时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | And so, due to one architectural oversight, | 因此 就因一个建筑学上的勘漏 |
[00:03] | the Toledo Bridge Disaster of 1906 | 造成了1906年托莱多大桥大难 |
[00:06] | claimed the lives of 75 people. | 致使75人丧生 |
[00:09] | Now, I hate to stop while I’m on a roll, | 真讨厌讲到兴头上让我下课 |
[00:12] | but happy Halloween, ya crazies! | 不过万圣节快乐 你们这帮小疯子 |
[00:15] | Hey, Professor Brosby, | 喂 莫斯比兄 |
[00:17] | You gonna come get beers with us later? | 待会儿一起去喝啤酒吧 |
[00:19] | Nah, I got a thing. | 不了 还有事呢 |
[00:20] | But you kids have fun trick or treating. | 你们几个小鬼玩得开心点哦 |
[00:22] | This is a treat. | 你的糖果真让我们开心 |
[00:24] | You’re the coolest, Professor Mosby. | 你最酷了 莫斯比教授 |
[00:26] | Well, hot dog. | 没有啦 人家是热狗来滴 |
[00:28] | Did it hurt? | 很疼吧 |
[00:29] | What? | 什么 |
[00:30] | Getting that kid’s nose | 用手术刀把那孩子的手 |
[00:32] | surgically removed from your ass. | 从马屁股上割下来 |
[00:34] | It’s not her nose that’s in my ass, Lily, it’s her heart. | 她不是在拍我马屁 她是真心的 |
[00:38] | My class loves me | 我的学生都很爱我 |
[00:40] | I-I’m really making an impression on those guys. | 我真的给他们留下了很好的印象 |
[00:43] | I’d like to make impression on those guys. | 我还是想给她们留下点好印象 |
[00:45] | Man, I love the office Halloween party. | 哥们 我爱死办公室的万圣节派对了 |
[00:48] | It is so much sluttier than the office Christmas party. | 比办公室圣诞节派对淫荡多了 |
[00:51] | Though not as freaky as the office President’s Day Rave. | 不过论变态程度 那可比不上疯狂大吐槽的总统纪念日 |
[00:55] | or the office Tu B’Shvat Pajama Jammy-Jam. | 或是嗑完药穿着睡衣 就来庆祝的犹太树木新年日 |
[00:59] | Hey, guys. Hey, Boss. | 嗨 大伙好 老大好 |
[01:01] | Hey, Randy. Uh, you want a beer? | 嗨 兰迪 来杯啤酒吗 |
[01:03] | Oh, no, thank you. I brew my own. | 不了 谢谢你 我有自己酿的 |
[01:05] | At the risk of bragging, my Hazelnut Pilsner | 不是我自夸 我的榛子比尔森啤酒 |
[01:07] | won fourth prize at the Weehawken Retirement Home Clam Bake | 在威霍肯养老院烧烤雪蛤大会 |
[01:10] | and Wheelchair Maintenance Picnic. | 和”轮椅生活”的野餐中 赢得四项大奖哦 |
[01:12] | I wouldn’t consider any part of that bragging. | 我看不到有任何值得自夸的地方 |
[01:15] | Hey, it just occurred to me, is your friend– | 对了 我刚想起来 你们的朋友 |
[01:17] | what’s her name? Garbin, Flabin… | 叫什么来的 格宾 弗拉宾 |
[01:19] | – Robin? – Robin. That’s it, yeah. | -罗宾吗 -罗宾 对 就是那个 |
[01:21] | Is she coming tonight? Oh, not that I really care. | 她今晚来吗 我也不是很关心啦 |
[01:23] | Robin has another party to go to. | 罗宾去了另一个派对 |
[01:24] | No! Damn it! | 靠 人算不如天算 |
[01:26] | I’m leaving. | 我先闪了 |
[01:27] | But she might stop by later. | 不过她待会可能过来转转 |
[01:29] | I guess I can hang out a little longer. | 我想我还是再玩一会儿好了 |
[01:37] | So, anyone going to see the Halloween parade? | 对了 有没有人要去看万圣节游行啊 |
[01:40] | Oh, we were big fans of New York’s annual Halloween parade. | 我们当时超爱纽约万圣节游行 |
[01:43] | I don’t mean the one that takes place Halloween night in the Village. | 我说的不是在格林威治村举办的那个万圣之夜 |
[01:46] | I mean the one that takes place the morning of November 1st– | 而是11月1日早上 |
[01:49] | the Annual Post Halloween Walk of Shame Parade. | 万圣节羞耻之行年鉴 |
[01:52] | Look at them | 看看他们 |
[01:53] | heading home after their dirty, filthy hookups. | 肮脏淫秽地滥交一晚后 狼狈不堪地走回家 |
[01:57] | Looks like that bee got busy. | 看这B[蜜蜂] 累得都走不动了 |
[02:01] | Looks like that French maid didn’t turn down somebody’s bed. | 看来法国女佣滚了一个晚上的床单 |
[02:04] | Oh, looks like Pocahontas has a couple of wounded knees. | 看 老汉推车式让宝嘉康蒂的膝盖伤得够厉害的 |
[02:08] | – Come on, Marshall. – That’s a line. | -喂 马修 -别太过火了 |
[02:09] | – No, it’s because of the… – We get it. | -没有啦 我只是因为… -我们懂 |
[02:11] | Does it get any better than this? | 还有什么能比这更欢乐 |
[02:13] | Uh, yes. | 那个 有的 |
[02:15] | Yes, it does. | 亮点来了 |
[02:20] | Crap. | 逮个正着 |
[02:37] | There she is– Florence Night-In-Bed-With-A-Stranger. | 看 与陌生人销魂一夜的俏护士南丁格尔 |
[02:42] | So, who’s the lucky patient? | 快说 谁有幸做你的病人呢 |
[02:44] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想提这事儿 |
[02:45] | Please tell me you’re not hooking up | 拜托 别告诉我你又跟 |
[02:47] | with one of your co-anchors again. | 你的联合主播搞在一起了 |
[02:48] | My co-anchor’s a woman. | 我的联合主播是个女的 |
[02:49] | Please tell me you are hooking up with one of your co-anchors again. | 拜托 求你告诉我 你们搞在一起了 |
[02:52] | Robin had always believed | 罗宾一直坚信 |
[02:53] | that the key to success | 成功之道 |
[02:54] | was intelligence, hard work and professionalism. | 在于能力 努力与专业的态度 |
[02:56] | Her new co-anchor Becky had a different philosophy. | 而她新任的联合主播贝基 却有另一套处世哲学 |
[02:59] | Boats! Boats! Boats! | 大游艇 小游艇 大小游艇 |
[03:02] | It’s the Far Hampton Boat Show! | 这是一场汉普顿远郊游艇秀 |
[03:04] | Boats! Boats! Boats! | 大游艇 小游艇 大小游艇 |
[03:07] | Remember 5th, 6th and 7th | 记住 五六七三天 |
[03:09] | at the Farhampton Civic Center. | 汉普顿远郊市中心 |
[03:10] | Boats! Boats! Boats! | 大游艇 小游艇 大小游艇 |
[03:12] | Come on down. | 一起来吧 |
[03:13] | B-B-B-Boats! | 大小通吃 |
[03:17] | You did a commercial? | 你拍广告了 |
[03:18] | Why not? | 为啥不能拍 |
[03:20] | You’re a journalist! | 你是个新闻工作者 |
[03:21] | Don’t you want to be taken seriously? | 你就没想过要被尊敬吗 |
[03:23] | No. I’m cute. | 没 我是美少女 |
[03:24] | Okay, well, if you really think | 好吧 你要真觉得这样 |
[03:26] | this is going to help your image. | 有利于你树立形象的话 |
[03:27] | Hi, Becky. | 嗨 贝基 |
[03:28] | Boats, boats, boats! | 大游艇 小游艇 大小游艇 |
[03:31] | Robin, a little help here? | 罗宾 来搭把手 |
[03:35] | Aw… Oh… Robin, | 可怜的罗宾 |
[03:36] | You gotta not worry so much about being liked. | 你没必要担心自己不受欢迎的 |
[03:38] | Oh, easy for you to say. | 站着说话不腰疼 |
[03:40] | Everybody loves you at your job. | 大家对老师都是又敬又爱的 |
[03:42] | That was true of my teaching job. | 作为老师 确实是这样没错 |
[03:44] | But I was also designing the new headquarters for Goliath National Bank | 但我也曾为巨人国家银行设计新总部大楼 |
[03:46] | and well… | 那时… |
[03:48] | Ted Mosby, we don’t like you! | 泰德·莫斯比 我们讨厌你 |
[03:51] | What do you have to say for yourself, | 你拆掉一栋如此美丽的建筑 |
[03:53] | tearing down a beautiful, old building | 就为了个什么破总部大楼 |
[03:55] | just to put up a stupid band headquarters? | 你对此有什么想说的吗 |
[03:57] | Hmm… | 想想啊 |
[03:58] | Boo… | 爱 |
[03:59] | freakin’… | 咋 |
[04:01] | hoo. | 咋地 |
[04:02] | Boo freakin’ hoo? That’s it? | 爱咋咋地 就完了吗 |
[04:05] | The Arcadian | 阿卡迪亚酒店 |
[04:06] | is an architecturally significant… | 堪称建筑奇葩 |
[04:08] | Architecturally significant?! | 建筑奇葩个头啊 |
[04:10] | Zoey, you’re very pretty. | 苏伊 你真的很美 |
[04:12] | Your hair smells great. | 你的头发真好闻 |
[04:14] | Shampoo. You should try it sometime. | 这叫洗发水 或许你也该洗个头了 |
[04:16] | You don’t know the first thing about architecture. | 你懂个屁建筑学啊 |
[04:18] | Key Ted Mosby’s car. | 准备 泰德·莫斯比出现 |
[04:21] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[04:22] | I’m a professor, okay? | 我是个教授好不好 |
[04:23] | I teach this stuff at one of the best colleges in the country. | 我在全国最好的大学之一里教建筑学 |
[04:26] | I don’t go down to your place of non-employment | 我才不像你混得连个工作都没有 |
[04:28] | and lecture you about how your little protest | 也不用教训你 告诉你 |
[04:30] | is a misguided waste of time, | 你那小小游行完全是浪费时间 |
[04:32] | except whoops, I just did. | 不过 哎呦喂 我刚教训完 |
[04:34] | Ha-burn. | 欧耶 气死你 |
[04:35] | – Oh, good, the eggs are here. – Well, I should head up. | -太好了 鸡蛋来了 -那我先撤了 |
[04:38] | No, GNB was not popular. | 巨人国家银行一点也不受欢迎 |
[04:40] | That’s why every year they produced a feel-good video | 所以他们才会每年做足表面功夫 |
[04:42] | to improve the bank’s image. | 去拍一些光鲜的广告 |
[04:44] | What makes Goliath National Bank | 是什么让巨人国家银行 |
[04:46] | different from other big banks? | 如此与众不同呢 |
[04:47] | Here at GNB, we care. | 巨人银行 用心关怀 |
[04:49] | I care about our precious Earth. | 我关心我们赖以生存的地球 |
[04:54] | I care about old people. | 我关心老弱 |
[04:57] | I care about high-yield offshore investments. | 我关心高回报的海上投资项目 |
[05:01] | And so does Tugboat here. | 小拖船也是 |
[05:02] | Isn’t that right, Tugboat? Yeah. | 对不对啊 小拖船 |
[05:05] | Okay, get that camera out of my face | 好了 在我让你滚出去之前 |
[05:08] | before I flip you like a cheese omelet. | 别再拿镜头对着我了 |
[05:10] | All you have to do is say | 你只需要说一句 |
[05:11] | “I care about making dreams come true.” | “我关心让梦想照进现实” |
[05:15] | First of all, that line makes me sound like a hooker | 首先 这句台词听起来很下贱 |
[05:18] | and saying it makes me feel like a hooker, so. | 说出来会让我觉得自己是贱人 |
[05:20] | Everyone is in this video. | 大家都录过了 |
[05:22] | Randy’s in the video. | 兰迪也上了镜 |
[05:24] | I don’t want to brag, but in 29 takes, | 我不是自夸 但重拍的29次中 |
[05:26] | I only threw up thrice. | 我只吐了三回 |
[05:28] | Wait. Randy, did you send the Hermanson | 等等 兰迪 你把赫曼森公司的合同 |
[05:30] | contracts downtown? | 送到市中心去了吗 |
[05:31] | I did. | 送去了 |
[05:32] | I sent them downtown. | 我送去市中心了 |
[05:34] | Why are you saying it like that? | 你干嘛要说谎 |
[05:35] | They never arrived at the downtown office. | 市中心的办公室从没收到过 |
[05:37] | They… | 这个 |
[05:38] | Well, just to make sure we’re on the same page, | 咱们说的是同一件事吧 |
[05:41] | is “send them downtown” | “送到市中心”的意思 |
[05:42] | not an expression for shredding a document? | 不是销毁文件的委婉说法吗 |
[05:45] | You shredded them?! | 你把文件销毁了 |
[05:46] | Yeah. I sent them downtown. | 是啊 我把它们送去市中心了 |
[05:48] | You know, down into the shredder. | 往下塞进碎纸机 |
[05:50] | You-you feed the paper | 把纸张倒过来 |
[05:51] | in a downwards fashion, | 喂进机器里 |
[05:52] | so that’s where the expression comes from. | 这个暗语就是这么来的 |
[05:54] | That’s not an expression! | 这不是什么暗语 |
[05:55] | That has never been an expression! | 从来就没有过暗语 |
[05:56] | Okay, I can fix this. | 这事交给我吧 |
[05:57] | I am all over this project. | 这个项目我很熟 |
[06:02] | I’ll say this: | 我要说 |
[06:03] | There is no quit in that guy. | 那家伙是个祸害 |
[06:05] | You should fire him. | 你该解雇他 |
[06:06] | Okay, that, that right there. | 行了 就这句话 |
[06:08] | That attitude is exactly why I won’t be in your video. | 你这态度 正是我不愿上镜头的原因 |
[06:11] | Because GNB doesn’t care. | 因为巨人银行毫无关怀可言 |
[06:12] | They hand out pink slips like they’re hors d’oevres. | 他们解雇人 已经是家常便饭了 |
[06:14] | Just last week, I was talking to Arthur… | 就在上周 我正跟亚瑟说话 |
[06:17] | Oh, whoa, you’re wearing a green tie now. | 你系着条绿领带 |
[06:20] | I’m wearing a green tie. | 绿领带是我系的 |
[06:23] | GNB treats people like they’re disposable, | 巨人银行不把人当人看 |
[06:25] | and I will not be a part of that. | 我可不会与他们为伍 |
[06:28] | Marshall Eriksen does not fire people, | 马修·埃里克森是不会解雇职员 |
[06:31] | period. | 现阶段不会 |
[06:32] | Uh, just want you to know, | 通知你们一下 |
[06:34] | we are making good progress on this new project. | 这个新项目 进展顺利 |
[06:37] | Oh, you gentlemen keep talking, | 你们接着聊 |
[06:39] | I will answer that. | 我来接电话 |
[06:40] | Marshall Eriksen’s office. | 马修·埃里克森办公室 |
[06:42] | Yeah, I can get that for you. | 好的 我可以帮你查 |
[06:44] | Just a second. | 稍等 |
[06:48] | Uh… bank. The “B” stands for bank. | 银行 GNB中的”B”指的是银行 |
[06:50] | Okay, Mother, I’ll see you tonight. | 好了 妈妈 晚上见 |
[06:52] | Oh, yikes. I’d better get Mr. Messy a napkin. | 糟了 我去给一团糟先生拿张纸巾 |
[07:03] | Period. | 我说现阶段 |
[07:05] | Just tell me who you slept with! | 跟我说 你到底跟谁上床了 |
[07:07] | Lily, I don’t want to get into it, okay? | 莉莉 我不想聊这个 好吗 |
[07:09] | Aha, it’s someone we know. | 我知道了 是我们认识的人 |
[07:11] | If it was some ding dong we didn’t know, | 如果是我们都不认识的陌生人 |
[07:13] | you’d just give me his name. | 你只要说出他的名字就行了 |
[07:15] | Fine. It’s Bill Pepper. | 好吧 他叫比尔·佩伯 |
[07:18] | Bill Pepper? | 比尔·佩伯 |
[07:19] | Mm-hmm. | 对啊 |
[07:21] | Kind of a coincidence there happens | 这真巧了 桌上正好有 |
[07:23] | to be a bill and a pepper shaker here on the table. | 一份账单和一罐辣椒粉 |
[07:25] | Any chance you and Bill had a three-way with Fork Napkin? | 你和比尔是不是还和一个叫福柯纸巾的人玩3P了 |
[07:30] | Oh… | 被识破了 |
[07:31] | It’s someone we know! | 果然是我们认识的人 |
[07:33] | So, I’m assuming you all read the chapters | 我想你们都读过了 |
[07:36] | on the Greek Revival architecture. | 希腊复兴时期建筑的相关章节了 |
[07:38] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[07:39] | Yes. How do you sleep at night? | 我有 你晚上能安心睡觉吗 |
[07:46] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[07:47] | It was recently made clear to me | 我最近突然觉得 |
[07:49] | that I don’t know the first thing about architecture, | 我对建筑一无所知 |
[07:50] | so here I am. | 所以我就来了 |
[07:54] | Very well, then, let’s get started. | 很好 那开始上课吧 |
[07:58] | Some examples of Greek Revival architecture… | 有哪些属于希腊复兴时期的建筑呢 |
[08:00] | Ooh! Ooh! | 我知道 我知道 |
[08:01] | Is The Arcadian Greek Revival? | 阿卡迪亚大楼 是希腊复兴建筑吗 |
[08:04] | No. | 不是 |
[08:06] | What’s The Arcadian? | 阿卡迪亚大楼是什么 |
[08:08] | Oh, it’s just this beautiful, old building | 是莫斯比教授打算拆毁的 |
[08:11] | that Professor Mosby wants to tear down. | 一座非常古老而美丽的建筑 |
[08:13] | What?! No, | 什么 不会的 |
[08:14] | Professor Mosby loves old buildings. | 莫斯比教授对古建筑充满热爱 |
[08:16] | He wouldn’t do that. Right, Ted? | 他不会这么做的 对吧 泰德 |
[08:20] | Getting back to Greek Revival… | 回到希腊复兴时期… |
[08:23] | I lost them. | 我被他们鄙视了 |
[08:24] | Look, you’re new at teaching. | 你太没任教的经验了 |
[08:26] | In my kindergarten class, | 在我幼儿园班里 |
[08:27] | I have had plenty of troublesome students. | 有一大堆不听话的学生 |
[08:30] | Like Johnny Marley… | 比如强尼·马列 |
[08:36] | Johnny? | 强尼 |
[08:38] | Johnny! | 强尼 |
[08:40] | He and that little stuffed horsey raised all kinds of hell. | 他和他的毛绒小马 成天不得消停 |
[08:44] | But I have a simple method for shutting down troublemakers. | 但我有个简单的法子制服他们 |
[08:47] | You know that ’98 Taurus that’s | 你们还记得 总停在外面的 |
[08:49] | always parked outside? | 那辆98款福特金牛车吧 |
[08:50] | The one with the really annoying alarm? | 警报器异常恼人的那辆 |
[09:02] | We’re familiar with it. | 那声音我们太熟悉了 |
[09:04] | Well, when a kid like Johnny acts up in my class… | 每当班里有像强尼那样的孩子捣乱时 |
[09:19] | Shuts them right up. | 立刻就能让他们闭嘴 |
[09:20] | Lily, my students are adults, | 莉莉 我的学生是成年人 |
[09:22] | and I treat them that way. | 我要以成年人的方式对待他们 |
[09:23] | I’ll just give them more candy | 我只要给他们带些糖果 |
[09:25] | and make them a mix CD. | 再放上一张混音唱片 |
[09:26] | Problem solved. | 问题就解决了 |
[09:27] | Oh, baby, what’s wrong? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[09:30] | Something bad happened. | 我干了件坏事 |
[09:33] | Randy, hey, have you seen the… | 兰迪 你有没有看见… |
[09:35] | Before you get to that, | 你问之前让我先说 |
[09:37] | regarding the earlier project I was working on… | 之前我在做的那个项目 |
[09:39] | Voil? | 大功告成 |
[09:41] | That’s the Hermanson contract? | 那是赫曼森公司的合同吗 |
[09:42] | The Hermanson contract? | 是要赫曼森公司的 |
[09:44] | Oh, man, this is the Filbert contract. | 倒霉 这是费尔伯特公司的 |
[09:47] | – Damn it! – No… | -该死 -不要 |
[09:49] | Anyway, what’s your thing? | 你刚才要问什么 |
[09:51] | I need the Filbert contract! | 我需要费尔伯特公司的合同 |
[09:53] | No!! | 不是吧 |
[09:57] | Well, I’ll do what I can. | 这样 我会尽我所能 |
[09:59] | But in my experience, | 但凭我的经验而言 |
[10:01] | twice shredded is fairly permanent. | 粉碎两次 就无可还原了 |
[10:04] | Sorry, Randy, but… | 抱歉 兰迪 但是 |
[10:07] | this just isn’t working out. | 这样下去不是办法 |
[10:09] | Marshall popped his cherry! | 马修终于开苞了 |
[10:12] | Come on, Marshall, you have to admit, the guy was a disaster. | 好了 马修 你得承认那个人确实是个灾难 |
[10:15] | I mean, it reflected badly on the company. | 他给公司蒙羞 |
[10:18] | He was an embarrassment. | 他是个耻辱 |
[10:20] | A huge embarrassment. | 一个巨大的耻辱 |
[10:21] | You slept with Randy! | 你和兰迪上床了 |
[10:24] | What?! | 什么 |
[10:25] | Why, it’s elementary, my dear Scherbatson. | 太简单了 我亲爱的特布罗特生 [模仿福尔摩斯对华生说话] |
[10:28] | Your co-host is getting super-popular | 你的同事因为一条白痴的广告 |
[10:31] | because of her stupid commercial, | 变得超受欢迎 |
[10:33] | “Boats! Boats! Boats!” | 大游艇 小游艇 大小游艇 |
[10:34] | So, when you arrived at the GNB party after we left, | 你在我们走了之后 来到GNB的办公室派对 |
[10:37] | you were feeling vulnerable and drunk. | 你心情低落 酩酊大醉 |
[10:40] | Then, from across the not-so-crowded conference room, | 在那个人并不多的会议室里 |
[10:44] | your eyes met. | 你们俩 对上眼了 |
[10:50] | And as we all remember… | 而且众所周知 |
[10:52] | Randy has a unique condition. | 兰迪有一个特殊的情况 |
[10:54] | Yeah, your nose is bleeding like a faucet. | 你鼻血流的跟水龙头一样 |
[10:57] | Oh, God, this happens every time I get an erection. | 天啊 只要我一勃起就这样 |
[11:00] | I am so sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[11:04] | That’s… | 那 |
[11:07] | …exactly what happened. | 就是事实 |
[11:09] | See, Marshall, | 看见没 马修 |
[11:11] | if getting fired is an execution, | 如果说被炒鱿鱼是执行死刑 |
[11:13] | at least the guy had a last meal. | 那至少他在临死前享受了最后的晚餐 |
[11:15] | I promise you, | 我向你保证 |
[11:16] | tomorrow you’ll feel a lot better. | 明天你就会好的 |
[11:19] | Randy, hey, what’s going on? | 兰迪 怎么了 |
[11:21] | I just wanted to say no hard feelings. | 我只是想说我并不生气 |
[11:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:26] | So where you headed now? | 那你现在要去哪 |
[11:31] | Downtown. | 下去啦 |
[11:35] | No!! | 不要 |
[11:38] | It’s okay, baby. | 没事的 宝贝 |
[11:40] | It wasn’t okay. | 一点都不好 |
[11:41] | So the next morning… | 第二天早晨 |
[11:43] | Arthur, I’m here because I made a mistake. | 亚瑟 我来这是因为我犯了一个错误 |
[11:45] | I fired Randy yesterday. | 我昨天炒了兰迪 |
[11:47] | That was a mistake. | 那确实是个错误 |
[11:48] | You should have fired him a year ago. | 你一年前就该把他炒了 |
[11:49] | No, sir, that is what’s wrong with this company. | 不 先生 这是这家公司的问题所在 |
[11:52] | How can we say “GNB Cares,” | 我们怎么能一边高喊”巨人银行 用心关怀” |
[11:54] | and then turn around and treat someone like that? | 一边转身这样对待别人呢 |
[11:57] | I mean, sure, he made a few mistakes, | 当然 他确实犯了一些错误 |
[11:59] | but everybody makes mistakes. | 但是人人都会犯错 |
[12:00] | Like, like Tugboat here. | 就像小拖船一样 |
[12:02] | Aw. I bet you he’s made some mistakes. | 我打赌它肯定也犯过错 |
[12:05] | And you didn’t fire Tugboat, did you? | 但你也没有放弃小拖船 不是吗 |
[12:07] | No, I got him fixed, and he calmed down. | 没 我把它阉了之后 现在好多了 |
[12:10] | Exactly, kind of. | 就是这样 其实也不尽然 |
[12:12] | Randy doesn’t need to be fired. | 兰迪需要的不是炒鱿鱼 |
[12:13] | He needs to be fixed. | 他需要的是修整 |
[12:15] | Marshall, we do some pretty bad things around here, but I… | 马修 在这里我们干很多坏事 但是我 |
[12:18] | No, sir, I’m saying instead of getting rid of someone | 不 先生 我希望当人们犯错时 |
[12:20] | when they screw up, we should… we should help them. | 我们应该帮助他们 而不是把他们开除 |
[12:24] | We should nurture them. | 我们应该培育他们 |
[12:31] | I changed the ice pack on his crotch | 我连续三天每小时 |
[12:33] | every hour for three days. | 给它换一次胯下的冰敷袋 |
[12:35] | Wow, Eriksen, if you want to un-fire Randy, I support you, | 埃里克森 如果你想返聘兰迪 我支持你 |
[12:41] | because to come in here and say what you just said, | 因为来到这里 说出你刚刚的那番话 |
[12:43] | well, you’ve got a couple things that Tugboat doesn’t. | 你和小拖船确实有很大的不同 |
[12:49] | Guys, Prof Rock is a really good mix, okay? | 同学们 摇滚教授这张自制CD真的很棒 |
[12:53] | A piece of New York history is being torn down, | 一段纽约历史将被摧毁 |
[12:55] | and all you could say was “Boo freakin’ hoo”? | 而你却说”爱咋咋地” |
[12:59] | Boo… freakin’… | 爱咋 |
[13:00] | I may have mentioned our conversation | 或许是我在一次玩脚球沙包的时候 |
[13:02] | over a session of hacky sack. | 跟他们小提了一下我们的对话 |
[13:03] | The one day I miss the sack circle, | 我没来沙包小组的那天 |
[13:05] | you guys sub her in? | 你们让她进来了 |
[13:07] | Why’d you miss? | 你为什么会没来 |
[13:08] | Too busy tearing down the Statue of Liberty? | 忙着拆毁自由女神像吗 |
[13:11] | No. I was returning a hot dog costume that you all enjoyed. | 不是 我正忙着退还你们都很喜欢的热狗服 |
[13:17] | They were all turning against me, | 他们开始攻击我 |
[13:20] | so I figured, what the hell. | 所以我想 管他呢 |
[13:35] | And did it work? | 管用吗 |
[13:37] | Like gangbusters. | 超级管用 |
[13:38] | We’re buddies again. | 我们又是好兄弟了 |
[13:39] | After class, we hacked a little sack | 下课以后 我们又踢了一会儿沙包 |
[13:40] | to the thumpin’ strains of my Prof Rock CD. | 伴随着我摇滚教授那张CD的强劲音乐 |
[13:43] | And no, none of them had heard the Pixies B-side. | 是的 他们没人听过小妖精乐队的《B-side》专辑 |
[13:45] | Actually, none of them had heard of the Pixies. | 就是因为他们都不知道小妖精这个乐队 |
[13:47] | Or a B-side. | 我才可以光明正大把《 B-side》这张专辑偷来用 |
[13:49] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[13:50] | Uh-oh. I know that smile. | 我见过那个笑容 |
[13:52] | Lily, there’s no easy way to say this. | 莉莉 你要挺住 |
[13:54] | Marshall’s dead. | 马修死了 |
[13:55] | Randy murdered him. | 兰迪杀了他 |
[13:57] | No. I know why Randy is smiling. | 不对 我知道兰迪为什么会笑 |
[14:00] | You’re smiling because of Robin. | 是因为罗宾 |
[14:02] | Robin? Like how I think about her when I’m in the shower? | 罗宾 就像我洗澡的时候幻想她那样吗 |
[14:05] | I’m trying to eat here, buddy. | 我在吃饭呢 老兄 |
[14:07] | No. Because you slept with her on Halloween. | 不是 因为你万圣节那天和她上床了 |
[14:10] | What? No. | 什么 没有啊 |
[14:12] | I went home, had a shower an-and went to bed. | 我回了家 洗完澡就睡觉了 |
[14:15] | You didn’t sleep with her? | 你没和她上床吗 |
[14:16] | No. | 没有 |
[14:18] | Even in the shower, | 哪怕是在洗澡的时候 |
[14:19] | the farthest we ever get is hugging. | 我们最多也就是抱抱 |
[14:21] | So why are you smiling? | 那你笑什么 |
[14:23] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来告诉你们 |
[14:25] | This just isn’t working out. | 不能再这样下去了 |
[14:27] | I’m fired. Great. | 真好 我又要被炒鱿鱼了 |
[14:30] | This is the candle kiosk at the mall all over again. | 就跟以前的商场蜡烛事件一样 历史重演了 |
[14:34] | Wait a minute. | 等一等 |
[14:35] | I can get a severance check. | 我能拿到一笔赔偿金 |
[14:37] | If I don’t shred it, | 只要我不把它放粉碎机里撕毁了 |
[14:39] | I can use that money to start my own brewery. | 我就可以用那笔钱开一家啤酒厂 |
[14:42] | Imagine a beer with my name on it. | 想象会有一瓶印上我名字的啤酒 |
[14:45] | Randy Wharmpiss, this is the best day of your life. | 兰迪·温尿 这是你人生中最美好的一天 |
[14:50] | Thanks to that severance check, | 多亏了那笔赔偿金 |
[14:52] | this time next year, you’ll all be enjoying | 明年的这个时候 你们将会品尝到 |
[14:54] | a frothy mug of Wharmpiss. | 一杯泡沫丰富的温尿啤酒 |
[14:56] | Randy, great news! | 兰迪 特大喜讯 |
[14:58] | You’re not fired! | 你没有被解雇 |
[15:02] | No…! | 搞毛啊 |
[15:07] | Good morning, everybody… | 早上好 各位 |
[15:13] | Where’s my class? | 我的学生呢 |
[15:18] | Hello, Professor. | 你好 教授 |
[15:20] | Ha-boom. | 完胜 |
[15:26] | I got you your job back, Randy. | 我把你的工作争取回来了 兰迪 |
[15:28] | I thought that you’d be happy. | 我以为你会很高兴 |
[15:29] | But I don’t belong here. | 但是我跟这里格格不入 |
[15:31] | I’m born to be a brewer! A… a hopsmeister! | 我生来就是个酿酒师 我是啤酒花大师 |
[15:34] | Well, then quit. No one’s stopping you. | 那就辞职啊 没人阻止你 |
[15:36] | I-I can’t. I need my severance check. | 我不能 我需要赔偿金 |
[15:38] | Well, I’m sorry Randy, but that’s called fraud. | 真不好意思 兰迪 这是诈骗 |
[15:40] | It’s not fraud. | 这不是诈骗 |
[15:42] | I’m just asking you to get me a lot of money to not work here | 我只是想你炒了我 然后得到大笔赔偿金 |
[15:44] | and not tell anyone about it. | 并且不告诉任何人 |
[15:46] | Even if I wanted to fire you, after my talk with Arthur… | 即使我炒了你 我还是要向亚瑟汇报 |
[15:48] | Oh, come on, Arthur can’t remember that. | 得了吧 亚瑟不会记住这点小事的 |
[15:51] | Marshall, what a memorable talk we had yesterday. | 马修 昨天的谈话真是让人记忆深刻 |
[15:54] | Randy, on behalf of everyone at GNB, | 兰迪 我谨代表巨人银行的每一位员工 |
[15:57] | both in and out of prison, | 无论是坐牢还是出狱的 |
[15:58] | we’re sorry. | 我们对此事深感抱歉 |
[16:00] | And I want to assure you | 而且我要向你保证 |
[16:01] | you will never be fired again. | 你再也不会被开除了 |
[16:02] | You’re going to work here until you die, huh? | 你会在这一直工作直到你死为止 |
[16:06] | Green tie? | 绿色领带 |
[16:09] | Nice choice. | 有品位 |
[16:10] | Thanks. It brings out my eyes. | 谢谢 非常夺目 |
[16:12] | Yeah. I’ll bring out your eyes. | 没错 我真想夺走你的目 |
[16:16] | Listen, Randy, I’m sorry, | 兰迪 我很抱歉 |
[16:17] | but I broke my own moral code once | 但是我曾经打破了我的道德准则 |
[16:19] | and I felt evil. | 我很有负罪感 |
[16:20] | I will not let GNB change me. | 我不会让巨人银行改变我 |
[16:22] | I will never fire anyone again ever. | 我永远也不会开除任何一个人 |
[16:26] | Oh, we’ll see about that. | 那我们走着瞧 |
[16:32] | Anyhoo, while I got you– | 管他的 我对准了 |
[16:34] | big smile. | 笑一个 |
[16:35] | “We care about making dreams come true,” | “我们关心让梦想照进现实” |
[16:37] | in three, two… | 三 二 |
[16:38] | No! | 不 |
[16:40] | What are you doing? | 你这是干嘛 |
[16:41] | Oh, are you unhappy with my performance? | 你不爽我吗 |
[16:44] | Well, I guess I’m fired, then. | 我想我被解雇了 |
[16:45] | I’d better turn in my I.D. | 我最好上交我的ID卡 |
[16:47] | No, it’s actually, | 不 实际上 |
[16:49] | um, nice having some of this clutter off my desk. | 真高兴你把我桌上的杂物弄走 |
[16:52] | So thank you, Randy. | 谢谢了 兰迪 |
[16:57] | And there’s more. | 还有更精彩的 |
[17:01] | I don’t know what I’m going to use this for, | 我不知道我拍这个干嘛 |
[17:02] | but it’s great stuff. | 但这真是好镜头 |
[17:04] | Now am I fired? | 现在我被解雇了吗 |
[17:07] | I’ve been meaning to clean out that file cabinet for ages. | 我早就想彻底打扫那些文件柜 |
[17:10] | I’m not even here. | 当我是透明的 |
[17:11] | Randy, the coffee. | 兰迪 还有咖啡 |
[17:13] | Oh! Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:18] | Thank you, Randy. | 真是谢谢你了 兰迪 |
[17:19] | I’ve been meaning to cut back on my caffeine. | 我一直想减少咖啡因的摄入量 |
[17:22] | Here, try this, but really go for it. | 拿这个试试 使劲用力泼 |
[17:24] | Remember, this guy ruined your life. | 记住 这家伙毁了你的人生 |
[17:32] | That’s just the pick-me-up I needed. | 这就是我需要的提神饮料 |
[17:35] | Speaking of pickups, can we try the first one again? | 说到提神 第一个镜头能再来一遍吗 |
[17:41] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:42] | It didn’t work. They hate me. | 那招不管用了 他们讨厌我 |
[17:44] | How do I get them to like me again? | 怎么才能让他们再喜欢我 |
[17:46] | You don’t. | 你不需要 |
[17:47] | Ted, you’re their teacher. | 泰德 你是他们的老师 |
[17:49] | The only people that like their teachers… | 唯一喜欢老师的那种人 |
[17:51] | I like my teachers. | 我喜欢我的老师 |
[17:52] | …are dorks. | 是白痴 |
[17:53] | Except for you, Miles. | 除了你 迈尔斯 |
[17:57] | Ted, you just have to learn to embrace their hatred. | 泰德 你只需要学习接受他们的恨意 |
[18:00] | Because behind that hatred lies fear. | 因为在恨意的背后 是恐惧 |
[18:03] | And you can use that fear, | 你能利用恐惧 |
[18:05] | like I did with Johnny Marley. | 就像我对约翰·尼马利一样 |
[18:08] | Was there more to that story? | 难道那个故事不止这么简单 |
[18:09] | A little bit. | 有一点 |
[18:29] | Lily, you’re a psychopath. | 莉莉 你简直是神经病 |
[18:32] | A little bit. | 是有点 |
[18:33] | Oh, a panda! | 哇 熊猫真好看 |
[18:37] | I thought about Lily’s advice. | 我考虑了莉莉的建议 |
[18:39] | And I figured fear was worth a try. | 我认为利用恐惧 值得一试 |
[18:43] | Well, Professor Mosby, | 莫斯比教授 |
[18:45] | is there anything you want to say to us? | 你想对我们说些什么吗 |
[18:47] | Anyone not in class tomorrow gets an “F.” | 明天不在教室的人 成绩是F |
[18:54] | You said that? | 你那样说的 |
[18:56] | Well, technically, they’d get an incomplete, | 专业上来说 是他们成绩不完整 |
[18:57] | but I thought “F” had a nice, scary ring to it. | 但我觉得”F”对他们来说是一个不错的警钟 |
[19:00] | – Right? – Yeah. | -对吧 -没错 |
[19:02] | Robin, who’d you sleep with? | 罗宾 你和谁睡了 |
[19:03] | I told you– Randy. | 我告诉你了 兰迪 |
[19:05] | He was a machine. | 他就是个永动机 |
[19:07] | Where’s the poop, Robin? | 又睁眼说瞎话呢 罗宾 |
[19:10] | Fine. I didn’t sleep with anyone. | 好吧 我没和任何人睡 |
[19:13] | The thing is, ever since Becky did that commercial, | 问题是 自从贝基做了那个广告 |
[19:15] | everyone at work loves her. | 每个同事都喜欢她 |
[19:17] | So, the day after Halloween, I was in a commercial. | 所以万圣节的后一天 我在拍广告 |
[19:20] | What… Why didn’t you tell us? | 什么 你为什么不告诉我们 |
[19:24] | Bladder trouble– it’s embarrassing, | 膀胱有问题 是非常尴尬 |
[19:26] | it’s uncomfortable,and it can affect anyone. | 非常不自在 而且无一人能避免 |
[19:30] | I’m going to the bathroom right now. | 我现在就要去厕所 |
[19:32] | Neat and discreet adult diapers | 安全舒适的成人纸尿裤 |
[19:34] | for anyone. | 大人小孩都适用 |
[19:35] | Say… | 说 |
[19:45] | Wow! I can’t wait to see it. | 我等不及想看了 |
[19:48] | Well, hopefully you never will. | 但愿你永远看不到 |
[19:49] | They said that they might not even use it. | 他们说可能不会用它 |
[19:52] | It ran for seven years. | 他们用了七年 |
[19:55] | Okay, you win. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[19:57] | Maybe trashing your office was a mistake. | 或许破坏你的办公室是错的 |
[20:00] | It’s just, uh, as long as I can remember, | 只不过 在我能记事的时候 |
[20:03] | making beer has been my dream. | 酿造啤酒就是我的梦想 |
[20:07] | Wharmpiss? | 温尿牌 |
[20:11] | I know it sounds dump to someone who’s already achieved his dream | 我知道对已经完成梦想的人来说 这主意很愚蠢 |
[20:16] | big-time lawyer at a huge corporation. | 大公司里面的一流律师 |
[20:18] | You think working here is my dream? | 你认为在这工作是我的梦想 |
[20:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:22] | Anyways, I’ll clean this stuff up. | 总之 我会把这清理干净 |
[20:25] | Have someone get that dead squirrel out of your desk. | 叫人把死松鼠从你办公桌上弄走 |
[20:29] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[20:32] | This is delicious. | 非常好喝 |
[20:36] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[20:40] | Kids, the next morning– | 孩子们 隔天早上 |
[20:42] | my class had the highest attendance, ever. | 我的课堂上出勤率达到史上最高值 |
[20:46] | And not long after that, | 过了没多久 |
[20:48] | Randy used his severance money to start a little brewery. | 兰迪用他的赔偿金开了一个小型啤酒厂 |
[20:51] | Now you can have a Wharmpiss at every bar in America. | 现在你在美国任何酒吧 都买到温尿牌啤酒 |
[20:55] | And all because… | 全都因为 |
[20:56] | I care about making dreams come true. | 我关心让梦想照进现实 |
[21:00] | You got what you need? | 你得到你想要的了吧 |
[21:02] | Yep. That’s a wrap. | 拍摄完工 |