时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Here we are. | 给 |
[00:16] | james, put it there. | James 就这么定了 |
[00:18] | Bloody good doing business with you. | 跟你做生意真爽 |
[00:21] | Oh! Ow! Oh! | 哦 疼 哦 |
[00:24] | I love this bloody guy. | 我喜欢这人 |
[00:26] | See you in Brunei, jago. | 我们文莱见 Jago |
[00:27] | The Sultan is expecting you. | 苏丹正等你呢 |
[00:29] | Your people can start work on the palace extension any time. | 你的人可以在宫殿周围随时开工 |
[00:32] | And don’t forget the sunscreen. | 还有别忘了涂防晒霜 |
[00:35] | Told you, they’re all bloody bonkers. | 和你说了 他们都是疯子 |
[00:38] | See you Chips. | 再见朋友 |
[00:39] | – Bye, guys. – Bye bye. | – 再见伙计们 – 再见 |
[00:43] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[00:47] | I can’t believe they fell for it. | 我不敢相信他们这么容易骗 |
[00:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:52] | Easy money. | 天上掉馅饼 |
[00:55] | Right then. Let’s get this place back to how it was. | 好了 恢复原状 |
[00:58] | Sean, mantelpiece. | Sean 收拾壁炉架 |
[01:01] | I mean those blokes were dim, | 我的意思是这些家伙都是笨蛋 |
[01:04] | that was like taking candy from a baby. | 就像骗小孩糖一样 |
[01:05] | Yeah, I never really saw the job satisfaction in taking candy from a baby. | 是啊 我还没见过骗小孩还能这么满足的 |
[01:09] | Or the fun. | 或者这么开心 |
[01:10] | Fun? | 开心? |
[01:11] | Yeah, it’s no fun when they’re that thick, is it? | 是啊 他们要是太蠢也就不好玩了 不是吗 |
[01:13] | Bloody spoils it. | 破坏了咱们的成就感 |
[01:15] | Henley and Darlow Solicitors? | Henley和Darlow律师事务所吗 |
[01:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:20] | Only there was no-one on reception. | 前台怎么没人 |
[01:23] | Well, that’s because we’re in here. | 哦 那是因为我们都在这 |
[01:25] | Spring cleaning. | 春季大扫除呢 |
[01:28] | ?? What can we do for you? | 我们能帮你做什么 |
[01:30] | I need an injunction fast. | 我急需一个禁拆令 |
[01:31] | I run this youth club, like a drop-in centre for problem kids. | 我经营一家青年俱乐部 类似问题少年收容所 |
[01:34] | In four days it’s gonna be levelled. | 四天之内它就要被强拆了 |
[01:36] | – ?? Not really our field. – You see, the club’s in a disused church, | – 我们不受理这类案件 – 我这俱乐部在一所废弃的教堂里 |
[01:39] | a listed building. | 那是个注册的保护建筑 |
[01:40] | Now some speculator buys it, says he’s gonna knock it down. | 现在一些投机商要买下它 说要推倒它 |
[01:44] | Yeah, that’s terrible. | 是啊 太糟了 |
[01:45] | But, tell you the truth, we’re more… | 但是实话告诉你 我们更多受理… |
[01:46] | – Work-related injuries… ..based. – Divorce… | – 工伤索赔 – 离婚案件 |
[01:49] | Both. | 两种都做 |
[01:52] | Yeah, yeah I get you, mate. | 好了 我明白了 |
[01:54] | just like all the other firms we spoke to. ?? | 就跟我们谈过的其他公司一样 |
[01:56] | Afraid to take on the big boys, right? | 害怕惹麻烦 是吧 |
[01:57] | That’s us, typical law firm. | 我们就这样 典型的法律公司 |
[01:59] | So, if you’re ever injured by your ex-wife. .. | 那么 如果你前妻让你很受伤 |
[02:02] | Give us a call. Yellow Pages…?? | 给我们打个电话 黄页上有… |
[02:04] | Wait. | 等等 |
[02:07] | We may be able to help. | 我们也许可以帮你 |
[02:09] | You see, the thing is, we haven’t got time for ‘maybe’. | 这件事我们没有时间说”也许” |
[02:12] | I mean, which is it? | 我的意思是 到底怎么着 |
[02:14] | You gonna take the case or not? | 接这案子还是不接 |
[03:09] | Listen, I survived out there long enough to learn one thing… | 听着 我在街上混了很久学到了一件事 |
[03:13] | Kids who go down drop-in centres are scary. | 进了收容所的小孩都很吓人的 |
[03:18] | You think there’s a mark in it? | 你觉得在那会有目标吗 |
[03:19] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[03:20] | I think we should go down to his youth club. | 我觉得我们应该去他的青年俱乐部看看 |
[03:22] | The Pulse. Hear some more. | The Pulse 去打探打探 |
[03:24] | Couldn’t hurt. | 没什么不好 |
[03:25] | Couldn’t hurt!? | 没什么不好吗 |
[03:27] | It’s in Poplar. | 它可在Poplar(伦敦中心地区) |
[03:28] | Sounds fascinatingly urban. | 听起来可是闹市区 |
[03:29] | Let me know how it goes. | 看看它是什么样的 |
[03:41] | You know, we’ve got four or five pool tables, music. | 你看 我们这有四到五个台球桌 音乐区 |
[03:44] | jalon? j? | |
[03:45] | Yeah… | 好啊 |
[03:47] | ?? We’ve got arts and crafts here. | 我们这有工艺品区 在这 |
[03:49] | Once a week we have creative writer’s workshops. | 我们每周举行一次创造性的文学作品展 |
[03:51] | If they want to, | 如果他们想办的话 |
[03:52] | the kids can hang their stuff up on the lines or on the boards. | 孩子们可以把东西挂在这些线上或者板子上 |
[03:56] | We were looking for a yoga teacher but we couldn’t really… | 我们还在找个瑜伽老师 但是我们真是没法… |
[03:58] | Yeah, I see that look a lot. | 我常看到你这副表情 |
[04:00] | Then I show people the offending rates for our club users. | 然后我把俱乐部成员的犯罪率公布给大家 |
[04:03] | One third the average for inner cities. I mean… | 是市中心平均水平的三分之一 我的意思是… |
[04:06] | ?? | 这些孩子们… |
[04:07] | That’s some pretty good stuff. | 写的真不错 |
[04:09] | Yeah, | 是啊 |
[04:10] | who’d have thought so many things rhyme with Glock nine mil. | 谁能想到用格勒克手枪做韵脚 |
[04:13] | We try to get them to express themselves, in different ways. | 我们想让他们用不同的方法来表现自己 |
[04:17] | And maybe they can resolve issues without violence. | 或许他们可以用暴力以外的东西解决问题 |
[04:20] | You making fun of my poem? | 你笑话我的诗? |
[04:22] | ?? No. ..is that yours? | 不 那是你写的吗 |
[04:24] | ??? If anything I was just saying, it’s interesting… | 不不不…我是想说你的诗很有意思 |
[04:27] | Shanice! | |
[04:28] | Could I just get past? | 我能过去吗 |
[04:29] | DON’T make fun of my poem. | 不准嘲笑我的诗 |
[04:33] | How did he get by on the streets? | 他怎么在街上混出来的啊 |
[04:35] | He had a lot of help. | 他得到了很多帮助 |
[04:38] | Shanice, just do the breathing thing, Shanice, OK? | Shanice 深呼吸 好吧 |
[04:41] | She’s crazy. | 她疯了 |
[04:42] | ?? You know what the real problem is here? | 你们知道这真正的问题在哪吗 |
[04:44] | Can we leave? | 我们能走了吗 |
[04:45] | Soon. Lack of discipline. | 缺乏纪律性 |
[04:46] | These kids’ve never done a decent day’s work in their lives. | 这些孩子从来都没干过正经的工作 |
[04:49] | Hard manual labour’s what they need. | 他们需要干些苦的体力活 |
[04:51] | So what did you do when you were their age? ?? | 你在他们那么大的时候干什么呢 |
[04:52] | Not a stroke. Look how I turned out. | 我到现在这样可不是因为运气好 |
[04:55] | Sorry about that. | 对不起 |
[04:56] | Shanice is making real progress with her anger management. | Shanice正在学习怎么样控制愤怒 |
[04:58] | Look guys, we thought we were set… | 伙计们 当初我觉得这里很稳定 |
[05:01] | Listed building, nobody would touch it. | 这是注册的保护建筑 没人敢碰它 |
[05:03] | Even when the lease ran out and the council put the place up for sale, | 即使当租期结束 市议会同意卖了它的时候 |
[05:05] | we weren’t worried. | 我们都不担心 |
[05:07] | Then we find out that they’re selling the place to some speculator. | 然后我们得知他们要把这个地方卖给投机商 |
[05:10] | 0h, dear. | 哦 天啊 |
[05:12] | They said our cheque got lost in the system. | 他们说我们的支票在系统里弄丢了 |
[05:15] | Two weeks after that the listing’s lifted. | 两周后 这里就不是注册保护建筑了 |
[05:19] | ?? That’s got to be dodgy, right? | 他们太坏了 是不 |
[05:21] | How come you didn’t go public with this? | 你怎么不把这事公之于众呢 |
[05:22] | I was going to! | 我原本要去啊 |
[05:23] | I had a whole campaign organised. ?? | 我有一整套方案 |
[05:26] | Our local MP, Rhona Christie, she convinced me to call it off, | 我们这的议员Rhona Christie劝我放弃 |
[05:30] | said she’d find us another building. | 她说给我们找个新地方 |
[05:31] | Everyone’d be happy.. | 所有人都满意 |
[05:33] | And?. | 然后呢 |
[05:34] | She stopped returning our calls. | 她就不回我们电话了 |
[05:37] | That was the last we heard of her. | 那是她最后留下的话 |
[05:41] | Well, I say we help them. | 我说我们得帮他们 |
[05:43] | You must be joking. It doesn’t need saving. ?? | 你开玩笑吧 那地方不需要留下来 |
[05:44] | It needs an electric fence put round it to keep the kids in! | 得要电网围着才能让那些孩子们呆在里面 |
[05:47] | Weren’t you listening? | 你没听见吗 |
[05:48] | Politicians, speculators, dodgy property deals… | 政客 投机商 狡猾的房地产交易 |
[05:50] | Sounds like a gift from the grifting gods. | 听起来好像骗子的上帝赐予我们的礼物 |
[05:53] | No, seriously, Albert, there was this one girl. ?? | 不 说真的Albert 有那么一个女孩… |
[05:54] | ?? This speculator, he wouldn’t have bought a listed building on a hunch. ?? | 那个投机商是不会仅凭预感会除掉注册 就买下这样一间保护建筑的 |
[05:58] | He must’ve known he could get the listing lifted. | 他肯定知道他能把这建筑从保护名单里去掉 |
[06:00] | Who’d tell him? | 谁会告诉他呢 |
[06:02] | That’s insider dealing, kind of thing you get locked up for. | 这是内部交易 也是咱们锁定的目标 |
[06:04] | Maybe the same person who persuaded Lennie to drop their campaign. | 也许跟让Lennie放弃计划的是同一个人 |
[06:07] | The MP? | 那个议员吗 |
[06:10] | Research? | 调查吗 |
[06:11] | Research. | 调查 |
[06:23] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:25] | ?? Is that the real Big Ben there? | 那是大笨钟吗 |
[06:28] | It’s there, that’s it there! | 是的 那就是 |
[06:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:13] | Sorry?! Do you know what you can do with ‘sorry’? | 对不起? 你知道对不起能有什么用吗 |
[07:16] | Get a cardboard box, | 拿个纸箱 |
[07:18] | put ‘sorry’ in there, | 把对不起放进去 |
[07:20] | then go to your desk and put the rest of your crap in there with it | 然后到你办公桌那 把其他你的垃圾跟它一起放进去 |
[07:22] | and get out of my office! | 然后滚出我的办公室 |
[07:25] | Rhona Christie. Career politician. | Rhona Christie 职业政客 |
[07:29] | Took a marginal seat promising to speak up for the man and woman in the street. | 答应为老百姓说话而在竞选中得到了边际席位 |
[07:33] | Preserve ethics and integrity in public life. | 在公众面前正直维护道德规范 |
[07:38] | Built a reputation as a conscientious MP. | 拥有良好声誉的议员 |
[07:41] | Well, thought of in the party. | 好了 说一下党内的事 |
[07:44] | Four years on she’s someone of influence in the construction industry. | 她在职四年 在建筑行业很有影响力 |
[07:48] | Christie’s a key member of the team behind the Minister for Urban Development. | Christie是城市发展部长团队里的一个重要成员 |
[07:52] | Her job’s ‘to streamline the regulatory process | 她的工作是改善制订规章制度的效率 |
[07:54] | and accelerate economic growth. | 和加速经济发展 |
[07:57] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:57] | She picks projects to fast track, then makes them happen. | 她挑选项目到快速通道上 然后让他们实现 |
[08:00] | It means that she can by-pass planners, environmentalists… | 意思是她能绕过计划者 环保主义者 |
[08:03] | That’s a lot of influence. | 那可是有很大的影响力 |
[08:05] | ?? Probably why she’s every construction bigwig in the country fawning over her. | 可能这就是为什么那些建筑界要人奉承她 |
[08:10] | ?? She uses her influence to help them put up their new buildings. | 她用她的影响力去帮助他们建新楼 |
[08:13] | Or better still, it lets them tear down the old ones. | 更甚的是它能帮他们推倒那些老楼 |
[08:16] | If they’ve got a listed building on a site they own, | 如果他们的场地里有一栋注册保护建筑 |
[08:19] | it means they can’t develop. | 就限制了开发 |
[08:20] | That’s why Christie’s the fairy godmother. | 这就是为什么Christie是他们的救命教母仙女 |
[08:24] | With a wave of her wand turns a worthless property into prime real-estate. | 她挥一下她的魔杖就能把 不值钱的房产变成一流的房产 |
[08:28] | And you think she delisted the Pulse? | 你觉得她能把the Pulse从注册建筑去除吗 |
[08:31] | ?? She was in the room when it happened. | 她只能处于这样地位时这些事情才发生 |
[08:32] | Yeah, but that doesn’t prove… | 是 但是这也不能证明… |
[08:33] | ?? She’s right. Christie’s not stupid. | 对 她是对的 Christie不傻 |
[08:35] | ?? She’s not going to leave evidence lying around. ?? | 她不会留下证据 不是吗 |
[08:38] | ?? If she’s taking bungs, ??? | 要是她从中拿利润 问题是 |
[08:40] | how does the money go from the developers to her? | 她通过什么渠道从发展商那拿钱呢 |
[08:42] | Brown envelopes. | 黄信封(指现金受贿) |
[08:43] | Not these days. Too risky. | 现在可不比从前 太危险了 |
[08:45] | MPs know the bloke with the brown envelope’s got a chance | 议员知道这些笨蛋用黄信封 |
[08:47] | of being an undercover journalist. | 会给暗访记者机会的 |
[08:49] | Developers can’t expose themselves either. | 行贿的人也不能暴露自己 |
[08:51] | They have to account for their outgoings. | 他们的支出都要入账的 |
[08:53] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[08:54] | We give up. | 我们放弃 |
[08:56] | How? | 到底怎么回事 |
[08:56] | No idea. I’ve drawn a blank. | 不知道 我一无所获 |
[08:58] | How ever Christie’s covering her tracks, she’s very good at it. | 不管她怎样藏着狐狸尾巴 她很擅长这个 |
[09:01] | The only way to find out how she does her deals ?? | 只有一种方法去找出她是怎么干的 |
[09:05] | is to offer her one. | 就是去向她行贿 |
[09:06] | If she’s dodgy. We’ll find out. | 狐狸尾巴总是藏不住的 |
[09:08] | ?? | 对啊 |
[09:10] | Yes, general election’s not far off. | 对 离大选不远了 |
[09:12] | She’s got to be looking for one last big pay day. | 她要最后猛捞一笔 |
[09:14] | First we find a property developer, | 首先我们找一个房地产开发商 |
[09:17] | borrow their identity, | 盗用他们的身份 |
[09:19] | make Christie believe they’re offering bungs for a quick de-listing. | 让Christie相信他们会为 迅速取消注册保护建筑而行贿 |
[09:22] | Then, we get ourselves into the developer’s place of business, | 然后 我们进到开发商办公的地方 |
[09:26] | and close the deal. | 完成交易 |
[09:27] | That’s all? | 这就完了吗 |
[09:28] | No, not quite. | 不 还没 |
[09:29] | Before that we have to get someone inside Christie’s office. | 在这之前我们要派一个人进入Christie的办公室 |
[09:32] | Sadly, her and her researcher have had a parting of the ways. | 不幸的是 她和她的助手不欢而散 |
[09:36] | Apparently, she goes through them at the rate of one a week. | 很明显 她每周检查他们一次 |
[09:38] | Chews them up and spits ’em out. | 榨干他们 然后扫地出门 |
[09:41] | So, who do we know that’s bite sized? | 所以 谁符合她要的人选呢 |
[09:49] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[09:50] | We’d like you to apply for the post of researcher. | 我们要让你去申请当她的助手 |
[09:52] | Me? | 我吗 |
[09:55] | Why me? | 为什么我啊 |
[09:56] | Because you have an impressive ability to absorb and apply new information. | 因为你对新信息的吸收应用能力很强 |
[10:00] | And you’re the only one of us | 而且你是我们当中唯一的一个 |
[10:01] | ?? going to pass for some spod just straight out of uni. | 能被当成是大学毕业的书呆子的人 |
[10:05] | But I don’t know anything about politics. | 但是我对政治一点也不了解 |
[10:06] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[10:08] | Picked you up some background reading. | 给你选了几本相关书籍 |
[10:11] | Could be a long afternoon. | 这个下午会很长啊 |
[10:12] | Make sure you’ve got your head round these by the morning. | 要保证明天早上之前弄懂 |
[10:15] | Got to get the details right. | 细节上一定要正确 |
[10:17] | Wouldn’t want you getting spat out too soon. | 不要求你很快搞定 |
[10:19] | Eddie’s anyone? | 谁去Eddie那? |
[10:20] | Yeah, what a lovely idea that is. | 好主意 |
[10:24] | Don’t work too hard. | 别太努力啊 |
[10:32] | You’re concerned. | 你在担心 |
[10:33] | Ah! She is concerned. | 哦 她在担心 |
[10:35] | ?? | 看到了吧 |
[10:36] | And unless I’m very much mistaken, | 除非我给弄错了 |
[10:37] | Emma here is a bit anxious | Emma有一点担心 |
[10:39] | about how her little brother’s going to get on in the murky world of politics. | 因为她弟弟将要混进黑暗的政界去了 |
[10:44] | Actually that wasn’t what I was concerned about. | 事实上那不是我所担心的 |
[10:47] | Right. | 好吧 |
[10:48] | What I was thinking was, | 我在想 |
[10:49] | the demolition men go to work on the Pulse on Friday. ?? | 工人们星期五就去拆房子了 对吧 |
[10:52] | That’s in three days. | 就剩3天了 |
[10:54] | ?? Even if this comes off | 就算计划实现了 |
[10:55] | and we work out how Christie’s making money | 我们也知道了Christie是怎么受贿的 |
[10:57] | and how we con her and all that, | 以及我们怎么去骗她 这一系列的 |
[11:00] | how does that save the Pulse? | 但怎么能留住the Pulse呢 |
[11:02] | ?? More or less what I was saying, really. | 我其实也是这个意思 真的 |
[11:05] | After we expose Christie, everyone will see the deal’s not kosher. | 咱们揭发Christie之后 所有人都知道那些交易是非法的 |
[11:09] | ?? By then it’ll be too late. | 可那就太晚了 |
[11:11] | The bulldozers will have flattened it. | 那里早就被夷为平地了 |
[11:14] | Hmm. Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[11:15] | We’ll think of something. | 会有个好主意的 |
[11:20] | The lady in question. | 那个正接受采访的女人就是 |
[11:21] | This policy initiative is about choice. | 这项政策提案给民众带来更多选择 |
[11:23] | It’s about empowering communities, something I’m passionate about. | 是关于下授予权力给社区 而这正是我所热衷的 |
[11:27] | Doesn’t seem so bad. | 看起来没那么坏 |
[11:28] | You wait till the cameras go off. | 记者走了你就上 |
[11:33] | ?? This is a list of 30 of the biggest London-based property developers. | 这些就是伦敦前三十名的地产开发商名单 |
[11:38] | Albert’s gotta be one of these people. | Albert 你要扮演其中一位 |
[11:40] | There’s a lot of aristos. | 这里面有不少贵族啊 |
[11:41] | Funny that. | 有意思 |
[11:42] | How’s your toff, Albert? | 你的口音怎么样 Albert |
[11:43] | Not bad, if I do say so myself. | 要是让我自己说 感觉不错 |
[11:50] | What about this one, Dave McAsker… Glaswegian. Do your Gorbals. ?? | 这个怎么样Dave McAsker 格拉斯哥人(苏格兰) 你试着说下 |
[11:53] | I’d hardly been ga’en the name of a Scot, for I’m nae a Scot myself. | 我从来不认为格拉斯哥人四苏格兰银 我也不四苏格兰银 |
[11:57] | ?? Darren Black. A cockney. | 这个怎样Darren Black 伦敦人 |
[12:00] | – All right mate, ?? I’m a cockney, – hell… | – 哥们儿咋样 我也是伦敦人 – 这… |
[12:03] | Oh! Look at… Sorry. | 噢 看这个 抱歉 |
[12:05] | ?? Here. jj Kayne. Billionaire. | JJ Kayne 亿万富翁翁 |
[12:09] | There’s no images coming up. | 没有照片 |
[12:10] | ?? Camera shy. | 说他不愿意照相 |
[12:11] | ?? Keeps himself to himself. | 不愿意别人看到他的样子 |
[12:13] | So Christie won’t have met him. Or know what he looks like. | 这么说Christie应该没见过他 或也不知道他长什么样子 |
[12:15] | But She’ll know who he is.?? | 可她知道他是谁吧 |
[12:16] | Big name in property. ??? | 业界很有名的人 |
[12:18] | ?? If we could convince Christie that someone like jj Kayne | 要是我们能说服她 说JJ Kayne |
[12:20] | would occasionally take the odd shady deal, | 愿意偶尔的来一笔幕后交易 |
[12:23] | it’d be a great relationship for her to foster. | 她会很看重这样的关系的 |
[12:25] | And sorry, no offence Albert, but he qualifies for a bus pass. | 对不起 无意冒犯Albert 他岁数也很大了 |
[12:29] | 0h, ?? and it says here | 这里还说 |
[12:32] | that he also happens to be American. | 居然他也是咯美国人 |
[12:35] | I’d still like to try my cockney, give it a punt. | 我还是想试试我的伦敦腔 赌一把 |
[12:40] | – jj Kayne. – JJ Kayne | – jj Kayne. |
[12:41] | ??? | |
[12:43] | ‘Albert’s jj Kayne, a big property developer and your godfather.’ | Albert扮演JJ Kayne 一个大地产商而且是你的教父 |
[12:46] | Yep, got it. | 好 知道了 |
[12:48] | Looks like I’ve got a new godfather. | 看起来我多了个新教父 |
[12:50] | What it’s not about, Peter, is, | Peter 这件事不是关于这点 |
[12:52] | and I make no apology for this, | 我不会为此道歉 |
[12:54] | ?? it’s not about top-down handouts or dependency culture. | 因为这不是关于自上而下的施舍或依赖文化 (穷人仰赖社会福利不能自立更生的文化) |
[12:59] | Nervous? | 紧张吗 |
[13:01] | Nah. | 不 |
[13:03] | Thought you might be nervous, corridors of power and all that. | 我在想你或许会紧张 权利长廊还有一系列的事 |
[13:07] | Well. | 好吧 |
[13:08] | The thing you’ve got to grasp is | 一定要记牢的事情就是 |
[13:09] | the electorate’s got the ?? service and welfare expectations | 选民对北欧的社会民主体系的 |
[13:12] | of a Scandinavian social democracy, | 服务和福利有很高的期待 |
[13:13] | coupled with a low tolerance for taxation levels that stray above 25%. | 而且对目前高于25%的征税率很难容忍 |
[13:17] | Once y0u’ve got that it’s a piece of piss. | 你明白了这些 其他的就是小菜一碟 |
[13:23] | CV. | 你的简历 |
[13:28] | A first from Cambridge. | 剑桥的一等学位 |
[13:29] | ?? Told you all that hard work and dedication would pay off. | 我告诉你了 让你付出那么多努力会有回报的 |
[13:34] | What if she follows up the references? | 他要是联系我的推荐人呢 |
[13:35] | Check the telephone numbers. | 看看电话号码 |
[13:40] | They’re all yours. | 全都是你的 |
[13:42] | Barrington? | |
[13:42] | Fine fellow, good head on his shoulders. | 为人和善 见多识广 |
[13:45] | Played golf with his father, | 和他父亲一起打过高尔夫 |
[13:47] | he’s a fine fellow too. | 他父亲人也不错 |
[13:53] | Fine. | 好 |
[13:54] | You sure you’re not nervous? | 你真的不紧张吗 |
[13:55] | Only your CV’s shaking a bit. | 你拿着简历的手在抖 |
[13:57] | ?? I might be a little bit. | 也许有点吧 |
[14:00] | You must’ve been nervous your first time. | 你第一次的时候你肯定也紧张 |
[14:02] | ?? I was. | 是的 |
[14:03] | Luckily I’d Albert with me, he did something. Took me mind off it. | 很幸运 Albert和我在一起 他帮我驱除了紧张 |
[14:07] | Yeah. | 是吗 |
[14:09] | What did he do? | 他干吗了 |
[14:10] | Stamped on my foot. I was fine after that. | 使劲跺我的脚 后来就不紧张了 |
[14:17] | Ms Christie. ?? Could I have a word? | Christie女士 可以和你说两句吗 |
[14:19] | How can I help? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:19] | ?? I’ve followed your career very closely… | 我一直关注你的职业生涯 |
[14:21] | ?? You’re one of my favourite parliamentarians. | 你是我最喜欢的议员之一 |
[14:23] | Top five! | 前五的 |
[14:24] | No, scrap that, top three. | 哦 不对 前三的 |
[14:26] | And what do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[14:27] | A job as a researcher. | 做你的助手 |
[14:29] | Sorry, I should’ve said that. | 对不起 我不该这么说 |
[14:35] | – If you’d just look at my CV. – Already got a pile of those in my office, | – 你要是看看我的简历 – 我办公室里已经有一大堆了 |
[14:38] | they block the light out. | 把光线都挡住了 |
[14:39] | That’s why I thought I’d approach you. | 所以我主动来找你 |
[14:41] | Make a positive face to face impression. | 面对面的给个好印象 |
[14:42] | ?? Still think that was a good idea? ?? | 还认为这主意不错吗 |
[14:44] | – I got a first in politics! – Now he’s reciting his CV! ?? | – 我有政治学一等… – 你别背你的简历 |
[14:47] | I’ve submitted several papers | 我发表了好多论文 |
[14:48] | – to leading think-tanks. – Boring! | – 给首席智囊团 – 无聊 |
[14:50] | – I’m dedicated, pro-active, ambitious. – Don’t forget boring! | – 我专注 主动又有抱负 – 还是无聊 |
[14:53] | – I did a two year MA at… – Goodbye! | – 我获得了硕士学位… – 再见 |
[15:02] | Then I finished my MA, | 在硕士毕业之后 |
[15:03] | after which I served a six month internship at Kayne Holdings. | 我在kayne集团做了实习了6个月 |
[15:07] | Kayne Holdings. How did you swing that one? | Kayne集团 你怎么进去的? |
[15:08] | It wasn’t very difficult. | 不是很难 |
[15:10] | jj’s my godfather. | JJ是我教父 |
[15:12] | – He’s a good friend friend of my… – Follow me. Two steps behind. | – 他是我的… – 跟着我 离我两步远 |
[15:16] | Erm. ..he’s with me. | 他和我一起的 |
[15:22] | I get in at eight and I leave between ten and midnight. | 我8点上班 晚上10点到12点离开 |
[15:25] | You’re here when I arrive, and after I go home. | 你得来的比我早 走的比我晚 |
[15:29] | When you’re not here, you’re on call 24 hours, seven days a week. | 下班时间里 你要24小时随时待命 一周七天都如此 |
[15:32] | That’s your desk. | 这是你的桌子 |
[15:33] | The position’s unpaid. | 这个职位没有报酬 |
[15:36] | Sounds very fair. | 很公平 |
[15:37] | It’s not supposed to. | 本不该这么认为 |
[15:48] | I’m in. | 我进去了 |
[15:50] | Nice one. | 不错啊 |
[15:52] | Bride and groom only, please. | 新郎新娘过来 |
[15:55] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[15:57] | Big smiles. | 灿烂的微笑 |
[16:00] | Lovely. | 非常好 |
[16:01] | ?? We may have to postpone the honeymoon, my dear. | 亲爱的 咱们的蜜月要延期了 |
[16:03] | ?? I’ve got some business I have to take care of in the country. | 在那国家 我有些生意要去打理 |
[16:08] | I’m sending through her diary now. | 我现在把她的日程安排发过去 |
[16:22] | Should come in handy. | 迟早派的上用场的 |
[16:28] | She’s horrible. | 她太可怕了 |
[16:30] | It’s only for a few days. | 就几天而已 |
[16:31] | A few days is a long time in politics, OK? | 在政界 几天也很难熬 知道吗 |
[16:35] | No, jj. She’s not that kind of MP. | 不 JJ 她不是那种议员 |
[16:38] | Look, I have to go now, OK? | 我得挂了 好吧 |
[16:40] | BYe_ | 再会 |
[16:41] | I need a two page precis of this lot. | 我要这堆东西做成一份两页的大纲 |
[16:44] | Within the hour. | 一小时之内 |
[16:45] | Sure… | 没问题 |
[16:46] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[16:47] | jj got very excited when he heard who I’m working for. | JJ知道我为谁工作后很兴奋 |
[16:50] | ?? Great guy, but a bit old school in his business practices, | 他人很好 就是做生意有点喜欢老一套 |
[16:53] | if you know what I mean… | 你明白吧 |
[16:55] | – He sounds like a character. – Hmm. | – 他听起来挺有个性 – 嗯 |
[16:58] | Oh, and, erm… | 噢 对了 |
[17:01] | one more personal call and you’re fired. | 再打私人电话 你就被解雇了 |
[17:20] | If you so much as move another inch, | 你再动一步 |
[17:22] | I’ll blow your head off your shoulders. | 我就打爆你的头 |
[17:26] | Miriam, is that any way to greet an old friend? | Miriam 你就这么招呼你的老朋友啊 |
[17:31] | Albert? | |
[17:36] | I’ve got to get a new prescription for these things. | 我得配副新眼镜了 |
[17:38] | I might’ve shot you where you stand. | 我差点开枪打你了 |
[17:43] | Now what can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么呢 |
[17:48] | All right? Get this. | 好吧 听着 |
[17:51] | I’ve just done a 12-hour day, yeah? | 我刚刚下班 工作了12个小时 好不好 |
[17:53] | What does she go and do? | 猜猜她干吗了 |
[17:54] | She gives me homework. Work. .. | 她还给我留作业 |
[17:56] | To do at home. After work. | 下班后在家要做的工作 |
[17:58] | Right, so difficulties with the old work-life balance then, eh? | 对啊 工作和生活的平衡很难找啊 对吧 |
[18:03] | ?? Very insightful. | 真深刻 |
[18:04] | Where’s Emma? | Emma在哪呢 |
[18:05] | Booth. | 卡座那边 |
[18:08] | No, it’s true! | 不 那是真的 |
[18:09] | If I’d to guess I’d say those two were… | 要让我猜 我还以为他俩… |
[18:11] | Shh, shh, shh. | 嘘嘘嘘 |
[18:13] | How old are they? | 他们多大了 |
[18:15] | Not very old. | 不是很老 |
[18:17] | At what point do you stop appreciating the expertise…? | 从什么时候开始你又不听专家的意见了 |
[18:20] | All right?! ?? | 你们好吗 |
[18:22] | – ?? – Hi. | – 好啊 |
[18:24] | How’s the cut-throat world of political intrigue? | 玩命的政治世界好玩吗 |
[18:26] | Brilliant, yeah. | 绝了 知道吗 |
[18:28] | I Thought you could go over the breakdown of the con for me. | 我认为你该给我讲讲这次的分工 |
[18:30] | Seeing as I wasn’t around. | 因为当时我不在场 |
[18:32] | Yeah. Good idea. Have a seat. | 好 说得对 坐吧 |
[18:36] | I’lljust get a drink. | 我去弄点东西喝 |
[18:44] | ?? Albert will play jj Kayne, your godfather. | Albert扮演你的教父JJ Kayne |
[18:47] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:48] | ?? Emma will play Georgia, his wife… | Emma演他妻子Georgia |
[18:51] | We’re just working out how to get into Kayne’s office. | 我们想出进Kayne办公室的办法了 |
[18:54] | I’ll be their personal lawyer. | 我会是他们的私人律师 |
[18:55] | Meaning…you’re in the office with Emma. | 就是说你和Emma一起在办公室 |
[19:00] | And Albert. | 还有Albert |
[19:01] | Hmm. Funny that. | 有意思 |
[19:03] | You and Emma working the inside again. | 你和Emma又一次内部合作 |
[19:05] | Seems to break down that way a lot, doesn’t it, Mick? | 这种分工已经好多次了是吧 |
[19:07] | Only this time you’ve got me putting in a 25 hour day | 只不过这次你让我去做了个一天工作25小时的活 |
[19:09] | as Christie’s personal punch bag. | 去做Christie的出气筒 |
[19:12] | It’s worked out nice for ya. | 对你来说是很不错啊 |
[19:14] | That’s not why… | 这不是因为… |
[19:15] | I see what’s going on. | 我明白这是怎么回事 |
[19:17] | You see it? | 你明白? |
[19:18] | Yeah, I see it. | 是的 我明白 |
[19:21] | Did you mind telling me what ‘it’ is? | 那你介意和我说说是什么吗 |
[19:24] | Well, you seem to be arranging it | 好 你一直在安排所有的事 |
[19:25] | so you can spend all your time alone with Emma. | 你就可以花所有的时间单独和Emma在一起 |
[19:30] | Am I? | 我有这样吗 |
[19:31] | I’m not messing around Mick. That’s my sister we’re talking about here! | 我不想浪费时间 我们在说的是我姐姐 |
[19:36] | Now I want to know what y0u’ve got in mind. | 我现在要知道你是怎么想的 |
[19:39] | This might be the most old fashioned conversation I’ve ever had. | 这或许是我进行过的最老土的谈话了 |
[19:41] | Listen. | 听着 |
[19:42] | I’ve seen how you look at her, all right? | 我看见你看他的眼神了 好吧 |
[19:46] | And I’m just warning you, | 我只想警告你 |
[19:47] | keep your distance. | 保持距离 |
[19:51] | You two get together, fine, | 你们俩在一起 没问题 |
[19:53] | have your little work- place romance, whatever. | 发展你的工作爱情 随便 |
[19:56] | That comes to an end, | 总有结束的那天 |
[19:57] | you’re OK to pick up where you left off, But she’s not. | 你可以随随便便的就离开 可她不是 |
[19:59] | ?? She can’t afford this to go wrong for her. ??? | 她受不了那种打击 知道吗 |
[20:03] | And don’t do that stupid smirky thing. | 还有别对着我傻傻得意的笑 |
[20:05] | – I’m not. – It winds me up. | – 我没有 – 让我来气 |
[20:07] | I’m smiling, genuinely. | 我在笑呢 真心真意的 |
[20:10] | I think it’s admirable, you looking out for her. | 我觉得你这么照顾她很好 |
[20:13] | ?? I give you my word, | 我向你保证 |
[20:14] | I’ll always behave honourably towards your sister. | 我会对你姐姐规规矩矩的 |
[20:18] | Admirable, yeah. | 真令人钦佩啊 |
[20:21] | Yeah, well we’ll see, won’t we, Mick? | 好 走着瞧吧 Mick |
[20:40] | Michelle Mae? | |
[20:41] | It’s six o’clock in the morning. | 现在可是早上6点啊 |
[20:43] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 怎么了 |
[20:44] | ?? Travel company said you need these as early as possible | 旅行社要尽早把这些给你们 |
[20:46] | if you’re gonna make the flight. | 如果你们还想赶上飞机 |
[20:48] | Flight? | 飞机? |
[20:52] | Two day city break in Madrid. | 马德里二日休闲游 |
[20:54] | Madrid! 0h! Party town. | 马德里 噢 好地方 |
[20:56] | For two. | 两个人的 |
[20:58] | I didn’t book a city break in Madrid. | 可是我没有定过马德里的城市游 |
[21:02] | ?? Tickets are in your name. | 可这票都是你的名字 |
[21:04] | ?? I tell you what. | 和你说吧 |
[21:06] | These travel companies are always screwing up. | 这些旅行社老是搞错 |
[21:08] | If you don’t say anything, then I won’t say anything. | 你要是什么都不说 我就不说 |
[21:19] | Only, you’ve got two hours to catch that plane. | 只不过你们只有两小时赶飞机了 |
[21:22] | Cheers. | 谢了 |
[21:28] | Shivery, yeah, pains in my bones. | 我感冒了 对 全身酸痛 |
[21:33] | Don’t know how I’m going to feel tomorrow either if I’m honest… | 老实说明天我也上不了班了 |
[21:37] | 0h, thanks, Troy. | 多谢你了 Troy |
[21:41] | Gatwick, fast! | Gatwick机场 快 |
[21:48] | Are you sure you can get the position? | 你肯定能得到这职位吗 |
[21:50] | It’s a guy in charge, isn’t it? | 管事的是个男的吧 |
[21:53] | Lovely to meet you, Troy. | 很高兴见到你 Troy |
[21:57] | I don’t understand how you got here so fast. | 你怎么来的如此之快呢 |
[22:01] | Our regular office assistant only just rang in sick. | 我们的办公室助理刚刚打电话来请了病假 |
[22:05] | Well, we’re not called Quickie-Temps for nothing. | 我这速成雇员的名字也不是白叫的 |
[22:08] | ?? Is it hot in here or is it me? | 这里真热啊 还是我很热 |
[22:11] | Don’t say both. I’m just gonna. .. | 别说两者都是 (hot又指性感) |
[22:20] | We do need somebody. | 我们确实需要人手 |
[22:23] | However, | 但是 |
[22:27] | I’m not sure you’re suitable. | 我不确定你行不行 |
[22:34] | Ooh, shoes. | 噢 鞋子 |
[22:36] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[22:38] | Prada loafers. Very nice. | Prada便鞋 真漂亮 |
[22:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:46] | Christian Louboutin. | 克里斯托 鲁布托的 |
[23:06] | Ooh, what is that? Is that jasmine? | 噢 这是什么 茉莉花香吗 |
[23:09] | You like? | 你喜欢吗 |
[23:10] | I adore. | 最爱了 |
[23:19] | This Godfather of yours. .. | 你的教父 |
[23:24] | Get me a meeting. | 给我安排见见他 |
[23:24] | OK. Only… | 好的 只是… |
[23:27] | What? | 怎么 |
[23:28] | He doesn’t really do meetings. | 他不太喜欢和人见面 |
[23:31] | Get me the meeting or find a new job. | 给我安排 否则就去找新工作吧 |
[23:34] | Right. | 好的 |
[23:37] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[23:40] | Is that gonna count as a personal call? | 这次还算私人电话吗 |
[23:48] | Can I just say, this hasn’t been easy to set up. | 我得和你说 安排这可不容易 |
[23:51] | That’s him. | 那就是他 |
[23:52] | Alex Cooper. Kayne’s lawyer. | Alex Cooper Kayne的律师 |
[23:54] | Everything goes through Alex. | 每件事都要经过他的 |
[23:56] | jj said we can have five minutes. | JJ说我们有5分钟时间 |
[23:57] | Why’s he talking to Hugh Cannon? | 为什么他在和Hugh Cannon说话 |
[23:59] | Thought I recognised the face. | 就说很面熟嘛 |
[24:02] | I’m sorry for coming up to you like this. | 真抱歉这么唐突 |
[24:03] | Right, Hugh Cannon. Shadow… | Hugh Cannon 传说中的… |
[24:06] | Development Secretary. | 发展部长 |
[24:07] | Bastard. | 傻逼 |
[24:08] | Is there any way I could make some kind of contribution to party funds? | 有什么方式可以让我为你们党基金做贡献吗 |
[24:11] | ?? Nothing massive, couple of hundred thousand… | 不会太多 就几十万的样子 |
[24:14] | He’s probably putting out feelers. | 他大概在试探呢 |
[24:15] | In case there’s a change of govern… | 看看政府有没有什么变化 |
[24:18] | Government. | 政府 |
[24:20] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[24:22] | jj does always say how property’s a long-term business. | JJ常说地产是个长线生意 |
[24:25] | I’m in printing, for my sins, | 我印这些印刷品 是为了赎罪 |
[24:28] | ?? hence all this bumf. Please ignore. | 所以请忽略这些小册子 |
[24:31] | That’s City Side. | 那就是City Side |
[24:33] | jj’s biggest project. 30 acres of retail and living complex. | JJ最大的项目 占地30英亩的零售和生活综合小区 |
[24:37] | ?? He’s always banging on about it… ‘We’ll make millions, my boy.’ | 他常说 “我们这项目会赚大钱的 孩子” |
[24:40] | Only problem is, there’s a bunch of listed buildings on the site. | 问题在于 在那片地区有几座注册保护建筑 |
[24:43] | I’ll be in touch. | 再联系 |
[24:45] | It would be wonderful to do business with you. | 与您共事非常高兴 |
[24:46] | Actually, thinking about it, | 事实上 想到这里 |
[24:47] | – I probably shouldn’t have said that… – Shut up. | – 我本不该说那些… – 闭嘴 |
[24:50] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[24:52] | – Hi, Alex, this is… – Rhona Christie. MP. | – Alex这是… – Rhona Christie 议员 |
[24:55] | Yes. jj mentioned you. | 是的 JJ说起过你 |
[24:56] | I work very closely with the Minister for Urban Development. | 我和城市发展部长合作非常紧密 |
[24:59] | My department’s always keen to explore sites | 我们部门热衷于开发建设项目 |
[25:02] | with potential for regeneration. | 尤其是有重建潜力的项目 |
[25:05] | Let me know if Mr Kayne feels a meeting | 如果Kayne先生觉得一次会见可以给我们带来双赢 |
[25:08] | would be mutually beneficial… | 请随时联系我 |
[25:09] | ?? Yes, of course. I’ll do that. | 好的 当然 一定转达 |
[25:16] | – Thanks. – Bye. | – 谢谢 – 再见 |
[25:19] | This City Side development… | City Side建设项目 |
[25:21] | I thought we were gonna forget that. | 我以为我们不提那事了 |
[25:22] | It’ll create jobs, huge benefits to the area. | 它会带来就业机会 会给该地区带来好处 |
[25:25] | It’s my brief to make this happen. | 实现它 是我的大纲 |
[25:27] | I’m not sure jj’s someone | 我不认为JJ是一个… |
[25:28] | – you want to get too deeply… – If they’re ?? approaching the opposition | – 你愿意太了解的人 – 如果我们的对手在行动 |
[25:30] | I need to move fast. | 我就得比他们更快 |
[25:31] | This should be a feather in our cap, not the Tories. | 这功劳是我们的 不是保守党的 |
[25:34] | Brief me on Kayne. Everything you know. | 给我讲讲Kayne这人 所有你知道的 |
[25:39] | Tough day at the office? | 很辛苦的一天啊 |
[25:40] | I don’t know how people do it. | 真不知道他们是怎么做这种工作的 |
[25:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:45] | So, when do we go in? | 咱们什么时候进入呢 |
[25:49] | There is a window of 43 minutes. | 有43分钟的空隙 |
[25:53] | Sounds specific. | 这么精确 |
[25:54] | It is. | 没错 |
[25:55] | Troy told me. | Troy和我说的 |
[25:57] | Troy! | |
[25:58] | ?? According to Troy, | 他还说 |
[25:59] | old man Kayne is a creature of strict routine. | 老Kayne是个极度有规律的人 |
[26:02] | He stays up late with the global markets. | 他每天睡得很晚 关注国际市场行情 |
[26:04] | So he doesn’t get to the office until 10. | 所以他在10点之前不会去公司 |
[26:07] | 0n the dot. Always. | 永远准时准点 |
[26:10] | Morning, Mr Kayne. | 早上好 Kayne先生 |
[26:11] | He’s not a big people person… | 他有点小气 |
[26:16] | He reads the financial papers, | 他读金融时报 |
[26:18] | talks to his overseas brokers | 和海外经纪人谈话 |
[26:19] | for precisely 182 minutes. | 整182分钟 |
[26:26] | Afternoon, Mr Kayne. | 下午好 Kayne先生 |
[26:27] | At 1:02, he comes out again. | 1:02的时候他会出来 |
[26:30] | And he’s inside his people carrier by 1:10. | 1:10的时候他会在他的多人运输车上 |
[26:34] | By 1:17, he’s tucking into a bowl of French onion soup. | 1:17的时候他喝一碗法式洋葱汤 |
[26:38] | Same soup every day. | 每天都是一样的汤 |
[26:40] | How do you know what soup he has? | 你怎么知道他喝的什么汤 |
[26:41] | Nice lunch, Mr Kayne? | Kayne先生 吃的不错吧 |
[26:43] | Get me New York! | 给我接纽约 |
[26:46] | Breath. | 口气 |
[26:49] | I do appreciate a strict routine. | 我挺喜欢特别规律的 |
[26:53] | We have to get into his offices, | 我们要进入他的办公室 |
[26:55] | take the meeting as jj Kayne, | 假冒JJ Kayne的身份 |
[26:57] | convince Christie to buy into the deal | 让Christie上套 |
[26:59] | and be out again without anyone notices. | 然后神不知鬼不觉的出来 |
[27:02] | Think we can do it in the time? | 你觉得咱们时间够用吗 |
[27:07] | Let’s give it a go. | 试试吧 |
[27:16] | You’re looking very groomed. | 穿戴这么整齐啊 |
[27:19] | Got an interview later for a permanent job. | 我一会儿有个长期工作的面试 |
[27:22] | 0h! | 噢 |
[27:23] | I know! | 我明白 |
[27:24] | Don’t go! | 别走 |
[27:26] | Morning, Mr Kayne. | 早上好 Kayne先生 |
[27:47] | Should I call someone? | 我该给什么人打电话吗 |
[27:49] | We’ll send our best man. | 我们会派最好的人去的 |
[27:54] | Enjoy your lunch, Mr Kayne. | 祝您午餐愉快 Kayne先生 |
[28:10] | ?? | 你好 |
[28:11] | They said to take this upto Kayne Holdings? | 他们告诉我这东西是Kayne集团的? |
[28:21] | Send him up. | 让他上来 |
[28:22] | It’s here! | 已经到了 |
[28:24] | Fifth floor. | 5楼 |
[28:25] | Fifth floor, cheers. | 5楼 多谢 |
[28:41] | Dennis, it’s fourth floor. | Dennis 4楼 |
[28:42] | I’ve got an interview with Kayne Holdings in about… | 我今天来Kayne集团面试的 |
[28:46] | five minutes. ?? Could I just use your bathroom? | 还有5分钟就开始了 我能用下洗手间吗 |
[28:48] | ?? Bit nervous. ?? | 我有点紧张 |
[28:49] | Sure. Through to the left. | 没事 前面左转 |
[28:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:02] | I have a 1:20 dental appointment. | 我1点20分有个牙医预约 |
[29:12] | Troy McCabe? | |
[29:14] | Speaking. | 请讲 |
[29:14] | Flat 2, 194 Cumberland Grove? | Cumberland Grove街194号 2号公寓吗 |
[29:17] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[29:18] | ‘Fraid there’s been a small blaze at that address, sir. | 我得到通知 您这里着火了 先生 |
[29:20] | ?? Seems someone left a lit candle unattended… | 有人点上蜡烛又没管它 引起了火灾 |
[29:22] | Oh, my God. | 我的天那 |
[29:23] | Don’t alarm yourself. We got it under control. | 不要太惊慌 情况已经得到控制 |
[29:25] | Most of the damage was to ?? | 最主要的损失 |
[29:27] | what appear to be interior design magazines. | 就是一些内部装饰杂志 |
[29:32] | The Elle Decos. .. | 我的”家居廊”杂志 |
[29:36] | Take over. | 你管一下这 |
[29:38] | So, come down… | 请别惊慌 |
[30:25] | Oh, hello, Mr Kayne. | 喔 你好 Kayne先生 |
[30:27] | No, Troy had to step out for a moment I’m afraid. | 不好意思 Troy出去了一下 |
[30:30] | Something about his house burning down? | 好像他家的房子着火了 |
[30:33] | You’re coming back? | 您要回来吗 |
[30:36] | That soon? | 这么快 |
[30:47] | Certainly, Mr Kayne. I’ll go and greet them, shall I? | 当然 Kayne先生 我现在就去迎接他们 好吗 |
[31:09] | Out by two, remember? | 2点的时候出去 记住了吗 |
[31:11] | I’ll bear that in mind. | 我会牢记的 |
[31:19] | Ms Christie. | Christie女士 |
[31:20] | So pleased we could do this. | 很高兴我们能这样做 |
[31:21] | May I introduce Georgia Kayne, jj’s wife. | 请允许我介绍Georgia Kayne JJ的妻子 |
[31:24] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[31:26] | – Pleasure. – Shall we go up? | – 很荣幸 – 我们能上楼了吗 |
[31:33] | jj was so eager to meet with you that he cancelled lunch. | JJ很期待与您的会面 他甚至取消了午餐 |
[31:35] | That’s unheard of. | 这可是闻所未闻的 |
[31:38] | Alex said you made an excellent first impression. | Alex说对你的第一印象非常棒 |
[31:40] | Everything goes through Alex. | Alex经手一切 |
[31:50] | Valentine’s day, 2006. | 2006年的情人节 |
[31:54] | – Happiest day of my life. – How did you two meet? | – 我一生中最快乐的时刻 – 你们是怎么相遇的? |
[31:56] | Alex introduced us. | Alex介绍我们相识的 |
[31:58] | It was love at first sight. | 我俩一见钟情 |
[32:00] | Charming story. | 多感人啊 |
[32:01] | – Isn’t she precious? – Utterly. | – 她是不是个尤物哦 – 绝对的 |
[32:04] | – You should see her in a swimsuit! – 0h. JJ! | – 你应该看看她穿泳装的样子 – 哦 JJ |
[32:06] | Oh, come on. Miss Christie’s not the shockable type. | 拜托 Christie小姐可不是容易被唬住的主 |
[32:09] | – Are you, Miss Christie? – Not at all. | – 是不是的 Christie小姐? – 当然不是 |
[32:11] | Perhaps we should get straight down to business. | 我们应该谈谈正事了吧 |
[32:15] | Well, for Kayne Holdings, in the coming financial year. .. | 对于Kayne集团 在接下来的财政年度 |
[32:19] | May I share with you the secret of my success, Miss Christie? | 我能和你分享我成功的秘密吗 Christie小姐 |
[32:23] | – Cut to the chase? – jj… | – 开门见山的? |
[32:25] | Alex, it’s all right, I’ve got a feeling about this one. | Alex 没问题的 我对这个有信心 |
[32:29] | Kayne Holdings has got a big development in the pipeline. | Kayne集团在筹划一个大手笔 |
[32:34] | Nothing for you to concern yourself with, you understand? | 这不是你所要关心的 明白吗 |
[32:37] | In order to finance this development we need money. | 为了给这笔投资 我们需要钱 |
[32:42] | That’s where you come in, Miss Christie. | 这就是为什么你来了 Christie小姐 |
[32:44] | I’m selling land to raise capital. Lots of it. | 我通过出售土地来集资 大量的土地 |
[32:49] | But there’s this one site I don’t like. | 但是有一处我不喜欢 |
[32:52] | It gives me nightmares. | 是我的梦魇 |
[32:54] | Somebody put a little warehouse on it. | 有些人在上面盖仓库 |
[32:56] | It’s a listed building. | 这是一幢进了注册的保护建筑 |
[32:58] | Means you can’t knock it down and realise the full value ofthe land. | 也就意味着你不能把它推倒 完全释放土地应有的价值 |
[33:03] | Maybe we could make this listing go away, Miss Christie? | 也许我们可以把注册去掉 Christie小姐? |
[33:08] | JJ. as your lawyer l’m advising extreme caution… | JJ 作为你的律师我建议你非常小心… |
[33:11] | Applications on de-listings | 去除注册申请 |
[33:13] | are considered on their social and economic merits. | 是根据他们的社会和经济价值来考虑的 |
[33:18] | I see. | 是这样啊 |
[33:19] | Suppose somebody put ?? into your personal account. | 假如有人把五万英镑放入你的帐户 |
[33:25] | Would that rate as economic merit? | 这样可有经济价值? |
[33:29] | If you’d like to make a legitimate case for a de-listing | 如果你想合法除注册的话 |
[33:34] | I recommend you use the legitimate route, | 我建议你走合法程序 |
[33:36] | – Mr Kayne. – I warned you. | – Kayne先生 – 我警告过你了 |
[33:38] | In the circumstances, | 即然这样 |
[33:39] | I think it inappropriate for me to pursue this conversation. | 我觉得再谈下去就不合时宜了 |
[33:43] | Well, don’t rush off. You just got here. | 不要急着走啊 你才来的 |
[33:45] | We’re so sorry. | 真不好意思 |
[33:46] | If you change your mind, you’ve got Alex’s number. | 如果你改变主意了 你有Alex的号码 |
[33:49] | just give us a call. | 给我们打电话 |
[33:59] | So, what do you think? | 那么 你们怎么想 |
[34:01] | I think Ash is right. She’s very good at covering her tracks. | 我想Ash说的对 她很善于掩盖自己的狐狸尾巴 |
[34:07] | Or we’re barking up the wrong tree | 或者我们根本就弄错了 |
[34:09] | and Christie’s straight after all. | Christie是个正经人 |
[34:16] | Alex Cooper. | |
[34:18] | I’d like to speak to Mr Kayne, please, | 请让Kayne先生接电话 |
[34:20] | about a warehouse that’s giving him problems. | 我想谈谈让他头疼的仓库的事情 |
[34:24] | Or not. | 也许不是 |
[34:28] | His name was jonas Proctor, | 他叫Jonas Proctor |
[34:31] | and he very kindly offered to buy my warehouse. | 他很好心主动说要买我的仓库 |
[34:38] | 0f course. 0f course! | 当然 当然 |
[34:40] | jonas Proctor, high-flying property speculator. | Jonas Proctor 野心勃勃的房产投机商 |
[34:43] | Doesn’t look very high-flying to me. | 看起来不像有野心的样子 |
[34:45] | Still, he’s got a nose for a lucrative investment. | 但是 他对有利的投资还是比较敏感的 |
[34:48] | Ask me that question again. | 再问我一遍那个问题 |
[34:52] | ‘How does Christie get her bungs from developers?’ | Christie怎么从开发商那里得到利润的 |
[34:55] | How does Christie get her bungs? | Christie怎么得到利润? |
[34:56] | Legitimate business. | 合法生意 |
[34:58] | Proctor offered to buy Kayne’s warehouse for 100 grand, right? | Proctor出价十万买Kayne的仓库 是吧 |
[35:00] | That’s what he said. | 他是这么说的 |
[35:01] | With an option for Kayne to buy back | 如果仓库除注册了 |
[35:03] | at 50% mark up in the event ofthe warehouse being de-listed. | 再提价50%让Kayne买回去 |
[35:06] | Right. | 就是的 |
[35:07] | That’s how she does it. | 她就是这样赚钱的 |
[35:08] | – Right, so…? – So this jonas bloke is Christie’s front. | -嗯 那么 -那么这位Jonas老兄就是Christie的幌子 |
[35:13] | Say Christie’s out with one of her property developer friends. | 比如Christie和她的一位房地产开发商朋友在一起 |
[35:17] | Developer has a horrible building he wants de-listed. | 开发商有处不好的房子他想除注册 |
[35:20] | Christie says she’ll look into the regeneration potential. | Christie会说她要调查一下重建的潜力 |
[35:24] | Nothing indiscrete.Keeps her hands clean. | 这是正常的 表面她不会卷进去 |
[35:25] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[35:28] | Next thing you know, this guy shows up. | 下面你们知道的 这个家伙出现了 |
[35:31] | jonas Proctor? | |
[35:35] | In one. | 两人合为一体 |
[35:36] | jonas says, ‘I believe you’re the owner of ‘a horrible listed building?’ | Jonas说 你是不是有幢注册的保护建筑 |
[35:39] | jonas offers him a few hundred K for it. | Jonas花几十万买这幢房子 |
[35:41] | Now, everyone knows that it was Christie who gave jonas the nod, | 现在 每个人都知道是Christie给Jonas开了绿灯 |
[35:45] | but she’s long gone. | 但是她却已经躲的远远的 |
[35:47] | There’s nothing to tie her to the deal. This is the good bit. | 没有证据表明她参与了交易 这是赚钱的地方 |
[35:51] | All the offers to buy come with an option to buy back | 所有的卖家当房屋除注册以后 |
[35:53] | at a 50% mark up if and when the building’s de-listed. | 都要以50%的加价买回去 |
[35:56] | Christie knows she can get the de-listing. | Christie清楚自己能让它们除注册 |
[35:59] | When it goes through, developer buys it back. | 搞定之后 开发商再买回去 |
[36:02] | Now there’s no listed building on it, the site’s worth millions. | 现在那儿没有注册的保护建筑了 可以值上百万了 |
[36:06] | The 50% is Christie and Proctor’s payment? | 那50%的加价就是Christie和Proctor的报酬? |
[36:09] | That’s how she gets her bungs. | 她就是这样得到利润的 |
[36:10] | Case in point, guess who the current owner ofthe Pulse is? | 据个例子 猜猜The Pulse现在的主人是谁 |
[36:14] | Proctor? | Proctor吗 |
[36:15] | Yeah. Christie’s office has de-listed 70 buildings in the last six months. | 答对了 Christie的办公室 在过去六个月除牌了70幢建筑 |
[36:19] | Some, perfectly legit. | 有些是非常合法的 |
[36:20] | But eight of them belonged to jonas Proctor. | 但是其中的八幢属于Jonas Proctor |
[36:24] | Each for no more than three months. | 每幢的持有时间都不超过三个月 |
[36:27] | So far, he’s sold on seven after de-listing. Netting… | 迄今为止 在除牌之后他卖出了七幢 赚了… |
[36:33] | A lot. | 一大笔 |
[36:33] | If jonas is keen to buy, we should sell. | 那如果Jonas非常想买 我们就卖 |
[36:37] | Told you there was a con in it. Easy money. | 跟你说了里面有诈 很好赚的钱 |
[36:43] | Mr Proctor? jj Kayne. | Proctor先生吗 我是JJ Kayne |
[36:46] | Look, I’d like to take you up on your little offer. | 嗯 我愿意接受你的邀请 |
[36:48] | Candy from a baby… | 夺孩子的糖那般轻而易举 |
[36:50] | And now you’re going to explain to me how all this saves the Pulse? | 你们现在可以跟我解释一下 怎么拯救The Pulse了吧 |
[37:02] | Where the hell have you been? | 你跑到了哪去了 |
[37:05] | I’ve got less than 24 hours and my legal team goes AWOL. | 还有不到24个小时 我法律团队就要擅离职守了 |
[37:07] | Yeah. We meant to phone, but this is our busiest time of year. | 我知道 我想给你电话的 但现在是我们一年中最忙的时间 |
[37:10] | Listen, I’ve got a little project I wanna talk to you about. | 听着 我有点事情想跟你说 |
[37:23] | So, what do you think? | 那么 你怎么看? |
[37:24] | That’s your plan? | 这就是你的计划吗 |
[37:25] | I reckon you’ll see results. | 我认为你会知道结果的 |
[37:27] | No land searches, or title deeds, any of that stuff? | 不需要探查一下地面 看看地契 诸如此类的吗 |
[37:30] | I’m more your hands-on sort of lawyer, you know? | 我是那种喜欢从实际出发的律师 知道吗 |
[37:38] | What makes you think I’m going to let you put my kids on a chain gang? | 你凭什么认为我会让我的孩子做苦工 |
[37:41] | You never know, might make a nice change from yoga and poetry. | 你不知道 该从瑜伽和诗歌里换换脑子了 |
[37:47] | Come on, what you frightened of? | 快点了 你们在怕什么 |
[37:49] | They’re shovels, they won’t bite. | 这是铁锹 它们不咬人的 |
[37:52] | You don’t seem like a very conventional lawyer to me? | 你看起来不像是个传统的律师 |
[37:55] | No, that’s me. | 不 这就是我 |
[37:57] | Unconventional. | 不按套路出牌 |
[37:58] | Where was it you studied again? | 你再说下你再哪上学的? |
[38:00] | – What, law? – Mmm. | -什么 学法律的吗 -嗯 |
[38:03] | Oh, you know… | 这个 你知道的 |
[38:08] | – University of life. – I knew it. | – 家里蹲大学 – 我就知道 |
[38:10] | Formerly known as the Polytechnic of Hard Knocks. | 曾经也叫艰难锤炼的人生理工大学 |
[38:13] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信这个 |
[38:14] | I’ve got one day to save this centre, and my lawyers aren’t even lawyers. | 我只有一天来拯救这个中心 我的律师甚至都不是律师 |
[38:18] | What am I going to tell these kids? | 我怎么跟这些孩子们说? |
[38:19] | Tell them you went down the official route, it didn’t work. | 跟他们说你是想走法律道路的 但是行不通 |
[38:22] | Maybe you should tell them that’s life. | 或许你该告诉他们这就是生活 |
[38:24] | And while you’re at it, | 趁你现在还在这儿 |
[38:26] | maybe you should tell them to pick up a shovel. | 告诉他们把铁锹拿起来 |
[38:35] | So kind of you to agree to meet with me again, Miss Christie. | 能再见我真是太好了 Christie小姐 |
[38:38] | I hope you forgave my earlier blunt approach. | 希望你原谅我之前的过于直接 |
[38:42] | The Minister agreed with my assessment. | 部长同意我的评估 |
[38:43] | The warehouse site’s a good candidate for fast-tracking. | 那个仓库的地址是值得快速跟进的 |
[38:45] | You can clear the site and start rebuilding within six months. | 你可以在六个月之内清空那里开始重建 |
[38:48] | I commend your efficiency. | 我很欣赏你的效率 |
[38:50] | I’m sure the project will offer extensive benefits to the community. | 我确信这项工程能为社会创造大量福利 |
[38:55] | Why haven’t you come to me about City Side? | 为什么你不跟我说说City Side呢 |
[38:59] | That’s your ‘larger scale project’. | 那是你的大工程 |
[39:01] | You’ve seen what I can do. | 你已经看到我的能力了 |
[39:03] | I can de-list anything on the site. | 我可以除掉所有保护建筑的注册 |
[39:05] | We already have some commitments on that score. | 那问题上我们已经委托过人了 |
[39:08] | From Hugh Cannon? | 从Hugh Cannon那吗 |
[39:09] | We thought it was wisest to speak to Mr Cannon, | 自从他跟我说 |
[39:11] | since he may be assuming your responsibilities | 可能不久的将来他将接替你的职位 |
[39:13] | in the not too distant future. | 我们认为和Cannon先生谈话是最明智的 |
[39:16] | What if I told you | 那如果我告诉你 |
[39:17] | I could get every listed building on that site de-listed within a month? | 我可以让那块地上所有已注册的建筑 在一个月之内去除注册呢 |
[39:22] | I’d prevail upon you not to. | 我劝你不要这样做 |
[39:24] | I’m so sorry if you read too much into our arrangement. | 如果我让你在我们的协定中牵涉过多 我深表歉意 |
[39:29] | Time to say goodbye. My six o’clock. | 是时候说再见了 看我的正前方 |
[39:35] | You may want to take your leave, Ma’am. | 你现在可以走了 女士 |
[39:42] | jonas. | |
[39:44] | I understand you want to buy an old warehouse, right? | 我知道你想要买一间旧仓库 是吧 |
[39:48] | ??? | 十万英镑啊 |
[39:52] | – Nice grift. – Beautifully planned. | -骗得好 -精心策划 |
[39:54] | And ably executed. | 巧妙执行 |
[39:56] | We should probably cash that. | 我们最好现在就提现 |
[39:57] | We close the account in an hour. | 我们在一个小时之内把帐户关闭 |
[40:00] | Phase one, complete. | 第一阶段 完工 |
[40:01] | Nice lawyer, by the way. | 顺便说下 律师演的不错哦 |
[40:03] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[40:04] | Nice younger wife temporarily trapped in a loveless marriage of convenience. | 年轻貌美的娇妻暂时困在无爱的功利围城里 |
[40:08] | I thought so. | |
[40:11] | You know that, erm, that dinner we talked about? | 是啊 你知道的 嗯 我们之前说过的晚餐? |
[40:16] | Vaguely. .. | 有点印象吧 |
[40:19] | How does tonight sound? | 今晚怎么样 |
[40:25] | Tell you what, Ed, ifl never see another politician again, | 这么说吧 Ed 我很快就看不到 |
[40:27] | – it’ll be too soon. – Right. | – 那些搞政治的了 – 这样啊 |
[40:29] | Feelings of job dissatisfaction, eh? | 觉得工作不满意 是吧 |
[40:31] | I see that a lot. | 这我可见多了 |
[40:37] | This feels strange. | 感觉很怪 |
[40:44] | I think we’ve waited long enough, don’t you? | 我觉得我们等的够久了 不是吗 |
[40:47] | I suppose. | 大概吧 |
[40:56] | Some excellent work coming out of your office, Rhona. | Rhona 你的部门工作做的很棒 |
[40:59] | And it’s notjust me saying that. | 而且不仅仅是我这样说 |
[41:01] | The right people are noticing your efforts in this. | 很多人都看到你努力的结果了 |
[41:05] | How gratifying. | 多让人满意啊 |
[41:07] | It’s so exciting to finally be getting our message across on | 真高兴我们对市中心重建工作的情况 |
[41:11] | regeneration as the way forward for our inner cities. | 他们最终还是领会意思了 |
[41:16] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[41:17] | Would you excuse me for a moment, Minister? | 部长 可以让我离开一下吗 |
[41:21] | I’ve just seen a constituent I should greet. | 我看到一位选民 我要去问候一下 |
[41:36] | Rhona Christie’s assistant. | Rhona Christie的助理 |
[41:38] | I’m in the restaurant with the Minister. | 我现在和部长在饭店 |
[41:40] | Get a camera down here now. | 赶快带一台照相机过来 |
[41:58] | Over here. | 在这里 |
[42:02] | Looks like Uncle jj’s trophy wife just stepped out of the trophy cabinet. | 看来JJ叔叔的娇妻红杏出墙了 |
[42:07] | You don’t think they’re. . . ? | 你难道觉得他们在… |
[42:09] | Hammer and tongs. Look at them, all over each other. | 全力以赴的 看看他们 多专情啊 |
[42:52] | Looks like it’s going to be a productive night. | 看来他俩今晚是妙趣横生啊 |
[42:56] | Get these printed out, and bring them back to me here. | 把这些洗出来 再带回给我 (到我的办公室来一趟 Rhona Christie ) |
[43:29] | Nice evening? | 难忘今宵? |
[43:30] | Yeah, not bad. | 是的 还不错哦 |
[43:33] | I found these, reckon someone else has seen them and all. | 我找到了这些 估计有人已经都看过了 |
[43:37] | – Where’s Sean? – I dunno. Not in his room. | – Sean在哪 – 我不知道 他不在房间 |
[43:40] | Not answering his phone, either. | 他也不接电话 |
[43:44] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[43:53] | Sean, listen. | Sean 听着 |
[43:55] | I don’t want to hear it. | 我根本不想听 |
[43:56] | If you don’t need me any more then fine, I’m gone. | 如果你不需要我 可以啊 我现在就走 |
[43:58] | – Let us explain. – You made me a promise and you lied. | – 让我们解释 – 都不要跟我说话 你答应我的 你竟然食言 |
[44:01] | Wait. | 等等 |
[44:02] | What happened to us looking out for each other? | 不是说好了我们互相照顾的吗 |
[44:04] | What happened to that? | 现在怎么了 |
[44:06] | – You didn’t even tell me. – Sean. | – 你甚至都没有跟我提过 |
[44:07] | There is nothing between me and Mickey. | 我和Mickey什么都没有发生 |
[44:10] | That was Georgia and Alex. | 你看到的是Georgia和Alex |
[44:12] | – Yeah, right. – It was part ofthe con. | – 哦 是吗 – 那是骗局的一部分 |
[44:13] | You’re out with your new boyfriend, | 你和你的新男友出去约会 |
[44:16] | celebrating how clever you are, | 显示你多么聪明 |
[44:17] | meanwhile the woman we’ve just stung is sitting three tables away. | 同时我们盯着的那个女的就坐在离我们三个桌子的地方 |
[44:20] | Not so clever any more are you? | 聪明反被聪明误了吧 |
[44:23] | Sean, she’s wearing a ring. | Sean 她戴着戒指 |
[44:27] | – What? – Emma is wearing Georgia’s wedding ring. | -什么 -Emma戴着Georgia的结婚戒指 |
[44:29] | She’s in character. | 她在演戏 |
[44:34] | Details. | 详细点 |
[44:35] | You weren’t supposed to be there. | 你不该出现的 |
[44:37] | It was for Christie to see. | 这只是做给Christie看的 |
[44:38] | We knew she was a hard taskmaster. | 我们知道她是个严苛的监工 |
[44:40] | We didn’t think she’d call you to bring her a camera. | 但没有想到她会打电话让你把照相机带来 |
[44:43] | No, the con was over. | 不可能 骗局已经结束了 |
[44:47] | She’d already got that jonas guy to give us the hundred thousand. | 她已经让那个叫Jonas的家伙给了我们十万了 |
[44:49] | We’d got our money, | 我们钱已经到手 |
[44:51] | but we had to think of a way to save the youth club. | 但是我们要想法子拯救那个青年俱乐部啊 |
[44:54] | Candy from a baby. | 轻而易举 |
[44:56] | Now you’re going to explain to me how all of this helps the Pulse. | 现在你要告诉我这一切怎么能拯救The Pulse |
[45:04] | It d0esn’t. | 到现在为止不能 |
[45:06] | Look, Sean, the con showed us how she operates. | 听着 Sean 这场骗局只是告诉我们她怎么操作的 |
[45:09] | But we needed a new plan that | 但是我们要个新的计划 |
[45:12] | would make Christie incriminate herself. | 让Christie自己牵连进来 |
[45:17] | – Power – What? | – 强大的力量 – 什么 |
[45:18] | That’s what Christie wants. That’s what we give her. | 这就是Christie想要的 也就是我们要给她的 |
[45:20] | Makes her think she’s in control. | 让她觉得她掌控了一切 |
[45:21] | It’s the only way she’s gonna drop her guard. | 这是让她丧失警惕的唯一办法 |
[45:24] | – How are we going to do that? – Bait. | – 我们怎么能做到呢 – 用诱饵 |
[45:27] | You and I have to convince Christie that we are involved. | 我们要让Christie发现我俩有一腿 |
[45:30] | Gives her leverage. | 这会给她强大的力量 |
[45:31] | And with that feeling of power, | 通过这种感觉 |
[45:32] | she will incriminate herself and we will use that to save the Pulse. | 她会把自己牵连进来 这样我们就能拯救The Pulse了 |
[45:37] | Where will Christie be tonight? | Christie今晚会在哪儿呢 |
[45:50] | Hello, yes, I’d like to make a reservation. | 你好 是的 Alex Cooper想要 |
[45:52] | Table for two, 7:30pm this evening, | 预定两个人的位子 |
[45:55] | under the name of Alex Cooper. | 今晚七点半 |
[45:57] | When she saw Georgia and Alex together, | 当她看见Georgia和Alex在一起 |
[45:59] | she felt that she had one over on us. | 她会觉得她赢了一手 |
[46:03] | This feels strange. | 感觉很怪 |
[46:10] | I think we’ve waited long enough, don’t you? | 我觉得我们等的够久了 不是吗 |
[46:13] | I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[46:22] | Did she see? | 她看到了吗 |
[46:24] | – No. – For G0d’s sake. | – 没有 – 天啊 |
[46:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[46:32] | She had Georgia and Alex exactly where she wanted them. | 在Georgia和Alex需要她看到的时候 她看到了他们 |
[46:34] | It was part ofthe con? | 这是骗局的一部分吗 |
[46:36] | It was part ofthe con. | 这是骗局的一部分 |
[46:39] | You and Mickey were bait? | 你和Mickey在就是诱饵? |
[46:41] | Yes. Sean, it was horrible. | 是的 Sean 这太糟糕了 |
[46:51] | – So nothing actually…? – God, no. Don’t be absurd! | – 那么没有什么实际的… – 天啊 当然没有 不要傻了 |
[46:53] | No, nothing! | 没有 绝对没有 |
[47:01] | Macadamia? | 澳大利亚坚果? |
[47:09] | Sean, y0u’ve made such an issue of me spending time with your sister. | Sean 我和你姐在一起 你看的太重了 |
[47:12] | You can be quite arsey, Sean. | 这太不好了 Sean |
[47:13] | Yeah, it’s scary. | 是的 有点可怕 |
[47:15] | It could jeopardise the con. | 可能会把我们的骗局搞砸 |
[47:17] | It was to get Christie. | 这只是给Christie下圈套 |
[47:19] | Well, now that that’s completely cleared up… | 嗯 现在一切都明了了 |
[47:21] | Mmm-hmm. For ever. | 嗯 是的 |
[47:23] | By the way, | 顺便说下 |
[47:25] | today’s not your last day in Christie’s office. | 今天不是你在Christie办公室的最后一天 |
[47:27] | 0h, what? | 啊 什么 |
[47:29] | Bulldozers are still due at 9:30. | 推土机还是定在九点半到 |
[47:31] | Could be worse – | 可能更糟糕的是 |
[47:33] | he could be shagging your sister! | 他也可能和你姐姐来电哦 |
[48:01] | Still can’t believe I thought you two were… | 还是不能相信 我以为你们俩… |
[48:08] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[48:10] | I thought we’d be more comfortable meeting here – | 我们在这儿见面会更方便 |
[48:13] | away from jj. | 远离JJ |
[48:18] | HE can COITIE Up NOW. | 他现在能上来了 |
[48:28] | Seems like everything really does go through Alex! | 看来Alex的确经手一切啊 |
[48:35] | These photographs… | 这些照片 |
[48:39] | could killjj. | 会杀了JJ的 |
[48:41] | Though probably not before he made some amendments to his will. | 但是他会修改他的遗嘱 |
[48:48] | And I don’t suppose they’d play very well | 而且我猜在离婚法庭上 |
[48:50] | in the divorce courts either. | 他们也不会有什么好脸色的 |
[49:00] | And I can’t imagine what they’d do to your reputation as a personal lawyer. | 我也不敢想象 这对你这个私人律师的名誉有多大影响 |
[49:11] | All right, OK. What do you want? | 好吧 你行 你想要什么 |
[49:14] | – Money? – I do want money. | – 钱吗 – 我当然要钱 |
[49:17] | Once the City Side development goes ahead, it’ll be worth millions. | 一旦City Side开工 将会值上百万 |
[49:21] | What I’m asking for is quite modest in comparison – 500,000. | 我想要的只是小小的一份 五十万 |
[49:26] | There is no way we can give you、 that amount of money, not without jj noticing. | 我们没有办法在给你这么多钱 又不引起JJ注意 |
[49:30] | I think you do a lot without jj noticing. | 我觉得你们干了许多事情JJ都不知道啊 |
[49:32] | We’d have to account for it. | 我们要解释原因的 |
[49:35] | Sell me a plot on the edge ofthe site. Say, 50,000. | 卖给我那周边的一块地皮 嗯 五万吧 |
[49:39] | After Hugh Cannon’s de-listed it, | 等到Hugh Cannon除注册之后 |
[49:41] | you buy it back for 600. | 你以60万的价格买回去 |
[49:43] | Ifjj asks, tell him it was an oversight. | 如果JJ问起 就说这是疏忽 |
[49:47] | There was a small leaseholder someone forgot to buy out. | 那有个小的承租人我们忘记买下来了 |
[49:51] | Wait! | 等等 |
[49:52] | 50,000 in exchange for 600,0002 There’s no way… | 五万换六十万 这根本不… |
[49:55] | What about this situation gives you | 在这种情况下 |
[49:57] | the impression you’re in a position to negotiate? | 你凭什么觉得你还有协商的余地? |
[50:02] | OK. . . | 好吧 |
[50:05] | say we did sell you a plot of land… | 假如我们卖给你一块地 |
[50:10] | You’re an MP – | 你可是个议员 |
[50:12] | you can’t be seen to be mixed up in this kind of thing. | 你可不能被发现和这种事情搅在一起 |
[50:13] | You’re not actually thinking of letting her do this? | 你不是真的要让她这样做吧 |
[50:15] | I don’t think we have a choice! | 我们没的选择 |
[50:17] | No! | Alex 不行 |
[50:18] | If jj sees those photos, it’s over! | 如果JJ看到这些照片 就全完了 |
[50:22] | So, tell me, | 那么 告诉我 |
[50:23] | how do you give us that money without it being traceable to you? | 你怎么能既给我们钱又不会引火上身? |
[50:28] | Same way I always do. | 还是老办法 |
[50:38] | jonas wants to give you a bank draft of ?? | Jonas给你一张五万英镑的银行汇票 |
[50:43] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[50:44] | He works for me, stupid. | 他为我工作的 弱智 |
[50:46] | I tell jonas what to buy. | 我告诉Jonas买什么 |
[50:48] | I de-list it. He sells it. | 我除掉注册 他转手卖 |
[50:51] | We split the profits, 80-20. | 利润我们二八开 |
[50:54] | She just called me stupid! | 她刚才说我弱智 |
[50:56] | I know, I know. You should really tell your brother. | 我知道 我知道 你真应该告诉你弟弟 |
[50:59] | Your brother? | 你弟弟? |
[51:02] | Get out! This meeting’s private. | 滚出去 这是私人会议 |
[51:06] | He works for me, stupid. I tell jonas what to buy. | 他为我工作 弱者 我告诉Jonas买什么 |
[51:09] | ‘I de-list it. He sells. | 我除注册 他转手卖 |
[51:11] | ‘We split the profits, 80-20.’ | 利润我们二八开 |
[51:16] | You shouldn’t talk about my sister like that. | 你不应该这样跟我姐姐说话 |
[51:19] | Or confess to high-level corruption on tape. | 或是把这种严重腐败的事在录音带上坦白 |
[51:25] | You bugged my office. | 你窃听了我的办公室? |
[51:42] | Well, I told you I was proactive. | 是啊 我说过我是很有前瞻性的哦 |
[51:53] | Twenty five past. | 二十五分钟过去了 |
[51:55] | You sure this is going to work? | 你确定这招管用吗 |
[51:57] | Works every time. | 百试不爽 |
[52:01] | Think it’ll work? | 你觉得可行吗 |
[52:02] | I don’t know.It was your idea. | 我哪知道 这是你的主意 |
[52:09] | You can’t blackmail me with any of this. | 你不能用这些来威胁我 |
[52:12] | Bugging an MP’s office, | 窃听议员的办公室 |
[52:15] | offering bribes to an elected official. | 贿赂参与选举的行政官员 |
[52:17] | IF I go down, you do, too. | 我要倒霉也要拉你们下水 |
[52:22] | Yes. Probably. | 是的 也许吧 |
[52:25] | But the question you should be asking yourself is, | 但是你要问问你自己 |
[52:29] | are we willing to run that risk in order to do the right thing? | 我们为了做正确的事值得冒这么大风险吗 |
[52:33] | That’s called conviction politics. | 这可是信仰政治 |
[52:43] | Let’s do it. | 我们开工吧 |
[52:47] | What do you want? | 你们想要什么 |
[52:48] | We want a property you told jonas to buy – The Pulse. | 我们想要一处你让Jonas买的房产The Pulse |
[52:53] | We’d like that, please. | 我们想要那个 谢谢 |
[52:55] | I’m afraid you’re too late. | 恐怕已经太迟了 |
[52:57] | The bulldozers go in at half past nine. | 推土机九点半就开工了 |
[52:59] | We may have bought a little extra time there. | 我们拖延了一点时间 |
[53:12] | Good lord! | 老天爷啊 |
[53:14] | A Natterjack toad! | 一只黄条蟾蜍 |
[53:16] | I’m almost certain that’s a protected species. | 我很肯定那是保护的物种 |
[53:18] | Yes. Excuse me! | 是的 打扰一下 |
[53:20] | The 1994 Conservation Regulations make it an offence to kill, | 1994年的保护法说明 |
[53:24] | capture or disturb a protected species. | 杀害 逮捕 打扰保护物种是违法的 |
[53:28] | Ithink. | 我想是的 |
[53:30] | Look, Miss Christie. | 听着 Christie小姐 |
[53:32] | My guess is you didn’t go into politics to steal from your constituents. | 我猜你入政界不是为了从你的选民那偷钱的 |
[53:36] | Might be that at some point you even wanted to help them. | 也许在某种程度上来说你甚至想帮他们 |
[53:39] | If you can remember that far back. | 如果你还记得话 |
[53:42] | So we would like to offer you | 所以我们愿意给你提供 |
[53:45] | a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. | 一次千载难逢的机会 |
[53:50] | It’s also an offence to damage or destroy | 而且破坏或者摧毁这些动物 |
[53:53] | the breeding site or resting ground of such an animal. | 繁殖 冬眠的地方 也是违法的 |
[53:56] | Can’t imagine where their breeding grounds might be. | 不能想象它们的繁殖区会变成怎样 |
[54:09] | Stop the work! | 停工 |
[54:10] | Release the vehicles. | 把车开走 |
[54:12] | It worked. | 这招有用 |
[54:14] | I can’t believe it worked! | 真不敢相信这招奏效了 |
[54:17] | Don’t let it overflow. | 不要让它溢出来 |
[54:19] | Sam, watch it with that fork, yeah! | Sam 拿叉的时候小心一点 |
[54:21] | Lennie, here are the frogs. | Lennie 这就是青蛙 |
[54:24] | They’re not frogs, they’re toads. | 它们可不是青蛙 它们是蟾蜍 |
[54:28] | Don’t worry. We’ll think of something. | 不要担心 我们会想办法的 |
[54:35] | You thinking what I’m thinking? | 你想的是不是和我想的一样? |
[54:38] | Only if you’re thinking, | 除非你也想 |
[54:38] | let’s buy extra time by borrowing some endangered frogs | 找我的朋友Miriam借几只濒危的青蛙 |
[54:42] | from my friend Miriam. | 来拖延时间 |
[54:47] | Now, what can I do for you? | 现在 我能帮你什么忙 |
[54:49] | I’m looking for some frogs. | 我在找几只青蛙 |
[54:51] | No frogs here. | 这没有青蛙 |
[54:53] | Got some toads if you’d like. | 不过你喜欢的话这有蟾蜍 |
[55:01] | The old toad-breeding scam, eh? | 还是那个旧的蟾蜍繁殖花招 是吧 |
[55:09] | All right, guys? | 好了吗 伙计们 |
[55:11] | Watch out for the frogs. Don’t step on the frogs. | 小心青蛙 不要踩着青蛙 |
[55:15] | Toads! Don’t step on the toads. | 是蟾蜍 不要踩着蟾蜍 |
[55:21] | Right. | 好吧 |
[55:23] | Let’s do this. | 动手吧 |
[55:27] | OK. | 好了 |
[55:30] | My government is committed to fostering a business | 我的政府承诺 |
[55:33] | culture grounded in community responsibility. | 促进经济和社会责任两手都要抓 |
[55:36] | The Prime Minister, you may remember, | 我们的首相 大家都知道 |
[55:38] | has spoken about the need to revive a tradition of philanthropy in this country. | 说过需要在全社会恢复慈善事业的传统 |
[55:42] | And that’s why it’s so gratifying | 这就是为什么我十分高兴的宣布 |
[55:44] | to be able to announce the gifting of this fine centre | 这片Jonas Proctor名下的中心地盘 |
[55:48] | by jonas Proctor to the community. | 将赠给社区 |
[55:55] | We just got our club back! | 我们的俱乐部又回来了 |
[55:59] | Guys, thanks. | 兄弟们 太谢谢了 |
[56:02] | What do I owe you? | 我怎么感谢你们? |
[56:04] | We’ve, um… | 我们 嗯… |
[56:06] | We’ve covered our costs on this one. | 我们的费用已经算清了 |
[56:09] | ?? | 十万英镑啊 |
[56:12] | Nice grift! | 骗的好啊 |
[56:16] | Once again, guys, thanks. | 再一次的感谢你们 伙计们 |
[56:18] | Looks like you might be able to start those yoga lessons now. | 看来你现在可以开始那些瑜伽课了 |
[56:22] | What happened to short sharp shocks, Ash? | 那个快速 短暂 准确并且出奇不意的打击呢 Ash |
[56:24] | Bollocks! | 胡说 |
[56:25] | Are you becoming a do-gooding liberal? | 你是不是也要成为那些有用的自由主义者了 |
[56:27] | I’m not saying anything without a lawyer present. | 没有律师在场 我什么都不会说的 |
[56:29] | Mickey told me what you said. | Mickey告诉我你说的话 |
[56:31] | Are you still looking out for your big sister? | 你还在保护你的大姐呢 |
[56:33] | Yeah, I am. | 是的 我是 |
[56:36] | I was thinking, about this fake affair. | 我只是想问问 这次假的偷情 |
[56:43] | Out of curiosity, whose idea was it? | 出于好奇 是谁的主意啊 |
[56:44] | Tricky actually to remember exactly who… | 这样复杂就是为了记得到底是谁… |
[56:46] | Brainstorming situation like that. Brainstorming? | – 我们自由讨论的来的 – 自由讨论? |
[56:47] | It’s time we moved on. | 我们该走了 |
[56:49] | Good idea. We’re probably a bad influence on these kids. | 好主意 我们可能把这些孩子带坏了 |
[56:51] | Is that Shanice coming over? She looks pretty angry. | 那过来的是不是Shanice呢 她看起来很生气啊 |
[56:54] | Yeah, very funny. | 是哦 真好笑哦 |