时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Kids,in the fall of 2008,I had a little problem. | 孩子们 2008年的秋天 我出了点小问题 |
[00:05] | All right,I got to get to Stella’s. | 好了 我要去Stella家了 |
[00:08] | Tonight’s the night,guys. | 就是今晚了 伙计们 |
[00:09] | I’ve tried it before,I’ve failed every time. | 我以前也试过 可每次都失败 |
[00:11] | This time,I am gonna do it. | 这次 我一定要成功 |
[00:13] | Tonight… | 今晚… |
[00:15] | I pick up a lesbian. | 我要钓个拉拉 |
[00:18] | Robin,I need your lipstick. | Robin 借你唇膏一用 |
[00:21] | Oh,man! | 噢 不是吧! |
[00:23] | Take pictures,all right? | 记得拍照 |
[00:25] | Spicy. | 辣吧 |
[00:28] | I lived in New York,but Stella lived across the river in New Jersey… | 我住在纽约 可Stella住在河那边的新泽西 |
[00:35] | Oh,man! | 噢 不是吧! |
[00:39] | which meant I was always taking the train. | 也就是说我一直在坐火车 |
[00:41] | What’s up,Ted? | 你好吗 Ted? |
[00:43] | Hey,Matisse. | 嘿 Matisse |
[00:45] | – Theodore! – Hey,T-Diddy! – Theodore! | – 嘿 T老弟! |
[00:47] | You missed it. | 你错过了 |
[00:48] | Robin got that national anchor job. | Robin赚到那份国家台主播的工作了 |
[00:50] | And we got a free bottle of champagne. | 我们赚了一瓶免费香槟 |
[00:51] | Ah,but it’s empty now. | 不过已经喝光光了 |
[00:54] | Oh,man! | 噢 不是吧! |
[00:55] | And as result,it seemed like I was missing out on everything. | 结果是 我好像什么都错过了 |
[01:00] | Sorry,we couldn’t wait. It was getting cold. | 不好意思 没等你 饭菜都凉了 |
[01:02] | Oh,man! | 不是吧! |
[01:03] | – Hey,big guy. – What’s up,G? | – 嘿 傻大个 – 怎么了 小丫头? |
[01:06] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[01:07] | Yeah,I’m fine. It’s just… | 嗯 我没事 只是… |
[01:08] | you know,I want to hang out with you guys. | 我想跟你们在一起 |
[01:10] | I want to hang out with my friends. | 也想跟我的朋友们在一起 |
[01:11] | I just feel like I’m spending all my time on the train. | 可我的时间基本上都花在了火车上 |
[01:14] | Okay,how about this,why don’t you ask your friends to come out here sometime? | OK 这样如何 改天你把你朋友 都请到这儿来玩吧? |
[01:18] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[01:19] | You want us to go to New Jersey? Oh,that is rich. | 你想让我们去新泽西? 太有才了 |
[01:22] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[01:23] | Well,for starters,I don’t have any of my gold medallions anymore. | 呃…首先 我的那些 金闪闪的夸张服饰早就不在了 |
[01:27] | I sold them when they went out of style 400 years ago. | 在它们八百年前过气的时候 我就给卖了 |
[01:31] | Lily? Lily? | |
[01:32] | Oh,sorry,Ted. | 抱歉 Ted |
[01:33] | I’m a born and raised New Yorker. | 我是土生土长的纽约人 |
[01:35] | I’m programmed to despise and loathe New Jersey and all that it stands for. | 我已经形成了”轻视厌恶新泽西及 其所代表事物”的思维模式 |
[01:39] | Why am I telling you this? | 我跟你解释这么多干嘛? |
[01:41] | You hate New Jersey more than anyone. | 你比任何人都要厌恶新泽西 |
[01:43] | What? I don’t hate New Jersey. Why would you think that? | 什么? 我才不厌恶新泽西 你怎么会这么想? |
[01:46] | And then he cut in front of me. | 他就这样插我队 |
[01:47] | God,I hate line cutters more than I hate New Jersey. | 上帝 我恨插队的 比我恨新泽西还厉害 |
[01:52] | Well,that’s not true. There’s nothing I hate more than New Jersey. | 不对 没什么能胜过 我对新泽西的厌恶 |
[02:00] | Right? | 是吧 |
[02:03] | Hey,you want us to wait for you? | 嘿 要我们等你吗? |
[02:05] | No,I might be awhile. | 不用了 我可能还要一会儿吧 |
[02:06] | I got a drop a massive New Jersey. | 我得把新泽西废物排泄干净 |
[02:09] | Okay,so New Jersey’s not my favorite place. | 好吧 新泽西不是我最喜欢的地方 |
[02:12] | But once Stella and I get married and she and Lucy move in with me, | 可只要Stella跟我结婚后 她跟Lucy就可以搬来跟我住 |
[02:15] | I’ll never set foot in New Jersey again. | 我就再也不踏入新泽西半步 |
[02:18] | Unless I’m going to see a Giants game or flying out of Newark or God forbid,disposing of a body. | 除非去看巨人队比赛 或者坐飞机去 纽瓦克 或者去看God Forbid乐队演出 再不然就是去那里弃尸… |
[02:24] | Ted,if you murder me and bury me in New Jersey,I’ll haunt you forever. | Ted 如果你杀了我 然后又把我埋在新泽西 我做鬼也不会放过你的 |
[02:29] | But if I murder you and bury you somewhere else? | 要是我杀了你 把你埋在别的地方呢? |
[02:31] | Eh,I’ll leave you alone. | 那就算了吧 |
[02:33] | I’m sure you had your reasons. | 我想你肯定是有原因的 |
[02:47] | How I Met Your Mother Season04 Episode03 | |
[02:50] | =,your Aunt Robin was sick of her job at Metro News One. | 孩子们 你们的Robin阿姨厌倦了 在地铁新闻一台的工作 |
[02:53] | She was sick of the low production value… | 厌倦了恶劣的工作环境… |
[02:55] | I’m Robin Scherbatsky,and you’re watching… | 我是Robin Scherbatsky 你们正在收看的是… |
[02:59] | Etro News One at 11:00. | “地道”新闻一台11点节目 |
[03:03] | And again at 1:00. | 不对 是1点 |
[03:06] | sick of the stories she had to report… | 厌倦了每天要读的新闻… |
[03:08] | So hurry up and get your votes in for New York’s cutest doggie. | 那么赶快来为纽约 最可爱的狗狗投上一票吧 |
[03:14] | and most of all,she was sick of all the stupid puns. | 最重要的是 厌倦了那些愚蠢的双关语 |
[03:17] | Four transit workers were electrocuted when a subway train jumped the tracks. | 由于地铁脱轨 四名运输工人当场毙命 |
[03:21] | Stay tuned for the… | 敬请期待下面… |
[03:23] | shocking derails. | 惊人的出轨 (derail出轨与detail细节音近) |
[03:25] | Joel,people died. | Joel 死人了诶 有点同情心好不好 |
[03:29] | So when the call came in that she got the big national anchor job, | 当她接到国家电视台的录用通知之后 |
[03:32] | she finally got to say the words she’d been dreaming of saying for years… | 她终于能够说那些 她多年以来想说的话了… |
[03:36] | Tonight will be my last broadcast. | 今晚将是我最后一次播报新闻 |
[03:38] | I came to Metro News One as a little caterpillar. | 我还是个黄毛丫头的时候 就来了地铁新闻一台 |
[03:41] | And for four years,this desk has been my cocoon. | 四年过去了 这张桌子就像我的茧 |
[03:46] | But tonight,I emerge an ambitious butterfly. | 不过今晚 我要破茧而出了 |
[03:51] | Why does she sound like an idiot? Did she have a stroke? | 她怎么听起来像个傻子? 脑袋撞墙了? |
[03:53] | Yeah. A stroke of genius. | 是啊 灵光一现的一撞 |
[03:56] | This speech is really good. | 这个演讲太棒了 |
[03:59] | With one eye on the horizon,one eye on the truth, | 一眼看着地平线 一眼看着真相 |
[04:04] | and one eye on all of you. | 一眼看着你们大家 |
[04:07] | You wrote it for her,didn’t you? | 你给她写的 对不对? |
[04:10] | It’s a modified version of the speech I gave | 这是我之前因为慢性耳膜炎 |
[04:12] | when I had to leave the swim team because of a chronic inner ear situation. | 不得不退出游泳队时演讲的修订版 |
[04:16] | I thought you were the towel boy. | 你不是在游泳队打杂的吗? |
[04:17] | It’s part of the team. | 那也是团队一员 |
[04:19] | So that Saturday as Robin went off for her first day at her new job, | 所以周六 就在Robin换工作后 第一天上班的时候 |
[04:23] | we all headed across the river to experience some of that crazy New Jersey nightlife. | 我们一行人越过大河去体验 疯狂的新泽西夜生活 |
[04:27] | Okay,Stella couldn’t find a sitter,so we can’t go out. Instead… | OK Stella找不到保姆 所以我们没法出门了 不如… |
[04:30] | we’re all gonna hang out here and it’s gonna be just as awesome. | 我们就呆在这儿 我想会一样好玩的 |
[04:34] | Right,we got board games,we got movies. | 没错 可以玩棋盘游戏 可以看电影 |
[04:36] | And I think there may be some beer out in the garage. | 我想车库里应该也有点啤酒 |
[04:43] | Ted,this is pathetic. It’s Saturday night. | Ted 这太可悲了 这可是大周六晚上 |
[04:45] | We should be out at a bar. drinking alcohol. | 我们应该在酒吧 大口喝酒的 |
[04:47] | Now I know that that sounds depressing,bordering on tragic,but it’s just a fact. | 我知道这么说你会很郁闷 伤心 不过这就是事实 |
[04:50] | Yeah,and I want another crack at that chick,Doris. | 没错 我还想再调戏调戏 那个叫Doris的妞呢 |
[04:53] | I know I can land that lesbian plane. | 我一定能坐上那个拉拉的飞机的 |
[04:55] | No snakes on that plane. | 那飞机上肯定没别的”鸟”了 |
[04:58] | Okay,guys. Come on,you promised. | OK 伙计们 别这样 你们答应了的 |
[05:01] | Let’s just hang out here,try to have fun. | 我们就呆在这儿吧 尽量开心点 |
[05:03] | I mean,we’re all together,friends hanging out. | 我们都在啊 朋友们一起玩玩 |
[05:06] | Isn’t that what really matters? | 这个不是最重要的吗? |
[05:12] | Okay,if we take the next train,we can be at MacLaren’s by 11:00. | OK 如果我们赶下一趟车 能在11点前赶到MacLaren |
[05:15] | We can be there by 10:00. | 可能10点就到了 |
[05:16] | No,I have to change first. | 不 我得换身衣服 |
[05:17] | I am not walking into MacLaren’s smelling like New Jersey. | 我才不想沾满一身新泽西味地 跑到MacLaren去 |
[05:24] | You guys really hate it here,huh? | 你们很讨厌这儿 对吗? |
[05:27] | What? No! Stels… | 什么? 才没有 Stels… |
[05:30] | I get it,I mean,you guys are all New Yorkers. | 我明白 你们都是纽约人嘛 |
[05:32] | You need to go hang out at a bar. | 你们得去酒吧消遣 |
[05:34] | Well,you could just hang out at the coolest bar in the state,which is so close it will blow your mind. | 你们可以到全州最酷的酒吧逛逛 绝对会让你们大跌眼镜的 |
[05:41] | And boom goes the dynamite. | 瞧好了 您咧 |
[05:43] | The coolest bar in New Jersey. | 新泽西最酷的酒吧 |
[05:45] | Yeah,it probably is. | 是啊 可能吧 |
[05:47] | This is great! We got darts. | 棒极了! 有飞镖 |
[05:50] | Half a ping-pong table. A fish bowl. | 半个乒乓球桌 一整个鱼缸 |
[05:54] | Look what turned out to be an awesome night as promised. | 瞧瞧 答应你们的超级一夜 没让你们失望吧 |
[05:57] | Maybe we can drop some Bac-O’s in here and make them fight. | 也许我们能扔点培根进去 看看它们打架 |
[06:00] | No,thanks.I don’t mess with fish bowls unless they have my two favorite fish– | 不用了吧 我从来不对鱼感兴趣 除了两类我最喜欢的鱼– |
[06:04] | the sucker fish and the blow fish. | “吸鱼”跟”吹鱼” |
[06:06] | What up! | 说得好吧! |
[06:08] | For “blow fish”? | “吹鱼”? |
[06:10] | I don’t think so. | 不觉得 |
[06:13] | – Marshall | – 你水平不该这么差的 – Marshall. – You’re better than that. |
[06:16] | – Lily | – 不够好 – Lily. – Not good enough. |
[06:18] | Stella? Stella? | |
[06:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:25] | I am not lowering this until someone gives me the respect | 在没人给我尊重跟我闪亮一击之前 |
[06:28] | of another person’s knuckles tapping against mine in a light but decisive manner. | 我是不会把手放下来的 |
[06:36] | Pretty,pretty… Pretty,pretty… Pretty… Who’s a pretty baby? | 来嘛 来嘛… 来嘛 小宝贝 |
[06:41] | Then know this… | 那好吧 再听着… |
[06:43] | until it gets what it wants,nay,deserves, | 在他得到想要的东西…不对… 是应得的东西之前 |
[06:47] | this fist will not yield. | 这个拳头绝不妥协 |
[06:51] | It. Will. Not. Yield. | 绝-不-妥-协 |
[06:57] | – So who wants to play Scrabble? – Sure,whatever. | – 谁想玩拼字游戏? – 好啊 |
[07:00] | Oh,heads up,the “X” tile is little hard to read because a couple years ago, | 对了 “X”形状的拼板有点看不清 |
[07:03] | it went all the way through my dog. | 因为几年前我的狗特别”青睐”过 |
[07:07] | You know,maybe we should get a dog again when you move in. | 也许等你搬进来后我们再养条狗 |
[07:10] | When I what? | 我什么? |
[07:12] | Oh,great. There’s Robin. | 哦 太好了 是Robin来了 |
[07:20] | I thought they were moving in with you. | 我以为她们会搬去跟你住 |
[07:22] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[07:25] | Oh,God,am I moving to New Jersey? | 噢 上帝 我要搬来新泽西? |
[07:29] | Hey,guys,I bet that dog was really flying high after it swallowed a little “X.” | 嘿 伙计们 我打赌那狗吞下”X”之后 肯定很嗨 |
[07:34] | Nailed it! | 酷毙了! |
[07:37] | Come on! | 不是吧! |
[07:43] | I can’t live here. | 我不能在这儿住 |
[07:44] | It wouldn’t be that bad. | 也许没那么糟呢 |
[07:46] | You could put a mini – fridge over there and maybe some knock hockey. | 你能在那摆个迷你冰箱 还能玩玩小型曲棍球 |
[07:49] | Knock hockey. Nice one,Big Mon. | 小型曲棍球 好样的 来一个 |
[07:52] | I meant New Jersey in general,not this basement. | 我是说整个新泽西 不是这个地下室 |
[07:55] | She wants me to move here? I don’t get it. We discussed this months ago. | 她想让我搬来? 我糊涂了 几个月前我们谈过 |
[08:00] | So I was thinking after the wedding,you and Lucy could move in here. | 我在想我们结婚以后 你跟Lucy可以搬过来 |
[08:06] | Yeah,she could play out on the fire escape, | 当然了 她可以在救生梯那玩 |
[08:09] | maybe make friends with that guy who sleeps on that couch in the alley, | 也可以跟那个在后巷 睡在沙发上的人交朋友 |
[08:12] | ride her bike up and down Broadway. | 骑着自行车去百老汇 |
[08:14] | It’s a great idea,Ted. | 主意棒极了 Ted |
[08:18] | I don’t understand why you’d want to live in New Jersey | 想不明白有机会住在曼哈顿 |
[08:21] | when you have a chance to live in Manhattan? | 干嘛非要留在新泽西 |
[08:23] | I thought having a rent-controlled apartment on the Upper West Side | 我原以为在上西区有套 租金固定的公寓 |
[08:25] | was half the reason she agreed to marry me. | 是她答应嫁给我的部分原因 |
[08:27] | Really,I thought it was the whole reason. What is up? | 是吗 我以为是全部原因呢? 这个不错吧 |
[08:31] | Robin,hey! Looking good. | Robin 嘿! 看起来不错哦 |
[08:34] | Bump the Barnacle. | 撞一个 |
[08:35] | Stella already told me not to. | Stella让我别 |
[08:37] | How was your first day? | 你第一天如何? |
[08:38] | – It wasn’t. – What? | – 不是 – 什么? |
[08:40] | It wasn’t my first day. | 不是我的第一天 |
[08:41] | I showed up and there were 20 other people. | 我到那儿去发现还有其他20个人 |
[08:43] | It turns out,I didn’t actually get the job. | 看样子我还没有拿到那份工作 |
[08:45] | I only got an audition. | 他们只是让我去试镜 |
[08:47] | What,how did that happen? | 什么 怎么会这样? |
[08:48] | I don’t know. Because he told me that I got it. | 我不知道 因为他们告诉我成功了啊 |
[08:50] | I got it? I got it! | 我成功了? 我成功了! |
[08:54] | And just to be clear,when I say “you got it,” I mean an audition. | 得说清楚 我说”你成功了” 指的是试镜机会 |
[08:59] | You got an audition. | 你成功得到了试镜机会 |
[09:01] | I don’t want there to be any confusion. You have an audition only. | 我不想有任何误会 你得到的只是试镜 |
[09:05] | Not the job. | 不是这份工作 |
[09:08] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢! 谢谢! |
[09:10] | Okay,I’m going to call and beg Joel to give me my job back. | 好了 我现在要给Joel打电话 让我回去 |
[09:13] | – No! – You hated that job. | – 别! – 你讨厌那份工作 |
[09:15] | I don’t know,it wasn’t so bad. | 不知道 也没那么糟吧 |
[09:16] | Robin,what did they make you call Tropical Storm Hector when it was raining cats and dogs? | Robin 外面下着磅礴大雨的时候 他们让你管热带风暴叫啥? |
[09:21] | A furricane. | “热风雨” |
[09:23] | Hey,Ted. Rock me like a furricane. | 嘿 Ted 像”热风雨”一样震撼我 |
[09:26] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[09:28] | Mean. | 还真忍心… |
[09:30] | Okay,yeah,it sucks,but what can I do? | OK 是的 糟透了 可我能怎么办? |
[09:32] | I mean,I’m not going to get that other job. | 我没法拿到那份工作的 |
[09:34] | You guys should have seen the other women at this audition. | 你们得去看看去试镜的那些女人 |
[09:36] | They all had more experience than me,were more ethnic than me. | 个个比我有经验 比我有特色 |
[09:39] | There was an African-American chick with blue eyes,how can I compete with that? | 居然有个长着蓝眼睛的非裔美国小妞 我能比得上吗? |
[09:44] | Mm,you can’t. | 确实不能 |
[09:45] | No,you can compete with anyone. | 不 你能胜过任何人 |
[09:47] | You’re Robin Scherbatsky. | 你是Robin Scherbatsky |
[09:49] | Confident. Strong. Tall. | 自信 强硬 高挑 |
[09:51] | With crazy long legs that look great in shorts. | 还有穿上短裤让人惊羡的美腿 |
[09:54] | I’m calling Joel. | 我要打给Joel |
[09:55] | No,Robin,if you call him right now,you will hate yourself. | 不 Robin 如果你现在给他打电话 你会后悔的 |
[09:59] | Look,I have slept with lots of women who afterwards told me off and stormed out. | 听着 我跟很多女人睡过 之后有些人会消失 |
[10:03] | And sometimes they’d pick up the phone and they’d call me and then we’d hook up again. | 但是有时候又会拿起电话打给我 我们会再勾搭上 |
[10:08] | And when we were finished,I could see that look on their faces, | 完事之后 我能看到她们的表情 |
[10:11] | that look that says they hate themselves and they wish they’d never called. | 那是厌恶自己 后悔不该打电话的表情 |
[10:17] | But if you could see that look… | 如果你能看到那表情… |
[10:18] | Actually,you can see that look,there’s a video. www-dot… | 实际上 你能看到 有个视频 在www….. |
[10:21] | No! Stop,okay? I won’t call. | 别说了! 好了! 我不打就是 |
[10:25] | Don’t drink the beer! | 别喝那啤酒! |
[10:26] | I just remembered when I bought it. | 我刚想起来是啥时候买的 |
[10:27] | It was right before I got pregnant with Lucy. | 是在我怀Lucy之前买的 |
[10:29] | Ted,would you mind running to PriceCo and picking some up? | Ted 能不能去趟PriceCo买点回来? |
[10:32] | Oh,and while you’re there,maybe you could sign up for a card. | 你到了那 也许该申请个会员卡 |
[10:34] | I mean,you’ll probably end up going there all the time. | 你可能会经常去那里的 |
[10:39] | That’s the look. | 就是这个表情 |
[10:43] | I can’t move here. I hate it here. I would kill myself. | 我不能搬来这里 我讨厌这 我会自杀的 |
[10:47] | Maybe New Jersey’s not that bad. Stella has a lawn. | 也许新泽西也没那么糟 Stella有块草坪 |
[10:50] | You could get a riding lawn mower. They sell them over there. | 你可以玩割草机 那边就有卖的 |
[10:53] | I saw one with a cup holder. | 我还看到有杯托 |
[10:55] | I saw a recliner with a built-in cup holder. | 我还看到一个带杯托的躺椅 |
[10:57] | I even saw a hammock with a cup holder. | 我甚至还看到了带杯托的吊床 |
[10:59] | You live in New Jersey,you never have to hold a cup again. | 要是你住在新泽西 就再也不用手举着杯子了 |
[11:02] | I don’t think I have as big a problem holding cups as you do. | 我还真不像你似的对 举杯子有那么大障碍 |
[11:05] | I will give you $100 to fist pump me. | 你跟我碰下拳 我给你100块 |
[11:10] | 200块 | |
[11:12] | Just put it down,Barney. | 放下来吧 Barney |
[11:14] | Your arm must be killing you by now. | 你现在胳膊一定疼死了 |
[11:18] | 1万块如何 | |
[11:21] | Look,you’ll be right across the river. You’ll be in New York all the time. | 瞧 你只是刚好在河对岸 你随时能到纽约的 |
[11:23] | – Oh,yeah? – Yeah. | – 真的么? – 真的 |
[11:25] | Um,excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[11:27] | You guys are from New York,right? | 你们是从纽约搬来的吧 |
[11:28] | Yeah,we moved here from Manhattan. | 对 我们从曼哈顿搬来 |
[11:29] | Do you ever get into the city? | 你们进过城吗 |
[11:31] | All the time. | 随时都能进 |
[11:32] | See? All the time. | 听见了没 随时都能进 |
[11:33] | When was the last time you were there? | 那上次进城是什么时候? |
[11:35] | We just had dinner at O’Rourke’s. | 我们刚在O’Rourke吃过晚饭 |
[11:37] | That’s been closed for six years. | 那地方已经关了6年了 |
[11:39] | It has been awhile. | 那还真是有阵子了 |
[11:40] | Funny,we don’t miss it. | 有趣 我们都没发现 |
[11:42] | Well,I guess we’re New Jersey-ians now. | 我想我们现在已经完全变成新泽西人了 |
[11:44] | Honey,look,dog shirts. | 亲爱的 瞧 狗狗T恤 |
[11:48] | I can’t do it. | 我不能这样 |
[11:49] | I’m just going to tell Stella she and Lucy have to move into the city and that’s that. | 我要告诉Stella 她和Lucy该搬去纽约 |
[11:53] | MARSHALL: Okay,what do you guys think? | 你们觉得哪件好? |
[11:55] | Beagle or Boston terrier? | 小猎犬还是波士顿狗? |
[12:01] | Are those tears? | 你眼中是泪水吗? |
[12:04] | They’re awesome… manly pain tears. They’re not emotional. | 是勇敢的男儿泪水 不带感情的 |
[12:10] | Okay,they’re a little bit emotional. | 好吧 稍稍有些感情在里面 |
[12:13] | Where’s Robin? | Robin在哪? |
[12:16] | Oh,no. | 哦 不! |
[12:19] | Hey,Shirley,it’s Robin calling for Joel. | 嘿 Shirley 我是Robin 要找Joel |
[12:21] | Robin,hang up the phone. Don’t do this. | Robin 挂掉电话 别这样 |
[12:23] | Sorry,I know,okay? | 对不起 我明白 |
[12:25] | – If you don’t hang up right now… – Stop. | – 如果你现在不挂电话… – 别说了 |
[12:27] | Hey,Joel,it’s Robin. | 嘿 Joel 我是Robin |
[12:30] | So Madam Butterfly wants to come back to the cocoon. | 蝴蝶夫人想飞回茧里面来 |
[12:33] | Yeah,look,I’m sorry I said all that stuff. | 听着 说了那样的话 我很抱歉 |
[12:35] | Well,you can stick your sorries in your sock drawer,’cause you’ve already been replaced. | 道歉的话留着对家里装袜子的抽屉说去吧 因为你已经被顶替了 |
[12:39] | I’ve got Brian in makeup and he couldn’t be more excited. | Brian在这里精心化妆 他已经无比激动了 |
[12:43] | I can’t do this. I can’t do this. | 我不行 我不行 |
[12:45] | Uh,okay,look,as much as I want to see college boy here wet himself on camera, | 好吧 我可不想见到一个大学生 在镜头前汗流浃背 |
[12:50] | if you can get here in time to read the 11:00 news,you can have your old job back. | 如果你能及时赶回来播报11点新闻 你就能保住饭碗 |
[12:55] | Okay,I have a half hour to make it to the studio. | 好 我有半个钟头赶到电台 |
[12:57] | There’s no way you can make it to the city in a half hour. | 你不可能半个小时赶到那里 |
[13:00] | Robin,don’t do this. | Robin 别这样 |
[13:01] | I know it’s scary to bet on yourself,but if you don’t,nobody else will. | 我知道自己赌一把很让人害怕 但如果你不赌 没人会为你赌 |
[13:04] | And I’m not just saying that to get a fist bump. | 我这么说不是为了要碰拳 |
[13:06] | Although,come on,a fist bump would be great. But I really mean it. | 尽管碰个拳也挺好 但我是说真的 |
[13:08] | I am betting on myself. | 我正是要自己赌一把 |
[13:09] | I am betting that I can make it there by 11:00. | 我赌自己能在11点赶回去 |
[13:29] | Hey,did you get the beer? | 买到啤酒了吗? |
[13:30] | Yeah,I got 144-pack. | 我买了144罐一组的 |
[13:32] | The rest is in the trunk. | 剩下的在后备箱 |
[13:34] | And did you sign up for the membership? | 办会员卡了吗? |
[13:36] | No. | 没有 |
[13:38] | Why not? | 为啥呢 |
[13:39] | There was a line for the photos… my hair’s a mess… | 照相排好长的队…而且我的发型一团糟 |
[13:41] | I don’t want to move to New Jersey. | 我不想搬来新泽西 |
[13:44] | What? | 什么? |
[13:45] | I can’t do it. | 我不能这样 |
[13:46] | And I can’t see any reason why you and Lucy shouldn’t move to New York. | 我也想不出你和Lucy留在这里的理由 |
[13:49] | Well,my daughter goes to school here. | 我女儿在这边上学 |
[13:51] | All of her friends are here. | 她的朋友全都在这里 |
[13:53] | I’ve lived here my whole life. My whole family is here. | 我一辈子都住在这里 我的全家都在这 |
[13:55] | This is my house. I’m on the PTA. | 这是我的房子 我是家庭教师协会一份子 |
[13:56] | And as of June 1,I’m the deputy mayor. | 等到6月1号 我就是副会长了 |
[14:01] | Yes,but my apartment is really close to the subway. | 没错 但我的公寓离地铁很近 |
[14:06] | Ted,we’re not moving,end of discussion. | Ted 我们不会搬的 讨论结束 |
[14:09] | How can it be end of discussion if there’s never been a discussion? | 如果没有讨论过 哪来的讨论结束呢 |
[14:12] | This is part of being a parent. I can’t just uproot Lucy. | 这就是为人父母的一部分 我不能改变Lucy的生活 |
[14:15] | People with kids move all the time. | 带着孩子的父母一直都搬来搬去的 |
[14:17] | I think it would be really great for Lucy to grow up in the greatest city in the world. | 我想对Lucy来说 在世界数一数二的 大城市里成长再好不过 |
[14:21] | Oh,here we go– New York’s the greatest city in the whole wide world. | 又来了–纽约是世界上数一数二的大城市 |
[14:23] | It’s where dreams come true and pigeon poop tastes like tapioca. | 在这里美梦成真 就连鸽子的便便味道都像木薯粉 |
[14:26] | Want to know a little secret,Ted? | 想知道个小秘密吗 Ted |
[14:28] | New Jersey is better than New York. | 新泽西比纽约更好 |
[14:31] | Better than… You think… I… | 更好…你认为…我… |
[14:35] | The Empire State Buil… | 帝国大厦… |
[14:37] | H and H Bage… | H&H百吉饼店… |
[14:39] | Lincoln Ce… Zabar’s… Papaya King. | 林肯中心… 休闲酒吧… 木瓜大王热狗店 |
[14:43] | New York is the intellectual and cultural hub of the planet. | 纽约就是地球上知识与文化的结合之所 |
[14:47] | New York is full of weirdoes,and snobs and mean people. | 纽约全是怪人 尽是些谄媚和刻薄之人 |
[14:50] | Ted,do you know that once,an old lady actually called me a bitch and threw a cat in my face? | Ted 知道有次一个老妇人骂我婊子 还把猫扔我脸上吗? |
[14:55] | And you want to know if that happened in New Jersey? | 想知道这种事有没有在新泽西发生过吗 |
[14:56] | Uh-uh,86th and Lex,right in front of your beloved little Papaya King. | 没有 Lex大街86号 刚好发生在 你最爱的木瓜大王热狗店门前 |
[15:00] | Ted,people are nice in New Jersey. | Ted 新泽西的人很友好 |
[15:03] | I mean it’s the kind of place where you know your neighbors. | 在这里你可以结识你的邻居 |
[15:05] | Hey,I know my neighbors. | 嘿 我和我的邻居很熟 |
[15:08] | Oh,yeah? Like who? | 是吗 比如谁? |
[15:09] | Right across the hall,I got… | 就对门的 我认识… |
[15:11] | Clax… pa… mon… Clax… pa… mon… | |
[15:13] | Claxpamon? Claxpamon? | |
[15:14] | His name is Paxton. | 人家叫Paxton |
[15:15] | Love that dude. | 我最喜欢他了 |
[15:18] | Sorry,in a hurry. Got to get to the front. Got to get off first. | 抱歉 赶时间 要到前面去 请让开 |
[15:21] | Whoa,don’t run over Matisse. | 别撞到Matisse |
[15:23] | Okay,so this is crazy. | 有没有搞错 |
[15:25] | You can’t actually think that New Jersey is better than New York. | 你不该认为新泽西比纽约好 |
[15:29] | New York has Broadway. We win right there. | 纽约有百老汇 凭这点我们就赢了 |
[15:31] | Oh,no,she did not. Knuckle up for safety. | 不 她没有 碰一下以策安全 |
[15:35] | We have Atlantic City. | 我们有大西洋城 |
[15:36] | Can’t beat the A.C. Pretty please? No one has to know. | 无法超越的大西洋城 靓女碰下吧 没人知道的 |
[15:40] | New York has Greenwich Village. | 纽约有格林威治村 |
[15:41] | New Jersey has The Shore. | 新泽西有The Shore乐队 |
[15:43] | Woody Allen. | 纽约有Woody Allen |
[15:44] | Oscar-winning chronicler of urban neuroses. Bump it! | 荣获奥斯卡奖的都市传奇人物 来吧 |
[15:48] | Bruce Springsteen Bruce Springsteen. | |
[15:49] | Sinatra Sinatra. | |
[15:50] | He’s from Hoboken… New Jersey. | 他是霍博肯出身…属新泽西 |
[15:52] | Yeah,but what city is he singing about? | 没错 但他唱的是什么城市来着 |
[15:55] | It’s not “Secaucus,Secaucus.” | 不是”锡考克斯镇 锡考克斯镇”吧 |
[16:04] | Now you kids can either believe this or not, | 孩子们 不管你们相信与否 |
[16:07] | but this is how your Aunt Robin swears it happened. | Robin阿姨是这样完成自己的誓言的 |
[16:16] | Look,Stella,I understand that coming from New Jersey you don’t picture yourself loving New York, | 听着 Stella 我明白从新泽西来的你 无法想象自己会热爱纽约 |
[16:23] | but trust me,Marshall didn’t expect to,and now he wouldn’t think of living anywhere else. | 但请相信我 Marshall一开始也不相信 但现在他都不愿意住在别处 |
[16:28] | I hate New York! | 我讨厌纽约! |
[16:30] | I’m sorry,but it’s true. | 对不起 但是真的 |
[16:32] | Okay,today I was walking around PriceCo. | 今天我去PriceCo |
[16:34] | Have you ever been there? It’s huge. | 你去过吗 里面超大的 |
[16:36] | All the stores in New York are so cramped. | 纽约所有店铺都那么窄 |
[16:38] | Every time I turn,I knock something over. | 每次我转身都要碰掉东西 |
[16:39] | I’m like some huge monster that came out of the ocean to destroy bodegas. | 我就像从海里来的大怪兽 一心想毁掉酒窖似的 |
[16:43] | But,Marshall,you love New York. | 但是Marshall 你是爱纽约的 |
[16:45] | Yeah,I do,except that I hate it. | 是的 但我更恨它 |
[16:48] | I’m too big for New York,okay? | 我对纽约来说块头太大了 |
[16:50] | I’m always trying to fit into cramped little subway seats | 我总要努力挤进窄小的地铁座位 |
[16:52] | or duck under doorways that were built 150 years ago. | 或者低头躲建了150年之久的大门 |
[16:55] | Hey,guess what? People are bigger now. Build bigger doorways. | 知道吗 现在人们块头都大了 弄个大点的门 |
[16:58] | What the hell is the matter with you? | 你们这帮人是怎么了 |
[16:59] | Small city,big man– give it up. | 小城市 大块头– 来一下 |
[17:01] | And it’s so loud,all the time. | 而且那里还很吵闹 一刻不停 |
[17:04] | Yes,it’s the city that never sleeps. | 那是座不眠之城 |
[17:05] | Well,guess what,I like to sleep. | 但你猜怎么着 我就喜欢睡觉 |
[17:07] | I’ve been tired for eight years. | 我累了8年了 |
[17:10] | Tired and scared with black and blue marks on my elbows from trying to fit through all these tiny elf doorways. | 我厌倦了因为钻矮子的门口 而把自己手肘弄得青一块紫一块 |
[17:15] | New Jersey’s great. | 新泽西就很好 |
[17:17] | It’s got huge stores,and lawns and you never have to carry a cup again. | 大商店 草坪 而且还不用自己举杯子 |
[17:22] | Not for the rest of your life. | 这辈子都不用 |
[17:24] | I’m not afraid to say it– I love New Jersey. | 我要无所畏惧的高呼–我爱新泽西 |
[17:30] | I’m just kidding. | 我开玩笑呢 |
[17:34] | Look,Stella… | 听着 Stella… |
[17:36] | I get it,okay? | 我明白 |
[17:38] | I see what you’re saying. | 我懂你意思 |
[17:40] | I guess… | 我想… |
[17:43] | we could live in Brooklyn. | 我们可以住在布鲁克林区 (纽约贫民区) |
[17:46] | You know what,Ted… | 知道吗 Ted… |
[17:49] | live wherever you want. I don’t care. | 你爱住哪住哪 我管不着 |
[17:59] | Awkward silence. Tap it. | 尴尬的沉默 碰一下 |
[18:14] | Oh,hey,Lucy. What are you doing up? | 嘿 Lucy 起来干嘛 |
[18:16] | There was some loud noises in the basement. | 地下室很吵 |
[18:19] | Sorry about that. | 真抱歉 |
[18:20] | Why don’t you got back to bed,sweetie. | 干嘛不回去睡觉呢 亲爱的 |
[18:21] | I can’t go to sleep without a story. | 不听故事 我睡不着 |
[18:24] | – Okay,I’ll just get your mom… – Why don’t you read it to me? | – 好 我去给你找妈妈… – 你能念给我听吗 |
[18:29] | Okay,come on. | 好 来吧 |
[18:30] | * You know she thrills me with all her charms * * You know she thrills me with all her charms * | |
[18:36] | * When I’m wrapped up in my baby’s arms * * When I’m wrapped up in my baby’s arms * | |
[18:42] | * My little girl gives me everything * * My little girl gives me everything * | |
[18:48] | * When I’m walking down the street with you * * When I’m walking down the street with you * | |
[18:53] | * Sing sha-la-la,la-la-la-la Sha-la-la-la…* * Sing sha-la-la,la-la-la-la Sha-la-la-la…* | |
[19:00] | I’m moving here. | 我搬来这边 |
[19:04] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的吗? – 真的 |
[19:07] | New Jersey wins. | 新泽西胜出 |
[19:28] | Oh,thank you! | 谢谢 |
[19:32] | Wait… | 等下… |
[19:44] | Good evening,New York. | 晚上好 纽约 |
[19:45] | Hey,look,she made it. | 瞧 她赶到了 |
[19:48] | Our top story tonight– the newborn panda at the Central Park Zoo got its first tooth today. | 今晚的头条是 在中央动物园出生的 熊猫宝宝刚长出了第一颗牙 |
[19:53] | I guess that makes her a… | 我想它变成了… |
[19:56] | molar bear. | 臼齿熊 |
[19:58] | Molar bear. Molar bear. | 臼齿熊 臼齿熊 |
[20:04] | You know what? I really am done. | 知道吗 我还是算了 |
[20:07] | Good night,New York. | 晚安 纽约 |
[20:13] | Wow,she really quit. | 她真的辞职了 |
[20:15] | You think we had anything to do with that? | 你觉得这事和我们有关系吗 |
[20:18] | Yeah,I think we did. | 是啊 我想有的 |
[20:22] | Nice job,Barney. | 干得漂亮 Barney |
[20:25] | Oh,my God! Thank you! | 额滴神啊 谢谢 |
[20:30] | Oh,that was killing my arm. | 我的胳膊简直疼死了 |
[20:32] | My arm hasn’t been this sore since I was 13 years old and figured out how to lock a bathroom. | 上次这么酸疼还是我13岁 想把浴室的门锁上的时候呢 |
[20:37] | Up top. | 击掌 |
[20:40] | Oh,no. | 哦 不 |
[20:48] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[20:49] | Well,I officially didn’t get that job. | 我最终与那份工作无缘 |
[20:51] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[20:52] | That’s okay. They,um,they offered me another one. | 没关系 他们提供了另一份工作 |
[20:56] | Hey,that’s great. What are you going to be doing? | 好极了 那你要做什么 |
[20:58] | Foreign correspondent. I’m,uh… | 海外通讯记者 我… |
[21:01] | moving to Japan. | 要去日本了 |