时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | How.I.Met.Your.Mother Season 01 Episode 16 | |
[00:12] | kids,when it comes to love, | 孩子们,说到爱情 |
[00:14] | the best relationships are the ones that just come naturally. | 最好的一对是顺其自然的一对 |
[00:17] | My first solo batch. | 独立完成的作品 |
[00:19] | En,I think those need to stay in the oven a while longer. | 嗯,我觉得还应该烤久一点 |
[00:22] | Here’s a professional tip. | 给你一条专业建议 |
[00:23] | If it’s still runny,it’s not a cupcake. | 还是液状的,这可不是纸托蛋糕 |
[00:26] | It’s a beverage. | 这是种饮料 |
[00:28] | Yeah,well,Things with Victoria were fun, | 哦,好的,和Victoria在一起的时光是快乐的…… |
[00:30] | and easy, | 轻松的…… |
[00:31] | and uncomplicated. | 也是毫不繁复的 |
[00:33] | It was pretty great. | 非常甜蜜 |
[00:40] | are you coloring in your butt? | 你在涂你的屁股? |
[00:43] | I have a big interview coming up, | 我有个重要的面试 |
[00:44] | and my suit has holes in it. | 但我的西裤上有个破洞 |
[00:46] | I can’t sew,I don’t own navy boxers,so,yeah | 我不会缝纫,也没有一条海军蓝内裤 所以…… |
[00:49] | I’m coloring in my butt. | 我只好涂我的屁股 |
[00:51] | So wear another one. | 那就穿条别的西裤 |
[00:52] | I don’t have another one. | 我没有另一条了 |
[00:53] | I’m flat broke. | 我穷死了 |
[00:54] | My only other suit options are track or birthday. | 我剩下的选择就只有运动服和光屁股了 (英语中suit指西服,但tracksuit指运动装 birthday suit指裸体) |
[00:57] | Dude,you show up to an interview in that, | 伙计,你要穿着这个去面试 |
[01:00] | even the hippie lawyers from Granola Mountain Earth Pals | 即使是Granola公司招收素食主义嬉皮士律师 (职业嬉皮原则上是素食主义者) |
[01:02] | will hackey sack you straight out the door. | 也会直接把你炒鱿鱼的 |
[01:04] | Okay,it’s the National Resource Defense Council, | 好吧,是国家资源保护委员会 |
[01:07] | and it’s my dream job. | 是我梦想中的职业 |
[01:08] | Except it’s only an internship, | 不过还只是实习而已 |
[01:10] | and I won’t be getting paid. | 没有工资的 |
[01:11] | Mostly getting people coffee. | 大部分时间就是给人倒咖啡 |
[01:13] | But the people I’m getting coffee for | 但那些我送咖啡的人 |
[01:15] | their bosses are going to save the world. | 他们的老板正在拯救世界 |
[01:18] | Okay,tomorrow…… | 好吧,明天…… |
[01:20] | and I should mention this is gonna rock your world | 我先告诉你这将震动你的世界 |
[01:21] | tomorrow I’m taking you to my personal tailor. | 明天我带你去见我的私人裁缝 |
[01:26] | A tailor? | 裁缝? |
[01:26] | Barney,I make negative $300 a week, | Barney,我每周赚负300美元 |
[01:29] | and I need every negative penny of that for my wedding. | 而且我要省下这些负收入准备我的婚事 |
[01:31] | Relax,my guy does everything for one-third the cost. | 放心,那个人只收三分之一的费用 |
[01:33] | And there is no way you’re getting married in that sarcastic- quotation-marks “suit.” | 而且你也不可能穿着这个“反讽双引号”的“西服”去结婚 |
[01:39] | Tomorrow,noon,my tailor. | 明天,中午,我的裁缝 |
[01:43] | No thanks,dude. | 谢谢不用了,伙计 |
[01:48] | -Noon? -Noon. | -中午? -中午 |
[01:49] | -Okay. -See you then. | -好吧 -到时候见 |
[01:54] | Hey,girls. | 嘿,姑娘们 |
[01:56] | I’m on my way to meet Ted. | 我正要去见Ted |
[01:57] | It’s our two-month-iversary, | 是我们两个月纪念日 |
[01:58] | so we’re going out to dinner. | 所以我们要共进晚餐 |
[01:59] | Great!that answers all the questions I didn’t ask. | 棒极了!你回答了我所有要问的问题 |
[02:02] | Robin! Robin! | |
[02:03] | Oh,come on. | 哦,得了吧 |
[02:04] | We bust on each other. | 我们相互拆台 |
[02:05] | We’re just at that place in our strong friendship. | 正说明我们有着亲密的友谊 |
[02:07] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:09] | Get off me. | 别碰我 |
[02:11] | Oh,see? I did it again. | 哦,看见没有?我又这么做了 |
[02:15] | what are you guys up to? | 你们在干什么? |
[02:16] | Oh,dress shopping. | 哦,挑婚纱 |
[02:17] | You know,I make wedding cakes for a lot of fancy bridal shops. | 我给很多婚纱店做过蛋糕 |
[02:19] | If you want,I could take you shopping, | 你愿意的话,我可以带你去啊 |
[02:20] | maybe get you a discount. | 也许还有优惠 |
[02:22] | Really? That’d be great. | 真的?那太好了 |
[02:27] | I should take this. | 我该接这个 |
[02:29] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:31] | Hey,I thought it was going to be just us tomorrow. | 嘿,我以为明天就我们两个人呢 |
[02:32] | What’s with inviting Punky Brewster? | 怎么又邀请Punky Brewster了? (Punky Brewster是一情景喜剧女主人翁) |
[02:34] | Robin,you’ve gotto get over this Ted and Victoria thing. | Robin,你应该想开些 Ted和Victoria在一起了 |
[02:38] | You had your chance,and now he’s moved on. | 你本可以有机会的,但现在他已经向前看了 |
[02:40] | Can’t you just be happy for them? | 你就不能为他们感到高兴吗? |
[02:42] | The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes. | 我最多只能回应你一个假微笑和一双死鱼眼 |
[02:44] | Sold. | 接受 |
[02:50] | Victoria,what’s wrong? | Victoria,怎么了? |
[02:51] | I’ve just been offered a fellowship at a culinary institute | 我刚收到来自一家烹饪学会的奖学金邀请 |
[02:54] | ……in Germany. | ……在德国 |
[02:56] | Wait. Germany,Europe? | 等等,德国,欧洲? |
[02:58] | It’s for two years. | 要去两年 |
[02:59] | I figured I didn’t have much of a chance, | 我原意为我的机会不大 |
[03:01] | cause they don’t let many Americans in,but… | 因为他们通常不招收美国人,但…… |
[03:04] | I’m in. | 我录取了 |
[03:05] | So,this is the Europe Germany? | 嗯,是那个欧洲的德国? |
[03:07] | What other Germany would it be? | 还会有哪个德国? |
[03:09] | The one in Epcot? | Epcot里面那个? (迪士尼公园的Epcot分园 有各国民俗风景区) |
[03:11] | Ted Ted. | |
[03:11] | sorry | 对不起 |
[03:14] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[03:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:17] | I don’t know if I’m going to go. | 我还不确定要不要去 |
[03:19] | And if-if you do,what does that mean for us? | 而且如果你去了的话我们这又算什么? |
[03:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:24] | I just…… | 我只是…… |
[03:24] | I don’t think that long distance really works for anyone. | 我不认为异地恋会有好的结果 |
[03:27] | Oh,god,no. | 哦,天啊,当然了 |
[03:28] | Long-distance is a lie teenagers tell each other to get laid the summer before college. | 异地恋是高中生在上大学前为了上床而讲的骗话 |
[03:34] | So,that leaves us with… | 所以,我们选择只有…… |
[03:37] | either you stay here, | 要么你留在这儿 |
[03:39] | or we break up. | 要么我们分手 |
[03:45] | look,let’s just see how things progress, | 听着,我们顺其自然好么 |
[03:46] | and if by September,we still feel… | 如果到9月份,我们对彼此还有…… |
[03:47] | I have to leave on Monday | 我周一就要离开了 |
[03:48] | Monday,September the…? | 9月份第几个周一? |
[03:50] | Ted Ted. | |
[03:53] | Do you have any thoughts? | 你有什么看法? |
[03:56] | Maybe we should each take some time to think about what we want. | 真希望我们能有多点时间思考我们真正要什么 |
[03:59] | We’ll meet up tomorrow to discuss it. | 我们明天再见面讨论吧 |
[04:02] | It’s a date. | 就这么定了 |
[04:03] | And that’s when things got complicated. | 而从这里,事情开始一发不可收拾 |
[04:08] | Hey,baby,how’s the dress place? | 嘿,宝贝,婚纱店怎么样? |
[04:09] | Everything’s so fluffy and white. | 这里一切都是蓬蓬的,白白的 |
[04:11] | It’s like shopping in a marshmallow. | 好像在一团棉花糖里买东西一样 |
[04:13] | How’s Barney’s tailor? | Barney的裁缝怎么样? |
[04:16] | everything here is dark and sketchy and seems illegal. | 这里的一切都暗暗的,乱糟糟的,看起来好像非法的 |
[04:20] | It’s like shopping in Barney’s mind. | 好像在Barney的脑子里买东西一样 |
[04:23] | -good luck,baby. -Bye. | -祝你好运,宝贝 -再见 |
[04:26] | Hey,Barney, | 嘿,Barney |
[04:27] | I’m not sure about this. | 我心里有点发怵 |
[04:29] | A tailor in the back room of a pet store? | 住在宠物店后面的裁缝? |
[04:31] | Look,do you want a quality suit and a free rabbit or not? | 听着,你还想不想要一套好西装另附送一只兔子了? |
[04:40] | Ted,Sergei says stop moping around. | Ted,Sergei说别在这儿唉声叹气了 |
[04:41] | You’re distracting him from his process. | 你打扰到他工作了 |
[04:43] | You speak ukrainian? | 你会说乌克兰语? |
[04:46] | Guys,I’m kind of screwed here. | 伙计们,我现在进退两难了 |
[04:48] | I don’t want to lose Victoria, | 我不想失去Victoria |
[04:50] | but I can’t ask her to stay just for me. | 但我也不想只因为我让她留下 |
[04:52] | And long distance definitely isn’t an option. | 而且又不可能异地恋 |
[04:54] | No. No,no,no. No way. | 不,不,不可能 |
[04:56] | You know who likes long distance? | 你知道谁喜欢异地恋吗? |
[04:57] | Girls. It’s all talking and no sex. | 女孩儿们,只有聊天没有性生活 |
[04:59] | Kill me now. | 杀了我吧 |
[05:01] | Don’t knock long-distance relationships. | 别诋毁异地恋 |
[05:03] | I really think they can work. | 我认为是可行的 |
[05:05] | Really? You? | 真的?你? |
[05:06] | Absolutely. | 那当然 |
[05:06] | I’m juggling four right now. | 我现处于四段异地恋中 |
[05:08] | There’s lisa in Madrid, | 马德里的Lisa |
[05:10] | there’s Erica in Tokyo, | 东京的Erica |
[05:11] | there’s Laura in Denmark, | 丹麦的Laura |
[05:13] | and Kelly on 34th street. | 还有34号大街的Kelly |
[05:16] | The lass thinks I’m a humble sheep shearer from Killarney. | 最后那个以为我是基尔拉尼的牧羊人 |
[05:20] | Ted,do you remember in college when Lily did that summer art program in Paris? | Ted,你还记得大学时候Lily到巴黎去进修暑假艺术课程 |
[05:24] | she kept talking about this cheesy French guy,Gabriel. | 她一直提起一个法国男生,Gabriel |
[05:28] | So,I went out to visit, | 于是我就到那边去了 |
[05:29] | and there was this party. | 正好有个派对 |
[05:30] | And who shows up but Gabriel. | 那个Gabriel也去了 |
[05:32] | And he’s got this weak-ass,thin French moustache. | 他留着两撇俗气的法国小胡子 |
[05:35] | Yet I’m not much of a fighter, | 我不是惹事生非的人 |
[05:36] | but I knew I could take this weird little dude. | 但我知道我能搞定这个小怪胎 |
[05:38] | So,I took him aside, | 所以我把他叫到一边 |
[05:40] | and I got all creepy quiet, | 保持沉默 |
[05:41] | I got the crazy eyes going, | 杀人的眼神 |
[05:43] | and I said, | 然后我说 |
[05:45] | “you stay away from Lily, | 你离Lily远点儿 |
[05:48] | or I swear to god I’ll eat that moustache right off of your ugly French face.” | 否则我就把你的胡子从你恶心的法国脸上咬下来 |
[05:54] | Yeah,then he literally ran away. | 是的,然后他逃跑了 |
[05:55] | I think he was crying. | 我想他哭了 |
[05:57] | I never told Lily about it. | 我从来没有告诉Lily |
[05:59] | To be honest,I’m not very proud of it. | 说实话,我不为此感到骄傲 |
[06:02] | To be even more honest,I am. | 说真正的实话,我很骄傲 |
[06:06] | other than confirming a lot of European stereotypes about Americans, | 除了向欧洲人展示美国人的一贯风貌以外 |
[06:08] | did that little story have a point? | 这个故事还有什么意义吗? |
[06:11] | Yeah,the point is that even though Lily is my soul mate, | 是的,意义就是,尽管Lily是我终生心灵伴侣 |
[06:13] | long distance still almost killed us. | 异地恋几乎断送了我们 |
[06:15] | If you think that there’s any chance that Victoria is your soul mate, | 如果你认为有可能 Victoria就是那一半的话 |
[06:19] | you should ask her to stay. | 你应该让她留下 |
[06:20] | But,I don’t know if she is. It’s still so early, | 但是,我就是不知道,一切都太早了 |
[06:21] | but yeah,she could be. | 不过,她有可能就是啊 |
[06:23] | Oh,please.You barely know this girl. | 哦,得了吧,你都不了解她 |
[06:24] | What’s her favorite color? | 她最喜欢的颜色是什么? |
[06:25] | Is she a cat person or a dog person? | 她喜欢猫还是喜欢狗? |
[06:27] | Is she open to a three-way? | 她乐不乐意三人行? |
[06:29] | Ted,I do more research than this before buying a cell phone. | Ted,我买部手机做的研究都比你足 |
[06:32] | And FYI,yes,I have three-way calling. | 另外仅供参考,我的手机支持“三方通话” |
[06:36] | Look,she can’t be a cat person. | 听着,她不可能喜欢猫 |
[06:37] | I’m a dog person,I’m attracted to other dog people. | 我是喜欢狗的人,爱狗者物以类聚 |
[06:40] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[06:45] | hello. | 喂 |
[06:46] | Hey,random question. | 嘿,随机问题 |
[06:47] | How do you feel about cats? | 你喜欢猫吗? |
[06:48] | Cats. | 猫? |
[06:49] | Hated the musical,love the animal. | 讨厌那部歌剧,喜欢那种动物 (一著名歌剧名为《猫》) |
[06:52] | Good to know. | 了解 |
[06:53] | okay. | 好的 |
[06:54] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[06:56] | She’s a cat person. | 她喜欢猫 |
[06:58] | I don’t know this girl at all. | 我根本不了解这女孩儿 |
[07:02] | excellent. | 棒极了 |
[07:02] | We’ll take this one. | 我们选这个 |
[07:04] | it’s my suit.Shouldn’t I be the one to choose? | 这是我的西装不该由我来选吗? |
[07:07] | here. Play with this pin cushion. | 乖,给你个针垫玩儿 |
[07:16] | God. | 上帝啊 |
[07:17] | I’m going to look hot. | 我看起来帅呆了 |
[07:19] | Marshall,I can’t let you waste a suit this nice fighting a losing battle | Marshall,我可不能让你穿着这样的行头去打败仗 |
[07:23] | for our planet’s survival. | 就什么狗屁资源保护 |
[07:24] | This is a suit for winners. | 这是强者的西装 |
[07:25] | I am getting you an interview at my office. | 我给你安排个面试,到我们公司来 |
[07:28] | We need good men like you in our legal department. | 我们的法律分部需要像你这样优秀的人才 |
[07:29] | We get sued a lot. | 我们经常吃官司 |
[07:32] | No way. | 不行 |
[07:33] | The kid does not sell out. | 我不卖第二家 |
[07:35] | come on,dude! | 来嘛,伙计 |
[07:36] | Three months working with me, | 三个月跟我工作 |
[07:37] | you’ll make more than Lily makes in a year. | 比Lily一年赚的还多 |
[07:41] | No. | 不 |
[07:41] | I’ve made my decision. | 我意已决 |
[07:43] | So have I. | 我也是 |
[07:45] | If I ask this girl to give up her dreams for me, | 如果我要求一个女生为了我而放弃梦想 |
[07:46] | and two weeks later,it’s not working out, | 如果两个星期后我们又没能在一起 |
[07:47] | I’m,like,the biggest jerk of all time. | 我不是成了一个大混球了吗? |
[07:50] | It’s just too much pressure on a new relationship. | 只能说这对一段刚起步的恋情而言太过强求了 |
[07:54] | I’m going to tell her to go. | 我会让她走的 |
[07:57] | And so I met her that night to tell her my decision. | 于是我那天晚上与她见面并告诉她我的决定 |
[08:00] | All right,I’ve been thinking a lot about this… | 好吧,我考虑了很久…… |
[08:02] | okay,before you say anything, | 嗯,在你说出来之前 |
[08:05] | I wanted to give you this. | 我先给你这个 |
[08:09] | This is what happens when you, | 这个才是…… |
[08:11] | you know,let them finish baking. | 烤熟的成品 |
[08:20] | I want you to stay. | 我想要你留下来 |
[08:25] | Everything here is darkand sketchy, and seems illegal. | 这里的一切都暗暗的,乱糟糟的,看起来好像非法的 |
[08:29] | It’s like shopping in Barney’s mind. | 好像在Barney的脑子里买东西一样 |
[08:32] | -good luck,baby. -Bye. | -祝你好运,宝贝 -再见 |
[08:34] | Now,what sort of dress did you have in mind,dear? | 那么,你想要件什么样式的? |
[08:37] | Nothing too huge or-or poofy. | 不要太雍容或者太华丽 |
[08:39] | I’m not really a girlie girl. | 我不是很爱花俏 |
[08:41] | But I would like to look like a beautiful princess. | 不过我还是希望能象个漂亮的公主 |
[08:44] | I saw a couple up front that were nice. | 我看见店前面有几套不错的 |
[08:45] | By the window? | 橱窗里的? |
[08:47] | No offense,dear, | 恕我冒犯,亲爱的 |
[08:48] | but those are a little out of your price range. | 那些都在你能承受的范围之外 |
[08:52] | Where does she get off? | 她这话从哪儿来? |
[08:53] | She doesn’t know how much money I make. | 她又不知道我的收入是多少 |
[08:55] | Oh,these women are experts. | 哦,这些女人都是行家 |
[08:57] | They can guess your net annual income just by looking at your underwear. | 她们看看你的内衣就可以知道你的年收入是多少 |
[09:00] | Damn you,old navy and your reasonably-priced three-packs! | 该死的老式海军短裤和廉价三点式 |
[09:04] | At least we get free champagne! | 至少我们有免费的香槟! |
[09:06] | And cake. | 还有蛋糕 |
[09:07] | Speaking of which,Victoria, | 说起来,Victoria |
[09:09] | have you decided what to do about your doughnut fellowship? | 关于甜甜圈奖学金的问题,你考虑好了没有? |
[09:12] | You know,I don’t know. | 嗯,我也不清楚 |
[09:14] | I mean,I want to go, | 我是说,我是想去 |
[09:15] | but I don’t want to lose Ted. | 但我也不想失去Ted |
[09:16] | I even thought about long distance, | 我想过异地恋的可能 |
[09:17] | as if that ever works. | 如果能行的话 |
[09:19] | All talking and no sex.Kill me now. | 光聊天没性生活?杀了我吧 |
[09:22] | I know it sounds lame, | 我知道这听起来也许比较土 |
[09:24] | but I actually think that Ted might be the one. | 但我想Ted有可能就是我的真命天子 |
[09:27] | That’s pretty hard to walk away from. | 很难说离开就离开 |
[09:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:30] | I’d feel a little stepford turning down a huge opportunity | 我觉得要是为了爱情拒绝事业就有点像《复制娇妻》了 |
[09:33] | to chase some guy I’d only known two months. | 就为了和一个刚认识没两个月的男人 |
[09:35] | But this isn’t just some guy. | 但这不是随便哪个男的 |
[09:37] | This is Ted. | 这可是Ted |
[09:39] | He’s amazing. | 他棒极了 |
[09:40] | He’s the best guy I know. | 他是我认识的最好的男人 |
[09:42] | in America,but German guys? | 美国最好的,但是德国男人? |
[09:45] | I would let them bread my schnitz any day, | 我愿意让他们每天给我的干果片撒上面包屑 |
[09:47] | if you know what I mean. | 明白我的意思吗? |
[09:49] | -I really don’t… -sex. | -说实话,不是很明白 -性爱 |
[09:52] | Excuse me,ma’am. | 对不起,女士 |
[09:53] | This bastard’s kicked. | 这瓶搞定了 |
[09:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:00] | It’s okay,guys,I hate it. | 没关系,伙计们,我讨厌这套 |
[10:01] | -Just horrible. -It’s bad,it’s really bad. | -糟糕透了 -很丑,真的很丑 |
[10:03] | Short in front,long in the back? | 前短,后长? |
[10:05] | That is the Mullet of wedding dresses. | 这是婚纱中的Mullet (一种发型,前短后长) |
[10:09] | You know,Victoria,Marshall and I did long distance once. | 要知道,Victoria,Marshall和我曾经有过异地恋 |
[10:12] | In college,I did an art course in Paris. | 大学的时候,我到巴黎去进修 |
[10:15] | I was the only American there. | 我是那儿唯一的美国人 |
[10:17] | It was really lonely. | 非常的孤单 |
[10:18] | I only had one friend,Gabrielle. | 我只有一个朋友,Gabrielle |
[10:21] | She was kind of homely and strange-looking, | 她长得有点怪 |
[10:24] | and she was really self-conscious about this little moustache she had. | 她还很在意她嘴唇上的两撇小胡子 |
[10:27] | Anyway,halfway through the semester, | 后来,学期刚过一半的时候 |
[10:29] | she just stopped talking to me, | 她忽然不理我了 |
[10:30] | and I never figured out why. | 我一直没弄明白为什么 |
[10:33] | And then I had nobody. | 然后我又成孤单一人了 |
[10:35] | The only thing that got me through was knowing that | 唯一让我坚持过来的信念是 |
[10:37] | my soul mate was back at home waiting for me. | 我的心灵伴侣还在家乡等我回去 |
[10:41] | If Ted’s your soul mate, | 如果Ted是你的心灵伴侣 |
[10:42] | then it may be worth it to hang onto him. | 也许这就值得你留下 |
[10:45] | But how am I supposed to know if we’re soul mates? | 但我如何才能知道他是不是呢? |
[10:47] | It’s too soon. | 这一切都太早了 |
[10:50] | Speak of the devil. | 说曹操,曹操到 |
[10:51] | Hello. | 喂 |
[10:51] | Hey,random question: How do you feel cats? | 嘿,随机问题:你喜欢猫吗? |
[10:53] | Cats. Hated the musical,love the animal. | 猫,讨厌歌剧,喜欢动物 |
[10:56] | A cat person. | 喜欢猫的人 |
[10:57] | Why am I not surprised? | 真是不出意料啊 |
[11:00] | Bye. | 拜 |
[11:02] | Why does Ted want to know if I like cats? | 为什么Ted想知道我喜不喜欢猫? |
[11:04] | Maybe he’s going buy you one. | 也许他想送你一只 |
[11:06] | I did hear barking in the background. | 我的确听到电话里有狗叫声 |
[11:08] | Maybe he was in a pet store. | 也许他正在一家宠物店里 |
[11:10] | Does he want us to get a cat together? | 他想让我们一起养只猫吗? |
[11:12] | Maybe he’s using an adorable kitty to guilt you into staying. | 也许他想用可爱的猫咪引诱你留下 |
[11:16] | that is low. | 这招很低劣 |
[11:18] | Do you really think that’s what he’s doing? | 你真这么认为? |
[11:19] | I wouldn’t even wait to find out. | 我都不会等等看是不是真的 |
[11:21] | I would be on the next plane to Germany. | 我立马坐下一班飞机去德国 |
[11:27] | Oh,god,you guys are sucky liars. | 哦,天啊,你们真不会撒谎 |
[11:29] | -Ugly,ugly,ugly. -I don’t know what to say. | -丑死了,丑死了 -我无语了 |
[11:32] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[11:33] | We’re doing this all wrong. | 我们不敢这么找 |
[11:35] | I am going to get you one of those front window dresses,just for fun. | 我去帮你那件橱窗里的婚纱,就试穿而已 |
[11:42] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[11:43] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[11:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:45] | Just kind of seemed like you’re trying to hustle Victoria out of the country. | 只是看起来你恨不得马上让Victoria出国去 |
[11:49] | I’m not,I’m just trying to support her. | 没有啊,我只是在支持她 |
[11:51] | She got a super-important dessert scholarship. | 她获得了一个超级重要的甜点奖学金 |
[11:53] | stop being sarcastic. | 别说得这么讽刺 |
[11:55] | It is a super-important dessert scholarship. | 那本就是个超级重要的甜点奖学金 |
[11:58] | that’s hard to say without sounding sarcastic. | 谁说出口都显得讽刺 |
[12:01] | Look… | 听着…… |
[12:02] | I know you’re not Victoria’s biggest fan, | 我知道你不怎么喜欢Victoria |
[12:04] | but she seems to make Ted happy. | 但Ted和她在一起很开心 |
[12:08] | So think about that before you use your miles to buy her a plane ticket. | 所以在你用自己的航空附赠里程为她买机票前好好想想吧 |
[12:12] | Somebody say “beautiful princess.” | 有人想当“漂亮公主” |
[12:14] | Oh,my gosh,it’s perfect! | 哦,我的天啊,太完美了 |
[12:17] | This dress is totally going to get me laid on my wedding night. | 穿上这条裙子,我的新婚之夜一定彻夜难眠 |
[12:22] | oh,look how happy she is. | 哦,瞧她多幸福啊 |
[12:25] | You know,I’ve always thought of myself as one of those | 要知道,我曾以为自己是那种…… |
[12:27] | independent women who would never let any guy mess with my career. | 独立的女人,不会让感情破坏自己的事业 |
[12:31] | And now I’m actually thinking about it. | 而现在我却真的这么考虑了 |
[12:33] | I feel guilty, | 我感到内疚 |
[12:34] | like it’s un-feminist or something. | 好像有点太小女人了 |
[12:39] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[12:40] | You do? | 真的? |
[12:44] | I’m always putting my career ahead of my relationships,and… | 我总是把事业放第一感情第二,然而…… |
[12:48] | to be honest,there’s a lot of lonely nights in that job description. | 说实话,我这样的工作总是带来不少孤独的夜晚 |
[12:52] | See,that’s what I’m afraid of. | 瞧,我就是害怕这样 |
[12:54] | Choosing Ted over your career doesn’t make you un-feminist. | 选择Ted而不是事业并不是说明你小女人 |
[13:00] | Maybe it just means that you guys would be happy together. | 也许这意味着你们在一起会很幸福 |
[13:04] | Robin… Robin… | |
[13:06] | I think that you are the coolest. | 我觉得你是最酷的 |
[13:10] | I’m so glad that we’re friends. | 我很高兴我们是朋友 |
[13:12] | no way…… | 不可能…… |
[13:12] | you’re the coolest. | 你才是最酷的 |
[13:13] | No,you are. | 不,你才是 |
[13:16] | Okay,I am. | 好吧,我是 |
[13:21] | I’m going to stay. | 我打算留下来 |
[13:31] | I am so beautiful! | 我真是太美了 |
[13:33] | don’t tell me how much it costs. | 别告诉我要花多少钱 |
[13:34] | Just snap my neck now, | 就这样砍我的头吧 |
[13:35] | so I can die this pretty. | 我就可以死得其美 |
[13:38] | you look incredible. | 你看起来美极了 |
[13:41] | Okay,okay,how much is it, | 好吧,好吧,这要多少钱? |
[13:42] | on a scale of never to never ever? | 是“永远不可能”还是“永远永远不可能”? |
[13:45] | Never ever,ever,ever,ever… | 永远永远永远…… |
[13:47] | times infinity. | 无限时间…… |
[13:51] | it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[13:53] | You know,what makes a bride beautiful is that | 你知道,新娘之所以漂亮是因为…… |
[13:56] | she’s just happy to be getting married. | 她很开心就要嫁人了 |
[14:02] | guys,I know I look amazing, | 伙计们,我知道我看起来美极了 |
[14:04] | but the important thing is that Marshall and I love each other,right? | 但重要的是,Marshall和我彼此相爱,对不? |
[14:08] | Yes,you’re right. | 是的,没错 |
[14:10] | But also… | 但顺便提一句 |
[14:12] | you just sat down in the cake. | 你坐到蛋糕上了 |
[14:17] | but,you know what? | 没关系,要知道 |
[14:17] | It’s going to come out because it’s only… | 很容易洗的,只是些 |
[14:19] | chocolate and raspberry. | 巧克力和树莓 |
[14:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:22] | Come on,get up,let us see how bad it is. | 来,站起来,看看有多糟 |
[14:33] | it was like this when I found it? | 我找到的时候就是这样了 |
[14:35] | And how will you be paying for this? | 你打算怎么赔? |
[14:39] | credit card…s. | 信用卡……多张 |
[14:46] | I wanted to give you… … | 我想给你…… |
[14:48] | this. | 这个 |
[14:50] | This is what happens when you… | 这个才是…… |
[14:51] | you know,let them finish baking. | 烤熟的成品 |
[15:01] | I want you to stay. | 我想要你留下来 |
[15:06] | I have to go to Germany. | 我必须去德国 |
[15:11] | you’re going? | 你要走? |
[15:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:13] | I have to. | 我必须走 |
[15:14] | So that’s what you decided? | 你真的这么决定了? |
[15:16] | no…… | 不是…… |
[15:16] | I mean,I actually came here tonight leaning toward staying, | 我本来打算留下来的 |
[15:19] | but when you just told me to stay, | 可听你说要我留下来 |
[15:20] | it made me realize that I have to go. | 让我意识到我必须走 |
[15:22] | What is this,opposite day or something? | 什么意思,今天是反话节? |
[15:24] | No. | 不是 |
[15:24] | So it is? | 意思是“是”? |
[15:27] | Ted,we’ve only been dating for two months. | Ted,我们才相处两个月 |
[15:30] | I can’t let you make this decision for me. | 我不能让你为我做决定 |
[15:32] | I was totally going to tell you to go, | 我本来是想让你走的 |
[15:33] | but then you gave me this cupcake, | 然后你又给我这个纸托蛋糕 |
[15:35] | and it reminded me how great you are. | 让我想起来你有多么好 |
[15:37] | is there any chance that you would move to Germany with me? | 有没有可能你愿意和我一起去德国? |
[15:39] | that’s just crazy. | 那太疯狂 |
[15:42] | Oh,okay. | 哦,好啊 |
[15:43] | So it’s fine for me to make sacrifices for you, | 我为你做牺牲就行得通 |
[15:45] | but for you it’s crazy. | 要你来就太疯狂 |
[15:46] | But you have a job here and a life; | 但你留在这还有工作有生活 |
[15:48] | I’d have nothing there. | 我在那边一无所有 |
[15:48] | You’d have me. | 你还有我啊 |
[15:49] | We’ve only been dating two months. | 我们才相处两个月 |
[15:53] | Oh,it’s not fair. | 哦,这不公平 |
[15:54] | It’s not fair that we have to break up. | 我们必须分手,这真不公平 |
[15:56] | I hate this. | 我恨这样 |
[16:00] | So… | 那么…… |
[16:02] | we’re breaking up? | 我们要分手了? |
[16:05] | I guess so. | 我猜是吧 |
[16:09] | I guess so. | 我猜是吧 |
[16:13] | God,that sucks,man. | 老天,烂结局,伙计 |
[16:15] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:17] | It was just too much pressure too soon. | 只是压力太大也太早了 |
[16:19] | I mean,maybe it was silly to even think… | 我是说,也许这样想都太疯狂了…… |
[16:22] | yes,Marshall,I see your new suit, | 是的,Marshall,我看见你的新西服了 |
[16:24] | and it’s awesome. | 棒极了 |
[16:25] | thank you for acknowledging it. | 谢谢你的赞许 |
[16:27] | It was weird that you hadn’t. | 奇怪,反应这么慢 |
[16:28] | Look,I understand that you guys had to break up eventually, | 听着,我明白你们俩最后不得不分手 |
[16:31] | but why today? | 但为什么要是今天 |
[16:32] | She’s leaving tomorrow. | 她明天就要走了 |
[16:33] | but she’s still in town. | 但她还在这儿啊 |
[16:34] | she… | 她…… |
[16:35] | she’s still in town. | 她还在这边 |
[16:37] | so you spend one more amazing day together. | 你们就多相处美好的一天啊 |
[16:40] | Ted,think about it this way: | Ted,这样想 |
[16:41] | If you knew that you were going to lose your leg tomorrow, | 要是你知道明天你就要失去你的腿了 |
[16:44] | would you sit on the couch and cry about it, | 你是坐在沙发上为此哭泣 |
[16:46] | or would you run,and jump, | 还是你会去跑,去跳 |
[16:48] | and do some awesome air kicks while you still could? | 去做一些漂亮的凌空飞踢珍惜你的最后时光? |
[16:54] | awesome air kicks? | 漂亮的凌空飞踢? |
[16:58] | New pajama bottoms? | 新的睡裤? |
[16:59] | You know it. | 终于发现了 |
[17:01] | So we can sit around and cry, | 所以我们要么坐在原地哭泣 |
[17:03] | or we can run,and do awesome air kicks before our leg gets chopped off. | 或者我们在腿被砍掉之前去跑,去做一些凌空飞踢 |
[17:07] | Wait,so we’re sharing the leg? | 等一下,这腿是我们共有的吗? |
[17:09] | No,the leg is a metaphor. | 不,这腿是个比喻 |
[17:11] | How could the leg be well enough to do awesome air kicks one day, | 怎么可能这条腿今天还能做漂亮的凌空飞踢 |
[17:14] | and yet still so sick it needs to be chopped off the next? | 但是却病得不行,必须被砍掉? |
[17:19] | I don’t know,Ted. | 我不知道,Ted |
[17:20] | Come on,we’ve had a good run. | 来嘛,我们在一起很开心 |
[17:22] | Why end on a fight? | 为什么以一个吵架作结局? |
[17:24] | what would you want to do? | 你想怎么做? |
[17:25] | Let’s do all the stuff we talked about doing and never got around to. | 我们去完成那些以前谈到过却一直没实现的事情 |
[17:28] | Like go to the MET. | 比如去MET? (大都会艺术博物馆) |
[17:29] | we’ll walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. | 我们从布鲁克林大桥上走过去 |
[17:30] | See some monkeys at the zoo? | 看看动物园里的猴子? |
[17:32] | Go to that French-Vietnamese place we keep passing and say we want to try? | 去那个法国-越南式餐厅 我们每次路过都说要试试的 |
[17:35] | Wow,we’d better get going. | 哇,我们最好开始出发吧 |
[17:38] | big day. | 漫长的一天 |
[17:39] | And,kids, | 听我说,孩子们 |
[17:40] | that’s exactly what we did with our last day. | 我们最后一天的确这么过了 |
[17:43] | The museum,the bridge,the restaurant, | 博物馆,大桥,餐厅 |
[17:46] | and all of those nice things. | 所有一切美好的事情 |
[17:49] | Lily,you have to tell him. | Lily,你必须告诉他 |
[17:51] | That dress cost a fortune. | 那件婚纱可不便宜 |
[17:52] | No,I’m just gonna wait for the next time Marshall really screws up, | 不,我会等到Marshall什么时候做了错事 |
[17:55] | and then,I’ll just slip this in, | 然后,我在顺便提起来 |
[17:56] | and it won’t seem so bad by comparison. | 这样有了比较就不显得糟 |
[17:59] | here’s hoping he cheats on you. | 为他背着你偷腥干杯 |
[18:01] | but only,like,second base. | 但最好只到二垒 |
[18:05] | Look at us: Two guys in suits. | 瞧瞧我们,两个穿西装的男人 |
[18:08] | You feel that slight tingle? | 感受到空气中的一些刺激感了吗? |
[18:09] | That’s every girl in the bar wanting you, | 那是酒吧里的每个姑娘都想要你 |
[18:12] | and every guy wanting to be you. | 而每个男人都想要成为你 |
[18:14] | Actually,it’s mostly me, | 事实上,大部分是冲我来的 |
[18:15] | but you’re getting some of the splash. | 有些许反弹到你身上 |
[18:20] | hey,babe. | 嘿,宝贝 |
[18:20] | Dollar beer night, | 美元啤酒之夜 |
[18:21] | so I splurged and got us each our own. | 所以我炫耀一下,请每个人都喝一杯 |
[18:24] | So,have you thought more about coming to work for Barney corp? | 那么,有没有考虑到Barney集团来工作啊? |
[18:27] | please | 得了吧 |
[18:28] | your company is not called Barney corp. | 你的公司才不叫Barney集团 |
[18:30] | Yet. | 就快了 |
[18:32] | I almost forgot. | 差点儿忘了 |
[18:33] | Sergei sent me your bill. | Sergei把你的帐单给我 |
[18:36] | B… Barney,this says $4,000. | B… Barney,这上面说要4000美元 |
[18:40] | I thought you said that it was one-third price. | 我记得你说只要三分之一的价的 |
[18:42] | must be a $12,000 suit. | 那可能这是一套1万2的西装吧 |
[18:44] | guess you’ll have to come work at my company. | 看来你必须来我公司了 |
[18:47] | You set this up! | 你忽悠我! |
[18:48] | You set this whole thing up! | 这都是你在下圈套! |
[18:50] | I most certainly did… | 我当然……这么做了 |
[18:54] | it won’t work. | 没用的 |
[18:55] | Even if I have to get two extra night jobs, | 就算我去打两份零工 |
[18:57] | I’ll pay your precious tailor. | 我也会付这笔帐的 |
[18:59] | I’m not selling my soul. | 我不会出卖我的灵魂 |
[19:02] | Baby,I know that this will make things harder, | 宝贝,我知道今后会有点困难 |
[19:03] | but I will make it work,I promise. | 但我会做到的,我保证 |
[19:06] | I destroyed an $8,000 wedding dress. | 我毁了一条8000块的婚纱 |
[19:10] | What time is the interview? | 面试是什么时候? |
[19:11] | 9:00 A.M.,And you’ll need new shoes. | 上午9:00,你要准备双新鞋 |
[19:13] | Don’t worry,I know a guy. | 别担心,我认识个人 |
[19:20] | I’m glad we got to spent the day doing awesome air kicks. | 我很高兴我们最后一天做了很多漂亮的凌空飞踢 |
[19:23] | I was almost too tired for all the sex. | 我都快厌烦那些性爱了 |
[19:29] | I’m going to miss you so much. | 我会想念你的 |
[19:30] | I’m going to miss you,too. | 我也会想你的 |
[19:39] | Hey,you know,I mean,if, | 嘿,你知道,我是说……要是 |
[19:40] | when I get back,we’re still single,we can… | 我回来之后,我们都还单身,我们可以…… |
[19:43] | even if we’re not. | 就算我们不是单身了 |
[20:05] | look,I know it never works for anyone,but… | 听着,我知道还没一次成功过 |
[20:07] | …do you want to try long distance? | ……你愿意尝试异地恋吗? |
[20:09] | Yes. Yes! | 当然,当然! |
[20:14] | we can beat the odds. | 我们可以打破绝对 |
[20:15] | Odds,schmodds. | 绝对,去他的绝对 |
[20:16] | It’s gonna work. | 能成功的 |
[20:18] | We’re going to make it work | 我们会坚持下来的 |
[20:18] | it’ll work. | 这能行 |
[20:21] | It didn’t work. | 这没成功 |
[20:23] | Long-distance was | 异地恋曾经是…… |
[20:24] | and is a terrible idea, | 现在也是个糟糕的主意 |
[20:26] | a really terrible idea, | 非常糟糕的主意 |
[20:28] | just awful. | 太糟糕了 |
[20:30] | But more on that later. | 不过这都是后话了 |