时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | the spring of 2009, I’d been hired to design a new headquarters for Goliath National Bank. | 在09年的春天 我本来被请去设计 歌利亚国家银行的新总部大楼 |
[00:08] | And I was eager to add as much of my voice as an architect into the plans as possible. | 我是很希望把我的专业意见 放进这个项目里面 |
[00:12] | Wood beams bathed in natural light in the atrium. | 沐浴在前厅自然光线下的木质横梁 |
[00:17] | They’re going to love it! | 他们一定会喜欢的! |
[00:19] | There was only one problem, and his name was Bilson. | 不过唯一的麻烦 就是这位叫Bilson的人 |
[00:23] | Wood? Natural light? | 木头? 自然光? |
[00:26] | Uh, no. | 不行 |
[00:28] | Natural light reminds the workers that there is an outside world where they have family and friends. | 自然光会提醒员工 外面的世界有他们的家人和朋友 |
[00:33] | We want to crush that. | 我们不想让他们有这种思想 |
[00:35] | You show up in the dark, you go home in the dark, | 你披星戴月 你起早贪黑 |
[00:38] | you spend your whole damn day in the dark. | 你要整天呆在黑暗中 |
[00:42] | I need to hear Lily’s voice. | 我想听听Lily的声音了 |
[00:45] | Who said you could leave? | 谁让你走的? |
[00:47] | Bilson was killing every original idea I had. | Bilson 抹杀我所有的创意 |
[00:51] | Then one day, GNB took him off the project and created a new task force to oversee my designs. | 有一天 GBN换走了他 另外组织了 一个专责小组来监测我的工作 |
[00:56] | Suddenly, everything changed. | 突然间 所有事情都变了 |
[00:58] | We’ll have a rooftop Zen garden for quiet contemplation. | 我们会建一个天台禅修花园 用作静思场地 |
[01:01] | We’ll have a reflecting pool in the lobby where local children can come to make wishes. | 同时我们会大堂建一个倒影池 让本地的小朋友在那里许愿 |
[01:06] | The new GNB– a place of work… | 新GNB大楼将会是一个 |
[01:10] | that you can call home. | 一个可以称为家的工作场所 |
[01:12] | Thank you, and, um… | 谢谢 还有… |
[01:15] | welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[01:20] | My… | 好…好… |
[01:23] | Everything was going great, until one day in the elevator… | 我的事情进行的很顺利 直到有一天在电梯里 |
[01:33] | Uh, yeah, it’s Ted. No, no, no, no, no. | 啊 对 我是 Ted 没有… |
[01:36] | I did not approve that change for the blueprints for the new GNB headquarters, | 我没有批准过更改GNB总部的蓝图 |
[01:40] | for which I’m the head architect at only 30 years old. | 我作为总建筑师 而且才30出头 |
[01:44] | Yes, I’m single and I give to charity. | 对 我是单身而且向慈善团体捐款 |
[01:47] | What does that have to do with anything? | 但是跟这个有关系吗? |
[01:49] | All right. Good-bye, Mr. Mayor. | 好的 再见 市长先生 |
[01:54] | You know that was a fake phone call, don’t you? | 你知道这通电话是装的吧? |
[01:56] | Yes. And I also know that the new GNB headquarters project was scrapped last month. | 知道 我还知道GBN新总部大楼的项目 上个月就被砍掉了 |
[02:02] | Nice try. | 险些成功哦 |
[02:16] | How I Met Your Mother Season04 Episode18 | |
[02:18] | Check out Scarlett Johansson at the Oscars. | 来看看斯嘉丽・约翰逊 去奥斯卡的模样 |
[02:21] | If I could nail any celebrity, it would definitely be Scarlett Johansson. | 如果我可以跟名人上床 她一定是斯嘉丽・约翰逊 |
[02:24] | Hot, talented, and nobody does that many Woody Allen movies without serious daddy issues. | 热情 有才华 而且显然有严重恋父情结 不然不会拍那么多伍迪・艾伦的戏 |
[02:30] | If I could nail any celebrity, it would be Lily. | 如果要我和名人上床 她会是Lily |
[02:32] | She’s the star of my heart. | 她是我的女神 |
[02:35] | For me, it’d be Hugh Jackman. | 我的话我选休・杰克曼 |
[02:37] | You know, I don’t know. Celebrities? | 说到名人 我真说不清想要谁 |
[02:39] | They’re into some really weird sex stuff. Trust me. | 他们总喜欢玩些奇怪的性爱招式 相信我 |
[02:43] | How would you know that? | 为什么你会知道的? |
[02:46] | This is embarrassing, but I… | 说这个虽然有点尴尬 但是我… |
[02:48] | I went home with a celebrity one night. | 曾经跟过一个名人回家 |
[02:51] | Oh, my God! Seriously? | 天呐 真的吗? |
[02:53] | Yeah. He wanted to do this really freaky thing with me, so I left. | 是啊 他想跟我玩点奇怪的东西 我转头就走了 |
[02:57] | That’s it. End of story. | 就这样 故事说完了 |
[02:58] | No! No. Not end of story. | 不行不行 这故事没完 |
[03:01] | I need to know who, what, when and in where! Spill it! | 我要知道时间地点人物 说清楚一点! |
[03:04] | Baby, um, please settle down. You’re swallowing too much air. | 宝贝 先别激动 你不知道吞进去多少空气了 |
[03:08] | Before you go any further, I’m flattered, but technically, I’m not a celebrity. | 在你说下去之前 我感到受宠若惊 但严格来讲我不是名人 |
[03:13] | Uh, and plus, for the last time, I put the mask on as a joke. | 还有 上次我戴面具只是开玩笑而已 |
[03:17] | Okay, not you, Barney. | 行了 Barney 不是你 |
[03:18] | Okay, who is it? | 那…他是谁? |
[03:20] | Oh, great. Now, you gave Lily the hiccups. | 很好…看你让Lily打嗝了 |
[03:24] | Okay, I won’t tell you anything specific. | 好吧 不过我不会说太详细 |
[03:26] | But, um, all I’ll say is he is Canadian-born, but you definitely know this guy. | 嗯 我只是想说他出生在加拿大 不过你们肯定认识他 |
[03:31] | And he got me back to his place by offering to show me a very unique collection. | 还有他带我去他家 是说让我看看一件特别的收藏品 |
[03:35] | What do you mean “collection”? | 你说的收藏品是什么意思? |
[03:36] | Well, you know how some people collect, like, stamps or coins? It’s like that. | 就是有些人爱收藏邮票或者硬币之类的东西 |
[03:40] | But I’m not telling. | 但是我不会说他收藏什么 |
[03:41] | Well, at least tell us the weird thing he wanted to do. | 起码告诉我们他想做什么奇怪的事 |
[03:44] | Well, I don’t know what you call it in the States, but we have a name for it in Canada. | 我不清楚在美国怎样叫它 我只知道加拿大的叫法 |
[03:47] | Look, I’ve already said too much. | 看 我已经说太多了 |
[03:50] | So a mystery celebrity, who collects a mystery item, | 一个神秘的名人 他收藏神秘的东西 |
[03:53] | asked you to do a mystery, Canadian sex act? | 邀请你参与一个神秘的加拿大性爱招式 |
[03:57] | – Yes. – Tell us! | – 对 – 说出来! |
[03:59] | Okay, I’ll tell you. | 好好 我会说的 |
[04:01] | But only if you guess all three parts correctly. | 前提是你把前三个部分都猜对 |
[04:05] | – Well, that’s just impossible. – Exactly. | – 这简直是不可能 – 没错 |
[04:08] | – I don’t even know any Canadian sex acts. – I know. | – 我完全不知道加拿大的性爱招式啊 – 我知道 |
[04:10] | Well, you got your “Sloppy Dog Sled,” your “Alberta Fur Trapper,” your “Full Mountie…” | 你应该有”狗拉雪橇式””阿尔伯达毛皮陷阱式” 还有”加拿大骑警式” |
[04:15] | How do you know all these? | 为什么你会知道这些东西? |
[04:16] | Canadiansexacts. org. It’s bookmarked on the top right. | “加拿大性爱招式组织网” 右边上角那书签 |
[04:19] | – Dot org? – Yeah, it’s not for profit. | – 还是个组织? – 对 他们是非营利性组织 |
[04:21] | They really just want to get the formation out there. | 他们只希望让别人得到些信息 |
[04:24] | Hey, Ted. | 嗨 Ted |
[04:25] | So I just had the weirdest conversation. | 我刚刚有了一段很奇怪的对话 |
[04:28] | This woman at GNB told me that the new bank building was scrapped last month. | 一位在GNB工作的女士说 建新大楼的项目已经在上个月被砍掉了 |
[04:32] | That’s crazy, right? | 简直是胡说嘛 对吧 |
[04:34] | Wait, what? What was that look? | 等等 这是什么表情 |
[04:35] | Should we tell him? I don’t want to tell him. | 我们要告诉他吗? 我不想让他知道 |
[04:36] | – I think we should tell him. – We’re not telling him. | – 我觉得我们应该要告诉他 – 我们不告诉他 |
[04:38] | There was no look. | 没什么特别的表情嘛 |
[04:39] | Guys, what the hell? | 哥们 倒底怎么回事? |
[04:41] | Okay. It’s, it’s time that you know the truth. | 好吧 也是时候让你知道真相了 |
[04:43] | A few weeks ago, Bilson called us into his office… | 几个星期之前 Bilson叫我们进去他的办公室… |
[04:47] | a few****** We’re scrapping the plan for the new GNB headquarters. | 几周之前 |
[04:47] | 我们要砍掉建新GNB大楼的项目 | |
[04:50] | This recession is killing us. | 经济衰退太要命了 |
[04:52] | We’re cutting anything nonessential. | 我们要节省不必要的开支 |
[04:55] | We’re going to have a lot of tough choices to make at the bi-quarterly retreat in St. Croix. | 我们将会在半年一次的圣克罗伊岛静养时 做很多艰难的决定 |
[05:00] | Man, Ted is going to be devastated. | 唉 Ted肯定会崩溃的 |
[05:02] | Not when he hears it coming from his best friend. | 用好朋友的身份告诉他就没事了 |
[05:05] | – I have to tell him? – I have to tell him? | – 我要告诉他? – 我要告诉他? |
[05:07] | You should tell him. You’re his best friend. | 你应该告诉他 他是你最好的朋友 |
[05:09] | Am not, you’re his best friend. | 我不是 你才是他最好的朋友 |
[05:10] | Am not, you’re his best… | 不是我 你才是… |
[05:11] | – Am not… – Crap, here he comes. | – 我不是… – 小声点 他来了 |
[05:13] | What, the white dude or the Asian fellow? | 谁 那白人还是那个亚洲人? |
[05:15] | See, I barely know the guy. | 看 我都不怎么认识他 |
[05:17] | – Hey, Ted, what’s up? – How’re you doing? | – 嗨 Ted 咋了? – 最近怎么样? |
[05:20] | I’m frustrated. | 我有点失落 |
[05:21] | Anything innovative I put in my designs, Bilson just hacks out with a machete. | 每每我把些新意念放进设计的时候 Bilson总是对我泼冷水 |
[05:26] | I hate having to answer to a guy like that. | 我很讨厌跟这种人汇报 |
[05:28] | – You should drop the project! – You should totally drop the project! | – 你应该放弃这个项目 – 你应该完完全全放弃这个项目 |
[05:31] | – It’s beneath you! – Then, it’s settled! | – 太不值了 – 就这样说定了啊 |
[05:32] | To Ted Mosby’s new chapter! May the wind be at your back, and may the road… | 送给Ted Mosby人生新一章 愿和风抚背–助你行 愿坦途涌现–胜迎您 |
[05:35] | Are you kidding? They just laid off another architect at my firm. | 你们在开玩笑吗 他们才刚刚炒了我事务所另外一名建筑师 |
[05:38] | I mean, Bilson’s a pain, sure, but, without this project, I’m probably out of a job. | 我是说Bilson是讨厌 但是没有这个项目我可能会失业的 |
[05:44] | Right. Um, it’s funny that you mentioned the project because… | 对 当你说起项目其实很有趣因为 |
[05:47] | You’re nailing it! | 你干的棒极了 |
[05:48] | Keep up the good work, buddy! | 兄弟好好干 |
[05:50] | Your hair and teeth look fantastic today. | 你今天的头发和牙齿很漂亮 |
[05:52] | You’re shining like a diamond! | 就像钻石一样闪闪发光 |
[05:56] | Thank you. I needed that. | 谢谢 我就是需要这些鼓励 |
[05:59] | All right, I’m going to head upstairs and keep working. | 好吧 我是时候上去工作了 |
[06:01] | I got to find a way to introduce some wood into Bilson’s dark atrium. | 我要想想怎样说服Bilson 让我在那黑暗的门廊加点木头 |
[06:05] | I think you know what I meant. | 你们知道我的意思 |
[06:10] | – What was that? – What? | – 这是什么意思? – 什么啦? |
[06:12] | I have a thought. | 我有一个想法 |
[06:13] | Okay, we’re paying Ted’s firm for two more mths of design work no matter what, | 无论任何情况我们继续 为Ted的事务所多付两个月设计费 |
[06:16] | so couldn’t we just let him keep working and not tell him? | 看能不能瞒住他 让他继续工作 |
[06:20] | He’s had a rough year. Let’s let the guy be happy a little while longer. | 他今年够多事了 我们就让他多开心一阵子吧 |
[06:24] | Marshall, what you’re suggesting is an elaborate, | Marshall 你的提议是一个很复杂 |
[06:27] | long-term lie that requires tremendous commitment. | 时间很长而且非常沉重的承诺 |
[06:30] | A nice guy like you can’t pull that off. | 像你这样的正人君子肯定不能胜任 |
[06:33] | – Sure I can. – Lie to me right now. | – 我当然可以了 – 对我撒撒谎试一试 |
[06:36] | Okay. I have a spaceship. | 好 我有一艘太空船 |
[06:38] | – What kind of fuel powers your spaceship? – Okay, I don’t have a spaceship. | – 你的太空船用什么燃料? – 算了 我没有太空船 |
[06:42] | No! Stand your ground! | 不行 你要坚持你的立场 |
[06:44] | If someone questions you, distract them from the original lie with more lies. | 如果有人质疑你 就编更多的谎话来分散他们的注意 |
[06:48] | Here, let me demonstrate. I own a pony. Ask me a question. | 这样 让我示范一下 我有一只小马 问我问题 |
[06:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:55] | Um, what color is your pony? | 啊 你的小马是什么颜色? |
[06:56] | Well, when I first got Dandelion, she was a deep, chestnut brown, | 当我买”蒲公英”的时候 她是一只深栗色马 |
[07:00] | but, sadly, her stable is located near a chemical plant, which contaminated the drinking water. | 但不幸的是她的马厩就在化工厂附近 工厂污染了附近的饮用水 |
[07:05] | So over time, she’s turned a sickly, grayish-white color | 时间长了 她就变成了病态的灰白色 |
[07:08] | and there’s nothing that the vet can do to fix her. | 就连兽医也束手无策 |
[07:12] | My God! I’m– That’s horrible. | 天呐 这太惨了 |
[07:14] | Is Dandelion going to be okay? | “蒲公英”会好起来吗? |
[07:18] | Okay. All right. You are good! | 好 行了 你很在行嘛 |
[07:20] | Dandelion’s not even sick, is she? | “蒲公英”跟本没病 是不是? |
[07:25] | So the building’s really dead and you guys lied to me? | 那大楼真没有了? 而且你们真对我撒谎了? |
[07:29] | We, we just did it to protect you, Ted. | 我们 我们只是想保护你 |
[07:31] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不能相信 |
[07:32] | I just got screwed by my two best friends and I didn’t even know it. | 我刚刚被两个好朋友忽悠了 而且懵然不知 |
[07:38] | In Canada, that’s called a “Sneaky Snowplow.” | 在加拿大这叫”鬼祟的雪犁” |
[07:46] | am job, and now, it’s just gone. | 那大楼是我的梦想作品 但现在它没了 |
[07:50] | We’re so sorry, Ted. | Ted 真的很遗憾 |
[07:52] | Yeah, I need a drink. | 我想喝点酒 |
[07:54] | Poor Ted. | 可怜的 Ted |
[07:56] | Would I seem heartless if I switched us back to Canadian Sex Acts? | 我把话题转回加拿大做爱招式 是不是很无情呢? |
[07:59] | – Not at all. – I’m surprised you waited this long. | – 也不是 – 我惊讶你能等这么久 |
[08:01] | What the hell is a “Two-Hand Zamboni”? | 这”双手磨冰机”是什么动作? |
[08:03] | Let’s just say, the only thing the woman is wearing is skates on her hands. | 就是说 一个裸体女人双手套上冰鞋 |
[08:09] | A “Manitoba Milk Bag”? | 那”马尼托巴奶袋”呢? |
[08:11] | Okay, it’s like a “Chicago Mustache,” but the person on the bottom is wearing a snowsuit. | 这动作类似”芝加哥胡子” 不同的地方是下面的人是穿滑雪装 |
[08:16] | A “Newfoundland Lobster Trap”? | 那”纽芬兰龙虾陷阱’呢 |
[08:18] | Don’t know. Don’t want to know. Those Newfies are out of control. | 不知道 也不想知道 那帮纽芬兰人太疯狂了 |
[08:22] | Okay! Okay, I’m going to make my first guess. | 好 好 我来猜第一次 |
[08:24] | Okay, but I’ll only tell you if you correctly guess the person, the act and the collection. | 好啊 但是你要猜中是谁 用的什么招式 收藏了什么东西 |
[08:29] | Okay, I’m going to go. Bryan Adams. | 好 我猜是布莱恩・亚当斯 (80年代崛起的著名摇滚歌星) |
[08:32] | He collects baseball cards, | 他收藏棒球明星卡 |
[08:35] | and he wanted to do a “Greasy Kayak.” | 然后他想做是”油脂皮筏艇” |
[08:39] | No. | 不对 |
[08:41] | Wayne Gretzky, vintage Hot Wheels, a “Squatting Eskimo.” | Wayne Gretzky(冰上曲棍球明星) 古董风火轮玩具车 “蹲坐的爱斯基摩人” |
[08:45] | Nah-uh. | 错 |
[08:47] | Kiefer Sutherland, souvenir shot glasses, and a “Sticky Flapjack.” | 基弗・萨瑟兰 纪念版小酒杯 还有是”粘连烙饼” |
[08:53] | No. | 不是 |
[08:54] | That I would have done. | 要是那招 我不会拒绝的 |
[08:56] | Wait. Wait, if they pulled the plug on the project a month ago, | 等一下 如果他们真的停了这个项目 |
[09:00] | why have I been going in once a week to meet with the New Headquarters Task Force? | 为什么还要我每个礼拜都跑去 见新总部项目的委员会? |
[09:04] | Well, obviously you couldn’t come in and pitch to Bilson. | 很明显的是你不能去找Bilson |
[09:07] | So, we… invented the task force. | 其实 那个委员会是我们编造的 |
[09:10] | Then it was just a question of putting together the team. | 问题只是如何组成这个小组 |
[09:14] | You know Roy Waterman, Vice President of Capital and Risk? | 你记得资本风险部副总Roy Waterman吧 |
[09:18] | He’s actually… Roy the janitor. | 实际上他是…勤杂工Roy |
[09:20] | Excuse me, Roy. How’d you like to make a few extra bucks? | 抱歉 Roy 你想不想赚点外快? |
[09:26] | How naked do I have to get? | 我这次要脱到啥程度? |
[09:29] | Louisa Mendoza | 固定资产部的执行副总裁? Louisa Mendoza, Executive Vice President of Assets? |
[09:32] | She’s actually… Louisa the lunch lady. | 实际上她是… 午餐服务员Louisa |
[09:36] | Louisa, I need ur help with something, but you can’t tell anybody. | Louisa 我想要你帮我个忙 但你不能跟别人说 |
[09:40] | ******* | 我不会说英语 |
[09:42] | Exactly. This is a big secret. | 没错 这是个天大的秘密 |
[09:45] | How do you say “secret” in Spanish? | 西班牙语是怎么说”秘密”的? |
[09:47] | ******** | 来点肉丸子吗? |
[09:49] | Ah, yes. Albondigas. | 啊 对 小丸子 |
[09:52] | This will be our little albondigas. | 这是我们之间的秘密小丸子 |
[09:57] | Hey, can I, uh, have a couple meatballs, please? | 嘿 能不能给我 �� 盛点肉丸子? |
[10:00] | And Arthur Nasmith, the eccentric genius guru of corporate investments? | 还有Arthur Nasmith 企业投资部那个古怪的神人? |
[10:05] | He’s actually… | 实际上他是… |
[10:06] | Crazy Arty, 15th Street’s own one-man band. | 他其实是疯狂的街头艺人 15大街上表演一个人的乐队 |
[10:10] | Excuse me. Do you have a minute to talk? | 抱歉 能跟你聊聊吗? |
[10:12] | Actually, my assistant, Reginald, makes all my appointments. | 这个嘛 由我的助理Reginald安排我的行程 |
[10:20] | We rounded out the group with a few interns and paid everyone 50 bucks | 我们还拉进来几个实习生 付给每个人50块钱 |
[10:24] | to act super interested in what you were saying. | 让大家对你的设计表现出极大的兴趣 |
[10:33] | Reginald | 下周可别再给我揽这种活了啊 Reginald, get me out of this for next week. |
[10:37] | That was some of the most inspired design work I’ve done in my entire career. | 这可以说是我职业生涯里最有灵感的设计 |
[10:41] | I was so excited. | 我那么的兴奋 |
[10:45] | Alex Trebek, a “Musty Goaltender,” Beanie Babies! | Alex Trebek 采用”迟钝的守门员”式 喜欢收集豆豆公仔毛绒玩具! (益智游戏节目主持人 老头一名) |
[10:48] | – Nope. – Damn it! | – 不是 – 该死! |
[10:50] | Wait. So that explains the thing that happened with Louisa. | 等等 这就可以解释Louisa那时的反应了 |
[10:54] | – Good job, buddy. – Nice, nice! | – 干得好 伙计 – 很好 很好! |
[11:00] | Listen, Louisa. What are we going to do about this? | 听着 Louisa 我们之间的互相吸引 要不要更进一步呢? |
[11:07] | Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. | 别假装你听不懂我在说什么 |
[11:09] | I know you feel it, too. | 我知道你也是有感觉的 |
[11:13] | What the hell. | 管他呢 |
[11:15] | ****** | 不 不行 |
[11:17] | ******** | 我已经跟Barney先生订婚了 |
[11:20] | ************ | 管他呢 |
[11:21] | ****** | 人生苦短 |
[11:25] | No! No! No, this is wrong! | 不! 不! 不 不能这样做! |
[11:28] | For God’s sake, you’re on the task force! | 天啊 我怎么能和评委会的人混在一起! |
[11:34] | Is there anything else you want to tell me? | 你们还有什么想说的吗? |
[11:36] | Well, um, you know how you played third base for the GNB softball team? | �� 还记得你在GNB垒球队中当三垒手吗? |
[11:41] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[11:42] | There is no GNB softball team. | 根本没有GNB垒球队 |
[11:45] | We just rented out a field, rounded up a bunch of guys and told them to make you the hero. | 我们租了块场地 雇佣了一帮人 让他们把你捧成英雄 |
[11:50] | So my game-winning walk was a lie? | 那么我赢球后绕场一周也是场骗局? |
[11:53] | We’re sorry, Ted, but we knew that you’d be out of work soon, and we just– | 很抱歉 Ted 我们知道你很快就会 丢了这份工的 我们只是– |
[11:55] | we just wanted to make you feel good. | 我们只是想让你觉得好受一点 |
[11:57] | You know, that’s what friends do. | 你知道 朋友就是这样的 |
[11:58] | Lie to each other? | 对彼此撒谎? |
[11:59] | Sometimes, yeah, to protect each other’s feelings. | 有时吧 为了照顾彼此的感受 |
[12:02] | No way! You never lie to your friends. | 放P! 你不该对朋友撒谎 |
[12:04] | I would never not be honest with you. | 我对你可是至始至终的诚实 |
[12:06] | Really? What about that open mic night at the comedy club? | 真的? 在喜剧俱乐部即兴自由表演的那次呢? |
[12:09] | Are you like me, folks? | 你们喜欢我嘛 伙计们? |
[12:11] | Have you ever thought about how many different kinds of fish there are? | 你们有没有想过有多少种鱼类? |
[12:15] | And the names of those fish. | 还有那些鱼的名字 |
[12:21] | Let’s, uh, let’s take a little ride. | 让我们来瞧一瞧 |
[12:25] | Trout. Am I right? Sturgeon. I don’t think so, pal. | 鳟鱼 对吧? 鲟鱼 我想不是 伙计 |
[12:31] | Salmon. I’m going to say that again, salmon. | 鲑鱼 我要再说一遍 鲑鱼 |
[12:36] | Who thought that was a good idea, right? | 有谁会认为这是个好名字啊 对吧? |
[12:38] | Bass. This guy over here knows what I’m talking about. | 鲈鱼 这个家伙知道我说的啥 |
[12:43] | Halibut. Thank you, good night. | 大比目鱼 多谢大家 晚安 |
[12:49] | – How was I? – Oh, you were great. Really funny. | – 我表现如何? – 哦 太棒了 很有趣啊 |
[12:52] | You killed… everyone’s Thursday night. | 你萧杀了…大家美妙的周四之夜 |
[12:57] | Time out. | 暂停 |
[12:59] | You didn’t like the fish list? | 你们不喜欢那个鱼名的笑话? |
[13:00] | It was horrible! You just read a list of fish. | 那太糗了!你这是照着念了一长串的鱼名 |
[13:08] | Anyway… you guys just proved my point, okay? | 但是… 你们都证明了我的观点 对吧? |
[13:11] | You lied to me to protect my feelings. | 你们骗我是为了照顾我的感受 |
[13:13] | This is completely different! | 这根本是两码事! |
[13:14] | I just wasted a month of my life working on a dead project. | 我浪费了1个月的时间在一个取消的项目上 |
[13:18] | That’s time I could’ve spent trying to bring my firm new business. | 这段时间我完全可以给我的公司揽些新活 |
[13:21] | Instead, I’m going to go in there tomorrow morning. | 但是 明天早上我去上班 |
[13:23] | I’m probably going to get fired. | 我可能就被炒了 |
[13:25] | Best case scenario, my boss is going to ream me out in front of everybody. | 最好的情况也不过是 我的老板在众人面前对我大发雷霆 |
[13:31] | Back home, we call that a Sas… | 在加拿大 我们叫那个 Sas… |
[13:32] | – Saskatoon Totem Pole. – Yes. | – 萨斯卡通图腾柱 – 没错 |
[13:34] | It’s on here. | 这上面有 |
[13:41] | Good morning, lying bastards. | 早上好 骗子混人 |
[13:44] | Anything you want to lie about before I head off to work to get fired? | 在我去上班等着被炒鱿鱼之前 还想骗我一把吗? |
[13:47] | – That’s a nice shirt. – You’re the devil. | – 这件衬衣不错 – 你真混蛋 |
[13:49] | Ted, what if we told you that we found you a new project at GNB | Ted 如果我告诉你 我们帮你在GNB拿到了一个新项目 |
[13:52] | where you would be redesigning part of the 20th floor? | 由你来重新设计20楼的某一部分呢? |
[13:55] | Well, if that’s a lie, it’s an incredibly dull one. | �� 这是个谎言 而且很拙劣 |
[13:58] | What exactly would I be doing? | 我具体要干什么呢? |
[14:00] | This is the 18th Floor E.T.R. | 这就是第18层楼的E.T.R房间 |
[14:03] | Basically, Bilson wants a room just like this, only two stories up, on our floor. | 事实上 Bilson想要一个这样的房间 往上2层 我们那层 |
[14:07] | Wait, what’s an E.T.R.? | 等等 什么是E.T.R.? |
[14:09] | It’s the Employee Transition Room. | 是雇员中转室 |
[14:11] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[14:12] | Well, it’s a space where a supervisor and an employee engage in a knowledge transfer | 恩 这里是上级和雇员一起交流看法的地方 |
[14:17] | about an impending vocational paradigm shift. | 关于即将发生的职业模式的转变的看法 |
[14:21] | People get fired in here. | 这是雇员被炒的地方 |
[14:23] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[14:24] | Why do you need a room specifically for firing people? | 你们干嘛需要一个特定的房间 来炒员工啊? |
[14:27] | Well, um, GNB feels that people need a safe, secure space to deal with the news. | �� GNB觉得员工需要一个安全舒适的环境 来应对这个突变 |
[14:33] | Yeah. It gets pretty real in here. | 没错 在这里人性之恶显露无遗 |
[15:22] | So I reluctantly agreed to design a room where people would be fired. | 所以我很不情愿的接下了 设计炒鱿鱼房间的任务 |
[15:26] | But I was determined to make it my own. | 但我坚决要有自己的设计 |
[15:28] | Now, when you leave the dismissal space, | 那么 当你离开这个辞退办公室时 |
[15:30] | you’ll exit into what I’m calling the Rebirth Tranquility Hallway. | 你就会进入我所说的”平静重生”的长廊 |
[15:37] | Here, you’ll find a soothing oval chamber with a trained grief counselor. | 在这里 将会是一个舒适的椭圆形休息室 里面有训练有素的心理辅导员 |
[15:42] | It’s right here, past the New Beginnings Fountain. | 就在这 在”重新来过’喷泉的后面 |
[15:46] | And there you have it. | 就是这样 |
[15:47] | Instead of a drab, dark prison cell, a nurturing womb… | 跟那个暗无天日的囚室不同 这是孕育重生的场所… |
[15:53] | birthing you into a new life. | 给予你新的生命 |
[15:57] | – I love it. – Really? | – 我喜欢这个 – 真的? |
[15:59] | – Yeah. Nice work, Ted. – Thank you. | – 没错 干得好 Ted – 谢谢 |
[16:02] | Can you add some of these touches to the existing 18th Floor E.T.R.as well? | 你能把这些创意也加入到 现在18楼E.T.R室去吗? |
[16:05] | – Absolutely. – Great. Let’s take a look. | – 当然 – 很好 咱们来瞧瞧 |
[16:14] | Okay, so I’m thinking this wall… | 好吧 那么我觉得这面墙… |
[16:15] | – You’re fired! – What? | – 你被炒了! – 什么? |
[16:17] | I wanted this room! This exact room two floors up! | 我想要这样的房间! 一模一样高两层而已! |
[16:21] | – But… – You’re fired! | – 但是… – 你被炒了! |
[16:24] | Now, get the hell out of here. | 现在 给我滚出去 |
[16:29] | Hey, honey. | 嘿 甜心 |
[16:36] | Anyone from the band Rush, a “Montreal Meatpie,” and superhero lunch boxes. | Rush乐队的一员 采用”蒙特利尔牛肉派”式 收集超级英雄的午餐盒 |
[16:41] | No. | 不是 |
[16:43] | Okay. Rick Moranis, The Rerse Rick Moranis, antique Judaica. | 好吧Rick Moranis 采用Rerse Rick Moranis式 犹太老古董 (喜剧演员及配音员) |
[16:49] | – Nah-uh. – I give up. | – 不是 – 我放弃了 |
[16:51] | I’ve been guessing for three days. I-I-I’m done. | 我都猜了3天了 我-我-我玩够了 |
[16:54] | If that means I never get to know, so be it. | 如果我注定猜不到 那就算了 |
[16:57] | – Fine. – Tell us! Tell us! | – 好吧 – 告诉我们! 告诉我们! |
[17:01] | – Okay, you really want to know? – Yes! | – 好吧 你们真想知道啊? – 没错! |
[17:05] | But this information does not leave this table. | 但是你们不能外传 |
[17:10] | Oh, my, God. I am so excited. | 哦 天啊 我太紧张了 |
[17:14] | – I’m going to read it. – Read it. | – 我要读了 – 读吧 |
[17:15] | – I’m going to read it. – Read it. | – 我要读了 – 读吧 |
[17:16] | I’m going to read it. Here we go. | 我要读了 开始了 |
[17:19] | “The Frozen Snowshoe. Old King Clancy, Harvey’s trays.” | “冷酷的雪地鞋 老国王克兰西式 Harvey’s 餐厅的托盘” |
[17:28] | Right? | 了解了吧? |
[17:29] | I don’t know what any of those words mean. | 我都不知道这些词什么意思 |
[17:33] | Is one of those supposed to be a celebrity? | 这些词中的某个就是那个名人? |
[17:35] | Yeah, who the hell is Old King Clancy? | 对啊 谁是老国王克兰西? |
[17:40] | No, that’s not the person, that’s the sex act. | 不 这不是人名 是性爱招式 |
[17:43] | It’s the same as a Sacramento Turtleneck, except with maple syrup. | 跟”萨克拉门托高领毛衣”式一样 不过是用枫叶糖浆 |
[17:47] | So the celebrity was Harvey Straze? | 那么这个名人是Harvey Straze? |
[17:50] | No, that’s what he collected. Harvey’s trays. | 不 那是他收集的东西 Harvey’s餐厅的托盘 |
[17:54] | Those classic orange trays you get whenever you eat at Harvey’s? | 就是那种你在Harvey’s餐厅吃饭 看到的经典的橙黄色的托盘? |
[17:58] | The restaurant? | 那个餐厅啊? |
[18:00] | Oh, come on, you’re road tripping down the Trans-Canada Highway, | 哦 拜托 你们沿着横贯加拿大的公路行驶 |
[18:03] | you get a hunger on between Milverton and Wawa, where you gonna strap on a feed bag, huh? | 在Milverton和Wawa的路上你们饿了 你们将去哪儿觅食 嗯 ? |
[18:07] | Harvey’s. Over 12,000 served! | Harvey’s餐厅啊 卖出不下12,000份食物呢! |
[18:11] | So the celebrity was… | 那么这个名人是… |
[18:13] | The Frozen Snowshoe. | 冷酷的雪地鞋 |
[18:16] | Oh, my God! You guys have never heard of The Frozen Snowshoe? | 哦 天啊 ! 你们没听说过冷酷的雪地鞋么? |
[18:19] | He’s only the most famous professional wrestler in Canada. | 他是加拿大最出名的职业摔跤运动员啊 |
[18:23] | I met him after he defeated Reckless Rick Rogers in the Kamloops Memorial Arena back in ’02. | 02年他在Kamloops纪念赛上打败了 Reckless Rick Rogers后 我遇到了他 |
[18:29] | Classic match. | 经典的一战 |
[18:31] | So you’re saying The Frozen Snowshoe invited you back | 你是说这个冷酷的雪地鞋邀请你 |
[18:36] | to his place to look at Harvey’s trays, | 到他家去看Harvey’s餐厅的托盘 |
[18:39] | and asked you to do an Old King Clancy? | 并叫你一起嘿咻老国王克兰西式? |
[18:42] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:43] | And I’m serious, you cannot tell anyone. | 我是说真的 你们不能告诉别人 |
[18:47] | Well, my hiccups are gone. | 好吧 我不再打嗝了 |
[18:49] | Possibly forever. | 也许永远不会了 |
[18:51] | Canada! You did it again. | 加拿大! 你又来了 |
[18:54] | You even found a way to ruin this. | 你就连这样的事情都能那么损 |
[18:57] | Why? Why do we let you be a country? | 为什么? 为什么你居然算得上一个国家? |
[19:01] | Hey, mister mister. | 嘿 老大 老大 |
[19:03] | Shouldn’t you be upstairs designing your big, fancy E.T.R.? | 你不是该在楼上 设计你那伟大的美妙的E.T.R.? |
[19:06] | – I’m off the project. – What? | – 我不干这个项目了 – 什么? |
[19:08] | Bilson fired me. | Bilson炒了我 |
[19:10] | You’re kidding me. | 你不是在开玩笑吧 |
[19:11] | So what does this mean for you at your firm? | 这意味着你在公司会怎么样呢? |
[19:13] | Are you going to get laid off? | 会被开吗? |
[19:15] | – Actually, I just quit. – Why? | – 事实上 我辞职了 – 为啥? |
[19:19] | Because I can’t work for big, heartless corporate clients anymore. | 因为我不想再为无良的顾客工作了 |
[19:22] | When I was pitching to your “task force,” I was doing the most inspired work of my career. | 当我对着你们的”委员会”介绍自己作品的时候 我真的是在做我职业生涯中最有灵感的事 |
[19:27] | In a way, you idiots reminded me how much fun my job can be | 另外 你们这俩傻瓜提醒了我 不给像Bilson这样的人卖命 |
[19:31] | when I’m not answering to the Bilsons of the world, so… | 我的工作将会多有意思 所以… |
[19:34] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[19:37] | – They fired you, didn’t they? – Yes, sir. | – 他们炒了你 对吧? – 没错 长官 |
[19:40] | But I got a sweet severance package and I’ve made a big decision. | 但是我得到了不错遣散费 而且我做出一个重大决定 |
[19:44] | I’m going to start my own firm. | 我要开自己的公司 |
[19:45] | – Whoa, buddy. – That’s exciting. | – 哇 伙计 – 太振奋人心了 |
[19:47] | In thieconomy? | 在这样的经济形势下? |
[19:49] | So you’re not mad? | 你不是疯了吧? |
[19:51] | As it turns out, I’m grateful. | 实际上 我还有点感谢这一切 |
[19:57] | So how’d it all go down between you and Bilson? | 那么你和Bilson后来怎么样了? |
[19:59] | Well, after he proposed a vocational paradigm shift, | 既然他提出了职业方式转变的建议 |
[20:02] | I made an impromptu presentation using a four-pronged approach that really brought him to his knees. | 本人发表了即席演讲并使用了 “四管齐下”的做法 让他跪地不起 |
[20:07] | – Hit him with a chair? – Yep. | – 搬起椅子砸他? – 没错 |
[20:08] | That’s my boy. | 这才像我兄弟 |
[20:15] | **** | 2002年 英属哥伦比亚省 |
[20:16] | And this one, I got on the drive from Milverton to Wawa. | 还有这个 是我开车从Milverton去Wawa的路上拿到的 |
[20:20] | That’s pretty impressive, The Frozen Snowshoe. | 真是让人过目不忘啊 冷酷的雪地鞋 |
[20:23] | Please, we’re friends. Just call me “Shoe.” | 别 我们是朋友 叫我”小鞋”就行 |
[20:27] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[20:33] | So, Shoe… | 那么 小鞋… |
[20:36] | How would you like to give me… | 你介不介意给我… |
[20:40] | an Old King Clancy? | 老国王卡兰西式的嘿咻? |
[20:45] | I think you should go. | 我想你该走了 |