时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | How.I.Met.Your.Mother Season 01 Episode 21 | |
[00:13] | Kids,life is a dark road. | 孩子们,人生就像一条黑暗的道路 |
[00:15] | You never really know what’s up ahead. | 你永远看不清前方等待你的将是什么 |
[00:17] | One night you’re cruising along enjoying the ride, | 一个夜晚,当你独自享受的行驶在这条道路上时 |
[00:20] | and then all of a sudden, | 突然间 |
[00:22] | you’re 28. | 你28岁了 |
[00:24] | For the birthday boy,lasagna. | 这是给生日男孩的千层面 |
[00:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:27] | Careful.The plate is very hot. | 小心,盘子很烫 |
[00:29] | OKay. | 好的 |
[00:31] | Oh,go on,touch it. | 哦,来吧,碰一下 |
[00:34] | Sweet damn, | 见鬼 |
[00:34] | that’s a hot plate. | 好烫的盘子 |
[00:37] | All right,so,Barney, | 好吧,那么,Barney, |
[00:38] | are you doing this or what? | 你干不干啊? |
[00:39] | jeez,Barney,don’t do this. | 老天,Barney,别 |
[00:40] | I have to,it’s my birthday present to Ted. | 我必须做,这是我给Ted的生日礼物 |
[00:42] | You don’t have to. | 你不是一定要做 |
[00:43] | Please,it’s going to be embarrassing | 拜托,会很丢人的 |
[00:45] | and we’re going to have to stop coming here, | 我们以后都不敢再来了 |
[00:46] | which will suck… | 这可不怎么好… |
[00:47] | in addition to probably being kind of healthy. | 补充一点,不来这可能会更健康 |
[00:50] | Come on,Marshall, | 拜托,Marshall, |
[00:51] | it’s the greatest pickup line of all time. | 这在什么时候都是泡妞的好招 |
[00:54] | Barney Barney. | |
[00:55] | gevalt. | 天啊 |
[00:59] | happy birthday,Ted. | 生日快乐,Ted |
[01:03] | excuse me,has anyone ever told Y… | 请原谅,有人告诉过你… |
[01:05] | oh,my god. | 哦,天啊 |
[01:06] | What? | 怎么? |
[01:08] | Call an ambulance! | 叫救护车! |
[01:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[01:10] | Try not to speak. | 别说话 |
[01:11] | Here,sit down. | 来,坐下 |
[01:11] | Just don’t talk, | 只要别说话 |
[01:12] | don’t talk. | 别说话 |
[01:13] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧? |
[01:14] | I’m serious,call 911. | 我认真的,拨911 |
[01:15] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[01:16] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事? |
[01:17] | Just don’t move. | 不要动 |
[01:18] | Don’t move. | 不要动 |
[01:19] | Just try… | 只要试着… |
[01:19] | here,have some water. | 来,喝点水 |
[01:20] | Water! | 水! |
[01:22] | Here,drink this. | 来,喝了这个 |
[01:25] | You know,the more I watch this, | 你知道吗,我看得越多 |
[01:27] | the less convinced I am that it’s the greatest pickup line of all time. | 就越觉得这个任何时候都合适的泡妞妙招没什么说服力 |
[01:30] | Wait for it. | 等等 |
[01:32] | 28 28. | |
[01:33] | Two more ’til the big one,three-O. | 还有两年就是重要的三十岁 |
[01:36] | Actually,my 30th birthday wasn’t so bad. | 事实上,我的30岁生日也不太糟糕 |
[01:39] | except for the goat in my bathroom. | 除了我的洗手间多了只羊 |
[01:41] | Which is a great story. | 倒是个好故事 |
[01:42] | But I’ll get to that later. | 但我以后再讲 |
[01:44] | Still,you know, | 而且,你知道 |
[01:45] | another year older. | 又老了一岁 |
[01:47] | Still single. | 却还是单身 |
[01:48] | You don’t hear your Tedological clock ticking? | 你难道没有听到自己“Ted钟”在向前走吗? |
[01:50] | Nope. | 没有 |
[01:51] | I hit the snooze button. | 我按下睡眠键了 |
[01:53] | And here come the paramedics. | 护理员来了 |
[01:55] | Oh,thank god,you’re here. | 哦,谢天谢地,你们来了 |
[01:57] | What is going on?! | 什么情况?! |
[01:58] | I think there might be some internal bleeding. | 我想可能是内出血 |
[02:00] | Probably some fractures. | 可能有破裂 |
[02:01] | We got to get her to the hospital. | 我们必须送她去医院 |
[02:02] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[02:03] | You’ve had a terrible fall. | 你摔的很重 |
[02:04] | No,I haven’t. | 我没有摔啊 |
[02:05] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[02:06] | Cause I could swear you fell straight out of heaven. | 我发誓你是从天堂摔落下的 |
[02:08] | Angel… | 天使… |
[02:12] | Give him your number. | 给他你的号码 |
[02:14] | What? | 什么? |
[02:15] | Give him your number. | 给他你的号码 |
[02:17] | What? | 什么? |
[02:17] | Give him your number. | 给他你的号码 |
[02:19] | you’re embarrassing me. | 你在让我难堪 |
[02:20] | Give him your number. | 给他你的号码 |
[02:21] | What are you…? | 你怎么…? |
[02:22] | -Come on. -Give him your number. | -来吧 -给他你的号码 |
[02:23] | They’re not going to stop | 你不给我号码 |
[02:24] | ’til you give me your number. | 他们是不会停下的 |
[02:26] | Give him your number. | 给他你的号码 |
[02:27] | All right! | 好吧! |
[02:28] | It works! | 成功! |
[02:31] | I cannot believe that she gave him her number. | 我不敢相信她给了他号码 |
[02:34] | Maybe she really does have a brain injury. | 她可能真的脑子受损了 |
[02:38] | Thank you,everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[02:39] | It’s been fun. | 这很有意思 |
[02:40] | It’s Wendy the waitress. | 这是服务生Wendy |
[02:41] | Tip her well. | 多给她点小费 |
[02:42] | Thanks a lot,guys. | 多谢你们 |
[02:43] | Troilus and Cressida. | Troilus和Cressida |
[02:44] | Neighborhood playhouse. | 来自隔壁的剧场 |
[02:44] | Check them out,they’re good. | 去看他们的表演吧,他们很不错 |
[02:48] | I realize why I’m still single. | 我知道我为什么还单身了 |
[02:49] | I’m picky. | 我太挑剔了 |
[02:50] | I’m not going to settle. | 我不会定下来的 |
[02:51] | If I’m going to marry someone, | 我要娶的人, |
[02:52] | she has to be perfect. | 必须是完美的 |
[02:53] | Well,what’s perfect? | 嗯,怎么样的完美? |
[02:54] | It’s not like I have a list. | 具体我可不知道 |
[02:56] | Oh,yes,you do. | 哦,你知道 |
[02:56] | Attractive,college-educated, | 迷人,大学毕业 |
[02:58] | she wants two kids– | 她想要两个孩子– |
[02:59] | a boy and a girl… | 一个男孩,一个女孩… |
[03:00] | that’s not hard. | 这不难 |
[03:00] | -I know at least… -I’m not done. | -我知道,至少… -我还没说完 |
[03:01] | She likes dogs, | 她喜欢狗 |
[03:02] | Otis Redding, | 喜欢Otis Redding |
[03:03] | does the crossword. | 喜欢做填字游戏 |
[03:04] | She’s into sports, | 擅长运动 |
[03:05] | but not so much so that her legs are,like, | 但是不要运动太多 |
[03:06] | more muscular than mine. | 腿上肌肉比我还多的那种 |
[03:08] | That weirds me out. | 我觉得太奇怪,不喜欢 |
[03:09] | And she plays bass guitar like Kim Deal from the Pixies. | 而且她要能像Pixies里的Kim Deal 那样弹低音电吉他 |
[03:11] | Or Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth. | 或者像Sonic Youth里的Kim Gordon |
[03:13] | Any Kim from any cool band,really. | 或者像任何一个酷乐队里的Kim |
[03:14] | Can’t be too picky. | 不要太挑剔 |
[03:15] | You’re never going to find this girl. | 你永远找不到这样的女孩的 |
[03:17] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[03:18] | So I’m just going to wait for her to come to me. | 所以我只能等她来找我 |
[03:20] | I am done trying to plan the unplannable. | 我不想再计划无法计划的事情了 |
[03:22] | So,what,you think fate’s just gonna take care of it? | 那么,你是认为命运会帮你搞定? |
[03:25] | That’s the plan. | 这就是我的计划 |
[03:29] | And little did I know, | 然而我不知道 |
[03:30] | at that very moment, | 就在那一刻 |
[03:31] | fate– | 命运– |
[03:31] | in the form of a 600 gigahertz superprocessing computer | 借助一台60万兆赫的超处理电脑 |
[03:35] | was taking care of it. | 帮我搞定了 |
[03:43] | you’re up early. | 你起早了 |
[03:44] | thought I’d whip up some pancakes. | 我还以为我要用烤薄饼这招呢 |
[03:46] | Does Marshall know? | Marshall知道吗? |
[03:46] | He’s still sound asleep. | 他听起来好像还在睡 |
[03:54] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[03:56] | So awesome. | 真太棒了 |
[03:58] | God! Best girl ever. | 天! 你是最棒的女孩 |
[04:00] | Screw these pancakes, | 干掉这些薄饼 |
[04:01] | I should cover you in syrup and gobble you up. | 我要用糖浆把你裹起来然后吞掉 |
[04:04] | Please don’t do that. | 求你别那么做 |
[04:07] | Hey,is this milk any good? | 嘿,牛奶没坏吧? |
[04:12] | that totally got me yesterday. | 我昨天喝了,也这样 |
[04:14] | God,why didn’t you throw it away? | 天,那你为什么不扔掉? |
[04:17] | I’m going shopping after work. | 下班以后我要去买东西 |
[04:18] | I’ll pick up some milk. | 会带牛奶回来 |
[04:21] | These pancakes are delightful. | 这些薄饼真让人高兴 |
[04:26] | What’s wrong,baby? | 怎么回事,宝贝? |
[04:29] | This is the high point of my day. | 这是我一天中最快乐的时候 |
[04:31] | It was true. | 确实如此 |
[04:32] | See,Marshall had always dreamed of using his law degree | 瞧,Marshall一直梦想能用自己的律师学位 |
[04:34] | to protect the environment. | 保护环境 |
[04:36] | But he needed money for the wedding, | 但是他结婚需要钱 |
[04:37] | so he’d been interning for two months at Barney’s firm… | 所以他在Barney的公司实习两个月了… |
[04:40] | and he hated every minute of it. | 他恨在那的每一分钟 |
[04:42] | Hey,Barney, | 嘿,Barney, |
[04:42] | I had some questions about filling out these requisition forms. | 我填这些请购单时有点问题 |
[04:45] | Binoculars. | 拿望远镜 |
[04:46] | Second pair on my desk. | 我桌上那副 |
[04:48] | I don’t have time to be creepy,dude. | 我没时间玩匍匐的游戏,伙计 |
[04:49] | I have a lot of work to do. | 我有很多事做 |
[04:51] | Just take a look,will ya? | 就看一下,好吗? |
[04:53] | Okay, | 好 |
[04:55] | corner office. | 角落的办公室 |
[04:56] | Top floor. | 最顶层 |
[04:58] | Check out that guy. | 看这人 |
[05:00] | Name’s Clark Butterfield. | 他叫Clark Butterfield |
[05:01] | He works over at Nicholson,Hewitt and West | 他在“Nicholson,Hewitt与West”工作 |
[05:04] | and every morning, | 每天早上, |
[05:05] | he orders a sandwich from the deli downstairs. | 他都要在楼下的熟食店定一个三明治 |
[05:07] | So? | 然后? |
[05:08] | So guess what I did to that sandwich? | 猜猜我对他的三明治做了什么? |
[05:11] | Here,I took a picture. | 瞧,我拍了照 |
[05:16] | Sweet lord. | 天啊 |
[05:18] | And now I’m e-mailing said picture to him. | 现在我要把这个照片发电子邮件给他 |
[05:33] | Duck! | 蹲下! |
[05:34] | That is sick! | 你有病啊! |
[05:38] | Why would you do that? | 为什么这么做? |
[05:40] | Who knows? | 谁知道? |
[05:40] | This feud goes so far back | 这场交锋已经持续很久了 |
[05:42] | I can’t remember who fired the first shot. | 我都记不得谁先开的火了 |
[05:43] | You? | 你? |
[05:44] | Totally. | 正确 |
[05:46] | look,if you would just… | 瞧,只要你… |
[05:48] | help me fill out these forms, | 你能帮我填完表格 |
[05:50] | that would be great. | 就太棒了 |
[05:52] | What? | 什么? |
[05:53] | Butterfield is going to retaliate within the next four hours. | Butterfield会在四小时之内报复 |
[05:55] | That’s been his pattern. | 这是他的模式 |
[05:56] | This is war,Eriksen. | 现在是打仗,Eriksen |
[05:58] | I need you to clear your schedule, | 我需要你改变日程, |
[05:59] | call Lily,tell her you’ll be home late. | 打电话给Lily,告诉她你要晚下班 |
[06:01] | This is stupid. | 这太蠢了 |
[06:02] | Stu… | 蠢… |
[06:03] | come on,man, | 拜托,伙计, |
[06:04] | I didn’t recruit you to work here for your lawyering skills. | 我不是招你来这发挥你的律师技能的 |
[06:06] | I recruited you to be my executive mischief consultant. | 我招你来是做我的恶作剧处理顾问 |
[06:10] | This is a job for me,Barney. | 这是我的工作,Barney |
[06:12] | It’s a way to make some extra wedding money, | 是为婚礼多挣点钱的方法 |
[06:14] | and that’s it. | 就这样 |
[06:14] | Now I’m sorry, | 现在对不起 |
[06:15] | but I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[06:20] | Tracy,could you come in here,please? | Tracy,请你进来一下好吗? |
[06:24] | Would you please inform Mr. Eriksen | 请你通知Eriksen先生 |
[06:25] | that I’m no longer speaking to him. | 我再不会对他说话了 |
[06:29] | Mr. Eriksen,Mr. Stinson is no longer… | Eriksen先生,Stinson先生再不… |
[06:31] | I get it.Thank you,Tracy. | 我听到了 谢谢你,Tracy |
[06:38] | hello? | 喂? |
[06:39] | Hello. | 喂 |
[06:40] | May I speak with a Mr. Ted Mosby? | 请找一下Ted Mosby先生? |
[06:43] | Speaking. | 请讲 |
[06:44] | Mr. Mosby,how you doing,sir? | Mosby先生,你好吗? |
[06:46] | Bob Rorschach over here at love solutions. | 我是爱情中心的Bob Rorschach |
[06:48] | You signed up for our services about six months ago. | 六个月前,你曾申请过服务 |
[06:52] | You guys never found me a match. | 你们永远都找不到合适我的人选 |
[06:53] | Right. | 对 |
[06:55] | actually,that’s why I’m calling. | 事实上,这就是我打来的原因 |
[06:57] | We found her,sir. | 我们找到她了,先生 |
[06:58] | We found your soul mate. | 我们找到和你天生一对的女孩了 |
[07:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[07:03] | what happened to Ellen Pierce? | Ellen Pierce怎么不在? |
[07:04] | Doesn’t she run this place? | 她不是这的老板吗? |
[07:06] | my firm bought out the company. | 我的公司买下了这里 |
[07:08] | You know,we’re a high-end meats and textiles conglomerate, | 你知道,我们是经营肉类和纺织品聚合的 |
[07:10] | but the geniuses at corporate decided they wanted to diversify,so… | 但是,董事会的天才想让经营多样化… |
[07:15] | here I am. | 所以我来了 |
[07:17] | So I’m in good hands. | 这么说我找到可以高手了 |
[07:18] | You found me a match? | 你给我找到了合适的对象? |
[07:20] | There she is. | 她在这 |
[07:21] | Your soul mate. | 和你天生一对的女孩 |
[07:22] | That’ll be 500 bucks. | 这要收500美元 |
[07:24] | No way. | 不行 |
[07:25] | The last time I did this, | 上次我付了钱 |
[07:26] | the girl turned out to be engaged. | 那女孩却是订了婚的 |
[07:27] | She’s not engaged. | 她没有订婚 |
[07:28] | She’s your soul mate. | 她是和你天生一对的女孩 |
[07:30] | Just read the file. | 看下文件吧 |
[07:35] | so I read the file. | 于是我读了文件 |
[07:36] | And by god, | 天啊 |
[07:37] | this woman was perfect. | 这个女人很完美 |
[07:39] | She liked dogs, | 她喜欢狗 |
[07:40] | she spent her summers in North Carolina, | 她在加州北部过夏天 |
[07:42] | she played bass guitar, | 她弹低音电吉他 |
[07:43] | she did the times crossword, | 她做计时填字游戏 |
[07:45] | she played tennis, | 她打网球 |
[07:45] | she liked old movies, | 她喜欢老电影 |
[07:46] | her favorite food was lasagna, | 她最喜欢的食物是千层面 |
[07:48] | her favorite book was love in the time of cholera, | 她最喜欢的书是“霍乱时期的爱情” |
[07:49] | her favorite singer was Otis Redding | 她最喜欢的歌手是Otis Redding |
[07:51] | and she wanted two kids– | 而且她想要两个孩子– |
[07:52] | a boy and a girl. | 一个男孩和一个女孩 |
[07:55] | All right,fine. | 好吧 |
[07:56] | Set it up. | 帮我安排吧 |
[07:58] | You wanted to see me, | 你想见我 |
[07:59] | so I guess that means we’re talking again? | 所以我猜这代表我们又讲话了? |
[08:01] | Will you taste this latte for me? | 你能帮我尝尝这杯拿铁吗? |
[08:03] | I think they gave me decaf. | 我想他们给了我无咖啡因的 |
[08:09] | Tastes normal to me. | 我觉得味道正常 |
[08:10] | That’s what I thought,too. | 我也这么想的 |
[08:12] | Then I got this e-mail from Butterfield. | 但是我收到了Butterfield的邮件 |
[08:14] | god! | 天! |
[08:15] | It got me as well. | 我也受害了 |
[08:17] | then why did you have me drink it?! | 那你为什么还让我喝?! |
[08:20] | Because now… | 因为现在… |
[08:21] | you’re in. | 你要加入了 |
[08:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:25] | Don’t think I’m overlooking the obvious fact | 不要以为我会忽略 |
[08:26] | that I should just be mad at you. | 我应该生你的气这么明显的事实 |
[08:29] | But executive mischief consultant Marshall Eriksen reporting for duty. | 但是恶作剧处理顾问Marshall Eriksen要汇报今天的指责了 |
[08:34] | Let’s make that bastard pay. | 我们要让那个混蛋付出代价 |
[08:36] | You think that we should brush our teeth first? | 我们应该先刷刷牙吧? |
[08:38] | it’s probably a good idea. | 好像是个好主意 |
[08:41] | So that night I had a blind date with my perfect match. | 那一夜我与我完美的对象有个约会 |
[08:44] | I was so excited, | 我太激动了 |
[08:44] | I got there early. | 所以去早了 |
[08:46] | But before it even started… | 但是在约会还没开始前… |
[08:51] | Lily? Lily? | |
[08:52] | Hey,Ted,are you busy? | 嘿,Ted,你忙吗? |
[08:54] | yes. | 是的 |
[08:56] | right. Soul mate.Forgot. | 对了,天生一对,我忘了 |
[08:57] | Listen,could you take a cab out to Duchess county | 听着你能坐出租车过来Duchess郡 |
[09:00] | and change a flat on Marshall’s Fiero? | 来帮Marshall的Fiero车换个轮胎吗? |
[09:02] | What? | 什么? |
[09:03] | What? | 什么? |
[09:04] | No. | 不 |
[09:05] | Can’t you just call Marshall? | 你不能叫Marshall去吗? |
[09:06] | Marshall can’t know about this. | Marshall不能知道这件事 |
[09:08] | Look,Ted,it’s dark, | 瞧,Ted,天黑了 |
[09:10] | I don’t know how to change a tire, | 我不会换轮胎 |
[09:11] | and I’ve stumbled into the beginning of a very scary campfire story. | 而且我开始想一个很恐怖的野营故事了 |
[09:16] | Can you please hurry? | 求你了 |
[09:17] | I can’t,I’m waiting… | 我不行,我在等… |
[09:18] | oh,my god,is that a drifter with a hook for a hand? | 哦,我的天,那是一个带有一只铁钩手的流浪汉吗? |
[09:21] | No,drifter,no! | 不,流浪汉,别! |
[09:23] | Come on,Lily. | 拜托,Lily |
[09:25] | But you see my point. | 你明白我意思了 |
[09:27] | all right,stay there. | 好吧,呆在那 |
[09:29] | I’m on my way. | 我来了 |
[09:33] | And so, | 于是 |
[09:34] | one $90 cab ride later, | 付了90美元出租车费后 |
[09:37] | I was in the middle of nowhere. | 我到了个不知名的地方 |
[09:40] | thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[09:42] | I’m so sorry about this. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:43] | Did you get a hold of your date? | 你的约会推迟了吗? |
[09:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[09:45] | And was she okay about pushing it back? | 她对推迟一下没有意见吧? |
[09:47] | Yes.Because she’s perfect. | 没有,因为她是完美的 |
[09:48] | So what am I doing here? | 那么我为什么要来? |
[09:50] | You can never tell Marshall. | 你永远别告诉Marshall |
[09:51] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[09:52] | Ever. | 永远 |
[09:52] | Swear. | 发誓 |
[09:53] | Swear on the lives of your unborn boy and girl. | 用你没出生的儿子和女儿的生命发誓 |
[09:56] | I swear on Luke and Leia. | 我用Luke和Leia发誓 |
[09:59] | About a month ago, | 大概一个月前 |
[10:00] | I started getting insomnia. | 我开始失眠 |
[10:03] | Marrying Marshall had been all I wanted for a long time. | 我一直都很想嫁给Marshall |
[10:07] | But,now that it was really happening, | 但是,现在真的要发生了 |
[10:08] | it seemed kind of huge and scary. | 却好像太重大太可怕 |
[10:10] | Did you talk to Marshall about it? | 你和Marshall谈过这事吗? |
[10:12] | He wouldn’t have understood. | 他不会懂的 |
[10:13] | He’s not exactly nervous about tying the knot. | 他对结婚不怎么紧张 |
[10:20] | so I spent my nights reading, | 所以我晚上就读书 |
[10:22] | painting, | 画画 |
[10:23] | setting the high score on Super Bomberman… | 玩游戏,还得了最高分… |
[10:26] | That was you? | 是你? |
[10:26] | Awesome! | 太棒了! |
[10:27] | I know! | 我知道! |
[10:28] | I just got in the zone and… | 我刚进入地带,… |
[10:29] | not the point of the story. | 这不是重点 |
[10:31] | And then I started thinking about Victoria | 然后我想到了Victoria |
[10:33] | and how she followed her dream to Germany, | 她为了自己的梦想去了德国 |
[10:36] | then I found this art fellowship, | 然后我看到了这个艺术奖学金 |
[10:38] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[10:38] | It’s somewhere far away. | 在很远的地方 |
[10:40] | San Francisco. | 旧金山 |
[10:43] | But it’s not like I’m going to do it. | 但是我不是要去做 |
[10:45] | The dates conflict with the wedding. | 日期和婚礼有冲突 |
[10:47] | But I love painting, | 但我喜欢画画 |
[10:50] | and I’ve always wondered if I’m any good. | 一直想知道自己画的好不好 |
[10:54] | This was a way to find out. | 用这个方法可以找出答案 |
[10:55] | And the interview is tonight. | 面试是今晚 |
[10:57] | In New Haven. | 在New Haven |
[11:04] | You don’t want to get married. | 你不想结婚 |
[11:05] | Of course I want to get married. | 我当然想结婚 |
[11:08] | I… | 我… |
[11:09] | it’s not like I was ever gonna do it. | 不是说我一定会去 |
[11:11] | I just… | 我只是… |
[11:12] | I just really wanted to see if I could get this. | 我只是想知道我能不能得到这个机会 |
[11:16] | Lily,we live in the center of art and culture in America. | Lily,我们住在美国文化和艺术的中心 |
[11:19] | I’m sure you could find a program here that’s just as selective. | 我确定你一定能在这找到一样有选择性的项目 |
[11:22] | But you chose one in a city 3,000 miles away, | 但是你选择了3,000里以外的 |
[11:24] | and you didn’t tell Marshall. | 而且你没有告诉Marshall |
[11:26] | I think it’s pretty clear what that means. | 我觉得这代表了什么已经很明显了 |
[11:30] | Okay,I was… | 好吧,我… |
[11:32] | I was having second thoughts. | 我是动摇了 |
[11:35] | But I’m not any more. | 但我不会再了 |
[11:37] | I… | 我… |
[11:38] | I mean,this flat tire was a sign. | 我的意思是,轮胎坏了就预示 |
[11:40] | I’m not supposed to do this. | 我不该这么做 |
[11:42] | I’m supposed to go home | 我应该回家 |
[11:44] | and-and be with Marshall. | 和Marshall在一起 |
[11:47] | You must think I’m so stupid. | 你一定觉得我很傻 |
[11:49] | I don’t think you’re stupid. | 我不觉得你傻 |
[11:51] | I love Marshall. | 我爱Marshall |
[11:52] | I know you do. | 我知道你爱他 |
[11:53] | Come here. | 过来 |
[11:57] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[11:58] | Look… | 瞧… |
[12:00] | marriage is big. | 婚姻是重大的事情 |
[12:01] | You’re allowed to freak out. | 你可以害怕 |
[12:03] | But why am I the only one? | 但是为什么只有我害怕? |
[12:05] | How come Marshall isn’t doing anything crazy? | 为什么Marshall就没做什么疯狂的事? |
[12:08] | So all we need is one large shipping box | 那么我们只需要一只大纸箱 |
[12:10] | and 100 white mice. | 和100只白老鼠 |
[12:14] | All done. | 完成 |
[12:18] | Ted,let’s go to New Haven. | Ted,我们去New Haven吧 |
[12:21] | Lily, Lily, | |
[12:22] | don’t do this to yourself. | 别对你自己做这样的事 |
[12:23] | I just need to know if I can get in. | 我只是想知道我能不能入围 |
[12:25] | If I do this interview, | 如果我去面试 |
[12:27] | and get into the program, | 得到了这个项目 |
[12:28] | then I’ll know, | 到时我就能 |
[12:28] | and I can forget all about it, | 忘记这一切 |
[12:30] | and get married. | 去结婚 |
[12:30] | Come on! | 来吧! |
[12:31] | It’s an adventure. | 这是场冒险 |
[12:32] | No,it’s not an adventure. | 不,这不是冒险 |
[12:34] | It’s a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[12:35] | Okay,yes,it’s a mistake. | 好吧,对,这是个错误 |
[12:37] | I know it’s a mistake. | 我知道这是个错误 |
[12:38] | But there are certain things in life | 但生活中有些事情 |
[12:40] | where you know it’s a mistake | 你知道会是错误 |
[12:41] | but you don’t really know it’s a mistake | 却又不明确一定是错误 |
[12:43] | because the only way to really know it’s a mistake is to make the mistake, | 因为明确这是一个错误的唯一方法就是犯下这个错误 |
[12:46] | and look back,and say, | 然后再回头看,就可以说 |
[12:46] | “yep.That was a mistake.” | “对,是个错误” |
[12:48] | So,really,the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake, | 所以,不犯这个错误将是个更大的错误 |
[12:51] | because then you go your whole life not really knowing | 因为这样你一辈子都不能肯定 |
[12:53] | if something is a mistake or not. | 这是不是错误 |
[12:55] | And,damn it, | 而且,见鬼 |
[12:55] | I’ve made no mistakes! | 我从来没犯过错误! |
[12:57] | I’ve done all of this– | 我什么都完成了– |
[12:58] | my life,my relationship,my career– | 我的生活,爱情,事业– |
[13:01] | mistake-free. | 零错误 |
[13:03] | Does any of this make sense to you? | 你觉得有道理吗? |
[13:06] | I don’t know.,You said “mistake” a lot. | 我不知道,你说了很多次”错误” |
[13:08] | Lily,don’t do this. | Lily,别这么做 |
[13:10] | Ted,I’m getting married in two months, | Ted,我两个月后就要结婚了 |
[13:12] | and I’m freaking out, | 我害怕 |
[13:13] | and you’re my best friend, | 而你是我最好的朋友 |
[13:14] | and you just have to forgive me for this. | 所以你必须原谅我这么做 |
[13:16] | Forgive you for what? | 原谅你什么? |
[13:17] | Lily Lily. | |
[13:19] | Lily! Lily! | |
[13:25] | Lily! Lily! | |
[13:25] | this is Ted | 是Ted |
[13:26] | the guy you left stranded by the side of the road. | 被你留在路边的人 |
[13:29] | I just wanted to say good luck with the interview, | 我只是想说祝你在面试中好运 |
[13:31] | remember to pick up some milk… | 记住带牛奶回来… |
[13:33] | and,when I get home, | 而我回去的时候 |
[13:34] | I’m going to kill you. | 要杀了你 |
[13:37] | And,also,I texted you the same thing. | 而且我也给了发了短信说了一样的话 |
[13:47] | I need a big favor. | 我需要你帮个大忙 |
[13:48] | Anything,bro. | 任何事都可以,兄弟 |
[13:49] | I need you to come up to Duchess county and pick me up. | 我要你来Duchess郡接我 |
[13:51] | No. | 不 |
[13:53] | It’s kind of an emergency. | 事情紧急 |
[13:55] | What are you doing in Duchess county? | 你在Duchess郡干吗? |
[13:57] | Apple picking. | 摘苹果 |
[13:58] | Can you just get up here? | 你能过来吗? |
[13:59] | I wish I could help,buddy, | 我希望我能帮你,兄弟 |
[14:00] | but I’m stuck here at work. | 但是我工作没办法脱身 |
[14:01] | We’re kind of swamped. | 我们好像被陷住了 |
[14:03] | Is that Ted? | 是Ted? |
[14:04] | He’s stuck in Duchess county. | 他被困在Duchess郡了 |
[14:06] | Don’t you have a big date tonight? | 你今晚不是有个重大的约会吗? |
[14:08] | Marshall. Hi. | Marshall.嗨 |
[14:09] | Yes. Yes,I do. | 是的,是的 |
[14:10] | So what are you doing in Duchess county? | 那你在Duchess郡干什么? |
[14:13] | Can’t a brother go apple picking without getting the third degree?Damn! | 难道你兄弟来摘个苹果非得被拷问吗?tmd! |
[14:17] | Okay,hang on. | 好吧,坚持 |
[14:18] | I’m coming to get you. | 我来接你 |
[14:19] | No! | 不! |
[14:20] | Relax,man.I’ll take the Fiero. | 放松,伙计,我开Fiero去 |
[14:21] | No,no,no. | 不 不 不 |
[14:22] | Just… | 只是… |
[14:23] | forget it. | 算了 |
[14:24] | A little prank. | 开个玩笑 |
[14:25] | I’m not in Duchess county. | 我不在Duchess郡 |
[14:27] | So that’s the prank? | 那么这是个玩笑? |
[14:28] | That you’re not in Duchess county? | 你不在Duchess郡? |
[14:30] | Yep. | 对 |
[14:31] | Gotcha! | 你上当了! |
[14:32] | Classic! | 太经典了! |
[14:34] | Gotta go. | 我要挂了 |
[14:38] | check out this one. | 瞧这个 |
[14:39] | It actually looks like Butterfield. | 看起来确实像Butterfield |
[14:42] | You know,over at the NRDC, | 你知道,远在国家科学研发公司 |
[14:44] | it’s a bunch of really committed people | 有一群真正忠诚的人们 |
[14:45] | who take their job of saving the earth very,very seriously. | 他们的工作是非常严肃的拯救地球 |
[14:49] | Which is great, | 那很棒 |
[14:49] | and everything, | 一切都是 |
[14:50] | but I can’t imagine having this much fun over there. | 但我想在那可没有这么开心 |
[14:54] | You thinking about coming to work here full-time? | 你想来这做全职? |
[14:57] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[14:59] | Don’t tell Lily,okay? | 别告诉Lily,好吗? |
[15:00] | Taking off for the night. | 我要下班了 |
[15:02] | Thanks,Tracy. | 谢谢,Tracy |
[15:03] | Are you guys planning on punching some holes in that box? | 你们要在盒子上打洞吗? |
[15:08] | Of course we are. | 我们当然会 |
[15:11] | Were you going to think of that? | 你会这么想? |
[15:12] | No. | 不 |
[15:12] | That would have been bad. | 已经很坏了 |
[15:13] | Horrible. | 糟透了 |
[15:15] | Luckily,there was still one person I could call to get a ride home. | 幸运的是,我还可以打给一个人,让她载我回家 |
[15:19] | Need a ride,cowboy? | 要搭车吗,牛仔? |
[15:20] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:21] | I don’t get in vans with strangers. | 我不进陌生人的车 |
[15:23] | too bad. | 太遭了 |
[15:23] | I got candy. | 我有糖 |
[15:25] | Candy?! | 糖?! |
[15:28] | So you’re not going to tell me what you were doing | 你不想告诉我你在Duchess郡 |
[15:30] | by the side of a highway in Duchess county? | 的路边做什么? |
[15:32] | Nope. | 对 |
[15:33] | Sworn to secrecy. | 发誓要保密的 |
[15:34] | come on. | 拜托 |
[15:35] | I like your hat. | 我喜欢你的帽子 |
[15:37] | Right. | 对 |
[15:38] | This is embarrassing. | 这让人难堪 |
[15:39] | I got Highlights. | 我把头发“加亮”了 |
[15:41] | for the waiting room of your dental practice? | 在你的牙齿训练等候室? |
[15:45] | Highlights is a children’s magazine. | “加亮”是本儿童杂志 |
[15:46] | I got it. | 我听懂了 |
[15:48] | I thought it might look cool. | 我以为看起来会很酷 |
[15:49] | Of course my colorist took “Highlights” to mean, | 而帮我染发的人把“加亮”理解为 |
[15:52] | “I want to look like a tiger,” | “我想看起来像只老虎” |
[15:54] | hence the hat. | 所以我戴了帽子 |
[15:56] | I gotta see this. | 我一定要看看 |
[15:57] | No way. | 不行 |
[15:57] | Please. | 求你 |
[15:58] | I bet it doesn’t look that bad. | 我打赌看起来没那么遭 |
[16:00] | I bet it looks grr-eat! | 我打赌看起来棒极了! |
[16:03] | So, | 所以 |
[16:04] | she says,changing the subject. | 她说,改变话题 |
[16:07] | Big date tonight. | 今晚有重大约会啊 |
[16:08] | How does she rate on the Mosby checklist? | 她在Mosby的测试单上成绩如何? |
[16:10] | Kind of amazingly. | 有点太棒了 |
[16:12] | she’s 28,like me. | 她和我一样28岁 |
[16:15] | I’m 28. | 哇,我28岁了 |
[16:16] | college educated– check. | 大学毕业– 通过 |
[16:18] | Plays tennis– check. | 打网球– 通过 |
[16:20] | favorite book is love in the time of cholera– check. | 最喜欢的书是“霍乱时期的爱情”– 通过 |
[16:22] | I read that. | 我读过 |
[16:24] | More like “love in the time of don’t bothera.” | 更像 “无打扰时期的爱情” |
[16:28] | you know,it’s very rude to wear a hat indoors. | 你知道,我得说,在室内戴帽子 |
[16:29] | I’m just saying. | 是很不礼貌的 |
[16:30] | We’re not indoors. | 我们不在室内 |
[16:31] | We’re in a van. | 我们在货车里 |
[16:32] | Vans have doors– | 货车有门– |
[16:33] | let me see your hair. | 让我看看你的头发 |
[16:34] | Never. | 不给 |
[16:35] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[16:36] | She loves lasagna. | 她喜欢千层面 |
[16:37] | Barf. | 呕吐 |
[16:38] | You know, | 你知道 |
[16:38] | I am sensing a pattern here. | 我感觉到了一个图案 |
[16:41] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[16:42] | let’s see what else… | 让我想想还有什么… |
[16:43] | she doesn’t look like a tiger– check. | 她不喜欢看起来像老虎– 通过 |
[16:47] | And she’s looking to get married and have kids? | 她想结婚生孩子吗? |
[16:49] | Check and check. | 通过 通过 |
[16:50] | She wants two kids– | 她想要两个孩子– |
[16:51] | a boy and a girl. | 一个男孩,一个女孩 |
[16:54] | You know,I’ve been thinking about this. | 你知道,我一直在想这个 |
[16:56] | I think I want to have zero kids. | 我觉得我不想要孩子 |
[16:58] | Really? You don’t want kids? | 真的吗? 你不想要孩子? |
[17:00] | You know,Ted, | 你知道,Ted, |
[17:01] | not everyone is as much of a woman as you. | 不是所有人都像你这么女人的 |
[17:06] | I’m driving. | 我在开车 |
[17:11] | look at that. | 瞧 |
[17:12] | 8:56. 8:56. | |
[17:13] | You’re early. | 我们来早了 |
[17:15] | Hey,thanks for picking me up. | 嘿,谢谢你接我 |
[17:16] | Good luck on your date. | 祝你约会好运 |
[17:17] | I hope she’s everything you’re looking for. | 我希望她就是你要找的 |
[17:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:26] | all right,you’ve clearly had a rough night. | 好吧,这一晚你显然过得不好 |
[17:29] | I want you to go in there with a smile on your face,so, | 我希望你进去的时候面带微笑,所以 |
[17:32] | here’s what I’m gonna do. | 我要这么做 |
[17:33] | You’re gonna show me your hair? | 你要给我看你的头发? |
[17:34] | Actually,I was gonna show you my breasts,but… | 事实上,我本来想让你看我的胸部… |
[17:36] | sure,we can do hair. | 当然,也可以看头发 |
[17:48] | you just made my night. | 你让我的夜晚很愉快 |
[17:51] | Go. | 去吧 |
[18:50] | Tomorrow morning, | 明天早上 |
[18:51] | Barney’s gonna send out the package, | Barney会送包裹 |
[18:53] | and Butterfield’s gonna be knee-deep in angry white mice. | Butterfield会被老鼠气死 |
[18:57] | dude. | 伙计 |
[18:58] | Hey,guys. | 嘿,伙计们 |
[19:00] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:02] | So,Lil,did you, | Lil,你 |
[19:05] | get the milk? | 买牛奶了吗? |
[19:09] | I-I got it. | 我 我买了 |
[19:11] | You think you might wanna… | 你觉得你想… |
[19:13] | drink the milk? | 喝牛奶吗? |
[19:15] | No. | 不 |
[19:17] | Nope,I’m good. | 不,我很好 |
[19:19] | I don’t need any milk. | 我不需要牛奶 |
[19:23] | Look,guys, | 瞧 |
[19:24] | I know milk is important– | 我知道牛奶很重要– |
[19:26] | it’s got vitamin A, | 富含维他命A |
[19:27] | vitamin D, | 维他命D |
[19:29] | it’s a great way to start the morning– | 喝牛奶是一天的好开始– |
[19:30] | but Ted just had a huge date. | 但Ted刚结束了一个重大约会 |
[19:32] | How’d it go,dude? | 情况如何,伙计? |
[19:34] | I didn’t go. | 我没去 |
[19:35] | What? | 什么? |
[19:36] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:37] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[19:38] | I don’t want to meet her. | 我不想见她 |
[19:39] | Why? She sounds perfect. | 为什么?她听起来完美极了 |
[19:41] | I don’t want perfect. | 我不想要完美 |
[19:44] | I want Robin. | 我想要Robin |
[19:46] | god,not this again. | 天,又是这个 |
[19:48] | Ted,it’s a mistake. | Ted,这是个错误 |
[19:50] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[19:51] | But it’s a mistake I have to make. | 但这是我必须犯的错误 |
[19:54] | Wrong. | 错 |
[19:55] | It’s a mistake you don’t have to make. | 这是你不必犯的错误 |
[19:56] | Look at the evidence. | 我有证据 |
[19:57] | You and Robin have tried this again and again… | 你和Robin试了一次又一次… |
[20:00] | Here’s the thing about mistakes. | 错误就是这么一回事 |
[20:01] | Sometimes,even when you know something’s a mistake, | 有时,即使你知道是个错误 |
[20:04] | you gotta make it anyway. | 你还是要犯 |
[20:07] | sweet damn that’s a hot plate. | 见鬼,好烫的盘子 |
[20:09] | Hey,is this milk any good? | 嘿,牛奶坏了吗? |
[20:16] | Even really,really dumb mistakes | 即使是非常非常蠢的错误 |
[20:23] | How.I.Met.Your.Mother Season 01 Episode 21 |