时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | You have one new message. | 您有一则新留言 |
[00:29] | Eric, hi. Me again. | 艾瑞克,又是我,我是丹尼 |
[00:31] | DVD. | |
[00:33] | Hey, I hope you enjoyed your two-week vacation. | 希望你的两周假期过得愉快 我一直联络不上你 但我想告诉你,我跟比尔谈过 |
[00:35] | I… I haven’t been able to get a hold of you | |
[00:37] | but I just wanted to let you know that I’ve spoken to Bill. | |
[00:39] | He’s all good with me handling annual compensation conversations | 他完全同意 明天由我代替你去谈年度报酬的事 |
[00:43] | tomorrow in your stead. | |
[00:44] | And I’ll make sure we get you paid when you’re back on Monday. Okay? | 你周一回来时 我们一定会让你拿到钱的 |
[00:47] | Okay. Cheers. | 那好,再见 |
[00:50] | Oh, by the way the bonus pool’s down on the year | 对了,今年的奖金比较少 |
[00:52] | but we can get into that when you’re back. | 不过这可以等你回来再谈 |
[00:54] | Okay, cheers. | 就这样,再见 |
[01:15] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[01:17] | Gardening. | 园艺 |
[01:21] | You burnt the meat. | 肉烤焦了 还好吗? |
[01:39] | – Hey. – You all right? | |
[01:41] | – Thank you. – Okay. | 谢谢 |
[01:55] | When are you going back to work? | 你什么时候回去上班? |
[01:57] | Why? Don’t you like having me around? | -怎么,不喜欢我在家吗? -还好 |
[02:00] | It’s fine. | |
[02:02] | “It’s fine”? | -还好? -是很好 |
[02:03] | It’s good. | |
[02:05] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[02:35] | Because you’re a third-year | 因为你才来第3年 总体薪酬最高只能到22万5 |
[02:36] | it’s mandatory to cap you at a 225 total comp. | |
[02:39] | The desk is down overall, but you’re up | 全组的业绩降低了 但你的年度业绩成长了将近一倍 |
[02:42] | almost a hundred percent year on year. | |
[02:45] | Since Jesse joined I’ve printed 25 million for the firm. | 杰西来了之后 我为公司赚了2500万 |
[02:49] | Take it from me | 听我一句 |
[02:50] | as someone who’s been paid at the top of the band every year | 我跟你一样还是分析师时 每年都是领俸给宽带的上限 |
[02:53] | since I was an analyst like you. | |
[02:54] | The band always felt like a brick wall. | 总会觉得俸给宽带像一道砖墙 |
[02:56] | “Pay me like the superstar I am, bitch!” | 明星业务该领像样的薪水吧 |
[03:01] | Look, there really is a cap. | 真的有上限 |
[03:02] | So promote me. | 那给我升职吧 |
[03:05] | All right, shall we put a dent in the paycheck | 要不要花大钱去喝几杯啤酒? |
[03:08] | with some overpriced pints? | |
[03:10] | Or… we could hit up All Bar One? It really pops off in there. | 或是去1号酒吧,那里很热闹 |
[03:16] | I’ve got dinner with Jesse tonight. | 我今天晚上要跟杰西吃饭 |
[03:22] | My “Black at Wharton” group chat don’t believe we’re covering him. | 我沃顿商学院的群组 不相信我们在帮他投资 |
[03:26] | I’d get a real kick out of telling them | 若能跟他们说我近距离 看过他吃牛排,一定超过瘾 |
[03:28] | I watched him eat a steak up close. | |
[03:30] | He’s a pretty private person. | 他是个很低调的人 |
[03:31] | It’s good we keep it intimate then. | 没问题,就咱们三个吃 |
[03:36] | Come on. | 别这样,让我见见 这个不开会的神秘客 |
[03:37] | Let me meet the man who doesn’t take meetings. | |
[03:40] | – Sure. – Yeah? | -好 -真的? |
[03:42] | As long as I lead. | 但是要让我主导 |
[03:44] | Why are you so territorial? | 你戒心干吗那么重? |
[03:52] | It does feels strange though, not coming from Eric. | 不是从艾瑞克手中拿到的 感觉怪怪的 |
[04:01] | Sidelining me… | 排挤我是一回事 |
[04:03] | is one thing. | |
[04:05] | Paying my guys down | 我的组今年业绩这么高 却在奖金上苛扣他们 我无法接受 |
[04:06] | when they’ve gotten through this hell year so well | |
[04:07] | that… that’s unacceptable to me. | |
[04:11] | Are you sure you don’t wanna sit this one out? | 你确定要出面? |
[04:13] | I pay my team. | 我小组的钱由我来发 轮不到某个曾经被我提拔的屁孩 |
[04:15] | Not some fucking kid who owes me his career. | |
[04:19] | You don’t just get to hand out the checks. | 不是发发支票那么简单 这是一种要努力争取的殊荣 |
[04:21] | That’s a privilege that you earn. | |
[04:27] | Is Danny that handsome black kid from Connecticut? | 丹尼是那个 来自康乃狄克州的帅黑人吗? |
[04:31] | He was a sweetie. | 他好可爱 |
[04:33] | Would we call him “handsome”? | 他那样算帅吗? |
[04:44] | It’s not like we need anything else. | 我们什么都不缺 |
[04:47] | These are formative years for our girls. | 这是我们女儿重要的成长阶段 |
[04:51] | They need you at home. | 她们需要你在家 |
[04:54] | Do not insinuate what I think you’re insinuating. | 不要话中有话,我听得出来 |
[04:57] | I’m as motivated and fresh as I’ve ever been. | 我跟以前一样积极,有活力 |
[05:00] | I have to do this face to face. | 我必须亲自处理这件事 |
[05:17] | So… | 准备把我家的基金 转到码点时 |
[05:19] | obviously in preparation for moving my family’s funds over to Pierpoint | |
[05:23] | our team here needs access to historical accounts. | 我们这里的团队 需要取得过去的纪录 |
[05:26] | Electronic is fine. Preferable, actually. | 给我电子档就好了 电子档也比较好 |
[05:29] | Your “team”? | 你的团队? 你已经过去了? |
[05:31] | You moved over, then? | |
[05:32] | No, not officially. | 还没有正式过去 |
[05:34] | But I kinda feel like this is some sort of practical interview. | 但我把这当作是某种"实务面谈" |
[05:41] | I don’t think this is the right time. | 我觉得现在时机不对 |
[05:44] | Honestly. | 老实说 令尊现在最不需要的就是变动 |
[05:46] | The last thing your father needs is any kind of instability | |
[05:48] | or lack of visibility about where his money is. | 或是搞不清楚自己的钱在哪里 |
[05:51] | Okay. With respect | 好,我无意失敬 |
[05:54] | I think I’m in more of a position to decide | 但我觉得我有资格决定 我们家族的钱怎么管理最好 |
[05:56] | what’s best for my family’s money. | |
[05:58] | I don’t need to tell you how naive that is. | 你这想法有多天真不必我说吧 |
[06:01] | It’s a planet-sized conflict of interest. | 这其中的利益冲突太严重了 |
[06:03] | A key tenet of smart investing is that it should be emotionless. | 聪明理财的最高指导原则 就是不能情绪化 |
[06:07] | Forgive me for getting personal | 不是我想扯上私事 |
[06:10] | but we both know your father’s in the midst of a divorce. | 但我们都知道你父亲正在办离婚 |
[06:12] | And as someone that’s actually | 以我过来人的经验 |
[06:15] | deeply across this stuff | |
[06:17] | now is the time for him to stay as liquid as possible. | 他现在需要的就是 尽可能地维持流动性 |
[06:22] | Is there a liquidity issue? | 流动性有问题吗? |
[06:29] | Can you just trust me? | 你能不能信任我? |
[06:37] | Thanks for doing all my thankless admin. | 多谢你帮我处理枯燥的行政工作 |
[06:42] | I know you’ve got that preliminary anti-trust meeting | 我知道你要跟专责委员会 开初步的反托拉斯会议 |
[06:44] | for the House Select Committee. | |
[06:45] | I prepped some talking points on OneMedical | 我准备了一些谈话要点 包括万医,莱肯,快助和蓝腾 |
[06:47] | Rican, FastAide, Lantum. | |
[06:50] | Great initiative, but I don’t need you doing that for now. | 我很欣赏你的主动 但我现在还不需要你做这些 |
[06:54] | Maybe I could sit in on one of the sessions? | 开会我可以去旁听吗? |
[06:55] | Where’s that woman, eh? | -那个女人在哪里? -可恶,又是那个疯子 这里交给你了 |
[06:57] | Fuck. Not this nutter again. Just hold the fort here. | |
[07:00] | I know this doesn’t seem like the most glamorous work | 我知道这不是最体面的工作 |
[07:03] | but we like our constituents to know that they have the ear of their MP. | 但是我们希望让选民知道 议员会听他们的心声 |
[07:07] | – Please. – I need to see her now. | |
[07:09] | Maybe you can come back tomorrow, sir. | 先生,请你明天再来 |
[07:12] | Some pricks learn to love having the Tory boot | 过了这么多年,有些人已经 学会享受被保守党欺凌的滋味 |
[07:15] | on their throat after so many years, yeah. | |
[07:18] | They grow accustomed to it. | 他们习惯了 |
[07:21] | Me, I… do I look like a bootlicker, eh? | -你觉得我看起来像马屁精吗? -不像,完全不像 |
[07:24] | No. No you don’t. Not at all. | |
[07:26] | Someone’s been leaving shit outside me house as a threat. | 有人在我家门口放排泄物恐吓我 |
[07:30] | I come here and nothing gets done. | 我来找你们,一点用都没有 |
[07:31] | Your boss is never here. | 你们的上司永远不在 |
[07:35] | I’m a fuckin’ constituent. | 我是天杀的选民 |
[07:37] | This is the constituency office, isn’t it? | 这不是选区办公室吗? |
[07:40] | I want the elected official, not mini-me. | 我要找的是我选出来的官员 不是他的走狗 |
[07:44] | I would ask someone to look into it | 我也想要求你们派人调查 但感觉是白费力气,没错吧? 所以就这样,好好享受吧 该死的保守党 |
[07:46] | but it’s like pissing up a wall, isn’t it? | |
[07:48] | Hey… so here we are. | |
[07:53] | Enjoy that, you Maggie-lovin’ cunt. | |
[08:00] | Do you think he votes Labour? | 你猜他是投工党吗? |
[08:08] | I love the design of vintage Hanani classics. | 我喜欢经典哈纳尼的设计 |
[08:11] | With the fuchsia spines. I used to love those. | 还有桃红色书脊,我以前好爱 |
[08:15] | I really don’t like the look of the new stuff. | 我真的不喜欢新的东西 |
[08:18] | You know, they’ve done that high-fashion thing | 他们学高级时装设计 全部改用无衬线体 |
[08:19] | of making everything sans-serif. | |
[08:23] | I don’t think my dad’s across those kinds of decisions anymore. | 我爸现在大概不会参与那些决策了 |
[08:25] | No, of course not. | 当然 |
[08:27] | I guess when they sold it cheap to KKR | 当他们贱价卖给KKR集团 应该也放弃了创意上的决策权吧 |
[08:30] | they relinquished all creative control. | |
[08:38] | I’m actually having a bit of trouble | 我做尽职调查的时候 麦辛不太合作 |
[08:40] | wrangling Maxim for the due diligence. | |
[08:43] | Let me guess, you stopped sleeping with him and now he’s pouting? | 我来猜,你不跟他上床 他就闹别扭了? |
[08:47] | Fragile male ego. | 男人就是玻璃心 |
[08:51] | It was good of your father to invite me. | 你爸真客气,还邀请我 |
[08:54] | I invited you. | 是我邀请你的 |
[09:11] | – Hey. – Hi. | |
[09:12] | (French) How are you? | -(法语)你好吗? -(法语)我很好,你呢? |
[09:13] | (French) Fine, and you? | |
[09:16] | Where’s my father? | 我父亲呢? |
[09:20] | Papa got tickets to Rigoletto last minute. | 我爸在开演前买了"弄臣"的票 请他一起看歌剧了 |
[09:22] | Invited him. | |
[09:25] | I’m gonna let you two catch up. | 你们两个聊吧 |
[09:31] | Rigoletto? | -"弄臣"? -"弄臣" |
[09:32] | Rigoletto. | |
[09:35] | Just double checking | 我要再问一下 我们之间没问题吧? |
[09:37] | we don’t have an issue… | |
[09:39] | do we? | |
[09:40] | Why would we have an issue? | 怎么会有问题呢? |
[09:42] | Okay. So… | 那我家的事 你反应为什么这么慢? |
[09:45] | why are you being so obtuse with me when it comes to my family? | |
[09:50] | Did you know we have nothing to do with this anymore? | 你知道我们跟这一切 都没关系了吧? |
[09:53] | Of course I did. | 当然知道 |
[09:56] | Why does nobody fucking communicate with me? | 那为什么没有人跟我说? |
[09:59] | People want to protect you, Yasmin. | 雅思敏,大家是想保护你 |
[10:00] | I don’t need that paternalistic fucking bullshit. | 我不需要这种温情主义的鬼话 |
[10:04] | God, I thought you were mature enough to let us fucking go. | 我以为你够成熟能够放下了 |
[10:07] | We fucked twice. | 我们上过两次床 |
[10:09] | You hold it over my head like I fucking owe you something. | 你现在仿佛像是我欠你的 |
[10:15] | Are you fucking high? | 你是不是嗑药了? |
[10:20] | I just wanna know where my family’s money is. | 我只想知道我家的钱在哪里 |
[10:24] | You want a list? | 你要我列出来吗? 是一份多元化经营的大杂烩 |
[10:25] | It’s a mishmash of diversification. | |
[10:28] | Gaudy condos in Miami | 迈阿密的俗气公寓 赫尔辛基的廉价连锁饭店 |
[10:29] | some two-bit fucking hotel chain in Helsinki | |
[10:32] | a rapeseed oil renewable energy start-up in Gdansk. | 位于格但斯克 研究菜籽油可再生能源的新创公司 |
[10:36] | The Hanani name? | 哈纳尼的名字? 你跟那家出版社已经没有关系了 你能不能就老实跟我说? |
[10:38] | Well, you have nothing to do with the publishing house anymore. | |
[10:52] | Just speak to your father. | 去问你父亲吧 |
[11:00] | I saw you speaking to Maxim. | 我看到你刚刚在跟麦辛说话 |
[11:03] | Did he acquiesce? | 他同意了吗? |
[11:06] | Yeah. It’s all sorted. | 对,都说好了 男人都高唱男女平等 但女人如果像男人就不算数 他尝到甜头就得寸进尺 |
[11:30] | Pick it up. | 捡起来 |
[11:34] | Pick the note up. | 帮我捡起来 |
[12:08] | (French) Thank you. | (法语)谢谢 |
[12:19] | FastAide is a traditional brick and mortar physical pharmacy, right? | 快助是传统的实体药局,对吧? |
[12:22] | Oh yeah, sure. | 对,跟沃尔格林一样 随处可见的刺眼店面 |
[12:23] | Like Walgreens. An eyesore on every corner. | |
[12:26] | And we know behemoths like Amazon and Apple | 我们知道亚马逊和苹果等大企业 都想跨足医疗保健 |
[12:28] | are looking to consolidate in the healthcare space and part of that | |
[12:31] | is via circling these slow-death high-street retail spaces | 其一做法是锁定这些 租金高昂但逐渐凋亡的零售空间 |
[12:33] | with nosebleed short bases. | |
[12:35] | Now, the biggest issue facing telemedicine | 远距医疗现在面临的最大问题 就是"最后一哩的照护" |
[12:37] | is the “last mile” of care. | |
[12:38] | The pipeline of people needing annual booster shots is endless | 每年需要 补强疫苗注射的人多不胜数 |
[12:41] | and you can’t get a shot online. | 疫苗又不能在网上注射 |
[12:42] | Not yet. Until iPhone gets that retractable syringe. | 现在还不行 就等苹果手机配备伸缩式针筒 |
[12:46] | Only so many times you can upgrade a fuckin’ camera, right? | 镜头升级这套不能永远玩下去 |
[12:49] | But for now, you need a physical location. | -但目前还必须去实体注射站 -对 |
[12:51] | Yeah. | |
[12:52] | – What’s your take on this? – It’s compelling. | -你的看法呢? -很有趣 |
[12:55] | But slightly reductive | 但稍嫌不足,顶多只能当作 收购的目标吧? |
[12:57] | in the sense that the bull case is what? | |
[12:59] | That it’s an acquisition target? | |
[13:04] | I still think Rican is the telemedicine play | 我还是觉得如果要进军远距医疗 莱肯是最好的选择 |
[13:07] | and you could not be in a better position for it now. | |
[13:10] | But as you say, Jesse already owns that. | 但你也说了 莱肯已经是杰西的了 |
[13:11] | It’s compelling. | 很有意思,而且我得承认 你还蛮耐看的 |
[13:13] | And I gotta concede you’re oddly watchable. | |
[13:16] | I feel like I’m talking to a young congressman. | 好像在跟年轻议员讲话 |
[13:20] | Well, thank you, guys. | 谢谢你们,我好久没有来 真正的城市男孩酒馆了 |
[13:22] | It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a real city-boy pub. | |
[13:25] | Try the steak and kidney pie. | 试试他们的牛肉腰子派 |
[13:28] | Yeah. I’ve got dinner, actually. | 我已经吃过晚餐了 |
[13:31] | Oh. I thought this was dinner. | -我以为我们是约吃饭 -李欧突然有空 |
[13:32] | Well, Leo had a window on short notice. So… | |
[13:36] | Anyways, good to see you guys. | 不过很高兴见到你们 |
[13:37] | Yeah. Let’s do this again. | 是啊,改天再约 |
[13:42] | – Thanks. – All right. Thanks, man. | -谢了 -谢谢你 |
[13:43] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[13:45] | – All right. See you. – Bye. | -之后见 -再见 |
[13:48] | I hope that gets you your clout for your group chat. | 希望这样能增加你在同学群组的分量 |
[13:52] | Hundred percent. | 这当然 |
[14:35] | No. Stop… stop. | 不可以,停‥ |
[14:39] | This is a lot. | 这太快了 |
[14:42] | I don’t usually let people in here. | 我通常不让人进这里 |
[14:45] | Where? | 哪里? |
[14:48] | Definitely not there. | 绝对不是那里 |
[14:54] | No, don’t…don’t. | 不要‥ |
[14:56] | You don’t wanna see this old bag of spanners. | 你不会想看我这个老太婆的 |
[15:02] | Actually, yeah, you’re right. | 其实你说得对 |
[15:04] | You bastard! | 你这个混蛋 |
[15:29] | Softer. | 轻一点 |
[15:33] | Yeah. Yeah, like that. | 对,这样就对了 |
[15:40] | I bet your other girls actually let you fuck them. | 我打赌你其他的女人 会让你上她们 |
[15:43] | What other girls? | 什么其他女人? |
[15:50] | By the way… | 对了,我们今天早上 最好的建议是做多快助 |
[15:53] | our best idea this morning was long FastAide. | |
[15:58] | FastAide Chemist Group. We like it as a buy. | 快助化学集团 我们觉得可以入手 |
[16:04] | What? | 什么? |
[16:06] | My God. | 天啊 |
[16:08] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[16:12] | What’s next? | 接下来呢? |
[16:14] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了,我太太规定我 周间午夜之前要回家 |
[16:15] | My wife has me on a midnight curfew mid-week. | |
[16:48] | – Excrement. – Yeah. | 大便,对,是狗大便 |
[16:50] | Dog shit. | |
[16:52] | Whose dog shit? | 谁家的狗拉的? |
[16:54] | Maybe I should call in a favor with Phil Boon. | 也许我该跟菲尔布恩讨个人情 送去鉴识一下 |
[16:56] | Send it off for forensics. | |
[16:57] | – Isn’t he a gynecologist? – Retrained as a vet. | -他不是妇产科医师吗? -他念过兽医系 |
[17:00] | I just like, don’t understand how someone | 我不懂 你受过这么良好的教育 怎么能甘心做这种事? |
[17:02] | as well-educated as you | |
[17:05] | is like, satisfied doing that. | |
[17:07] | What, helping people? | 你是说帮助人吗? |
[17:09] | Because that’s why you got into it… helping people. | 是哦,帮助人就是你从政的初衷 |
[17:12] | Do your parents know what you’re doing? | 你爸妈知道你在做什么吗? 他们不会同意吧 |
[17:15] | I can’t imagine them co-signing this. | |
[17:17] | My parents still think I’m at Pierpoint. | 我爸妈以为我还在码点 |
[17:22] | Mr. Sackey. | 报告老师,可以打分数了 |
[17:24] | I’m ready to be evaluated. | |
[17:26] | You’re still here? | 你还在这里? |
[17:28] | Yeah, I left briefly for FaceTime with Jesse | 对,我刚刚出去补货 还有跟杰西视讯 |
[17:31] | and to get supplies. | |
[17:32] | I weirdly love that kid. | 我还蛮爱这孩子的 |
[17:34] | Okay, I’m just gonna say this | 我得说一句,我不是想干涉 你怎么对你自己的身体 |
[17:35] | and I’m not trying to tell you like, what to do with your body | |
[17:38] | but please bear in mind who introduced you to that kid | 但是请不要忘记 那个孩子是我介绍给你的 |
[17:41] | and… | 还有你的行为会对我有什么影响 |
[17:42] | how your actions might reflect back on me. | |
[17:46] | Would we refer to him as a child? | -还要说他是孩子吗? -对 |
[17:47] | – Yes. – Look mate, if he’s legal | 如果他成年了,那就随你去吧 |
[17:50] | go with God. | |
[17:52] | And with God | 那我就去了 |
[17:53] | I go. | |
[17:54] | I’m going. | 我现在要走了 |
[17:55] | I’m going now. | |
[18:01] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[18:02] | So what do you make of all that? | 你有什么想法? |
[18:04] | The dick wants what the dick wants, sadly. | 如果真的想搞,谁都挡不住 |
[18:07] | Amen. | -阿门 -真的是 |
[18:09] | Fucking hell. | |
[18:12] | That’s on you, babe. | 你去开门 |
[18:19] | Your neighbor that looks like Jonah Hill let me in. | 长得像乔纳希尔的邻居 让我进来的 |
[18:28] | Can I get a glass? | -可以给我一杯吗? -好 |
[18:29] | Yeah. | |
[18:30] | Two secs, I need to piss like a fucking racehorse. | 等我一下,我尿好急 |
[18:37] | – Right, I’m gonna kick. – Please don’t. Please don’t. | 我要去睡了 拜托别走,再待一下下 这样好尴尬 |
[18:39] | Can you just stay for like, a sec? This is fucking awkward. | |
[18:44] | Mate. | 朋友,我没有办法满足她的需要 |
[18:45] | She’s got needs that I can’t meet. | |
[18:48] | Good celebration, yeah? | 今天庆祝得真过瘾 |
[18:50] | I thought they paid me well | 我以为他们给我的钱很多了 但我忘了竞争对手是谁 |
[18:51] | but then I forgot who my competition was. | |
[18:53] | They paid you well? | -他们给你的钱很多? -干吗这么惊讶? |
[18:54] | Why is that a surprise? | |
[18:56] | I just heard that the desk was down overall, but… | 我只是听说本组的业绩下降了 但很高兴你混得不错 |
[18:58] | it’s good that you’re doing well. | |
[19:00] | Nicole really is one of one. | 妮可真的很特别 |
[19:03] | The other day she gave me | 前几天她对客家山餐厅的每个客人 都做了导演讲评 |
[19:04] | a director’s commentary of every punter in Hakkasan. | |
[19:07] | She’s a funny fucker. | 她真的很逗 |
[19:08] | Well, I’m glad she’s keeping it professional. | 很高兴她能保持专业 |
[19:12] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[19:15] | Oh no, no. I… it’s nothing, it’s nothing, really. | 没有,我没什么意思,她只是‥ |
[19:18] | She just… | |
[19:21] | We had like, a moment. | 我们暧昧过 |
[19:24] | What kind of moment? Like, like a moment with you? | 怎样暧昧,跟你吗? |
[19:29] | No, it’s not a big deal. She just got a little… | 没什么大不了的,她就是‥ |
[19:36] | She gets what she wants. She’s Nicole, right? She’s fine. | 她要的东西都会到手 妮可嘛,她是很棒的人 |
[19:51] | Okay. | 好,晚安 |
[19:53] | Night. | |
[20:04] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉‥ |
[20:07] | I’m unduly stressed about something that shouldn’t be causing me stress. | 我被不该给我压力的事情 搞得压力好大 |
[20:11] | You mean that nutcase? | 你说那个神经病? 为什么? |
[20:13] | Why the fuck? | |
[20:15] | Because it’s my fucking job. | 因为那是我的工作 |
[20:17] | I don’t wanna just pay lip service to it. | 我不想只是耍嘴皮子 |
[20:19] | I haven’t worked in a year. | 我已经一年没工作了 |
[20:22] | Well, fine then. | 好吧 |
[20:24] | Shall we… | 那要不要回去办公室‥ |
[20:27] | go back into the office? | |
[20:31] | Do a taste test? | 来个评味试验? 你怎么知道是狗的? |
[20:36] | I mean, how do you even know it’s a dog? | |
[20:41] | South London, innit? Might be a fox. | 这里是伦敦南区 可能是狐狸 |
[20:51] | Speaking of lip service. | 说到耍嘴皮子 |
[21:10] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? 我不喜欢在厕所 |
[21:13] | I hate doing it in the loo. | |
[21:15] | – We are celebrating. – Are we? | -我们在庆祝 -是吗? |
[21:18] | We got paid? | 因为我们拿到钱了 |
[21:21] | Yes. Yes. | 对‥没错 |
[21:24] | ‘Course we did. | |
[21:26] | Pocket money, right? | 只是零用钱,对吧? |
[21:28] | Barely touches the sides. | -口袋都装不满 -我开玩笑的 |
[21:30] | I’m kidding. | |
[21:32] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:35] | I’m weirdly not. | 但我不是 |
[21:40] | I didn’t think about money once during the year out. | 我这一年从没有想到钱 一次都没有 |
[21:43] | Not once. | |
[21:46] | Okay, if you thought that I was gonna absolve you | 如果你以为我会免除 你冒充有钱白人的罪恶感‥ |
[21:48] | of whatever | |
[21:50] | rich white-passing guilt | |
[21:51] | – you might have… – I’m not doing that. | 我才不是这个意思 我也没有罪恶感 |
[21:55] | I don’t feel guilty. | |
[21:58] | Not in the way I usually do when I wake up. | 反正不是我通常起床后的 那种罪恶感 |
[22:02] | I spent COVID going from enormous kitchen to enormous kitchen “seshing” | 疫情期间我在豪宅嗑药 |
[22:06] | and not once did I think about money. | 压根儿没有想过钱的问题 |
[22:10] | And then I became obsessed | 后来我着了魔一般 要找一套完美的白色睡衣 |
[22:11] | with finding the perfect white pajamas. Right? | |
[22:14] | So on one tab, there’d be these fucking pajamas. | 我开了一个分页浏览一堆睡衣 |
[22:16] | On the other tab, it would be these images | 另一个分页 是纽约堆积如山的尸体 还有惨淡的经济,全都在荧幕上 |
[22:19] | of piles of bodies in New York. You know, the economy | |
[22:22] | all that shit, all through a fucking screen. | |
[22:24] | So I’d cycle through them, you know? | 我轮流看着这些东西 |
[22:28] | I was too fucked to sleep. | 心情糟到睡不着 然后买四,五个尺码的睡衣 |
[22:29] | And then I’d buy these pajamas in four or five sizes | |
[22:34] | and the returns would be all marked up for my convenience. | 而且退货资料都写好了 但是那些睡衣我都还留着 |
[22:37] | I still have every single pair. | |
[22:40] | The ones that fit me made me feel really fucking good for a bit. | 穿得合身的 会让我短暂地自我感觉良好 |
[22:45] | The worst part is, I think it was the best fucking summer of my life. | 最糟的是 我觉得这是我生平最爽的夏天 |
[22:50] | All I had to worry about was pajamas. | 我要担心的只有睡衣 |
[23:03] | Why’d you come here, Yas? | 小雅,你来做什么? |
[23:06] | If you wanted to talk at someone you could have gone to a bar or… | 想找人听你说话可以去酒吧 |
[23:10] | God, you’re so fucking cynical! | 你真的有够愤世嫉俗 |
[23:21] | Do you ever wonder where you’d be without money? | 你有没有想过 你没钱的话会去哪里? |
[23:24] | I know exactly where I’d be without money. | 我知道我会在哪里 |
[23:28] | I’m gonna get you some water. Please drink it. | 我去帮你倒水,拜托喝掉 |
[24:17] | Eric, I heard you were in the building | 艾瑞克 你还没进门,我就知道你来了 |
[24:18] | before you stepped through the door. | |
[24:20] | Glad to hear my name still precedes me here. | 很高兴我还是名声远播 |
[24:22] | “The Terminator”! Notorious. How’s… how’s Candace? | 你可是大名鼎鼎的终结者啊 康迪丝好吗? |
[24:25] | It’s relentless. | 还是一样无情 |
[24:27] | Listen, I’ve got a mini emergency. | 听着,我有个小危机 |
[24:29] | James Gorman wants a powwow with the street-wide heads of FICC. | 詹姆斯高曼要跟 外汇及大宗商品的各主管开会 |
[24:31] | A meeting of the five families. | 五大家族高峰会 |
[24:33] | The food’ll be worse. | 吃得没那么好 |
[24:34] | Morgan Stanley calling the shots. | 做主的是摩根史坦利 跌破大家眼镜 我们都是日本人的奴隶 |
[24:35] | A cold day in hell. Slaves to the Japanese. | |
[24:38] | We bomb them. They buy our banks. The world turns. | 当年我们轰炸他们 现在他们买咱们的银行,风水轮流转 |
[24:40] | Bill, I came all the way here. | 比尔,我大老远来找你 |
[24:42] | I’d make time for you at the drop of a hat | 你只要有空我随时候教 |
[24:44] | and knowing you, I can’t envisage | 根据我对你的了解 我想说的话绝对不会超过20分钟 |
[24:45] | what I need to say taking longer than 20 minutes. | |
[24:48] | Listen, I can clear a full day for you tomorrow. | 我可以把明天整天空下来给你 |
[24:50] | Chris can set you up in an office. | 克里斯能帮你安排办公室 |
[24:52] | – After you. – Actually… | 你先请 其实我要给你一个惊喜 你一定会喜欢的 |
[24:55] | I’ve gotta a surprise for you. You’re gonna love this. | |
[24:57] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[25:04] | So, I… | 我猜你应该会很想 用你师父的旧办公室 |
[25:06] | thought you’d get a kick out of working | |
[25:07] | out of your mentor’s old office. | |
[25:10] | Ah, Newman. | 纽曼 |
[25:11] | Poor bastard worked right up until the end | 那可怜家伙一直工作到最后一刻 办公室也就空着 |
[25:13] | and we haven’t had a reason to move anyone in. | |
[25:16] | Right. Enjoy. You’re home. Let’s pick this up tomorrow. | 好好享用吧,你回家了 我们明天谈 |
[26:12] | Hello. | -喂? -我想回复你的语音留言 |
[26:13] | I thought I’d do you the courtesy of acknowledging your voicemail. | |
[26:17] | Yeah, you didn’t get back to me and people needed to get paid. | 对,你一直没有回复 大家都等着拿钱 |
[26:21] | Kids can’t take a hint. | 你们这些孩子真不识相 |
[26:24] | All right. How was your mandatory? You get away? | 休假如何? 有没有去哪里玩? |
[26:27] | A holiday was far from my mind, Daniel. | 丹尼尔,我压根儿没想到放假的事 |
[26:31] | In truth… | 其实我一直睡不着 |
[26:34] | I’ve been struggling to sleep. | |
[26:39] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[26:43] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[26:46] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[26:49] | Dealer board says you’re in the Broadway office. | 机座显示你在百老汇办公室 |
[26:57] | Eric? You still there? | 艾瑞克? 你还在吗? |
[27:07] | Yeah. You? | 在,你呢? |
[27:10] | Excuse me? Yeah, I’m still here. | 你说什么? 对,我还在 |
[27:13] | No. No, you’re not. | 错了,你不在了 因为我正在跟一张空椅子说话 |
[27:17] | Because I’m now talking to an empty seat. | |
[27:25] | Fuck. | 该死的 |
[27:39] | All good? | 没事吧? |
[27:41] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:42] | I just need to get off the desk and make a quick call. | 我出去打一通电话 |
[27:44] | You’re gonna leave me here alone? | 要把我一个人丢在这里? |
[27:47] | No. | 不是啦 |
[27:53] | Look, I wanna trust you | 听着,我很想相信你 |
[27:56] | and if we’re being transparent with each other | 如果我们要对彼此坦诚 |
[27:58] | I know what lights Bloom up. | 我知道布鲁喜欢什么 |
[28:00] | That’s like the point of being close to a client | 亲近客户的目的 就是要知道他们的喜好 |
[28:03] | is like you know what animates them. | |
[28:06] | I wanna do that by myself. | 我想一个人做 |
[28:08] | I understand Bloom needs to make room in his fund for FastAide but | 我明白布鲁必须找钱买快助 |
[28:11] | it’s a screaming buy at such depressed levels. | 但快助现在的价钱低,不买可惜 |
[28:14] | Yeah, I’m not saying that it’s not a good thesis. | -我不是说你的理论不好 -至少考虑跟他提吧 |
[28:15] | Okay, well, then just think about taking it to him. | |
[28:18] | I will think about it. | 我会考虑的,我很保护地盘 我是被狼养大的孩子 |
[28:20] | Territorial right. | |
[28:21] | – I was raised by wolves. – Sure. | |
[28:26] | Who are your parents? | 你爸妈是谁 你不介意我问的话 没问题,我完全不介意 |
[28:28] | – If you don’t mind me asking. – No, it’s not. It’s totally fine. | |
[28:33] | Well… | 我爸跟他的学生上床了 |
[28:35] | my dad slept with one of his students. | |
[28:39] | My mom. | 就是我妈 |
[28:40] | – Wow. – Yeah. | |
[28:42] | One week in Greenwich, one in Brooklyn. | 我轮流住格林威治和布鲁克林 |
[28:45] | Dislocated. I get that. | 居无定所,我懂 |
[28:48] | Part of me always feels like I deserve the world | 有一部分的我 总觉得世界应该属于我 |
[28:51] | and part of me feels kinda… | 但是另一部分又‥ |
[28:55] | Less than? | 自觉不足? |
[28:57] | That’s the word. | 这么说就对了 |
[29:02] | Yeah. It’s the… | 艾瑞克对这种情绪特别敏锐 |
[29:04] | it’s the thing Eric smells on people like blood. | |
[29:07] | He gets validated by the idea of creating people in his image | 他喜欢把别人打造成他的样子 |
[29:12] | until they become him… but younger. | 直到对方变成年轻版的他 这会让他无法忍受 |
[29:17] | And he can’t fucking live with it. | |
[29:21] | Well, if he can’t pull his own weight then he should move aside. | 既然他没办法做好份内事 就应该让开 |
[29:25] | You sound just like him. | 你讲话跟他好像 |
[29:27] | You love it. | 你才喜欢呢 |
[29:30] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[29:33] | My mom moved to the US when she was 17. | 我妈十七岁时搬去美国 |
[29:37] | I think that’s probably where she married my dad. | 我想这大概是她嫁给我爸的原因 |
[29:39] | – Right. – She fled communist Hungary | 她逃离共产党匈牙利 成为冷酷无情的美国资本主义者 |
[29:41] | to try and become a ruthless American capitalist. | |
[29:46] | She didn’t really let us see our dad. | 她不太让我们跟爸爸见面 |
[29:48] | Is your dad still in the picture? | 你爸还在吗? |
[29:50] | He seduced her then married her, so… | 他先是引诱我妈,然后娶了她 |
[29:53] | What about yours? | 你爸呢? |
[29:56] | Just me, my mom and my brother. | 我们家就只有我,我妈和我哥 |
[29:58] | That sounds tight. | 感觉关系很紧密 |
[30:00] | Actually, my mom was a fucking reptile growing up, so… | 其实我妈在我们小时候很冷血 所以有点像是 我跟我哥联合对抗她 |
[30:03] | it kinda became me and my brother against her. | |
[30:08] | She put a lot of pressure on him and he… | 她给我哥的压力很大 |
[30:13] | he kind of ran away. | 所以他跑了 |
[30:20] | But he’s in Berlin, right? | 他在柏林,是吧? |
[30:27] | How do you remember that? | 你怎么还记得? |
[30:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[30:33] | Are you for real? | 你认真的吗? |
[30:36] | You seem so well-adjusted. | 你看起来适应良好 |
[30:43] | How have you survived this long? | 你是怎么撑这么久的? |
[30:46] | This is all that I am. | 我这个人就是这样 |
[30:50] | Face value. | 只有表面 我们的寿司到哪里去了? |
[30:58] | What? Where’s our fucking Sushi Sambas? | |
[31:01] | I ordered an hour ago. | 我一个小时前就点餐了 |
[31:07] | There is a great Chinese place by me. | 我住的地方附近 有一家很棒的中餐馆 |
[31:14] | Okay. | |
[31:17] | Let me just make that call first. | -我先打完那通电话 -好 我马上回来 |
[31:19] | – Okay. – All right, I’ll be back. | |
[31:26] | I did not believe them when they said it! | 他们说的时候我还不相信 |
[31:29] | (Cantonese) What the heck? You pervert! | 有没有搞错,咸湿佬 |
[31:32] | Do my eyes deceive me or is this Horny Jimmy? | 是我眼睛花了 真的是咸湿吉米吗? |
[31:38] | You, I’ve seen more recently. | 你嘛‥我最近才见过 |
[31:40] | She actually still comes here. | 她还会上门光顾 |
[31:42] | – How you been? – Good, good. | 你近来好吗? 很好‥我还担心这里倒了 |
[31:44] | I was scared I’d come here and find it all boarded up. | |
[31:47] | Yeah. It’s been tough but we weathered it. | 是啊,日子不好过 但是我们撑过来了 |
[31:50] | Bit of trouble here and there. | -不过还是有些小麻烦 -什么样的麻烦? -你知道的 -美国最恶劣的人越来越嚣张 |
[31:52] | – What kind of trouble? – You know. | |
[31:55] | The worst people in this country feel a lot braver. | |
[32:02] | I’ll send someone right over. | 我叫人来帮你们点餐 |
[32:04] | Hey, sorry again about your husband. | 你丈夫的事很遗憾 纽曼是个很特别的人 谢谢你 |
[32:06] | – Newman was one of a kind. – Thanks. | |
[32:10] | You know that Chris Rock joke? | 克里斯洛克说过一个笑话 |
[32:13] | Being a minority in America is like the uncle | 在美国身为少数族裔 就像帮你付大学学费 但是猥亵你的叔叔 |
[32:17] | who paid your way through college but molested you. | |
[32:23] | Come on. You know… | 别这样,你也知道纽曼很没口德 |
[32:24] | Newman had his way with words. | |
[32:27] | He’d call me “pan face,” “slope” | 他叫我大饼脸,眯眯眼 他的小吃饭仔 |
[32:32] | his little “rice-eater.” | |
[32:33] | All laced with affection, of course. | 当然都是充满了关爱 |
[32:38] | In 28 years of marriage, I never heard him speak like that. | 我跟他结婚28年 从来没听他讲过这种话 |
[32:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:47] | I’m sure you know that’s not who he was. | 但你一定知道他不是那种人 |
[32:50] | No, it… it wasn’t all that he was | 他不全然是那种人 |
[32:55] | but it was him. | 但他确实是这样 |
[32:59] | Doesn’t mean I didn’t love him. | 这不代表我不爱他 |
[33:04] | He got the best out of me. | 他激发出我最好的一面 |
[33:11] | Do you remember coming here at lunch during the grad class? | 还记得我们念研究所时 来这里吃午饭吗? |
[33:16] | Yeah. | 记得,我们一个人可以喝五杯 |
[33:17] | We’d inhale five of these. | |
[33:21] | Was there ever any overlap? | 我们之间重叠过吗? |
[33:27] | What? Between us fucking and me fucking our boss? | 你是说我跟你搞的同时 还跟上司搞? |
[33:31] | Oh, to be young again. | 年轻真好 |
[33:36] | Okay. | |
[33:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:07] | – Are you clean? – I can double-bag it. | -你没病吧? -我可以戴两个套子 |
[34:20] | Sorry, I taste… I taste like chow mein. | 抱歉,我有炒面的味道 |
[34:23] | Burp in my face then. I’m a fan. | 那就对着我的脸打嗝吧 我爱吃炒面 |
[34:25] | – Oh, my God. – I’m just fucking with you. | -天啊 -闹你的 |
[34:28] | I do like to eat ass though. It’s just like, my predilection. | 不过我喜欢吃女生的后面 这是我的喜好 |
[34:32] | No problem on this end. | 我没意见 -我要射了 -好,射在我身上 |
[35:15] | – I’m gonna come. – Okay. | |
[35:35] | How about that predilection? | 你的喜好呢? |
[35:39] | I don’t like to discriminate between the ass and the pussy. | 我前后都爱 |
[35:44] | That tastes fucking excellent | 好美味 |
[35:49] | So what is it you want now? | 你现在究竟要什么? |
[35:53] | I want the check and some sleep. | 支票和睡眠 |
[36:02] | You know, I love that focus. | 我喜欢那种专注 |
[36:04] | A man passing through on a contract. | 签约的过客 这次遭殃的会是谁? |
[36:07] | Who’s gonna get got? | |
[36:09] | “Reasonable people doing reasonable things. | "合理的人做合理的事 对我们有什么好处?" |
[36:13] | Where does that get us?” | |
[36:14] | “Unreasonable people, doing unreasonable things. | "不合理的人做不合理的事 我们因而重要" |
[36:18] | That’s how we begin to matter.” | |
[36:21] | My God. | 天啊,他真的把我们整惨了 |
[36:23] | He really fucked us up. | |
[36:33] | “All I want is to enter my house justified.” | "我只想堂而皇之地走进我家" |
[36:39] | I earned a right to be there. | 我争取到在那里的权利 |
[36:44] | I earned my place. | 我的位置是我争取来的 |
[36:46] | Big man in the big house. | 大海里的龙王 |
[36:50] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[36:55] | Sometimes I think… | 有时候我觉得 |
[37:00] | you’re born a thousand men. | 人出生时有千千万万个可能性 |
[37:03] | You die as just one. | 走的时候只剩下一个 |
[37:07] | And I, maybe… | 我可能帮了一些人站稳脚跟 |
[37:09] | helped some people find their feet. | |
[37:14] | You know what? I think you did it all just for you. | 我觉得你那么做都是为了自己 |
[37:18] | The lonely cowboy. | 寂寞的牛仔 |
[37:20] | Hey, I’m not lonely. | 我才不寂寞 |
[37:21] | The lonely cowboy in a suit his face plastered all over town. | 穿着西装的寂寞牛仔 全城都能看见他的海报 |
[37:29] | I’m wanted, am I? | 我变成通缉犯了吗? |
[37:53] | The check and some sleep. | 支票和睡眠 |
[38:17] | I am watching the Western Bulldogs versus Port Adelaide | 我在看西部斗牛犬 和阿得雷德港的比赛 |
[38:23] | Aussie-rules football. | 澳式足球 |
[38:24] | – Are you into that? – Oh, no. But… | -你喜欢这种足球? -不喜欢,但是‥ |
[38:27] | It’s live and I’m sure someone will make me a market. | 但这是实况转播 我相信会有人帮我打市场的 |
[38:31] | – Do you bet? – Only roulette. | -你赌博吗? -只赌轮盘 |
[38:32] | For fun. Sometimes. | 偶尔赌赌,好玩而已 |
[38:34] | What’s your strategy? | 你赌轮盘有什么策略? |
[38:38] | Martingale. Double down. All on black. | 平赌,加码下注,只押黑色 |
[38:42] | You know, in Monaco in 1913, red came up 26 times in a row? | 你知道1913年在摩纳哥 曾经一连26次开出红色吗? |
[38:47] | I hope that guy was liquid. | 希望那个人够有钱 |
[38:50] | Why are you calling me at this hour? | 为什么这时候打给我? |
[38:55] | I was thinking about how maybe my colleague outshined me | 我在想同事的表现 也许比我好一点 这让我很介意 |
[39:01] | a little bit. It’s been bothering me. | |
[39:05] | Oh, right. He’s a smart kid. | 那孩子很聪明 |
[39:07] | But I was puzzled as to why he was pitching me a long | 但是我不懂他为什么 要我在相同的市场里做多 |
[39:10] | in an identical market. | |
[39:11] | It’s repetitive and boring and institutionalized. | 既重复又无聊 甚至流于制度化 |
[39:13] | Are you any of those things? | 你是这样的人吗? |
[39:15] | Just think maybe he wants someone to buy FastAide | 我在想他鼓吹你买快助 可能是因为有人急着脱手 |
[39:18] | because he already has someone who wants to get rid of it. | |
[39:21] | Maybe it’s a screaming short. | 也许应该做空 |
[39:24] | I don’t know, Harper. He seems pretty convinced by it. | 我也不知道,荷波 他似乎很有把握 |
[39:27] | Do you not trust him? | 你不相信他吗? |
[39:31] | He’s a sales guy. | 他是做业务的 说服别人是他的工作 |
[39:34] | It’s his job to be convincing. | |
[39:39] | It’s unclear if they’ll get regulatory approval | 他们是否能获得核准 落实整个营运计划还是未知数 |
[39:41] | to implement the entire business plan. | |
[39:43] | The SPAC market is already languishing | 特殊目的收购公司市场已经疲软 我觉得可以一叶知秋 |
[39:45] | which could be a leading indicator for things to come. | |
[39:48] | Valuations are sky high | 估值高到不行 是目前投资人出价最高的产业 |
[39:50] | and no other sector’s been this over-bid. | |
[39:54] | FastAide is just a Blockbuster flogging meds instead of VHS. | 快助就像百视达 只不过卖的是药,不是录影带 |
[39:58] | I knew you’d thought that. | 我就知道你会这么想 |
[40:00] | I hardly think your camp’ll be impressed | 但你们正要卖 应该不希望我开口问买进价 |
[40:02] | when I ask for a bid in the deal they’re selling. | |
[40:04] | So don’t call me. | 那就别透过我 去找高盛或其他人卖 |
[40:05] | Sell through Goldman or anyone else on the street. | |
[40:06] | I’m sure they would love to help. | 他们一定乐于伸出援手 |
[40:08] | So you’re pitching me against the house view | 所以你不只鼓吹 和公司不同的看法 |
[40:11] | and you’re sending my flow to a competitor? | 还要把我的生意 转介给竞争对手? |
[40:14] | The best idea wins. | 最好的点子才能胜出 |
[40:16] | And what’s the best idea? | 最好的点子是什么? |
[40:20] | Mine, Jesse. | 我的,杰西 让你振奋的点子 |
[40:22] | The one that thrills you. | |
[40:27] | Okay. | 好,我早上打电话给高盛 |
[40:29] | I will call Goldman in the morning. | |
[40:32] | You are a restless soul, Harper. | 荷波,你有个不安分的灵魂 |
[40:38] | I don’t know how to be anything else. | 不安分是我唯一的处世之道 |
[40:58] | What’s this all for? | -这是做什么? -这个嘛‥ |
[41:00] | You’re making me feel tremendously loved. | 你让我有被爱的感觉 |
[41:06] | So, obviously, I’ve been trying to get Maxim | 我一直想让麦辛 给我取得你账户的管道 |
[41:11] | to give me access to your accounts | |
[41:13] | just so Pierpoint can kick off the due diligence. | 这样码点才能做尽职调查 |
[41:19] | He’s being a brick wall. | 但他很不配合 |
[41:20] | He can be a bit Balearic. Hot-tempered. | 他这个人比较急躁 容易生气,感情用事 |
[41:24] | Affairs of the heart? | |
[41:26] | He says you told him not to speak to me. | 他说你叫他不要跟我谈 |
[41:31] | If we want to have a relationship | 如果我们之间 要建立专业和私人的关系 不管是哪种关系,你都得对我诚实 |
[41:33] | professional, personal, whatever, you need to be honest with me. | |
[41:41] | I can handle it. I can handle bad news. | 我受得了 我可以承受坏消息 |
[41:49] | Just tell me. | 你就告诉我吧 |
[41:57] | There are some women. | 有一些女人 |
[42:02] | – What do you mean “women”? – Women that had designs on me. | 什么意思? 对我有所图谋的女人 |
[42:05] | – Designs on you? – Women I saw. | 有所图谋? 跟我交往过的女人 觉得被我伤害而心碎的女人 |
[42:08] | Heartbroken women that felt hurt by me | |
[42:10] | and then subsequently tried to ruin me. | 所以她们决心要毁掉我 |
[42:14] | Ruin us. | 毁掉我们,我们家族 |
[42:15] | Ruin our family. | |
[42:17] | How many women? | 多少个女人? |
[42:18] | I don’t have to tell you I had affairs. | 你也知道我有过风流韵事 |
[42:20] | Bitterly regret that | 我很后悔,也很遗憾这对 我们父女关系造成的伤害 |
[42:22] | and whatever damage it did to this. | |
[42:27] | I was young, all ego. | 我那时候很年轻,很自负 |
[42:30] | All id, actually. | 追求本我 |
[42:32] | Sorry. | 对不起 这跟我们家的钱有什么关系? |
[42:34] | What does this have to do with our family’s money? | |
[42:37] | Finickity agreements. Legal red tape. Annual outgoings. | 烦琐的协议,法律上的繁文缛节 年度开支,就是协议 保密协议吗? |
[42:41] | – You know, agreements. – Non-disclosure agreements? | |
[42:44] | I’ve got nothing to hide. | 我没有见不得人的事 |
[42:45] | That’s just how these things are wrangled legally. | 但在法律上就是这么麻烦 |
[42:49] | What I gave them | 我给她们的是‥ |
[42:53] | was a better life. | 比较好的生活 |
[42:58] | Surely, you knew I’d find out about this | 你决定让码点为你理财时 一定知道我会发现吧? |
[43:00] | as soon as you brought your finances to Pierpoint. | |
[43:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道‥ |
[43:08] | I don’t know. Maybe it was my stupid, tortured, backward way | 也许我就是想用这种 笨拙迂回的方式让你发现 这样我就不能再视而不见了 |
[43:11] | of letting you find out so that I could no longer ignore it. | |
[43:16] | Right. | 这样啊 |
[43:18] | I’m a coward, Mina. | 女儿,我是个懦夫 |
[43:22] | As I get older | 随着年岁渐长 |
[43:25] | I fear that may be my essence… | 我担心那就是我的本质‥ |
[43:29] | fear. | 恐惧 |
[43:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[43:38] | But… | 但是既然说到钱了 我们还有钱吧? |
[43:42] | as far as our money is concerned, do we still have any? | |
[43:47] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[43:50] | Do we have money? Are you wealthy? | 我们有钱吗? 你是有钱人吗? |
[43:53] | Well, of course. | 当然‥ |
[43:56] | Of course. | |
[43:57] | Generational. Many lifetimes over. | 我的钱几辈子都花不完 |
[44:07] | Too finance, bro! | 太过金融了,兄弟 |
[44:09] | Bummer, because apparently they do some really wild shit on stage there. | 可惜,不然他们其实玩得很开 |
[44:13] | What? Like a couple of Black and Decker bolts out the asshole? | 怎么,从屁股拉出螺栓那么夸张? |
[44:16] | Dude, this isn’t the place for it… | 老兄,这里是工作场合 |
[44:24] | Dude, pick up the phone. | 兄弟,接电话 |
[44:27] | Nah. She’ll call back. | 不用,她会再打来的 |
[44:36] | I got a res at Zuma tonight. | 我晚上在朱马订位了 |
[44:40] | No, bro. | 不是啦,是跟一个很特别的人 |
[44:42] | Me and someone special. | |
[44:43] | Knobheads! You fucking knobheads! | 笨蛋,你们这些天杀的笨蛋 |
[44:48] | – I am afraid she’s busy. – Come on, mate. | 她没空‥ 别这样,他们知道我很重要 所以想要整我 |
[44:51] | They know I’m important, so they’re out to get me. | |
[44:56] | I know, and I do. I know it. I know they’re listening in on me. | 我知道,我很清楚 我知道他们在窃听我 |
[45:05] | James. It’s James, right? | 你叫詹姆斯,对吧? |
[45:10] | Jay. Yeah. | 对,叫我阿詹 |
[45:11] | Jay. Take a seat. | 阿詹,请坐 |
[45:21] | This is going to surprise you. | 你会很惊讶 毕竟你是个彻头彻尾的保守党 |
[45:23] | You know, as a dyed-in-the wool identikit Tory | |
[45:29] | but I looked into your request. You know, my mate’s a failed doctor. | 不过我调查了你的申请 我有个朋友是学医的 |
[45:32] | I sent him a picture of your… sample? | 我把你"样本"的照片 寄去给他 |
[45:35] | – It’s not mine. – I’m not saying it is. | -不是我的 -我没说是你的 |
[45:37] | It’s not a dog’s, either. | 但也不是狗的 |
[45:40] | I understand why someone in your situation might make a cry for help | 我明白你这样处境的人 会想要求助 |
[45:43] | especially if no one’s listening. | 尤其是没有人听你们说的时候 |
[45:47] | I hope you don’t mind, I did some noodling around. | 希望你不介意 但是我打听了一下 |
[45:51] | I understand you’ve been between jobs for a while. | 发现你失业了好一阵子 |
[45:55] | I have, yeah. | 没错 |
[45:58] | I mean, do you wanna… do you wanna talk about it? | 想不想谈谈这件事? |
[46:18] | We are very excited to have you here at Pierpoint. | 码点很欢迎你的加入 |
[46:21] | (Arabic) See you later. | |
[46:22] | (Arabic) Goodbye. | |
[46:24] | (Arabic) The coffee, your coffee is the best. | |
[46:30] | I have something I need to discuss with you. | 我有件事要跟你讨论 |
[46:34] | I’ve done the work on the Hanani financial situation | 我评估了哈纳尼的财务状况,结果‥ 发现了一些‥ |
[46:38] | and I found some… | |
[46:44] | God, not really sure how to phrase it. | 天啊,我不知道该怎么说 |
[46:47] | Yes? | 怎么样? |
[46:52] | You know what? The more I think about it | 其实越想就越觉得 我在不重要的细节上钻牛角尖 |
[46:55] | the more I think I’m just fixating on unnecessary details. | |
[46:59] | That’s a habit of mine too. | 我也有这个习惯 |
[47:05] | Do you think we’ll have fun together? I mean, working together. | 你觉得我们一起会开心吗? 我是说一起共事 |
[47:11] | – Yeah. – Good. I was counting on it. | -会 -很好 我就等你这么说 |
[48:20] | Floor seven. | 七楼到了,电梯开门中 |
[48:22] | Doors opening. | |
[48:28] | Doors closing. | |
[48:29] | Revenue across the floor is only up 10% | 整体的进账只提高了一成 |
[48:32] | and CPS London’s up over 30. | 但伦敦的跨商品交易组 提高了三成多 |
[48:35] | Every member of my team is up year on year. | 我组员的业绩都比去年高 |
[48:39] | So, why are you paying us less? | 你给我们的钱为什么少了? |
[48:46] | All roads lead back to Daniel. | 条条大路都通往丹尼尔 |
[48:50] | He moves as if he has the confidence of your blessing. | 他一副王命在身的跩样 |
[48:55] | I believe you’ve conspired to pay us down | 我认为你早就想苛扣我们的奖金 |
[48:58] | make us look expendable | 让我们显得可有可无 |
[49:02] | and then conflate us with New York. | 然后再把我们并入纽约分公司 |
[49:09] | I want Daniel gone. | 我要丹尼尔走人 |
[49:13] | He’s an ED. He’s expensive. | 他是领高薪的执行理事 |
[49:16] | Harper and I are nimbler without him. | 没有他,荷波和我 工作起来更灵活 |
[49:19] | Or are you forcing me and my team | 还是你想逼我和我的团队走人? |
[49:22] | to look for bids away? | |
[49:25] | Because let me tell you, there are plenty of shops | 我告诉你 想找我们的公司可多了 而且他们会付我们该有的薪资 |
[49:26] | that’ll take us in a heartbeat and pay us what we’re worth. | |
[49:32] | Shall we look at the data? | 要不要看看资料? 与其撂狠话不如看数字 因为数字不会骗人 |
[49:34] | Figures cut through hot air because they can’t lie. | |
[49:40] | Yeah, so, average comp is up over 30% on your team | 你的团队平均业绩是高了三成多 但整组业绩下降 因为你的业绩变差了 |
[49:45] | but the overall desk pool is down because… | |
[49:48] | you’re down. | |
[49:51] | Your production has dropped from 75 million to 40. | 从原本的七千五百万 下降到四千万 |
[49:53] | Your quartile ranking dropped two places. | 你的季度评比掉了两名 |
[49:55] | I had to rub my eyes. What the hell happened to you? | 我简直不敢相信我的眼睛 你究竟是怎么回事? |
[50:00] | I mean, truth is, paying you down only 40% leaves us space | 老实说,只少给你四成 但还是有空间进一步缩减 因为费林走了 你的薪酬与业绩比还是最高的 |
[50:03] | for further reductions now that Felim is gone. | |
[50:05] | Your comp to production ratio is still the highest. | |
[50:09] | You’re paying me down 40%? | 你要少给我四成? |
[50:10] | You’re a weight on your team. | 你拖累了你的团队 |
[50:12] | What, for the last four fucking quarters? | 你说的是上四季? 我在公司待了有一百季吧? 对,但那是唯一重要的四个季度 |
[50:15] | Out of what, a hundred? | |
[50:18] | But they’re the only four quarters that matter. | |
[50:23] | I assembled that team. | 那个团队是我建立的 他们的成就也是我的成就 我相信他们一定很感激 |
[50:26] | – Their achievements are mine. – And I bet they’re grateful. | |
[50:30] | But you and I are bigger than team-talk | 但我们之间不需要再讲团队 和绩效考核那些不痛不痒的事 |
[50:32] | and 360-review lukewarm water. | |
[50:35] | If you stop producing, you’re simply a cost. | 如果没有办法创造进账 你就只是开销 |
[50:44] | Have the grace to look me in the eye when you do it then. | 那至少要有直视我双眼的气度 |
[50:50] | I looked you in the eye when I fucking hired you. | 我雇用你的时候 可是直视了你的双眼 |
[50:56] | You know nobody owes anybody a tomorrow here. | 你知道在这里 没有谁欠任何人一个未来 |
[51:08] | Please… don’t let me go. | 拜托不要开除我 |
[51:14] | I’d never just let you go. | 我不会开除你的 |
[51:21] | So, we’ve been talking and we’ve got some good news. | 我们讨论过了,有一些好消息 |
[51:28] | Moving you up. | 我们要让你升官 |
[51:34] | So Danny here mentioned you had a chat yesterday | 丹尼提到你们昨天聊过 于是马上打电话跟我讨论 |
[51:36] | and he got straight on the phone to figure out | |
[51:39] | the next best step for someone as loyal as you. | 像你这么忠诚的员工 最好的下一步为何 |
[51:42] | We want you to run the Client Relationship effort across Europe. | 我们要你负责 欧洲的客户关系管理 |
[51:47] | You both know what CRMS is. | 你们都知道客户关系管理 是什么吧? |
[51:50] | Shorter hours. | 工时较短,压力较小,互动增加 |
[51:51] | Less stress. Increase interactions. | |
[51:54] | Socialize away from the melee of the floor. | 人际互动可以远离交易楼层的混乱 |
[51:58] | It’s a retirement home. | 那是养老院 |
[52:00] | More time for your family. | 你可以有更多时间陪家人 |
[52:03] | You deserve this. | 这是你应得的 |
[52:06] | For what it’s worth, I think you look better in a tie. | 而且我觉得你打领带比较帅 |
[53:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 待续 谢谢观赏 |
[53:27] | – Hey. | – Hey. |