时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Kids, this is a story of landmarks. | 孩子们 这是一个关于里程碑的故事 |
[00:04] | There are certain moments in life when you have to decide | 人生中总会有一些时刻 让你不得不决定 |
[00:07] | which things you can stand to see torn down, | 哪些事物你可以强忍它被拆毁的痛楚 |
[00:09] | and which things you have to preserve, | 而哪些事物 你坚持要保留 |
[00:10] | no matter what. | 赴汤蹈火在所不惜 |
[00:12] | Such a moment came for all of us in May of 2011, | 2011年5月 在纽约城市地标保护委员会 |
[00:14] | at a special meeting of | 一次特殊会议上 |
[00:16] | the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, | 我们所有人都面临着这样一刻 |
[00:18] | where the fate of The Arcadian | 因为阿卡迪亚的命运 |
[00:20] | would be decided once and for all. | 将就此宣判 |
[00:22] | A symbol of strength and constancy, | 阿卡迪亚的石狮 |
[00:25] | the stone lion of The Arcadian | 是力量与忠诚的象征 |
[00:27] | has watched over New Yorkers for generations. | 它已经见证了几代纽约人的成长 |
[00:30] | So remember: | 所以请记住 |
[00:30] | if the lion head stonework is regal, | 如果石狮头象征着帝王风范 |
[00:34] | then tearing it down should be illegal. | 那么拆毁它 实属目无王法 |
[00:40] | Did you like that? All right, uh… | 你们喜欢这么说 那好 |
[00:42] | We must make sure the lion is always there. | 我们必须确保 石狮永存 |
[00:46] | Destroy The Arcadian? | 想毁了阿卡迪亚 |
[00:48] | Oh, no, don’t you dare. | 不 量你没胆 |
[00:53] | Yeah? Yeah? Okay. | 怎么样 怎么样 好 |
[00:55] | Try this one on for size… | 再听这句试试 |
[00:57] | If you want New York’s history at your beck and call… | 如果想让纽约的历史发展如你所愿 |
[01:00] | All right, thank you, Mr. Eriksen. | 好了 谢谢你 艾瑞克森先生 |
[01:02] | I just have… | 我快说完了 |
[01:07] | We will now hear from the architect | 我们现在要听取国家巨人银行大楼 |
[01:08] | of the proposed GNB Tower, | 工程提案的建筑师 |
[01:11] | Ted Mosby. | 泰德·莫斯比的陈述 |
[01:15] | Now, uh, | 现在 |
[01:16] | Mr. Mosby, let’s just cut right to the chase. | 莫斯比先生 我们直奔主题吧 |
[01:19] | Do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark? | 你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[01:31] | Okay, it’s killing me. | 好吧 我受不了了 |
[01:32] | What rhymes with “beck and call?” | 和”如你所愿”押韵的下句是什么 |
[01:36] | Wrecking ball. | 毁灭大球 |
[01:37] | Don’t go swinging no wrecking ball. | 别去挥舞毁灭大球 |
[01:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:57] | Mr. Mosby, | 莫斯比先生 |
[01:59] | do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark? | 你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[02:02] | It’s not a difficult question. | 这问题不难 |
[02:03] | It was a difficult question. | 这问题其实很难 |
[02:05] | Of course, had he asked me a few days earlier, | 当然 如果他早几天问我 |
[02:08] | I would have immediately said… | 我会毫不犹豫地回答 |
[02:10] | “Yes. The Arcadian should be a landmark.” | “当然 阿卡迪亚应该成为地标建筑” |
[02:12] | And then the crowd gasps: “Oh, my God! | 然后群众一片沸腾 “天啊” |
[02:15] | “Did he really just say that? | “他真这么说了吗” |
[02:16] | “Oh, heavens!” | “我的老天爷” |
[02:17] | “Oh, my stars!” | “我的上帝” |
[02:19] | “I must clutch my pearls!” | “我要护好我的珍珠项链”[形容格外激动] |
[02:21] | So these things are generally attended by old Southern ladies? | 这么说 与会的都是些南方老妇人吗 |
[02:24] | Almost exclusively. But here’s my point: | 差不多吧 但我的观点是 |
[02:26] | If they ask GNB’s chief architect– aka me– | 如果他们问巨人银行的总建筑师 也就是本人 |
[02:30] | if The Arcadian should be a landmark, | 阿卡迪亚该不该成为地标建筑 |
[02:31] | and I say “yes”? | 而我说”应该”的话 |
[02:36] | That, no, that wasn’t The Arcadian being destroyed; | 错了 这不是形容阿卡迪亚被摧毁的样子 |
[02:38] | that was GNB’s hopes of destroying The Arcadian. | 是巨人银行摧毁阿卡迪亚希望破灭的样子 |
[02:40] | – I’m sorry, I should have been more clear. – Yeah. | -抱歉 我应该表达得更清楚点 -没事 |
[02:42] | The Arcadian’s gonna be all like… | 阿卡迪亚一定会是这样 |
[02:45] | Nice. | 没错 |
[02:47] | I have a message from Barney. | 我来给巴尼传口信 |
[02:48] | Things between Barney and the rest of us | 近来巴尼与我们其他人的关系 |
[02:51] | had gotten a little frosty. | 有点僵持不下 |
[02:53] | First this happened. | 一开始 祸起萧墙 |
[02:54] | Meet the new lawyer I hired to help save The Arcadian. | 见见我为阿卡迪亚新聘请的律师吧 |
[02:59] | And then this happened. | 紧接着 祸不单行 |
[03:00] | What kind of dirtbag | 什么样的人渣才会 |
[03:02] | doesn’t stand by his best friends, but instead, | 背弃自己最好的朋友 却反过来 |
[03:05] | sides with some self-righteous bitch | 支持一个为了一件毫无意义的事情 |
[03:08] | with a pointless cause and a megaphone?! | 整天拿着扩音器瞎吼 自以为是的贱货 |
[03:10] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[03:11] | That’s my girlfriend. | 你说的可是我的女朋友 |
[03:13] | And ya know what? | 而你知道吗 |
[03:14] | I’m on her side now, too. | 我现在也支持她 |
[03:17] | Which led to this happening. | 于是祸及池鱼 |
[03:19] | Message from Barney? That’s my cue to leave. | 巴尼的口信 这是要让我回避吧 |
[03:21] | Good night, guys. | 晚安 各位 |
[03:22] | – I love you. Mmm. – Love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[03:25] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[03:26] | All right, what’s the message? | 好了 什么口信 |
[03:27] | ‘Cause if it’s another hypothetical | 因为如果又是一幅关于我胸部 |
[03:28] | yet eerily accurate drawing of my boobs… | 虚构却出奇地精确的绘图 |
[03:31] | Yeah, I have that, too. | 对了 那个我也带来了 |
[03:35] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[03:37] | All right, here’s the message. | 好了 口信是这样的 |
[03:40] | “Oh, hey, guys. Didn’t see you there. | 各位好啊 没看到你们在这儿 |
[03:42] | “I was too busy feelin’ fine and…” | 我忙于沉浸在自己良好的感觉中 |
[03:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:50] | “Feelin’ fine and gettin’ some ‘jine.” | 沉浸于良好的感觉中 而且风流快活 |
[03:54] | “You may have noticed the giant plate | 你们可能注意到我面前 |
[03:57] | “of hot wings in front of me. | 这一大盘鸡翅了 |
[03:59] | “I know how much you love hot wings. | 我知道你们有多爱吃鸡翅 |
[04:00] | “Too bad someone bribed the kitchen | 不过有人刚贿赂了厨房 |
[04:02] | “to take them off the menu tonight. | 让他们今晚把这道菜取消 |
[04:04] | “So, if you want some, | 所以 想吃鸡翅 |
[04:05] | “you’re going to have to come back to GNB. | 就得重回巨人银行的怀抱 |
[04:09] | “But hurry, this offer | 但是要抓紧 这提议 |
[04:10] | “will be gone lickety-split.” | 转瞬即逝 |
[04:17] | “Do evil laugh.” | 邪恶地大笑 |
[04:25] | So, what are you turds up to? | 你们这群混蛋最近忙啥呢 |
[04:26] | Oh, we’ve got the big LPC meeting in two days. | 我们两天后要去参加地标保护委员会的会议 |
[04:29] | I have my whole presentation worked out. | 我的演讲已经准备好了 |
[04:31] | I just need to find a good rhyme to end on. | 我只需想一个好的押韵结尾 |
[04:33] | Why does it need to rhyme? | 为什么非要押韵 |
[04:34] | Mm. If you end an argument with a rhyme, | 如果论辩以押韵结尾 |
[04:37] | – it’s convincing all the time. – Yeah. | -说服力持久有效 -没错 |
[04:40] | It’s why in our apartment: | 所以我们家的口号是 |
[04:41] | If you’re a-hopin’ to score, | 想要自己加分多多 |
[04:43] | don’t leave your socks on the floor. | 袜子不能随便丢丢 |
[04:45] | – And she hasn’t since. – No. | -她从此没乱丢过 -对 |
[04:47] | Okay, okay. A couple of things. | 好吧 好吧 说几件事 |
[04:49] | – Lily, how’d I do? – Nailed it. | -莉莉 我画得怎么样 -绝了 |
[04:52] | Secondly, Ted, | 其次 泰德 |
[04:53] | I’m sorry I said mean things about Zoey. | 我很抱歉我对苏伊说了过分的话 |
[04:55] | Are you really going to walk away from this project | 你真的打算将这个工程弃之不顾 |
[04:58] | just because you’re mad at me? | 就因为生我的气吗 |
[04:59] | It’s not because I’m mad at you. | 这不是因为我生你的气 |
[05:01] | Barney, The Arcadian was designed | 巴尼 阿卡迪亚是一个叫做 |
[05:03] | by a guy named John Clifford Larrabee. | 约翰·克里福德·拉拉比的人设计的 |
[05:05] | And even though he’s been dead for half a century, | 即使他已经去世半个世纪了 |
[05:07] | it’s my duty, architect to architect, | 但我有责任 对设计先辈的责任感 |
[05:09] | to keep his work alive. | 让他的作品长存于世 |
[05:10] | Please tell me a little part of you understands. | 告诉我你多少能理解一点吧 |
[05:13] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[05:15] | – Zoey has magic lady bits. – What? | -苏伊有魔力私处 -什么 |
[05:19] | Zoey’s lady bits… | 苏伊的私处 |
[05:21] | are magic, and that’s how she controls your mind. | 有魔力 因此她能控制你的意识 |
[05:24] | You see, every few hundred millennia, | 毎过几十万年 |
[05:26] | lady bits leap forward… | 女人的私处就有质的飞跃… |
[05:28] | I know you’re only just getting started, | 我知道你才刚开头 |
[05:30] | but this is already gross. | 可已经很恶心了 |
[05:31] | I once knew such a girl. | 我曾遇到一个女孩 |
[05:34] | It was last call. | 正是在这间酒吧 |
[05:37] | In this very bar. | 当时快打烊了 |
[05:42] | What…?! | 我擦咧 |
[05:44] | No… | 坑爹啊 |
[05:47] | What?! | 我擦咧 |
[05:50] | No… | 你妹啊 |
[05:52] | What?! | 我擦咧闹不住妞 |
[05:57] | Thank you for, um, not using a first name in that story. | 谢谢你没提那个女孩的名字 |
[06:03] | Barney, this is about the building. | 巴尼 这事关乎大楼存亡 |
[06:06] | Come on. This is so about the girl. | 别装了 明显是你被女色所迷 |
[06:08] | Okay, fine. It’s about the girl! | 好吧 我承认 是因为女人 |
[06:10] | I am doing this for Zoey! | 我之所以这么做是因为苏伊 |
[06:13] | I’m in love with her. | 我爱上她了 |
[06:14] | Look, I know it’s early, but there’s a very good chance | 我知道现在还为时过早 但很有可能 |
[06:17] | Zoey might be the mother of my children. | 苏伊会是孕育我孩子的母亲 |
[06:19] | So, in addition to doing this for John Clifford Larrabee, | 所以除了为捍卫约翰·克里福德·拉拉比的杰作 |
[06:22] | I’m also doing this for Luke and Leia. | 我这么做还为了卢克和莱亚 |
[06:24] | Wait. She’s gonna let you name your kids Luke and Leia? | 等等 孩子取名卢克和莱亚 她会同意吗 |
[06:27] | Not if I knock down her favorite building, she isn’t. | 如果我不推倒她最爱的大楼 就有可能 |
[06:29] | Barney, I’m sorry. | 巴尼 很抱歉 |
[06:30] | Oh, you’re not sorry now, Ted Mosby. | 你现在才不感到抱歉呢 泰德·莫斯比 |
[06:33] | But you will be. | 可你以后会的 |
[06:35] | You… will… be. | 你会 后悔 不已 |
[06:45] | That’s how you do an evil laugh. | 那才是邪恶之笑的正版 |
[06:46] | Ciao for now. | 暂别啦 |
[06:49] | Now, kids, you remember Arthur Hobbs, | 孩子们 你们还记得亚瑟·赫伯斯吗 |
[06:51] | Barney and Marshall’s old boss at GNB? | 他是巴尼和马修在巨人银行的老上司 |
[06:54] | Well, Arthur was going through a divorce | 亚瑟那时正在办离婚 |
[06:55] | – and taking it kind of hard. – Hi, Arthur. | -正值伤心时期 -你好 亚瑟 |
[06:57] | Everything okay? | 一切顺利吧 |
[07:00] | No, everything’s not okay. | 不 事事不顺 |
[07:01] | My stupid wife got custody of Tugboat. | 我那蠢妻子获得了小拖船的抚养权 |
[07:05] | God, I should have kept her hidden | 老天爷 我真该把她藏在 |
[07:06] | in a cage in the basement. | 地下室的笼子里 |
[07:08] | Isn’t that animal cruelty? | 那是不是虐畜罪吗 |
[07:10] | I’m talking about my wife. | 我说的是藏我的妻子 |
[07:12] | Oh. That’s fine, then. | 那没问题 |
[07:16] | So listen, you know Ted, the architect? | 是这样的 你认识那个叫泰德的设计师吧 |
[07:19] | Yeah,I know your friend Ted. | 对 我认识你的朋友泰德 |
[07:20] | So, if Ted stood up at that big meeting tomorrow | 那如果泰德在明天的重要会议上发言 |
[07:23] | and said that he thought The Arcadian should be a landmark… | 说他认为阿卡迪亚酒店应该成为地标建筑 |
[07:27] | you wouldn’t just fire him, would you? | 你不会就炒他鱿鱼 对吧 |
[07:30] | Right? | 对吗 |
[07:32] | You wouldn’t just… | 你不会就 |
[07:33] | You wouldn’t just… yeah… | 你不会的 对吧 |
[07:35] | No, Barney. I wouldn’t just fire him. | 不 巴尼 我不会光炒他鱿鱼 |
[07:37] | I’d also fire you. | 我还要炒了你 |
[07:41] | Come again for Big Fudge? | 我去买块大软糖 咱们再谈过 |
[07:47] | Can you believe that?! | 你能相信吗 |
[07:48] | I can’t be unemployed, Robin! | 我不能被解雇 罗宾 |
[07:50] | My job is my identity; It’s who I am. | 我的工作是我身份的象征 是我存在的意义 |
[07:53] | It gives me the confidence I need | 它让我有信心去说服女孩子们 |
[07:55] | to convince girls I’m a fighter pilot. | 我是个战斗机飞行员 |
[07:57] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[07:59] | Why would he fire you? | 他为什么要连你一起炒 |
[08:01] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:02] | Why would you fire me? | 你为什么要连我一起炒 |
[08:03] | Have you already forgotten how Mosby got that job? | 你还记得莫斯比是如何得到那份工作的吗 |
[08:06] | By being the best architect available? | 因为他是我们能找到的最好的设计师 |
[08:09] | No. | 错 |
[08:10] | By… being Latino? | 因为他是拉丁裔 |
[08:13] | No. Let me refresh your memory. | 错 我来帮你场景重现 |
[08:16] | We were in this very room. | 你当时就在这间房间 |
[08:18] | Guys, I’m telling you, | 伙计们 告诉你们 |
[08:20] | if Ted Mosby isn’t fantastic, fire me. | 如果泰德·莫斯比不令人称好 就解雇我吧 |
[08:25] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[08:26] | I was kidding? | 我开玩笑的吧 |
[08:28] | I’m not kidding! | 我没开玩笑 |
[08:29] | Oh, by the way, Arthur, | 对了 亚瑟 |
[08:31] | uh, how are things with you and your wife? | 你和你妻子关系怎么样 |
[08:32] | Really good. | 非常好 |
[08:33] | In fact, I just put all my assets in her name. | 实际上 我把我名下所有资产都转到了她名下 |
[08:36] | Smartest thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我迄今为止最明智的举措 |
[08:37] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[08:39] | No,you’d better make sure Mosby doesn’t screw up tomorrow. | 不行 你得保证莫斯比明天别出岔子 |
[08:42] | Because either that building is going down, | 因为要么那栋大楼玩完 |
[08:44] | or you’re going down. | 要么你玩完 |
[08:47] | They’re going to fire him? That sucks. | 他们要解雇他吗 太过分了 |
[08:49] | He loves that job. | 他爱那份工作 |
[08:51] | And he’s been doing it for years. | 他都干了好多年了 |
[08:52] | Okay, what does Barney do at GNB? | 好吧 巴尼在巨人银行具体做什么工作 |
[08:55] | – No idea. – He has a lot of keys. | -不清楚 -他有好多房间的钥匙 |
[08:57] | Okay, Ted, can you just please think about this before you… | 好吧 泰德 你能不能先考虑下 |
[08:59] | There’s nothing to think about. | 没什么好考虑的 |
[09:00] | I-I can’t lose Zoey. | 我不能失去苏伊 |
[09:02] | That’s the only thing that matters to me right now. | 我现在只在乎这点 |
[09:03] | Okay, Ted… | 好 泰德 |
[09:05] | you know I love Zoey. | 你知道我很喜欢苏伊 |
[09:06] | But, look, sometimes… | 可有时候 |
[09:09] | I go play chess in the park. | 当我去公园下棋时 |
[09:10] | And the key to chess… | 下棋的要领… |
[09:12] | Okay, I play online. | 好吧 我在网上下的 |
[09:15] | But the key to chess… | 下棋的要领是 |
[09:16] | Okay, it’s Angry Birds! | 好吧 我玩的是”愤怒的小鸟” |
[09:18] | But the key to Angry Birds | 可玩”愤怒的小鸟”的要领在于 |
[09:20] | is to always try to see every possible outcome. | 总要预见到每一种可能的结果 |
[09:23] | And to… hit some pigs with rocks or something. | 要用石头或别的去砸那些猪 |
[09:26] | I don’t know; I don’t play. | 我不知道 没玩过 |
[09:27] | I can’t get it to download. | 我下载不了 |
[09:29] | The point is, this thing with you and Zoey? | 重点是 你和苏伊的爱情 |
[09:31] | I can see it going three possible ways. | 我可以预见三种可能性 |
[09:34] | There’s the first scenario. | 脚本一 |
[09:36] | The chairman asks you… | 委员会会长问你 |
[09:37] | Do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark? | 你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[09:39] | – You say…- No. | -于是你回答 -不该 |
[09:41] | And Zoey dumps you on the spot. | 然后苏伊当场跟你说分手 |
[09:42] | We’re done here. | 我们分道扬镳 |
[09:45] | There’s the second scenario. | 脚本二 |
[09:47] | The chairman asks you… | 委员会会长问你 |
[09:48] | Do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark? | 你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[09:50] | – You say… – Yes. | -于是你回答 -该 |
[09:52] | And you’re happy for, like, a second, | 然后你高兴了 大概一秒钟 |
[09:54] | until you realize the building you helped save | 随即你意识到 你帮忙拯救的这栋大楼 |
[09:56] | has just become a monument | 变成了一块纪念碑 |
[09:57] | to everything this woman made you give up, | 纪念这个女人害你所放弃的一切 |
[09:59] | and you resent her for it, | 然后你因此而恨她 |
[10:00] | so much so, in fact, that you dump her. | 以至于到头来 你变成了那个说分手的人 |
[10:03] | We’re done here. | 我们恩断义绝 |
[10:04] | – You said there was a third scenario. – Right. | -你说还有脚本三 -没错 |
[10:07] | The chairman asks you… | 委员会会长问你 |
[10:09] | Do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark? | 你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[10:11] | But before you can answer… | 就在你作答之前 |
[10:13] | You’re hit in the neck with a blow dart fired by the ninja | 你被忍者扔出的飞镖击中脖子 |
[10:15] | Zoey’s ex-husband hired to assassinate you. | 那是苏伊前夫派来暗杀你的 |
[10:21] | That one’s less likely. | 这个情况可能性比较小 |
[10:24] | What I’m saying… | 我想说的是 |
[10:26] | what I hate saying… | 我最不想说的话 |
[10:28] | is this. | 听好了 |
[10:31] | You and Zoey are gonna break up. | 你和苏伊迟早都要分手 |
[10:33] | But you can still save your career and Barney’s. | 但你仍旧可以挽回你和巴尼的事业 |
[10:38] | Okay, first of all, | 听我说 首先 |
[10:39] | no ninja’s getting a jump on me. | 没有忍者能偷袭到我 |
[10:41] | I have the reflexes of a jungle… | 我的反应能力有如丛林[jungle hunter 丛林猎人] |
[10:44] | Tree? | 呆木 |
[10:47] | Second of all, | 其次 |
[10:48] | I don’t care that the odds are stacked against us. | 我不在乎我们会不会成功地走到一起 |
[10:50] | I’d rather try to make this work with Zoey | 我宁愿试着和苏伊一起努力 |
[10:52] | than spend the rest of my life alone | 也不愿意我的余生独自一人 |
[10:54] | playing Angry Birds, which, by the way, | 靠玩”愤怒的小鸟”过日 话说这个游戏 |
[10:56] | I’ve shown you how to download,like, 20 times. | 我已经教你下载了不下20遍了 |
[10:58] | I’ve got to say,I’m with Ted on this. | 我不得不说 泰德说得对 |
[11:00] | – Thank you. – I mean, yes, | -感谢支持 -我承认 |
[11:01] | this is a huge, divisive issue for them. | 他们之间有一个巨大的分歧 |
[11:04] | Which means no matter what happens, | 这意味着 不管结果如何 |
[11:06] | there’s gonna be a lot of resentment. | 你们都会十分憎恨对方 |
[11:08] | Probably lasting for years… | 这种憎恨可能持续数年 |
[11:11] | infecting every single moment | 无时无刻影响着 |
[11:13] | of the rest of their relationship. | 你们今后的关系 |
[11:15] | So, in conclusion, I’m with Robin on this. | 因此 综上所述 还是罗宾说得对 |
[11:18] | Thank you. | 感谢支持 |
[11:20] | That night,as I slept soundly… | 当晚 在我熟睡之际 |
[11:32] | Barney, what are you doing? | 巴尼 你在干嘛 |
[11:34] | Who is this Barney? | 巴尼是谁 |
[11:36] | My name is John Clifford Larrabee, | 我是约翰·克里福德·拉拉比 |
[11:38] | architect of The Arcadian. | 阿卡迪亚酒店的设计师 |
[11:40] | And I am visiting you in a dream… | 我来到你的梦中拜访你 |
[11:45] | Really? ‘Cause it feels more like | 真的假的 感觉更像是 |
[11:47] | my insane friend renting a costume | 我那位租了件戏服 |
[11:49] | and breaking into my apartment in the middle of the night | 就半夜闯进我公寓的疯子朋友 |
[11:51] | for what I wish I could say was the first time. | 这已经不是他第一次干这种事了 |
[11:54] | Look, it’s a dream, it is. | 这就是个梦 |
[11:55] | So just… okay? | 别那么较真 行吗 |
[11:59] | Theodore… | 西奥多 |
[12:01] | heed my words: | 记住我的话 |
[12:02] | do not try to save The Arcadian. | 不要试图挽救阿卡迪亚 |
[12:06] | Barney, there’s condoms in the drawer. | 巴尼 抽屉里有套套 |
[12:07] | Just take them and get out. | 拿了赶紧走人 |
[12:09] | I am not Barney… | 都说了我不是巴尼 |
[12:12] | Whoa! Lighting change! | 哇 光线变色了 |
[12:15] | Theodore, you know The Arcadian is a badly built, | 西奥多 阿卡迪亚酒店是座失败的建筑 |
[12:20] | architecturally unimportant rat’s nest | 在建筑史上毫无价值的老鼠窝 |
[12:23] | designed by an overpaid, | 由一个值得竖起双拇指称赞的 |
[12:24] | plagiarizing ether addict with two thumbs. | 薪酬过高 会抄袭的酒鬼设计的 |
[12:27] | This guy. | 正是在下 |
[12:29] | Okay, yes, it’s-it’s a terrible building, | 好吧 我承认 它是个糟糕的建筑 |
[12:32] | but… does that mean we have to knock it down? | 但就因为这个 我们就必须把它拆了吗 |
[12:35] | I mean, it’s not bothering anyone. | 我是说 它并没有影响任何人 |
[12:37] | Just anyone who lives in it. | 除了住在里面的人 |
[12:39] | Or looks at it. | 或是看见它的人 |
[12:41] | Or smells it. | 又或是闻到它的人 |
[12:43] | New York is never finished, Theodore. | 纽约的变化永不止步 西奥多 |
[12:46] | She’s a lady | 她是位女士 |
[12:48] | only a handful of architects ever get to dance with. | 只有为数不多的建筑师有机会与她共舞 |
[12:52] | Do not miss your turn. | 别错过你的机会 |
[12:56] | The Arcadian has to go, doesn’t it? | 阿卡迪亚必须得拆 是吗 |
[12:59] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[13:00] | You realize this kind of screws up my personal life. | 你知道这等于把我的私人生活给毁了吧 |
[13:04] | Mo’ buildings, mo’ problems. | 房子越多 问题越多 |
[13:09] | This is a dream, right? | 这是个梦 对吧 |
[13:11] | Because, Barney, I swear to God, if that’s you… | 巴尼 我发誓如果是你 |
[13:18] | Mommy’s got Magic Lady Bits, Ted. | 妈咪有魔力私物哦 泰德 |
[13:22] | Dream! Dream! | 是梦 是梦 |
[13:25] | It was just a dream. | 那只是个梦 |
[13:46] | Hey. I know it’s late, but, uh… | 我知道有点晚 |
[13:49] | you want to meet up? | 你想见面吗 |
[13:52] | Hello, Mr. Lion. | 你好 狮子先生 |
[13:53] | “Look on my works, | 功业盖物 |
[13:55] | ye mighty, and despair” | 强者折服 |
[13:59] | Hey, I met you right… | 我就在这里 |
[14:06] | …here. | 遇见你 |
[14:07] | Right. And I mistook you | 是的 我就在这里 |
[14:09] | for a prostitute right here. | 把你误认为妓女 |
[14:13] | As far as you know, I still could be one. | 如你所知 我姿色还在 |
[14:15] | Ah. And you, | 而你呢 |
[14:16] | my good man, have run up quite a tab. | 我的好好先生 你已经欠了我一屁股债了哦 |
[14:23] | Worth every penny. | 物有所值 |
[14:27] | All right… | 好了 |
[14:28] | this was fun. | 今天很开心 |
[14:32] | I’m gonna take this cab. | 我要坐车回去了 |
[14:35] | Big day tomorrow. | 明天是个大日子 |
[14:36] | We need to get some sleep. | 我们得好好睡一觉 |
[14:43] | And yet… | 或者 |
[14:45] | No, we should get some sleep. | 不了 睡觉吧 |
[14:48] | But this was fun. | 但今晚很开心 |
[14:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:51] | It’s nice getting one last look | 抬头看最后一眼 提醒我们 |
[14:53] | to remember what we’re trying to save. | 记住我们努力拯救的是什么 感觉真好 |
[14:55] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:59] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:00] | Yeah. Good night. | 我很好 晚安 |
[15:02] | Mr. Mosby, I’m going to ask you one last time. | 莫斯比先生 我将问你最后一遍 |
[15:07] | Should The Arcadian be a landmark? | 阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗 |
[15:12] | No, it shouldn’t be a landmark. | 不 它不该成为地标建筑 |
[15:15] | There are a lot of important buildings in New York. | 纽约有许多重要的建筑 |
[15:18] | The Arcadian isn’t one of them. | 阿卡迪亚并不在此之列 |
[15:24] | E-Excuse me, | 抱歉打断一下 |
[15:25] | I have a question for Mr. Mosby. | 我有个问题想问莫斯比先生 |
[15:27] | If he doesn’t think | 如果他不认为 |
[15:28] | The Arcadian’s worth saving, then whose voice is this? | 阿卡迪亚值得拯救 那这声音是谁的 |
[15:32] | The Arcadian should be a landmark. | 阿卡迪亚值得成为一个地标建筑 |
[15:35] | It should. | 真的 |
[15:36] | The lion head stonework is iconic. | 它的狮子头是如此的有象征性 |
[15:40] | I hate working for GNB. | 我恨死了为巨人银行工作 |
[15:42] | They’re a bunch of… | 他们是一群 |
[15:43] | wieners and gonads. | 用生殖器思考的人 |
[15:46] | Oh, heavens! | 我的老天爷 |
[15:47] | My stars! | 我的上帝 |
[15:49] | Is that your voice, Mr. Mosby? | 那是你的声音吗 莫斯比先生 |
[15:55] | Yeah, that’s me. | 对 是我 |
[16:02] | This is a nightmare. | 这简直是一场恶梦 |
[16:04] | I can’t believe she kept that tape. | 真不敢相信她还留着那段录音 |
[16:06] | The LPC’s gonna come back with a decision tomorrow, | 地标保护委员会明天将会做出最终决定 |
[16:08] | and based on today… | 基于今天的表现 |
[16:09] | They’re gonna landmark the hell out of that place. | 他们肯定会把那个该死的地方定为地标建筑 |
[16:11] | Yeah. We’ll end up out of a job, | 是啊 我们马上就要变成无业游民 |
[16:14] | all thanks to some stupid, | 这全都归功于某个傻里傻气 |
[16:16] | only sort of awesome lion head. | 却有点威武的狮子头 |
[16:18] | Better get used to that lion head. | 你最好快点习惯那个狮子头 |
[16:20] | As of tomorrow, it’s gonna be there till the end of times. | 从明天开始 它将永远在那屹立不倒 |
[16:24] | And all because of my sweet, sweet rhymes. | 这全都归功于我那美妙又讨喜的押韵 |
[16:28] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[16:33] | – We should buy a bar. – We should totally buy a bar! | -我们应该买家酒吧 -我们真应该买家酒吧 |
[16:36] | We should absolutely totally buy a bar! | 我们绝对应该买家酒吧 |
[16:38] | It’s really the only sensible idea right now. | 这是目前唯一明智的主意了 |
[16:39] | Oh, oh, and ready? | 准备好听我的想法了吗 |
[16:41] | It’s a theme bar. | 这是主题酒吧 |
[16:43] | It’s a courtroom. | 把它布置成法庭 |
[16:44] | – Yes! – Ah! | -不错 -对 |
[16:46] | Where the bartenders wear sexy judges’ robes. | 酒吧的服务员要穿着性感的法官袍 |
[16:50] | I’ll allow it! | 准了 |
[16:51] | The only court where you show up, then get served. | 这是唯一一个你一出现 就会获刑的法庭 |
[16:54] | Ho! | 赞 |
[16:54] | You’re judged by a jury of your beers. | 评判工作交给啤酒陪审团来完成 |
[16:57] | That’s not bad. | 这主意不错 |
[16:58] | Just stop it! | 你们都给我闭嘴 |
[16:59] | No one’s buying a bar. | 没人要买酒吧 |
[17:00] | Right now we have a little problem. | 我们现在遇到了一点小难题 |
[17:01] | Let’s just think of a solution. | 要齐心协力想出解决的办法 |
[17:03] | Lily, it’s over. | 莉莉 结束了 |
[17:05] | The good guys lost. | 好人一败涂地 |
[17:07] | I don’t know, homegirl is pretty diabolical. | 这可说不准 死党会为朋友插敌人两刀 |
[17:10] | If there is a plan that’ll get us out of this, | 如果真有一个计划能让咱们脱离困境 |
[17:13] | it’s somewhere inside this butter churn. | 肯定藏在这小脑袋里[butter churn亦有女性阴部之意] |
[17:16] | She’ll think of it. | 她会想出来的 |
[17:18] | I’m just gonna sit here… | 我准备坐在这儿 |
[17:21] | and watch it happen. | 等着灵光一闪那刻的降临 |
[17:25] | And she’s got it! | 她想出来了 |
[17:27] | Lily, what’s the plan? | 莉莉 计划是什么 |
[17:28] | Oh, this ought to be good. | 最好是个好计划 |
[17:31] | And then Lily told us her plan. | 于是莉莉告诉了我们她的计划 |
[17:33] | Oh, this is good! | 哇 真是好到不行不行的 |
[17:36] | We have to find Arthur right now. | 我们得马上去找亚瑟 |
[17:41] | What is so difficult about this?! | 这有这么难吗 |
[17:43] | Tugboat figured this out in, like, five minutes. | 小拖船不到五分钟就做到了 |
[17:45] | This is bush league! | 你果然是个次等货 |
[17:46] | Hey, Arthur! | 亚瑟 你好 |
[17:48] | Oh, cute dog! | 小狗真可爱 |
[17:50] | No! Tugboat, my other dog, that was a cute dog. | 不 我另一只狗小拖船才叫可爱 |
[17:53] | This little disappointment is nothing but a cheap facsimile. | 这个让人失望的小玩意 就是一便宜的仿货 |
[17:56] | I said it! | 我实话实说 |
[17:57] | Yeah, my love is reserved for dogs | 我的爱是给那种 |
[17:59] | that go to the bathroom on command | 能听命令上厕所的狗 |
[18:01] | instead of wasting my time! | 而不是浪费我时间的狗 |
[18:03] | Listen, Arthur, Marshall’s wife has an idea | 亚瑟 马修的妻子想到一个主意 |
[18:06] | for how we can save not saving The Arcadian. | 能让我们扭转大势 达到拆毁阿卡迪亚的目的 |
[18:09] | Oh, his wife has an idea. | 哦 他的妻子想到个主意 |
[18:10] | Let me tell you about wives, okay? | 让我告诉你何为妻子 |
[18:12] | They leave you and take your best friend with them. | 她们不但离开你 还把你最好的朋友给带走了 |
[18:14] | You’re not Tugboat! | 这货不是小拖船 |
[18:16] | You’ll never be Tugboat! | 这货永远也成不了小拖船 |
[18:22] | Hey, Arthur? | 亚瑟 |
[18:31] | I guess this one’s kind of cute or whatever. | 我猜这狗也算可爱的一种吧 |
[18:36] | So… so what’s the idea? | 那你的主意是什么 |
[18:39] | Okay, first hear my demands. | 好的 先听完我的要求 |
[18:42] | One,Ted and Barney keep their jobs. | 一 不许辞掉泰德和巴尼 |
[18:44] | Two, when you guys do finally blow up The Arcadian, | 二 当你们最后真能炸毁阿卡迪亚时 |
[18:47] | one of them gets to push the button. | 要让他们俩其中一个按下那个按钮 |
[18:49] | – Dibs. – Dibs. | -我来 -我来 |
[18:51] | Fine! What’s the idea? | 好吧 到底是什么主意 |
[18:53] | – Well… – Kids, for legal reasons, | -这个嘛 –孩子们 因为法律原因 |
[18:55] | I have to skip this part of the story | 我必须省略这部分故事 |
[18:57] | and jump ahead to the next night, | 直接跳到第二天晚上 |
[18:59] | as the Landmarks Preservation Commission | 地标保护委员会 |
[19:00] | gave their verdict. | 做出最后裁定 |
[19:01] | Last night, this committee took a vote, | 昨晚 全体委员进行了一次投票 |
[19:04] | and while we have all felt from the very beginning that | 虽然我们最初都觉得 |
[19:07] | The Arcadian is, | 阿卡迪亚酒店是 |
[19:09] | well, an eyesore… | 一座难看的建筑 |
[19:11] | Mr. Mosby’s surprising testimony | 在关于狮子头的石雕像方面 |
[19:15] | about the lion’s head stonework | 莫斯比先生却给出了出人意料的证词 |
[19:17] | left us no choice but to declare it… | 这让我们别无选择 只好宣判它是 |
[19:20] | a landmark. | 一座地标建筑 |
[19:26] | But then, something else happened last night. | 然而昨晚发生了件有趣的事 |
[19:29] | That same lion’s head stonework… | 就是那个狮子头石雕像 |
[19:36] | …disappeared. | 消失了 |
[19:37] | So…that makes our job a little easier. | 所以 这让我们的工作变得简单了 |
[19:42] | Motion denied. | 动议否决 |
[19:53] | Zoey… | 苏伊 |
[19:54] | Zoey! | 苏伊 |
[19:56] | All right, what do you have to say for yourself? | 好吧 你还有什么好说的 |
[20:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:02] | Sometimes… things have to fall apart | 可能有时 为了给更好的事物让路 |
[20:05] | to make way for better things. | 有些事物不得不破碎 |
[20:18] | We’re done here. | 我们曲终人散 |
[20:28] | Okay, you don’t have to hold back anymore. | 好了 你不必再隐藏了 |
[20:30] | You may now say what you really think of Zoey. | 你现在可以告诉我 你对苏伊的真实想法 |
[20:33] | I don’t know, she may have been right about the lion’s head. | 我也不知道 关于那个狮子头或许她说得对 |
[20:35] | It gave The Arcadian a regal elegance. | 它让阿卡迪亚有一种帝王范的优雅 |
[20:38] | Then again, it goes really nice with my duvet. | 重申一次 它跟我的羽绒被真的很搭 |
[20:42] | I hope I used the right screws. | 希望我没用错螺丝刀[掉下来就完蛋了] |