时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Kids, never underestimate the power of destiny. | 孩子 千万不要低估命运的力量 |
[00:04] | Because when you least expect it, the littlest thing | 因为只要你对命运还有期待 |
[00:06] | can cause a ripple effect that changes your life. | 哪怕微不足道的事情也能 给你生活带来 意想不到的变化 |
[00:09] | Take for instance my trip to Chicago. | 象我当年去芝加哥 |
[00:12] | That security guard was a little bit handsy. | 那个保安有点咸猪手 |
[00:14] | That’s funny. She barely touched me. | 搞笑 她只是碰了下我 |
[00:16] | Uh, Gate 23. Come on. | 23号登机口 快点 |
[00:18] | If we miss this flight, I will never forgive myself. | 如果我们错过了这趟班机 我永远不会原谅自己的 |
[00:22] | Why was this flight so important? | 这趟班机为什么如此重要? |
[00:24] | Let’s back up a few months to the fall of 2006. | 让我们回到几个月前 那是06年秋天 |
[00:27] | I had just sold my first building design and become | 我刚刚卖掉第一份建筑设计图纸 |
[00:29] | the youngest project manager in my firm’s history. | 并且成为了我们 公司历史上最年轻的经理 |
[00:32] | Suddenly I was being headhunted. | 瞬时 我成为众猎头公司的目标 |
[00:34] | One firm was even considering me to run their entire New York office. | 一家公司甚至考虑 让我管理他们纽约办事处 |
[00:38] | They were flying me in for a final interview | 他们安排我参加最后一道面试 |
[00:40] | at their corporate headquarters in Chicago. | 在他们的芝加哥总部 |
[00:42] | It was the opportunity of a lifetime. | 这是一生中的少有的机会 |
[00:44] | It was my destiny. | 这会决定我的命运 |
[00:46] | There was just one problem. | 但是有一个问题 |
[00:47] | Hi, wait, two more. | 等等 还有两个人 |
[00:49] | Sorry, you’re too late, I already shut the doors. | 对不起 你们迟到太久了 我已经关上登机门了 |
[00:51] | Well, I’m sure if we pull real hard we can open them. | 能不能通融通融 |
[00:54] | Hmm, I wish it worked like that, but see, once I close those doors, that’s it. | 我也希望你们能进去 门一旦关上 就没有办法了 |
[00:57] | Nobody else is allowed down that jet-way. | 每人能够在下到登机舱 |
[00:59] | Except for that guy. | 除了这个人 |
[01:02] | Please, if-if I miss this flight, | 求求你了 如果 我说如果我错过这趟航班 |
[01:04] | I’ll miss the chance to interview for my dream job. | 我就错过我梦寐以求 的工作面试机会 |
[01:06] | I’m sorry, sir. | 对不起 先生 |
[01:07] | His dream job! Didn’t you ever have a dream job? | 他梦寐以求的工作! 难道你没有过梦寐以求的工作? |
[01:09] | Something from when you were a little girl, that was all you wanted to do? | 你还是小女孩的时候 有一些东西 让你就是想去做 |
[01:13] | I mean, for God’s sakes, I’m sure you didn’t go to bed at night | 我的意思是 肯定是这样的 你晚上从不睡觉 |
[01:15] | dreaming about being a… | 做做梦成为 |
[01:17] | I mean, uh… | 我的意思是 |
[01:19] | This is a cool job. | 这是个不错的工作 |
[01:22] | Please, I have to be on this flight. | 求你了 我必须上这趟飞机 |
[01:24] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能做什么 |
[01:25] | But it doesn’t look good. | 但是目前看起来不妙 |
[01:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:28] | Your uniforms are pretty. | 你的制服真漂亮 |
[01:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:49] | They haven’t armed the doors yet, so you still have a chance. | 他们还没有关登机门 你们还有一线机会 |
[01:51] | It’s up to the captain now and they’re calling us back. | 现在已经联系上机长了 他们会再跟我们联系 |
[01:54] | Great, please let us know soon as you hear anything. | 太好了 请尽快告诉 我们如果你有信的话 |
[01:56] | Sure, and for the future, we recommend you arrive | 为了避免再次出现类是情况 我们建议你们 |
[01:58] | at the airport an hour and a half before your flight, | 提前一个半小时到机场 |
[02:01] | not, you know, one minute after. | 而不是 晚一分钟才到 |
[02:03] | Normally, I’m incredibly responsible. | 平时 我总是十分守时的 |
[02:04] | I just had to go to court this morning and get sentenced. | 我今早去了趟法院 然后等待判决 |
[02:07] | Not that I’m a criminal or anything. | 我不是犯罪分子 一点关系都没有 |
[02:09] | Yeah, he just jumped a subway turnstile. | 他只是跳了下地铁十字转门 |
[02:11] | You seem to have a lot of problems with the rules of travel. | 你看起来对交通规则理解有很多问题 |
[02:16] | Hello? | 你好? |
[02:20] | Oh, that is great news. | 噢 太好了 |
[02:22] | It’s my mom– she found her missing earring. | 我妈妈打来的 她找到她丢的耳环了 |
[02:24] | Have a seat. I’ll call you when I hear something. | 坐吧 我一有消息就叫你们 |
[02:26] | Where was it? | 在那找到的? |
[02:29] | That thing better have call waiting. | 这件对她来说比等回话好多了 |
[02:30] | Could you just call the firm and explain what happened? | 你能给公司打个电话 解释下发生了什么吗? |
[02:33] | It’s down to three people | 那可是3个人 |
[02:34] | and I know they need to make their decision today. | 并且我知道他们 今天就要做出最后决定 |
[02:36] | I sort of feel my not showing up might put me at a disadvantage. | 我感觉我没露面 会给我带来竞争上的劣势 |
[02:41] | I’m so stupid. | 我太笨了 |
[02:43] | Why did I have to jump that turnstile? | 我为什么要去跳转门? |
[02:45] | Hey, don’t be so hard on yourself. | 别这样怪自己了 |
[02:47] | And isn’t this whole thing really Barney’s fault? | 难道整件事不该怪巴尼? |
[02:50] | She had a point. | 她说的对 |
[02:52] | It was kind of Barney’s fault. | 从某种意义来说是巴尼的错 |
[02:54] | Let’s back up a few months. | 让我们再回到几个月前 |
[02:56] | Oh, Marshall, how’s the broken toe? | 马修 脚趾怎么样了? |
[02:58] | Oh, man, it kills. | 天啊 疼死我了 |
[03:00] | You want some aspirin, baby? | 要来点阿司匹林吗 宝贝? |
[03:01] | You know I don’t believe in pain killers. | 你知道我不喜欢止疼药的 |
[03:05] | Wow, your first broken bone. | 你第一次骨折 |
[03:08] | Kind of kills your whole “Unbreakable” theory. | 打破了你从不”骨折”的历史 |
[03:10] | Marshall used to think he was indestructible. | 马修曾经一度 以为他是不会受伤的 |
[03:12] | Well, it added up. I’ve never broken anything. | 打住 我之前从来没有骨折过 |
[03:15] | I’ve never been sick, and when I need to, | 从来没有生过病 而且当我需要时 |
[03:16] | I can summon incredible strength. | 我能获得无穷的力量 |
[03:19] | Ted, tell her the story of the really heavy door. | 泰德 告诉她 关于沉重的门的故事 |
[03:22] | There was a really heavy door. | 确实有个很重的门 |
[03:24] | He opened it. | 他打开了 |
[03:25] | On one pull. | 还是一只手 |
[03:29] | Well, you must be really bummed, you’re not gonna be able to run tomorrow. | 你现在肯定不行了 明天你也不能去跑步了 |
[03:32] | Yeah. It sucks, | 是啊 太郁闷了 |
[03:33] | all that work I put in training for the marathon was a total waste. | 所有的马拉松训练都成无用功了 |
[03:36] | Training for a marathon. | 马拉松训练? |
[03:40] | What? | 怎么了? |
[03:41] | You don’t need to train for a marathon. You just run it. | 马拉松根本不需要训练 跑就得了 |
[03:44] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑? |
[03:46] | Not at all. I could run a marathon anytime I wanted to. | 本来就是 我想什么时候跑马拉松都行 |
[03:48] | So like tomorrow, you think you could wake up, roll out of bed, | 那明天 你认为你醒来 起床后 |
[03:51] | and just run the New York City Marathon? | 就直接去参加纽约马拉松赛? |
[03:53] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[03:54] | Barney, we’re talking about 42 kilometers. | 巴尼 我们说的可是42公里 |
[03:57] | Thanks, Canada. I’ll take it from here. | 好的 我接着说 |
[04:00] | Barney, it’s like 26 miles. | 巴尼 看起来有26迈远 |
[04:02] | Here’s how you run a marathon. | 我来告诉你们怎么跑马拉松 |
[04:04] | Step one, you start running. | 第一步 起跑 |
[04:07] | There is no step two. | 然后就 没有了 |
[04:09] | Okay, you know what? Prove it. | 你懂啥啊 证明给我们看 |
[04:11] | Take my number and run in my place. | 拿我的号去跑 |
[04:13] | I will bet you 50 bucks you don’t even finish the race. | 我赌50美元你根本跑不完比赛 |
[04:17] | 50 bucks? | 50美元? |
[04:18] | Gee, Grandpa, if I win, | 要是我赢了 |
[04:20] | maybe I can buy myself an ice-cream cone. | 我可能可以买个冰淇淋 |
[04:23] | Make it $10,000. | 赌 10,000美元 |
[04:25] | You have a gambling problem. You’ll bet me 50. | 你赌不赌?你输了也要给我50美元 |
[04:27] | Fine, then no bet. | 那就不赌了 |
[04:29] | Okay, $50. | 好吧 50美元就50美元 |
[04:33] | The next morning, as the marathon began, | 第二天一早 马拉松开始 |
[04:35] | we were focused on Marshall’s computer. | 我们就都把注意力放在马修的电脑上 |
[04:37] | Each runner gets a tracking chip so you can follow them online, | 每一个选手都有个追踪芯片 你可以在网上跟着他们 |
[04:40] | see when they pass certain checkpoints. Barney’s got mine in his shoe. | 当他们过了检查 巴尼的鞋上就会有我的芯片信号 |
[04:44] | Ooh, he’s starting! | 他开跑了 |
[04:45] | This ought to be good. | 看起来很好 |
[04:52] | Wow. | 噢 |
[04:54] | He’s already passing the second checkpoint. | 他已经过了第二个检查站了 |
[04:56] | This tracking thing is amazing. | 这个追踪器太好了 |
[04:59] | When we get married, you’re getting one of these. | 我们结婚了以后都得有一个 |
[05:07] | Wow. Look at his time. It’s pretty impressive. | 看他的时间 太快了 |
[05:10] | He’s gotta be cheating, okay. | 他肯定在做假 |
[05:12] | He knew we’d check. | 他知道我们在看他 |
[05:13] | Yeah, he’ll do anything to win a bet. | 他会不惜余力来赢这次赌 |
[05:15] | Remember that time he bet me that Men at Work sang “Hungry Like the Wolf,” | 记得那次他和我 打赌让那男的唱”饿狼传说” |
[05:18] | and when he found out that they didn’t, he tried to hire them to? | 他们不唱 然后他花钱让他们唱 |
[05:21] | Well, it looks like, “Barney” should be coming over the Queensboro Bridge | 看起来 “巴尼”应该要过Queensboro桥了 |
[05:24] | and up First Avenue within the next hour or so. But… | 一个小时后会到达第一大道 |
[05:28] | there is no way that that’s really him. | 但是 这不可能是他 |
[05:30] | It’s really him. | 真的是他啊 |
[05:39] | Hey! That’s mine. | 嘿 那是我的 |
[05:41] | Yeah, you’d better run! | 也好 你最好是逃跑 |
[05:46] | – What up, non-finishers? – Wow. | 怎么样啊 失败者? |
[05:50] | – Very impressive, Barney. – Right? | 太出色了 巴尼 不是吗? |
[05:52] | Yeah, my time would have been like a half an hour better, | 我本来应该在提前半个小时的 |
[05:54] | but I met this total hottie on Mile Seven. We took a quick detour | 跑到7迈的时候 遇到热水瓶了我们抄近道 |
[05:57] | and had our own mini marathon behind a Nathan’s. | 我们的迷你马拉松 就在内森的后面 |
[05:59] | I won. | 我赢了 |
[06:01] | I’m not sure anyone in that story is a winner. | 我不觉得任何人 是赌局的赢家 |
[06:05] | So where’s my 50 bucks? | 我的50美元呢? |
[06:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:10] | I got to admit, you earned this. | 我承认 你赢了 |
[06:14] | Huh? Can’t believe they haven’t made a coin for this yet. | 他们怎么没做个50美元的硬币 |
[06:18] | Anyway, I’m heading home. | 好了 我回家了 |
[06:20] | Might go hit the gym. | 也许还要去趟健身房 |
[06:22] | Oh, hey, just so you know, uh, all marathon runners get | 等等 跟你说 所有马拉松参赛者都可以 |
[06:24] | to use the subway for free today. | 今天免费坐地铁 |
[06:26] | Wow. You know I really should check out this “subway.” | 我真的应该去看看”兔女郎” |
[06:29] | Heard so much about it. | 听说了那么多 |
[06:31] | Wow. Look at me. Slumming it. | 看着我 佩服吧 |
[06:34] | Maybe I’ll make a weekend out of it | 也许 我会拿一周出来 |
[06:36] | and I’ll call my bridge and tunnel girl tonight. | 今晚嘛 就找个一般的了 |
[06:39] | You’re dating a girl from New Jersey? | 你今晚和新泽西的女孩约会? |
[06:41] | No. | 当然不 |
[06:46] | So Barney did it. | 巴尼真做到了 |
[06:47] | He actually finished the marathon. | 他确实完成了马拉松 |
[06:49] | But a little while later… I got an interesting phone call. | 但过了一会 我接到了一个有趣的电话 |
[06:52] | – Hello? – Ted, it’s Barney. | 你好? 泰德 我 巴尼 |
[06:54] | Listen to me, I need you to come and pick me up on the subway. | 我需要你来地铁站接我 |
[06:56] | What, what are you talking about? | 怎么了 你说什么呢? |
[06:58] | I was sitting here, totally minding my own business. | 我就坐在这 正在想我的好事 |
[07:07] | Finisher. | 胜利者 |
[07:09] | Yeah, you know what I mean. | 你知道我再说啥 |
[07:12] | 86th street. | 86号街到了 |
[07:35] | My legs don’t work. | 我脚动不了了 |
[07:37] | I’ve already ridden the subway twice end to end. | 我已经在地铁上 坐了整整两个来回了 |
[07:40] | I’ve seen where it turns around. | 我没有发现有所好转 |
[07:43] | Ted, you don’t ever want to see where the subway turns around. | 泰德 你一定不想看到地铁来回转 |
[07:47] | Barney’s legs won’t work. | 巴尼的脚动不了了 |
[07:50] | He’s riding the subway from end to end | 他下不了地铁了 |
[07:51] | because he physically can’t get off the train. | 因为他身体上已经已经不能下车了 |
[07:53] | Best 50 bucks I ever spent. | 这是我花的最好的50美元 |
[07:56] | Listen to me, Ted. | 听我说 泰德 |
[07:57] | I’m going to lose you any second. I’m on the fourth car of the six train | 你快过来我等不及了 我在6号车的4号车厢 |
[08:00] | heading south from Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx. | 从布鲁克斯区的帕港往南开 |
[08:02] | Meet me at the 86th Street station in, like, half an hour? | 在86号街站等我 半个小时内能到吗? |
[08:05] | All right. I’ll be right there. | 好的 我这就去 |
[08:07] | Stay where you are. | 呆在那别动 |
[08:10] | Ted, Ted. | 泰德 泰德 |
[08:29] | Oh, come on. You’re not even going to give up your seat for him? | 你不会连他位置都不让 |
[08:35] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 对不起 我不能让 |
[08:37] | Douche. | 脑子进水了 |
[08:54] | – Barney?! – Ted! | 巴尼? 泰德! |
[09:00] | Hey! | 嘿 站住 |
[09:04] | No…! | 不要… |
[09:08] | See? If Barney never tried to run the marathon, | 明白了吗?如果巴尼不参加马拉松 |
[09:10] | you never would have jumped that turnstile, | 你就不会跳转门 |
[09:12] | you wouldn’t have had that court date today, | 你今天也不会去法院 |
[09:14] | and we would have made this flight. | 我们就可以赶上航班 |
[09:16] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[09:17] | Everything can be traced back to him. | 所有事都归罪于他 |
[09:19] | Like that rash we all got at Christmas. | 象当时圣诞的轻率一样 |
[09:22] | All right, I have to see what’s going on. | 好吧 我看看怎么样了 |
[09:25] | – So I was able to get you two seats. – Really? That’s great! | – 那我能帮你订到两个 – 真的吗? 那太好了! |
[09:28] | No, no, not you. I’m talking to my mom about Blue Man Group. | 不 没跟你说 我再跟我妈说Blue Man组合的门票 |
[09:31] | Ma, can I call you back? | 妈 我再给你打过来好吗? |
[09:33] | Okay, what about our flight? Can we get on? | 我们的航班怎么样? 我们能登机了吗? |
[09:35] | I’m still waiting for… Huh. | 我还在等… |
[09:38] | Looks like your flight left already. | 看起来你们的航班已经起飞了 |
[09:39] | What? No, n-n-n-no, n-no. I have to be in Chicago today. | 什么?不 不 不… 我今天必须得到芝加哥 |
[09:42] | Well, he never even called you back? | 那机长就根本没有给你打过来? |
[09:43] | Well, it’s typical pilot. They don’t call you back at work | 这才是典型飞行员 工作时绝不回电 |
[09:46] | and they don’t call you back after you spend two nights with them | 他们打过来除非你们 |
[09:48] | at a Radisson in Orlando. | 在奥兰多 Radisson 和他们渡过两晚 |
[09:55] | It turned out there was one other flight that would just barely get me | 事情有了转机 正好有另外一趟航班 |
[09:58] | to Chicago on time for my job interview, | 能让我及时 去芝加哥参加工作面试 |
[10:00] | but it was all the way on the other side of the airport. | 但是登机口在机场的另外一头 |
[10:03] | What was the name of the airline again? | 是哪个航空公司的航班 |
[10:05] | I think it was something like Flights R’ Us. | 好像是R’Us 航空公司 |
[10:07] | Was the “R” backwards? | “R”是在后面吗? (同音:我们赶不上了) |
[10:08] | God, I hope not. | 老天 希望不是 |
[10:10] | – Geez. – Stupid smart carts. | 快啊 好手推车 |
[10:13] | More like dumb carts. | 更像笨推车 |
[10:15] | If we miss this flight, it’s all Barney’s fault. | 如果我们错过航班 一定都是巴尼的过错 |
[10:18] | You know, Barney never would have run the marathon in the first place | 巴尼决不可能在马拉松跑第一 |
[10:21] | – if Marshall hadn’t broken his toe. – Yeah, so? | 如果马修脚趾没有骨折的话 那难道不是? |
[10:23] | What, you think this is my fault? | 那你觉得是我的过错? |
[10:27] | For Marshall, the initial idea to run the marathon came way back in April. | 对马修来说 参加马拉松 的想法的产生在四月 |
[10:31] | My pants are starting to feel a little tight. | 我的内裤穿起来有点紧了 |
[10:33] | Oh, that’s okay. I love that cute little belly. | 没关系 我喜欢你的小肚腩 |
[10:41] | I cannot allow this. | 我不能再这样下去了 |
[10:43] | What? | 怎么了啊? |
[10:46] | I am going to run the New York City Marathon. | 我要去参加纽约马拉松赛 |
[11:00] | “It is important to load up on carbohydrates | 碳水化合物摄入很重要 |
[11:02] | two to four hours before a big run. | 在长跑2-4个小时之前 |
[11:05] | Try a breakfast of a bagel, a banana, | 早餐一个百吉饼 一个香蕉 |
[11:08] | oatmeal, strawberries and some orange juice.” | 麦片 草莓 和一些橙汁 |
[11:11] | Here you go, Marshmallow. Just like the book said. | 过来吃吧 马修这些食物 都按照书上说的弄的 |
[11:13] | Yeah, but from now on, I’m eating all of my breakfast runner-style. | 但从现在起 我要 象职业选手一样吃早餐 |
[11:17] | Liquids are digested faster. | 液体消化要快得多 |
[11:19] | That way, no energy is wasted, | 换句话说 没有能量流失 |
[11:21] | and it’s all about the run. | 这些都是为了比赛 |
[11:54] | “Don’t forget to give yourself plenty of positive reinforcement.” | 别忘了给自己很多鼓励 |
[11:59] | This is gonna be your best run yet. | 这会是你最好的比赛 |
[12:02] | You’re going to accomplish all of your goals. | 你会实现你所有的梦想 |
[12:06] | You are a robot sent from the future | 你是一个来自未来的机器人 |
[12:09] | to win the marathon! | 为了赢得马拉松 |
[12:12] | You are… Marshall. | 你是…马修 |
[12:16] | You are… Marshall. | 你是…马修 |
[12:19] | You are Marshall! Yeah! | 你是…马修! |
[12:29] | “Chafing or blisters can occur in a number of areas, | 身上一些地方也许会出现发炎或者水泡 |
[12:32] | including the feet, armpits, or even the nipples. | 出现的地方包括脚 腋窝 甚至乳头 |
[12:36] | Try using some petroleum jelly on the affected areas.” | 试试在这些有反应的地方用些油霜 |
[13:00] | Oh, gosh! | 噢 糟了! |
[13:16] | Dude, you are a terrific runner. | 兄弟 你是一个所向披靡的选手 |
[13:19] | Tomorrow you’re gonna run and finish the New York City Marathon! | 明天你将参加并且完成纽约马拉松 |
[13:24] | You’re the best. | 你是最棒的 |
[13:27] | You look good. | 你看起来太好了 |
[13:29] | Nobody does it better than you. | 没人比你更强 |
[13:32] | Marshall? Oh, my God! | 马修?我的天! |
[13:35] | So, yes, it was your fault. | 这样说 是 确实是你的错 |
[13:37] | I mean, if you don’t show up at the apartment in the middle of the day, | 我的意思是 如果你中午不突然去我公寓的话 |
[13:39] | Marshall doesn’t break his toe, Barney doesn’t run in his place, | 马修脚趾就不会骨折 巴尼也不会带他去跑 |
[13:42] | I don’t jump the turnstile and get a court date, | 我也不会去跳转门和法院 |
[13:44] | and we make our flight in plenty of time! | 我们就有足够的时间来赶上飞机 |
[13:48] | And I don’t fall down and bite my tongue at the airport. | 我也不会在机场摔到还咬伤舌头 |
[13:51] | That really wasn’t my fault. | 这真的不是我的错 |
[13:53] | I wouldn’t have walked in on Marshall if it weren’t for Lily. | 如果不是因为 莉莉我也不会撞见马修 |
[13:55] | Hey, think about it. | 你想想… |
[13:58] | Hey, what’s going on here? | 那怎么了? |
[13:59] | Oh, looks like they’re camping out for something. | 不知道 看起来 他们象在露营什么的 |
[14:01] | Yeah, but for what? | 对啊 可为什么啊? |
[14:02] | I don’t know. Usually there’s a Stormtrooper or Klingon in line | 不知道 经常有突击队迷 或者星战迷来通宵排队 |
[14:05] | to give you some indication. | 看来这是原因了 |
[14:07] | “Annual wedding dress blowout. | “年度婚纱甩卖” |
[14:09] | Designer sample dresses up to 90% off. | 设计样品试穿打9折 |
[14:12] | Doors open tomorrow, 8:00 a.m.” | 明天早上8点开门 |
[14:14] | Oh, my God. Can you believe what some nut bags will do to save a few bucks? | 你相信这些真能省钱? |
[14:19] | We have to camp out. | 我们一定要露营 |
[14:21] | – Are you serious? – You don’t understand. | – 你说真的吗? – 你不懂 |
[14:22] | This is an amazing sale. I’ve heard about it before, | 太划算得甩卖了 我从来没有遇到过 |
[14:25] | but I never knew where it was. | 我从来不知道哪有这些 |
[14:27] | We’ll have a wedding dress campout. It’ll be fun. | 我们将来个婚纱露宿 一定很有趣… |
[14:31] | I can’t go. I’ve got this thing. | 我不能去 我有事 |
[14:33] | – What thing? – A penis. | – 什么事? – 房事 |
[14:36] | – This is the place. – Oh, wow. | 就是这了 |
[14:39] | Badgley Mischka! Melissa Sweet! Badgley Mischka! Melissa Sweet! | (服装品牌) |
[14:42] | Vera Wang! Vera Wang! | (华裔婚纱设计师) |
[14:43] | Oh, Robin, do you have any idea what you guys stumbled onto here? | 你知道我们为什么在这? |
[14:47] | You said wang. | 你说了Wang (发音错了) |
[14:51] | Oh, this reminds me of the ticket line to Lilith Fair, 1998. | 它让我想到了1998年排队买Lilith Fair的票 (音乐会) |
[14:56] | Only fewer mullets. | 没有 胭脂鱼 (骂人的话) |
[14:57] | You should feel good. You’re only, like, the tenth craziest bride in New York. | 你应该感到满足 你是纽约 仅有的10分之1最疯狂的新娘 |
[15:05] | Ooh, this is comfy. | 真舒服 |
[15:07] | We might actually be able to sleep. | 我们肯定能睡着 |
[15:11] | That’s kind of annoying. | 真让人讨厌 |
[15:13] | Well, I’m sure somebody will be out here to turn it off any minute. | 我确定呆会就有人出来把它关了 |
[15:29] | I don’t think I can take this. | 我觉得我不能忍受了 |
[15:32] | Every time it turns off, I think, | 每次它声音一变小 |
[15:34] | oh, maybe it won’t turn on again, | 它也许就不会再响了 |
[15:37] | but then it does. | 但是它又响了 |
[15:39] | Why does it, Robin? | 为什么会这样 罗宾? |
[15:41] | Why does it keep turning on? | 为什么它总响个不停 |
[15:43] | It’s gonna be okay, sweetie. Why… | 会好的 甜心 为什么 |
[15:45] | Why don’t we make a game out of it, okay? | 为什么我们不能 来玩个游戏? 怎么样? |
[15:48] | Why don’t we sing along? | 我们跟着它一起唱歌吧? |
[16:10] | If we get through this, | 如果我们能做到的话 |
[16:12] | I swear I’m gonna live my life differently. | 我发誓我一定会过另一种生活 |
[16:16] | I just want to tell my parents I love them one more time. | 我只想对我父母 说再说一次我爱他们 |
[16:21] | Morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[16:24] | – It’s him. It’s the car guy! – Get out of here! | 就是他 他就是车主! 滚开… |
[16:37] | The next morning, Robin was too tired to go all the way back to Brooklyn, | 第二天早晨 罗宾累得不想回布鲁克林 |
[16:41] | so while I was at work, | 而我又在上班 |
[16:42] | she went to crash at my apartment for a couple hours, | 她就去我公寓呆上两个小时 |
[16:45] | and that’s when… | 然后 |
[16:47] | Nobody does it better than you. | 没人比你更强 |
[16:49] | Marshall?! Oh, my God! | 马修?!天啊! |
[16:53] | So if Lily hadn’t dragged me down to the wedding dress store, | 如果莉莉不唆使我一起去婚纱店 |
[16:56] | we would have made the first flight. | 我们能赶上第一趟飞机 |
[16:57] | Oh, thank God. The doors are still open. We made it. | 谢天谢地 门还开着 我们赶上了 |
[17:00] | Hi. Please. We really need to get on this flight. | 你好 求求你了 我们一定得上这趟班机 |
[17:04] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天啊! |
[17:06] | You’re that reporter from Metro News 1. | 你是城市新闻1台的播音员 |
[17:09] | Yes, yes, I am. | 是 是 我就是 |
[17:10] | I can’t believe you recognized me. | 你居然能认出我 |
[17:12] | – You did that story on the giant pizzas? – Would you check to see | 你编的大比萨饼的故事? 你能说说… |
[17:15] | – if you have any more seats? – One moment, sir. | – 还有空位? – 等会 先生 |
[17:18] | Were those pizzas real? Come on, were they? | 那些比萨饼是真的?不是吧? |
[17:20] | – Robin… – One second, Ted. | 罗宾…等会 泰德 |
[17:22] | Um, you know, a lot of people ask me that. | 很多人问我同样的问题 |
[17:24] | The truth is, the pizzas were real. | 事实是 比萨饼是真的 |
[17:27] | – Calzones. Trick photography. – I knew it! | – 馅是假的 图像处理过的 – 我就知道是这样的 |
[17:30] | God, it is so nice to meet a fan! | 遇到一个粉丝太高兴了 |
[17:33] | And I would be a fan of your work if you could get us | 我也很开心成为你的粉丝 如果你能帮我们 |
[17:36] | two seats on that next flight. | 在下趟航班留两个座位的话 |
[17:38] | Well, the, uh, flight attendants are just finishing up their final seat count. | 乘务员刚刚检查完位置 |
[17:43] | Let me see what I can find out. | 让我看看能发现什么 |
[17:45] | Would it help if I got on and gave an impassioned speech about my destiny? | 如果能帮忙赶上的话 我就能做一个关于我命运的激情演讲? |
[17:47] | I think it might hurt. | 我觉得情况可能不好 |
[17:52] | This is such a nightmare. | 真是一场噩梦 |
[17:55] | Okay, so we agree? This goes back to Lily wanting to camp out | 好 统一意见? 回到莉莉想露营 |
[17:59] | for a wedding dress? | 因为婚纱… |
[18:01] | No. | 不 |
[18:02] | Wait. It goes back further. | 等等 回去更远些 |
[18:04] | Remember why we were eating hot dogs on the East Side? | 记得我们为什么在东边吃热狗? |
[18:17] | 1939?! | 1939年?! |
[18:20] | This penny’s from 1939! | 这是枚1939年造的便士! |
[18:24] | A 67-year-old penny. | 有67年历史的便士 |
[18:27] | Do you realize this penny was minted during World War II? | 你能想到这枚便士 是二次大战时造的吗? |
[18:30] | Oh, so was my grandfather, but that doesn’t make him interesting. | 就是我的祖父 这个也不让他感兴趣 |
[18:34] | Look, I know a little something about coins, | 我懂一些硬币知识 |
[18:36] | and this baby is worth something to a collector. | 这个宝贝对于收藏家来说还是值钱的 |
[18:38] | – No, it’s not. – Yes, it is! | – 不 它啥也不是 – 不 它肯定值钱! |
[18:40] | You know what? I’m gonna take you out to dinner | 你知道什么?我带你去吃饭 |
[18:43] | with the money I get for this little guy. | 用这个便士换来的钱 |
[18:44] | And that’s exactly what I did. | 这就是我做得 |
[18:47] | You’re lucky there’s still a place that serves anything for a dollar fifty. | 你真走运还有这么个 地方把这个换成15美元 |
[18:50] | Hey, that’s 150 times its original value. | 这可是它本身价值的150倍啊 |
[18:54] | Actually, the meal was only $1.49. | 这顿饭只花了14.9美元 |
[18:58] | 1984. | 1984造的 |
[19:00] | Hey, in 50 years, we can get dinner again. | 50年之内了 我们又可以吃了 |
[19:03] | How dare you. | 你太过分了 |
[19:05] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿 那怎么了? |
[19:06] | I don’t know. Looks like they’re camping out for something. | 不知道 看起来 他们象在露营什么的 |
[19:08] | Yeah, but for what? | 对啊 可为什么啊? |
[19:10] | It was me. | 是我 |
[19:11] | I started this. | 我开始了这一切 |
[19:13] | If I hadn’t picked up that penny, | 如果我不捡那一便士 |
[19:15] | we wouldn’t have gone to get hot dogs all the way across town. | 我们就不会沿路吃热狗 |
[19:18] | And we wouldn’t have seen that wedding dress store, | 我们就不会看到婚纱店 |
[19:20] | Lily wouldn’t have wanted to camp out there, | 莉莉也不会想在那露营 |
[19:22] | and I wouldn’t have needed a nap at your apartment the next day. | 我也不会第二天去你公寓休息 |
[19:26] | Marshall wouldn’t have broken his toe. | 马修脚趾也不会骨折 |
[19:28] | Barney wouldn’t have run the marathon. | 巴尼也不会去跑马拉松 |
[19:30] | I wouldn’t have jumped that turnstile, | 我也不会去跳转门 |
[19:32] | gotten arrested, had that court date… | 被捕 还去法院 |
[19:35] | And we would have made our flight. | 我们就能赶上航班了 |
[19:37] | I don’t think we can go back any further than that | 我认为我们 不能再追回到更远了 |
[19:39] | unless you know who dropped the penny. | 除非你知道谁丢的那一便士 |
[19:41] | I wish I did. | 我希望是我 |
[19:43] | Though that person’s already been punished enough, | 反正那人已经得到了惩罚了 |
[19:44] | losing a sweet penny like that. | 丢了那么值钱的一便士 |
[19:47] | Uh, sir? | 先生? |
[19:49] | Oh, please tell me you have some good news. | 请你告诉我点好消息 |
[19:52] | Uh, I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不行 |
[19:54] | There are no extra seats on the plane. | 这趟航班没有空位了 |
[19:56] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[19:57] | All, right, well, thanks for trying. | 算了吧 还是谢谢你尽力了 |
[20:00] | I can’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[20:01] | That’s it, it’s over. | 晚了 都完了 |
[20:04] | Ted, come on. | 泰德 别这样 |
[20:05] | Your destiny just wasn’t to make it to Chicago today. | 你命运就是今天到不了芝加哥 |
[20:09] | Anyway, if that firm really wants you, they’ll reschedule. | 如果哪个公司真要你的话 他们会重新安排的 |
[20:12] | But that’s not what happened. | 但这再也没有发生过 |
[20:13] | They didn’t reschedule. | 他们没有重新安排 |
[20:15] | They hired someone else. | 他们雇了别人 |
[20:17] | And as it turned out, three months later, | 三个月 这一切都过去了 |
[20:20] | that guy ended up having to relocate to Chicago. | 那个家伙的纽约工作 也结束了又回到了芝加哥 |
[20:23] | Kids, funny thing about destiny– | 孩子们 这就是命运的趣事 |
[20:25] | I thought I was destined to get that job. | 我曾经认为 我一定会得到这份工作 |
[20:28] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[20:29] | My destiny was to stay in New York. | 我的命运是呆在纽约 |
[20:32] | Because if I hadn’t, | 因为如果我没有 |
[20:34] | I never would have met your mother. | 我就不会遇见你们的妈妈 |