时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Kids,one morning in 2010, | 孩子们 在2010年的某个早上 |
[00:03] | I opened the newspaper, | 我打开报纸 |
[00:04] | only to discover an op-edwritten by Zoey Pierson. | 发现了苏伊·皮尔逊写的专栏 |
[00:07] | You remember Zoey. | 你们还记得苏伊吧 |
[00:08] | Key Ted Mosby’s car. | 目标泰德·莫斯比出现 |
[00:11] | In those four column inches, | 在那些四寸小专栏里 |
[00:12] | she railed against meand my company, GNB, | 她猛烈地抨击了我和我的公司 巨人银行 |
[00:15] | for wanting to tear down a beautiful old building, | 企图拆毁一座美丽的老建筑 |
[00:17] | called The Arcadian. | 名为阿卡迪亚酒店 |
[00:18] | And as if that wasn’t bad enough, | 如果这还不算糟 我告诉你们 |
[00:20] | the piece ran on a Saturday, which as you both know, | 这篇文章被刊登在周六的报纸上 你俩也知道 |
[00:23] | is Dad’s crossword day. | 那天有我最爱的填字谜游戏 |
[00:25] | She ruined crossword day! | 她毁了我的字谜游戏 |
[00:27] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[00:28] | She singles me out by name. | 她居然单独提名我 |
[00:30] | Calls me a “fat cat.”Me and my “fat-cat friends.” | 称我为”土大款” “土大款和他的狐朋狗友们” |
[00:33] | We’re not fat cats. | 我们才不是土大款 |
[00:35] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[00:36] | I say, Marshall, my goodman, how’s my bow tie? | 亲爱的马修 我的领结怎么样 |
[00:38] | Impeccable, old bean. | 无懈可击 兄弟 |
[00:39] | – To industry! – Ah, bully! | -向企业致敬 -甚好 |
[00:42] | Okay, that night we weren’tentirely un-fat-catty. | 好吧 那个晚上我们都有点土大款样儿 |
[00:45] | You see, every yearthe Natural History Museum | 每年自然历史博物馆 |
[00:47] | holds its Autumn Spectacular. | 都会举行秋季特别展 |
[00:50] | It’s attended by some of the most powerful | 邀请的都是纽约一些 |
[00:51] | and important peoplein New York. | 有钱有势有地位的人参加 |
[00:53] | And, thanks toGoliath National Bank… | 多亏了巨人国家银行 |
[00:55] | us. | 我们有幸参加 |
[00:57] | Look at us, huh? | 看看我们 |
[00:58] | In tuxedos? | 穿着晚礼服 |
[00:59] | Can you imagine if our collegeselves saw us like this? | 你能想象大学时的我们 如果看见今天正装打扮的我们 |
[01:02] | They’d pelt us with their Phish bootlegs. | 他们会拿鞋抽我们 |
[01:04] | Yeah, we were pretty anti-establishment back then. | 当时我们确实是反政府激进分子 |
[01:08] | Oh, God, remember Russell? | 天啊 还记得罗素吗 |
[01:12] | Nice monkey suit, Russell.Yeah. | 猴子装不错 罗素 |
[01:15] | Come on, guys. | 伙计们 别这样 |
[01:16] | Oh, I’m sorry, I can’t hear you | 真抱歉 我听不清 |
[01:18] | with that corporate noose around your neck. | 你那快被领结绞死的脖子发出的声音 |
[01:20] | And don’t even try showing up to the drum circle this weekend. | 还有 想都别想在这周的鼓乐上炫耀 |
[01:26] | Oh, hey. You guysseen Russell? | 你们看到罗素了吗 |
[01:27] | I’m supposed to drive him to his mom’s funeral. | 我要开车送他 去他母亲的葬礼 |
[01:31] | I wish I knew you guys back then. | 真希望那时可以认识你们 |
[01:33] | You know why? | 想知道原因吗 |
[01:34] | Because you can’t kick a story in the nuts. | 你们还真是喜欢把快乐建筑在人家的痛苦之上 |
[01:36] | Hey, we’re still those people. | 我们依然是这种人 |
[01:38] | One of these days, Marshall’s going to quit his job | 总有一天 马修会辞职 |
[01:40] | and go to work for the NRDC, | 去自然资源保护协会工作 |
[01:42] | and save the world,right, baby? | 你说过要拯救世界的 对吧 宝贝 |
[01:44] | Absotively. | 当了个然 |
[01:46] | But let’s just remember, I mean, | 但是要记得 我是说 |
[01:47] | nobody’s the same as they were in college. | 只要踏出大学校门 人就会变 |
[01:49] | you know, it’s like, I wear a suit to work every day. | 就像我 每天西装革履地去工作 |
[01:51] | Well, yeah, but you wear it ironically, | 你穿着它 还真是讽刺啊 |
[01:53] | like Ted’s fanny pack. | 就像泰德的护肤品小腰包一样 |
[01:55] | Next time we go to Great Adventure, | 下次我们去大冒险公园时 |
[01:57] | you’re carrying your own sunblock. | 你自备防晒霜吧 |
[02:05] | Ooh! I love this exhibit. | 我爱死这个展会了 |
[02:08] | One time when I was a kid, | 当我还是个孩子的时候 |
[02:09] | this room was closed for cleaning, | 这个房间因为打扫关门了 |
[02:10] | so I snuck under the rope. | 我绑了绳子溜了进来 |
[02:13] | Wow, that’s pretty cool. | 那真是了不起 |
[02:14] | When I was a kid,I knocked down the blue whale. | 当我是个孩子时 我把蓝鲸打下来了 |
[02:16] | Okay, the giant blue whale hanging from the ceiling? | 没错 是挂在天花板上那只蓝鲸吗 |
[02:19] | I was six. My uncle Jerry brought me here for the day. | 我六岁时 有天杰里叔叔带我来这玩 |
[02:21] | He said, “Don’t touch anything.” | 他警告我”不要碰任何东西” |
[02:23] | To a kid. | 对着一个小孩 |
[02:24] | That’s like someone telling us, | 就像有人告诉我们 |
[02:26] | “Don’t look at that girl’s perky | “不要看女人那对活泼乱颤 |
[02:27] | and impossibly symmetrical knockers.” | 天生不可能对称的咪咪” |
[02:30] | Not bad. | 的确活力十足 |
[02:32] | So, naturally, I snapped the rib off a triceratops, | 天生神力的我 扯断了三角恐龙的肋骨 |
[02:35] | blahbity-blahbity-blue,I knocked down the whale. | 噼里啪啦 轰隆隆 我就把蓝鲸打下来了 |
[02:38] | I’m surprised security didn’t stop me on the way in. | 我倒是很惊异 保安中途怎么不出来阻止我 |
[02:40] | Well, I’m sure they don’t remember. | 我很肯定他们不会记得 |
[02:42] | I mean, it’s been like 30 years | 毕竟离这个根本没发生的 |
[02:44] | since that completely made-up story didn’t happen. | 虚假胡诌故事 已经30年之久了 |
[02:45] | It happened. | 是真事 |
[02:47] | And these people don’t forget. | 那些人是不可能忘记的 |
[02:49] | This is not the natural stuff that happened | 这又不是每五分钟就上演一出 |
[02:51] | no more than five minutes ago museum. Huh? | 小孩大战蓝鲸戏码的博物馆 对吧 |
[02:54] | Marshall, Barney, there you are. | 马修 巴尼 你们来啦 |
[02:55] | I want you to meet an old friend of mine from Exeter, | 我想给你们介绍一位来自英格兰的老朋友 |
[02:58] | George Van Smoot. | 乔治·凡·斯穆特 |
[03:00] | But you can, and should, call me The Captain. | 但是你们可以并且应该 称呼我为”船长” |
[03:02] | – The Captain? – The Captain? | -船长 -船长 |
[03:04] | Back in school we met | 那时我们在学校 |
[03:05] | during a production of Guys and Dolls. | 因为《红男绿女》的那部音乐剧相识 |
[03:07] | The Captain was Nathan Detroit | 船长饰演内森·底特律[剧中男主角] |
[03:09] | to my assistant stage manager. | 而我嘛 是个舞台督导助理 |
[03:13] | Marshall and Barney here, | 马修和巴尼 |
[03:14] | are the future of Goliath National Bank. | 是巨人银行的未来 |
[03:16] | Well, ahoy. | 嘿[船员用语] |
[03:18] | – Ahoy. – Ahoy, The Captain. | -嘿 -嘿 船长 |
[03:20] | The Captain pretty much paid for this entire shindig. | 船长基本上包了整个舞会 |
[03:22] | Please, enjoy yourselves, | 好好玩 |
[03:23] | have fun, but don’t touch anything. | 玩得高兴 不要乱碰东西哦 |
[03:26] | – Thank you, The Captain. – Challenge accepted. | -谢谢船长 -接受挑战 |
[03:32] | “The future of Goliath National Bank”? | “巨人银行的未来” |
[03:34] | I know, it’s so, uh… | 我知道 是有点 |
[03:36] | You know, I totally forgot to tell you, but, um, | 我完全忘记告诉你 呃 |
[03:39] | the other day, Arthur offered me a five-year contract. | 前不久 亚瑟给了我一份为期五年的合同 |
[03:42] | Oh, well, don’t turn him down here in public. | 千万不要在公共场合拒绝他 |
[03:45] | I broke up with Scooter at the prom. | 我和斯古德就是在班级舞会上分手的 |
[03:48] | Right before the picture, too. | 整好在拍纪念照前 |
[03:53] | So whatever you do, don’t tell him here tonight, ’cause… | 不管你怎么做 不要在今晚告诉他 因为 |
[03:56] | I think I’m going to say yes. | 我应该会签合同 |
[04:02] | Ah, that’s the stuff. | 哇 真材实料 |
[04:17] | I didn’t realize you were small potatoes. | 我真没想到你原来是个小人物啊 |
[04:19] | And to be clear, I am referring to your testicles. | 说得更清楚点 我是指你蛋[胆]小 |
[04:29] | Impressive. | 不错 |
[04:31] | Try this on for size. | 这样能显示出哥的大胆了吗 |
[04:43] | You want to dance? | 你想跳舞吗 |
[04:44] | Let’s dance. | 我们去跳舞吧 |
[04:49] | I live for the dance. | 我最爱跳舞了 |
[04:51] | Get… your other hand… | 把 你的另一只手 |
[04:55] | off my ass. | 从我的屁股上拿开 |
[04:57] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[05:00] | What do you mean,you’re going to say yes? | 你什么意思 你要续约 |
[05:02] | I-I want to keep working at GNB. | 我想继续在巨人银行工作 |
[05:05] | But I thought that you… | 但我认为你 |
[05:06] | Guys, guys, guys? | 伙计们 伙计们 |
[05:07] | Architecture fun fact: | 建筑小趣闻 |
[05:09] | If you stand right here,and you whisper, | 如果你站在这里 小声说句话 |
[05:12] | a person all the way across the other end of the room | 站在这大厅另一头的那个人 |
[05:13] | hears it like you’re standing right next to them. | 会清楚地听见 就仿佛你就站在他们身边一样 |
[05:15] | It’s one of the most sophisticated pieces | 这是世界上最考究的 |
[05:17] | of acoustical design in the world. Watch. | 声学设计之一 瞧好了 |
[05:20] | Diarrhea. | 拉稀 |
[05:23] | Right? Right? | 对吧 对吧 |
[05:26] | But a five-year contract. | 但这可是五年的合同 |
[05:28] | I thought you hated GNB. | 我还以为你讨厌巨人银行呢 |
[05:30] | Look, I don’t hate all of it. | 我并不讨厌它的全部 |
[05:32] | Tonight’s fun. | 今晚就很有意思啊 |
[05:33] | Take a look around. | 你看看四周 |
[05:34] | I mean, this is pretty high-class. | 都是有品位的上层名流 |
[05:36] | Poo-poo. | 便便 |
[05:39] | Poo-poo platter. | 便便盆 |
[05:43] | Zoey? | 苏伊 |
[05:53] | Well, well, well. | 真是巧啊 |
[05:55] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[05:57] | So, what are we protesting tonight? | 我们今晚又反对什么呢 |
[05:59] | Rising cost of jet fuel? | 燃油费涨价 |
[06:01] | The government’s oppressive top hat and monocle tax? | 无良政府对佩戴礼帽和单片镜者征税 |
[06:04] | And what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[06:05] | Oh, right. | 对了 |
[06:07] | Beautiful old building– you’re here to knock it down. | 这也是座美丽的古建筑 你是来摧毁它的 |
[06:09] | Can I finish my drink first? | 我能先把酒喝完再吵吗 |
[06:11] | Darling, there you are. | 亲爱的 你在这儿啊 |
[06:13] | – Hi.- Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[06:14] | Ted, this is my husband. | 泰德 这位是我丈夫 |
[06:17] | Yeah, old stuff’s great. | 果然 你就是喜欢古董 |
[06:29] | Mmm. Ah, this Scotch is good. How’s your drink? | 苏格兰威士忌真好喝 你那杯如何 |
[06:33] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[06:35] | We are two grown adults standing among the greatest collection | 我们两个成年人 身处西半球 |
[06:39] | of natural artifacts in the Western hemisphere, | 自然工艺品的收藏圣殿之中 |
[06:41] | and look at what we’re doing. | 瞧瞧我们都在干嘛 |
[06:43] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:49] | Want to go touch a bunch of stuff? | 想去摸摸其他东西吗 |
[06:51] | Yeah, I do. | 好 我去 |
[07:09] | So, Captain. | 那么 船长 |
[07:10] | How’d you get that name, anyway? | 你是因何而得名的呢 |
[07:12] | Gave it to myself. | 我自己取的 |
[07:13] | A real man chooses his own name. | 真正的男人 有权利自己决定名字 |
[07:15] | Well, pleased to meet you, Captain. | 很高兴认识你 船长 |
[07:17] | I’m Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. | 我是银河系首席巨星超级无敌美男子 |
[07:20] | – This is Ted. – Capital. | -这是泰德 -好名字 |
[07:22] | Honey, I may cut out early. | 宝贝 我可能会早点离场 |
[07:23] | I have to go check upon the boat. | 我得去检查一下船 |
[07:25] | The boat? There’s a boat? | 什么船 你还真有艘船啊 |
[07:27] | You must tell me about this boat, Captain. | 你可得跟我好好聊聊你的船 船长 |
[07:29] | Well, she’s an 85-foot sloop. | 她是一艘85英尺长的单桅纵帆船 |
[07:31] | – She! – Do you like boats? | -还真有 -你对船感兴趣 |
[07:32] | Does the sea call to you like it calls to me? | 大海对你的吸引 就像对我的一样吗 |
[07:35] | Yes. The sea is all like, “Ted, come hang out.” | 是啊 大海一边向我招手 一边说”泰德 出来玩啊” |
[07:39] | I like Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. | 我喜欢这位银河系首席巨星超级无敌美男子 |
[07:43] | You’re coming on the boat sometime. | 改天欢迎你上船玩 |
[07:45] | Stepping off. | 起航 |
[07:48] | Man, I wish me and my dad were as close as you guys are. | 天啊 我真希望我和我老爸的关系也能这么融洽 |
[07:51] | Oh. You want to make this personal? | 你想挑起战争吗 |
[07:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:54] | Destroy Ted Mosby. | 摧毁泰德·莫斯比 |
[07:57] | Now it’s personal. | 现在战争开始 |
[07:59] | No, if I wantedto make it personal, | 不 如果我想挑事的话 |
[08:01] | I’d call youa bored little trophy wife | 我就会称呼你为 无聊的金屋小娇妻 |
[08:03] | who likes to play activist | 当第五大道商场关门的时候 |
[08:04] | when the shopson 5th Avenue are closed. | 就跑出来当激进分子 |
[08:07] | You’re going down. | 你就快沉了 |
[08:08] | Down where? To the yacht club? | 往哪沉 帆船俱乐部吗 |
[08:11] | Oh! I would love to. | 那我荣幸之至 |
[08:12] | W-w-wait. | 等等 |
[08:14] | I’m half Jewish,will that be a problem? | 我有一半的犹太血统 没关系吧 |
[08:16] | So what about becoming an environmental lawyer? | 那成为一名保护环境的律师的梦想呢 |
[08:19] | What about saving the world? | 拯救世界的梦想呢 |
[08:21] | Wieners. | 大香肠[大JJ] |
[08:22] | That was a great dream. | 那是个伟大的理想 |
[08:24] | But we have a mortgage, and we’re trying to have kids. | 但我们还有贷款要还 以后还要养小孩 |
[08:27] | We’re grown-ups now, Lily. | 莉莉 我们都是成年人了 |
[08:28] | Wieners and gonads. | 大香肠 小蛋蛋[小男人无定力] |
[08:29] | What would College You say | 如果大学时期的你 |
[08:31] | if he heard whatyou were saying right now? | 听见这话会怎么想 |
[08:33] | Honestly? Probably something pretentious, | 实话吗 也许觉得我是自命不凡 |
[08:35] | and pseudo-intellectual, like… | 的伪聪明人士 就像… |
[08:36] | Boogers. | 鼻屎[可怕的人] |
[08:39] | We all change, Lily. | 我们都变了 莉莉 |
[08:40] | You know, you don’t spell”women” with a “Y” anymore. | 你再也不把”女人”写成”女银”了 |
[08:43] | And I’m okay with that. | 这我无所谓 |
[08:45] | And you need to be okay with the fact | 同样地 你也得接受 |
[08:47] | that I may never become an environmental lawyer. | 我可能永远也成不了保护环境的律师 |
[08:51] | So how long have you felt this way? | 你从什么时候起有这种想法的 |
[08:53] | Honestly? | 实话吗 |
[08:57] | Since my first day at GNB. | 从我第一天在巨人银行入职起 |
[09:00] | Hershey squirts. | 屎崩了 |
[09:08] | Hey. How do youlike my date’s tux? | 你觉得我男伴的这身西装如何 |
[09:13] | Uh, a-thank you! | 来一个 谢谢咯 |
[09:14] | Oh, none for him,he’s stuffed. | 他不要 他一肚子填充物 |
[09:19] | Stuffed. | 撑都撑死了 |
[09:22] | Oh! Zoey! There you are. | 苏伊 你在这儿啊 |
[09:25] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[09:26] | You have a monocle. | 你竟然戴了单片镜 |
[09:28] | Is this real? Is this really happening? | 这是真的吗 居然真有人戴这玩意儿 |
[09:30] | Can you excuse us for a moment? Let’s go for a walk. | 抱歉失陪了 咱们出去走走吧 |
[09:33] | Good luck killing James Bond. | 祝你早日杀了詹姆斯·邦德 |
[09:37] | Are we allowed in here? | 这里让人进来吗 |
[09:39] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎么样 |
[09:40] | I want my crossword day back. | 我只想安心地玩我的拼字游戏 |
[09:42] | Okay? Go live your perfectlittle life, | 可以吗 去过你的完美小日子 |
[09:44] | and leave me the hell alone. | 别再揪着我不放了 |
[09:45] | My life isn’t perfect. | 我的人生并不完美 |
[09:47] | Oh, please, what’s your biggest problem? | 拜托 你现在最大的麻烦是什么 |
[09:48] | Having to sail back to the marina | 因为船上没有葡萄酒 |
[09:50] | because the Captain’s all out of white Zin? | 所以不得不把船开回码头吗 |
[09:54] | Oh. Great. Now you’re crying. | 真好 这下你又要哭了 |
[09:56] | Like that’s going to get my sympathy. | 别指望我会同情你 |
[09:58] | It did. | 我同情她 |
[10:01] | You’ve known about this for two and a half years? | 你两年半前就这样想了 |
[10:04] | So every time you’ve talked about | 所以从那时起 |
[10:06] | wanting to be an environmental lawyer since then, | 每次你说要成为一名环境律师 |
[10:08] | that was a lie. | 都是在撒谎咯 |
[10:10] | Technically,I never lied. | 严格上来说 我没有撒谎 |
[10:13] | You asked me questions, | 你提问 |
[10:15] | and I responded with made-up words. | 我用胡诌来回答你 |
[10:18] | What? | 什么 |
[10:19] | So, you’ll probably quit GNB in a couple years, right? | 你在巨人银行做几年就会辞职了 对吧 |
[10:22] | Affirmatootly. | 肯了个定 |
[10:24] | And become an environmental lawyer? | 然后当一个环境律师吗 |
[10:25] | Yepskerdoodles. | 是了个吧 |
[10:27] | Hey, by the way, do you like this scarf? | 对了 你喜欢这条围巾吗 |
[10:29] | Posititochadochmecochepopocha. | 不 前前后后左左右右上上下下 错 |
[10:33] | Lawyered. | 哥可是大律师 |
[10:34] | Okay, that’s also a made-up word. | 大律师也是胡诌的吧 姐算是开眼界了 |
[10:36] | Okay. Lily,what do you want from me? | 莉莉 你到底想我怎么样 |
[10:39] | I want you to be the personI fell in love with. | 我想要你变回我当初爱上的那个人 |
[10:55] | Nailed it! | 心服口服了吧 |
[10:57] | Excuse me. | 抱歉打断两位的欢乐时光 |
[11:00] | Thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地 你终于来了 |
[11:02] | She’s been messing with the exhibits. | 这个疯婆子一直在瞎搞展品 |
[11:06] | I got married when I was 22 | 我在我二十二岁的时候 |
[11:08] | to a man who calls himself “The Captain”. | 就嫁给了那位自称自己是 “船长”的人 |
[11:11] | He seems like a good guy. | 他人看起来挺好的 |
[11:14] | He wears those red pants. | 他穿着那些酷酷的红裤子 |
[11:17] | I hate boats, Ted. | 我讨厌船 泰德 |
[11:20] | I do, I hate ’em. | 真的 我讨厌死船了 |
[11:21] | I can’t be on them. I can’t be near them. | 我无法呆在船上 连靠近一点都受不了 |
[11:23] | I can’t even think about them without getting seasick. | 甚至只要一想到”船”这个字 我就会晕船 |
[11:28] | You want to know why I want to save that building? | 你想知道为什么我想拯救那个老建筑吗 |
[11:32] | Because when I look up at The Arcadian, | 因为当我抬头仰望阿卡迪亚酒店的大楼时 |
[11:34] | I see something big and solid, | 我看见宏大和坚固 |
[11:38] | and right now everything else in my life | 而现在 我生命里其他的东西 |
[11:40] | just feels like I’m on a boat. | 却像在船上一般 摇摇欲坠 |
[11:43] | I know it’s crazy to care that much about a building. | 我明白 这么在乎一个建筑物是如此的疯狂 |
[11:47] | It’s not crazy at all. | 一点都不疯狂 |
[11:48] | I’m the same way. | 我也是如此的一个人 |
[11:49] | Look, Zoey, | 听我说 苏伊 |
[11:51] | The Arcadian should be a landmark, it should. | 阿卡迪亚值得成为一个地标建筑 真的 |
[11:55] | The lion head stonework is iconic. | 它的石狮头是如此的有象征性 |
[12:00] | I hate that we have to tear it down. | 我很不希望它被拆除 |
[12:02] | I hate working for GNB. | 我恨死了为巨人银行工作 |
[12:04] | They’re a bunch of wieners and gonads. | 他们就是大JJ和小蛋蛋的最佳结合体 |
[12:08] | Ted, that was… | 泰德 那真是 |
[12:11] | really easy. | 太轻而易举了 |
[12:13] | What? | 什么意思 |
[12:17] | They’re a bunch of wieners and gonads. | 他们就是大JJ和小蛋蛋的最佳结合体 |
[12:20] | This should be useful. | 这应该会挺有用的 |
[12:23] | And in that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[12:25] | another headline appeared before my eyes. | 另一条头条浮现在我的眼前 |
[12:33] | You tricked me. | 你耍阴招 |
[12:34] | Well, it the bug room, Ted. | 泰德 这里是昆虫室 |
[12:36] | Your ass just got bugged. | 你被昆虫狠狠地叮了一下[BUG 还有窃听的意思] |
[12:40] | Oh, the offer still stands. | 我们的邀请依旧生效 |
[12:43] | We simply must have you out on the boat sometime. | 我们一定得邀请你来船上玩玩 |
[12:54] | Well, aren’t you two clever. | 你们俩还挺聪明的嘛 |
[12:56] | Well, guess what,this museum has seen | 要知道 这座博物馆早就见识过 |
[12:58] | every kind of prank you can think of. | 各种各样的捣蛋鬼了 |
[12:59] | Mummies playing poker, | 木乃伊们打扑克 |
[13:00] | penguins sticking out of volcanoes, | 企鹅从火山口里跑出来 |
[13:03] | dinosaurs from the Cretaceous period | 白垩纪的恐龙 |
[13:04] | hanging out with dinosaurs from the Jurassic period. | 跟侏罗纪的恐龙 瞎混在一起 |
[13:07] | One time a kid knocked down the blue whale. | 有一次还有个孩子把蓝鲸打下来了 |
[13:09] | You name it… | 只有你们想不到的 没有他们做不到的 |
[13:10] | I’m sorry. Did you say someone knocked down the blue whale? | 不好意思插个嘴 你说某人把蓝鲸打下来了 |
[13:12] | Oh no, not just someone. | 不不 不是某人 |
[13:14] | A six-year-old. | 是一个六岁的孩子 |
[13:15] | Oh, yeah, that story is legend… | 没错 那可是个 |
[13:17] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[13:18] | …dary. | 传奇 |
[13:20] | And, um, would you happen to know | 那您不会碰巧知道 |
[13:23] | what that youngman’s name was? | 那小孩的名字叫什么吧 |
[13:24] | No. | 不知道 |
[13:27] | But I could,uh, check the files. | 但是我可以查查档案记录 |
[13:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:35] | Now, Arthur, your turn. | 亚瑟 轮到你了 |
[13:37] | I just sang three songs. | 我才刚唱完三首歌 |
[13:39] | Now you-you do your part from “Guys and Dolls”. | 现在轮到你上演 你《红男绿女》里面的桥段了 |
[13:45] | Take your seats, everyone. | 各位请就座 |
[13:48] | The show’s about to start. | 表演即将开始 |
[13:50] | Douche. | 死老头 |
[13:56] | So I hear my wife got you pretty good. | 听说我老婆把你整得挺惨的 |
[14:02] | She caught me on tape trashing GNB. | 她录到了我说巨人银行的坏话了 |
[14:04] | Oh, that damn recorder. | 那台该死的小录音机 |
[14:06] | Try being married to that. | 想象下跟这种女人和她的录音机结婚 |
[14:09] | “But you said you’d get the Corgis neutered this weekend.” | 你说你这周末会带小狗去做结扎手术的 |
[14:12] | “I said no such thing”. | 我才没这么说过 |
[14:14] | “Oh, yeah?” Click. | 是吗 然后一按 原话毕现 |
[14:18] | You’re a good guy, | 你是个好人 |
[14:19] | Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. | 银河系首席巨星超级无敌美男子 |
[14:23] | Tell you what, when Zoey goes to sleep, | 这样吧 等苏伊睡着之后 |
[14:25] | I’ll find that tape and erase it for you. | 我会把你洗掉那段录音 |
[14:27] | No hard feelings. | 别难过了 |
[14:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:29] | You’d do that to your own wife? | 你会对你老婆做这种事吗 |
[14:31] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 为什么不会 |
[14:32] | I mean, I’m glad she has these little causes, | 我很庆幸她有这些小事业 |
[14:35] | they keep her out of trouble. | 那令她忘却烦恼与忧愁 |
[14:37] | But when she throws a temper tantrum | 但是当她为此而大动肝火 |
[14:39] | and it gets in the way of someone doing their job, | 而且还干扰别人的工作时 |
[14:40] | That’s a problem. | 那就是个问题了 |
[14:42] | No, you know what? | 算了 这样吧 |
[14:44] | Don’t erase the tape. | 别洗掉那段录音了 |
[14:46] | And for what it’s worth, | 个人意见 |
[14:47] | I don’t think she’s throwing temper tantrums. | 我不觉得她是在乱发脾气 |
[14:49] | I just think she’s, you know, | 我觉得她只是 |
[14:51] | standing up for what she believes in. | 为了她的信仰勇敢地站出来 |
[14:53] | I respect that. | 我尊重她的行为 |
[14:56] | Hey, what about this? | 不如这样吧 |
[14:59] | I’ll take you out on the boat sometime. | 找个时间 我带你上船出去玩玩 |
[15:02] | You’ve got to see this boat. | 你一定要来瞧瞧这艘船 |
[15:05] | She’s breathtaking. | 她美的令人神魂颠倒 |
[15:06] | Kids, there’s an amazingarchitectural phenomenon | 孩子们 在自然历史博物馆里 |
[15:09] | in the Natural History Museum. | 有一个很美妙的建筑现象 |
[15:11] | If you stand in the right spot, | 只要你站在正确的位置上 |
[15:13] | you can hear an entire conversation | 你就可以从遥远的另一端 |
[15:16] | all the way across the room. | 听到别人的每一言每一句 |
[15:21] | July 23, 1981, | 1981年 7月23日 |
[15:23] | – Incident report.- No | -意外事故报告 -不可能 |
[15:24] | At approximately 1000 hours, | 在一千小时 |
[15:27] | – No. – Vandal dislodged | -不可能 -破坏者把 |
[15:28] | rib from triceratops skeleton – No. | -三角龙的骨骸上的肋骨给卸下来 -不可能 |
[15:31] | and flung said ribat giant whale. | 拿来扔上述说的里巴特大鲸鱼 |
[15:33] | No. | 绝对不可能 |
[15:34] | Causing said giant whale to fall in a downward trajectory. | 导致大鲸鱼掉进了下坡轨道 |
[15:38] | – No. – And the vandal’s name… | -不对 -那个破坏者的名字是 |
[15:40] | No. | 不可能 |
[15:41] | well, I’ll be damned–Barney Stinson. | 哇 吓死人了 居然是巴尼·斯丁森 |
[15:44] | No! No! | 不可能 绝对不可能 |
[15:46] | Who’s the master, Leroy? | 皮草女 你现在服气了吧 |
[15:48] | Stinson was reprimanded and returned to | 斯丁森被严厉谴责 并送回 |
[15:51] | the custody of his father, Jerome Whittaker. | 其监护人 父亲杰罗姆·惠特克处 |
[15:53] | Uh, no, uncle.Jerome Whittaker is my uncle. | 说错了 是叔叔 杰罗姆·惠特克是我叔叔 |
[15:56] | – Uncle Jerry. – Says father. Even signed it | -杰里叔叔嘛 -上面说的是父亲 白纸黑字 |
[15:59] | and checked the box for father and everything. | 还以父亲的身份检查盒子和其他物品 |
[16:03] | Jerry’s my uncle. | 杰里是我叔叔 |
[16:16] | Lily? | 莉莉 |
[16:22] | Honey, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 发生什么事了 |
[16:23] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[16:25] | Do you want a hit of this sandwich? | 你要来抽一把这根三明治吗[实为大麻] |
[16:28] | I want you. | 我要你 |
[16:29] | Awesome. Let me just put a sock on the doorknob. | 太棒了 我先放个袜子在门把手那 |
[16:32] | No. I mean, I want you | 不 我是说 我要你 |
[16:35] | as opposed to who you’ve become. | 回到原来的样子 |
[16:37] | You’ve changed so much. | 现在的你 变了很多 |
[16:40] | What? How have I changed? | 什么 我怎么会变了呢 |
[16:42] | Did I cheat on you? | 我背叛你了吗 |
[16:45] | No. | 没有 |
[16:46] | Did I stop writing poems for you? | 我不再为你写诗了吗 |
[16:47] | Yes, but I’m okay with that. | 那倒是真的 不过我没有意见 |
[16:50] | Am I not as good at making the sweet, sweet love to you? | 我对于床第之欢再也不尽心尽力了吗 |
[16:54] | Actually, you’re way better now. | 事实上 你现在好多了 |
[16:57] | You last, like, two, three times as long. | 你一个晚上大概能来个两三次呢 |
[16:59] | You said that any longer would be too much. | 你以前不是说 一次激情足以让人回味无穷 |
[17:02] | It’s okay. College Lily thinks those are orgasms. | 多多益善 大学时年幼无知 误把快感当高潮 |
[17:06] | No, it’s… it’s none of that. | 不过 都不是你说的这些 |
[17:09] | It’s just this new Marshall,Corporate Marshall | 是如今的马修 上班族马修 |
[17:13] | he wears suits all the time. | 整日西装革履 |
[17:16] | He doesn’t care about saving the world. | 把拯救世界的梦想丢到一旁 |
[17:18] | He’s not you. | 他不再是以前的你 |
[17:20] | I want you back. | 我要你变回原来的样子 |
[17:23] | Well, you can’t have me. | 你的愿望恐怕实现不了 |
[17:25] | Look at the sign. | 你看下面的指示牌 |
[17:29] | I’m extinct. | 我绝种了 |
[17:31] | I’ve gone the way of Jane’s Addiction. | 我和”简的嗜好”一样 消逝在人世了 |
[17:33] | Actually, Jane’s Addiction got back together. | 其实”简的嗜好”已经重组了 |
[17:36] | They did? | 是吗 |
[17:37] | Yeah, they’ve done a few tours,they put out a new album. | 是的 他们做了几场巡演 还出了张新专辑 |
[17:40] | Are you serious?! That is awesome! | 你是说真的吗 太棒了 |
[17:42] | Are they just as good? | 他们歌还跟以前一样好听吗 |
[17:43] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:45] | Look, I know that Corporate Marshall wears a tie and everything, | 听着 虽然上班族马修西装革履不再热血 |
[17:50] | but it sounds like he hasn’t changed where it counts. | 但是他爱你的本质是不会改变的 |
[18:04] | Look, Lily, I know that you would have been okay | 莉莉 我知道你不介意当初 |
[18:07] | if we were poor and I wastrying to save the world, | 和我这个一心想拯救地球的穷小子 过着清贫的日子 |
[18:10] | Will you still be ok if I make a lot of money, | 如果我挣很多很多的钱 |
[18:14] | and I spend all of it spoiling you and our kids? | 全拿来宠你和我们的孩子 你还介意吗 |
[18:20] | We’ll make it work. | 我们会努力解决的 |
[18:31] | There he goes. | 主角出场 |
[18:33] | The Marathon Man. | 性爱马拉松运动员 |
[18:35] | Mr. Stamina himself. | 持久坚挺先生 |
[18:37] | I can kiss betterthan that old man. | 我的接吻技术那老男人强多了 |
[18:42] | So when was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见到他是什么时候 |
[18:45] | It was that day, | 就是那天 |
[18:48] | July 23, 1981. | 1981年7月23日 |
[18:51] | My mom got pretty mad that he let me destroy | 他让我肆意破坏纽约的地标建筑 |
[18:53] | a New York City landmark. | 让我妈妈非常生气 |
[18:55] | Moms. | 妈妈都这样 |
[18:57] | He never came around anymore after that. | 从那以后 他再也没来过我家了 |
[19:01] | Think he moved away. | 我还以为他搬走了 |
[19:04] | Well, maybe the security guy had it wrong. | 或许保安误会了呢 |
[19:06] | You never know… | 你怎么知道 |
[19:07] | But you do know, you do know. | 可我知道 我就是知道 |
[19:08] | That’s the thing. You know. | 直觉告诉我是他 你懂的 |
[19:12] | He’s my dad. | 他是我父亲 |
[19:15] | Barney, do you want…? | 巴尼 你想 |
[19:16] | I don’t want to do anything. | 我什么也不想干 |
[19:19] | Don’t tell anyone about this, okay? | 千万不要告诉别人这件事 行吗 |
[19:23] | I’m serious.It’s a great look. | 说真的 真的很好看 |
[19:24] | I think it could come back, but one question. | 我觉得它还会回来 不过有个问题 |
[19:26] | Does it cost half as much as glasses? | 这个的价格是你眼镜的一半吧 |
[19:28] | Can I steal you for a second? | 我能借你一会儿吗 |
[19:35] | You don’t need to worry. I… | 你不用担心 我是 |
[19:36] | What are you doing? | 你这是干嘛 |
[19:38] | Oh, I thought we were… | 我以为你邀我跳舞呢 |
[19:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[19:43] | I erased the tape. | 我把录音洗了 |
[19:45] | What? | 为什么 |
[19:47] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要 |
[19:48] | I’m going to beat you fair and square. | 我要光明正大把你打败 |
[19:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:52] | But it’s good to know how easily | 不过知道女人能轻易 |
[19:54] | you can be manipulated by a woman. | 把你玩弄于股掌之间 也不错 |
[19:58] | You look gross whenyou cry, you know that? | 你知道你的哭相很难看吗 |
[20:00] | Some women look cute. | 有些女人哭相很可爱 |
[20:02] | You look like a basset hound. | 你哭起来就像巴塞特猎犬一样 脸都皱起来了 |
[20:04] | Oh, laugh it up now. | 现在你尽管笑 |
[20:06] | Because starting Monday, | 因为一到周一 |
[20:08] | I got you in my crosshairs. | 我就会瞄准你 全力出击 |
[20:10] | Bring it on, Princess. | 尽管放马过来 公主 |
[20:36] | Eriksen… | 埃里克森 |
[20:37] | It’s, uh, 3:00 a.m. | 这都凌晨3点了 |
[20:39] | You know what, you might as well not even go home. | 你还是别回家休息了 直接干到第二天上班得了 |
[20:51] | And so Marshall stayed right on at Goliath National Bank. | 于是马修就真的没有回家 |
[20:55] | Of course,it wouldn’t last forever. | 当然 这种状况没有持续很久 |
[20:58] | But that’s another story. | 不过这个故事 改天再说 |