时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | When your Uncle Marshall was ten years old, | 当你们的Marshall叔叔十岁时 |
[00:15] | he read a book called Life Among the Gorillas. | 他读了本书叫《在大猩猩中生活》 |
[00:17] | It was written by an anthropologist named Dr. Aurelia Birnholz-Vazquez, | Aurelia Birnholz-Vazquez一个人类学博士所写 |
[00:22] | and it told the story of the year she spent living among the Western Lowland Gorillas of Cameroon. | 讲的是她和喀麦隆的西部低地猩猩一起生活的经历 |
[00:27] | When Dr. Birnholz-Vazquez came to the local community college to give a lecture, | Birnholz-Vazquez博士来地方大学办讲座 |
[00:32] | Marshall, the youngest member of the audience, raised his hand with a question. | 最年轻的听众Marshall举起了手提问 |
[00:36] | What advice do you have for a budding anthropologist? | 你对未来的人类学家有什么建议? |
[00:39] | So you want to be an anthropologist? | 你想成为人类学家吗? |
[00:41] | Yep. When I grow up, I want to go live with the gorillas, just like you did. | 对 我长大后要和你一样跟大猩猩一起生活 |
[00:45] | What she said next changed his life. | 她接下来说的话改变了他的一生 |
[00:47] | Oh, that’s wonderful, but I’m afraid you can’t. | 噢, 不错, 但恐怕你不行了 |
[00:50] | They’ll all be dead by then. | 等你长大那时候猩猩已经死光了 |
[00:55] | …and if economic sanctions and trade restrictions aren’t enforced, | …如果不强制执行经济制裁和贸易管制 |
[00:58] | the destruction of the rainforests will continue and over a million species will be wiped out. | 对雨林的破坏将会持续,超过百万的物种将会灭绝 |
[01:03] | So you don’t want coffee? | 所以你不要咖啡? |
[01:04] | I’m saying that the coffee industry is causing irreversible… | 我在说咖啡工业将导致无法挽回的… |
[01:07] | – All right. I’m pouring it out. – Okay, one cup. | – 好吧 我把它倒了 – 好吧, 就一杯 |
[01:10] | The kid needs to be alert. First day on the job and everything. | 小朋友需要被警告,工作第一天得多加小心 |
[01:12] | I still can’t believe you’re going all corporate on us. | 我还是不敢相信你要去公司工作 |
[01:15] | “The kid” has become “the man.” | “男孩”已经成为”男人”了 |
[01:17] | Okay, it’s just an internship to make a little money. | 好了, 这只是实习挣点钱 |
[01:19] | After law school, I’m going to work for the NRDC. | 毕业后, 我会去自然资源保护委员会工作 |
[01:22] | They’re gonna stop global warming. | 他们会阻止全球气候变暖 |
[01:24] | Well… I mean… they did their best. | 嗯… 我是说… 他们会尽全力 |
[01:27] | Here’s your sack lunch. | 你的外带午餐 |
[01:30] | Okay, I love you because, one, you made me a sack lunch | 好了, 我爱你因为,第一, 你给我准备外带午餐 |
[01:33] | and two, you laugh every time you say the word “sack”. | 第二, 你每次说”外带”时都会笑 |
[01:35] | – I love you, Marshmallow. – I love you. | – 我爱你, 棉花糖 – 我爱你 |
[01:38] | I love you too, Marshmallow. | 我也爱你, 棉花糖 |
[01:42] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[01:44] | Ted? Ted? | |
[01:45] | Oh, no. No, she didn’t. | 噢, 别 别, 她不是吧 |
[01:47] | Yeah. Yeah, she did. | 是的 就是她 |
[01:49] | Another care package? | 又一个关怀包裹? |
[01:51] | Another care package. | 又一个关怀包裹 |
[01:53] | I’d been in a long-distance relationship with Victoria for nearly a month. | 我和Victoria异地恋持续了近一个月 |
[01:57] | Long-distance relationships are a bad idea. | 异地恋真糟糕 |
[02:01] | How many is that so far? | 到现在这是第几个了? |
[02:02] | Three. | 三 |
[02:03] | And how many have you sent her? | 那你给她送了几个包裹? |
[02:05] | In the mail or in my mind? | 电邮里还是脑子里? |
[02:07] | Zero. She’s up three-zip. | 零,她却寄来了三个. |
[02:10] | Oh! Cupcakes! | 噢! 纸托蛋糕! |
[02:12] | Great. I bet they’re delicious, too. | 真好 我打赌它们很可口 |
[02:15] | Yep, they’re delicious. | 对了, 它们很可口 |
[02:18] | Damn it! | 真该死! |
[02:21] | I don’t deserve these delicious cupcakes. | 我不配吃这些可口的纸托蛋糕 |
[02:25] | God, I hate myself right now. | 天那, 我讨厌我自己 |
[02:27] | God, that is so me at 15. | 天那, 简直和我15岁时一样 |
[02:32] | Marshall was going to work for a big corporation called Altrucel. | Marshall要去一个叫Altrucel的公司工作 |
[02:36] | Altrucel was most well-known for making the yellow fuzzy stuff on the surface of tennis balls. | Altrucel以生产网球面上的黄绒毛著名 |
[02:40] | I mean, this was a huge company, so they did other things… | 我是说, 这是一个大公司 所以他们也有其他的生意… |
[02:45] | But mostly they wanted the public to focus on the yellow fuzzy stuff. | 但他们希望公众把注意力集中在那些黄绒毛上 |
[02:49] | Anyway, Marshall managed to score an internship in their legal department | Marshall在他们的法律部找到了实习机会 |
[02:52] | because he knew someone who worked there. | 因为他认识那里工作的某人 |
[02:55] | Go for Barney. | 这里是Barney |
[02:56] | Mr. Stinson, this is Willis from lobby security. | Stinson先生, 我是大厅保安Willis |
[02:59] | Sorry to bother you, but we’ve had reports of a sasquatch loose in the building. | 抱歉打扰您, 但是我们接到报告,有个大脚野人进了大楼 |
[03:03] | A sasquatch? | 大脚野人? |
[03:04] | That’s right, sir, a Bigfoot. | 对, 先生, 脚很大 |
[03:06] | We don’t want to alarm you, but he’s been spotted on your floor. | 我们不想吓到您, 但他在您的楼层 |
[03:15] | Yes! | 真好! |
[03:16] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[03:18] | You suited in an unmistakably upward direction. | 你穿的很得体 |
[03:20] | Whoa. That is a butt-load of motivational posters. | 哇哦 一大堆鼓舞人心的海报 |
[03:24] | Yeah, hell, yeah. I got ’em all: Teamwork, Courage, Awesomeness… | 是啊, 天, 是啊 我都有:合作, 勇气, 敬畏… |
[03:28] | There’s one for awesomeness? | 有表示敬畏的吗? |
[03:29] | Yeah, I had it made. | 是啊, 我让人做的 |
[03:31] | Sit. | 坐 |
[03:32] | Hey, so, now that I’m working here, are you finally going to tell me exactly what your job is? | 嘿, 那么, 现在我在这工作,你要告诉我到底你的工作是什么吗? |
[03:36] | Please. | 拜托 |
[03:37] | – My dawg! – My dawg! | – 我们的狗! – 我们的狗! |
[03:39] | Hey, Blauman, Bilson, this is Marshall. These guys are in legal. | 嘿, Blauman, Bilson, 这是Marshall. 他们是法律部的 |
[03:41] | You’re gonna be working with them. | 你要和他们一起工作 |
[03:42] | Marshall Eriksen. Nice to meet you. | Marshall Eriksen 很高兴认识你们 |
[03:44] | Nice tie. Steak sauce. | 领带不错 牛肉酱 |
[03:45] | Oh, steak sauce! For true, though. | 噢, 牛肉酱! 真的 |
[03:48] | Where, I don’t, I don’t see… | 哪里, 我没, 我没看见啊… |
[03:49] | Marshall? Sidebar. | Marshall? 借一步说话 |
[03:53] | Your tie is steak sauce. It means A-1. A-1? Get it? Try to keep up. | 你的领带很牛肉酱 就是说很棒? 懂了吗? 试着跟上进度 |
[03:58] | Okay, Eriksen, let’s get to work. It’s 2:00 a.m. It’s raining outside. | 好了, Eriksen, 我们开始吧 凌晨两点 外面下着雨 |
[04:02] | Ding dong! What? The doorbell? | 叮咚! 什么? 门铃? |
[04:04] | Oh, hello, Jessica Alba in a trench coat and nothing else. | 噢, 你好, Jessica Alba就穿了件雨衣 其他什么都没穿 |
[04:07] | But wait– knock, knock. Somebody’s at the back door? | 但等等 咚, 咚 后门有人敲门? |
[04:10] | I don’t have a back door. | 我家没后门 |
[04:11] | Oh, my gosh, Jessica Simpson? What a surprise. | 噢, 我的老天,Jessica Simpson? 太惊喜了 |
[04:14] | Two Jessicas, you gotta pick one. What do you do? Go. | 两个Jessica, 你得选一个,你会怎样? 选! |
[04:18] | Right. Well, uh… I’m engaged, so | 好的, 呃… 我已经订婚了, 所以 |
[04:20] | Fiancee’s out of town. What do you do? Go. | 未婚妻出城了 你会怎样?选 |
[04:24] | We’re still engaged, even if she’s… | 但我们还是订着婚, 就算她… |
[04:25] | Okay, fiancee’s dead. Hit by a bus. What do you do? Go. | 好吧, 未婚妻死了,被车撞的 你会怎样? 选 |
[04:33] | Sure you don’t want one? | 确定不想吃一个? |
[04:35] | How many of those have you eaten? | 你吃了多少了? |
[04:36] | Four. Teen. No, just four. | 十…四 不, 就四个 |
[04:40] | And the icing from two more. | 还把另两个的糖霜刮了吃了 |
[04:42] | So, anyway, here’s the problem. | 所以, 无论如何, 这就是问题了 |
[04:45] | Hey, it’s Ted. I guess you’re asleep. | 嘿, 我是Ted,我猜你在睡觉 |
[04:47] | Anyway, I got the care package, and it’s just great. | 我收到关怀包裹了, 真是很棒 |
[04:51] | Here, listen… | 这儿, 听着… |
[04:53] | Mmm. Mmm! | 嗯 嗯! |
[04:55] | So I’m standing there, my mouth full of this delicious relationship-winning cupcake… | 我就站在那儿,嘴巴塞满美味的纸托蛋糕… |
[05:01] | And… I said something dumb. | 然后… 我说了句蠢话 |
[05:04] | Oh, and, um… don’t worry, yours is in the mail. | 噢, 还有, 呃… 别担心,你的包裹我送出去了 |
[05:07] | I sent it a couple days ago. | 我几天前送出去的 |
[05:08] | And it’s awesome. | 很不错的东西 |
[05:10] | Really, really awesome. | 真的, 真的很不错 |
[05:12] | Why did I say that? | 为什么我要说那些? |
[05:13] | I think frosting makes me lie. | 我想是糖精让我撒谎 |
[05:17] | Oh, Teddy boy. | 噢, 小Teddy |
[05:18] | Yeah. So now, whatever I send her, she’ll know I sent it after I talked to her. | 是啊 所以现在, 不管我送她什么 她都会发现我是在那之后送的 |
[05:22] | So that’s the problem. You work on that. I’m gonna eat this cupcake. | 这就是问题 你想办法,我负责吃蛋糕 |
[05:26] | All right, here’s what you do: | 好了, 你要做的是 |
[05:29] | Put together a care package of stuff from New York | 打包一些纽约的东西进关怀包裹 |
[05:31] | some H&H bagels, an Empire State Building keychain… | 一些面包圈, 帝国大厦钥匙圈… |
[05:34] | and then, top off the package with a New York Times… Ready? | 然后在最上面放一份纽约时报… 知道吗? |
[05:37] | From three days ago. | 三天前的报纸 |
[05:40] | That’s brilliant. | 这太妙了 |
[05:41] | You’re brilliant. | 你真聪明 |
[05:43] | You know, it’s funny, not so long ago, | 你知道吗, 这太搞笑了, 不久前 |
[05:45] | I was coming to Marshall and Lily for advice on how to impress you. | 我还去问Marshall和Lily如何打动你 |
[05:48] | That is funny. | 是很搞笑 |
[05:50] | And here’s why it was funny. | 这就是为什么很搞笑 |
[05:52] | Little did I realize, a few weeks earlier, | 几周前我知道了 |
[05:54] | here’s what Robin was saying to Lily about me. | Robin对Lily谈论我的内容 |
[05:56] | Okay, fine, I have feelings for him. | 好吧, 是, 我对他有感觉 |
[05:59] | Now it’s ironic, the girl I used to like is helping me impress the girl I now like. | 真讽刺, 我以前喜欢的女孩帮我出主意追现在我喜欢的女孩 |
[06:03] | The irony is clear, Ted. | 明显很讽刺, Ted |
[06:07] | Hey! How was your first day? | 嘿! 第一天怎么样? |
[06:11] | I don’t wanna talk about it. | 我不想再提了 |
[06:14] | The guys I work with are a bunch of jerks. | 和我一起工作的那帮家伙是群蠢人 |
[06:17] | – What? – They’re jerks! | – 什么? – 他们是笨蛋! |
[06:19] | What makes them jerks? | 为什么他们很蠢? |
[06:20] | Forget it, I don’t want to talk about it. | 算了, 我不想再提了 |
[06:23] | Well, like today at lunch.. | 嗯, 今天午餐时.. |
[06:26] | What do you got there, Ericksen? Mommy pack your lunch? | 里面有什么, Ericksen? 妈咪给你打包的午餐? |
[06:29] | For your information, my fiancee did. | 仅为告知, 我未婚妻做的 |
[06:31] | Oh… Does she cut the crusts off your sandwich, too? | 噢… 她也帮你把土司皮给去了吧? |
[06:35] | No. | 没 |
[06:43] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[06:44] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:45] | Give it. | 拿来 |
[06:46] | “Dear Marshmallow. Good luck today. I love you. Lilypad.” | “亲爱的棉花糖 祝你好运,我爱你 百合花” |
[06:50] | Give it. | 拿来 |
[06:51] | P.S. If you’ve unfolded this note, your kiss already got out. Quick– catch it.” | 另外 我给你的吻会在你打开这张字条时飞出来 快接住” |
[06:55] | Give it back. Hey, give it. Give me… Give it! | 还给我 嘿, 拿来 给我… 还给我! |
[06:59] | Oh, screw those guys! We’re adorable. | 噢, 这些坏家伙! 我们那么可爱 |
[07:01] | I know. God. | 我知道 天那 |
[07:03] | It’s like freshman year all over again. | 就象又回到当新生时 |
[07:05] | Only this time, my sweet dance moves aren’t going to be enough to win them over. | 只是这次, 我的舞蹈搞不定他们了 |
[07:08] | Not even Old Reliable. | 机器人舞也不行 |
[07:15] | Sweetie… It would be cool to have some extra money, | 甜心… 弄点外快确实不错 |
[07:18] | but, but, if you’re unhappy, it’s not worth it. | 但, 但是, 如果你不开心, 就不值得了 |
[07:22] | I quit. | 我辞职 |
[07:23] | What? No. We’re having so much fun. | 什么? 不行 我们一起会很好玩的 |
[07:26] | You, me, working together. It’s great. | 你, 我, 一起工作 太棒了 |
[07:28] | We’re not even working together, Barney. I’m in the legal department and you’re… | 我们根本没一起工作, Barney,我在法律部而你… |
[07:31] | Seriously, what is it that you do? | 说真的, 你到底是做什么的? |
[07:33] | Please. | 拜托 |
[07:35] | I’m sorry, dude, this corporate thing, it’s just… it’s not for me. | 抱歉, 兄弟, 公司的工作,这个… 不适合我 |
[07:39] | Oh, of course it’s not for you. | 噢, 当然不是为了你自己 |
[07:41] | It’s for Lily. | 这是为了Lily |
[07:44] | What? | 什么? |
[07:45] | Marshall. Lily’s a catch. | Marshall, Lily很抢手 |
[07:47] | But do you really think you’re going to hang onto a girl that great without the package? | 你真的以为可以没福利就和一个这么好的女孩在一起? |
[07:50] | The package? | 福利? |
[07:51] | The package. The house. The car. Sending your kids to a great school. | 福利: 房子, 车, 把孩子送进好学校 |
[07:55] | A vacation once in a while. | 偶尔渡个假 |
[07:56] | Lily doesn’t care about that stuff. | Lily不在乎这些 |
[07:58] | Well, no– now she doesn’t, but how’s she going to feel in a couple years, | 嗯, 现在她不在乎, 但几年后呢? |
[08:02] | when she’s supporting you on a kindergarten teacher’s salary | 当她在用幼儿园教师的薪水供养你 |
[08:05] | while you’re off in court defending some… endangered… South American… flying beaver. | 你却在法庭上为那些濒临灭绝的…南美…飞海狸辩护时 |
[08:15] | She’ll be happy. | 她会开心的 |
[08:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:18] | But will you be happy knowing you could have made her a lot happier. | 但当你知道你可以让她更开心,不感到开心吗 |
[08:24] | And all four are totally naked. You gotta choose one. What do you do? Go. | 四个都是裸体的 你得挑一个,你会怎样? 选 |
[08:31] | I guess, uh… | 我猜, 呃… |
[08:34] | Bea Arthur Bea Arthur. | |
[08:35] | Ahh! Wrong! Betty White. | 啊! 错! Betty White |
[08:39] | Clean this stuff up, Eriksen. | 把这里收拾干净, Eriksen |
[08:43] | So, did she get the awesome care package yet? | 那她收到关怀包裹了吗? |
[08:46] | Yep. Yesterday. | 嗯 昨天 |
[08:47] | Did she love it? | 她喜欢吗? |
[08:48] | Oh, she loved it. | 噢, 她很喜欢 |
[08:50] | So what’s the problem? | 那有什么问题? |
[08:52] | So I was talking to her last night. And, I should tell you, | 我昨天和她聊天了 我得申明 |
[08:55] | we’ve been talking on the phone every other night for, like, an hour and a half. | 我们每隔一天就讲差不多一个半小时电话 |
[08:57] | Eventually you just run out of stuff to say. | 渐渐的没有什么话题可说了 |
[09:01] | What did you have for lunch today? | 今天午餐吃了什么? |
[09:05] | Oh. Rye bread. | 噢 黑麦面包 |
[09:14] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[09:21] | Oh, Teddy boy. | 噢, 小Teddy |
[09:23] | I’m usually so good at being a boyfriend, but this never-seeing-each-other thing, it’s a bitch. | 我一般都会是个好男友的,但是这样见不了面, 真糟糕 |
[09:27] | Maybe it just can’t be done. | 也许这样行不通 |
[09:29] | I think it’s clear what I have to do. | 我想我该做什么很明显了 |
[09:32] | It’s pretty clear. | 很明显 |
[09:34] | I have to go to Germany and surprise her. | 我要去德国给她一个惊喜 |
[09:37] | Totally what I was thinking. | 完全和我想的一样 |
[09:40] | Get out of my head, man! | 滚出我脑袋, 伙计! |
[09:45] | Barney, how do I get these idiots to leave me alone? | Barney, 我该怎么让那些白痴离我远点? |
[09:49] | Marshall, consider the penguins. | Marshall, 想想企鹅 |
[09:52] | The penguins? | 企鹅? |
[09:53] | On the wall. | 在墙上 |
[09:59] | “Conformity. It’s the one who’s different that gets left out in the cold.” | “团结 才能抵御寒冷” |
[10:03] | This is a motivational poster? | 这是激励人的海报吗? |
[10:05] | Look at yourself, Marshall. You’re not happy. | 看看你自己, Marshall你不开心 |
[10:07] | And you know why? Because you’re different. | 知道为什么吗? 因为你和他们不一样 |
[10:10] | Now, I suppose you could learn to love yourself for the unique little snowflake that you are, | 现在, 你要么自怨自艾 |
[10:15] | or… you could change your entire personality, which is just so much easier. | 要么… 你可以改变你的性格,这样比较简单 |
[10:20] | Change your personality? That is so awful, and not at all motivational. | 改变个性? 太糟糕了,而且也不能激励人 |
[10:25] | Not necessarily. Okay, at first, I was appalled, | 没必要 好吧, 开始, 我很沮丧 |
[10:28] | but then I realized it’s just like Dr. Aurelia Birnholz-Vasquez in Life Among the Gorillas. | 但是后来我发现这就象Aurelia Birnholz Vasquez博士在猩猩中生活一样 |
[10:33] | I have to gain the acceptance of the herd by behaving exactly like one of them. | 要变的跟它们一样,才能的到群体的认同 |
[10:37] | It’s an anthropological study. Isn’t that cool? | 这是个人类学课题 酷不? |
[10:40] | It sounds kinda like peer pressure. | 这听起来更象外界压力吧 |
[10:42] | No, no, no. It’s totally anthropological | 不, 不, 不 这绝对是人类学 |
[10:45] | and it’s cool and I’m doing it. | 而且我就在做这件很酷的事 |
[10:48] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s peer pressure. We have an assembly every year. | 耶, 我确定这就是外界压力 我们每年都有同学聚会 |
[10:52] | I’m portraying someone who succumbs to peer pressure. | 我是在扮演向外界压力屈从的人 |
[10:56] | All right, but if those guys try to pressure you to smoke, what do you say? | 好吧, 如果这些家伙逼你抽烟,你会怎么说? |
[11:01] | – Only when I’m drunk. – Good boy. | – 除非我喝醉了 – 乖孩子 |
[11:04] | And so, to fit in with the gorillas, Marshall had to learn to act like a gorilla, | 所以, 要和猩猩一起生活 Marshall首先得做的像猩猩 |
[11:08] | and that meant gorilla lessons. | 这就意味着学习猩猩课程 |
[11:10] | Okay, I’m psyched about this. | 好了, 我真兴奋 |
[11:13] | But if I’m going to mentor you, I need to know you’re psyched about this, too. | 但如果我要来教你,我得知道你现在也很兴奋 |
[11:16] | Oh, I am. I’m, I’m psyched. | 噢, 我是 我是很兴奋 |
[11:18] | Yeah, but it’s one thing to say it, it’s another thing to show it. | 耶, 但是不仅要说,还要表现出你很兴奋 |
[11:23] | Show it. | 秀出来 |
[11:28] | I’m psyched! | 我很兴奋! |
[11:30] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[11:35] | Marshall, I should feel tremors of psychitude rock my body like a seizure. | Marshall, 我要感觉到大把的激情冲击过来 |
[11:40] | That was like a declawed pregnant cat on a porch swing idly swatting | 就象一只被去掉猫爪的怀孕了的猫 |
[11:44] | at a fly on a lazy Sunday afternoon. | 在周六下午懒散的躺在秋千上拍苍蝇 |
[11:48] | Wow, that was really specific. | 哇, 讲的真精辟 |
[11:50] | Show me you’re psyched! | 给我看看你的激情! |
[11:55] | Let’s do this! | 来吧! |
[11:57] | – Ow! That hurt! – So badly. | – 啊! 真痛! – 确实 |
[12:00] | And then you slip it to the guy with a discreet handshake and he’ll get it done. | 然后你小心的把这个在握手时给他就搞定了 |
[12:05] | Right. Get what done? | 好的 搞定什么? |
[12:06] | Whatever. | 随便什么 |
[12:08] | Cool. | 酷 |
[12:08] | And what guy is this? | 那搞定哪个家伙呢? |
[12:10] | There’s always a guy. | 总会有的 |
[12:11] | Okay, all right, I, uh, I think I’m ready. | 好了, 好的, 呃, 我想我准备好了 |
[12:15] | You sure? You want to practice your story one more time? | 确定? 你要再练习一遍吗? |
[12:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:23] | So dude, check it. I’m in San Diego with two of my bro-sephs from Kappa, | 那伙计, 听着 我和两个Kappa的员工在圣地亚哥 |
[12:27] | and they’re all, “Yo, Eriksen, let’s roll to the strip clubs.” | 他们说, “哟, Eriksen我们去脱衣舞俱乐部吧” |
[12:31] | So I’m, like, “Snapadoo!” | 然后我说, “说干就干!” |
[12:33] | So we find this choice nudie nest near the airport… | 所以我们找到了机场附近的黄窝… |
[12:35] | …and that is when the bouncer kicked us out. | …就在这时保镖把我们赶出来了 |
[12:38] | Now, I have no idea if Svetlana ever got her green card, but dudes, fake diamond ring? | 现在我也不知道Svetlana拿到绿卡没 但伙计们, 假钻戒? |
[12:44] | Worth every penny, bruh. | 绝对物超所值, 兄弟 |
[12:48] | Eriksen… Eriksen… | |
[12:50] | …that was steak sauce! | …绝对是牛肉酱! |
[12:57] | Great story. | 好故事 |
[13:09] | The next moning, I was about to buy my ticket to Germany when I got an e-mail. | 第二天早晨我订去德国的机票时收到一封邮件 |
[13:14] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[13:16] | “Hey, Ted, sorry I missed your call last night. | “嘿, Ted, 抱歉昨晚错过了你的电话 |
[13:18] | This long-distance thing sucks, huh? | 异地恋真糟糕, 是不? |
[13:20] | Listen, I’ve been thinking and I really need to talk to you tonight. | 听着, 我考虑了下,我今晚需要和你谈谈 |
[13:23] | I’ll call you at 11:00. Victoria.” | 我晚上十一点打给你 Victoria” |
[13:26] | So? | 所以? |
[13:26] | So she’s going to dump me. | 所以她要甩了我 |
[13:29] | Has anyone ever said, “Listen, I’ve been thinking,” | 有人会在说过, “听着, 我考虑了下” |
[13:30] | and then follow it up with something good? | 然后接着说的是好消息吗? |
[13:32] | It’s not like: Listen, I’ve been thinking, Nutter-Butters are an underrated cookie. | 不是像: 听着, 我考虑了下果仁奶油饼干是评价较低的饼干 |
[13:37] | What else can it be? | 还能是什么呢? |
[13:38] | What could she possibly have to say to me that she couldn’t write in an e-mail? | 有什么她不能在邮件里说而要打电话的? |
[13:41] | I cut off all my fingers? | 我手指被切掉了? |
[13:44] | Ted, you’re a great guy. I know it, you know it, she knows it. | Ted, 你是个不错的家伙,我知, 你知, 她也知 |
[13:48] | no, I’m even more confident. | 我愿意赌上大把的钱 不, 我应该更自信点 I would bet you a gazillion dollars, |
[13:52] | I would bet you a floppity jillion dollars that she’s not calling to break up with you. | 我赌上所有的钱 她不是打电话说要和你分手 |
[13:56] | Thanks. You’re right. I’m being crazy. | 谢谢 你是对的 我要疯了 |
[13:59] | So I should still buy that plane ticket, right? | 所以我还是去买机票, 是不? |
[14:01] | I’d wait. | 我会等等看 |
[14:04] | Sup, Blauman? E-bomb here. | 在吃饭吗, Blauman? 我是电子炸弹 |
[14:07] | We still on for karaoke? | 我们要去卡拉ok吗? |
[14:09] | Dope. I’m going to rock you on the mike so hard your hears are going to bleed gravy. | 伙计 我要用麦克风震的你喷鼻血 |
[14:14] | Catch you on the flip, butt puppet. | 到时见, 屁股仔! |
[14:17] | Okay… | 好了… |
[14:20] | …what do you think? | …怎么样? |
[14:22] | Steak sauce. | 牛肉酱 |
[14:24] | Steak sauce? | 牛肉酱? |
[14:26] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[14:28] | Look, you know, whatever anthropology you do at work is your business, | 不管你用什么人类学在工作上都不关我的事 |
[14:32] | but please don’t act like that around here. | 但别在家里也这样 |
[14:35] | Lily, when Dr. Aurelia Birnholz… | Lily, 当Aurelia Birnholz博士… |
[14:38] | No, when Dr. Australia Birdbath-Vaseline came home from the gorillas, | 不对, 当Australia Birdbath-Vaseline博士 从猩猩们那里回来时 |
[14:42] | she didn’t run around picking nits out of people’s hair and-and throwing feces. | 她不会到处抓人们头发上的虱子和乱丢粪便 |
[14:48] | I’m begging you just, just leave it at the office. | 我求你把这些留在办公室吧 |
[14:51] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:52] | Because you’re acting like one of those guys, and those guys are lame. | 因为你表现的和那些家伙一样 这些家伙很讨厌 |
[14:56] | Okay, those guys were mean at first, yes, | 好吧, 他们开始是对我很刻薄 |
[14:59] | but they’re actually good guys, and if you got to know them, then you would see that. | 但他们是不错的人,如果你去了解下他们就会知道了 |
[15:03] | Come karaoke with us tonight, and you’ll see how totally not that lame they are, okay? | 今晚和我们一起去卡拉ok你就会发现他们没那么讨厌了, 好不? |
[15:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:11] | But wait, knock-knock, back door, who’s there? | 但等等, 咚咚, 后门有人敲门, 是谁呢? |
[15:14] | Angelina Jolie… wait, in a wheelchair. | Angelina Jolie… 等下,坐在轮椅里 |
[15:19] | What do you do? Go. | 你会怎样? 回答 |
[15:21] | Dude, Scarlett Johannsen with no arms, any day of the week. | 伙计, 缺胳膊的Scarlett Johannsen每天都有 |
[15:24] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[15:26] | You’re right. They’re delightful. | 你对了 他们真是不错 |
[15:29] | So, Barney, you gonna sing anything? | 那Barney, 你要唱吗? |
[15:31] | Nah. I’m so over karaoke. | 不要了 我玩腻卡拉ok了 |
[15:33] | Really? I thought you’d be totally into it. | 是吗? 我以为你很喜欢玩这个 |
[15:36] | Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m good. The best, really. | 噢, 别理解错了 我唱的很好,最好的, 真的 |
[15:39] | But it’s the greatest samurai who lets his sword rust in its scabbard. | 我是让刀锈在鞘里的最伟大的武士 |
[15:44] | Oh, baby, they have our song. | 噢, 宝贝, 这儿有我们的歌 |
[15:46] | Let’s do “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.” | 我们来唱”别伤我的心”吧 |
[15:48] | What? | 什么? |
[15:49] | “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.” Elton John, Kiki Dee. | “别伤我的心”Elton John和Kiki Dee唱的 |
[15:52] | No way. You got to go with some Black Sabbath. | 没门 你们得唱黑色安息日乐队的歌 |
[15:55] | Well, actually, Marshall and I have this little dance routine. | 恩, 事实上, Marshall和我还有段小舞蹈 |
[15:57] | “Iron Man.” I could do “Iron Man.” | “机器人” 我可以唱 “机器人” |
[16:00] | Steak sauce. | 牛肉酱 |
[16:01] | Steak sauce, dude. | 牛肉酱, 伙计 |
[16:03] | Should we tell him? | 我们要告诉他吗? |
[16:05] | All right, Eriksen, I’ve got some good news. | 好了, Eriksen, 我有个好消息 |
[16:07] | On Monday, Bilson and I are going to talk to Montague in HR. | 周一, Bilson和我要和人力部的Montague谈 |
[16:11] | When you graduate, we want you working with us. | 你毕业后,我们想请你和我们一起工作 |
[16:15] | What do you say? | 你说什么? |
[16:22] | – Yes! – That’s my man! | – 好! – 这才是我们的男人! |
[16:23] | I told you he would. | 我就说他会的 |
[16:26] | Aw, we’re gonna own the office. | 啊, 我们要称霸办公室了 |
[16:32] | Okay, that was gross. | 好吧, 太讨厌了 |
[16:34] | When were you going to tell me you changed your entire career path? | 你准备什么时候告诉我你改变了你整个就业计划? |
[16:37] | Nothing has changed, okay? I still want to help the environment. | 没有什么改变了, 好吗?我还是想支持环保事业 |
[16:41] | I just thought that maybe I could make some money for a few years. | 我只是在想也许我可以先挣几年钱 |
[16:44] | We could buy an apartment, send our kids to good schools. | 可以买间公寓,把我们的孩子送进好学校 |
[16:48] | You could quit your job and focus on your painting. | 你可以不用工作, 专心绘画 |
[16:50] | I know that you say you don’t need it, but… | 我知道你说你不需要, 但是… |
[16:52] | I love you and I want to give it to you anyway. | 我爱你如论如何都想给你这些 |
[16:56] | I want to give you the package. | 我想给你挣来那些福利 |
[16:58] | The package?! You’ve already given me the package. | 福利?! 你已经给我了福利了 |
[17:02] | You’ve got a great package, Marshall. I love your package. | 你给了我很棒的福利 Marshall 我喜欢你的”福利” |
[17:05] | Lily, you’re the most incredible woman I know, and you deserve a big package. | Lily, 你是让人难以置信的女人,你应该享有一份”大福利” |
[17:11] | Your package has always been big enough. | 你的”福利”一直都够大了 |
[17:15] | You may not realize this, Marshall Eriksen, | 也许你没意识到, Marshall Eriksen |
[17:18] | but you’ve got a huge package. | 但你有个硕大的”福利” |
[17:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:32] | Hello. | 喂 |
[17:33] | Why hasn’t she called yet? | 她怎么还没打来? |
[17:34] | Okay, you’re making yourself crazy. It’s Saturday night. | 好了, 你要把自己逼疯了,现在是周六晚上 |
[17:36] | Go out and do something. | 出去干点什么 |
[17:38] | No, what’s the point of going out? I got a girlfriend… for now. | 不, 我出去干什么? 我有女朋友了… 到现在为止 |
[17:41] | Besides, if I go out, who’s going to watch the news? I’m, like, half your viewership. | 另外, 如果我出去了, 谁看你播的新闻? 我相当于你的一半观众 |
[17:44] | I’m flattered you think we have two viewers. | 我真荣幸你认为我有两个观众 |
[17:47] | She’s not going to break up with you, Ted. You’re awesome. | 她不会和你分手的,Ted 你很棒 |
[17:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:51] | Anyway, it’s almost 11:00. I should let you go. | 不管怎样, 11:00点了 我得让你挂了 |
[17:53] | Break a leg. | 祝你好运 |
[17:55] | And so I was sitting at home, waiting for the phone to ring, something occurred to me. | 然后我坐在家里, 等着电话响,我想到了什么 |
[18:00] | I’m actually sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring. | 我就真在这坐着一直等着电话响 |
[18:06] | He’s giving you the blues He’s giving you the blues | |
[18:09] | You want to graduate, but not in his bed You want to graduate, but not in his bed | |
[18:13] | Here’s what you got to do Here’s what you got to do | |
[18:16] | Pick up the phone… Pick up the phone… | |
[18:18] | Marshall Marshall. | |
[18:19] | Hey, hey. | 嘿, 嘿 |
[18:21] | Dude, I feel like I haven’t seen you in a month. | 伙计, 我好象一个月没见你了 |
[18:23] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[18:24] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[18:26] | How are you doing? | 过的怎么样? |
[18:27] | I think Victoria’s about to break up with me. | 我想Victoria要和我分手了 |
[18:30] | Oh, God, I’m sorry, man. | 噢, 天那, 抱歉, 伙计 |
[18:32] | Yeah, well, honestly, I’m having trouble remembering what she looks like. | 耶, 嗯, 说实话,我连想起她的长相都有困难了 |
[18:38] | The more I try to picture her, the more I can’t. | 越努力去想, 越想不出来 |
[18:40] | Like, I remember how she makes me feel. | 就象, 我还记得她给我的感觉 |
[18:42] | I just… I don’t completely remember her. | 我只是不能完全的回忆起她的样貌 |
[18:45] | It’s like I’m trying to preserve something that’s already gone. | 就象我在试图留住一些已经逝去了的东西 |
[18:48] | Preserving something that’s already gone. | 留住一些已经逝去了的东西 |
[18:50] | Sounds like environmental law. | 听起来象环境保护法 |
[18:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:54] | We struggle so hard to hold onto these things | 我们用尽全力去保住这些 |
[18:57] | that we know are going to disappear eventually. | 注定最终会消逝的东西 |
[18:59] | And that’s really noble, | 这样是很高尚 |
[19:01] | but even if you save every rainforest from being turned into a parking lot, | 但如果你救回了每一片变成停车场的雨林 |
[19:04] | well, then where are you going to park your car? | 嗯, 那我们把车停哪儿呢? |
[19:16] | Done dirt cheap! Done dirt cheap! | |
[19:17] | Dirty deeds Dirty deeds | |
[19:19] | Done dirt cheap! Done dirt cheap! | |
[19:20] | Dirty deeds Dirty deeds | |
[19:22] | Done dirt cheap! Done dirt cheap! | |
[19:24] | Dirty deeds and they’re done dirt cheap, ow Dirty deeds and they’re done dirt cheap, ow | |
[19:27] | Dirty deeds and they’re done dirt cheap… Dirty deeds and they’re done dirt cheap… | |
[19:31] | Uh, rockupied. Dude, what…? | 啊, 正要到高潮. 伙计, 什么…? |
[19:38] | Next up, Marshmallow and Lillypad. | 下一首, 棉花糖和百合花 |
[19:54] | Don’t go breakin’ my heart Don’t go breakin’ my heart | |
[19:58] | I couldn’t if I tried I couldn’t if I tried | |
[20:02] | Honey, if I get restless Honey, if I get restless | |
[20:05] | Baby, you’re not that kind… Baby, you’re not that kind… | |
[20:08] | It turns out some things are worth preserving. | 似乎还是有些东西值得去挽留的 |
[20:10] | But here’s the real question: | 但是还有个问题 |
[20:12] | It’s 2:00 a.m. Your friends are still out singing karaoke, | 凌晨两点 朋友们还在外面唱卡拉 |
[20:15] | but you’re home early because you’re expecting a call from your girlfriend in Germany, | 但你却得提前回家等着本应该四个小时前 |
[20:19] | who was supposed to call four hours ago. | 打来的在德国的女友的电话 |
[20:21] | And then the phone rings. | 然后电话响了 |
[20:27] | Hello. | 喂 |
[20:28] | Hi, Ted. It’s Robin. | 嗨, Ted 我是Robin |
[20:30] | Um, listen, I know it’s late, but, uh, | 呃, 听着, 我知道现在很晚了, 但, 呃 |
[20:34] | do you want to come over? | 你愿意过来吗? |
[20:36] | What do you do? Go. | 你会怎样? 回答 |