时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I cannot stop staring at that girl’s face. | 我的目光没法从那个女孩脸上移开 |
[00:04] | Face. Huh. | 脸 奇了怪了 |
[00:06] | That’s your weirdest nickname for boobs yet. | 这可是你目前给咪咪起的最怪异的代号了 |
[00:08] | No, Ted, | 不 泰德 |
[00:10] | I’m really looking at her face. | 我真的是在看她的脸呢 |
[00:12] | Aw… that’s actually really sweet. | 那可真是贴心呢 |
[00:14] | Puffy cheeks, | 鼓鼓的脸蛋 |
[00:15] | smudged mascara, | 黏糊糊的睫毛 |
[00:17] | slightly red nose… | 红红的鼻头 |
[00:19] | That girl was just crying. | 那姑娘肯定哭过 |
[00:21] | She’s so sad | 她看起来那么伤心 |
[00:22] | and defenseless. | 又没什么防御能力 |
[00:24] | Anyone have a condom? | 你们谁带套套了 |
[00:25] | Oh! Oh, God! No, no, no! | 不是吧 你 |
[00:27] | That’s it! You know what? | 够了 你知道吗 |
[00:28] | Five-minute time-out! | 给你5分钟面壁思过去 |
[00:30] | Corner booth! Now. | 拐角的那个位置 现在就去 |
[00:32] | Hey, get this. | 告诉你们件事 |
[00:33] | You know my friend Max from law school? | 你们知道我那个法学院的朋友马克斯吧 |
[00:35] | He’s at Gregor’s Steakhouse downtown, | 他现在在市中心的格莱格牛排屋 |
[00:37] | and Woody Allen is sitting two tables over. | 伍迪·艾伦就坐在两桌以外的地方 |
[00:39] | He wants us to come check it out. | 他想让咱们一起过去瞧瞧 |
[00:42] | I don’t know, it could be cool. | 我想去 没准会好玩呢 |
[00:44] | I’ve never seen Woody Allen. | 我还没见过伍迪·艾伦呢 |
[00:45] | What?! Robin, how can you be a New Yorker | 不是吧 罗宾 身为纽约人 |
[00:47] | and never have seen Woody Allen? | 你怎么能从没见过伍迪·艾伦呢 |
[00:50] | I have seen plenty of other famous people. | 我见过其他的很多名人啊 |
[00:52] | Last week I saw… Maury Povich. | 上个礼拜我还见到了莫瑞·波维奇呢[美国脱口秀主持人] |
[00:56] | Kids, you know talk show host Maury Povich. | 孩子们 你们知道脱口秀主持人莫瑞·波维奇吧 |
[00:58] | It was uncanny how often we saw this guy. | 你们简直无法想象见到他是多么的易如反掌 |
[01:02] | Dude, everyone sees Maury Povich. | 姐们 大家都见过莫瑞·波维奇 |
[01:03] | Maury Povich is everywhere. | 莫瑞·波维奇简直无处不在 |
[01:05] | I’m sorry, Robin, but you’re not a real New Yorker | 抱歉 罗宾 除非你见过伍迪·艾伦 |
[01:07] | until you’ve seen Woody Allen. | 否则你不能算是真正的纽约人 |
[01:08] | I am, too, a real New Yorker. | 姐就是活脱脱的一个纽约人 |
[01:10] | That’s adorable. | 义正严词的样子真可爱 |
[01:12] | You’re from Canada. | 可惜你不纯呢 |
[01:13] | I have been here for almost six years. | 我可来了6年了 |
[01:15] | It’s not like I just got off a boat. | 又不是刚刚才下船 |
[01:17] | A boat! | 船 |
[01:18] | Oh, wait, that is how you say it. | “船”这个发音好像没有错 |
[01:20] | I’d say you’re not a real New Yorker | 我认为除非你跟 |
[01:22] | until you’ve stolen a cab from someone | 急需用车的人抢过计程车 |
[01:23] | who needs it more than you do. | 才称得上真正的纽约人 |
[01:24] | No, you’re not a real New Yorker | 不 除非你可以在地铁上 |
[01:26] | till you’ve cried on the subway | 不顾周围人想法放声大哭时 |
[01:27] | and not given a damn what anyone thinks. | 你才能算是真正的纽约人 |
[01:29] | No, you’re not a real New Yorker | 不 除非你能赤手空拳拍死小强的时候 |
[01:31] | until you’ve killed a cockroach with your bare hands. | 你才能算是真正的纽约人 |
[01:33] | Those rules are all stupid, okay? | 这些规定很可笑 好不好 |
[01:35] | I’ve never done any of those things. | 我从来没干过这些蠢事 |
[01:37] | By the end of this day, | 但那天结束时 |
[01:38] | Robin would have done all of those things. | 罗宾把这些事做了个遍 |
[01:41] | Okay, time’s up. | 面壁时间已到 |
[01:41] | What are we talking about? | 大家讨论什么呢 |
[01:43] | Woody Allen is eating at Gregor’s, | 伍迪·艾伦在格莱格吃饭呢 |
[01:44] | and Robin thinks that we should go see him. | 罗宾觉得我们应该去看看 |
[01:46] | Why would I do that? | 干嘛要去看 |
[01:47] | I’ll see him at poker on Tuesday. | 我周二会在扑克俱乐部见到他 |
[01:49] | Oh, come on, if we jump in a cab, | 拜托 如果我们打车 |
[01:51] | we’ll be there in 15 minutes. | 15分钟就能到 |
[01:52] | A real New Yorker would know the subway’s faster. | 真正的纽约人会知道坐地铁更快捷 |
[01:54] | You just take the one, and transfer to the two-three. | 先做1号线 再倒2-3号 |
[01:56] | Well, the bus runs more often on weekends. | 周末公车更多 |
[01:58] | Take the M-7 to the M-5. | 坐M-7或者M-5线均可 |
[01:59] | The bus? Every time I take the bus, | 公车 每次我坐公车 |
[02:01] | there is one crazy person no one wants to sit near. | 车上都有一个大家避而远之的疯子 |
[02:04] | That’s why I have never taken the bus. | 这就是我从不坐公车的原因 |
[02:07] | Plus… | 而且 |
[02:08] | I can run faster than a bus. | 哥跑的比公车还快 |
[02:10] | Dude, that’s, like, seven miles. | 伙计 这可是隔着7英里呢[约11千米] |
[02:12] | You can’t do that. | 你绝对做不到 |
[02:14] | You can’t beat the bus! | 你绝不可能跑得比公车快 |
[02:15] | I can beat a bus or a cab or a train! | 我绝对快过公车 出租车或是火车 |
[02:19] | Is anyone else suddenly craving green eggs and ham? | 是不是有人突然想看《绿鸡蛋和火腿》这本书 |
[02:22] | Machines are overrated, | 机器这种东西总被过高估计 |
[02:23] | and someone needs to take them down a peg. | 需要有人来杀杀它的锐气 |
[02:25] | You’re all wrong | 你们全错了 |
[02:26] | I got a way to get there so fast, I could beat all of you, | 我有个办法能快速到那 比你们谁都快 |
[02:29] | even if I sat down and ordered | 而且我还可以先坐下吃个 |
[02:31] | a big, juicy steak first. | 鲜嫩多汁的大牛排再比 |
[02:32] | How? | 诀窍是什么 |
[02:33] | Medium rare. | 半熟偏生的牛排 |
[02:34] | But that’s not important right now. | 不过现在又不是重点讨论这个 |
[02:35] | Look, I know the city better than any of you guys, okay? | 听着 我比你们都更熟悉这个城市 好不好 |
[02:37] | Oh, my God! Oh, wow! | 神啊 拜托 |
[02:40] | All right, all right, hold on, hold on! | 好啦 好啦 大家停一停 |
[02:43] | Let’s just forget about it. | 咱们还是别争了 |
[02:44] | Who cares? I mean, there’s no way to find out who’s right anyway. | 有什么好比的 又没办法证明到底谁比较快 |
[02:52] | First person there wins! | 先到的人是赢家 |
[02:53] | Doesn’t matter how you get there! | 怎么去不是问题 |
[02:55] | Stay sad! I’ll be back! | 姑娘你继续悲伤 大爷我马上回来 |
[03:23] | Hi. Can I see a menu, please? | 你好 我能看下菜单吗 |
[03:25] | No rush. | 不急 |
[03:32] | Kids, I should tell you, | 孩子们 我应该告诉你们 |
[03:34] | Lily really needed a win that day. | 那天莉莉迫切地想要一场胜利 |
[03:38] | When Marshall and Lily decided to have a baby, | 当马修和莉莉打算要个孩子的时候 |
[03:40] | they assumed it would happen right away. | 他们以为很快就会心想事成 |
[03:42] | It’s gonna be positive. | 肯定是两条杠 |
[03:43] | Eriksen man are hella fertile. | 埃里克森家族的播种能力超强 |
[03:45] | When Uncle Morris was 16 | 莫里斯叔叔16岁的时候 |
[03:46] | he got his girlfriend pregnant just by holding her hand too tight | 只因为在后座把他女朋友手握的太紧 |
[03:48] | in the backseat of a car. | 就让他女朋友怀孕了 |
[03:50] | Now I’m thinking my parents lied to me. | 现在我知道当时我是多么年幼无知了 |
[03:54] | Negative. | 一条杠 |
[03:56] | As the weeks went by, | 几周过后 |
[03:57] | Marshall’s confidence never wavered. | 马修的自信丝毫不减 |
[03:59] | Then it started to mess with Lily’s head. | 所以莉莉开始胡思乱想起来 |
[04:02] | Negative? | 又没怀上 |
[04:05] | Well, we know it’s not me. | 我们都知道错不在我 |
[04:07] | Everything’s fine. | 一起都会好起来 |
[04:08] | These things take time. | 这种事情需要时间的嘛 |
[04:10] | Not with an Eriksen. | 肯定不是埃里克森家族人的错 |
[04:11] | Something must be wrong with you. | 一定是你出了什么问题 |
[04:14] | Also, my mom hates you. | 再说了 我妈很讨厌你 |
[04:17] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[04:19] | Just to make sure, I’m gonna pee on this again. | 为保万无一失 我决定再尿一遍 |
[04:22] | What? | 什么 |
[04:23] | No, you wouldn’t. | 你不会这么做的 |
[04:24] | Somebody help me! | 谁来救救我 |
[04:25] | Somebody help me! | 谁来救救我啊 |
[04:28] | Lily was so fed up with not getting anywhere, | 莉莉忍无可忍 又不知该如何发泄 |
[04:32] | maybe winning this race was just what she needed. | 或许赢得比赛就是她最好的出口 |
[04:46] | Idiot! | 蠢货 |
[04:49] | I’ll show them. | 我会证明给他们看 |
[04:51] | My body can outrun any motorized vehicle. | 我的身体能打败一切交通工具 |
[04:53] | I’m like John Henry when he beat the steam engine. | 我简直就是与蒸汽机抗衡的约翰·亨利[19世纪工人领袖] |
[04:56] | All I need is a great folk song. | 我需要的 只是一首美妙的乡村音乐 |
[05:04] | *Gather round, ye children* | *孩子们 快过来* |
[05:06] | *To hear the tale so sweet* | *给你们说个故事* |
[05:09] | *Of a man who dared to race machines* | *说的是一个敢靠双腿* |
[05:11] | *With nothing but his feet* | *挑战机器的英雄* |
[05:13] | Suck it, Grand-butt! | 大屁股 让开 |
[05:14] | *Marshall* | *伟大的马修* |
[05:16] | *Versus the machines* | *与机器大作战* |
[05:20] | *Hyah!* | *加油* |
[05:21] | Ooh, taxi! | 出租车 |
[05:26] | Excuse me, I got a thing. | 抱歉 我有急事 |
[05:31] | Maury… Maury… | 混蛋莫瑞 混蛋莫瑞 |
[05:37] | Track maintenance? | 道路检修 |
[05:42] | 20-minute delay? | 要晚20分钟 |
[05:44] | How do you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[05:45] | I grew up here; I speak conductor. | 我在这儿长大的 我喜欢学列车员说话 |
[05:47] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[05:53] | Damn it! | 真该死的 |
[05:59] | Kids, I also needed a win that day. | 孩子们 那天我也需要一场胜利 |
[06:04] | A couple nights earlier, your Uncle Marshall | 几天前的一个晚上 你们的马修叔叔 |
[06:06] | had offhandedly mentioned a Web site called… | 无意中提到一个网站 |
[06:09] | Grademyteacher.net? | 给老师打分的网站 |
[06:10] | It’s this awesome site | 这个网站超赞的 |
[06:12] | where students can go say | 学生们可以在这里 |
[06:12] | what they really think about their professors. | 畅所欲言 写他们对教授的想法 |
[06:14] | Hey, you’re probably on there. | 你很可能榜上有名哦 |
[06:18] | I couldn’t help but see what my students had written about me. | 我忍不住想看看学生们是怎么写我的 |
[06:22] | And it was… | 评价结果… |
[06:26] | …majestic. | 出奇的好 |
[06:31] | Until… | 直到看到… |
[06:36] | Now, kids, I knew I was a good professor. | 孩子们 我知道自己是个好老师 |
[06:38] | That’s why I didn’t let it bother me. | 所以我不会想不开 |
[06:40] | I had nothing to prove. | 我不用去证明什么 |
[06:42] | Absolutely nothing. | 完全不用 |
[06:44] | Here’s a fun fact. | 有件事很有趣 |
[06:45] | See the Alberta Building over there? | 看见那边的亚伯塔大楼了吗 |
[06:47] | – Oh. The brown one or the gray one? – That’s the gray one. | -棕色那栋还是灰色那栋 -灰色那栋 |
[06:51] | Did you know | 你知道吗 |
[06:52] | that in 18… | 在18… |
[07:06] | Hey! | 搞什么 |
[07:08] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[07:18] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[07:22] | Somebody call an ambulance! | 快叫救护车 |
[07:29] | Excuse me, I’ve got a thing. | 抱歉 我有急事 |
[07:31] | – That’s my cab! – Gregor’s Steakhouse, downtown. | -这是我的车 -去市中心格莱格牛排店 |
[07:36] | This is my cab…! | 这是我的车 |
[07:40] | Downtown hospital, please. | 请送我去市中心的医院 |
[07:41] | It’s right by Gregor’s Steakhouse. | 就在格莱格牛排店附近 |
[07:43] | Take the FDR, | 那100美元是赏你的[纸钞上印着富兰克林] |
[07:45] | and maybe crank up some smooth jazz. | 又或者麻烦你把音乐调大声点 |
[07:46] | Uh, we’re required by law to take you to the nearest hospital, | 法律规定 我们只能送您去最近的医院 |
[07:49] | which is St. Luke’s-Roosevelt. | 也就是圣卢克罗斯福医院 |
[07:51] | Uptown. | 在郊区 |
[07:53] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[07:58] | It’s my cab! This is my cab! | 这是我的车 这是我的车 |
[08:07] | It’s Barney. | 我是巴尼 |
[08:08] | Help me. | 请求帮助 |
[08:14] | Robin also needed a win that day. | 那天罗宾也需要一场胜利 |
[08:18] | It had been a rough year for Robin. | 这一年 罗宾过得很不如意 |
[08:20] | First her boyfriend and former cohost, Don, | 先是她的男朋友 兼前搭档 唐 |
[08:22] | left her for another job. | 为了前程离她而去 |
[08:23] | Then Robin met her new cohost, Becky. | 接着罗宾遇见了她的新搭档 贝基 |
[08:26] | Hi! I’m Becky! | 嗨 我是贝基 |
[08:27] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:28] | I am so excited to be your coanchor! | 能成为你的搭档 我太兴奋了 |
[08:30] | Yay! | 万岁 |
[08:33] | Hi, Becky. My, you’re perky. | 嗨 贝基 你真是活力十足呀 |
[08:35] | Don’t worry, I am not here to step on your toesies. | 别担心 我不会喧宾夺主的 |
[08:39] | You’re still the star. | 你才是这儿的明星 |
[08:41] | I made chocolate chip cookies for everybody! | 我给大家做了巧克力仁饼干 |
[08:44] | Yay! | 太好了 |
[08:46] | And just like that, | 就这样 |
[08:48] | Becky started to eclipse Robin. | 贝基渐渐抢去了罗宾的风头 |
[08:50] | I mean, literally eclipse her. | 我是说 真正取代了她 |
[08:56] | This is my cab! Aah! | 这是我的车 啊 |
[09:00] | Keep it. | 不用找了 |
[09:08] | Hello. | 好久不见 |
[09:10] | Ranjit, take me to Gregor’s. | 兰吉特 带我去格莱格餐厅 |
[09:12] | Taking you to Gregor’s. | 马上送您到格莱格餐厅 |
[09:14] | *As Marshall ran with all his might* | *马修开足马力时* |
[09:16] | *And passed his friend Christine* | *遇见了他的朋友克里斯汀* |
[09:19] | Hey, Christine. | 嗨 克里斯汀 |
[09:19] | *He thought of all the times* | *他想到了自己* |
[09:21] | *That he had beaten the machine* | *战胜机器的那些瞬间* |
[09:24] | *He triumphed over “Pitfall”* | *他打赢了历险游戏* |
[09:26] | Yes! | 过关 |
[09:26] | *He vanquished the alarm* | *他制服了警报器* |
[09:29] | Yes! | 搞定 |
[09:31] | *He brought the jukebox back to life* | *他仅用一拳之力* |
[09:33] | *With his Fonzarelli arm* | *修好了点唱机* |
[09:35] | – Hey…! – Oh! | -行了 -太棒了 |
[09:37] | *Marshall* | *伟大的马修* |
[09:39] | *Versus the machines. * | *与机器大作战* |
[09:44] | Ow. Ow. | 让一让 |
[09:45] | Ow. | 让一让 |
[09:46] | Last seat. | 最后一个座位 |
[09:48] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[09:49] | I just had the worst cab ride of my life. | 我刚搭了我人生中最糟的一辆出租车 |
[09:52] | Well, you’re in luck. | 你现在没事了 |
[09:54] | See that gothic church over there? | 看见那边的哥特教堂了吗 |
[09:56] | Those Corinthian columns | 那些科林斯立柱 |
[09:57] | were designed by Giuseppe Pegatto in 1896. | 是1896年由萨诺第·珀加图设计的 |
[10:00] | Ow. Ow. | 让一让 |
[10:02] | Ow. | 让一让 |
[10:04] | Hey, Ranjit, pull over. | 兰吉特 靠边 |
[10:05] | Pulling over. | 靠边 |
[10:08] | Hey, toots! | 嗨 宝贝 |
[10:09] | How about a ride? | 要搭车吗 |
[10:14] | Oh. Hey, Robin, it’s you. | 罗宾 是你啊 |
[10:17] | *Hyah!* | *加油* |
[10:19] | *Move along* | *向前冲* |
[10:21] | *Hyah!* | *加油* |
[10:24] | *Move along!* | *向前* |
[10:26] | *Hyah!* | *加油* |
[10:27] | See that over there? | 看见那个了吗 |
[10:28] | That’s the old Arcadian Hotel. | 那是老阿卡迪亚酒店 |
[10:29] | Fun fact– while today its neoclassical fenestration | 趣事 它的新古典主义式窗户 |
[10:32] | is considered to be… | 在当今被认为是 |
[10:38] | So, is this ride your way of apologizing for this morning? | 让我坐顺风车 这代表你对早上的事道歉吗 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry. I never apologize. | 你误会了 我从来不道歉 |
[10:42] | And why would I? | 我为什么要道歉呢 |
[10:44] | Are you kidding me? | 拜托 |
[10:45] | Hey, Barney, can I talk to you? | 巴尼 我能跟你聊聊吗 |
[10:48] | Sure. Stand a little more this way. | 当然 你往旁边站站 |
[10:50] | I’m scouting some talent. | 我在物色新货呢 |
[10:52] | Pretend we’re talking about something important. | 假装我们在谈论很重要的事情 |
[10:55] | Oh, well, this… this is something important. | 这 这确实是很重要的事 |
[10:57] | Um, I’m having a… a really rough time at work. | 我最近 工作上很不顺 |
[11:00] | You know, the whole Becky thing… | 你也知道 贝基的事 |
[11:01] | Oh, you know what? | 实话跟你说 |
[11:02] | That’s just getting distracting. | 这种话题会让我分心的 |
[11:04] | Um, say “carrots and peas.” Carrots and peas. | 跟我学 说胡萝卜和青豆 胡萝卜和青豆 |
[11:07] | Carrots and peas. | 胡萝卜和青豆 |
[11:07] | Carrots and peas. | 胡萝卜和青豆 |
[11:09] | Carrots and peas. | 胡萝卜和青豆 |
[11:13] | Guys, I can’t stop staring at that girl’s face. | 伙计们 我的目光没法从那个女孩脸上移开 |
[11:16] | – What, you really had something to talk about? – Yes. | -什么 你真的有事情要跟我谈吗 -是的 |
[11:18] | Look, I’ve spent the last six years in this city, | 我已经在这个城市呆了六年了 |
[11:21] | focusing on my career, all for nothing. | 专注于事业 却一无所获 |
[11:23] | Some lady almost got me killed. | 不知道哪来的大姐差点让我死掉 |
[11:25] | Maury Povich stole my cab. | 莫瑞·波维奇抢了我的出租车 |
[11:27] | I swear, this city is starting to reject me | 我发誓 就像不成功的器官移植一样 |
[11:29] | like a bad organ transplant. | 我被这个城市所排斥 |
[11:31] | You know, everyone keeps saying that I’m not a real New Yorker. | 人人都说 我注定成不了一个真正的纽约人 |
[11:34] | Well, maybe I should just stop trying. | 也许我不应该继续尝试了 |
[11:36] | Robin, I had no idea. | 罗宾 我没想到是这样 |
[11:38] | No, it’s my fault for thinking that you might care. | 没 是我的错 我以为你至少会关心我 |
[11:40] | Ranjit, stop the car. | 兰吉特 停车 |
[11:41] | Stopping the car. | 遵命 停车 |
[11:43] | No, don’t stop the car. | 别 别停车 |
[11:44] | Not stopping the car | 遵命 继续开 |
[11:46] | Seriously, stop the car. | 别闹了 停车 |
[11:47] | Seriously stopping the car. | 遵命 不闹了 停车 |
[11:48] | Look, you… | 你 |
[11:49] | Wait, wait– Robin, hold on. | 等等 罗宾等一下 |
[11:51] | If you want to talk, I’m right here. | 如果你想找人聊天 我就陪着你 |
[11:53] | Carrots and peas. | 省省吧 我可没忘”胡萝卜和青豆” |
[11:56] | Don’t… | 别啊 |
[11:57] | You… | 你 |
[12:00] | I’ll crank up the smooth jazz. | 我把抒情爵士音乐声调大点吧 |
[12:07] | *Our hero’s strength was fading fast* | *英雄的力气在逐渐消耗* |
[12:09] | *Just as the light* | *随着交通灯* |
[12:10] | *Turned…* | *转成* |
[12:13] | *Turned…* | *转成*[这红灯有完没完] |
[12:15] | *Turned…* | *转成* |
[12:18] | *Green* | *绿灯* |
[12:19] | *He then thought back | *他转而回想* |
[12:21] | *To all the times* | *曾经数次* |
[12:22] | *He’d lost to a machine* | *被机器摧残* |
[12:25] | Come on, Playboy Channel. | 给点力啊 花花公子频道 |
[12:28] | *The cable box is fearsome* | *机顶盒虽然可怕* |
[12:30] | *But the stapler’s mighty sting…* | *但订书机威力更猛* |
[12:34] | Come on, Spice Channel. | 给点力啊 成人频道 |
[12:36] | *The cable box’s bite again…* | *又被机顶盒小劈了一把* |
[12:41] | *Getting too tired* | *哥已经累到* |
[12:45] | *To sing.* | *唱不动了* |
[12:54] | …uses a hybrid steel tube structure… | 使用的是复合钢管结构 |
[12:55] | Kids, that day, I had a horrible realization. | 孩子们 那天我终于意识到 |
[12:58] | If you can’t spot the crazy person on the bus… | 如果你在公车上没有看到那个疯子 |
[13:04] | …it’s you. | 那就是你疯了 |
[13:12] | The good news is, I was halfway there, | 好消息是 我已经在半路上了 |
[13:14] | and nothing could stop me. | 没什么能阻挡我的脚步 |
[13:25] | This is crazy. | 这比赛太疯狂了 |
[13:26] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[13:27] | Okay, this is clearly a sign. | 好吧 很明显这是个暗示 |
[13:29] | Let’s just call it a tie. | 我们就算打平手吧 |
[13:31] | Forget about the race. | 别比了 |
[13:32] | Head back to the bar. | 回酒吧去 |
[13:33] | Absolutely. | 对极了 |
[13:44] | Just like that, the race was back on. | 就这样 比赛继续 |
[13:49] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[13:51] | Meanwhile, one subway car over… | 与此同时 下一节车厢里 |
[14:11] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[14:19] | Oh, bite me! | 看什么看 |
[14:24] | Faster. Mush! Mush! | 再快点 驾 驾 |
[14:27] | I need this win. I need this win. | 我要赢得这场胜利 一定要赢 |
[14:31] | And firing half my department freed up the money | 我把我手下半数的员工全炒了 |
[14:34] | to double my own salary. | 然后给自己涨了一倍工资 |
[14:35] | And this chick from Boston was wicked hot in bed last night, | 还有昨晚我搞的那个波士顿女孩超正点 |
[14:38] | and I’m getting more muscular, | 而且即使我不锻炼 |
[14:39] | even though I’ve stopped working out, | 身材也很好 肌肉照样练出来 |
[14:41] | and I’ve got this amazing poker group. | 还有 我有一群超赞的牌友 |
[14:42] | Actually, Barney did not need a win. | 实际上 巴尼根本不需要这场胜利 |
[14:45] | And I smell incredible. Smell me. | 我身上超香香的 闻闻看 |
[14:49] | Just, seriously, smell me. | 真的 闻闻看 |
[14:54] | He did smell incredible. | 他的确闻起来很香 |
[14:57] | Stop! | 停 |
[14:58] | Too slow. Switch. | 太慢了 换我来 |
[15:15] | Sweetie? | 亲爱的 |
[15:16] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:17] | No. | 不好 |
[15:18] | I am done with this city. It wins. | 我受够了这个城市 它赢了 |
[15:21] | I just want to move somewhere new and start over. | 我想搬到一个新的地方 重新开始 |
[15:24] | You’ve had a rough year. | 我知道你今年过得很不顺 |
[15:28] | But you’re tough. | 但你很坚强 |
[15:29] | And I love you like crazy. | 我这么喜欢你 |
[15:31] | If you left, I’d have to follow you. | 如果你走了 我肯定会追随你的 |
[15:34] | And Marshall would follow me. | 那么马修肯定会追随我 |
[15:35] | And Ted would follow him. | 而泰德又会追随马修 |
[15:36] | The only upside is that we might get rid of Barney. | 唯一的好处是 我们能甩掉巴尼 |
[15:41] | Bring it in. | 来抱抱 |
[15:46] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[15:48] | No clue. | 听不清 |
[15:49] | Hey, is that Maury Povich? | 那是莫瑞·波维奇吗 |
[15:55] | Hey! Lily. | 莉莉 |
[15:57] | Sorry, sweetie. | 抱歉 宝贝 |
[15:59] | I swear I’ll be a great friend | 我发誓在终点线的那端 |
[16:00] | at the finish line, but the conductor just said | 我会是个好朋友 但是刚列车员说了 |
[16:02] | you’re going express to Borough Hall, | 这趟车是直达布鲁克林的 |
[16:04] | which means you’re screwed, sweetie. | 你玩完了 宝贝 |
[16:06] | So long, sucker. | 再见了 衰人 |
[16:11] | Bring it in. | 来抱抱 |
[16:13] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[16:17] | Hey, it’s Lily. Help me. | 我是莉莉 请求帮助 |
[16:19] | And not a single passenger would listen to me. | 没有一个乘客愿意听我说话 |
[16:22] | I mean, am I a bad teacher? | 难道我这个老师有这么不称职吗 |
[16:23] | Do I just put people to sleep? | 还是我的话无聊到让人犯困 |
[16:27] | Buddy? | 伙计 |
[16:28] | Hey, buddy? | 伙计 |
[16:30] | Need a hand? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[16:33] | The machines have won! | 机器赢了 |
[16:35] | The machines have won. | 机器赢了 |
[16:37] | Dude, mellow. | 伙计 成熟点 |
[16:40] | I can’t do it. I can’t run that far. | 我做不到 我跑不了这么远 |
[16:42] | I can’t outrace anything. | 哪种交通工具我都跑不过 |
[16:44] | I-I can’t… | 我不行 |
[16:46] | I can’t get my wife pregnant! | 我连我老婆肚子都搞不大 |
[16:52] | Wait. | 等等 |
[16:53] | Is that what this whole stupid running thing has been about? | 这就是你坚持要跑这么远的原因吗 |
[16:56] | My body has been letting me down, and I just wanted | 我的身体一直让我失望 我只是想 |
[16:59] | to prove that it could still do something, | 证明它还是能做点什么的 |
[17:00] | but it can’t. | 但结果还是让我失望 |
[17:01] | Dude, you’ve been trying for two months, | 伙计 你们才试了两个月 |
[17:03] | not two years. That’s nothing. | 又不是两年 这没什么大不了的 |
[17:05] | Well, you should talk. | 没什么大不了的应该是你吧 |
[17:07] | You know, you’re the one who’s freaking out | 你自己看不到50个好评 |
[17:08] | because you have one mediocre review | 却因为区区一个中评 |
[17:10] | and, like, 50 great ones. | 而垂头丧气丧失信心 |
[17:12] | 64. But whatever. | 是64个好评 那又如何 |
[17:13] | And you’re designing a frickin’ building. | 而且你还得到了设计新总部的机会 |
[17:15] | I mean, come on, dude. | 知足吧 伙计 |
[17:17] | Sounds like you guys need to clear everything, | 听起来你们俩需要把过去 清零 |
[17:20] | subtract the negativity, | 减去 自我否定 |
[17:22] | and add some perspective. | 加上 从新的角度看问题 |
[17:28] | Marshall! | 马修 |
[17:31] | Marshall, get in! | 马修 快上车 |
[17:32] | Hello. | 好久不见 |
[17:50] | There it is. | 到了 |
[17:52] | Where are Marshall and Lily? | 马修和莉莉呢 |
[17:53] | Who cares? | 谁管他们啊 |
[18:18] | I won? I won! | 赢了 我赢了 |
[18:21] | No! | 不 |
[18:22] | I can’t believe I won! | 真不敢相信是我赢了 |
[18:23] | How did that even happen? | 到底发生了怎么事 |
[18:25] | Here’s how it happened. | 事情经过是这样的 |
[18:26] | Okay, he’s in. Go. Go. Got it. | 好 他上车了 快走快走 |
[18:28] | – Ted is in the way. – Run him over. | -泰德挡住咱们的道儿了 -碾过去 |
[18:30] | Running him over. | 遵命 碾过去 |
[18:31] | No. Lily, what the hell is the matter with you? | 别这样 莉莉 你到底怎么了 |
[18:33] | Nothing. I just want to win this really badly. | 没怎么 我只是极其非常想赢得这次比赛 |
[18:35] | So badly that I just ditched my best friend | 以至于在我最好的朋友需要我的时候 |
[18:39] | when she needed me. | 抛弃了她 |
[18:40] | Oh, baby, you were also going to run over Ted. | 宝贝 你还要从泰德的身上碾过去 |
[18:44] | Why did I get so crazy about this? | 为什么我这么热衷于这次比赛 |
[18:47] | Maybe for the same reason that I kept saying | 或许跟我一直扬言说我能跑7英里 |
[18:49] | that I could run seven miles. | 是同一个理由吧 |
[18:50] | I… I’m trying to be really, um, confident and positive | 我一直试图对于我们至今没怀上这件事 |
[18:54] | about all this, but, baby, I’m really scared | 保持一种积极乐观的态度 但宝贝 |
[18:57] | that we’re not pregnant yet. | 其实我真的很害怕 |
[18:58] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[18:59] | I keep thinking there’s something wrong with me. | 我一直以为是我的问题 |
[19:02] | I keep thinking there’s something wrong with me. | 我一直以为是我的问题 |
[19:03] | It’s only been two months. | 这才刚过了两个月 |
[19:05] | We are crazy. | 我们太执迷了 |
[19:06] | We’re totally crazy. | 简直就是执迷不悟 |
[19:07] | This is the last time | 这是我们二人世界 |
[19:08] | it’s ever going to be just the two of us. | 最后的一段时光了 |
[19:10] | Shouldn’t we be enjoying that? | 我们难道不应该好好享受吗 |
[19:11] | We gotta go back to Paris. | 我们应该回到巴黎 |
[19:13] | And take ballroom dancing. | 去跳交谊舞 |
[19:14] | And really learn how to ski. | 还应该好好学学滑雪 |
[19:15] | Not just up and get faced in the lodge. | 而不是一起来就在小木屋里爱爱 |
[19:18] | And see Coney Island. I’ve still never been. | 还要一起去康尼岛 我至今还没去过呢 |
[19:20] | See, we have a whole bucket list of things to do | 瞧 在生儿育女之前 |
[19:23] | before we start having kids. | 我们不有一堆事情要做吗 |
[19:24] | Oh, a cradle list. | 一堆待完成的事情 |
[19:26] | I’m… | 我 |
[19:29] | so glad we’re trying, and I’m going to be really excited | 我很高兴我们这么努力 等那一刻真的来临时 |
[19:31] | for when it happens, but this isn’t a race. | 我一定会兴奋不已 但这不是比赛 |
[19:35] | This isn’t a race. | 这不是比赛 |
[19:38] | Ranjit, screw Gregor’s. | 兰吉特 别去格莱格餐厅了 |
[19:40] | Let’s go to Coney Island. | 我们要去康尼岛 |
[19:42] | Screwing Gregor’s. Going to Coney Island. | 遵命 不去格雷格餐厅 直奔康尼岛 |
[19:45] | As for how Robin beat me and Barney, | 至于罗宾打败我和巴尼这事 |
[19:48] | to this day, your uncle Barney won’t admit it… | 直至今天 你们巴尼叔叔还不愿意承认 |
[19:51] | but here’s what I saw: | 但据我了解是这样的 |
[19:54] | I saw Barney notice Robin’s face… | 巴尼发现在罗宾的脸上 |
[19:56] | and maybe realize something. | 或者这让他意识到了什么 |
[19:59] | Barney says he tripped, | 巴尼声称他不小心绊倒 |
[20:00] | but it sure felt like he tackled me on purpose. | 但是感觉却像他故意冲过来拦着我 |
[20:05] | And when Robin won, | 当罗宾说她赢了那会儿 |
[20:07] | I could have sworn I saw him smile. | 我发誓 他笑了 |
[20:08] | – I won! – No! | -我赢了 -不 |
[20:11] | So I said, “The cab, of course because | 所以我说 计程车 当然是因为 |
[20:15] | I know what you did back there. | 我知道你在背后耍的小把戏 |
[20:17] | Yeah. | 哥懂 |
[20:18] | Check it. | 闻闻看 |
[20:20] | I just drove a pedicab 26 blocks, | 我拉着个破三轮狂奔了26个街区 |
[20:23] | and I still smell incredible. | 身上还是这么香香 |
[20:26] | Smell me. | 你闻闻 |
[20:27] | I’m not gonna… | 我才不要 |
[20:28] | – Not gonna… – Smell me. | -不要 -闻闻 |
[20:30] | He did smell incredible. | 他的确闻起来很香 |
[20:32] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[20:33] | So, where is Woody Allen? | 伍迪·艾伦在哪儿呢 |
[20:35] | He’s right there. | 就在那边 |
[20:40] | Damn it, Max. That’s Maury Povich. | 靠 马克斯 那是莫瑞·波维奇 |
[20:43] | I always get those two confused. | 我总是把他们两个搞混 |
[20:46] | Technically, there was only one winner that day. | 严格来说 那天应该只有一位赢家 |
[20:49] | But in that race, everyone found exactly what they needed. | 但在那场比赛中 每个人都发现了自己内心真正所需 |
[20:52] | It’s true, | 的确 |
[20:53] | she wouldn’t see Woody Allen | 在几个月之内 |
[20:55] | for another couple months, | 她都见不着伍迪·艾伦 |
[20:56] | but that’s how Robin became, | 但罗宾就是这样成为 |
[20:57] | by just about any definition of the term… | 如果非要给这个词下个定义 那就是 |
[21:03] | …a real New Yorker. | 一个真正的纽约人 |