时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Kids when you are single,all you’re looking for is happily all after. | 孩子们当你们单身时 致力于寻找终身幸福 |
[00:16] | But only one of your stories can end that way, | 但是在你经历的所有爱情故事里 只有一次能圆满结局 |
[00:19] | the rest ended with somebody get hurt. | 其它的则最终以一方受伤结束 |
[00:21] | This is one of those stories, | 我将讲述的就是一个这样结束的故事 |
[00:23] | that starts with a shirt. | 它因为一件衬衫而开始 |
[00:26] | – A shirt? – just listen, | – 衬衫? – 听我说 |
[00:28] | because none of that would have happened if it hadn’t been for that shirt. | 要不是那件衬衫 这件事情是不可能发生的 |
[00:35] | – nice shirt – Right? Right? | – 不错的衬衫 – 是不? 是不? |
[00:38] | look at those colors, green and brown together at last. | 看看这颜色 绿色和棕色混杂在一起 |
[00:41] | hot top,bro? is it new. | 新款吗,兄弟?新买的? |
[00:43] | that’s the crazy part. | 最让人疯狂的是 |
[00:44] | I’ve had this shirt for 6 years | 这件衬衫我已经买了6年了 |
[00:46] | until this morning, I was not into it at ll, | 一直到今天早晨 我完全没有注意到它 |
[00:47] | but now, it’s like my tastes changed. | 但是现在 就象我的品味改变了 |
[00:50] | – Booger. – yes,hello,barney. | – 鼻屎 – 呃,你好,Barney |
[00:52] | barney has offered me 50 bucks to say some stupid word on a live news report. | Barney给我50块钱 让我在直播报道里说些愚蠢的话 |
[00:56] | not some stupid word,booger. | 不是什么蠢话,鼻屎 |
[00:59] | But I’m not doing it. I am aournalist. | 我还是不会做这个 我是一个新闻记者 |
[01:01] | What?! Journalist?! | 什么?!记者?! |
[01:03] | You do the little fluff pieces at the end of the news. | 你只是在新闻的最后 做点边角料 |
[01:05] | Old people. Babies. Monkeys. | 老人 小孩 猴子 |
[01:08] | That’s not journalism. That’s just… things in a diaper. | 这不是新闻工作 只是… 婴儿做的幼稚事 |
[01:11] | For your information, my boss is about to bump me up to… | 你可能还不知道 老板要我到… |
[01:15] | – the city hall beat. – City hall? Miss thing. | – 市政厅 – 市政厅?大人物 |
[01:19] | I’m not going to jeopardize my promotion by saying “booger” for 50 bucks. | 我不会为了50块钱去说”鼻屎” 这会危及我的升迁 |
[01:23] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[01:24] | ‘Cause now you’re saying “nipple,” and it’s a hundred. | 这回你说”乳头”的话 我将给出100块钱 |
[01:28] | Step into my web. | 进入我的圈套吧 |
[01:33] | Mmm. Whose bourbon is this? | 呃 这是谁的波旁酒? |
[01:34] | Ooh,I don’t know. It was here when we sat down. | 喔 我不知道 我们坐下的时候就在这了 |
[01:36] | Gahhh… the point is… | 啊… 重点是… |
[01:38] | I seem to like bourbon now. | 我现在似乎开始喜欢波旁酒了 |
[01:40] | I could’ve sworn I hated bourbon. | 我以前发誓讨厌波旁酒 |
[01:42] | First the shirt,now bourbon. | 首先是衬衫,现在又是波旁酒 |
[01:44] | I spent 27 years making up my mind about things,right? | 我花了27年来形成对事物的喜恶,对吗? |
[01:47] | The movie I saw once and hated; | 看过一次就讨厌的电影 |
[01:48] | the city I’ll never go back to ’cause it was raining the day I visited. | 因为我去的时候在下雨而导致 再也不想去第二次的城市 |
[01:51] | Maybe it’s time to start forming some second impressions. | 可能是时候对事物有一个新的看法了 |
[01:54] | You’re finally gonna watch goonies again? | 你终于又看《七宝奇谋》了吗? |
[01:56] | “Sloth love chunk. “Sloth love chunk. | |
[01:59] | Not goonies– girls. | 我不是说《七宝奇谋》 我指女生 |
[02:01] | What if there’s someone from my past | 如果以前有某个女生 |
[02:03] | who I thought was wrong for me at the time, | 我那时候觉得不适合我 |
[02:05] | when in fact she,like this shirt, | 但是其实她,就象这件衬衫 |
[02:08] | is actually a perfect fit? | 事实上很适合我? |
[02:09] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[02:10] | There are only two reasons to ever date a girl you’velready dated: | 只有两个原因 可以让你去约会以前已经交往过的女生 |
[02:13] | Breast… implants. | 乳房… 移植 |
[02:15] | You know,this isn’t a bad idea. | 你知道,这注意不坏 |
[02:17] | Let’s think… ted’s greatest hits. | 让我想想… Ted以前的女友精选辑 |
[02:20] | What about that girl steph? | Steph怎么样? |
[02:22] | Steph… Steph… | |
[02:24] | okay,this is difficult to say: | 好吧,这有点难说出口 |
[02:26] | Back when I lived in L.A., I was pretty broke | 回溯到我住在洛衫机时 我一文不名 |
[02:29] | so I spent a month making adult films. | 因此我花了一个月拍成人电影 |
[02:33] | Wow. Okay… | 哇 好吧… |
[02:35] | h-how many did you make? | 你拍了多少部? |
[02:41] | Say what you will about the porn industry, they’re hard workers. | 要说对从事色情业的人的看法 他们辛苦工作 |
[02:45] | Jackie? What about that chick,um… jackie? | 那个女的怎么样 呃… |
[02:48] | …And my bathing suit had fallen completely off. | …我的浴袍完全滑下去了 |
[02:51] | I know the feeling. Once, | 我了解你的感受 有一次 |
[02:53] | when I was 16,I was driving, | 我16的时候,开着车 |
[02:55] | and I hit this hitchhiker. | 撞上了一个想搭便车的家伙 |
[02:57] | Don’t know what happened to him– just kept driving. | 我不知道他怎么样了– 只是继续开我的车 |
[03:02] | uh… no. | 呃… 不要 |
[03:04] | What about natalie? | Natalie呢? |
[03:07] | Natalie… Natalie… | |
[03:09] | who’s natalie? | 谁是Natalie? |
[03:11] | Natalie Natalie. | |
[03:12] | I had so many fond memories of her: | 我和她有很多美好的回忆 |
[03:15] | The tea candles on her dresser, | 她茶几上的蜡烛 |
[03:17] | the sock monkey collection on her bed, | 她床上收集的袜子猴 |
[03:19] | that one belle & sebastian song she always listened to, | 她一直在听的格拉丝高的歌 |
[03:23] | her smile… | 她的微笑… |
[03:25] | man,I haven’t seen her in, like,three years. | 天那,我有大概3年没见过她了 |
[03:28] | Well,why’d you guys break up | 嗯 你们为什么会分手 |
[03:29] | I just wasn’t looking for a big commitment at the time. | 那时候我并不想做出承诺 |
[03:31] | Of course, now a big commitment doesn’t seem so bad. | 当然 现在看来这样并不坏 |
[03:33] | Maybe I should call her. What do you guys think? | 也许我应该找她 你们怎么想? |
[03:35] | You dumped a porn star? | 你甩了一个三级明星? |
[03:39] | Friendship over. | 我们的友谊完了 |
[03:40] | Friendship over! | 我们的友谊完了! |
[03:45] | come in! | 进来! |
[03:47] | All right,get back to me,then. | 好吧,一会再找我 |
[03:48] | – You wanted to see me,mr. Adams. – Yes,I did. | – 你想见我吗 Adam先生 – 是的 |
[03:51] | I need you to cover a story. | 我需要你去报道一个故事 |
[03:53] | It’s down at city hall. | 就在市政厅那边 |
[03:55] | City hall? | 市政厅? |
[03:57] | Oh,my god. | 噢 天那 |
[03:59] | so,next time you’re passing city hall, | 那么 下次当你经过市政厅时 |
[04:02] | make sure and stop by new york’s oldest hot dog cart. | 别忘了找到这个纽约 最古老的热狗贩卖车 |
[04:05] | Today,a delicious hot dog will cost you $2.50, | 今时今日 一个美味的热狗将花去你2.50元 |
[04:08] | but back when the stand first opened,in 1955, | 但是回溯到1955年 |
[04:11] | you could get one for only a nipple. | 你可以仅用一个乳头买到一个热狗 |
[04:14] | Reporting live,robin trubotsky, metro news one. | 现场直播 Robin Trubotsky 来自都市新闻一台 |
[04:18] | I said “nipple” on the news. | 我在新闻上说了”乳头” |
[04:19] | That was so unprofessional! I said “nipple” on the news! | 这太不专业了! 我在新闻上说了”乳头”! |
[04:23] | At least it’s better than “booger.” | 至少比”鼻屎”好 |
[04:25] | booger. | 鼻屎 |
[04:29] | there she is. | 你在这呢 |
[04:31] | Hey,is it cold in here? ‘Cause I can kinda see robin’s nickels. | 嘿,这里很冷吗? 我几乎可以见Robin的钱袋儿了 |
[04:36] | now,for your next challenge… | 现在 为了你的下一次挑战… |
[04:38] | there is not going to be another challenge. I don’t care how much you offer me. | 不会再有什么挑战了 我不在乎你给出多少钱 |
[04:41] | Oh,search your soul,robin. | 噢 扪心自问Robin |
[04:44] | You and I both know this wasn’t about the money. | 我们都知道这跟钱没有关系 |
[04:46] | Sure,metro news one pays you jack, and,hey, | 当然,都市新闻一台付你的薪水,Jack 但是…… |
[04:49] | a little green salad on the side is good for you,me,and mr. Mcgee. | 多吃点蔬菜沙拉对 对你,我和Mcgee先生都有好处 |
[04:53] | Seriously,who talks like that? | 说真的,谁这么说话? |
[04:55] | What baby really likes | 小宝贝真正得到的…… |
[04:56] | is the thrill of pulling one over on those bean-counters who underappreciate you, | 给那些工于心计不赏识你 更不会提拔你的人…… |
[05:01] | and still haven’t promoted you, | 教训一下的刺激感 |
[05:03] | and so for two more hundie sticks, | 那么为了另外两百大洋 |
[05:05] | baby’s going to look in the camera and say this. | 小宝贝会看这镜头说… |
[05:12] | M just assuming. | 我只是在设想 |
[05:14] | I gotta get back to work. | 我得回去工作了 |
[05:17] | – See ya. – Bye. | – 回头见 – 拜 |
[05:18] | Baby’s gonna think about it. | 小宝贝会去考虑下这个 |
[05:23] | found it! I found natalie’s number. | 找到啦! 我找到Natalie的电话了 |
[05:25] | Hey,ted! Nice shirt! Is it yesterday already? | 嘿 Ted! 不错的衬衫! 又回到昨天了吗? |
[05:30] | I am calling her. This is crazy. | 我要给她打电话 这有点疯狂 |
[05:33] | I haven’t talked to her in, like,three years. | 我大概有3年没跟她讲过话了 |
[05:35] | Wonder if she even remembers me. | 不知道她是不是还记得我 |
[05:39] | – Natalie – hello? – Natalie. | – 你好? |
[05:42] | – It’s ted mosby. | – 我是Ted Mosby |
[05:43] | – Go to hell. | – 去死吧 |
[05:48] | She remembers me. | 她还记得我 |
[05:54] | why would natalie hang up on you? | 为什么Natalie挂你电话? |
[05:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:57] | – Did you sleep with her sister? – No. | – 你和她姐姐睡过了吗? – 没有 |
[05:59] | – Did you sleep with her mom? – No. | – 那你和她妈妈睡过了? – 也没有 |
[06:01] | I’m losing interest in your story. | 我正对你的故事失去兴趣 |
[06:04] | Well,you must have done something. | 嗯 你一定做了什么事情她才会这样 |
[06:06] | Why did you guys break up? | 你们为什么分手? |
[06:08] | He wasn’t ready for a commitment. | 他还没为做出承诺准备好 |
[06:12] | And her birthday might’ve been coming up. | 那时她的生日快到了 |
[06:15] | okay,so I didn’t want to get a boyfriend-level gift | 好吧 我不想给一个我即将提出分手的人 |
[06:17] | for a girl I was just about to break up with. | 送一份男朋友级别的礼物 |
[06:19] | So you dumped her right before her birthday? | 所以你在她生日前甩了她? |
[06:21] | No,I didn’t dump her right before her birthday. | 不是 我没在生日前甩她 |
[06:28] | Natalie! Hey. Happy birthday. | Natalie! 嘿 生日快乐 |
[06:32] | Listen… | 听着… |
[06:33] | – Never break up with a girl on her birthday! – Lily,please! The shirt! | – 永远都不能在女生的生日那天提出分手! – Lily 别这样! 衬衫! |
[06:38] | I know! It was a mistake! | 我知道!我犯了个错误! |
[06:40] | Well,did she cry her eyes out? | 好吧 她把眼睛给哭肿了吗? |
[06:42] | – I don’t know. – How do you not…?! | – 我不知道 – 你怎么会…?! |
[06:45] | You didn’T. | 不是吧你 |
[06:47] | Natalie! Hey,happy birthday. | Natalie! 嘿 生日快乐 |
[06:51] | Listen… | 听着… |
[06:55] | you’re awesome. | 你很不错 |
[06:56] | You really are. | 真的不错 |
[06:58] | Awesome. | 很不错 |
[07:00] | I’m just like super-busy right now,so… | 我现在很忙 所以… |
[07:02] | maybe we should just… call it a day. | 也许我们之间还是画上休止符吧 |
[07:07] | But you’re awesome. | 但是你很不错 |
[07:08] | On her answering machine!? | 在电话答录机上!? |
[07:11] | – Lily,come on. – And on her birthday?! | – Lily 别这样 – 在她生日那天?! |
[07:13] | Oh,who breaks up with somebody on their answering machine on her birthday?! | 噢 谁会在对方生日那天而且是答录机上提出分手?! |
[07:18] | Yeah,dude. E-mail. | 是啊 兄弟 你该发E-mail说 |
[07:20] | Not exactly the point I was trying to make,marshall. | 这不是我想表达的重点Marshall |
[07:23] | That is a terrible way to break up with someone. | 这样提出分手太可怕了 |
[07:26] | Okay,in my client’s defense, | 好吧 我为我的当事人辩护 |
[07:27] | is there an unterrible way to break up with somebody? No. | 有什么方法与人分手是不可怕的吗? 没有 |
[07:30] | Personally,I’d rather hear the bad news on an answering machine… | 就我个人而言 我宁愿从答录机上听到坏消息… |
[07:32] | than face the humiliation in person. It’s the least painful way you can do it. | 比面对面觉得丢脸好 这是一种减轻对对方伤害的方法 |
[07:36] | – Who are you calling? – Hi,marshall,it’s lily. | – 你在给谁打电话? – 嗨 Marshall 我是Lily |
[07:38] | We’re not gonnhave sex for at least a month, | 至少一个月内我们不会做爱 |
[07:41] | but you’re awesome. Okay,bye-bye. | 但是你很不错 好了 拜拜 |
[07:44] | No,that was a big mistake, ted. You should’ve done it in person. | 不 这是一个很大的错误 Ted 你应该当面说分手 |
[07:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:48] | Desperate, please-don’t-leave-me sex is amazing. | “疯狂绝望的别离开我”性爱 ……妙不可言 |
[07:52] | Okay, it was childish and stupid. I ju… | 好吧 这很幼稚愚蠢 我只是… |
[07:54] | I didn’t want to see her cry. | 我不想看见她哭 |
[07:56] | Well,guess what she cried. | 嗯 猜猜怎么样 她还是哭了 |
[07:58] | You just didn’t have the sack to face those tears. | 你只是没种面对那些眼泪 |
[08:01] | That was me then,okay? | 我以前就是那样 好不? |
[08:02] | This is the new, old-shirt- wearing,sack-having ted. | 现在是一个崭新的 穿着以前的衬衫的有种的Ted |
[08:06] | I’m gonna make this right. | 我要去把这事纠正过来 |
[08:07] | You know what else? “My younger sister… | 你们知道吗? 我的妹妹… |
[08:08] | …just got married and I’m about to turn 30″ sex. | …“新婚而且快三十岁”性爱 |
[08:10] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[08:14] | An occasion that was supposed to be joyous, | 本来应该值得高兴的事 |
[08:16] | suddenly turned tragic when ethel and sadie margolis, | 变成了悲剧 因为Ethel和Sadie Margolis |
[08:19] | new york’s oldest twins, | 纽约最老的一对双胞胎 |
[08:21] | suddenly passed away on this, | 在他们的100岁生日那晚 |
[08:23] | the eve of their 100th birthday. | 突然过世 |
[08:26] | I’m a dirty,dirty girl. | 我是个下流,下流的女生 |
[08:30] | Reporting live,robin trubotsky, metro news one. | 现场直播 Robin Trubotsky 来自metro news one |
[08:34] | Clear. | 清场 |
[08:36] | Joel adams wants to see you in his office. | Joel Adams在办公室等你 |
[08:41] | Before you say anything, | 在你说任何事之前 |
[08:42] | I just want to say I really like working here at metro news one. | 我想说我真的很喜欢在这工作 |
[08:45] | That’s great. So,my dog keeps going | 这很好 那么 我的狗一直不停的… |
[08:51] | – what’S…? – What? | – 这怎么回事…? – 什么? |
[08:53] | You have dogs,right? What do you think that means? | 你也养狗 不是吗? 你觉得这是怎么回事? |
[08:56] | Take him to the vet? | 带他去看兽医? |
[08:58] | genius. | 天才 |
[09:00] | That’s one I owe you. | 我欠你个人情 |
[09:02] | – Was that all? – Yeah. | – 这就是你想说的吗? – 对啊 |
[09:07] | – And nothing about the twins story? – Oh,yeah,great job on that one. | – 没什么关于那个双胞胎的故事要说的吗? – 噢 对 你做的不错 |
[09:09] | New york loves you. You’re a superstar. Bye-bye. | 纽约爱你 你是个超级明星 拜拜 |
[09:14] | That’s when robin realized that no one | 那时候Robin明白了没人 |
[09:16] | not even her boss, watched metro news one. | 甚至包括她的老板 也不看都市新闻一台 |
[09:29] | hi. | 嗨 |
[09:32] | natalie! Come on! I just want to say I’m sorry. | Natalie!别这样! 我只想说我很抱歉 |
[09:35] | I only came down here ’cause you woul’t take my call. | 我来这只是因为你不接我电话 |
[09:38] | Hey,here’s an idea– | 嘿 我有个主意– |
[09:39] | why don’t you leave a message? | 你怎么不用答录机? |
[09:43] | good one. | 很好笑 |
[09:44] | Okay,fine,I’m just going to leave this sock monkey here. | 好 好吧 我把这个袜子猴留下就走 |
[09:48] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[09:54] | – Oh my god. – ok,ok! | – 天那 – 没事 没事! |
[09:55] | look,look,look. I know you’re mad,but… | 听着 听着 听着 我知道你很生气 但是… |
[09:58] | happy birthday.Three years ago. | 生日快乐 3年前的祝福 |
[10:00] | Oh,yeah? Up yours three years ago. | 噢 是吗?随你便 3年前 |
[10:03] | Look,look, I was an idiot leaving that message. | 听着听着 给你留那个言我真是个白痴 |
[10:06] | I realize how much that sucked. | 我意识到那样有多另人讨厌 |
[10:08] | No,you don’T. | 不 你没有 |
[10:10] | Maybe we should just call it a day. | 也许我们之间还是画上休止符吧 |
[10:13] | But you’re awesome. | 但是你很不错 |
[10:17] | Okay,bye. | 好吧 拜 |
[10:21] | Surprise. | 惊喜吧 |
[10:24] | There was a surprise party that night? | 那天晚上有一个惊喜派对吗? |
[10:26] | How come nobody told me? | 为什么没人告诉我? |
[10:28] | People think I can’t keep a secret, but I totally can. | 人们认为我不能保守秘密 但是我完全可以 |
[10:31] | Sorry,not the issue. | 抱歉 和这个没关系 |
[10:33] | Look,natalie, | 听着Natalie |
[10:34] | I was just a stupid kid back then, terrified of commitment. | 我那时是一个愚蠢的小孩 害怕做出承诺 |
[10:37] | And I suppose you’re suddenly ready to get married and settle down. | 我猜你突然做好准备结婚然安定下来 |
[10:41] | Well,yeah,actually. | 嗯 事实上是的 |
[10:43] | I’m a different guy now. | 我现在完全不同了 |
[10:45] | Give me another chance, | 再给我一次机会 |
[10:47] | You must think I have absolutely no self-respect. | 你大概觉得我完全没有自尊吧 |
[10:50] | Come on,just a cup of coffee. | 别这样 只是一起喝点咖啡 |
[10:54] | Please,natalie. Give the guy a chance. | 请别这样 Natalie 给他个机会 |
[10:58] | Self-respect is overrated. | 别太高傲了 |
[11:08] | Maybe it was the caffeine, | 可能是咖啡因的作用 |
[11:10] | but you really brought your game up to a whole new level. | 你的技巧完全提升了个等级 |
[11:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:13] | I did just start subscribing to esquire. | 我刚刚开始订阅《Esquire》 (时尚杂志) |
[11:15] | They have some helpful columns. | 里面有一些很有用的专栏 |
[11:17] | The following | 接下来的 |
[11:19] | is from the october issue. | 来自于十月刊 |
[11:22] | So natalie and i started dating again. | 我和Natalie又开始约会了 |
[11:25] | And just like that,it all came back. | 就那样 以前的那些又回来了 |
[11:27] | The tea candles… | 蜡烛… |
[11:28] | the sock monkeys… | 袜子猴… |
[11:30] | belle and sebastian,all of it. | 格拉丝高 所有的这些 |
[11:32] | It seemed like happily ever after wasn’t far off. | 就象幸福离我不远了 |
[11:36] | Well,I better run. | 嗯 我得走了 |
[11:37] | I have my krav maga class in half an hour. | 半小时后我要去学Krav Maga |
[11:39] | Krav Maga Krav maga. How cool is it that she does krav maga? | 她居然学Krav Maga太酷了 |
[11:42] | Thanks,honey. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[11:44] | – Bye,guys. – Bye. Bye. Take it easy. | – 拜 伙计们 – 拜 拜 慢慢来 |
[11:48] | Dude,what’s krav maga? | 兄弟 什么是Krav Maga? |
[11:49] | I have no idea. Some kind of yoga? | 我也不知道 瑜伽的一种? |
[11:53] | You know,that natalie, she’s good times. | 你知道 这就是Natalie 她与时共进 |
[11:54] | Yeah,she’s,like, the best girl you’ve dated in years. | 嗯 她是这些年里你约会过的最好的女孩 |
[11:56] | Yeah,ted,hold on to that one. | 对 Ted 抓住这个 |
[11:58] | Yeah. I have to break up with her. | 嗯 我得和她分手 |
[12:03] | I don’t get it,man. Natalie’s awesome. | 我不明白 伙计 Natalie很不错啊 |
[12:06] | I know,she’s terrific, but I have to break up with her. | 我知道 她很棒 但是我必须和她分手 |
[12:10] | Why couldn’t you leave that poor girl alone? | 为什么你不能 不去烦那个可怜的女孩? |
[12:13] | I know. Hate this. | 我知道 我讨厌这样 |
[12:15] | These past three weeks have been great. | 过去3周很我们处的不错 |
[12:16] | I should be in love with her,but | 我应该爱上她 但是 |
[12:18] | I’m not feeling that thing. | 我没找到感觉 |
[12:20] | It’s ineffable. | 不知道怎么用语言表达 |
[12:21] | Ineffable. Good word. | 表达不出来 说的好 |
[12:24] | So when are you going to do it? | 那么你准备什么时候和她分手? |
[12:26] | She’s probably on the subway by now. | 她现在可能在地铁站了 |
[12:27] | You could call her voice mail: | 你可以给她语音信箱留言 |
[12:28] | Beep! “Dumped.” Click. DE. No, | 哔! “甩掉” 挂电话 搞定 |
[12:32] | I have to do this face-to-face. | 我必须面对面去做 |
[12:33] | I just, I don’t know what I’m going to say. | 我只是 不知道该怎么说 |
[12:35] | “I’m not ready for a commitment.” | “我还没准备好做出承诺” |
[12:37] | Oh,that’s such a cliche. | 噢 这太老套了 |
[12:38] | It’s not a cliche,it’s a classic. | 这不是老套 是经典 |
[12:41] | It’s the “stairway to heaven” of breakup lines. | 在分手规则里这是 “通往天堂的阶梯” |
[12:43] | Well, I think natalie deserves better. | 嗯 Natalie应该受到更好的对待 |
[12:46] | Better. There’s no “better” in breaking up. | 更好 分手时没有好不好 |
[12:48] | There’s only “less awful.” | 只有少另人难堪点 |
[12:50] | A cliché is a cliché for a reason. | 分手理由老套就老套 |
[12:51] | It’s comforting. It doesn’t matter. | 这更让人舒服点 没关系 |
[12:54] | I already told her I am ready for a commitment,so… | 我已经告诉她我准备好做出承诺了 所以… |
[12:56] | oh,my god. There’s no way out. I’m gonna have to marry her. | 噢 天那 没办法逃脱了 我得和她结婚了 |
[12:59] | No,no,we’re gonna get you out of this. | 不 不 我们会帮你摆脱困境 |
[13:01] | Okay,hoabout… | 嗯 这个… |
[13:04] | “it’s not you,it’s me”? | “这不是你的错 是我的问题”? |
[13:06] | six words– “you look fat in those jeans.” You’re free to go. | 几个字– “你穿牛仔裤显的很胖” 你就可以自由离开 |
[13:11] | Ted,have you considered telling her the truth? | Ted你考虑过告诉她事实吗? |
[13:16] | seriously,honey, men are working here. | 认真的说 亲爱的 我们男人正在这想办法 |
[13:19] | Ted,what is the truth? Why do you want to break up with her? | Ted什么才是事实? 为什么你要和她分手? |
[13:22] | The truth? She’s not the one. | 事实?她不是我要的那个 |
[13:25] | – So tell her that. – Oh,you can’t tell her that. | – 那么就那样告诉她 – 噢 你不能告诉她这个 |
[13:27] | – hat’s horrible. – Why? | – 这太恐怖了 – 为什么? |
[13:29] | What is so horrible about that? | 这有什么好恐怖的? |
[13:31] | Yeah,what is so horrible about that? She’s not the one. | 对 这有什么好恐怖的? 她不是我要的那个 |
[13:34] | Why is that such a heartbreaking thing to hear? | 这个听起来很让人伤心吗? |
[13:36] | The chances of one person being another person’s “the one” | 一个人找到他的另一半的机会 |
[13:39] | are,like,six billion-to-one. | 大概是60亿分之1 |
[13:41] | Yeah,you have better chances of winning the lottery. | 对啊 这比你中彩票还难 |
[13:43] | Exactly! You wouldn’t take it personally if you lost the lottery. | 完全正确! 如果没中彩票你不会认为是自己的错 |
[13:46] | All right,man,tell her the truth. | 好吧 伙计 告诉她事实 |
[13:48] | She’s gonna cry. | 她肯定会哭 |
[13:49] | Yeah,and he’s gonna sit there and he’s gonna take it like a man. | 嗯 他将会处理的象个男人 |
[13:53] | I have to do the mature thing. | 我得做的成熟点 |
[13:55] | Want to talk mature? | 想谈谈成熟吗? |
[13:56] | I just wrapped up a live newscast by honking my own boobs. | 我刚刚在报道的最后 拍了自己的屁股 |
[14:00] | And great tv was had by all. | 一个伟大的节目诞生了 |
[14:04] | All right,trubotsky, new challenge,and this one’s big. | 好吧Trubotsky 新的挑战 这个更猛 |
[14:07] | But so is the cash reward. | 钱也更多 |
[14:09] | For $1,000– you heard me– | 整整1,000块 你听清我说的了吧 |
[14:12] | all you have to do is get up there on the news and do one of these. | 你只要在新闻里做这个 |
[14:23] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么鬼东西? |
[14:24] | – The ickey shuffle. – And as you do it,you say this: | – Ickey舞 – 你做这个的时候,边做边说 |
[14:28] | Elbert “icky” woods, | Elbert “惹人厌” woods (Elber Ickey Woods,橄榄球星) (Ickey舞是他的招牌庆祝动作) |
[14:29] | the bengals were fools to cut you in ’91. | 孟加拉虎队91年的时候 和你解约真是愚蠢 |
[14:32] | Your 1,525 rushing yards and | 你总共1,525码的冲刺…… |
[14:34] | your 27 touchdowns will not be forgotten. | 27次触地得分不会被忘记 |
[14:36] | So coach dave shula, screw you and your crappy steakhouse. | 所以Dave Shula教练(在任期间解约了Elbert) 去你妈的还有你的烂牛排店 (离开教练席后,Dave开了牛排餐厅) |
[14:42] | Just write it down for me. | 写下来给我 |
[14:45] | What do I care? It’s not like anyo’s watching,anyway,right? | 有什么好在乎的? 无论如何根本没人在看 对吗? |
[14:49] | Man,she’s gonna cry. | 天那 她肯定会哭 |
[14:54] | It’s the law of love,chunk. | 这就是恋爱法则 小子 |
[14:57] | Thanks,lil. | 谢谢你Lily |
[14:59] | So,the next night,I took natalie out to dinner… | 就那样 第2天晚上 我带Natalie出去吃饭… |
[15:02] | to do the mature thing. | 去做成熟的事 |
[15:04] | Look,uh,natalie, there’s something I haveo say. | 听着 呃 Natalie 有些话我必须得说 |
[15:06] | Oh,wait,wait. There’s something I have to say first. | 噢 等等 我件事我得先说 |
[15:08] | Today,at work, I had not one,not two, | 今天 工作时 我不只收到一个两个 |
[15:11] | but three birthday cakes. So tonight,can we just skip the cake? | 而是三个生日蛋糕 所以今晚 我们直接跳过蛋糕吧? |
[15:16] | Today’s your birthday? | 今天是你生日吗? |
[15:17] | Yeah. No,it’s okay, I wasn’t telling anyone about it. | 对 不 没关系 我没告诉任何人 |
[15:20] | Today’s your birthday! I… | 今天是你生日! 我… |
[15:25] | I didn’t get you anything. | 我什么都没为你准备 |
[15:27] | Oh,it’s okay. | 噢 没关系 |
[15:29] | You know,you’ve already given me the best present of all. | 你知道 你已经给了我最好的生日礼物 |
[15:33] | I can trust again. | 我又能相信人了 |
[15:37] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[15:44] | Oh,sir,much more wine. | 噢 先生 再来点酒 |
[15:52] | Henry Henry, | |
[15:53] | as new york’s oldest hansom cab driver, you’ve seen quite a lot. | 作为纽约最老最英俊的马车夫 你见过如此多的事情 |
[15:57] | In your past 60 years on the job, | 在你工作的过去60年里 |
[15:59] | what is your most exciting memory? | 哪件事是让你最激动的? |
[16:01] | Well… ah,this is it. | 嗯… 啊 就是这里 |
[16:04] | Oh,boy,here we go. | 噢 伙计 要开始了 |
[16:05] | Everyone,everyone,if I may direct your attention to the television. | 各位 各位 如果你能停下来看电视 |
[16:08] | You are about to see something amazing. | 你将看到一些不可思议的事情 |
[16:10] | And then,in ’72, | 后来在我72岁时 |
[16:13] | Mickey Mantle mickey mantle | (纽约扬基队球星) |
[16:15] | rode my cab for the fourth time. | 第4次坐我的马车 |
[16:18] | Come on,baby. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[16:19] | Bring it home. | 露一手 |
[16:20] | But the most exciting moment– | 但是最让我激动的时刻 |
[16:23] | that would have to be this one, right now. | 是现在这一刻 |
[16:27] | What? | 什么? |
[16:29] | Look at me. I’m on tv. | 看看我 我上电视了 |
[16:32] | I never thought I’d have my story told. | 我从来没想过我能讲自己的故事 |
[16:36] | Thank you, miss robin trubotsky. | 谢谢你Robin Trubotsky小姐 |
[16:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:40] | And right then, | 接着 |
[16:41] | aunt robin realized how important her job truly was. | Robin阿姨认识到 她的工作是多么的重要 |
[16:44] | It’s an honor to tell your story, henry. | 能报道你的故事 我很荣幸,Henry |
[16:48] | You know,metro news one may not be number one in viewership, | 你要知道都市新闻一台在传媒业中 也许并不是最好的节目 |
[16:51] | but this reporter takes pride in… whoa! | 但是我很骄傲… 哇! |
[16:54] | Oh…! Oh,my god, I’m covered in horse crap! | 噢…! 噢 天那 我跌到马屎里了! |
[16:57] | Oh,my god,it’s in my hair. | 噢 天那 弄到我头发上了 |
[17:01] | You planned that? | 你计划的吗? |
[17:03] | No,marshall. | 不是 Marshall |
[17:05] | That was beyond my wildest dreams. | 这已经超越了我的想象 |
[17:08] | So,if you ever come to alabama, | 那么 如果你去阿拉巴马 |
[17:11] | my mom throws the huge crawfish boils, | 我妈妈会给你煮那些巨大的龙虾 |
[17:13] | and she’s just dying to meet you, by the way. | 顺便说下 她很想见你 |
[17:16] | Look,natalie, there’s something I ha to say, | 听着Natalie 有些话我必须得说 |
[17:17] | and,uh, there’s no good way to say it. | 呃 想不到什么好的方式说这个 |
[17:20] | I want to break up. | 我想分手 |
[17:23] | I don’t think you’re the one for me. | 我不认为你就是我要的那个人 |
[17:25] | I don’t want to waste your time, because I really like you. | 我不想浪费你的时间 因为我真的喜欢你 |
[17:29] | I want to do right by you, | 我不想对你做错事 |
[17:30] | and I think the best way for me to do that is just to be honest. | 最好的方式就是我应该对你诚实 |
[17:34] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:38] | Oh,god,just let it out. | 噢 天那 哭出来吧 |
[17:41] | They’re only tears. | 只有眼泪能缓解伤痛 |
[17:47] | I’m not the one for you?! | 我不是你要的那个?! |
[17:50] | I’m sorry,I just… I-I-I thought thmature thing to do… | 我很抱歉 我只是… 我 我 我认为成熟的做法是… |
[17:52] | – it’s my birthday! – Yes,I know. I didn’t realize… | – 今天是我生日! – 是 我知道 我没意识到… |
[17:54] | it’s my birthday,and you’re telling me I’m not the one for you?! | 今天是我生日你却跟我说 我不是你想要的那个人?! |
[17:58] | It’s really not such a big deal. | 这真的没什么大不了 |
[17:59] | I mean,the odds– it’s like you lost the lottery. | 我是说 这跟你没中彩票一样 |
[18:02] | Oh,so dating you is like winning the lottery?! | 噢 跟你约会就象中了彩票?! |
[18:05] | No,no,no,no, I didn’t mean that. | 不 噢 不 噢 我不是那意思 |
[18:06] | Okay,so what’s the problem?! | 好吧 那问题在哪?! |
[18:08] | I… I… | 我… 我… |
[18:09] | I can’t explain it. | 我不知道怎么解释 |
[18:10] | Try! | 试一下! |
[18:11] | It’S… ineffable. | 这是… 不知道怎么表达 |
[18:13] | I’m not effable? | 我不能表达? |
[18:16] | No,no,no,no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[18:16] | “Ineffable.” Ineffable means it can’t be explained. | “不能表达” 不能表达指解释不了 |
[18:19] | – Oh,so I’m stupid? – Oh,god,what’s going on? | – 噢 我很蠢吗? – 噢 天那 到底怎么了? |
[18:22] | Okay,what’s going on is you broke my heart | 好吧 怎么了是你伤了我的心 |
[18:25] | over my answering machine on my birthday, | 我生日在电话答录机上 |
[18:28] | waited three years for me to get over you, | 花了3年忘记你 |
[18:30] | tracked me down, begged me to go out th you again, | 你却又找到我 求我与你和好 |
[18:33] | only so you could dump me three weeks later, | 只是为了你能在3周后甩掉我 |
[18:36] | again,on my birthday! | 再一次在我生日时候! |
[18:38] | No,it’s-it’s-it’s not like that. I’m just… | 不 这 这 这不象你想的那样 我只是… |
[18:41] | it’s-it’s-it’S… | 这 这 这 是… |
[18:42] | – what?! – I’m just,like,so busy right now. | – 什么?! – 我只是 只是现在很忙 |
[18:46] | Remember when natalie said… | 记得Natalie说… |
[18:48] | I have my krav maga class in half an hour. | 半小时后我有Krav Maga课 |
[18:51] | Turns out krav maga is not a kind of yoga. | Krav Maga并不是瑜伽的一种 |
[18:53] | It’s a form of guerilla street fighting developed by the israeli army. | 是以色列军队发明的 用于街头游击战的拳术 |
[19:01] | This is compliments of those two gentlemen at the bar. | 这是吧台那两位绅士的致敬 |
[19:05] | – My knee! – It’s in my hair! | – 我的膝盖! – 弄到我头发上了! |
[19:11] | But isn’t nice to know people are watching? | 知道人们在看这节目 不值得高兴吗? |
[19:17] | Oh,my god. Are you all right? | 噢 天那 你还好吧? |
[19:19] | Wh happened to you? | 你怎么了? |
[19:22] | I told the truth. | 我说出了事实 |
[19:23] | Turns out the truth has a mean roundhouse kick. | 事实意味着一记大抡拳 |
[19:26] | Oh,man. | 噢 伙计 |
[19:27] | Oh,well,you did the right thing. I’m proud of you. | 噢 你做对了 我为你骄傲 |
[19:30] | I’m bleeding internally. | 我的心在滴血 |
[19:32] | Hey,ted,you know what always picks me up when I’m down? | 嘿Ted你知道当我失落的时候 什么让我振作起来吗? |
[19:34] | Other people’s misfortune. | 其他人的不幸 |
[19:35] | You missed something so amazing. | 你错过了精彩的事 |
[19:37] | Please,can we just have one person in this whole bar who didn’t see it? | 天那 整个酒吧就不能留一个 没看到我的糗事的人吗? |
[19:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[19:41] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[19:43] | I really thought I was doing it the good way this time. | 我真的觉得我这次用了很好的方式 |
[19:46] | I guess there is no good way. | 我猜根本就没有什么好的方法 |
[19:48] | Sometimes,no matter how hard you try to do the right thing, | 有时候 不管你多努力去做正确的事情 |
[19:50] | you just end up flat on your back, | 最终也以摔倒结束 |
[19:52] | flailing around in a big pile of horse crap. | 摔倒在一堆马屎上 |
[19:54] | – You saw it? – My phone gets the internet now. | – 你看到了? – 我的电话现在能上网 |
[20:00] | Is OK | 没关系 |
[20:02] | And that’s how it ended with natalie. | 这就是我和Natalie故事的结局 |
[20:04] | No happily ever after, | 没有永远幸福快乐 |
[20:06] | just a whole lot of hurt. | 只有伤害 |
[20:07] | Anjust like that, | 就这样 |
[20:08] | all those wonderful memories were replaced… | 所有的愉快回忆被取代… |
[20:11] | by this one. | 被这些伤害取代 |
[20:12] | But,you kw, | 但是 你知道吗 |
[20:13] | bad as that night was, | 那个晚上太糟糕了 |
[20:14] | within a year, natalie was married. | 不到一年 Natalie就结婚了 |
[20:16] | And now she has three beautiful children. | 现在她有3个美丽的小孩 |
[20:18] | So that’s the upside of hurt. | 这是受伤害的积极的一面 |
[20:20] | Sometimes it happens for a reason. | 有时候因为某些原因而发生 |
[20:25] | So you got beat up by a girl? | 你被一个女生痛揍了? |
[20:28] | Is that all you’re taking away from this story? | 这就是你从这个故事里学到的吗? |
[20:30] | You got beat up by a girl. | 你被一个女生痛揍了 |
[20:33] | Hey,she knew krav maga. | 嘿 她学过Krav Maga |
[20:35] | -=END=- ” How i met your mother Season 01 EP 04 ” -=END=- |