时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | That was a fantastic meal. | 这顿饭真丰盛 |
[00:08] | Well the pleasure was all ours, Albert, really. | 是我们的荣幸 Albert 真的 |
[00:11] | It was Luigi’s, actually, let’s get a move on. | 是Luigi付的 实际上 我们赶紧走吧 |
[00:13] | The rest of the day is yours, Albert. | 接下来一天都听你安排 Albert |
[00:15] | -What would you like to do? -Your wish is our command. | -你想做什么? -我们都听你的指挥 |
[00:17] | How about the first flight to Vegas? | 订下一班飞机去维加斯? |
[00:20] | Well, we thought maybe bungee jumping over the Thames. | 嗯 或者去泰晤士河玩蹦极 |
[00:22] | Or go-karting? | 或者玩卡丁车? |
[00:23] | -I’ll whoop your ass, young whippersnapper! -You probably would! | -我真想揍你 毛头小子! -实际上你可以的! |
[00:27] | Oh, let me see. I know what. I’m feeling nostalgic. | 哦 让我想想 我知道了 我现在很怀旧 |
[00:30] | How about a snifter at The Royal Mayfair Club. | 去皇家梅菲尔俱乐部喝一杯怎么样 |
[00:33] | It’s where I roped my first mark. | 那是我第一次钓到目标的地方 |
[00:35] | Sounds good to me. | 听起来不错 |
[00:36] | It’s a huge, domed atrium, filled with natural light. | 那里有一座宏大的拱形门廊 全靠自然采光 |
[00:39] | But more importantly has the best choice of brandies | 最重要的是那里有最好的白兰地 |
[00:42] | this side of Paris! | 巴黎最好的! |
[00:43] | Let’s do it. | 我们走吧 |
[00:55] | I see what you mean about the natural light. | 我看到你所说的自然采光了 |
[01:44] | It was an iconic building. | 这是座地标建筑 |
[01:46] | A monument to Anglo-American relations. | 为纪念英美关系而建造 |
[01:49] | Roped some of my biggest marks there, ever. | 我在这里干过几票大的 曾经 |
[01:52] | And the soulless son-of-a-bitch who pulled it down should be strung up. | 那个推倒它的无良混蛋应该被吊死 |
[01:56] | Better still, Albert, let’s hit him where it really hurts. | Albert 好在我们还能好好教训他一顿 |
[02:00] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[02:02] | So who is he? | 那么他是谁? |
[02:03] | It turns out that Starfire Property Holdings | 调查表明Starfire地产的控股权 |
[02:05] | is owned by none other than Dale Ridley. | 全都集中在Dale Ridley手上 |
[02:08] | -Dale who? -Ridley. | -Dale啥? -Ridley |
[02:09] | You know, “Ding-dong, that’s my song!” | 你们知道的 “叮咚 那是我的歌!” |
[02:12] | I think it’s time you took your pill, mate! | 我想你该吃药了 伙计! |
[02:15] | Never mind, they’re too young. | 没关系 他们那时候还小 |
[02:20] | Big hair, big teeth and more cheese than the Cheddar Gorge. | 爆炸头 大颗牙 比Cheddar Gorge更火 |
[02:23] | Take a butchers at this. Albert. | 看一下这个 Albert |
[02:29] | ‘It’s Friday, | ‘今天是星期五 |
[02:30] | and its live from London City Studios, | 现在是来自伦敦城市演播室的现场直播 |
[02:32] | ‘it’s the greatest game show on Earth, | ‘这里是世界上最大的竞猜节目 |
[02:33] | Ding-Dong That’s My Song! | 叮咚 那是我的歌! |
[02:39] | ‘an electronic typewriter, and a luxury caravan holiday for four! | ‘电子打印机 豪华四人房车! |
[02:42] | ‘And here’s your host -Dale Ridley!’ | ‘现在出场的是今天的主持人 Dale Ridley!’ |
[02:46] | So, Julia… | 那么 Julia… |
[02:52] | ‘Tell me about yourself.’ | ‘向我们介绍一下自己’ |
[02:54] | This is painful. Oh, dear. | 这太折磨人了 噢 我的天啊 |
[03:00] | Was it A, Howard Jones. | 是A选项 Howard Jones |
[03:04] | B, A-Ha. | B选项 A-Ha |
[03:06] | Or C, Bronski Beat? | 还是C选项 Bronski Beat? |
[03:13] | Oh! Ding-dong, that’s my song! | 哦! 叮咚,那是我的歌! |
[03:20] | Ding-dong, that’s my song. | 叮咚 那是我的歌 |
[03:24] | Excruciating I know, | 我知道惨不堪言 |
[03:25] | but every Saturday night 15 million of us were glued to that crap. | 但是每周六晚我们中1500万人会锁定这个糟糕的节目 |
[03:30] | Were you? | 你也会? |
[03:31] | Well when I say “us”, I don’t mean me, obviously. | 很明显我说的”我们” 不就我一个 |
[03:34] | I mean us as a nation. | 我指的是我们整个国家 |
[03:36] | Ah, right. | 啊 了解了 |
[03:37] | -Anyway, I was more, erm…I was more World About Us. -Obviously. | -总之 我是更 额… 指更广义的我们 -当然 |
[03:41] | What happened to Ridley? | 后来Ridley怎么样了? |
[03:43] | Fame and fortune went to his head. | 名利冲昏了他的头脑 |
[03:44] | He reckoned he was the saviour of commercial TV. | 他认为自己就是电视节目的救世主 |
[03:46] | He started trying to push them around, making petty demands when it was time for a new contract. | 他开始仗势欺人 在签新合约时提出苛刻的要求 |
[03:51] | What finished him was a big TV charity night. | 最终毁了他的事业的是一场大型电视慈善秀 |
[03:55] | London City Studios got him on tape demanding | 伦敦城市电视台为了请他主持 |
[03:58] | 20% of whatever the charity made in return for hosting it. | 同意将募得善款的20%作为他的酬劳 |
[04:01] | Next morning, it was all over the papers. And that was that. | 翌日早晨 这件事见诸各大报端 事情就是这样 |
[04:04] | The network fired him and no-one else would touch him. | 电视台炒了他也没人再敢请他 |
[04:06] | What did he do next? | 那他接下来做了什么? |
[04:08] | He crawled back to his Birmingham mansion and hid. | 他爬回了他的伯明翰老巢躲了起来 |
[04:11] | And five years later, he re-emerged as a property entrepreneur. | 五年后 他以地产企业家的身份重出江湖 |
[04:15] | First thing he did was buy an old folk’s home. | 他做的第一件事就是买下了一座老年之家 |
[04:18] | The moment he had his hands on it,he shut it down, | 他一接手 就关了它 |
[04:20] | turfed out 35 OAPs and then brought in the bulldozers. | 赶走了35位养老者然后用推土机铲平了那块地 |
[04:24] | A month later, | 一个月后 |
[04:25] | he sold it to a developer for twice what he paid for it. | 他以两倍的价格把那块地卖给了一个开发商 |
[04:28] | So he stuck at it, only this time on a much bigger scale. | 之后他就一直干这个 只不过这次手笔更大 |
[04:32] | Victorian warehouses, factories, historic mills, | 维多利亚时代的仓库 工厂 有历史价值的制造厂 |
[04:35] | all in great locations bought at knock down prices, | 都是极好的地段 以极低的价格买入 |
[04:38] | often before they’ve even come on to the market. | 通常在它们进入市场之前就被买下了 |
[04:40] | How? | 怎么会这样? |
[04:42] | Backhanders to local councillors, agents, consultants. | 贿赂当地议员 代理商 顾问 |
[04:44] | They made sure sales were completed before anyone else got a look in. | 他们保证在别人参与竞价之前完成交易 |
[04:47] | How come no-one cottoned on to the bribery? | 怎么会没人注意到他的贿赂手段? |
[04:49] | It seems they did. | 看起来他们确实注意到了 |
[04:50] | He upset developers, councils and heritage groups | 他惹怒了开发商 委员会 遗产组织 |
[04:52] | from Leicester to Ludlow. | 从Leicester到Ludlow |
[04:54] | That’s when he started buying property in London. | 那是当他开始在伦敦买地产的时候 |
[04:57] | Where’s he based? | 他的据点在哪? |
[04:58] | Right now, he’s staying at the Union House Hotel. | 目前 他呆在Union House酒店 |
[05:01] | It just so happens I play poker with the concierge there. | 正巧我和那里的看门人在玩牌 |
[05:03] | Surprise! | 意外收获啊! |
[05:04] | How long’s he in town? | 他会在城里呆多久? |
[05:05] | -Less than a week. -OK, then,no time to lose. Let’s get out there and find a way in. | -不到一周 -好的 那么 不能耽搁了 我们先行动找出切入点 |
[05:19] | Ding-dong, eh, ladies? | 叮咚 嗯 女士们? |
[05:22] | Ding-dong, that’s my song. Eh? | 叮咚 那是我的歌 嗨? |
[05:27] | Bloody tourists! | 无知的观光客! |
[05:30] | Oi! | 噢! |
[05:32] | Hello, sir? | 你好 先生? |
[05:33] | Two theatre tickets, tonight, decent seats. | 两张电影票 今晚 要好位置 |
[05:35] | Nothing too intellectual. Sort it, yeah? | 没什么技术含量的活儿 搞定它 懂了? |
[05:47] | I’ve got those spreadsheets to do tonight. | 我今晚得做这些表格 |
[05:49] | I’m not taking you, you oaf! | 我没想带你去 你个白痴! |
[05:51] | I fancy a blonde tonight. Big but small, | 我看上一个金发碧眼的妞 很大又很小 |
[05:53] | know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吧? |
[05:54] | Sort it, yeah? | 搞定这些 懂了吗? |
[05:56] | Big but small… | 很大又很小… |
[05:57] | Hello, baby dream, I was just thinking about you and Dale Junior. | 你好 亲爱的 我刚才正在想你和Dale Junior |
[06:02] | Have you been in touch with the heritage people yet? | 你和遗产组织的人联系好了吗? |
[06:05] | I’m waiting for a call back. | 我在等他们的电话 |
[06:06] | -Make sure you deal with a man. -Why? | -你要保证自己是跟男人打交道 -为什么? |
[06:09] | Women have scruples. Bad for business. | 女人会有所顾忌 不利于生意 |
[06:11] | -Right. -Take him to a fancy restaurant, fill him full of vodka, | -明白了 -带他到高档酒店 灌他伏特加 |
[06:16] | take him to a titty bar, and then hit him with the money. | 再给他找几个女人 然后用钱砸他 |
[06:18] | Oh, right, OK. | 哦 明白了 好的 |
[06:20] | It’s only my old boss always used to say | 只是我以前的老板经常说 |
[06:22] | never mix business with pleasure. | 不要把生意和声色混在一起 |
[06:25] | Really? | 是吗? |
[06:27] | Let me ask you this, Gibbs. How big was his yacht? | 那我问问你 Gibbs 他的游艇有多大? |
[06:31] | -I don’t think he had one. -Really? | -我觉得他没有游艇 -是吗? |
[06:34] | How many Ferraris in his garage? | 他车库里停了多少辆法拉利? |
[06:36] | He didn’t. | 他没有 |
[06:37] | No? Surprise, surprise. | 没有? 意外啊 意外 |
[06:40] | You starting to get the picture? | 你开始了解情况了吗? |
[06:43] | There are no boundaries between business and pleasure. | 生意和声色根本就是一家 |
[06:46] | Oh, right, I get it. | 哦 好的 我明白了 |
[06:47] | So, if you enjoy what you do, it’s all pleasure. | 所以 只要你喜欢所做的事 也可以当做享受 |
[06:50] | No, you thicko. Rule one. It’s all business. | 不 你这个傻瓜 第一条 这都是生意 |
[06:56] | Stick around, kid. Learn from the master. | 你瞧好了 小子 跟师傅我学学 |
[07:04] | What was it? | 这是什么? |
[07:05] | The National Victorian Library. | 维多利亚国家图书馆 |
[07:07] | It should burn well, then. That would save money on the bulldozers. | 火应该烧得更大些 当时 还能省了我的推土机钱 |
[07:11] | How big’s the site? Square feet? | 这块地有多大? 多少平方英尺? |
[07:14] | Just under 8,000. | 八千不到一点 |
[07:18] | Too small. I want scale. | 太小了 我要更大的面积 |
[07:21] | -I want impressive. -What, bigger than this? | -我要令人印象深刻 -什么 比这个更大? |
[07:23] | There’s barely room to swing a heritage commissioner in it. | 这里几乎连暴揍一个遗产委员会专员的空间都不够 |
[07:26] | Think Premiership, not Conference. | 想想总理首相 别想工会了 |
[07:29] | It’s difficult in London. There’s a lot more competition. | 这在伦敦很难 竞争更激烈 |
[07:32] | Rule one. Do not be afraid of competition. | 第一条 不要害怕竞争 |
[07:35] | Nobody wants to win a one-horse race. | 没人想赢一场只有一个人的比赛 |
[07:40] | I thought rule one was… | 我以为第一条是… |
[07:41] | Shut it! | 闭嘴! |
[07:46] | Come on. | 上车 |
[07:59] | What have we got? | 我们了解了些什么? |
[08:00] | You were right about how he does business. | 关于他如何做生意你猜得没错 |
[08:02] | He pays off agents, | 他贿赂代理人 |
[08:03] | council officials and heritage commissioners to make sure the deal goes his way, | 议会官员和遗产委员会确保交易按他的方式进行 |
[08:07] | and always for the right price. | 而且总是好价格 |
[08:09] | His motto is “Everybody has their price”. | 他的座右铭是 “每个人都能用钱买通” |
[08:11] | Ah, well, why hasn’t he been prosecuted? | 噢 那么 为什么他还没被起诉? |
[08:14] | He never does the dirty deed himself. | 因为他从来不自己亲自做这些勾当 |
[08:15] | He leaves it to an apprentice. | 他都留给小跟班做 |
[08:17] | Three employees have done time in the last five years. | 过去五年间有三个职员做过 |
[08:19] | And they never squeal? | 他们从没告过密? |
[08:21] | Almost certainly, and Ridley never leaves a trail. | 从没 而且Ridley从不留下证据 |
[08:24] | What about his corporate structure? | 那他的公司结构呢? |
[08:25] | He runs all his projects through Starfire Property Holdings. | 他通过Starfire地产公司经营各类项目 |
[08:29] | But puts profits into offshore accounts to avoid tax. | 但是把盈利都存入海外账户逃税 |
[08:31] | How big is his operation? | 他的公司有多大? |
[08:33] | It’s difficult to get exact figures but about eight deals a year, | 这很难确切的统计 不过大概一年八笔交易 |
[08:36] | three to five million pounds each. | 每笔都有三到五百万英镑 |
[08:38] | He’s got his eyes set on bigger opportunities here in London. | 他在伦敦瞄准了更大的蛋糕 |
[08:41] | So we need to find something that’ll float his boat. | 所以我们需要一个能让他称心如意的东西 |
[08:44] | A tasty little deal, somewhere. | 一桩诱人小买卖 某处地产 |
[08:45] | What about…a tasty big deal? | 那么一桩诱人的大买卖…怎么样? |
[08:48] | Seems London City Studios are up for sale. | 似乎伦敦城市演播室可供出售 |
[08:52] | Bit out of his league, isn’t it? | 有些不是他的专攻方向 不是吗? |
[08:53] | -Exactly. -That means he’ll need partners. | -说的是 -这意味着他需要合伙人 |
[08:56] | He’s going to love this, isn’t he, eh? | 他一定会喜欢这儿的 不是吗 嗯? |
[08:58] | The smell of easy money, the kudos of the big deal, | 轻易到手的钞票 砍下大单的名望 |
[09:00] | and, the icing on the cake, revenge. | 而且 更诱人的是 复仇的机会 |
[09:02] | He gets to be involved in tearing down the studios. | 他肯定会对拆了这座演播楼大感兴趣 |
[09:05] | What a sweet little plan, Michael. | 这是多么贴心的计划啊 Michael |
[09:07] | And the best bit is the bidding’s about to close. | 最利于我们的是竞标就要结束了 |
[09:09] | Excuse me, | 打扰了 |
[09:10] | do you know where I can find Three Socks Morgan? | 你知道哪里可以找到三只脚 Morgan吗? |
[09:13] | Who wants to know? | 你想找谁? |
[09:16] | Which one of yous is Three Socks Morgan? | 你们谁是三只脚 Morgan? |
[09:22] | You don’t remember me, do you? | 你不记得我了 是吗? |
[09:24] | Er…no. Should I? | 额…不记得了 我应该认识你吗? |
[09:27] | Relax. You’re not my dad or anything weird like that. | 放轻松 你并不是我爸或者类似的关系 |
[09:30] | Lucky for you. | 你真走运 |
[09:32] | The thought never crossed my mind. | 我可没这么想过 |
[09:34] | So, who are you, kid? | 那么 你是谁啊 小朋友? |
[09:35] | It’s me. Alfie Beezer. | 我就是我 Alfie Beezer |
[09:38] | Your godson? | 你的教子? |
[09:40] | Course you are. Yeah, the eyes. | 对啊你就是我教子 是的 那眼睛我记得 |
[09:47] | -Where’s your dad? -He’s at the airport. | -你爸爸在哪儿? -他在机场 |
[09:51] | Eh? | 恩? |
[09:57] | “Dear Ash, sorry to do this to you, | “亲爱的Ash 很抱歉这么对你 |
[10:00] | “but I need you to look after the kid for a few days. | “但我确实需要你帮忙照顾这个孩子几天 |
[10:04] | “I had to get on a plane to Amsterdam to salvage a big score. | “我已经飞往阿姆斯特丹去大捞一笔 |
[10:08] | “The kid’s nan’s in Spain and I was stuck, | “这孩子的奶奶远在西班牙而我又无法脱身 |
[10:10] | “so I thought it was time you did your Godfatherly thing. | “我想也到了你该尽尽你教父的义务的时候了 |
[10:14] | “I owe you big time. Love, Beezer. | “我欠你一段欢乐的时光 爱你的 Beezer |
[10:16] | “PS. Watch the kid, he’s a slippery sod.” | “附录 看紧这小子 他是个滑头” |
[10:19] | The last bit’s a lie. | 最后一句不是真的 |
[10:26] | If I do this… | 如果我这么做… |
[10:28] | you got to choose a card, remember it, and if I guess it, | 你可以选一张牌 记好是哪一张 如果我猜对了 |
[10:32] | give me a pound coin. | 就给我一英镑 |
[10:34] | Yeah, all right, yeah. | 好 可以 好 |
[10:40] | Was it the ace of hearts? | 是不是红桃A? |
[10:44] | Gor blimey! How did he do that? Here you are. | 天啊! 他是怎么做到的? 给你 |
[10:46] | Johnny Beezer was a roper | Johnny Beezer是个套绳者 |
[10:49] | I worked with back in the ’90s. | 在90年代我和他共事过 |
[10:49] | He got his bird up the duff, | 他让别人怀孕了 |
[10:51] | and, hey presto, along comes little Alfie there. | 然后 转眼间 Alfie就出生了 |
[10:54] | So me and Beezer down a few pints to celebrate. | 我和Beezer喝了点小酒来庆祝 |
[10:56] | Eight pints in and he asks me to be godfather. | 八杯酒下肚 他让我做Alfie的教父 |
[10:59] | What could I say? | 我能说啥呢? |
[11:00] | Probably not a lot after eight pints. | 估计八杯酒之后也说不出几句话了 |
[11:02] | -And that was the last time I saw him. -How come? | -那是我最后一次见到他 -为何呢? |
[11:05] | Cos the next day Beezer found out that Alfie’s mum was | 因为第二天Beezer发现Alfie的母亲 |
[11:08] | having it away with her gyny. What, while she was…? | -和别人跑了 -什么? 当她还在… |
[11:11] | Well, each to his own. | 恩 各回各家了 |
[11:12] | Anyway, Beezer takes Alfie back to Manchester | 所以 Beezer带着Alfie回到了曼彻斯特 |
[11:15] | to live with his nan. | 让他跟他奶奶住在一起 |
[11:17] | Haven’t seen him since. | 从那以后就再没见过他 |
[11:19] | Well, we can’t work a con while we’re looking after a kid. | 我们不能在设局的同时还要照顾一个小孩子 |
[11:22] | No, I’ll talk to Beezer. | 不 我来和Beezer谈谈 |
[11:23] | Can I borrow a pound? | 我能借一磅吗? |
[11:27] | Yeah, all right. | 恩 好 |
[11:30] | If I can make this pound disappear, | 我要是能让这英镑消失 |
[11:32] | without you knowing where it’s gone,can I keep it? | 你却不知道它在哪 我能留下它吗? |
[11:36] | Yeah, go on, then. | 当然 你请便 |
[11:44] | Do that again. | 再做一次吧 |
[11:45] | I need another pound. | 我还需要一磅 |
[11:48] | Hang on, here. | 等一下 给你 |
[11:57] | What if we took it in turns to look after him? | 我们能轮流来照顾他吗? |
[11:59] | The kid could be a complete liability. | 这个孩子可能是个大麻烦 |
[12:02] | I won’t be, I promise. | 我保证 我不会的 |
[12:04] | -Ey! You should be in bed. -Maybe I can help. | -嘿! 你应该躺在床上的 -我兴许能帮上忙 |
[12:07] | You can help by going back to bed. | 你躺到床上就是帮忙了 |
[12:09] | I’ve worked on Dad’s cons loads of times. | 我跟爸爸一起做了很多次骗局了 |
[12:11] | I won’t be any trouble, I promise. | 我不会惹任何麻烦的 我保证 |
[12:13] | -That’s not what your dad said. -He was joking. | -你爸爸可不是这样说的 -他开玩笑呢 |
[12:18] | Oh, please? | 恩 带上我吧? |
[12:19] | Well, we all got to start somewhere. | 好吧 我们得从某处下手吧 |
[12:21] | All right, maybe he could just help out behind the scenes, back here? | 对了 也许他能在后台帮一点忙 在这里? |
[12:25] | Your responsibility. | 你的责任了 |
[12:26] | -Why mine? -Cos you were the first to crack. | -干嘛是我的啊? -因为你最先表露同情心的 |
[12:31] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:32] | OK, kid, it’s agreed. You’re in. | 好吧 小孩 我们同意你的加入了 |
[12:34] | Yes! And when we’re busy, | 太好了! 要是我们忙的话 |
[12:36] | Eddie can baby-sit. | Eddie可以帮我们照看他的 |
[12:37] | If he can afford it. | 我不知道他能不能承受的起 |
[12:39] | The kid’s already taken him for 20. | 这个小孩已经骗了他20磅了 |
[12:40] | 25, actually. | 是25磅 实际上 |
[12:44] | OK, then, let’s get started. | 好 这样的话 我们就开始行动吧 |
[13:00] | I thought I was going do something. | 我以为我真的要做什么事呢 |
[13:02] | Stop complaining. You said you wanted a burger, you’ve had one. | 别抱怨了 你刚才说想吃汉堡了 你已经吃了啊 |
[13:05] | You said I was going to be involved in the con. | 可是你说我是这个局里的一部分 |
[13:07] | -You will be. -Doing what? | -你会的 -做什么? |
[13:08] | I don’t know yet. Something back in the apartment. | 我还不知道 回公寓做些什么吧 |
[13:11] | That sounds boring. Why can’t I be the roper? | 听上去好无聊啊 为什么不让我去当套绳人? |
[13:13] | Because Albert’s the roper. | 因为Albert一直以来都是这个角色 |
[13:15] | And you’re only 11. | 而且你只有11岁 |
[13:16] | That can be an advantage sometimes. | 有时候这也是个优势 |
[13:18] | No-one suspects an 11-year-old. | 没有人会怀疑一个11岁的孩子的 |
[13:20] | They would if they met you. | 他们遇到你就会起疑了 |
[13:21] | Look, if you don’t want me to do anything, I can just watch. | 如果你不让我做什么 我就在一旁观摩好了 |
[13:24] | Alfie, can we stop talking? Just for five minutes. | Alfie, 你能安静一下吗 就5分钟? |
[13:36] | -Hi, Ash. -Do you want to see a trick? | -嗨 Ash. -你想看个小把戏么? |
[13:38] | -What? -Hold this and wait here. | -什么? -拿着这个在这等着 |
[13:41] | Yes, all right, go on, then. | 好 好的 继续 那么 |
[13:43] | I’m exhausted! | 我很累了! |
[13:44] | I’ve done the London Eye and he’s had some food, so now we’re on our way back. OK? | 我带他去看了伦敦眼 吃了饭 我们一会就回去 |
[13:51] | ..he won’t shut up. | ..他就是不住嘴 |
[13:55] | Literally. He’s just on and on at me, | 毫不夸张的说 他对着我一直不停的说 |
[13:58] | all the time… | 一直说… |
[14:01] | Yeah, yeah, he’s got all the questions, | 是 是 他还有好多问题 |
[14:03] | I can’t answer them. I’m coming home. | 我都回答不了 我要回家了 |
[14:07] | ..No, Ash, listen to me,I’m coming home. | Ash, 听我说 我要回家了 |
[14:10] | It’s Sean’s turn, or your turn. | 轮到Sean照顾他了 或者是你 |
[14:13] | Excuse me,can you just hold this for me? | 麻烦一下 你能帮我拿一下这个吗? |
[14:17] | All right. | 好 |
[14:18] | Cheers. | 谢啦 |
[14:37] | OK. I’ll see you later. | 好 一会见 |
[14:44] | What? | 什么? |
[14:55] | Flippin’ heck! | 见鬼! |
[15:09] | I want the next flight home. | 我要做下一班飞机回家 |
[15:11] | They can’t exclude us from the sale just because we’re Americans! | 他们不能仅仅因为我们是美国人就不让我们参加! |
[15:15] | Not officially, they can’t. But at the end of the day, | 私下里说 他们不能 但是在这天结束的时候 |
[15:18] | if the chairman’s got some grudge against Americans, | 要是主席还对美国人有些偏见的话 |
[15:21] | there’s not a hell of a lot we can do about it. | 我们真的什么都不能做了 |
[15:23] | You found that out just now? | 你是刚刚才知道的吗? |
[15:25] | In 24 hours the bidding closes. | 24小时之后竞标就截止了 |
[15:26] | I only found out because their consultants told me an hour ago | 他们顾问一个小时前刚刚告诉我的 |
[15:31] | the chairman was cleaned out by his American ex-wife. | 主席被他的前妻 一个美国人 给扫地出门了 |
[15:34] | Look, Henry, come on, we can’t win ’em all. | 听着 Henry 算了吧 我们不能赢过他们的 |
[15:36] | Let me set you straight, Strickland. | 我跟你直说了吧 Strickland |
[15:39] | I never lose. | 我从来没输过 |
[15:40] | As soon as I get to Boston,I’m going to contact my lawyers | 我一到波士顿 我就会联系我的律师 |
[15:44] | and have them start legal proceedings against London City Studios. | 让他们启动针对伦敦城市演播室的法律诉讼 |
[15:50] | I want…that…site. | 我想…要…那块地 |
[15:53] | Yeah, OK. | 恩 好 |
[15:54] | Good. | 好的 |
[15:58] | Wait here. | 等一下 |
[16:03] | I’m Henry Sellworth, checking out. | 我是Henry Sellworth 我要退房 |
[16:06] | I’d like some information…on our American friends. | 我希望能得到一些…关于我们美国朋友的信息 |
[16:17] | Bandit at two o’clock. | 两点钟方向有贼人 |
[16:22] | Keep going. | 继续走 |
[16:26] | A little busy right now, kid. | 我们现在有点忙 |
[16:27] | Whoa! Was that the mark? | 哇! 我们这次目标是谁? |
[16:31] | Rrr! Mickey, I’m sorry, he just slipped away. Do we have a problem? | 呃! Mickey 我很抱歉 他刚才溜走了 有问题吗? |
[16:35] | I don’t think so. OK. | 我不这样认为 好的 |
[16:38] | -That was, er, really funny. -I just wanted to help. | -这 恩 真的有点意思 -我只是希望能帮上忙 |
[16:42] | Well, you pull something like that again | 这样啊 你要是再这样做 |
[16:44] | and you’re in big trouble, mister. | 你就惹大麻烦了 小先生 |
[16:48] | Get over here…! | 往这边走…! |
[16:49] | -See you in Boston. -OK. | -我们波士顿再见 -好的 |
[16:54] | -This is incredible! -What? | -这太了不起了! -什么? |
[16:56] | You know the London City Studios? | 你知道伦敦城市演播室吗? |
[16:58] | -Yeah, it’s up for sale. -Exactly! | -知道 正准备出售 -正是! |
[17:00] | And it’s out of our price range by a factor of ten. | 但是它的要价超出了我们预算的十倍 |
[17:03] | -Was. -Eh? | -以前是 -什么? |
[17:05] | I’ll explain in the lift. | 我在电梯里跟你解释 |
[17:10] | He could’ve ruined the whole con. | 他可能会搅坏整个局 |
[17:11] | How’d he know where the hotel is? | 他怎么知道宾馆在哪里的? |
[17:13] | That’s the scary thing.It’s like…he knows everything. | 这非常吓人 有点像…他知道所有的事情 |
[17:16] | The kid’s smart.He’s listening to everything we say. | 这个孩子很聪明 他仔细的听我们说的话 |
[17:18] | How did he get away from you, again? | 他怎么又一次从你身边跑了呢? |
[17:20] | I don’t know, I was…I looked away, he was gone. | 我不知道 我当时…我一没注意 他已经不见了 |
[17:23] | It was the old “string around the corner” trick. | 这是以前的”墙角边的绳子”的小把戏 |
[17:26] | -A-ha. -(Shut up!) | -啊哈 -(闭嘴!) |
[17:29] | -Tell me he’s having a laugh. -My dad says the old ones are best. | -告诉我他正在笑 -我老爸总是告诉我说 以前的老把戏都是精华 |
[17:32] | Did you seriously fall for the string trick? | 你真的上了那个绳子的当? |
[17:34] | -No! -Yeah, you did! | -没! -是的 你上当了! |
[17:36] | No! I was distracted cos I was on the phone. | 不是! 我当时正在打电话 有点分心了 |
[17:39] | Oh, well, in that case you were on the phone. | 哦 这样 你当时再打电话啊 |
[17:42] | What’s it worth not to tell Mickey? | 有没有必要让Mickey知道? |
[17:44] | All right, d’you know what, if it’s so funny… | 好好 你知道吗 要是这个很搞笑… |
[17:46] | he’s all yours. | 他归你管了 |
[17:52] | Just have to be in the right place at the right time… | 只需要在正确的地点和正确的时机 |
[17:56] | This could be sweet. | 一切就好说了 |
[18:00] | Here we are. Helius International Property Investments. | 找到了 Helius国际地产投资公司 |
[18:05] | Started in 1982, Boston. | 1982年建立于波士顿 |
[18:07] | 3.4 billion portfolio in the US, Canada and Europe. | 在美国 加拿大 和欧洲有三十四亿的投资项目 |
[18:12] | Serious players, then. | 是个硬角色 这么说 |
[18:14] | There’s one of them. Henry Sellworth, Chairman. | 其中的一个 Henry Sellworth 是主席 |
[18:18] | And there’s the other one. Brett Strickland. | 还有另一个 Brett Strickland |
[18:21] | Head of Acquisitions,Western Europe. | 西欧收购部门的头 |
[18:25] | London City Studios is perfect for them. | 伦敦城市演播室对他们来讲是个好选择 |
[18:27] | Big site, central location. | 面积大 中央位置 |
[18:29] | Just demolish what’s there and stick up one of their shopping centres. | 把原来的推到 然后建起自己的大型购物广场 |
[18:32] | Yeah… | 耶… |
[18:33] | But they can’t get it, because the chairman’s got a grudge against Yanks. | 但是他们却得不到 因为主席对美国佬有些牢骚 |
[18:38] | So what are you thinking, boss? We front the bid for them? | 老板 你打算怎么做? 我们替他出面竞拍? |
[18:41] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[18:44] | Surely they could deal with any UK property company? | 他们可以随便找一家英国的房地产公司来做啊? |
[18:46] | Not when the bidding closes in 24 hours, they can’t. | 他们不能 因为竞拍在24小时之后就结束了 |
[18:50] | That’s why they’ve thrown in the towel. | 这就是他们放弃的原因 |
[18:52] | We better catch them, before they get on a plane. | 我们最好在他们上飞机之前联系到他们 |
[19:01] | Just try to LOOK intelligent. | 显得机灵点就行了 |
[19:07] | Mr Strickland? | Strickland先生吗? |
[19:10] | -Yes? -Sorry for interrupting. | -嗯? -抱歉打扰你了 |
[19:14] | My name’s Dale Ridley. | 我是Dale Ridley |
[19:16] | I’m the chairman and chief executive of Starfire Property Holdings. | 我是Starfire地产的董事长兼首席执行官 |
[19:19] | -And this is my apprentice, Mr Gibbs. -Hi. | -这是我的助手 Gibbs先生 -你好 |
[19:22] | OK. So…how do you guys know my name? | 好吧 可是…你们怎么知道我名字的? |
[19:25] | I’m a big fan. | 我很仰慕您 |
[19:26] | I like to think of Helius International as a role model for my company. | 我一直把Helius国际当做我公司的榜样 |
[19:31] | That’s great to hear, Mr, er…? | 很高兴听到你这样说 恩 先生…? |
[19:33] | -Ridley -..Ridley -Ridley. -..Ridley, | |
[19:34] | but I’m on my way to the airport. | 不好意思 但是我现在要去机场 |
[19:36] | Give me two minutes… | 我只耽误您两分钟… |
[19:37] | and I will give you a game-changing opportunity. | 我给你提供了一个翻身的机会 |
[19:43] | OK, well, I’m all ears until my cab arrives. | 好吧 在我出租车来之前 我好好听你讲 |
[19:49] | Ah! | 啊哈! |
[19:53] | London City Studios. I think we can help. | 伦敦城市演播室 我觉得我们能够帮上忙 |
[19:56] | How? | 怎样帮? |
[19:57] | Your bid has hit the buffers | 你们在竞标过程中碰钉子 |
[19:59] | because Helius is an American company. Correct? | 因为Helius是一家美国的公司 对吧? |
[20:01] | -I’m sorry but how do you know all this? -Information is everything. | -可是你是怎么知道这些的? -信息就是一切 |
[20:06] | OK, so what exactly do you want? | 好吧 你到底想要什么? |
[20:09] | We’re a UK company, specialising in land and property acquisitions. | 我们是一家英国公司 而且我们专营房地产的收购 |
[20:13] | In short, Mr Strickland… | 简单地说 Strickland先生… |
[20:16] | ..WE can front your bid. | ..我们可以替你出面竞标 |
[20:18] | -Why not just bid yourself? -Simple. | -为什么不自己竞标? -理由很简单 |
[20:20] | Don’t have access to that level of funding. | 我们没有足够的资金 |
[20:23] | OK… I see. | 好吧…我明白了 |
[20:25] | 我很欣赏你对机会的把握 但是一笔一千亿的交易 | |
[20:31] | can be secured on the basis of a two-minute conversation | 就仅仅靠两分钟的谈话敲定 |
[20:34] | with a perfect stranger | 还是跟一个完全的陌生人 |
[20:36] | a day before the bidding closes…is frankly laughable. | 就在竞标的截止的前一天…诚然有点可笑了 |
[20:40] | Seize the moment and seize the deal. | 抓住了机会就抓住了买卖 |
[20:42] | That’s my motto, Mr Strickland. | Strickland先生 这是我的座右铭 |
[20:45] | Or one of them, anyway. | 或者座右铭之一 不管怎说 |
[20:49] | I am offering you the chance to save this deal, | 我给您得到那块地的机会 |
[20:53] | and to enhance your standing within your company. | 也是你在公司地位高升的机会 |
[20:57] | OK… Let’s say I go for this opportunity of yours. | 好吧…如果我同意你的提议 |
[21:03] | -What do you get out of it? -Ten percent of the bid price. | -你要我支付给你多少? -交易总额的10% |
[21:07] | Ten perc… | 百分之十… |
[21:10] | I’m sorry, I have a flight to catch. | 抱歉 我还有飞机要赶 |
[21:13] | Think about it. | 仔细考虑下吧 |
[21:17] | Call me. | 给我电话 |
[21:26] | Well, I suppose it was worth a shot. | 好吧 我认为值得一试 |
[21:28] | Trust me, he’ll ring. | 相信我 他会打电话的 |
[21:39] | It feels like yesterday. | 感觉就像昨天一样 |
[21:41] | The fans used to be there, waiting, | 粉丝们都会聚集在这里 等着 |
[21:44] | waving to me as I swept in in the Bentley. | 等着我乘着宾利大驾而来 |
[21:46] | Had a table in all the best restaurants, | 在最好的餐厅里消费 |
[21:48] | champagne on ice in every club. | 在每个俱乐部里品尝冰镇香槟 |
[21:50] | Women coming up to me in the street, | 那些姑娘们把我簇拥在大街上 |
[21:53] | begging me to say those magic words. | 求我说那些拥有魔力的句子 |
[21:56] | What? | 什么? |
[21:57] | Ding-dong, that’s my song! | 叮咚 那是我的歌! |
[22:00] | Three times I was on the cover of the TV Times, I was. | 曾经三次登上过杂志的封面 是的 |
[22:04] | Felt like I owned the place… | 感觉就像我拥有了这个地方… |
[22:06] | and the people in it. | 还有这里的人们 |
[22:09] | Everyone sang to my song. | 每个人都在哼唱我的歌 |
[22:13] | You should’ve known me then, Gibbs. | 你那时应该知道我的 Gibbs |
[22:15] | Not that I’d have given time to someone like you, obviously. | 那时我才不会花时间和你这样的人呆一起 很显然 |
[22:19] | But it would’ve given you an insight into the man you see before you. | 但那也许会让你对眼前这个人有个更深的认识 |
[22:26] | Go and have a word with that security guard, see if he remembers me. | 去问问那个保安 看他是否还记得我 |
[22:30] | See if he’ll let us in for a look around. | 看他让不让咱俩进去做个视察 |
[22:57] | Did he remember me? | 他还记得我吗? |
[22:58] | Yeah, eventually. He’s been working on the gate for 30-odd years. | 记得 当然了 他已经在这里干了足足30个年头了 |
[23:01] | What did he say? | 他怎么说? |
[23:03] | -Well, just… -No, no, no, no, no. Go on, go on, what did he say? | -额 就是… -不不不 你继续 他说什么了? |
[23:07] | He said you were a greedy scumbag | 他说你就是个贪婪的吸血鬼 |
[23:10] | and that your lifetime ban from the studios is still in place. | 你已经被电影公司封杀了 |
[23:14] | Yeah, well, the same to you, mate! Just you wait! | 好吧 伙计 你也好不到哪去! 等着瞧吧! |
[23:18] | We’ll see who has the last laugh! | 看看谁笑到最后! |
[23:27] | My dad always talks about you. | 我爸爸总是说起你 |
[23:29] | “Three Socks this”, “Three Socks that”. | “三只脚这呀” “三只脚那呀” |
[23:31] | Why are you called Three Socks, anyway? | 可是 为什么他叫你三只脚呢? |
[23:34] | -Well, it’s a long story. How is your dad? -Yeah, he’s good. | -额 说来话长 你爸爸怎么样? -他很好 |
[23:38] | Is he… Is he with anyone, y’know? | 他和… 他和谁在一起了吗? |
[23:40] | Yeah…me. | 对啊… 我 |
[23:43] | -No, no, no, no. I mean like a girlfriend. -Oh, sometimes. | -不不不 我说他的女朋友 -噢 偶尔吧 |
[23:47] | -What about you, Uncle Ash? -Yeah… Well, sometimes. | -你呢 Ash叔叔? -… 偶尔吧 |
[23:51] | -You got any children? -No. | -你有孩子么? -没有 |
[23:54] | Oh… Are you gay? | 噢… 你是同性恋么? |
[23:57] | -No, I’m not gay, thank you. -Nothing wrong if you are. | -不 我不是 谢谢 -就算是也没什么 |
[24:00] | I know. I’m just not gay, all right? | 我知道 可是我不是 好吗? |
[24:03] | Just asking. | 问问而已 |
[24:07] | -So what’s my fee going to be? -Er, what fee’s that, then? | -那 我的酬金怎么算? -额 什么酬金 说起来? |
[24:10] | For the con. You said I was part of the team. | 就这个诈骗案啊 你说过我也是其中一份子啊 |
[24:13] | No, no, no, no, no, no. You see, your fee, right, is learning – | 不不不 你看 你的酬金 对吧 就是和我们学习 |
[24:17] | y’know, from us. It’s worth more than money, that is. | 你懂的 从我们这学 这是钱买不到的 就是说 |
[24:20] | Oh, OK. | 噢 好吧 |
[24:23] | Tell you what, | 这么说吧 |
[24:23] | if I can trick you out of some of the money you make from the con, | 如果我能从你们这一局赚到的钱里弄到一点儿 |
[24:27] | can I keep it? | 能给我么? |
[24:28] | Hang on, let me get this straight. | 等等 让我们先搞清楚 |
[24:30] | If you can trick me out of some of the money, | 如果你能从我手里赚到钱的话 |
[24:32] | assuming we get it, that is… I let you keep it. | 假设我们能骗成 当然… |
[24:34] | Yeah. | 我就让你保留它 -好 |
[24:36] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题么? |
[24:37] | You scared the great Three Socks Morgan’ll be | 难不成你是害怕三只脚的Morgan |
[24:39] | outsmarted by an 11-year-old? | 会被一个11岁的孩子打败? |
[24:41] | No, no, no. I just don’t want to crush your confidence, | 不不不 我就是不想打击你的自信心 |
[24:43] | you cheeky sod! | 你脸皮真厚 |
[24:45] | Deal? | 一言为定? |
[24:49] | Yeah, all right, deal. | 当然 一言为定 |
[24:50] | He-he! | 嘿嘿! |
[24:53] | How are we going to get him into the studios? | 我们要怎么才能把他弄到演播室? |
[24:55] | From what I’ve heard the place is like Fort Knox. | 据我所知 那个地方就像诺克斯堡(美国北部军用地) |
[24:58] | -We’re not. -How come? | -我们不必这样 -怎么会? |
[25:00] | He doesn’t need to go there. He just needs to do the presentation to you. | 他不需要去那 他只需要给你做个演示 |
[25:03] | How are you getting on with the offices? | 怎么才能搞到办公室? |
[25:06] | -Well, I’ve had a rethink. -Oh? | -我已经重新考虑了 -哦? |
[25:08] | The name of the London City Studios’ property developers is already out there | 伦敦城市演播室开发商的名头已经摆在那了 |
[25:10] | Weinstein De Vere Weinstein De Vere. | |
[25:12] | A big company with swanky West End offices. | 一个在伦敦西区有着奢华办公室的大公司 |
[25:15] | So we have to assume that Ridley at least knows of ’em. | 所以我们得认为Ridley至少听说过这些 |
[25:18] | -We can’t risk faking it. -So what were you thinking? | -我们不能冒风险在这上面作假 -所以你怎么看? |
[25:22] | We get Ridley to do the presentation AT Weinstein De Vere. | 我们让Ridley去Weinstein De Vere做演示 |
[25:25] | What, in their actual offices? | 什么 在他们真的办公室? |
[25:27] | Yeah, in the boardroom. -Yeah, obviously. | 是的 在董事会议室 -是的 显然啊 |
[25:29] | As my dad always says, you can’t have much more convincing than the real thing. | 正如我老爸常说的 耳听为虚 眼见为实 |
[25:34] | Is the shark with you? | 你跟鲨鱼是一起的么? |
[25:36] | Nah, he’s been following me since I left the aquarium. | 不 自从我离开水族馆他就一直跟着我 |
[25:38] | How will you pull this one off, Uncle Ash? | 你怎么才能做到这个呢 Ash叔叔? |
[25:40] | Yeah, how will you pull this one off, Uncle Ash? | 对啊 你怎么才能做到这个呢 Ash叔叔? |
[25:42] | Well y’know, I’m, erm… I’m working on it, ain’t I? | 额 你知道 呃… 我正在忙这个 不是么? |
[25:46] | I think it’s time to put our friend out of his misery. | 我想是时候该让我们的朋友高兴一下了 |
[25:51] | Ah, Mr Ridley. Brett Strickland. | 噢 Ridley先生 Brett Strickland |
[25:54] | No, no, actually, my flight’s been delayed. | 不不 实际上 我的航班延误了 |
[25:57] | Perhaps we should meet. | 也许我们应该见面 |
[25:59] | Yeah. Yeah, that works for me. | 好的好的 我没问题 |
[26:03] | OK. | 好的 |
[26:06] | I’ve spoken to Mr Sellworth about your proposal | 我已经和Sellworth先生说过你的提议了 |
[26:08] | and he’s interested. | 他也很感兴趣 |
[26:09] | But we’d need to move fast. | 但是我们需要动作快点 |
[26:10] | You must meet Weinstein de Vere, | 你必须见见Weinstein de Vere |
[26:13] | the property consultants handling the sealed bids. | 处理密封投标的地产顾问 |
[26:14] | No problem. We can arrange a meeting for tomorrow. | 没问题 我们可以明天安排个会议 |
[26:17] | How much are you proposing to bid? | 你的提议价是多少? |
[26:19] | -100 million. -Any flexibility in that? | -一亿 -还有没有变通的余地? |
[26:21] | We want the building. | 我们要那栋楼 |
[26:22] | Our analysts believe 100 million should swing it. | 我们的分析家认为1亿应该可以搞定它 |
[26:25] | Let’s hope they’re right. | 但愿他是对的 |
[26:26] | The only outstanding issue is your fee. | 现在的首要问题的就是你的酬金问题 |
[26:29] | Ten percent is completely out of the question. | 要百分之十是绝对不可能的 |
[26:31] | -So what are you thinking? -A flat million. | -那你怎么想? -一百万整 |
[26:34] | That will barely cover my costs. | 那将几乎超过我的成本 |
[26:36] | Plus, we are talking about your reputation. | 另外 我们在谈论你的名誉问题 |
[26:39] | Picture the scene. | 想象一下 |
[26:41] | You, arriving back in Boston with a 100 million contract in your pocket | 你 带着价值1亿的合约回到了波士顿 |
[26:47] | that you’ve salvaged by using your intuitive brilliance and relentless determination | 那是你通过天生的才华和坚韧的意志而获得的 |
[26:52] | on behalf of Helius International. | 代表着Helius国际 |
[26:54] | That’s got to be worth five million of anybody’s money, surely. | 这在任何人那里都得付个五百万 毋庸置疑的 |
[26:58] | Two. Three. | 二 三 |
[27:00] | -2.5. -Done. | -2.5 -成交 |
[27:01] | Good. You’ll front the bid on behalf of your company. | 很好 你会代表你的公司进行投标 |
[27:04] | If you win, we will put up the money | 如果你赢了 我们会给你钱 |
[27:06] | and you will pass full ownership of the building over to us | 然后你把这栋楼的全部所有权移交给我们 |
[27:09] | in exchange for 2.5 million pound. Do we have a deal? | 来换走你的250万 成交? |
[27:13] | There’s one more thing I need. | 还有一件事 -我谈判完了 Ridley先生 |
[27:17] | I’m done negotiating, Mr Ridley. -Oh, I’m sure you’ll be OK with this. | 噢 我打赌你一定会同意这个的 |
[27:19] | -I’m assuming you’ll be demolishing and building from scratch. -Of course. | -我打赌你会拆掉这栋楼再从头建一个 -当然 |
[27:23] | Then I would like to drive the first bulldozer through the front of the building. | 我愿意第一个开着推土机铲平这栋楼的前院 |
[27:27] | -You…want to drive the bulldozer? -That’s right. Through the front wall. | -你…想开推土机? -是的 穿过正面围墙 |
[27:32] | OK. Well, then, I guess we have a deal. | OK 好 那我想我们就这么定了 |
[27:39] | Couldn’t I just come and watch? | 我就不能一块去看看吗? |
[27:41] | What, and that won’t be suspicious, | 什么 那样岂不是很可疑 |
[27:42] | you sitting in a corner of the room, staring? | 你坐在屋子的角落里 盯着? |
[27:44] | I think not, Alfred. | 我想没门 Alfred |
[27:47] | Could be your assistant. -You’re 11. | 就不能是你的助手么 |
[27:48] | -Could make the tea? | -你才11岁 -可以倒茶啊? |
[27:50] | Look, just sit tight here with Albert, | 听着 你就老实的和Albert呆着 |
[27:52] | just in case we need you, yeah? | 以防万一我需要你 明白么? |
[27:54] | Bo-ring. | 没-劲 |
[27:58] | -You nearly done? -Yeah… Good as. | -你差不多弄完了吧? -是… 差不多 |
[28:01] | -You missed the C off acquire. -Eh? | -你的acquire少打了一个C -嗯? |
[28:04] | Acquire. Has a C in it. | acquire中间有个C |
[28:09] | Oh. | 噢 |
[28:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:13] | -Hello? -‘Weinstein de Vere?’ | -喂? -Weinstein de Vere |
[28:16] | Hello, yes, it’s Terry Harper here, from TGP Properties. | 你好 我是TGP地产的Terry Harper |
[28:18] | Yes, we’re looking to hire a new firm of consultants | 是的 我的打算雇佣一个新的顾问公司 |
[28:21] | and I’d like to set up a meeting with David Trip to discuss it. | 我想和David Trip见面来讨论下 |
[28:30] | Hey, here’s one for ya. How many Spaniards does it take to change a lightbulb? | 嘿 快问快答 换一个灯泡需要多少西班牙人? |
[28:34] | Juan. | 胡安 |
[28:37] | Eh, you, I’m doing the punchline! | 额 你 我来讲出笑点! |
[28:38] | -He’s all yours, Eddie. -Sounds expensive. | -他是你的了 Eddie -听起来蛮贵的 |
[28:41] | -We’ll cover any losses. -You staying for a quick one? | -我们包赔你的损失 -你会在就呆一会? |
[28:44] | I must get back. We’ll come for him later. | 我必须得走 一会回来接他 |
[28:46] | Now YOU, you be good, Bandito, huh? | 你 你乖乖的 小土匪 明白? |
[28:49] | OK OK. | |
[28:52] | -Bye, Albert. -Bye! | -拜拜 Albert -拜! |
[28:55] | Want to play a game, Eddie? | 想玩个游戏么 Eddie? |
[28:57] | Seeing as how they’re paying, yeah, whatever you want. | 既然他们买单 好啊 随便你想玩什么 |
[29:00] | What about “find a fiver”? | “找五块” 怎么样? |
[29:02] | -Never heard of that one. -It’s easy. | -没玩过 -很简单 |
[29:03] | You just close your eyes, count to say… | 你闭上眼睛 开始数… |
[29:06] | 200, I’ll hide. | 一直到200 我去藏 |
[29:08] | Once you get to 200, open your eyes, try and find me. | 等你数到200 再睁开眼睛 去找我 |
[29:11] | That’s hide-and-seek. | 就是捉迷藏么 |
[29:12] | Yeah, but if you find me, I have to give you a fiver. | 是的 但是如果你能找的到我的话 我就给你五块钱 |
[29:16] | I like the sound of that. | 听起来不错 |
[29:18] | Go on, turn around, close your eyes, start counting. | 开始吧 转过去 闭上眼 开始数数 |
[29:26] | One, two, three… No peeking! | 一 二 三… 不许偷看! |
[29:30] | ..four, five, six, seven, eight, | ..四 五 六 七 八 |
[29:35] | 9 10 11 12… nine, ten, 11, 12… | |
[29:44] | -Morning, Mr Trip. -Just off for my 10.30. | -早上好 Trip先生 -出去一下 10.30的会面 |
[29:52] | -It’s me. He’s just left. -‘OK, we’re all set here.’ | -是我 他刚走 -OK 我们也一切就绪 |
[30:01] | Hello, I have a meeting with a few colleagues but they’re going to be late. | 你好 我和几个同事有一个会但是他们会晚点过来 |
[30:05] | Is it all right if I wait over there until we’re all here? | 我是否可以在那边坐等他们呢? |
[30:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:14] | Terry Harper, Terry Harper, | |
[30:15] | TGP Properties. I’ve got an appointment to see David Trip. | TGP地产的 我和David Trip有个预约 |
[30:18] | Oh, he’s just left, I’m afraid. | 噢 我恐怕 他刚走 |
[30:20] | Oh, hell! Mix-up with my new assistant. | 噢 见鬼! 一定是我的新助理搞混了 |
[30:23] | No problem. I’ll give him a call. | 没关系 我给他打个电话 |
[30:30] | Hello, David? | 你好 David? |
[30:32] | Yes, Terry Harper. Bit of a mix-up, I’m afraid. | 是的 Terry Harper 我恐怕有点搞混了 |
[30:35] | Yeah! I’m at your office. | 是的! 我在你办公室 |
[30:37] | Yes, I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[30:40] | All right, see you in a minute. | 好的 一会儿见 |
[30:42] | He won’t be long. He said for me to wait for him in the meeting room. | 他一会回来 他说让我在会议室等他 |
[30:46] | Certainly. It’s just here. | 好的 就在这儿 |
[30:49] | -Can I get you a drink? -No, no, no, I’m fine, thanks. | -我给你倒杯水吧? -不不 不用了 谢谢 |
[30:53] | Two of my colleagues will be arriving shortly, | 我还有两个同事 他们马上就到 |
[30:56] | Mr Ridley and Associate. | Ridley先生和他的助理 |
[30:58] | They’ll ask for me. Just show them right in, would you? | 他们会问我 你帮忙带下路 好吗? |
[31:01] | Of course. It’s this way… | 当然 这边请… |
[31:16] | Hi, David Trip… | 嗨 David Trip… |
[31:18] | Mr Trip. | Trip先生 |
[31:19] | Hello, I’m Louise, I’m Terry’s assistant. -Oh, hi! | 你好 我是Louise Terry的助理 -噢 你好! |
[31:21] | Terry’s stuck in traffic. He’ll be here any minute now | Terry现在被堵在路上 他马上就会到 |
[31:25] | but the meeting room’s in use | 但是现在会议室正用着 |
[31:26] | so he’s asked me to cover the company’s background. | 所以他让我先给您介绍一下公司的背景 |
[31:29] | -Sure, no problem. -Please, take a seat. | -当然 没问题 -请 请坐 |
[31:31] | Oh! Oh! I’m sorry, I’m sorry. No, it’s… Oh! | 噢! 噢! 对不起 对不起 真是… 噢! |
[31:35] | -Right, thank you. -There you go. -Lovely. Just take a seat. -Certainly. Thank you. | -谢谢 -给你 -很好 请坐 -谢谢 |
[31:42] | -That’s just a little bit of what we’re about, there. -Splendid. | -这是一些有关我们的信息 给你 -很好 |
[31:49] | Dale Ridley… to see Terry Harper. | Dale Ridley… 去见Terry Harper |
[31:53] | If you’d like to follow me, please. | 请跟我来 |
[32:08] | ..198 199 200 ..198, 199, 200. | |
[32:14] | Gentlemen, welcome. | 先生们 欢迎 |
[32:14] | I’m Terry Harper. Pleased to meet you. | 我是Terry Harper 很高兴见到你们 |
[32:18] | Please. | 请坐 |
[32:21] | As I’m sure you know, we’ve been appointed by the vendors | 正如你们知道的 我们已经指定了供应商 |
[32:25] | to handle the sale of the London City Studios, | 帮助我们出售伦敦城市工作室 |
[32:28] | and it’s my job to oversee the sealed bid process. | 我的工作是来监督密封投标工作 |
[32:31] | Now, I’m a bit pushed for time so let’s get straight on with it, shall we? | 现在 我有点点赶时间咱们直奔主题好吗? |
[32:34] | Yeah… Sure. | 是的… 当然 |
[32:37] | Clearly, the key selling point is the location. | 当然 我们的关键卖点是所在位置 |
[32:40] | The studios are right in the heart of the West End | 工作室位于西区的中心 |
[32:43] | making it perfect for a luxury hotel, shopping centre, | 绝佳的地盘 如果用来建高级酒店 购物中心 |
[32:47] | offices or even luxury apartments. | 办公室甚至是高档公寓 |
[32:50] | How many bids have you had? | 你有多少投标人? |
[32:52] | I can’t discuss details of the bids, I’m afraid, | 我恐怕我不能和你讨论投标的细节问题 |
[32:54] | but I’m sure you can imagine there’s been considerable interest in the site. | 但是我确信你不难看出这个地段的巨大利润 |
[32:58] | And I can tell you that your party is the final bid. | 我还可以告诉你 你是最后一个投标人 |
[33:02] | -We’re closing the process in just over two hours. -I see. | -我们再过两个小时就结束投标了 -我明白 |
[33:07] | Now… | 现在… |
[33:09] | …I must point out, Terry, | …我必须指出 Terry |
[33:12] | that we are determined to win this bid. | 我们一定要赢得这次竞标 |
[33:18] | I am personally prepared to pay whatever it takes to ensure we do. | 我个人愿意不惜一切 只要能保证夺标 |
[33:26] | Whatever it takes? | 不惜一切? |
[33:28] | Whatever it takes. | 不惜一切 |
[33:31] | I want that site, Terry. | 我要那块地 Terry |
[33:35] | Well, in that case…it would be a shame if you didn’t get it. | 好吧 既然如此…如果你得不到的话就太可惜了 |
[33:47] | ‘The person you are calling is unable to take your call. | ‘您所拨打的用户暂时无法接通 |
[33:50] | ‘Please leave a message after the tone.’ | ‘请在滴声后留言’ |
[33:53] | David, it’s Kate. They’re all in the boardroom waiting for you. | David 我是Kate 他们都在会议室等你 |
[33:56] | Now… | 现在… |
[33:59] | ..let’s suppose, | …我们假设 |
[34:01] | hypothetically speaking, | 假设说 |
[34:03] | that I write | 我在这 |
[34:06] | “100 million” here. | 写上”一亿” |
[34:09] | How would that sound? | 听上去如何? |
[34:12] | Well, that sounds like a… | 听上去像是… |
[34:15] | …winning bid. Hypothetically speaking. | …胜券在握 不过只是假设 |
[34:20] | And… | 恩… |
[34:22] | what should I allow for extras? | 我要准备多少额外资金? |
[34:26] | You know… | 你知道… |
[34:29] | …the, er, | …就是那个 额 |
[34:31] | additional costs to ensure the deal is done? | 确保交易完成所需的额外资金大概多少? |
[34:34] | Well, I usually advise one percent cash, | 好吧 我通常建议准备成交额的百分之一的现金 |
[34:38] | which would make it, let me see, erm… | 这样算来就是 我看看 额… |
[34:41] | Oh. | 哦 |
[34:44] | A nice round million. | 刚好一百万 |
[34:46] | I hate to spend more than I have to on extras. | 我讨厌在额外资金方面花费太多 |
[34:49] | I was thinking…250. | 我想说…25万 |
[34:52] | -Oh, look, is that the time? -Fine. | -哦 时间到了吧? -好吧 |
[34:55] | 500,000. | 50万 |
[34:59] | Oh, I think we can probably work with that. | 哦 我想这个价格还可以考虑 |
[35:09] | We specialise in medium-size city-centre commercial properties, | 我们专门建造中型规模的城中心商业地产 |
[35:13] | mainly office blocks, but we also have a portfolio of retail units. | 主要是办公大楼 不过我们也做零售商铺 |
[35:19] | -Excuse me for just one second. -Yes, certainly. | -稍等一下 -好 请便 |
[35:28] | WHAT do you think you’re doing here?! | 你到这来要干嘛?! |
[35:31] | You said I could help! I haven’t done anything interesting yet. | 你说我能帮上忙! 我还没做什么有意义的事情 |
[35:34] | We’re right in the middle of the con! | 我们现在就在进行欺骗! |
[35:37] | Oh no, that’s blown it! | 哦 不 搞砸了! |
[35:39] | That’s not the man from Weinstein de Vere, is it? | 这不会是Weinstein de Vere的那个家伙吧 是么? |
[35:42] | Yes! It is! | 是! 就是他! |
[35:42] | And now he knows we’re supposed to be THERE and not HERE! | 现在他知道了我们不该在这见面而是在那! |
[35:45] | -I’m sorry. I’ll go warn Uncle Ash. -No! | -对不起 我去提醒Ash叔 -不! |
[35:48] | Don’t you dare! | 你敢! |
[35:48] | You’re going straight back to Eddie’s bar and you’ll wait there! | 你直接回Eddie的酒吧 然后乖乖在那等着! |
[36:01] | OK, I’ll be right back. | 好 我马上就回来 |
[36:05] | Is everything OK? | 发生什么事了么? |
[36:06] | There’s been a mix-up. Mr Harper’s waiting for me at our offices. | 出了点岔子 Harper先生在我们公司的办公室等着 |
[36:09] | Oh! If I call get him to come back, that’s probably the easiest… | 哦! 如果我打电话让他回来 这样会简单一点… |
[36:12] | -No, it’s fine. -No, I really… -I’ll take a cab. | -不 不用了 -不 我真的… -我打车回去 |
[36:17] | Excellent! | 太棒了! |
[36:24] | Excuse me, I must take this. | 抱歉 我要接个电话 |
[36:27] | Yes? | 哪位? |
[36:29] | Well, I am rather busy at the moment. | 我现在很忙 |
[36:31] | Not as busy as you’ll be in two minutes’ time. | 一定不如接下来的两分钟忙 |
[36:33] | Long story but Trip’s coming back to you. | 说来话长 但Trip回去找你了 |
[36:35] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天啊 |
[36:37] | Right, well, thanks for that. | 好的 谢谢 |
[36:39] | -Problem? -No. No, nothing serious. | -有问题? -不 不 没什么要紧的 |
[36:42] | But I’m afraid we will have to wrap this up shortly. | 不过恐怕我们要快点结束 |
[36:45] | But before we do, correct me if I’m wrong… | 但是在此之前 如果我说错了还请指正… |
[36:49] | “Ding-dong, that’s my song!” Yes? | “叮咚 那是我的歌!” 对么? |
[36:53] | Yes, that’s me. -I KNEW I recognised you! | 对 就是我 -我就知道我没认错! |
[36:55] | Long time ago. | 陈年往事了 |
[36:56] | -Yes, it was, but it was a great show, though. -Thank you. | -是的 的确很久了 不过确实是个好节目 -谢谢 |
[37:00] | Don’t think it’ll be a problem, do you? | 不要认为这会造成什么问题 你会么? |
[37:02] | You know, my, er…history with…London City Studios? | 你也懂 我的 额…跟伦敦城市工作室…之间的纠葛 |
[37:06] | History? | 纠葛? |
[37:08] | What history? | 什么纠葛? |
[37:11] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[37:13] | You see, the bottom line is, they don’t need to know | 你看 底线是 他们不需要知道 |
[37:16] | who the principal players are behind the winning bid. | 赢标者背后的大买家是谁 |
[37:20] | Unless you’re a Yank! | 除非你是美国人! |
[37:25] | God forbid! | 怎么可能! |
[37:27] | Please. | 请 |
[37:45] | A pleasure to do business with you, Mr Harper. | 很荣幸跟你合作 Harper先生 |
[37:50] | I’ll be in touch soon. | 我会尽快与你联系 |
[37:51] | Excellent. Sorry not to have longer. Busy day, I’m afraid. | 太好了 抱歉没能谈的久一点 太忙了 |
[37:54] | -I trust we’ll speak again very soon. -You can count on it. | -我相信我们很快就会再见面的 -尽管放心 |
[37:58] | Mr Harper? | Harper先生? |
[37:59] | David Trip David Trip. | |
[38:01] | Ah, David, just excuse me for two minutes, would you? | 啊 David 抱歉 稍等我两分钟 好么? |
[38:03] | I need the loo. | 我得去下洗手间 |
[38:17] | How quickly can you get your hands on that half a million? | 你要多长时间才能搞到需要的那50万? |
[38:21] | I’ll call the bank. Couple of hours, easy. | 我打电话给银行 几个小时 很容易 |
[38:23] | Check again! His name’s Terry Harper, he’s here. | 再核对一次! 他的名字是Terry Harper 他在这 |
[38:26] | This is Weinstein de Vere and he’s visiting… | 这里是Weinstein de Vere 他来这会见… |
[38:28] | -No! You’ll have to leave. -I’ve got to go! Get off me! | -没有! 你必须离开 -我会走的!放开我! |
[38:31] | -There’s no-one here by that name. | 这里没有那个人 |
[38:37] | Yeah, I had to cut things short but I don’t think he suspected anything. | 是的 我只能速战速决 不过我觉得他没有起疑心 |
[38:41] | -‘In fact, I’m certain he’s on board.’ -OK, OK. Well done. | -‘其实我确定他已经上钩了’ -好的 干得不错 |
[38:45] | You meeting us at Eddie’s? | 你在Eddie酒吧跟我们会合? |
[38:47] | No, I’m going back to the hotel to await Ridley’s call. | 不 我回酒店等Ridley的电话 |
[38:48] | -I’ll see you later. – All right, mate, cheers. | -晚点见 -好的 活计 谢谢 |
[38:51] | -Are you sure it was the same kid? -One hundred percent. | -你确定是同一个孩子? -百分之百确定 |
[38:54] | Well, maybe it’s just a coincidence. | 恩 也许只是巧合 |
[38:56] | He was there looking for Terry Harper. | 他在那找Terry Harper |
[38:58] | But when I saw the kid at the hotel, | 但是我在酒店看到那个孩子的时候 |
[39:00] | he was with Strickland. | 他跟Strickland一起 |
[39:02] | -That’s more than a coincidence. -Yeah, that is a bit odd. | -绝对不仅是巧合 -是啊 是有一点古怪 |
[39:05] | Plus, he was saying to that security guard that Terry Harper was a visitor. | 另外 他跟保安说 Terry Harper是来访者 |
[39:10] | -But he’s isn’t, he works there. -Exactly! | -可他不是 他在那工作 -对啊! |
[39:13] | -Boss, what are you saying? -I don’t know. | -老板 你到底在说什么? -我不知道 |
[39:16] | But something definitely is NOT right. | 但一定有什么地方不对劲 |
[39:20] | So where have you been? I told you to come straight back here. | 你去哪了? 我告诉你直接回这来 |
[39:24] | I, er…got lost? | 我 额…迷路了 |
[39:26] | Oh, OK. I thought we agreed. You promised me you’d be good. | 好吧 我以为我们说好了 你保证过你不会捣乱 |
[39:29] | I wondered why you asked me to count all the way to 200. | 我想知道你为什么让我一直数到200 |
[39:32] | Oh! Don’t tell me he got you to play hide-and-seek! | 哦! 别跟我说他让你跟他玩躲猫猫 |
[39:35] | -What is it with you? -He’s very persuasive. It’s the eyes. | -你到底怎么了? -他太有说服力了 他的眼睛 |
[39:37] | Yes. It’s definitely the eyes. | 是的 绝对是他的眼睛 |
[39:38] | Either that or you two are unbelievably gullible. | 要么是那样 或者 你们两个都是非一般的好骗 |
[39:43] | All right, come on, drink up. | 好了 来吧 喝点酒 |
[39:49] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[39:52] | -Can I talk to ya? -Yeah, sure. | -可以跟你谈谈么? -当然可以 |
[39:57] | Alone. | 单独 |
[39:58] | Ridley just saw me at the offices you were at. | Ridley刚刚在那个办公室看见我了 |
[40:01] | What, Weinstein de Vere? | 哪儿 Weinstein de Vere? |
[40:04] | What were you doing there? | 你去那做什么? |
[40:07] | I came to warn you about the other man – that he was coming back. | 我去提醒你那个人 提醒你他回去了 |
[40:11] | And did Ridley recognise you from the hotel? | Ridley认出你是酒店那个男孩了么? |
[40:20] | Don’t worry, son, we’ll sort it. | 别担心 孩子 我们会解决的 |
[40:30] | I think it went pretty well. | 我觉得一切进展顺利 |
[40:32] | But I don’t think we should risk leaving the outcome to chance. | 不过我认为我们不应该仅靠运气来了事 |
[40:35] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[40:36] | It’s my secret weapon. | 我的秘密武器 |
[40:38] | I always know who’s open to a little financial incentive and who isn’t. | 我知道哪些人会因钱动容 哪些人不会 |
[40:42] | Are you suggesting we pay a bribe? | 你是建议我们行贿么? |
[40:44] | Oh come on, Mr Strickland, | 哦 少来了 Strickland先生 |
[40:46] | we’re both grown-up businessmen. | 我们都是久经商场的人了 |
[40:47] | That’s the way it sometimes happens. | 有时候事情就是如此 |
[40:50] | We are a billion-dollar-a-year business | 我们是年收入十亿美元的大公司 |
[40:52] | with a reputation to protect. | 有自己的信誉要维护 |
[40:54] | We can’t be seen to be involved in anything like that. | 我们不能被发现牵涉这样的事情 |
[40:56] | You wouldn’t have to. We’d do it. | 不用你们出面 我们来搞定 |
[40:58] | And what if Harper squeals? | 如果Harper告密呢? |
[41:00] | Well, your name’s not on the bid document, you’ve got complete deniability. | 你的名字不在竞标文件上 你可以全盘否认 |
[41:06] | All right, just do it then. | 好吧 那就去做吧 |
[41:08] | I think it’s only fair that we each put up half the cash. | 我觉得公平起见 我们双方各出一半现金 |
[41:12] | Why? | 为什么? |
[41:13] | Because if anything goes wrong, then we both share the hit. | 因为如果出了什么问题 我们都承担一定损失 |
[41:16] | How much are we talking? | 大概需要多少钱? |
[41:18] | A man like Harper? 500,000 should do it. | 像Harper那样的人? 50万应该可以了 |
[41:21] | 你的意思是让我去找到25万现金 是这样么? | |
[41:25] | You’re a billion-dollar-a-year company. | 你们是年收入十亿美元的大公司 |
[41:28] | That’s just loose change. | 这点钱连零头都算不上 |
[41:32] | So what are his options? | 他有什么选择? |
[41:34] | Well, he could walk away. | 他可以带钱离开 |
[41:35] | But he won’t, will he. Not Ridley. | 但他不会的 对吧 这不是Ridley的风格 |
[41:37] | He’s asking us to put up half the money, | 他要求我们付一半的钱 |
[41:39] | to look like he’s going to go through with the bribe. | 让我们以为他是用这笔钱去行贿 |
[41:43] | But he’ll keep it. | 但他会自己留起来 |
[41:44] | Exactly. So how do we get it back? | 没错 那我们怎么把钱拿回来? |
[41:52] | Ok, So we’re 43 short. Any ideas? | 好吧 我们还差四万三 有什么主意么? |
[41:55] | Yeah, I can probably magic that up. | 恩 我大概可以变出来 |
[41:56] | -How? -Ask no questions, I’ll tell you no lies. | -怎么做? -别问问题 我不会跟你说假话 |
[41:59] | Oh, no you don’t. | 哦 别这样做 -什么? |
[42:00] | What? -I know what you’re thinking. -No, you don’t. | 我知道你在想什么 -不 你不知道 |
[42:02] | -What’s she on about? -I’ve no idea. -You promised. | -她在说什么? -我不知道 -你答应过的 |
[42:09] | Reg! Reg! | |
[42:24] | All right, all right, I heard you. | 别敲了 别敲了 听到了 |
[42:31] | Oh, it’s you. | 哦 是你啊 |
[42:33] | Yeah, well nice to see you too, Reg. | 我也很高心见到你 Reg |
[42:36] | Well, come in then. | 好了 进来吧 |
[42:45] | Thank you, Reg. | 谢了 Reg |
[42:46] | That’s 50p. | 50便士 |
[42:48] | What? | 什么? |
[42:49] | 50p. For the tea. | 50便士 这杯茶 |
[42:51] | You want cake? I’ve got cake. | 吃蛋糕么? 我有蛋糕 |
[42:52] | No, no, you’re all right, mate. | 不 不用了 伙计 |
[42:56] | -There you go, 50p. -Thank you. | -给你 50便士 -谢谢 |
[43:01] | So… How much do you want? | 那么…你想要多少? |
[43:06] | Eighty grand. | 八万美元 |
[43:07] | Eighty grand?! | 八万?! |
[43:10] | No, no, no, I can’t do eighty grand, I can’t. | 不 不 不 八万美元太多了 办不到 |
[43:12] | No? Right, what about 43 then, can you do that? | 不行? 好吧 那4万3千美元呢 这个可以么? |
[43:14] | Yes, I could do 43. | 恩 4万3可以 |
[43:35] | Ten… | 一万… |
[43:36] | twenty… | 两万… |
[43:38] | thirty… | 三万… |
[43:42] | ..forty.. | …四万… |
[43:43] | 41, 42, 43. | 四万一 四万二 四万三 |
[43:46] | So, how long d’you want it for? | 那 你要借多久? |
[43:50] | Oh, a couple of days should do it, Reg. | 哦 几天就可以了 Reg |
[43:52] | It’s gonna cost you. -How much? -The usual. | 那么利息的话 -多少? -老规矩 |
[43:55] | What, 2% a day? -Plus the other thing. | 多少 2%一天? -还得加上其他的 |
[43:59] | What other thing’s that then, Reg? | 什么其他的 Reg? |
[43:59] | What other thing’s that then, Reg? | 还有什么 Rge? |
[44:01] | Y’know, the other thing, with the girl. | 你知道的 其他的事情 跟那个女孩 |
[44:01] | Y’know, the other thing, with the girl. | 你知道的 还有那个美女 |
[44:04] | -Emma. -Is there a problem? | -Emma -有问题么? |
[44:04] | -Emma. -Is there a problem? | -Emma -有问题吗? |
[44:06] | No, it’s not a problem, Reg. She loves doing it with you. | 不 没问题 Reg 她很爱跟你做 |
[44:06] | No, it’s not a problem, Reg. She loves doing it with you. | 不 绝对没有问题 她喜欢跟你在一起 |
[44:09] | Really? | 真的? |
[44:09] | Really? | 是吗? |
[44:13] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[44:13] | Oh, yeah. | 嗯 是的 |
[44:14] | That’s good. | 那太棒了 |
[44:14] | That’s good. | 太好了 |
[44:31] | I feel like I’m in a spy movie. | 我感觉自己在演谍战片 |
[44:31] | I feel like I’m in a spy movie. | 我怎么觉得自己在演间谍电影 |
[44:32] | It’s just boring old business. | 不过是无聊的老生意罢了 |
[44:32] | It’s just boring old business. | 传统的交易方式太无趣了 |
[44:34] | Maybe for you, but this is not how I do business. | 也许对你来说是的 但这不是我做生意的方式 |
[44:34] | Maybe for you, but this is not how I do business. | 或许你这样觉得 但这决不是我做交易的风格 |
[44:37] | Well, it is now. Mind if I have a look? | 啊 现在是了 介意我看一下么? |
[44:37] | Well, it is now. Mind if I have a look? | 好吧 现在是了 不介意我检查一下吧? |
[44:40] | -Not if you don’t? -Be my guest. | -如果你不介意我也不介意 -请便 |
[44:40] | -Not if you don’t? -Be my guest. | -你不介意我就不介意 -请便 |
[44:57] | You think this is going to work? | 你觉得这样行得通么? |
[44:57] | You think this is going to work? | 你确定这样行得通? |
[44:59] | Oh, I’m sure of it. I’ll ring you when it’s done. | 哦 我很有把握 完事之后我会打电话给你的 |
[44:59] | Oh, I’m sure of it. I’ll ring you when it’s done. | 哦 当然 事成后我会打给你 |
[45:11] | He’s on his way. | 他在路上了 |
[45:17] | So how did it go? | 进展如何? |
[45:21] | Like a dream. | 跟做梦一样 |
[45:38] | You can’t kid a kidder! | 骗子怎么可能被骗! |
[45:40] | Boss. You’re a genius. This is sweet! | 老板 你真是个天才 太棒了 |
[45:47] | -Hello? -Hello, Mr Ridley. It’s Sarah on reception here. | -喂? -你好 Ridley先生 我是前台的Sarah |
[45:50] | Hello, love. | 你好 小美女 |
[45:52] | Erm, there are some policeman on their way up to see you. | 几位警察先生正要来见您 |
[45:55] | There’s police on their way up here. | 警察就要上来了 |
[45:58] | The police!? Why? Are we in trouble? Why are the police here? | 警察!? 为什么? 我们有麻烦了吗? 警察来干嘛? |
[46:01] | How would I know?! | 我怎么知道?! |
[46:10] | Hello? | 喂? |
[46:11] | Mr Ridley. It’s Sarah on reception again. | 你好 Ridley先生 还是我 前台的Ssrah |
[46:14] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[46:14] | The police are asking if you and your colleague would come downstairs and talk to them. | 警察问您和您的同事是否可以下楼来聊几句 |
[46:19] | They say it won’t take long. | 不会耽误您太长时间的 |
[46:20] | Fine. | 好的 |
[46:24] | They want us downstairs now. | 他们要我们马上下楼 |
[46:27] | -Us? -Yes, us! | -我们? -是的 我们! |
[46:39] | I’m Ridley. Where are they? | 我是Ridley 他们在哪儿? |
[46:42] | -Sorry, Mr Ridley, who? -The policemen. | -不好意思 Ridley先生 您说的谁? -警察 |
[46:44] | Sorry, which policemen? | 对不起 哪一位警察? |
[46:48] | Where’s Sarah? | Sarah在哪里? |
[46:49] | We don’t have a Sarah here. | 我们这里没有Sarah |
[46:51] | I’ve just spoken to her. | 我刚跟她通过电话 |
[46:55] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[47:14] | Where’s the money? | 钱都到哪里去了? |
[47:19] | They’ve nicked it! | 他们偷走了! |
[47:22] | Mr Ridley. Can I help? | Ridley先生 有什么我能帮您的? |
[47:25] | Damn right you can. I’ve been robbed. | 当然有 我被抢劫了 |
[47:32] | A receptionist called Sarah rang me | 一个叫Sarah的前台打给我 |
[47:34] | and said that there were police officers coming up to see me. | 说有警察要见我 |
[47:37] | We don’t have anyone called Sarah. | 我们这里没有叫Sarah的职员 |
[47:39] | So you said. | 这是你说的 |
[47:41] | Then she rang me again, and asked me to go downstairs to meet them. | 然后她又打了一次 说警察要求我下楼见面 |
[47:46] | I went downstairs and there were no police officers. | 我下楼了 但根本没有警察 |
[47:51] | We were out of this room for five minutes, | 我们离开房间仅仅5分钟 |
[47:55] | and someone stole cash from that safe. | 就有人偷了我保险箱里的现金 |
[48:01] | But Mr Ridley, there are absolutely no signs of forced entry. | 可是Ridley先生 这里明显没有强行进入的痕迹啊 |
[48:05] | And as I showed you downstairs, the CCTV footage only shows you | 而且我在楼下已经播给您看过了 监视器显示 |
[48:09] | and your colleague entering this room once. | 您和您的同事只进入了房间一次 |
[48:11] | Your camera only shows us going to the room | 你们的摄像头只拍到了 |
[48:15] | after we came back from reception. | 我们从前台回到房间的那次 |
[48:18] | We were in the room before that as well! | 在这之前我们一直在房间里! |
[48:22] | Not according the footage and neither was anyone else. | 监视器没有拍到 也没有其他人证 |
[48:27] | So, how are you suggesting they got in? | 那么 您说他们是怎么进来的呢? |
[48:30] | I don’t know! Through the door! | 我不知道! 从大门进来! |
[48:34] | Don’t tell me he got you to play hide and seek. | 别告诉我他又跟你玩捉迷藏 |
[48:37] | What is it with you lot? | 你到底怎么了? |
[48:38] | He’s very persuasive. It’s the eyes. | 他太有说服力了 他的眼睛 |
[48:40] | Yes, it’s definitely the eyes. | 是的 绝对是他的眼睛 |
[48:42] | Well, either that or you two are unbelievably gullible. | 要么是那样 或者 你们两个都是非一般的好骗 |
[48:45] | And did Ridley recognise you from the hotel? | Ridley认出你是酒店那个男孩了么? |
[48:54] | Don’t worry, son, we’ll sort it. | 别担心 孩子 我们会解决的 |
[49:00] | So what are his options? Well, he could walk away. | 他有什么选择? 呃 他可以带钱离开 |
[49:03] | But he won’t, will he. Not Ridley. | 但他不会的 对吧 这不是Ridley的风格 |
[49:05] | He’s asking us to put up half the money, | 他要求我们付一半的钱 |
[49:07] | to look like he’s going to go through with the bribe. | 让我们以为他是用这笔钱去行贿 |
[49:10] | But he’ll keep it. | 但他会自己留起来 |
[49:12] | Exactly. So how do we get it back? | 没错 那我们怎么把钱拿回来? |
[49:28] | Alfie Alfie, | |
[49:30] | you’re a bloody genius! | 你个天才小破孩儿! |
[49:35] | -So we know that Ridley’s on this floor, yeah? -Yeah. | -我们已知Ridley住在这一层 是吧? -是的 |
[49:38] | OK OK. | |
[49:40] | Excuse me. Could you tell me if suite 532 or 732 are available? | 你好 请问532或者732房间是否可以入住? |
[49:45] | I’d like to upgrade. | 我可以多付房费 |
[49:50] | Sean, you’ll need to access the hotel lift. | Sean 你要先控制酒店电梯 |
[50:05] | Make sure Ridley goes to the fifth floor. | 确保Ridley去到五楼 |
[50:12] | So how did it go? | 进展如何? |
[50:14] | Like a dream. | 美梦一场 |
[50:19] | We’ll need to send Ridley to room 532. | 我们得将Ridley送到532房间 |
[50:22] | But he’ll think it’s room 632. | 但让他以为自己进的是632房间 |
[50:32] | Mickey, make sure you swap Ridley’s key card. | Mickey 换掉Ridley的房卡 |
[50:40] | You think this is gonna work? | 你确定这样行得通? |
[50:42] | Oh, I’m sure of it. | 哦 当然 |
[50:52] | Hello, Mr Ridley, it’s, erm… Sarah on reception here. | -喂? -你好 Ridley先生 我是前台的Sarah |
[50:56] | There are some policemen on their way up to see you. | 几位警察先生正要来见您 |
[50:58] | The police? Why? | 警察! 为什么? |
[51:00] | Are we in trouble? Why are the police here? | 我们有麻烦了吗? 警察来干嘛? |
[51:02] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道?! |
[51:06] | I’m Ridley. Where are they? | 我是Ridley 他们在哪儿? |
[51:08] | -Sorry, Mr Ridley, who? -The policemen. | -不好意思 Ridley先生 您说的谁? -警察 |
[51:24] | -Where’s the money? -They’ve nicked it! | -钱都到哪里去了? -他们偷走了! |
[52:24] | 6 7 8 9 Six, seven, eight, nine. | |
[52:28] | Bingo. | 搞定 |
[52:35] | -Come on. -OK, go. | -快 -好的 走 |
[52:39] | Gentlemen! | 先生们! |
[52:40] | Raise your glasses. I give you the great British game show. | 举起酒杯 我们上演了英国最精彩的竞猜节目 |
[52:45] | Ding-dong, that’s my song! | 叮咚 那是我的歌! |
[52:52] | We went up in the lift, to the sixth floor and then we walked to the suite. | 我们坐电梯上到六楼 走进房间 |
[52:56] | Then why didn’t the CCTV see us? | 那为什么监控录像没有拍到我们? |
[52:58] | Maybe they messed with the cameras. | 可能他们修改了录像 |
[53:01] | Hey, what if the manager’s in on it? | 噢 如果经理也是他们一伙的呢? |
[53:03] | This is doing my head in, boss. Seriously, I give in. | 这事儿绞得我头疼 头儿 我是说真的 我不干了 |
[53:06] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说起来丫的轻松 |
[53:07] | 被丫的骗了25万的人又不是你! | |
[53:11] | Ding-dong, that’s my song! | 叮咚 那是我的歌! |
[53:15] | Piss off! | 给老子滚! |
[53:22] | You did good, kid. | 干得好 孩子 |
[53:25] | Actually, you were a complete liability. | 说起来 你小子完全是个累赘 |
[53:28] | But at least it was never boring. | 但这样至少没那么无趣 |
[53:30] | Nah, you’re gonna be great, son. | 呃 你会大有前途的 孩子 |
[53:32] | Cheers. I’ve loved every minute of it. | 欢呼吧 我在这里的每一分钟都过得很开心 |
[53:35] | And meeting you, Uncle Ash. | 很开心认识你 Ash叔叔 |
[53:38] | Y’know, properly. I’m really going to miss you. | 哦 真的 我一定会很想念你的 |
[53:41] | Hello? | 喂? |
[53:44] | Ah… Ah… | |
[53:47] | Yeah, well, me too, kid. | 嗯 呃 我也会想你的 孩子 |
[53:50] | Ash. Phone for you. Beezer. | Ash 你的电话 Beezer |
[53:54] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t the bloke that’s gonna be picking up | 哦哦哦 要不是为了接这个臭小子 |
[53:58] | the tab down here for the next year. | 你一百年都不会打给我吧 |
[54:01] | Yeah, all right, how’s it going? Yeah. | 嗯 好的 怎么样? 嗯 |
[54:07] | You what? Er, yeah, well, you know, I can only ask ’em. | 你什么? 呃 嗯 唔 你知道的 我得问问他们 |
[54:13] | Yeah, all right, ta-ta. | 嗯 好的 再见 |
[54:19] | He says he’s stuck in Berlin and wondered if we could | 他说他被困在柏林了 问我们能不能 |
[54:23] | have Alfie for another couple of weeks. | 再照顾Alfie几周 |
[54:29] | Well, yeah, sure, fine. | 呃 嗯 当然 好的 |
[54:34] | No, I’m just kidding! | 不 我只是在开玩笑 |
[54:35] | He’s in a cab, he’ll be here in five. | 他已经开车过来了 五点到 |
[54:40] | Hey, where’s Emma? | 诶 Emma呢? |
[54:41] | Oh, she’s taking one for the team. | 哦 她正代表我们做点事情 |
[55:32] | I’m gonna miss the kid, you know. | 我会想念这孩子的 |
[55:33] | Yeah, me too. | 嗯 我也是 |
[55:35] | Well, I think one fresh-faced kid on the team is enough. | 呃 我想团队里有一个新面孔的孩子足够了 |
[55:39] | Aw, thanks, Albert. | 哦 谢谢 Albert |
[55:42] | So how exactly did he manage to lose you Emma? | 那他到底是怎么甩掉你的呢 Emma? |
[55:44] | We’re five grand short. | 我们少了五千块 |
[55:45] | -Don’t change the subject. -No,I’m serious. | -别转移话题 -没 我是认真的 |
[55:47] | I counted this three times and we’re two bundles short. | 我已经数了三次了 确实少了两捆 |
[55:50] | Maybe Ridley mis-counted it. | 或许是Ridley数错了 |
[55:52] | He did think he was gonna get it all back after all. | 反正他计划要把钱都拿回来 |
[55:54] | No, he wouldn’t have taken the risk. | 不 他不会冒这样的风险 |
[55:57] | Let’s check the case. | 再检查下箱子 |
[55:59] | -No, nothing there. -Have you got any idea, Ash? | -没有 -你怎么看 Ash? |
[56:04] | Tell you what. | 这么说吧 |
[56:04] | If I can trick you out of some of the money you make from the con, | 如果我能从你们这一局赚到的钱里弄到一点儿 |
[56:07] | can I keep it? | 能给我么? |
[56:09] | Hang on, hang on, let me get this straight. | 等等 让我们先搞清楚 |
[56:10] | If you can trick me out of some of the money, I let you keep it? | 如果你能从我手里赚到钱的话 那就给你了? |
[56:16] | Deal? | 一言为定? |
[56:17] | Yeah, all right, deal. | 哦 好的 一言为定 |
[56:19] | I’m really gonna miss you. | 我一定会很想念你的 |
[56:24] | Yeah, me too, kid. | 嗯 我也会想你的 孩子 |
[56:40] | Nah. | 不 |
[56:42] | No, it’s a mystery to me. | 不不 这是我的小秘密 |