时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Kids, as you know, | 孩子们 如你们所知 |
[00:02] | i was still designing Goliath National Bank’s new headquarters | 我为巨人国家银行设计的新大楼 |
[00:05] | on the site of old hotel of The Arcadian, | 选址在古老的阿卡迪亚酒店 |
[00:08] | Problem was, some people didn’t want The Arcadian tore down. | 可问题是 有些人不想让这酒店被毁 |
[00:12] | Even bigger problem, they were led by my girlfriend Zoey. | 更大的问题是 我的女朋友苏伊是这些人的领头 |
[00:15] | G-N-B is the e-ne-my! | 巨人银行 势不两立 |
[00:17] | Oh, hang on, hang on, hang on! Hey, sweetie! | 等等等等 嗨 亲爱的 |
[00:19] | Are we still on for dinner at 8:00 at Valenzisi’s? | 我们约了8点在瓦伦希斯晚餐哟 |
[00:22] | That’s great! I can’t wait! | 太好了 我迫不及待了 |
[00:25] | That’s great. I can’t wait! | 太好了 我迫不及待了 |
[00:27] | That’s great. I can’t wait! | 太好了 我迫不及待了 |
[00:29] | But somehow, Zoey and I were making it work. | 但无论如何 这并没影响我和苏伊的感情 |
[00:31] | Ted, why are you dating our arch-enemy?! | 泰德 你为什么要跟我们的死敌在一起 |
[00:34] | I mean, Wile E. Coyote wasn’t trying | 我是说 大笨狼怀尔就不会跟 |
[00:36] | to sleep with the Roadrunner. | 必必鸟睡在一起 |
[00:37] | Or maybe he was. | 也许他会呢 |
[00:39] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[00:40] | The way that she bats her eyelashes | 她在他面前那样抛媚眼 |
[00:43] | and shakes her tail feathers in his face? | 扭动她尾巴上的羽毛 |
[00:46] | She wants it. | 她很饥渴 |
[00:48] | Isn’t it hard for you guys to be on opposite sides | 在这种大事上 你们意见相左 |
[00:50] | of something like this? | 不会影响感情吗 |
[00:51] | Of course you feel that way, Lily. | 你当然这么觉得 莉莉 |
[00:53] | You and Marshall have basically melded | 你和马修基本已经融合成 |
[00:55] | into one big hermaphroditic blob. | 雌雄同体的整体了 |
[00:57] | And that’s fine for you guys. | 这对你们来说很好 |
[00:59] | But some of us want | 但我们有些人会想要一个 |
[01:00] | a partner who challenges us to grow and evolve. | 能跟我们对着干的伴侣 好让我们成长进步 |
[01:03] | You guys are in screaming matches all the time. | 你们俩总是吵架 还总是在比看谁大声 |
[01:06] | Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh. | 不对不对 |
[01:07] | Growing matches. | 我们是成长比赛 |
[01:08] | It was true. | 这是真的 |
[01:10] | Zoey and I loved to challenge each other. | 我和苏伊喜欢跟对方对着干 |
[01:12] | The main character is a young spoiled prince | 主角是一位年少被宠坏的王子 |
[01:15] | thrust into leadership after the death of his father. | 在父亲去世后 奋发担起领袖之职 |
[01:17] | It’s obviously a modern-day retelling of Henry IV! | 这显然是现代版的《亨利四世》 |
[01:20] | Are you kidding me?! | 你开什么玩笑 |
[01:21] | It’s Don Quixote– the classic quest story | 这明明是《堂吉诃德》 经典的探险故事 |
[01:23] | with the hero-jester and his long-suffering manservant! | 不过主角是一个小丑和他苦不堪言的仆人 |
[01:26] | Okay, clearly, when we’re watching Tommy Boy, | 好了 很显然 我们看《乌龙兄弟》的时候 |
[01:29] | we’re watching two different movies. | 看到的是两部不同的电影 |
[01:32] | No, you hang up. | 不 你先挂 |
[01:34] | No, you hang up. | 不 你先挂 |
[01:36] | No, you hang up. | 不 你挂 |
[01:38] | No, you hang up. | 不 你挂 |
[01:39] | No, you hang up! | 不 你挂吧 |
[01:42] | No, you hang up. | 不 你挂吧 |
[01:44] | No, you hang up. | 不 还是你挂 |
[01:45] | No, you… | 不 还是你… |
[01:47] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[01:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:51] | For the love of God, will one of you idiots | 看在上帝的份上 你们俩白痴 |
[01:53] | hang up the phone? | 谁先把电话挂了吧 |
[01:57] | Why would you do that?! | 你干嘛这样 |
[02:00] | I-I thought you’d like it. | 我以为你会喜欢 |
[02:02] | Who likes that? | 谁会喜欢这样 |
[02:04] | I like it. | 我就喜欢 |
[02:07] | Your relationship sounds exhausting. | 你们的关系听起来太劳神了 |
[02:10] | Well, maybe yours is a bit lazy. | 也许是你们的太安逸了 |
[02:12] | Marshall and I have been together 15 years, | 马修和我在一起15年 |
[02:16] | and the only debate we’ve had about Tommy Boy | 我们关于《乌龙兄弟》唯一的争论只在于 |
[02:18] | is whether it’s awesome or super awesome. | 它是很棒呢 还是超级棒呢 |
[02:21] | That’s love, bitch. | 这才是爱 小样 |
[02:38] | Now around this time, | 在此期间 |
[02:39] | Marshall had truly come to hate his job. | 马修变得十分厌恶他的工作 |
[02:42] | He hated the paperwork. | 他讨厌看不完的报告 |
[02:44] | He hated the coffee. | 他讨厌这里的咖啡 |
[02:46] | He hated the dirty jokes. | 他讨厌黄段子 |
[02:51] | He hated everything. | 他无所不厌 |
[02:56] | I have to quit. | 我得辞职 |
[02:57] | Quit GNB?! Why? | 离开巨人国家银行 为什么 |
[02:59] | I need to do better things with my life, okay? | 我得用我的人生 去做更有益的事 |
[03:02] | There’s-There’s an opening for an environmental lawyer | 国家保护资源委员会 |
[03:04] | at the National Resources Defense Council. | 在招聘一名环境律师 |
[03:06] | Sure, it pays less, but | 当然 收入会减少 但是 |
[03:07] | I’d be saving the oceans, | 那样我就可以去挽救海洋 |
[03:09] | saving endangered species… | 挽救频临灭绝的物种… |
[03:11] | Saving chicken bones and an old boot to make hobo soup? | 再讨些鸡骨头和旧靴子来做流浪汤吗 |
[03:14] | Marshall, you can’t pay your mortgage | 马修 儿戏和一时冲动 |
[03:17] | with Hacky Sacks and good vibes. | 可没法帮你还房贷 |
[03:19] | Baby, you have my full support. | 宝贝 我全力支持你 |
[03:22] | Well, then, you’re not going to be able to pay | 好吧 你们计划已久的西班牙之旅 |
[03:24] | for that trip to Spain that you’ve been planning. | 你也付不起费用了 |
[03:27] | Say good-bye | 再也别想再 |
[03:28] | to riding around in Gondolas, | 凤尾船上巡游[意大利威尼斯的小船] |
[03:29] | and eating bratwurst | 吃着大热狗[德国产] |
[03:32] | and seeing the pyramids. | 欣赏金字塔的美景 |
[03:34] | I don’t think you know what Spain is. | 我想你对西班牙一无所知吧 |
[03:36] | Well, I know that a trip there costs | 好吧 可我知道要花上 |
[03:38] | some serious lira. | 一大笔里拉[意大利货币] |
[03:41] | It’s dinero. | 是迪内罗[西语中”钱”的叫法] |
[03:41] | Where? I want his autograph! | 在哪 我想要他的签名 |
[03:44] | So Marshall walked in the next morning all ready to quit. | 第二天早晨 马修准备好去辞职 |
[03:47] | But then something weird happened. | 但怪事发生了 |
[03:49] | * I will remember you… * | *我会记住你* |
[03:51] | Suddenly, he didn’t hate the paperwork. | 突然间 他不讨厌报告了 |
[03:54] | He didn’t hate the coffee. | 不讨厌咖啡了 |
[03:57] | He didn’t even hate the dirty jokes. | 甚至不讨厌黄段子了 |
[04:02] | Out of nowhere, Marshall actually liked GNB. | 不知怎地 马修真的喜欢上了巨人银行 |
[04:09] | – It’s graduation goggles. – What? | -这是毕业假象 -什么 |
[04:11] | Graduation goggles, like with high school. | 毕业假象 比如高中的时候 |
[04:13] | It’s four years of bullies | 四年间 戴着牙箍的孩子们 |
[04:14] | making fun of all the kids with braces, | 哪怕是在牙箍取掉 一切正常之后 |
[04:16] | even after the braces come off and they can walk just fine. | 都一直被学校里的混球们取笑 |
[04:19] | But then, on graduation day, | 但后来 到了毕业的那天 |
[04:20] | you suddenly get all misty because you realize | 你突然变得很伤感 因为你意识到 |
[04:22] | you’re never going to see those jerks again. | 你再也看不到这些混蛋了 |
[04:24] | I just had graduation goggles | 我就对之前约会过的那个史酷比 |
[04:26] | with that guy Scooby I dated. | 产生过毕业假象 |
[04:27] | The guy who was basically a dog? | 那本质上是条狗的家伙 |
[04:29] | He was the worst kisser I’ve ever been with. | 他是我遇过最烂的接吻对象 |
[04:33] | But the moment I decided to dump him… | 但就在我决定甩了他的那一刻 |
[04:36] | * I will remember you… * | *我会记住你* |
[04:37] | …I suddenly got kind of wistful. | 我突然有点不舍 |
[04:42] | He was a good boy. | 他是个好孩子[此句经常用来夸狗狗] |
[04:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:45] | I’ve been there, too. | 我也经历过 |
[04:47] | Every time I’m done having sex with a woman, | 每次我跟一个女人上过床之后 |
[04:49] | at first, I never want to see her again. | 一开始 我会再也不想看到她 |
[04:52] | But then… | 但后来 |
[04:54] | * I will remember you… * | *我会记住你* |
[05:00] | No, that’s pretty much it. | 不 就这样吧 |
[05:04] | The point is, you can’t trust graduation goggles. | 重点是 你不能相信毕业假象 |
[05:08] | They’re just as misleading as beer goggles, | 他们就像啤酒假象 |
[05:10] | bridesmaid goggles, | 伴娘假象 |
[05:12] | and that’s-just-a-bulky, outdated-cell-phone | 和”那只是一只过时巨型的大哥大 |
[05:14] | in-his-front-pocket goggles. | 放在他前插袋”而造成大老二的假象一样 |
[05:16] | That one was a bummer. | 只不过这条更让人扫兴 |
[05:18] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[05:19] | Tomorrow, I’m quitting GNB. | 明天 我就去辞职 |
[05:20] | No! You can’t quit tomorrow! | 不 你明天不能去 |
[05:22] | The lady with the big nipples is coming back | 明天那个有大乳头的女士会回来 |
[05:24] | to give another sexual harassment seminar, | 讲下一堂防止性骚扰的课 |
[05:26] | and I bribed one of the maintenance guys | 而且我已经贿赂了机器维修工 |
[05:28] | to keep the room at a brisk 55 degrees! | 让他们把室温调成清凉的55度[12.8摄氏度] |
[05:30] | Baby, more than ever, you have my full support. | 宝贝 这次我尤其全力支持你 |
[05:35] | You know, sometimes I feel bad for Lily and Marshall. | 有时候我会为莉莉和马修感到难过 |
[05:38] | I’m starting to feel bad for Ted and Zoey. | 我有点为泰德和苏伊感到难过 |
[05:42] | It starts with an… “L?” | 第一个字母是 L吗 |
[05:46] | How can you not remember my name? | 你怎么会不记得我的名字 |
[05:48] | It’s like they never challenge each other. | 他们从来都不反对对方 |
[05:50] | They just automatically agree all the time. | 从头到尾都自动达成一致 |
[05:52] | – Well, they don’t do that all the time. – Yes, they do. | -他们也不是一直都那样 -他们从来都是 |
[05:55] | – No, they don’t. – Yes, they do. | -他们不是 -从来都是 |
[05:56] | It’s like they… | 就好像 |
[05:57] | …don’t see eye-to-eye on anything! | 他们从来没有意见一致的时候 |
[06:00] | Totally. | 完全正确 |
[06:02] | It rhymes with your name. | 还和你的名字押韵 |
[06:06] | And I said my name was…? | 我跟你说我的名字是什么来着 |
[06:11] | Baby, I did it! | 宝贝 我做到了 |
[06:13] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[06:14] | And then I walked right over to the NRDC, | 接着我就直接去了国家保护资源委员会 |
[06:16] | and I took that job. | 拿下了那份工作 |
[06:17] | – Oh, good for you, sweetie. – Yeah. | -太好了 亲爱的 -是啊 |
[06:19] | It’s a little less money than I was expecting. | 不过钱比我想象的要少一点点 |
[06:21] | I mean, compared to what I was making at GNB, it’s nothing. | 如果和我在巨人国家银行挣得相比 那点钱不值一提 |
[06:23] | Actually compared to anything, it’s nothing. | 事实上和任何工作相比 都不值一提 |
[06:26] | It’s nothing. | 因为一分没有 |
[06:28] | The paid position just got filled, | 有薪酬的位置已经满员了 |
[06:29] | so all I can do is-is volunteer right now. | 所以我只能先做了一个志愿者 |
[06:32] | You’re cool with that, right? | 你不会有意见吧 |
[06:33] | Baby, if this is what you need to do, we’ll figure it out. | 宝贝 如果这是你想做的 其他我们都能解决 |
[06:37] | How’s Barney handling you leaving? | 巴尼对你的辞职是什么态度 |
[06:44] | Hey, Barney, there’s a bunch of models in the lobby, | 巴尼 有一堆模特在大厅里 |
[06:47] | and the gossip is one of them is really a dude. | 还有小道消息说里面有个男人哦 |
[06:49] | You want to play “Who’s Hot and Who’s Scott?” | 想不想玩”我猜我猜我猜猜”的游戏啊 |
[06:51] | It’s always the one in the turtleneck, Ted. | 向来都是穿高领那个 泰德 |
[06:54] | And no, I don’t want to play. | 再说了 我没心情玩游戏 |
[06:56] | Stupid Marshall– ruined everything. | 笨蛋马修 把一切都毁了 |
[06:59] | Oh, come on. Everything’s not ruined. | 拜托 一切安好 |
[07:02] | Guys, everything’s ruined. | 伙计们 一切都毁了 |
[07:03] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[07:04] | Your girlfriend somehow got the | 你的女朋友不知道哪里来的能耐 |
[07:06] | Landmark Preservation Committee to agree to a hearing. | 让地标建筑保护委员会同意举办一场听证会 |
[07:08] | If they declare the Arcadian a landmark, | 如果他们宣布阿卡迪亚大厦是地标建筑 |
[07:10] | the whole project is dead. | 那整个项目就完了 |
[07:13] | The good news is, I just got the phone number | 好消息是 我拿到了一位 |
[07:14] | of a husky-voiced hottie in a turtleneck. | 穿着高领衣声音沙哑的辣妹的电话 |
[07:23] | …so, if the Landmarks Preservation Committee sides with Zoey, | 如果地标建筑保护委员会站在苏伊一边 |
[07:26] | your whole project goes down the tubes? | 你的整个项目就付之东流了吗 |
[07:29] | You must be furious. | 你肯定气疯了 |
[07:30] | I’m furiously enjoying being challenged. | 我疯狂地享受着这种对着干的感觉 |
[07:34] | Why don’t you admit that | 你为什么就是不肯承认 |
[07:35] | your girlfriend challenging your every move | 你的女朋友什么事都跟你对着干 |
[07:37] | is getting you a little murder-suicidey? | 已经快把你逼得有点想杀人或者自杀了呢 |
[07:40] | Why don’t you admit that Marshall quitting his job | 你为什么不肯承认马修把工作辞了 |
[07:42] | and taking an unpaid internship is killing you? | 做了个没钱的实习生快把你逼疯了 |
[07:44] | It’s not. | 我没有 |
[07:45] | Lily, the downside to having giant, Japanese anime eyes | 莉莉 拥有一双巨大的日本动漫人物的眼睛 |
[07:48] | is that they’re easy to read. | 它的坏处就是太容易被看穿了 |
[07:50] | And yours are screaming, | 而你眼睛的现在正在尖叫 |
[07:51] | “What about my trip to Spain, deadbeat?” | “我的西班牙之旅怎么办 游手好闲的家伙” |
[07:53] | Okay, Ted, the downside to having a woman’s mouth is, | 好吧 泰德 长着一张女人嘴的坏处就是 |
[07:56] | your feminine pout gives away your true feelings. | 你的小撅嘴暴露了你的真实想法 |
[07:59] | And yours is saying, | 而你正在说 |
[08:01] | “Oh, Zoey, why can’t I be on top just this once?” | “苏伊 这次为什么不能让我占上风呢” |
[08:04] | We take turns! | 我们轮流来 |
[08:06] | Sometimes. | 有的时候 |
[08:08] | Hey, guys. Thanks. | 各位 谢谢 |
[08:10] | I just had the best first day at the NRDC. | 在国家保护资源委员会的第一天真是太棒了 |
[08:16] | I’m sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[08:18] | Something Hershel said at work today. | 我想起了荷修今天上班时候讲的笑话 |
[08:22] | Hershel? | 荷修 |
[08:24] | What, don’t you guys know Hershel? Didn’t I tell you? | 你们没听说过荷修 我没告诉你们吗 |
[08:25] | Oh, he’s the new lawyer who replaced Marshall at GNB. | 他是在巨人银行接替马修的新律师 |
[08:28] | He is so awesome and funny | 他特别棒 特别搞笑 |
[08:31] | and tall– taller than Marshall– | 还很高 比马修还高 |
[08:33] | and he knows way more laws. | 而且比马修更懂法律 |
[08:36] | Well, I’m glad you like your new co-worker. | 我很高兴你喜欢你的新同事 |
[08:37] | There’s no Hershel! | 哪来的什么荷修 |
[08:39] | I was just saying that to make you jealous! | 我就是说说想让你嫉妒的 |
[08:40] | Why do you insist we play these games? | 你干嘛坚持要玩这种游戏 |
[08:42] | Barney, I’m not playing | 巴尼 我没有玩 |
[08:43] | Just come back to GNB already! | 赶紧回巨人银行吧 |
[08:45] | I’m really loving my new job. | 我很爱我的新工作 |
[08:46] | Oh, and I’m loving seeing you this happy. | 我真高兴看见你这么开心 |
[08:49] | I’m so glad to hear you say that | 我真高兴你能这么说 |
[08:50] | because I volunteered our apartment | 我自愿提供了我们公寓来举办 |
[08:51] | for a big NRDC fund-raiser tomorrow night. | 一场国家保护资源委员会的募捐派对 |
[08:53] | You’re-You’re cool with that, right? | 你没意见吧 |
[08:55] | Baby, you have my full support. | 宝贝 我全力支持你 |
[08:57] | Thanks, baby. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[09:00] | Ooh, I gotta go. | 我该走了 |
[09:01] | The invitations are ready. | 请帖做好了 |
[09:02] | The party’s for a bunch of environmentalists, | 这是为一群环保主义者举行的派对 |
[09:04] | so I found a guy downtown | 所以我在市区找到一个人 |
[09:05] | who makes biodegradable party invitations | 他能做可降解的派对请帖 |
[09:07] | that can also be used as toilet paper. | 还能当厕所纸用哦 |
[09:10] | That’s how I’m gonna use mine. | 我就打算这么用我的请帖 |
[09:12] | Why in the world do you care so much | 你到底为什么这么在乎 |
[09:14] | whether Marshall works at GNB? | 马修在不在巨人银行工作呢 |
[09:16] | Care? I don’t care. | 在乎 我一点也不在乎 |
[09:17] | I’m like, whatever. Marshall who? | 我无所谓 你说的哪个马修 |
[09:19] | He’s stupid. Hershel’s way better. | 他笨死了 荷修比他好多了 |
[09:22] | Okay, Barney, is it possible that | 够了 巴尼 有没有可能因为 |
[09:24] | with everything that’s gone on with your dad lately, | 最近关于你爸爸的这些事 |
[09:26] | you might have some unresolved abandonment issues | 让你把没有打开被人抛下的心结 |
[09:28] | you’re transferring onto Marshall? | 全都转移到了马修身上 |
[09:31] | You are worse than my shrink. | 你比我的心理医生还差劲 |
[09:32] | “Barney, we have to talk about your father.” | “巴尼 我们必须谈谈你的父亲” |
[09:35] | “Barney, I’m not going to teach you how to hypnotize people. | “巴尼 我不会教你怎么把人催眠的 |
[09:38] | You’ll only use it for evil.” | 你只会拿来干坏事” |
[09:39] | “Barney, I am not going to conduct a couples session | “巴尼 我不会对你和这个女人 |
[09:41] | “between you and this woman. | 进行一场夫妻咨询的” |
[09:42] | She’s obviously a prostitute.” | “她明显是个妓女” |
[09:44] | I don’t need this! | 我不想听这个 |
[09:46] | Ah, Lily Aldrin, | 莉莉·艾得仁来了 |
[09:48] | half of the world’s most perfect couple! | 半个世界才有的一对完美夫妻 |
[09:50] | I was thinking about that woman’s mouth comment, | 我思考了那条关于女人嘴的评价 |
[09:52] | and I have three good comebacks. | 我有三条有力反驳 |
[09:54] | One: your mom didn’t seem to mind it last night on her… | 一 昨晚我特地咨询你妈 她好像不介意 |
[09:56] | Okay, look, Ted, I need a favor. | 行了 泰德 我要你帮我个忙 |
[09:58] | Would you mind driving out to Kennedy with me | 你能跟我一起去肯尼迪机场 |
[09:59] | to pick up this famous ecologist for Marshall’s fund-raiser? | 帮马修的募捐会接一个有名的环保人士吗 |
[10:03] | Apparently, he only speaks Spanish. | 显然他只说西班牙语 |
[10:05] | And you speak Spanish, right? | 而你会说西班牙语的 对吧 |
[10:11] | Perfect. Let’s go. | 很好 我们出发吧 |
[10:15] | Hey, Marshall, it’s me. | 马修 是我 |
[10:16] | Listen, I know I’ve been kind of a jerk | 我知道对于你离开巨人国家银行的事 |
[10:18] | about your leaving GNB. | 我的反应很混蛋 |
[10:20] | I just wanted to call and say I’m sorry. | 我就是想打个电话给你 跟你道个歉 |
[10:22] | No apologies necessary. We’re good. | 没必要道歉 咱俩可是哥儿们 |
[10:24] | Good. Um, hey, any chance you might | 那就好 你能不能 |
[10:27] | maybe–I don’t know– if you’re not busy, | 或许 如果你不忙的话 |
[10:29] | uh, want to have lunch today? | 要不要一起吃个午餐 |
[10:31] | Oh, buddy, I’d love to, but I can’t. | 哥们 我很想去 但是实在去不了 |
[10:33] | Oh, that’s cool. | 没关系 |
[10:35] | No biggie. | 没什么大不了的 |
[10:36] | Another time. | 下次吧 |
[10:56] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[11:00] | How long have you been there? | 你站在那多久了 |
[11:02] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[11:05] | I was in the neighborhood. | 我刚刚在附近转悠 |
[11:07] | I just wanted to check in on you. | 顺便来看看你 |
[11:08] | You seemed, um, you seemed really upset the other day. | 那天你看起来 相当郁闷 |
[11:11] | Oh, no, I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[11:12] | – Okay. Well, um, you want to go grab some lunch? – Sure. | -那就好 你想一起吃个午餐吗 -当然 |
[11:16] | Hey, are you okay if I invite Marshall to join us? | 当然 我请马修一起来可以吗 |
[11:19] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[11:22] | Right. | 对了 |
[11:25] | So, um… | 那么 |
[11:27] | Chinese? | 去吃中餐吗 |
[11:32] | You know, just because Zoey and I | 仅仅只是因为我和苏伊 |
[11:34] | are a different kind of couple than you and Marshall | 跟你和马修是不同类型的情侣 |
[11:35] | doesn’t make us a worse couple. | 这并不代表我们就是一对糟糕的情侣 |
[11:38] | You’re right. | 说的对 |
[11:40] | I-If you and Zoey are happy, | 要是你和苏伊觉得幸福的话 |
[11:43] | then who am I to judge? | 我又有什么好说呢 |
[11:44] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:48] | Oh, my God, is that how support feels? | 天啊 这就是传说中的支持的感觉吗 |
[11:51] | It’s so warm and wonderful. | 感觉好温暖好美妙 |
[11:54] | Oh, Lily, I’ve been so unhappy. | 莉莉 我之前一直觉得很不开心 |
[11:56] | But I thought you liked being challenged. | 可我还以为你喜欢跟人对着干呢 |
[11:59] | Nobody likes being challenged! | 没人喜欢无时无刻被人反对的感觉 |
[12:01] | Couldn’t she agree with me just once, | 她怎么就不能赞同我一次呢 |
[12:02] | even on something little, | 哪怕是件微不足道的小事 |
[12:03] | like… like what movie to see | 比如 比如看什么电影 |
[12:05] | or-or what topping to get on our pizza | 或者披萨上放什么配品 |
[12:07] | or… oh, I don’t know, my lifelong dream | 或者 我的人生梦想 |
[12:09] | of building a skyscraper in New York City?! | 在纽约建造一栋摩天大楼 |
[12:12] | Well, in her defense, | 我要替她说句公道话 |
[12:13] | hamburger pizza, Ted? | 你居然点汉堡披萨 泰德 |
[12:14] | What are you, 12? | 你还真当自己是12岁小孩呀 |
[12:16] | You were right, Lily. | 你说的对 莉莉 |
[12:18] | I mean, Zoey’s great, but… | 苏伊是不错 但是 |
[12:20] | sometimes I do wish we were a little more like you and Marshall. | 有时候我的确希望我们能像你们一样 哪怕一丁点儿 |
[12:27] | There he is. Here we go. | 他就在那 我们过去吧 |
[12:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:40] | I don’t speak… | 我不会说 |
[12:42] | whatever it is you’re speaking. | 你现在正在说的这种语言 |
[12:45] | Um, he speaks perfect English. | 他英语说的很流利 |
[12:47] | Yeah, I-I know. | 没错 我知道 |
[12:49] | Then why did you ask me to come? | 那你为什么叫我跟你一起来呢 |
[12:51] | So you can drive him to the fund-raiser. | 那你就可以送他去募捐会了 |
[12:54] | Supporting Marshall this much is driving me crazy. | 这样全力支持马修快把我逼疯了 |
[12:57] | I’m going to Spain– | 我要去西班牙 |
[12:58] | my flight leaves in 45 minutes. | 我的航班45分钟以后就起飞 |
[12:59] | Adios, muchacho. | 再见 年轻人[西语] |
[13:08] | Wait, what do you mean you’re going to Spain? | 等等 你说你要去西班牙是什么意思 |
[13:10] | You were right. If I hear myself say | 你说的没错 要是我听见自己在说一次 |
[13:12] | “Baby, you have my full support” one more time, | “宝贝 我全力支持你” |
[13:15] | I swear I’m gonna murder someone! | 我发誓我肯定会杀人的 |
[13:18] | What are you gonna tell Marshall, huh? | 那你要怎么跟马修说 |
[13:20] | – And when are you coming back? – I honestly | -你什么时候回来 -坦白说 |
[13:23] | haven’t thought it all the way through, and I don’t intend to. | 我没想这么多 也不打算想 |
[13:26] | All I know is that I’m a ticking time bomb, | 我就知道我现在是个定时炸弹 |
[13:29] | and if I don’t do something for me right away, | 要是我现在不为自己做点什么 |
[13:31] | I swear I’m gonna explode! | 我发誓我肯定会爆炸 |
[13:34] | Wow, tha… that’s an evocative metaphor to use | 这对你毫无威胁力可言的爱国情感 |
[13:36] | for your nonthreatening, totally patriotic emotions. | 真是个激情迸发的比喻呀 |
[13:39] | U.S.A.! | 美国万岁 |
[13:40] | Okay, Lily, I get it. | 好了 莉莉 我懂了 |
[13:42] | Marshall’s been asking a lot lately. | 马修最近是有点得寸进尺了 |
[13:43] | But the thing to do is-is tell him you’ve had enough. | 但你要做的 应该是告诉他你受够了 |
[13:47] | I’ve never been good at that. | 这方面我向来不擅长 |
[13:48] | And now, ever since his dad died, | 而现在 自从他爸爸去世以后 |
[13:50] | I-I feel like it’s my job to just be fine with everything. | 我觉得我的工作 就是赞同一切 |
[13:54] | But I’m not. | 其实我不是 |
[13:55] | I’m not fine that | 我不赞同 |
[13:56] | he volunteers our apartment for a giant fund-raiser | 他自愿提供我们的公寓来做大型募捐会 |
[13:58] | and that he’s not thinking about | 也不赞同他毫不考虑 |
[14:00] | how we’re gonna pay any of our bills | 将来我们如何支付各种账单 |
[14:01] | and that, apparently, | 还有 很显然 |
[14:03] | we’ve given up on trying to have kids. | 我们已经放弃造人计划了 |
[14:07] | Lil… | 莉莉 |
[14:09] | Look, I’m sorry, Ted, | 我很抱歉 泰德 |
[14:10] | I just, I gotta do this. | 我只是 我必须这么做 |
[14:13] | My bag? | 我的包要怎么办 |
[14:15] | Oh, no. I got it. | 不用麻烦了 我自己能拿 |
[14:19] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么好谈的 |
[14:21] | You trashed your office today. | 今天你差点没拆了你的办公室 |
[14:23] | I mean, you obviously have | 很明显 你的内心深处 |
[14:24] | some deep feelings you’re not confronting. | 有你不敢正视的深刻感情 |
[14:26] | And I think they’re about your dad. | 而我认为这和你父亲的事有关 |
[14:28] | – I don’t want to talk about it, okay? -Why not? | -我不想讨论这个 -为什么 |
[14:30] | Because I don’t. And why am I explaining this to you? | 因为我不想 而且我干嘛跟你解释这个 |
[14:33] | You’re the most secretive person I know. | 你是我见过的最神秘的人 |
[14:34] | You never tell anybody anything. | 你从来不告诉别人你的事 |
[14:38] | I’ve never… told anyone this before. | 我以前没告诉过别人这件事 |
[14:44] | I was 16. | 我16岁的时候 |
[14:46] | I was awakened around midnight by the sound of my father | 有天夜里 我被我爸爸和他生意伙伴 |
[14:51] | arguing with his business partner, Andy Grenier. | 安迪·格林里尔的争吵声吵醒了[冰球运动员] |
[14:55] | As things grew heated… | 当争吵越来越激烈 |
[14:57] | I watched my father’s hand slowly coil | 我看见我爸爸的手慢慢地绕在 |
[15:01] | around the heavy antique clock on his desk. | 他书桌上笨重的古董钟上 |
[15:07] | The sun was just starting to rise | 旭日东升 |
[15:10] | over the bramble orchard as we packed the fresh earth down | 阳光照耀在布满荆棘的果园里 |
[15:13] | with the flats of our shovels. | 我们用铲子把新鲜的泥土压实 |
[15:15] | My dad and I got our stories straight | 我爸爸和我把故事编好 |
[15:18] | We walked back to the house in silence and… | 就沉默的走了回家 |
[15:22] | haven’t talked about it since. | 从那之后 我们再也没提起过那件事 |
[15:26] | But sometimes… | 但有时候 |
[15:29] | on a still night… | 在一个死寂的夜晚 |
[15:31] | you can still hear that clock, | 我还是可以听到那个钟的声音 |
[15:34] | ticking… | 嘀嗒嘀嗒 |
[15:35] | ticking… | 嘀嗒嘀嗒 |
[15:37] | ticking. | 嘀嗒嘀嗒 |
[15:40] | That’s… | 这是 |
[15:42] | the most harrowing story I’ve ever heard. | 我听过最让人伤心的故事 |
[15:46] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[15:47] | No. | 不是 |
[15:50] | But it did get you to drink three scotches, | 不过这故事让你连喝了三杯苏格兰威士忌 |
[15:52] | which is why you’re ready to spill your guts. | 现在你已经准备好要跟我说心里话了 |
[15:55] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[15:56] | The reason I’m upset about Marshall leaving GNB | 我之所以对马修要离开巨人银行这件事这么郁闷 |
[16:00] | is… is… | 是因为 因为 |
[16:04] | Hey. | 别怕 |
[16:09] | …the meatball sub. | 肉丸三明治 |
[16:12] | It all started months ago | 故事发生在几个月前 |
[16:13] | in the GNB commissary. | 地点就在巨人银行的食堂 |
[16:15] | It was Meatball Sub Day. | 那天肉丸三明治之日 |
[16:17] | Oh, how I used to love Meatball Sub Day. | 曾经的我是多么热爱那个日子 |
[16:21] | And then, the most humiliating moment of my life. | 可就在那时 我人生中最丢脸的时刻降临了 |
[16:25] | Hey, buddy, I think you got a tiny little bit | 伙计 你领带那好像 |
[16:27] | of marinara sauce on your tie there. | 沾上了一丁点儿的番茄酱 |
[16:35] | I plotted my revenge for weeks. | 连续几周 我都在密谋我的复仇大计 |
[16:38] | But nothing seemed right. | 但好像怎么做都不对 |
[16:39] | Then it hit me. | 突然我恍然大悟 |
[16:41] | The answer was so elegant and simple– | 答案既简洁又简单 |
[16:48] | an exploding meatball sub. | 只需一个会爆炸的肉丸三明治 |
[16:53] | For months, I experimented. | 我实验了数月 |
[17:08] | More… marinara sauce. | 还要多点 番茄酱 |
[17:12] | Finally, the sub was perfected. | 终于 一个完美的复仇三明治出炉 |
[17:15] | The plan was in place. | 复仇大计 准备就绪 |
[17:17] | The snare was baited. | 诱饵陷阱 蓄势待发 |
[17:19] | And then… | 就在这时 |
[17:21] | he quit, Robin, he quit! | 他辞职了 罗宾 他居然辞职了 |
[17:24] | It’s Meatball Sub Day today, which is why | 今天就是肉丸三明治之日 |
[17:26] | I wanted Marshall to come over and have lunch. | 所以我想马修过来吃午饭 |
[17:28] | But no. | 但他不来 |
[17:29] | All that work wasted. | 所有努力 功亏一篑 |
[17:33] | You want to make God laugh, tell him your plans, right? | 如果你想让上帝发笑 就告诉他你的计划 对吧 |
[17:39] | What is wrong with you? | 你脑子没进水吧 |
[17:43] | Hey, Professor Rodriguez, | 你好 罗德里格兹教授 |
[17:45] | thank you so much for coming. | 感谢您的大驾光临 |
[17:46] | Oh, my pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[17:47] | I have to use the restroom. | 我得去上个厕所 |
[17:49] | Do you have some extra invitations? | 你还有多余的邀请函吗 |
[17:51] | Right over there. | 就在那边 |
[17:52] | Enjoy. | 好好享用 |
[17:54] | Hey, thanks for picking him up. | 谢谢你帮我接他过来 |
[17:55] | Yeah, absolutely. Um, listen, | 不用客气 听着 |
[17:57] | something happened at the airport. Um… | 我们在机场出了点事 |
[18:00] | – What? – Well, | -什么事 -这个嘛 |
[18:01] | we got there, and, uh, Lily… | 我们到了那儿 莉莉 |
[18:03] | Lily… | 莉莉她 |
[18:05] | Marshall, hey. | 马修 |
[18:06] | Sorry, I, uh, I had to park | 抱歉 我得去停车 |
[18:08] | and-and grab some ice. | 然后买了点冰块回来 |
[18:10] | Sorry. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[18:11] | Oh, thanks, babe. | 谢谢宝贝 |
[18:12] | You would not believe how much this one has done | 泰德 你不会相信她为了这个派对 |
[18:14] | to help throw this party, Ted. | 忙前忙后做了多少事 |
[18:16] | I don’t know how she does it. | 我不知道她是怎么做到的 |
[18:18] | Can’t be easy, huh, Lil? | 不容易吧 莉莉 |
[18:22] | Yeah. Listen, Marshall, | 是呀 听着 马修 |
[18:24] | I-I need to talk to you about something. | 我有话要对你说 |
[18:26] | No, you know what? Me, too. | 慢着 我也有话说 |
[18:27] | Um… I want to thank you | 我要感谢你 |
[18:29] | for being so supportive of me in all this. | 在这件事上全力地支持我 |
[18:32] | I’ve been at the NRDC for less than a week, | 我在国家保护资源委员会才干不到一周 |
[18:33] | and I’ve already done more to be proud of | 可我觉得比我在巨人银行干两年 |
[18:35] | than in two years at GNB. | 还要来得令人自豪 |
[18:37] | I can’t believe how good it feels. | 这种感觉真是好得让人无法置信 |
[18:41] | But now, it’s time for me to find a way | 但现在 是时候去找一份 |
[18:43] | to help the Earth and get paid for it, | 既能拯救地球又能领到薪水的工作 |
[18:46] | because I can’t put that burden entirely on you. | 因为我不能把生活的重担扔给你来抗 |
[18:49] | So, starting tomorrow, | 所以 明天开始 |
[18:50] | I’ll look for something with a paycheck. | 我会找一份有薪水的工作 |
[18:52] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[18:54] | Baby, you have my full support. | 宝贝 我全力支持你 |
[18:57] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[19:02] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[19:03] | This is really important to Marshall, | 这场派对对马修很重要 |
[19:05] | So I came to show my support. | 所以我来支持他 |
[19:06] | This you can be supportive of?! | 你能支持这个 |
[19:09] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[19:10] | I have the chance to build a skyscraper | 我本有机会在地球上最棒的城市 |
[19:12] | in the best city on Earth, | 建造一栋摩天大楼 |
[19:14] | and who’s the one leading the charge to kill that dream? | 是谁带头冲出来扼杀了我的梦想 |
[19:16] | My girlfriend! | 我的女朋友 |
[19:17] | What about my lifelong dream of not seeing | 那我的毕生梦想呢 我不想看到 |
[19:19] | every beautiful building in Manhattan bulldozed? | 曼哈顿里每一栋美丽的建筑被无情地铲平 |
[19:21] | And in that moment, I realized, | 就在那一刻 我意识到 |
[19:23] | though I really cared about Zoey, | 即使我真的很在乎苏伊 |
[19:25] | I couldn’t do this for the next 50 years. | 但在未来的50年里要这样度过 我做不到 |
[19:27] | I had to break up with her. | 我得跟她分手 |
[19:29] | But then… | 然而 |
[19:30] | * I will remember you * | *我会记住你* |
[19:36] | * Will you remember me… * | *你会记住我吗* |
[19:39] | Kids, some couples always support each other, | 孩子们 有些情侣总是相互支持 |
[19:41] | and some couples always challenge each other, | 有些情侣总是喜欢对着干 |
[19:43] | but is one really better than the other? | 但这两者 真的能一分高下吗 |
[19:47] | Yes. Support is better. | 能 相互支持完胜 |
[19:49] | Way better. | 满分胜出 |
[19:51] | But I’d have to learn that the hard way. | 可是爹的这条经验总结来之不易呀 |
[19:56] | You’re too young. This isn’t fair. | 你还这么年轻 这太不公平了 |
[19:58] | We’re not going anywhere, buddy. | 我们哪儿也不去 伙计 |
[20:00] | We’re gonna stay here right till the end. | 我们会在这陪着你 走完最后一段路 |
[20:01] | Thank you, Marshall. | 谢谢你 马修 |
[20:05] | Marshall… | 马修 |
[20:07] | can I ask one final favor, my friend? | 我的朋友 我能请你帮我最后一个忙吗 |
[20:10] | Yes, of course, of course– anything. | 当然 当然 什么都行 |
[20:14] | Eat this meatball sub. | 把这个肉丸三明治吃了 |
[20:18] | Wh-Where’d you get a meatball… | 你哪里来的三明治 |
[20:19] | I don’t have much time! | 我没多少时间了 |
[20:20] | Okay, yes, yes, of course. | 好的 我吃我吃 |
[20:22] | Of course. | 我当然吃 |
[20:26] | Does this have some sort of special meaning? | 这个三明治有什么特殊意义吗 |
[20:36] | I’m not sick, you idiots! | 老子可没生病 你们这群白痴 |
[20:38] | I’ve racked up $30,000 of uninsured medical bills | 我攒了3万美元没上医保的药费单 |
[20:41] | for symptoms I don’t even have. | 写了一堆我没得的病症 |
[20:43] | Totally worth it! | 这钱花得太他妈值了 |
[20:44] | You should see the look on your face. | 你真应该看看你现在的表情 |
[20:46] | Oh, wait, you can’t– | 等等 你看不到 |
[20:47] | ’cause it’s covered in marinara sauce! | 因为你的脸上全是番茄酱 |
[20:53] | Uh, Barney, you got a little marinara on your pajamas. | 巴尼 你的睡衣上也沾了点番茄酱 |