时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | OK, where was I? | OK,我们说到哪儿了? |
[00:14] | You were telling us how you met mom | 你在跟我们说你和妈妈是怎么认识的 |
[00:15] | and that excruciating detail. | 而且真是折腾人的细节化 |
[00:17] | Right. So back in 2005 when I was 27 | 没错,要回溯到2005年,我还是27岁的时候 |
[00:20] | my two best friends got engaged. | 我最好的两个朋友订婚了 |
[00:23] | And that got me thinking. Maybe I should get married. | 这触动了我,也许我也该结婚了 |
[00:25] | And then I saw Robin. | 这时我看见了Robin |
[00:27] | She was incredible. | 她真是太美了 |
[00:29] | I just knew I had to meet her. | 我打心底里想要认识她 |
[00:31] | That’s where your uncle Barney came in. | 于是你们的Barney叔叔出现了 |
[00:33] | I suggest we play a little game I’d like to call | 我提议玩一个游戏,我愿意称之为…… |
[00:34] | ‘have you met Ted?’ | “你见过Ted没有” |
[00:36] | No, we are not playing ‘have you met Ted.’ | 什么,不,我们不玩这游戏 |
[00:38] | Hi, have you met Ted? | 嗨,你见过Ted没有? |
[00:41] | So I asked her out. | 接着我们约会了 |
[00:42] | And I know that sounds crazy, | 我知道这听起来有点疯狂…… |
[00:43] | but just after one date, I was in love with her. | 但只经过了一次约会abc我就爱上她了 |
[00:46] | which made me say something stupid. | 也让我说了一句不该说的话…… |
[00:48] | I think I’m in love with you. | 我想我爱上你了 |
[00:49] | What? | 什么? |
[00:50] | Oh, dad! | 哦,老爸…… |
[00:52] | So then, what happened? | 然后怎么样了? |
[00:54] | Nothing. | 什么也没发生 |
[00:55] | I mean, I’d made a complete fool of myself. | 我是说,我那一次实在太笨了 |
[00:58] | So a week went by, and I decided not to call her. | 所以那次之后,我决定不再给她打电话了 |
[01:01] | So you’re not going to call her? | 这么说你不打算给她打电话了 |
[01:02] | You went from “I think I’m in love with you” to “I’m not going to call her?” | 你从“我想我爱上你了”转变成“我不会给她电话了”? |
[01:05] | I wasn’t in love with her, OK? | 我没有爱上她好吗? |
[01:06] | I was briefly in love with the abstract concept of getting married. | 我只是爱上了“结婚”这个抽象概念 |
[01:10] | That’s absolutely nothing to do with Robin. | 这跟Robin没关系 |
[01:12] | -Robin?-Hey! | -Robin?-嘿 |
[01:14] | Look who I ran into! | 瞧瞧我碰见谁了 |
[01:15] | Since when do you guys know each other? | 你们俩什么时候认识的? |
[01:16] | Since about here. | 大概在这里的时候吧 |
[01:19] | Lily recognized me from the news in that … | Lily认出我是新闻主播了,所以…… |
[01:22] | Hello, sailor! | 悠着点,水手 |
[01:23] | They’ve just engaged. | 他们刚刚订婚 |
[01:26] | I should get back to the station. See you guys! | 我该回台里去了,回头见 |
[01:31] | -Nice to meet you, Ted.-Yeah, you, too. | -很高兴见到你,Ted-是啊,我也是 |
[01:35] | -Damn it!-What? | -糟糕!-怎么了? |
[01:36] | I’m in love with her. | 我真的爱上她了 |
[01:38] | No! | 不行! |
[01:39] | As your sponsor, I will not let you relapse. You blew it. It’s over. Move on! | 作为你的顾问,我可不想你一错再错,你这次搞砸了,故事结束,继续前进吧 |
[01:43] | I don’t know. I just have this feeling: she’s the future Mrs. Ted Mosbie. | 我不知道,我就是有这样的感觉,她就是未来的Ted Mosbie夫人 |
[01:49] | Lily, you squeaked? | Lily,你刚才尖叫了 |
[01:50] | She said something about me, didn’t she? | 她跟你谈起我了,是不是? |
[01:52] | Come on! Spill it. | 说出来吧,告诉我! |
[01:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | So, what do you think of Ted? | 嗯,你觉得Ted怎么样? |
[01:58] | Ted’s something else. | 他是个“例外” |
[02:01] | I’m going to spin that is good. | 我觉得这是褒义的 |
[02:03] | Lots of guys are something. I’m something else. | 别的男性都常例,而我是“例外” |
[02:05] | Comes a little strong. | 有些过于主动了 |
[02:07] | But that’s part of my charm. | 但……这也算我的魅力吧 |
[02:09] | But that’s part of his charm. | 但……这也算他的魅力吧 |
[02:11] | Oh, totally. I mean, he’s sweet, he’s charming, he’s just | 哦,那是当然,我是说,他很体贴,很有魅力,只是…… |
[02:14] | looking for something a little bit more serious than I am. | 他想要的东西比我想要的更郑重一些 |
[02:16] | I mean, the most I can handle now is something casual. | 我说,我现在需要的,是随性一点的关系 |
[02:20] | This stays between us, right? | 这些话你不会外传的吧? |
[02:22] | Are you kidding? This flapper afford knocks. | 开什么玩笑,这两片唇闭得紧紧的 |
[02:26] | Oops…… | |
[02:28] | She wants casual. OK, I’ll be casual. | 她想要随性一点,好的,我可以很随性 |
[02:29] | This flapper afford knocks. | |
[02:31] | I’m going to be a mushroom cloud of casual. | 我现在就是一颗“随性”号原子弹 |
[02:34] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗? |
[02:35] | Because it’s a game. I want to escape to the end and do the whole happily-ever-after thing. | 因为这是个游戏,我是很想直达最后幸福圆满的结局 |
[02:39] | But you don’t get there unless you play the game. | 但是你必须先玩游戏过关,才能有大结局 |
[02:42] | So you’re going to ask her out? | 那么你要约她出来了? |
[02:43] | Yeah! No! | 是的……不! |
[02:44] | I can’t ask her out. If I ask her out, I’m asking her out. | 我不能约她出来,因为如果我约她出来,我就是在约她出来了 |
[02:48] | So how do I ask her out without asking her out? | 所以我怎么能约她出来,而又没有约她出来呢? |
[02:55] | Did you guys get high? | 你们几个家伙是不是抽大烟了? |
[02:57] | I got it. I don’t ask her out. | 我有主意了,我们不约会 |
[03:00] | I invite her to our party next Friday. | 我要请她来参加我们下周五的派对 |
[03:03] | -We’re having a party next Friday?-We are now. | -我们下周五要开派对?-刚刚决定的 |
[03:06] | Casual. | “随性” |
[03:07] | Yeah, because nothing is just casual like inviting a hundred people over just to meet on one girl. Oh, and Lily. | 是啊,没有比“找来一百个人开派对,就是为了泡一个mm”更随性的了,哦,Lily…… |
[03:12] | That’s my leg. | 那是我的腿 |
[03:14] | You waited 5 minutes to tell me that? | 你过了5分钟才告诉我? |
[03:18] | Alright, so call her up. | 好的,给她打电话吧 |
[03:19] | No, calling’s not casual. I should get bumped into somewhere. | 不,打电话一点也不“随性”,我得和她在什么地方偶遇 |
[03:23] | If only I knew her schedule I could arrange a chance encounter. | 真希望我有她行程表,我就能安排一次偶然的邂逅了 |
[03:26] | That’s great, Ted. You’ll be the most casual stalker ever. | 说得好,你就成了最最随性的跟踪者了 |
[03:32] | Now ever since Marshal put that ring on her finger | 自从戴上Marshal送的戒指之后…… |
[03:35] | Lily had been, well, extra affectionate | Lily变得有点……嗯……贪心 |
[03:39] | Baby, no! | 宝贝,现在不行…… |
[03:41] | I have a 25-page paper on constitution. I’ll due Monday. I barely started. | 我周日要交一篇关于宪法的25页的论文,我才刚刚开始写 |
[03:45] | I am just sitting here. | 我只不过是坐在这儿…… |
[03:47] | wearing my ring | 戴着手上的戒指 |
[03:50] | my beautiful ring | 我漂亮的戒指啊 |
[03:53] | kinda makes wearing other stuff seem wrong. | 让我身上别的东西有点不对劲了 |
[03:56] | My shirt. Kinda don’t want to wear my shirt anymore. | 我的衬衫……我不想再穿了 |
[04:01] | or my underwear. | 或者……我的内衣 |
[04:04] | That’s right. I’m not wearing any. | 哦,对了,我没穿内衣 |
[04:09] | -No underwear.-Not even slightly. | -没穿内衣?-一点也没穿 |
[04:12] | Guys! | 两位…… |
[04:15] | Boundaries. | 有个限度 |
[04:18] | 她在那! | |
[04:18] | Thanks, Bill. | 谢谢你,Bill |
[04:20] | I’m reporting from the Razzle Dazzle Supermarket on 75th in Colombus. | 我现在在Colombus大街75号abcrazzle dazzle超市为您报道 |
[04:24] | 75th in Colombus. | Colombus大街75号 |
[04:27] | Game on! | 好戏开始! |
[04:28] | There she is. A 4-year-old Nebroy Alenberg has climbed inside a grab-a-prize machine and got him stuck | 4岁的Neroy Alenberg爬进了一台抓公仔机并受困其中…… |
[04:37] | and on the pursuit of a stuffed purple giraffe. | 仅仅为了得到一个紫色的长颈鹿 |
[04:41] | Metro News 1. I’m Robin Trabowski. | 都市新闻一台为您报道,我是Robin Trabonski |
[04:47] | Ted? Ted? | |
[04:49] | Robin? Wow, what are the odds! | Robin,哇,这巧啊 |
[04:51] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[04:52] | Oh, you know, just shopping for dip. | 哦,我是来买东西的……买调味酱 |
[04:56] | I love dip. | 我爱调味酱 |
[04:57] | Not I love dip. I like dip, as a friend, you know. | 不,我不爱调味酱,我只是喜欢调味酱,朋友之间的那种 |
[05:01] | Hey, you’re reporting a news story or something? | 对了,你是在这报道什么新闻吗? |
[05:03] | Yeah, kid’s stuck in a cream machine. How sweet of you to call it news. | 是啊,一个小孩捆在抓公仔机里了,如果你愿意称之为新闻的话 |
[05:07] | Wow, kid in a cream machine. | 哦,小孩捆在抓公仔机里了 |
[05:10] | You just said to have that toy, didn’t you? Couldn’t play the game like everyone else. | 你是真的很想要那个玩具咯,不想遵循常规 |
[05:13] | You’re all sweaty. | 你浑身都是汗 |
[05:15] | Cool kid. | 孩子真可爱 |
[05:17] | It was so funny I should run into you. We’re having a party next Friday | 话说回来,既然这么巧遇见你,我们下周五要举办一个派对 |
[05:20] | If you like swinging by. But you know, whatever. | 如果你有兴趣来的话,不过“不必太认真” |
[05:24] | Oh, I’m going back home next weekend. | 哦,我下周末要回家 |
[05:26] | It’s too bad it’s not tonight. | 真可惜不是今晚 |
[05:27] | It is. It’s tonight. | 是的,就是今晚 |
[05:29] | This Friday. Did I say next Friday? | 这周五,我说了下周五吗? |
[05:30] | Yes, sorry. I’ve been, I guess, I’ve been saying ‘next Friday’ all week. | 是的,我很抱歉,大概是整个星期都在说“下周五” |
[05:33] | But, yes, tonight. The party’s tonight. But you know, whatever. | 不过,派对就是今晚,不过“不必太认真” |
[05:43] | Hello. | 喂 |
[05:44] | Hey, am I interrupting anything? | 嘿,我打搅到你吗? |
[05:45] | No, now I’m just writing my paper. | 没有,我还在写论文,啃书本 |
[05:49] | Yeah, well, you and Lily may want to put some clothes on. | 是啊,嗯,你和Lily也许该穿好衣服了 |
[05:52] | We’re throwing a party in 2 hours. OK, bye. | 我们两个小时之内要开派对,好的,拜 |
[06:01] | So, what are you going to do when Robin shows up? | 那么,兄弟,Robin出现你打算怎样 |
[06:03] | OK, I got it all planned out. | 好的,我的计划好了 |
[06:06] | She steps through the door. | 她走进门来 |
[06:08] | And where is Ted? Not eagerly wait by the door. | Ted在哪儿?并不是焦急的等候在门口 |
[06:12] | Now I’m across the room at my drafting table showing some foxy young thing all my cool architecture stuff. | 我在房子的另一边,给一个惹火的姑娘展示我的建筑画图的工具 |
[06:17] | So Robin throws her over and I casually give her one of these. | Robin走了过来,我很随性的跟她说…… |
[06:21] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿,你好啊 |
[06:23] | She says, ‘hey,nice place. etc. etc.’ | 然后她说,嘿,地方不错啊 |
[06:27] | Then I say, | 然后我再说 |
[06:29] | ‘well, make yourself at home.’ | 那就别客气,把这里当你自己家吧 |
[06:30] | And I casually return to my conversation. | 然后我就很随性的重新和别人聊天去了 |
[06:33] | Then, an hour later, | 接着,一个小时后 |
[06:36] | ‘oh, you’re still here?’ | 哦,你还在啊 |
[06:38] | I say, like I don’t really care. | 我很不经意的这么说 |
[06:40] | But it’s a nice surprise and then very casually, | 不过这也是个不错的开头,然后,我非常随性的…… |
[06:44] | ‘wanna see the roof?’ | 向上房顶看看吗? |
[06:48] | -The roof!-You got to run up to the roof. And the roof takes care of the rest. | -房顶……-带上房顶后,房顶会帮我料理好一切的 |
[06:51] | What’s so special about the roof? | 这房顶有什么特别的 |
[06:53] | Oh, the moon, stars, the shimmering skylight. | 哦,月亮,星光,朦胧的远景 |
[06:56] | You cannot fall in love on that roof. | 在那个房顶上,你不可能不陷入爱河 |
[07:00] | We do it up there sometimes. | 我们还在上面“玩”过几次 |
[07:02] | Solid plan, my little friend. | 计划很周详,我的小朋友 |
[07:04] | We were the same plate. | 我们身高差不多…… |
[07:05] | But may I suggest one little modification? | 不过让我提个小小的改动 |
[07:09] | That foxy young thing that you were chatting up? Take her up to the roof and have sex with her, | 和你聊天的那个惹火的MM把她带上房顶去,两个人干柴烈火 |
[07:12] | -crazy monkey style..-That’s not the plan! | -疯狂的猴猴姿势……-这不是原计划! |
[07:14] | That should be the plan. I mean, look at her! | 这才应该是原计划,你瞧瞧她 |
[07:16] | Ted, look at her! She’s smoking! | Ted,你瞧瞧她,惹火的都冒烟了 |
[07:18] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[07:20] | But she’s not Robin. | 但她不是Robin |
[07:22] | Exactly. Ted, let’s rap. | 这就是问题所在,Ted,你听我说 |
[07:25] | Statistic. At every New York party, there’s always a girl who has no idea who’s party she’s at. | 统计学上来讲,在纽约的每一个派对上都会有这样一个小妞,她根本不知道这是谁开的派对 |
[07:29] | She knows no one you know and you will never see her again. | 她根本不认识你周围的任何人,你也不会再见到她第二次了 |
[07:32] | Do you see where I’m going? How is this? | 你明白……我的意思吗,这个提议怎么样? |
[07:36] | Barney, I don’t think so. | Barney,我不这么觉得…… |
[07:38] | Scoping. | 潜望中…… |
[07:40] | Scoping. | 继续潜望…… |
[07:41] | Man, you are a dork. | 天啊,你真口耐 |
[07:44] | Target acquired. | 目标锁定 |
[07:45] | And now it’s time we play a little game I’d like to call’have you met Ted.’ | 现在我们来玩个小游戏,我愿意称之为…… |
[07:47] | -‘have you met Ted.’-Oh, come on. Not this. | -“你见过Ted吗?”-哦,别这样,又来…… |
[07:50] | Hi, have you met Ted? | 嗨,你见过Ted没有? |
[07:51] | No. | 没有 |
[07:52] | Hi.Hi. | -你好-你好 |
[07:53] | You know Marshal and Lily? | 你认识Marshal和Lily吗? |
[07:54] | No. | 不认识 |
[07:55] | Do you know anyone at this party? | 这个派对里面你都认识谁啊? |
[07:57] | I work with Carlos. | 我和Carlos一起来的 |
[07:59] | Excuse me. | 稍等…… |
[07:59] | Anyone know a Carlos? | 你们谁认识Carlos? |
[08:01] | No. | 不认识 |
[08:02] | On a silver platter bone appetite. | 银质大盘送上的……大肥肉 |
[08:06] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么想 |
[08:08] | You are loss or gain. | 你放弃,我上场 |
[08:09] | Excuse me, can I show you the roof? | 对不起,我能带你去看看房顶吗? |
[08:12] | -It’s magical up there. -Sure. | -上面的美景很迷人-好啊 |
[08:13] | Wait. Hey, I got that roof reserved. | 等等,嘿,房顶我预订了 |
[08:15] | Dude, Robin’s not coming. | Robin不会来了 |
[08:16] | She’ll show up. | 嘿,她会出现的! |
[08:22] | Hey, she’s going to show up. | 她会来的 |
[08:23] | She didn’t show up. | 她没有来 |
[08:26] | At least it was a great party. | 至少我们开了一个很棒的派对 |
[08:28] | I ate, like, 4 cans of dip. | 我吃完了4大罐调味酱 |
[08:31] | You always know what to say, old friend. | 你总是知道怎么安慰我,老朋友 |
[08:37] | It’s Robin. | 是Robin |
[08:39] | -Answer it. -No, not right away. | -接啊-不不不,我不能马上接 |
[08:40] | I got to seem casual. | 我要显得随性一些 |
[08:43] | Hello. | 喂 |
[08:44] | I’m so sorry I missed your party. | 真的很抱歉,我错过了你的派对 |
[08:47] | Who’s this? Meredith? | 你是哪位?Meredith? |
[08:48] | Robin Robin. | |
[08:49] | Oh, Robin! Hey, yeah. | 哦,Robin,嘿,是啊是啊 |
[08:53] | I guess you never showed up, did you? | 看样子你没能来,是不? |
[08:54] | No, I got stuck at work but | 没有,我被工作缠住了,不过…… |
[08:56] | they finally got that kid out of the cream machine. | 他们总算把那小孩从机器里弄出来了 |
[08:58] | Did he get to keep the purple giraffe? | 他能保留那个紫色的长颈鹿吗? |
[09:00] | Yeah, they let him keep all the toys. | 是的,那孩子可以拿走全部的玩具 |
[09:02] | He was in there a long time and little kids have small bladders. | 他困在里面太久了,都热出疹子了 |
[09:06] | I wish your party was tonight. | 真希望你的派对是今天就好了 |
[09:10] | It is. The party’s tonight. | 没错,派对就是今晚 |
[09:12] | Yeah, it’s a two-day party. Because that’s how we roll. | 是啊,这个派对要开两天,这才是我们的风格 |
[09:17] | So, if you want to swing by? You know, it’s casual. | 所以,你想不想顺道来玩玩,随性就好 |
[09:21] | See ya. | 今晚见 |
[09:26] | So that was Robin. | 是Robin打来的 |
[09:26] | -What are you doing to me? I’ve got a paper to write. -I know. I’m sorry it’s terrible. | -你为什么这么做,我还有一篇论文要写呢-我知道,我很抱歉,这很糟糕 |
[09:31] | -I’ll buy more dip. -Ted! | -我会给你买更多的调味酱的-Ted! |
[09:32] | Ted, wait! | Ted,等等!! |
[09:34] | Get French onion. | 我要法国洋葱口味的! |
[09:40] | Can you believe this guy? I’ve got a paper to write. | 你看这个人,我还有论文要写呢 |
[09:44] | OK, fine. But it’s got to be like super quick | 好吧好吧,但一定要迅速完事 |
[09:47] | and no cuddling after. | 而且事后也不能有拥抱 |
[09:48] | I’m the luckiest girl alive. | 我是最幸运的女孩儿…… |
[09:57] | You were so right about the roof. | 你说的房顶真是太对了 |
[10:00] | The roof, the roof is on fire, Ted. | 那房顶,那房顶是超级催化剂 |
[10:04] | The girl from last night | 昨晚那小妞…… |
[10:05] | I took her back to my place then this morning took her outside, spun her around a couple of times, and sent her walking. | 我把她带回家了,今天早上送她出来,带着绕了几圈,接着送她走了 |
[10:10] | She will never find her way back and there she is! | 她绝对找不到回来的路了,而她就在那儿! |
[10:14] | How did she get here? Did you inviter her? | 她怎么过来的,你邀请她来了? |
[10:15] | I’ve no idea who that is. | 我不认识她 |
[10:16] | She said she worked with Carlos. Who’s Carlos? | 她说她是和Carlos一起来的,Carlos是谁? |
[10:18] | I don’t know any Carlos. | 我不知道谁是Carlos |
[10:20] | Hi, you. | 嗨,是你啊 |
[10:22] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[10:23] | I sure am. | 当然了 |
[10:26] | Come on, sweetie, I need to drink. | 来吧,亲爱的,我想喝两杯 |
[10:28] | Sweetie? Really? | 亲爱的?真的? |
[10:33] | Oh, rabbits, come on! I got that roof reserved. | 哦,兔子们,别这样,房顶我预订了 |
[10:39] | So it’s over between me and worked-with-Carlos girl. | 我和“和Carlos一起来”的小妞的关系吹了 |
[10:42] | Oh, that was fast. | 哦,很快啊 |
[10:43] | Yeah, I was trying to think what’s the quickest way to get rid of a girl you just met. | 是啊,我一直在找一个甩掉刚认识的小妞的办法 |
[10:49] | -I think I’m in love with you. -What? | -我想我爱上你了-什么? |
[10:51] | Thanks, bro. | 谢谢你,伙计 |
[10:52] | Glad I could help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[10:55] | What the … | 怎么…… |
[10:56] | What the … | 不不不,不能这样! |
[10:58] | Sorry, Ted. | 对不起,Ted |
[11:01] | Wait, what I’m going to do when Robin shows up? | 太好了,现在Robin来了我怎么办? |
[11:04] | She’ll show up. | 她会来的! |
[11:06] | She didn’t show up. | 她没有来 |
[11:08] | Alright, we threw two parties. | 现在好了,我们开了两场派对 |
[11:10] | Everybody had fun. | 每个人都开心了 |
[11:12] | Everybody wanned. Everybody chant. | 每个人都享受了,每个人都舒坦了 |
[11:15] | And now the kid’s got to get to work. | 现在小孩子该干正事了 |
[11:17] | And the kid is not to be disturbed. Repeat after me | 而且这个小孩子不能被打搅,跟我一起说 |
[11:20] | I will not have sex with Marshal. | 我不会和Marshal嘿咻 |
[11:22] | I will not have sex with Marshal. | 我不会和Marshal嘿咻 |
[11:28] | It’s Robin. | Robin打来的 |
[11:31] | Hello. | 喂 |
[11:31] | -Hi, Ted. -Amanda? | -嗨,Ted?-Amanda? |
[11:33] | Oh, Dannis. Sorry, you totally sounded like Armanda. | 哦,Dannis,对不起,你听起来真像Amanda |
[11:36] | It’s Robin. | 我是Robin |
[11:37] | Oh, Robin. | 哦,Robin |
[11:39] | Hi. | 你好 |
[11:39] | I totally wanted to come. | 我真的很想来 |
[11:41] | I got stuck at work again. I feel like I live there. | 我又被工作缠住了,感觉就像住在办公室一样 |
[11:44] | Sorry to miss your party again. | 很抱歉,再次缺席你的派对 |
[11:46] | (西班牙语?) | |
[11:49] | Who am I? | 我怎么了? |
[11:51] | I guess there is no chance you two-dayer turned into a three-dayer. | 我知道你的两天派对不可能再延长到三天了 |
[11:55] | You didn’t need. The party continues tonight. | 不,又延长了,派对今晚照旧 |
[11:57] | yeah. | 是啊…… |
[11:59] | Last night, people were like,”Keep it going, bro! Party trifecta! “ | 昨晚上,大家都在喊“继续吧,派对专家” |
[12:02] | OK, I’ll be there. | 哇哦,很好啊,我会来的 |
[12:05] | Great. See you tonight. | 很好,今晚见 |
[12:10] | So that was Robin. | Robin打来的 |
[12:13] | So I threw a third party for Robin on a Sunday night. | 于是,我为Robin开了第三个派对……在周日的晚上 |
[12:18] | Oh, this is lame. | 真够无趣的 |
[12:20] | Lame or casual? | 无趣,还是随性? |
[12:23] | -Lame. -Or casual. | -无趣-或是随性 |
[12:26] | -Sorry, baby, I got to work. I need all my blood up here. | 对不起,宝贝,我要工作,我需要血液集中在这儿 |
[12:34] | Has anybody seen ‘an Introduction to Contract toward Restitution Statutes from 1865 to 1923?’ | 有没有人见到一本《1865-1923雕塑赔偿合同导论》? |
[12:42] | Anybody seen a big ass book? | 有没有人看见一本又大又厚的书? |
[12:46] | Hello, Barney. | 你好,Barney |
[12:48] | Oh, of course. | 哦,当然了 |
[12:51] | You look well | 你看起来不错 |
[12:53] | Is it weird they invited both of us? | 真奇怪,他们把我们俩都邀请来了 |
[12:56] | Who? | 谁? |
[12:57] | Who invited you? No one even knows who you are! | 谁会邀请你?没有人认识你 |
[13:02] | I understand you are hurt. But | 我明白你很受伤,但是…… |
[13:04] | you don’t have to be cruel. | 你不用说的这么绝吧 |
[13:06] | Carlos was right about you. | Carlos说得对 |
[13:09] | Who is Carlos? | 谁是Carlos? |
[13:11] | 好吧,我的 | |
[13:13] | OK, where the hell is my… | 好吧,到底上哪儿找我的…… |
[13:17] | OK. | 好吧 |
[13:20] | ‘an Introduction to Contract toward Restitution Statutes from 1865 to 1923’ | 《1865-1923雕塑赔偿合同导论》…… |
[13:25] | is not a coaster! | 不是一个杯垫! |
[13:27] | Ted, I’m jeopardizing my law careers so you can throw not one, | Ted,我在拿我的法律生涯开玩笑就为了你能开,不是一个…… |
[13:30] | not two, but three parties for some girl | 不是两个,而是三个派对就为了某个姑娘 |
[13:34] | that you just met who’s probably never going to show up. | 你们不过刚刚认识,她甚至不一定来 |
[13:36] | I mean where is she, Ted? | 我说,她在哪儿,Ted? |
[13:38] | Where is Robin? | Robin在哪儿? |
[13:41] | Hi, Robin. | 嗨……嗨,Robin |
[13:52] | So you threw all these parties for me? | 这么说,你开了这么多派对就为了我? |
[13:55] | No, oh, you thought that. No! | 不,你这么想,当然不…… |
[13:58] | OK, yes, you got me. | 好吧,我承认,你抓到我了 |
[14:00] | One of the reasons I threw these parties was so that I could introduce you to | 我开这些派对的原因之一就是想给你介绍…… |
[14:06] | This guy. | 这个人 |
[14:07] | I figured, you know, since it didn’t work out between us, now we can just laugh about it. | 我想,既然我们之间没戏了,我们可以一笑忘之 |
[14:13] | Anyway, Robin, this is | 不管怎么说,Robin,这位是…… |
[14:15] | Carlos Carlos. | |
[14:22] | She’s still talking to Carlos. | 她还在和Carlos聊着 |
[14:24] | I can still win this, it’s not over. | 我还有希望,这还不是最后 |
[14:26] | OK, buddy. It’s time for the tough talk. | 好吧,伙计,是时候讲清楚了 |
[14:28] | Robin seems great. But let’s look at the fact. | Robin确实是好姑娘,但我们要面对现实 |
[14:31] | You want to get married. And right now there are a million women looking for exactly you. | 你想要结婚,而现在纽约城里有成千上万的姑娘在寻找你 |
[14:37] | But Robin ain’t one of them. | 只是Robin不是她们中的一员 |
[14:39] | She’s not just one of them. She’s the one! | 她不是其中一员,她就是我的另一半! |
[14:41] | Yeah. Well, ‘the one’ is heading up to ‘the roof.’ | 是吗,你的另一半要上房顶了 |
[14:47] | What are you going to do? | 你想怎么办? |
[14:49] | Nothing. | 什么也不做 |
[14:50] | It’s a game. I gotta just keep playing. | 这个恋爱游戏,我必须玩下去 |
[15:31] | -Hey. | -嘿?abc-嘿! |
[15:33] | Carlos, can you give us some minute? | Carlos,我能不能和她单独谈谈 |
[15:34] | Hey, no sweet ombre. | 没问题 |
[15:37] | See ya. | 再见 |
[15:42] | Robin Robin, | |
[15:43] | look, I didn’t throw this party to set you up with Carlos. | 听着,我开这个派对不是为了给你介绍Carlos |
[15:45] | Or the one before that. Or the one before that. | 前一个也不是,前前一个也不是 |
[15:50] | I threw these parties because I wanted to see you. | 我开这些派对,就想见见你 |
[15:53] | Well, here I am. | 那么我现在来了 |
[15:56] | There’s something here unless I’m crazy. | 我们之间肯定有些什么,要不我就是疯了 |
[16:00] | You’re not crazy. | 你没有疯 |
[16:03] | I don’t know, Ted. We barely know each other. | 我不知道,Ted,我是说我们才刚刚认识 |
[16:06] | And you’re looking at me with that look and it’s like | 而且你一直用那种眼神看着我就好像…… |
[16:09] | -Like what? -Like. | -像什么?-就好像…… |
[16:10] | Like ‘let’s fall in love, | 就好像……我们恋爱吧…… |
[16:12] | and get married and have kids and drive them to soccer practice.’ | 然后结婚,然后生小孩,再送他们去足球学校 |
[16:15] | I’m not going to force sports on them unless they’re interested. | 除非他们自己有兴趣,不然我不会强迫小孩去运动的 |
[16:20] | It’s a great look. But you’re looking at the wrong girl. | 这个眼神很好,可惜对象错了 |
[16:23] | -No, I’m not. -Yes, you are. | -不,没有abc-是的,你找错人了 |
[16:25] | I don’t want to get married right now, maybe never. | 我现在不想结婚,也许永远都不会 |
[16:28] | If we got together I’d feel like | 如果我们在一起了,我觉得…… |
[16:30] | I’d either have to marry you or break your heart. | 就好像我不是嫁给你,就是伤你的心 |
[16:34] | I just couldn’t do either of those things, | 而这两个,我都没法做到 |
[16:37] | just like you can’t turn off the way you feel. | 就像你也做不到“关掉”你对我的感觉一样 |
[16:44] | Click off, let’s make out. | 关掉了,我们嘿咻吧 |
[16:46] | What? | 什么? |
[16:48] | What? That was the off switch. | 怎么了,就是感情开关了 |
[16:50] | And I turned it off. | 我把它关了 |
[16:51] | I mean, sure, yes. I want to fall in love, get married, blah, blah, blah. | 我是说,没错,我是想谈恋爱,结婚,Blah,Blah,Blah |
[16:55] | But on the other hand, | 但,另一方面…… |
[16:57] | you, me, the roof. | 你,我,还有这房顶 |
[17:03] | There is no off switch. | 没有这种开关 |
[17:05] | There is an off switch. | 有这种开关 |
[17:07] | And it’s off. | 而且我把它关了 |
[17:09] | No, it’s not | 不,没关 |
[17:11] | Yes, it is. | 关了 |
[17:13] | -不,还没有-已经…… | |
[17:16] | No, it’s not. | 关了 |
[17:31] | No, it’s not. | 不,还没关 |
[17:33] | You were right. There is no off switch. | 你说得对,没有这种开关 |
[17:37] | God, I wish there was an off switch. | 天啊,我真希望有这种开关 |
[17:40] | Me, too. | 我也这么想 |
[17:46] | So… | 那么…… |
[17:49] | What to do now? | 接下来该怎么办 |
[17:53] | We could be friends. | 我们可以做好朋友 |
[17:57] | Look, I know it sounds insincere when people say that but. | 听着,我知道人们说这句话的时候听起来都很不真诚,但…… |
[18:02] | we could | 我们可以做好朋友 |
[18:04] | I don’t know, Robin. | 我不知道,Robin |
[18:06] | I made such a jackass of myself. | 我如今弄得自己像个大傻瓜 |
[18:07] | If we started hanging out, every time I see you, it will be like, ‘Oh, that’s right, I’m a jackass.’ | 如果我们做朋友,每次我看到你我都会想到:“哦,对了,我是个大傻瓜” |
[18:12] | You’re not a jackass. | 你不是傻瓜 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry. I only moved here in April and I’m always working. | 我很抱歉,我四月刚刚搬来,而且一直在工作 |
[18:19] | I just haven’t met a lot of good people so far. | 我只是到现在朋友圈子也不大 |
[18:23] | But I understand. | 但我明白你 |
[18:28] | Maybe in a few months after it’s not so fresh we could all | 也许过几个月,这件事都淡化了,我们可以…… |
[18:32] | you know, get a beer. | 你知道,一起喝啤酒什么的 |
[18:35] | Yeah, that sounds good. | 是啊,听起来不错 |
[18:39] | I’ll see you, Ted. | 以后再见,Ted |
[18:46] | Or, you know, now. | 又或者,就现在 |
[18:51] | We could all get a beer now. | 我们可以现在就去喝点啤酒 |
[18:56] | I’d like that. | 我同意 |
[19:00] | My friends are going to love you. | 我的朋友都会爱上你的 |
[19:02] | Like you, you know, as a friend. | 喜欢你,你知道,朋友之间的那种 |
[19:06] | Jackass! | 大傻瓜 |
[19:09] | Unbelievable. | 难以相信 |
[19:12] | That’s just a recipe for disarster. They worked together! | 简直就是灾难,他们是一起的 |
[19:15] | You’re jealous? | 你嫉妒了? |
[19:16] | Oh, please, what does Carlos have that I don’t? | 哦,得了吧,有什么Carlos有的我没有? |
[19:19] | A date tonight? | 他今晚有约会 |
[19:21] | play it again. | 说的漂亮,再来一遍 |
[19:23] | A date tonight? | (录像倒带)他今晚有约会 |
[19:26] | I’m not sure I like her. | 我爱死她了 |
[19:28] | Hey, don’t you have a paper to write? | 你不是还有论文要写吗? |
[19:30] | -Dude, you are talking to the kid. -I know it. | -伙计,说话也不看对象-我知道 |
[19:32] | I’m going to knock back this beer, I’m going to knock back one more beer. | 我先把这杯喝个底朝天,在干了下一杯 |
[19:35] | We could all get a beer now. I’m going to go home. I’m going to write a 25-page paper. | 然后我再回家写一篇25页的论文 |
[19:38] | I’m going to hand it in and I’m going to get an A. | 接着交上去,得一个A |
[19:40] | My name’s Ruffith and that’s the truffith. | 我的名字是Ruffles,而这就是事实 |
[19:44] | He got a B minus. | 他的论文评价是B减 |
[19:46] | But still, 25 pages in one night, B minus? The kid is good. | 但仍然要说,一夜写出25页的论文,还得了个B减,这家伙很强 |
[19:50] | At least let me buy you a beer. | 至少让我请你一杯啤酒 |
[19:52] | Come on. I’ll buy everyone a beer. | 我要请你们每一个人喝一杯 |
[19:54] | I’ll help carry. | 我帮你拿 |
[19:59] | -You know something, Ted? -What? | -有件事你知道吗,Ted?-什么? |
[20:01] | You’re a catch. | 你很有魅力的 |
[20:02] | You’re going to make some girl very happy. | 你一定会让某个女孩非常幸福 |
[20:05] | And I am going to help you find her. | 而我,要帮你找到这个女孩 |
[20:08] | Well, good luck. | 那,就祝你好运吧 |
[20:10] | I mean, maybe New York is too big a town and there’s millions of people in the city. | 我说,也许你的承诺太大了,这个城市里有上百万个女孩子 |
[20:14] | How in all this mess is a guy supposed to find the love of his life? I mean, | 在这么大一堆乱麻里一个男人怎么找到自己的终生伴侣,我是说…… |
[20:18] | Where even begin? | 该从哪里开始? |
[20:22] | Hi, have you met Ted? | 嗨,你认识Ted吗? |
[20:55] | Well, good luck. |