时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Where’s Danny? | Danny呢? |
[00:08] | I don’t know.He disappeared just after we took off. | 不知道 上飞机后 就再没见过他 |
[00:11] | Here he is. | 他在那儿! |
[00:20] | Right,listen,it’s been fun,hasn’t it? | 好的 今天过得很开心 |
[00:22] | All right and I’m going to call you just like I promised I said I would. | 我会给你们打电话的 我保证过 |
[00:25] | How’s your head? | 你的头怎么样了? |
[00:27] | That’s all right,I’ll call engineering.I’ll get that soap dispenser… | 没大碍 我会告诉技术部 |
[00:29] | moved down a little bit.It’s dangerous,could have your eye out. | 叫他们把给皂机弄低点 太危险了 可能会弄伤眼睛 |
[00:33] | Okay,got to go.Big kiss. | 好了 该走了 亲一个! |
[00:36] | There it is,go on. | 很好 走吧! |
[00:48] | – Finished? – Yeah,just having a flashback. | – 看够了没? – 哦 让我有点触景生情 |
[00:53] | -Ash,get us a car. – Right. | – Ash 弄辆车来 – 没问题 |
[00:56] | So that’s where you disappeared to? | 那就是你消失的原因? |
[00:58] | Well,there’s something about trolley dollies.It must be all that makeup. | 空姐们有点小麻烦 鸡毛蒜皮的小事而已 |
[01:01] | – Three hours? – Oh,no. | – 花了3个小时? – 哦 没有 |
[01:05] | No,the last two,I was flying the plane. | 后两个小时 我在驾驶飞机 |
[03:02] | – Nice place. – Start as you mean to go on. | – 环境不错 – 随时可以开始 |
[03:07] | Mick? Mick? | |
[03:16] | Look I don’t care if he does know the Chancellor… | 听着 我才不在乎他认识什么大臣 |
[03:19] | the price is still nine million,non-negotiable.Hold.Yes? | 900万的价钱 没的商量 等一下 什么事? |
[03:24] | There seems to be some confusion over the reservation. | 预约名单上有点问题 |
[03:28] | – There wasn’t one. – Janet? | – 没有您的名字 – Janet? |
[03:30] | Well,I called this morning to confirm. | 我今早打电话来确认过了 |
[03:34] | I’m sure it was just an oversight. | 我想 只是出了个小纰漏 |
[03:36] | Our reservations clerk is new. | 我们的前台小姐是新手 |
[03:39] | So new in fact,she forgot to swipe your credit card. | 甚至有时候会忘了让客人刷卡 |
[03:41] | And you are? | 你是…? |
[03:43] | I’m the manager. | 我是经理 |
[03:44] | – Yes,Nigel? – Yes. | – 哦 Nigel 是吧? – 是的 |
[03:46] | Nigel,I will see to it right away. | Nigel 我一会来处理 好吧 |
[03:49] | Well,if I could just take it– | 好的 不过如果我可以先…. |
[03:51] | Excuse me.Yes,I’m still here. | 对不起 是的 我在听 |
[03:53] | Yes,and the price is still the same.Would you hold please? | 好的 价钱还是不变 请您稍等一下 |
[03:56] | Thank you for dealing with this matter personally,I will get right on it. | 很感谢您亲自来处理这件事情 我一会就来 |
[03:59] | Right. | 好的 |
[04:01] | – Thank you. – No problem. | – 打扰了 – 没问题 |
[04:05] | Okay,let’s do what we do best. | 打起精神 开工了! |
[04:51] | Let me get this straight.What you’re telling me is… | 恕我直言 你想说的是 |
[04:54] | you’re going to take my 100,000 in cash… | 你打算从我这里拿走10万现金 |
[04:56] | do your little share scam thing… | 去做你那无聊的股票生意 |
[04:59] | then bring me back half a million,in five days,is that right? | 5天内 能还给我50万 是不是? |
[05:02] | Guaranteed.But we’ll have to be quick. | 绝对没错 不过我们得快点 |
[05:04] | Crown Offshore find out that we’ve manipulated their stock… | Crown Offshore一旦察觉到 我们控制了他们的股票 |
[05:07] | we’ll be dead in the water. | 我们就玩完了 |
[05:09] | Come on,think about it,Howard. | 来吧 想想看 Howard |
[05:11] | A guaranteed minimum return of 500%,no risk,no fuss. | 起码5倍的利润 没有任何风险和麻烦 |
[05:17] | – It sounds fantastic. – It is. | – 好象很不可思议 – 没错! |
[05:20] | Your competitors will be sick when they find out… | 当你的竞争者发现 你在这上面赚了多少钱 |
[05:22] | how much money you’ve made on the deal. | 他们一定会被气死的 |
[05:24] | And you’re willing to let me in? | 所以你打算让我加入? |
[05:26] | First name on my list. | 第一想到的就是你 |
[05:29] | Half a mil,one hit. | 一次就拿回50万? |
[05:30] | – No questions asked. – I’ve got a question. | – 没问题了? – 还有一个问题 |
[05:33] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[05:36] | Where on my forehead does it say cash dispenser? | 我的额头上写着”提款机”三个字吗? |
[05:40] | – I’m not with you. – Really? | – 这次我就不参与了 – 是吗? |
[05:42] | Let me spell it out for you,as you’re clearly not the sharpest tool in the box. | 既然你还不知道出了什么问题 那么 让我来说清楚吧 |
[05:46] | You tell me about this great deal you have. | 你告诉我有这么一件事 |
[05:48] | Guy on the inside,guaranteed returns,blah,blah,blah. | 有内应 获得无风险的利润等等 |
[05:51] | I give you a grand,you give me four back.You with me so far? | 我给你1000块 你还我4000块 那时你也参与了 |
[05:55] | I’ll take that as a yes.So now I’m three grand up. | 我会觉得这是可信的 所以 现在我拿到了3000块利润 |
[05:59] | Thank you very much,by the way. | 还是得谢谢你的 |
[06:01] | You’re three grand down,but you’re hoping that’s a good investment. | 你少了3000块 但是你希望投入之后能有回报 |
[06:04] | Why?Because giving me three grand should convince me to give you more. | 为什么?因为给了我3000块 就能够让我相信你 给你更多钱 |
[06:07] | Let’s call it bait. | 这个就是”引诱” |
[06:09] | You all right?You look a bit peaky.Can I get you a drink or something? | 你还好吗?你看起来有点沮丧 来点喝的? |
[06:13] | No?So. | 不用?好吧 |
[06:15] | Now I give you a suitcase full of money,cash of course. | 然后 我给你一大箱子的钱 当然都是现金 |
[06:18] | After all,I can trust you,can’t I? | 毕竟 我可以信任你了 是不是? |
[06:20] | You’ve already made me money. | 你曾经帮我赚到过钱 |
[06:22] | Only this time… | 只是这次… |
[06:25] | you disappear. | 你消失了 |
[06:28] | Simple.Imaginative. | 简单 完美的计划 |
[06:31] | What could go wrong? | 绝对不会出差错 |
[06:33] | Okay,that’s it.Deal’s off. | 好吧 既然你这么说 交易取消 |
[06:38] | Clear you don’t trust me. | 显然你并不信任我 |
[06:40] | I suggest we call it a day. | 那么我们就到此为止吧 |
[06:42] | But my money’s here. | 可是 我的钱已经带来了 |
[06:45] | No,I’ll find someone who appreciates what I’m offering. | 不用了 我已经找到其他感兴趣的人了 |
[06:49] | I appreciate it,really I do.Please.Please take my money. | 我有兴趣 当然有兴趣 拿吧 拿走我的钱 |
[06:53] | Do your magic thing one more time. | 再来一次你那神奇的赚钱术 |
[07:11] | Okay,look,you’re 3,000 to the good. | 好吧 听着 你已经拿到3000块了 |
[07:15] | Let’s just leave things as they are. | 我们就当什么都没发生过 |
[07:26] | No,let’s not. | 不 我不同意 |
[07:30] | Give this to the police. | 把这个交给警察 |
[07:37] | Oh,no. | 哦 不! |
[07:39] | What kind of welcome’s that? | 这算哪门子的欢迎方式? |
[07:40] | The kind you get when you disappear without paying your tab. | 谁让你们没付清帐单就消失了 |
[07:43] | We thought you’d be pleased to see us. | 还以为 你会很高兴见到我们的 |
[07:46] | My accountant said I should bar you until you pay up. | 会计认为 没结清欠款前 不做你们的生意为妙 |
[07:50] | -You’ve got an accountant? – Yes. | – 你请会计了? – 是的 |
[07:55] | So,you’re all barred. | 所以 你们都被拒之门外了 |
[07:59] | Okay,Eddie,if that’s the way you feel about it. | 好吧 Eddie 如果你想那么做的话 |
[08:02] | – How about one last drink? – For old times’ sake. | – 来最后一杯 行不行? – 为过去的时光 |
[08:09] | Okay,one drink. | 好吧 就一杯! |
[08:10] | Cheers,Eddie,bring them over. | 谢了 Eddie 拿过来吧 |
[08:12] | And put them on our tab. | 哦 别忘了记在帐上 |
[08:18] | We got a lottery winner here. | 这里有个抽中乐透奖的 |
[08:20] | If you beat the odds of fourteen million-to-one… | 如果你想玩1400万:1的游戏 |
[08:22] | you deserve to keep your money. | 还是留着你的钱吧 |
[08:24] | Telecommunications boss gets golden handshake. | 通信大亨获得大笔解聘费? |
[08:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:36] | Hello? | 喂? |
[08:38] | Alice Alice Alice! Alice,Alice,Alice! | |
[08:41] | God,yeah.Yeah,of course I remember. | 天 当然 我当然记得你 |
[08:44] | Yeah,mine is,too,it’s killing me. | 是的 我也是 都快死了 |
[08:47] | I can’t talk right now,sweetheart,’cause I’m,you know,I’m just about to…. | 我现在不能讲电话 宝贝 因为 我正在… |
[08:51] | I’m just about to go into theater. | 剧院正在入场 |
[08:54] | Yeah,all right,I’ll definitely call you back.Definitely. | 是的 好的 我会给你回电话的 一定 |
[08:57] | All right,goodbye. | 好的 再见 |
[09:00] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:02] | You’re a very sick man,Danny. | 你真是个令人作呕的家伙 Danny |
[09:04] | Look at me,surrounded by angels. | 羡慕我被美女围绕着? |
[09:07] | All right,this is your last drink,then you’re all barred. | 好吧 最后一杯 喝完 你们就可以走了 |
[09:11] | You really should work on your customer service,Edward. | 你该改进下服务态度了 Edward |
[09:13] | – You’re almost there. – I save that for paying customers. | – 真是每况愈下 – 那些付了帐的客人才有好脸色看 |
[09:22] | I suppose you’ve heard about Harry. | 我想你们都听说Harry的事了吧 |
[09:24] | – Who? – Harry Holmes,one of your lot,ain’t he? | – 谁? – Harry Holmes 跟你们一样的 是不是? |
[09:28] | – Old-time grifter. – Yeah,he’s one of the best. | – 老一代的骗术专家 – 是的 他是最厉害的之一 |
[09:31] | What happened,Harry. | 怎么会这样 Harry? |
[09:32] | Seems he was taken for 30,000 a few years back. | 好象几年前 他被人骗走了3万 |
[09:36] | He remembered the sequence. | 他记下了手法 |
[09:38] | So he took you for the convincer,and then turned you in? | 所以 他让你相信他上当了 然后再把你告发了? |
[09:43] | – How much? – 3,000. | – 花了多少钱? – 3000 |
[09:47] | This is what I don’t get,right. | 对了 这我就不明白了 |
[09:49] | Why didn’t he just pocket your three grand and,you know,let you walk away? | 为什么他不直接拿了这3000块 然后 放你走就是了 |
[09:54] | He loved it,you know? | 他喜欢这么干 知道吧 |
[09:56] | Telling me how clever he was. | 炫耀他自己有多聪明 |
[09:58] | Taped every conversation we had,then made a full statement. | 把我们所有的对话都录音 然后全部作为证据 |
[10:03] | So who is he? | 他是谁? |
[10:05] | A young high flier called Howard Jennings. | 一个年轻的投机者 叫Howard Jennings |
[10:08] | He’s a property broker.He finds land for the major developers to build on. | 他是个地产经济人 他为很多地产商 寻找可供开发的地块 |
[10:12] | Nasty piece of work. | 做些污秽不堪的勾当 |
[10:15] | I really thought I had him. | 我是真的以为 他上当了 |
[10:18] | He’s obsessive,always one step ahead,has files on all his opponents. | 他很急进 总是提前一步 获悉所有对手的资料 |
[10:23] | Checks everything out,nothing left to chance. | 了解所有的事 不留一丝机会给对手 |
[10:26] | A rival company snatched a large parcel of land… | 上个月 某个竞争公司 |
[10:28] | from under his nose last month. | 在他的眼皮子底下 弄走了一大块地皮 |
[10:30] | Took a nine iron to his own desk. | 他用高尔夫球杆砸碎了办公桌 |
[10:36] | It’s like he needs a course in anger management. | 看上去 他需要学学如何控制情绪 |
[10:39] | Made worse when they discovered a cache of old Roman coins during excavation. | 更糟糕的是 他们在挖掘土地的时候 竟然发现了古罗马时期的硬币 |
[10:44] | Worth a fortune,apparently. | 显然 价值连城 |
[10:46] | Made him a laughingstock. | 那件事 让他成为了笑柄 |
[10:48] | Sounds like it couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. | 似乎 好人是不会有这种遭遇的 |
[10:56] | – Do you need anything? – No.Thanks,Mickey,but I’m fine. | – 你还需要点什么? – 不用 谢了 Mickey 不过我很好 |
[11:01] | I appreciate you coming,though.Know it couldn’t have been easy. | 不过 很高兴你们能来看我 我知道 那样做并不容易 |
[11:07] | Mick,did you have to dress like that when you were inside? | Mick 你在里面的时候 也穿成那样吗? |
[11:09] | – Drop it,Danny. – It was a joke. | – 别提了 Danny – 只是开个玩笑 |
[11:11] | – A bad one. – Sorry,Mick,no offense. | – 这个玩笑糟透了 – 抱歉 Mick 我无意冒犯 |
[11:14] | None taken. | 不用穿成那样 |
[11:15] | Listen,right,listen up. | 听着 好吧 大家听好 |
[11:17] | I say we take this Jennings bloke. | 我想 我们来搞定Jennings这个家伙 |
[11:20] | – We can’t. – Why not? | – 我们不行 – 为什么不行? |
[11:22] | – Tell him,Ash. – Well,he’s clued up. | – 告诉他 Ash – 好吧 他知道太多了 |
[11:24] | When some realize they’ve been conned,they get obsessed by it. | 当有人发现他们被骗了 他们就会更小心 |
[11:27] | You know,research the subject. | 做很多相关的调查 |
[11:29] | And if he knows enough to take convincer money off a good grifter like Harry… | 他知道很多 足以迷惑Harry这样的熟手 并且反过来骗得钱财 |
[11:33] | that’s what he’s done. | 正如他所做的 |
[11:34] | Which means they can’t be taken again. | 也就是说 他不会再次上当 |
[11:36] | First rule of the con… | 诈骗的首要原则… |
[11:38] | always stay one step ahead of the mark. | 凡事 都要比人早一步下手 |
[11:40] | Hang on a minute. | 等一下 |
[11:41] | I thought the first rule of the con was you can’t cheat an honest man. | 我记得首要原则是 你不能欺骗老实人 |
[11:44] | – It’s that,too. – Yeah,can he do that,Albert? | – 这条也是 – 这也可以吗 Albert? |
[11:47] | Can he just change the first rule when he wants? | 只要他想 他就可以更改首要原则? |
[11:49] | You can’t con someone who knows when they’re being conned. | 当他们知道有人在骗他们 你就不能再去骗他们了 |
[11:51] | You’re saying,this bloke’s too clever for us? | 你的意思是 这个家伙比我们都聪明? |
[11:53] | No,I’m saying we play percentages. | 不 我的意思是 我们只打有把握的仗 |
[11:55] | And if the mark knows the plays,it leaves us nowhere to go. | 如果 目标知道诈骗的规则 我们就没什么可玩了 |
[11:59] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:03] | No,idiot. | 天 真讨厌! |
[12:04] | Hello,gorgeous girl. | 嗨 美女 |
[12:05] | Yes,I’m with a patient.Who? | 是的 和病人在一起 谁? |
[12:10] | One of the passengers,that’s right. | 是的 我们是在旅途中邂逅的 |
[12:12] | Yeah,it’s the turbulence in the air….Sickness,nightmare. | 没错 遇到气流 太恐怖了 象是场噩梦 |
[12:16] | All right,yeah,I’ll call you,of course.Bye. | 好的 我会给你打电话的 一定 再见 |
[12:19] | Look. | 听着 |
[12:20] | What’s the one thing you’ve said to me more than anything else? | 难道你们就没其他的 想对我说的? |
[12:24] | Apart from ”Shut up,Danny.” | 除了”闭嘴 Danny” |
[12:27] | Listen,now,everyone has a way in,all right,everyone’s got a weakness. | 听着 每个人都有缺陷 是吧?人人都有弱点的 |
[12:31] | Maybe he’s the exception that proves the rule. | 也许他就是这个原则的例外 |
[12:34] | Maybe he’s not,okay? | 也可能不是 对不? |
[12:35] | A mark is a mark is a mark… | 是人就会有缺陷 就会有弱点 |
[12:38] | is a mark. | 就可以下手 |
[12:39] | All right,look,there’s no point doing all this Kung Fu,Grassyhopper stuff… | 行了 既不需要你用功夫 又不需要什么侦察机 |
[12:44] | Mickey,with me,if you’re not going to let me put it to the test. | Mickey 相信我 你不会想要我去做这个实验吧 |
[12:47] | Danny,the long con is a science. | Danny 诈骗是一门科学 |
[12:49] | It’s about reason,covering all the angles,leaving nothing to chance. | 你必须理智 考虑到各种可能性 不能有一丝破绽 |
[12:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:55] | But it’s also about having the bottle to go for it. | 可是 这就象是去瓶里拿东西一样轻松 |
[12:57] | Look any idiot can go for it. | 听着 白痴都可以拿走瓶里的东西 |
[13:00] | But a con artist takes the mark’s money… | 而诈骗专家骗走他们的钱 |
[13:03] | and he doesn’t even know he’s been conned. | 他们并不知道 甚至没发现自己被骗了 |
[13:05] | Yeah,okay.But isn’t it also about gut instinct? | 是的 好吧 我们也会有直觉吧? |
[13:09] | What’s Albert call it?What do you call it,Albert?Grift sense? | Albert 你怎么称呼它的?诈骗第六感? |
[13:11] | Most of all it’s about not taking unnecessary risks. | 最重要的是 不要冒任何不必要的风险 |
[13:14] | All right.Let’s put it out.Let’s ask the others. | 好吧 不问这个 换个人来问 |
[13:17] | Leave me out of it. | 别问我 我退出 |
[13:18] | Just pretend I’m not here,all right? | 当我不存在 行吗? |
[13:20] | Thanks a lot.Okay.Let’s let Albert decide. | 多谢 好吧 让Albert来决定 |
[13:23] | Well,on the surface,granted… | 好吧 表面上看 毋庸质疑… |
[13:26] | trying to con Jennings is a bad idea. | 企图诈骗Jennings的确不太明智 |
[13:28] | But there’s another challenge here. | 但是 也有另一种可能性 |
[13:30] | Two styles of grifting. | 不同风格的诈骗方式 |
[13:33] | One reasoned,well thought out,as Mickey says,covering all the angles. | 一种深思熟虑过的 就象Mickey说的 各种因素都得考虑到 |
[13:37] | The other more intuitive… | 另一种 更需要直觉… |
[13:40] | daring,relying on one’s ability to think on their feet. | 更危险 需要当事者步步为营 |
[13:44] | Which is the best?Hard to say. | 很难说 哪种方法更好 |
[13:48] | They each have merits of their own. | 各自有各自的优点 |
[13:51] | See?I got merits. | 瞧 说到关键了 |
[13:53] | Of course,the true con has elements of both. | 当然 真正的实施 需要两种互相配合 |
[13:57] | That’s it,then,what Albert says.It’s a challenge. | 那就这样做 象Albert说的 那是个挑战 |
[14:01] | What? | 什么? |
[14:03] | We take the con.If it works,I win,and if it don’t,you do. | 赌一把吧 成功了 就是我赢 没有成功 那么换你来 |
[14:08] | – You don’t think that’s a little childish? – No,Mickey.No,I don’t.Okay? | – 你不觉得 这样做有点孩子气? – 没有 Mickey 我不觉得 来吧 |
[14:14] | 50p? | 50便士 |
[14:18] | – What? – 50p says that I can take him. | – 什么? – 50便士 赌我可以搞定他 |
[14:22] | – 50p. – Yeah,cash. | – 50便士? – 是的 现金 |
[14:26] | To con the un-connable mark. | 赌我能搞定这个不会上当的家伙 |
[14:29] | Of course,if you’re too much of a girly wuss,Mickey… | 当然 Mickey 如果你是个软脚虾 |
[14:33] | a little bit too frightened to take the bet,we’ll just leave it right there. | 你没有胆子打这个赌的话 现在就忘了这个赌约 |
[14:40] | Okay,superstar.You have got yourself a bet. | 好吧 大明星 就和你赌一次 |
[14:49] | So we’re actually going to do this? | 所以 不管怎样 我们都得下手了? |
[14:51] | Well,it looks like it.Yeah. | 显然是的 没错 |
[14:54] | Tell them it’s non-negotiable. | 告诉他们 不要调解 |
[14:55] | I want this loser sent down for whatever the maximum sentence is. | 我要那个家伙接受最高刑罚 管它多少年 |
[14:58] | He played the game,he lost.He pays the bill.End of. | 是他想玩游戏 他输了 就得付出代价 就是这样 |
[15:16] | Very simple,just think. | 很简单 再想想吧 |
[15:19] | Think it through. | 仔细想想 |
[15:21] | Look,Danny.Why do you always have to go out on a limb,hey? | 听着 Danny 为什么你总想要单枪匹马? |
[15:25] | I don’t know.I just hear myself saying it,Ash,and then… | 我不知道 只是我的内心这么跟我说 Ash 然后…. |
[15:31] | that’s it.Anyway,I’m in it now. | 就这样 不管怎么说 我已经开始了 |
[15:47] | Need any help? | 需要帮助吗? |
[15:48] | Me,no. | 不用 |
[15:50] | No,thanks.No,I’ve got it all sussed. | 不 谢了 我都已经准备好了 |
[15:53] | I’m just really,you know,going through those fine details. | 我只是…只是在过一遍所有的细节 |
[15:59] | Details? | 细节? |
[16:02] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你怎么想 |
[16:04] | Do you? | 你知道? |
[16:05] | You’re thinking the most important thing… | 你在考虑的最重要的事就是… |
[16:07] | is to keep him away from the police,right? | 怎么才能让他不敢报警 是不是? |
[16:09] | Most marks don’t report a con… | 大部分受害者都不会报警 |
[16:10] | because they think they’ve done something illegal… | 因为他们认为他们做的事是违法的 |
[16:13] | or better still,they don’t know they’ve been conned in the first place. | 更惨的是 有些人不知道什么时候被骗的 |
[16:17] | Yeah,that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[16:20] | With Jennings,his reputation is the biggest thing. | 对于Jennings来说 名誉是至关重要的 |
[16:22] | He has to be seen as top dog. | 他要自己成为最优秀的 |
[16:24] | Brilliant! | 厉害! |
[16:26] | Brilliant.It is….Wow! | 厉害啊 真是….哇! |
[16:29] | That’s like you’re in my head. | 你就象我肚子里的蛔虫 |
[16:31] | You’re probably thinking of a way to make him look stupid… | 你大概在想一个办法 如果他报警了的话 |
[16:34] | if he did go to the police,right? | 他就会象个傻瓜 是不是? |
[16:37] | Right. | 没错 |
[16:38] | Something that might ruin his reputation,that sort of thing? | 有些事可能会毁了他的名声 有些特别的事…. |
[16:43] | You know what?That is really,really clever. | 知道嘛 因为他太聪明 太聪明了 |
[16:49] | Yeah,I scare myself sometimes. | 是啊 有时候我也会害怕这点 |
[16:56] | Okay,I’ve got it!Right,listen up. | 好的 我明白了!各位 听着 |
[17:00] | Briefing back here,one hour.Don’t be late.Thank you. | 1个小时后集合 别迟到 谢谢 |
[17:10] | Let’s make it two. | 2个小时吧 |
[17:14] | You see,whatever we do has to be so outrageous… | 听着 我们得做得夸张点… |
[17:18] | that even if he knows he’s being conned,he ain’t going to go to the police… | 这样尽管他知道自己被骗了 也不会去报警 |
[17:21] | because he’s going to look a prat.Right,I got the idea from Harry. | 因为他会象个傻瓜 好吧 我从Harry那里获得了灵感 |
[17:24] | You remember he said this Jennings bloke was miffed… | 记得嘛 他说Jennings这家伙非常易怒… |
[17:27] | ’cause that other company found all them gold coins. | 因为另一家公司找到了金币 |
[17:29] | – Yeah,and? – And… | – 是的 所以? – 所以….所以… |
[17:32] | we sell him a piece of land… | 我们可以卖给他一块地 |
[17:34] | but we make him believe there’s something under it. | 我们得让他相信 地底下有东西 |
[17:36] | Such as? | 比如? |
[17:38] | I read about this museum exhibition– | 我看过这里的博物馆展览品 |
[17:40] | – You read something? – Yes,thank you,Stacie.I can read. | – 你读得明白? – 是的 谢谢 Stacie 我识字 |
[17:44] | Thank you. | 多谢! |
[17:46] | Actually,Irish John told me about it. | 事实上 是Irish John告诉我的 |
[17:48] | Right.The Jubilee collection. | 这个 Jubilee展品 |
[17:51] | Gold artifacts dating back to the Bronze Age,found… | 黄金铸品 可以追溯到铜器时代 |
[17:55] | when they were extending the Jubilee line into the East End. | 是在把Jubilee线扩张到东部的时候发现的 |
[17:59] | Yeah,I heard about that. | 是的 我听说过这个 |
[18:00] | What they couldn’t work out was where all the gold came from. | 至今人们还不清楚 这些展品是打哪儿来的 |
[18:03] | It suggested that the Bronze Age inhabitants… | 有假设说 拥有大量该物品的 |
[18:05] | of what would eventually become London… | 是铜器时代的土著居民 位置就是.. |
[18:07] | – had a plentiful supply– – Thank you,I was just about to say that. | – 现在的伦敦 – 多谢了 我正打算说这段 |
[18:10] | Hold on.Why couldn’t the gold have come from somewhere else? | 等一下 这些东西为什么 不可能从其他地方来 |
[18:12] | There are more likely sites in the Mendips or Wales,but… | 事实上 更象是Mendips或Wales 不过… |
[18:15] | as the M4 wasn’t built for the next 5,000 years,chances are it was mined locally. | 鉴于此后5000年还没有发明出M4炸弹 所以很有可能是就地开采到的 |
[18:20] | – Gold mine scam– – Hello,thank you. | – 找寻金矿 – 好了 多谢了 |
[18:23] | – This is my con. – Wait a sec. | – 这是我的计划 – 等一下 |
[18:25] | We’re going to sell this guy a gold mine?In Central London? | 我们打算卖给这家伙一座金矿?在伦敦中部? |
[18:31] | Why not? | 为什么不行? |
[18:34] | This is going to be the easiest 50 pence I’ve ever earned. | 这大概是我挣得最轻松的50便士了 |
[18:37] | Okay,yeah,all right.But don’t spend your money just yet… | 好吧 行了 现在先别花你的钱 |
[18:39] | ’cause that is the whole point. | 因为接下来的 才是重点 |
[18:41] | The more outrageous it is,the less… | 最奇怪的是… |
[18:44] | he’s going to see it coming. | 他会亲眼看着金子的出现 |
[18:46] | Well,there’s a twisted logic in there somewhere. | 不过 听上去似乎有悖逻辑 |
[18:49] | No,he’s got a point.You know,I mean… | 不 他说的没错 我是说… |
[18:50] | who’d be stupid enough to try and sell a fake gold mine… | 谁会笨到在伦敦的中部去买一座 |
[18:53] | in the middle of London? | 假的金矿? |
[18:55] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[19:00] | Harry told me Jennings reads The Telegraph. | Harry告诉我 Jennings会看Telegraph杂志 |
[19:02] | So we mock up a copy for him. | 我们就再弄一份给他 |
[19:05] | Now he must know about the collection,but let’s remind him. | 现在他肯定知道这次展览 不过 我们再提醒他一次 |
[19:37] | Phase two,the land itself. | 下一步 找地皮 |
[19:46] | Ash has found us a place. | Ash帮我们找了块地皮 |
[19:48] | 15,000 square feet,less than a mile from where the artifacts were found. | 1.5万平方英尺 距离这些藏品的发现地不到1英里 |
[19:53] | Run as an old rag and bone yard for years.Now the old guy– | 长年以来一直都是废品回收站 如今… |
[19:56] | Thank you very much.The old man is retiring,so he’s willing to sell it to us. | 非常感谢 现在老人准备退休了 他很愿意卖给我们 |
[20:00] | The agreement is we pay when we find a buyer. | 协议是我们一找到买家就支付费用 |
[20:03] | Okay,I say we sell it to Howard for twice what the land’s worth. | 我准备以双倍的价钱卖给Howard |
[20:07] | We’ll pack the old boy off on holiday to Bognor Regis… | 我们把老人送去Bognor Regis度假 |
[20:10] | so he’s going to be out of our hair for two weeks. | 所以他有两周时间 不会出现 |
[20:12] | How do we convince the mark about the gold? | 怎么样才能让他相信 那里有黄金? |
[20:16] | All we got to do is plant the seed. | 我们要做的就是埋个伏笔 |
[20:19] | Just enough to get him to take a soil test… | 让他考虑去做个土壤测试 |
[20:21] | and then get a gold expert in for evaluation. | 再找一个专家来做评估 |
[20:24] | And he,of course,will be one of us. | 当然 专家也会是我们的人 |
[20:30] | What do you think? | 你怎么认为? |
[20:32] | If it had any more holes,you could strain tea with it. | 再多挖几个洞 你可以直接滤茶喝了 |
[20:34] | Let’s be honest,mate,you’re just frightened of losing the bet. | 老实说吧 伙计 你是怕输了这场赌局 |
[20:37] | Okay.So what’s first? | 好吧 先做什么? |
[20:39] | – Ash,what about the office? – We’ll be set up in a couple of days. | – Ash 办公室怎么样了? – 再过几天就弄妥了 |
[20:42] | Right.Then that leaves nothing more than for me to reel him in. | 好的 这样 剩下的就是 看我怎么把他弄进来 |
[20:47] | – What? – Problem? | – 什么? – 有问题? |
[20:49] | Yes,Albert’s the roper. | 当然 Albert才是下套的人 |
[20:51] | That’s how this works,we all do our own jobs. | 这个是分工流程 大家各司其职 |
[20:53] | Albert ropes,Stacie’s the banker… | Albert下套 Stacie负责财务… |
[20:55] | Ash is our fixer,and you and I play the inside. | Ash负责提供支援 你和我负责重点 |
[20:58] | I know that,okay,and no offense,Albert,but we can’t do this one by the book. | 好吧 无意冒犯你 Albert 可是我们不能太教条主义了 |
[21:02] | If Jennings knows all the moves,we’ve got to invent new ones. | 如果Jennings知道所有步骤 我们就得弄个新的来 |
[21:06] | No roper steering him to the inside man,no convincer. | 没有人下套 没有甜头 |
[21:10] | I’m just going to dive straight in. | 我准备直接上手 |
[21:13] | Whoosh. | “嗖——” |
[21:15] | Whoosh? | “嗖——”? |
[21:16] | Trust me,he won’t know what’s hit him. | 相信我 他不会知道 他失在哪一步的 |
[21:26] | What do you think? | 你怎么想的? |
[21:27] | It’s a disaster waiting to happen. | 等待结果出现是种折磨 |
[21:31] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 告诉我 我想错了 |
[21:33] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[21:37] | I think we should keep an eye on him. | 我想 我们得留意一下他 |
[21:39] | All right. | 好的 |
[21:40] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[21:42] | Wait,I’ll come with you. | 等一下 我和你一起去 |
[21:50] | You don’t make life easy for yourself,do you,Danny? | 你总是不安于轻松的生活 是不是 Danny? |
[21:52] | It’ll work,Albert,all right.It will work,just trust me on it. | 会成功的 Albert 相信我 会成功的 |
[21:57] | – Anything is possible. – What,you think I’m out of my depth? | – 一切皆有可能 – 什么 你觉得我好高骛远? |
[22:00] | Use that talent of yours and surprise us all. | 用你的天赋让我们大吃一惊 |
[22:05] | And remember,your first meeting with a mark is crucial. | 记住 第一印象是至关重要的 |
[22:08] | If you get off on the wrong foot… | 走错了这一步… |
[22:10] | – you’re beat from the start. – Right. | – 就全功尽弃了 – 没错 |
[22:12] | Cold read him,learn everything you can… | 在你说话之前 cold read他 (cold reading:一种心理术) |
[22:15] | before you say a word. | 获得你所要的信息 |
[22:17] | Cold what? | 冷什么? |
[22:19] | You do know about cold reading? | 你应该知道cold reading |
[22:23] | Oh,cold reading.I know about cold reading.Yeah. | 哦 cold reading 我当然知道cold reading |
[22:26] | Well,how about a little refresher course? | 好吧 要不要再复习下? |
[22:29] | If we’ve got time,I mean….Yes,please. | 如果有时间 我想….当然行 |
[22:34] | It’s really very simple.Follow me. | 事实上这很容易 跟我来 |
[22:47] | What do you see? | 你看见什么? |
[22:49] | Okay,right. | 好的 |
[22:52] | – A bloke. – More specific. | – 一个家伙 – 再具体点 |
[22:53] | You’ve got to convince him that you’re like-minded,like two peas in a pod… | 你要让他相信你们俩志趣相投 就象是你们心灵相通 |
[22:57] | that you could be his friend.Now to do that,you need to know who he is. | 你可以成为他的朋友 要做到这个 你得知道他到底是谁 |
[23:00] | To become a chameleon. | 做一条变色龙 |
[23:02] | Chameleon? | 变色龙 |
[23:04] | Okay.His name… | 好吧 他的名字… |
[23:08] | is Mark. | 叫mark |
[23:09] | All right,okay,seriously.Well he’s… | 好吧 认真点 好的 他…. |
[23:12] | – he’s divorced? – There you go. | – 他离婚了? – 真是不错 |
[23:14] | Maybe he’s not,though. | 但也许他没离婚 |
[23:16] | He’s on a business trip.Could be here on the pull. | 他在出差 可以在这里找艳遇 |
[23:19] | – Not enough cologne. – Okay. | – 没用古龙水 – 好吧 |
[23:22] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[23:24] | Divorced.He sees his children on the weekends,at fast food restaurants. | 离异 周末会在快餐店 探望孩子们 |
[23:28] | He has to pay a fortune for the maintenance and that’s left him… | 他得支付抚养费 而这笔费用… |
[23:31] | tired and stressed. | 让他精疲力竭 |
[23:33] | He probably didn’t cook before he left home. | 他可能从不在家吃饭 |
[23:35] | Consequently he’s lost weight recently. | 因此 最近他体重下降了 |
[23:37] | No way.I’m not having that. | 不行 我做不到 |
[23:39] | Look at his socks.See?Children. | 看他的袜子 瞧见没 ——有孩子 |
[23:41] | And his nails.See the stress? | 还有指甲 ——压力很大 |
[23:43] | His skin. | 他的皮肤… |
[23:45] | That’s the fast food,yeah? | 那是快餐 对吧? |
[23:47] | Okay,I’m having all of this,but how you telling me he’s lost weight? | 这些我都知道了 不过你怎么知道他减肥了? |
[23:50] | Look at his belt. | 看看他的皮带 |
[23:53] | See the line.He’s pulled it in a notch. | 看这线 都有束痕了 |
[23:59] | Mark,how are you? | Mark 你好吗? |
[24:01] | Have you lost weight recently?How are your lovely children? | 你最近是不是减肥了?孩子们怎么样? |
[24:14] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[24:31] | She’s still got the hots for you. | 她还是很喜欢你 |
[24:34] | Is that so? | 是吗? |
[24:36] | What,like you didn’t know? | 怎么 装作不知道? |
[24:40] | This is the best crew I’ve ever had,and I intend to keep it that way. | 这是我呆过的最棒的团队 我想就这样 永远不改变 |
[24:43] | And you think hooking up with Stacie would spoil that? | 你Stacie在一起 就会把它搞砸? |
[24:46] | I know hooking up with Stacie would spoil that. | 我知道 我和她在一起会搞砸 |
[24:50] | Maybe you’d better tell her. | 也许你该告诉她 |
[25:24] | Guys,it’s all about staying one step ahead of the competition. | 伙计们 凡事都要先下手为强 |
[25:28] | – You see what you want and you just… – Go for it. | – 你想要什么 你就… – 去争取它 |
[25:31] | It’s not ”go for it,” Nick.It’s ”get it.” | 不是”争取” Nick 是”得到” |
[25:33] | Yes,I mean,that’s what I meant. | 我就是这个意思 |
[25:35] | That site I had in Islington. | Islington的那个案子 |
[25:37] | 83-year-old tenant blocking the deal. | 有个83岁的老人不肯签约 |
[25:39] | She wouldn’t move because she was worried her little cat… | 她不想搬走 她担心她的小猫 |
[25:42] | wouldn’t find its way home. | 会找不到回家的路 |
[25:43] | That’s wrinklies for you. | 你一定大伤脑筋 |
[25:45] | So I ran over the cat,she signed within a fortnight. | 所以 我开车轧死了那只猫 她两星期内就搬走了 |
[25:49] | See what you want,grab it by the balls. | 你要的东西 一定要紧紧攥在手心里 |
[26:37] | Off you go. | 去你的吧 |
[26:45] | Glass of shampoo,squire. | 来杯香槟 伙计 |
[26:50] | Oh,God,scenery’s nice,isn’t it? | 哦 天哪!真够养眼的 不是吗? |
[26:53] | Anyone tried to pull yet? | 没人打算去碰碰运气? |
[26:55] | Nick was just about to try his luck,but he bottled it. | Nick打算去试试 不过他忍住了 |
[26:58] | I told you,she’s probably waiting for someone. | 我说了 她可能在等人 |
[27:00] | Well,there is only one way to find out. | 好吧 有一种办法可以知道 |
[27:03] | 50 quid says that I pull it. | 50英镑 赌我能钓到她 |
[27:07] | Okay,you’re on. | 好啊 赌就赌 |
[27:09] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是嘛? – 是的 |
[27:10] | All right.Wish me luck. | 好吧 祝我好运 |
[27:24] | Not a chance. | 他不行的 |
[27:26] | Hi. | 嗨! |
[27:27] | I’m a bit nervous,listen,don’t worry I’m not trying to pull you. | 我有点紧张 不过 别担心 我不是来引诱你的 |
[27:31] | My boyfriend would kill me.That’s a joke.All right. | 我男朋友会杀了我的 开个玩笑 |
[27:33] | Seriously,it’s my mom’s birthday,and I love her,I adore her. | 认真点 今天是我妈妈的生日 我很爱她 我很尊敬她 |
[27:38] | I suppose what I’m really looking for is a bit of womanly advice. | 我想 现在我需要的是女士的建议 |
[27:41] | Now,don’t cry. | 别伤心 |
[27:43] | I had a girlfriend and I loved her but she dumped me on holiday. | 我有个女朋友 我也很爱她 但是她却让我一个人度周末 |
[27:47] | That’s all right,thank you. | 那也不要紧 |
[27:49] | He seems to be doing all right to me. | 就我看 他似乎渐入佳境 |
[27:56] | Could’ve been you. | 你没戏了 |
[28:37] | – Fifty,weren’t it? – Pay the man,Nicholas. | – 50 是不是? – 给钱吧 Nicholas |
[28:40] | You know what I always say,Nichol-ass? | 知道我怎么想 Nichol-ass? |
[28:42] | You see what you want,you grab it by the balls. | 你要的东西 一定要紧紧攥在手心里 |
[28:45] | Tell you what,why don’t I buy you all a drink? | 请你们大家喝一杯 怎么样? |
[28:47] | No thanks. | 不用 谢了 |
[28:49] | We have to be getting back. | 我们得回去了 |
[28:51] | – Howard? – I think I’ll stay for one more. | – Howard? – 我想再呆一会 |
[28:54] | – See you back at the office,then. – Yeah,see you. | – 那么一会办公室见 – 好的 一会见 |
[28:58] | I hate a bad loser,don’t you? | 我讨厌无能的人 你呢? |
[29:01] | Absolutely.Howard Jennings. | 我也是 Howard Jennings |
[29:04] | Paul Carrington Paul Carrington. | |
[29:07] | He loved it,you know? | 他喜欢这么干 知道吧 |
[29:10] | Telling me how clever he was. | 炫耀他自己有多聪明 |
[29:12] | Taped every conversation we had,then made a full statement. | 把我们所有的对话都录音 然后全部作为证据 |
[29:26] | I really thought I had him. | 我是真的以为 他上当了 |
[29:45] | Let’s just leave things as they are. | 我们就当什么都没发生过 |
[29:49] | No.Let’s not. | 不 我不同意 |
[30:02] | So,what do you do? | 你是做什么的? |
[30:04] | Property. | 房地产 |
[30:05] | – Property? – Development,mostly. | – 房地产? – 大部分是地产开发 |
[30:07] | I find the land,you know,the boss flogs it to the highest bidder. | 我找到土地 老板把它卖给出价最高的人 |
[30:11] | – What’s the name of the company? – Cityrise.You heard of it? | – 公司的名字叫什么? – Cityrise 听说过吗? |
[30:15] | – No. – Based in Manchester. | – 没有 – 总部在Manchester |
[30:16] | Just opened a London office. | 伦敦刚开了个办事处 |
[30:18] | – And how’s business? – It’s okay. | – 生意怎么样? – 还不错 |
[30:21] | So who do you work for,then? | 那么你在哪里工作? |
[30:23] | I work for me. | 我给自己打工 |
[30:26] | Now that is my dream. | 噢 那可是我的梦想 |
[30:27] | Tell old Golden Balls where to stick his job. | 让Golden Balls那老家伙看好自己的生意 |
[30:30] | Golden Balls? Golden Balls? | |
[30:31] | You’ll know him soon enough.Going to blow away the competition,he says. | 你很快就会知道他 他打算打败所有的竞争对手 |
[30:34] | Really? | 是吗? |
[30:36] | Biggest in London in three years,he reckons. | 他预计 3年内能成为 伦敦最大的一家地产公司 |
[30:38] | Anyway,it is time I was off. | 那时候 我大概不在了 |
[30:40] | Listen,Howard. | 这样 Howard |
[30:41] | Can we do this again? | 下次再聊怎么样? |
[30:43] | Yeah,maybe. | 好吧 |
[30:45] | Give my secretary a call. | 给我的秘书打电话 |
[30:50] | Shame. | 真惭愧啊! |
[30:54] | How you fixed for tomorrow? | 你明天有安排了吗? |
[30:56] | Really,I’m very busy.Nice to meet you though,Paul. | 是的 我很忙 不过很高兴认识你 Paul |
[31:00] | I tell you what.Why don’t you swing over now? | 这样吧 不如现在就去瞧瞧 |
[31:02] | Check out the new offices?You can say hello to Golden Balls while you’re there. | 看看新的办公室 顺便跟Golden Balls打个招呼 |
[31:13] | – Yeah,all right. – Great. | – 好啊 没问题 – 太棒了 |
[31:15] | I’ll just ring my secretary,tell her I’m on my way. | 我打电话给我的秘书 说我正在路上 |
[31:22] | – Dorothy – Dorothy? – Dorothy. – Dorothy? | |
[31:25] | No. | 不行 |
[31:26] | – We’re not set up.We said tomorrow. – I was losing him…. | – 我们还没准备好 明天才行 – 不然就没机会了 |
[31:29] | – We have to go now. – Danny!There’s not enough time. | – 我们现在就出发 – Danny 时间不够啊 |
[31:32] | Dorothy.Can you hear me? | Dorothy 听得见吗? |
[31:35] | -The line’s very…. – Danny. | – 电话线路非常…. – Danny |
[31:37] | Okay,let’s go. | 好的 我们走 |
[31:40] | Excuse me.Can I help you? | 对不起 有什么事? |
[31:43] | Don’t tempt me,darling. | 亲爱的 别诱惑我 |
[31:44] | We’ve come to give the second floor a once over. | 我们来给二楼做个检查 |
[31:47] | I thought you weren’t starting till tomorrow. | 我以为你们明天才开始 |
[31:49] | Tomorrow?Look. | 明天?听着 |
[31:51] | You ever done any painting and decorating,sweetheart? | 你做过粉刷装修工作吗 甜心? |
[31:53] | – A bit. – Right,you ever heard of prepping? | – 一点点 – 那么 你有没有听过”提前检验”? |
[31:57] | – Well,I…. – God bless. | – 我…. – 我的天! |
[31:59] | I tell you what,you can come upstairs with us… | 那么这样 你和我们一起上楼…. |
[32:02] | and give us both a hand,if you like. | 我们大家可以互相帮助 |
[32:06] | – I bet you’d look great in a pair of overalls. – I’m sure you’ll manage. | – 我打赌 你穿工作服一定很棒 – 我想 你们自己能搞定 |
[32:56] | He’s with me.Hold all my calls.Thank you. | 我带来的 不接任何电话 谢谢 |
[33:16] | Right,this is the boss’s floor,more or less… | 就是这儿 头儿都在这一层 那么… |
[33:23] | and here’s his office. | 这是他的办公室 |
[33:31] | – You’re late. – Yeah,sorry,business lunch. | – 你迟到了 – 抱歉 工作午餐耽误了 |
[33:34] | – I brought someone back with me. – Yeah,who? | – 我带了个人来 – 哦?谁啊? |
[33:37] | This is my boss Martin Stuart.Martin this is…. | 这个是我的老板Martin Stuart Martin 这是… |
[33:40] | Howard Jennings Howard Jennings. | |
[33:42] | So,you’re Jennings? | 哦 你就是Jennings? |
[33:46] | You’ve heard of me,then? | 你听说过我? |
[33:48] | James Harrison is due here in 10 minutes,we’ll need his portfolio. | James Harrison 10分钟内到 我们得用到他的分析报告 |
[33:51] | Well,I’ll go and dig it out then,shall I? | 好的 我去找出来 行吧? |
[34:01] | You’re about all I have heard since I’ve been down here. | 自从我来这里 听到的都是关于你的事 |
[34:04] | That’s because this is my city. | 因为这是我的城市 |
[34:06] | There’s not a patch of undeveloped land in London that I don’t know about… | 我了解这里的每一寸土地 |
[34:10] | and have first refusal on. | 也领受了第一次失败 |
[34:11] | If that’s true,I guess I’ll be out of a job soon. | 如果是真的 那我很快就要失业了 |
[34:14] | You said it. | 显然是 |
[34:16] | Is that what you’ve come to tell me? | 那就是你想来告诉我的? |
[34:18] | Pretty much. | 还不止这些 |
[34:21] | Actually,I doubt we’re in competition. | 事实上 我怀疑我们是不是竞争对手 |
[34:23] | You buy and sell land,so do I. | 你买卖土地 我也是 |
[34:25] | Yes,but mine’s more specialized. | 没错 不过我的买卖更专业 |
[34:28] | Specialized? | 专业? |
[34:32] | So if you’ll excuse me,I do have some work to be getting on with. | 如果你不介意 我还有其他事要做 |
[34:39] | I’ll get Paul to show you out. | 我让Paul带你出去 |
[35:07] | …Harrison’s file on my desk now. | 我要Harrison的文件 马上! |
[35:15] | Show Jennings out. | 带Jennings出去 |
[35:18] | Howard Howard. | |
[35:20] | – Well,it was a pleasure meeting you. – Yeah,next time make an appointment. | – 很高兴认识你 – 是的 下次记得先预约 |
[35:38] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你该感到惭愧 |
[35:42] | How did it go? | 事情还顺利吗? |
[35:44] | It was a piece of cake. | 轻而易举 |
[35:45] | – We weren’t even set up. – What? | – 我们都还没布置好 – 什么? |
[35:48] | – He brought the mark back with him. – I had a chance and I grabbed it. | – 他把他直接带来了 – 我看有机会 就把握住了 |
[35:51] | What if we couldn’t have got set up in time? | 如果我们没时间准备怎么办? |
[35:53] | Mickey,I had faith in you,didn’t I? | Mickey 我对你有信心 不是嘛? |
[35:55] | – Where’re your socks? – Here’s one of them. | – 你的袜子呢? – 这里有一只 |
[35:57] | Sorry,Danny,but it does seem a bit messy. | 抱歉 Danny 不过 这看起来有点混乱 |
[35:59] | Messy? | 混乱? |
[36:00] | Usually we have it all worked out.You know,a proper plan. | 通常我们都事先计算好 一个完整的计划 |
[36:03] | Listen,gang.Listen up.We have got a plan.Okay,we’ve got a plan. | 听着 伙计 听我说 我们有计划 是的 我们有计划 |
[36:08] | All up here. | 全在这儿 |
[36:09] | You’ve no idea how frightening that is,have you? | 你难道不知道那有多危险? |
[36:11] | You just got to trust me,haven’t you? | 相信我 行不行? |
[36:13] | What next,then? | 那么下一步是什么? |
[36:15] | Well,I’m working on that one. | 是啊 我正在做呢 |
[36:16] | What’s the first thing the mark would do? | 目标会做的第一件事是什么? |
[36:18] | Well,he’d…. | 呃 他会…. |
[36:21] | What would you do? | 你该怎么做? |
[36:23] | Right.Don’t tell me. | 好的 别提醒我 |
[36:25] | You can almost hear the cogs turning. | 都听到你脑袋里吱吱作响的声音了 |
[36:30] | Research Cityrise.Ash,please set up a web site. | 查找Cityrise Ash 麻烦建个网站 |
[36:32] | I was just about to say that. | 我正打算要说 我正想说 |
[36:35] | Ash,go and search the thing. | Ash 做一下搜索的东西 |
[36:38] | I was just about to say that,Mickey. | 我正准备要说呢 Mickey |
[36:40] | All right,troops,everyone listen up.Tomorrow. | 好的 各位都听好了 明天… |
[36:42] | Ash,get the yard ready. | Ash 把场地搞定 |
[36:44] | Stacie,I want you down the museum.Albert,you’re our gold expert. | Stacie 我要你去博物馆 Albert 你要成为黄金鉴定专家 |
[36:47] | – Mickey,get yourself off to the bank. – What for? | – Mickey 你去一趟银行 – 干什么? |
[36:51] | Get your 50p out. | 取50便士出来 |
[36:55] | Do you ever have the feeling we’ve created a monster? | 有没有觉得 我们创造了个怪物? |
[36:58] | All the time. | 一直都这么认为 |
[37:20] | Right.How far away? | 好的 还有多远? |
[38:01] | Remarkable examples,aren’t they? | 很经典的作品 是不是? |
[38:08] | Do you work here? | 你在这工作? |
[38:10] | I’m in charge of the Bronze Age. | 我主要研究铜器时代 |
[38:12] | Well,not the Bronze Age as such,I mean,that’s a period of time. | 不仅仅是铜器时代 我是指 同一个时期的 |
[38:16] | That would make me a queen,and a time traveler,at that. | 那让我感觉象个女王 穿梭在时空中 |
[38:21] | No,I’m actually in charge of the artifacts that hail from the period. | 事实上 我负责研究该时期的出土文物 |
[38:26] | And these are my crowning glory. | 这些是我最引以为傲的 |
[38:30] | One of the great mysteries of London. | 伦敦最为神秘的文物之一 |
[38:33] | It seems a bit far-fetched,that there’s a gold mine in London somewhere. | 也许会有些荒诞 据说伦敦某个地方有金矿 |
[38:37] | No,not really. | 不 并不奇怪 |
[38:40] | The landscape was very different 6,000 years ago,after all. | 毕竟 六千年以前 地表构造和现在完全不同 |
[38:44] | No,it’s perfectly feasible. | 不过 也存在可能性 |
[38:47] | In actual fact,we have a professor of geology here in the museum… | 而且 我们博物馆有个地质学专家 |
[38:50] | who’s writing a paper on it. | 他正在撰写相关的论文 |
[38:52] | Really?Where do I find this professor? | 是吗?我怎么才能找到他? |
[38:56] | I’m a philanthropist,I invest in scientific studies. | 我是个慈善家 专门投资科学研究 |
[38:59] | In that case,I’m sure he’d be happy to talk to you. | 是嘛 我想他会很高兴见到你的 |
[39:03] | Let me write down his number. | 我把他的号码写给你 |
[39:08] | It says here the original mine would be worth millions. | 据说 这个原始的矿藏将价值上百万 |
[39:12] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[39:14] | I doubt what you see here represents even 1% of what was actually there. | 我估计 这里所展示的 只是实际的1%吧 |
[39:18] | Of course,the site has almost certainly been built on by now,so… | 当然 出产地也许已经建了高楼大厦… |
[39:22] | we’ll never know,will we? | 谁知道呢 是不是? |
[39:25] | I’ve written my number on the other side. | 我在另一面写了我的号码 |
[39:32] | Enjoy the rest of your visit. | 好好欣赏 玩得愉快 |
[39:35] | The Saxon village reconstruction is excellent. | Saxon village的复制品也很经典 |
[39:50] | You don’t think Danny’s going to pull this off,do you? | 你觉得Danny搞不定这事 是不是? |
[39:53] | No. | 是的 |
[39:54] | But you’re letting him try anyway? | 可是 你还是让他尝试了? |
[39:57] | He thinks what we do is easy.Won’t hurt to bring him down a peg or two. | 他觉得我们做的事都很容易 让他受点挫折没坏处 |
[40:01] | And win the bet in the process? | 顺便赌赢这场比赛? |
[40:03] | To the victor the spoils. | 为胜利者干杯! |
[40:13] | Hello? | 喂? |
[40:15] | According to my notes,Howard….May I call you Howard? | 根据我的笔记 Howard….可以叫你Howard吗? |
[40:19] | Yes. | 当然 |
[40:20] | It’s widely believed that most gold deposits,particularly… | 普遍观点认为 大部分金矿的形成… |
[40:23] | of the volcanic and sedimentary variety… | 尤其是火山岩和沉积岩的那种矿山… |
[40:26] | were formed from circulating ground waters… | 是由于岩浆带动地下水 |
[40:29] | driven up by magma. | 循环而形成的 |
[40:31] | But,of course,it could also be expelled from the magma itself as it cooled. | 不过 当然 也可能是 岩浆冷却后形成的 |
[40:35] | – And this could happen in London,right? – Oh,yes. | – 所以 伦敦也可能出现这种情况? – 哦 是的 |
[40:38] | No reason not,although geologically speaking… | 没理由怀疑 尽管专业得来讲… |
[40:42] | – conditions aren’t ideal. – But is it possible? | – 条件并不十分理想 – 但还是有可能的? |
[40:45] | Oh,yes,there are certain residues… | 哦 是的 还是有不少残留物质 |
[40:47] | that have been around for thousands of years. | 经过了数千年历史的洗涤 |
[40:51] | And how could you find out if you thought you had land with gold in it? | 如果你认为地里有黄金 你怎么来确定呢? |
[40:55] | A multitude of ways,mostly by a simple soil test. | 很多办法 总之需要做个土壤测试 |
[40:59] | Soil test? | 土壤测试? |
[41:00] | So I could bring you some soil… | 我可以带些土壤给你 |
[41:02] | and you could tell from that whether there was gold underground? | 你可以告诉我 地底下是否有黄金? |
[41:05] | No,I have to have further tests for that. | 不行 我得做很多其他实验 |
[41:07] | But I could determine that the possibility was there. | 但是我可以判断出可能性 |
[41:10] | How accurately? | 准确率呢? |
[41:12] | It depends on the size of the deposit. | 得视地表层的面积而定 |
[41:17] | 80,90%,possibly. | 大概百分之八,九十吧 |
[41:20] | You hold such a piece of land? | 你有这样一块土地? |
[41:23] | No,not yet. | 不 还没有 |
[41:25] | But if I did,would you be prepared to do this test for me? | 不过 如果我有的话 你可以为我做这个测试吗? |
[41:28] | Yes,of course.If the Museum has no objection… | 当然可以 如果博物馆不反对的话 |
[41:31] | I’d be happy to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[41:35] | What you talking about?I don’t need all this.I don’t need all this. | 你说什么?我不需要这个 我不需要 |
[41:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:40] | Just do it,all right,do it. | 就这么做 好吧 就这样 |
[41:48] | Cute,isn’t it?All right,mate,how you doing?What’s up? | 她很可爱 是不是?伙计 你好 什么事? |
[41:54] | Basically,Nick doesn’t know it yet,but he’s leaving us. | 其实 Nick还不知道这件事 他就要离开我们了 |
[41:58] | So his job’s up for grabs.I just thought you might be interested. | 所以的他的工作暂时无人接替 也许你对这个职位会有兴趣 |
[42:03] | 50K a year,double that with your commission… | 年薪5万 加上佣金就翻倍 |
[42:06] | nice car,relocation allowance. | 汽车 住房津贴 |
[42:09] | Lovely.Yeah,I am listening. | 真不错 我在听 |
[42:13] | Only trouble is I’m just not sure you’re right for it. | 只是我不知道 你是否适合这个位置 |
[42:18] | I’m not sure I want to work for you. | 我也不知道 我是否想为你工作 |
[42:21] | Don’t take offense,Paul. | 别生气 Paul |
[42:24] | It’s more about what kind of deals you’re used to handling. | 我想知道 你曾经做过些什么项目? |
[42:27] | I mean,with Martin,what’s the biggest deal you’re doing? | 我是说 和Martin一起 你做过最大的项目是什么? |
[42:30] | Do I look like a Muppet? | 我是不是象个木偶? |
[42:32] | – Pardon? – You’re just trying to nick all our clients. | – 什么? – 你想打听我们的客户 |
[42:37] | All right,well. | 好吧 算了 |
[42:38] | You can’t blame a chap for trying,can you? | 只是随便打听下 不用那么认真吧 |
[42:41] | Okay,look,just talk me through one of your deals. | 好吧 就谈谈其中一个项目 |
[42:46] | I mean…. | 我想说… |
[42:49] | Martin was talking about one the other day.What was it? | Martin曾经谈到过的 是什么呢? |
[42:52] | The Jubilee deal? | Jubilee的案子? |
[42:57] | – You know about that? – A little.So what is it? | – 你知道那个? – 一点点而已 那是什么? |
[43:02] | All I know… | 我只知道…. |
[43:03] | all I know,is that we’ve been hired to buy a parcel of land… | 我只知道 我们被要求出面购买一块土地 |
[43:08] | regardless of price. | 不管出多少价 |
[43:12] | – By who? – That I don’t know. | – 谁要求的? – 那我不清楚 |
[43:14] | Martin’s very secretive about it. | Martin对这个很保密的 |
[43:17] | Which usually means that he wants to take all the credit. | 也就是说 就他一个人知道 |
[43:20] | Do you know where the land is? | 你知道是哪块土地吗? |
[43:40] | It’s owned by an old rag and bone merchant. | 据说拥有者是一个废品回收商 |
[43:43] | We’ve offered him twice what it’s worth in cash,but he ain’t having any of it. | 我们出两倍的价钱 现金支付的 但是他始终都不同意 |
[43:48] | Cash? | 用现金? |
[43:49] | Yes,he hates banks. | 是的 他不喜欢银行 |
[43:53] | It’s a shithole. | 就是个废物 |
[43:55] | That’s what I don’t get.I mean,look at it. | 我不明白的就是…看那儿 |
[43:57] | Barely going to get two houses in there,are you? | 不过就是2间房子 不是嘛? |
[43:59] | I mean,it ain’t that far from the Jubilee line,granted. | 我承认 它离Jubilee线并不太远 |
[44:02] | But,I don’t know,the boss seems very keen to pay way over the odds for it. | 可我就不明白 老板为什么如此渴望得到它 |
[44:07] | Right,can you get me in to see the owner? | 是啊 你能替我引见下主人吗? |
[44:09] | What’s in it for me? | 我有什么好处呢? |
[44:11] | The job we discussed earlier. | 我们之前谈的那个职位 |
[44:13] | No. | 不行 |
[44:17] | Look. | 听着 |
[44:18] | I don’t know what you’re up to,all right. | 我不知道你想做什么 |
[44:21] | I don’t know,I don’t care. | 我不知道 我也不在乎 |
[44:23] | But,you cut me in and then maybe,you know… | 可是 你突然告诉我这件事 |
[44:27] | maybe I’ll suddenly start thinking about it. | 要知道…也许 我会当真的 |
[44:31] | I like you,Paul,you remind me of me. | 我喜欢你 Paul 就好象看见了自己 |
[44:34] | So? | 所以? |
[44:36] | Yeah,you’ve got yourself a deal.Set up a meeting. | 没错 成交了 你安排见面时间 |
[44:44] | …all I know,is that we’ve been hired to buy a parcel of land… | 我只知道 我们被要求出面购买一块土地 |
[44:49] | regardless of price. | 不管出多少价 |
[44:53] | …regardless of price. | …不管出多少价 |
[44:58] | – Got to you the other day,didn’t it? – What? | – 让你想到了过去 是不是? – 什么? |
[45:01] | – Going to see Harry in prison. – Yeah,a little. | – 去监狱探望Harry之后 – 是啊 是有点 |
[45:05] | In which case,you’ve got a problem. | 不过 你已经惹麻烦了 |
[45:09] | You know this is going to go pear shaped,don’t you? | 你知道现在这事情很棘手 不是吗? |
[45:11] | The kid’s gone off 100 miles an hour. | 那孩子太操之过急了 |
[45:13] | Little or no groundwork,no convincer,no Plan B. | 没有计划 没有诱饵 没有补救措施 |
[45:16] | Come on,give him credit,he’s played it well so far. | 行了 要相信他 目前为止他做得很好 |
[45:18] | Come on,Mick.You know as well as I do. | 得了 Mick 你和我一样心知肚明 |
[45:20] | There’s a huge gulf between setting up a long con… | 筹备诈骗行动和能否顺利逃脱 |
[45:23] | and actually walking away clean. | 毕竟还是有很大区别的 |
[45:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[45:27] | Which means you’ve got a decision to make. | 就是说 你已经有决定了 |
[45:31] | Which is? | 什么? |
[45:34] | If it’s going down the pan,do you bail him out? | 如果他失手了 你会替他收拾烂摊子吗? |
[45:38] | Or do you let him fail,to teach him a lesson and win the bet? | 还是让他从失败中吸取教训 顺便赢了这次的赌局? |
[45:43] | Even if that means you going back to prison. | 即使那意味着 你要重新回去坐牢 |
[46:34] | Hello. | 喂? |
[46:36] | Howard Howard. | |
[46:39] | Yeah,the land’s worth 210. | 是的 这块地值21万 |
[46:41] | I think Martin’s latest offer was 420. | 我想Martin的最后报价是42万 |
[46:47] | Yeah.450 should do it. | 是的 45万应该没问题 |
[46:51] | Okay.What time? | 好的 什么时候? |
[46:54] | Yeah,that’s fine,I’ll be there. | 好的 很好 我一会到 |
[46:56] | All right,bye. | 好 一会见 |
[47:01] | We’re on. | 上钩了 |
[47:08] | Hello? | 喂? |
[47:10] | Mr.Jennings.Yes,hi. | Jennings先生 是的 你好 |
[47:13] | At 10:30.And the address? | 十点半 在哪里? |
[47:16] | Right.I’ll be there.Bye. | 好的 我就来 再见 |
[47:25] | Hello?Howard?Okay,sure. | 喂?Howard?好的 当然 |
[47:29] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[47:31] | And the address?Fine. | 在哪儿?好的 |
[47:37] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[47:38] | Why does he want everyone there? | 他为什么要所有的人都到场? |
[47:40] | Well,I told you,didn’t I?He’s a control freak. | 我说过 不是嘛?他戒心很重 |
[47:43] | Okay.No problem. | 好吧 没问题 |
[47:45] | Ash.Go get set up. | Ash 去准备下 |
[47:57] | Better get your 50p ready. | 准备好你的50便士吧 |
[48:08] | – Right,you set? – Yeah. | – 准备好了? – 是的 |
[48:10] | Okay,10 minutes. | 再过10分钟 |
[48:28] | This doesn’t feel good. | 看起来情况不妙 |
[48:30] | It’s Danny’s call. | 那是Danny的事 |
[48:47] | Howard Howard. | |
[48:49] | How are you? | 好啊 |
[48:51] | Thought I’d better bring some security.There’s a lot of money in here. | 我想最好还是带着保镖 这可是一大笔钱 |
[48:54] | All right,lads,welcome. | 好啊 伙计 欢迎 |
[48:56] | Here he is,Colin. | 这个是Colin |
[48:58] | This is the man I was telling you about.Mr.Jennings. | 这就是我跟你提过的Jennings先生 |
[49:02] | This is Colin Nash. | 这是Colin Nash |
[49:03] | I’m pleased to meet you,Mr.Nash. | 很高兴认识你 Nash先生 |
[49:05] | You look like a man who’s prepared to drive a hard bargain. | 看上去 你象是准备打一场硬仗 |
[49:07] | Yeah,rats. | 是啊 |
[49:08] | – Really? – I ain’t got long. | – 是吗? – 我开门见山说 |
[49:10] | A man after my own heart. | 这家伙很对我胃口 |
[49:12] | He tells me you’re willing to beat the other bloke’s offer. | 他说 你的价比那个家伙要高 |
[49:15] | Indeed,yes,there’s a contract here. | 没错 合同在这里 |
[49:17] | And the money’s in here.In cash. | 钱也在这里 都是现金 |
[49:20] | I understand you don’t like banks. | 我明白你不喜欢银行 |
[49:22] | No,leeches. | 是的 就象吸血虫 |
[49:24] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我也这么认为 |
[49:25] | So how much you got in there,then? | 那么 你准备了多少钱? |
[49:27] | 450,000. | 45万 |
[49:36] | It’s time. | 到时间了 |
[49:37] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[49:47] | So,do we have a deal? | 我们成交了? |
[49:50] | Absolutely.Just one condition. | 当然 再做一件事就行 |
[49:54] | That I carry out a soil test. | 我要做个土壤测试 |
[49:57] | Soil test? | 土壤测试? |
[49:59] | It’s company policy. | 是公司的规定 |
[50:03] | Thank you for coming. | 非常感谢你能来 |
[50:05] | – I’m not exactly sure why I’m here. – Who are they? | – 我不知道 为什么我也得来 – 他们是谁? |
[50:08] | They’ll be carrying out the tests. | 他们是来做测试的 |
[50:09] | No one said nothing about no soil test. | 没有人说要做什么土壤测试 |
[50:12] | No soil test,no deal. | 不做测试 交易也取消 |
[50:14] | Yeah,well hurry up,then,like I said… | 好吧 快点 就象我说的… |
[50:16] | I ain’t got all day. | 我没多少时间 |
[50:18] | I’ve got everything I need here,it wouldn’t take long. | 我把所有东西都带来了 不用多长时间 |
[50:21] | In your own time. | 你开始吧 |
[50:26] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[50:27] | What exactly are you looking for? | 你到底想找什么? |
[50:30] | You’ll see. | 你会知道的 |
[50:48] | Well?Are you sure? | 是吗?你确定? |
[50:50] | Definite traces of gold. | 绝对是微量的黄金 |
[50:52] | It’s my belief there was an underground stream here at some point… | 我认为 地底下曾经有过一条地下河 |
[50:55] | skirting the main source and bringing the particles up to the surface.See? | 是一条支流 并把一些物质带到了地表 瞧见了没? |
[51:00] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[51:03] | – So do we have a deal? – It would seem so. | – 那么 成交了? – 基本没问题 |
[51:06] | Just one more bridge to cross and then we can sign. | 再做一件事就可以签约了 |
[51:09] | What bridge? | 什么事? |
[51:10] | Okay. | 行了 |
[51:18] | Howard,if you’re messing me about,I’ll go. | Howard 如果你是在开玩笑 我就走了 |
[51:21] | The thing is,Paul… | 事实上 Paul… |
[51:23] | it occurred to me this might all be part of some elaborate con. | 那让我感觉是个有预谋的诈骗 |
[51:26] | – Con? – Surely you’ve heard of a confidence trick. | – 诈骗? – 是的 你可能听过那些骗取信任的把戏 |
[51:29] | For example,say you were all part of the same gang? | 比如 你们这些人是一伙的? |
[51:31] | How would I know? | 我怎么会知道? |
[51:33] | I haven’t met any of you until this week. | 一个星期前 我一个都没见过 |
[51:35] | So for me to part with a briefcase full of cash… | 对于我来说 把一整箱的现金 |
[51:37] | to people I’ve known for less than a week… | 交给认识不到一个星期的人 |
[51:39] | would be pretty stupid,wouldn’t it? | 是不是有点傻? |
[51:42] | And I’m not.Stupid,that is. | 而我 并不傻 所以… |
[51:45] | So I thought I’d better get some insurance. | 我想 最好还是多点保障 |
[51:47] | You see,the Professor has just told me there are gold deposits here. | 你瞧 教授刚刚告诉我 这里可能有黄金 |
[51:50] | Gold? | 黄金? |
[51:51] | That’s right,yes,your boss was very secretive,wasn’t he? | 没错 你老板对此不是很保密吗? |
[51:54] | Although you knew where the land was and how much he’d offered. | 尽管你知道土地在哪里 他出多少钱 |
[51:58] | So now I do my own tests. | 所以现在 我要再做个测试 |
[52:00] | And if they don’t find anything… | 在你们告诉我 地下有黄金的5分钟后 |
[52:02] | five minutes after you’ve assured me there was gold… | 他们却找不到任何东西 |
[52:06] | then I’d have to assume you were about to con me. | 那么我相信 你们是在诓我 |
[52:10] | No one leave. | 一个都不准走 |
[52:29] | When they don’t find gold,I’ve got a feeling he’s going to be very pissed off. | 如果他们找不到黄金 我觉得他会发狂的 |
[52:33] | So if you tell me which way you’re going to run… | 如果你能告诉我 你打算从哪条路溜走 |
[52:35] | I can make sure we don’t bump into each other. | 我相信 我们溜的时候不至于撞在一起 |
[52:37] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[52:39] | – I really hope Danny’s got a Plan B. – And C. | – 我真希望Danny准备了B计划 – 或是C计划 |
[52:49] | What’s all this,then? | 那是什么? |
[52:50] | Won’t take long. | 不会很久的 |
[53:11] | – Vermin. – Are you quite finished? | – 是只害虫 – 你弄完了没? |
[53:13] | Have to burn them. | 得烧了它 |
[53:16] | Hey,what the bloody hell’s all this? | 嗨 这些血是什么回事? |
[53:19] | Do you know I thought you might make an appearance. | 我猜你也该现身了 |
[53:23] | Paul? Paul? | |
[53:25] | This is my deal. | 这是我的项目 |
[53:26] | – You have no idea what you’re doing. – Look. | – 你知不知道你在干什么 – 听着 |
[53:29] | Mr.Jennings has topped your offer,it’s been accepted. | Jennings先生出价比你高 对方也同意了 |
[53:34] | Get over it. | 没你的事了 |
[53:35] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[53:36] | You just happened to be passing,I take it? | 我想 你只是正巧路过吧? |
[53:38] | No.I wasn’t just passing.Dorothy told me he was here. | 不 我不是路过 Dorothy 告诉我 他在这里 |
[53:41] | We’ve done the deal. | 我们已经成交了 |
[53:42] | I’m here to make another offer. | 我是来重新开价的 |
[53:43] | Mr.Nash,now,I have another offer that I really think you should consider. | Nash先生 我新报一个价 希望你能考虑 |
[53:48] | Boss. | 老板 |
[53:53] | Okay. | 得了 |
[53:55] | We’re screwed. | 我们搞砸了 |
[53:56] | I take it he got Albert to do a test first. | 我就知道 他会让Albert先做个测试 |
[53:58] | How did you know that? | 你怎么会知道? |
[53:59] | That’s the only way he’ll know for certain if it’s a con. | 这是唯一的方法 确信他是不是被骗了 |
[54:02] | So what are we going to do? | 那么我们该怎么做? |
[54:13] | Looks like you’ve got yourself a deal,Mr.Nash. | Nash先生 我们成交了 |
[54:26] | If you could sign there. | 在这签个名 |
[54:35] | Thank you very much,Mr.Nash. | 非常感谢 Nash先生 |
[54:41] | Looks like you’ve been pipped at the post,Golden Balls. | 看上去 你大为恼火啊 Golden Balls |
[54:44] | Sorry about all that other stuff,but you never know who to trust. | 很抱歉 多做了些事 没办法 就怕错信了人 |
[54:47] | Paul,about the job.I’ve decided to keep Nick on after all. | Paul 关于那个工作 我还是决定留着Nick |
[54:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[54:57] | Can someone explain to me what just happened? | 有没有人告诉我 到底怎么回事? |
[55:01] | – He found gold. – How? | – 他找到了黄金 – 怎么可能? |
[55:03] | Well I guess the Jubilee site had to be somewhere. | 我猜 Jubilee遗址就在这附近 |
[55:06] | But that means this place could be worth millions… | 那就是说 这块地价值上百万 |
[55:09] | and we just flogged it to him for a poxy 450K. | 我们用45万就把它卖了? |
[55:11] | You win some,you lose some. | 有得必有失嘛 |
[55:14] | That was intense. | 真够惊险的 |
[55:16] | Let’s get out of here. | 快点离开这里 |
[55:23] | I just still don’t get it. | 我还是没明白 |
[55:31] | It would have been a terrible,terrible thing.But…. | 本该是件非常糟糕的事 不过… |
[55:33] | Strangely…. | 真是奇妙啊 |
[55:34] | My sex life would have been a terrible thing. | 我美妙的生活 差点毁于一旦 |
[55:37] | Do you know I could get used to this. | 我还真是不太习惯 |
[55:40] | A quiet Danny. | 一个安静的Danny |
[55:43] | Silence is golden. | 沉默是金 |
[55:49] | Having a good laugh,are you? | 笑得很开心嘛 |
[55:51] | Everybody having a good laugh? | 大家都笑那么开心 |
[55:53] | Okay,where’s my 50p?And I want a letter. | 好吧 我的50便士呢?我还要一封信 |
[55:56] | – A letter? – Yes,I want a letter signed by you… | – 一封信? – 是的 要你亲笔签名 |
[55:59] | apologizing for underestimating me and stating uncategorically… | 为低估我的能力 和不公平的待遇而道歉 |
[56:04] | that I’m the better grifter.You lot can witness it. | 我是个更棒的诈骗专家 你们都亲眼见到了 |
[56:06] | Eddie,paper on the bar,squire.Thank you. | Eddie 拿些纸来 谢谢 |
[56:09] | I’d happily do that,Danny.If you’d won the bet. | 我希望能这么做 Danny 如果你真的赢了的话 |
[56:11] | – Did we sell the land or not? – Yes. | – 我们是不是卖出土地了? – 是的 |
[56:14] | – Yeah,is the money in the case or not? – Yes. | – 好的 钱有没有拿到手? – 是的 |
[56:16] | Yeah,then pay up. | 好的 那么付钱吧 |
[56:17] | No,but the bet was which is the best style… | 不 我们赌的是 那种诈骗方法最好 |
[56:19] | your unstructured,undisciplined,fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants… | 是你那种无组织 无纪律 走一步算一步 |
[56:23] | let’s-all-go-to-jail madness masquerading as a long con… | 差点害大家都坐牢的诈骗方法呢 |
[56:26] | or my professional,reasoned,covering- all-the-angles,never-get-caught style. | 还是我这种专业的 有计划的 各方面都考虑到 不会被逮到的诈骗方法 |
[56:32] | Bollocks. | 废话 |
[56:33] | – And that’s your argument,is it? – No,my argument is the con worked… | – 那就是你的理由吗? – 不是 我的理由是 我们成功了 |
[56:36] | – and you should pay up. – But the con was falling apart. | – 所以你得认输付钱 – 可是这个计划差点失败了 |
[56:39] | We still got paid. | 我们还是拿到钱了 |
[56:41] | But only because I was watching your back. | 那是因为 我帮了你一把 |
[56:43] | – What? – Tell him Ash. | – 什么? – 告诉他 Ash |
[56:45] | No,you leave me out of this. | 不 别叫我做这个 |
[56:47] | You hadn’t covered all the angles,so I had to do it for you. | 你没有考虑到各个方面 所以我替你考虑了 |
[56:50] | How did you do that?I didn’t hear you say a word. | 你怎么做的?我都没听你提过 |
[56:52] | I didn’t have to. | 我不需要说什么 |
[56:54] | – You remember Ash firing his gun? – Yeah. | – 还记得Ash开的那一枪吗? – 是啊 |
[56:56] | He didn’t actually shoot anything. | 他并没有打中什么 |
[56:58] | – All right,so the rat died of a heart attack. – Actually… | – 哦 难道那只老鼠死于心脏病? – 事实上… |
[57:02] | it was one I prepared earlier. | 那是我事先准备好的 |
[57:03] | – What do you mean? – He simply fired into the ground. | – 什么意思? – 他只是对着地上开枪 |
[57:08] | Why? | 为什么? |
[57:09] | Because he’d filled the cartridges with gold. | 因为他在子弹里加了些黄金 |
[57:11] | All he had to do was aim at the spot where the sample was about to be taken… | 他的目标就是看中 他们取土壤样品的地方 |
[57:14] | and fire,peppering the soil with gold. | 然后开火 把黄金射入土壤里 |
[57:20] | – So there weren’t any gold? – No. | – 所以 地里没有黄金? – 当然没有 |
[57:22] | Only what we put there. | 只有我们放进去的那些 |
[57:24] | Sorry,only what I put there to cover your ass. | 哦 不 是为了替你收拾烂摊子而放的 |
[57:28] | Experience,science,Danny. | 经验加科学 Danny |
[57:31] | Covering all the angles. | 考虑到所有的方面 |
[57:32] | Not going off half-cocked. | 而不是随心所欲 |
[57:35] | So I win the bet. | 所以 我赢了 |
[57:37] | Yeah,well…. | 是的 好吧…. |
[57:42] | Whatever. | 不过… |
[57:44] | Call it a draw,all right? | 算是打平了 怎么样? |
[57:46] | No,now wait a minute… | 不 等一下…. |
[57:47] | if I hadn’t bailed you out,the whole thing would have gone pear shaped. | 如果我撒手不管 事情就麻烦了 |
[57:50] | If it weren’t for me,we wouldn’t have been there in the first place. | 如果不是我 我们一开始就不会做了 |
[57:53] | – You owe me 50p.Pay up. – No,no you pay up. | – 你欠我50便士 付钱吧 – 不 该你付 |
[57:56] | – But I won. – No,you didn’t win. | – 可是我赢了 – 没有 你没赢 |
[57:58] | You didn’t win.We made a case full of money because of me. | 你没赢 因为我 我们赢了一箱子钱 |
[58:00] | No,because of me,you mean. | 是我 因为我才赢了钱 |
[58:01] | – What about the web site? – I was going to do that. | – 那个网站怎么说? – 我正打算做 |
[58:04] | I arranged for Albert to give you a lesson in cold reading. | 我让Albert给你上一堂cold reading课呢? |
[58:07] | What,cold reading?I knew that stuff already. | 什么 cold reading课?我早就知道那些了 |
[58:09] | No,you did not. | 不 你并不知道 |
[58:10] | Looks like it’s going to be a long night. | 看上去得吵一晚上了 |
[58:12] | Yes,shall we leave them to it? | 没错 就让他们吵去吧 |
[58:14] | Why don’t you just admit it,I beat you fair and square? | 为什么就不承认 我光明正大了赢了你? |
[58:17] | Why don’t you just admit it,all right? | 那你又为什么不肯承认呢? |
[58:19] | You were going to walk away,I made us a case full of money. | 我赢了那箱钱 你就得离开了 |
[58:21] | – I do hate sore losers. – Do you? | – 我讨厌不服输的人 – 是嘛?是嘛? |
[58:25] | Double or quits. | 再赌一次 |
[58:27] | – What? – I’ve got this great idea. | – 什么? – 我想到一个好办法 |
[58:29] | – Oh,no. – No,bear with me.Pigeons. | – 哦 不 – 不 听我说 鸽子 |
[58:33] | – Pigeons? – Pigeons,yeah. | – 鸽子? – 是的 赛鸽 |
[58:34] | Pigeons.I read all about them.They’re worth a fortune. | 塞鸽 我看到过这个 值很多钱 |
[58:38] | Can you paint a pigeon? | 你会画鸽子吗? |
[58:39] | – I’m not even listening. – No.’Cause you know I’m right. | – 不知道你在说什么 – 是因为你知道 我说对了 |
[58:41] | Shut up,Danny. | 闭嘴 Danny |