时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Kids,the spring of 2008 was a pretty great time for me | 孩子们 2008年的春天对我来说可是一段美好的时光啊 |
[00:04] | Stella and I had started dating, | 我和丝戴拉开始约会 |
[00:05] | And I’d just gotten a big raise at work, | 而且我在事业上得到了一次重大的升迁 |
[00:07] | So I decided to purchase something I knew | 所以我觉得应该买一样 |
[00:08] | Would be the envy of all my friends. | 能让我那帮朋友们嫉妒的东西 |
[00:10] | A new car! | 一辆新车! |
[00:12] | Ted, this is new york city– you’re never gonna drive it. | 泰德 这里可是纽约 你永远都不会有机会开它的 |
[00:15] | This is a really, really stupid purchase, | 这是你买的东西里面最最傻的一件 |
[00:17] | And I’m sorry, but none of us can support it. | 而且抱歉的是 我们都不认同(泰德买车的主意) |
[00:20] | Shotgun for eternity! | 永久前座权是我的! |
[00:21] | You can’t call shotgun for eternity. | 你不能一直占着前面那个座位 |
[00:23] | I just called it. | 我刚已经说了 |
[00:24] | You can’t just call things, barney. | 巴尼 你不能想占什么就说什么 |
[00:26] | I call that I can call things! | 我就是为了要占它才说的啊! |
[00:27] | hey, baby. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[00:28] | Beer. | 啤酒 |
[00:31] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:33] | Beer. | 我要喝啤酒 |
[00:42] | Okay, what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[00:43] | They always told me that working at a big law firm | 他们总是这么跟我说 为一家大型的法律事务所工作 |
[00:46] | Was like being at war. | 就跟置身在战场上一样 |
[00:47] | You get out of law school, | 你从法律学院里毕业 |
[00:49] | It’s like getting out of boot camp. | 就等于你从海军训练新兵之营地出来 |
[00:50] | That first day at work, you’re storming the beaches, | 上班的第一天 你就开始抢滩登陆 |
[00:53] | Full of piss and vinegar… | 精神抖擞 充满战斗力 |
[00:54] | Dude, we’re lawyers now. | 伙计 我们现在是律师了 |
[00:56] | Totally. | 完全正确 |
[00:57] | We’ve got briefcases and everything. | 我们拥有公事包和一切 |
[00:59] | Freakin’ briefcases. | 这要命的公事包 |
[01:00] | You have anything in yours? | 你的公事包装有东西吗 |
[01:02] | Totally empty. you? | 空的不行 你的呢 |
[01:03] | Candy bars. | 都是糖果条 |
[01:08] | Then you get in the trenches side by side with your buddies | 当你在战壕里和你的战友们并肩作战时 |
[01:11] | And you feel a sense of camaraderie. | 你就会感受到彼此之间的友情 |
[01:13] | But before too long… | 但是好景不长… |
[01:14] | Hey, marshall. | 马修 好啊 |
[01:15] | …the shells start to fall. | 炮弹从天而降 |
[01:16] | Hello, arthur. | 你好啊 亚瑟 |
[01:19] | Arthur hobbes is one of the senior partners | 亚瑟·赫普斯是我们的高级合伙人之一 |
[01:21] | At my firm, and he’s… he’s my boss. | 但是在我的公司 他就是我的老板 |
[01:24] | He seems like a nice guy, | 他看起来很和蔼可亲 |
[01:25] | But he’s got a nickname… | 不过他有个外号 |
[01:27] | Artillery arthur. | 炮手亚瑟 |
[01:29] | How’s your morning going? | 今天早上过得怎么样啊 |
[01:31] | It’s going fine– how is yours? | 过得不错 你的呢 |
[01:32] | Not too bad, not too bad. | 还行 还行 |
[01:34] | Hey, is ferguson in yet? | 对了 弗格森来了没 |
[01:36] | He is, he’s in… just in his office next door. | 他…他就在自己办公室呢 隔壁那间 |
[01:38] | That’s great– have a good one, buddy. | 很好 祝你过得愉快 伙计 |
[01:40] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[01:44] | You never know who’s gonna get hit… | 你永远也不知道谁会被他炮轰 |
[01:45] | Hey, ferguson! | 弗格森! |
[01:47] | I read your report, and it’s complete crap! | 我看了你的报告了 写得跟屎一样臭! |
[01:49] | No, you know what? that’s an insult to crap. | 不对 这么说简直是侮辱了屎这个词 |
[01:51] | If crap could eat and then crap stuff out, it’s that! | 如果屎还可以吃了再拉出来的话 你的报告就跟那一样臭! |
[01:55] | Your report is the crap that crap craps! | 你的报告就是那坨屎拉出来的屎! |
[01:58] | If you last two more days here, I’ll be shocked! | 如果你还能在这多呆上两天的话 我会很惊讶的! |
[02:01] | Shocked! | 惊讶得不行! |
[02:04] | It was brutal, | 这么做真残忍 |
[02:06] | But the worst was a few minutes later. | 但几分钟后发生的才更糟糕 |
[02:10] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[02:12] | Yeah, sorry. | 恩 我感到很抱歉 |
[02:15] | Can you believe he did that | 你能相信在”带女儿上班日” |
[02:16] | On take your daughter to work day? | 他居然对我做出这样的事情吗 |
[02:23] | So that brings us to today. | 接下来就过渡到了今天发生的事 |
[02:24] | Oh, no. | 噢 不能吧 |
[02:26] | A little background. | 小小的背景介绍 |
[02:27] | So I’m working on this report | 我现在写的报告 |
[02:28] | Called “using 23-b-3 spurious class action precedent | 叫做”在缺乏共同性及明确集团成员数目的情况下 |
[02:32] | “to contest a class certification order | 根据美国联邦民事程序规则第23节B条第三款 |
[02:34] | Based on a lack of commonality, numerosity…” | 伪造集团诉讼先例来验证一级证明条款…” |
[02:36] | Dude, you lost us. | 伙计 我们都听糊涂了 |
[02:38] | Can’t you just call it something cool | 你就不能给它起个酷点的名字吗 |
[02:39] | Like “the ninja report”? | 比如说像”忍者秘籍”? |
[02:40] | Okay. yeah, fine, whatever. | 好的 随便 怎么都行 |
[02:43] | Um, so I’m supposed | 我本来应该 |
[02:44] | To turn in “the ninja report” yesterday. | 昨天就上交那份”忍者秘籍” |
[02:46] | -Awesome. -wow. cool. | -不错啊 -很好啊 |
[02:47] | But I got insanely busy with other stuff, | 但是我真的是忙于另一件事无法分身 |
[02:50] | I didn’t get a chance to finish it, | 所以我没有机会把它完成 |
[02:52] | And then this morning… | 于是今天早上… |
[02:54] | -Hey, ferguson. -hey, arthur. | -嘿 弗格森 -好啊 亚瑟 |
[02:55] | How’s your day going? | 今天过得怎么样啊 |
[02:57] | -I gotta go. -great. how is yours? | -我得挂了 -很好 你呢 |
[02:59] | Great, great– hey, is marshall in yet? | 很好 很好 马修来了吗 |
[03:00] | Oh, thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[03:02] | Yeah, he’s right in there. | 恩 他就在里面呢 |
[03:04] | Fantastic. have a good one, buddy. | 太好了 祝你过得愉快 伙计 |
[03:09] | And then… | 然后… |
[03:11] | He screamed at me. | 他冲我大声吼 |
[03:13] | Oh, baby, I’m so sorry. | 宝贝 我真为你感到难过 |
[03:15] | What, that’s it? | 什么 就这样而已啊 |
[03:16] | You’re upset because a guy talked loudly near you? | 你这么难过 就是因为有个家伙站你旁边大声说话吗 |
[03:20] | Barney, I have never been screamed at | 巴尼 我这辈子从来没有试过 |
[03:21] | Like that in my life. | 被人这么大声吼的 |
[03:23] | Come on, when’s the last time you got screamed at at work? | 拜托 你上次在工作中被人大声吼是什么时候 |
[03:25] | I got screamed at three times today. | 我今天就被人吼了三次 |
[03:27] | Once in korean. | 其中有一次还是在韩国 |
[03:30] | This is corporate america, marshall. | 这里可是美利坚合众国 马修 |
[03:32] | Screaming is a motivational tool, | 冲你吼只不过是一种激发你奋进的工具 |
[03:33] | Like christmas bonuses or sexual harassment. | 就像圣诞节的奖金或是性骚扰 |
[03:36] | It’s just good business. | 这样做有益无害啊 |
[03:38] | Oh, baby, it’s just not fair. | 宝贝 这对你不公平 |
[03:41] | You’ve been working so hard. | 你这么努力工作 |
[03:43] | Late nights, weekends. | 熬夜加班 周末加班 |
[03:46] | I never see you. | 我好久没见过你了 |
[03:51] | We’ve barely made love in weeks. | 我们好几周没做爱了 |
[03:57] | It’s bad, guys,mama needs her sugar. | 伙计们 盯着看可不对啊 老娘也需要得到滋润的嘛 |
[04:00] | Look, marshall, he screamed at you, you took it. | 听着 马修 他冲你吼了 你承受住了 |
[04:03] | He probably respects you more for it. | 他可能从此对你的敬意会增加吧 |
[04:05] | Yeah, about that… | 恩 关于此事… |
[04:08] | So arthur’s busy giving me the full screaming treatment… | 所以当亚瑟忙于对我大声吼我 |
[04:14] | Face turning red, | 我看见他的脸变得通红 |
[04:15] | Vein in his forehead about to burst, | 脑门上的血管感觉就要爆了 |
[04:18] | Spittle flying like shrapnel. | 口水像炮弹碎片一样四处飞溅 |
[04:22] | Everyone you work with walking by your office, | 与你共事的每一个人经过你的办公室时 |
[04:23] | Peering in. | 都往里看 |
[04:29] | And suddenly, I just felt all of it. | 突然间 我觉得我受够了 |
[04:32] | All of what? | 受够什么 |
[04:34] | All of it. | 全部 |
[04:35] | The fact that I became a lawyer to save the environment, | 事实上我当初想成为一名律师是为了拯救环境 |
[04:38] | And now I’m working for the bad guys instead. | 但现在我却为这种无良的家伙工作 |
[04:41] | The fact that I am stuck in this job | 事实上我完全受制于这份工作 |
[04:43] | Because of a mortgage I can barely afford | 因为我要偿还我几乎无力支付的贷款 |
[04:44] | On an apartment that is crooked. | 而且那个房子还是倾斜的 |
[04:46] | The fact that I am a grown man, | 事实上我已经是个成年人了 |
[04:48] | and nobody, not even artillery arthur, | 没有人 更别说是炮手亚瑟了 |
[04:50] | Has the right to talk to me like that! | 有权利那样吼我! |
[04:54] | I begged my body not to do it. | 我祈求着自己不要那么做 |
[04:58] | But it was no use. | 但没用 |
[05:05] | I just… I just… | 我只不过…只不过… |
[05:14] | Just because you weren’t around for this, | 只不过因为你当时不在附近 |
[05:17] | I called shotgun for all eternity in ted’s car. | 我喊了前座权 所以坐泰德车的前排位子的永远是我 |
[05:35] | dude I can’t believe you cried in front of your boss. | 伙计 我简直不敢相信你在你老板面前哭了 |
[05:39] | I don’t know what happened. | 我也不知道怎么搞的 |
[05:40] | There’s just something about being yelled at like that, | 可能是我曾经被那么吼过吧 |
[05:42] | Like I was being scolded by my dad. | 像是小时候我爸吼我一样 |
[05:45] | Suddenly… suddenly I was a little boy. | 突然间…突然一下子我又变成了那个小男孩 |
[05:48] | Is “boy” the right word? | 是小女孩才对吧 |
[05:50] | I felt absolutely powerless. | 我觉得无力反抗 |
[05:53] | Flaccid– hell, i… I felt castrated. | 变得特软弱 妈的 就跟被阉了一样 |
[05:56] | God, you’re hot right now. | 老天 你现在看起来好性感 |
[05:58] | And the worst thing is, tomorrow morning I have to walk | 最糟的是 明天早上我还要到亚瑟的办公室 |
[06:01] | Into arthur’s office and give him the ninja report. | 给他交忍者秘籍 |
[06:04] | Ooh. ooh. ninjas are cool. | 哇噢 忍者可是很酷的 |
[06:06] | How the hell am I supposed to face this guy again? | 我到底该怎么面对那家伙 |
[06:08] | Here’s what I would do if I were you. | 我要是你就这么做 |
[06:12] | Hi, arthur. | 你好啊 亚瑟 |
[06:14] | Hello, marshall. | 好啊 马修 |
[06:15] | Have you finally finished the ninja report? | 你有没有写完忍者秘籍 |
[06:17] | Yeah, I got it. | 写完了 |
[06:20] | Right here. | 就在这儿 |
[06:23] | I think it’s gonna blow you away. | 我想这个应该能把你送走吧 |
[06:26] | Please, I have a family. | 求你 别这样 我还有家庭呢 |
[06:29] | So we good? | 那我们之间没问题了? |
[06:31] | We’re so good. | 绝对没问题 |
[06:32] | Then why are you still in my office? | 那你怎么还在我办公室里 |
[06:40] | Okay, gun violence might be the answer to everything | 好吧 也许拿枪恐吓在加拿大可以 |
[06:43] | Up in canada, robin, | 解决掉任何问题 罗宾 |
[06:45] | But here in america, we solve our problems with words. | 但这里是美国 我们是用语言来解决问题的 |
[06:48] | Marshall, you go in and you dazzle this guy | 马修 你进去后就用一篇气势恢宏的演讲 |
[06:51] | With a big eloquent speech defending human dignity. | 来灭灭他的气势以此捍卫人类的尊严 |
[06:54] | Like abraham lincoln. | 就像亚伯拉罕·林肯一样 |
[06:56] | Yeah, because it’s so easy just to bust out a big, | 是阿 因为想出一篇气势恢宏的演讲 |
[06:59] | Eloquent speech off the top of your head. | 易如反掌(反语) |
[07:01] | Observe. | 看着 |
[07:03] | Arthur? | 亚瑟? |
[07:05] | What do you want, marshall? | 怎么了 马修 |
[07:06] | Justice, sir. | 公正 先生 |
[07:08] | You see, we are all born with certain incontrovertible rights, | 毫无疑问我们生来都是有着同等的权利 |
[07:10] | The most fundamentally paramount of which | 而这其中最为基础重要的 至高无上 |
[07:12] | Is the right… | 的权利便是… |
[07:15] | Wait, you can’t be fundamentally paramount. | 等一下 不能说最为基础又在其他之上 |
[07:17] | One means highest, one means lowest. | 一个表示至高无上的 一个表示最基本的 |
[07:19] | You are nailing this. | 你搞混了 |
[07:21] | Human beings have rights, | 人类都有权利 |
[07:23] | And those rights are, um… | 而这些权利是 呃 |
[07:26] | You got me hooked, reel me in. | 你把我绕进去了 我迷惑了 |
[07:28] | There are certain justices | 有一些公正 |
[07:30] | That cannot or will not | 是不能也不会 |
[07:32] | Be inalienable… as such… | 被剥夺的…就像… |
[07:35] | For the future. | 未来一样 |
[07:37] | Stuck the landing– bravo! | 说得好 勇士! |
[07:39] | Thank you. | 非常感谢 |
[07:42] | Security’s gonna rough you up a bit on t way out. | 保安在你出去的时候可能会使用一些小小的武力 |
[07:48] | Guys, guys, this is not helping, okay? | 伙计们 伙计们 这些都帮不上忙 好吧 |
[07:51] | I can’t have some big confrontation with arthur. | 我可不能和亚瑟有正面冲突 |
[07:53] | I need this job, i… I need the money. | 我需要这份工作 我…我需要钱 |
[07:56] | Yeah, but how good would it feel to walk in there tomorrow, | 是阿 但是明天你走到他办公室 |
[07:58] | Tell him off and then quit? | 告诉他你不干了 是件多牛的事儿啊 |
[07:59] | It’s great to fantasize about, | 这样想当然感觉很棒 |
[08:01] | But nobody ever actually does it. | 但是不会有人这么干的 |
[08:03] | Gary blauman did it. | 格里·布劳曼就这么干了 |
[08:04] | Guy I used to work with, the guy’s a legend now. | 一个曾经和我共事的 那家伙的事迹现在是个传奇了 |
[08:07] | We were at the morning meeting | 我们在开晨会 |
[08:09] | and old blauman was getting reamed out but good. | 老布劳曼无端的被开了 |
[08:12] | Pretty much routine | 跟所有的晨会一样 |
[08:14] | At the morning meeting, but then, | 循例讲那些事儿 但是 |
[08:15] | On this particular day, something amazing happened. | 就在这特殊的一天 一些令人惊奇的事发生了 |
[08:18] | You made yourself look bad, | 你让你自己看起来很糟 |
[08:20] | You made this company look bad, and quite frankly, | 你让整个公司看起来很糟 或者更直接的说 |
[08:22] | You made our friends, the north koreans, look bad! | 你让我们的朋友 朝鲜人 也看起来很糟 |
[08:25] | And I’ll tell you something else, | 我要告诉你 |
[08:27] | Blauman, if you think for one moment… | 布劳曼 如果你曾有一刻考虑过… |
[08:29] | You know what, bilson? | 你知道吗 比尔森 |
[08:30] | You can kiss my ass. | 滚蛋吧你 |
[08:32] | Oh, snap. | 哇 精彩 |
[08:34] | -What? -you heard me. | -你说什么? -你听到我说的了 |
[08:36] | I don’t need to take your crap anymore. | 我不需要再听你说这些废话了 |
[08:39] | My cousin’s website went public today, | 我堂兄的网站今天上市了 |
[08:41] | And I made a pile of money on the ipo, | 我在公开上市上赚了一大笔钱 |
[08:43] | so you know what I think Of this whole damn company? | 所以 你知道我是怎么想这个垃圾公司的吗 |
[08:50] | Oh, my god. | 哦 我的天呐 |
[08:51] | He peed on the conference table? | 他在会议室的桌子上尿尿了? |
[08:55] | Come on, come on, come on, | 快尿啊 快尿啊 快尿啊 |
[08:57] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 快尿啊 快尿啊 快尿啊 快尿啊 |
[08:59] | Uh, look, could you guys just look away for a second | 听着 你们大家能不能 |
[09:02] | Till I get started? | 等我开始嘘嘘再回头看? |
[09:04] | Come on. | 快尿啊 |
[09:06] | Come on. | 快尿啊 |
[09:08] | Does this help? | 这样有帮助吗 |
[09:11] | W ur eventually, he just gave up and left. | 最终他还是放弃离开了 |
[09:13] | And then his cousin’s website tanked. | 之后他堂兄的网站也被关了 |
[09:15] | And then he became a janitor at an old folks’ home | 再之后他给一个老伙计家看门 |
[09:18] | And moved into a one-room apartment above a bowling alley. | 最后落魄到住在了一个保龄球场楼上的一个小单间里 |
[09:23] | That’s it? that’s the end of the story? | 就是这样? 这就是故事的结局? |
[09:25] | No, no, of course not– he died. | 不 不 当然不是 故事的最后是他死了 |
[09:28] | How does that help me? | 这对我有什么帮助 |
[09:30] | How does any of this help me? | 你们说的这些对我有什么帮助 |
[09:32] | Can somebody, for god’s sakes, | 谁能不能 看在上帝的份上 |
[09:34] | Please give me one piece of useful advice? | 给我一些有建设性的建议啊 |
[09:37] | Lily, control your woman. | 莉莉 管好你的女人 |
[09:40] | The lesson of blauman is that when your boss | 布劳曼德教训告诉我们当你的老板 |
[09:43] | Screams at you, you never scream back. | 对你吼叫时 你永远不能也对着他吼 |
[09:45] | That’s why there’s a little thing in corporate america | 这就是为什么在美利坚合众国里我喜欢 |
[09:47] | I like to call the chain of screaming. | 把这个叫做吼叫连锁反应 |
[09:51] | -Chain of screaming? -yes. | -吼叫连锁反应? -是阿 |
[09:52] | The chain of screaming starts at the top. | 吼叫连锁反应从最高层开始 |
[09:55] | Arthur’s boss’s boss screams at arthur’s boss. | 亚瑟的老板的老板对着亚瑟的老板吼叫 |
[09:58] | Arthur’s boss screams at arthur. | 亚瑟的老板对着亚瑟吼叫 |
[10:01] | Arthur screams at you. | 亚瑟吼你 |
[10:03] | You go home and scream at lily. | 你回到家就吼莉莉 |
[10:05] | Lily screams at one of the kids in her kindergarten class. | 莉莉就去吼她幼儿园的小孩 |
[10:10] | Then that kid screams at her dad, | 而那个小孩子就去吼她的老爸 |
[10:13] | Arthur’s boss’s boss. | 也就是亚瑟老板的老板 |
[10:15] | And the whole thing starts all over again, | 所以这样周而复始 |
[10:18] | Thus completing the circle of screaming. | 因此成为了吼叫的循环 |
[10:22] | I thought it was a chain of screaming. | 我以为是吼叫连锁反应 |
[10:23] | It’s a circle, ted, I called it a circle. | 是循环 泰德 我把那个叫循环 |
[10:26] | I don’t scream at lily. | 我没有吼莉莉 |
[10:28] | And I don’t scream at my kids, | 我也没有吼小孩子们 |
[10:30] | None of whom have parents who work at marshall’s firm. | 她们的父母又不在马修的公司上班 |
[10:32] | So it’s not a circle. | 所以根本不是循环 |
[10:34] | Fine– you want it to be a chain of screaming, | 好吧 你叫它吼叫连锁反应 |
[10:36] | It’s a chain of screaming. | 那就叫它吼叫连锁反应吧 |
[10:38] | I came up with the circle idea halfway through, | 中途时我想到了吼叫循环的主意 |
[10:40] | Cause I thought it was a more elegant metaphor, | 因为这样比喻更文雅 |
[10:41] | But fine, ruin it! | 好吧 随你们愿 毁了它吧! |
[10:43] | You guys always undermine me | 你们总是在我发表看法的时候 |
[10:45] | When I’m trying to make a point, and I’m sick of it! | 诋毁我 我受够这一切了! |
[10:48] | God, I’m surrounded by idiots! | 天哪 我和一群白痴混在一起! |
[10:50] | Idiots! | 一群大白痴! |
[10:54] | See, doesn’t everyone feel better now? | 现在大家好受点儿了吧 |
[10:57] | Lily, I need your take on this. | 莉莉 我需要你帮我出主意 |
[10:59] | What… what should I do? | 我应该怎么办 |
[11:01] | Well, what I teach my kids in kindergarten… | 在幼儿园里我教孩子们… |
[11:03] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[11:05] | Kt.is, when dealing with a bully, the most important thing | 和欺负人的人相处时 最重要的是 |
[11:08] | Is to be constructive and positive. | 要变得善提意见而且积极进取 |
[11:11] | Hello, arthur. | 你好 亚瑟 |
[11:12] | Hello, marshall. | 你好 马修 |
[11:14] | I have the ninja report right here. | 我来送忍者秘籍了 |
[11:16] | But arthur, | 但是亚瑟 |
[11:18] | In the future, if you want someone to do their best work, | 将来如果你想要手下尽全力工作的话 |
[11:21] | Try to motivate them, not with fear and intimidation, | 最好试着激励他们 不要用责骂和恐吓 |
[11:24] | But through encouragement, inspiration and respect. | 而是用奖赏 鼓励和尊重 |
[11:30] | Well said, marshall– I needed to hear that. | 说的好 马修 我正需要这样的建议 |
[11:34] | By the way, | 顺便说一声 |
[11:35] | I saw your wife’s picture in your office. | 我在你办公室里看到你夫人的照片了 |
[11:37] | That is one tasty slice. | 长得真诱人啊 |
[11:38] | Oh, you’re damn right. | 那是当然的了 |
[11:39] | You know what I’m gonna do when I get home? | 你知道回家后我要干什么吗 |
[11:42] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[11:44] | I’m gonna rip that girl’s clothes off… | 我会扯掉那个女人的衣服 |
[11:46] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[11:47] | …just throw her on the bed… | 然后把她扔到床上 |
[11:48] | That’s where she belongs. | 她就应该呆着那儿 |
[11:50] | …and drive her home like a pack of sled dogs! | 像赶雪橇犬一样让她 |
[11:57] | It’s bad, guys. | 这不好 伙计们 |
[11:59] | Mama needs it bad. | 但我现在就想玩点不一样的 |
[12:02] | You’re right, baby, it’s about respect. | 你说的对 宝贝 这是对人的尊重 |
[12:05] | That is the first useful thing anyone’s said to me tonight. | 这是今晚上第一句有用的话 |
[12:07] | Can you give me that speech again? | 你能再说一遍吗 |
[12:09] | I’m gonna drive her home like a pack of… | 我要赶着她像一群… |
[12:11] | No, the other part, please. | 不 另外一部分 |
[12:12] | I have the ninja report right here, but… | 我来送忍者秘籍了 |
[12:15] | And it seemed like that was the end of it, | 好像这就是故事的结尾了 |
[12:17] | But it wasn’t, because the next night… | 事实上不是 因为第二天晚上 |
[12:19] | Which of these carpets would look better | 哪块地毯在我们的新家里 |
[12:21] | In the new apartment? | 会更好看 |
[12:22] | I like the color of this one, but this one’s so soft. | 我喜欢这块的颜色 但是这块很柔软 |
[12:26] | It would feel great on your bare feet… | 光着脚在上面太舒服了 |
[12:28] | …or your bare back, a bead of eager sweat | 或者躺在上面 背上全是激情的汗水 |
[12:32] | Rolling down | 然后滚来滚去 |
[12:34] | Your trembling bosom. | 你抖动的胸部 |
[12:38] | Lily, didn’t we just go through this with bathroom tiles? | 莉莉 我们刚才讨论厕所地砖的时候不是决定好了吗 |
[12:45] | Shh, don’t say my name. | 嘘 别说我的名字 |
[12:46] | Lily can’t know it’s me. | 别让莉莉知道这是我 |
[12:48] | Just pretend you’re talking to stella. | 假装你在和丝戴拉讲话 |
[12:49] | Be all lovey dovey. | 装的可爱一点 |
[12:50] | Hey, stella. | 嗨 丝戴拉 |
[12:53] | Sweetie, how’s it going? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[12:55] | Not good, not good at all. | 不怎么样 一点都不好 |
[12:59] | Where are you right now? | 你现在在哪 |
[13:00] | Right downstairs, come find me. | 就在楼下 过来找我 |
[13:03] | Without lily. | 别带莉莉 |
[13:04] | Okay, I’ll see you soon. | 好 我马上去见你 |
[13:07] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:09] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[13:13] | Wow, you two are already saying the “l” word, huh? | 哇 你们已经开始谈情说”爱”了啊 |
[13:16] | Apparently. | 那是当然 |
[13:19] | You hitting that? | 有”性”致吗 |
[13:29] | I’m in trouble, ted. | 我有麻烦了 泰德 |
[13:33] | Ted, I’m freakin’ out, man. | 泰德 我彻底慌了 兄弟 |
[13:36] | Um… it’s a new car, so just be careful… | 这是新车 拜托小心点 |
[13:40] | I did something stupid– can we just drive somewhere? | 我做了件蠢事 能开到别的地方吗 |
[13:42] | I need to get away– just drive, man. | 我得离开这 开车 伙计 |
[13:43] | Please just drive. | 求求你开车 |
[13:46] | It’s just, this is a really good parking spot. | 只是 这里真的是泊车的好地方 |
[13:48] | Dude! | 你这小子! |
[13:50] | Look, just tell me what happened first. | 冷静 先告诉我怎么了 |
[13:51] | Remember how I said I was gonna give that big speech | 记不记得 我说过我要走进去把莉莉告诉我的话 |
[13:54] | That lily told me to give, be firm but respectful? | 坚定但是有礼貌的对他说出来 |
[13:56] | Well, it didn’t totally go that way. | 我完全没做到这一点 |
[13:57] | There is a lot of ketchup on that burger. | 这个汉堡的番茄酱还真多 |
[14:00] | Sorry– what happened? | 抱歉 发生了什么 |
[14:02] | After we all finished talking last night, | 我们昨晚聊过以后 |
[14:04] | I went to the diner to finish working on the ninja report. | 我去餐厅完成我的忍者秘籍 |
[14:07] | Hey, marshall. | 你好 马修 |
[14:10] | How long have you been sitting there? | 你在这坐了多久了 |
[14:12] | If you go in there with lily’s kindergarten nonsense, | 如果你要用莉莉在幼儿园里的那一套谬论 |
[14:15] | You’re gonna get torn apart. | 你会被撕个粉碎 |
[14:17] | I’m here to save your life– you hungry? | 我是来救你的命的 你饿吗 |
[14:19] | Yeah, I was just about to order. | 有点 我正准备点菜 |
[14:21] | What do you want? | 你想来点什么 |
[14:22] | A blt and gravy fries. | 一份火腿莴笋番茄三明治和肉汁薯条 |
[14:24] | Okay, friends, what do you like? | 我的朋友 想来点什么 |
[14:26] | A green tea with lemon for me, | 我要一杯柠檬绿茶 |
[14:28] | And for my friend here, the meatloaf, please. | 给我这个朋友一份猪肉方包 谢谢 |
[14:30] | Very good. | 好的 |
[14:31] | No, I didn’t want meatloaf. | 我没点猪肉方包 |
[14:34] | Marshall, the chain of screaming is a real thing. | 马修 吼叫连锁反应是真实存在的 |
[14:37] | Arthur screamed at you– now you have to scream at someone else. | 亚瑟冲着你尖叫了 现在你必须要向别人尖叫 |
[14:41] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不能 |
[14:42] | Yes, you do, or else that anger is gonna eat you alive. | 你一定要 否则愤怒会吞噬掉你 |
[14:45] | Who would I even scream at? | 我应该向谁尖叫 |
[14:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:49] | How about somebody who’s disappointed you? | 让你不满的人怎么样? |
[14:52] | Someone who’s let you down. | 那些让你失望的人 |
[14:54] | Someone who’s gonna bring you meatloaf | 那个拿给你猪肉方包的人 |
[14:56] | When you explicitly ordered a blt and gravy fries. | 而你明明要了火腿莴笋番茄三明治和肉汁薯条 |
[15:04] | No. | 我不能这么做 |
[15:06] | Hey, I was just heading to the bar. | 我正往酒吧走 |
[15:08] | What are you guys doing out here? | 你们在这做什么 |
[15:09] | Oh, I was just telling ted a story. | 我在给泰德讲故事 |
[15:10] | Ooh, I like stories. | 我爱听故事 |
[15:12] | You want a lick? | 你要来一口吗 |
[15:15] | -What? -is that ice cream cone big enough? | -怎么了 -这个冰激凌够大吗? |
[15:18] | Uh, it’s delicious enough. | 它够好吃 |
[15:20] | Okay, so… | 好吧 所以 |
[15:22] | Then I say to barney… | 我对巴尼说 |
[15:24] | I’m not gonna scream at the waiter, barney. | 我不会对一个服务生尖叫 巴尼 |
[15:26] | Yes, you are. | 你会的 |
[15:29] | That waiter is every boss and every bully | 那个服务生是你所有的上司和所有 |
[15:32] | Who ever embarrassed or belittled you. | 让你难堪或者蔑视你的恶霸 |
[15:35] | And how dare he deny you | 他怎么敢拒绝 |
[15:37] | The one thing that you want, | 现在你希望得到的 |
[15:38] | That would make you happy at this moment. | 唯一能让你高兴的东西 |
[15:40] | A blt and gravy fries. | 火腿莴笋番茄三明治和肉汁薯条 |
[15:44] | One green tea with lemon, one meatloaf. | 柠檬绿茶 猪肉方包 |
[15:47] | Enjoy, my friends. | 慢慢享用吧 朋友 |
[15:50] | Marshall. | 马修 |
[15:51] | Excuse me? | 麻烦您一下 |
[15:54] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[15:56] | This is not what I ordered. | 这不是我点的 |
[15:58] | Yes, it is. | 这就是啊 |
[16:02] | I beg your pardon, sir, | 对不起 先生 |
[16:05] | But I ordered a blt and gravy fries, | 我点的是火腿莴笋番茄三明治和肉汁薯条 |
[16:08] | And as the customer, I’m always right, so… | 而且作为顾客 我说的话永远是对的 所以… |
[16:10] | No, no, I am not going to stand here and take this! | 不 不 我才不会傻乎乎地在这站着听你瞎说呢! |
[16:14] | I am at the end of a triple shift– that’s 18 hours!– | 我现在三轮班终于要结束了 整整18个小时! |
[16:18] | And then I have | 下班后 |
[16:19] | To take two trains and a bus to astoria | 我还得坐两次火车一次公交才能回到亚士多利亚(美国奥勒冈洲) |
[16:21] | To have my wife scream at me because I’m never home. | 然后被我妻子大骂一顿 说我从来不在家 |
[16:24] | No, no, you eat your damn meatloaf! | 不行 你还是吃你那该死的猪肉方包吧! |
[16:30] | Hey, what are you guys doing out here? | 你们这帮人在这干什么呢 |
[16:32] | Oh sweet, can I get a toot? | 太棒了 我可以来一口吗 |
[16:34] | Uh-uh– against car rules, it’s against car rules! | 违反了车内规矩! 这么做违反规矩了! |
[16:36] | Oh, ted, relax, it’s cuban. | 泰德 不要这么紧张嘛 这可是古巴 |
[16:38] | People pay to have their car smell like this. | 有人还愿意花钱让自己的车有这股味儿呢 |
[16:39] | Well, that’s just not true. | 那不可能 |
[16:42] | Oh, marshall, switch seats with me. | 马修 跟我换个位子 |
[16:44] | I called shotgun for all eternity. | 永久”前座权”早就归我啦 |
[16:45] | You can’t call shotgun for eternity. | “前座权”不能总是归你 |
[16:46] | Well, that’s funny, cause I did! | 真好笑 因为它之前就归我了 |
[16:48] | It’s case by case. | 只能一次一次叫 |
[16:49] | Guys, I’m telling a life-altering story here! | 伙计们 我正在讲一个我人生转折点的故事呐! |
[16:53] | A 20% tip, really, for that waiter? | 20%的小费 给那个服务员? |
[16:55] | I don’t know, barney, he worked a triple, it just… | 我也不知道 巴尼 他轮了三次班… |
[16:58] | If you’re not gonna yell at the waiter, | 如果你不敢对那个服务员大声嚷嚷的话 |
[17:00] | Yell at me. | 冲我嚷好了 |
[17:01] | -What? -yell at me. | -什么 -冲我嚷啊 |
[17:03] | I’m not gonna yell at you, barney. | 巴尼 我不会冲你大声嚷嚷的 |
[17:05] | What, you think you’re gonna upset me? | 为什么 你想让我失望吗 |
[17:07] | Please, give me your best shot. | 拜托 你尽力而为就是了 |
[17:09] | Okay, fine– what, you want me to yell at you? | 那好吧 你真的想让我冲你大声嚷嚷啊 |
[17:10] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[17:12] | This is me yelling at you, barney. | 我现在就冲你大声嚷嚷呢 巴尼 |
[17:15] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of a butterfly | 抱歉 我听见三个街口之外有只蝴蝶 |
[17:19] | Landing on a leaf about three blocks away. | 停在一片叶子上面了 可是却听不到你说什么 |
[17:21] | This is me yelling at you, barney! | 我现在就冲你大声嚷嚷呢 巴尼! |
[17:24] | Okay, you got some volume, now give me some content. | 不错 嗓门变大了嘛 现在来点内容 |
[17:27] | Make it hurt. | 要伤人的那种 |
[17:29] | You don’t look as good in suits as you think you do! | 你穿西装才没你想象中那么好看呢! |
[17:32] | No, something that’s true– come on. | 不是这个 要说真话 再来 |
[17:33] | The man made you cry. | 想想那个让你哭的人 |
[17:35] | Make me cry. | 把我弄哭看看 |
[17:36] | Your mom’s a slut! | 你妈是个荡妇! |
[17:38] | Yes. | 好 |
[17:39] | Your mom’s a slut, and I’m sorry, barney, | 你妈是个荡妇 我很抱歉 巴尼 |
[17:42] | But you and your brother clearly have different fathers, | 但是你和你弟弟很明显不是同一父亲所生 |
[17:44] | And you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[17:46] | It’s probably because your mom is a slutty slut! | 因为你妈妈是一个非常淫荡的荡妇! |
[17:48] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[17:49] | I don’t care what you say. | 我不在乎你怎么说 |
[17:51] | Bob barker is not your father! | 鲍勃·巴克不是你的爸爸 |
[17:52] | Okay, now, well, that’s just not cool. | 好了 你说的有点过头了 |
[17:55] | Oh my god, barney, I’m so sorry… | 巴尼 实在对不起 |
[17:56] | No, I’m kidding– keep going. | 不 我开玩笑呐 继续 |
[17:58] | Bob barker’s not your father! | 鲍勃·巴克不是你的爸爸! |
[17:59] | You’ve concocted this delusional idea that a game show host | 你编造了一个荒谬的故事 |
[18:03] | Is your real father, and he’s not! | 游戏节目主持人是你的爸爸 他不是! |
[18:04] | You were abandoned, barney! | 你被抛弃了 巴尼! |
[18:07] | You were abandoned, and you never dealt with it, | 你被抛弃了 可是你从不面对现实 |
[18:09] | And so now you never allow yourself | 所以你现在不让自己真实的 |
[18:10] | To feel anything, and that’s how you survive | 感受任何事情 这就是你在群里世界的 |
[18:12] | In this corporate world, and if I keep heading | 生存方式 如果我继续在这条路上 |
[18:14] | Down this path, I’m gonna turn into you! | 走下去 我就会变成你! |
[18:16] | And I don’t want that! | 但是我不想那样! |
[18:18] | I don’t want any of this! | 我不想要这里的一切! |
[18:20] | This is not why I became a lawyer. | 这不是我成为律师的原因 |
[18:22] | This is not the person that I wanted to be. | 我不想要变成你这样的人 |
[18:25] | I quit, arthur! | 我不干了 亚瑟! |
[18:28] | I quit! | 我不干了! |
[18:32] | Well, thank you, eriksen, I needed to hear that. | 谢谢你 埃里克森 我需要听到这些 |
[18:36] | Really, ’cause I didn’t mean to attack you personally, | 真的吗 因为我没有人身攻击你的意思 |
[18:39] | It’s just that i… | 只是我… |
[18:40] | No, no, no, the part where you said, “i quit.” | 不不不 你说的”我不干了” |
[18:42] | Now we don’t have to pay you a severance package. | 现在我们就不用付你解雇费了 |
[18:46] | Uh, security’s gonna rough you up a bit on the way out. | 保安们可能会会比较粗暴地把你送出去 |
[18:56] | Robin, you dropped a little ice cream… | 罗宾 你的冰淇淋流下来了… |
[18:58] | -Dude! -dude! -dude! | -你这家伙! -你这家伙! -你这家伙! |
[18:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:00] | Don’t blame this on me, marshall. | 不能把这事怪在我身上 马修 |
[19:02] | I told you to yell at someone beneath you. | 我告诉你去吼在你之下的人 |
[19:04] | The circle of screaming is… | 吼叫循环是… |
[19:06] | The chain of scr… | 吼叫连锁… |
[19:08] | Pyramid– the pyramid of screaming! | 金字塔 吼叫金字塔! |
[19:10] | The pyramid of screaming. | 吼叫金字塔! |
[19:12] | How am I supposed to tell lily? | 我应该怎么告诉莉莉 |
[19:15] | She supported me through three years of law school, | 3年的法律时间她一直支持着我 |
[19:16] | And now is the time when I’m supposed to pay her back. | 现在是我应该报答她的时候 |
[19:20] | Now we’re gonna lose the apartment. | 现在我们的公寓要没了 |
[19:21] | The place where we were gonna raise our children. | 我们说好要在那里抚养我们的小孩 |
[19:24] | How am I supposed to tell the person who I love | 我应该怎么告诉 |
[19:26] | More than anything in this world | 这个世界上我最爱的人 |
[19:28] | That I’ve just thrown away our future? | 我把我们的未来亲手毁灭 |
[19:35] | Everybody out, everybody out of the new car! | 所有人出去 所有人从新车里出去! |
[19:37] | Out of the new car! | 从新车里出去! |
[19:38] | Ted, screaming never solves anything. | 泰德 吼叫解决不了问题 |
[19:40] | And so marshall finally had to tell lily what happened. | 所以马修不得不告诉莉莉发生了什么 |
[19:45] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:46] | I just lost it. | 我突然失去了控制 |
[19:49] | But I can fix it. | 但是我能弥补 |
[19:51] | First thing tomorrow, I’m gonna go in there | 明天第一件事 我会去那里 |
[19:53] | On my hands and knees and beg for my job back. | 跪求他 要回我的工作 |
[19:58] | No, you’re not. | 你不能这样做 |
[20:00] | What? | 什么? |
[20:02] | Marshall, our future isn’t money or an apartment. | 马修 我们的未来不是金钱或者公寓 |
[20:07] | And it’s definitely not you being miserable | 更不是要让你因为那份可怕的工作 |
[20:09] | At that horrible job. | 而让自己变的痛苦 |
[20:12] | I’m just happy to have my husband back. | 我真是高兴见到我的老公回来了 |
[20:15] | We’ll figure the rest out. | 其他的事我们会解决的 |
[20:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[20:21] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[20:25] | Ultimately, they were able to make ends meet | 最终 他们做到了收支平衡 |
[20:27] | Without going bust on the apartment. | 房子也保留了下来 |
[20:32] | You sure about this? | 你真的决定了吗 |
[20:33] | Yeah, who needs a car in new york city, right? | 是的 在纽约谁需要车啊 是吧 |
[20:38] | Ted, I don’t think I can accept… | 泰德 我想我不能接受 |
[20:41] | Marshall, don’t make me scream at you. | 马修 不要逼我嚷你啊 |
[20:46] | Thanks a lot, buddy. | 非常感谢 兄弟 |
[20:50] | You guys did it in the car, didn’t… | 你们在车里做了 对不对 |
[20:52] | Oh, yeah! | 正确 一百分! |