时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | *** your 30s and living in New York, | 孩子们 等你们到了30岁还住在纽约 |
[00:02] | there’s a few places you just never want to be: | 有几个地方你们绝对不会想去 |
[00:05] | Times Square on New Year’s Eve, | 新年夜的时代广场 |
[00:07] | Rockefeller Center around Christmastime… | 圣诞节前后的洛克菲勒中心 |
[00:10] | but most of all… A college bar? Oh,man. | 但是你们最不想去的地方应该是 大学酒吧? 有没有搞错 |
[00:13] | We’re probably going to run into my students. | 我们可能会遇上我的学生 |
[00:14] | They’re going to corner me and want a free lecture. | 他们会围上来 让我给他们免费讲一课 |
[00:17] | I don’t even have my slide projector. Damn it. | 我都没带幻灯机 他妈的 |
[00:19] | Ted,I’ve been Skee-Ball champ here since law school. | Ted我上法学院开始 就是这里的滑雪球冠军 |
[00:22] | I have to pop in at least once a month to maintain my record. | 我必须一个月至少来一次 来保持我的记录 |
[00:25] | Whoa. Looks like you’ve been gone a while. | 哇 看起来你好久没来了 |
[00:28] | Some guy named Big Fudge has been cleaning up. | 这个叫大软糖的人已经接你的班了 |
[00:30] | Yeah,he has. | 是啊 |
[00:32] | – And you’re Big Fudge. – The biggest. | – 你是大软糖? – 正是在下 |
[00:36] | – Um,so by the way,I-I have to tell you something. – Yeah. | – 另外我有事要告诉你 – 啥事 |
[00:38] | I,uh… invited Jenkins. | 我邀请了Jenkins |
[00:41] | Jenkins? No way! | Jenkins?不会吧? |
[00:43] | We’d all started hearing about Jenkins a few weeks earlier. | 我们几个星期之前 就已经开始听说Jenkins了 |
[00:46] | You guys will not believe what Jenkins did this time. | 你们肯定不会相信 这次Jenkins做了什么 |
[00:49] | Who’s Jenkins? | 谁是Jenkins? |
[00:50] | Oh,he’s this hilarious new lawyer at Marshall’s office. | 他是Marshall办公室新来的 超级搞笑的律师 |
[00:54] | Hilarious. | 超级搞笑 |
[00:57] | Okay,so there’s this jar of Maraschino cherries in the fridge at work. | 好吧 今天办公室冰箱里 有一瓶黑樱桃果酱 |
[01:00] | So,Jenkins says,”200 bucks,I’ll eat the whole jar. | Jenkins说 给我200块钱 我就整瓶吃掉 |
[01:05] | ” So,we give Jenkins 200 bucks… | 然后我们给了Jenkins200块钱 |
[01:10] | …and Jenkins ate the whole jar! | Jenkins整瓶吃掉了 |
[01:17] | Jenkins. | Jenkins |
[01:18] | And after that,the stories kept coming. | 这之后 故事持续不断 |
[01:20] | So,the CFO comes in to sign some acquisition papers. | 财务总监进来签署收购文件 |
[01:24] | So,Jenkins goes,”Excuse me,Mr. Wilcox. | Jenkins就说 不好意思 Wilcox先生 |
[01:27] | I think we forgot one of the documents. | 我们忘了一份文件 |
[01:36] | ” Jenkins! Jenkins | |
[01:39] | So,we all go out for beers after work. | 我们下了班去喝啤酒 |
[01:41] | Jenkins gets up on the bar and starts gyrating | Jenkins爬上桌子开始扭 |
[01:44] | like some sort of deranged stripper. | 跟个发疯的脱衣舞女似的 |
[01:46] | Next thing you know,off comes the shirt! | 还没等你反应过来 衬衫已经脱下来了 |
[01:50] | It was so gross. | 太恶心了 |
[01:53] | Jenkins. | Jenkins |
[01:54] | Right? | 是吧 |
[01:56] | Well,it’ll be great to finally meet the famous Jenkins | 听到这些故事以后能亲眼见到 |
[01:58] | after all those stories. | 这位著名的Jenkins真是太好了 |
[01:59] | Yeah. And there’s about to be one more story. | 是啊 接下来还有个故事 |
[02:02] | I’m going to bang Jenkins. | 我要上Jenkins |
[02:04] | – What? – You heard me. | – 什么? – 我说真的 |
[02:06] | You-you want to have sex with Jenkins? | 你想和Jenkins发生性关系? |
[02:08] | With Jenkins,on Jenkins,near Jenkins. You name it. | 上床 睡觉 性关系 随便你怎么说吧 |
[02:12] | I want to wear Jenkins like a sock. | 我想和Jenkins爽个透 |
[02:15] | You… but you’re… | 但是你…你是… |
[02:17] | Haven’t you… | 你不是… |
[02:18] | I’m… Really? | 我…你说真的? |
[02:19] | Hey,guys. | 各位好 |
[02:21] | Ted,this is Jenkins. | Ted 这是Jenkins |
[02:36] | how i met your mother s05e13 | |
[02:38] | Okay,this is going to sound crazy,but I thought Jenkins was a guy. | 可能会听起来有点疯狂 我以为Jenkins是个男的 |
[02:43] | What? That’s crazy! What gave you that idea? | 什么? 你疯了 你为什么会这么以为 |
[02:46] | Oh,I don’t know. Maybe the whole “Jenkins peed out the window of a cab” story. | 我不知道 可能是那个”Jenkins 从出租车窗口往外尿尿”的故事 |
[02:49] | Yeah. Much more impressive now,isn’t it? | 是啊 现在觉得很惊人了吧 |
[02:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:52] | Okay,I’ll come clean! | 好吧 我坦白 |
[02:54] | It all started a few weeks ago. | 都是几个星期前开始的 |
[02:56] | By the way,Four Eyes,new lawyer. This is Jenkins. | 另外 四眼儿 新来了个律师 这是Jenkins |
[02:59] | Watch out for this guy. He steals stuff. | 小心这个家伙 他偷东西 |
[03:01] | I don’t steal stuff. | 我不偷东西 |
[03:04] | And I don’t wear glasses. | 我也不戴眼镜 |
[03:07] | – I’m Marshall. – Hi,Marshall. | – 我是Marshall. – 嗨 Marshall. |
[03:10] | So,are you really a Vikings fan or was he lying about that,too? | 你真的是维京人队的粉丝 还是他又是在撒谎? |
[03:13] | Why? Is this a trap? Are you a Packers fan? | 为什么?是个陷阱吗? 你是包装工队的粉丝吗? |
[03:16] | My wife knows I’m here. | 我老婆知道我在这里 |
[03:17] | She doesn’t have money,but what she does have | 她虽然没有钱 但是她却 |
[03:19] | is a very special set of skills. | 拥有一系列特殊技能 |
[03:22] | I’m a Vikings fan,too! | 我也是维京人队的粉丝 |
[03:23] | I bleed purple and gold. I’m from Pelican Rapids. | 我超爱紫色和金色的(维京队徽颜色) 我来自Pelican Rapids |
[03:26] | – Pelican Rapids? No way. – Yeah. | – Pelican Rapids? 不是吧 – 是 |
[03:28] | My grandpa lives in Pelican Rapids. | 我爷爷住在Pelican Rapids |
[03:30] | Well,I mean,he’s dead now,but he haunts a barn off Route 108. | 他现在已经死了 但是他的魂儿经常 游荡在108公路上的一个谷仓附近 |
[03:34] | Whoa! Hold it,hold it. | 哇哦 等一下 等一下 |
[03:36] | Dude,if you tell me you have a thing for a woman that is not your wife, | 伙计 你要是敢说你对一个 不是你妻子的女人有感觉 |
[03:39] | I will drag you outside and kick your ass. | 我就把你拖出去痛打你一顿 |
[03:41] | Okay,first of all… | 好了 首先 |
[03:43] | come on,buddy. You can’t handle the Fudge. | 伙计 你根本对付不了大软糖 |
[03:46] | Second of all,no. I think of her like a… a big brother. | 其次 我只是把她当成一个哥们看待 |
[03:51] | Who,I guess,has boobs. | 一个有胸脯的哥哥 |
[03:52] | But so does my oldest brother,Marvin Jr. | 但是我大哥也有胸 Marvin Jr. |
[03:54] | Anyway,that night,I told Lily about it. | 总之 那天晚上 我告诉Lily |
[03:57] | Jenkins. | Jenkins |
[03:59] | I can’t wait to meet him. | 我真想见见他 |
[04:01] | I should have corrected her. | 我当时应该纠正她 |
[04:02] | It would have been so easy. | 当时应该很容易 |
[04:05] | But I didn’t,so,after that, | 但是我没有 从那以后 |
[04:07] | whenever I talked about Jenkins,I always avoided pronouns. | 每次我说到Jenkins 我总是避免用人称代词 |
[04:11] | So,the head of marketing comes in to choose people for the Midwest audit. | 市场部的头头过来选人 做中西部的审计 |
[04:15] | So,he goes,”Him,him,her,”him,him… | 他说 他 他 她 他 他 |
[04:20] | Jenkins,him,her. | Jenkins 他 她 |
[04:22] | ” Look,I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just tell Lily. | 听着 我不明白 你为什么不直接告诉Lily |
[04:24] | Do you really think she’d be all that jealous? | 你真的认为她会嫉妒 |
[04:26] | Ted,think about those stories I told you. | Ted想一想我告诉你的那些故事 |
[04:44] | Yeah,I could see how that’d be a problem. | 是啊 我明白为什么会有问题了 |
[04:46] | Exactly. That’s why Lily can’t find out. | 就是 这就是为什么不能让Lily知道 |
[04:49] | Lily can’t find out what? | 不能让Lily知道什么 |
[04:50] | That Marshall’s going to buy her a horse. | Marshall要给她买匹马 |
[04:53] | You are? That is so awesome! I love those things. | 真的?太好了 我超爱马的 |
[04:59] | Hey,guys,why… why is that kid over there staring at me? | 各位 为什么那边有个孩子一直盯着我 |
[05:04] | I think I know what this is. | 我想我知道原因了 |
[05:06] | I think it has finally happened. | 我想这件事终于发生了 |
[05:09] | I’m getting recognized from my show. | 人们看了我的节目开始认出我来了 |
[05:12] | Oh,Robin,that is so cute. | 哦 Robin 太好了 |
[05:15] | But that’s Scotty. He’s one of my students,and he’s looking at me. | 不过那是Scotty 他是我的学生 他是在看我 |
[05:18] | How weird is it that I’m more famous than you? | 多奇怪啊 我比你出名 |
[05:21] | Not at all,’cause you’re not. I’m on TV. | 一点也不奇怪 因为你不我出名 我出现在电视上 |
[05:23] | Yeah,and I have 30 students in my class. | 是啊 我班上有30个学生 |
[05:25] | That’s what,30 times your viewership? | 是你的观众数量的三十倍 |
[05:28] | Now,this will give Scotty a little thrill– | 我们来让Scotty小小激动一下吧 |
[05:29] | buying a drink for the old prof. | 来给教授敬杯酒 |
[05:33] | All right,Scotter,one question about neoclassical architecture, and that is it. | 好吧 Scotty 只许问一个关于古典建筑的问题 |
[05:37] | You’re Robin Scherbatsky,right? | 你是Robin Scherbatsky 对吧? |
[05:38] | – What? – Yes,I am. | – 什么? – 我是 |
[05:41] | Wow. Look,I-I didn’t mean to stare. | 哇 我不是故意要盯着你 |
[05:43] | It’s just,I watch your show all the time. | 我一直看你的节目 |
[05:47] | – Really? – Really? | – 真的? – 真的? |
[05:49] | Totally. | 千真万确 |
[05:52] | What are you doing out with Ted? | 你怎么和Ted在一起 |
[05:53] | – Uh,it’s Professor Mosby. – We’re friends. | – 我是Mosby教授 – 我们是朋友 |
[05:56] | Holy crap! | 我靠来 |
[05:58] | Robin Scherbatsky is friends with my econ professor. | Robin Scherbatsky和我的 经济学教授是朋友 |
[06:01] | It’s architecture! All right,you know what,Scotty? You’re crowding us. Hit the bricks. | 是建筑学 好了 Scotty 别来烦我们了 哪凉快去哪儿吧 |
[06:06] | Wait a minute. You’re Big Fudge. | 等一下 你是大软糖 |
[06:07] | Go! | 快滚 |
[06:11] | – Hello? – Hey,baby,I’m on my way up. | – 你好? – 嘿 宝贝 我在来你这里的路上 |
[06:14] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[06:15] | There was a measles outbreak at school,and they called a half day. | 学校里爆发麻疹 然后他们放了半天假 |
[06:19] | S Thought I’d come by here,have lunch,maybe give you the measles. | 我就想过来跟你一起吃午饭 或者顺便把麻疹传染给你 |
[06:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:25] | Um,I have a problem. That was my wife. | 我有问题了 刚才是我老婆 |
[06:28] | When I first mentioned you,s he mistakenly thought you were a guy,and so… | 我第一次向她提起你的时候 她误以为你是个男的 |
[06:31] | So,now you’re worried that when she finds out I’m a woman, | 现在你担心如果她发现我是个女人 |
[06:33] | she’s going to totally flip out. | 她会彻底抓狂 |
[06:35] | Yes. E-exactly. | 是的 确实 |
[06:37] | Oh,geez. Oh,gosh. Okay. Okay,I was in an improv group in Pelican Rapids. Follow my lead. | 哦天啊 我在Pelican Rapids 进过即兴表演小组 照我的做 |
[06:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:45] | Hey,baby. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[06:47] | I’m Lily,Marshall’s wife. | 我是Lily Marshall的妻子 |
[06:49] | Hi,Lily. I am from the French embassy. | 嗨 Lily 我是法国大使馆的 |
[06:51] | I am here because of a small but significant cheese incident that occurred… | 我来是因为这里发生了一起很小 但是很严重的奶酪事故… |
[06:56] | She’s Jenkins! | 她是Jenkins |
[07:02] | You’re Jenkins? | 你是Jenkins? |
[07:04] | Yeah,well,that,uh,Camembert cris isn’t going to resolve itself, | 恩 是啊 奶酪事故还有待解决 |
[07:08] | so I’ll catch you guys on the flip-flop. | 那我们就等会儿再见 |
[07:10] | Marshall cringed. This was the moment he had feared. | Marshall害怕了 这就是他惊恐的时刻 |
[07:13] | The famous Jenkins! How about that? | 著名的Jenkins 真有意思 |
[07:16] | Funny,I was picturing a guy. Anywho,lunch? | 好玩 我还以为是个男的 谁想吃午餐? |
[07:20] | Wait. W-w-wait. So… so,you’re not jealous at all? | 等一下 你一点也不嫉妒? |
[07:23] | Oh,sweetie. | 哦 宝贝 |
[07:25] | I never have to worry about you with another woman. | 我永远也用不着担心你和另一个女人 |
[07:28] | Right,because we’re so hopelessly in love,right? | 对 因为我们爱的死去活来是吧 |
[07:31] | Yeah,sure. Anywho,lunch? | 是啊 当然 谁想吃午餐? |
[07:36] | She wasn’t jealous at all. | 她一点也不嫉妒 |
[07:37] | Of course,she wasn’t jealous. | 当然她不会嫉妒 |
[07:38] | That’s the whole dynamic of your relationship. | 这是你们关系中的局势 |
[07:41] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[07:42] | Uh,it’s like this,my man. | 听我给你讲 哥们 |
[07:44] | Every good relationship has a reacher and a settler. | 每个良好的关系 有一个高攀者和一个屈就者 |
[07:47] | Exactly. One person reaches for someone out of their league; | 正是 一个人高攀上一个比自己好的人 |
[07:50] | the other one settles for someone below theirs. | 另外一个屈就给不如自己的一个人 |
[07:53] | I did not settle for Lily. | 我没有屈就给Lily |
[07:56] | Okay,yes,she’s a little short,and– | 虽然她确实有点儿矮 |
[07:59] | true – my mom says she doesn’t have the hips to birth an Eriksen child,but… | 而且我妈妈说屁股太小不能生孩子 |
[08:04] | Oh,my God,you guys think I’m the reacher. | 哦 天啊 你们认为我是高攀者 |
[08:05] | That’s why Lily’s not jealous. | 这就是为什么Lily一点也不嫉妒 |
[08:07] | The settler is never jealous of the reacher because, | 屈就者从来不会因为高攀者嫉妒 |
[08:10] | where is the reacher going to go? | 因为高攀者还能如何啊 |
[08:12] | The settler,Lily,is the best thing that the reacher, | 屈就者Lily是高攀者Marshall |
[08:15] | Marshall,is ever going to get. | 所能配的上到的最好的人了 |
[08:16] | No. No… okay. | 不 不 好吧 |
[08:17] | Yes,I am lucky to have Lily,but Lily is just as lucky… | 我很幸运能和Lily在一起 但是Lily也同样幸运 |
[08:22] | to have me. | 能和我在一起 |
[08:23] | Okay. Neither one of us is the reacher. | 我们俩没人是高攀者 |
[08:25] | Dude,you are so the reacher. You’re getting her a horse! | 伙计 你完全就是高攀者 你都要给她买匹马了 |
[08:31] | – What? – Shh. Take the hit. Take the hit. | – 什么? – 嘘 别反抗了 别反抗了 |
[08:37] | Thus ending modern architecture’s very brief experiment | 关于V型结构的现代建筑学的简短实验 |
[08:41] | with the V-frame house. | 就到此结束了 |
[08:45] | Um… Excuse me a second. | 恩…稍等一下 |
[08:48] | – What are you doing here? – I noticed you forgot something this morning, | – 你来干嘛? – 你今天早上落东西了 |
[08:51] | so I thought I’d bring it by. Your pen. | 所以我想我给你捎过来吧 你的钢笔 |
[08:54] | This is your pen. And you chewed on the end of it. Recently. | 这是你的钢笔 你还咬过钢笔头 刚咬的 |
[08:58] | Ah,not a problem,Ted. | 不客气 Ted |
[08:59] | – Your class was on my way to work. – No,it’s not. | – 我上班刚好路过 – 你不路过 |
[09:01] | AtCome On,Get Up New York! ,where I’m an anchor,so… | 我节目是 醒来吧纽约 我是主播 |
[09:05] | I watch your show all the time. | 我一直都看你的节目 |
[09:08] | What?! You watch the show? | 什么?!你看我的节目? |
[09:11] | Oh! Well,paint me flattered. Any other fans out there? | 哦 好吧 我很荣幸 还有谁是我的粉丝吗 |
[09:14] | – Oh,we got… oh. – Okay,all right. Thanks for coming by,Robin. | – 哦 这位…哦 – 好了 谢谢你过来 Robin |
[09:17] | Oh,well,tune in tonight. I am doing a great piece on snail poison. | 今晚注意收看 我今晚做一期很棒的 关于食用蜗牛中毒节目 |
[09:22] | Also,who’s got the worst pizza in New York? | 另外纽约哪家家的披萨最烂 |
[09:25] | I’ll give you the answer after traffic on the ones,threes,fives and nines. | 路况信息后我会给你们答案 |
[09:30] | Really? You guys watch her show? | 当真? 你们看她的节目? |
[09:33] | It’s like watching a well-lit aquarium,but not as interesting. | 感觉就像看一个光线充足的水箱 但是没水箱那么有意思 |
[09:36] | And now that I think about it,not as well lit. | 仔细想想 也没水箱那么光线充足 |
[09:39] | Well,the truth is,we watch it for the drinking game. | 我们看她节目其实是为了喝酒游戏 |
[09:43] | – *** – Her morning show comes on so early, | – 说得再明白些 – 她那个节目开播相当的早 |
[09:46] | we’re usually still at the bar, | 我们通常都还在酒吧呢 |
[09:48] | so whenever she does an interview, | 因此 每当她访谈什么人 |
[09:49] | you have to drink every time she says,”But,um… | 只要她说 “可 那个…” |
[09:54] | – “But,um…”? – “But,um… | – “可 那个…”? – “可 那个…” |
[09:56] | ” Apparently,she says it a lot. | 很明显 她说的相当频繁 |
[09:59] | It’s funny. I had a drinking game based on Robin,but it was actually on Robin. | 说来有趣 我也玩过和Robin相关的酒戏 只不过是真正的在她身上 |
[10:03] | – I’d pour peach schnapps in her belly button… – Dude,we agreed we wouldn’t do this. | – 我先在她的肚脐上倒些桃子杜松子酒… – 哥们 不是说好不说这种事的吗 |
[10:06] | Sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你说的对 |
[10:08] | She didn’t like it anyway. Said it woke her up. | 再说她也不太喜欢 说老是弄醒她 |
[10:13] | Does she really say “But,um… ” that much? | 她真说”可 那个…”那么频繁吗? |
[10:15] | That night,we found out just how much she said it. | 那晚 我们知道了她说得有多频繁 |
[10:18] | – Oh,that’s great. But,um… – But,um… Nice. | – 啊 真是太好了 可 那个… – 可那个… 好 |
[10:21] | this wasn’t your first spelling bee,was it? | 这不是你头一次参加拼字比赛吧? |
[10:23] | Nope. Third. | 不是 第三回了 |
[10:24] | Oh,good for you. | 真是好孩子 |
[10:26] | But,um… | 可 那个… |
[10:28] | But,um… | 可 那个… |
[10:36] | She’s one of those people… | 她原来是那种人… |
[10:46] | Interesting article in the paper. | 今天报纸上这文章还真有意思… |
[10:49] | Says that in every relationship,there’s a reacher and a settler. | 说每对恋人中 都会有一人”高攀”一人”屈就” |
[10:52] | Really? Let me see it. | 是吗?哪呢 我看 |
[10:54] | No,uh,it’s not in this newspaper. It’s in one I read a while back. | 没 不在这份报上 是我在早前的一份报上看的 |
[10:57] | This newspaper reminded me of the other newspaper. | 这份报让我想起了那份报 |
[11:00] | Anywho… | 不管怎么着吧… |
[11:02] | what do you think about that? | 你对这事怎么想? |
[11:04] | Well,I guess sometimes that’s the case. | 嗯 有些恋人是那样的 |
[11:08] | But not in ours. | 但咱们不是 |
[11:09] | What? No,of course not. | 咱们当然不是 |
[11:11] | Right. | 嗯 |
[11:14] | Well,say– gun to your head– | 不过 如果有把枪顶着你的头… |
[11:18] | you had to say one of us was the reacher. | 你被逼着非得说咱们中谁是高攀的 |
[11:22] | Well,I’d say it’s neither. | 那 我会说都不是 |
[11:23] | That’s what makes us great. | 所以咱们才这么融洽 |
[11:26] | Okay,now there’s a gun tomyhead and our future children, | 那 现在这枪指向了我的头 还有咱们的孩子 |
[11:30] | and our future cat or monkey, | 还指着咱们将来养的猫或猴 |
[11:32] | depending on who wins the game of Risk we’ve been playing for three years. | 至于是哪个 那得看咱们谁赢得了 未来三年的冒险游戏了 |
[11:36] | Nope. No reacher,no settler. | 还是没有 没人高攀 没人屈就 |
[11:42] | – Well,how about this? – This went on for a while. | – 那这么说吧? – 这种车轱辘话说了大半晌 |
[11:46] | Until finally… | 终于… |
[11:48] | Our two kids,our eight grandkids, | 我们的两个孩子 八个孙子 |
[11:50] | our 11 great-grandkids are all on a plane | 11个重孙子 全都在一架飞机上 |
[11:55] | piloted by Oprah and it’s about to crash into an art museum | Oprah驾驶着 马上就要撞上一家艺术博物馆 |
[12:00] | with all of your favorite paintings,and the only way… | 里面全是你喜欢的作品 而唯一的出路… |
[12:02] | the only way to save everything is just… | 拯救这一切唯一的办法… |
[12:05] | is just to answer the question: | 就是回答下面这个问题 |
[12:06] | Are you the reacher or the settler? | 你是”高攀”还是”屈就” |
[12:11] | And Oprah’s tried everything? | Oprah已经无计可施了? |
[12:12] | Everything! You have to decide now. | 没了 你必须当即立断 |
[12:17] | Well,I guess,if Ihadto say,then maybe I’d say I’m the settler. | 那要是我非说不可的话 我得说我是”屈就” |
[12:23] | How could you say that?! | 你怎么能说出这种话来? |
[12:25] | She thinks that she’s the settler. | 她说她是”屈就”于我了 |
[12:28] | I mean,that’s it. I gotta-I gotta prove to her that I am not the reacher. | 没法子了 我得向她证明我才不是”高攀”的 |
[12:33] | I gotta make her jealous. | 我得让她吃醋 |
[12:34] | Well,that’s easy. Here’s the plan. | 那简单 你就这么办 |
[12:35] | Step 1: Sleep with Jenkins. | 第一步 和Jenkins上床 |
[12:38] | Step 2: I sleep with Jenkins first. | 第二步 我先和Jenkins上床 |
[12:40] | Step 3: We do step two first. | 第三步 咱们先实施第二步 |
[12:42] | I’m gonna go get started on step two. | 我去执行第二步了 |
[12:45] | Okay,okay,I got something. | 好吧 我有主意了 |
[12:48] | Remember the other night,the Skee-Ball game? | 记不记得那晚玩滚球游戏? |
[12:49] | When you were putting nothing but wood in the 50 hole? | 你连连将木球投入50分洞口 |
[12:51] | Whatever. Just another night for Big Fudge. | 有什么大不了的 只是我大软糖放异彩的又一晚而已 |
[13:17] | You thought she was into me? | 你觉得她对我有意思? |
[13:19] | Full-on lady wood. | 简直为你着迷 |
[13:22] | Yes. Of course. | 是啊 就是嘛 |
[13:24] | A plan taketh shape. | 计划成形了 |
[13:27] | If Lady Lily’s jealousy young Marshall cannot budge, | 如果年轻的Marshall不能让淑女Lily吃醋 |
[13:33] | then perchance,fair gentles,Big Fudge… | 那恐怕 先生们 大软糖… |
[13:37] | can… make her jealous. | 也许能…让她吃醋 |
[13:40] | – Okay,let me try that again. If Lady Lily’s… – I got it,buddy. I got it. | – 这个不算 我再来一次 如果… – 我明白了 哥们 别说了 |
[13:46] | Ted,I have got a great idea. | Ted 我有了个绝妙的主意 |
[13:50] | Oh,is it “clean your hair “out of the shower drain when you’re done”? | 呃 你终于愿意洗完澡后 清理掉排水口上的头发了吗? |
[13:52] | Seriously,it’s like you’re trying to carpet the tub. | 没开玩笑 不知道的 还当你要给浴缸编个毯子呢 |
[13:55] | If you wanted to print out one of your lectures or something, | 如果你愿意 你可以把你的讲议打印出来 |
[13:58] | I could read it on air. | 我在节目中读一下 |
[14:00] | Coming from a more entertaining source, | 通过这种寓教于乐的方式 |
[14:04] | your students might actually pay attention and learn something. | 你的学生也许能真正的学到点东西 |
[14:06] | Oh,you’re entertaing? | 你那也叫寓教于乐? |
[14:08] | Last night,there was three minutes of dead air | 昨天你的节目有三分钟啥也没播 |
[14:10] | while you sewed a button back on your sweater. | 就等着你把扣子重新缝回毛衣上 |
[14:13] | Look,just because your class likes me more than you… | 听着 不能因为你的学生喜欢我多过你就… |
[14:16] | – You’re a drinking game! – What? | – 你不过是他们的酒戏 – 什么? |
[14:18] | That’s why they watch. They made a drinking game out of you. | 他们看你的节目不过是想用你行个酒令 |
[14:21] | Every time you say “but,um… ,” they do a shot. | 只要你一说”可那个…” 他们就干一杯 |
[14:24] | – “But,um… “? – Yeah. | – “可 那个…”? – 是的 |
[14:26] | I don’t say,”But,um… ” I’ve never said,”But,um… | 我才不说”可 那个…” 我从没说过”可那个…” |
[14:29] | ” Well,then,I guess it’s not a very good drinking game. | 那 我想 也许并不是啥好酒令 |
[14:32] | Which would mean last night,when Barney and I played it, | 也就是说 昨天我和Barney行这个令时 |
[14:34] | I didn’t get super wasted and throw up all over myself. | 我没有喝到烂醉还吐了自己一身 |
[14:37] | Oh,wait,I did both of those things. | 等下 我既醉且吐了 |
[14:40] | So,face. | 直面现实吧 |
[14:45] | – Hey,Jenkins. – Hey,buddy. | – 嗨 Jenkins – 嗨 哥们 |
[14:47] | Hey,so,um,Lily and I are gonna go back to that college bar again. | 嗨 呃 Lily和我还打算再去学校那间酒吧 |
[14:52] | And,uh,we were wondering if maybe you wanted to come. | 我们想问问你去不去 |
[14:55] | Uh,you could just,like,watch me play Skee-Ball | 呃 你可以去看我玩滚球 |
[14:57] | or do exactly what you did the other night. Something like that. | 你就还像那天晚上那样表现 你明白那意思哈 |
[15:00] | It’s really up to you. I mean,I know that… | 当然 你自己决定 我是说 我知道… |
[15:19] | Hey,baby,what are you doing home? | 嗨 宝贝 怎么这么早就回来了 |
[15:23] | “Baby. ” That’s… that’s a name I don’t deserve. | “宝贝” 我配不上这个称呼了 |
[15:27] | – What? – Jenkins kissed me. She kissed me. | – 怎么了? – Jenkins 吻了我 她吻了我 |
[15:31] | The other day,she saw me play Skee-Ball,and I don’t know, | 那天 她一直在看我玩滚球 我也不知道 |
[15:35] | I guess she caught some of the Big Fudge fever. | 我还觉得她可能是因为 大软糖一时头脑发热了 |
[15:38] | But you have to know I stopped it right away. | 不过你要知道 我即刻制止了她 |
[15:40] | And just,you’re the only one for me,baby. | 而你 永远是我的唯一 宝贝 |
[15:45] | Oh,I see what this is. | 我明白怎么回事了 |
[15:48] | This is about the whole reacher/settler thing. | 你还在纠结高攀 屈就那回事呢 |
[15:51] | Come again for Big Fudge? | 就为了大软糖再说一次? |
[15:53] | You want to make me jealous,so you’re making up a story about Jenkins. | 你想让我吃醋 所以你就编了和Jenkins的瞎话 |
[15:57] | I’m not making this up! This happened. | 我没编瞎话 确有其事 |
[16:00] | That woman kissed me with tongue. | 那娘们舌头都用上了 |
[16:02] | Her-her tongue was in my mouth. | 她的舌头都进了我的嘴里了 |
[16:04] | Sure it was. | 对 进了 |
[16:06] | It was thick and rough like a starfish arm. | 她的舌头又厚又粗糙 好像海星的触角 |
[16:09] | Oh,I’m so jealous. | 真是气死了我 |
[16:12] | I’m just gonna go over there and punch her right in the nose. | 我要去你们公司 打她个春光灿烂 |
[16:15] | Give her a knuckle sandwich. | 对她饱以老拳 |
[16:17] | Come on,baby. You want some soup? | 好了 宝贝 要喝汤吗? |
[16:21] | It happened! | 确有其事啊 |
[16:24] | Do you have any… | 你有没有… |
[16:26] | split pea left? | 留点豆子给我? |
[16:29] | These are just a few of the many contributions he made to architecture | 这些只是他对建筑界所做贡献的一角 |
[16:33] | and yet he is only rembered for one thing. | 然而他只因一件作品为人们所铬记 |
[16:36] | That my friends,is the sad legacy of Gregorio Franchetti Gazebo. | 同学们 那就是令人难过的 Gregorio Franchetti Gazebo |
[16:44] | Any questions? | 有问题吗? |
[16:45] | – Hey,do you want to go out drinking with us tonight? – What? | – 今晚你要不要和我们一起去喝一杯 – 什么? |
[16:48] | Yeah,we’re gonna play the Robin Scherbatsky drinking game. | 我们还要行那个Robin Scherbatsky酒令 |
[16:51] | We were wondering if you wanted to join us. | 想知道你能不能一起来 |
[16:53] | Well,what can I say except “But,ums up. | 那 我只能说 一起”可那个”吧 |
[17:00] | ” Can I still come? I’ll pay. | 还带我吧? 我买单 |
[17:04] | – Nice. – Oh,yeah. | – 很好 – 哦耶 |
[17:06] | So,your third book was your breakout novel but,um… | 这么说你第三本小说才开始崭露头角 可那个… |
[17:10] | But,um…! | 可那个! |
[17:12] | Damn! Sorry. | 靠 对不起 |
[17:15] | But– just “but” no “um,” just “but. | 可-只有”可” 没”那个” 只有 “可” |
[17:19] | ” Your first novel was written more quickly. | 你的第一部小说写得更快些 |
[17:23] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[17:24] | – But,um… – But,um… | – 可 那个… – 可 那个… |
[17:27] | How great is this? | 真是太爽了 |
[17:31] | And it was right then that Robin got an idea | 然而 就在那时 Robin有了主意 |
[17:33] | that would end the drinking game forever. | 一个能永远结束这酒戏的主意 |
[17:35] | I wanted to ask you about the novel you’re writing right now. | 我想问下您现下正在写的这部小说 |
[17:39] | – But,um… – But,um… | – 可 那个… – 可 那个… |
[17:41] | … it’s an idea you’ve had for a,but,um… | 灵感来自于你 那个… |
[17:43] | But,um… | 可 那个 |
[17:45] | – … long time,but,um… – But,um… | – 长期的 可那个… – 可 那个… |
[17:48] | No… No,no,no. Don’t drink,it’s a trap! | 停 停 停 别喝了 这是个陷阱 |
[17:50] | I think I’m gonna go. You can keep your ten bucks. | 我得走了 那十块钱你留着自个花吧 |
[17:53] | Okay,but,um,thanks for being with us. | 好啊 可 那个 感谢你能来 |
[17:56] | But,um,if there’s any college kids watching, | 可 那个 如果有大学生在看本节目 |
[17:58] | but,um,but,um,but,um,but,um,but,um,but,um,but,um,but,um… | 可 那个… 可那个… 可那个 …. |
[18:01] | We have to drink,Professor. It’s the rules. | 咱们不得不喝 教授 这是规则 |
[18:05] | She said,”But,um… | 只要她说 “可 那个…” |
[18:09] | God help us all. | 主啊 救救我们 |
[18:14] | Here you are. | 你在这呢 |
[18:15] | – I’m so sorry I kissed you yesterday. – That’s okay. | – 真抱歉昨天吻了你 – 没关系 |
[18:19] | – And I’m sorry I had sex with you in the mailroom. – That wasn’t me. | – 也为昨天和你在收发室的嘿咻抱歉 – 那人不是我 |
[18:23] | Oh,good grief,that’s two awkward conversations I have to have today. | 这下好了 今天得有两次尴尬的谈话了 |
[18:27] | I don’t normally do that. I-I was really drunk. | 我平常不是这个样子的 当时醉得太厉害了 |
[18:30] | You were drunk at 8:00 in the morning? | 你早上8点还没醒酒呢? |
[18:32] | Yeah,I don’t know how that happened. | 是呀 我也不知道咋搞的 |
[18:34] | I thought snail pellets were safe,but,um… | 我个人觉得蜗牛丸子很安全 可 那个… |
[18:36] | But,um… | 可 那个… |
[18:42] | I gotta get to work. | 我得上班去了 |
[18:46] | Man,that game is really catching on. | 老天 这游戏还挺流行 |
[18:48] | Damn it,how could I do this? | 真是的 我怎么会做这种事 |
[18:50] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[18:51] | No,you know what,it’s not okay. | 不 当然有事 |
[18:53] | You’re the nicest guy in this stupid office | 这烂办公室里 你是最好的人了 |
[18:55] | and I really don’t want to screw up our friendship. | 我真的不想破坏咱们 纯洁的男女关系 |
[18:58] | This is so embarrassing. Please don’t tell anyone. | 真是太丢人了 请不要和别人讲 |
[19:00] | No,who am I gonna tell? Lily? I told Lily. | 当然不会 我能告诉谁呀? 我告诉Lily了 |
[19:05] | Oh,for Pete’s sake,well,I gotta go talk to her. I gotta apologize. | 老天啊 我只好去和她谈谈了 我得去道歉 |
[19:08] | – No! No! Don’t… – Yes. Marshall,I’m just gonna tell her that it happened, | – 不用 不用 不要… – 要的 Marshall 我得向她坦白 确有其事啊 |
[19:12] | that it meant nothing and that I’m sorry. | 不过那完全不意味着任何事情 我很抱歉 |
[19:14] | No,I… | 不 我… |
[19:18] | – Yes. Yes. Do that. – I will. | – 对 对 去吧 – 我会的 |
[19:23] | Yeah,and if you don’t have time for all that, | 对 要是你赶时间 |
[19:25] | just tell her it happened,and that you’re sorry. | 只要和她说确有其事 你很抱歉就行了 |
[19:28] | And if you’re in a real rush,you don’t even have to say,”I’m sorry. | 要是时间真的很紧 道歉就省了吧 |
[19:30] | ” Just tell her that it happened. | 只要说确有其事就行了 |
[19:31] | That’s the important part,that it actually happened. | 这才是重点 确确实实有其事 |
[19:34] | So emphasize that as much as you can. | 尽可能的多强调这一点 |
[19:38] | And so,Lily,I guess what I’m saying is,it happened. | 因此 Lily 我得说 确有其事 |
[19:41] | I feel terrible about it,and I’m really sorry. | 我真的非常抱歉 |
[19:45] | aaa | 唉 确有其事呀 |
[19:48] | bbb | 我有什么办法 真的发生了 |
[19:51] | ccc | 很可怕 可确有其事 |
[19:55] | ddd | 是呀 我也很内疚 我都恨我自己 |
[19:57] | eee | 我的所做伤害了你 还有你和Marshall的关系 |
[20:02] | fff | 请你一定要原谅我 |
[20:05] | ggg | 敢亲我老公 我的老公 除了我 谁也不能亲我孩他爹 |
[20:13] | hhh | Marshall 你挡住镜头了 |
[20:15] | – iii – jjj | – 孩子们 你们的Marshall叔叔再也没敢 让你Lily阿姨吃醋 – 这才带劲 |
[20:26] | kkk | 今儿这节课咱们都低调点 |
[20:31] | lll | 不准说话 |
[20:34] | mmm | 不准制造噪音 |
[20:38] | nnn | 你们还好吧 大家伙 |
[20:40] | ooo | 不 不 不 走远点 |
[20:43] | ppp | 我就是顺道来说一句 |
[20:48] | qqq | 感谢收看”早安纽约” |
[20:58] | rrr | 可 那个… |