时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | We’re gonna need you to do a psychiatric evaluation. | 我们需要给你做一份精神病评估 |
[00:05] | I just remember I wanted a slice of cake. | 我只记得我那时想吃一块蛋糕 |
[00:08] | We get to argue our insanity defense. | 我们有机会以精神病为由进行辩护 |
[00:11] | Just answer the question! Why me?! ? | 回答我 为什么是我 |
[00:13] | You know what?! | 你知道吗 |
[00:14] | I’m trying to change the damn world here! Literally! | 我在努力改变世界 不是闹着玩 |
[00:16] | Mr. Maddox, you’re now my second chair. | 马多克斯先生 你来做我的次辩 |
[00:18] | – It’s her kid, Annalise. – Her kid who was a product of rape. | -那是她的孩子 -她是被强奸受孕的 |
[00:21] | – Where’s her sister live? – Why do you care? | -她妹妹住在哪里 -你管这么多干什么 |
[00:23] | So we can find out what happened. | 这样才能知道到底怎么回事 |
[00:25] | It said your baby’s alive. | 说你的孩子还活着 |
[00:26] | Please tell me you don’t believe that. | 你不会相信了吧 |
[00:28] | I do. | 我信 |
[00:29] | Oliver to the dance floor! | 请奥利弗到舞池中央 |
[00:31] | Let’s all call him. He has to be close. | 打电话给他 他肯定在附近 |
[00:36] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[00:37] | Are you still here? | 你还在这吗 |
[01:06] | We’re gonna do a different type of case review today. | 今天我们换种分析案例的方式 |
[01:09] | We’re gonna call it an autopsy. | 就管它叫验尸 |
[01:11] | So let’s cut open the body | 让我们切开尸体 |
[01:12] | and see where we went wrong during the trial. | 找出我们在庭审时到底出了什么错 |
[01:15] | Sorry… | 抱歉 |
[01:17] | where I went wrong. | 我出了什么错 |
[01:21] | I needed to prove | 我需要证明 |
[01:23] | that my client was insane | 我的当事人 |
[01:27] | at the time that he murdered Gerald Reinhoff. | 在谋杀杰罗德·莱因霍夫时精神失常 |
[01:31] | So, what was my first mistake? | 那么 我犯的第一个错是什么 |
[01:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:37] | None of you thought | 你们没有一个人认为 |
[01:38] | that I made one mistake during this trial? | 我在庭审时犯了错 |
[01:41] | You screwed up with your very first decision. | 你在做第一个决定时就搞砸了 |
[01:43] | You mean replacing you as second chair with Mr. Maddox? | 你是指让马多克斯先生取代你做我的次辩律师 |
[01:48] | I guess I’m talking about your second decision, then. | 那看来我所说的是你的第二个决定 |
[01:51] | We have till noon tomorrow to tell the judge | 我们需要在明天中午前告诉法官 |
[01:53] | if we’re waiving our right to a jury at Senior’s trial. | 老内特的案子我们是否放弃陪审团由法官审判 |
[01:57] | So let’s hash it out — | 我们讨论下 |
[01:59] | who votes jury, who votes judge? | 谁选择陪审团 谁选法官审判 |
[02:00] | You always go with a judge on an insanity defense. | 在做精神失常辩护时一般都选法官审判 |
[02:03] | When have you ever known me to do what’s expected? | 你什么时候见过我按常理出过牌 |
[02:05] | Okay, but if you start throwing terms like “volitional act” | 好吧 但你一开始对陪审团谈意志行为 |
[02:07] | and “defect of reason” at a jury, you’ve already lost them. | 和理性缺损 你就失去他们的好感了 |
[02:09] | Yeah, but this case is about emotion, | 没错 但这案子的重点是情感 |
[02:11] | making people feel what Nate Senior felt | 要让人们感受到老内特 |
[02:13] | when he was losing his mind locked away in that cell. | 是如何在牢房里逐渐失去理智的 |
[02:14] | What is the biggest pitfall of Mr. Maddox’s strategy? | 马多克斯先生的策略最大的缺陷是什么 |
[02:17] | It’s nice, right? | 挺不错吧 |
[02:17] | – One, think about the emotion the jury will feel… – For a bar — | -先想想陪审团会作何感想 -以酒吧来说 |
[02:19] | Well, it’s cheap, and it’s available on the 15th. | 价格很便宜 而且15号还没人订 |
[02:21] | – We should book it. – My mom has a Church Retreat | -我们应该预定 -我妈每年过节的时候 |
[02:23] | every year around the holidays. | 都要参加教会活动 |
[02:23] | Do you think he’ll be on our side… | 你认为他会站在我们这边 |
[02:24] | I have to make sure she’s free. | 我得跟她确认她那天有空 |
[02:25] | – Or the prosecution’s? – For her son’s wedding? | -还是公诉方那边 -有空参加儿子的婚礼 |
[02:27] | Do you agree, Mr. Walsh? | 你同意吗 沃什先生 |
[02:29] | I’m sorry, what was the question? | 抱歉 问题是什么来着 |
[02:30] | Do you think Judge Coughlin will be biased against our case? | 你认为科福林法官会对我们的案子有偏见吗 |
[02:34] | I think whatever Gabriel thinks. | 我完全同意加布里尔的观点 |
[02:42] | I agree with Mr. Maddox, too. | 我也同意马多克斯先生的观点 |
[02:44] | So, I believe our best bet is a… | 那么我认为我们最好的选择就是 |
[02:46] | Jury trial. | 陪审团审判 |
[02:47] | Now, it’s a big swing, | 这场官司不好打 |
[02:49] | but your name is on the Supreme Court win, | 但最高法赢的案子里有你的名字 |
[02:51] | not to mention you’re a likable guy. | 更不用说你还很讨人喜欢 |
[02:53] | When he wants to be. | 如果他想让别人喜欢的话 |
[02:55] | Judges been messing with me my whole life. | 我这一辈子法官都一直跟我过不去 |
[02:58] | I finally get to take the stand in front of my peers. | 我总算能站在我的同胞面前出庭作证了 |
[03:02] | Well, that’s not what we’re saying. | 我们说的并不是这个 |
[03:03] | Our case is strong, | 我们的论据很有力 |
[03:04] | and we probably won’t even need to put you on the stand. | 可能我们根本不需要让你出庭作证 |
[03:08] | You don’t put your sane clients on the stand. | 精神正常的当事人你都不让他们出庭作证 |
[03:10] | Why make it seem like that was a possibility? | 为什么还说的好像还有那个可能 |
[03:12] | I tell my clients what they want to hear, and then I win, | 我告诉当事人他们想听的话 然后打赢官司 |
[03:14] | and they forget all about it. | 这些他们就都抛到脑后了 |
[03:15] | – I’m late. – How is she? | -我要迟到了 -她怎么样 |
[03:18] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[03:26] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[03:28] | You had one job! | 就只给了你一个任务 |
[03:31] | Bonnie? | 邦尼 |
[03:36] | You asleep? | 你睡了吗 |
[03:49] | I never wanted anything bad to come of this. | 我从没想过这件事会伤害到你 |
[03:53] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[03:57] | I thought I was doing this for you. | 我以为我这么做是为你好 |
[03:59] | Then why tell Annalise before me? | 那为什么在告诉我前先告诉了安娜丽丝 |
[04:02] | Annalise knows you the best. | 安娜丽丝最了解你 |
[04:04] | I thought maybe she could help me figure out that — | 我以为她说不定能帮我搞清 |
[04:06] | That I kidnapped my own baby? | 我绑架我自己的孩子 |
[04:10] | Or that I killed him? | 还是我杀了他 |
[04:11] | All I was trying to do is help you. | 我只是想帮你 |
[04:16] | You ripped open the part of my life | 你揭开了我的伤疤 |
[04:18] | that I killed myself to get past. | 我杀了过去的自己才让它愈合 |
[04:23] | And I got past it. | 那伤疤已经愈合了 |
[04:27] | I was good. | 我也挺好的 |
[04:30] | But now… | 但现在 |
[04:35] | What can I do? | 我能做些什么 |
[04:37] | That’s the problem. | 那就是问题所在 |
[04:41] | You did what you did and now I’m left with it. | 你已经做完了 现在只剩我来面对了 |
[04:48] | It’s always me that’s left with it. | 总是只剩我来面对 |
[04:51] | All right, hold up. | 等等 你别走 |
[04:54] | Bonnie. | 邦尼 |
[05:04] | She’s probably at her boyfriend’s. | 她可能在她男朋友家 |
[05:06] | Or she drove off a bridge. | 或者跳桥了 |
[05:09] | Or went to Julie’s and drove her off a bridge. | 或者去朱莉家然后把她推下桥了 |
[05:16] | Where the hell’d you go? | 你去哪了 |
[05:19] | Nate’s. | 内特家 |
[05:21] | I’m going to sleep. | 我要去睡了 |
[05:23] | Bonnie… | 邦尼 |
[05:26] | I’m not gonna do anything stupid. | 我不会做傻事的 |
[05:35] | I’ll hide all the razor blades. | 我会把所有刀片都藏起来的 |
[05:39] | Nate? | 内特 |
[05:41] | – No, my 2L. – Calling this late? | -不是 我的二年级学生 -这么晚 |
[05:42] | Oh, well, he’s my new favorite, so he’s allowed. | 他是我的新宠 所以他可以给我打电话 |
[05:45] | – What? – Prosecution just sent over their new witness list. | -什么事 -公诉方刚送来新的证人名单 |
[05:48] | – They added a new name. – Who? | -加了个新证人 -是谁 |
[05:50] | You also failed to properly prepare | 另外你没有准备好盘问 |
[05:52] | for the prosecution’s first witness. | 公诉方的第一个证人 |
[05:53] | You mean their hostile witness? | 你是说他们的敌对证人 |
[05:55] | I mean your client’s son — | 我说的是你的委托人的儿子 |
[05:56] | Nate Lahey, Junior. | 小内特·勒西 |
[05:58] | You knew about his complicated history with his father, | 你明明了解他和他父亲的复杂关系 |
[06:01] | and yet you failed to grill him before he took the stand. | 但你却没有在他上庭作证之前好好审问 |
[06:03] | She did. I was there. | 她审了 我当时在场 |
[06:05] | Okay, well, then I guess she did a bad job | 那只能说她没有审好 |
[06:07] | considering the bomb the prosecution dropped. | 毕竟公诉方弄出这么个幺蛾子 |
[06:09] | How could she have seen that coming? | 她怎么能够料到这一出 |
[06:11] | I don’t know, second chair. | 我怎么知道 次辩律师 |
[06:12] | I guess that was your job. | 那是你的责任 |
[06:14] | Mr. Lahey, how old were you when you discovered | 勒西先生 当你发现父亲贩毒时 |
[06:17] | your father sold drugs? | 你多大 |
[06:19] | I don’t recall. | 我记不清了 |
[06:20] | But you’re not disputing the fact | 但你没有反对你知道 |
[06:21] | that you were aware that your father was a drug dealer | 你父亲是个贩卖大麻和可卡因的毒贩 |
[06:23] | of marijuana and crack? | 这个事实 |
[06:26] | My pops dropped out of school when he was 16 | 我爸在16岁时就退学 |
[06:28] | to box professionally. | 去做职业拳击手了 |
[06:30] | When that didn’t pay the bills, | 靠拳击赚的钱不够时 |
[06:32] | there weren’t a lot of other options. | 可选择的选项并不多 |
[06:33] | When you father was living at home with you, | 当你父亲和你一起生活时 |
[06:35] | what was his mood around the house? | 他在家时的情绪是怎么样 |
[06:37] | Was he angry? | 他是否有怒气 |
[06:38] | Objection! You can’t testify to someone else’s state of mind. | 反对 你不能为他人的情绪状态作证 |
[06:41] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[06:42] | He was a boxer, though. | 他终归是个拳击手 |
[06:44] | Must’ve knocked you around a bit, yeah? | 一定对你有些粗手粗脚吧 |
[06:45] | He was a boxer in the ring only. | 他只在赛场上打拳 |
[06:48] | Never took his work home with him. | 从不把工作的事带回家 |
[06:49] | So you’re saying you felt your home was a safe place? | 所以在你看来 家是个安全的地方 |
[06:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:54] | Your Honor, I’d like to introduce as evidence | 法官阁下 我向您呈上一份证据 |
[06:56] | – a letter written by the witness — – Objection! | -这是出自证人之手的一封信件 -反对 |
[06:58] | This letter wasn’t in any of the discovery. | 我们没有收到关于该信件的任何消息 |
[07:00] | The letter has only just now become relevant, Your Honor. | 该信件刚刚才成为相关证据 法官阁下 |
[07:02] | All right, both of you up to the bench. | 你们两个都上前来 |
[07:04] | Now. | 现在 |
[07:06] | They buried that letter on purpose. | 他们是故意隐藏的那封信 |
[07:08] | There was nothing she could’ve done. | 她对此无能为力 |
[07:09] | She could’ve gotten it thrown out as hearsay. | 她可以将此作为传闻证据驳回 |
[07:11] | Her only option was to challenge its relevance. | 她当时只能对相关性作出质疑 |
[07:12] | How is this letter relevant at all? | 这封信怎么就有关了 |
[07:14] | It’s written by the defendant’s son. | 这是被告儿子的亲笔书信 |
[07:15] | A year before the murder in question. | 这是在案发前一年写的 |
[07:17] | This letter is permissible to show lack of accident, | 这封信可以证明事出有因 |
[07:19] | perhaps even motive. | 甚至是动机 |
[07:20] | It is character evidence — | 这是品格证据 |
[07:21] | It’s character assassination, Judge. | 这是品格伏击 法官阁下 |
[07:23] | The whole point of this exercise is to figure out | 这堂课的目的就是想搞清楚 |
[07:25] | where you and Professor Keating went wrong. | 你和基廷教授哪里做错了 |
[07:27] | Why are you getting so defensive? | 你为什么这么有防御性 |
[07:28] | ‘Cause that’s what a real lawyer does — | 因为这就是真正的律师所要做的 |
[07:29] | defends their client. | 为他们的委托人辩护 |
[07:30] | You’re not a real lawyer. | 你才不是个真正的律师 |
[07:32] | You’re just her little mini-me. | 你只是她的小跟班 |
[07:34] | – Sit down — – No. You hid in the back of that courtroom | -坐下 -不 你在庭审时像个婴儿一样 |
[07:36] | like a baby the entire case, | 缩在法庭某个角落里 |
[07:38] | and now you have something to say? | 现在竟然出来说三道四 |
[07:39] | And you sat shotgun and let her drive this case | 而你坐在她旁边 任由她 |
[07:41] | straight off a cliff. | 把整个案子搞砸 |
[07:42] | I said sit down! | 我说了坐下 |
[07:44] | This is a law school… | 这是法学院 |
[07:47] | not a daycare. | 不是托儿所 |
[07:49] | The judge ruled against us. | 法官已经做出了不利判决 |
[07:51] | So, what could I have done next? | 那我下面应该怎么做 |
[07:52] | Mr. Lahey, you testified that you felt safe at home, | 勒西先生 你之前作证你在家能感到安全 |
[07:56] | but you wrote this letter to your father’s Parole Board | 但你14岁时给你父亲的假释委员会 |
[07:59] | when you were 14. | 写了这封信 |
[08:00] | Would you please read the second paragraph? | 能请你再读一遍第二段吗 |
[08:04] | “I was told to write this letter | “别人叫我写这封信 |
[08:06] | “to convince you to let my pops come home. | “说服你们让我爸回家 |
[08:09] | “But I don’t want him to come home. | “但我不想让他回家 |
[08:10] | “My moms and I are doing good without him, | “没有他 我妈和我过得不错 |
[08:12] | “but that will all change | “但如果你们相信他的谎言 |
[08:14] | “if you believe his lies and let him out.” | “放他出来 情况就不一样了” |
[08:19] | “Please just know I feel safer… | “他关在里面 |
[08:24] | “with him behind bars.” | “我感觉更安全” |
[08:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:30] | You did this on purpose, didn’t you? | 你故意的 对吧 |
[08:32] | You heard what I said on the stand. | 你听到我的证词了 |
[08:33] | I-I don’t remember writing it. | 我不记得我写了这封信 |
[08:34] | Yeah, well I remember everything that happened after that. | 我记得那之后的所有事情 |
[08:36] | I was supposed to win that parole hearing! | 本来我能赢那次假释听证会的 |
[08:39] | We’ll never know if that letter | 我们都不会知道 |
[08:40] | was the reason you lost the hearing — | 那封信是不是你输掉的原因了 |
[08:41] | You want to know what happened after that? Huh? | 你想知道那之后发生了什么吗 |
[08:43] | I started picking fights with everybody, | 我开始跟所有人找碴 |
[08:44] | disrespecting the guards. | 不尊重警卫 |
[08:46] | That’s when they put me in the SHU. | 然后他们就把我关进禁闭室 |
[08:50] | All of this… | 所有这些 |
[08:54] | Me losing my mind, | 我失去理智 |
[08:56] | me killing that man — | 杀了那个人 |
[08:59] | all of this because of you and that letter. | 这些都是因为你和那封信 |
[09:05] | You finished? | 你说完了吗 |
[09:06] | ‘Cause we still have a case to win. | 我们还有个案子要赢呢 |
[09:08] | Keep him away from me. | 让他离我远点 |
[09:11] | I don’t want to see his face again. | 我不想再看到他 |
[09:12] | You better want to, because it’s his face | 你最好还是得想看到他 |
[09:15] | the jury needs to see in that courtroom — | 毕竟陪审团得要在法庭上看到他的脸 |
[09:17] | someone who loves you. | 爱你的人的脸 |
[09:19] | Otherwise you’re the bastard who turned on his own son. | 不然你就是个背弃自己儿子的混蛋 |
[09:32] | Professor Keating, my criticism | 基廷教授 |
[09:34] | isn’t that you didn’t get the letter thrown out, | 我的意见不是你没驳回那封信 |
[09:36] | but that you didn’t go at the witness hard enough during your cross. | 而是你没有在交叉盘问时对证人足够强硬 |
[09:39] | How is discrediting the defendant’s son, | 诋毁被告的儿子 |
[09:41] | someone on our witness list, helping to win over the jury? | 我们的证人 怎么能让陪审团相信我们 |
[09:43] | Desperate times call for desperate measures. | 走投无路也只能用特殊手段 |
[09:45] | A good lawyer should never be desperate. | 好的律师不应该走投无路 |
[09:47] | Professor Keating lost this round because of one reason — | 基廷教授这轮输了是因为 |
[09:49] | she didn’t see the letter coming. | 她没有预见到这封信 |
[09:51] | Why didn’t I see it coming? | 为什么我没预见到信 |
[09:53] | You were too close to the witness. | 你和证人关系太近 |
[09:58] | You know, this all could’ve been avoided | 这事本来可以避免 |
[09:59] | if you’d just done the research and found that letter. | 如果你仔细做了调查 发现了那封信 |
[10:01] | Sounds like your boyfriend’s job. | 听上去是你男朋友该干的活 |
[10:03] | Uh, fiancé, and is anyone really to blame here? | 是未婚夫 而且这事真的能怪谁吗 |
[10:05] | Yeah, the guy who wrote the letter. | 怪写了这封信的人 |
[10:07] | We all do stupid things when we’re 14. | 谁没在十四岁的时候做过傻事 |
[10:09] | Pretty sure he wasn’t 14 when he chose to become a cop. | 但他决定当警察的时候肯定不是十四岁 |
[10:11] | What does him being a cop have to do with anything? | 这和他是警察有什么关系 |
[10:13] | What kind of guy turns his back on his own people? | 什么样的人才会背弃自己人 |
[10:14] | Okay, none of this helps our case right now. | 这些对这案子都没用 |
[10:17] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[10:18] | I’m going to C&G to prep for tomorrow. | 我要去卡普兰·高德为明天做准备 |
[10:21] | Are you trying to get him to punch you? | 你是想让他打你吗 |
[10:23] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[10:24] | Oh, uh, he needs my Antitrust outline. | 他要我反垄断课的提纲 |
[10:26] | I’ll see you guys back at the house. | 回家见 |
[10:29] | Those two guys friends again? | 他们又是朋友了 |
[10:30] | Eh, they’re probably just boning. | 也许又滚床单了吧 |
[10:32] | If we’re gonna do this, we need to be more discreet, | 如果真的要做 我们必须谨慎点 |
[10:34] | and we need some ground rules. | 并且得定好基本原则 |
[10:36] | Mm, ground rules kinda take the fun | 基本原则把”特大行动”的乐趣 |
[10:37] | out of “Operation Slama Jama.” | 都搞没了 |
[10:39] | Okay — | 好吧 |
[10:41] | Rule one, no more calling it that. | 第一 不许再这么叫它 |
[10:42] | Two, no work talk. Three, no relationship talk. | 第二 不谈工作 第三 不谈感情 |
[10:45] | Good, because that is never happening again. | 好 反正不会再有感情了 |
[10:49] | Your place tonight? | 今晚去你那儿 |
[10:50] | Think I can, uh, squeeze you in. | 我应该能给你挤点地方 |
[10:53] | Great. | 很好 |
[10:55] | Have you heard anything about Bonnie? | 你有邦尼的消息吗 |
[10:56] | She hasn’t been at work in a few days. | 她好几天没来上班了 |
[10:57] | Are you interested in her again? | 你是又想重投她的怀抱吗 |
[10:59] | No, I’m worried about her as a friend. | 不是 作为朋友 我很担心她 |
[11:04] | I can be friends with girls, Michaela! | 我可以和女生做朋友的 米凯拉 |
[11:15] | Frank, buddy. | 弗兰克 兄弟 |
[11:16] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[11:18] | Good until now. | 到刚才都挺好的 |
[11:20] | Okay, bro, what the hell is going on? | 好吧 兄弟 到底是怎么回事 |
[11:23] | She’s sick. | 她病了 |
[11:24] | Uh, yeah, but what kind of sick? | 什么病 |
[11:26] | Because if it’s serious, her boss needs to know. | 如果是很严重的病 那她的老板有知情权 |
[11:28] | So you came here as her boss? | 所以你是以她老板的身份来的 |
[11:30] | She won’t answer my calls, | 她不接我电话 |
[11:33] | and if that’s because I freaked her out with that stupid HR form, | 如果是因为那张人事表格的事吓到她了 |
[11:35] | you tell her to forget it. | 那你告诉她别管它了 |
[11:37] | I’ll pass along the message. | 我会转告她的 |
[11:38] | Look, I-I want to be the one to pass along the message. | 等一下 我想亲自告诉她 |
[11:41] | Sorry… | 抱歉 |
[11:43] | bro. | 兄弟 |
[11:46] | It’s gotta make you feel pretty good, | 听了这个你可能会好受点 |
[11:48] | having your beau so smitten he’s begging for your attention. | 你的小男友上门来求关注了 |
[11:58] | I know you’re telling yourself you need to find out the truth. | 我知道你在告诉自己要找出真相 |
[12:04] | But just consider the other option. | 但你还有另一个选择 |
[12:07] | You do nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[12:11] | ‘Cause you’ve been happy… | 因为我从没见过你 |
[12:15] | …way more than I’ve ever seen. | 这么开心 |
[12:17] | But no one — I mean no one, Bon, | 没有人 真的没有人 邦 |
[12:21] | deserves to be happy more than you. | 比你更需要开心 |
[12:24] | So, if you just want to pretend you never found this out, | 所以 如果你想假装不知道这件事 |
[12:28] | leave the past in the past, know I fully support that. | 让过去的都过去 我完全支持你 |
[12:55] | You know what I’d do if I were you? | 你知道如果我是你我会怎么做吗 |
[13:00] | I’d pour myself a stiff drink. | 我会给自己倒杯烈酒 |
[13:03] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[13:05] | At least we have the psych expert on our side. | 最起码心理咨询师是站在我们这边的 |
[13:08] | I mean, that’s all we really need — | 这才是真正要紧的… |
[13:09] | I lied on the stand, Annalise. | 我在庭上撒谎了 安娜丽丝 |
[13:14] | I remember writing the letter. | 我记得写过那封信 |
[13:19] | You were just a boy. | 你当时还小 |
[13:21] | – God knows what I said to my mother at that age — – Just listen. | -我在那个年纪也对我妈妈说过 -听我说 |
[13:25] | First time I saw him in cuffs, I was pissed at the cops. | 第一次见他戴上手铐时 我很生警察的气 |
[13:32] | But by the second, the third, the fourth… | 但是第二次 第三次 第四次 |
[13:39] | I began thinking he wasn’t the good guy, they were. | 我开始认为他并不是个好人 他们才是 |
[13:46] | So I decided to be one of them. | 所以我决定成为他们中的一员 |
[13:59] | So at least I wouldn’t end up like him. | 那样至少我不会落得和他一样的下场 |
[14:02] | If you beat yourself up over this, | 如果你因为这个自责 |
[14:04] | the same system that got in his head is gonna get into yours. | 不就跟你爸爸一样了 |
[14:10] | What if all this is for nothing? | 如果这一切都是徒劳呢 |
[14:11] | Do you think I would drag our asses | 你觉得我费这么大劲 |
[14:13] | all the way to the Supreme Court | 把我们一路带进最高法院 |
[14:14] | only to lose in Philly? | 只是为了最后在费城输掉 |
[14:17] | We’re gonna win. | 我们会赢的 |
[14:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:24] | All right. | 好 |
[14:39] | 我们 他们 内特 监狱守卫证人 监狱长证词 社工 其他囚犯证人 老内特以前的狱友 前邻居 | |
[14:40] | As down as we might all feel right now, | 虽然我们现在感觉很沮丧 |
[14:42] | I think it’s important that we focus on | 但我们更应该把注意力集中在 |
[14:43] | one of the wins we had on this case. | 我们在此案中的一处优势上 |
[14:45] | I believe your cross of the prosecution’s psych expert | 我认为你对公诉方的心理咨询师的交叉盘问 |
[14:48] | was an unqualified success. | 是无可争议的成功 |
[14:50] | Does everyone agree that I won the round against Dr. Charmagne? | 你们都认为我对查尔曼医生的询问是成功的吗 |
[14:53] | I think you won. I just don’t understand | 我同意 我只是不明白 |
[14:55] | how you got that intel. | 你是怎么知道那些信息的 |
[14:56] | Ms. Pratt, would you like to answer that one? | 普拉特小姐 你可以回答这个问题吗 |
[14:58] | A good lawyer never reveals their deep throat. | 一名优秀的律师决不会自暴底细 |
[15:03] | Asher! | 亚设 |
[15:05] | Open up! | 开门 |
[15:11] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[15:11] | I’m working on our “Slama Jama” playlist! | 我在热身 |
[15:13] | Hope you brought your backup panties! | 希望你带了备用的内裤 |
[15:17] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. | 喂 喂 喂 |
[15:18] | This — | 这个… |
[15:20] | I need your help with our case. | 我们的案子 我需要你帮忙 |
[15:22] | – We said no work talk! – It’s not about work. | -我们说过不谈工作 -这不是工作 |
[15:24] | It’s about Nate. | 是内特 |
[15:26] | The prosecution’s putting their psychologist | 公诉方明天会让他们的心理咨询师 |
[15:27] | on the stand tomorrow, his name’s Dr. Charmagne | 上庭 一个叫查尔曼的医生 |
[15:29] | Yeah, Dr. Charming. | 查尔明医生 |
[15:30] | He’s the most handsome, likable expert out there. | 他是这里最帅气 最讨人喜欢的专家 |
[15:33] | We need to discredit him. | 我们需要质疑他的可信度 |
[15:35] | The D.A.’s office uses him as a psych expert all the time — | 地检办公室一直雇他作为心理专家 |
[15:37] | You do realize you’re still in the doghouse with me — | 你知道我们俩现在什么关系吧 |
[15:39] | You think I’m a heartless bitch, I understand why… | 你觉得我是一个无情的泼妇 我理解为什么 |
[15:43] | …but your heart, your heart is big and kind. | 但是你却是宽宏大量的 |
[15:46] | – And that’s why I fell for you. – Stop. | -这是我爱上你的原因 -停下 |
[15:48] | Look, I have a good thing going with the D.A., all right? | 我在地检办公室做的很好 好吗 |
[15:50] | I’m finally getting my life back on track. | 我终于把我的生活拉入正轨了 |
[15:52] | And now you want me to risk that all | 而现在你想让我为你和安娜丽丝 |
[15:54] | for you and — and Annalise? | 赌上所有这一切 |
[15:55] | Just take me and Annalise out of the equation. | 抛开我和安娜丽丝 |
[15:59] | If Nate was the one coming to you right now, | 如果现在是内特来求你 |
[16:02] | you’d do this for him. | 你会为了他做这件事的 |
[16:04] | Right? | 是吗 |
[16:10] | Oh, hell, no. | 天 不 |
[16:14] | None of you are supposed to know where I live. | 你们都不该知道我住在哪里 |
[16:15] | Yeah, they don’t. | 是的 他们不知道 |
[16:16] | But since I’m the brilliant and resourceful student | 但是介于我是那个才华横溢资源丰富 |
[16:18] | you mistakenly passed up on your clinic — | 但是被你错误地踢出法律中心的学生 |
[16:19] | Someone in the D.A.’s office gave you my address. | 地检办公室的人给了你我的地址 |
[16:22] | And I have the info you need to take down Dr. Charming. | 我有可以扳倒查尔明医生的资料 |
[16:28] | First, why don’t you tell me | 首先 你先告诉我 |
[16:29] | what’s going on with Bonnie? | 邦尼怎么回事 |
[16:32] | Nothing is going on. | 她没什么事 |
[16:34] | Tell me what is up or no juicy intel for you. | 告诉我怎么回事 要不然不给你资料 |
[16:38] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么回事呢 |
[16:42] | – What the hell is this? – Don’t worry. | -这是什么东西 -别担心 |
[16:43] | Bonnie’s childhood. And that man… | 邦尼的童年 那个男人 |
[16:44] | – It’s gonna be fun. – is her father. | -会很好玩的 -是她父亲 |
[16:48] | Can I do anything? | 我能做什么吗 |
[16:50] | No, you can give her some space. | 不 你可以给她些空间 |
[16:52] | Don’t tell the others, especially Miller. | 别告诉其他人 特别是米勒 |
[16:54] | – Of course not. – Now pony up. | -当然不会 -现在把文件给我 |
[16:59] | According to the D.A.’s database, Senior’s case | 根据地检数据库 老内特的案子 |
[17:02] | is the last time Dr. Charming is allowed to testify. | 是查尔明医生最后一次出庭作证 |
[17:05] | – Why? – Why do you think? | -为什么 -你觉得呢 |
[17:08] | Hello, Governor. | 你好 州长 |
[17:10] | Dr. Charmagne, do you believe that the defendant was insane | 查尔曼医生 你相信被告在杀害 |
[17:14] | on the day he killed Gerald Reinhoff? | 杰罗德·莱因霍夫时精神失常吗 |
[17:16] | – No. No. – You mean even after spending a year in solitary? | -不 不 -你是说即使被单独监禁一年 |
[17:21] | The patient files lead me to believe | 患者病例让我相信 |
[17:23] | that Mr. Lahey was only pretending | 勒西先生只是假装 |
[17:25] | to have delusions, uh, and hallucinations, | 有错觉和幻觉 |
[17:29] | and this is a textbook sign of malingering. | 这是教科书式的装病 |
[17:32] | Which means? | 这意味着 |
[17:33] | Mr. Lahey is making up his insanity | 勒西先生假装患有精神病 |
[17:35] | to win a “Not guilty” verdict. | 为了赢得”无罪”裁决 |
[17:38] | – Your witness. – Dr. Charmagne, | -你可以问话了 -查尔曼医生 |
[17:40] | why is your diagnosis so different from Dr. Phillips, | 为什么你的诊断和菲利普斯医生如此不同 |
[17:43] | who declared my client insane at the time of the murder? | 她认为我的当事人在案发时精神失常 |
[17:46] | Our field of study is not an exact science. | 我们研究的领域并不是十分精确 |
[17:49] | So not because your new boss | 所以不是因为你的新老板 |
[17:50] | told you to testify against my client? | 让你指证我的当事人 |
[17:54] | – Uh, excuse me? – Is it true that Governor Birkhead hired you | -你说什么 -州长博克海德雇你为 |
[17:57] | as the head of the new mental health initiative? | 新心理健康倡议的负责人是否是真的 |
[18:00] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 争议性问题 |
[18:02] | I’m showing a connection between the witness | 我在证明证人和州长博克海德 |
[18:03] | and Governor Birkhead, who was the first defendant | 之间的联系 而她是导致这次庭审的 |
[18:06] | in the class action that resulted in this trial. | 集体诉讼案的第一被告 |
[18:09] | Overruled. The witness will answer. | 反对无效 证人要回答问题 |
[18:12] | Yes, I’ve been given a job with the governor. | 是的 州长给了我一份工作 |
[18:15] | Due to what is clearly a bribe from the Governor’s office, | 介于这明显是州长办公室的贿赂 |
[18:18] | Objection, Your Honor. Speculation. | 反对 法官阁下 这是推测 |
[18:19] | I move to strike this witness’ testimony from the record! | 我要求删除证人的证词 |
[18:21] | Your Honor! | 法官阁下 |
[18:22] | I am in adamant agreement with Ms. Keating. | 我同意基廷女士 |
[18:24] | I instruct the jury to disregard | 请陪审团忽视 |
[18:27] | Dr. Charmagne’s entire testimony | 查尔曼医生的证词 |
[18:29] | as it is biased and lacking all credibility. | 因为他的证词有偏见 缺乏可信度 |
[18:37] | Great. Great, yeah, yeah. | 很好 是的 |
[18:38] | Just set them aside. I’ll be there to pick them up. | 把它们放旁边 我等会儿去拿 |
[18:41] | What did Annalise assign you? | 安娜丽丝安排你做什么 |
[18:42] | A precedent list and a pocket motion? | 先例列表和小型动议 |
[18:45] | Yeah, for an in limine hearing we’re never gonna have. | 是的 为了一个根本不会有的防偏见动议 |
[18:48] | Just so you know, you will never be able | 告诉你一声 你一晚上 |
[18:50] | to finish that in one night. | 不可能弄完的 |
[18:52] | Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. | 谢谢你对我的信任 |
[18:55] | No, that’s my way of saying I’ll help you. | 不 这是我在说我会帮你 |
[18:57] | I’ll come to your place after I pick Christopher up — | 我会在接完克里斯多弗后去你家 |
[19:00] | I mean, as long as I can bring him. | 我是说 只要我可以带上他 |
[19:02] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[19:04] | But why would you want to help me? | 但是你为什么想帮我 |
[19:05] | Well, I’m gonna be second chair pretty soon, | 毕竟我马上就要当次辩律师了 |
[19:07] | and then I’ll need your help. | 到时候我会需要你帮忙 |
[19:14] | Pops… | 爸 |
[19:15] | if you want to talk your case, Annalise should be here. | 你要是想谈案子的事 应该叫上安娜丽丝 |
[19:19] | You see, uh… | 你看 |
[19:21] | This right here is what I’m sick of. | 我最受不了的就是这一点 |
[19:22] | You telling me how I should be, | 我既要听你的安排 |
[19:25] | Annalise telling me how I should be. | 还要听安娜丽丝的安排 |
[19:29] | You can be mad at me, not her. | 你气我可以 但是不能气她 |
[19:30] | I’m mad at both of you. | 我气你们两个 |
[19:31] | We’re losing this case. | 我们就要输了 |
[19:33] | – You don’t know that. – I got eyes. | -别胡说 -我长了眼睛 |
[19:34] | I can see what that jury is thinking. | 我知道陪审团是怎么想的 |
[19:39] | Nate, I want a chance to talk to them myself. | 内特 给我个和他们谈谈的机会 |
[19:44] | Trust Annalise. | 相信安娜丽丝 |
[19:46] | This is my life. | 这是我的人生 |
[19:49] | And for just once, | 哪怕只有一次机会 |
[19:50] | I want the chance to fight for myself using my words, | 我也想用自己说的话为自己辩护 |
[19:56] | not having somebody else call me crazy, or violent, | 而不是让别人把我说成疯子 暴力分子 |
[20:00] | or a liar. | 或者骗子 |
[20:02] | Me. | 我 |
[20:07] | I want my day in court, man. | 我想出庭作证 |
[20:13] | Well, it’s not me you got to convince. | 你要说服的人不是我 |
[20:14] | Annalise sure as hell ain’t gonna listen to me. | 安娜丽丝肯定不会听我的 |
[20:17] | You think she’ll listen to me? | 你觉得她会听我的 |
[20:18] | I’ve seen the way she looks at you. | 她看你的眼神不一样 |
[20:19] | Yeah, she’ll listen to you if you try hard enough. | 你要是多做点工作 她肯定会听你的 |
[20:25] | Please, son. | 拜托了 儿子 |
[20:36] | Put together a list of every major insanity defense | 把过去五十年里所有让被告出庭作证的 |
[20:40] | in the last 50 years where the defendant took the stand. | 重大精神错乱辩护案都找出来 |
[20:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:44] | Why do you think? | 你说呢 |
[20:45] | Our client’s taking the stand. | 我们的委托人要出庭作证了 |
[20:47] | That’s crazy. | 疯了吧 |
[20:48] | Get on board. | 赶紧的 |
[20:52] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[20:54] | Don’t thank me yet. | 还没到谢的时候 |
[21:01] | That was kind of — kind of aggro. | 你这有点…暴力啊 |
[21:04] | In a good way? | 是好的那种暴力吗 |
[21:05] | Well, more in a “You made me feel like | 你给我的感觉更像是 |
[21:07] | some random hook-up from Humpr” Kind of way. | 汉炮上的随意约炮 |
[21:09] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:11] | I guess I just got kind of lost | 我可能是在做的时候 |
[21:12] | in the moment for a second. | 有点走神了 |
[21:15] | Or you were thinking of Annalise. | 还是说你在想安娜丽丝的事 |
[21:18] | You have every right to be pissed at her. | 你完全有理由生她的气 |
[21:21] | I mean, first, she boots you off of the Supreme Court, | 她先是把你踢出了最高法院案 |
[21:23] | and now she’s booting you off from the Senior case. | 现在又把你踢出了老内特的案子 |
[21:26] | Are you trying to rile me up again? | 你这是又想惹怒我吗 |
[21:27] | I want you to take all the outrage | 我是想让你把这股 |
[21:29] | that you’ve been burying in sex | 做爱时的怒气 |
[21:30] | and put it into the class action. | 用到集体诉讼案上去 |
[21:32] | And for you to just quit and let her scare you away, | 你就这样退出 任由她把你吓跑 |
[21:35] | that’s not like you. | 这不像你 |
[21:36] | Well, maybe it’s the new me. | 可能是我变了个人 |
[21:37] | Well, I don’t want to marry that guy. | 那我不想和这个你结婚 |
[21:39] | I want to marry the badass social justice renegade. | 我想和那个为社会正义而战的酷小伙结婚 |
[21:42] | ‘Cause that’s who you really are. | 那才是真正的你 |
[21:50] | Uh, it’s my mom. | 是我妈 |
[21:51] | Fingers crossed the date works. | 祈祷我们选的日期她能来 |
[21:53] | Hi, Mom. | 妈 |
[21:54] | Every high-profile insanity defense from the ’90s | 90年代出名的精神错乱辩护成功案例 |
[21:57] | was won without putting the defendant on the stand. | 被告都没有出庭作证 |
[22:00] | Same thing in the ’80s. | 80年代的也一样 |
[22:02] | Guess the only time nutjobs testify | 可能疯子唯一一次作证 |
[22:03] | is when they try to defend themselves. | 就是为自己抗辩的时候吧 |
[22:05] | Did you hear Gabriel say “Nutjob”? | 听到加布里尔说”疯子”了吗 |
[22:07] | That’s not a very nice term to use | 用这个词 |
[22:09] | when referring to the mentally ill. | 形容精神病人可不好 |
[22:11] | Okay, please tell me you do not talk to him | 拜托告诉我你不是一直这样 |
[22:13] | like that all the time. | 跟他讲话 |
[22:15] | Research shows that when talking to your baby | 研究表明对婴儿说话时 |
[22:17] | and making eye contact, it helps brain development. | 与他们对视 对他们的大脑发育有好处 |
[22:19] | That way my guy won’t end up being a serial killer | 这样我儿子长大后就不会变成连环杀手了 |
[22:22] | Why would he become a serial killer? | 他怎么会变成连环杀手 |
[22:24] | His dad pass down some bad genes or something? | 他爸爸是个坏人还是怎么的 |
[22:29] | His dad’s not around. | 他爸爸不在这里 |
[22:31] | You know that. | 你明知道 |
[22:32] | Yeah, I know, I just — I know you’re a single parent. | 我是知道…你是单亲妈妈 |
[22:34] | I just wasn’t sure if the father | 我只是不确定他爸爸 |
[22:36] | was completely out of the picture. | 是不是完全从你们的生活里消失了 |
[22:39] | Well, now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[22:42] | Your dad? | 你爸呢 |
[22:44] | Ghosted before I knew him. | 从没见过他 |
[22:49] | But we should, uh, should get back to this. | 不过我们还是回到案子上来吧 |
[22:51] | I’ll take the ’70s, you take the ’60s. | 我来负责七十年代 你负责六十年代 |
[22:53] | Oh, the but the ’70s are so much juicier | 可是七十年代有意思多了 |
[22:55] | with the irresistible | 包括1971年无法抗拒的 |
[22:56] | impulse test ruling of 1971. | 冲动性检验标准裁决 |
[22:59] | Fine, you can have the disco years. | 那好吧 你来负责迪斯科年代吧 |
[24:00] | Mr. Lahey, how was solitary? | 勒西先生 禁闭室怎么样 |
[24:03] | Get much reading done? | 看了不少书吧 |
[24:04] | They don’t let you do no reading in there. | 他们不让你在里面读书 |
[24:06] | W-W-Which is funny enough because the lights are on 24/7. | 这还挺讽刺的 因为里面24小时不熄灯 |
[24:10] | You know, studies show that | 有研究表明 |
[24:11] | prisoners who fare the best in solitary | 在禁闭室表现最好的犯人 |
[24:15] | are the ones who have a strategy to overcome it. | 都有如何应对的策略 |
[24:19] | What was yours? | 你的策略是什么 |
[24:20] | I had a photo of me and my son that I snuck in. | 我偷偷带进来一张我和我儿子的合影 |
[24:25] | This photo here? | 是这张吗 |
[24:30] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 就是这张 |
[24:31] | And it worked, too. | 而且它也奏效 |
[24:32] | It worked until the guards took it, | 一直到警卫把它拿走之前都挺有效的 |
[24:34] | and then I went downhill pretty fast after that, | 后来我就很快地恶化了 |
[24:37] | and after a few months, all my thoughts just started | 几个月以后 我的思维就开始 |
[24:40] | smashing into one another, and, uh, | 互相打架 |
[24:43] | I started hearing things and seeing things. | 我开始出现幻听和幻象 |
[24:47] | And all that’s because… | 这些都是因为 |
[24:50] | …they took my son away from me. | 他们把我的儿子从我身边给夺走了 |
[24:53] | So, after a year in solitary, | 所以 在禁闭室一年后 |
[24:56] | how’d you feel when they let you out? | 他们放你出来时 你是什么感觉 |
[24:58] | I was…scared. | 我很害怕 |
[25:01] | I wasn’t used to people talking to me, | 我不习惯有人跟我说话 |
[25:03] | you know, looking at me. | 看着我 |
[25:04] | So, how would you describe the moment | 那么 你如何描述 |
[25:06] | when your fellow inmate, Mr. Reinhoff, | 你的狱友莱因霍夫先生 |
[25:10] | a 280-pound career criminal, | 一个超过250斤的职业罪犯 |
[25:12] | approached you in the yard? | 在院子里走近你的那一刻 |
[25:15] | Well, you know, he come at me, talking smack. | 他走近我 出言不逊 |
[25:18] | So, you know, I, uh… | 于是 我… |
[25:28] | I wasn’t a man at that moment. | 在那一刻我不再是人了 |
[25:32] | I was a — I was a bomb fixed to — to explode, | 而是一个 一个随时要炸的炸弹 |
[25:38] | and I did, and I still don’t know why I did, | 所以我就炸了 我到现在也不明白为什么 |
[25:40] | but I did, and it doesn’t matter if it was him. | 可是我就是炸了 是他还是别人都没区别 |
[25:43] | It was gonna be somebody because… | 反正总会发生在什么人身上的 因为 |
[25:52] | That is what the SHU did to me. | 这就是禁闭室对我做的 |
[25:56] | It made me very sick in my head. | 它让我的脑子完全坏掉了 |
[26:03] | And so… | 所以 |
[26:07] | I wasn’t myself. | 我那时候不是我自己 |
[26:37] | I am so happy you called. | 你打电话来我非常高兴 |
[26:40] | – I’m sorry it took so long. – You have to be honest. | -很抱歉这么久才打 -你需要诚实一点 |
[26:43] | If that stupid HR form made you freak out, just rip it up. | 如果那张人事表格吓到你了 撕了它 |
[26:48] | I need to tell you something. | 我需要告诉你件事 |
[26:56] | You asked me about my family and why I don’t talk to them. | 你问过我家的情况还有我为什么不跟家人联系 |
[27:09] | My father molested me and my sister. | 我爸爸猥亵我和我姐姐 |
[27:15] | It started when I was five, she was six. | 从我五岁 她六岁时起 |
[27:20] | My mother knew. | 我妈妈知道 |
[27:22] | It was how they made money. | 这是他们挣钱的方法 |
[27:26] | Tapes, and… | 录像 还有… |
[27:30] | selling us to men. | 把我们卖给男的 |
[27:39] | When I was 15, I got pregnant. | 我十五岁时怀孕了 |
[27:44] | I had the baby, a boy. | 我生了个孩子 是个男孩 |
[27:49] | But my parents told me he — he died. | 可是我父母当时告诉我他 他死了 |
[27:57] | And now… | 而现在 |
[28:01] | …I just found out he might be alive. | 我刚知道他有可能还活着 |
[28:10] | I’m sorry if this is too much. | 很抱歉 这信息量太大了 |
[28:18] | No. | 不会 |
[28:20] | I just don’t know if now | 我只是不确定 |
[28:23] | is the right time for this for me. | 现在对我来说是否合适 |
[28:30] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[28:32] | Bonnie. | 邦尼 |
[28:39] | You’re the bravest person I’ve ever met. | 你是我见过最勇敢的人 |
[28:42] | I mean it. | 我不是随便说的 |
[28:44] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[28:48] | No matter what, I love you so much. | 不管怎样 我非常爱你 |
[29:16] | Mr. Lahey, you said that the altercation began | 勒西先生 你说争执的起因是 |
[29:19] | when Gerald Reinhoff began talking smack to you. | 杰罗德·莱因霍夫开始对你出言不逊 |
[29:23] | Do you remember what it was about? | 你还记得他说了什么吗 |
[29:25] | He said he — he wanted to fight the boxer. | 他说他 他想和拳击手打一架 |
[29:27] | But on your psych evaluation, | 但在你的精神评估报告上 |
[29:29] | you said that you were having hallucinations at the time. | 你说当时你产生了幻觉 |
[29:33] | Yeah, I was. | 对 没错 |
[29:34] | Well, if that’s the case, | 如果是这样的话 |
[29:35] | how is the jury supposed to believe | 陪审团该如何相信 |
[29:37] | your made-up version of events? | 这些不是你编造出来的 |
[29:39] | Is it possible that you threw the first punch? | 有没有可能是你先出拳打了他 |
[29:42] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[29:43] | Maybe Joe Frazier did? | 也许是乔·弗雷泽干的 |
[29:45] | He was your imaginary cell mate, right? | 他是你想象出来的牢友 对吧 |
[29:46] | He’s badgering the witness — | 他在骚扰证人 |
[29:47] | The jury has a right to understand what happened that day | 陪审团有权了解当时发生了什么 |
[29:50] | I’m trying to tell you what happened — | 我已经告诉你发生了什么 |
[29:52] | Well, why should we believe you? | 我们凭什么相信你的话 |
[29:53] | I know I have a lot of problems, but I’m not stupid. | 我知道我有很多毛病 但我不蠢 |
[29:55] | I remember. It was the worst day of my life. | 我记得很清楚 那是我一生中最糟糕的一天 |
[29:59] | So, you knew? | 所以 你知道 |
[30:01] | In the moment you knew that | 事发当时你就知道 |
[30:03] | that was the worst day of your life? | 那将是你一生中最糟糕的一天 |
[30:05] | Well, that sounds like you regret what you did. | 感觉你对自己的所作所为非常后悔 |
[30:06] | Your Honor, the counsel is testifying — | 法官阁下 辩护律师在作证 |
[30:07] | Agreed, cease this line of questioning — | 同意 停止盘问 |
[30:09] | But how could you feel regret if you were insane at the time? | 你若当时精神不正常又怎会感到后悔 |
[30:12] | – Your Honor, stop this! – Unless you’re lying… | -法官阁下 制止他 -除非你在撒谎 |
[30:13] | That’s enough, Mr. Cox. | 够了 考克斯先生 |
[30:15] | …to push this sham of a defense — | 靠装疯掩盖自己的罪行 |
[30:16] | I said that’s enough! | 不要再说了 |
[30:17] | I insist that you hold Mr. Cox in contempt. | 我要求判考克斯先生蔑视法庭 |
[30:20] | He’s intentionally confused a mentally ill man | 他故意迷惑一个精神失常的人 |
[30:22] | to manipulate his testimony. That’s grounds for… | 从而操控他的证词 这是 |
[30:24] | So, what do we think? | 这时候该怎么办 |
[30:26] | Do we count our client’s testimony for our side | 委托人的证词是给我们加分了 |
[30:29] | or the prosecution’s? | 还是给控方加分了 |
[30:30] | The prosecution’s. | 控方 |
[30:31] | The jury left that testimony | 陪审团听完后 |
[30:33] | believing our client knew the difference | 认为委托人在杀害莱因霍夫时 |
[30:35] | between right and wrong when he killed Reinhoff. | 非常清楚自己的所作所为 |
[30:37] | So you don’t think I can come back from that? | 所以你认为我挽回不了局势了 |
[30:39] | I think you know my answer by now. | 我不说你也该知道了 |
[30:42] | So, what do the rest of you think? | 那么其他人有什么想法 |
[30:43] | Because this moment right now | 现在这个时刻 |
[30:45] | is when the best lawyers prove their worth. | 正是一名好律师证明自己价值的时候 |
[30:48] | Closing arguments begin in… three hours. | 三小时后做结案陈词 |
[30:53] | So, let’s discuss how we can still win this case. | 想想如何才能赢下这场官司 |
[30:58] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[30:59] | You’ve already given up on me? | 你们已经放弃我了 |
[31:01] | No one in this room believes that I can still win this? | 在场没有一个人相信我还能打赢这场官司 |
[31:08] | Professor Keating. | 基廷教授 |
[31:09] | Yes. | 请讲 |
[31:11] | I think you should move for a mistrial. | 我认为你该争取无效审判 |
[31:16] | You think I should throw in the towel? | 你觉得我该认输 |
[31:19] | It’s better than a guilty verdict. | 那也好过有罪判决 |
[31:21] | Here. | 你看 |
[31:26] | During Nate Junior’s cross, | 在对小内特交叉盘问时 |
[31:27] | Cox referred to Senior as a crack dealer, | 考克斯指出了委托人贩毒的历史 |
[31:29] | but his arrest records show he was only arrested for marijuana. | 但逮捕记录显示他只因抽大麻被逮捕过 |
[31:32] | Lying about crimes he didn’t commit is misconduct | 捏造罪行是律师的失职 |
[31:34] | and grounds for a mistrial. | 可以构成无效审判 |
[31:35] | I’ve already showed my hand to the State. | 但我亮出了底牌 |
[31:37] | I’d have to build a whole new defense, | 再审就得重新制定辩护策略 |
[31:38] | and who knows if our client can even survive another trial — | 谁知道委托人能否应付下一轮庭审 |
[31:41] | But he is your face case. | 但他是你的门面案例 |
[31:44] | Losing this will hurt all of your class action | 这场输了会波及你后面所有的 |
[31:46] | appeals going forward. | 上诉 |
[31:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:55] | So, let’s take a vote. | 投票决定 |
[31:57] | Who agrees with Mr. Maddox that I should move for a mistrial? | 支持马多克斯先生争取无效审判的请举手 |
[32:10] | The defense lied to you. They lied. | 辩护律师骗了你们 他们撒谎 |
[32:13] | Mr. Lahey was a violent man before he went to jail. | 勒西先生入狱前就有暴力倾向 |
[32:17] | So I don’t want you to fall for the father-son sob story. | 希望你们不要被他们动人的父子情怀所蒙骗 |
[32:22] | Instead, I want you to think of the victim who was murdered | 希望你们能想想受害者 |
[32:25] | before he had the chance to start his own family. | 他本来可以组建家庭却惨遭杀害 |
[32:28] | I urge you to find the defendant guilty | 我恳请你们因杀害杰罗德·莱因霍夫 |
[32:31] | of the murder of Gerald Reinhoff. | 判被告有罪 |
[32:41] | Ms. Keating? | 基廷女士 |
[32:52] | Ms. Keating? | 基廷女士 |
[33:03] | 492,750. | 四十九万两千七百五十 |
[33:08] | That’s how many minutes Nathaniel Lahey, my client, | 这是内特尼尔·勒西 我的委托人 |
[33:11] | spent in a cement box smaller than a parking space. | 在一个比车位还小的水泥房里度过的时间 |
[33:15] | Now, the prosecution claims that Nathaniel’s time in solitary | 公诉方声称内特尼尔被关禁闭 |
[33:19] | did not make him insane, | 并未造成他精神失常 |
[33:21] | even though a neutral, court-appointed doctor | 而法庭指派的中立精神医生 |
[33:24] | testified that it did. | 却作证说禁闭就是成因 |
[33:26] | Not to mention numerous studies that prove | 更有数不胜数的研究表明 |
[33:29] | that solitary confinement causes | 单独监禁会造成 |
[33:32] | severe psychological disorders. | 严重的精神失常 |
[33:34] | The facts of the case are clear. | 本案的事实根据非常清楚 |
[33:37] | Nathaniel Lahey went into solitary confinement | 内特尼尔·勒西被关了 |
[33:40] | for less than a year, | 近一年的禁闭 |
[33:42] | and just days after he got out, | 刚被放出来几天 |
[33:44] | he did something he’d never done before. | 就干了件他从未干过的事 |
[33:46] | He snapped. | 他崩溃了 |
[33:48] | Exploded. | 爆发了 |
[33:49] | He lost his mind. | 失了心智 |
[33:52] | Now, if you still don’t think that that can happen, | 如果你们仍然不认为这种事会发生 |
[33:54] | then I want you to put yourself in his shoes for one minute, | 那我想让你们设身处地感受一分钟 |
[33:59] | just a fraction of the time that he spent there. | 这只是他在那间牢房里度过的一小段时间 |
[34:04] | Here. | 就在这 |
[34:12] | 492,750 minutes, | 四十九万两千七百五十分钟 |
[34:18] | and all he heard was this. | 他听到的只有这个 |
[35:22] | Connor. | 康纳尔 |
[35:26] | Just because I didn’t go for the mistrial | 我没有选择无效审判 |
[35:28] | doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good idea. | 并不代表这不是个好主意 |
[35:30] | Okay. Want me to tell Gabriel? | 好 需要我转告加布里尔吗 |
[35:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:33] | It was your idea. | 是你的主意 |
[35:37] | Maddox, give this to Annalise. | 马多克斯 把这个给安娜丽丝 |
[35:39] | – It’s how she can get a mistrial. – You can show her. | -这样她能得到无效审判 -你给她吧 |
[35:41] | She’s gonna listen to you over me right now. | 她现在更听得进去你说的 |
[35:44] | It’s the only way to win the case. | 只有这样才能赢 |
[35:48] | You’re the only one who knew this case well enough | 只有你对这案子会了解得这么细 |
[35:49] | to catch that detail. | 能找出这个细节 |
[35:51] | Yeah, well, it doesn’t matter. | 好吧 也无所谓了 |
[35:54] | Your closing was great. Hopefully the jury agreed. | 你的结案陈词做得很好 但愿陪审团能认同 |
[36:02] | I shouldn’t have taken you off the case. | 我不该把你从这个案子上撤下来 |
[36:09] | I’m trying to say I’m sorry, Connor. | 我是在跟你道歉 康纳尔 |
[36:13] | Professor Keating. | 基廷教授 |
[36:15] | The jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[36:17] | My clerk’s informed me the jury has reached a verdict. | 书记员告诉我陪审团已经做出了裁决 |
[36:20] | Is this true? | 是这样吗 |
[36:21] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[36:50] | On the charge of first-degree murder, | 针对内特尼尔·卡尔文·勒西的 |
[36:53] | the jury finds Nathaniel Calvin Lahey | 一级谋杀指控 陪审团裁定 |
[36:58] | – not guilty by reason of insanity. – Yes! | -因其精神原因判决无罪 -太好了 |
[37:07] | At this time, Mr. Lahey will be remanded | 现在勒西先生 |
[37:09] | back to the care of the state | 将继续由州里看护 |
[37:11] | until a suitable psychiatric facility can be found for him. | 直到找到合适的精神治疗设施 |
[37:19] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[37:20] | You told your story and they listened. | 你说出了你的故事 他们也听到了 |
[37:22] | This was all you. | 这全都是靠你 |
[37:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:32] | How will today’s decision affect your appeals moving forward? | 今天的判决对你未来的上诉有何影响 |
[37:36] | I think winning is a good strategy moving forward. Don’t you? | 我觉得继续赢下去是个好计划 不是吗 |
[37:40] | This win is nothing. | 这次的胜诉事小 |
[37:42] | It’s not even a drop in the bucket. | 沧海一粟 |
[37:44] | It’s one step in a 100-mile journey | 这只是扫除司法体制里 |
[37:47] | in wiping out injustices in our legal system. | 不公平现象的万里征程中的一小步 |
[37:49] | So let’s keep working | 我们要继续努力 |
[37:51] | to give the invisible population in prisons | 让监狱中被忽视的人群 |
[37:54] | the chance to tell their stories in front of a jury. | 有机会在陪审团中说出自己的故事 |
[37:58] | Wish I could’ve done more. | 真希望我可以做得更多 |
[38:00] | No, all is forgiven. | 不 都过去了 |
[38:03] | You say that now, but in a few days, | 你现在这么说 要是过几天 |
[38:05] | – once the high’s worn off? – No, are you kidding? | -兴奋劲头过去了呢 -不 说什么呢 |
[38:07] | H-How can I expect 12 strangers to forgive me | 如果我都原谅不了我自己的儿子 |
[38:09] | and I can’t forgive my own son? | 还怎么指望十二个陌生人来原谅我 |
[38:28] | And this win isn’t just for people behind bars. | 这场胜诉并不只是为了铁窗后的犯人 |
[38:31] | It’s a win for all people who feel like the system, | 还为了那些认为自己正在被这个体制 |
[38:35] | our justice system, is making them go crazy. | 我们的司法体制 逼疯的人们 |
[38:38] | You should be standing behind her. | 你该站在她身后 |
[38:40] | But before we continue, I want to take this moment… | 接下来我想借此机会 |
[38:40] | So you can get in a photo, send it to your mom. | 这样你能照张相 发给你妈妈 |
[38:42] | …to thank the students in my clinic… | 感谢我法律中心的学生们 |
[38:43] | Not my style. | 不是我的风格 |
[38:43] | …for their tireless support | 感谢他们对此案 |
[38:45] | and dedication on this case. | 不辞辛劳的支持和奉献 |
[38:48] | I know they will bring the same level of skill and commitment | 我知道他们会以同样的水平和专注 |
[38:51] | to our many other clients | 来帮助我们其他 |
[38:52] | awaiting their own chance for justice. | 正等待沉冤昭雪的当事人 |
[38:55] | – I also want to thank… – You here to spy on me? | -我同样想感谢 -你是来监视我的吗 |
[38:57] | Don’t flatter yourself. I got to talk to Annalise. | 别自作多情了 我是来找安娜丽丝的 |
[38:59] | About Gabriel? | 关于加布里尔的事吗 |
[39:02] | – What about him? – As much as I wanted to believe your story | -他怎么了 -虽然我很想相信你的说法 |
[39:04] | – that you were looking into all the new students… – That’s true — | -你是在调查所有新学生 -没错 |
[39:06] | All I had to do is find out where he lives! | 我只要知道他住哪里就明白了 |
[39:09] | Wes’s building! | 韦斯的家 |
[39:10] | And when I asked him how he ended up there, | 而当我问他怎么会住在那里时 |
[39:11] | that some guy he “hoops with” | 他说是一个”球友” |
[39:13] | told him about the apartment. | 跟他提到了这间公寓 |
[39:17] | Who the hell is he? | 他是谁 |
[39:20] | Well, what does this mean for the rest of your plaintiffs? | 这对你的其他原告来说意味着什么 |
[39:22] | It means that the Supreme Court agrees with us. | 这意味着最高法院站在我们这边 |
[39:24] | The juries agree with us. | 陪审团站在我们这边 |
[39:26] | The only people who don’t agree with us | 唯一站在我们对立面的 |
[39:28] | are the officials who run this state. | 是州政府官员 |
[39:29] | And I don’t blame them — | 我不怪他们 |
[39:31] | I mean, we’re the ones cleaning up their mess. | 毕竟我们在收拾他们的乱摊子 |
[39:34] | Is that a shot at Governor Birkhead? | 你这是在攻击博克海德州长吗 |
[39:36] | I respect Governor Birkhead. | 我很尊敬博克海德州长 |
[39:38] | Listen, she has a tough job. | 她的工作很艰巨 |
[39:40] | She oversees billions of dollars, | 她需要管理数十亿美元 |
[39:43] | thousands of employees, | 上千下属 |
[39:44] | and I’m just one little defense attorney | 我只是一个在法庭上 |
[39:46] | that keeps beating her in court. | 总让她败下阵的辩护律师 |
[39:48] | 基廷称 我们在收拾他们的乱摊子 | |
[39:49] | That can’t be fun. | 她肯定会不高兴 |
[39:51] | Bring her in. | 带她过来 |
[39:52] | Let’s see if she’s got the balls to say any of this to my face. | 看看她有没有胆量当我的面说这些话 |
[39:57] | Senior! | 内特 |
[39:58] | To Nate Senior! | 敬老内特 |
[40:02] | You think now’s a good time to tell them? | 你觉得现在能告诉他们了吗 |
[40:04] | – Not yet. – Hmm, okay. | -还不行 -好吧 |
[40:06] | Enough whispering, you two. | 你们俩别再窃窃私语了 |
[40:08] | You’re having sex, aren’t you? | 你们俩在上床 对吧 |
[40:10] | – Oh, God, no! – Gross-eries! | -天 没有 -恶心 |
[40:13] | Connor and I deserve to know if our best men are boning. | 我和康纳有权知道我们的伴郎是不是在滚床单 |
[40:16] | We’re not boning. | 我们没有滚床单 |
[40:19] | We’re… | 我们在 |
[40:21] | planning your joint bachelor party! | 策划你们的联合单身派对 |
[40:23] | Operation Slama Jama! | 特大行动 |
[40:26] | – No one told you to do that. – I don’t want one of those. | -没人让你们这么做 -我不想要 |
[40:28] | Well, we’re doing it, | 我们要办 |
[40:30] | and we’re doing it here, because we’re all poor. | 我们要在这里办 因为我们都很穷 |
[40:32] | So, don’t be surprised | 所以如果你们发现 |
[40:33] | if the only stripper we can afford is me. | 唯一请得起的脱衣舞男是我 别太惊讶 |
[40:35] | It’s gonna be this Friday, so mark your calendars. | 就在这周五 所以空出你们的日程 |
[40:36] | No, my mom is coming on Friday. | 不 我妈妈这周五要来 |
[40:38] | Wait, what? We said no moms until the wedding. | 等等 什么 说好婚礼前不让妈妈来的 |
[40:40] | I know, I know, but the Senior case | 我知道 我知道 但是老内特的案子 |
[40:42] | gave me all the parent feels, and I invited your mom, too. | 让我想起了父母 我也邀请了你的妈妈 |
[40:45] | – I’m sorry. – Oliver! | -对不起 -奥利弗 |
[40:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:48] | This is gonna be the best bachelor party ever! | 这绝对会是最棒的单身派对 |
[40:51] | You know it! | 绝对的 |
[40:53] | Oh, I got to order more penis hats. | 我得多定点鸡鸡帽 |
[40:55] | Where the hell are you? | 你在哪呢 |
[40:57] | Frank said you weren’t home. | 弗兰克说你不在家 |
[40:58] | I’m fine. Don’t worry. | 我没事 别担心 |
[41:00] | Just tell me where you are. | 告诉我你在哪里 |
[41:03] | Outside Julie’s. | 在朱莉家门外 |
[41:05] | Don’t do anything. I’ll come right there. | 什么都别做 我马上就到 |
[41:07] | We can do this together. | 我们可以一起 |
[41:08] | – I’m not alone. Ron drove me. – What? | -我不是一个人 罗恩送我来的 -什么 |
[41:12] | Bonnie, we don’t even know if he can handle this. | 邦尼 我们都不知道他能不能承受得了 |
[41:15] | I’ll call you as soon as I’m done. | 等我搞定后会马上给你打电话 |
[41:19] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[41:43] | Anyone seen my husband? | 有人见到我丈夫了吗 |
[41:50] | Oli? | 奥利 |
[41:52] | Oliver. | 奥利弗 |
[41:53] | Where the hell are you?! | 你到底在哪里 |
[41:55] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[41:56] | If you’re out here, I’m seriously gonna kill you! | 等我找到你一定会杀了你 |
[42:01] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[42:07] | Mom? | 妈妈 |