38] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[36:39] | I think you were punishing yourself. | 我认为你在惩罚自己 |
[36:42] | I think you wanted to feel | 你是想感受一下 |
[36:43] | what it would be like to be homeless in a New Jersey winter. | 在新泽西的冬季无家可归是怎样的感觉 |
[36:47] | That tells me guilt. | 我觉得你应该是很愧疚 |
[36:51] | That tells me something happened. | 肯定有地方不对劲 |
[36:56] | The schizophrenia started when he was a teenager. | 他在青少年时期就患上了精神分裂 |
[36:58] | When he was in college, | 那时他还在上大学 |
[37:00] | he was on meds, but he’d still think | 一直接受着治疗 但他始终觉得 |
[37:02] | a professor was out to get him because he got a B, | 教授会因为他考试得了个B而找他麻烦 |
[37:05] | or he would fight with his roommates because he never showered. | 或因为从不洗澡而和室友打架 |
[37:07] | Where were you? | 当时你在哪? |
[37:08] | Med school. | 医学院 |
[37:11] | He called me every day, | 他每天都给我打电话 |
[37:15] | talked for hours. I didn’t have hours. | 一聊就是几个小时 可我没那么多时间 |
[37:19] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[37:23] | Later for that. Go on. | 稍后再说这个 你继续 |
[37:25] | I was tired of being the guy that everybody counted on. | 我厌倦了做别人依靠的对象 |
[37:27] | So one night Danny called… | 于是有一天丹尼打来电话 |
[37:31] | One night Danny called, crying, upset about something. | 他哭了 抱怨着什么 |
[37:35] | I had to study for an exam. | 但我得复习考试 |
[37:36] | So I hung up. | 所以我挂断了 |
[37:41] | Took my things, | 拿着我的东西 |
[37:42] | I went to the library | 去了图书馆 |
[37:43] | where I wouldn’t have to hear the phone ring. | 这样就听不到电话响了 |
[37:44] | I wonder how that turned out. | 我很好奇之后的事 |
[37:46] | My mother called me the next day, | 第二天我妈给我打电话 |
[37:48] | Danny had run away and left his meds behind. | 告诉我丹尼离家出走 不再接受治疗了 |
[37:50] | Which I knew meant that he would never be able | 我知道这意味着他再也没能力 |
[37:54] | to choose to come back, | 自己回来 |
[37:57] | because he’d be so detached from reality. | 因为他的病让他与现实社会完全脱节 |
[38:01] | So you made your one effort to live a normal, selfish life, | 所以当你努力试着过普通而自私的生活时 |
[38:04] | and the universe immediately smacked you down. | 全能的上帝立刻惩罚了你 |
[38:07] | And because we’re wired to | 同样因为我们都注定喜欢 |
[38:09] | find meaning in semi-random events, | 从半随机的事件之中寻找生命的意义 |
[38:11] | you decided never to be that careless again. | 所以你决定再也不这么大意 |
[38:13] | You don’t think that’s a little facile? | 你不觉得这样说 有些逃避责任? |
[38:16] | Actually, I don’t. | 事实上 我不觉得 |
[38:18] | I think you did it consciously. | 我觉得你已经很用心去做这件事 |
[38:22] | You developed your people pleasing talents | 你就像奥运会选手锻炼他们的肌肉那样 |
[38:25] | the way an Olympic athlete develops his muscles. | 锻炼自己与人为乐的天赋 |
[38:28] | Talk about an overreaction to a single event. | 说到平凡小事的反映过激 |
[38:30] | It was a pretty big event. | 那件事闹得很大 |
[38:32] | Hanging up the phone? | 只是挂电话? |
[38:34] | That’s what you’re blaming all this on. | 你一直在怪自己挂了电话 |
[38:36] | That’s the behavior you’ve been trying to correct. | 那件事 你一直想要修复补偿 |
[38:39] | As though nothing else went wrong in your brother’s life. | 就好像你弟弟的生活中就没有别的错事了 |
[38:42] | Of course he overreacted, too, but… | 当然 他也反映过激了 但… |
[38:48] | His glucose was normal. | 他的葡萄糖水平正常 |
[38:50] | We’re not talking about my brother anymore, are we? | 我们不是在谈我弟弟了 对吧 |
[38:58] | It’s House. | 我是豪斯 |
[38:59] | AVMs don’t explain his glucose. | 多动静脉畸形不能解释葡萄糖水平 |
[39:02] | Since this is a significant moment | 介于这是我生命中非常重要的时刻 |
[39:07] | in my life and all, I’ll… | 我想我就直接进去 然后… |
[39:12] | We have given him steroids. | 你们给他用了类固醇 |
[39:13] | His glucose should have been elevated. | 他的葡萄糖水平应该升高 |
[39:15] | That wannabe cyst you found in the whole body scan, | 病因就是你们在全身检查中找到的囊肿 |
[39:18] | without the glucose, it’s an irrelevant cyst, | 不联系葡萄糖水平 它就只是无关紧要的囊肿 |
[39:20] | with the glucose, it’s a relevant fibroma. | 考虑到葡萄糖 它就是一个纤维瘤 |
[39:23] | He has Doege-Potter Syndrome. | 他得的是孤立性胸膜纤维瘤 |
[39:25] | His fibroma is secreting human growth hormone | 他的纤维瘤中藏有成长荷尔蒙 |
[39:28] | which acts like insulin, lowering his glucose. | 就像胰岛素一样 降低他的葡萄糖水平 |
[39:30] | That doesn’t explain the organ failure, the brain damage. | 这不能解释他的脏器衰竭和脑功能异常 |
[39:33] | This whole thing is an overreaction. | 整个系统都反映过激了 |
[39:36] | That one small fibroma, it’s benign, | 那个小纤维瘤 |
[39:38] | but his body’s acting like it’s an invader. | 是良性的 但他身体的反应就好像是来了入侵者 |
[39:41] | His antibodies went to war against it and got carried away, | 他的抗体跟小纤维瘤打起了仗 |
[39:43] | attacked his other systems. | 并且波及到他身体的其他系统 |
[39:46] | Take out the fibroma, | 摘除纤维瘤 |
[39:48] | he’ll be a happy hypocrite again in no time. | 很快他就能高兴的做回伪君子了 |
[39:58] | NICK: Maybe I should call a cab. | 也许我该叫个出租车 |
[40:00] | Your wife’s probably just late. | 你妻子可能来迟了 |
[40:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:05] | I’m sorry about, | 我很抱歉 |
[40:09] | you know, | 你知道 |
[40:12] | things I said. | 为我之前说的话 |
[40:15] | I have a conspicuous nose. | 我的鼻子很大 |
[40:18] | It suits your face. | 他和你的脸很相称 |
[40:26] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[40:29] | Traffic. | 堵车 |
[40:39] | … | 我之前想要告诉你 但你病了 |
[40:41] | it didn’t seem like the best time. | 时机不对 |
[40:44] | I’ve been offered a better position. | 我升职了 |
[40:47] | I’d be coordinating cancer awareness | 我现在管理协调3个城市的 |
[40:49] | walks in three cities. | 唤醒抗癌意识竞走活动 |
[40:50] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[40:52] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:54] | I know you’ve worked hard for this. | 我知道你一直在为此努力 |
[40:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:03] | Is Marika okay? | 马瑞卡还好吗 |
[41:06] | I’m sure she’s moved on. | 她已经没事了 |
[41:14] | Kids are so resilient. | 孩子就是这样 一会就没事的 |
[41:35] | You Okay? | 你没事吧 |
[41:37] | I’ll be seeing Danny again next week. | 我下周会再去看看丹尼 |
[41:40] | I’d like you to meet him. | 我想让你也见见他 |
[41:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:44] | Sounds interesting. | 听起来他挺有意思的 |
[41:46] | Go on. | 继续 |
[41:48] | I thought seeing him again would change everything. | 我以为和他见面就能改变一切 |
[41:51] | It’d be wonderful or terrible. Instead… | 结果或许不错 也可能不好 |
[41:53] | But | 但是… |
[41:56] | We’re just strangers. | 我们就像陌生人一样 |
[41:57] | It’s kind of anticlimactic. | 这个结局太虎头蛇尾了 |
[42:02] | Which is better than terrible. | 总不算糟糕 |
[42:09] | Go on. | 继续 |
[42:11] | Does it bother you that we have no social contract? | 我们之间没有社会契约关系 这让你很烦恼吗 |
[42:16] | My whole life is one big compromise. | 我的一生都在妥协折衷 |
[42:18] | I tiptoe around everyone like they’re made of china. | 我小心翼翼的与所有人交往 |
[42:20] | I spend all my time analyzing. | 我总是在分析利弊 |
[42:22] | “What will the effect be if I say this?” | 分析我说出的话带来的影响 |
[42:23] | And then there’s you. | 而你不同 |
[42:24] | You’re a reality junkie. | 你是个现实主义的瘾君子 |
[42:26] | If I offered you a comforting lie, | 如果我对你说些善意的谎言 |
[42:28] | you’d smack me over the head with it. | 你只会竭尽所能反击我 |
[42:30] | Let’s not change that. | 这点还是不改变比较好 |
[42:33] | Okay- | 好的 |
[42:34] | No. See, this… | 不 听着 |
[42:36] | If you were implementing a social contract, you’d say that, | 如果你用正常的社交方式交流 |
[42:41] | but only | 只是为了 |
[42:44] | because it makes me feel better. | 让我觉得舒服些… |
[42:48] | It’s kind of fun watching you torture yourself. | 看你折磨自己真好玩 |
[42:51] | Do you think things will work out with my brother? | 你觉得我和我弟弟会和好吗? |
[42:54] | No. | 不会 |
[42:55] | But when it does go wrong, | 但就算事情往不好的方向发展 |
[42:57] | it won’t be your fault. | 那也不是你的错 |
[43:00] | Thanks, House. | 谢谢 豪斯 |
[43:03] | You do actually like monster trucks? | 你确实喜欢怪物卡车 对吧 |
[43:05] | Absolutely. | 那当然 |