时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | How long has your daughter had trouble breathing? | 你女儿呼吸困难有多久了 |
[00:09] | About a week now. | 差不多一周了 |
[00:12] | The best dads wait two or more. | 好爸爸还能再等几周呢 |
[00:15] | Yeah, no, it’s not like it’s serious. | 对啊 其实也不是很严重 |
[00:17] | I-I checked online, and it’s… | 我在网上查了 就是… |
[00:19] | asthma or something. | 哮喘或是别的什么小病 |
[00:20] | “Or something” | “别的什么小病” |
[00:21] | is the number one killer of teens | 可是没有医学文凭的 |
[00:23] | with no medical degree. | 青少年的头号杀手 |
[00:24] | When was the last time he took you to see a doctor? | 他上次带你看医生是什么时候 |
[00:26] | Uh, like five months ago. | 大约五个月前 |
[00:28] | We went a clinic in Trenton. | 我们去了一家在特伦顿的诊所 |
[00:29] | I had strep throat. | 我得了链球菌咽喉炎 |
[00:30] | You remember the antibiotic they gave you? | 你还记得他们给你用的什么抗生素吗 |
[00:32] | Is it neomycin? | 是不是新霉素 |
[00:33] | Amoxicillin. | 是阿莫西林 |
[00:38] | So about the inhaler for my asthma, I was– | 那哮喘吸入器 我… |
[00:41] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[00:43] | Hospital policy | 医院明文规定 |
[00:44] | specifically prohibits me from giving meds | 禁止我向没有亲属关系 |
[00:46] | to unrelated homeless people | 却装成父女的无业游民 |
[00:47] | pretending to be father and daughter. | 提供任何药物 |
[00:50] | Your pants are a size too short, | 你的裤子小了一号 |
[00:52] | so either you grew a couple of inches | 你要不就是突然长高了几寸 |
[00:54] | or you grabbed the closest size in a thrift store. | 要不就是在旧货店随便拿了凑合穿的 |
[00:55] | And only you have dimples, which are adorable, | 而你有酒窝 虽然挺可爱 |
[00:58] | but they’re also an X-linked dominant genetic trait, | 但它是X染色体显性遗传 |
[01:02] | which actually doesn’t prove anything. | 这倒是说明不了什么问题 |
[01:03] | The fact that she didn’t burst into tears tells me | 她没有哭正好说明 |
[01:05] | that you never thought he was your dad. | 你从没认为他是你爸爸 |
[01:08] | Let’s get out of here. | 咱们快走吧 |
[01:11] | Since you’re the brains of the operation, | 你既然你是主谋 |
[01:13] | might wanna stick around. | 你最好留下来 |
[01:14] | What, so I can get busted by Social Services? | 难道要我在这等着被社工带走吗 |
[01:16] | No, so you can stop bleeding out of your ear. | 不 那样的话你耳朵就不会再继续出血了 |
[01:21] | It’s usually a sign of a skull fracture. | 这一般是头骨骨折的表现 |
[01:23] | Someone been using your head as a soccer ball? | 有人拿你的头当球踢吗 |
[01:27] | No. | 没有 |
[01:28] | Much as I’d like to take your word for it, | 虽然我很想相信你的话 |
[01:30] | I have no interest in taking your word for it. | 但我没兴趣去相信 |
[01:33] | No tenderness, no pain. | 没有压痛感 也没有疼痛感 |
[01:36] | Looks like you might actually be telling | 看来你倒是说了 |
[01:37] | the truth about something. | 一部分实话 |
[01:43] | Ear canal is fine. | 耳道没有问题 |
[01:47] | You don’t have a fever. | 也没发烧 |
[01:50] | Pay the man. | 给这男的结账 |
[01:51] | He’s late for a trashcan fire. | 垃圾桶篝火晚会他要迟到了 |
[02:05] | Would you–would you tell me what’s going on? | 你能…能不能告诉我这是怎么回事 |
[02:06] | What’s wrong with me? | 我到底有什么病 |
[02:08] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[02:47] | Why’d you ask to meet us | 你为什么要在 |
[02:49] | 30 miles away from the hospital? | 离医院三十英里的地方见面啊 |
[02:54] | Because I can. | 因为我能胡跑了 |
[02:56] | Also, Chris Christie’s blog | 还有 克里斯·克里斯蒂在博客里说 |
[02:58] | says the pancakes here are the best. | 这里的煎饼是最棒的 |
[03:01] | So…what do we got on this 18-year-old | 现在我们有一个十八岁的病人 |
[03:03] | with the ear bleed and the breathing problems. | 耳朵出血 呼吸困难 |
[03:05] | CT confirms no skull fracture, | CT确认过了没有颅骨骨折 |
[03:07] | and looking at her confirms she’s not 18. | 还有 她未满十八岁 |
[03:09] | Yes, she is. | 不 她到了 |
[03:11] | Says so in the file. | 病历里这么说的 |
[03:12] | We can’t treat an underage patient without a guardian– | 我们不能给一个无监护人的未成年人看病 |
[03:14] | We need to call Social Services. | 我们得通知社会服务部 |
[03:16] | I cut a deal with the patient. | 我和病人说定了 |
[03:18] | We don’t call, she doesn’t bolt. | 我们不通知 她也不跑 |
[03:20] | Whatever age, living on the street | 不管她多大 无家可归 |
[03:21] | makes her vulnerable to malnutrition, | 很容易导致营养不良 |
[03:23] | drug use, H.I.V., | 吸毒 患艾滋病 |
[03:24] | all things which could explain her symptoms. | 这些都能解释她的症状 |
[03:25] | No sign of malnutrition. Tox screen is clear. | 无营养不良的迹象 毒理检验没有发现 |
[03:28] | S.T.D. panel was negative, | 性病筛检也是阴性 |
[03:30] | and… is that Foreman? | 还有… 那是福曼吗 |
[03:35] | Oh, my goodness, it is! | 天啊 确实是 |
[03:37] | Hi, Dean Foreman! | 你好啊 福曼院长 |
[03:51] | Are you not gonna introduce us | 是因为咱俩结婚了 |
[03:52] | because we’re married? | 所以不打算介绍我们认识吗 |
[03:54] | Oh, no, wait. That’s her. | 不 等等 是她结婚了 |
[03:56] | She’s a pharmaceutical rep, and this is a working breakfast. | 她是一名医药代表 这只是一顿工作早餐 |
[03:59] | In a restaurant that’s nowhere near your home | 在一个离你家和医院 |
[04:00] | or the hospital. | 都很远的餐厅吗 |
[04:02] | Chris Christie recommends the pancakes. | 克里斯·克里斯蒂说这里的煎饼好吃 |
[04:08] | Squamous cell middle ear tumor could have | 中耳鳞状细胞癌可能 |
[04:10] | caused the ear bleed. | 引起耳朵出血 |
[04:11] | Paraneoplastic reaction caused the breathing problems. | 副肿瘤综合症引起的反应造成呼吸困难 |
[04:13] | Middle ear looks completely normal. | 中耳看起来一切正常 |
[04:14] | But there is thickening in the lining | 但是第三脑室内壁 |
[04:15] | of the wall of the third ventricle. | 出现了增厚 |
[04:17] | Could be a sign of cerebral infection. | 可能是颅内感染 |
[04:18] | Wouldn’t explain the lack of fever. | 但不能解释没有发热 |
[04:20] | Pneumococcus is pretty common | 肺炎双球菌在无家可归者里 |
[04:21] | among the homeless population. | 十分普遍 |
[04:23] | We should find out if she’s been vaccinated. | 我们应该去查查她有没有打过疫苗 |
[04:24] | Sure, ask her, and when she refuses | 行 去问她吧 当她拒绝 |
[04:26] | to tell you anything, | 告诉你任何事时 |
[04:27] | start her on Ceftriaxone for pneumococcus. | 就给她用头孢曲松治肺炎双球菌 |
[04:31] | And if she says she has been vaccinated? | 如果她说她打过疫苗呢 |
[04:33] | Then don’t believe her, | 那就不要去相信她 |
[04:34] | and start her on Ceftriaxone for pneumococcus. | 用头孢曲松钠来治肺炎双球菌 |
[04:36] | How about we don’t believe she’s gonna bolt | 不如我们不相信她会逃跑 |
[04:38] | and we call Social Services? | 然后通知社会服务部怎么样 |
[04:40] | While I’m in the little boys’ room, | 我在厕所里时 |
[04:41] | you can pretend that I’m seriously considering that idea. | 你可以假装我在考虑你的建议 |
[04:45] | The bathroom’s that way. | 厕所在那边啊 |
[04:48] | Pretty sure there’s one in the hospital. | 我肯定医院里也有 |
[04:56] | When I was your age, I ran away, | 当我跟你一样大时 我离家出走 |
[04:59] | lived on my own. | 一个人生活 |
[05:02] | – At the time, it seemed– – Oh, let me guess. | -那时好像… -我猜猜啊 |
[05:03] | Life with mom and dad was kind of a drag. | 和爸妈在一起生活 太拘束 |
[05:06] | So you just ran away, | 所以你就离家出走 |
[05:08] | lived with friends, and partied with guys | 和朋友住在一起 整日狂欢 |
[05:11] | that you knew your parents would hate. | 你知道父母很讨厌你这样 |
[05:13] | And then when you got tired of being a rebel, | 之后等你叛逆够了 |
[05:14] | you just went home. | 就回家去 |
[05:17] | Being homeless isn’t a vacation for me. | 无家可归对我来说可不是在度假 |
[05:21] | And I’m not acting out. | 我不是要特立独行 |
[05:24] | My life at home sucked, | 我在家里的生活烂透了 |
[05:25] | so I got the hell out of there. | 所以我逃了出来 |
[05:26] | There are other options | 除了住在街上 |
[05:28] | besides living on the streets. | 还有别的选择啊 |
[05:29] | Right, like group homes, where you’re packed in | 对 比如儿童之家 |
[05:32] | with as many messed-up delinquent kids as possible, | 全是行为不端的失足儿童 |
[05:35] | foster parents who only take you in | 寄养父母会收留你 |
[05:37] | because you’re a meal ticket. | 不过是因为你就张饭票 |
[05:37] | 寄养家庭收留一个孩子后 每周会获得175美元的补助 | |
[05:38] | I can think of easier ways to make 175 bucks a week. | 我能想到更简单的方法一周赚175块钱 |
[05:40] | No, you’re right– I really should roll the dice | 你说得对 我真应该赌一把 |
[05:42] | and hope for a pair that don’t ruin my life | 然后祈祷这对夫妇不要像我妈一样 |
[05:44] | the way that my mom– Get your hands off my stuff! | 毁了我的生活… 别动我的东西 |
[05:47] | The stuff might tell us more about why you’re sick. | 你的东西或许能提供更多有关你生病的信息 |
[05:49] | A history textbook. You go to school? | 历史课本 你还去上学吗 |
[05:50] | I don’t plan on being homeless forever. | 我没想一直无家可归啊 |
[05:58] | Hello, good sir. | 你好 先生 |
[06:00] | My brother, the General here, | 我的兄弟 这位将军 |
[06:02] | gots the green-apple quickstep. | 吃坏了肚子 |
[06:09] | One of us is in the wrong time zone. | 显然咱们中间有人穿越了 |
[06:12] | And if it’s me, I need to talk to a stockbroker | 如果是我 我得去找股票经纪人 |
[06:14] | and anyone from the Kennedy family, | 然后和肯尼迪家族的人聊一聊 |
[06:17] | in that order. | 就按这顺序来 |
[06:17] | Well, he got the runs, | 他拉肚子了 |
[06:19] | and we do need him up | 而我们确实需要他好起来 |
[06:20] | and at ’em for battle tomorrow. | 明天才能上战场 |
[06:21] | It’s hardly authentic, | 来这么现代的诊所 |
[06:22] | coming to a newfangled clinic, | 你们也太假了吧 |
[06:24] | especially with a Yankee doctor. | 尤其我还是个北方佬医生 |
[06:28] | Sir, are you questioning my resolve? | 先生 你是在质疑我的决心吗 |
[06:32] | Yes, and your sanity. | 对 还有你的精神状况 |
[06:33] | I’m multitasking. | 我一并都给你检查了 |
[06:35] | General… | 将军 |
[06:37] | You’re not allowed out. | 你不能出去 |
[06:38] | We swore that we would see the elephant together. | 我们发誓要一起见识那大象的 |
[06:45] | Well, far be it from me to come between two nut jobs | 我可不要夹在两个疯子 |
[06:48] | and their “Elephant.” | 和他们的”大象”之间 |
[06:56] | I could add some mercury, | 如果你们想再逼真点的话 |
[06:57] | if you want to make it more authentic. | 我可以给你们打点鸡血 |
[07:00] | The Confederacy thanks you, Doc. | 南部邦联向你表示感谢 医生 |
[07:14] | Got House’s phone, | 我拿到豪斯的手机 |
[07:15] | deleted all photos of you and Anita. | 删掉了所有你和安妮塔的照片 |
[07:18] | – I owe you. – An affair? | -我欠你个人情 -搞外遇啊 |
[07:21] | Never knew you were such a tramp. | 还真不知道你这么淫荡啊 |
[07:22] | Neither did I. | 我也没有想到 |
[07:23] | Anita, she’s fun, smart. | 安妮塔风趣又聪明 |
[07:27] | Not looking for anything serious. | 又不想要真正的恋情 |
[07:29] | It’s–it’s… Pretty perfect. | 这样…. 相当不错 |
[07:31] | Except for the annoying guilt about the husband, | 除了觉得对不起她丈夫 |
[07:34] | the lies she must be telling him. | 她要向他撒好多谎 |
[07:35] | But not guilty enough to stop seeing her. | 愧疚归愧疚 还不至于终止你们的关系 |
[07:38] | She’s smoking hot, | 她那么性感 |
[07:39] | and it’s not his job to protect her marriage. | 维护她的婚姻又不是他的责任 |
[07:42] | Aren’t you supposed to be pointing a finger | 此时你不是应该指手画脚 |
[07:44] | at your own life as a cautionary tale? | 让我以你为前车之鉴吗 |
[07:45] | If not for cheating, I might still have a wife, | 如果不是偷情 我可能不会离婚 |
[07:48] | but I wouldn’t have Sophie and Sophia. | 但也不会有苏菲和苏菲娅 |
[07:51] | Which means I | 也就是说 |
[07:53] | wouldn’t be preparing for their visit this week | 我也不用为了她们这周的留宿 |
[07:55] | by child locking all my cabinets, | 给所有的橱柜上婴儿防护锁 |
[07:58] | padding table corners, | 包好桌角 |
[08:00] | and getting rid of every single magazine. | 把所有的杂志都藏起来 |
[08:03] | You could probably just hide the porn | 可能在你的内衣抽屉里 |
[08:05] | in your underwear drawer. | 还藏着色情录像 |
[08:06] | Magazines go away so I won’t ignore my children. | 没有杂志我才不会忽略我的孩子 |
[08:11] | I know I have to pay attention to them. | 我知道我必须关注她们 |
[08:12] | I want to pay attention to them, | 我也想要关心她们 |
[08:14] | but they’re just so… | 但她们就是 |
[08:18] | boring. | 无聊至极 |
[08:26] | Did you learn anything at Jane Doe’s school? | 在无名氏的学校有什么发现吗 |
[08:29] | They did a bunch of vaccinations, | 他们注射了很多疫苗 |
[08:30] | including pneumococcus. | 包括肺炎球菌 |
[08:31] | Take her off the Ceftriaxone. | 给她停用头孢曲松 |
[08:33] | So we’re back to square none? | 我们又回到零点了啊 |
[08:34] | Not exactly. | 不能这么说 |
[08:36] | The name she registered under seems to be fake, | 她登记的名字应该是捏造的 |
[08:38] | but the address is a foreclosed house. | 但地址是座被取消赎回权的房子 |
[08:40] | We’ll let you know what we find. | 有其它发现再通知你们 |
[08:44] | Plenty of food, water. | 很多食物和水 |
[08:46] | And beer. | 还有啤酒 |
[08:47] | She eats well. | 她饮食很好 |
[08:48] | Goes to school and makes good grades. | 在校上学 成绩不错 |
[08:50] | She’s a homeless girl | 她是个无家可归的姑娘 |
[08:51] | who’s captain of the volleyball team. | 又是排球队队长 |
[08:52] | How can you be okay with this? | 你能忍受这些吗 |
[08:54] | Your mom sends you to work with snacks. | 如果你妈尽让你和零食作伴 |
[08:57] | I want and need parents. | 我渴望也需要家长 |
[08:59] | Jane Doe is flourishing without them. | 这女孩无父无母 日子却很滋润 |
[09:01] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[09:04] | But this mold definitely is. | 但这些真菌绝对很滋润 |
[09:08] | You went to my school. | 你们去了我学校 |
[09:09] | Now that they know, they’ll report me. | 现在他们知道了 他们会举报我的 |
[09:11] | I can’t go back there! | 我回不去了 |
[09:13] | You may have a fungal infection. | 你可能有真菌感染 |
[09:15] | You need that medicine. | 你需要服药 |
[09:16] | Fluconazole, right? | 氟康唑 是吧 |
[09:17] | I’ll get it at a clinic. | 我会去诊所拿药的 |
[09:22] | I can’t feel my legs. | 我的腿没有知觉了 |
[09:24] | Hey, wha– is that the infection? | 那个 是感染导致的吗 |
[09:26] | I don’t think so. | 我看不是 |
[09:30] | So…what causes an ear bleed, | 那么 是什么导致外耳道出血 |
[09:34] | breathing problems, | 呼吸困难 |
[09:36] | and our runaway’s inability to run away? | 我们的逃家者无力逃跑 |
[09:40] | Fungal infection’s off the table. | 真菌感染已经被排除了 |
[09:41] | What about transverse myelitis? | 会不会是横贯性脊髓炎 |
[09:43] | Not with normal posterior column function. | 但是脊髓后索功能正常 |
[09:45] | I’ve been waiting to do this for months. | 几个月来我一直等着这一刻 |
[09:47] | Pull! | 发射 |
[09:54] | Sights seem to be off on this. | 这一击准星没瞄好 |
[09:57] | We didn’t call Social Services before | 我们之前没打电话给社会服务部门 |
[09:59] | because we didn’t want the patient to take off. | 是因为我们不想病人逃跑 |
[10:01] | Now she can’t–there’s no reason for us not to call. | 现在她逃不了了 我们没理由不打电话 |
[10:03] | Well, how about the reason that there’s no reason? | 好吧 没有理由打电话这理由行吗 |
[10:06] | This is working fine for me. | 我觉得我可以接受 |
[10:08] | Pull! | 发射 |
[10:12] | Well, now, that one clearly took evasive action. | 刚刚那个显然是采取了逃避策略 |
[10:15] | You want to protect her because you think she’s fine on her own, | 你想保护她是因为你觉得没有社工帮助 |
[10:17] | outside the system. | 她也过得很好 |
[10:18] | Does anyone have a position on our patient’s medical condition? | 有人对病人的病情有看法吗 |
[10:21] | Could be endocarditis with septic emboli. | 可能是心内膜炎并发脓毒性菌栓症 |
[10:24] | Pull! | 发射 |
[10:28] | I’d turn around and shoot you, but apparently I’d miss. | 我真想转身爆了你 可惜会害我失手 |
[10:31] | There’s no murmurs, no Osler nodes. | 没有心区杂音 也没有体表奥斯勒节结 |
[10:33] | You’ve never done this before, have you? | 你以前从没玩过 是吧 |
[10:36] | No, I have not. | 是啊 没有耶 |
[10:37] | But all the time I had my ankle monitor on, | 但我带着追踪器时 就跃跃欲试 |
[10:39] | I was furious that I couldn’t. | 无法自由行动让我极其郁闷 |
[10:41] | Vasculitis fits. | 血管炎符合病症 |
[10:45] | Start treatment with steroids. | 开始给她用类固醇治疗 |
[10:47] | She’s lucky, she’ll be free to flee again. | 她很幸运 马上又可以开始流亡了 |
[10:50] | Not once I call Social Services. | 除非我打电话给社会服务部门 |
[10:52] | I’m not giving up. | 我不会放弃的 |
[10:55] | You wanna bet? | 想打赌吗 |
[10:57] | One shot, one birdie. | 一枪 定胜负 |
[10:59] | You hit, you make the call. | 你打中了 就打电话 |
[11:00] | You miss, never mention it again. | 失手的话 就不要再提此事 |
[11:02] | No. | 不干 |
[11:03] | Why would I agree? | 我为何要同意 |
[11:04] | ‘Cause your only other option is | 因为你另外的选择就是 |
[11:06] | you call and I fire you. | 你打电话 我炒你鱿鱼 |
[11:26] | Pull! | 发射 |
[11:42] | She responding to corticosteroids? | 皮质类固醇有用吗 |
[11:44] | Looks like it. | 好像是的 |
[11:45] | And Social Services. | 还有社会服务部门 |
[11:48] | I thought for sure there’d be some yelling | 我一直以为她会抵死反抗 |
[11:50] | or profanity, possible bloodletting. | 大吵大闹 甚至发生流血事件 |
[11:52] | She’s tired of living on the streets after all. | 她最终也厌倦了无家可归的生活 |
[11:54] | I’ll bet House re…gret… | 我想豪斯会后悔… |
[12:00] | Could he know I’m good with a gun? | 他会不会早就知道我是神枪手啊 |
[12:03] | I don’t know how, but… | 我不知道为什么 但是 |
[12:08] | Hiring a hooker | 雇佣妓女 |
[12:10] | to pretend to be a social worker? | 假扮社工 |
[12:11] | She took a bet that she knew she’d win. | 她和我打了个她胜券在握的赌 |
[12:14] | Frankly, I feel violated. | 说实话 我很受伤 |
[12:16] | What happened to the social worker I called? | 我联系的那位社工怎么了 |
[12:18] | Apparently, someone identifying themselves | 显然 有自称是”愤侯”医生的人 |
[12:20] | as Dr. Pujols called and said the patient ran off. | 打电话过去说病人已经跑了 |
[12:25] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[12:26] | “Poo holes.” | “便便池” |
[12:28] | I’ve informed Social Services of the mistake | 我已经告知社会服务部门这一情况 |
[12:31] | and given Jane Doe’s description to the cops. | 并将无名病患的情况告知了警察 |
[12:32] | They’ll track down the parents. | 他们会去找她父母的 |
[12:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:34] | I’ll leave you and Dr. “Pujols” alone. | 那你和”愤侯”医生好好聊聊吧 |
[12:38] | You should have told me | 你应该告知我 |
[12:39] | you were treating an underage clinic patient. | 你在给未成年人治病 |
[12:41] | I was giving you the gift of deniability. | 我是想让你不知者无罪的 |
[12:43] | Now I’m giving you the gift of additional clinic hours. | 作为回报 我给你加额外的门诊时间 |
[12:45] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不能这么干 |
[12:47] | You’ve got nothing on me. | 你没有我的把柄了 |
[12:49] | Check your phone. | 看看你的手机 |
[12:54] | Uh…my phone? | 我的手机 |
[12:56] | Oh, right. Yes, I– | 哦 对啊 我 |
[12:57] | I did have some pictures on that. | 我手机里的确有些照片 |
[13:00] | But… | 但… |
[13:02] | I also have these. | 我还有这些 |
[13:05] | There’s the two of you kissing over dinner. | 这是你们俩晚餐时的热吻照片 |
[13:08] | Busting a move in a night club. | 这是你们在夜店里动手动脚 |
[13:10] | Is that your hand near her nether regions? | 你瞧瞧你的手这是在哪啊 |
[13:15] | Thanks again for taking off the ankle bracelet. | 再次感谢你帮我摆脱脚踝追踪器 |
[13:18] | I’m not gonna let you blackmail me, House. | 我不会让你要挟我的 豪斯 |
[13:20] | Oh, of course not. | 那是当然 |
[13:21] | There’s no way someone of your integrity | 因为你很耿直 |
[13:23] | would let me compromise your job in any major way | 所以不会因一点点的绯闻 |
[13:25] | over some tawdry bit of gossip. | 而在工作上大举让步于我 |
[13:28] | But what about compromising it in a minor way? | 那小小妥协一下如何 |
[13:32] | Reduced clinic hours. | 减少门诊时间 |
[13:33] | Unlimited Internet porn budget. | 无上限网络色情片消费额 |
[13:35] | That makes much more sense than the nuclear option | 这比同时毁掉咱俩的生活 |
[13:38] | of ruining both our lives. | 要合理的多 |
[13:42] | You can keep these. | 这些你留着吧 |
[13:43] | I got copies. | 我有备份 |
[13:53] | How I miss the sweet smell of stickin’ it to the man. | 真怀念把柄在握的美妙滋味啊 |
[13:58] | Adams is right. | 亚当斯是对的 |
[13:59] | You’re protecting this girl. | 你是在保护这姑娘 |
[14:02] | No, I was wrong. | 不 我错了 |
[14:03] | It’s the stench of moralizing. | 我怀念的是说教的酸腐味 |
[14:05] | I’m protecting myself from meddling bureaucrats and parents. | 我是在保护自己 免受政府和家长的干涉 |
[14:09] | You admire this girl. | 你喜欢这姑娘 |
[14:10] | She had a horrible home life, | 她的家庭生活很悲惨 |
[14:12] | so she went out on her own. | 所以她离家出走 自己生活 |
[14:13] | She’s your road not taken. | 她走了你不敢走的路 |
[14:15] | I’ve always dreamed of living | 我常常梦想自己住在 |
[14:16] | in an abandoned house with mold. | 一座长满霉菌的荒废的房子里 |
[14:18] | House, all I’m accusing you of | 豪斯 我只是在说 |
[14:19] | is having a connection with a patient. | 你和病人产生了某种共鸣 |
[14:21] | This is a good thing. | 是件好事 |
[14:22] | It’s not a good thing, ’cause it’s not a thing. | 不是好事 因为根本就没这回事 |
[14:24] | It is a thing… which she’ll prove | 有 等她的父母到了 |
[14:26] | when her parents show up | 你开始保护她 |
[14:28] | and you start protecting her from them. | 一切就不言自明了 |
[14:36] | The sound I make is, | 我的叫声是 |
[14:39] | moooo! | “哞” |
[14:41] | The sound I make is, | 我的叫声是 |
[14:44] | quack quack quack quack quack. | “呱呱呱” |
[15:10] | Moo. | 哞 |
[15:18] | The sound is quack. | 这个声音是”呱” |
[15:29] | I’m an ass. | 我就是一混蛋 |
[15:31] | On the plus side, I can now program my DVR from my phone. | 好处就是我可以用电话控制录像机了 |
[15:34] | They are kind of boring. | 他们是挺无趣的 |
[15:36] | All kids, not just yours. | 不只是你的 所有孩子都是 |
[15:38] | Very helpful. | 真安慰啊 |
[15:40] | You need to log more hours. | 你得多跟她们相处 |
[15:41] | Eventually, you’ll pass boredom and get to bonding. | 最终 无趣褪去 形成感情牵绊 |
[15:44] | Kind of like Stockholm syndrome. | 有点像斯德哥尔摩症 |
[15:47] | I heard the nurses talking. | 我听到护士的谈话了 |
[15:48] | You called Social Services for real. | 你真的打给社会服务部了 |
[15:50] | Because you shouldn’t be living on your own. | 因为你不该自己一个人住 |
[15:51] | Right, better my mom should use me as a punching bag. | 没错 继续给我妈当出气包就好了 |
[15:54] | If your mom abused you, | 如果你妈妈虐待你 |
[15:56] | Social Services won’t let you go home with her. | 社会服务部不会让你和她住的 |
[15:59] | Have I mentioned I don’t trust the system? | 我说过我不信任这个社会吗 |
[16:01] | We don’t know if you’re better yet. | 我们还不能判断你是否好转了 |
[16:02] | You can’t just take off. | 你现在不能走 |
[16:06] | Uh, can we help you? | 有什么可以帮忙的吗 |
[16:07] | I’m Adele Brown from Social Services, and this is– | 我是社会服务部的阿黛尔.布朗 这是… |
[16:09] | I’m Ellen Rogers. | 我是艾伦·罗杰斯 |
[16:11] | Callie’s mother. | 凯莉的妈妈 |
[16:13] | You haven’t been that for two years. | 早在两年前你就不是我妈了 |
[16:15] | I promise… | 我保证… |
[16:17] | Things are different. | 现在不一样了 |
[16:17] | Two sentences in, and you’re already making promises. | 才说两句话 你就开始承诺了 |
[16:20] | Okay, maybe we need to take a minute here | 让我们都冷静一下 |
[16:22] | and give Callie some space. | 给凯莉一些空间 |
[16:23] | No, I don’t need a minute. I need her out of my life. | 我不需要冷静 我要她滚出我的生活 |
[16:26] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[16:27] | I will be once you just… | 我会好的只要你… |
[16:30] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[16:32] | We need help in here! | 快来帮忙 |
[16:42] | – Go! – And they’re off! | -加油 -比赛开始 |
[16:44] | You bet 100 bucks on a turtle race? | 你在乌龟比赛上赌了一百块吗 |
[16:46] | I paid Mr. Chips 5 bucks to take a dive. | 我付给乌龟”奇普斯”五块钱 让它假输 |
[16:51] | The bleeding stopped on its own. | 流血自己停了 |
[16:53] | She got worse after being on steroids, | 注射类固醇后她的病情更严重了 |
[16:55] | so autoimmune is out. | 所以不是自身免疫病 |
[16:56] | Diagnosis depends on whether the blood was coming from | 诊断结果取决于出血是来自她的鼻窦 |
[16:58] | the sinuses, lungs, or her guts. | 肺 还是消化道 |
[17:01] | Mr. Chips looks like he wants it. | 奇普斯看起来求胜欲不小 |
[17:04] | 100 bucks says he’ll make soup out of Franklin. | 赌一百块它会大胜富兰克林 |
[17:08] | You’re on. | 放马过来吧 |
[17:10] | How’d the mom seem to you? | 你觉得那个妈妈怎么样 |
[17:12] | If you’re asking him if she looks like someone | 如果你是想问他那个女人长得 |
[17:13] | who beat her kid, you’re a moron. | 像不像打孩子的主 你就太蠢了 |
[17:15] | Move your ass, Mr. Chips! | 奇普斯老龟 出击啊 |
[17:35] | You should have seen her face when mom walked in. | 你该看看她看到她妈走进来时的表情 |
[17:38] | Callie hates her. I don’t think she’s lying. | 凯莉恨她妈妈 我觉得她没说谎 |
[17:40] | Because people never lie about people they hate. | 因为人们从不对自己讨厌的人添油加醋 |
[17:42] | Big sinus bleed could be sinusitis and a bleeding disorder. | 大量鼻窦出血可能是鼻窦炎外加出血性疾病 |
[17:45] | She didn’t complain about a headache. | 她没有头痛 |
[17:47] | The bleeding is in her gut. | 出血是在她的消化道 |
[17:48] | Could be Zollinger-Ellison. | 可能是卓-安式综合征 |
[17:49] | Acid reflux causes asthma, | 反酸导致了哮喘 |
[17:51] | and the acid erodes the stomach, causing the bleeding. | 胃酸侵蚀了胃壁 导致了出血 |
[17:55] | Yes! | 好的 |
[17:57] | Franklin rules. | 富兰克林赢了 |
[17:59] | Mr. Chips drools. | 奇普斯惨败 |
[18:02] | Mr. Chips’s owner only feeds him on apples and bananas. | 奇普斯的主人只喂它苹果和香蕉 |
[18:05] | Nowhere near enough vitamin A. | 严重缺乏维他命A |
[18:06] | Pay up. | 付钱吧 |
[18:07] | And do an upper endoscopy | 做个上消化道内窥镜检查 |
[18:08] | to confirm for Zollinger-Ellison, | 确认一下是否为卓-安式综合征 |
[18:11] | after mommie dearest has given her permission. | 先征求亲爱妈咪的同意 |
[18:13] | Ellen shouldn’t have consent if she beat her daughter. | 如果艾伦打孩子 她不会同意的 |
[18:15] | Doesn’t matter if she beat her daughter. | 她打不打孩子不重要 |
[18:17] | Only matters if Social Services says she beat her daughter. | 唯一重要的是社会服务部怎么看 |
[18:21] | Good thing you made it all official. | 这就是官方接手的好处 |
[18:26] | Will the endoscopy be painful? | 内窥镜检查痛吗 |
[18:29] | Is that an issue? | 你会担心这个吗 |
[18:32] | It’s a medical procedure. | 这是医疗检查 |
[18:34] | There will be some discomfort. | 会引起不适 |
[18:35] | I never meant to hurt my daughter. | 我从没想过伤害我的女儿 |
[18:39] | And yet you hit her. | 但你打了她 |
[18:41] | She told you that? | 她这么告诉你的吗 |
[18:43] | And now you’re gonna tell me you didn’t. | 而你现在要告诉我你没有了 |
[18:47] | I’m a drug addict. | 我有毒瘾 |
[18:49] | And I’ve been a lousy mom. | 我也是个很差劲的母亲 |
[18:53] | Especially since my husband died. | 特别是在我丈夫死后 |
[18:56] | I mean, he was closer to Callie than I was, | 他和凯莉比我和她更亲近 |
[18:58] | and I missed him… | 我想念他 |
[19:00] | So much. | 非常想念他 |
[19:02] | And it was too hard. | 这一切对我来说太难了 |
[19:04] | And taking oxy just… | 吸毒… |
[19:06] | made things easier. | 让我觉得生活没那么艰难了 |
[19:09] | Right up until it made me lose my daughter. | 直到我失去了我的女儿 |
[19:14] | I hurt Callie a lot. | 我伤凯莉伤得很深 |
[19:17] | But one of the only things that I can feel okay about | 但我唯一欣慰的事情 |
[19:20] | is that I never hit her. | 就是我从没打过她 |
[19:33] | Didn’t peg you as the midday fun kind of guy. | 没想到你还是个中午找乐子的主 |
[19:36] | So glad I was wrong. | 很高兴你是 |
[19:40] | Unfortunately, that’s not why we’re here. | 遗憾的是 这不是我们在这儿的原因 |
[19:47] | Remember that guy from the restaurant yesterday? | 还记得昨天在餐馆遇到的那个人吗 |
[19:53] | He’s got pictures of us. | 他拍了我们的照片 |
[19:55] | He’s threatening to show your husband. | 他威胁要把照片拿给你丈夫看 |
[19:57] | I thought you said that guy was one of your best doctors. | 我记得你说他是你手下最好的医生之一 |
[20:00] | Yeah, not one of my best people. | 没错 但他不是什么好人 |
[20:04] | We’ve gotta stop seeing each other. | 我们不能再见面了 |
[20:07] | Not necessarily. | 不用这么紧张 |
[20:08] | I told my husband about you. | 我早告诉我丈夫这事儿了 |
[20:12] | What? | 什么 |
[20:14] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[20:15] | He was saying that things had been better lately | 他说最近我和他之间的关系改善了 |
[20:18] | between him and I, that I was happier. | 我更高兴了 |
[20:21] | I said that I was. | 我说我确实是 |
[20:23] | And that you were the reason. | 而你就是原因 |
[20:25] | And…he was okay with that? | 而…他也没意见吗 |
[20:28] | Not initially. | 刚开始有意见 |
[20:29] | It was a pretty tough conversation. | 经过了一次艰难的谈话 |
[20:31] | Neither of us is ready to give up on the marriage. | 我们都还没准备好离婚 |
[20:34] | And I am not ready to give up this. | 我也不准备放弃你 |
[20:41] | You don’t have to feel so guilty anymore. | 你不用再觉得有罪恶感了 |
[20:57] | You didn’t need to shoot yourself. | 你根本不用朝自己开枪的 |
[20:59] | I could have given you a Section 8. | 我可以直接让你被开除军籍 |
[21:03] | We’ve hit the drills pretty hard, | 我们训练强度太大了 |
[21:04] | and by the fourth round, my hand went numb. | 到第四轮的时候 我的手不听使唤了 |
[21:06] | The gun slipped and… | 枪滑落了 然后… |
[21:07] | I only had blanks in it, but… | 枪里装的是空包弹 但是… |
[21:09] | It’s funny how nearly shooting your toe off | 真有趣 你差点射掉脚趾 |
[21:11] | cured that speech impediment. | 但却治好了语言困难症 |
[21:13] | Ah. Yeah. Sorry about that. | 那个啊 很抱歉 |
[21:15] | Sheldon’s a…progressive. | 谢尔登是个激进派 |
[21:17] | Eh, compared to who? | 像谁呢 |
[21:19] | Rupert Murdoch? | 鲁伯特·默多克吗[新闻集团总裁] |
[21:20] | Progressives are reenactors | 激进派是些在重演历史过程中 |
[21:22] | who strive for complete authenticity. | 追求完全逼真的一群人 |
[21:23] | They never drop character while in uniform. | 只要穿着戏服他们就保持入戏状态 |
[21:26] | Whereas you just dabble in crazy. | 这么看来你还没有那么疯狂 |
[21:31] | Sheldon and I had a big falling out years ago. | 几年前我和谢尔登吵翻了 |
[21:33] | We only really started talking again | 全是因为这些重演活动 |
[21:35] | because of the reenactments. | 我们才又开始说话了 |
[21:37] | They, uh… | 这些活动 |
[21:39] | gave me my brother back. | 让我和兄弟和好如初 |
[21:41] | That’s a very moving story. | 你这故事太感人了 |
[21:42] | Be a lot more affecting if you hadn’t | 要不是你们俩参与这么个破活动 |
[21:44] | bonded over something so completely idiotic. | 你们的故事会更打动人 |
[21:53] | Your mom didn’t hit you, did she? | 你妈妈没打过你 是吗 |
[21:57] | No. | 没有 |
[21:58] | Then why’d you lie about it? | 那你为什么说谎呢 |
[22:03] | Because I wanted to get out of here. | 因为我想要离开这里 |
[22:05] | People understand getting hit | 相比我妈的所作所为 |
[22:07] | more than what my mom does. | 说挨打更容易为别人理解 |
[22:09] | Tell me. Maybe I’ll understand. | 告诉我 说不定我能理解 |
[22:15] | Well, I was the mom. | 当娘的活儿全是我干的 |
[22:19] | She couldn’t keep a job. | 她保不住工作 |
[22:21] | She’d spend all her money on pills. | 花光积蓄嗑药 |
[22:23] | I had to get a job. | 我只好去找工作 |
[22:25] | Double shifts, just to keep the power on. | 加班加点 勉强保证家里的水电煤 |
[22:27] | Keep food in the house. | 保证我们有东西吃 |
[22:30] | I couldn’t tell you how many times she nearly O.D.ed | 数不清有多少次她差点吸毒过量 |
[22:32] | and I had to clean her up and put her in bed. | 我得帮她擦洗干净 服侍她上床 |
[22:38] | So I decided, if I was gonna be the grown-up, | 最后我决定了 如果要当个大人 |
[22:40] | I’d rather do it on my own terms. | 我宁愿为自己而活 |
[22:51] | Your mom knows she messed up. | 你妈知道她不象样 |
[22:53] | She’s determined not to do it again. | 她决定要洗心革面 |
[22:55] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[22:58] | And she’ll feel that way, | 她会想要洗心革面 |
[22:59] | right up until things get too tough | 直到遇到困难克服不了 |
[23:00] | and she has to start using again. | 她又会重新开始吸毒 |
[23:11] | Do you think people can change? | 你觉得人会改变吗 |
[23:14] | No. | 不会 |
[23:15] | But I don’t think that’s gonna change your opinion, | 但我知道这么说改变不了你的看法 |
[23:17] | because… people don’t change. | 因为 人不会改变 |
[23:24] | Stop. | 停下 |
[23:25] | – Is that an ulcer? – Yeah, it is. | -那是溃疡吗 -是的 |
[23:27] | But we haven’t reached the stomach yet. | 但还没到胃部 |
[23:29] | I’m still high in the esophagus. | 还在食道中 |
[23:31] | Means it’s not Zollinger-Ellison. | 说明不是卓-艾氏综合症 |
[23:34] | Ulcer’s bleeding. | 溃疡出血了 |
[23:36] | We need to lavage before she drowns in her own blood. | 得快清洗免得她被血呛着 |
[23:43] | Cauterized the ulcer, stopped the bleeding. | 我们灼平了溃疡 止住了出血 |
[23:45] | Compromised immune system from living on the street | 露宿街头让她的免疫系统受损 |
[23:47] | could have made her susceptible to HPV. | 使她容易感染人类乳头状病毒 |
[23:48] | HPV was covered on the STD panel. | 人类乳头状病毒在性病筛查时检查过了 |
[23:50] | She’s negative. | 结果是阴性的 |
[23:51] | What if she didn’t get this from being homeless? | 要是这病不是因为无家可归呢 |
[23:53] | What if she got it from her mom? | 要是是从她妈那边得来的呢 |
[23:54] | I’m assuming you’re thinking something genetic, because… | 我想你应该是在说基因类的疾病 因为… |
[23:57] | I’m thinking addiction. | 我在考虑酒瘾 |
[23:58] | Alcohol-induced esophagitis. | 酒精引起的食道炎 |
[24:00] | Explains esophageal ulcers and her other symptoms. | 解释得通食道溃疡和其它症状 |
[24:03] | If only it would explain | 那怎么解释 |
[24:04] | why we’ve never seen her drunk, | 为什么没见过她醉酒 |
[24:05] | drinking, or detoxing. | 喝酒或是戒断反应呢 |
[24:07] | Her blood pressure’s been elevated. | 她的血压有点高 |
[24:08] | Could be the DTs. | 可能是谵妄型震颤 |
[24:09] | It’s been mildly elevated. | 是稍微有点高 |
[24:11] | Mildly elevated BP | 轻微高血压 |
[24:12] | could put her at risk of a Berry Aneurysm. | 可能导致脑底动脉瘤 |
[24:15] | Weak blood vessel in the brain | 脑部纤细的血管 |
[24:17] | gets pounded on by elevated BP, | 受到轻微高血压的冲击 |
[24:19] | causes it to expand and contract. | 不停地收缩扩张 |
[24:22] | Causes the symptoms to come and go. | 导致症状时有时无 |
[24:24] | CT didn’t show any signs of an aneurysm. | CT看不出有动脉瘤的迹象 |
[24:26] | Did I mention they come and go? | 我提过动脉瘤会时有时无吗 |
[24:27] | Much as your presence may cause | 虽然你的存在 |
[24:29] | objects to become engorged with blood, | 足以让有些器官充血 |
[24:31] | sometimes aneurysms just aren’t in the mood. | 但有些时候动脉瘤们就是没那个心情 |
[24:33] | Alcoholism and Berry Aneurysm | 酗酒和脑底动脉瘤 |
[24:35] | are both valid theories. | 都有可能 |
[24:36] | I think we should discuss this with the patient and her mom. | 我觉得我们该和病人及她妈讨论下 |
[24:38] | Why? We discussed it right here. | 何必呢 我们这不是讨论过了嘛 |
[24:39] | Go tell ’em she needs a cerebral angiogram | 告诉她们要做个脑血管造影图 |
[24:42] | to locate the aneurysm, | 来确认动脉瘤的位置 |
[24:43] | then surgery to repair. | 然后通过手术切除 |
[24:47] | Brain surgery? | 要做脑手术 |
[24:49] | When? | 什么时候 |
[24:50] | We booked the O.R. for an hour from now. | 我们预定了一个小时后的手术室 |
[24:53] | And Dr. House is sure that’s what she has? | 豪斯医生肯定她得的是这个病吗 |
[24:56] | He’s confident in the diagnosis. | 他对诊断很有自信 |
[24:57] | It’s consistent with all of her symptoms. | 符合她所有的症状 |
[25:01] | But you don’t buy it. | 但你有不同意见 |
[25:05] | No. | 是的 |
[25:07] | I think your symptoms are the result | 我认为你的症状是由于 |
[25:09] | of alcohol abuse. | 酗酒造成的 |
[25:11] | But I’m not, I’m not an alcoholic. | 我没有酗酒 |
[25:13] | You came to the hospital with beer in your pocket. | 你来医院的时候包里带着啤酒 |
[25:15] | We found more alcohol at your house. | 我们在你住处又找到很多酒 |
[25:16] | Yeah, I use booze as payment. | 我用酒来付账 |
[25:18] | I have an occasional beer with my friends. | 偶尔也喝朋友喝喝啤酒 |
[25:20] | That doesn’t mean I have a problem. | 这并不说明我有酗酒的问题啊 |
[25:26] | I want the surgery. | 我要做那个手术 |
[25:28] | Actually, it’s your mom’s decision. | 实际上 决定权在你妈手上 |
[25:37] | I’m not an addict. | 我没有酒瘾 |
[25:38] | That’s what I always said to you, Callie, | 凯莉 我以前也一直这么对你说 |
[25:40] | – but I had a problem. – I’m nothing like you! | -但我确实有问题 -我不是你 |
[25:47] | Tell them to do the surgery. | 让他们给我做手术 |
[25:54] | I need a few minutes to think. | 给我点时间考虑下 |
[26:03] | The patient asked me what I thought. | 病人问我的想法是什么 |
[26:05] | I pay you to think inside this room. | 我付你工资是让你在这间办公室里有想法 |
[26:07] | Outside this room, I pay you to parrot. | 在外面你只要复述我的话就可以了 |
[26:08] | It’s her choice. She has the right to know! | 这是她的选择 她有权知道真相 |
[26:11] | It’s a medical choice | 这只是个医学上的选择 |
[26:12] | that you turned into an extension | 你却硬要把选择牵扯成 |
[26:13] | of your baggage and hers. | 你和她的意见 |
[26:15] | You told the mom something you want to believe | 你告诉她妈你所想要相信的事情 |
[26:17] | because you don’t want to believe | 因为你不愿相信 |
[26:18] | that this girl might be doing fine parent-free. | 这个女孩在没有父母监护的环境下会活得很好 |
[26:20] | Which also happens to be what the mom wants to believe. | 正好她妈也是这么考虑的 |
[26:22] | You think she wants to feel responsible | 你觉得她愿意为 |
[26:23] | for her daughter’s illness? | 女儿的病负责任吗 |
[26:24] | That woman sees everything to do with her daughter through… | 那女人把她女儿所有的遭遇 |
[26:27] | guilt-colored glasses. | 都归咎于自己 |
[26:29] | It’s all her fault. | 都是她的错 |
[26:37] | House… | 豪斯 |
[26:40] | Don’t…bully her. | 你别去骂她 |
[26:42] | She’s overwhelmed enough. | 她现在已经受够了 |
[26:45] | It’s nothing compared to what she will feel | 当她女儿因为她的错误选择 |
[26:46] | when her daughter dies from the aneurysm | 而死于动脉瘤的时候 |
[26:48] | she decided not to treat. | 更有她受得了 |
[27:09] | You must be Dr. House. | 你就是豪斯医生吧 |
[27:12] | I save my appearances | 我只有在 |
[27:14] | for when parents are on the brink of doing something | 病人父母将要做愚蠢至极的事情前 |
[27:16] | incredibly stupid. | 才会露面 |
[27:19] | Your daughter has a Berry Aneurysm. | 你女儿得了脑底动脉瘤 |
[27:21] | She needs surgery. | 她需要动手术 |
[27:23] | What she does not need is you making this | 她不需要你 |
[27:26] | or any other decision. | 来做替她做决定 |
[27:29] | Well, I can’t just | 我不能 |
[27:31] | leave this up to her. | 让她做这个决定 |
[27:32] | Then leave it up to me, | 那把决定权给我 |
[27:33] | and just leave. | 你可以走了 |
[27:37] | I’m not gonna abandon my daughter. | 我不会抛弃我女儿的 |
[27:40] | She hates you. | 她恨你 |
[27:47] | It’s actually not such a big deal. | 那倒不是什么大问题 |
[27:48] | There’s plenty of kids who hate their parents. | 很多孩子都恨他们的父母 |
[27:50] | What makes it a big deal is that she should hate you. | 重要的是她有理由恨你 |
[27:55] | Playing the biology card doesn’t change anything | 打亲血牌什么都改变不了 |
[27:58] | except where she lives. | 除了能决定她该住哪 |
[28:00] | Your daughter is better off without you. | 没有你你女儿过得更好 |
[28:03] | So…let her be better off without you. | 所以…让她自己好好过吧 |
[28:11] | I’m gonna do the surgery. | 我要去给她做手术了 |
[28:13] | I’ll take the fallout from Social Services. | 我会解决社会服务部门的遗留问题 |
[28:35] | Dr. House! | 豪斯医生 |
[28:45] | My daughter’s care is my choice. | 关心我女儿是我的选择 |
[28:48] | And so is this. | 这也是 |
[28:50] | Treat her for alcoholism. | 按酗酒者治疗她 |
[28:59] | Why would Anita | 安妮塔为什么要 |
[29:01] | tell her husband about our affair? | 告诉她丈夫我们偷情的事 |
[29:03] | Probably just got sick of lying. | 也许是不想再撒谎了 |
[29:05] | Look at it this way. | 你应该这么想 |
[29:06] | Now the sex is both commitment- and guilt-free. | 现在你跟她滚床单既不用负责也不用内疚了 |
[29:09] | And men love commitment-free sex. | 男人都喜欢不用负责的性爱 |
[29:13] | Yes, they do. | 没错 他们就是这样 |
[29:15] | Oh, yes, they do! | 没错 他们就是这样 |
[29:18] | They’re gonna find out eventually. | 她们最终也会明白的 |
[29:24] | How do you keep doing the same thing over and over | 你怎么能不断重复做着一件事 |
[29:26] | with the same level of enthusiasm? | 还保持同样的热情呢 |
[29:27] | First off, be a decent, empathetic person. | 首先 要做一个正直的考虑别人感受的人 |
[29:31] | This is what you said you wanted, | 你说过这正是你想要的 |
[29:32] | but you’re actually more upset | 但她丈夫知道后 |
[29:33] | now that her husband knows. | 你反而更沮丧了 |
[29:34] | – ‘Cause I’m hurting him. – You always were. | -因为我在伤害他 -以前也是 |
[29:36] | Yeah, but he didn’t know that. | 没错 但那时他不知道 |
[29:37] | Which means he wasn’t really hurt. | 那意味着他并没有真正意义上的受伤 |
[29:40] | Yeah, I know it’s a rationalization, | 我知道这只是自欺欺人 |
[29:42] | but it went a long way | 但我花了好久才 |
[29:43] | to making me feel… | 稍微感觉… |
[29:44] | A little less guilty about seeing her. | 和她约会没那么内疚了 |
[29:46] | Looks like you’re gonna need | 看来你得找个更好的理由 |
[29:47] | a bigger rationalization. | 来说服自己了 |
[29:54] | Social Services report came in on your mom. | 社会服务部门发来了你母亲的报告 |
[29:56] | Ah, let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[29:57] | She passed with flying colors. | 她高分通过了 |
[30:00] | She always does. | 她总这样 |
[30:04] | I think she might make it this time. | 我认为她这次是认真的 |
[30:07] | House left a bottle of Vicodin | 豪斯留下一瓶维科丁 |
[30:08] | to see if she’d steal it. | 想看看她是否会偷走 |
[30:10] | She gave it back. | 她还了回去 |
[30:16] | You could at least let her sleep in the room. | 你至少可以让她在这里睡 |
[30:19] | She could have listened to me about my drinking. | 关于喝酒的事她本该相信我 |
[30:22] | I mean, even if you are right about it, | 我的意思是就算你是对的 |
[30:23] | why take your word over mine? | 为什么她信你不信我 |
[30:25] | I’m her daughter. | 我是她女儿 |
[30:28] | Because it… | 因为… |
[30:29] | She’s your mom. | 她是你母亲 |
[30:31] | And, for the first time, she’s acting like it. | 而且这是第一次她表现得像个母亲 |
[30:39] | It’s a little late for that. | 已经有点晚了 |
[30:43] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[31:02] | Morning! | 早上好 |
[31:03] | I heard you went head-to-head with the mom. | 我听说你去和那母亲面对面的交流了 |
[31:05] | Not for your reasons. | 不是为了你想的理由 |
[31:06] | You’re protecting the girl. | 你是在保护那女孩 |
[31:07] | I’m protecting my diagnosis. | 我是在捍卫我的诊断结果 |
[31:09] | And you tested her– | 你还试探她 |
[31:10] | see if you could get her back on drugs | 是想知道她是否会重新沾上毒品 |
[31:11] | and out of her daughter’s life. | 并再次离开她女儿 |
[31:12] | That was to show Adams that mommie dearest | 那是为了向亚当斯证明妈妈的最爱 |
[31:15] | hadn’t changed. | 从来没有变过 |
[31:16] | I’m taking a principled stand against idealism. | 我坚决反对这类理想主义 |
[31:19] | Your patient’s stable? | 你的病人还稳定吗 |
[31:22] | Well, maybe Adams was right. | 也许亚当斯是对的 |
[31:24] | The illness is alcohol-related. | 病因与酒精有关 |
[31:25] | Well, I hope so, | 但愿如此 |
[31:27] | considering it’s what we’re treating her for. | 考虑到我们正在以此为根据进行治疗 |
[31:28] | You–you hope you’re wrong | 你居然为了病人 |
[31:31] | for the sake of the patient? | 希望自己是错的 |
[31:34] | I hope that I’m right | 我希望我是对的 |
[31:36] | but the aneurism bursts without killing her. | 但也希望动脉瘤破裂不会杀死她 |
[31:39] | Call me a softie. | 我就是如此软弱 |
[31:43] | Or the mom agrees to an autopsy | 或者她母亲同意我进行尸检 |
[31:45] | so I can prove it. | 让我证明我是对的也行 |
[31:52] | Your patients love you because you’re empathetic. | 你的病人们喜欢你因为你富有同情心 |
[31:57] | I also have kind eyes. | 我也有双善良的眼睛 |
[31:59] | Why are you here? | 你为什么在这 |
[32:00] | But you don’t love all your patients? | 但你并不喜欢你所有的病人对吧 |
[32:04] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[32:05] | I’ll–I’ll bet some of them bore you. | 我打赌有些也会让你觉得无聊 |
[32:08] | Dull people get cancer too. | 无趣的人也会得癌症 |
[32:09] | Why are you here? | 你为什么在这 |
[32:10] | But you…fake an interest in them | 但你…假装对他们感兴趣 |
[32:12] | because you needed to, right? | 因为你必须这样做 是吗 |
[32:14] | And if you do it long enough, | 而且如果你装的时间足够长 |
[32:15] | it becomes real? | 那感情就会变成真的了吗 |
[32:17] | Well, no, | 并非如此 |
[32:18] | because the interest isn’t fake. | 因为兴趣不是假装出来的 |
[32:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:23] | Because you realize they’re not dull. | 因为你意识到他们并不是真笨 |
[32:26] | It was just your misinterpretation of them. | 只是你误解了他们 |
[32:28] | I just haven’t found a way to make them interesting yet. | 我只是还没找到他们的兴趣点而已 |
[32:32] | It’s all about common ground. | 这就是个共同点的问题 |
[32:33] | You found one thing you both like or hate. | 你总能找到一样你们都喜欢或讨厌的东西 |
[32:36] | John Woo movies, | 吴宇森的电影 |
[32:37] | romance novels, kale. | 爱情小说 万人迷 |
[32:43] | Sometimes, the best way to connect with someone | 有时候和某人建立联系的最佳方法就是 |
[32:45] | is stop thinking about them and focus on yourself. | 不去想他们想要什么而是关注自身 |
[32:50] | Wh–uhh. What is this about? | 这一切是为了什么 |
[32:52] | Not everything has an agenda. | 并非事事都有是目的性的 |
[32:55] | See ya. | 回见 |
[33:01] | I told him because it was the right thing to do. | 我告诉他因为理应如此 |
[33:04] | Right. | 没错 |
[33:05] | This doesn’t change anything between us. | 这不会对我俩造成任何影响 |
[33:07] | It sort of does for me. | 对我有点影响 |
[33:12] | Y-you want to stop seeing each other? | 你不想再见面了吗 |
[33:13] | No. | 不是 |
[33:17] | I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[33:20] | Maybe you could tell your husband that we did. | 也许你可以告诉你丈夫我们分手了 |
[33:23] | And then go back to sneaking around | 然后再背着他 |
[33:25] | behind his back? | 和你在一起 |
[33:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[33:29] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么想让我这么做 |
[33:32] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我… |
[33:34] | This just feels… | 现在这样我觉得… |
[33:37] | Wrong. | 是不对的 |
[33:42] | I th–I think I’m gonna go. | 我想我该走了 |
[34:02] | Ohh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[34:04] | We thought it was the salt pork. | 我们本以为是腌猪肉的问题 |
[34:07] | But all the menfolk been eatin’ it, | 但所有人都吃了 |
[34:08] | and we the only ones that’s sick. | 只有我们俩病了 |
[34:21] | Which one of you is the cheap bastard? | 你们俩谁是财迷 |
[34:25] | Your uniforms. | 你们的制服 |
[34:27] | They’re not wool. They’re polyester. | 不是羊毛而是涤纶的 |
[34:29] | Cheap polyester. | 还是便宜的涤纶 |
[34:30] | Which gets processed with a heavy metal | 在制作过程中会粘上一种叫做 |
[34:32] | called antimony. | 锑的重金属 |
[34:33] | You wear badly processed polyester | 你们一直穿着被重金属污染了 |
[34:35] | all day and night for days and nights, | 一整天的涤纶制服 |
[34:37] | you get antimony poisoning | 使得你们锑中毒 |
[34:38] | which caused your diarrhea | 导致腹泻 |
[34:40] | and your numbness in your hands. | 和你的双手麻木 |
[34:43] | And your collective vomiting. | 还有你们俩集体呕吐 |
[34:46] | Polyester uniforms? | 涤纶的制服 |
[34:50] | I was being authentic. | 我只是在还原历史 |
[34:51] | With polyester uniforms? | 用涤纶的制服吗 |
[34:52] | The Confederacy gave men $21 every six months– | 当时政府每六个月只给士兵21美元 |
[34:55] | – You poisoned us both. – At least I have principles. | -你害我们两个都中毒了 -至少我有原则 |
[34:57] | Because they don’t cost anything. | 因为原则不要钱 |
[34:59] | Brother against brother. | 手足相残 |
[35:00] | Now, that is authentic. | 这下真实了 |
[35:17] | I know you don’t want me here, | 我知道你不想看到我 |
[35:18] | but, um… | 但是 |
[35:20] | They had banana muffins downstairs. | 楼下餐厅有香蕉松饼 |
[35:25] | Reminded me of our St. Pete’s trip. | 让我想到那次我们去圣彼得斯堡旅行 |
[35:29] | Remember? | 还记得吗 |
[35:31] | We used to walk and get some | 那时候我们每天早上一起散步 |
[35:33] | every morning at that bakery. | 都去蛋糕房买一些 |
[35:38] | I guess. | 好像有这回事 |
[35:49] | Were you high on that trip? | 那次旅行中你也吸毒了吗 |
[35:55] | Not when we were together. | 和你在一起的时候没有 |
[35:59] | I used to wait until you went to bed. | 我都会等到你睡了以后 |
[36:10] | You can stay. | 你可以留下 |
[36:13] | If you want. | 如果你愿意 |
[36:17] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[36:27] | Mm. It’s not bad. | 好吃 |
[36:33] | What’s happening? | 她怎么了 |
[36:35] | Is this from the alcohol treatment? | 是酒精治疗造成的吗 |
[36:37] | I was wrong. | 我判断错了 |
[36:38] | The Berry aneurysm must have just burst. | 一定是颅内小动脉瘤破裂 |
[36:44] | Temporal lobes are clear. | 颞叶没有出血 |
[36:46] | Parietal, clear. | 顶叶也没有 |
[36:47] | Get me a micro-vascular clip tray | 给我一套显微动脉瘤夹 |
[36:48] | as well as the occlusion. | 还有闭合器 |
[36:50] | Check the ventricles. | 检查脑室 |
[36:52] | Ventricles are clear too. | 脑室也没有 |
[36:54] | Aneurysm must have leaked instead of burst. | 动脉瘤一定是发生了渗漏 不是破裂 |
[36:56] | Inject the dye. | 注射染色剂 |
[37:07] | Posterior cerebral clear. | 大脑后动脉没有 |
[37:09] | Vertebral clear. | 椎动脉也没有 |
[37:10] | Circle of Willis also clear. | 威利斯血管环也没有 |
[37:13] | She doesn’t have a Berry aneurysm. | 她没有颅内小动脉瘤 |
[37:23] | Her BP’s dropping. Start her on pressors. | 血压正在下降 用增压仪 |
[37:25] | We gotta get her BP up | 必须在器官衰竭前 |
[37:26] | before her organs start shutting down. | 让血压升起来 |
[37:27] | Adams… with me. | 亚当斯 到我这里来 |
[37:30] | Pressors will only give us a couple hours, max. | 增压仪最多只能为我们争取几小时时间 |
[37:33] | What causes breathing issues, | 什么会导致呼吸问题 |
[37:34] | bleeding issues, paralysis, | 出血和偏瘫 |
[37:36] | loss of consciousness? | 还有失去意识 |
[37:37] | What are we missing? | 我们遗漏了什么 |
[37:38] | That’s everything bad that’s happened. | 这些都是负面事件 |
[37:40] | What about the good stuff? | 正面的效果呢 |
[37:41] | You mean like we should be more optimistic? | 你的意思是我们应该乐观起来吗 |
[37:43] | She got a little better when we put her on steroids, | 使用类固醇时病情略有好转 |
[37:45] | which can attack tumor cells. | 而类固醇能攻击肿瘤细胞 |
[37:46] | Maybe she has cancer. | 她可能患有癌症 |
[37:48] | No hypercalcemia, no elevated blood proteins. | 没有血钙升高 血蛋白也没有升高 |
[37:51] | She and her mom mentioned a trip they took to Florida | 她和她母亲提到几年前曾经 |
[37:53] | a couple years ago– what about Dengue fever? | 去佛罗里达旅行 会不会是登革热 |
[37:55] | Cholera? | 霍乱 |
[37:56] | Great ideas, if Dengue fever | 奇思妙想 除非登革热和霍乱 |
[37:58] | or cholera laid in wait for two years | 能够潜伏两年之久 |
[37:59] | before suddenly… | 然后一夕之间… |
[38:12] | Did your biological daughter go swimming in Florida? | 你的亲生女儿有在佛罗里达游过泳吗 |
[38:16] | In a lake or a pond or an everglade? | 湖里 池塘 或者湿地 |
[38:18] | Uh…Yeah. | 有吧 |
[38:20] | There’s a canal near my mother’s house. | 我母亲家附近有条水渠 |
[38:23] | Do you know what’s wrong with her? | 你知道她的病因了吗 |
[38:25] | Family vacations kill. | 家庭旅行害死人 |
[38:29] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[38:30] | Don’t want to explain this twice. | 不想解释两次 |
[38:37] | You’re letting in the flies. And she needs an LVAD. | 你带菌进来了 她需要心室辅助器 |
[38:39] | No, she doesn’t. | 不 她不需要 |
[38:41] | Your daughter has ascariasis. | 你女儿得的是蛔虫病 |
[38:43] | It’s a disease caused by a parasitic worm | 是粪便中的寄生虫 |
[38:46] | found in feces. | 引起的疾病 |
[38:48] | Animals use the canal as a potty, | 水渠就是动物的公厕 |
[38:50] | the eggs from the feces ended up in Callie’s intestines | 凯莉游泳时 寄生虫虫卵 |
[38:53] | when she went swimming… | 进入了她的肠子 |
[38:55] | Where they hung out, | 它们在那里生长 |
[38:56] | quietly and asymptomatically, | 悄无声息 没有引起症状 |
[38:58] | biding their time till, somewhere along the way, | 积蓄力量 直到有一天 |
[39:00] | they got knocked loose. | 突然被击散了 |
[39:01] | Maybe a dive in volleyball practice | 可能是排球练习中的一次扑救 |
[39:04] | or maybe she slipped on her way into a soup kitchen. | 也可能是厨房里的一次滑倒 |
[39:06] | But once they hatched, | 一旦散播开来 |
[39:08] | the worms got to work on her lungs, | 寄生虫开始破坏她的肺部 |
[39:09] | her ear, the nerves in her legs. | 耳和腿部神经 |
[39:11] | The worms got agitated by the steroids we gave her, | 这些虫被我们施用的类固醇所刺激 |
[39:14] | which started them on their journey to the esophagus | 从而向食管移动 |
[39:16] | and, ultimately, to the heart. | 并且最终到达心脏 |
[39:20] | A few pills of Mebendazole… | 几片甲苯咪唑 |
[39:22] | She’ll be fine. | 她就没事了 |
[39:33] | She’s feeling much better. | 她感觉好多了 |
[39:34] | Walking on her own. | 可以自己走动了 |
[39:35] | Getting along with her mother? | 跟她母亲相处得好吗 |
[39:36] | As long as I keep bringing her muffins. | 只要我继续带松饼来 |
[39:40] | Did someone come take her for a test? | 有人带她去做检查了吗 |
[40:17] | Callie agrees with you… | 凯莉的想法和你一样 |
[40:20] | That people don’t change. | 人是不会变的 |
[40:22] | She said when her mom slips again, | 她说她不愿看到 |
[40:24] | she didn’t want to be there. | 妈妈再度堕落 |
[40:25] | She’d rather remember her like she is now. | 她宁愿记得妈妈现在的样子 |
[40:29] | Smart girl. | 聪明姑娘 |
[40:33] | You got the ending you wanted. | 你得到了想要的结局 |
[40:34] | ‘Cause I was only looking to solve the case, | 因为我的目标只是诊病 |
[40:36] | not their lives. | 不是挽救他们的人生 |
[40:39] | Now, I don’t care if the people who work for me | 我不在乎为我工作的人 |
[40:41] | are screwed up. | 是否一团糟 |
[40:42] | In fact, I even encourage it. | 实际上 我很喜欢这样 |
[40:44] | But absolution? | 可是要普度众生 |
[40:46] | You do that on your own time. | 还是留到业余时间去做 |
[40:50] | Or not at all. | 或者别做 |
[40:52] | ‘Cause… Clearly, you suck at it. | 因为你显然也度不了谁 |
[41:10] | There. | 给 |
[41:31] | This is Aaron Rodgers. | 他是亚伦·罗杰斯 |
[41:34] | Wow, 127 quarterback rating. | 四分卫评分127哦 |
[41:38] | You know what sound he makes? | 知道他叫起来什么样子吗 |
[41:48] | Okay. Oy! | 好的 |
[41:53] | This… | 这一个 |
[41:54] | is Terrell Owens. | 特雷尔·欧文斯 |
[41:56] | People call him “T.O.” | 大家都叫他TO |
[41:58] | Do you know what sound he makes? | 知道他吼起来什么声音吗 |
[42:09] | This is Mark Sanchez. | 这是马克·桑切斯 |
[42:11] | Do you know what sound people make about him? | 知道人们看见他作什么声音吗 |
[42:20] | Working late? | 加班吗 |
[42:23] | Husband have her tonight? | 她今晚跟丈夫过 |
[42:27] | And every night. | 以后也是 |
[42:29] | She broke it off. | 她跟我分了 |
[42:31] | It’s for the best. | 对大家都好 |
[42:33] | I’m not really an affair guy after all. | 我毕竟不是爱偷情的人 |
[42:36] | Sure you are, buddy. | 老弟 你当然是 |
[42:39] | You just lost interest once it stopped being an affair. | 只不过现在不再是偷了 你没了兴致 |
[42:41] | That’s why you’re relieved. | 所以分了你反而安心 |
[42:43] | But don’t worry– it’s not gonna end here. | 别担心 这里不是终点 |
[42:45] | You’ll just have to get your adrenaline fix somewhere else. | 总有他处能让你肾上腺素得到修复 |
[42:49] | When that doesn’t do it anymore, | 等到偷情也激不起你的肾上腺素 |
[42:50] | then you’ll just… | 你就会 |
[42:51] | escalate things somehow. | 找到其它稀奇古怪的途径 |
[42:55] | At least, that’s what I’ve been told. | 至少我听说是这样的 |
[43:00] | I’m not like you, House. | 豪斯 我和你不一样 |
[43:03] | True… no limp. | 当然 你又不瘸 |