时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Kids, you know the photo in that den? | 你们还记得那张照片吗? |
[00:01] | It was taken back in 2006, when Grandma and Grandpa | 那还是2006年的事儿 爷爷奶奶来看我们 |
[00:06] | came to visit me and we all went out to brunch. | 然后一同共进早午餐 |
[00:08] | We all look pretty happy, right? | 我们看起来都很高兴 是么? |
[00:09] | (camera shutter clicking) Wrong. | 其实不然 |
[00:10] | I wish your face would melt off. | 真希望你的脸化掉 |
[00:12] | I wish your eyeballs would explode. | 我希望你眼球爆裂 |
[00:13] | I hate you. I hate you more. | -我恨你 -我更恨你 |
[00:16] | I’m going to kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[00:17] | I can’t say I blame you. | 我不会责怪你的 |
[00:18] | No, I mean I’m seriously going to kill him. | 不 说真的 我要杀了他 |
[00:20] | I don’t care how unpleasant it is. | 我才不管这会有多不愉快 |
[00:22] | You have to talk to him. Not now. | -你必须和他谈谈 -现在不行 |
[00:23] | Okay, if you don’t, I will. | 好 你不说我说 |
[00:25] | Robin… | 罗宾… |
[00:26] | Okay, for any of this to make sense, | 好的 有关于这些 |
[00:28] | you got to understand, there are three parts to this story. | 要想明白原委 还得听听如下三章节 |
[00:31] | Let’s start with the Marshall and Lily part. | 就从马修和莉莉说起 |
[00:35] | As a 30th anniversary gift, I had flown | 作为结婚30周年纪念 我邀请父母坐飞机 |
[00:37] | my parents to New York for the weekend. | 来纽约度周末 |
[00:39] | Oh, I forgot to tell you, your cousin Jimmy | 忘了告诉你 你侄子吉米 |
[00:42] | had a wonderful time at that spa he visited. | 在温泉浴场很享受 |
[00:44] | You mean the spa the judge ordered him | 你是说法官为了让他戒掉可卡因 |
[00:46] | to go to to quit cocaine? | 而指定的地点? |
[00:47] | Coffee? | 咖啡? |
[00:48] | Now, Grandma and Grandpa didn’t like to talk | 此时 爷爷奶奶都不愿提及 |
[00:51] | about things that were uncomfortable, emotional, | 涉及感情的 不爽的事 |
[00:53] | or in any way… real. | 但某种程度而言… 却是真实的事 |
[00:56] | Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Mosby. | 莫斯比先生和太太 你们好! |
[00:57] | Oh, Lily! Hi, Marshall. | 莉莉! 你好 马修 |
[00:59] | Good to see you. | 很高兴能见到你 |
[01:00] | I was just stopping by | 我只是过来 |
[01:02] | to pick up some of my things. | 取回自己的东西 |
[01:03] | Yes, we were so sorry to hear about your… | 是的 很遗憾听说… |
[01:07] | you know, the, the… | 你知道 那个… |
[01:11] | Well… | 嗯… |
[01:12] | Lily calling off the wedding and dumping me? | 是说莉莉取消婚礼 然后甩了我的事? |
[01:14] | Me begging Marshall to take me back and him rejecting me? | 我求马修要我 又被拒绝的事? |
[01:17] | I love your hair. | 我喜欢你的发型 |
[01:33] | ** Marshall and Lily | 这是马修和莉莉分手后 |
[01:35] | had seen each other since breaking up, | 第二次见面 |
[01:37] | but to their credit, it wasn’t that awkward. | 但对他们而言 这不那么尴尬 |
[01:40] | Actually, we’re cool. | 其实我们俩都想得开 |
[01:41] | We just divided up CDs. | 我们正在分CD |
[01:43] | It was all very civil. | 凡事都很文明 |
[01:44] | I’m proud of us; we’re, we’re good. | 我为彼此自豪 我们…我们很好 |
[01:45] | MRS. MOSBY: Well, we were all going to go to Casa a Pezzi at 8:00. | 我们8点去 卡萨阿佩茨 (一家餐馆的名称) |
[01:49] | Lily, would you like to join us? | 莉莉想不想一起来? |
[01:50] | Um… | 嗯… |
[01:53] | What? | 怎么? |
[01:54] | Well, I-I don’t want to go | 我不想去… |
[01:56] | if it would make you uncomfortable. | 如果你介意的话 |
[01:59] | Why would it? | 为什么我会介意? |
[02:00] | Well, I mean, yeah, we’re… we’re good, | 我是说 我们…我们很好 |
[02:03] | but you got to admit there’s that stuff between us. | 但你得承认我们有间隙 |
[02:07] | Um, not for me. | 对我来说没有 |
[02:09] | Now it’s just like we’re friends. | 现在我们俩就像是朋友 |
[02:11] | It’s like we’re brother and sister. | 像兄妹 |
[02:16] | “Brother and sister”?! | 兄妹?! |
[02:19] | Okay.Fine, yeah, | 好的 没错 |
[02:20] | I’ll see you at the restaurant, bro. | 我会去的 哥 |
[02:25] | See? Not awkward at all. | 瞧? 一点也不尴尬 |
[02:28] | Hello, everyone. Hi. | 好啊 各位 |
[02:30] | Hello, Marshall. | 你好 马修 |
[02:31] | MRS. MOSBY: Lily, that is a stunning dress. | 莉莉这裙子真大胆 |
[02:33] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:36] | It’s kind of revealing, | 是有点露 |
[02:37] | but I thought, “Hey, we’re all family.” | 不过我想 我们是一家人 |
[02:39] | (chuckling): Right, bro? | 对吧 哥? |
[02:41] | Ooh. Ow. | 噢 |
[02:43] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[02:44] | Oh, I, I hurt my ankle in yoga today. | 今天练瑜伽时伤了脚踝 |
[02:46] | The instructor told me to just take deep breaths | 教练让我深呼吸 |
[02:49] | to get through the pain, just… | 减轻痛楚 像这样… |
[02:58] | Are you all right? | 你没事儿吧? |
[03:00] | You’re kind of sweating. | 你有点出汗 |
[03:02] | No, I’m fine. | 不 我很好 |
[03:03] | It’s just… this roll is really spicy. | 只是…这面包卷太辣 |
[03:07] | Lily is evil! | 莉莉是魔鬼! |
[03:09] | She just wore that dress to torture me. | 她穿那样就为了折磨我 |
[03:11] | Well, you know what? Two can play at that game. | 知道么? 这游戏可以转换攻防 |
[03:13] | See, at brunch, I’m going to torture Lily right back. | 吃早午餐时 我要以眼还眼 |
[03:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:17] | There’s a part of my body that she’s got a weakness for, too. | 我身体上也有个部位是她的弱点 |
[03:19] | Dude, you can’t whip that out at brunch. | 伙计 吃饭时可不能把 那家伙拿出来 |
[03:23] | No, not that. | 不 不是那个 |
[03:25] | I’m going to unleash my calves. | 我要露出小腿 |
[03:29] | That’s crazy. | 疯了阿 |
[03:31] | Nobody’s turned on by men’s calves. | 没人会因男人的小腿兴奋 |
[03:33] | They’re a thoroughly unerotic body part. | 一点也不性感 |
[03:36] | Well, yeah, I’d say that, too, | 没错 我也会这么说 |
[03:37] | if I had those skinny little chicken legs. | 如果长着小鸡一样细的腿 |
[03:41] | I’ll be waiting by the phone for your apology. | 我会在电话旁等着你来道歉的 |
[03:45] | So Marshall showed up at brunch with a plan. | 因此马修在早午餐时 有计划的秀了一把 |
[03:48] | Hello. Oh, hi. | 早安 早 早 |
[03:49] | Hey, Marshall. Hey. | 马修 |
[03:51] | Hey. How are you feeling? | 感觉如何? |
[03:52] | You looked kind of feverish last night. | 昨晚看起来有点发烧 |
[03:54] | Oh, no, I actually feel great. | 不 我挺好 |
[03:58] | It is kind of warm in here, though, isn’t it? | 这里有些热 是吧? |
[04:00] | Oh, I don’t know, if anything, it’s kind of… | 我不知道 如果什么 有点… |
[04:03] | What are you doing? | 你干吗呢? |
[04:04] | Oh, nothing. Nothing at all. | 没事 什么也没有 |
[04:06] | I’m just making myself feel a little bit more… comfortable. | 我只是让自己能…舒服点 |
[04:14] | Oh. | 噢 |
[04:16] | Oh, yes. | 就这儿 |
[04:19] | I’ve been doing all these toe lifts lately, and so… | 最近做脚尖垫起运动 所以… |
[04:22] | my calves have really been cramping up. | 小腿有些痉挛 |
[04:35] | Take off your shirt. | 脱掉衬衣 |
[04:36] | Take off the rest of your pants. | 脱掉其余的裤子 |
[04:37] | …… Oh. Oh. | |
[04:39] | I really wasn’t expecting that to happen. | 我真没期盼这事儿能发生 |
[04:41] | Yeah, me neither. | 没错 我也是 |
[04:42] | It kind of complicates things, doesn’t it? Yeah, it does. | -有点复杂? -没错 |
[04:44] | Why did you have to throw your magnificent calves at me? | 你干吗用诱人的小腿诱惑我? |
[04:47] | You know you have a punter’s leg. | 你知道自己长着船夫一样的腿 |
[04:49] | Well, why did you have to throw your beautiful boobs at me? | 你干吗用美乳诱惑我? |
[04:52] | You know you have… boobs. | 你知道自己长着…乳房 |
[04:55] | Just admit it, you came here trying to seduce me. | 承认吧 你来就为了色诱我 |
[04:58] | Seduce you? You seduced me. | 色诱 你?你先色诱我的 |
[05:00] | You sat down next to me and took most of your pants off. | 你坐我旁边脱下两条裤腿 |
[05:03] | You went to San Francisco for three months. | 你去了旧金山三个月 |
[05:05] | How is that seducing you? | 这又怎么色诱你了? |
[05:06] | Well, it’s not but I’m still mad about it. | 这倒没有 但我有点记仇 |
[05:08] | All right, that’s it– I want TheBeatles Anthology. | 好吧 我要披头士的选集 |
[05:11] | Oh, well, that’s too bad; I’m keeping it. | 那可真是遗憾 东西在我手上 |
[05:12] | And you know the U2 box set I gave you? | 你还记得我给你的U2的盒子么? |
[05:14] | Look inside– all Dave Matthews. | 看看里面 都是大卫·马修 |
[05:16] | You are evil. | 你是恶魔 |
[05:17] | Smile. | 笑一个 |
[05:21] | I’m going to kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[05:22] | I can’t say I blame you. | 我不会责怪你的 |
[05:24] | No, I mean I’m seriously going to kill him. | 不 说真的 我要杀了他 |
[05:26] | Now let’s talk about the Barney part of the story. | 现在来讲讲巴尼这部分 |
[05:32] | This was going to be Robin’s first time meeting my parents, | 这是罗宾第一次见我父母 |
[05:35] | so we were both a little nervous. (knocking) | 所以我们俩都有点紧张 |
[05:38] | (scoffs) Barney, what are you doing here? | 巴尼 你干吗来了? |
[05:40] | Uh… I’m here to meet your parents. | 唔…我来见你父母 |
[05:42] | They must be dying to meet me after all | 他们一定很想见我 |
[05:44] | the legendary Barney stories you’ve told them. | 你肯定说了很多有关传奇巴尼的故事 |
[05:45] | I haven’t told them any legendary Barney stories. | 我没说过什么传奇巴尼的故事 |
[05:47] | What? | 什么? |
[05:48] | Barney, here is a list of all the things | 巴尼 事有先后 |
[05:50] | I talk with my dad about: | 我和父亲说了有关 |
[05:52] | baseball. | 棒球 |
[05:56] | But I’m your best friend. | 但我是你最好的朋友 |
[05:57] | Well, actually Marshall’s my… | 事实上马修才是我… |
[05:58] | I’m the most important person in your life. | 我是你人生最重要的人 |
[06:00] | Well, Robin’s actually… | 罗宾其实才… |
[06:01] | How could your parents not know about me? | 你父母怎能对我一无所知? |
[06:03] | I’m delightful. | 我很高兴 |
[06:04] | To us, sure, in very small, infrequent doses. | 对我们而言 当然 不算是欢欣雀跃 |
[06:08] | I mean, come on, you’re not exactly | 我是说 听着 其实你是那种 |
[06:10] | the kind of friend parents want their kid to have. | 父母都不希望自己的孩子 与之交往的人 |
[06:12] | Oh, really? | 是么? |
[06:14] | Then I guess those shoes aren’t the thing | 那我想你今天不止是穿错了鞋 |
[06:16] | you’re most wrong about today. | 你今天可是大错特错 |
[06:22] | Hey, Mom. | 嘿 妈 |
[06:23] | Hey, Dad. MR. MOSBY: Ted. | – 嘿 妈 – 泰德 |
[06:24] | I know you’ve all been excited to meet… | 我想你应该很期待见到… |
[06:25] | Barney Stinson. | 巴尼·斯德森. |
[06:27] | An honor to meet the two of you. | 很荣幸见到二位 |
[06:29] | That needlepoint “Bless This Mess” pillow you made for Ted– | 您为泰德绣的写有 “保佑这厮”的枕头 |
[06:32] | what a stitch. | 绣得多好啊 |
[06:33] | Stitch! Did that just happen? | 贱人! 我刚才是不是说了贱人! (stitch=stupid +B.I.T.C.H 笨蛋+贱人) |
[06:36] | Uh, Mom, Dad, | 妈 爸 |
[06:38] | this is my girlfriend, Robin. | 这是我女友 罗宾 |
[06:39] | Hello. ROBIN: Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[06:40] | MRS. MOSBY: Oh, it’s wonderful | 真高兴 |
[06:41] | to meet you, Robin. | 能见到你 罗宾 |
[06:42] | Oh, you are so pretty. | 你长得真漂亮 |
[06:44] | Isn’t she pretty, Al? | 对不对? |
[06:45] | A real looker. | 很耐看 |
[06:47] | That’s funny, I didn’t even “look” in the mirror today. | 真好笑 我今天还没从镜子里 “看”过自己呢 |
[06:52] | That’s not anything, is it? | 没什么 对吧? |
[06:55] | So, I made a reservation at San Marino tonight for 8:00. | 我在圣马里奥定了位置 今晚八点 |
[06:59] | (laughing): San Marino. | 圣马里奥 |
[07:01] | Oh, you’re serious? Yikes. | 你认真的? |
[07:03] | No. We have to try Casa A Pezzi. | 不 我们该去卡萨阿佩茨 |
[07:05] | Best salmon risotto I have ever had. | 那有我吃过最好吃的 鲑鱼调味饭 |
[07:08] | I love salmon risotto. | 我喜欢鲑鱼调味饭 |
[07:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:12] | How are we supposed to get a table at Casa A Pezzi? | 怎么可能在卡萨阿佩茨 定到位置? |
[07:14] | They’re booked for weeks. | 他们几周前就满了 |
[07:16] | Well, lucky for you, | 不过你们很幸运 |
[07:17] | I happen to know the head waitress, | 我凑巧认识那的女领班 |
[07:19] | which is ironic because.. | 这也挺讽刺因为… |
[07:20] | shut it up | 闭嘴! |
[07:22] | Ironic because we both work at a homeless shelter | 挺讽刺因为我们都曾 无家可归人士收留所做义工 |
[07:25] | where I serve the food. | 在那里我做饭 |
[07:27] | Where do you volunteer, Robin? | 你在哪儿做过义工 罗宾? |
[07:30] | What’s the matter with you? | 你到底是怎么回事? |
[07:32] | I’m his girlfriend, and I’m not even trying that hard. | 我是她的女友 还没那么费心 |
[07:34] | Way to wreck the curve, kiss-ass. | 坏我好事儿 马屁精 |
[07:37] | Robin, I’m his best friend. | 罗宾 我是他最好的朋友 |
[07:38] | That’s a commitment. | 这是一种承诺 |
[07:40] | Girlfriend, that’s like a bad flu. | 女友就像重感冒 |
[07:42] | Out of your system after a couple weeks in bed. | 在床上躺个几天才能从中恢复 |
[07:45] | (chuckling): High five. | 来个击掌! |
[07:46] | Can I help? | 我能帮上忙么? |
[07:47] | Yes, you can, Virginia. | 当然 维吉妮亚 |
[07:49] | There’s a story behind that broach, | 这洞定然有个故事 |
[07:51] | and I’m going to hear it. | 我想听听看 |
[07:53] | Well, funny you should ask. | 你竟然会问到 |
[07:59] | MR. MOSBY: Whoa! Bravo, Barney. | 太棒了 巴尼 |
[08:03] | That is my all-time favorite sonata. | 这是我一直以来最喜欢的奏鸣曲 |
[08:05] | Barney, you are just delightful. | 巴尼 你太让人开心了 |
[08:07] | No, Virginia, you’re delightful, I am deligh-ted. | 不 维吉妮亚 是你让人开心 我因你而开心 |
[08:10] | And he’s just Ted. | 而泰德就是泰德 |
[08:11] | I’m really not planning these things; | 我并非刻意为之 |
[08:13] | they just keep happening. | 然而事情就是这样 |
[08:15] | (laughter) Whoops. | 哎呀 |
[08:16] | I think I dropped an ice cube down here. | 有个冰块掉下去了 |
[08:18] | Ow, it’s so cold. | 好凉 |
[08:20] | All right, that’s it, I’m out of here. | 够了 就这样 我呆不下去了 |
[08:24] | In a minute. | 还是再等一下 |
[08:26] | Anyone up for a drink at MacLaren’s? | 有人想去麦克莱尔酒吧喝一杯么? (泰德 巴尼他们常去的酒吧) |
[08:28] | No, I’m kind of tired. Me, too. | -我有点累了 -我也是 |
[08:30] | Yeah, I’m sure my folks are gonna want… | 没错 我想大家… |
[08:31] | I feel like I could knock back a few cervezas. | 我想来几瓶啤酒 |
[08:34] | Cervezas? Cervezas? | (Cervezas是西文啤酒的意思) |
[08:36] | Did he fall? | 他醉了么? |
[08:38] | I’d join you, too, | 我也想去 |
[08:39] | but I want to get up early for Mass tomorrow. | 但我明天想去做弥撒 |
[08:42] | St. Peter’s, 8:45 a.m., it’s my favorite service. | 圣彼得教堂 早晨8:45开始 我的最爱 |
[08:45] | Wait a minute– you’re able to cross the threshold of a church? | 等下…就凭你也敢迈进教堂大门? |
[08:49] | I’ll save you a seat. | 我会帮你留座的 |
[08:51] | Oh, you are just terrific. | 你真是太贴心了 |
[08:53] | Isn’t he, Susan? | 是不是 苏珊? |
[08:56] | Robin. | 罗宾! |
[08:57] | Susan, her name is Virginia. | 苏珊 她的名字是维吉妮亚 |
[09:02] | Dude, I am sincerely ticked at your dad right now. | 兄弟 我真想给你老爹来一脚 |
[09:05] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:07] | Last night, we go to MacLaren’s for a drink, right? | 昨晚我们去麦克莱尔酒吧喝酒 |
[09:09] | So Barney darts back into the burning house, | 巴尼冲进火场 |
[09:12] | lifts up the refrigerator I’m pinned under | 举起压着我的冰箱 |
[09:14] | and pulls me to safety. | 把我拉到安全的地方 |
[09:17] | Whoa. You’re like a hero. | 哇噢 你真是个英雄 |
[09:18] | Oh, I’m no hero, Wendy. | 我可不是英雄哦 温迪 |
[09:20] | You know who is a hero? | 你知道谁该是英雄? |
[09:22] | My Dalmatian, Smokey. | 我的达尔马提亚犬 灰灰 |
[09:25] | He… didn’t… make it out. | 它…没能…逃命 |
[09:30] | (sobbing): I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:35] | You poor, brave man. | 可怜的勇士 |
[09:36] | Why don’t you give the guy a hug? | 不给他个拥抱安慰一下么? |
[09:39] | I’m… oh. | 我…好吧 |
[09:45] | My dad was your wingman? | 我爸是你的托儿? |
[09:48] | This is really messing with my head. | 现在我大脑里一片糟 |
[09:49] | Barney, is my dad cool? | 巴尼 我爸酷不酷? |
[09:52] | I’m not done. | 我还没说完 |
[09:54] | So, your dad stays to finish his drink, but I take off | 你父亲留下来继续喝 我先回了 |
[09:57] | because I have to be up early for Mass with your mom. | 因为要早起和你妈去做弥撒 |
[09:59] | Sure. | 唔 |
[10:01] | Anyway, I realize that I left my phone on the bar, | 不知怎的 我想起手机落在酒吧 |
[10:03] | so I come back… | 所以就回去… |
[10:09] | (whispers): Oh, my God… | 天哪… |
[10:10] | Mmm… | 唔… |
[10:15] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[10:17] | Is that really… | 这个真是… |
[10:20] | Oh, my God! | 天哪! |
[10:21] | I know. | 就说呢 |
[10:22] | ** | 你爸怎么可以横刀夺爱 |
[10:30] | My dad made out with Wendy the waitress? | 我爸和女招待温迪? |
[10:32] | He cheated on my mom? | 背着我妈? |
[10:33] | No, that’s impossible. | 不 这不可能 |
[10:35] | Ted, it’s a well-known statistic that 83% of people | 泰德 统计数据表明83%的人 |
[10:38] | married longer than six months are seeing someone on the side. | 婚后6个月就开始有外遇了 |
[10:41] | Do you know that when you make up | 你知道自己每次提到 |
[10:42] | a statistic, you always use “83%”? | 统计数据的时候都用”83%”么? |
[10:43] | You think I’m lying. | 你当我说谎呢? |
[10:45] | Well, have you done any surveys on the subject? | 那你自己做过调查么? |
[10:48] | Because the good people at | 因为 |
[10:49] | www.swingers.open-marriage-is natural\legalize-polygamy.org www.swingers.open-marriage-is natural\legalize-polygamy.org | www.单身好.开放式婚姻合理化.一夫多妻合法化.com |
[10:54] | have, and they beg to differ. | 的网友做过调查 他们各有特色 |
[10:56] | That’s not a real Web site. | 那个网址就不存在 |
[10:57] | Oh, and I suppose I didn’t get a real T-shirt | 我是他们的第100000个注册用户 |
[10:59] | for running in their 10K. | 可他们发的奖品是一件T恤 |
[11:05] | Hi, Dad. Hey, Ted. | 好 爸 你好 泰德 |
[11:06] | Barney. | 巴尼 |
[11:08] | TED: Enjoying your vacation so far? | 这次旅行很不错吧? |
[11:09] | Oh, yeah. | 那是 |
[11:10] | Uh, listen, can I speak to you outside for a sec? | 能和你到外面谈谈么? |
[11:12] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:17] | So you went out with Barney last night? | 你昨晚和巴尼出去了? |
[11:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:21] | You have a good time? | 玩得很高兴? |
[11:22] | Oh, yeah, yeah. Sorry you couldn’t join us. | 当然 真遗憾你没来 |
[11:26] | Yeah. | 唔 |
[11:29] | So… | 那么… |
[11:31] | What? | 什么? |
[11:32] | Well… | 唔… |
[11:35] | Well what? | 唔什么? |
[11:39] | (RBI=Run Batted In Baseball) You think Cerrano’s got a shot at the RBI title? | 你觉得赛拉诺上了RBI棒球游戏吗? |
[11:43] | I wanted to confront him, but I couldn’t. | 我想当面问 但没能成 |
[11:45] | I guess I got the let’s-not-talk-about- | 我想自己身上有 |
[11:47] | anything- uncomfortable gene. | 别谈令人不爽的事的基因 |
[11:48] | Well, you didn’t get your dad’s close-the-deal gene, | 你没继承到老爸的 王牌救援投手基因 |
[11:50] | that’s for sure. | 这是肯定的 |
[11:51] | Smile. | 笑 |
[11:52] | Great. | 好的 |
[11:54] | I don’t care how unpleasant it is. | 不管这事情有多糟 |
[11:56] | You have to talk to him. | 你都必须告诉他 |
[11:57] | Not now. | 现在不行 |
[11:58] | Okay, if you don’t, I will. | 好 你不说我说 |
[12:00] | Robin…! | 罗宾…! |
[12:03] | TED: Okay, now I got to back up | 那么 现在回溯 |
[12:04] | all the way to the beginning | 到最初 |
[12:05] | to tell you the me and Robin part of the story. | 讲讲我和罗宾的那段 |
[12:09] | We were expecting my parents at any minute. | 我们随时准备迎接我的父母 |
[12:12] | One last thing about my mom. | 关于我妈还有件事 |
[12:13] | She grills every single one of | 她盘问我的每个 |
[12:15] | my girlfriends about when we’re gonna get married and have kids. | 女友准备何时结婚生子 |
[12:17] | But this is the first time she’s meeting me. | 但这是她第一次见我 |
[12:19] | Doesn’t matter. | 那无所谓 |
[12:20] | And you’ll know it’s coming | 她提起我堂妹史黛西 |
[12:21] | when she mentions my cousin Stacy– six kids in five years. | 五年内生了六个孩子的时候 就表明她要开始和你讲了 |
[12:24] | The woman’s basically a ride at a water park. | 那女人现在体形像个水上筏子 |
[12:28] | But I don’t want to get married and have kids. | 但我不想结婚生子 |
[12:31] | What am I supposed to say? | 我该说什么? |
[12:32] | You know what? | 知道么? |
[12:34] | You’re an adult with perfectly valid opinions. | 你是个有自主观念的大人了 |
[12:36] | You shouldn’t have to apologize for them. | 所以没必要为此道歉 |
[12:38] | I’m gonna lie. I would. | -我还是说谎吧 -我看也是 |
[12:41] | Thanks again for letting me have the U2 box set. | 谢谢你给我U2的盒子 |
[12:44] | I know how important it is to you. | 我知道这对你来说有多重要 |
[12:47] | I talked to Aunt Caroline the other day. | 我听卡罗琳姨妈说 |
[12:48] | Stacy’s pregnant again. | 史黛西又怀孕了 |
[12:50] | Oh, good for her. | 恭喜她咯 |
[12:53] | So, dear… | 所以 亲爱的… |
[12:55] | Oh, boy. Tell us what it’s like being a journalist. | 跟我说说当记者感觉如何? |
[12:57] | I’m just not ready. | 我还没做好准备 |
[12:58] | Okay. No pressure. | 好 不是给你压力 |
[13:01] | Oh. | 噢 |
[13:02] | Uh, I thought you, um… | 我想你… |
[13:05] | It’s great. | 很好 |
[13:06] | Good. | 非常好 |
[13:07] | Focus on your job now, | 集中在你的工作上 |
[13:08] | because your career clock is ticking. | 因为一个人的事业比较重要 |
[13:10] | There’s time for marriage and kids | 结婚生子之类的事 |
[13:12] | and all that other stuff later. | 放到以后慢慢来 |
[13:16] | Ooh, a piano! | 钢琴! |
[13:19] | TED: You lucked out with my mom last night, huh? | 昨晚和我妈处的还不错哈? |
[13:22] | What a relief, right? | 大为放松 是吧? |
[13:23] | Oh, absolutely. Whew, what a relief it is | 绝对是 想像下你妈不要我 |
[13:25] | to know I’m the one girlfriend | 这个女朋友 |
[13:26] | your mom doesn’t want you to have kids with. | 给你生孩子该有多放松 |
[13:29] | Hooray? | 呼啦? |
[13:31] | I mean, did she really think that your college girlfriend Chery | 我是说 她真认为你大学时的女友绮丽儿 |
[13:34] | would pop out attractive children? | 可以生出漂亮的孩子么? |
[13:35] | ‘Cause I’ve seen pictures, and, I’m sorry, | 我看了照片 深表同情 |
[13:37] | that girl had a brow ridge like a caveman. | 那女孩的眉骨长得像史前人类 |
[13:40] | Come on, she was just frowning under direct light. | 她正对着灯光皱眉哎 |
[13:43] | And besides, that’s not even what I liked about her. | 再说 我又不是喜欢她那一点 |
[13:45] | It was her… It’s not important. | 那是她…这不重要 |
[13:49] | What happened to Marshall and Lily? | 马修和莉莉怎么了? |
[13:51] | They’ve been fighting lately. | 他们刚干过一架 |
[13:52] | They’re probably off somewhere going at it. | 说不定这是到哪儿继续去了 |
[13:54] | More coffee? | 再来点咖啡? |
[13:56] | Oh, no, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[13:59] | Isn’t she sweet? | 她看起来可爱吧? |
[14:01] | Well, if she’s so sweet, maybe she should have Ted’s babies. | 要是她可爱 也许她该给泰德生孩子 |
[14:05] | Excuse me? | 再说一遍? |
[14:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[14:14] | LILY: Just a minute. | 再一分钟就好 |
[14:15] | MARSHALL: Maybe less. | 可能更快哦 |
[14:17] | Robin, dear. | 亲爱的 罗宾 |
[14:18] | Did I say something to upset you? | 我说了什么引你不快么? |
[14:20] | Why don’t you want me to have your grandkids? | 你干吗不希望我给你生个孙子? |
[14:23] | Do you want to have my grandkids? | 你想给我生孙子? |
[14:25] | No! | 不! |
[14:26] | I mean, I don’t know. | 我是说 我不知道 |
[14:28] | I just… | 我只是… |
[14:29] | I want you to want me to want to have your grandkids. | 我希望知道 你希望我给你生孙子 |
[14:31] | And you should. | 而你也应该这样 |
[14:32] | I’m a genetic gold mine. | 我基因传统良好 |
[14:34] | No family history of diabetes | 家族里没有糖尿病史 |
[14:35] | or heart disease. | 心脏病史 |
[14:37] | Everyone has nonporous teeth and perfect eyesight. | 没有蛀牙 没有眼疾 |
[14:40] | I had one schizophrenic uncle, | 有一个患精神分裂症的叔叔 |
[14:42] | but even he had perfect vision. | 即便是他的眼睛也非常好 |
[14:45] | Which was unfortunate for the people around the bell tower he was in, | 虽说对于他住的钟楼 周围的人来说是种不幸 |
[14:49] | but still he w a very fine man, and… | 但无论如何他是个好人 还有… |
[14:51] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 对不起 抱歉 |
[14:52] | Didn’t know that there was a line. | 不知道这里竟然排起队来了 |
[14:54] | Marshall, your zipper. | 马修 你的拉链 |
[15:04] | Oh. Robin, it’s not that I don’t want grandkids. | 罗宾 我不是不想抱孙子 |
[15:07] | It’s just I don’t think anyone should make the mistake | 我只是不希望有人不知所谓的 |
[15:10] | of getting married too young. | 过早结婚 |
[15:12] | Why do you say that? | 你干吗这么说? |
[15:12] | I mean, you got married pretty young. | 我是说 你就是早婚 |
[15:14] | That wasn’t a mistake. | 那也并非什么错误阿 |
[15:16] | Was it? | 难道不是? |
[15:18] | (whispers): Well… | 那个… |
[15:20] | Okay, there’s something you don’t know. | 有些事儿你不知道 |
[15:22] | WAITRESS: Smile. | 笑一个 |
[15:24] | I wish your face would melt off. | 真希望你的脸化掉 |
[15:26] | I wish your eyeballs would explode. | 我希望你眼球爆裂 |
[15:27] | I’m gonna kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[15:28] | I don’t care how unpleasant it is, | 我才不管这会有多不愉快 |
[15:29] | you have to talk to him. | 你必须和他谈谈 |
[15:31] | Not now. Okay, if you don’t, I will. | 现在不行 好 你不说我说 |
[15:32] | Robin…! | 罗宾…! |
[15:34] | Oh, gosh, let me help you pick those up, sweetheart. | 天哪 我帮你捡 甜心 |
[15:37] | Sweetheart? | 甜心? |
[15:38] | Sweetheart?! | 甜心?! |
[15:40] | The only sweetheart in your life | 你人生中唯一 一个甜心 |
[15:41] | should be the woman you married 30 years ago, | 应该是与你成婚三十年的女人 |
[15:42] | not the waitress at the bar last night | 不是昨晚的那个女招待 |
[15:44] | and not this clumsy floozy! | 也不是这个蠢笨的荡妇! |
[15:46] | I’m sorry, you’re not a floozy. | 对不起 我不是说你是荡妇 |
[15:48] | I’m upset, I don’t know what I’m saying. | 我有点慌 语无伦次 |
[15:50] | But stay away from my dad. | 但离我爸远点 |
[15:53] | Ted, what are you talking about? | 泰德 你说什么啊? |
[15:55] | Dad? | 爸? |
[15:56] | You, uh, want to tell Mom | 你…唔…打算告诉妈妈 |
[15:59] | what happened at the bar last night? | 昨晚在酒吧发生的事儿么? |
[16:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:05] | I hooked up with a waitress. | 我钓上了个女招待 |
[16:08] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:10] | Oh? | 噢? |
[16:12] | I mean, oh! | 我是说 噢! |
[16:14] | Oh! Ooh! | 噢! 噢! |
[16:16] | We’re going to have a serious talk | 我们回家以后 |
[16:17] | about this when we get home, Al. | 得好好讨论下这个 |
[16:19] | Oh, ooh! | 噢 噢! |
[16:22] | Serious talk? | 好好讨论? |
[16:23] | Mom, what…? | 妈 啥…? |
[16:24] | He was kissing another woman. | 他亲另外一个女人 |
[16:25] | Don’t you care? | 难道你不在意? |
[16:26] | Mrs. Mosby? | 莫斯比夫人? |
[16:30] | Ted, we weren’t quite sure how to tell you this… | 泰德 我们不知怎么和你说… |
[16:33] | Your mother and I are divorced. | 你妈和我离婚了 |
[16:39] | You… | 你们… |
[16:41] | What do you mean you’re divorced? | 你说你们离婚是什么意思? |
[16:42] | Since when? | 何时起? |
[16:44] | Oh, gosh, it’s been about nine months now. | 噢 天哪 九个月了 |
[16:46] | Closer to ten, I think. | 近十个月 我想 |
[16:48] | Time flies. (chuckles) | 白驹过隙 |
[16:50] | So ten months ago, you just up and decided | 那么十个月以前你们就计划好要 |
[16:52] | to get divorced without telling me? | 离婚并且还不告诉我? |
[16:54] | No, it wasn’t a snap decision. | 不 这不是心血来潮 |
[16:56] | We’d been separated almost two years. | 我们已经分居两年了 |
[16:58] | How could you not tell me this?! | 你们干吗不告诉我?! |
[17:00] | We meant to, it just never seemed like the right time. | 想说来着 但总找不到合适的时间 |
[17:03] | So last Christmas…? | 那么上个圣诞节…? |
[17:05] | We talked about telling you kids then, | 我们当时本想告诉你们的 |
[17:07] | but it didn’t seem very Christmasy. | 但总觉得不合气氛 |
[17:11] | I got you a tandem bike. | 我还给你们买了辆双人自行车 |
[17:12] | Oh, it didn’t go to waste. | 那个可没浪费 |
[17:13] | Your mother and Frank ride it all the time. | 你妈和法兰克经常一起骑 |
[17:16] | Who the hell is Frank?! | 法兰克是谁?! |
[17:17] | (chuckling): Oh, great guy. | 呵呵 一个好人 |
[17:19] | I actually set them up. | 差不多是我把他俩凑成一对的 |
[17:21] | You remember Dr. Muchnik. | 还记得马基内克医生么? |
[17:22] | He did your braces. | 他给你做的牙套 |
[17:27] | Okay, my head’s about to explode, | 我脑袋快爆了 |
[17:29] | and I don’t want to get it all over everyone’s waffles, | 不想再听你们瞎扯 |
[17:31] | so I am leaving. | 所以我还是先走吧 |
[17:33] | Teddy bear, oh… | 泰迪小熊熊 |
[17:38] | You know, he mentioned he was divorced last night. | 知道么 他昨晚说他离婚了 |
[17:41] | I totally spaced on that. | 可我全然忘记了 |
[17:45] | Ooh, no line at the omelet station. | 蛋饼那里没人排队了 |
[17:53] | Lily… | 莉莉… |
[17:56] | I’m sorry that I said all those things. | 我真抱歉自己说了那些 |
[17:58] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[18:01] | I just find it really confusing to be around you right now. | 我现在待在你身边感到很迷茫 |
[18:04] | It’s the same for me. | 我也是 |
[18:07] | I think we’re probably both better off | 我想我们还是别见面的好 |
[18:09] | trying to keep some distance for a while. | 保持一定距离 |
[18:12] | Yeah, I think you’re right. | 好吧 我赞同 |
[18:22] | Are you wearing a push-up bra? | 你是不是穿了紧身胸衣? |
[18:23] | Did you Mystic Tan your calves? | 你难道用紫外线晒黑器照过小腿? |
[18:24] | I withdraw the question. | 我收回那个问题 |
[18:28] | We’re sorry we didn’t say anything about the divorce. | 对你没提起离婚一事 我们深表歉意 |
[18:31] | It was wrong not to tell you. | 没告诉你是不对的 |
[18:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:35] | But listen, don’t tell your sister. | 但听着 别告诉你姐姐 |
[18:36] | It would just upset her. | 这会让她很焦虑 |
[18:39] | No, this is ridiculous! | 不 这很荒谬! |
[18:41] | We have to start talking about stuff, and not just baseball. | 我们该谈点正经事 别只说棒球 |
[18:44] | Indians won today on a walk-off double. | 印第安人队今天用一个 再见二垒安打取得了胜利 |
[18:46] | Against the Red Sox? Boy, that’s a big win. | 对阵红袜队? 小子 真是干得漂亮 |
[18:48] | No. No. No. | 不 不 不 |
[18:50] | We’re not gonna blow past this. | 不能就这么算了 |
[18:51] | I mean, I don’t even | 我是说我甚至 |
[18:52] | know who you people. | 根本不了解你们俩 |
[18:53] | I don’t even know how you met. | 不知道你们怎么遇见 |
[18:55] | I never told you how I met your mother? | 我没和你说过自己 怎么遇见你妈的? |
[18:57] | No. | 没有 |
[18:58] | Oh, great story. | 很不错的故事哦 |
[18:59] | At a bar. | 在酒吧 |
[19:02] | That’s it? | 这就完了? |
[19:04] | That’s what passes for communication in our family? | 这就是我们家庭成员 之间的交流? |
[19:06] | Man, when I have kids, | 如果我有小孩 |
[19:08] | and I tell them how I met their mother, | 我会告诉他们 自己怎么遇到他们的母亲 |
[19:10] | I’m gonna tell them everything, the whole damn story. | 告诉他们所有事 整个故事 |
[19:14] | I think it was an Irish bar. | 我想那是个爱尔兰酒吧 |
[19:18] | I just, I don’t… I don’t understand. | 我只是 我不…我不理解 |
[19:20] | You seemed so happy. | 你们看起来很幸福 |
[19:21] | When I was growing up, | 在我长大的日子里 |
[19:22] | you seemed so… | 你们看起来很… |
[19:24] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[19:25] | We just realized we’re very different people. | 我们只是意识到双方 有很大不同 |
[19:28] | Your father’s kind of a head-in-the-clouds romantic, | 你父亲是个活在云端的浪漫主义 |
[19:31] | and I’m much more down to earth. | 而我是个脚踏实地的人 |
[19:32] | So? | 然后? |
[19:34] | Robin and I are like that. | 罗宾和我就这样 |
[19:35] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 这样又怎样 |
[19:37] | I wanted kids. | 我想要孩子 |
[19:38] | And your mother… | 你妈… |
[19:41] | also wanted kids. | 也想要孩子 |
[19:43] | Robin and I have different views on families. | 罗宾和我的家庭观不同 |
[19:46] | We’re not about to break up because of it. | 但我们不会因此分手 |
[19:48] | On some level, I always knew. | 某种程度上 我一直知道 |
[19:50] | I didn’t even want to go out with him in the beginning. | 自己起初就不想和他约会 |
[19:53] | But he spent months badgering me until I finally gave in. | 但他花了数月劝诱我 直至我同意 |
[19:58] | Huh. | 唔 |
[19:59] | Well, when you don’t connect on that many fundamental levels, | 如果两人在许多方面都有分歧 |
[20:02] | it’s only a matter of time before you realize | 那最终意识到应该分手 |
[20:03] | you’re not meant to be together. | 不过是时间问题 |
[20:06] | But we love Robin. | 但我们爱罗宾 |
[20:09] | MR. MOSBY: Absolutely. | 真的哦 |
[20:10] | Meeting you was the highlight of my trip. | 见到你是此次旅途最大的亮点 |
[20:12] | Well, second highlight. | 第二的亮点 |
[20:15] | MRS. MOSBY: We’ll see you inside. | 在里面等你们 |
[20:17] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:23] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[20:24] | I know. | 我明白 |
[20:27] | They love me! | 他们爱我! |
[20:31] | We are definitely going to try and communicate more. | 我们真该好好谈谈了 |
[20:34] | From now on, full disclosure. | 现在起 没有秘密 |
[20:35] | Good. Good, I think it’ll be really good for the family. | 好的 这对家庭来说是好事 |
[20:40] | By the way,how’s Grandma? She hasn’t returned my last couple calls. | 问下祖母怎样了? 我打了两个电话她都没接 |
[20:50] | I’m gonna get some juice. | 我去拿点果汁 |
[20:55] | No. | 不 |
[20:57] | No. | 不 |
[21:01] | You missed a great game last night. Real squeaker. | 你错过了昨晚的好比赛 势均力敌哦 |