时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Kids: When I first moved to New York, it was dingy, disgusting, | 孩子们 我刚搬到纽约的时候 这儿邋遢得要命 让人作呕 |
[00:05] | dirty, ugly, flea-ridden, stinky and altogether terrifying, | 脏乱差不说 还跳蚤猖獗 恶臭难闻 总之就是恐怖极了 |
[00:11] | but then, the most awful thing happened– the whole city started to go uphill. | 可之后 遗憾的是 整个城市突然开始走上坡路了 |
[00:17] | The streets got a little cleaner, the rents got a little higher, | 街道干净了 房租也高了 |
[00:19] | and one by one, the crappy old places we loved began to disappear. | 紧接着我们喜欢的那些老地方 也一个接一个消失了 |
[00:24] | The Elbow Room, an old punk rock club, became a drugstore; | Elbow Room 原本是一个朋克摇滚俱乐部 现在变成了药店 |
[00:29] | McHale’s, a working-class watering hole, became a fast-food place; | McHale’s 本来是家工薪阶层酒吧 现在成了一家快餐店 |
[00:33] | and Fez, a Moroccan-themed lounge, became a bank. | Fez 一家建于1815年的百老汇剧院 现在也成了银行 |
[00:38] | And not just any bank. | 并且不是家普通的银行 |
[00:39] | Goliath National Bank. | 歌利亚国家银行 |
[00:42] | The world leader in credit and banking. | 世界信贷银行业的领军人物 |
[00:44] | God, I love Goliath National Bank! | 老天 我爱死歌利亚国家银行了! |
[00:47] | Okay, first of all, you look like the last pick in the draft. | 好了 首先 你怎么跟中大奖了一样 |
[00:50] | And, uh, second, why are you so excited about some bank? | 其次 你干嘛对一个银行这么感兴趣? |
[00:53] | Our company just bought them out in a ruthless takeover. | 我们公司刚刚毫不留情地 把他们给收购了 |
[00:56] | Took two months. Cost 2,000 jobs. | 花了两个月 2000个员工的饭碗丢了 |
[01:00] | It was brutal. | 太血淋淋了 |
[01:02] | Who wants a T-shirt? | 谁想要T恤? |
[01:04] | Hey, Marshall, they’re hiring in the legal department. | 嘿 Marshall 法律部门在招人 |
[01:07] | I could get you a job. | 我能帮你找份工作 |
[01:08] | Barney, Marshall didn’t quit his last soul-sucking corporate job just to go work at a bank. | Barney Marshall辞掉那份出卖灵魂的工作 可不是为了要到银行打工 |
[01:13] | He’s gonna be an environmental lawyer. | 他要做一名为环保事业奋斗的律师 |
[01:16] | That was the plan, anyway. | 计划的确是这样的啦 |
[01:18] | Over the next few weeks, Marshall went on a lot of interviews. | 那之后的几个礼拜 Marshall参加了很多面试 |
[01:20] | You are confident, you are energetic, you are focused! | 你有自信 有活力 有够专注! |
[01:25] | A lot of interviews. | 很多面试 |
[01:27] | You are flexible on salary, you’re willing to compromise, you’re not gonna cry this time. | 你可以接受薪水的浮动 可以做出让步 这次你绝不会哭 |
[01:34] | Too many interviews. | 非常多的面试 |
[01:36] | You are sad, you are beaten down, you will get through this, | 你真可悲 你失败了 可你会撑过去的 |
[01:41] | come home, get in your big underpants and take a nap. | 回家去 换上你的短裤衩 好好打个盹 |
[01:47] | Which brings us to September 29, the night of the burger. | 说到这 不得不提9月29号的汉堡之夜 |
[01:51] | So, um, what do you guys want to do for dinner? | 大家想吃点啥? |
[01:53] | Oh, we just got a new cook. | 噢 我们新来了个厨子 |
[01:55] | You have to try the burger– it’s amazing. | 你们一定要试试汉堡 棒极了 |
[01:57] | Oh, great– we’ll take five of those. | 那好吧 来五个汉堡 |
[01:58] | Five burgers. | 五个汉堡 |
[01:59] | Whoa, um, really? You-you want to eat here? | 等下 你确定要在这儿吃? |
[02:02] | Yeah, I’m freaking starving. | 是啊 我快饿死了 |
[02:03] | I just finished a seven-day cleanse. | 我刚结束了我的7日减肥疗程 |
[02:05] | I thought you just started that yesterday. | 你不是昨天才开始吗? |
[02:06] | I finished early, okay? | 我提前结束了 不行啊 |
[02:08] | Five of those. Five burgers. | – 五个 – 五个汉堡 |
[02:10] | Whoa, um, wait. What about sushi? | 等等 要不吃寿司? |
[02:12] | – Oh, we had sushi last night. – Italian. | – 哦 我们昨晚就是吃寿司 – 意大利菜 |
[02:14] | I had Italian for lunch. | 我中午吃的意大利餐 |
[02:15] | – I can come back. – No. We always do this. | – 我可以一会儿再来 – 别 我们总是这样 |
[02:17] | We spend an hour arguing about where to eat, and then we end up eating here anyway. | 花上一个小时商量吃什么 可最后还是要在这儿吃 |
[02:20] | I haven’t eaten for two days. | 我两天没吃东西了 |
[02:22] | Can we please, for the love of God, just order something now? | 可不可以拜托大家可怜可怜我 随便点点东西吧 |
[02:28] | Chinese? | 中国菜? |
[02:30] | I don’t like Chinese. | 我不喜欢中国菜 |
[02:31] | Indian? | 那印度菜呢? |
[02:32] | I just said I don’t like Chinese. | 我说了不吃中国菜 |
[02:34] | Indian isn’t Chinese. | 印度菜又不是中国菜 |
[02:35] | Weird meats, funny music, side of rice. | 都是些奇怪的肉 搞笑的音乐 配上白米饭 |
[02:37] | Why are we splitting hairs? | 分那么清楚干嘛? |
[02:40] | Mexican? | 墨西哥呢? |
[02:41] | I just said I don’t like Chinese. | 我说了不吃中国菜 |
[02:43] | Oh, God. | 哦 老天爷 |
[02:56] | How I Met Your Mother Season04 Episode02 | |
[02:57] | ONE HOUR LATER | 1小时过后 |
[02:58] | Robin, yours will be right out. | Robin 你的那份过会上 |
[03:01] | Of course, mine comes last. | 当然了 我的总是最后 |
[03:06] | Go ahead, start without me. | 吃吧 不用等我了 |
[03:07] | – Sweet! – That’s so kind of you. | – 太好了! – 你真好 |
[03:14] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的神啊 |
[03:16] | This burger is so good. | 这汉堡太棒了 |
[03:18] | It’s like Christmas in my mouth– meat Christmas. | 好比嘴里的圣诞节–“圣肉节” |
[03:22] | It’s like an angel from heaven landed in the kitchen at MacLaren’s. | 就像跌入麦克劳伦厨房的小天使 (MacLaren 家居厨卫用品品牌) |
[03:27] | Where the chef killed it and ran it through the meat grinder. | 厨师用研磨机将它大卸八块 |
[03:30] | I love this burger so much, I want to sew my ass shut. | 这个汉堡实在是太好吃了 我都舍不得把它排泄出去… |
[03:37] | It’s okay. | 还好了 |
[03:38] | – Are you kidding me? – Guys, guys, guys. | – 你搞什么? – 伙计们 |
[03:40] | When you’ve had the best burger in New York City, every other burger tastes like my grandpa’s feet. | 你只要吃过纽约最好吃的汉堡 就知道世上的 其他汉堡都只是我爷爷的干瘪脚丫而已 |
[03:45] | But you guys eat up, enjoy my grandpa’s feet. | 你们还是接着吃吧 尽情享受我爷爷的臭脚丫 |
[03:49] | Oh, and you’ve had the best burger in New York. | 哦 你吃过纽约最好的汉堡? |
[03:52] | It was eight years ago, my first week in New York, | 那是八年前了 我初到纽约的第一个星期 |
[03:56] | and for a kid from Minnesota, the big city was a scary place. | 对于一个从明尼苏达的乡下小伙而言 整个城市都有点让人毛骨悚然 |
[03:58] | EIGHT YEARS EARLIER | 8年前 |
[04:06] | Oh, thank God it’s just you. | 谢天谢地是你 |
[04:07] | You are being ridiculous. | 你有点神经质了啊 |
[04:09] | Tell me you left the apartment today. | 告诉我你今天出过门了吧 |
[04:10] | Why would I have to leave? | 我干嘛要出去? |
[04:11] | I can have anything I want delivered, and New York City cable is awesome. | 我想要啥都能送货上门 况且纽约的有线电视也挺好看的 |
[04:15] | Have you seen this public access show with the old Jewish lady in a bikini? | 你看过讲这个穿着比基尼的犹太 老女人的公众节目没? |
[04:17] | It’s, it’s disgusting. | 实在是 太恶心了 |
[04:19] | Marshall, you have to get over this paranoia. | Marshall你不能再这么疑神疑鬼了 |
[04:21] | You are not gonna get mugged. | 你不会被打劫的 |
[04:23] | Well, what if I do, Ted, all right? I don’t have a switchblade. | 那要真被打劫了咋办呢? 我身上友没有防身的刀片 |
[04:25] | I don’t, I don’t know how to, how to break-dance and win the begrudging respect of a street gang. | 我不知道该怎么耍霹雳 去让帮派混混们刮目相看 |
[04:29] | All right, that’s it, you’re taking a walk. Come on, go. | 好了 够了够了 你出去转转吧 快走 |
[04:31] | No. Look, the old lady in a bikini is back on. | 不 瞧 比基尼老女人又上场了 |
[04:33] | – I’m just gonna lie back and get comfortable. – Go! Go outside, go, go. | – 我只想舒舒服服地躺回去 – 快走! 快出去 |
[04:37] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:42] | – Leave the bat. – Fine. | – 球棒留下 – 知道了! |
[04:45] | So I went for a walk in the big, scary city. | 于是我就朝着这个可怕的 大都市走了过去 |
[04:48] | And I discovered something amazing: it wasn’t scary at all. | 并且发现了一件事 其实一点也不可怕 |
[04:52] | All right. | 你好吗 |
[04:54] | What’s the word? | 什么来着? |
[04:56] | Your search is over! | 你终于找到了你想要的! |
[04:58] | And then, right when I started to get a little hungry, I turned a corner… | 之后 正当我觉得有点饿的时候 我来到了一个拐角… |
[05:05] | and there it was. | 就在那儿 |
[05:07] | The tiniest little burger joint you ever saw, | 那是我所见过最小的汉堡小店 |
[05:09] | tucked between a taxidermist and a triple-X bookstore. | 夹在一家标本店跟 一家某某某书店中间 |
[05:12] | Name two places where things get stuffed. | 两个东西上架的地方 (get stuffed 也有滚开之意) |
[05:16] | So, I went inside. | 于是 我就进去了 |
[05:20] | And I ordered the burger. | 点了一个汉堡 |
[05:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:06] | Ted. Ted, you got to wake up. Ted, wake… | Ted Ted 快醒醒 Ted 快醒… |
[06:11] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. Are you okay? | 哦 上帝 对不起 你没事儿吧? |
[06:13] | I’m all right. | 没事 |
[06:16] | Ted. Ted, I’ve just had the most amazing burger of my life! | Ted Ted 我刚吃了这辈子最好吃的汉堡! |
[06:19] | It’s this awesome little place, Regis Philbin eats there, | 一个很棒的小地方 Regis Philbin在那吃过 (脱口秀主持人) |
[06:21] | so it’s sort of like a celebrity hot spot. | 所以也是个名人场所 |
[06:23] | But the burger, Ted. The burger. | 不过关键是汉堡 Ted 汉堡 |
[06:26] | Dude. I want one of those burgers right now! | 老兄 我现在就想来个那里的汉堡! |
[06:28] | Do you think they’re still open? | 现在关门没? |
[06:30] | I don’t know. Does stuff in New York stay open past… 9:30? | 不知道 纽约的店子 九点半钟之后关门吗? |
[06:34] | So we went out to get another burger. | 于是我们想再出去买汉堡 |
[06:36] | But after hours of searching… | 可是找了好几个小时… |
[06:38] | Damn it! Where is this place? | 见鬼! 上哪儿去了? |
[06:40] | You couldn’t find it? | 找不到了吗? |
[06:41] | We didn’t know our way around. | 我们完全弄不清方向了 |
[06:42] | Just getting back to the apartment took us three hours and one very helpful drag queen. | 我们花了三个小时才回家 还是多亏了那个男扮女装的家伙 |
[06:46] | Wait, Betty Noir was a drag queen? | 等等 Betty Noir是男扮女装的? |
[06:50] | Well, where do you think it was? | 那你们觉得它上哪儿去了? |
[06:51] | Probably tucked between her legs. | 也许在她两腿之间吧 |
[06:55] | You know what’s not a drag? | 知道什么不忽悠吗? (drag queen中drag也有忽悠之意) |
[06:56] | Getting a home equity loan at Goliath National Bank. | 到歌利亚国家银行 办一份家庭资产贷款吧 |
[06:58] | I’m just saying. | 随便说说 |
[07:00] | Anyways, um, we never found the place. | 总之 我们是再也没有找到过那个地方 |
[07:02] | Now, eight years have passed, still… | 如今 8年过去了 还是… |
[07:06] | no burger. | 吃不上像样的汉堡 |
[07:09] | I couldn’t help but overhear. | 我不是有意听你们谈话的 |
[07:11] | Okay, here we go. | 好吧… 又来了 |
[07:13] | I know the place you’re talking about. | 我知道你们说的地方 |
[07:14] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[07:15] | It’s a place called the Corner Bistro. | 那地方叫Corner Bistro |
[07:18] | Great burger. | 最好的汉堡 |
[07:19] | Oh, the Corner Bistro! | 哦 原来是Corner Bistro啊! |
[07:23] | It’s amazing, I spent a quarter of my life searching for the best burger in New York City, | 太奇妙了 我花了人生的四分之一时间 在纽约城里寻找最好的汉堡 |
[07:27] | but silly me, it never occurred to me to check the highest-rated burger in the Zagat guide. | 我真是笨呐 怎么没想到去 Zagat咨询里查查排名最高的汉堡是啥 |
[07:32] | Wow, thanks a lot, guy. | 真是多谢你了 伙计 |
[07:34] | Let me return the favor. | 那我也来帮你个忙吧 |
[07:35] | Um, great cup of coffee: Starbucks. | 最好的咖啡是星巴克 |
[07:43] | So I take it you’ve tried the Corner Bistro. | 那你就是试过Corner Bistro咯 |
[07:46] | Robin, I’ve tried every so-called best burger in New York City trying to find that burger. | Robin 为了找到那个汉堡… 又或者是忘掉她… |
[07:53] | Or at least forget about her. | 我去过城里每家自诩拥有 最好汉堡的店 |
[07:56] | Corner Bistro CORNER BISTRO | |
[08:01] | Paul’s Place PAUL’S PLACE | |
[08:05] | “21” “21” | |
[08:10] | Veggie Heaven VEGGIE HEAVEN | |
[08:12] | We’re going. | 我们走吧 |
[08:15] | But none of those places even came close. | 都没一家沾上边的 |
[08:17] | Hey, there was that one time we thought we had a break in the case, remember? | 嘿 有一次我们以为我们终于可以有突破了 还记得吗? |
[08:20] | Get this. | 听好了 |
[08:21] | You know who works out at my gym? | 你知道我在健身房看见谁了吗? |
[08:23] | Regis Philbin Regis Philbin. | |
[08:25] | The autographed picture. | (在汉堡店)留签名的家伙 |
[08:27] | Of course I remember the place. | 我当然记得那地方啦 |
[08:29] | It was the best burger I ever had. | 那是我吃过最好的汉堡 |
[08:31] | I still have dreams about this burger. | 我到现在还常做那个汉堡的梦呢 |
[08:33] | Beautiful, haunting dreams! | 魂牵梦萦啊! |
[08:36] | I wake up at night screaming, “Get out of my head, burger! Get out!” | 夜里我经常会说着这样的梦话醒来 “滚出去 汉堡!给我滚出去!” |
[08:40] | That’s the one, Mr. Philbin. | 就是那个 Philbin先生 |
[08:42] | Do you remember where it is? | 记得在哪儿吗? |
[08:43] | No! I never wrote it down. | 不记得了!我没写下来 |
[08:45] | But not a day goes by that I don’t regret it. | 自那过后我没有一天不在后悔的 |
[08:49] | Why? Why? Do you know where it is? | 怎么了? 你知道在哪儿吗? |
[08:51] | And if you tell me it’s at the Corner Bistro, I’m gonna smack you right in the face! | 如果你告诉我是Corner Bistro的话 小心我打你! |
[08:54] | No, we don’t, we don’t know where it is. | 不 我们不知道在哪儿 |
[08:56] | Listen, Blondie! Don’t mess with me! | 听着 小黄毛! 别给我添乱! |
[08:59] | Daddy needs his meat. | 爹地要吃那汉堡! |
[09:00] | I don’t know where it is, Regis, I swear! | 我真不知道在哪儿 Regis 我发誓! |
[09:04] | What about you, Lurch? | 你呢 衰仔? |
[09:06] | And what about you, satchel-mouth? | 你呢 小包嘴? |
[09:10] | This is my cell. | 这是我电话 |
[09:11] | You find that burger, you call me day or night. | 找到汉堡立刻通知我 不管什么时候 |
[09:14] | Okay, Regis, we will, we will. | 好的 Regis 一定 一定 |
[09:16] | All right, so what are you waiting for? Get out and find the burger! | 好了 你们还干站着干嘛? 还不快去找汉堡! |
[09:18] | – All right, all right. – Let’s go, all of you! | – 好的 好的 – 快去! |
[09:22] | That’s where my story ends. | 故事就这么告一段落了 |
[09:24] | Now I’m doomed to walk the earth forever searching for that green door | 我想即使我走遍全世界 也找不到那扇小绿门 |
[09:28] | and that red neon sign that says “Burger.” | 看不见那个写着”汉堡”的红色 霓虹招牌了 |
[09:31] | Green door, red neon sign that says “Burger?” | 绿门 写着”汉堡”的红色霓虹招牌? |
[09:33] | – Yeah. – I know that place. | – 是啊 – 我知道那地方 |
[09:34] | I’ve walked by it a million times. It’s on West 12th, right off of 7th. | 那地方我经过无数次了 在西12大道 7大道往右拐 |
[09:38] | I knew it was on a numbered street! | 我就知道在一条带数字的街上! |
[09:41] | – Finally. – No! Robin! | – 终于来了 – 不! Robin! |
[09:43] | If any of us is gonna eat a burger tonight, it’s gonna be the best burger in New York. | 今天晚上要吃汉堡 也得吃全纽约最好的 |
[09:48] | – We’re going downtown! – No… | – 我们进城去! – 不… |
[09:56] | believe we’re finally gonna have this burger. | 难以置信我们终于能吃上那汉堡了 |
[09:59] | Honey, I’m so excited for you. | 宝贝 我太为你高兴了 |
[10:01] | After all these interviews, after all these disappointments, | 经历了这么多面试 这么多失望 |
[10:04] | you deserve a triumphant mouth full of meat. | 你是该好好地吃上一口 |
[10:07] | You know what else is a mouthful? | 知道还有什么是一口嘛? (这里指��嗦) |
[10:09] | All that double-talk other banks give you. | 其他银行对你的含糊其辞满嘴胡言 |
[10:11] | At Goliath, customer satisfaction is our most important investment. | 而在歌利亚 顾客的满意 是我们最重要的投资 |
[10:15] | Barney, I hate to break this to you, but working for a bank’s kind of lame. | Barney 我不想打击你 但在银行工作有点逊 |
[10:19] | Oh, yeah. | 可不是嘛 |
[10:20] | How lame is free automatic bill pay, Lil? | 免费自动付账单逊不逊 Lil? |
[10:23] | How lame is 3. 3% APY online savings? | 网上存款年收益3.3%逊不逊? |
[10:26] | Yeah! That’s right. | 是的 没有错 |
[10:28] | Hate to make you look stupid in front of your friends, but you left me no choice. | 抱歉让你在朋友面前颜面尽失 但这是你逼我的 |
[10:33] | we should probably call Regis. | 我们该打给Regis |
[10:35] | Reg… Oh, that guy scares me. | Reg… 我怕这家伙 |
[10:38] | I think I’ll leave him a text. | 我想还是发短信好了 |
[10:39] | Now, Kathy, your last flip was heads. | Kathy 刚才一掷是人头那面 |
[10:42] | The one before that was tails. | 再之前那次是字那面 |
[10:43] | You polled the audience, they came out split, 50/50. | 你求助观众 他们的选择是一半一半 |
[10:47] | No help at all there. | 完全帮不到你 |
[10:48] | So, for $258,000… | 为了25万8千元的奖金… |
[10:53] | I have to ask you, Kathy, what’s it gonna be: heads… or… | 我要问你 Kathy 你要选哪个 人头还是… |
[11:01] | Excuse me. Oh, boy. I-I’ve got to go. I’ve got to go! | 抱歉 老天 我得走了 得赶紧走 |
[11:08] | Green door, red neon sign. Guys, this is the place. | 绿色大门 红色霓虹灯标志 伙计们 就是这地方 |
[11:12] | Oh, n-no, I’ve actually, I’ve actually, um, I prepared a few words. | 不 其实呢 我准备说几句话 |
[11:15] | I will eat your hand. | 我饿到要吃你的手了 |
[11:16] | All right, well, let’s just go inside then. Shall we? | 这样啊 那进去好了 |
[11:19] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[11:20] | Yours will be right out. | 你的那份请稍等 |
[11:24] | Please, go ahead, start. | 得了 你们吃吧 开动吧 |
[11:26] | Oh, no… | 哎呀 这样… |
[11:27] | – Just shut up and eat. – All right. | – 闭嘴赶快吃 – 好吧 |
[11:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[11:34] | I’m never brushing my teeth again unless it’s with a toothbrush made from this burger. | 我再也不刷牙了 除非牙刷也是用这汉堡做的 |
[11:40] | I think I just had my first burg-asm. | 我想我刚经历了人生中的第一次汉堡高潮 |
[11:43] | I want… | 我想… |
[11:45] | to take this burger out to dinner, then maybe a movie, then take it back to my place, | 把这汉堡带出去 然后一起看个电影 再带回我家 |
[11:51] | put on a little Terence Trent D’arby, and then I would just… | 然后放点Terence Trent D’arby的音乐 之后我就… |
[11:56] | fool around a little bit. | 稍稍乱搞一下关系 |
[11:57] | Nothing serious– just take it slow, you know? | 随便玩玩…放慢脚步 明白不 |
[12:01] | – This isn’t it. – What? | – 不是这个 – 什么? |
[12:03] | It’s not it. | 真的不是 |
[12:04] | Okay, Marshall, you might not want to hear this, but… | Marshall 也许你不想听我说这些… |
[12:07] | is it at all possible this is the same burger you had eight years ago, | 有没有可能这就是你八年前 吃的同样的汉堡 |
[12:09] | only it could never live up to your ridiculously high expectations? | 只是你的期望过高 所以变得有些无理取闹呢 |
[12:12] | I mean, it is just a burger. | 我觉得不过是个汉堡 |
[12:14] | Just a burger? Just a burger? | 不过是个汉堡? 不过是个汉堡? |
[12:18] | Robin, it’s so much more than just a burger. | Robin 这可不仅仅是个汉堡 |
[12:22] | I, I mean, that first bite– oh, what heaven that first bite is. | 咬下第一口… 感觉置身于天堂 |
[12:29] | The bun, like a sesame – freckled breast of an angel, | 汉堡胚宛若洒满芝麻粒的天使乳房 |
[12:33] | resting gently on the ketchup and mustard below. | 下面静静的安放着番茄酱和芥末 |
[12:36] | Flavors mingling in a seductive pas de deux. | 味道混合而成一场极具诱惑力的双人舞蹈 |
[12:40] | And then… | 然后… |
[12:43] | a pickle– the most playful little pickle, and then a slice of tomato, | 是酸黄瓜 最具趣味的小小酸黄瓜 然后是一片番茄 |
[12:50] | a leaf of lettuce, and a, a patty of ground beef so exquisite… | 再加一片生菜 以及细腻精致的一片牛肉饼 |
[12:58] | swirling in your mouth, breaking apart and combining again | 味道在你的嘴里打转 分开又融合 |
[13:01] | in a fugue of sweets and savories so… | 味道如此甜美可口… |
[13:06] | delightful. | 令人心旷神怡 |
[13:07] | This is no mere sandwich of grilled meat and toasted bread, Robin. | 这绝不仅仅是烤肉三明治和吐司面包 Robin |
[13:12] | This is God speaking to us through food. | 这是上帝通过食物与我们进行的对话 |
[13:19] | And you got our wedding vows off the Internet. | 你既然这么有才 当初还从网上下结婚宣言 |
[13:23] | Okay, uh, look, so, so this, this isn’t the place. | 好吧 不是这里 |
[13:26] | All right, it’s no big deal. | 行了 也没什么大不了 |
[13:27] | It’s another place with a green door and a red neon sign that says “Burger.” | 是另一个绿色大门 红色霓虹灯 写着”汉堡”的地方而已 |
[13:32] | I’ll just, uh, I’ll call every restaurant in Manhattan and ask ’em what color their door is. | 我会给曼哈顿每间餐馆打电话 问清大门的颜色 |
[13:37] | No big deal, right? Let’s do this. | 小事一桩 对吧 就这么做吧 |
[13:44] | I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this isn’t just about a burger. | 我也要出去独自嚷嚷这不仅仅是个汉堡 |
[13:48] | Marshall’s not doing so well, guys. | Marshall最近不太好 伙计们 |
[13:50] | He really needs to get a job. | 他真的需要工作了 |
[13:52] | Tell them about the underpants. | 跟他们说说内裤的事 |
[13:54] | What about the underpants? | 啥内裤的事? |
[13:57] | It started a couple of weeks ago. | 事情开始于几周前 |
[14:00] | Heads! It’s going to be heads. | 人头! 肯定是人头面! |
[14:02] | It’s almost usually heads. | 总是人头的嘛 |
[14:05] | Hey, baby. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[14:08] | Did you put on pants today? | 你今天穿过裤子了没 |
[14:10] | Nope. | 没 |
[14:13] | It was funny at first, but then it became a daily thing. | 起初还挺有趣 但后来几乎成了日常惯例 |
[14:17] | I thought, “Okay, well, at least he’s not leaving the house like that.” | 我想”至少他没穿这样出门去” |
[14:21] | Then, one day, he opened the door to get the paper. | 之后 有天他直接打开门去拿报纸 |
[14:25] | Day after that, went downstairs to get the mail. | 再后来 走到楼下去拿信 |
[14:29] | Everyone’s got an underpants radius. | 每个人都有自己的内裤半径 |
[14:31] | For most of us, it’s the distance from the bedroom to the bathroom, | 我们大部分人的范围仅限于 从卧室到卫生间 |
[14:35] | but as your self – esteem gets smaller, your underpants radius gets bigger. | 随着羞耻心的减小 内裤半径会越来越大 |
[14:40] | How big is Marshall’s underpants radius? | 那Marshall的内裤半径究竟多大? |
[14:44] | We’re going. | 我们走吧 |
[14:52] | Come on, Lily, he’ll find a job eventually. | 好了 Lily 他总有天会找到工作的 |
[14:54] | You know, Lil, when times are tough, I like to remember the uplifting words of my favorite song. | 知道吗Lil 当世事险恶时 我会记起那首我最爱的歌曲 |
[14:59] | * We’ll be on your side when you need a friend * | * 当你需要朋友 我们常伴你左右 * |
[15:03] | * Through thick and thin * | * 不顾任何困难险阻 * |
[15:04] | * You can always depend * | * 可以一直让你依靠 * |
[15:07] | * On the world leaders In credit and banking…* | * 世界贷款和银行业的典范 * |
[15:13] | * Goliath National Bank.* | * 歌利亚国家银行 * |
[15:17] | Member FDIC. | 联邦储蓄保险公司会员哦 |
[15:20] | We’ve got to find Marshall that burger. | 我们得帮Marshall找到那个汉堡 |
[15:22] | Lily, I think we’re all eating that burger. | Lily 我想我们已经吃到了 |
[15:24] | I’m not eating that burger. | 我可没吃 |
[15:25] | No, if Marshall says this isn’t the burger, this isn’t the burger. | 不 如果Marshall说不是 那就不是 |
[15:28] | Finally. | 总算来了 |
[15:29] | – Excuse me. – Yes. | – 不好意思 – 什么事 |
[15:30] | Did you guys change cooks or something? | 你们是不是换厨师了或者什么的 |
[15:32] | Because my husband was here five years ago, and he’s pretty sure he had a different burger. | 因为我丈夫肯定几年前 来这里吃的味道不同 |
[15:37] | Yeah, we get this a lot. | 我们经常碰到这事 |
[15:38] | This place is modeled after this other place uptown with the same green door and “Burger” sign. | 这个店是按照住宅区的另一间店建的 也是绿色大门和”汉堡”标志 |
[15:41] | What? Uptown? Where? | 啥? 住宅区? 在哪 |
[15:43] | 106th and Manhattan Avenue. | 曼哈顿区106大道 |
[15:50] | Damn it. | 真该死 |
[15:52] | 106 A numbered street. Of course. | 106大道 数字街道 没错 |
[15:57] | Barney Stinson. | 我是Barney Stinson |
[15:58] | Barney, where the hell are you? | Barney 你死哪去了? |
[16:01] | I’m sorry, this is… | 不好意思 请问你是… |
[16:03] | Regis. I’m at the place. | Regis 我到那边了 |
[16:04] | Oh, Regis, of course. | Regis 可不是嘛 |
[16:06] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I forgot to call you. | 对不起 对不起 我忘记打给你了 |
[16:08] | That’s not the place. | 不是那个地方 |
[16:09] | The real place is on 106th and Manhattan Avenue. | 真正的地方是在曼哈顿区106大道上 |
[16:12] | We’re headed there right now. | 我们已经开车去那了 |
[16:13] | What? Uptown? | 啥 住宅区? |
[16:19] | Fine, fine, I’ll be there in 20. | 好吧好吧 我20分钟后到 |
[16:21] | If you get there first, medium rare. | 如果你先到那里 给我来个半生半熟的 |
[16:24] | – Onions? – Onions? | – 加洋葱吗? – 加洋葱? |
[16:26] | Okay, no onions. | 好吧 不加 |
[16:27] | Stop the cab! | 快停车! |
[16:33] | Wait. This is it. | 等下 就是这里 |
[16:36] | Your search is over. | 你已经找到你想要的了! |
[16:38] | – We got girls taking off their clothes. – This is it. | – 这里有脱衣女孩 – 就是这里 |
[16:52] | One of 9,000 convenient locations. | 9千个的方便网点 |
[17:01] | It was, it was right on this very spot. | 就是在这里的 |
[17:04] | I don’t understand. Where is the burger place? | 我想不通 卖汉堡的地方去了哪 |
[17:07] | It’s not a burger place anymore; it’s a… Goliath National Bank ATM. | 这里不再是汉堡店了 变成了 歌利亚国家银行提款机 |
[17:09] | W-Well, that’s fine. Let’s just eat here. | 挺好 我们就在这里吃吧 |
[17:12] | We can’t eat here. It’s an ATM. | 不能在这里吃 这是提款机 |
[17:14] | But food. | 但也有能吃的东西 |
[17:16] | Ow, ow, hey, what the–? | 嘿 你要干吗… |
[17:19] | This is your fault, you and your stupid bank. | 全是你的错 你和你的白痴银行 |
[17:21] | – You did this. – It’s not my– stop, okay. | – 全是你一手造成的 – 不怪我…行了 |
[17:24] | Stop that, Lily. | 住手吧 Lily |
[17:25] | I will never use a Goliath ATM ever again. | 我绝对不会用歌利亚提款机 |
[17:28] | Goliath National Bank sucks. | 歌利亚国家银行糟透了 |
[17:31] | It’s the worst bank on the face of the earth. | 是地球上最烂的银行 |
[17:33] | Attention, New Yorkers, this bank sucks! They suck! | 大家听着 纽约人 这家银行逊啊 太逊了 |
[17:38] | – Aw, geez.Marshall, will you just tell her already? – They suck, suck, suck! | – 天啊 Marshall 你干嘛不告诉她? – 逊透了 烂毙了 |
[17:41] | Tell me what? | 告诉我啥 |
[17:44] | Tell me what? | 告诉我啥 |
[17:46] | I got a job. | 我找到工作了 |
[17:48] | What? Where? | 什么 在哪 |
[17:50] | Goliath National Bank. | 在歌利亚国家银行 |
[17:52] | That’s why Barney’s been going on and on about how, how great Goliath is. | 所以Barney才一直说那些 说歌利亚有多好 |
[17:55] | He wanted you to be excited for me since we’re going to be working there together. | 他希望你替我感到高兴 我们要一起工作了 |
[17:58] | Well, technically not together. | 技术上来讲不算一起 |
[18:00] | You won’t have access to my floor. | 你可没有资格到我的那层楼 |
[18:04] | But you want to be an environmental lawyer. | 但你想做的是一名环境律师 |
[18:06] | Yeah, you know, and I also want to be a Harlem Globetrotter and get paid in candy, but… | 我还想加入哈林篮球组织换糖吃呢 但… |
[18:11] | in the meantime, I need a job, and this is, this is a really good one. | 与此同时 我需要工作 这的确是好工作 |
[18:15] | It’s great pay and there’s good benefits, and to be honest, | 高薪高福利 而且老实讲 |
[18:21] | it gives me a reason to put on pants in the morning. | 这也让我有理由在早上穿上裤子 |
[18:24] | You know, I have my whole life to save the planet, but right now I’m, | 我有一生的时间来拯救地球 但此时此刻 |
[18:26] | I’m kind of really excited to wear pants again. | 我真的有些期待再次穿上裤子的感觉了 |
[18:29] | You’ve got great pants. | 你的裤子很好看的 |
[18:32] | – I love you. – I love you. | – 我爱你 – 我也爱你 |
[18:35] | Robin, no. | Robin 别这样 |
[18:36] | – Give it. – They’re unopened. – Give it. | – 还没打开过的 |
[18:38] | – They’re barbecue. – Give it! | – 烤肉味的 – 拿过来 |
[18:40] | I’m sorry you didn’t get your burger. | 抱歉你没能吃到汉堡 |
[18:43] | It’s stupid. I think about that first week in New York. You know? | 这想法很傻 我想到了来纽约的第一周 |
[18:46] | I was 22 years old. | 我当时22岁 |
[18:48] | I had my whole future ahead of me. | 我有光明的前途 |
[18:51] | I guess I just kind of thought that if I could have that burger one more time | 我只是觉得如果我能再吃一次汉堡 |
[18:55] | and feel that way for one more night, that I might be able to check that off the list, | 再感受下那晚的感觉 我也许能告别过去 |
[18:59] | and grow up, go work for the stupid bank, and just be happy. | 成长起来 去那间蠢银行上班 开开心心每一天 |
[19:05] | You know, that burger place isn’t gone. | 知道吗 汉堡店还在 |
[19:07] | It just moved to a new location. | 只是搬了个地方 |
[19:09] | And I can tell you where that is for a hundred bucks. | 我可以告诉你们在那里 但要给我100块 |
[19:12] | A hundred bucks? That’s crazy. | 100块? 简直是疯了 |
[19:16] | Let’s pay the man. | 我们掏钱吧 |
[19:18] | – I paid for the cab. – I don’t have any cash. | – 我的钱付出租车了 – 我没带现金 |
[19:19] | I haven’t worked since March. | 我从三月起就失业了 |
[19:20] | Wow, if only there were an easy, convenient way to get some cash right now. | 有一种既简单又方便的方法 来立刻提取现金 |
[19:36] | Member FDIC. | 联邦储蓄保险公司会员哦 |
[19:39] | So we paid the guy, and 20 minutes later… | 然后我们付了钱 20分钟后… |
[19:43] | All right, Marshall, remember. | 好了 Marshall 记住此刻 |
[19:45] | It might not taste as good. | 也许味道不如当初 |
[19:47] | This place has changed, you’ve changed, New York has changed. | 地方变了 你也变了 整个纽约都变了 |
[19:49] | Just… don’t get your hopes up too high, okay? | 别抱太大希望 好吗 |
[20:03] | – This is it. – Yes! | – 就是这个味 – 好耶 |
[20:05] | It’s exactly the same. | 一模一样的味道 |
[20:07] | It’s the best burger in New York. | 这是纽约最棒的汉堡 |
[20:09] | Go ahead, eat up, eat up. | 继续 吃吧 吃吧 |
[20:11] | And so, after finally tasting again the burger he’d craved for so many years, | 所以 在终于再次品尝过他 这么些年朝思暮想的汉堡后 |
[20:16] | Marshall got up the next morning, put on some pants, and went to work, and he never looked back. | Marshall第二天早上起床 穿上裤子便去上班 再也没有往回看 |
[20:27] | I want to get tiny fitted sheets for this burger, | 我真想用这汉堡铺成床 |
[20:30] | and just crawl into this bun, get all cozy, and die there. | 滚在汉堡胚上 温温软软的死在这上面 |
[20:35] | Oh, my God. I just want you inside of me. | 老天 我真想你填满我 |
[20:40] | This feels so good. | 真是好吃啊 |
[20:42] | I’m worried I’m gonna get this burger pregnant. | 真担心我会让这个汉堡怀孕 |
[20:45] | If he does get that burger pregnant, I have dibs on the delicious burger babies. | 如果他真能让汉堡怀孕 我也有权索要汉堡的宝宝 |
[20:52] | – This isn’t it. – What? | – 不是这个味道 – 啥? |
[20:54] | No, Regis Philbin. Come on. | 不 Regis Philbin 少来 |
[20:56] | That’s outrageous. That is unbelievable. | 这太气人了 简直难以置信 |
[21:00] | Wait. This is it, yes! | 等下 就是这个味! |
[21:04] | You were just freakin’ teasing us, Philbin. | 你真是吓了我们一大跳 Philbin |