时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | Hey, New York. | 你好啊 纽约 |
[00:22] | Life is filled with precious moments. | 人生中充满了珍贵的瞬间 |
[00:26] | Ones, uh, that we wish we could hang on to forever. | 有一些… 我们希望能永远地抓住 |
[00:33] | But our ability to recall everything, | 但是我们记住所有事情的能力… |
[00:35] | no matter how much it means to us, | 不管是自己眼中多么重要的是 |
[00:37] | gets worse and worse over time. | 会随着时间越变越差 |
[00:40] | And | 而且… |
[00:41] | if you don’t have an accurate record, | 如果没有准确记录的话 |
[00:43] | you may never be able to, | 你可能永远都无法… |
[00:45] | trust your own version of events. | 相信自己视角中的事件 |
[00:49] | And then you’ll just | 最后你的下场… |
[00:50] | end up remembering things | 就是你记忆中的所有事 |
[00:52] | the way that someone else wants you to… | 都变成别人所期望的模样 |
[00:55] | but it doesn’t have to be this way. | 不过这样的情况完全可以避免 |
[00:58] | So stick with me, | 那就跟紧我 |
[01:00] | and I’ll show you how to turn every waking moment | 为你呈现 如何将清醒的每一刻都变成 |
[01:03] | into something that’s | 变成某种… |
[01:04] | impossible to forget. | 你绝对忘不掉的记忆 |
[01:11] | Now, a good memory is | 如今 好的记忆力 |
[01:13] | one of the most attractive qualities a person can have. | 是人所拥有的最有有吸引力的品质之一 |
[01:17] | My memory’s not very good, | 我的记忆里并没有很好 |
[01:18] | and it’s always made me feel insecure. | 而且总让我很没有安全感 |
[01:22] | This is kind of why I started shooting so much video. | 这多少成为了我摄制如此多录像带的动力 |
[01:26] | I’ve also been writing down every single thing I do | 我还会写下所有我做过的事情 |
[01:29] | every single day | 每天都会记录 |
[01:30] | for over a decade now. | 已经写了十几年 |
[01:32] | Whenever I do something or go somewhere, | 无论何时我做了什么事 去了哪些地方 |
[01:35] | I put it right here in these books. | 我都会记录在这些本本里 |
[01:38] | On January 10th, 2018, | 2018年1月18日 |
[01:41] | I woke up at 8 a.m. and ate four strips of | 我早上8点醒来 早饭吃了四块… |
[01:44] | bacon. | 培根 |
[01:46] | On August 22nd, 2014, | 2014年8月22日 |
[01:49] | I got a haircut at Home Run Barbershop. | 我在家营理发店剪的头发 |
[01:53] | And on March 12th of the same year, | 同年3月12日 |
[01:55] | I got a salad for lunch | 我午饭买了份沙拉 |
[01:57] | and accidentally dropped it | 结果一不小心撒在了… |
[01:58] | all over 32nd Street. | 32大街上 |
[02:01] | It’s kind of like time traveling. | 感觉好像时间旅行一样 |
[02:03] | If I ever need to remember something, | 只要我想记起什么事 |
[02:05] | I can just go back to my book and read about that day, | 我只要找出那些本本 看一下那天的记录 |
[02:07] | and I’m immediately transported. | 就能马上完成穿越 |
[02:10] | But unfortunately, | 不过很可惜 |
[02:12] | this isn’t memory, | 这不叫记忆 |
[02:14] | because the second I look away from these books, | 因为只要我把笔记一拿开 |
[02:16] | everything just begins to | 所有事就开始… |
[02:18] | blur together | 混为一谈 |
[02:20] | and I can barely remember | 我甚至很难想起… |
[02:22] | who I am or how I got there. | 我是谁 我怎么来到这里的 |
[02:25] | And if I’m not careful, | 而且万一我一不小心 |
[02:27] | one day all these records could just go up in smoke. | 哪天这些记录就全化成一缕烟了 |
[02:34] | But New York can be a | 然而纽约实在是… |
[02:36] | painful place to | 能折磨死… |
[02:37] | have a good memory | 记忆力好的人 |
[02:39] | because the better you remember it, | 因为你对城市的记忆越多 |
[02:41] | the less you recognize over time. | 随着时间的推移 你越认不出来 |
[02:46] | There used to be a– a baron 2nd Avenue, | 第二大道从前有家酒吧 |
[02:48] | called Mars Bar that I used to go to. | 叫火星吧 我去过 |
[02:51] | But now it’s a | 但如今是一家… |
[02:53] | TD Bank. | 多伦多道明银行 |
[02:56] | Thankfully, it looks like | 好在 似乎… |
[02:57] | some of the regulars, | 有些常客… |
[02:58] | still hang out there, | 还在这一带转悠 |
[03:00] | though. | …吧 |
[03:03] | They also recently demolished | 市政最近还拆除了 |
[03:05] | one of my favorite, | 我最喜欢的一家… |
[03:06] | movie theaters. | 影剧院 |
[03:08] | There aren’t many left quite like it in New York City. | 这里已经被拆得不像纽约了 |
[03:13] | But at least it, um, looked like | 但至少 看起来… |
[03:15] | they were having a good time | 他们很享受… |
[03:17] | destroying it. | 毁东西的过程 |
[03:20] | A friend told me recently about | 一位朋友最近跟我提到 |
[03:22] | someone who lives in my neighborhood | 我所在的小区住着一位 |
[03:23] | who has such a good memory that | 记忆力超强的人 |
[03:25] | she actually competes in memory competitions. | 她还参加过很多次记忆力大赛 |
[03:28] | And she let me come over to look at some of her awards. | 她邀请我去看看她的一些奖项 |
[03:31] | Let me see this– | 我看眼这个… |
[03:32] | -Oops– Yeah. -Oh my god, sorry. | -天哪抱歉 -没事 |
[03:34] | Yes, this is… | 对 这个是… |
[03:36] | yeah, World Memory Championship 2017. | 这个是2017年的世界记忆力锦标赛 |
[03:39] | These are Singapore, | 这个是新加坡的 |
[03:42] | and then there are some from, I guess, Sweden, Fra– | 还有一些好像是瑞典 法… |
[03:45] | not France, what is this? | 不是法国 哪来着? |
[03:47] | She seemed a little bored, | 她好像觉得有点无聊 |
[03:49] | but maybe that’s because | 不过可能因为… |
[03:49] | Gramlabs 22日 尼克儿童 22日 HBO 在家 23日 沃克斯传媒!!? 24日 有线新闻 棚拍 27日 有线新闻 在家? 29日 网飞 Maritalk报 30日 有识音频 31日 | |
[03:50] | this was her third interview in 24 hours. | 这是24小时内 她接受的第三个采访 |
[03:54] | Were there any methods of yours that you used to improve your memory? | 你用什么方法增强记忆力的呢? |
[03:58] | Most competitors use a technique called | 多是参赛者用的方法叫 |
[04:00] | the memory palace technique. | 记忆宫殿法 |
[04:02] | For example, if you want to know | 比如 如果你想知道 |
[04:03] | the periodic table of elements in order, | 按顺序记住元素周期表 |
[04:05] | then you can place them in the memory palace | 那就可以放进记忆宫殿里 |
[04:08] | and go, like, “H, hydrogen, “so | 比如”H代表氢” 那就… |
[04:11] | maybe on your bed you put… | 好比在床的位置放… |
[04:14] | like, lots of water. Your bed is suddenly just made of water, and then | 大量的水 你的床就变成了水做的 然后… |
[04:17] | your nightstand might be made out of balloons | 你的床头柜变成了气球 |
[04:20] | so then you remember helium balloons. | 这样你就能记住氦气球 |
[04:22] | I mean, you kind of just move along in a logical pattern. | 大概意思是 你要遵循一个逻辑模式 |
[04:25] | The technique she told me about sounded like a good idea. | 她说的这个技巧感觉是个不错的方法 |
[04:29] | All you have to do is | 你只需要… |
[04:30] | close your eyes and | 闭上眼睛 |
[04:31] | imagine you’re walking through a physical space | 想象自己游走于一个物理空间 |
[04:33] | that you know really well… | 这里你非常的熟悉 |
[04:36] | …and mentally place the things you want to remember, | 然后在心里把想要记住的东西放在 |
[04:40] | all along your path. | 路程的沿线 |
[04:46] | So I tried to use it to | 因此我尝试用此方法 |
[04:47] | remember my grocery store list. | 记住我的超市采购清单 |
[04:48] | 苹果 洗发水 葡萄 祛痘膏 榛巧酱 奶酪 面包 扑克牌 香蕉 士力架 菜花 坚果棒 鸡肉 大法棍 | |
[04:50] | And I’ll use my commute to work as, | 并把我的通勤路线 |
[04:52] | the memory palace | 用在记忆宫殿… |
[04:53] | thing. | 这招上 |
[04:55] | So, here’s what it looks like in my head. | 因此 我的脑内大概就是这样的 |
[05:00] | I leave my apartment, | 我走出了家门 |
[05:01] | and I almost slip on a banana peel. | 差点因为一个香蕉皮摔倒 |
[05:06] | Then, on my way to the subway, | 然后在去地铁的路上 |
[05:08] | I’m reminded that I need to buy some | 我想起来要买一点… |
[05:10] | broccoli. | 菜花 |
[05:12] | I also need drumsticks… | 还有鸡大腿 |
[05:15] | And some brea– | 还有胸… |
[05:16] | chicken breasts. | 鸡胸 |
[05:18] | When I get on the subway, | 等我上了地铁 |
[05:20] | I’m reminded of the | 我想起来 |
[05:21] | fresh baguette that I want | 我还要一根新鲜的大法棍 |
[05:24] | and | 还有… |
[05:24] | the dandruff shampoo that I also need. | 我还得买去屑洗发水 |
[05:28] | A few stops later, | 几站之后 |
[05:29] | I remember to buy Fuji apples. | 我想到要买富士苹果 |
[05:32] | But when I get off the train, | 但等我下了车 |
[05:34] | I realize that I actually want, uh, | 我意识到我其实想要… |
[05:35] | Granny Smith. | “史密斯奶奶果” |
[05:37] | I also need a | 我还需要 |
[05:38] | pack of playing cards, | 一盒扑克牌 |
[05:41] | acne cream, | 祛痘膏 |
[05:43] | and also, some, uh, | 还得买些… |
[05:45] | donuts. | 甜甜圈 |
[05:47] | A couple of hunks of cheese wouldn’t hurt, either. | 两包厚”块”奶酪也无妨 |
[05:51] | I also needed… uh… | 我还要买… |
[05:54] | ah, grapes. | 葡萄 |
[05:56] | And a… | 还有一个… |
[05:58] | Snickers bar. | 士力架… |
[06:00] | Nutella was on my list. | 单子上有榛子巧克力酱 |
[06:02] | And a good old Zagnut. | 以及老牌好物坚果棒 |
[06:04] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[06:06] | Now that I had my list memorized, | 既然我的清单已经记住了 |
[06:08] | I went to the supermarket to buy everything. | 我就去了超市采购 |
[06:11] | But even though I knew exactly what I wanted, | 然而即使我清楚想买什么 |
[06:14] | I had a really hard time finding | 我仍然费了很大劲去找 |
[06:15] | some things in the store. | 这些东西在超市里的位置 |
[06:17] | The only available employee was | 唯一一个有空的员工 |
[06:19] | a security robot. | 是个安保机器人 |
[06:22] | The rest of the staff was preoccupied | 其他的员工都很忙 |
[06:24] | because someone had actually just run out of the store with | 因为有人刚刚跑出了商店 |
[06:27] | a bunch of groceries without paying, | 没给钱顺走了一堆东西 |
[06:29] | and nobody knew what to do. | 让所有人手足无措 |
[06:32] | The robot looked trustworthy and wise, | 这个机器人面相可信 眼神智慧 |
[06:34] | and I couldn’t believe that | 我简直不敢相信 |
[06:35] | such a sophisticated pieceof technology | 这样一个高级的科技产物 |
[06:38] | would allow a robbery to take place in broad daylight. | 能允许光天化日之下发生抢劫 |
[06:42] | But maybe that’s not what it was, | 不过 那可能不是… |
[06:44] | programmed to do. | 它的程序设置… 吧 |
[06:48] | So I got as much as I could off the list… | 我尽可能地完成了我的清单 |
[06:50] | but I still couldn’t find any Zagnut bars. | 但我就是找不到坚果棒在哪 |
[06:54] | Unfortunately, this | 可惜的是 这个… |
[06:56] | fucking machine | 垃圾机器人 |
[06:57] | could not accept questions, | 不接受任何问题 |
[07:00] | but I finally spotted an employee | 不过 我总算发现了一个员工 |
[07:02] | who didn’t seem too busy. | 看着好像没那么繁忙 |
[07:04] | -What’s that? -A Zagnut bar? | -什么东西? -坚果棒 |
[07:06] | No. | 没有 |
[07:08] | It’s like a candy bar. | 就是一种甜食棒 |
[07:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:11] | It turned out, | 结果我发现… |
[07:12] | he didn’t actually work at Stop & Shop, | 他并不是”路边超市”连锁的员工 |
[07:15] | but he was the creator of the inventory software | 但他设计了库存软件 |
[07:18] | used to organize everything. | 可用于整理所有物品 |
[07:21] | Pretty much, from A to Z, all of their needs, | 基本上首字母从A到Z 超市需要的所有东西 |
[07:23] | anything that needs traceability, | 所有需要进行追踪的东西 |
[07:25] | is what our software is really good at. | 我们的软件都非常擅长处理 |
[07:27] | I told him I was making a student film about memory, | 我跟他说我在制作一部有关记忆的学生电影 |
[07:30] | and he started sharing some of | 他就开始分享他的一些… |
[07:32] | the weird experiences he’s had in the world of supermarket inventory. | 有关超市货品世界的怪异经历 |
[07:38] | I specifically remember | 我尤其记得 |
[07:39] | this being called Stouffer’s Stove top Stuffing. | 这款叫斯托弗炉台面馅料 |
[07:43] | But it’s always been, now, Kraft Stove top Stuffing. | 但现在发现一直都是卡夫炉台面馅料 |
[07:46] | And it’s always been that way, it wasn’t– | 一直都是这个牌子 并非… |
[07:47] | From the 1970s, it’s always been | 从七十年代到现在一直都是… |
[07:50] | Kraft. | 卡夫 |
[07:50] | But I remember the commercials, | 但我还记得那个广告 |
[07:52] | I remember everything about being it | 记得所有跟这东西相关的是 |
[07:54] | called Stouffer’s Stove top Stuffing. | 就是”斯托弗炉台面馅料” |
[07:56] | So, here’s another one, too. The Raisin Bran | 这是另一个 日升葡萄干 |
[07:58] | guy? | 这个小人 |
[07:59] | I know he always used to have sunglasses, | 我明明记得他有个墨镜 |
[08:02] | but now, he’s never wore sunglasses, ever. | 现在却发现他根本没戴过墨镜 |
[08:06] | Febreze, I always remember it being spelled | 风倍清 我一直记得它的拼写是 |
[08:09] | with two e’s, “Febreeze.” | 有两个e 是Febreeze |
[08:11] | Now it’s “Feb-rez.” | 现在发现是Febrez |
[08:12] | And it’s always been this way. Like, that’s the point… | 一直都是这么写 这就是… |
[08:15] | that I want to make. It’s always spelled this way, | 我想说的重点 拼写一直是这样 |
[08:17] | it’s never been spelled with the two e’s. | 从来都不是ee |
[08:20] | Not everything he said resonated with me, | 并不是他说的每一句话我都有共鸣 |
[08:22] | but I definitely thought, | 但我确实曾以为 |
[08:24] | “Febreze” had more e’s in it. | 风倍清不止一个e |
[08:27] | So, when he invited me back to his, uh, office | 所以在他邀请我去他… 办公室 |
[08:30] | to check out his inventory software, | 去看看他那个仓储软件的时候 |
[08:32] | I said, | 我答道… |
[08:33] | “Yes, sir.” | “是 长官” |
[08:35] | There’s no… there’s no Stove top Stuffing for Stouffer’s in… | 这里边并没有斯托弗牌的炉台面馅料 |
[08:39] | No stuffing. | 没有馅料 |
[08:40] | However, I’m gonna bring one up | 不过 我要给你看一个… |
[08:42] | that myself and my dad got into, like, a little | 我和我爸可能会发生些… |
[08:45] | kerfuffle about. | 争执的东西 |
[08:47] | It was about the JFK assassination. | 跟肯尼迪遇刺有点关系 |
[08:51] | Like, if you look at the picture of the car here, there’s, like… | 比如你看这张照片 会发现 |
[08:54] | all these extra people in the car. | 这里有这么多多余的人 |
[08:56] | I– I always remember there distinctly being | 我特别清楚地记得 |
[08:58] | four people in the car, | 车上只有四个人 |
[09:00] | and then as I was searching to try to find an answer, | 我就开始四处查找 想找到一点解答 |
[09:03] | because every video was the same Zapruder film, | 因为到处都是泽普鲁德那段视频 |
[09:06] | I saw, “JFK assassination Mandela effect.” | 我发现了”有关肯尼迪遇刺的曼德拉效应” |
[09:09] | I’m like, “Mandela effect? | 我寻思 “曼德拉效应?” |
[09:12] | What the heck is a Mandela effect?” | “曼德拉效应是个什么玩意?” |
[09:15] | Some people have a very distinct memory | 很多人都深以为 |
[09:18] | that Nelson Mandela was killed in prison in the late 1980s, | 纳尔逊·曼德拉在八十年代晚期在狱中被害 |
[09:22] | and then, I think around 2009, | 之后 大概是2009年 |
[09:25] | were kind of shocked to find out that | 他们很震惊地发现 |
[09:26] | Nelson Mandela was still alive. | 纳尔逊·曼德拉其实还活着 |
[09:29] | So that was the first recorded group remembering of an event | 这是指出 有集体记忆对某一事件 |
[09:29] | 曼德拉效应 你还记得吗? 热门话题 | |
[09:34] | that did not match the historical record. | 和历史记录不相符的现象 |
[09:36] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[09:38] | So, | 那… |
[09:39] | is– is there, like… | 有没有… |
[09:42] | What, uh… | 什么… |
[09:43] | The more you look into it, | 你越去挖据 |
[09:44] | the more you see these different things, | 就会发现越多不一样的东西 |
[09:46] | not just in food service, | 不仅仅是食品产业 |
[09:48] | but in geography of the planet. | 连地球的地质结构居然都有偏差? |
[09:51] | For example, I remember when South America | 比如 我记得以前都说南美 |
[09:55] | used to be under North America, | 就在北美的正下方 |
[09:57] | not pushed all the way out towards Africa. | 而不是偏向非洲的 |
[10:00] | Or your heart used to be offset to the left. | 或者比如以前说心脏在身体左侧 |
[10:03] | Now, it’s just about in the center of your chest. | 但现在又说是在胸腔正中 |
[10:06] | From what I remember, it used to be Sex in the City, | 我一直都记得是”欲望在都市” |
[10:08] | and now it’s Sex and the City. | 如今却发现是”欲望都市” |
[10:10] | Is the word “a lot” one word, a-l-o-t, or is it two words? | “很多”这个词 究竟是合在一起的”alot” 还是分开的? |
[10:14] | “Sometimes,” is it s-o-m-e– Is it two different words, or– | “有时” 到底是拆开的”some times” 还是… |
[10:18] | I actually called the Scotchgard company, | 我还给思高洁公司打过电话 |
[10:20] | and I’m like, “When did you guys change your product name | “你们什么时候把品牌的拼写 |
[10:22] | from ‘guard,’ g-u-a-r-d, to g-a-r-d?” | 从’Guard’变成’Gard’了” |
[10:26] | “Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.” | 镜中的物体比看起来更近 |
[10:31] | Is there a hidden meaning? | 这种事有什么隐藏含义吗? |
[10:33] | Are we being communicated with somehow | 是不是有什么人在通过某种方式跟我们交流 |
[10:36] | regarding these Mandela effects? | 鉴于有曼德拉效应的存在 |
[10:38] | Is it trying– Are we trying to be taught something | 他们是不是… 是不是想教给我们什么东西 |
[10:40] | that we haven’t quite grasped yet? | 但我们却暂时无法理解? |
[10:42] | So, myself and others are, like, really looking into that, | 因此我和很多人都做了深入的研究 |
[10:46] | and we’re starting to find patterns. | 然后我们发现了一些规律 |
[10:48] | I still didn’t have all my groceries, | 我还没买齐我需要的食材 |
[10:50] | but I was hypnotized by his elaborate theories. | 但我已经被他复杂的理论催眠了 |
[10:53] | Were you afraid of Y2K when it | 你当年有担心过”千年虫”… |
[10:55] | -was about to happen? -No, actually, I really wasn’t. | -会出现么 -没 还真没有 |
[10:58] | And I soon learned that | 我很快又得知 |
[10:59] | this was more than just a hobby for him. | 对他而言 这已不仅仅是个爱好 |
[11:01] | The first official | 第一届 正式的 |
[11:03] | Mandela Effect Conference is being organized, | 曼德拉效应大会已经组织成功 |
[11:06] | so that people | 这样人们… |
[11:07] | can feel at ease about | 可以安下心来 |
[11:09] | their memory, in that, | 在这里分享回忆 |
[11:11] | “Don’t worry, there’s a lot of people that have the same type of memories that you have, | “不用担心 世界上很多人有和你一样的记忆现象 |
[11:14] | and they’re– and they’re shared.” | 内容也是一样的” |
[11:16] | So there’s gonna be a group of people | 将会有一群人 |
[11:18] | coming together to talk about that. | 聚集在一起研讨这个议题 |
[11:19] | I think it’s gonna bean– an historic event. | 我认为这将是一次历史性事件 |
[11:20] | 吉利根如今是绿色的眼睛和黄褐色的帽子 天王星居然有环了 | |
[11:24] | After I left, I couldn’t stop noticing, | 离开之后 我不禁发现 |
[11:27] | little inconsistencies everywhere that I looked. | 四处都有一些小小的矛盾点 |
[11:30] | Is there always a dash in the “Coca-Cola”? | 可口可乐中间一直都有个连杠吗? |
[11:31] | 自由饮料运输公司 可口可乐 | |
[11:33] | The “Coca-Cola,” is there always a dash in there? | “Coca-Cola” 一直都有这个连杠吗? |
[11:35] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[11:36] | Oh, okay, but what about on the back of your jacket? | 好吧 那你外套背后是怎么回事呢? |
[11:39] | There’s no dash on there. | 你这里就没有 |
[11:40] | -There’s no dash? -Yeah. | -没有吗? -没 |
[11:41] | I’ve never seen it without the dash before. | 我从没见过他们不写那一杠 |
[11:43] | Nah, | 不是 |
[11:44] | it’s ’cause I had it–I had it made up. | 这是我定制的衣服 |
[11:46] | -Oh, okay. -I had it made up. | -好吧 -我自己定制的 |
[11:47] | That’s the only reason it don’t have the dash. | 所以没有那一杠 仅此而已 |
[11:49] | Oh, okay. | 好的吧 |
[11:51] | I wasn’t sure what was related to the Mandela effect or not. | 我不确定我这算不算产生了曼德拉效应 |
[11:56] | But there was definitely something going on. | 但绝对出现了问题 |
[11:56] | 进享渴口可乐 …这才是真的 | |
[11:59] | 著名烂片公司精神病院影业(The Asylum)2016年作品 代表作《鲨卷风》《环大西洋》 独立之日 | |
[12:02] | I walked outside of my apartment recently, | 最近 我走出家门 |
[12:04] | and I noticed that the city | 注意到市里… |
[12:06] | changed out all the garbage cans | 垃圾桶都变样了 |
[12:08] | to the older, | 变成了那种以前的… |
[12:10] | “Oscar the Grouch” style, | 牢骚鬼奥斯卡的样式 |
[12:12] | which I thought was weird. | 让我觉得很奇怪 |
[12:14] | As I kept walking, | 我沿街一直走 |
[12:16] | my neighbors looked different, too. | 发现我的邻居们… 也变样了 |
[12:19] | I was–I was getting really confused, | 我开始犯迷糊了 |
[12:22] | but I soon realized | 但我很快发现 |
[12:23] | I had actually just stumbled onto the set of a movie. | 我其实是闯进了电影片场 |
[12:27] | It was Stephen Spielberg’s remake of West Side Story. | 是斯皮尔伯格执导翻拍的《西区故事》 |
[12:31] | And they were pretending that | 剧组假装… |
[12:32] | Queens was the Upper West Side in the early ’40s. | 皇后区就是四十年代的曼哈顿上西区 |
[12:37] | For the rest of the week, | 那一周后面几天 |
[12:38] | it was hard to tell who was a human and who was an actor. | 真的很难判断出 谁是真人 谁才是演员 |
[12:43] | And I kept getting in trouble walking around | 而且遛弯时总会遇到麻烦 |
[12:45] | because I was from the wrong era. | 因为我的年代不对 |
[12:49] | A week later, | 一周之后 |
[12:50] | I thought my neighborhood was back to normal, | 我以为我这片社区恢复了正常 |
[12:53] | but it turned out they were, | 结果发现… |
[12:55] | just shooting another movie. | 有人在拍另一部电影 |
[12:58] | After that, | 从那之后 |
[12:59] | I had trouble trusting anything I saw. | 我对眼前的一切都失去了信任 |
[13:02] | And I just started assuming that | 开始假设 |
[13:03] | everything was a movie. | 这些全都是电影 |
[13:06] | This looks like a good one. | 这部看着不错 |
[13:09] | Excited for this one to come out. | 期待上映哦 |
[13:11] | But the more I paid attention, | 可我花费的精力越多 |
[13:13] | the more I wondered if | 越会好奇 |
[13:14] | some of this confusion was by design. | 有些迷惑印象是不是刻意营造的 |
[13:17] | I was walking by the Thanksgiving Day parade, and | 那天我路过感恩节游行的地段 |
[13:20] | I saw that there was a | 我目击了… |
[13:21] | malfunction with the Ronald McDonald balloon, | 麦当劳叔叔大气球的事故现场 |
[13:23] | and it had to be pulled in the middle of the event. | 只好在活动半截给放下来 |
[13:27] | But later, when I mentioned this to a friend who had watched the parade on TV, | 但之后 我跟看了游行直播的朋友聊起这件事 |
[13:31] | they had no idea what I was talking about. | 大家完全不知道我在说什么 |
[13:34] | It turned out, the live broadcast had | 结果发现是直播信号 |
[13:36] | had spliced in footage from last year’s float | 剪切了一部分去年的气球画面 |
[13:38] | to make it seem to viewers at home | 好在居家看直播的观众眼里 |
[13:40] | that everything was normal, | 一切都顺利进行着 |
[13:42] | while in reality, | 而现实中 |
[13:43] | Ronald’s deflating carcass was | 麦当劳叔叔漏气的尸骸 |
[13:45] | being pulverized in the middle of 42nd Street | 正在32大街上一点点地分解 |
[13:48] | while spectators watched in horror. | 观者无不心惊胆战 |
[13:52] | This act of deception created two groups of people | 这种欺骗术 让两拨人 |
[13:55] | with completely different memories of the same event, | 对同一件事有了截然不同的记忆 |
[13:59] | and neither of them is wrong. | 而且两方都是对的 |
[14:02] | 2019年西海岸曼德拉效应大会 2019年11月8日-10日 爱达荷州凯彻姆市 最佳西方酒店肯特林分店 | |
[14:03] | The conference that the guy mentioned was happening soon. | 那人提到的大会快要开幕了 |
[14:06] | And I was starting to feel like I shouldn’t miss it. | 我渐渐觉得 我不应该错过 |
[14:10] | So I caught a cheap flight to Ketchum, Idaho, | 所以我乘一驾廉航赶往了爱达荷州凯彻姆 |
[14:13] | where the first-ever Mandela Effect Conference | 有史以来第一届曼德拉效应大会 |
[14:16] | was being held at a Best Western, | 举办地点是一家最佳西方酒店 |
[14:17] | 最佳西方 特级 | |
[14:21] | “Plus” | 特级 |
[14:22] | in the Pow Wow Room. | …的帕瓦厅 |
[14:24] | The conference organizers were just getting set up. | 大会组织者还在进行布置工作 |
[14:28] | But once they installed their custom sign | 一等他们设置好了这个定制的标牌 |
[14:29] | 恭喜人类 我们成功了! | |
[14:32] | that they had shipped in, | 网购的 |
[14:34] | the host took a moment to chat with me. | 主持人得空跟我聊了一会 |
[14:37] | So, in my head, it’s always been “Berenstein” Bears. | 在我的脑海中 贝贝熊一直是”-stein”结尾 |
[14:40] | I learned to read on those books. | 这套书我自己读过 |
[14:42] | I was as sure as my next breath | 我就像确信自己还在喘气儿一样 |
[14:45] | that it was an e. | 确信后缀里是e |
[14:47] | Turns out it’s never been an e, it’s always been an a. | 结果发现根本不是e 一直都是a |
[14:50] | And that bothers me a lot. | 让我很是困扰 |
[14:52] | That was my first one I ever found. | 这是我发现的第一组 |
[14:55] | And I couldn’t let it go. | 让我念念不忘 |
[14:57] | When you know what you know, you can’t deny | 当你清楚你知道什么东西时 你没法否认… |
[15:00] | your memory. | 自己的记忆 |
[15:03] | Everyone started to file in | 大家鱼贯而入 |
[15:05] | and sample free veggies and dip. | 品尝果蔬和蘸料 |
[15:08] | The guy from the supermarket showed up, too. | 超市那位也出席了 |
[15:11] | 曼德拉效应: 是敌还是友? | |
[15:12] | There was a lot of literature there. | 展出了很多本书 |
[15:14] | And custom apparel | 还有定制的文化衫 |
[15:14] | 别跟我说话 除非你要聊 曼德拉效应 | |
[15:17] | and decals. | 还有贴纸 |
[15:17] | 狗屁转变 时有发生 | |
[15:19] | People were having very animated discussions about their different theories. | 大家绘声绘色地讨论着各自的理论 |
[15:22] | Like, I was just hearing that | 有一次我听人说起 |
[15:24] | -somebody remembered having a dog… -Right. | -记得养过一条狗 -嗯 |
[15:26] | …and then their mother’s like, “No, we never had a dog, | 但她母亲却说”咱家没养过狗 |
[15:29] | -we were a cat family. Never. “-Right, right. | -咱家养的是猫” -有这样的 |
[15:30] | And she has all these memories of this dog. | 但她有非常多关于那条狗的回忆 |
[15:33] | You know, where did they come from? | 能懂吧 哪来的这些记忆 |
[15:34] | -This happens a lot? -Yeah. | -这很常见么? -是啊 |
[15:36] | All the presenters talked about | 所有的发言者都聊到了 |
[15:37] | some of the most well-known, uh, Mandela effects. | 一些很有名的… 曼德拉效应现象 |
[15:41] | Minds were being absolutely obliterated | 大家的脑子全都成了浆糊 |
[15:43] | with all of this forbidden | 全归功于这些禁忌的… |
[15:45] | knowledge. | 知识 |
[15:46] | 我的觉醒事件: 双子塔陷落 2001年9月11日 | |
[15:46] | Now, when you look at this picture, do you see a Mandela effect? | 现在这张图 大家注意到曼德拉效应现象了么? |
[15:49] | -Yes. Yes. -Yeah. The stripes. | 发现了 |
[15:50] | The stripes! | 两道条纹 |
[15:52] | Those were never there before. | 之前没出现过 |
[15:53] | Not– not that I remember. | 反正我印象里没有 |
[15:56] | But the more I talked with people, | 但我跟大家聊得越多 |
[15:58] | the more I realized that | 我越发现 |
[16:00] | they didn’t think of this | 他们根本不认为 |
[16:01] | as a memory problem at all. | 这是记忆力的问题 |
[16:03] | What do I think the Mandela effect is? | 我认为曼德拉效应是什么? |
[16:08] | I would say it’s a timeline shift, | 我认为是一种时间线转变 |
[16:10] | you know, um, proof of the multi verse… | 就是… 多重宇宙的证明 |
[16:13] | you know, different timelines. | 懂吧 不同的时间线 |
[16:16] | It’s like evidential existence of parallel timelines. | 可以当作平行时间线存在的证据 |
[16:22] | Everyone there, | 此地的每一个人 |
[16:23] | no matter their individual experience, | 不论他们的个人经历如何 |
[16:26] | was on the same page about this. | 在这件事上他们意见一致 |
[16:27] | 时间线 ·可以你个体 群体甚至整个星球进行量子跳跃 ·我们的记忆和交汇跳点的记忆混杂在了一起 ·曼德拉效应是是时间线跳跃的同时 保持者前一时间线的记忆的结果 | |
[16:27] | So, the Mandela effect | 因此曼德拉效应 |
[16:29] | is the consequence of jumping timelines | 是时间线跳跃的 |
[16:32] | while holding memories of the previous timeline. | 同时保持者前一时间线的记忆的结果 |
[16:37] | In their minds, their memories were perfect, | 他们认为 自己的记忆是完美无缺的 |
[16:40] | and they were the chosen few who could remember details from | 他们作为天选之人 可以记住从前… |
[16:43] | alternate dimensions that they once inhabited. | 生活过的另一维度的细节 |
[16:46] | 2005年”复活”的名人 我记得珍·古道尔死于1985年 本尼西奥·德尔·托罗死于2001年前后 ——然而直到2019年他们都还活着 | |
[16:46] | And I remember Benicio del Toro, | 我还记得本尼西奥·德尔·托罗 |
[16:49] | he died around 2001. | 大概在2001年去世了 |
[16:51] | I think both of them are still alive right now, I hope, | 我感觉他们应该都还活着呢 应该吧 |
[16:54] | and I’m not sure what that’s about, | 我也不太懂这是怎么回事 |
[16:56] | but it is interesting. | 不过挺有趣的 |
[16:58] | 纠缠的黑洞: 通向多重宇宙 经典虫洞 莱纳德·苏斯金德与 胡安马尔达赛纳提出 新型虫洞 麻省理工朱利安·松纳 提出 两个纠缠的夸克 可以产生连接两者的虫洞 | |
[16:58] | They were using the most complicated | 他们运用一些可能是最复杂的… |
[17:00] | scientific theories possible to explain what most people | 科学理论 去解释一些多数人 |
[17:04] | would consider everyday forgetfulness. | 认为是日常健忘的现象 |
[17:07] | Personally, I think– I’ve– I’ve done this. | 我个人 我感觉… 我干过这种事 |
[17:09] | Literally, I’ll have a pen that I’d like to write with. | 实话实说 我有一支特别喜欢用来写字的笔 |
[17:12] | I put it down, I stood up, turned around, | 我… 我放下它 站起来 转个身 |
[17:15] | and went, “Oh, I want the pen, “and it was gone. | 然后想起”我得拿上笔” 再一看已经没了 |
[17:17] | It was not there. | 笔不见了 |
[17:19] | And I just… looked on the floor, | 我只好… 地上瞧瞧 |
[17:21] | looked on the table, nothing. | 桌上瞧瞧 都没有 |
[17:23] | Three days later, I’m sitting at the computer | 三天之后 我坐在电脑前 |
[17:26] | like this with the pen, | 像这样拿着笔 |
[17:27] | and I have no idea where it came from. | 完全不记得从哪冒出来的 |
[17:32] | No. | 不记得 |
[17:33] | I purchased his book to learn more | 我买了他的书 像更多了解 |
[17:35] | about his, uh, quantum timeline theory, | 他这个… 量子时间理论 |
[17:38] | and I took it back to my room, | 于是就带回房间去看 |
[17:40] | which was conveniently on the other side of the wall | 回去也很方便 我房间一墙之隔 |
[17:43] | from the convention space. | 就是会议室 |
[17:45] | There wasn’t a lot of science in there, | 书里便并没有多少很科学的内容 |
[17:48] | but in the first 30 pages, | 反正在前30页里 |
[17:50] | the author claims to have invented Pokémon… | 这位作者声称自己设计了宝可梦游戏 |
[17:53] | and met Mark Twain in a hot tub. | 还在澡堂子里见过马克吐温 |
[17:53] | 曼德拉效应是什么? 时间旅行? 矩阵中的程序错误? 量子永生? 意识转换? 混合时间线? 自然现 象? 还是物理现实的分子结构在 我们眼皮底下的切换? 一个男人异常而又 超自然的真实经历 | |
[17:57] | This didn’t explain much, | 这里并没什么解释 |
[17:58] | and I was hoping to get more of an explanation when the Q&A began. | 我也期盼着能在问答环节得到更多的解答 |
[18:12] | It’s usually, um, some kind of, like, | 一般是某种… |
[18:15] | hard drive technologies. | 硬盘技术 |
[18:18] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[18:20] | -Silicon. -Yeah, I think ultimate– | -硅 -我认为主要… |
[18:21] | yeah, ultimately silicon. | 嗯 主要是硅 |
[18:24] | Yeah, yeah. | 对 |
[18:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:37] | The conference was almost over. | 大会差不多结束了 |
[18:40] | but before leaving, | 不过我走之前 |
[18:41] | I decided to spend some time with the organizer, Jerry. | 我决定再找组织者杰瑞聊聊 |
[18:45] | He wanted to show me the town’s other Best Western, | 他要带我去镇上的另一家佳西酒店 |
[18:49] | where he worked as a night manager | 他在那边当夜班经理 |
[18:51] | and actually lived there too. | 而且实际就住在那里 |
[18:54] | According to science, | 科学的说法是 |
[18:55] | we’re in the Orion Arm of the Milky Way. | 我们处在银河系的猎户臂上 |
[18:57] | Generally speaking, the dash was always | 总的来说 那一杠一直都在 |
[18:59] | in the middle on the Coca-Cola logo. | 可口可乐的商标中间 |
[19:01] | The company Costc | 仓储超市开市客 |
[19:03] | lost their t. | 中间的t没了 |
[19:05] | Another strange thing about the flip-flops | 这种”双态震荡”另一个诡异的点在于 |
[19:07] | is all evidence of the flip disappears after the flop. | 很多第一态的证据都在第二态出现后消失了 |
[19:11] | So, are your coworkers gonna be in there? | 你的同事们都在吗? |
[19:12] | They will be. They will be. | 在的 在的 |
[19:14] | And all of them are affected, too. | 而且他们都出现过曼德拉现象 |
[19:16] | They were actually affected before I ever got here. | 其实在我来之前他们就出现了 |
[19:19] | ‘Cause people asked them the questions, | 因为住客们会问各种问题 |
[19:21] | and they realized that | 然后发现有些事 |
[19:22] | things aren’t the way they remember ’em either. | 跟他们记忆中的也不一样 |
[19:27] | One of our amazing front desk managers, | 我们最棒的前台经理之一 |
[19:29] | Miss Brooklyn. | 布鲁克林小姐 |
[19:31] | have–have you been affected? | 你出现过曼德拉现象么? |
[19:34] | Yeah, actually because of him, | 有啊 因为这位的出现 |
[19:36] | I’ve realized that a lot, I have, yeah. | 我发现了我出现了很多次 |
[19:39] | -Absolutely. -Like what? | -绝对有过 -比如呢? |
[19:40] | Well, like “Kit Kat.” “Febreze” blew my mind. | 比如奇巧啊 风倍清这样的 让我很诧异 |
[19:42] | “Froot Loops.” | 果果燕麦圈 |
[19:44] | Oh, so it’s, like,the spelling of things? | -都是拼写的问题 -对啊 |
[19:45] | Yeah, just the spelling, and the way I remember it. | 拼写和我记忆中的不太一样 |
[19:48] | Do you think this has a lot to do with memory, | 你认为这主要是记忆力的问题 |
[19:50] | or is it something different? | 还是别的什么问题? |
[19:51] | I personally think it’s memory. | 我个人觉得是记忆力的问题 |
[19:53] | That’s me. | 我的观点 |
[19:53] | But I know these guys think a little bit differently, | 我知道他的朋友们有不同的想法 |
[19:55] | but I think it’s memory. | 我就觉得是记忆力 |
[19:56] | -No, please be honest, whatever you think. -No, yeah. | -没事 有想法直说就好 -没啊 是实话 |
[19:59] | We talk. | 我们可以聊嘛 |
[20:00] | -Absolutely. -Yeah. | -没问题 -行吧 |
[20:07] | Not gonna lie, I’m a bachelor. | 实话实说 我是个单身狗 |
[20:10] | Me, too. | 我也 |
[20:12] | -Really? Very nice. -Yeah. | -真的? 挺好的 -是啊 |
[20:13] | It’s the way to be, man. | 这样活着挺好的 小兄弟 |
[20:16] | Save a lot more money that way. | 省了多少钱呢 |
[20:22] | So, let me turn the question on you. | 该我对你提问了 |
[20:23] | Are you affected? | 你遇到过么? |
[20:26] | Yeah, I mean, I– | 嗯 我… |
[20:28] | Which ones just really grabbed you and said, | 有哪个特别困扰你 让你觉得 |
[20:30] | “Oh my god, some–That’s not right”? | “我的妈呀 这不对啊” |
[20:33] | the rearview mirror. | 后视镜 |
[20:34] | “Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.” | “镜中的物体可能比看起来更近” |
[20:36] | Right! | 说得好! |
[20:38] | It seemed like I had found the one place where | 我似乎终于找到了一个地方… |
[20:40] | the worse your memory was, | 你记忆力越差… |
[20:43] | the more people liked you. | 这里的人越喜欢你 |
[20:44] | And they would go to great lengths | 而且他们会竭尽全力 |
[20:46] | to make you feel accepted. | 让你有被接纳的感觉 |
[20:48] | Here we go! | 找到了! |
[20:51] | “Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.” | “镜中的物体比看起来更近” |
[20:53] | ‘Cause you remember “may be,” right? | 你也记得有”可能” 是吧? |
[20:55] | Yes, sir! | 是 长官! |
[20:58] | It felt kind of nice to be validated so easily. | 轻易就被认可的感觉挺开心的 |
[21:02] | And I was almost sad that it was time to go back home. | 一想到快要回家了 我甚至有一点点难过 |
[21:06] | When I landed in New York, I was hungry, | 在纽约落地之后 我非常饿 |
[21:08] | so I stopped for lunch at an airport restaurant called CBGB. | 所以我在机场餐厅CBGB稍作停留 |
[21:14] | It seemed like it had a lot of music-themed decor, | 里边好像有很多音乐主题的… 装饰 |
[21:17] | but I was here for the food. | 不过我是来吃东西的 |
[21:20] | I ended up getting their signature hot dog | 我最终点了他们的招牌热狗 |
[21:22] | for twelve dollars, | 花了12美元 |
[21:24] | and it wasn’t half bad. | 而且也没有特别难吃 |
[21:29] | When I got home, | 回家之后 |
[21:30] | I tried to write everything | 我试图几下所有 |
[21:31] | from that weekend down in my calendar, | 周末到当日的事情 |
[21:34] | but I got distracted and | 不过 我走神了… |
[21:35] | started looking at old entries. | 开始翻阅以前的记录 |
[21:37] | And I eventually read everything, | 最终我看了所有… |
[21:40] | from the beginning, chronologically. | 从一开始 按照年份做的记录 |
[21:43] | It was the first time I had ever done that, | 我头一次完整地进行回顾 |
[21:45] | and it felt like I was reading about a different person. | 而我感觉看到的是另一个人的一生 |
[21:49] | I remember being spontaneous in my 20s, | 我记得 在20多岁时的无意识状态 |
[21:52] | but everything I read | 但我所读到的 |
[21:53] | proved that I was a slave to routine. | 全都证明了我是日程的奴隶 |
[21:56] | And I noticed relationship patterns | 我也注意到了我谈恋爱的模板 |
[21:59] | that I had been trying to ignore. | 之前一直试图无视来着 |
[22:03] | By the end of it, I was in a terrible mood. | 看完之后 我情绪很差 |
[22:05] | And I realized that maybe it’s | 我也意识到 可能… |
[22:07] | unnatural to try to preserve some things. | 想要保留住什么东西的想法 很反自然 |
[22:13] | The way the past exists in our head | 过去怎样留在我们脑海中 |
[22:16] | is not always the way that we experienced it. | 和我们的实际经历并不总相同 |
[22:18] | And at the end of the day, | 折腾了一天之后 |
[22:20] | there will always be distortions | 总会出现失真的 |
[22:22] | as long as humans are responsible for remembering everything. | 只要还是人脑在负责记下所有东西 |
[22:26] | So enjoy this fantasy while you can, | 所以趁着还有记忆力的时候享受这种奇观吧 |
[22:30] | because if you’re having a bad day today, | 因为如果你今天过得不顺 |
[22:33] | you can always remember it being better tomorrow. | 你总能想起 明天会好的 |
[22:36] | ♪Meat Loaf ‘Objects in the Rear-View Mirror’♪ | ♪肉面包《后视镜中的物体》♪ |
[22:40] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[22:45] | ♪And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪后视镜中的物体♪ |
[22:48] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[22:53] | ♪And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪后视镜中的物体♪ |
[22:56] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:01] | ♪And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:04] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:11] | ♪they are♪ | ♪更近♪ |
[23:15] | ♪And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:18] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:22] | ♪-They are closer. -And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪-就是更近 -后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:26] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:29] | ♪-They are closer. -And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪-就是更近 -后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:33] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:37] | ♪-They are closer. -And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪-就是更近 -后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:40] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:44] | ♪-They are closer. -And objects in the rear-view mirror♪ | ♪-就是更近 -后视镜中的物体♪ |
[23:48] | ♪May appear closer than they are♪ | ♪可能比看起来更近♪ |
[23:57] | This is John Wilson. | 我是约翰·威尔逊 |
[23:59] | Thanks for watching. | 感谢收看 |
[24:01] | —————————— | 导演 约翰·威尔逊 |
[24:01] | —————————— | 欢迎关注 英美剧漫游指南 播客 微信 微博等 |
[24:03] | —————————— | 剧本 约翰·威尔逊 迈克尔·科曼 爱丽丝·格里高利 |
[24:05] | —————————— | 执行制片人 内森·费尔德 |
[24:05] | —————————— | 翻译 季叽馥疾己 |
[24:07] | —————————— | 执行制片人 约翰·威尔逊 |
[24:07] | —————————— | 特效 季叽馥疾己 |
[24:10] | —————————— | 执行制片人 迈克尔·科曼 |
[24:12] | —————————— | 执行制片人 克拉克·莱恩金 |
[24:14] | —————————— | 制片人 布兰登·麦克修 |
[24:14] | —————————— KAi | 双语重置 |
[24:16] | —————————— | 剪辑 亚当·洛克-诺顿 |
[24:19] | —————————— | 音乐总监 梅根·科瑞尔 |
[24:21] | —————————— | 联合制片 亚当·洛克-诺顿 |
[25:08] | I sat here eating a tub of | 我坐在这里吃一桶… |
[25:10] | coffee ice cream | 咖啡雪糕 |
[25:11] | and I– | 然后被我… |
[25:12] | I spilled it on the furniture. | 被我弄洒在了家具上 |
[25:17] | What about you? What have you spilled here? | 你呢? 你在这打翻过什么东西? |
[25:19] | Oh, I have never spilled anything. | 我可没打翻过东西 |
[25:21] | -Oh, really? -Yeah. | -真的吗? -对啊 |
[25:23] | I’m very careful. | 我超小心的呢 |