时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[00:17] | It’s fine. Printing is not a felony. Taking the printouts is. | 没事 影印不是犯罪,拿走影印资料才是 |
[00:21] | – Take a picture and put it back. – Okay. | -拍张照就放回去 -好 |
[00:23] | Leave the paper trail in the printer. Nobody’ll blink. | 把纸本留在印表机,没有人会起疑 |
[00:26] | Take pictures of anything you see. | 所有你看到的资料都拍下来 |
[00:28] | Org charts, blotters, position reports. | 组织结构图,交易纪录,持仓报告 |
[00:30] | I can bring coalition data from upstairs. | 我可以从楼上拿资料 |
[00:32] | Take the photos within WhatsApp on your personal phone | 用私人手机的通讯软体拍照 再传给我 资料才会加密 |
[00:35] | and send them to me through there so it’s encrypted. | |
[00:38] | Our job is to sell ourselves | 我们的工作是推销自己 |
[00:41] | but our real leverage is our color. | 但真正的筹码是我们的肤色 |
[00:43] | Got it. We need to know the whole franchise. | 懂了,我们需要了解整个组织 |
[00:45] | Or give the impression we do | 或让别人以为我们了解 这样我们自己就代表组织 |
[00:46] | so we can sell ourselves as the franchise. | |
[00:49] | What client owns what, who owns who, where the opportunities are. | 客户拥有的项目 哪个项目归谁,哪里有机会 |
[00:56] | How the fuck was I supposed to know | 我怎么会知道菊花是死亡之花 |
[00:58] | the chrysanthemum was the flower of death? | |
[01:00] | I’m now long ten grand-worth of chrysanthemums! | 我现在有价值一万元的菊花 |
[01:03] | Any particular reason you’re dressed as Kendall Roy? | 你穿得像肯道洛伊 有特殊原因吗? |
[01:06] | You look like an undercover cop. | 你看起来像便衣刑警 |
[01:09] | Yeah, I know we’re over budget. | 我知道我们超出预算了 |
[01:11] | I’m not letting your dad play Viceroy. | 我不会让你爸扮总督的角色 |
[01:15] | That is not a colonial joke, that is an age joke. | 这不是殖民笑话 这是年龄的玩笑 |
[01:18] | Hello? Hello? Fuck! | 还在吗? 可恶 |
[01:27] | – What’s she doing here? – Rish, sit down. | 她在这里做什么? -瑞希,坐下 -我不要 |
[01:29] | Nah, fuck this. | |
[01:30] | One of the few things DVD actually got right was suspending her. | 丹尼做对的少数事情之一 就是把她停职 |
[01:34] | She’s the only reason I called you. | 她正是我打给你的原因 |
[01:38] | I told him it wasn’t worth selling ourselves | 我说,要有顶尖交易员 毛遂自荐才值得 |
[01:40] | if we didn’t have the best trader on the street. | |
[01:42] | Yeah, I see through your flattery. | 我看透你的奉承了 |
[01:44] | Lemme tell you, the way you turn on a dime is sociopathic. | 我告诉你 你翻脸的速度简直病态 |
[01:48] | She also covers our biggest client. | 她负责我们最大的客户 |
[01:51] | Her and Bloom are the weight of our offering. | 她和布鲁是这场提案的关键 |
[01:53] | I only ran you over to placate him. It wasn’t personal. | 我背叛你是为了安抚他 不是针对你 |
[01:56] | And I know a part of you respects that. | 我知道你也尊重这一点 |
[01:59] | And listen, this New York-London endgame? | 关于这场纽约与伦敦的角力 |
[02:04] | Little bit of inside info… | 给你一点内幕消息 |
[02:06] | we’re on the wrong fucking side of that equation. | 我们站错边了 |
[02:09] | There’s no future here. | 待在这里没有未来 |
[02:10] | The merger isn’t a merger. It’s a slaughter. | 这不是合并案 这是屠杀 |
[02:20] | Okay, fine. But I have very explicit terms. | 好吧,但我的条件很明确 |
[02:23] | Because I need a flashlight to get through the grey with you two. | 我花了好久时间 才看清你们俩的意图 |
[02:27] | Be crystal with me. | 我们先讲清楚 |
[02:28] | One, I’ll be an MD. Immediately. | 首先,我要立刻升上董事总经理 |
[02:32] | And I need more than a fucking head nod, Eric, mate. | 不能只有点头承诺,艾瑞克 |
[02:34] | It’s done. Guaranteed. Should have happened a while ago. | 没问题,我们答应你 早该如此 |
[02:37] | Yeah, no shit. | 可不是吗? |
[02:39] | And you guarantee my comp for 24 months. | 承诺给我24个月的薪资 |
[02:42] | Nothing tied up in stock, no BS deferrals. | 不能给股票,不哄骗延期 |
[02:44] | No BS, Rish. No lies. | 不骗你,瑞希 不说谎 |
[02:48] | Kings. And Queens. | 国王陛下和女王‥ |
[02:51] | Kings is fine. | 国王就行了 |
[02:53] | Kings of a new patch. | 新联盟之王 |
[02:59] | All right, fuck ’em. | 好,不管他们了 |
[03:07] | Everything all right? | 你还好吗? |
[03:10] | Yeah. | 没事,只是普通的工作压力 |
[03:13] | It’s just the usual work stress. | |
[03:15] | I’m not work stress. | 我不是你的工作压力 |
[03:18] | ‘Course not. | 当然不是 |
[03:26] | Can I ask? | 我想问 |
[03:30] | What was it like being covered by Harper? | 由荷波当理专是什么感觉? |
[03:34] | Who? | 谁? |
[03:41] | Hi, Venetia Berens. I work under Robert. | 你好,我是维妮莎拜伦 我是罗伯的下属 |
[03:45] | Do you? Well, it’s a pleasure, I hope. | 是吗? 希望那是你的荣幸 |
[03:50] | Sorry. I know this is unprofessional. | 抱歉,我知道这样做很不专业 |
[03:53] | Or maybe it’s super-professional, I don’t know. | 或是非常专业,我不清楚 |
[03:56] | I’ve really ticked every box pre-RIF. | 我符合人事裁减的每个条件 |
[03:59] | What the fuck is RIF? | 人事裁减日是什么? |
[04:01] | I just need, for security, facetime with a client | 我只是为求保障和客户见一次面 |
[04:05] | and I saw Robert was meeting with you. | 我看到罗伯和你有约 |
[04:07] | And he owes me a favor. Don’t you? | 而他欠我一份人情,对吧? |
[04:15] | I hope you don’t mind me fangirling. | 希望你不介意我犯花痴 |
[04:17] | “Fangirling”? | 犯花痴? |
[04:19] | Well, you’re actually “doorstepping” us. | 你已经冲上前来了 |
[04:23] | It’s not like you, Venetia. | 这不像你的作风,维妮莎 |
[04:25] | Well, Oxford was quite an education. | 这个嘛,牛津大学教得好 |
[04:30] | Plucky. | 有胆量 |
[04:34] | I’d love to hear about your position in ’08. | 我想请教你在2008年的仓位 |
[04:36] | I did my dissertation on collateralized debt obligations. | 我的论文内容是抵押债务债券 |
[04:41] | You’re talking about it like it was the Great Depression. | 你讲得像是经济大萧条 几乎就是 |
[04:43] | Well, it kind of was. | |
[04:48] | Christ, I really am over the hill, aren’t I? | 天哪 我开始衰老了吗? |
[04:54] | Could be worse. | 或许会更惨 |
[04:56] | We could be ugly. | 我们会变丑 |
[05:01] | Look, all groundwork with the Yankees are done. | 洋基佬的基本作业完成了 |
[05:04] | – The Yankees? – Safer to use code names. | 洋基佬? 用暗号更安全 |
[05:07] | You get into the habit of calling them the Yankees | 你会开始习惯称之为洋基佬 |
[05:09] | it becomes second nature. | 习惯成自然 |
[05:11] | So, the Yankees. We need to show up. Perform. But it’s done. | 我们要出席跑个形式,但已经定案了 |
[05:15] | Okay, what makes you so sure? | 你怎么这么确定? |
[05:16] | I came up with Douglas who runs Hedge Fund Sales there. | 我遇到负责避险基金的道格 |
[05:19] | Kids are at Thomas’s together. | 孩子们同校 |
[05:20] | We’ve been strategizing in the playground. | 我们一直在公园拟定策略 |
[05:23] | What, like a couple of nonces? | 像两个恋童癖吗? |
[05:24] | That was really your whole plan? A one-bank meeting strategy? | 这就是整个计划? 鸡蛋放在同个篮子里? |
[05:29] | If we jump from Pierpoint and don’t secure anything by tomorrow | 如果我们从码点跳槽 明天之前没有任何保障 |
[05:31] | we’ll be flipping penny stocks to pensioners in some chop shop. | 我们只能帮退休人士随意炒仙股 |
[05:34] | What’s our next best bet? | 其他的退路呢? |
[05:35] | I have had a few headhunters call since I started repping Jesse. | 我当上杰西的理专后 有猎才顾问联络我 |
[05:38] | Yeah, that would be Beers Bailey. | 那是比尔斯贝利 |
[05:40] | You know he got caught stealing art off the wall at Annabel’s. | 他在酒吧被抓到偷墙上画作 |
[05:42] | The phrase “wrong-un” was invented for him. Next. | "没信用的小人"就是为他取的 下一个方案 |
[05:45] | What if we just DM the most senior person at… | 如果我们传讯息给‥ "柏林国会"最资深的人 这是好暗号吗? |
[05:50] | Reichstag? Is that a good code? | |
[05:53] | I mean, I would’ve gone with “Hitler-loving cunts” | 我会用"爱希特勒的荡妇" 但这个也行 |
[05:55] | but it’ll work. | |
[05:56] | Okay, why don’t we just message the most senior person | 那我们联络柏林国会 跨商品交易组的资深人员 |
[05:58] | on Reichstag’s CPS desk? | |
[06:03] | Yeah, all right. We’ll go direct. | 好,我们就这么办 |
[06:05] | We’re not taking a meeting at Reichstag. | 我们不会去柏林国会面谈 |
[06:08] | If the Yankees get wind we’re meeting on the same day | 如果洋基佬知道 我们在同天有其他行动 |
[06:11] | they’ll think we’re rubes and we’ll jeopardize our sure thing. | 我们会显得很蠢 煮熟的鸭子可能就飞了 |
[06:13] | “Sure thing” is a big phrase. | 言过其词了 做这行的不应该这么说吧? |
[06:15] | We should probably stop using in this business, no? | |
[06:17] | Now Reichstag’s a bit scheisse but two offers is better than one. | 柏林国会计划有点糟 但两个提案比一个好 |
[06:20] | I don’t want to take another meeting. | 我不想有第二场面谈 |
[06:23] | Well, I’m not doing this without a contingency. | 除非有备案,否则我不加入 |
[06:25] | So, I guess we’re at an impasse. | 看来我们陷入僵局了 |
[06:27] | All we need is an offer. I don’t care where it comes from. | 我们只需要得到录取 我不管从哪里得到 |
[06:31] | Eric. | 艾瑞克 |
[06:36] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[06:46] | I’ll LinkedIn the guy’s name, drop him a DM. | 我会到商务社群搜寻这个人 传讯息给他 |
[06:49] | No, let me do it. I’ve got more profile. | 让我来,我资历更丰富 |
[06:51] | I’ll DM Reichstag’s tallest dick. | 我会告诉柏林国会最粗的男子 |
[06:53] | Tell him the best CPS team on the street repping Jesse Bloom | 想挖角旗下有杰西布鲁的 顶尖跨商品交易组 |
[06:56] | is available until midnight. Then… | 时限只到午夜 |
[06:58] | well, we’ll wait. | 然后就等回复吧 |
[07:01] | I’m gonna pop out quick. | 我出去走走 |
[07:04] | I’ll bring back sustenance. | 带补给品回来 |
[07:08] | Yeah, low calorie. I’m on a shred. | 我正在减脂,要低热量的 |
[07:10] | What? I can’t be looking like pre-Hurley Shane Warne | 我的结婚照不能看起来像 早期的谢恩沃恩 |
[07:12] | in the wedding photos, like. | |
[07:14] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:15] | You good? Do you need some cash? | 没问题吧? 需要现金吗? |
[07:18] | Fuck you. | 闭嘴 |
[07:43] | Jesse, I’m gonna keep calling you until you pick up. | 杰西,在你回电前我会一直打电话 |
[07:45] | That’s what a good salesperson does. | 好业务员就会这么做 |
[07:47] | I know FastAide is moving against you | 我知道快助对你不利 |
[07:49] | and I don’t know if you’ve already stopped out or… | 我不知道你是不是平仓了 |
[07:52] | if you’re still listening to me from a distance. | 或是在听我说话 |
[07:55] | I know you can’t ignore me. | 但我知道你不能无视我 "在吗?" |
[08:39] | It’s so inspiring to see a strong woman in this industry. | 这行业能遇见女强人十分激励人心 |
[08:44] | Can I say this? A fucking titan. | 我可以这么说吗? 天杀的巨头 |
[08:49] | A fucking titan? | 天杀的巨头? |
[08:54] | What are you selling? | 你葫芦里卖什么药? |
[08:56] | Financial services. | 金融服务 |
[09:00] | A titan, yeah? | 巨头啊 |
[09:03] | Well, some days. | 只有偶尔吧 |
[09:05] | Others… | 其他时候‥ |
[09:08] | a desiccated husk. | 只有干枯的外表 |
[09:11] | Oh, look at me. | 看看我,在公开场合可怜自己 太不合时宜了 |
[09:13] | Feeling sorry for myself in public. How unbecoming. | |
[09:16] | It’s very unlike you, I’d say. | 真不像你 |
[09:18] | It’s from hanging out with you, you fucking wimp. | 都是因为跟你相处,你这胆小鬼 |
[09:20] | Has Robbie written you a poem yet? | 小罗为你写过诗吗? |
[09:23] | Yes, a Petrarchan sonnet. He leaves them on my desk. | 有的,一首十四行诗 他放在我桌上 |
[09:28] | Well, why wouldn’t he? Look at you. | 他当然会这么做 看看你 |
[09:31] | People would go to war for you. | 男人会为你开战 |
[09:35] | Oh now, listen. I better warn you… | 听着,我必须提醒你 |
[09:38] | that the start is his favorite bit. | 前戏是他的最爱 |
[09:41] | I mean, Robbie’s covered me, what, for mere months now. | 罗伯当我的理专几个月了 |
[09:44] | I’m already fucking bored of him. | 我已经感到无聊 |
[09:46] | Bored of me, I’m fucking bored of you. | 是我对你感到无聊 |
[09:48] | No. | 不对,我付钱给你 |
[09:49] | I pay you. | |
[09:51] | So, I decide who’s bored of who and when. | 所以我决定何人何时感到无聊 |
[09:55] | Good job, you’ve got the next gen. | 恭喜你懂得掌控新生代 |
[10:00] | There you go. | 喝下去 |
[10:03] | Come on. | 喝吧 |
[10:05] | Let’s try and graduate you | 我们来举杯庆祝 |
[10:07] | to someone who’s actually fucking interesting. | 终于有个风趣的人出现 |
[10:12] | Maybe he could do with another espresso. | 他可以再用一杯浓缩咖啡代替 |
[10:15] | Yeah, or six. | 或六杯 |
[10:18] | In lieu of his beloved bag of chop. | 取代他最爱的饮料 |
[10:21] | Don’t let the sober routine fool you. | 别被他的拒酒原则骗了 |
[10:25] | Go on! Mommy’s not looking. | 喝吧,妈咪没有在看 |
[10:28] | Oh, you’ll get to hear all about Robbie’s mommy issues. | 你会发现他有恋母情结 |
[10:34] | I’m getting the bill. | 我来结账 |
[10:37] | Go on. I don’t need a babysitter. | 去吧 我不需要保姆 |
[10:48] | Fine. You can pay up then. | 好啊 那你结账吧 |
[10:58] | Here. | 这给你 |
[10:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:02] | This is nice, have some more. | 这很好喝,多喝一点 |
[11:46] | Hi, Ven. It’s me. | 小维,是我 |
[11:49] | Are you okay to get home? | 你可以自己回家吗? |
[11:52] | Just call me, please. | 拜托回电给我 |
[12:06] | Dude, I was in the middle of a date. | 我刚在约会 |
[12:11] | No. | 不会吧? |
[12:17] | You didn’t tell me Celeste is married. | 你没告诉我赛勒丝结婚了 |
[12:19] | Why would I? You got me over here to ask me that? | 我为什么要这么做? 你找我来是要问我这个? |
[12:27] | You banged her, didn’t you? | 你跟她上床了,对吧? |
[12:32] | Un-fucking-real. | 太不真实了 |
[12:34] | It was a mistake. Like this. | 那是个错误,和我们一样 真伤人 |
[12:39] | Well, I hope it was as enjoyable as our mistake. | 希望那跟我们的错误一样享受 |
[12:55] | You got something you wanna tell me about Berlin? | 你要告诉我柏林的事吗? |
[12:59] | Like what? | 像什么? |
[13:02] | Why did you go and see my cousin? | 你为什么跟我的表亲见面? |
[13:07] | You shouldn’t have done that. | 你不应该这么做 |
[13:09] | There could be all sorts of legal ramifications. | 那会造成很多法律后果 |
[13:12] | Don’t worry, I’ll deal with it. | 别担心,我会处理 一直都是如此 帮你和那浑帐老爸处理烂摊子 |
[13:13] | As ever, cleaning up after you and your fucking dad. | |
[13:21] | She said her and Dad were in love. | 她说他们当时很相爱 |
[13:24] | Yeah, I really didn’t know about it at the time. | 我那时候不知情 |
[13:29] | I kinda remember that trip around Positano. | 我隐约记得那次波西塔诺的旅行 |
[13:35] | Actually, no. It’s a sense memory. | 不对,那是感官记忆 |
[13:39] | Not a real memory, impossible to trust. | 不是真实记忆 不能相信 |
[13:46] | They were great trips though, right? | 那几趟旅行很棒吧? |
[13:51] | Amalfi Coast… | 阿玛菲海岸 |
[13:54] | Balearics… | 巴利阿里群岛 |
[13:56] | sneaking into the clubs. | 溜进夜店 |
[14:00] | Maybe I’ve just romanticized them. | 也许只是我浪漫化那些记忆 |
[14:01] | We were very lucky. | 我们很幸运 |
[14:04] | I have work in the morning. | 我明天要上班 |
[14:07] | Oh, come on. | 饶了我 |
[14:09] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[14:11] | My balls are aching. | 我的蛋蛋隐隐作痛 |
[14:14] | They’re as red as the Pacha cherries. | 跟樱桃一样红肿 |
[14:21] | What are you… | 你在干吗? |
[14:24] | What the… Get the fuck off! What are you doing? | 搞什么? 滚开,你在干吗? |
[14:28] | Fuck. I’m so sorry. | 天哪,我很抱歉 |
[14:33] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[14:40] | Get the fuck out! Now! | 快滚 现在 |
[14:43] | Now! Get the fuck out! Now! | 全部滚出去 |
[15:03] | Five to the witching hour. | 倒数五分钟 |
[15:05] | They’re not calling. | 他们不会打来了 |
[15:07] | Oh, they’re calling. | 他们一定会打来 |
[15:08] | If I’m on the plate, someone’s eating. | 如果我出现在市场上 一定有人买单 |
[15:10] | And if they don’t, let’s not let it fuck with our momentum. | 如果他们没打来 别让这件事影响我们的冲劲 |
[15:13] | Yankees are buying our confidence. We gotta go in on an uptick. | 洋基佬相信我们的自信 我们必须势如破竹 |
[15:16] | Like we’re still the next big thing. | 仿佛是明日之星 |
[15:18] | I’ll come in tomorrow as a decoy | 我明天会当诱饵,让小组看似正常 |
[15:19] | make it look like nothing’s amiss on the desk. | |
[15:21] | I’ll say… | 就说‥ |
[15:24] | I’m getting my teeth cleaned for my wedding. | 我为了婚礼去洗牙 |
[15:25] | You’re gonna tell them you’re getting your teeth cleaned twice? | 你要说你洗牙两次? |
[15:28] | All right, I’m getting my arsehole waxed. | 好吧,就说屁眼要除毛 |
[15:29] | Fuck it, the hair’s so long down there Di’s started calling it Abu Hamza. | 下面的毛太长 小黛取了绰号叫阿布哈姆扎 |
[15:36] | Why are you so calm? | 你为什么这么冷静? |
[15:39] | You know why, Harper, ’cause my old man always said to me | 为什么呢,荷波? 我老爸总是跟我说 如果你正面迎击命运 命运有时‥ |
[15:42] | “If you lob something out into the universe, occasionally… | |
[15:47] | it’ll lob something back.” | 会带来惊喜 |
[15:49] | Ramdani, Pierpoint. Well, formerly of that parish | 这是码点的拉姆达尼 如果你开始讲动听的话 这职位就是过去式了 |
[15:52] | if you quickly start saying the right things, mate. | |
[15:58] | Doors closing. | 电梯门要关了 |
[16:06] | Doors closing. | 电梯门要关了 |
[16:12] | How’s the new gig? | 新工作如何? |
[16:14] | It’s great. | 很棒 |
[16:17] | It’s where I should be. | 是我的归属 |
[16:21] | That’s great, Yas. That’s great. | 那太好了,小雅 |
[16:28] | We had a proper A-lister | 有个货真价实的明星 前几天加入戒酒聚会 |
[16:30] | drop into one of our meetings the other day. | |
[16:32] | Young Oscar winner. | 年轻的奥斯卡奖得主 |
[16:34] | He said he woke the morning after winning | 他说获奖隔天早晨 |
[16:37] | stared at the statue and thought… | 看着奖杯心想 |
[16:40] | “Thank God I didn’t spend my entire life pursuing this | 幸好没有用一辈子追求这个奖项 |
[16:43] | because I feel exactly the same.” | 因为感觉还是一样 |
[16:50] | I’ve been thinking about Step Nine a lot. | 我一直在想戒酒的第九步 |
[16:53] | “Make direct amends to people we’ve harmed | 尽可能补偿自己伤害过的人 除非可能再次伤害对方 |
[16:55] | wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them.” | |
[16:59] | So, I hope this doesn’t injure you. | 希望这不会伤害你 |
[17:01] | But I am chairing my first meeting. Six months. | 但我之后要第一次主持戒酒聚会 为期六个月 |
[17:06] | – Congratulations. – Floor eight. | 恭喜你 |
[17:08] | – Doors opening. – This is probably | 这可能严重越界了 若你能够来参加对我意义重大 |
[17:10] | a gross overstep, but it… | |
[17:13] | It would mean a tremendous deal to me if you came. | |
[17:19] | Well, if you tell me who the celeb was | 告诉我那个名人是谁,我愿意考虑 |
[17:21] | I promise I’ll think about it. | |
[17:22] | That’s all I ask. | 这样就足够了 |
[17:24] | A clue… | 给你一个提示 |
[17:26] | “I have always been interested in the stars.” | "我对星星很感兴趣" |
[17:34] | You have to start thinking about yourselves | 你必须和美国银行一样 设想自己的独特性在哪里 |
[17:35] | with the same exceptionalism as the American banks. | |
[17:38] | Cross-product sales is the answer. | 答案就是跨商品交易 |
[17:39] | We’re a straight plug and play solution | 我们不做作 能立即解决问题并称霸市场 |
[17:41] | for you guys to start dominating flows. | |
[17:44] | Aren’t you a bit young to be talking like this? | 用这种口吻说话是否太年轻? |
[17:46] | If I’m good enough, I’m old enough. | 够优秀就有资格 |
[17:50] | What makes him more than just another trader? | 他和其他交易员有何不同? |
[17:52] | Him? | 他? |
[17:53] | I’ll bite my tongue out of decorum but I’m a dying breed, okay? | 并非出言不逊,但我这种人不多 |
[17:57] | A prop style guy that embraces customer flow. | 广纳客户流量的自营交易员 |
[17:59] | A salesperson is nothing | 若不能让客户投入市场 称不上业务员 |
[18:01] | if you can’t monetize the relationship on the tape. | |
[18:03] | And if you guys don’t want to take props risk while serving clients | 如果不愿意承担自营交易的风险 |
[18:06] | we’re gonna walk straight out that door. | 那我们现在就离开 |
[18:07] | We want to take risk in the right areas. | 我们要在正确的地方冒险 |
[18:09] | Good, that’s the only way you’ll make yourself relevant. | 很好,那是唯一能保有竞争力的方法 |
[18:12] | The other European banks are morgues. | 其他欧洲银行就像太平间 |
[18:15] | And who wants to work in a morgue? | 谁想在太平间上班? |
[18:16] | Do I look like a pervert? Actually, don’t answer that. | 我看起来像变态吗? 别回答 |
[18:20] | Look, why are you paying three to four execution monkeys | 何必在每个时区都雇用 三四个领高薪的蠢材? |
[18:24] | in each time zone a bar plus | |
[18:27] | when you could pay a small global team | 不如用一半的价码 雇用拥有大客户的国际小组 |
[18:30] | with real relationships half that all-in number? | |
[18:33] | That is the crux. | 这才是重点 |
[18:34] | So, we have a trader, a terrier… | 所以是一个交易员,小猎犬‥ |
[18:37] | Does a terrier cover the biggest hedge fund manager in the world | 小猎犬的客户会包括 全球最大的避险基金经理人吗? |
[18:42] | Jesse Bloom? | 杰西布鲁 |
[18:45] | Heard he was a nightmare. | 听说他很难搞 |
[18:46] | Demanding. Flaky. A brat. | 咄咄逼人,怪里怪气,老顽童 |
[18:50] | He never screens my calls. | 他从不无视我的电话 |
[18:52] | So, commission-wise, I am a game-changer. | 以我赚到的佣金能颠覆一切 |
[18:57] | Places like this don’t cover people like Jesse, with all due respect. | 恕我直言 这间公司无法应对像杰西的客户 |
[19:00] | So, a trader, a game-changer… | 所以是交易员和颠覆者 |
[19:05] | and? | 还有呢? |
[19:07] | Experience. | 有经验的人 |
[19:13] | Seems pricey for some war stories and aphorisms. | 聘请经验老手的价格似乎有点高昂 |
[19:15] | Guys, shall we drop the charade? | 各位,我们别再假惺惺了 |
[19:19] | We’re deigning to meet you. | 和你们会面是我们吃亏 |
[19:22] | We’re punching down… | 我们放下身段让你们能抬高身价 |
[19:24] | so you might get a slim opportunity to punch up. | |
[19:27] | Everyone knows this place is on life-support. | 所有人都知道这地方是在苟延残喘 |
[19:31] | Don’t let this whole “sat across from you” BS | 别因为我们坐在对面而搞错状况 |
[19:34] | this inversion of status mess with your heads. | |
[19:37] | Make us a very good offer… | 给我们优渥的职位 |
[19:39] | and we’ll weigh coming here and upgrading you | 我们再考虑加入并提升你们的价值 |
[19:42] | via our very presence. | |
[19:45] | We come from a proper shop. | 我们从顶尖企业来的 |
[19:47] | We can make you a proper shop. | 也能把你们打造成顶尖企业 |
[19:51] | So, offer. Else, there’s the door. You can be the ones to walk out. | 不录取我们就离开 是你们要离开 |
[20:00] | Eric… what the absolute fuck, mate? | 艾瑞克,你到底在做什么? |
[20:02] | I did you a favor. | 我帮了你一个忙 |
[20:04] | At Pierpoint, we murder each other in broad daylight | 我们在码点光明正大地较劲 |
[20:06] | to win share acceptable. I’m not going to a place | 为了获利没有问题 我不要待在暗中互相攻击 却全盘皆输的地方 |
[20:08] | where we knife each other in the back to share nothing but losses. | |
[20:11] | It’s fucking reprehensible to torpedo something like that. | 你这样玉石俱焚令人无法接受 |
[20:14] | Put your chin up, man. | 振作点 |
[20:15] | Sell yourself at the level you carry yourself, for fuck’s sake. | 在与你相称的地方推销自己 |
[20:17] | This is beneath you. | 这地方不值得 |
[20:19] | – We have a giant squid, right? – Yeah. | 我们有王牌,对吧? |
[20:22] | Wine for my men. We ride imminently. | -对 -我们即刻动身 |
[20:24] | Yankee Stadium at 11. | 十一点到洋基佬的地盘 |
[20:28] | Don’t let that dinosaur go off-piste in the next meet. | -下一次别让那老古板失控 -我负责说话 |
[20:30] | – I’ll do the talking. – I will literally | 情况失控时我会中途打断他 |
[20:31] | cut him off mid-sentence if it starts to go south. | |
[20:33] | I don’t give a fuck. | 我管不了那么多 |
[20:34] | I’ll tell the Yankees that me and you are the totality of this offering | 我会跟洋基佬说 我和你才有录取价值 |
[20:37] | and he’s an expensive hanger-on. | 而他只会领高薪,攀关系 是个累赘,清楚吗? |
[20:39] | Dead-weight. Is that clear? | |
[20:41] | Very. We will be Yankees. I’m sure of it. | 非常清楚 我们会加入洋基,我很确定 |
[20:43] | Yeah, you’re very good at the empty salesman’s patter. | 你很擅长讲空泛的推销词 |
[20:47] | – Thank you. – Fuck! | -谢谢 -该死 |
[20:49] | Di’s got another thing coming | 如果小黛觉得要搬去郊区 那她就错了 |
[20:50] | if she thinks we’re gonna relocate to the countryside. | |
[20:52] | Did you know that Neil Hamilton’s a guest at my wedding? | 你知道尼尔汉米尔顿 来我的婚礼吗? |
[20:54] | How the fuck has that been allowed to happen? | 怎么会发生这种事情? |
[20:56] | The F1 driver? | 那个赛车选手? |
[20:58] | No. Not the F1 driver. | 不是赛车选手 |
[21:02] | I’m gonna go play the part at Pierpoint, all right? | -我先回码点,好吗? -好的 "我们得谈谈,打给我 我们可以做得更好" "杰西" 葛斯 |
[21:04] | Yep. | |
[21:28] | – Hey. – Hey, Gus. | |
[21:31] | Have you heard anything in the committee meetings | 你在委员会听说过 莱肯跟国民保健署签约的事吗? 或可能是跟快助签约 |
[21:33] | about the NHS contracts for Rican or maybe for even FastAide or… | |
[21:37] | anything that might be material for the FastAide share price? | 或任何快助股价的重要资讯吗? |
[21:42] | And to Jesse Bloom? | 提供给杰西布鲁? |
[21:44] | Any intel on that space? | 有任何消息吗? |
[21:46] | Harper… what are you doing? | 荷波,你在做什么? |
[21:48] | I’m not asking for anything confidential. | 我不是要任何机密资料 |
[21:50] | I’m not asking you to tell me anything privileged. | 我不是要你泄密 |
[21:52] | It’s just whispers, right? They’re just whispers. | 只是谣言而已,对吧? |
[21:55] | Even if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you. | 就算我知道,我也不会跟你说 |
[21:56] | It’s illegal and unethical and deeply, deeply stupid. | 这是违法又不道德的行为 而且非常愚蠢 |
[21:59] | Okay, fine. Can I speak to Aurore, then? | 好吧,那让我跟奥萝儿说话 我只需要两分钟 |
[22:01] | I just need two minutes. | |
[22:02] | Harper, what fucking line are you doing this on? | 荷波,你是用哪一支电话打给我的? |
[22:05] | I’m going to do you the biggest favor I could possibly do you right now… | 我现在唯一能为你做的事 |
[22:08] | and hang up. | 就是挂掉电话 |
[22:15] | Hello? | 有人在吗? |
[22:21] | Hello? | 有人在吗? |
[22:55] | Hey, Siri. Stop the music. | 语音助理,关掉音乐 |
[23:01] | Is there a more gross phrase in the English language | 有比"名人御用设计师" 更夸张的说法吗? |
[23:04] | than “designer to the stars”? | |
[23:07] | Got the woman who did George Soros’ house | 我请到乔治索罗斯的室内设计师 |
[23:09] | she asked me if I had any opinions of my own. | 她问我有没有任何想法 |
[23:13] | Harrowing question. | 折磨人的问题 |
[23:20] | I quite like what you’ve done with it. | 我喜欢你的室内设计 |
[23:23] | What’s your last name, man? | 你的姓氏是什么? |
[23:25] | – Sackey. – Augustus Sackey. | 萨基 葛斯萨基 |
[23:28] | I’m using the Wu-Tang Name Generator | 我要用武当名字生成器 为李欧的基金命名 |
[23:30] | to try and figure out what to call Leo’s fund | |
[23:33] | if he follows his dad into the family business. | 如果他追随老爸加入家族企业 "葛斯萨基" |
[23:37] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[23:41] | The “Iron Toad Attacker” Long-Only. | "钢铁蟾蜍战士"? 只做多? |
[23:44] | You reckon that’ll stop us raising cash? | 你觉得会赚钱吗? |
[23:46] | I’m pretty sure Leo doesn’t want to go into finance. | 我确信李欧不想从事金融业 |
[23:49] | The more you push it, the harder it’ll get. | 越逼迫他就越难说服 |
[23:51] | You’re lecturing me right now on abuse of power? | 你在训斥我滥用权力? |
[23:55] | The guy who I hired to tutor my son | 我为儿子聘请的家教 |
[23:57] | who then slept with him? | 最后跟他上床的男人? |
[23:59] | I mean, I’m rich enough to be a Democrat | 就像我有当民主党员的资本 |
[24:01] | but you think that sits well with me? | 但你觉得我适合吗? |
[24:05] | I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:07] | It crept up on both of us. It was very unprofessional. | 这对我们都是意料之外 这很不专业 |
[24:17] | Sadly, my own looks have declined to the point | 只可惜我现在的外貌 沦落到只有女人愿意和我上床 |
[24:19] | where only women will sleep with me. | |
[24:25] | So, he’s been drifting long enough. | 他飘泊够久了 |
[24:28] | He’ll either follow me back to New York or… I dunno. | 可能会和我一起回纽约 不晓得‥ |
[24:34] | I’ll cut him off? | 断了他的金援? |
[24:36] | Isn’t that what people with means | 有钱人都这样教训难搞的孩子吧? |
[24:37] | are meant to do with their unruly kids? | |
[24:42] | Maybe he won’t be passionate about it | 他或许不会太激动 |
[24:44] | but it might surprise him. | 但应该会受到惊吓 |
[24:47] | And obviously, all the romantic ideals | 显然效法普鲁斯特的浪漫气息 |
[24:50] | of Proust and spires and all that shit | |
[24:53] | that was more about me than him. | 比较符合我,而不是他 |
[24:56] | ‘Cause it turns out… | 因为再有钱也没办法买到 要有人际网才行 |
[24:58] | money couldn’t buy it without a network. | |
[25:05] | Nothing but net. | 空心刷网 |
[25:09] | All right, man. | 老弟 |
[25:12] | I assume you don’t want Her Majesty’s tithe collectors | 你应该不希望被女王的 什一收税者看到这个 |
[25:14] | getting their hands on this. | |
[25:24] | There’s a colossal amount here. | 这是一笔庞大的数目 |
[25:27] | Yeah, I thought thirty-odd-K would cover it. | 没错,我觉得差不多三万 |
[25:31] | He didn’t get in. | 他没被录取 |
[25:33] | Yeah, but that doesn’t reflect on your tutelage. | 没错,但跟你的指导无关 |
[25:36] | I mean, I could tell he tried. | 我看得出来他尽力了,也很失望 |
[25:38] | I could tell he was disappointed. | |
[25:40] | And I could tell he wanted comfort even from me. | 也感受到他想要安慰,我的安慰 |
[25:43] | We’ve made some progress. So, thank you. | 这是一大进展 谢谢你 |
[25:51] | Imagine how much it would’ve been if you got him in. | 想像一下录取的话有多少钱 |
[25:55] | Hey, Siri, resume the beat. | 语音助理 重新播放音乐 |
[26:09] | His Highness is very a la mode. | 这名王室走在流行的尖端 |
[26:12] | You know, big in NFTs. | 关注非同质化代币市场 |
[26:14] | Right now he’s obsessed with buying the Beach Boys back catalogue. | 他现在热衷于购买海滩男孩的典藏 |
[26:18] | Savvy. | 真精明 |
[26:20] | But really, he’s a conduit to the people he knows. | 他是握有所有人脉的管道 |
[26:25] | His network is full of those | 他认识许多不想上富豪排行的人 |
[26:27] | who don’t want to be anywhere near Forbes. | |
[26:29] | The actual richest people are only interested | 真正的有钱人只想隐藏他们的身价 |
[26:33] | in hiding their net worth. | |
[26:35] | Because they’re afraid of being eaten. | 因为他们担心被吃掉 |
[26:39] | “Eat the rich.” Sorry, terrible joke. | "吃掉有钱人" 抱歉,很糟的笑话 |
[26:43] | Well, feel free to observe. | 欢迎你观摩 |
[26:46] | And, of course, we are rather delicious. | 当然,我们也非常美味 |
[26:52] | I’m having a little gathering at my apartment tomorrow. | 我的住处明天有个聚会 |
[26:56] | I’d love you to be there. | 希望你能来参加 |
[26:58] | I think it would be helpful to you to meet some of my people. | 我觉得认识一些朋友对你有帮助 |
[27:06] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[27:13] | – Hey. – Hi. | |
[27:14] | What’s up? What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[27:16] | I’m sorry I didn’t want to disturb you. | 抱歉,我不想打扰你 |
[27:19] | I just didn’t know who to come to. | 我只是不知道该找谁帮忙 |
[27:21] | I didn’t want to go to Kenny first | 我不想先去找肯尼 |
[27:23] | and Jackie’s not exactly approachable. | 贾姬也不太适合 |
[27:25] | Can we go somewhere more private? | 我们可以去比较隐密的地方吗? |
[27:28] | I can’t, I have to be in this meeting. | 没办法,我必须开会 |
[27:32] | I went to dinner with Robert and this client… | 我和罗伯跟一位客户共进晚餐 |
[27:36] | and after the dinner she offered me a lift home… | 饭后她提议送我一程 |
[27:40] | and… | 然后‥ |
[27:43] | she sexually assaulted me. | 她侵犯了我 |
[27:47] | – She? – Yeah. She. | 女生? 对,女生 |
[27:52] | Right this way, gentlemen. | 这边请 |
[27:58] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[28:01] | I’m fine, yeah. It’s fine. | 我没事 |
[28:04] | I stopped it before it could go too far. | 我在事情变得更严重前阻止她 但我觉得这件事不能隐瞒或不通报 |
[28:06] | But it just feels like something that shouldn’t go | |
[28:09] | unsaid or unreported. | |
[28:13] | And you’re sure it was an assault? Just, you know… | 你确定是侵犯? 侵犯这种事是有差别的 |
[28:17] | assault is a sliding scale. | |
[28:21] | Especially if you stopped it. | 尤其是你已经阻止了这件事 我觉得没有差别 |
[28:22] | Oh, I don’t think it is. | |
[28:26] | Well, just… if it was a sort of drunken pass? | 会不会只是醉后无礼? |
[28:30] | I mean, we’ve all been there. | 我们都经历过 |
[28:32] | But she tried to put her hand between my legs. | 但她想把手伸入我的双腿中间 |
[28:35] | I don’t know. If I were to call every unsolicited advance | 我不知道 如果把不请自来的亲近都视为侵犯 |
[28:39] | sexual assault, I mean… | |
[28:42] | I was assaulted yesterday by that metric. | 那我昨天应该也被侵犯了 |
[28:45] | You were? | 真的吗? |
[28:49] | Is she a big client? | 她是大客户吗? |
[28:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:53] | Do you ever have to see her again? | 你需要再去见她吗? |
[28:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:58] | Look, RIF is right round the corner, I think there’s your answer. | 人事裁减日快到了 这样你懂了吧 |
[29:03] | Look, cynically, this may even help you. | 这搞不好还对你有帮助 |
[29:10] | You strike me as pragmatic. | 我觉得你是个讲求实际的人 |
[29:15] | Now I think that would be good. | 我觉得这么做很好 |
[29:17] | And we can guarantee you access to Pierpoint’s box | 我们可以让你在卡达的世界杯决赛 坐在码点的包厢 |
[29:20] | at the World Cup Final in Qatar. | |
[29:22] | Oh, there she is. This is Yasmin Hanani. | 来了,这位是雅思敏哈纳尼 |
[29:26] | It’s an honor to meet you, Your Highness. | 见到您是我的荣幸,陛下 |
[29:29] | Sorry to keep you. | 抱歉让您久等了 |
[29:31] | Peace be unto you. | (阿语)愿你平安 |
[29:33] | – And unto you peace. | – And unto you peace. (阿语)也愿你平安 |
[29:36] | I’ve got lunch with Jesse, if you wanna join? | 我和杰西要吃午餐 你要加入吗? |
[29:41] | I’ll let you catch up. | 你们叙旧就好 |
[29:44] | I sorta look forward to seeing him now. | 有点期待见到他 |
[29:47] | You’ll be calling your dad soon. | 你很快就会喊他一声爸 |
[29:50] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[29:53] | I think his life was business | 我觉得他的事业和人生 |
[29:56] | making sweeping predictions about the prices of things | 根据人们的恐惧和贪婪 广泛预测事物的价钱 |
[30:01] | based on people’s fear and greed. | |
[30:04] | I think it genuinely might be one of the most asinine ways | 大概是最愚蠢的生活方式 |
[30:08] | of spending your hours on earth. | |
[30:13] | You might be right. | 你或许是对的 |
[30:19] | It was you, buddy. | 这要归功于你,兄弟 |
[30:23] | You made me feel like I could achieve something on my own. | 你让我觉得可以自己闯出一片天 |
[30:27] | You did a pretty convincing job pretending not to care. | 你倒是表现得毫不在乎 |
[30:32] | Because I really wanted it. | 因为我很渴望得到 |
[30:39] | I had everything given to me. | 我的一切都是被赐予的 |
[30:42] | But still, I applied myself. | 但我依旧很努力 |
[30:45] | That’s success, as I understand it. | 依我看,这就是成功 |
[30:50] | I’m just… | 我只是‥ |
[30:53] | I’m just glad you forced me to sit down and… | 很高兴你强迫我为自己争取 |
[30:56] | work on something myself. | |
[30:59] | Even if I fucking failed. | 即便我失败了 |
[31:09] | All will be well. | 一切都会没事的 |
[31:24] | – Don’t worry. – Yeah. | -别担心 -好的 |
[31:25] | Leave it with me. | 交给我处理 |
[31:30] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[31:31] | You did the right thing. | 你的决定是对的 |
[31:34] | Yo, why are you so late? | 你为什么这么晚到? |
[31:36] | Tooth needed filling in. | 需要去填牙 |
[31:37] | Been giving me Fred West level murder. | 过程堪比弗雷德韦斯特谋杀 |
[31:40] | – Hey, Danny is it? – Yeah. | -你是丹尼吧? -是的 |
[31:42] | Kenneth. Not sure we’ve met beyond head-nodding. | 我是肯尼 我们应该只是点头之交 |
[31:44] | I’m looking after the FX desk | 我和贾姬暂时负责管理外汇组 因为经理请病假 |
[31:46] | with Jackie Walsh while our MD’s off sick. | |
[31:48] | Bit of an interregnum for us. | 有点群龙无首 |
[31:50] | Yeah. Not unlike over here, man. | 我们情况差不多 |
[31:52] | Yeah, well, that’s exactly it. Do you mind? | 这正是我想说的 介意我坐下吗? |
[31:54] | No, please. | 不介意,请坐 |
[31:56] | I… | 我不知道这里的规则是什么 |
[31:58] | I don’t really know what the protocols around this stuff are | |
[32:02] | but since we’re the de-facto senior salespeople on the floor and… | 但我们是这层楼的资深业务员 |
[32:06] | This is actually quite sensitive. | 这话题有点敏感 |
[32:08] | Do you have a minute to conflab in private? | 能借一步私下谈话吗? |
[32:10] | Of course, sure. Yeah. | 没问题 |
[32:12] | This involves you, too. | 这也跟你有关 |
[32:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:21] | Venetia said she joined you for a client dinner. | 维妮莎说你们与客户共进晚餐 |
[32:24] | Yeah, she wanted client exposure pre-RIF. | 对,她想在人力裁减日前见见客户 |
[32:28] | What happened at dinner? | 发生什么事? |
[32:31] | Nothing. | 没什么事 |
[32:33] | Well, not nothing. | 也不能说没事 |
[32:36] | We ate and we chatted a bit. They got on. | 我们吃饭闲聊 她们聊开了 |
[32:40] | And I wasn’t drinking, so I left them to finish up | 我不喝酒,所以我让她们继续聊 |
[32:43] | and told Ven to pay the bill. | 请小维付账就先走了 |
[32:46] | And then when I came back, they were gone. | 我回去时她们已经离开了 |
[32:48] | Why did you go back? | 你为什么回去? |
[32:51] | I forgot my wallet. | 我忘了拿皮夹 |
[32:52] | But you left Ven to pay? | 但你请小维付账? |
[32:55] | She has a corporate AMEX. How’s that even possible for a grad? | 她有商务卡吗? 毕业生怎么会有? |
[32:59] | I gave her mine. | 我把卡给她 |
[33:03] | So, you must have had your wallet in your hand as you left | 所以你离开时手上一定有皮夹 |
[33:06] | but then you forgot your wallet? | 但后来忘记了? |
[33:13] | And then you called her? | 然后你打电话给她? 对,我只是想确认她到家了 |
[33:17] | Yeah, I just wanted to check that she got back all right. | |
[33:21] | Even though you left first? | 即便你先离开了? |
[33:31] | In all the time you’ve been covering Nicole | 在你服务妮可的这段时间 |
[33:32] | have you witnessed… | 是否目击让任何人 感到不自在的行为吗? |
[33:34] | any behavior that made you | |
[33:36] | or any person you work with, uncomfortable? | |
[33:44] | No. | -没有 -没有吗? |
[33:45] | Now because this is not an in-house, peer-to-peer disciplinary issue. | 因为这不是内部同事间的纪律问题 |
[33:48] | It involves a client. | 这牵涉到客户 |
[33:50] | The correct channel is a bit… fuzzy. | 处理管道有点模糊 |
[33:52] | Well, it became my responsibility the moment she told you. | 她告诉你的当下 就是我们的责任调查清楚 |
[33:55] | It’s unacceptable for her to attend a dinner and be unsafe. | 她不能出席晚餐又没有获得保护 |
[33:58] | It’s reprehensible. | 这要受到谴责的 |
[34:01] | Bill Adler’s in the building meeting with the desk heads pre-RIF. | 比尔艾德勒和小组经理 在人事裁减日前开会 |
[34:06] | I’ll run it up the chain, we’ll go from there. | 我会跟上头报告并开始调查 |
[34:08] | Thanks, Rob. | 谢谢你,罗伯 |
[34:16] | It’s all so competitive, you know. | 现在充满竞争 |
[34:19] | You feel guilty pushing them into these schools. | 逼迫他们就读名校也会感到愧疚 |
[34:22] | And then are you, or they, getting their money’s worth? | 这一切的投资值得吗? |
[34:26] | Is that the sickness of the system talking? | 还是只是受到病态的体系影响? |
[34:29] | Candace… | 康迪丝监督女儿们的学业 |
[34:32] | Candace looks after the girls’ school results. | |
[34:34] | I try and do the culture. | 我试着灌输文化素养 |
[34:37] | Bit of Pixar. | 看动画电影,参访画廊 |
[34:39] | A gallery sometimes. | |
[34:41] | They even have me reading poetry, can you believe it? | 她们甚至要我朗诵诗词,不敢相信 |
[34:47] | This feels good. | 这感觉真好 |
[34:49] | Feels right. | 感觉对了 |
[34:51] | Well, it’s a boon for us to have you in the building. | 你能够来这里对我们大有助益 |
[34:55] | Call me overly romantic | 说我太浪漫也行 |
[34:56] | but I’ve always wanted to know what these pinstripes feel like | 但我一直想在高挂球衣之前 感受一下这种待遇 |
[35:01] | before hanging up my jersey. | |
[35:03] | And if you can gut the Red Sox in the process. | 而且又能捅红袜队一刀 |
[35:06] | Win-win, right? | 双赢局面,是吧? |
[35:09] | Win-win. | 双赢 |
[35:10] | If we keep telling you how good you are | 如果你们公司已经够好了 |
[35:13] | why hire us? | 为何要聘用我们? |
[35:14] | I agree. | 我认同 |
[35:15] | So, do you wanna tell us where the holes are in our business? | 那你要说说我们公司的疏漏吗? |
[35:20] | You’ve over-juniorized the trading desks. | 你们低估了交易组 |
[35:22] | Accounts want to know that they’re seeing the flows | 客户想看到资金流入 |
[35:24] | or get the best price. | 或拿到最好的交易 |
[35:26] | – You can’t be neither. – He’s right, Doug. | -不能两者皆空 -他说的对,道格 |
[35:28] | You need our dynamism… | 你需要我们的活力 |
[35:30] | because reputations are burned while they’re enjoyed. | 生于忧患,死于安乐 |
[35:34] | Apologies. | 我道歉 |
[35:39] | Apologies. I loathe late people. | 抱歉,我也厌恶迟到的人 |
[35:43] | You know Daria. She’s a very new MD in our team. | 你们认识达莉雅 她是我们组内的新董事总经理 |
[35:52] | I had no idea you were still in the business. | 我不知道你还在同行工作 |
[35:57] | Yeah, took 18 months maternity. | 请了18个月的产假 |
[35:59] | I haven’t officially started yet | 我还没正式回归岗位 |
[36:01] | but I heard you were in the building | 但我听说你在这里,我不想错过 |
[36:03] | and I didn’t want to miss out. | |
[36:07] | I was just talking to Jesse Bloom. | 我刚在跟杰西布鲁谈话 |
[36:10] | You know him, right? | 你们认识他吧? |
[36:14] | We’re all friends. | 那我们都是朋友罗 |
[36:15] | We’ve been tryna convince him to stop out of a short… | 我们一直想说服他平仓离场 为做空的亏损止血 |
[36:18] | he’s hemorrhaging money on. | |
[36:19] | He calls for our desk’s council, non-stop. | 他不断联络我们组寻求咨询 |
[36:23] | We’re a team here, you see. | 我们是一个团队 |
[36:26] | He’s still running it? He hasn’t stopped out yet? | 他还没停手,还没平仓吗? |
[36:28] | Oh, you work here already, do you? | 你已经在这里工作了吗? |
[36:32] | Doug, I didn’t know we were adding to our Senior Relationship Managers? | 道格,我没听说要增加 客户关系管理资深经理 |
[36:36] | Didn’t they send you upstairs, Eric? | 他们把你调到楼上了吧,艾瑞克? |
[36:38] | Gotta cut the mustard. Truth be told. | 我们先切入重点 说实话 |
[36:41] | You’re kinda helping us materially… | 你们坐在这里就有实质的帮助了 |
[36:45] | just by being in the room now. | |
[36:48] | We’ve been in negotiations with a… | 几个月来,我们都在跟竞争对手的 跨商品交易组谈条件 |
[36:50] | competitor’s CPS team for months. | |
[36:53] | Let’s call them… “Shogun”. | 我们暂且称对方为"征夷" |
[36:56] | Is that problematic? I hope not. | 希望这不会造成问题 |
[36:58] | They’ve been chasing us on terms. Inviting you here. | 他们不断想修改合约 邀请你们来这里‥ 他们一定会有所耳闻 |
[37:01] | Well, we kind of knew they’d get wind of it. | |
[37:05] | Hopefully, this will spook them into signing. | 希望这样能惊动他们尽快签约 |
[37:08] | Daria’s going to run that team for us. | 达莉雅会负责管理那个小组 |
[37:11] | Frankly, we’re tickled pink at the prospect. | 坦白说,我们很看好这样的前景 |
[37:16] | I’m sure another opportunity to collaborate… | 我相信我们很快就有其他合作机会 |
[37:20] | is just around the corner for me and you. | |
[37:26] | What did I ever do for you to fuck me like this, Doug? | 我哪里得罪你 需要这样恶整我? |
[37:31] | If the roles were reversed… | 如果立场互换 |
[37:33] | I’d applaud. | 我会为你喝采 |
[37:35] | So should you. | 你也应该如此 |
[37:41] | Touché, you fucking prick. | 说得真好听 你这个浑蛋 |
[37:45] | Oh, no need for handbags, gentlemen. | 男士们,不用浪费口舌 |
[37:48] | You know the rough and tumble of this business. | 你们知道这行业是一场混战 |
[37:51] | Anything else you wanted from these three? | 还想从这三位获得什么资讯吗? |
[37:55] | No. | 不用,我都有了 |
[37:57] | I’ve got everything I need. | |
[38:11] | Didn’t know you were a smoker. | 我不知道你是老烟枪 |
[38:13] | I nicked them from Harper’s desk. | 我从荷波桌上偷的 |
[38:31] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[38:34] | About whatever happened. | 不论到底发生什么事‥ |
[38:37] | I think I overreacted bringing it up. | 我好像小题大作了 |
[38:41] | I feel fucking stupid. | 我觉得自己好愚蠢 |
[38:43] | And to be honest, I have no idea how to feel about it now. | 说实话,我不知道该作何感想 |
[38:47] | I don’t think you overreacted. | 我觉得你没有小题大作 |
[38:50] | I’m surprised they’ve let you out of the room. | 真意外他们这么快就让你离开 |
[38:51] | Yeah, they don’t have the protocols in place to deal with it. | 他们没有制定规章处理这种事 |
[38:57] | Yeah, there’s a bit of a leadership vacuum, I think. | 对,因为群龙无首吧 |
[39:03] | I think you knew. | 我觉得你早就知道了 |
[39:07] | Excuse me? | 什么意思? |
[39:08] | You heard me. | 你听到我说的了 |
[39:10] | You don’t have a normal relationship with that woman. | 听你和那女人讲话的方式 你们的关系非同小可 |
[39:13] | The way you spoke to each other. | |
[39:15] | I cover her. | 我是她的理专 |
[39:17] | That’s a deeply personal relationship when it’s successful. | 经营成功就已经是私人的交情了 |
[39:21] | – You’re projecting. – Bullshit. | -你想多了 -胡说 |
[39:23] | She spoke to you, like you were… her toy. | 她和你说话的方式 好像你是她的玩物 |
[39:27] | Just a play-thing. | 只是个玩物 |
[39:28] | So did you. | 你也是 |
[39:32] | Look, I’m so sorry that… | 听着,我很抱歉 |
[39:37] | that it happened to you. | 这些事情发生在你身上 |
[39:39] | It’s okay. | 没关系,你不知道,对吧? |
[39:41] | You weren’t to know, right? | |
[39:45] | I mean, it’s not like you sent me a concerned voice-note or anything. | 你也没有传一则忧心忡忡的留言 |
[39:54] | Let’s run it up to here first, get a bit of a steer | 我们先知会理事 握有掌控权 再视情况让人资介入 |
[39:56] | and then we can see if we need to involve HR. | |
[39:58] | – I’ll do it right away. – Grand. | -我马上去办 -没问题 |
[40:00] | Great, thanks. | 好的,谢谢 |
[40:01] | Where the fuck is Rishi, by the way? | 瑞希又去哪里了? 看牙医或洁牙师 |
[40:04] | Dentist, he said. Or… hygienist. | |
[40:07] | Again? What has he got, a fucking abscess? | 又去? 他长脓包吗? |
[40:11] | – I need to talk to you. – Man, can it wait? | -我得跟你谈谈 -等一下 |
[40:13] | This day is just evaporating before my eyes. | 今天时间过太快 五分钟后我要跟艾德勒开会 我稍早说谎了 |
[40:15] | – I’m meeting with Adler in five. – I lied earlier. | |
[40:18] | What’s again? | 再说一次 |
[40:19] | I lied about Nicole. We had a sexual relationship. | 关于妮可的事 我们发生过性关系 |
[40:23] | Whoa, man. That’s very thorny. | 老天,这很棘手 -你确定吗? -这话是什么意思? |
[40:25] | – Are you sure? – What do you mean am I sure? | |
[40:27] | No idea why I said that, my brain is fucking fritzed. | 我不知道为何那样说 我的大脑短路了 |
[40:29] | Are you a mad man? Out of all the women? | 你疯了吗? 天底下这么多女人 |
[40:31] | What do you mean, of all the women? | 这话什么意思? 我们一起合作,变得很亲密 |
[40:32] | We worked together, it became intimate. | |
[40:33] | – Is that really strange? – No, it’s deeply naive | -很奇怪吗? -这样太天真又不专业 |
[40:35] | and unprofessional. That behavior will always blow back in your face. | 这种行为最后一定会反咬你一口 |
[40:38] | Y’know that’s the kinda shit you have to disclose to the regulators, right? | 这种事必须呈报,你知道吧? |
[40:41] | I’m correctly assuming it was consensual? | 我合理推断是两厢情愿? |
[40:44] | – Correct. – I feel like | -没错 -这让早上的事情变得更复杂 |
[40:45] | this is an added complication that doesn’t help this morning’s events. | |
[40:47] | It muddles the picture. | 案情变得不单纯 |
[40:48] | Where is our fucking head trader? I have 50 clients wanting prices. | 该死的主要交易员在哪里? 我有五十个客户在等报价 |
[40:51] | I know it’s a pattern of behavior. | -我知道这是屡犯 -瑞希看牙医这件事吗? |
[40:52] | What is? Rishi’s fucking dental work? | |
[40:53] | No, Nicole! | 是妮可 |
[40:58] | I don’t know the details, but… | 我不知道细节 但我知道刚入职时 荷波也经历了一些事 |
[41:00] | I know that something happened to Harper when we first joined. | |
[41:05] | What… are you serious? She told you that? | 你是认真的吗? 她亲口跟你说的? |
[41:08] | All, but… yeah. | 对,差不多 |
[41:12] | Fuck, she been holding that in the whole time? | 可恶,她一直隐瞒这件事吗? |
[41:17] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[41:24] | Why are you involving me in something so low-level? | 为何要把我卷入这么低俗的事情? |
[41:26] | This doesn’t say much for our duty of care | 毕业生遇到这种事 表示我们没有尽到照顾义务 |
[41:29] | if this shit is happening to grads. | |
[41:32] | Well, if you wanna manage, then make management decisions. | 如果你想管理 那就像管理阶层一样做出决定 |
[41:35] | Take a course of action. | 付出行动 |
[41:36] | If you’d thought I was ready for management | 如果你觉得我准备好接手管理 |
[41:38] | then you might have promoted me as promised. | 那你会履行承诺给我升迁 |
[41:41] | I’m sorry, is this about you or about the new hire? | 现在是讨论你还是新进员工? |
[41:47] | I’m worried it’s a pattern. | 我担心这是屡犯 |
[41:49] | The client did the same thing to Harper Stern on her desk. | 那个客户对荷波做出一样的事 |
[41:55] | That kid prints a ton of biz. | 那女孩业绩很不错 |
[41:59] | You close? | 你们很熟吗? |
[42:02] | No. I just suspended her for… | 没有,她被我停职了 |
[42:06] | fucking over one of our trader’s books. | 因为搞砸一个交易员的账目 |
[42:09] | Well, I still want her business in New York | 我想要她协助纽约的业务 |
[42:11] | but I don’t want her in another HR entanglement | 但有鉴于她的过往 我不想要她再和人资纠结不清 |
[42:13] | given her history. | |
[42:14] | I don’t want more HR noise anywhere on that floor. | 我不要再听到人事纠纷 |
[42:19] | What I tend to do in these situations is sit on them. | 这种情况下我的作法倾向于拖延 |
[42:23] | You’d think they fester but in the aggregate, they just | 你以为情况会恶化 但最后只会无疾而终 |
[42:25] | you know, they just go away. | |
[42:29] | So, you want me to bury it all? | 所以你希望我压下这些事? |
[42:33] | Let it bury itself. | 让它自然消退 |
[42:36] | And, Danny, I’ve gotta put in facetime | 我要安排时间 在人事裁减日和新血面谈 |
[42:38] | with the new blood on RIF. | |
[42:39] | And fold London CPS with God knows how many redundancies. | 解散伦敦的跨商品交易组 解雇数名员工 |
[42:43] | I really don’t have the minutes in the day for mosquitoes like this. | 我没有时间处理这种芝麻小事 |
[42:46] | Right, sorry. | 了解,抱歉 |
[42:52] | You know it’s always gratifying to see my former students do so well | 听到以前的学生表现优良 总是让我欢喜 |
[42:55] | and the Politics faculty talk about Aurore more than is healthy. | 政治学院经常提起奥萝儿 |
[42:59] | Yeah, moderate, sensible, conservatism. | 温和,理智,守旧 |
[43:02] | Something radical in that, I suppose. | 又有些激进 |
[43:05] | Yes, she was one of my ablest. Do give her my very best. | 她是我众多杰出学生之一 代我向她问好 |
[43:08] | How did you two connect then? | 你们怎么认识的? |
[43:10] | Well, through a mutual friend. | 透过共同朋友 |
[43:14] | So, I know this chap… | 我认识一个小伙子 |
[43:17] | just out of Eton who was interviewing for History and Politics. | 刚从伊顿公学毕业 来历史与政治学系面试 |
[43:21] | Sadly, he didn’t quite make the cut | 可惜没被录取 |
[43:23] | but I just wanted to, you know, shine a light on him. | 我只是想为他开路 |
[43:27] | Leo Bloom. You may have heard of his father, Jesse. | 他叫李欧布鲁 你应该听过他的父亲,杰西 |
[43:29] | He runs Crotona Park Capital. | 他经营克托纳资本 |
[43:31] | Oh, yeah… of course, yeah. | 当然知道,前阵子常出现在新闻上 |
[43:32] | He was all over the news at one point, right? | |
[43:34] | Profiteering off misery. | 从别人痛苦中获益 |
[43:36] | Yes. | 是 |
[43:38] | Well, his son, Leo’s really, very smart. | 他的儿子李欧非常聪明 |
[43:42] | You’d like his energy. He’s a quick study. | 你会喜欢他的活力 他学习速度极快 |
[43:45] | I think you’d like spending a few hours a week with him. | 你应该会喜欢一周和他相处几小时 |
[43:48] | So, I was just wondering if there was anything we could… do? | 所以我想问 我们能不能提供任何协助? |
[43:56] | Do? | 协助? |
[43:58] | As regards? | 哪方面的协助? |
[44:01] | Bump him up the ladder. | 助他一臂之力 |
[44:02] | Find a place in college for next Michaelmas. | 在秋季让他入学 |
[44:08] | Well, you know, I mean… | 我们不常做这种事 |
[44:11] | we’re not really set up for that sort of thing. | |
[44:15] | I’ve been thinking recently… Actually… | 我最近在思考 也和奥萝儿聊过 回馈我们的大学母校有多重要 |
[44:17] | speaking to Aurore about how important it is for us | |
[44:19] | to give back to the institutions that shape us. | |
[44:22] | I thought perhaps there could be some kind of conduit | 或许政治部门可以和校方建立管道 |
[44:24] | between the college and the department. | |
[44:26] | Maybe we could make a parliamentary internship | 我们能提供国会实习机会 给一名政经哲学系学生 |
[44:30] | for one of the outgoing PPE students. | |
[44:35] | Well, it would be great if Aurore could | 如果奥萝儿能回来和入围者谈话 那真是太好了 |
[44:38] | come back and speak to the finalists. | |
[44:41] | We’d definitely be open to starting those conversations. | 我们很乐意开始讨论如何进行 |
[44:44] | We only have six places for History and Politics this year. | 今年历史与政治学系只有六个名额 |
[44:46] | Surely there’s someone who would love some potential work experience | 我相信一定有人 想取得为国务大臣工作的经验 |
[44:49] | in a minister’s office. | |
[44:54] | Do you remember Stiffy, a few years above you at school? | 你还记得史帝夫,前几届的学长 |
[44:58] | I think he went back and taught Mandarin | 我记得他回去教华语和板球 室内板球,你还在B区的时候 |
[45:00] | and cricket, house cricket, when you were in B block. | |
[45:04] | I helped him out a bit with the application here. | 我协助他申请入学 |
[45:05] | Nothing underhand, of course, just a little advice. | 绝对没有耍手段 只是提供一点建议 |
[45:08] | Well, Stiffy Minor has just landed a place in this year’s intake. | 而他的儿子在今年的新生名单中 |
[45:13] | I could speak to him about a potential gap year. | 我可以和他谈谈壮游年的可能性 |
[45:18] | I mean, that would certainly put him in a better position | 这确实能大大帮助他 未来毕业后的发展 |
[45:20] | for life, post-degree. | |
[45:23] | And this Leo, is intelligent? | 你说这位李欧很聪明 |
[45:26] | – Very. – And he’s an OE? | 非常聪明 他是一项资产? |
[45:29] | Yup. | 是的 |
[45:30] | He’s one of us? A PLU? | 他和我们一样 同类人 |
[45:34] | I’m sure we can figure something out. | 我相信我们会有办法 |
[45:36] | Let me speak to Stiffy’s father. | 我先和史帝夫的父亲谈 |
[45:41] | Always had you pegged for politics. | 一直认定你适合从政 |
[45:50] | You drink whiskey at a wake, right? | 在告别式上才喝威士忌,对吧? |
[45:55] | I just don’t know, Eric. | 我不知道,艾瑞克 |
[45:58] | Know what? Three more whiskeys, doubles. | 不知道什么? 再来三杯威士忌,双份 |
[46:02] | Why we brought you. | 为什么要带上你 |
[46:05] | You’re a fucking loss, mate. Honestly. | 老实说,你是最不重要的 |
[46:06] | – Don’t talk to him like that. – You can fuck off and all. | -别跟他这样讲话 -你滚吧 |
[46:09] | You’re a total catastrophe. I swear you’re cursed. | 你就是个灾难,肯定被诅咒了 |
[46:15] | I’m gonna go back to the office. Put my head down. | 我要低调地回公司 |
[46:18] | We can’t pretend this didn’t happen. | 我们不能假装一切没事 |
[46:21] | Pierpoint finds out five minutes from now or five minutes ago. | 码点在五分钟前后就会知道 |
[46:25] | Cat’s voided bag. | 这不再是秘密 |
[46:27] | What about Credit Suisse? | 瑞士信贷集团,摩根大通 摩根士丹利银行,巴克莱银行 都能试试吧? |
[46:29] | JP Morgan, MS, Barclays? We can try those, no? | |
[46:32] | Some cunt will hit a lazy bird and have us, surely? | 会有蠢蛋用合理的薪资收留我们 是吧? |
[46:36] | The chatter from today will materially hurt us. | 今天的事情对我们会是一大打击 |
[46:40] | If I was at any of those places | 如果我在这些公司接到电话 |
[46:42] | and was to pick up the phone to our equivalents now | |
[46:46] | desperation reeks like cheap cologne. | 我们的绝望像廉价古龙水一样刺鼻 |
[46:50] | Do I look like a Duty-Free kind of guy to you? | 我看起来像是便宜货吗? |
[46:53] | They’d offer us an insulting package. | 他们提的薪资一定很侮辱人 |
[46:56] | Rightly so. | 理应如此 |
[47:01] | I need to slash something terrible. | 我需要摔东西发泄 |
[47:09] | You should take that. | 你应该接电话 |
[47:21] | Harper, I’m glad I got you. | 荷波,幸好联络上你 |
[47:23] | Yeah, what’s up? | 怎么了? |
[47:25] | Just having a day from hell. | 刚渡过地狱般的一天 |
[47:28] | Look. | 听着 |
[47:30] | I think I know why you are the way you are with me at work. | 我大概明白你在公司对我的态度 |
[47:33] | I know people in this business have hurt you. | 我知道你受到伤害 |
[47:38] | And I know you feel you haven’t been able to speak out. | 我也知道你觉得说不出口 |
[47:40] | I’m getting a lot of pressure from above to bury it myself | 上头对我施压要隐瞒此事 |
[47:43] | but I know it’s a pattern now. | 但我现在知道这是固定模式 |
[47:49] | It’s the whole damn culture. It’s fucking Adler, man. | 整个文化生态都病了 该死的艾德勒 |
[47:51] | I feel a bit sick. | 我感到恶心 |
[48:01] | Okay, I hear you. | 我理解你的意思 |
[48:04] | Can we have this conversation in person? | 我们可以面对面谈吗? |
[48:06] | No, I can’t get off the desk. | 不行,我不能离开岗位 |
[48:08] | I’d really like to have this conversation in person, now. | 我真的很希望能当面谈 |
[48:11] | Drink. Usual spot. Right now. | 喝酒的老地方,就是现在 |
[48:15] | Okay. Just gimme a couple minutes. | 没问题,等我几分钟 "向右看" "向左看" "向上看" "蠢蛋" |
[48:49] | News of our mutiny hit? | 是我们叛变的消息吗? |
[48:51] | No, it was something else. | 不是,是其他事 |
[48:55] | How did we not know the Yankees covered Bloom? | 我们怎么没发现 洋基佬是布鲁的理专? |
[49:00] | We shouldn’t have said we own him. | 不该说他是我们的独家客户 |
[49:03] | It was a lie. | 这是个谎言 |
[49:04] | I did think that he cut me loose, but… | 他确实不联系我了 虽然听起来荒谬 |
[49:08] | I mean, as ridiculous as this sounds | |
[49:10] | the fact that he hasn’t stopped out of that FastAide position | 但他还没对快助平仓离场 |
[49:12] | means I’m still in his head. | 代表我对他还有影响力 |
[49:15] | He’s not the kind of guy who wants anodyne | 他不想要达莉雅那样只会止血 应声附和的处理方式 |
[49:17] | Daria style, “parrot a broker note” coverage. | |
[49:20] | He wants edge. | 他想要优势 |
[49:24] | He wants someone who can say, “I know for certain.” | 他想要一个信念坚定的人 |
[49:36] | I think that you’re too geared towards steady income instruments. | 你太着重在稳定收益工具 |
[49:40] | Too many bonds. | 太多限制 |
[49:41] | And it would be fantastic if you… | 如果你能够‥ |
[49:48] | I’m so sorry. Must be an emergency. | 我很抱歉,这应该很紧急 我很抱歉 |
[49:51] | I’m so sorry. | |
[50:01] | Sportswashing objectively works… | 体育洗白显然有成果 |
[50:03] | but buying a chunk of Chelsea Football Club? | 但买下切尔西足球俱乐部的股份? |
[50:05] | I need to have a serious word with you. | 我必须和你谈正事 |
[50:07] | Venetia told me that she came to you | 维妮莎说她去找你谈 非常严重的事情 |
[50:09] | with something very serious | |
[50:11] | and your response was very disappointing. | 而你的反应让人失望 |
[50:14] | From the outside, it looks like you were trying to silence her. | 似乎是想让她闭嘴 |
[50:18] | You do realize that | 你必须了解 |
[50:20] | facts presented to me lead me to that conclusion. | 我接收到的资讯让我得到这结论 |
[50:23] | It’s the exact opposite of pastoral care. | 这违背照顾心灵的宗旨 |
[50:26] | It’s not the culture that we’re trying to engender here. | 不是我们想塑造的文化 |
[50:28] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你在跟我开玩笑吗? |
[50:31] | Can you hear yourself? | 你知道自己在说什么吗? |
[50:34] | You gave up the right to be custodian of any kind of culture | 你才没有替公司文化把关的资格 |
[50:37] | when you paid for a girl’s tits to be bounced in my face. | 你可是付钱让脱衣舞娘 在我眼前跳舞 |
[50:40] | Forgive me for thinking you shouldn’t be the arbiter | 恕我直言,你没有资格决定 年轻女生在组内该如何被对待 |
[50:42] | of how young women are treated on your desk. | |
[50:44] | – Yes, I am worried about… – No, shut the fuck up for a minute. | -小雅,我是替你担心 -闭上你的嘴 |
[50:47] | How dare you pull me out of a meeting to speak to me like this? | 你打断我的会议 还用这种态度对我说话 |
[50:49] | You don’t get to lecture me. | 你没资格对我说教 |
[50:52] | There is no high ground for you anymore. | 你并不高尚 |
[50:54] | I don’t care if you’re sober, Kenny. You’re still a cunt. | 我不在乎你戒了酒瘾 你依旧是个王八蛋 |
[50:57] | That doesn’t go away with a few sessions | 和一群牢骚鬼参加疗程也不会改变 |
[50:59] | with a bunch of other whingers. | |
[51:00] | You don’t have a disease, you’re a narcissist | 你没有生病 你只是用新借口操弄他人的自恋狂 |
[51:02] | with a new excuse to lord it over people. | |
[51:04] | You’re weak. | 你很弱小 |
[51:06] | In case that wasn’t crystal clear | 如果我表达还不够清楚 |
[51:07] | no, I will not come to your fucking meetings. | 我不会参加你愚蠢的聚会 |
[51:09] | No, sorry, you’re right… | 抱歉,你说的对 |
[51:24] | Daniel, we’re just… | 丹尼,我们只是在忙里偷闲 |
[51:27] | We’re just having a couple of sneaky on the clock sharpeners. | |
[51:30] | What the fuck is going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[51:33] | Beats me. | 我也不晓得 |
[51:36] | I asked him to come. | 我请他来的 |
[51:39] | You… | 你做了什么? |
[51:41] | What? | |
[51:43] | Danny, have a seat. | 丹尼,坐吧 |
[51:51] | Very soon, it will be common market knowledge | 很快地所有人都会知道 我们和其他公司面谈 |
[51:53] | that we have been taking meetings away all day. | |
[52:04] | Fuck you. | 该死的 |
[52:06] | Well, not fuck us, no. There’s an opportunity here. | 别这样骂,这是一个机会 |
[52:10] | A huge competitor has just gutted a rival’s CPS offering. | 一个强大的竞争对手 挖角另一方的跨商品交易组 |
[52:13] | There’s a gap to fill out the gutted firm. | 现在被挖角的那方有空缺 |
[52:15] | We’re fixing a supply issue. | 我们会填补那个位置 |
[52:18] | Now, the way that I see this is… | 就我看来 |
[52:22] | you know how quickly the clock ticks | 你也知道和竞争对手谈判时间有限 |
[52:24] | when you’re flirting with a competitor. | |
[52:26] | We need to secure this now. | 我们必须现在就得手 |
[52:28] | We have hours, not days. | 我们只有几小时,而不是几天 |
[52:32] | You can tell Adler, stay at his hill. | 你可以通报艾德勒 当他的忠犬 |
[52:36] | Or you can join us, and take what was denied to you. | 或跟我们走,取得你应得的 |
[52:42] | I can see Bill’s POV. | 我理解比尔的观点 |
[52:44] | Why promote a blind acolyte… | 何必提拔忠心的助手 |
[52:48] | when he can get you to do more work for the same money? | 用一样的钱让他做更多事就好了 |
[52:52] | Ultimately, your loyalty is what cost you. | 你的忠诚会害了你 |
[52:57] | You’re still drinking buddies with the guys over at Shogun, yeah? | 你和征夷的人还是朋友吧? |
[53:01] | “Shogun”? | 征夷? |
[53:02] | Our Japanese brothers? | 我们的日本同行? |
[53:04] | You still head up the Slug and Lettuce with those guys? | 你们还会在酒吧碰面? |
[53:10] | Yeah, sure. I know everyone there. | 当然,我认识所有人 |
[53:12] | They’ve been making overtures towards me for months. | 他们向我示好几个月了 |
[53:15] | Well, the floor is yours. | 那交给你了 |
[53:22] | You guys really are something else. | 你们真不一般 |
[53:29] | So fucking tell them that then. | 告诉他们这一点 |
[53:40] | I’m an immediate MD. | 我要当董事总经理 |
[53:44] | I run the desk. | 我管理小组,你们都要向我汇报 |
[53:46] | You all report to me. | |
[53:49] | I run the comp pool. | 由我管理薪资 |
[53:51] | And I’m paid like a trader. | 我的薪资比照交易员 |
[53:53] | Percentage of total commission made. My upside’s unlimited. | 照佣金抽成,好处无上限 |
[53:58] | Old school. | 和以前一样 |
[54:01] | We can do that, can’t we, Eric? | 我们接受,对吧,艾瑞克? |
[54:06] | We can. | 我们接受 |
[54:07] | You reckon you could feign sobriety long enough | 你们假装清醒的时间 足够让我挽救你们的事业吗? |
[54:09] | for me to save your careers? | |
[54:10] | We’ll fucking try. | 我们会努力 |
[54:15] | Better make a call. | 赶紧打电话吧 |
[54:25] | Isn’t it lucky that no one is ever satisfied? | 没有人永远安于现状真是万幸 待续 谢谢观赏 |