时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Ok, boys and girls. | 好了 姑娘小伙们 |
[00:04] | Guess what kind of animal Wacky Benny is making now? | 猜猜古怪班尼现在要做什么动物了 |
[00:07] | It gets a big head. | 它有一个大头 |
[00:18] | Is it a dead animal? | 是死掉的动物吧 |
[00:22] | I say we put him out of his misery | 我想还是别让他再出丑了 |
[00:23] | and bring out Emma’s cake. | 把艾玛的蛋糕拿出来吧 |
[00:26] | He’s so new to this. | 他也是刚入行不久 |
[00:27] | How’s he gonna learn if we stop his act? | 如果把他轰下台 他怎么能从中受益呢 |
[00:29] | You’re a sucky clown. | 你真是个笨小丑 |
[00:31] | And you’re a super-duper audience. | 你真是个臭屁的观众 |
[00:38] | Hey, that is not okay. | 这样做可不行了 |
[00:40] | Hey, keep your hands off my son. | 别碰我儿子 |
[00:41] | Tell him to keep his hand off me. | 你告诉他先别碰我 |
[00:52] | I can’t move my arm or leg. | 我的四肢动不了了 |
[01:28] | So how does a completely healthy teenager have a mini-stroke? | 一名完全健康的青少年怎么会突然轻微中风呢 |
[01:31] | Head CT and cerebral angiogram are normal. | 脑部CT扫描和脑血管造影的结果均正常 |
[01:34] | Clotting parameters are normal. | 凝血参数也正常 |
[01:36] | You’re forgetting the wrinkly clump in the middle of his shirt. | 你们没看见他衬衣上有一处褶皱 |
[01:40] | Thought we’d diagnose the middle-aged clown first. | 我以为咱们是要先诊断这个中年小丑呢 |
[01:43] | It’s probably from my seat belt. | 估计是安全带勒的 |
[01:45] | Wrinkle pattern’s too varied. | 褶皱的纹理毫无规律 |
[01:46] | It looks like someone shoved you or grabbed you. | 看上去像是被什么人推了或是抓了一下 |
[01:48] | Probably from the diaper bag. | 或者是纸尿裤袋子弄的 |
[01:49] | If the patient’s using drugs, | 如果病人有毒瘾 |
[01:51] | cocaine could have caused an arterial spasm in his brain. | 可卡因可能引起他大脑中的动脉痉挛 |
[01:53] | The tox screen was clean. | 毒性检测显示他没有吸毒 |
[01:54] | I’m gonna say it was the ex-girlfriend you cheated on, | 我猜是被你劈腿的前女友抓的 |
[01:57] | not the ex-wife you cheated with. | 而不是陪你劈腿的前妻 |
[01:59] | If the latter was prone to violence, | 如果后者要对你动手 |
[02:01] | you’d have been scattered in various dumpsters years ago. | 你早就被打得满地找牙了 |
[02:06] | Seriously? | 有没有搞错 |
[02:08] | No one else wants to talk about the patient? | 除了我没人想聊聊病人的情况吗 |
[02:10] | New office furniture. Meaty topic. | 崭新的办公室家具 还是肉色主题 |
[02:14] | What’s the action on the ex-wife? | 前妻的赔率是多少 |
[02:17] | It was Rachel’s boyfriend Phil. | 是瑞秋的男友菲尔干的 |
[02:19] | His company’s moving him back to Portland. | 他的公司把他调回波特兰了 |
[02:20] | He wants me to change my visitation order | 他想让我调整我照看孩子的时间 |
[02:23] | so he can ask Rachel and my daughter to | 好让瑞秋和我女儿 |
[02:25] | move out west with him. | 搬到西边和他一起住 |
[02:26] | Things got a little heated. | 我们越吵越厉害 |
[02:30] | The patient was punched in the groin. | 病人被打中要害 |
[02:32] | Could have triggered a massive sympathetic discharge. | 会不会引起大量交感神经释放冲动 |
[02:35] | Carotid duplex is normal. | 颈动脉超声正常 |
[02:36] | Who’s better qualified to be the Daddy? | 谁更合适当这个父亲呢 |
[02:39] | The guy who spilled a little DNA in her gene pool | 是那个只提供了一半DNA的家伙 |
[02:42] | or the guy who’s gonna be there day and night | 还是日夜守护在她身边 |
[02:43] | to pass on important values | 向她教授类似不要在离婚后 |
[02:45] | like not shtupping Mommy after the divorce? | 把妈妈肚子搞大这类人生道理的家伙呢 |
[02:48] | I am her Daddy. | 我才是她的父亲 |
[02:49] | She’s staying here. | 她必须留在这 |
[02:51] | House has a point. | 豪斯说得有道理 |
[02:53] | A couple nights a week with each kid may make you feel better. | 每周轮着陪孩子 能让你感觉好受些 |
[02:56] | Doesn’t replace two ’round-the-clock parents. | 但取代不了时时刻刻陪伴在旁的父母啊 |
[02:57] | ‘Round-the-clock or not, | 不管是不是时刻在一起 |
[02:58] | parenting’s an impossible job. | 为人父母都是项无法完成的工作 |
[03:00] | No way not to mess it up. | 反正都会搞砸的 |
[03:02] | Why shouldn’t Taub be the one to do it? | 陶博干嘛不去趟这浑水呢 |
[03:04] | – Thank you. – Makes sense. | -谢谢你 -有道理 |
[03:06] | Park’s tiger Mom and Dad were so insufferable. | 朴克的虎妈狼爸着实让人难以忍受 |
[03:09] | She has to measure their affection in hours. | 她得用小时计算父母的爱 |
[03:11] | Chase’s careerist dad and alcoholic mom were so indifferent. | 奇斯那只顾事业的父亲和酗酒的母亲也一样 |
[03:14] | He has to believe it’s a wash. | 只会让他相信父母都靠不住 |
[03:16] | Your turn. | 到你了 |
[03:17] | What did your screwed-up parents do | 你不负责任的双亲是怎么 |
[03:18] | to screw up your view of parenting? | 扭曲你对为人父母的看法的 |
[03:21] | They were good parents. | 他们是负责任的好父母 |
[03:23] | That’s an oxymoron. | 这是矛盾的 |
[03:24] | Chase is right. | 奇斯说的对 |
[03:25] | All parents screw up all children. | 所有父母都会毁了自己的孩子 |
[03:27] | He’s also dreamy, but it’s not relevant now. | 他现在还在走神 但这就没关系了 |
[03:30] | So all parents screw up all children, | 这么说所有父母都在毁掉自己的孩子 |
[03:31] | but it makes some huge difference | 但在我自己抚养女儿和让她离开之间 |
[03:33] | if I keep my daughter here or let her move? | 就有天壤之别了吗 |
[03:35] | Endocarditis. | 心内膜炎 |
[03:37] | Flipped a piece of vegetation into his brain, | 他大脑中有一片赘生物 |
[03:38] | which could have broken up before the angiogram. | 有可能在血管造影前就破碎了 |
[03:41] | Transesophageal echo to confirm. | 用经食道心脏超声来确认一下 |
[03:44] | Screwed up is your best case. | 你最好还是放她走 |
[03:46] | Bouncing between a philandering workaholic Dad | 夹在风情万种的工作狂父亲 |
[03:48] | and an embittered, sexually betrayed Mom, | 和被劈腿后十分痛苦的母亲中间 |
[03:51] | it’s gonna lead to screwed-up squared. | 她会让你俩成为糟糕父母的领军人物 |
[03:56] | Is endocarditis treatable? | 心内膜炎可以治愈吗 |
[03:58] | Very. | 没问题 |
[03:58] | The echo will show us any growths on his heart valve. | 用超声能看出他心脏瓣膜上是否长有异物 |
[04:01] | Most likely meds will be enough. | 一般情况下吃吃药就可以了 |
[04:03] | He won’t even need surgery. | 都不用动手术 |
[04:04] | He’s just taken up performing | 他的表演事业才刚起步 |
[04:06] | and it’s very stressful for him. | 他现在压力挺大的 |
[04:08] | Could that have caused this? | 会不会是这个原因 |
[04:10] | It’s not stressful. I have fun. | 没什么压力 我很开心 |
[04:12] | Stress wouldn’t be relevant, | 压力可能没什么关系 |
[04:13] | but anything that increases his adrenalin | 但能引起他肾上腺素升高的因素 |
[04:15] | could have made it worse. | 倒是会让他的情况更糟 |
[04:17] | Maybe we find you a new hobby, | 也许我们能给你找一个新爱好 |
[04:19] | one you’re a little better at. | 你更擅长的爱好 |
[04:21] | I’m gonna get better at it, and it’s not a hobby. | 我会越演越好的 而且那不只是个爱好 |
[04:24] | I-I think I want to get a job working as a circus clown, | 我想到马戏团去当职业小丑 |
[04:28] | making people laugh. | 为别人带来欢乐 |
[04:32] | Ben, I-I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 本 我想这可不是个好主意 |
[04:35] | It was good enough for my Dad. | 我爸就会认为这挺好的 |
[04:38] | You’re a, uh– | 你是… |
[04:39] | No, his biological father. | 不是他 他是指他的生父 |
[04:42] | Could his Dad’s melanoma be a factor here? | 他的病会不会跟他生父的黑色素瘤有关呢 |
[04:44] | That wouldn’t be related. | 应该也没关系 |
[04:46] | Ben, you barely knew him. | 本 你根本不了解他 |
[04:48] | You’re such a smart kid. | 你是个很聪明的孩子 |
[04:50] | You could aim a lot higher | 你的志向可以更远大一些 |
[04:51] | than face paint and seltzer bottles. | 而不是在脸上涂油彩 扔水瓶子 |
[04:57] | I need treatment for my type 2 diabetes. | 我需要治疗我的二型糖尿病 |
[05:01] | There is absolutely no part of that sentence that is true. | 你刚才那句话没有一点是真的 |
[05:04] | I’ve been experiencing weight gain, fatigue, | 我的体重在增加 时常感到疲劳 |
[05:06] | and sluggishness. | 还爱发呆 |
[05:07] | Weight loss is a symptom of diabetes. | 体重下降才是糖尿病的症状 |
[05:10] | Fatigue is a symptom | 疲劳是因为 |
[05:11] | of thinking you have a disease you don’t actually have, | 你总以为自己得了你没有得的病 |
[05:13] | and sluggishness is a synonym of fatigue. | 而发呆是由疲劳引起的 |
[05:16] | I need insulin. I know it. | 我需要注射胰岛素 我知道的 |
[05:18] | Much as I’d like to kill you | 虽然我特别想把你血糖 |
[05:19] | by dangerously lowering your blood sugar, | 降到危险值 杀了你 |
[05:21] | murder violates my parole. | 但谋杀会让我失去假释 |
[05:23] | That bloodwork is week’s old. | 这血检结果是一周前的 |
[05:25] | Test me again. | 再给我检测一下 |
[05:26] | I am the test. The test is negative. | 我就是血检 结果就是你没有糖尿病 |
[05:29] | The test also thinks you’re a giant pain in the ass. | 结果还说你是个讨厌鬼 |
[05:34] | That last insult was your cue to leave. | 最后这句骂你的话是告诉你该离开了 |
[05:39] | Test me. | 给我做血检 |
[05:41] | Fine. Wait right here. | 好吧 在这等着 |
[05:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:49] | Sleep study. | 睡眠研究 |
[05:50] | Please make sure he’s not disturbed for the next eight hours. | 请保证他在接下来的八个小时内不受打扰 |
[05:54] | We need to talk about Saturday night. | 我们得谈谈周六晚上的事 |
[05:56] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不行 不行 不行 |
[05:59] | Historians will talk of Saturday night, not us. | 历史学家才要谈周六晚上的事呢 不是我们 |
[06:02] | The legendary night on | 在那个传奇之夜 |
[06:03] | which we watch Santos shatter Rubio’s jaw | 我们将看桑托斯打碎卢比奥的下巴 |
[06:06] | and you epically pay me $50. | 你还会输给我意义重大的五十块 |
[06:08] | I have a chance to really watch it. | 我有个机会能去现场看 |
[06:10] | A patient of mine has a pair of tickets he can’t use, | 我的一位病人有两张票 他自己用不成 |
[06:13] | and obviously you’re under house and office arrest. | 而你只能待在家里或是办公室里 |
[06:17] | I just wanted to make sure you were cool | 我只是想确认下你不会介意 |
[06:20] | if I go to Atlantic city without you. | 我独自去大西洋城 |
[06:21] | Uh, no, thanks. | 不介意 谢啦 |
[06:23] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to decline | 恐怕我得拒绝 |
[06:25] | your invitation to not spend Saturday night with you. | 你要我别和你共度周六夜晚的邀请了 |
[06:28] | These are ringside seats. | 座位可就在拳击台底下 |
[06:30] | Cameras are ringside too. | 摄像机也在拳击台底下 |
[06:32] | If you want, I could sweat and spit | 如果你愿意 我也可以把汗 口水还有血 |
[06:34] | and bleed on you from time to time. | 时不时的往你身上洒 |
[06:36] | I’d take you if I could. | 如果可以 我一定带你去 |
[06:38] | Well, I’d take me if either of us could. | 只要咱俩中有人能去 我就会去 |
[06:40] | See what a tough spot I’m in? | 我还真是处于两难的境地啊 |
[06:42] | I’m going to that fight. | 我要去看那场比赛 |
[06:46] | All right, I’ll take the other ticket. | 好吧 另一张票给我 |
[06:49] | Let me worry about logistics. | 让我来操心怎么去的问题 |
[07:01] | Patient’s heart valves are normal. | 病人的心脏瓣膜正常 |
[07:02] | It’s not endocarditis. | 不是心内膜炎 |
[07:04] | But he has a thickened pericardium, which makes no sense. | 但他心包膜增厚 说不通啊 |
[07:06] | He has a heart problem | 他心脏有问题 |
[07:08] | but not one that could have caused his T.I.A. | 但却不是导致短暂性脑缺血发作的原因 |
[07:10] | Syphilitic vasculitis would explain the T.I.A. | 梅毒性血管炎可能导致短暂性脑缺血发作 |
[07:12] | and the pericardial inflammation. | 和心包膜炎 |
[07:14] | Syph test was negative. | 梅毒测试呈阴性 |
[07:15] | Plus, the kid’s never been sexually active. | 此外 这个孩子从来没有过性行为 |
[07:17] | Yeah, I got that from the line in his chart | 这个 我从他的病例 |
[07:19] | that says “Birthday clown.” | “生日小丑”那一栏就知道了 |
[07:20] | His late father was a circus clown. | 他的生父是马戏团小丑 |
[07:22] | Histoplasmosis? | 组织胞浆菌病 |
[07:23] | He’s not immuno-compromised. | 他没有免疫系统缺陷 |
[07:25] | And I assume you added that irrelevant tidbit | 我想你将这无关紧要的一点提出来 |
[07:27] | because you’re moved by the son’s idiotic tribute | 是因为他对父亲盲目的敬意打动了你 |
[07:29] | and think it justifies keeping your daughter in New Jersey. | 觉得你也理应把女儿留在新泽西 |
[07:31] | What if he has a heightened immune system? | 如果他免疫系统过于活跃呢 |
[07:33] | I mentioned it because… | 我提到这一点是因为 |
[07:38] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 不着急 |
[07:40] | We’ll continue with the medicine. | 我们先继续讨论医学 |
[07:41] | Sjogren’s could have given him chronic pericarditis | 干燥综合症可能导致慢性心包炎 |
[07:43] | and cerebral arteritis. | 及脑动脉炎 |
[07:44] | Sjogren’s it is. | 就是干燥综合症 |
[07:46] | IV immunosuppressants to treat. | 用静脉注射免疫抑制剂进行治疗 |
[07:49] | Anything? | 有要补充的吗 |
[07:53] | This will calm your immune system. | 这会使你的免疫系统恢复正常 |
[07:55] | Should be out of here within the week. | 这周内你就可以出院了 |
[07:58] | My mom will be happy to hear that. | 我妈妈听到了一定很高兴 |
[08:00] | I’ve got an internship that starts in three weeks. | 我得到个实习机会 三周后开始 |
[08:03] | I take it it’s not at a place with a big top. | 我想应该不是在马戏团吧 |
[08:07] | It’s at my stepdad’s law office. | 是在我继父的律师事务所 |
[08:11] | I know I’m not any good at being a clown yet, | 我知道我还不擅长扮演小丑 |
[08:14] | but when I do get a laugh | 但当我听到他们的笑声 |
[08:17] | and see those kids’ eyes light up, | 看到孩子们眼里闪着喜悦 我很开心 |
[08:20] | that’s how my Dad made me feel when I was a kid. | 我还是孩子时 爸爸给我的就是这种感觉 |
[08:24] | You need to hang on to that. | 你得坚持这一点 |
[08:28] | My mom says he was a loving father | 我妈妈说他是个很有爱心的父亲 |
[08:31] | but always broke and always on the road. | 但一直很穷 到处进行表演 |
[08:36] | It’s just a stupid way to make a living. | 这样维持生计太傻了 |
[08:39] | You’re 16. Plenty of time to make money. | 你才十六岁 有大把的时间可以去赚钱 |
[08:44] | Wanting to build a connection with your dad | 想和你的父亲建立心灵的联系 |
[08:47] | and pass on some of the joy that he gave you, | 将他带给你的快乐传递下去 |
[08:50] | that’s not stupid at all. | 这想法一点都不傻 |
[08:54] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[09:03] | Is, uh, is this because of the medication? | 这 这是药物治疗导致的吗 |
[09:06] | Is it normal? | 这正常吗 |
[09:13] | It’s not normal, and it’s not Sjogren’s. | 不正常 不是干燥综合症 |
[09:23] | T.I.A., thickened pericardium, | 短暂性脑缺血发作 心包膜增厚 |
[09:25] | and now he’s bleeding from his nose and mouth. | 现在他的鼻子和嘴巴都在流血 |
[09:30] | What are you doing with her? | 你抱着她干什么 |
[09:32] | “Her”? | 她 |
[09:35] | Surely this bundle of fun has an actual name. | 话说这个小开心果有名字吧 |
[09:40] | It’s Sophie. | 这是苏菲 |
[09:44] | Both your kids are named– | 你的两个孩子都叫 |
[09:44] | She’s Sophie. The other one’s Sophia. | 她是苏菲 另外一个是苏菲娅 |
[09:47] | It’s different enough. | 差别很大的 |
[09:49] | They actually have two completely different derivations. | 它们确实有两个截然不同的衍生词 |
[09:52] | No, they don’t. | 实际上没有 |
[09:55] | I wasn’t in a strong negotiating position. | 我现在没有心情争论 |
[09:58] | Why is she here? | 她怎么在这里 |
[09:59] | Ruby dropped her off. | 露比带她来的 |
[10:00] | Seemed pretty upset. | 她看起来有些担心 |
[10:01] | Apparently someone forgot that it was Daddy’s night. | 显然有人忘记了今晚轮到爸爸带孩子 |
[10:04] | She wasn’t even gonna leave her | 直到我说我会让你早点下班 |
[10:05] | until I said that I was letting you off early. | 她才肯把孩子放这里 |
[10:07] | Damn it. I just started back on the team. | 妈的 我才回到团队 |
[10:09] | My schedule’s a mess. | 我的日程安排一团乱 |
[10:11] | If your own kids are a scheduling item, | 如果你的孩子们也是原因之一 |
[10:12] | maybe you should let one of them move. | 你或许该让其中之一离开 |
[10:14] | Patient has low platelets. | 病人血小板数量很低 |
[10:16] | makes me think D.I.C. | 我觉得可能是弥散性血管内凝血 |
[10:18] | She doesn’t seem to like that idea. | 看来她不赞成啊 |
[10:20] | You’re right. | 你说的对哦 |
[10:22] | He has no schistocytes in his smear. | 他的血液涂片中没有裂红细胞 |
[10:25] | He also has a low red count. | 他的红细胞数也很低 |
[10:26] | What if it’s a retroperitoneal bleed? | 会不会是腹膜后出血 |
[10:29] | No Grey-Turner’s sign. | 胁腹部并没出现血斑 |
[10:30] | She wasn’t fussing like that when I was holding her. | 她没有我抱她的时候开心哦 |
[10:32] | Maybe she likes the sound of my voice, | 可能她喜欢我的声音 |
[10:34] | which is weird because I have no genetic connection to her. | 好奇怪啊 我和她没有血缘关系啊 |
[10:39] | Could it be she doesn’t know the difference? | 难道她分不清谁是亲生父亲 |
[10:43] | So many children of your own. | 你果然是孩子太多了 |
[10:44] | No wonder you have such insight | 难怪对我和我宝宝的关系 |
[10:46] | into my relationship with my babies. | 有如此深刻的见解 |
[10:47] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[10:48] | How could I comprehend that | 我怎么能理解你呢 |
[10:49] | you’re too despised to keep them from having the same name, | 可悲的给她们起一样的名字 |
[10:52] | too overwhelmed to remember your own calendar, | 压力太大记不住自己的日程 |
[10:54] | and too vain to admit that at this stage, | 都到这个地步了 还死要面子不承认 |
[10:56] | you don’t matter to either baby. | 你对两个孩子来说都无关紧要 |
[10:59] | Low white count suggests infection. | 白细胞数量低意味着感染 |
[11:03] | What if you’re all right? | 如果你们都说对了呢 |
[11:04] | Low platelets plus low red count plus low white count equals– | 血小板低加上红细胞低加上白细胞低等于 |
[11:07] | Aplastic anemia. | 再生障碍性贫血 |
[11:09] | Kid needs a bone marrow transplant. | 这孩子需要骨髓移植 |
[11:11] | Everyone except Adams, | 除了亚当斯外 其他人 |
[11:14] | transfuse his platelets till you find a match. | 给他输入血小板 直到找到匹配的骨髓 |
[11:23] | You started college a semester late | 你上大学比别人晚了一个学期 |
[11:27] | because you left high school a semester late | 因为你高中毕业晚了一个学期 |
[11:29] | because you had five incompletes in your junior year. | 因为高三时 你有五门不合格 |
[11:34] | And you’re offering one bad semester | 你想以我一个学期的不佳表现 |
[11:36] | as proof that my parents screwed me up? | 来证明我父母毁了我吗 |
[11:37] | Did OK before that. Straight As after that. | 在那之前学习马马虎虎 之后一直是优 |
[11:40] | I went through a rebellious phase. | 我那时处于叛逆期 |
[11:41] | Don’t tell me. | 不说我都知道 |
[11:42] | Mom and Dad were at each other’s throats | 妈妈和爸爸吵得面红耳赤 |
[11:45] | and the academic crisis was a cry for help. | 你以一塌糊涂的成绩来引起关注 |
[11:51] | Sorry to mess with your world view, | 抱歉毁了你的世界观 |
[11:53] | but I’m not messed up. | 但我活得很好 |
[11:54] | So my parents couldn’t have messed me up. | 我父母没有毁了我 |
[11:58] | Mom’s HLA is only a 3/6 match. | 母亲的白细胞抗原只有3/6匹配 |
[12:01] | Maternal grandmother’s worse than that. | 祖母的匹配情况更糟糕 |
[12:03] | Where did you unload the baby? | 你把孩子安置在哪里了 |
[12:04] | Maternity ward. Shut up. | 产科病房 闭嘴 |
[12:06] | You realize you’re making House’s argument for him. | 你应该意识到你正在印证豪斯的观点 |
[12:09] | The part where he said any parent who uses day care | 你是指请日托照顾孩子的家长 |
[12:12] | should ship their child across the country? | 该将孩子送到大陆另一边吗 |
[12:13] | No, the part where he said that baby doesn’t need you. | 不 是他说孩子不需要你的那部分 |
[12:15] | You’ve only got her a couple days a week | 你每周只有一两天有权带孩子 |
[12:18] | and most of that’s spent with a rotating cast of nurses. | 而此期间绝大多时间孩子都和护士在一起 |
[12:19] | That’s how Daddy likes to spend his time too. | 所以她老爸也喜欢围着护士转 |
[12:21] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[12:22] | First cousin’s also a whiff. | 直系堂兄也不匹配 |
[12:24] | So much for genetics mattering. | 亲属的测试结果都没戏 |
[12:26] | I’ll try the marrow registry. | 我试试看骨髓登记库 |
[12:31] | Dr. Park is searching the registry. | 朴克医生正在查找骨髓库 |
[12:32] | Transfusing his platelets | 在等待期间给他注射血小板 |
[12:34] | will keep him healthy while we wait. | 会帮他保持健康 |
[12:35] | Are you sure there’s no one on the father’s side of the family? | 你确定父亲那边没有人了吗 |
[12:37] | If one of them’s a match, that’d speed things up a lot. | 如果有人匹配的话 事情就会顺利很多 |
[12:41] | His parents died young. | 他父母早逝 |
[12:42] | He was an only child. | 他是独子 |
[12:44] | There’s no living relatives that I know of. | 就我所知没有亲人在世 |
[12:46] | Something will turn up soon. | 很快会有对策的 |
[12:47] | How soon is soon? Will he miss a lot of school? | 很快是多快 他会落掉很多课程吗 |
[12:49] | I’m actually thinking of just getting my GED. | 实际上我在想拿到高中毕业证就好了 |
[12:53] | How do you expect to get into a good college? | 那你凭什么上所好的大学呢 |
[12:55] | I’m gonna take classes on magic and juggling | 我会学习魔术和变戏法 |
[12:58] | and try to make a go of this. | 试着有所发展 |
[12:59] | Ben, you keep your grades up, | 本 只要你成绩好 |
[13:00] | you can do anything in the world. | 想干什么工作都可以 |
[13:02] | Like what? Work in some boring office? | 比如说 当无聊的办公室白领吗 |
[13:05] | I mean, do you think my father | 你认为我生父 |
[13:06] | would have done that for ten minutes? | 会在这种工作上浪费时间吗 |
[13:08] | You don’t remember your father. You don’t know… | 你不记得你父亲 你不知道 |
[13:10] | I want to build a connection with him, | 我想和他建立心灵上的联系 |
[13:12] | pass on some of the…the joy that he gave me. | 将他给我带来的快乐传递下去 |
[13:19] | My, uh, my back hurts. | 我的背 好痛 |
[13:25] | His BP is dropping. | 他的血压在下降 |
[13:27] | We think we’ve dealt with all the liability issues. | 我们认为负债问题应该都解决了 |
[13:33] | I’m in a meeting. | 我在开会 |
[13:35] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:36] | Since you paged me, I didn’t want to keep you waiting. | 因为你呼叫了我 我不想让你久等 |
[13:39] | Yeah, I paged you, which means you’re next. | 我是呼叫了你 接下来就和你谈 |
[13:41] | That’s cool. I’ll wait. | 没问题 我等着 |
[13:44] | That’s a good start. | 是个不错的开始 |
[13:45] | Let’s go through it point by point. | 我们逐条分析 |
[13:48] | First up… | 首先 |
[13:54] | I’ll call you back. | 我再打给你们 |
[13:57] | Just got this. | 这是刚收到的 |
[14:00] | The American Associate of Rheumatology | 美国风湿病协会 |
[14:02] | wants you to speak, 9:00, Saturday, in Atlantic City. | 想让你周六九点在大西洋城做个演讲 |
[14:06] | Dr. Neusinger canceled on them at the last minute. | 纽辛格医生最后时刻放了他们鸽子 |
[14:10] | I hate conferences. | 我讨厌开会 |
[14:13] | This is a big one, and it’s the premium slot. | 这次会议很隆重 而且又是黄金档的演讲 |
[14:17] | I’d like you to do it. | 我想让你去 |
[14:18] | I’ll clear it with your parole officer. | 我会和你的假释官说明的 |
[14:21] | What do I need to do for you? | 我要怎么回报你呢 |
[14:26] | Halve the clinic hours that you recently doubled | 把我加倍的门诊时间减回去 |
[14:29] | and double the hooker budget that you recently halved. | 把我减半的预算加回来 |
[14:34] | I think you refer to it as petty cash. | 正如你所言 都是些小钱罢了 |
[14:38] | Fine. | 好的 |
[14:42] | Just one thing. | 只是有一点 |
[14:43] | I’m gonna ask them to put you on in the morning. | 我会让他们把你的演讲安排在上午 |
[14:45] | We’re doing them a favor. | 算是助人为乐吧 |
[14:47] | Why should you have to spend the night? | 你何必在那里过夜呢 |
[14:49] | You said that 9:00 was the premium slot. | 你说黄金档应该是晚上九点吧 |
[14:52] | I mean, I want to feel like I’ve earned my hookers. | 我的意思是 我干活总得干到位吧 |
[14:54] | The place’ll be a madhouse, | 到时候那地方会很混乱的 |
[14:56] | especially since it’s two miles | 特别是因为 |
[14:58] | from the Rubio Fight at the exact same time. | 那里离同时进行的卢比奥拳击赛只有两英里 |
[15:02] | Nice try. | 计划不错 |
[15:03] | You called up, pretended to be Neusinger, cancelled, | 你冒充纽辛格打电话去取消演讲 |
[15:06] | and suggested yourself as a replacement. | 然后又推荐你自己当候补 |
[15:08] | You go to that fight, you go to prison. | 你去看比赛 就得进监狱 |
[15:10] | But that’d be redundant, | 进监狱真是多此一举 |
[15:11] | when I have an angry black guy | 在这里就有个愤怒的黑人 |
[15:13] | waiting for me to drop the soap right here. | 伺机想要爆我菊花 |
[15:15] | Better go do some of those clinic hours I recently doubled. | 你还是快去做那些加倍的门诊吧 |
[15:24] | Test my urine. | 给我做尿检 |
[15:27] | Looks like I was wrong about my diagnosis. | 看来我的诊断有误 |
[15:29] | Yeah. I have diabetes. | 是的 我得了糖尿病 |
[15:30] | No, but you’re not a hypochondriac. | 不是糖尿病 但你也没得忧郁症 |
[15:33] | Or you would have imagined some new disease | 否则在我否定糖尿病之后 |
[15:35] | after I shot down the first one. | 你又会想象出新的疾病 |
[15:37] | So whose urine is that? | 这是谁的尿样 |
[15:38] | Diabetic girlfriend without health insurance? | 是你得糖尿病但没医疗保险的女朋友的 |
[15:40] | It’s not a scam. I’m sick. | 我没骗你 我是病了 |
[15:43] | Now I have swollen ankles. | 我现在脚踝都肿了 |
[15:44] | The medical term is cankles. | 医学上这叫脚踝赘肉 |
[15:46] | Is there some black market in insulin | 是不是有哪个我不知道的 |
[15:48] | that I don’t know about? | 贩卖胰岛素的黑市 |
[15:49] | It’s in my genes. | 我这病是遗传的 |
[15:50] | My old man got diabetes at 50. | 我老爸五十岁时得了糖尿病 |
[15:52] | My older brother got it at 50. | 我老哥也是在五十岁时发病的 |
[15:54] | I just turned 50. | 我刚好满五十 |
[15:55] | Well, it’s a great argument if diabetes was a gold watch. | 别把糖尿病说得像块传家宝似的 |
[15:58] | I got sciatica, like my dad. | 和我父亲一样 我也有坐骨神经痛 |
[16:00] | Class-four hemorrhoids, like him. | 还有IV度痔疮 |
[16:02] | I need to get a jump on this thing. | 我得未雨绸缪 |
[16:07] | We had to stop the transfusion. | 我们不得不中止输血 |
[16:09] | Patient’s having an allergic reaction to donor platelets. | 病人对捐献者的血小板过敏 |
[16:11] | No one in mom’s family’s a match, | 母亲这边的亲属配型都不符 |
[16:12] | and as far as she knows, Dad has no living relatives. | 据她所知 父亲那边没有健在的亲属 |
[16:14] | It’s been years since he died. | 他死了好几年了 |
[16:23] | If the kid’s Dad died young of melanoma, | 如果孩子他爸死于黑色素瘤 |
[16:28] | how come the overprotective mom | 像她这样一个保护欲过强的母亲 |
[16:30] | never took him to a dermatologist? | 怎么会不带儿子去看皮肤科呢 |
[16:31] | Are you gonna test my urine or what? | 你还给不给我做尿检了 |
[16:47] | Not diabetes. | 不是糖尿病 |
[16:50] | Use cross-matched platelets. | 对血小板进行交叉配血 |
[16:52] | Try to find the patient some blood that’s closer to his own. | 找些与他自身相近的血液给他输 |
[16:54] | And get the real story on clown, senior’s death. | 还要问清楚小丑一世的真实死因 |
[16:57] | Mom’s hiding something. | 孩子他妈有所隐藏 |
[16:58] | It’s a good bet that it’s medically relevant. | 很可能是和病因有关的信息 |
[17:03] | Apple juice. | 苹果汁 |
[17:04] | Easiest way to fake a spike in blood sugar. | 简简单单升血糖 |
[17:11] | His family history of melanoma | 患黑色素瘤的家族史 |
[17:13] | may have affected his cellular outlook. | 可能会改变他的细胞形态 |
[17:17] | If we had more data on | 除非我们能获知 |
[17:18] | the exact type of melanoma his father had. | 他父亲患的是哪种黑色素瘤 |
[17:21] | Otherwise, we might not be able to find a marrow match. | 否则 我们很难找到相符的骨髓配型 |
[17:26] | He never had melanoma. | 他没有得黑色素瘤 |
[17:29] | How did he die? | 那他怎么死的 |
[17:32] | He didn’t. | 他没死 |
[17:37] | He lives in Pennsauken under a different name, | 他住在彭索金 换了个名字 |
[17:41] | Mitchell Gordon. | 现在叫米歇尔·戈登 |
[17:42] | How could you keep this from me? From Ben? | 这事你怎么能瞒着我 瞒着本 |
[17:48] | He really needs to know | 难道真的要让他知道 |
[17:50] | his Dad just breezed in and out of his life, | 他父亲只是他人生中一个过客 |
[17:52] | drunk and incoherent? | 一直烂醉如泥而不负责任 |
[17:54] | It’s better to think the man’s dead but decent. | 我宁可让他对父亲抱有美好的回忆 |
[18:06] | You realize I have to invite someone else to the Rubio Fight? | 你知道我得邀请别人去看卢比奥拳击赛 |
[18:09] | Nope. No realization whatsoever. | 不行 我才不管呢 |
[18:12] | You have a Lojack on your leg. | 你脚上还绑着个追踪器呢 |
[18:14] | I was happy watching the fight on pay-per-view. | 在付费电视上看比赛我很满足了 |
[18:16] | You’re the one who insisted we go to Atlantic City. | 是你坚持要去大西洋城的 |
[18:31] | Your biological father was a decent, god-fearing minister. | 你的生父是个规规矩矩的牧师 |
[18:35] | The guy who raised you was a cold-hearted jerk. | 你的养父是个铁石心肠的混蛋 |
[18:37] | I’m trying to figure out why you’re so convinced | 我在揣测你为什么吃准了 |
[18:39] | Adams has parentally inflicted damage. | 亚当斯肯定受过父母的伤害 |
[18:42] | You’re trying to deflect. | 你在转移话题 |
[18:44] | Now you are. | 转移话题的是你 |
[18:45] | You have to believe that every parent screws up every child. | 你强迫自己认为父母都会毁了他们的孩子 |
[18:48] | Or you were screwed out of a decent childhood. | 不然你就要承认你自己毁了美好的童年 |
[18:51] | My decent Daddy of the cloth | 我规规矩矩的牧师老爸 |
[18:53] | was also being indecent with my married Mom. | 找我的已婚老妈干些见不得人的勾当 |
[18:56] | He probably would have taken other kids to the playground. | 他很可能还有别的孩子要带去游乐场 |
[19:02] | It’s not my fault. Bad parenting. | 不是我的错 我家教不好 |
[19:15] | Mitchell Gordon? | 米歇尔·戈登 |
[19:17] | I’ve already got a religion. Go away. | 我已经信教了 你们走吧 |
[19:19] | We’re doctors. | 我们是医生 |
[19:21] | Your son Ben is in the hospital, at Princeton-Plainsboro. | 你儿子本住院了 普林斯顿普雷斯波罗教学医院 |
[19:24] | He’s very sick. | 他病得很重 |
[19:28] | Yeah, well, I don’t have a son. Not anymore. | 我没有儿子 现在没有了 |
[19:31] | We know there are some issues there, | 我们知道其中有些过结 |
[19:33] | but your bone marrow could cure him. | 但你的骨髓很可能能救他 |
[19:36] | There’s a hospital two miles from here. | 离这两英里有家医院 |
[19:37] | It’s a simple test. | 只需做个简单的检查 |
[19:39] | You said he was at Princeton-Plainsboro? | 你说他在普林斯顿普雷斯波罗教学医院 |
[19:41] | His mother feels it’s better | 他母亲认为在不同的医院 |
[19:44] | to do the test at a different hospital. | 做检查比较好 |
[19:46] | Well, I guess I don’t have a son anymore. | 我就当没这个儿子吧 |
[19:52] | House isn’t gonna give up. | 豪斯是不会放弃的 |
[19:54] | Just tell him about your parents or make up a lie. | 你就和他说说你父母吧 要么说个谎 |
[19:57] | I don’t want to lie. | 我不想说谎 |
[19:59] | I don’t want to validate his ridiculous theory. | 我不想证实他那个可笑的理论 |
[20:02] | It’s not ridiculous. | 一点不可笑啊 |
[20:03] | Even the best-intentioned parents end up damaging their kids. | 即使完全出于善意 父母还是会伤害到子女 |
[20:06] | You’re a smart, successful doctor. | 你是个聪明成功的医生 |
[20:09] | How much damage could you have? | 你哪里受到伤害了啊 |
[20:14] | Know how I got interested in medicine? | 你知道我怎么会对医学感兴趣的吗 |
[20:17] | When my mother drank, she couldn’t handle me, | 我母亲喝醉的时候 没法照顾我 |
[20:19] | so she locked me in my father’s study. | 就把我锁在父亲的书房里 |
[20:22] | Only so many hours you can cry and bang on the door | 我哭喊着 撞门 但无济于事 |
[20:25] | before you give up, find something to read. | 几个小时后 我放弃了 找了些书来读 |
[20:28] | We all have family dysfunction. | 我们的家庭在某方面都有缺陷 |
[20:31] | That’s why we’re successful. | 这就是我们成功的原因 |
[20:33] | To fill that hole. | 为了弥补那个缺陷 |
[20:38] | My parents have a lot of money, | 我父母有很多钱 |
[20:42] | but they didn’t make it legally. | 但不是合法赚来的 |
[20:46] | White-collar crime? | 白领犯罪吗 |
[20:48] | It started with card games. | 是从纸牌游戏开始的 |
[20:50] | High-stakes poker. | 高赌注的扑克 |
[20:52] | Then my dad got into narcotics, | 后来我爸爸开始接触麻醉毒品 |
[20:55] | at first just selling but then using too, | 起初只是卖 后来自己也开始用 |
[21:01] | or he never would have gotten into the slave trade. | 不然他也绝不会卷入贩卖奴隶的买卖 |
[21:03] | Children mostly. Easier to pack in small crates. | 大部分是孩子 很容易塞进小箱子里 |
[21:07] | Plus the shipping’s a lot cheaper. | 而且运费要便宜得多 |
[21:12] | Won’t even trust a co-worker. | 连同事你都不信任 |
[21:15] | What did your parents do to you? | 你父母到底对你做了什么 |
[21:22] | You have to go see him yourself. | 你得亲自去见他了 |
[21:23] | He wouldn’t even come to the door a second time. | 他都不愿意开第二次门 |
[21:27] | Okay. I’ll drive over there. | 好吧 我开车去一趟 |
[21:41] | It’s a pleural effusion. | 是胸腔积液 |
[21:42] | He had a bleeding problem earlier. | 他之前有过出血问题 |
[21:44] | Must be bleeding into his lungs. | 一定是血液流进了肺 |
[22:02] | Except there’s no blood. | 但是没有血 |
[22:04] | What does that mean? | 这说明了什么 |
[22:05] | It means you don’t have to make that drive. | 说明你不用去了 |
[22:06] | The problem isn’t his marrow. | 不是骨髓的问题 |
[22:08] | It’s his liver. | 是肝脏 |
[22:15] | Liver failure. Explains everything. | 肝功能衰竭 解释了所有症状 |
[22:17] | The question is, what explains the liver failure? | 问题是 什么才能解释肝功能衰竭 |
[22:20] | It’s not an infection. | 不是感染 |
[22:21] | We tried antibiotics, but he’s not responding. | 我们用了抗生素 但是他没有反应 |
[22:23] | More curiously, what explains the mom | 我很好奇 他妈妈为什么要 |
[22:25] | lying about dad pushing up squirting daisies? | 撒谎说他爸已经入土了 |
[22:29] | This is how you plan to get to the boxing game? | 这就是你打算去看拳击游戏的计划吗 |
[22:35] | Why are you looking at her? | 你没什么看她 |
[22:36] | ‘Cause I’m stunned, and I have to look at something. | 因为我震惊了 我总得看点什么 |
[22:40] | Match, bout, fight, contest, day, Helena. | 比赛 回合赛 争霸赛 竞赛 大赛 海伦娜 |
[22:46] | Almost anything works after “Boxing,” | 几乎所有的词都能放在”拳击”后面 |
[22:48] | except the word “Game.” | 除了”游戏” |
[22:50] | Your bigger problem is, | 你更大的问题在于 |
[22:51] | people who design those things aren’t idiots. | 设计那玩意的人不是傻子 |
[22:55] | Can you believe she used to work in the can? | 你能相信她以前是在监狱工作的吗 |
[22:58] | Nothing is tamper-proof. | 没有东西是无坚不摧的 |
[22:59] | It’s a synthetic problem. | 是蛋白质合成的问题 |
[23:00] | His liver’s not synthesizing proteins, | 他的肝脏无法合成蛋白质 |
[23:02] | so fluid is leaking out of his blood vessels. | 导致体液渗漏出了血管 |
[23:04] | And mom’s a selfish jerk. | 还有 他妈妈就是个自私的混蛋 |
[23:05] | She traded up, married a lawyer, | 她另攀高枝 嫁了律师 |
[23:07] | wants to forget the lowly circus clown. | 想忘掉那个低贱的马戏团小丑 |
[23:10] | You’re defending the father because you feel like a jerk | 你为父亲辩护是因为你觉得自己就是个混蛋 |
[23:12] | for baking buns in two different ovens. | 因为你在两个烤箱里烤面包 |
[23:14] | You want to believe the mythical biological connection | 你想要相信那虚无缥缈的生理联系 |
[23:17] | excuses being a man slut. | 为你出轨找借口 |
[23:20] | I don’t know why I’m starting to doubt your expertise. | 不知怎的我开始质疑你的专业水准了 |
[23:22] | You do have a classified ad | 你的确登了个分类广告 |
[23:23] | and a piece of metal. | 现在手里还有一根铁棒子 |
[23:24] | It’s temperature that sets it off, not force. | 它是温控的 不能靠蛮力 |
[23:26] | The rivets go pop, I slide in the heating pad. | 铆钉一撬开 我就把加热板塞进去 |
[23:28] | Easy peasy. | 毛毛雨啦 |
[23:29] | More likely the patient has a hyperammonemic problem. | 病人更像是有高氨血症的问题 |
[23:31] | His liver’s not cleaning out his blood. | 他的肝脏无法清理血液中的毒素 |
[23:33] | The buildup of toxins is causing everything. | 累积的毒素导致了所有的问题 |
[23:34] | I’m defending the dad because he got screwed. | 我维护爸爸是因为他很惨 |
[23:36] | After he lost his son, he lost his job. | 他失去儿子之后又失去了工作 |
[23:38] | Been in and out of rehab, gave up clowning. | 反复出入戒毒所 放弃做小丑 |
[23:40] | Yes, as a parent, I empathize. | 没错 作为一个父亲 我同情他 |
[23:43] | I say we tell the kid. | 要我说我们该告诉那孩子 |
[23:44] | He’s a minor, the mom’s his guardian, | 他未成年 他妈妈是他的监护人 |
[23:46] | and it’s not even medically relevant. | 而且这跟医学也没关系 |
[23:48] | She robbed them of 12 years together. | 她剥夺了十二年父子相处的时间 |
[23:49] | Or she ripped off the band-aid too late. | 或者她应该早点踹了他爸 |
[23:52] | That memory that she let son of bozo establish | 她让她儿子确定自己是小丑的后代 |
[23:55] | is making him chase his father’s moronic profession | 导致他本可以在波兰过高品质的生活 |
[23:58] | when he could be living the high life in Portland. | 结果却在追求一份他爸干的白痴工作 |
[24:02] | And I mean that metaphorically, of course. | 当然说波兰只是打个比方 |
[24:07] | This is where you dazzle me with your contingency plan. | 你是想给我秀下你酷炫牛X的应急手法吧 |
[24:18] | I see why employers are reluctant | 我明白为啥人们都不愿 |
[24:20] | to hire ex-cons. | 雇用以前是诈骗犯的人了 |
[24:26] | Well, what about the patient? | 病人怎么办 |
[24:28] | Is the problem hyperammonemic or synthetic? | 到底是高氨血症还是蛋白合成不足 |
[24:30] | Can’t treat for both. | 不能两个都治 |
[24:31] | One requires hemodialysis, the other a liver transplant, | 一个需要血液透析 一个需要肝脏移植 |
[24:34] | and we couldn’t even get the kid a marrow match. | 我们都找不到和那孩子匹配的骨髓 |
[24:36] | Get the mom’s consent to pump him full of protein. | 征得他妈妈的同意给他灌满蛋白质 |
[24:38] | If it’s a synthetic problem, | 如果是蛋白质合成不足 |
[24:40] | more fluid will leak into his chest and his heart will fail. | 液体会渗入他的胸腔 导致心力衰竭 |
[24:42] | If it’s hyperammonemic, | 如果是高氨血症 |
[24:43] | toxins will overwhelm his body and he’ll go into a coma. | 毒素会淹没他的身体 他会陷入昏迷 |
[24:46] | Do you only like tests that involve the risk of death? | 你是不是只喜欢有致死性风险的检查 |
[24:48] | There are some slower, less conclusive tests, | 确实有又慢又没用的检查 |
[24:50] | but why take that risk? | 不过干嘛要冒那个风险呢 |
[24:59] | In here. | 在这里 |
[25:08] | Oh, my God. The water. | 我的天 是水 |
[25:13] | This is completely my fault. | 这完全是我的错 |
[25:18] | There are very serious risks, | 这有很大的风险 |
[25:19] | but if we don’t figure out what he has, | 但如果我们不搞清楚他得的是什么病 |
[25:21] | we can’t treat him at all. | 我们就无从下手治疗 |
[25:32] | I may be a little out of bounds here, | 我这么说也许有点过份 |
[25:33] | but in case there are complications, | 但以防万一有什么并发症 |
[25:35] | it might be a good time to come clean to your son, | 这也许是向你儿子坦白的好时机 |
[25:38] | let his father visit. | 让他父亲来探望 |
[25:41] | A little out of bounds? | 这是有”点”过份吗 |
[25:43] | I don’t know the history, but everyone makes mistakes. | 我不知道发生过什么 但人人都会犯错 |
[25:47] | Your son worships him. | 你儿子很崇拜他 |
[25:48] | Doctor’s right about that. | 医生说得对 |
[25:50] | Oh, yeah? And when did he learn that? | 是吗 他是什么时候开始崇拜的 |
[25:53] | When he encouraged Ben to drop out of school? | 他鼓励本辍学的时候吗 |
[25:57] | Mitchell is not Ben’s father | 米歇尔不是本的父亲 |
[25:58] | any more than a sperm donor would have been. | 他只不过是个精子捐献者 |
[26:07] | Dr. House? | 豪斯医生 |
[26:09] | Unless you’re a locksmith | 除非你是个锁匠 |
[26:11] | or an electrician with political contacts, I’m busy. | 或者跟政府合作的电工 否则我很忙 |
[26:13] | My husband saw you in the clinic. | 我丈夫看过你的门诊 |
[26:15] | Wants treatment for diabetes. | 想要治疗糖尿病 |
[26:17] | My condolences on your forthcoming divorce. | 对你们即将到来的离婚致哀 |
[26:19] | He keeps imagining symptoms, | 他不停的想象症状 |
[26:21] | and now I have to make him these awful anti-diabetic meals. | 现在我不得不给他做那些恶心的降糖餐 |
[26:26] | Since I have no intention of testing him, | 既然我没打算给他做检查 |
[26:27] | treating him, or cooking for him– | 也没打算治疗他 或者给他做饭 |
[26:32] | Could you write me a fake prescription for insulin? | 你可以给我开个假的胰岛素处方吗 |
[26:36] | The advantage of fake prescriptions is, | 假处方的好处就在于 |
[26:37] | you don’t have to be a real doctor to write one. | 不用非得让真的医生开 |
[26:39] | Just tell me what’s safe to inject in his thigh. | 告诉我注射什么在他大腿里是安全的就好 |
[26:42] | His symptoms will go away | 他的症状就会消失 |
[26:44] | and then I can show him he was never sick. | 然后我就可以告诉他他从来没得过糖尿病 |
[26:47] | Water? | 水行吗 |
[26:48] | Imaginary medicine is not my specialty. | 想象的药不是我的专长 |
[26:51] | I do have an imaginary colleague | 我确实有个想象的同事 |
[26:53] | who’s just sent me an imaginary page. | 刚刚想象的传呼了我一下 |
[26:56] | Imagine how sorry I am. | 想象我有多抱歉 |
[27:06] | Still mad about what happened in the lab? | 还在为刚才实验室的事生气吗 |
[27:08] | I’m not mad. I’m being professional. | 我没生气 我这是专业 |
[27:12] | You claim you’re not screwed up. | 你说你挺好 |
[27:13] | You may even believe it. | 你也许真的相信了 |
[27:15] | But House doesn’t and I don’t, | 但是豪斯不信 我也不信 |
[27:16] | so you can wait | 所以你可以等到 |
[27:17] | till he camps out on your parents’ lawn | 他在你爸妈的草坪上扎营 |
[27:19] | or you can admit you don’t live on some higher plane | 或者你可以承认你跟我们是一撮的 |
[27:21] | and thank me later. | 然后再谢我 |
[27:22] | My, uh, my eye feels weird. | 我的 我的眼睛感觉很奇怪 |
[27:30] | What’s happening to me? | 我怎么了 |
[27:36] | You look tired. | 你看起来很疲倦 |
[27:37] | I hate it when people say that. | 我讨厌人们这么说 |
[27:39] | I know, I look bad. | 我知道 我看起来很糟 |
[27:41] | I thought you were gonna go to bed early last night. | 我以为你昨晚会早睡的 |
[27:43] | Like an idiot, I went out with my girlfriends | 我白痴一般的跟我闺蜜们出去 |
[27:45] | to pretend I have a life, | 假装我还有生活 |
[27:47] | when all I did was flirt with guys | 当我只是在跟一群对”妈妈”没兴趣的 |
[27:49] | who’d have no interest in a mom, | 男生调情的时候 |
[27:51] | miss the baby I couldn’t wait to get rid of, | 想念我迫不及待想要摆脱的宝宝 |
[27:53] | and then get yelled at by my mom | 然后又被我妈大吼一通 |
[27:54] | for staying out too late. | 就因为在外面待到太晚 |
[27:55] | – You need your own place. – Yes. | -你得有自己住的地方 -没错 |
[27:56] | I moved back home because it was too drafty at the four seasons. | 我搬回家是因为我住的地方四季漏风 |
[27:59] | So go back to work at the hospital. | 那就回医院工作呗 |
[28:00] | Day care costs more than what I earned as a nurse. | 日托的开销比我当护士赚的多多了 |
[28:04] | Have you considered sub-standard day care? | 你没考虑过差一点的吗 |
[28:09] | Why don’t you stay here tonight? | 要不你今晚就住在这 |
[28:11] | No. I mean, in the guest room. | 我的意思是你可以睡客房 |
[28:15] | I’ll watch the baby again, | 我能继续照看孩子 |
[28:16] | and you can get a real night’s sleep. | 你也能睡个好觉 |
[28:18] | You’d do that? | 你愿意这么做吗 |
[28:28] | Win-win. | 双赢嘛 |
[28:29] | Mommy gets a rest, | 妈妈睡个好觉 |
[28:31] | daddy gets more time with his little angel. | 爸爸跟他的小天使多处会 |
[28:36] | There’s some sweats in the closet in the back. | 后面的衣橱里有毛巾 |
[28:43] | Lucky girl. | 幸运的小孩 |
[28:44] | Gets another sleepover with da-da. | 又能和爸爸睡一起了 |
[28:49] | It makes a difference. | 还是不一样的 |
[28:53] | Doesn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[29:06] | Didn’t answer your page last night. | 你昨晚没回传呼 |
[29:08] | Sorry. Battery died. | 不好意思 电池没电了 |
[29:09] | We got the patient’s eye back in place | 我们给病人注射了类固醇 |
[29:11] | with steroid injections, | 他的眼球复位了 |
[29:12] | But a bulging eyeball means it’s not a liver problem. | 不过眼球肿胀表明不是肝脏的问题 |
[29:16] | And mom’s determination to keep dad away, | 他母亲在孩子的病越来越糟时 |
[29:18] | even as her kid gets sicker and sicker, | 仍决定不让父亲插手此事 |
[29:21] | means she’s got more to hide. | 意味着她有更大的隐情 |
[29:22] | It’s not diagnostically relevant. | 这与诊断无关 |
[29:23] | Let’s let it drop. | 我们就别管了 |
[29:24] | You just lost my vote. | 你刚失去了我的支持 |
[29:26] | You flip-flopped on parental rights. | 你可是父母权益的疯狂拥护者 |
[29:28] | I’ve been trying to persuade the mother, | 我已经尽力说服他母亲了 |
[29:29] | but it’s her son, so it’s her call. | 但那是她儿子 她做主 |
[29:31] | Well, that’s very evolved of you. | 你的想法变化很大 |
[29:32] | Don’t usually see darwinian changes over breakfast. | 这么巨大的思想转变可不常见 |
[29:37] | You made nice-nice with Phil, you decided that | 你跟菲尔好好谈了下 |
[29:40] | he’d make a decent father for thing 2 after all. | 你觉得他能成为一名称职的父亲 |
[29:44] | I had Sophie again last night | 我昨晚和苏菲在一起 |
[29:45] | and Ruby slept in my guest room, | 露比睡在我家客房 |
[29:47] | which has nothing to do with Phil, | 这跟菲尔没半点关系 |
[29:49] | who will never be a father to my children. | 他永远不会是我孩子的父亲 |
[29:51] | Angioneurotic edema can cause rapid swelling. | 血管神经性水肿有可能造成迅速肿胀 |
[29:53] | Hey, we’re having a conversation here. | 我们在这聊正事呢 |
[29:57] | No abdominal pain. | 没有腹痛 |
[29:58] | So that must have been nice, having Ruby | 和露比与孩子在同一屋檐下 |
[29:59] | and the baby under one roof. | 感觉一定很美好 |
[30:01] | Yes, it was nice having my daughter in my home. | 没错 女儿在我家我感觉很好 |
[30:03] | That’s why I would like her sister to live near my home. | 这也是我希望她姐姐住在我家附近的原因 |
[30:06] | Anasarca? | 全身性水肿 |
[30:07] | Swelling would have followed gravity. | 那样肿胀会随重力移动 |
[30:08] | Isn’t that getting this whole parenting thing ass backwards? | 这样整个关于父母的讨论不是又回到原点了 |
[30:12] | Aren’t you supposed to figure out what you can sacrifice | 你不是该搞明白为使孩子们过的更好 |
[30:14] | to maximize their niceness? | 你需要付出的代价是什么吗 |
[30:16] | And do you think I should sacrifice myself from their lives? | 你觉得我的代价就该是从他们的生活中消失吗 |
[30:19] | Just one life, | 只是其中一个而已 |
[30:20] | until the other one’s mommy meets someone nicer than you. | 直到另一个的母亲找到比你更好的人 |
[30:24] | Swelling that fast and localized | 进展如此迅速的局部肿胀 |
[30:26] | has to come from the lymph nodes. | 一般来源于淋巴结 |
[30:27] | Burkitt’s lymphoma. | 博吉特淋巴瘤 |
[30:32] | Swelling. | 肿胀 |
[30:35] | Cankles. | 脚踝赘肉 |
[30:36] | That’s not a symptom of Burkitt’s. | 那不是博吉特淋巴瘤的症状 |
[30:37] | – Are you saying it’s– – It’s Burkitt’s. | -你是想说是… -就是博吉特淋巴瘤 |
[30:40] | Prep him for chemo. | 准备化疗 |
[30:54] | I think you should give House permission | 我认为你应该允许豪斯去 |
[30:55] | to go to Atlantic city. | 亚特兰大城 |
[30:57] | We’ll stop by the rheumatology conference. | 我们会去风湿病学会议的 |
[30:59] | – Everyone’s covered. – No. | -各得其所 -不 |
[31:02] | The guy has earned the right to go to one boxing match. | 那家伙赢得了去看场拳击赛的权利 |
[31:05] | He’s done everything you’ve asked– | 他应要完成了每件事 |
[31:07] | Funded and staffed his own department. | 组建了自己的科室 |
[31:09] | Hasn’t even broken as much as a traffic law. | 甚至连交通规则都没违反 |
[31:13] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[31:14] | So you’ll let him go? | 那你会让他去 |
[31:17] | No. | 不 |
[31:18] | I get why he wants to go to that fight. | 我明白他为什么想去看那场比赛 |
[31:20] | I’d love to go myself, | 我自己也想去 |
[31:21] | which is kind of why I have to stop him. | 这也是我阻止他的原因 |
[31:24] | My job is to be the jerk. | 我的职责就是做个混蛋 |
[31:25] | House has to believe that I have authority over him. | 必须让豪斯相信我的权威在他之上 |
[31:28] | He can’t function under someone’s thumb. | 他就是没法任人指挥 |
[31:30] | I know, which means you can’t go either. | 我明白 这意味着你也不能去 |
[31:37] | Your job is to be his friend, | 你的职责是做他的朋友 |
[31:39] | to stay here and sit with him | 呆在这陪着他 |
[31:40] | and watch the fight on pay-per-view while bitching about me. | 在电视前看那场比赛然后一起说我的坏话 |
[31:43] | If we both do our jobs, | 如果我们都尽职尽责 |
[31:44] | we might actually get him through his parole. | 我们可能真能让他安全度过假释期 |
[31:51] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[31:56] | Sorry to show up like this. | 不好意思我们在这出现 |
[31:58] | I was expecting a battery of lawyers. | 我还等着一群律师呢 |
[32:00] | No lawyers. | 没有律师 |
[32:01] | Phil had something that he would like to say, | 菲尔有些话想跟你说 |
[32:04] | so I thought that he should say it in person. | 我觉得他应该当面跟你说 |
[32:08] | It was wrong of me to confront you | 直接跟你说要把瑞秋 |
[32:11] | about taking Rachel to Portland. | 带去波特兰是我的不对 |
[32:13] | You don’t want to move to Portland? | 你不想搬去波特兰吗 |
[32:15] | Of course I do, but this is about your daughter too | 我当然想 不过这也关系到你女儿 |
[32:18] | and I’m not gonna do something like this without your support. | 没有你的支持我是不会做这样的事的 |
[32:22] | So you guys are trying to manipulate me | 你们俩是想通过扮红脸和红脸 |
[32:24] | by playing good cop/good cop? | 来操纵我的想法吗 |
[32:27] | Is that how little you think of me? | 你就把我想得这么不堪吗 |
[32:30] | It’s clear you’re back working for house. | 很明显你又开始给豪斯卖命了 |
[32:34] | I will see you this weekend when you pick up Sophie. | 周末你来接苏菲时再见吧 |
[32:37] | Sophia. | 苏菲娅 |
[32:38] | We actually started calling her Sophie. | 我们已经开始叫她苏菲了 |
[32:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[32:42] | Great. | 很好 |
[32:44] | It’s cute. | 挺可爱的 |
[32:52] | Cankles. | 脚踝 |
[32:53] | Is there some problem with the prescription you gave me? | 你给我的处方有什么问题吗 |
[32:57] | I’m faint. I’ve been gaining more weight. | 我很虚弱 我体重又涨了 |
[33:00] | I think I need a bigger dose. | 我觉得我需要更大剂量 |
[33:01] | If you double his placebo, he might drown. | 如果你把他的安慰剂剂量加倍他会淹死的 |
[33:04] | Also, you forgot to mention that your heart rate is slow. | 还有 你没告诉我你心率缓慢 |
[33:10] | My–my heart rate is not– | 我的心率并不 |
[33:12] | – 52. – The technical term is slow. | -52 -医学术语就叫作缓慢 |
[33:16] | Those awful anti-diabetic meals you eat, | 你吃的那些可怕的抗糖尿病餐 |
[33:19] | do they contain bok choy? | 是不是有小白菜 |
[33:21] | A pound of it. Every day. | 有一磅左右 每天都有 |
[33:22] | Bok choy has glucosinolates which inhibit thyroid function | 小白菜含有硫代葡萄糖酸盐会抑制甲状腺功能 |
[33:28] | and account for all your symptoms. | 从而引起你所有的症状 |
[33:30] | So this isn’t diabetes? | 那么说不是糖尿病 |
[33:32] | You have a bad case of irony. | 真是个悲剧的讽刺 |
[33:35] | The food that you’re eating to stop making you sick | 你吃用来阻止你生病的食物 |
[33:37] | is making you sick. | 反而让你得病了 |
[33:39] | Hey, maybe I don’t have my father’s crummy genes after all. | 也许我根本就没遗传我爸的基因 |
[33:42] | On the other hand, maybe you’re fat enough | 另一方面 没有你爸 你的肥胖 |
[33:44] | to get diabetes even without him. | 可能也足以使你患糖尿病 |
[33:52] | I can’t believe I have cancer. | 真不敢相信我得了癌症 |
[33:54] | We caught it early. You should be okay. | 我们发现的早 应该没事的 |
[33:58] | I could die. I never went anywhere, did anything. | 我可能会死 我还没去过什么地方干过什么呢 |
[34:02] | If my father had lived, | 如果我父亲还活着 |
[34:03] | everything would have been different. | 一切都会不一样的 |
[34:07] | Your mom and stepdad love you. | 你母亲和继父都很爱你 |
[34:08] | They’ve given you a great home. | 他们给了你一个很棒的家 |
[34:11] | That counts for a lot. | 这很重要 |
[34:16] | He’s crashing. Everything’s shutting down. | 他不行了 各器官都在衰竭 |
[34:28] | Renal failure, lung failure, heart failure, | 肾衰竭 肺衰竭 心脏衰竭 |
[34:30] | all before we started chemo. | 都发生在我们进行化疗之前 |
[34:31] | Burkitt’s lymphoma is fast-moving, but not this fast. | 博吉特淋巴瘤发展速度很快 但不会这么快 |
[34:38] | No rush. ICU stands for take your time in latin. | 别急 重症监护病房在拉丁语中等于慢慢来 |
[34:44] | Multiple aneurysms. | 多重动脉瘤 |
[34:45] | That would mean that every symptom after his T.I.A. | 那意味着短暂性脑缺血发作后的一切症状 |
[34:47] | Was a coincidence. | 不过是巧合 |
[34:48] | Cholesterol Emboli? | 胆固醇栓子 |
[34:50] | Bingo. Fits perfectly. Check the file. | 答对了 完全吻合 去查病历 |
[34:52] | Confirm that we did major abdominal surgery on him | 证实我们给他做了大型腹腔手术 |
[34:54] | and then completely forgot about it. | 却又完全遗忘了 |
[34:58] | House. | 豪斯 |
[35:08] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[35:09] | I was told that this might be my last chance to see my son. | 我被告知这可能是见儿子的最后机会 |
[35:12] | You had no right! This is none of your business! | 你没有这个权力 这与你无关 |
[35:14] | – I didn’t. – I called him. | -不是我 -是我叫他来的 |
[35:17] | This man’s Ben’s hero. | 他是本心目中的英雄 |
[35:17] | Let them spend five minutes together. | 就让他们在一起待五分钟 |
[35:22] | No! Get out of here! | 不 都给我出去 |
[35:30] | Wait. | 等等 |
[35:37] | You sexually molested your son. | 你性侵犯了自己的儿子 |
[35:41] | Your walk. | 你走路的姿势 |
[35:41] | Tabes dorsalis. | 脊髓痨 |
[35:44] | You have late-stage syphilis, | 你的梅毒已经到了晚期 |
[35:46] | which you gave to our patient presumably 12 years ago, | 你在大约十二年前将梅毒传给我们的病人 |
[35:49] | which also explains why mom is not big on family reunions. | 因此母亲才极力反对父子团圆 |
[35:56] | I shouldn’t be here. | 我不该来的 |
[36:06] | We tested him for syphilis. He was negative. | 我们测验过梅毒 为阴性 |
[36:09] | After 12 years, | 十二年过后 |
[36:10] | the active infection would have died down | 他体内的活性病菌已经销声匿迹 |
[36:13] | everywhere except the arteries in his brain, | 只有部分存在于脑动脉 |
[36:15] | where it could hide out from our tests. | 顺便躲过了我们的测验 |
[36:17] | But when that six-year-old heckler | 六岁小李刚 |
[36:19] | punched him in his juggling pins, | 一拳打在他蛋蛋上 |
[36:21] | it kicked up the dormant bacteria in his pelvis. | 激起了他骨盆中处于休眠状态的病菌 |
[36:24] | The immunosuppressants we gave him sent it into overdrive. | 我们给他用的免疫抑制剂让病菌得以肆虐 |
[36:27] | The antibiotics we gave him | 我们给他用的抗体 |
[36:28] | actually started destroying the syphilis. | 其实已经开始消灭梅毒 |
[36:31] | But like pouring water on a fire, | 但它们如同火上泼水 |
[36:33] | that led to a trail of toxic smoke and ash | 激起一片有毒烟气尘埃 |
[36:35] | which made his immune system overcompensate. | 使得他的免疫系统过度补偿 |
[36:38] | Severe Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction. | 贝佐尔德-亚里施反射 |
[36:41] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[36:42] | Yes, Jarisch-Herxheimer is real. | 没错 真有贝佐尔德-亚里施反射这回事 |
[36:44] | It sounds silly, but… | 听起来有点儿傻 不过… |
[36:46] | Oh, you mean the–the–right. | 哦 你说的是那个… 好吧 |
[36:54] | I found stains on his clothes. | 我在他的衣服上发现了痕迹 |
[37:00] | He didn’t understand and he didn’t seem traumatized. | 他当时还不懂 也没有受到创伤的迹象 |
[37:05] | I kept trying to talk to him, but before long, he’d forgotten, | 我试图跟他说起这件事 可是不久之后他就不记得了 |
[37:09] | And he seemed– | 而且他看起来 |
[37:12] | And he seemed happy and he seemed normal. | 看起来很快乐 一切正常 |
[37:14] | So you made daddy go away | 所以你把父亲撵走 |
[37:16] | and you made sure junior had no reason to go looking. | 编好理由让孩子永远不会去找他 |
[37:20] | I was just trying to protect him, | 我只是为了保护他 |
[37:23] | like I should have done from the start. | 像我一开始就应该做的那样 |
[37:28] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:33] | IV penicillin and anti-tnf antibodies, | 静脉注射盘尼西林和抗坏死抗体 |
[37:36] | He’ll be fine. | 他会好起来的 |
[37:37] | Apart from the whole daddy-rape thing. | 被亲爹强奸这事除外 |
[37:48] | We’re not done. | 这事还没完 |
[37:50] | No, we are not. | 是还没完 |
[37:52] | Notify the dad’s sexual partners. | 通知病人父亲的性伴侣 |
[37:53] | Notify his employer, his landlord. | 通知他的雇主 房东 |
[37:56] | Notify the police. | 还有警察 |
[37:57] | I meant the kid. | 我指那孩子 |
[37:59] | We’re not gonna tell him he was molested? | 难道我们不告诉他 他被侵犯了 |
[38:01] | To make him miserable or to forfeit your license? | 让他痛不欲生还是让你丢掉行医执照 |
[38:03] | To tell him the truth. | 告诉他真相 |
[38:05] | He’s a virgin. How do we explain the STD? | 他还是处子 怎么会得性病 |
[38:08] | It’s a medical diagnosis. Screw the parents. | 这是医学诊断 让家长见鬼去 |
[38:10] | The kid’s our patient. | 孩子是我们的病人 |
[38:11] | I guess Taub’s got a tough choice to make | 我猜等那孩子醒过来 |
[38:13] | when the kid wakes up. | 陶博要有个艰难抉择了 |
[38:15] | Why is it my choice? | 为什么是我的抉择 |
[38:16] | ’cause you’re a dad. | 因为你当爸爸了 |
[38:18] | How could the rest of us possibly understand? | 我们其他人怎么会懂 |
[38:30] | What was– what was wrong with me? | 我得了什么病 |
[38:35] | It’s called syphilis. | 是梅毒 |
[38:38] | Uh, you–you can get that without having sex? | 没有性生活也能得这病吗 |
[38:56] | I didn’t tell him. | 我没告诉他 |
[39:00] | Your heart said he needed to know. | 你的心在说他需要知道 |
[39:02] | Your brain knew he’s better off without it. | 你的头脑清楚他不知道最好 |
[39:07] | Following your heart is easy. | 随心所欲很容易 |
[39:08] | Following your brain is tough. | 听从头脑的抉择很难 |
[39:11] | Especially after years of following | 尤其是在任由低级器官 |
[39:12] | that much smaller third organ. | 支配了那么多年之后 |
[39:16] | That’s why all parents screw up all children. | 所以说天下的孩子都会被父母毁掉 |
[39:28] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[39:35] | Clever tactic, pretending you’re not interested anymore. | 欲擒故纵 假作毫不关心 |
[39:40] | How could that possibly work as a tactic? | 这怎么会是欲擒故纵 |
[39:44] | The fact is, once I saw those incompletes, | 事实是 我看到了你生命中不完整的地方 |
[39:46] | I knew your parents screwed you up. | 我知道你也被父母毁了 |
[39:48] | The details are just gravy. | 细节不过是调味料而已 |
[39:52] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[39:54] | The only evidence you have is proof of something else. | 你有的证据只能证明其它事情的发生 |
[40:00] | I ran away from home. | 我离家出走过 |
[40:04] | Because you had lousy parents. | 因为你父母很差劲 |
[40:07] | Because I didn’t. | 因为我的父母不差 |
[40:11] | All my friends’ parents were divorced or having affairs | 我朋友们的父母不是离婚就是出轨 |
[40:16] | or barely knew their kids’ birthdays. | 要么就连自己孩子的生日都忘了 |
[40:21] | You envied their dysfunction? | 你嫉妒他们的扭曲 |
[40:25] | I-I thought it made them deeper somehow. | 我当时以为 挫折给了他们深度 |
[40:33] | It was stupid. | 真是愚蠢 |
[40:35] | I hitchhiked to Manhattan, | 我搭便车到曼哈顿 |
[40:37] | moved in with an older guy. | 和一个大我很多的男人同居 |
[40:39] | In two months, I came running home. | 不到两个月 我就跑回家了 |
[40:42] | It took my parents years to get over it. | 我父母几年后才从中恢复 |
[40:47] | That’s when you started to excel. | 自那之后你开始出类拔萃 |
[40:50] | You were making it up to them. | 你是为了补偿他们 |
[40:53] | Your parents screwed you up by not screwing you up. | 你的父母毁了你 原因就是他们没有毁你 |
[40:57] | How does briefly wishing I was screwed up | 我只是有一点点希望被毁 |
[40:59] | make me screwed up? | 也能算是毁了 |
[41:02] | It’s normal to be screwed up. | 被父母毁掉是普遍现象 |
[41:04] | It’s really screwed up to romanticize it. | 连被毁都能浪漫化 才是毁得最严重的 |
[41:07] | I guess that’s why you wanted to work with prisoners. | 我猜这就是你要在囚犯中间工作的原因 |
[41:12] | It’s why I wanted to work with you. | 这是我要跟你工作的原因 |
[41:19] | It was a tactic. | 我的确是欲擒故纵 |
[41:40] | Chris. | 克里斯 |
[41:41] | I need to talk to you and Phil. | 我得跟你和菲尔谈谈 |
[41:46] | Is everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[41:50] | Yeah. | 没有 |
[42:01] | I can’t let you move. | 我不能让你们搬走 |
[42:04] | You drove all the way out here | 你开车大老远过来 |
[42:05] | just to tell us what you already told us. | 就是为了重复你早就说的话 |
[42:09] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:21] | House, open up. | 豪斯 |
[42:22] | I don’t want to miss the opening bell. | 我不想错过开场 |
[42:28] | House? | 豪斯 |