时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | How.I.Met.Your.Mother Season 1 Episode 19 | |
[00:12] | [three month earlier] Her favorite CD in the Otis Redding box set? | [三个月前] 你们知道她最喜欢Otis Redding 合集中的哪张CD吗? |
[00:15] | Disc three. | 第三碟 |
[00:16] | My favorite? | 我最喜欢的呢? |
[00:17] | Any guesses? Anyone? Come on. | 有人能猜到吗?有人吗? 加油 |
[00:19] | Disc three! | 第三碟! |
[00:21] | God,Victoria’s so amazing! I could talk about her for hours. | 天,Victoria太棒了! 我可以几个小时都说她 |
[00:24] | What do you mean “could”? | 你说“可以”是什么意思? |
[00:26] | I’m sorry,it’s just… God,I… I’m crazy about this girl. | 对不起 只是… 天,我… 我很为这个女孩着迷 |
[00:29] | It feels like maybe… I don’t want to say it. | 我觉得也许… 我不想这么说 |
[00:32] | Trust that impulse,Ted. | 相信这种冲动,Ted |
[00:35] | Hey. Something kinda cool just happened. | 嘿 刚发生了件很酷的事情 |
[00:38] | My story on Pickles – the Singing Dog | 我的小菜故事 – 狗狗唱歌 |
[00:40] | just got nominated for a Local Area Media Award. | 刚得到了本地年度传媒奖的题名 |
[00:44] | a LAME-A? | 一个LAME-A题名(本地年度传媒奖缩写)? |
[00:46] | We prefer Local Area Media Award. | 我们更喜欢叫它“本地年度传媒奖” |
[00:49] | Um… there’s going to be this big banquet. | 嗯… 会举行一个大型宴会 |
[00:51] | I know these things aren’t much fun,but it would really mean a lot to me if you guys came. | 我知道这事不是很有意思,但是如果你们能来对我来说是很重要的 |
[00:56] | And there’s an open bar. | 而且有开放的酒吧 |
[00:57] | – Yes! – Word up! | – 好! – 说定了! |
[00:59] | Yeah,put me down for two. | 好,我要两个人的位子 |
[01:00] | Really? It’s three months away. | 真的吗? 还有三个月呢 |
[01:02] | I know,but… guys,I’m sorry,I’m going to say it. | 我知道,但是… 伙计们,抱歉,我要说 |
[01:06] | I have a feeling Victoria’s going to be around for a long time. | 我有种感觉 ,Victoria会长时间在我们身边的 |
[01:09] | three months later | 三个月后 |
[01:10] | I’m gonna miss Victoria. | 我会想Victoria |
[01:12] | I should just skip this thing entirely. Robin’s still pissed at me after… you know. | 我就别去了 ,Robin还在生我的气… 你们知道 |
[01:17] | You lied and said you were broken up with Victoria before you actually were so you could try to nail Robin and you wound up losing both girls in one night? | 你说谎和Victoria分手了其实还没有 因为你想上Robin 却一夜伤了两个女孩的心 同时失去了她们? |
[01:24] | Yes,that’s what I meant by “you know.” | 对 ,我说“你们知道”是这个意思 |
[01:27] | I haven’t seen her in three weeks. She won’t return my calls. | 我三个星期都没见她了 ,她也不回我电话 |
[01:30] | Look,I shouldn’t go. | 瞧 ,我不该去 |
[01:32] | You should definitely go. | 你绝对应该去 |
[01:33] | Look,it’s a chance to show her you’re still friends and that you support her. | 瞧 这是表明你还是她的朋友而且你支持她的机会 |
[01:36] | Or it’s a chance to mess with her head by showing up with someone hotter. | 或者你可以带个更漂亮的女朋友去让她难受 |
[01:39] | Even better,triple threat: hotter and bigger boobs. | 还能更棒,三重威胁:更漂亮、胸部更大 |
[01:43] | – That’s only two. – Count again. | – 这才两个 – 再数一遍 |
[01:45] | Barney,I’m not bringing a date. Even if I wanted to,the thing’s in two hours. | Barney我不会带女朋友的,就算我愿意,现在也只剩下两小时了 |
[01:49] | So get an escort. | 那么找个“伴儿”啊 |
[01:50] | By “escort” you mean prostitute? | 你说的“伴儿”是妓女的意思? |
[01:52] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[01:53] | Because… gross? | 因为……不雅? |
[01:55] | Oh,gross. What,you have some puritanical hang-up about prostitution? | 哦,不雅,怎么,你对卖淫有道德障碍? |
[01:59] | Dude,it’s the world’s oldest profession. | 伙计 这是世界上最古老的职业 |
[02:03] | You really think that’s true? | 你真认为这是事实? |
[02:04] | Oh,yeah. I bet even Cro-Magnons used to give cave hookers, like,an extra fish for putting out. | 哦 是的 ,我打赌甚至Cro-Magnons也找妓女,和鱼一起卖 |
[02:10] | Aha,so then the oldest profession would be fishermen. | 啊哈,那最古老的职业应该是渔夫 |
[02:12] | Kaboom! You’ve been lawyered. | Kaboom! 我是律师 |
[02:16] | Come on,Ted,let’s get you a hooker. It’ll be fun. | 来吧,Ted我们给你找个妓女,会很有意思的 |
[02:19] | Okay,to bring to the banquet and hang out with ironically or to actually have sex with? | 带她去宴会,讽刺的和她装成一对,还是真的和她上床? |
[02:24] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:26] | No! It’s illegal. And did I mention gross? | 不,这是非法的,而且我有提过这不雅吗? |
[02:30] | That’s adorable. Ted, you’re such a hayseed. | 好可爱,Ted你真是个乡下佬 |
[02:33] | The companionship business is the growth industry of the 21st century. | 色情业是20世纪最成熟的工业 |
[02:37] | You do realize that one out of every eight adult women in America is a prostitute. | 你要知道每八个成年美国女人中就有一个是妓女 |
[02:41] | – You just made that up. – Withdrawn. | – 你自己编的 – 撤销 |
[02:43] | Lawyered. | 我是律师 |
[02:45] | The point is,how long has it been? | 关键是 你有多久没做爱了? |
[02:50] | 57 days. | 57天 |
[02:52] | – Is that your water? May I? – Yeah,go ahead. | – 这是你的水吗? 我可以……? – 嗯,喝吧 |
[02:56] | 57 days?! | 57天?! |
[02:59] | Ted,you are in a slump. | Ted,你阳痿. |
[03:00] | No,it’s not a slump. | 不,我没有阳痿 |
[03:02] | It’s an intentional hiatus from girls. | 这是有意识的摆脱女孩 |
[03:04] | A slump is when you strike out every time you step up to the plate. | 阳痿的人一接近目标就退却了 |
[03:07] | But I’m off the roster,baby. | 但我不在花名册上,宝贝 |
[03:09] | I’m in the locker room sitting in the whirlpool. | 我在更衣室里,坐在混乱中 |
[03:11] | And I’ll tell you something,it feels pretty good. | 而且我告诉你 这感觉棒极了 |
[03:13] | Yeah,you know what else is in that locker room? | 对,你知道那间更衣室还有什么吗? |
[03:15] | A bunch of naked dudes hanging brain. | 一群悬着脑袋的裸体男人 |
[03:19] | Ted,you need a lady. | Ted,你需要一个女人 |
[03:21] | And I’ve got the next best thing– Mary. | 而且我有个约会的好人选– Mary |
[03:24] | She lives in my building. | 她住在我那幢楼里 |
[03:25] | She’s smart,she’s hot,she’s totally cool. | 她漂亮聪明而且非常酷 |
[03:27] | Oh,she sounds great. | 哦 她听起来不错 |
[03:29] | And who knows? Maybe we’ll wind up getting married someday. | 谁知道呢,也许有一天我们能结婚 |
[03:31] | You know,if we can get a blessing from her pimp. | 你知道,如果能得到给她拉皮条老兄的祝福的话 |
[03:34] | You want to judge a fellow human being based solely on one external characteristic? | 你想只凭一个人的表面的特征去判断他? |
[03:39] | That’s racism. | 那是歧视. |
[03:41] | And I do not drink with racists. | 而我不会搞歧视的人一起喝酒 |
[03:43] | Good day. | 祝你一天愉快 |
[03:48] | You’re just waiting for me to speak,so you can… | 你只是等有人开口 你就可以… |
[03:50] | I said good day! | 我说了祝你一天愉快! |
[03:54] | So should I wear my hair up or down? | 我应该把头发扎起来还是放下来? |
[03:58] | Lily. Lily. | |
[04:00] | What? | 什么? |
[04:01] | – You okay? – Oh,yeah,sorry. | – 你怎么了? – 哦 没事 对不起 |
[04:03] | I’m just exhausted from work. | 我只是工作太累了 |
[04:06] | The stupid school board took away nap time in all kindergarten classes | 愚蠢的校董会取消了我们幼儿园孩子午睡的时间 |
[04:09] | and now the kids are just going crazy by the end of the day. | 现在一天过完的时候孩子们都疯了 |
[04:13] | It’s much harder to deal with because,well,I don’t get my nap. | 而且因为我也不能午睡了,所以处理起来更难了 |
[04:17] | Wait,you were taking naps when the kids were? | 等等,你是说孩子们睡觉的时候你也睡? |
[04:19] | Is that safe? | 这安全吗? |
[04:21] | Well,they’re only five. What are they gonna do to me? | 他们才五岁,能对我做什么? |
[04:26] | Ted’s still coming to this thing,right? | Ted还是会去,对吗? |
[04:28] | Yep. | 对 |
[04:30] | Do you think,um… hypothetically… it would be weird if I bring a date? | 你认为,嗯…假设我带个男人去会奇怪吗? |
[04:34] | Look at you,Scherbotsky,blatantly trying to make Ted jealous. | 瞧瞧你 ,Scherbotsky,显然想让Ted忌妒 |
[04:38] | No,it’s just this guy at the station. | 不 只是台里的一个人 |
[04:41] | I never get involved with co-workers,but he asked me and I said yes. | 我从不和同事交往,是他问了我,我同意了会奇怪吗 |
[04:45] | Is it going to be weird? | 会奇怪吗? |
[04:46] | No,it’s not going to be weird at all. | 不 一点也不会奇怪 |
[04:48] | Robin’s bringing a date. | Robin要带男人去 |
[04:50] | Boy. That’s going to be really weird. | 天啊,会很奇怪的 |
[04:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:55] | Robin’s bringing a date. | Robin要带男人去 |
[04:57] | Oh. Okay. That’s not weird. | 哦 好啊 不奇怪 |
[04:59] | She’s bringing a date. I’m glad she’s moving on. | 她带男朋友.我很高兴她重新开始了 |
[05:02] | – Dude,it’s going to be weird. – No,it’s fine. | – 伙计,会很奇怪的 – 不,没关系 |
[05:05] | Look,in spite of whatever happened between us,Robin and I are still friends. | 瞧,不管我们之间发生了什么,Robin和我还是朋友 |
[05:08] | I don’t think it’ll be weird. | 我不认为会奇怪 |
[05:09] | – Yeah,it won’t be weird. – Thank you. | – 对 不会奇怪的 – 谢谢 |
[05:11] | Because you’re going to bring your own date. | 因为你也要带女朋友 |
[05:13] | – Hello,Barney. – Hi,Mary. | – 你好,Barney. – 嗨,Mary. |
[05:16] | Have you met Ted? | 你见过Ted吗? |
[05:21] | Nice to meet you Ted. | 很高兴认识你Ted |
[05:23] | Hi,Mary. | 嗨,Mary. |
[05:24] | Wow. It’s,uh,nice to meet you,too. | 哇 我也很高兴认识你 |
[05:26] | So we’re going to an award show? | 那么我们去颁奖礼吗? |
[05:28] | Uh,yeah,will you just excuse us for one minute? | 嗯,对,请原谅 等一等? |
[05:30] | Barney. Barney. | |
[05:31] | See you in two shakes,Mare. | 一会见,Mare |
[05:32] | You two make yourselves comfortable. | 你们俩随便玩 |
[05:35] | What the hell? | 见鬼 怎么回事? |
[05:36] | Dude,your narrow-minded views on professional fornicators were harshing my mellow. | 伙计,你对色情行业狭窄的观点让我很气愤 |
[05:41] | So I got you a date for the evening. | 所以我给你的晚上找了个伴 |
[05:43] | You got me a hooker. | 你给我找了个妓女 |
[05:45] | – A really hot hook. – A hooker! | – 一个非常漂亮的. – 一个妓女! |
[05:48] | Think about it,this is perfect. | 想想吧 这很完美 |
[05:49] | A:it will make Robin insanely jealous… | A:你能让Robin忌妒到疯掉… |
[05:52] | B:ou get to have sex with her… | B:你可以和她上床… |
[05:55] | and C:maybe by getting to know Mary, | C:也许你能进一步了解Marry. |
[05:57] | you’ll come to see that courtesans are people,too. | 认识到妓女也是人. |
[05:59] | And D: “B” all night long. | D:你可以做B整夜. |
[06:04] | I’m not taking a prostitute to Robin’s banquet. | 我不会带妓女去Robin的宴会的. |
[06:06] | The only people who will know are you,me and Marshall. | 只有我、你和Marshell知道. |
[06:08] | No one will suspect a thing. | 没人会怀疑 |
[06:09] | They’ll just see you with this unbelievably smoking hot girl and… | 他们只会看见你和这一位不可思议的漂亮女孩… |
[06:13] | Okay,that’s a little bit suspicious. | 哦 好吧 这是有点可疑. |
[06:17] | Look,I’m just trying to expand your horizons a little bit tonight. | 瞧,我只是想在今晚扩展一下你的界线 |
[06:20] | But if you’re not interested,fine,I’m out 500 bucks. Whatever. | 但如果你没兴趣,没关系,我只是浪费了500美元,没什么 |
[06:23] | 500 bucks? | 500美元? |
[06:24] | Ted,you’re my cabron. | Ted你是我兄弟 |
[06:27] | You think I’m gonna stick you with some toothless tranny from the Port Authority? | 你以为我会在港务局给你找个没牙的吗? |
[06:31] | Look at how hot she is. Robin would be so jealous. | 瞧瞧她多辣.Robin会忌妒死的. |
[06:34] | I’m not trying to make Robin jealous,Barney. | 我不是想让Robin忌妒,Barney. |
[06:37] | Look,I… tell Mary,thanks. but no thanks. I have a soul. | 瞧,我… 告诉Marry谢谢,但是不用了,谢谢,我是有灵魂的人 |
[06:42] | And then your Uncle Marhsall and I had one of our famous telepathic conversations. | 然后我和Marshell叔叔开始了一段我们最有名的心电交流 |
[06:47] | Check out Robin’s date. | 瞧Robin的男朋友 |
[06:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:49] | Is that who I think it is? | 是我想的那个人吗? |
[06:51] | Yep. | 对 |
[06:52] | It’s Sandy Rivers. | 是Sandy Rivers |
[06:54] | Sandy Rivers was the face of Metro News One, | Sandy Rivers是Metro News一台的主持人 |
[06:57] | the most low-budget cable news network ever. | 这是有史以来最低成本的失败电视台 |
[07:00] | Sandy time. Sandy time! | Sandy时间.Sandy时间! |
[07:02] | He was best known for his morning segment “In Today’s Paper,” | 他最有名的是早上的读报节目“今日报刊” |
[07:06] | during which he literally flipped through today’s papers, | 他把当天的报纸找来逐字逐句的 |
[07:08] | reading them aloud to viewers. | 给观众读一遍 |
[07:10] | Here we have,on the front page,a story about a… | 今天的头版是一个… |
[07:13] | I guess,a guy in a superhero costume climbing the Empire State Building. | 我猜,穿着超级英雄衣服的人爬上了帝国大厦 |
[07:18] | Looks interesting. | 看起来挺有意思 |
[07:20] | These idiotic filler pieces were a guilty pleasure of ours. | 这是我们惭愧的一点白痴填充小游戏 |
[07:24] | Which Sandy do we want today? | 我们今天想看什么Sandy? |
[07:26] | French Sandy,porn star Sandy…? | 法国Sandy 艳星Sand…? |
[07:28] | Yosemite Sandy,definitely. | Yosemite Sandy,绝对 |
[07:30] | Excellent choice. | 选的绝了 |
[07:41] | I love this guy. | 我爱这人 |
[07:43] | I hate this guy. | 我恨这人 |
[07:48] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:49] | – Hi. – I’m Lily. | – 嗨. – 我是Lily. |
[07:51] | I’m Mary. It’s nice to meet you. | 我是Marry 很高兴见到你 |
[07:53] | Mary is a friend of Barney’s. Barney invited her. | Marry是Barney的朋友 Barney邀请了她 |
[07:55] | Just met Mary ourselves. Don’t know too much about Mary. | 只要记住Marry本人,不要了解她太多 |
[07:58] | Look,a beer. | 瞧 啤酒 |
[08:01] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[08:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:03] | – You look nice. – Oh,um,Ted,this is Sandy. | – 你看起来很漂亮 – 哦,嗯,Ted,这是Sandy |
[08:05] | Hi.Sandy Rivers.Use my full name.People get a kick out of it. | 嗨.Sandy Rivers.用我的全名 能让人激动 |
[08:10] | Hi,Sandy… | 嗨,Sandy… |
[08:11] | Rivers Rivers. | |
[08:13] | So are you two,uh… | 这么说,你们俩… |
[08:14] | Starting a bunch of office rumors? | 在办公室有很多绯闻? |
[08:16] | Looks that way. Looks that way. | 好像有哦 好像有哦 |
[08:20] | Oh,how rude of me. | 哦 我真没礼貌 |
[08:22] | Uh,Robin,Sandy… Rivers… | 恩,Robin,Sandy… Rivers… |
[08:25] | this is Mary,my date. | 这是Marry 我的女朋友 |
[08:33] | Ladies and gentlemen,welcome to the 45th annual Local Area Media Awards. | 女士们先生们,欢迎来到第45届本地年度传媒奖颁奖典礼 |
[08:37] | Please say hello to our host for the evening, | 欢迎我们今晚的主持人 |
[08:39] | king of the Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Movie, | 星期六下午功夫片国王 |
[08:41] | Vampire Lou! | 吸血鬼lou! |
[08:46] | Tonight we celebrate the very best in broadcasting | 今晚我将为传播领域最杰出的人物, |
[08:50] | and the triumph of the human spirit. | 为人类心灵的胜利而庆祝 |
[08:54] | Man,Vampire Lou just looks great. | 伙计,吸血鬼lou真是太棒了 |
[08:58] | I can’t believe I’m on a date with a hooker. | 我不敢相信我在和妓女约会 |
[09:01] | Yeah,I can’t believe you let her and Lily go to the ladies’ room together,man. | 对,我不敢相信你让她和lily一起去了洗手间,伙计 |
[09:04] | Secrets come out in there. | 她们会在那说自己的秘密的 |
[09:06] | Oh,please. How’s it’s going to come out? | 哦 拜托 怎么说秘密呢? |
[09:07] | “Uh,pass me a towel. P.S.,I have sex for money.” | “嗯,递给我一条毛巾,顺便说下 我和人上床挣钱” |
[09:10] | – Who has sex for money? – Nobody. | – 谁和人上床挣钱? – 没有人 |
[09:12] | What did you guys talk about in there? Anything interesting? | 你们在那谈了什么,有什么有趣的吗 |
[09:14] | No,not really. | 不,没什么 |
[09:16] | We just chitchatted and I borrowed her lipstick. | 我们只是闲谈几句,我向她借了唇膏 |
[09:21] | Why is Vampire Lou the host of a Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Movie? | 为什么吸血鬼lou会是星期六下午功夫片的主持人? |
[09:26] | You know,it just makes no sense. | 这一点道理都没有 |
[09:28] | God,that pisses me off. | 天 气死我了 |
[09:30] | Lily,you okay? | lily你还好吗? |
[09:31] | Oh,yeah,I’m just tired. And when I get tired,I get cranky. | 哦,没事,我只是累了,我累的时候就变的不正常 |
[09:35] | Really? I couldn’t imagine you cranky. | 真的?我可以想象你不正常的样子 |
[09:37] | “Really? I couldn’t imagine you cranky.” | “真的?我可以想象你不正常的样子” |
[09:41] | Wow. Why are you so tired? | 哇 为什么你这么累? |
[09:44] | Well,I teach kindergarten and the school board took away my nap time,the kids’ nap time. | 我是幼稚园老师,校董会取消了我的午睡时间――孩子们的午睡时间 |
[09:49] | Lily,quit your job. | lily 别干了 |
[09:50] | Work at a private school. You won’t have to deal with the school board, | 去个私人学校工作,不用管校董会 |
[09:52] | and you’ll make a ton more money. | 而且你能挣更多钱 |
[09:54] | Well,guess what,Barney? | 知道吗 Barney ? |
[09:55] | I don’t base all my life decisions on how much money I’m going to make, | 我做人生重要决定时并不是根据挣钱的多少 |
[09:59] | unlike you and,sadly,my fiance. | 不像你 可悲的是 也不像我的未婚夫 |
[10:01] | Well,it’s just an internship,for the record. | 我只是在实习,积累经验 |
[10:03] | Yeah,because if I did sacrifice all my values just for an easy buck, | 因为如果我为了钱而牺牲所以的价值观 |
[10:07] | what would that make me? | 那我变成什么人了? |
[10:09] | A prostitute. | 妓女 |
[10:10] | Exactly. Thank you,Mary. | 完全正确 谢谢 Mary |
[10:12] | So,Mary,what do you do for a living? | 那么,Mary你是做什么的? |
[10:15] | She’s a paralegal. | 她是个助理律师 |
[10:18] | Yes,I’m a paralegal. | 对,我是个助理律师 |
[10:20] | Oh,so,Mary the paralegal. | 哦,那么Mary是助理律师, |
[10:22] | What does a paralegal do exactly? | 助理律师究竟要做些什么呢? |
[10:26] | I just assist with day-to-day clerical work in a law firm downtown. | 我在市区的一家法律公司协助做一些日常行政工作 |
[10:30] | Oh,what firm? | 哦,哪间公司? |
[10:32] | Douglas,O’Halloran and Stamp. | Douglas,O’Halloran和Stamp |
[10:34] | That’s a real law firm. | 那是一间真的法律公司 |
[10:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:37] | Nice. | 棒 |
[10:39] | You’re pretty good on your feet. | 干得不错 |
[10:41] | Are you flirting with me? | 你是在和我调情吗? |
[10:43] | Is that allowed? | 允许吗? |
[10:44] | Yes,it’s encouraged. | 对,而且值得鼓励 |
[10:47] | You know,I wouldn’t normally say this on a first date,but… | 你知道 我一般初次约会不会这么说… |
[10:50] | well,considering… | 但是考虑到…… |
[10:52] | I’m just going to say it. You are so hot! | 我就说了 你真辣! |
[10:56] | – Well,thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[10:58] | Mary,Ted is a great guy. You hold on to him. | Mary,Ted是个好男人 你一定要看紧他 |
[11:01] | Don’t let him out of your sight for a minute. | 一分钟也别让他离开你的视线 |
[11:05] | So,Sandy,what do you do? | 那么,Sandy你是做什么的? |
[11:07] | Oh,wait,I know what you do. | 哦,等等 我知道了 |
[11:08] | You’re the guy who reads the paper in the morning. | 你是早上读报纸的人 |
[11:11] | You got me. | 你说中了 |
[11:12] | What do you do,Ted? | 你是做什么的Ted? |
[11:13] | Oh,same thing as you,I read the paper every morning. | 和你一样,我每天早上读报纸 |
[11:16] | But then after that,I finish my coffee and I go to my real job as an architect | 但是读完以后 我喝了咖啡就去做我真实的工作了 我是建筑师 |
[11:19] | where I make an actual contribution to the world. | 我对世界有实际的贡献 |
[11:22] | I’m just kidding. Love your show. You’re terrific. | 只是开个玩笑 我喜欢你的节目 你太棒了 |
[11:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:26] | I never tire of hearing that. | 这句话我从来听不腻 |
[11:30] | Hey,you know that scene in Empire where they lower the helmet onto Darth Vader’s head? | 嘿,你知道帝国时代Darth Vader头上戴着头盔的样子吗? |
[11:35] | Do you think that’s how Sandy puts his hair on in the morning? | 早上Sandy就是那样,觉得吗? |
[11:39] | You just insulted someone I hate by referencing something I love. | 你刚侮辱了我讨厌的人 而且用了我喜欢的方法 |
[11:44] | Damn,you just got even hotter. | 见鬼 你变得更辣了 |
[11:49] | And so,as the night wore on,I started to realize, | 那晚后来我逐渐意识到 |
[11:53] | this girl,despite what she did for a living,was kind of great. | 这个女孩,尽管是个妓女,但确实很棒 |
[12:01] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[12:03] | Mary seems nice. | Mary看起来不错 |
[12:04] | Have you kissed her yet | 你吻过她了吗? |
[12:05] | or are you waiting until you’re in a serious relationship with someone else? | 还是要等到你和别人发展成为正式的情侣关系以后? |
[12:10] | I,uh… I wanted to apologize for everything that happened. | 我,嗯…我要为发生的一切道歉 |
[12:12] | – And just like that, – it’s all okay. | – 就这样 – 我们就没事了 |
[12:14] | Roll credits. | 滚动信用 |
[12:15] | So you’re going to be mad at me forever? What,we’re not even friends now? | 那么你要永远生气下去吗?我们现在不是朋友了吗? |
[12:17] | – We’re still friends. – Are we? | – 我们还是朋友 – 是吗? |
[12:19] | You don’t return my calls,we never hang out | 你不回我电话 我们不一起玩了 |
[12:21] | and now you’re trying to make my jealous by waving Edward R. Moron in my face? | 现在你想让我忌妒 就带一个白痴出现在我面前? |
[12:25] | Oh,and Paralegally Blonde isn’t here in her low-cut dress to make me jealous? | 哦,你找个穿夜总会礼服的金发助理律师不也是要让我忌妒吗? |
[12:29] | Oh,so now she’s a whore? | 哦,那么你是说她是妓女? |
[12:32] | What? | 什么? |
[12:33] | You know something? Mary the paralegal is awesome. | 你知道吗?助理律师Mary很棒 |
[12:36] | And you know what else? I didn’t come here tonight to make you jealous, | 你要知道 我今天来不是要让你忌妒 |
[12:38] | I came here to support you as a friend. | 而是要像一个朋友那样支持你 |
[12:40] | And frankly,I’m sick of trying. | 而老实说 我已经厌倦了这种尝试了 |
[12:45] | I like that guy. | 我喜欢那人 |
[12:51] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[12:53] | What were you guys talking about over there? | 你们在那谈什么? |
[12:54] | Oh,I was,uh,just telling my friend that I think you’re awesome. | 哦,我只是告诉我朋友 我觉得你很棒 |
[12:59] | Well,thanks. | 嗯,谢谢 |
[13:01] | You know,this is one of the nicer hotels I’ve ever been in. | 你知道吗 这是我进过的最好的酒店 |
[13:04] | Oh,yeah,my friend did the remodel. | 哦 我的朋友负责改造过这 |
[13:05] | You should see the rooms. The views are amazing. | 你应该看看这的客房 风景很漂亮 |
[13:07] | Yeah? Maybe it’s too bad we don’t have a room. | 是吗 也许我们没有房间太糟了 |
[13:11] | Room 1506. My treat. You kids go nuts. | 1506房 我付钱 你们去疯吧 |
[13:14] | Actually,don’t use the mini-bar. | 事实上,不要用迷你条 |
[13:22] | Do it. Come on,Ted,do it. | 去吧 拜托 Ted 去吧 |
[13:24] | This is one of those things you have to do before you turn 30. | 这是你30岁之前必须做的一件事 |
[13:26] | Sleep with a prostitute? | 和妓女上床? |
[13:28] | No,lose your virginity. What up. | 不 告别处男身 |
[13:30] | Statistic– men who have had at least one relationship with a prostitute | 统计证明 和妓女至少一次有染的男人在今后的恋情中成功的几率 |
[13:34] | are 75% more likely to have success in future relationships. | 至少要高出75% |
[13:38] | You just made that up. | 你编的 |
[13:39] | – Withdrawn. – Lawyered. | – 撤销 – 律师 |
[13:41] | Okay,three things. First of all,Robin’s category’s almost up. | 好吧 有三点 一 Robin的奖就要颁了 |
[13:43] | And second of all,you cannot do this. | 二 你不该这么做 |
[13:45] | It’s wrong on every level. | 不论怎么说这都是错的 |
[13:47] | And third,I’ve been placing small items in Sandy’s hair all night. He still hasn’t noticed. | 三 我偷偷弄了点小东西在Sandy的头发上 他还没有发现 |
[13:51] | I know I can’t do this. I’m not doing this. | 我知道我不能这么做 我不会做的 |
[13:53] | It’s just…it’s a shame. | 只是有点可惜 |
[13:54] | She’s really cool. | 她很酷 |
[13:55] | Yeah,well… there we go. | 对了,嗯…开始了 |
[13:58] | A Bicycle– Joyride or Deathtrap? | 一辆单车– 兜风还是危险? |
[14:01] | Mike Murphy for 13, Pregnant and Addicted. | Mike Murphy 13岁怀孕和吸毒 |
[14:05] | And Robin Scherbotsky for Pickles,the Singing Dog. | Robin Scherbotsky的小菜,歌唱的狗狗 |
[14:09] | And the winner is… | 获奖者是… |
[14:11] | Robin Scherbotsky Robin Scherbotsky. | |
[14:19] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[14:20] | Oh,wow. This is really a surprise. | 哦,哇,这真是个惊喜 |
[14:25] | Um,you know it’s nice to be able to share this award with my friends. | 嗯,你知道和我的朋友们一起分享这个奖棒极了 |
[14:29] | They’re all here tonight. | 他们今天都来了 |
[14:31] | Marshall,Lily,Sandy Rivers… Marshall,Lily,Sandy Rivers… | |
[14:35] | Barney… Barney… | |
[14:38] | And that’s it. Those are all my friends. | 就这些 他们是我所有的朋友 |
[14:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:48] | – Congratulations. – Oh,thanks. | – 恭喜 – 哦,谢谢 |
[14:51] | Um,Sandy,do you want to get a cab? | 嗯,Sandy想叫辆出租车吗? |
[14:54] | Sure. Let’s go. | 好 我们走 |
[14:56] | Yeah,this party’s dead. Mary,you want to go upstairs? | 对 这个派对已经完了 Mary你想上楼去吗? |
[15:01] | We,uh,got a room. | 我们,嗯……有个房间 |
[15:04] | Dude,what are you doing? | 伙计 你在干什么? |
[15:07] | What’s it look like? | 看起来是什么? |
[15:08] | It looks bad,is what it looks like. You cannot do this. | 看起来很遭,你不能这么做 |
[15:11] | Marshall,she is a really cool girl when you get to know her. | Marshall,如果了解她你就知道 她真的是个很酷的女孩 |
[15:14] | Besides,I’m trying to make Robin jealous. | 而且我想让Robin忌妒 |
[15:16] | Oh,that’s real mature. | 哦 那太成熟了 |
[15:18] | Marshall,what is up with you and Ted? | Marshall,Marshell你和Ted在说什么? |
[15:21] | Nothing,baby. Don’t worry about it. | 没事宝贝,别担心 |
[15:24] | Fine. Do what you want. | 好,做你想做的事吧 |
[15:26] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[15:28] | Should we go? | 我们走吗? |
[15:29] | Yeah. | 好 |
[15:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:33] | Well… | 嗯… |
[15:35] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:36] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:52] | So,did you and Barney ever…? | 那么,你和Barney有没有…? |
[15:53] | There’s not enough money in the world. | 世上可没有足够的钱 |
[15:55] | Oh,thank God. | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[16:00] | Wow,so they’re…? | 哇 那么说他们…? |
[16:04] | Robin,where’s Sandy Rivers? | Robin,Sandy Rivers在哪? |
[16:06] | I put him in a cab. | 我送他上了出租车 |
[16:08] | So you and he aren’t…? | 那么你和他不是…? |
[16:09] | I don’t date people I work with. | 我不和同事约会 |
[16:11] | I was just trying to make Ted jealous. | 我只是想让Ted忌妒 |
[16:14] | Is he…? | 他呢…? |
[16:15] | He’s off trying to make you jealous. | 他也是想让你忌妒 |
[16:17] | Oh,well,good for them. | 哦,嗯,他们不错啊 |
[16:19] | And,you know,if Ted likes her,she’s probably pretty cool. | 而且,你知道吗,如果Ted喜欢她 她也许真的很酷 |
[16:24] | Lily,I know you’re asleep, | Lily我知道你在睡觉 |
[16:27] | but I have to tell someone this,and we tell each other everything. So,here it goes. | 但我必须告诉某个人 我们不向对方隐瞒任何事情 所以 我要说了 |
[16:30] | Mary’s not a paralegal. | Mary不是助理律师 |
[16:32] | She’s a prostitute. | 她是妓女 |
[16:34] | Mary’s a prostitute? | Mary是妓女? |
[16:36] | What?! | 什么?! |
[16:37] | Barney paid for her. | Barney付的钱 |
[16:39] | Is that true? | 真的吗? |
[16:41] | We were having a conversation about prostitution, | 我们谈了关于嫖妓的事 |
[16:44] | and then Barney calls her up and then she shows up at the bar | 然后Barney打了电话给她 她就出现在酒吧了 |
[16:47] | and now she and Ted are upstairs. | 而现在她和Ted在楼上了 |
[16:48] | Okay,seriously,what is going on with Ted lately? | 哦 说真的 Ted最近到底是怎么回事? |
[16:51] | Is he having a nervous breakdown? | 他精神出问题了吗? |
[16:53] | You know,Barney,for anyone else,this would be a new low, | 你知道吗 Barney 对任何人来说这都是更深的新堕落 |
[16:57] | but sadly,for you,it’s just a new middle. | 但对你来说只是新的中度堕落 |
[17:01] | Oh,my God,I used her lipstick! Ah! | 哦 我的天 我用了她的唇膏 ! 噢! |
[17:05] | That’s her napkin. | 那是她的餐巾 |
[17:06] | No! | 不! |
[17:09] | Okay,well,I guess now is as good a time as any. | 好,嗯,我想现在是最好的时机了 |
[17:11] | In keeping with tonight’s award show motif, | 为了保持今晚的颁奖主题 |
[17:14] | I’d like to announce this evening’s big twist ending! | 我想宣布本晚最曲折的结局! |
[17:20] | Vampire Lou,would you do the honors? | 吸血鬼Lou,有幸请你宣布吗? |
[17:24] | “Mary’s not really a prostitute.” | “Mary不是真妓女” |
[17:27] | What? | 什么? |
[17:28] | That’s all,Vampire Lou. Nicely done. | 就这样吸血鬼Lou. 干得好 |
[17:30] | – So she’s not…? – No. | – 那么她不是…? – 对 |
[17:31] | Mary’s just a paralegal who lives in my building. | Mary只是住在我那幢楼里的一个助理律师 |
[17:34] | Oh– ha-ha! And here’s the best part– | 哦– 哈-哈!而且最有趣的是– |
[17:35] | she has no idea that Ted thinks she’s a hooker. | 她不知道Ted以为她是妓女 |
[17:40] | Oh,come on. | 哦 拜托 |
[17:42] | If you don’t laugh,it just seems mean. | 如果你们不笑 就好像太吝啬了 |
[17:54] | I feel kind of like Richard Gere. | 我觉得自己是里查・基尔 |
[17:57] | – Not shy about your looks,are you? – No. | – 不是对自己的样子害羞,对吗? – 对 |
[18:02] | You know,Mary,I’ve never done this before. | 你知道吗,Mary,我从来没这么做过 |
[18:05] | Done what? | 做什么? |
[18:06] | You know,been… on a “date.” | 你知道,“约会” |
[18:11] | Yeah,right. | 是的,对 |
[18:13] | Wait,you’re kidding,right? | 等等,你是在开玩笑,对吗 |
[18:15] | No. | 不 |
[18:16] | Why,is that so odd? | 怎么 这很奇怪吗? |
[18:18] | Well,Ted,I mean,I’ve been going on dates since I was 15. | 嗯,Ted,我的意思是,我15岁就开始和人约会了 |
[18:23] | God,you were just a kid. | 天 你那时候还是个孩子啊 |
[18:26] | Well,look,let’s just have a few drinks. We’ll relax and… | 嗯,瞧,我们先喝点酒 这样我们就能放松 |
[18:29] | Yeah,that sounds great. I had clients riding me all day long. | 好 听起来不错 我的客户整天骑在我身上 |
[18:35] | Must be tough. | 一定很难 |
[18:36] | Yeah. I mean,this one guy just wouldn’t leave me alone. | 对,我是说我有个客户就是不能放过我 |
[18:38] | I mean,talk about anal. | 我的意思是,和我讨论肛门 |
[18:47] | Well,here we are. | 嗯,我们到了 |
[18:52] | Okay,look,Mary,I like you a lot. | 好吧 Mary 我很喜欢你 |
[18:55] | I’m sort of amazed at how much I like you,but I can’t do this. | 我这么喜欢你都让我有点吃惊了,但我不能这么做 |
[18:59] | You’re a hooker. | 你是个妓女 |
[19:02] | What? | 什么? |
[19:03] | Look,maybe I’m old-fashioned,but I’m sorry,that’s a deal-breaker for me. | 瞧,也许我太老土 但是对不起 这是违背我的原则的 |
[19:06] | I’m not going to have sex with a prostitute. | 我不会和妓女上床 |
[19:08] | No… Ted,I’m a paralegal. | 不… Ted 我是个助理律师 |
[19:11] | Come on,Mary,there’s no one else around. | 拜托Mary,这里也没有别人 |
[19:13] | You’re a hooker. | 你是个妓女 |
[19:15] | No,Ted… | 不 Ted … |
[19:17] | I’m a paralegal. | 我是个助理律师 |
[19:19] | No,you’re a hooker. | 不 你是个妓女 |
[19:22] | No,I’m a paralegal. | 不 我是个助理律师 |
[19:29] | You’re a paralegal. | 你是个助理律师 |
[19:35] | That was not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[19:36] | Not funny,dude. | 不好笑 伙计 |
[19:38] | I know,it was hilarious. | 我知道,这是场闹剧 |
[19:40] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这么做? |
[19:42] | I did it to prove a point. | 我想证实一点 |
[19:43] | What point? | 证实什么? |
[19:46] | Stay with me. It’s going to come to me. | 别走开,我就想到了 |
[19:50] | Ah,okay,here’s the point. | 哦 好 我要证实的是 |
[19:52] | You thought that Mary was a sure thing,right? | 你确定了Mary的身份 对吗? |
[19:54] | So what happened? She took you up to a hotel room on the first date. | 然后发生了什么? 第一次约会她就带你去了酒店房间 |
[19:58] | All you have to do is be that confident with every girl you meet | 你要做的就是对每个女人都这样 |
[20:01] | and your slump is over. | 你的阳痿就解决了 |
[20:02] | So the message is,I should treat every woman like a whore? | 你要传达的讯息就是我要像对待妓女一样对待每个女人? |
[20:05] | Come on,dude,you should be thanking me. | 拜托 伙计 你不应该感谢我吗 |
[20:07] | She slapped me and stormed off. | 她打了我一个耳光,怒气冲冲的走了 |
[20:09] | Can you blame her? You called her a hooker. | 你能怪她吗? 你叫人家妓女 |
[20:12] | I’m sorry,dude,it was funny. | 对不起 伙计 这挺好笑 |
[20:15] | Yeah. Well,it’s getting late. I should get back to my room. | 对 嗯 已经晚了 我要回我的房间了 |
[20:18] | Your room? | 你的房间? |
[20:19] | Yeah,that really expensive hotel room you put on your credit card– | 对 那间非常贵的酒店房间是你用信用卡付款的– |
[20:22] | never checked out. | 还没退房 |
[20:23] | By the way,you know what’s super fun? | 顺便说下 你知道什么超级有趣吗? |
[20:25] | Pouring Dom Perignon down a bathtub drain. | 我要把Dom Perignon倒进下水道(Dom Perignon是一种昂贵的法国香槟) |
[20:28] | Well,it’s almost 3:00. Got a massage. Toodles. | 嗯 快三点了 我要按摩一下 |
[20:34] | Come on,if you don’t laugh,it just seems mean. | 拜托 如果你不笑,那你好像太吝啬了 |