时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Stanford. I want you to come with me. | 斯坦福 我希望你能和我一起去 |
[00:05] | This is, uh, Connor Walsh. | 我是康纳尔·沃什 |
[00:07] | 删除邮件 是 | |
[00:07] | I’m calling to say that I won’t be attending. | 我打电话是想告知你我决定放弃入学 |
[00:09] | I killed Lila. | 我杀了莱拉 |
[00:10] | You did it for Sam. | 你这么做是为了山姆 |
[00:12] | She can’t know. | 不能让她知道 |
[00:13] | Frank was just doing what he was told. | 弗兰克只是听命行事 |
[00:16] | You want to change your life, | 你是想改变人生 |
[00:17] | or are you happy just to stay Annalise Keating’s bitch? | 还是愿意继续做安娜丽丝·基廷的走狗 |
[00:23] | I’m sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[00:25] | I did this to him. I did it. | 是我造成的 是我 |
[00:27] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[00:28] | It was me. I did this. | 是我 我造成的 |
[00:31] | She won’t forgive herself. | 她不会原谅自己的 |
[00:33] | She can never know. | 她不能知道 |
[00:34] | It was Sam. | 是山姆的错 |
[00:35] | It was the both of them. | 是他们两人的错 |
[00:37] | – Where is he? – Annalise. | -他在哪儿 -安娜丽丝 |
[00:38] | He needs to go. | 他得离开 |
[00:40] | Hello? Frank? | 有人吗 弗兰克 |
[00:43] | My father — he’s dead. | 我的父亲 他死了 |
[00:44] | He’s very much alive, | 他活得好好的 |
[00:46] | and his name is Wallace Mahoney. | 他叫华莱士·马奥尼 |
[00:48] | – I think I’m your son. – Why would you think that? | -我觉得我是你儿子 -你为什么那么想 |
[00:50] | Annalise Keating — | 安娜丽丝·基廷… |
[01:03] | A little respect, please! | 给逝者一点尊重行吗 |
[01:08] | I was just… asking for directions. | 我是在问路 |
[01:12] | I don’t live here. I was a little lost. | 我不住这里 我有点迷路了 |
[01:15] | He just stepped out of the office, so I stopped him. | 他刚走出办公室 所以我拦下他 |
[01:20] | He seemed angry — | 他看起来很生气 |
[01:21] | Because you interrupted a phone call he was on? | 因为你打断了他的通话 |
[01:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:25] | And the person on the other end, when we speak with them, | 跟他打电话的那个人 我们问他话的话 |
[01:27] | they’ll verify you were just asking for directions? | 可以证实你是在问路吗 |
[01:31] | ‘Course. | 当然 |
[01:49] | – Thanks for — – Quiet. | -谢谢 -闭嘴 |
[01:51] | Not here. | 别在这里说 |
[02:02] | Tell me exactly what he said. | 告诉我他说的每一句话 |
[02:07] | He was on the phone — | 他在打电话 |
[02:08] | Not your father. | 不是你父亲 |
[02:11] | Frank. | 是弗兰克 |
[02:27] | Want to go finally meet your dad? | 想去见见你爸爸吗 |
[02:32] | That’s his office. | 那是他办公室 |
[02:35] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[02:36] | He’s your friggin’ father. You have a right to meet him. | 那他妈是你爸爸 你有权利见他 |
[02:40] | Yeah, but Annalise made me promise — | 但是安娜丽丝让我保证 |
[02:41] | It was her idea. | 是她的主意 |
[02:43] | She knows you, how nosy you are. | 她了解你 知道你有多爱打听 |
[02:46] | But…if you want to call her, | 不过 如果你需要打电话 |
[02:49] | make sure she’s down with this… | 跟她确认的话 |
[02:50] | Don’t. | 不用了 |
[02:53] | You’re just gonna say hi. That’s all. | 只是打个招呼而已 |
[02:55] | And I’m here for backup in case things get out of hand. | 我来只是为了以防万一 |
[03:01] | Tell me how we explain that to anyone. | 告诉我怎么跟别人解释 |
[03:03] | No, the minute I show up, gossip starts, and then this — | 不 我一出现谣言就会传开 然后这事 |
[03:08] | What — What we’ve been doing, | 我们做的事 |
[03:09] | that’s all anyone is gonna talk about. | 所有人都会谈论它 |
[03:12] | Hold on a second. | 稍等 |
[03:13] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[03:15] | I think I’m your son. | 我觉得我是你儿子 |
[03:17] | Why would you think that? | 你为什么那么想 |
[03:20] | Annalise Keating — | 安娜丽丝·基廷… |
[03:27] | I would’ve run, but the driver was parked right there. | 我想跑 但是司机就在那里 |
[03:30] | And I looked for Frank, but his car was gone. | 我想找弗兰克 但是他的车已经不见了 |
[03:34] | I’m so sorry, Wes. | 我很抱歉 韦斯 |
[03:37] | For what? | 为什么道歉 |
[03:39] | Frank. | 为弗兰克 |
[03:41] | He did this for me. | 他是为了我才这么做的 |
[03:43] | You asked him to shoot my father? | 你让他杀了我爸爸 |
[03:45] | – No. – Then how is this for you? | -没有 -那为什么是为你 |
[03:47] | Listen to me, okay? | 听我说 好吗 |
[03:48] | Just listen. | 听我说 |
[03:50] | Your father hurt me, too. | 你父亲也伤害了我 |
[03:54] | In the worst way. | 最残忍的方式 |
[03:57] | I didn’t know, | 我一直不知道 |
[03:58] | because Frank hid it from me for years. | 因为弗兰克这么多年来一直瞒着我 |
[04:02] | Tonight was his way of making things right. | 今晚他是想弥补错误 |
[04:06] | – How does this make anything right? – It doesn’t. | -这能弥补什么错误 -当然不能 |
[04:09] | He took me there on purpose, told me it was your idea. | 他特意把我叫去 还说是你的主意 |
[04:11] | Because he’s using you against me. | 他是在利用你防备我 |
[04:16] | And he knows that I can hurt him. | 他知道我可以伤害他 |
[04:18] | But I can’t now, can I? | 但是现在我就没办法了 |
[04:21] | Not when he could go to the police with the truth — | 毕竟他现在可以去告诉警察真相 |
[04:25] | that you’re actually Wallace Mahoney’s son. | 告诉他们你是华莱士·马奥尼的儿子 |
[04:36] | Get out. | 下车 |
[04:48] | Your father’s dead. Frank did that. | 你爸爸死了 是弗兰克干的 |
[04:52] | And neither of these men are — | 这两个人都不值得 |
[04:54] | are worth losing ourselves over. | 我们为他们痛苦迷失 |
[04:57] | They’re gone for good, and we need to let them go. | 他们已经走了 我们得放下他们 |
[06:13] | Hey, stranger. | 你好啊 陌生人 |
[06:18] | When did you get back in town? | 你什么时候回来的 |
[06:20] | A week ago — when I texted you. | 一周前 我给你发了短信 |
[06:24] | Right. Sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[06:25] | I went with Maggie up to her parents’ cabin. | 我去了梅吉父母的度假屋 |
[06:27] | There wasn’t really reception. | 那里信号不好 |
[06:29] | You met Maggie’s parents already? | 你已经见过梅吉的父母了 |
[06:30] | No, it was just the two of us. | 没 就我们两个人 |
[06:33] | Nice! | 不错啊 |
[06:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:39] | First day. Can’t be late. | 第一天 别迟到了 |
[06:46] | Homies, over here. | 伙计们 这里 |
[06:50] | Mr. C8, Miss A8. | C8先生 A8小姐 |
[06:53] | It’s your new seats. | 是你们的新座位 |
[06:54] | I got here early to make sure | 我提早过来确保 |
[06:55] | we weren’t sat next to some weenball. | 我们不会坐在白痴旁边 |
[06:56] | He doesn’t realize that’s him. | 他还没发现他自己就是白痴 |
[06:57] | Oh, please tell me I’m in the back somewhere. | 希望我的位置在后排 |
[06:59] | I need to catch up on my sleep. | 我得好好补觉 |
[07:01] | No — B4. But the good news is, I’m right behind you. | 不 B4 不过好消息是我就在你后面 |
[07:05] | Well, of course you’re all here. | 你们当然都在了 |
[07:06] | Why wouldn’t we be here? | 我们为什么会不在 |
[07:08] | Well, we’ve all seen the rankings. | 我们都看过分数了 |
[07:11] | You think there’s any way you’d all be in this class | 如果不是基廷教这门课 |
[07:12] | if Keating wasn’t teaching it? | 你们谁会在这里 |
[07:13] | – Excuse me? – That’s aggressive. – Who are you? | -你说什么 -好有攻击性 -你谁啊 |
[07:15] | Sers, bro, you want to step to us like that | 说真的 老兄 课还没开始 |
[07:17] | and class hasn’t even begun yet? | 你就想跟我们干上吗 |
[07:18] | Actually, I’m just trying to step to my seat. | 我只是想去我的座位上而已 |
[07:20] | Congratulations. | 恭喜各位 |
[07:22] | You’ve each been hand-chosen to take part | 你们都被选中参与 |
[07:24] | in my very first criminal law legal clinic. | 我第一次刑法法律中心的教学 |
[07:27] | In here, you’re not just students, | 在这里 你们不只是学生 |
[07:31] | but actual practicing lawyers, | 而是要对自己的案件 |
[07:33] | responsible for your own cases and clients. | 和客户负责的真正的律师 |
[07:37] | You finally get to be me. | 你们终于可以成为我了 |
[08:07] | Someone is clearly upset I didn’t pick them for this class. | 看来某人真的很生气我没选他进这门课 |
[08:13] | This clinic is pro bono. | 这个法律中心提供无偿服务 |
[08:15] | We only represent people who can’t afford their own lawyers. | 我们只为无力请律师的人提供辩护 |
[08:19] | You will each compete to become first chair. | 你们将竞争主辩律师的位置 |
[08:21] | Some of you will end up defending several clients, | 有人最后也许会为多个客户辩护 |
[08:24] | while the lamer of you will never step foot | 而那些没用的连见到法官的机会 |
[08:26] | in front of a judge. | 都没有 |
[08:28] | Now, who will that be? | 会是谁呢 |
[08:31] | Let’s start. | 开始吧 |
[08:33] | Karim Assaf — a refugee from Iraq | 克里姆·阿萨夫 十年前 |
[08:36] | who came here 10 years ago with his two children. | 和他的两个孩子来到美国的伊拉克难民 |
[08:39] | Cut to a year ago. | 一年前 |
[08:40] | Karim is driving his two children to school. | 克里姆送他的孩子上学 |
[08:42] | The police stop him and find over 2 ounces of marijuana. | 警察把他拦了下来 查出了超过56克大麻 |
[08:47] | Karim pleads guilty to possession | 克里姆承认犯了持有及 |
[08:49] | with the intent to distribute and serves 12 months, | 意图贩卖毒品罪 并因此服刑一年 |
[08:52] | and now he faces additional legal trouble. | 现在他又遇到了另外的法律问题 |
[08:55] | What could that be… | 会是什么呢 |
[08:58] | Ms. Leibowitz? | 利博维兹小姐 |
[09:01] | An intent to distribute would make him subject to deportation. | 意图贩毒罪可能会导致他被驱逐出境 |
[09:04] | Well, Karim has a green card. | 克里姆有绿卡 |
[09:05] | Shouldn’t that allow him to stay in the U.S.? | 不是应该能待在美国境内吗 |
[09:07] | Mr. Montgomery. | 蒙哥马利先生 |
[09:09] | Um, no. | 不 |
[09:10] | The court doesn’t look at deportation | 法庭不认为驱逐出境 |
[09:12] | as an additional form of punishment. | 是额外的惩罚 |
[09:13] | What Supreme Court decision is Mr. Montgomery referencing? | 蒙哥马利先生引用的是高院的哪一次裁定 |
[09:17] | Uh, Ms. Pratt. | 普拉特小姐 |
[09:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:23] | Surprise, surprise. | 让人吃惊 |
[09:26] | Care to back up that smack talk, Mr. Drake? | 想要解释一下你说的话吗 德里克先生 |
[09:31] | The Supreme Court case Fong Yue Ting v. United States, | 最高法院在1893年冯月亭诉美国政府 |
[09:34] | decided 1893. | 一案中做出的裁定 |
[09:36] | Justice Horace Gray delivered the plurality opinion. | 霍瑞斯·格雷法官宣布了多数法官做出的决定 |
[09:40] | Show-off. | 真是爱现 |
[09:42] | All right, tomorrow, each of you will get a chance | 好了 明天 你们每个人都要 |
[09:45] | to present a defense that keeps Karim in this country. | 给出一个可以让克里姆留在美国的辩护理由 |
[09:48] | Now, I’ll pick two of you for first and second chair. | 我会选出两个人作为主辩和次辩律师 |
[09:51] | But be careful. | 但是请小心 |
[09:52] | Winning means that you carry the fate of this entire family | 胜出意味着这家人的命运完全掌握在了 |
[09:56] | in your hands. | 你的手上 |
[10:01] | And you wonder why people think I favor you? | 现在知道为什么人们觉得我宠信你们了吧 |
[10:03] | Wait. You aren’t at all concerned? | 等等 你一点都不担心吗 |
[10:05] | About what? | 担心什么 |
[10:06] | – The flier. – It’s a piece of paper. | -传单 -那只是张纸 |
[10:08] | That says “Killer” on it. | 上面写着”凶手” |
[10:09] | I’ve been called worse. | 我听过更难听的 |
[10:18] | Everything’s fine. The police have moved on. | 没事的 警察已经不管了 |
[10:21] | Nothing bad’s happened all summer — | 一暑假都没有发生什么糟糕的事情 |
[10:22] | Like that means anything. | 那说明不了什么 |
[10:23] | It means we’re safe. | 说明我们安全了 |
[10:25] | And you want to know why? We’re good people now. | 想知道为什么吗 因为我们现在是好人 |
[10:29] | Say it to yourself until you believe it. | 跟自己说直到自己也相信为止 |
[10:38] | Ray Fonseca fired his lawyer. | 雷·丰塞卡炒了他的律师 |
[10:40] | They’re holding him on extortion and bribery. | 他们以涉嫌勒索和行贿的名义扣留了他 |
[10:42] | He’s a gang leader, Bonnie. | 他是个团伙头目 邦尼 |
[10:44] | – A gang leader with a lot of money. – Stop it. | -一个很有钱的团伙头目 -别说了 |
[10:46] | This is hard enough without you dangling carrots in my face. | 你不拿钱来诱惑我也已经够难了 |
[11:56] | I just came to say that I’m going to Mexico for the summer. | 我只是过来跟你说一声我暑假要回墨西哥 |
[12:00] | I thought your father couldn’t go back to Mexico. | 我以为你爸爸不能回墨西哥呢 |
[12:03] | He can’t. I’m visiting my mom. | 他回不去 我去看妈妈 |
[12:07] | And Frank? | 弗兰克呢 |
[12:09] | Will he be there, too? | 他也会跟着去吗 |
[12:14] | He left me, too, you know. | 他也离开我了 你知道 |
[12:18] | Do I know? | 我知道吗 |
[12:19] | You were the one I called when I realized he was missing. | 我意识到他失踪之后给你打了电话的 |
[12:21] | You mean when his bitch-ass ran away. | 你是说当他跑路之后 |
[12:22] | Which I knew nothing about. | 对此我一无所知 |
[12:24] | And is that what you honestly think of me — | 你真的觉得我会对他 |
[12:25] | that I’d be okay with what he did to Wes? | 对韦斯做的事毫不介意吗 |
[12:26] | Quiet! | 安静 |
[12:28] | I’ve been on your side the entire time, | 我一直都站在你这边 |
[12:31] | helping you every time you asked me, | 有求必应 |
[12:32] | so I don’t deserve this. | 所以你不该这么对我 |
[12:33] | Be angry at Frank. | 生弗兰克的气去 |
[12:35] | Just do not be angry at me. | 别对我生气 |
[12:37] | There’s no gray area here, Laurel. | 这里没有灰色地带 劳拉 |
[12:41] | It’s him or it’s me. | 要么是他 要么是我 |
[12:46] | He’s dead to me. | 在我眼里他就是个死人 |
[12:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:53] | Bring me back some tequila. | 给我带点龙舌兰 |
[12:55] | My body’s sick of vodka. | 我喝腻伏特加了 |
[13:18] | It’s Frank. Leave a message. | 这是弗兰克 有事请留言 |
[13:20] | Your mailbox isn’t full, | 你的语音信箱还没满 |
[13:21] | so I know that means | 所以我知道这意味着什么 |
[13:22] | you’re checking your messages and not dead somewhere. | 你还在查看消息 还没死 |
[13:25] | I just wanted to say… | 我只想说 |
[13:31] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[13:39] | Do you mind if we record this | 你介意我们录音吗 |
[13:40] | so that Professor Keating can monitor what we say? | 这样基廷教授好监督我们说了什么 |
[13:46] | Your daughter Faiza believes you were the victim of profiling. | 你女儿法伊扎相信你是侧写的受害者 |
[13:49] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[13:51] | Are you sure? ‘Cause if we can convince the judge | 你确定吗 因为如果我们能让法官相信 |
[13:52] | there was discrimination in your case — | 整个过程中存在歧视的话 |
[13:53] | I refuse to play that card. | 我拒绝那个方案 |
[13:54] | Even if it makes a convincing story? | 即使这个故事很有说服力 |
[13:56] | Turn off the recording. | 把录音关了 |
[13:57] | We need to use every advantage we have — | 我们得充分利用我们的优势 |
[13:58] | Turn it off, and I’ll explain. | 把它关了 我会解释 |
[14:02] | Our client already pled guilty. We all know that. | 我们的委托人已经认罪 我们都知道 |
[14:06] | So I suggest we have Karim say just three simple words | 所以我觉得克里姆只要对法官说三个字 |
[14:09] | to the judge — “I am sorry.” | 对不起 |
[14:12] | Any excuse or denial will only serve to hurt him, | 任何的辩解或否认都只会害了他 |
[14:15] | whereas remorse will show that he has learned his lesson | 但是忏悔会显得他已经吸取了教训 |
[14:18] | and is ready to return to society | 并且已经做好作为一个全面改造的公民 |
[14:19] | as a fully rehabilitated citizen. | 重新融入社会的准备 |
[14:21] | Well done, Mr. Drake. | 干得漂亮 德里克先生 |
[14:22] | That’s his big idea? An apology? Weenball. | 那就是他的大论 道歉 白痴 |
[14:24] | Mr. Millstone. | 米尔斯顿先生 |
[14:29] | Well, because it’s immigration court and there’s no jury, | 因为这是移民法庭 没有陪审团 |
[14:33] | my idea is to target the personality of the judge. | 我的主意是从法官的性格入手 |
[14:36] | And provide a reason why Karim would purchase | 提供一个克里姆需要购买 |
[14:37] | that much marijuana. | 这么多大麻的理由 |
[14:39] | For example… | 比如… |
[14:39] | We could apply for asylum, | 我们可以申请庇护 |
[14:41] | argue that we don’t know the new dangers | 理由是我们不知道如果他重回伊拉克 |
[14:42] | that he could face back in Iraq… | 会面临什么样的危险… |
[14:44] | …where he could work as an informant to the FBI, | …他可以充当联调局的线人 |
[14:47] | trading information on radical members of his community, | 向联调局汇报他的社区内激进分子的情况 |
[14:49] | which would then allow us to revisit… | 这样就能让我们重回… |
[14:51] | …the judge’s office, | 法官的办公室 |
[14:52] | and while her clerk wasn’t exactly forthcoming, | 尽管她的书记员不愿意说 |
[14:54] | I did find out that she’s a grandmother. | 我还是发现她已经当祖母了 |
[14:56] | We could hit home the idea that his life | 我们可以直击要害阐明 |
[14:58] | is more valuable here than in Iraq, | 他在这要比在伊拉克更有价值 |
[14:59] | thereby persuading the judge to order… | 从而说服法官裁定… |
[15:01] | A stay of removal is the best thing for all parties involved. | 暂缓遣返对双方来说都是最好的方案 |
[15:04] | This will allow us time to delay and prove… | 这可以给我们争取到时间来证明… |
[15:07] | Smoking marijuana helps with symptoms of PTSD, | 抽大麻有助于缓解创伤后应激障碍症 |
[15:09] | so even though Karim’s test came back negative, | 因此即使克里姆的检测结果为阴性 |
[15:11] | we could argue… | 我们依然可以抗辩… |
[15:12] | …an expungement or… | …排除证据 或是… |
[15:13] | …appeal to the judge’s maternal instincts. | 上诉以唤起法官母性 |
[15:15] | And while this wouldn’t be helpful in most cases, | 尽管这一招对大多数案件都没用 |
[15:17] | with immigration court, | 但是在移民庭 |
[15:18] | the decisions are often left to the judge’s discretion. | 法官通常可依据自由裁量权自行判定 |
[15:20] | Professor Keating! | 基廷教授 |
[15:21] | Excuse me. I’m in the middle of… | 不好意思 我正在叙述… |
[15:22] | The pot wasn’t Karim’s. | 大麻不是克里姆的 |
[15:25] | It was his daughter’s. | 是他女儿的 |
[15:25] | He didn’t know she was dealing until the cop found the drugs, | 警察查获前他并不知道他女儿在贩毒 |
[15:28] | so then he said they were his in order to protect her. | 所以他是为了保护女儿才说大麻是自己的 |
[15:31] | What do you suggest we do with that information? | 那你觉得我们该怎么办 |
[15:34] | We could go to the original prosecutor | 我们可以去找原审的公诉人 |
[15:35] | and explain that he was just being a good father. | 并解释说他是位好父亲 |
[15:37] | So they deport his daughter instead? | 然后把女儿驱逐出境吗 |
[15:40] | No, she hasn’t been in Iraq since she was 6. | 不 她六岁以后就没在伊拉克生活过了 |
[15:43] | Do you think our immigration courts really care? | 你觉得移民庭会在乎这一点吗 |
[15:45] | – You’re out, Ms. Castillo. – What? | -你出局了 卡斯蒂洛小姐 -什么 |
[15:47] | Mr. Gibbins, you’re last up. | 吉宾斯先生 最后到你了 |
[15:49] | I didn’t finish. | 我还没说完 |
[15:50] | You’re out, too. | 你也出局了 |
[15:51] | Impress me. | 打动我 |
[15:53] | Research shows hearing from family and friends | 研究表明家庭和朋友的听证会 |
[15:55] | is the most effective tactic to evade deportation. | 是规避驱逐出境最有效的策略 |
[15:58] | Knowing this, I talked to about a dozen of Karim’s friends, | 基于这一点 我找到了克里姆的众多朋友 |
[16:01] | neighbors, even his imam at the mosque, | 邻居 甚至他在清真寺的领拜者 |
[16:04] | and they all agreed to testify as character witnesses. | 他们都同意作为他的品德证人出庭作证 |
[16:07] | Finally, a practical strategy we can use in court. | 总算有人找到了可以用于庭审的策略 |
[16:09] | Mr. Gibbins, you’re first chair. | 吉宾斯先生 你是主辩律师 |
[16:11] | Mr. Drake, you’re his second. | 德里克先生 次辩律师 |
[16:13] | The rest of you, do better. | 剩下的人 再接再厉 |
[16:18] | Professor Keating? | 基廷教授 |
[16:20] | I didn’t pick you because your mom was an immigrant. | 我选你不是因为你妈妈也是移民 |
[16:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:24] | I just wanted to talk to you about my opening statement. | 我只想让你看看我写的开庭陈述 |
[16:26] | I have a draft here. | 我草拟了一份 |
[16:27] | You wrote an opening for a case | 案子还没指派给你 |
[16:29] | you hadn’t been assigned to yet? | 你就写好开庭陈述了吗 |
[16:30] | I had a good feeling. | 我预感会是我的 |
[16:34] | Why are you always stalking me? | 别再跟着我了 |
[16:41] | Well, at least they chose a good photo. | 至少照片选得还不赖 |
[16:54] | 《乔万尼的房间》 詹姆斯·鲍德温 | |
[17:15] | You want to get in? | 你想进来吗 |
[17:18] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[17:26] | Feels good. | 真舒服 |
[17:28] | Right? | 是吧 |
[17:32] | You haven’t returned my calls. | 你没回我电话 |
[17:35] | I’m just trying to disconnect. | 我只是想放空自己 |
[17:39] | Be happy or something. | 让自己开心起来 |
[17:41] | I get that. | 我能理解 |
[17:44] | Look… | 对了… |
[17:47] | I think Oliver’s going to ask you for a job. | 我觉得奥利弗会上你那求职 |
[17:49] | I need you to promise me that you’ll say no. | 你要向我保证你会拒绝他 |
[17:53] | I haven’t asked for much… I mean, anything, really… | 我一直都没有过分的要求…真的 |
[17:56] | Oliver’s never coming to work for me. | 奥利弗不会在我手下工作的 |
[17:58] | You swear? | 你发誓吗 |
[18:00] | Because he’ll, uh, he’ll find things out. | 如果你要了他 他就会发现事情的真相 |
[18:03] | We’d ruin him. | 我们会毁了他的 |
[18:04] | Yeah, exactly. | 说得没错 |
[18:07] | He’d become the new Asher. | 他就会成为另一个亚设 |
[18:10] | I won’t let that happen. | 我不会让这种事发生的 |
[18:14] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[18:28] | I could encrypt the firm’s files, update your firewalls. | 我能加密律所文件 升级防火墙 |
[18:31] | That way, no one like me could hack you. | 这样 像我这种人就没法黑你了 |
[18:33] | Because I totally could. | 因为我完全做得到 |
[18:34] | Not that I have. I haven’t. | 我没试过 真没有 |
[18:37] | Uh…so don’t worry, but… | 别担心 不过… |
[18:39] | you’re very vulnerable. | 你们很不安全 |
[18:41] | Here’s my proposal. | 这是我的申请 |
[18:44] | Also, the thing that I really wanted to tell you is… | 还有件事我得告诉你 |
[18:49] | I admire you. | 我敬重你 |
[18:52] | And I know what other people say about you, but — | 我知道其他人怎么说你 可是… |
[18:54] | What do they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[18:55] | No, not about you specifically, but, um… | 不 不是说你个人 不过… |
[18:59] | defense attorneys. | 是说辩护律师 |
[19:01] | I think it’s so unfair. | 那样说太不公平了 |
[19:03] | Because what I see you do | 因为我觉得你做的事 |
[19:05] | is help people who can’t help themselves. | 是在帮助那些无助的人 |
[19:10] | I want to be a part of that. | 我也想成为其中的一员 |
[19:13] | I’m not hiring anyone right now. | 我现在没有招人的计划 |
[19:17] | I deleted Connor’s Stanford acceptance. | 我删掉了康纳尔的斯坦福录取信 |
[19:23] | I knew they might call, too, or send a follow-up e-mail, | 我知道他们可能会打电话 或是再发邮件 |
[19:26] | so I hacked their system and had those re-routed to me. | 所以我黑进了他们的系统 转到了我的地址 |
[19:32] | He doesn’t know. | 他不知道 |
[19:33] | But you’re telling me? | 你却告诉了我 |
[19:37] | I know what you do here. | 我知道你们会做些什么 |
[19:42] | That it’s not always… good. | 你们做的并不总是…好事 |
[19:47] | So I just wanted to be very clear with you. | 所以我想讲清楚 |
[19:50] | I can be bad, too. | 我也可以做坏事 |
[19:55] | Who wants another mojito? | 谁还想来杯酒 |
[19:57] | – Oh, keep ’em comin’. – Yas, queen! | -接着上 不要停 -遵命 女王殿下 |
[19:59] | None for me. | 我不要了 |
[20:00] | Because you’re pregnant with Frank’s baby? | 因为你怀了弗兰克的孩子 |
[20:01] | No, because I am trying to be a good student. | 不 因为我想做个好学生 |
[20:03] | Boring! | 无聊 |
[20:05] | I…didn’t know we were having a party. | 我不知道你们在聚会啊 |
[20:07] | Hey, Oli! | 奥利 |
[20:10] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[20:11] | Oh, I went for a walk in the park. | 去公园散个步 |
[20:13] | Hashtag unemployment. | 关键词 失业中 |
[20:14] | Dawg, that makes it sound like you were cruising for the D. | 老兄 听上去像是你去猎艳了 |
[20:16] | So, how was everybody’s summer? | 大家暑假过得怎么样 |
[20:19] | Any new significant others, besides Wes’ little lady? | 有遇到心仪的另一半吗 除了韦斯家的那位 |
[20:22] | Not me. | 我可没有 |
[20:23] | Ask Laurel. She’s single again. | 问问劳拉 她又单身了 |
[20:25] | You still haven’t heard from Frank? | 你还没有弗兰克的消息 |
[20:27] | – Nope. – I bet he’s living in South America, | -没 -他肯定正住在南美洲 |
[20:29] | just off the fat of the land, whacking bush. | 好吃好喝 在丛林探险 |
[20:32] | God, I miss that beard. | 我真怀念他的大胡子 |
[20:34] | I don’t. | 我可不想 |
[20:37] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[20:39] | Going to get it in with Meggy Weggy? | 准备去跟小梅梅来一发吗 |
[20:40] | That’s not her actual name, right? | 人家真名才不叫这个 好吗 |
[20:42] | It’s Megan or Margaret. | 是梅根或是玛格丽特 |
[20:44] | I’m gonna go work on Karim’s case. | 我要去准备克里姆的案子 |
[20:46] | Who chooses to call themselves Meggy? | 谁会给自己起名叫梅吉啊 |
[20:53] | Am I hitting the spot? | 我按对位置了吗 |
[20:54] | Oh, God, yes. | 天啊 就是那 |
[21:00] | Someone put up a flier of me on campus. | 有人在学校里发了我的传单 |
[21:04] | It said “Killer.” | 上面写着”凶手” |
[21:08] | Don’t worry. It’s probably just some student whose feelings I hurt. | 别担心 可能只是玻璃心的学生干的 |
[21:12] | You tell the new president? | 你告诉新校长了吗 |
[21:13] | So she has reason to be up my ass again? No. | 好让她有理由找我麻烦吗 当然没有 |
[21:21] | It’s harassment, Annalise. | 这是骚扰 安娜丽丝 |
[21:22] | I knew I shouldn’t have told you. | 我就知道不该告诉你的 |
[21:24] | All I’m saying is, | 我的意思是 |
[21:25] | whoever did this could be unstable. | 做这件事的人可能很危险 |
[21:28] | I’m unstable. | 我就很危险 |
[21:30] | Maybe they need to be protected from me. | 也许应该保护他们不受我的伤害 |
[21:38] | Your turn. | 该你了 |
[21:41] | I said roll over. | 翻过身去 |
[21:51] | Oh, my God, that feels good. | 天啊 感觉真好 |
[22:07] | – Sorry to barge in. – What now? | -抱歉打扰了 -又怎么了 |
[22:09] | Well, you know how I’m not really talking to my mom? | 你知道我不怎么和我妈说话吧 |
[22:11] | Uh, well, that means I’m not getting any support from her, | 这就意味着我得不到她的资助 |
[22:14] | uh, financially, and with next year’s tuition due… | 而明年的学费该交了 |
[22:17] | I need a loan, basically. | 我需要借笔钱 |
[22:21] | You think I’m joking? | 你觉得我在开玩笑 |
[22:22] | No. I think you’re serious. | 不 我知道你是认真的 |
[22:24] | Please, Annalise, I’m really struggling here. | 拜托 安娜丽丝 我现在很困难 |
[22:26] | Yeah, because your white ass has struggled a day in its life. | 没错 小白脸活那么大终于生活困难了 |
[22:29] | Okay, my white ass is only in this position because of you. | 我这个小白脸变成现在这样全赖你 |
[22:33] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[22:35] | My dad was perfectly happy to pay my way, | 以前我爸十分乐意负担我一路读书 |
[22:37] | but now he’s dead – because I chose you over him. | 可现在他死了 因为我选了你而没选他 |
[22:39] | Well, that’s your version of the truth, not mine. | 这是你的片面之词 我不这么看 |
[22:41] | You need some money? Get a job, like everyone else. | 你缺钱是吗 就像其他人那样打工挣吧 |
[22:46] | Jerk. | 混蛋 |
[22:49] | I should’ve looked into Karim’s public defender, | 我本该调查克里姆的公设辩护律师 |
[22:51] | argued ineffective assistance of counsel. | 说他提供无效法律援助 |
[22:52] | My perfect breasts are in your face, | 我这对美胸就在你面前 |
[22:55] | and you want to talk about the case? | 而你却想谈案子 |
[22:56] | Right. Stay put. | 对了 保持 |
[22:58] | We got options. | 还有别的选择 |
[23:03] | The Extender — not that I need it. | 增补剂 虽然我不需要 |
[23:05] | Are those from the bowl in the hallway? | 是从走廊那个碗里拿的吗 |
[23:06] | Just one of the perks of the new crib. | 新住处的众多好处之一 |
[23:08] | Asher! Are you in there? | 亚设 你在吗 |
[23:10] | Ignore her. | 别理她 |
[23:11] | Sorry. I’m on duty. | 抱歉 我在值班 |
[23:15] | – Miladies. – Show him. | -女士们 -给他看 |
[23:17] | If it’s a rash, you go to the infirmary for that. | 如果是皮疹 那就去医务室 |
[23:19] | Chad texted her back, but she doesn’t know what it means. | 查德回了短信 但她不明白这什么意思 |
[23:22] | It means he’s over me, right? | 说明他不要我了 对吧 |
[23:23] | Look, we’re gonna have to have a conversation later | 听我说 我们以后要谈谈 |
[23:25] | about… having conversations. | 什么时候谈话 |
[23:26] | But now I need you to peer-process this. | 但现在我希望你们好朋友一起处理 |
[23:32] | Hey, what are you doing? Get naked! | 你干嘛呢 脱光光呀 |
[23:34] | I’m a grown-ass woman. | 我是成年女性 |
[23:35] | I can’t be having sex in dorm rooms. | 没法在宿舍做爱 |
[23:37] | Uh, of course you can. | 你当然可以 |
[23:38] | Otherwise, you’re just discriminating against me | 还是说我现在没钱了 |
[23:39] | ’cause I’m poor now. | 你看不起我 |
[23:41] | Welcome to America. | 欢迎来到美国 |
[23:54] | Don’t worry. You can’t mess this up. | 别担心 不会搞砸的 |
[23:56] | Because there’s no way to win. | 反正也赢不了 |
[23:59] | The defense only wins 3% of the cases in this court, | 这间法庭里辩方胜诉率只有3% |
[24:02] | which means you literally have nothing to lose. | 所以你本来就没有胜算 |
[24:07] | Just try to enjoy it. | 尽量享受就好 |
[24:13] | Karim Assaf is a good man — | 克里姆·阿萨夫是好人 |
[24:16] | a dedicated father, a kind neighbor. | 尽责的父亲 和善的邻居 |
[24:20] | He steps up when help is needed… | 乐于助人 |
[24:21] | This is so corny. Poor Karim. | 好老套的话 克里姆真可怜 |
[24:24] | Poor Karim’s children. | 克里姆的孩子们也可怜 |
[24:25] | He is a leader in his community. | 他是社区的领导 |
[24:27] | But you don’t have to take my word for it. | 但你不用信我的话 |
[24:29] | Take theirs. | 信他们的 |
[24:31] | The 15 people who’ve come to attest | 这15位朋友前来为我当事人的 |
[24:33] | to the upstanding character of my client. | 正直品德作证 |
[24:36] | Okay, he’s kind of killing it. | 看来是没戏了 |
[24:37] | Each person you see here has their own story | 他们每一位都亲身感受过 |
[24:40] | of his selflessness, generosity, good citizenship, | 克里姆的无私慷慨及优秀的公民意识 |
[24:44] | and, above all, his integrity. | 以及最突出的正直高尚 |
[24:47] | She’s so predictable. | 意料之中啊 |
[24:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:50] | I know how to win. | 我知道怎么赢 |
[24:53] | I was thinking about the drug charge, | 我一直在想那个毒品指控 |
[24:54] | how if we could prove Karim’s public defender | 如何才能证明克里姆的公设辩护律师 |
[24:56] | provided ineffective assistance of counsel — | 提供了无效法律援助 |
[24:58] | Hey, that was my idea. | 那可是我的想法 |
[25:00] | Except you didn’t go to the public defender | 但你没去找那个公设辩护律师 |
[25:02] | to record him saying this. | 录下他说这段话 |
[25:03] | Did you or did you not tell your client | 你有没有告知你的当事人 |
[25:05] | that pleading guilty would cost him his green card? | 承认有罪的话会导致他被取消绿卡 |
[25:07] | I’m saying I don’t know! | 我说了我不知道 |
[25:09] | He doesn’t remember. | 他不记得 |
[25:10] | But Padilla v. Kentucky says defense attorneys | 但根据帕迪拉诉肯塔基州政府案 |
[25:12] | must advise clients about risks of deportation | 在承认有罪之前辩方律师必须告知当事人 |
[25:14] | when pleading guilty. | 他有可能会被驱逐出境 |
[25:15] | – Mr. Drake, you’re out. – What?! | -德里克先生 你出局了 -什么 |
[25:17] | Ms. Pratt just turned this case on its head. | 普拉特女士刚翻转了局面 |
[25:19] | Bonnie, you take my place. Mr. Walsh, with me. | 邦尼 你替我 沃什先生 跟我来 |
[25:21] | You two, stall. | 你们俩 拖 |
[25:26] | I’d like to call the defense’s first witness to the stand — | 我要传唤辩方的第一位证人出庭 |
[25:29] | Mr. Nasim Darwish, | 纳西姆·达尔维什先生 |
[25:31] | our client’s imam at his mosque. | 我方当事人在清真寺的领拜者 |
[25:33] | You just give the name, young lady — | 只用说名字就行了 年轻女士 |
[25:34] | no biography. | 不用介绍 |
[25:35] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:36] | Did you or did you not tell your client | 你有没有告知你的当事人 |
[25:38] | that pleading guilty would cost him his green card? | 承认有罪的话会导致他被取消绿卡 |
[25:40] | I’m saying I don’t know! | 我说了我不知道 |
[25:41] | Sign the motion to vacate, I’ll be out of your hair. | 签了撤诉提议 我就不烦你了 |
[25:44] | He said, “I don’t know.” | 他说的是”我不知道” |
[25:44] | That doesn’t mean he didn’t tell your client. | 不代表他没有告知你的当事人 |
[25:46] | Doesn’t mean he did, either. | 也不代表他说了 |
[25:48] | I need my boss to sign off on it. | 我需要我上司来签 |
[25:49] | And let’s face it, Annalise — he’s not about to help you | 但承认吧 安娜丽丝 他不会想帮你的 |
[25:53] | after all the crap you put us through this year. | 你今年可害我们吃了不少苦头 |
[25:55] | And what does Mr. Assaf do at your hardware store? | 阿萨夫先生在你的五金店做什么工作 |
[25:58] | He’s our stockroom manager. | 他是我们的仓库经理 |
[26:00] | And just what does that job entail? | 这份工作的职责是什么 |
[26:04] | Uh…taking care of the stockroom. | 打点仓库 |
[26:06] | The defense calls Myriam Mahmoud-Faizan to the stand. | 辩护方传唤玛丽亚姆·穆罕默德·法赞 |
[26:10] | – Carol Lunn. – Jodie Mayer. | -卡萝尔·伦恩 -朱迪·迈耶 |
[26:12] | – Khalid El Baur. – Ashley Chang. | -哈利德·鲍尔 – 艾希莉·张 |
[26:14] | – Owen Marconi. – Katrina Barberi. | -欧文·马可尼 -卡崔娜·巴博瑞 |
[26:15] | – Makram Azia. -Gina Brown. | -马克拉姆·阿诗娅 -吉娜·布朗 |
[26:16] | – Faraj Shah. – Steven Mason. | -法拉吉·沙 -史蒂文·梅森 |
[26:17] | Jamal Ibrahim. | 贾马尔·易卜拉欣 |
[26:18] | This is what we’ll do. | 这么着吧 |
[26:19] | Drop the original charge to possession only. | 把原来的指控改成只是持有 |
[26:21] | You get your guilty plea, but it’s a misdemeanor now. | 你拿到你的认罪协议 但这回只是轻罪 |
[26:23] | That way, my client has a chance of remaining with his family. | 这样我的委托人就能继续和他的家人在一起 |
[26:26] | Everyone wins. | 皆大欢喜 |
[26:28] | What about the daughter? | 女儿怎么办 |
[26:29] | I can make her cry on the stand. | 我能让她在证人席上掉眼泪 |
[26:30] | Or she’ll end up telling the truth. | 她也可能直接把实话说出来 |
[26:33] | Ms. Winterbottom, either call your next witness | 温特波顿小姐 要么传唤下一个证人 |
[26:36] | or I’m making my decision. | 要么我就宣布判决了 |
[26:42] | We’d like to call Faiza Assaf, Your Honor. | 我们想传唤法伊扎·阿萨夫 法官大人 |
[26:46] | I told Annalise she can’t testify. | 我跟安娜丽丝说了不能让她出庭作证 |
[26:47] | It’ll buy us time. | 能拖延时间 |
[26:51] | Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 你愿发誓所说的一切字字属实 |
[26:53] | and nothing but the truth? | 没有任何假话 |
[26:55] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[26:57] | Your Honor, I have a new plea to present to the court. | 法官大人 我想呈上新的认罪协议 |
[26:59] | Approach. | 上前来 |
[27:00] | This reduces Mr. Assaf’s felony to a misdemeanor, | 这将阿萨夫先生的重罪降成了轻罪 |
[27:03] | which makes him eligible to remain in the country. | 这样他就能继续留在这个国家 |
[27:05] | I move for his immediate release. | 请求立即释放他 |
[27:07] | Your Honor, Mr. Assaf pled guilty | 法官大人 几个月前阿萨夫先生 |
[27:09] | to this charge months ago. | 已经认罪了 |
[27:11] | Let’s take a recess, and I’ll give my decision after. | 休庭 之后我会做出判决 |
[27:16] | Mr. Walsh. | 沃什先生 |
[27:19] | We’re gonna win this thing, right? | 我们能赢的 对吧 |
[27:21] | Who the hell knows? | 鬼知道 |
[27:22] | We need to talk about your boyfriend. | 我们得谈谈你的男朋友 |
[27:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:25] | I’m gonna hire him. | 我准备雇他了 |
[27:28] | No. | 不行 |
[27:29] | You looked me in the eye and promised me — | 你看着我的眼睛答应了我 |
[27:31] | Do you know he deleted your Stanford acceptance? | 你知道他把你斯坦福的录取信给删了吗 |
[27:34] | And he has the capacity to hack my files — God forbid. | 他还有能力黑进我的文件 真是反天了 |
[27:39] | Point is, he’s farther down the rabbit hole than we thought. | 重点是 他比我们所想地陷得更深 |
[27:43] | I’ll hire him to work in the clinic, | 我会雇他在法律中心工作 |
[27:45] | we’ll bury him in busywork. | 会让他顾不暇接的 |
[27:47] | No more sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. | 这样就不会问东问西 |
[27:50] | Sound good? | 如何 |
[28:13] | They’re not gonna file anything. | 他们不会起诉的 |
[28:16] | Get up. | 起来 |
[28:17] | Michaela. | 米凯拉 |
[28:19] | I know now why you’re not supposed to meet your heroes. | 我终于明白为什么人不该见到自己的偶像 |
[28:21] | You’re gonna pick a fight | 我刚帮你这个酒鬼 |
[28:22] | after I saved your drunk ass from jail? | 免了牢狱之灾 你就想挑事吗 |
[28:24] | I was drunk. I am totally sober now. | 我是喝多了 但我现在清醒了 |
[28:27] | Say what you need to say. | 随你怎么说 |
[28:30] | No. | 不 |
[28:31] | This is a child’s behavior. You’re better than this. | 你这是在耍小孩脾气 你比这强 |
[28:33] | Oh, my God! Was that a compliment? | 老天 这是在表扬我吗 |
[28:35] | You’re very smart and pretty. Is that what you want to hear? | 你又聪明又漂亮 你就想听这句吗 |
[28:37] | Get in the car! | 上车 |
[28:38] | God! | 老天 |
[28:40] | You can’t just expect us to be like you! | 你不能指望我们都像你一样 |
[28:42] | I am trying — I am — | 我在努力 真的 |
[28:44] | but the idea that we’re just supposed to go back to being normal, | 但让我们装作一切正常 |
[28:47] | become stupid lawyers… | 变成普通的律师 |
[28:49] | Well, I’m not normal anymore! | 可惜我不再普通了 |
[28:50] | You were never normal! | 你从未普通过 |
[28:51] | You just didn’t know it until now. | 你只是现在才知道而已 |
[28:54] | God, you’re such a bitch. | 天啊 你真是个贱人 |
[28:58] | You were strong enough to run away from a bad family, | 你那么坚强 逃离了糟糕的家庭 |
[29:00] | so you’re strong enough to get through this. | 所以你一定能够坚持过去 |
[29:03] | That’s why I never worried about you. | 正因如此我才从不担心你 |
[29:08] | Next time you want to drink yourself silly, call me. | 下次你想把自己喝到酩酊 找我 |
[29:11] | I have a full liquor cabinet, | 我有满满一酒柜的酒 |
[29:12] | and I won’t let you drive home drunk. | 也不会让你酒驾回家 |
[29:14] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[29:16] | Now let’s go. | 走吧 |
[29:18] | We look like we’re working the corner at this point. | 这时候我们看着像站街妓女一样 |
[29:31] | We are back on the record | 我们继续进行克里姆·阿萨夫 |
[29:32] | in the deportation proceeding of Karim Assaf. | 被驱逐出境案的审理 |
[29:35] | Mr. Assaf, it troubles me deeply | 阿萨夫先生 让我困惑的是 |
[29:37] | that you pled guilty to a distribution charge | 你之前承认自己犯下贩毒罪行 |
[29:40] | you’re now saying you did not commit. | 你现在却说你没有做 |
[29:42] | Can you tell me why you did this? | 你能告诉我这么做的原因吗 |
[29:44] | I hoped it would minimize the chances of me getting deported. | 我希望能最大程度降低自己被驱逐的可能 |
[29:47] | So you lied under oath? | 所以你破誓撒谎了 |
[29:48] | Your Honor, I think you should stick to the law. | 法官阁下 我认为您该专注法律问题 |
[29:49] | Yes. And I am sorry for that. | 的确 很抱歉我撒谎了 |
[29:52] | Mr. Assaf, this admission calls into question your integrity, | 阿萨夫先生 你的这番话将影响你的诚信 |
[29:55] | as well as everything positive | 还有今天在法庭上 |
[29:57] | that was said about you in this courtroom today. | 一切对你有利的证词之可信度 |
[30:00] | I’ve therefore come to the conclusion that, | 我得出结论认为 |
[30:02] | despite the excessive community support shown here… | 尽管你有大量社区群众支持 |
[30:07] | I’m going to order your deportation. | 我还是将下令驱逐你出境 |
[30:09] | Objection! The prior felony has been vacated! | 反对 前述重罪指控已被取消 |
[30:11] | – Sit down. – Judge, there’s no legal obligation! | -坐下 -法官阁下 他没有法律责任 |
[30:13] | – Enough! – This is up to your discretion! | -够了 -这取决于您的裁决 |
[30:18] | – Just let me tell them the truth! – Stop it! | -让我告诉他们真相 -别说了 |
[30:20] | But nothing about this makes sense! | 这一切都毫无道理 |
[30:21] | It’s such a waste. | 太可惜了 |
[30:23] | Justice is the exception. | 正义是例外 |
[30:25] | You should know that by now. | 到现在你应该清楚这一点 |
[30:27] | Take the anger that you’re feeling | 把你感受到的愤怒 |
[30:29] | and put it into your next case. | 用在下一个案子里吧 |
[30:51] | So… you’re gonna be mad, | 所以…你可能会很生气 |
[30:53] | but Annalise offered me a job, | 但安娜丽丝给了我一份工作 |
[30:54] | and I want to take it, so… | 我很想接受 所以… |
[30:56] | Yeah, she told me. | 她跟我说了 |
[30:59] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我觉得这很棒 |
[31:02] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[31:04] | Yeah. I do. | 没错 |
[31:06] | She also told me about Stanford. | 她还跟我说了斯坦福的事 |
[31:13] | Is it true? | 这是真的吗 |
[31:19] | All right, here’s the thing. | 好吧 这么说吧 |
[31:22] | The fact that you felt that you had to do that, | 你觉得你必须那么做 |
[31:26] | I mean, that tells me that, you know, | 这也让我明白 |
[31:28] | I just — I wasn’t listening when you said | 我没有把你说你不想搬家的话 |
[31:30] | that you didn’t want to move. | 听进去 |
[31:31] | I was just putting my feelings before yours. | 我把自己的感受放在你的感受之上了 |
[31:35] | And I’m sorry for that. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:40] | You’re sorry? | 你很抱歉 |
[31:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:48] | This… | 这样 |
[31:49] | This isn’t okay. | 这样可不对 |
[31:52] | You get to be angry. | 你应该很生气才对 |
[31:53] | – But I’m not. – Well, you should be. | -但我不生气 -你应该生气 |
[31:55] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[31:56] | Anybody who hears this story! | 所有听了这件事的人 |
[31:59] | I stole an amazing opportunity from you — | 我偷走了你一个很棒的机会 |
[32:00] | Yeah, and — and I’m forgiving you. | 没错 但我原谅你了 |
[32:01] | Which isn’t okay! | 这样不对 |
[32:02] | You should be pissed off. | 你应该很生气 |
[32:05] | And — and yelling. | 还朝我吼 |
[32:06] | But the fact that you’re not is… | 你居然不生气 |
[32:08] | Maybe we’re just both messed up, | 或许我们都被毁了 |
[32:10] | or the sex is so good that we can’t see it, | 或滚床单体验太好以致忽略了此事 |
[32:13] | but this is not what a healthy relationship looks like. | 但健康的关系不应该是这样的 |
[32:16] | We’re the best relationship that I know. | 这是我所知道的最好的恋情 |
[32:17] | Well, then, that’s really sad. | 那真是太悲伤了 |
[32:19] | How is that sad? I love you, Oliver. | 为什么悲伤 我爱你奥利弗 |
[32:22] | Seriously? That’s your response to finding out I lied to you? | 真的吗 发现我对你说谎后你就这反应 |
[32:25] | – Everyone lies in relationships. – No. No. | -所有人在恋爱中都会说谎 -不 |
[32:28] | I don’t. | 我不会 |
[32:29] | Or, at least, I don’t want to be someone who does. | 或者至少我不想变成说谎的人 |
[32:31] | So… | 所以… |
[32:34] | “So”? | 所以 |
[32:37] | “So” what? | 所以怎样 |
[32:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[32:47] | I love you so much. | 我很爱你 |
[32:48] | Okay, now you’re scaring me. | 你现在吓到我了 |
[32:50] | Just — Hey, let me say this. | 听我说完 |
[32:52] | You’ve been so good to me. | 你一直对我很好 |
[32:55] | Like, you stayed with me | 比如陪伴我度过 |
[32:57] | even when most guys would’ve run, | 大部分人会逃避的困难时期 |
[32:59] | but…you didn’t even bat an eye. | 但你毫不犹疑 |
[33:03] | You just loved me. | 你就是爱着我 |
[33:05] | And you loved me back. | 你也以爱回报我 |
[33:06] | I know, but I’m different now than when we first met. | 我知道 我已经不是我们初识的那个人了 |
[33:09] | – How is that my fault? – It’s not your fault. | -那怎么怪我 -不怪你 |
[33:10] | I just don’t know who I am anymore. | 我只是迷失了自我 |
[33:12] | We all go through that — | 我们患难与共 |
[33:13] | Yeah, but I think it would be better for me | 没错 但我觉得我一个人 |
[33:16] | if I went through it alone. | 渡过难关会更好 |
[33:24] | So, what? | 所以呢 |
[33:27] | You’re saying that you, uh… | 你想说你… |
[33:28] | Do you want to take a break or something? | 你想缓一阵子还是怎么 |
[33:34] | I think we should break up. | 我们应该分手 |
[33:47] | Professor Keating. | 基廷教授 |
[33:48] | I’m so sorry to make you wait. | 抱歉让您久等了 |
[33:50] | You’re the new president. Everyone wants a piece of you. | 你是新校长 大家都想见见你 |
[33:53] | Congratulations, by the way. | 顺便说一句 恭喜 |
[33:54] | Thank you. Let’s see how long I last. | 谢谢 看我能当多久 |
[33:57] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[33:59] | Well, first… | 好吧 首先… |
[34:01] | let me say I’m an admirer. | 我得说我很仰慕你 |
[34:05] | You’ve broken many a glass ceiling on this campus. | 你多次突破了这座校园的阻力 |
[34:08] | That’s nice but not true. | 这话很好听 但不是实话 |
[34:11] | Take the compliment. | 我发自内心的 |
[34:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:14] | You’re wondering why you’re here. | 你在想为什么被叫到这儿来 |
[34:16] | I am. | 确实 |
[34:20] | We’ve decided to transition you into a research position this year | 我们决定今年将你转到研究岗位 |
[34:24] | and have a new professor teach Introduction to Criminal Law. | 请一位新教授上《刑法导论》 |
[34:27] | I wanted you to hear it directly from me, | 我想直接告诉你 |
[34:29] | as I know how important that class is to you. | 因为我知道你很重视这门课 |
[34:32] | We simply think it’s the best decision for you | 我们只是觉得这个决定最适合你 |
[34:35] | and the university. | 最有利于大学 |
[34:36] | Because you know what’s best for me? | 你知道什么最适合我 |
[34:39] | I’m on your side, Annalise. | 我在帮你 安娜丽丝 |
[34:41] | There’s not that many of us — | 许多人都不会这样 |
[34:43] | Then fire me for real. | 那就直接解雇我 |
[34:44] | Nobody wants that. | 没人这么想 |
[34:45] | Then what do you want? | 那你想怎样 |
[34:48] | Because it seems to me you’re punishing | 因为我觉得你这是在惩罚 |
[34:50] | one of your most esteemed professors | 你最受尊敬的教授之一 |
[34:52] | due to tragedies in her personal life. | 只是因为她私生活的惨剧 |
[34:53] | Actually… it’s precisely | 其实确切说来 |
[34:58] | because of your performance as a professor | 正是因为你作为教授的表现 |
[35:00] | that we’ve made this decision. | 我们才做了这个决定 |
[35:03] | The students who work at your firm | 在你的律所工作的学生 |
[35:04] | have historically graduated at the top of their class. | 过去都是作为尖子生毕业的 |
[35:08] | The five from this year, however, | 但是今年这五个 |
[35:11] | all rank in the bottom 10%. | 都在最后10% |
[35:13] | {\an9劳拉·卡斯蒂洛 米凯拉·普拉特 康纳尔·沃什 韦斯·吉宾斯 亚设·米尔斯顿 | |
[35:17] | How about a pro bono clinic? | 办一个提供无偿服务的法律中心如何 |
[35:19] | Annalise. | 安娜丽丝 |
[35:19] | My reputation’s a concern for you. That’s clear. | 你显然很在意我的名声 |
[35:22] | So why not give me a chance to repair it? | 那不如给我机会补救 |
[35:26] | I’ll circle back with the others, | 我再和其他人谈一遍 |
[35:28] | let you know what they think. | 让你知道他们的想法 |
[36:04] | You see this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[36:08] | 教授变成诽谤目标 诽谤海报席卷校园 | |
[36:10] | Good thing it’s not a real newspaper. | 好在这不是真正的报纸 |
[36:14] | The president contact you yet? | 校长联系过你了吗 |
[36:16] | I’m ignoring her calls. | 我一直没接她的电话 |
[36:33] | You think it’s Frank putting them up? | 你觉得是弗兰克贴的吗 |
[36:41] | No. | 不 |
[36:45] | Because he’s dead? | 因为他死了吗 |
[36:48] | I’d understand. | 如果是的话我也能理解 |
[36:51] | He could destroy us all if he wanted. | 如果他想 他可以毁掉我们 |
[36:55] | Like I don’t know that. | 说得好像我不知道一样 |
[37:03] | It’s all Sam’s fault. | 都是山姆的错 |
[37:06] | He’s the one who made me hire Frank. | 是他让我雇弗兰克的 |
[37:09] | Now look. | 现在你看 |
[37:13] | I’m no killer, Bonnie. | 我不是杀人凶手 邦尼 |
[37:19] | And God forbid I let Frank make me into one. | 我不会让弗兰克把我变成那种人的 |
[37:26] | Bastard’s not worth it. | 那混蛋根本不配 |
[37:39] | Sorry. I…thought you were Meggy. | 抱歉 我以为是梅吉 |
[37:45] | You decorated? | 你装修过了 |
[37:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:47] | Meggy’s idea? | 梅吉的主意 |
[37:50] | She’s really nice. | 她真的很好 |
[37:52] | Nicer than me, you mean. | 你是说比我还好 |
[37:54] | I didn’t say that. | 我没有那么说 |
[37:54] | Why are you being such a jerk? | 你为什么这么混蛋 |
[37:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:01] | – I’ll go. – Laurel, I — | -我走 -劳拉 我… |
[38:02] | You won’t even respond to my texts! | 你甚至不回我的短信 |
[38:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:09] | I don’t want you to be sorry. | 我不用你说对不起 |
[38:10] | I just want you to talk to me. | 我只想让你和我说话 |
[38:12] | I want that, too. | 我也想那样 |
[38:13] | Well, then what’s wrong? | 那到底怎么回事 |
[38:16] | When I look at you… | 我看着你时 |
[38:20] | all I see is Frank. | 看到的全是弗兰克 |
[38:22] | And I need to forget what he did. | 我要忘记他的所作所为 |
[38:29] | I will never forgive him for what he did to you. | 我永远不会原谅他对你做的事 |
[38:31] | – You know that, right? – Of course. | -你知道的吧 -当然了 |
[38:33] | And I — I wish I didn’t… | 我真希望我没有… |
[38:37] | equate you with him. | 将你和他联系起来 |
[38:42] | I just… | 我只是… |
[38:50] | Meggy’s on her way. | 梅吉马上来了 |
[38:54] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[39:07] | I’m Laurel. I’m Wes’ friend. | 我是劳拉 我是韦斯的朋友 |
[39:09] | I was just here to drop off an outline — | 我是来送笔记的 |
[39:11] | Wait. Like, the Laurel? | 等等 你就是那个劳拉 |
[39:14] | Wes talks about you all the time. | 韦斯经常提起你 |
[39:16] | – He does? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[39:17] | And no handshakes. I’m a hugger. | 不要握手啦 我喜欢拥抱 |
[39:24] | Come here. | 过来 |
[39:34] | 发件人 马上回电 | |
[39:53] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[39:54] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[39:59] | So… | 那么… |
[40:02] | do or die. | 动不动手 |
[40:05] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[40:11] | You there? | 你还在吗 |
[40:15] | Annalise? | 安娜丽丝 |
[40:19] | Annalise? | 安娜丽丝 |
[40:22] | Hang up the phone! | 挂掉电话 |
[40:25] | I said hang up! | 我说挂掉 |
[40:40] | You got a creaky stair. | 你的楼梯都老化了 |
[40:41] | I can fix it if you want. | 如果你想的话我能帮你修好 |
[40:46] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:48] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[40:51] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[41:09] | I live here! Please! | 我住在这里 拜托 |
[41:11] | Ma’am! Just calm down! | 女士 冷静点 |
[41:13] | Who is it?! | 是谁 |
[41:23] | A little respect, please! | 给逝者一点尊重行吗 |
[41:25] | – Calm down! – Who is it? Tell me! | -冷静点 -是谁 告诉我 |
[41:27] | Tell me! | 告诉我 |
[41:34] | – Get her! – Hey! Ma’am! | -抓住她 -女士 |
[41:37] | Ma’am, let me just see. | 女士 让我看看 |
[41:37] | Ma’am, I’m not authorized to let you — | 女士 我无权让你… |
[41:39] | No, I know that. I live here. | 不 我知道 我住在这里 |
[42:00] | No! | 不 |
[42:02] | No! | 不 |
[42:04] | No!! | 不 |
[42:09] | No!! | 不 |
[42:13] | No! | 不 |
[42:16] | No!! | 不 |