时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:08] | (Japanese) Thank you. | (日语)谢谢 |
[00:11] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[00:14] | – Yeah, you? – Guys… | -还好,你呢? -各位,失之毫厘 |
[00:15] | – life’s a game of inches. – Yep. | |
[00:16] | No fuck-ups, please. | -还行 -千万别搞砸 |
[00:18] | Eric, have a mint. | 艾瑞克,来点薄荷糖 |
[00:19] | Fucking hell, sort him out, he smells like Gazza. | 送他出去,他臭极了 |
[00:21] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不会 |
[00:24] | You spent a lot of money | 你们花了很多钱 |
[00:25] | training and nurturing an all-star team | 想培训全明星团队 |
[00:27] | only to have the… “Yankees” | 结果洋基佬趁他们一离职 马上挖角他们 这种事存在于运动界已久 |
[00:31] | poach them as they took flight. Age-old story of sports. | |
[00:33] | They’ve literally just handed in their passes. | 他们确实刚辞职 |
[00:36] | But just because we have a hole in our roster | 尽管名册上出现空缺 并不代表我们急着补人 |
[00:38] | doesn’t mean we’re desperate. | |
[00:39] | We hear nothing but dysfunction out of Pierpoint. | 而且我们听说码点营运失衡 |
[00:43] | A whole enterprise treated like blood sport. | 企业内部变得像个竞技场 |
[00:47] | It’s hard… | 情况很难更惨了 因为已经跌到谷底了 |
[00:50] | to plumb new depths when you’re already at rock bottom. | |
[00:56] | The industry, I mean. | 我指的是金融业 |
[00:59] | What I mean is… | 我的意思是 |
[01:01] | you misheard. | 你们听错了 |
[01:09] | The scale of opportunity | 本团队的精实营运能提供庞大机会 |
[01:11] | for a lean operation like ours is huge. | |
[01:14] | We can mint your reputation. | 能让你们重建名誉 |
[01:16] | Make you synonymous with the old players. | 获得堪比资深团队的声誉 |
[01:19] | You take it personally that you’ve just been gutted. | 你们被挖角,感到被针对 |
[01:22] | We’ll take it personally for you and murder your old team on the tape. | 我们会替你们出头 让旧团队的交易量相形见绌 |
[01:27] | We’re half the manpower and double the sales credits | 我们只有一半人力 但业绩比离开的团队多上两倍 |
[01:29] | of the team that just walked out on you. | |
[01:31] | And I’m all the flow. | 我经手的资金流极大 |
[01:33] | I don’t even know the name of your old trader, but… | 我甚至不知道你们旧交易员的名字 |
[01:36] | I’m certain he knows mine. | 但我确定他认得我 |
[01:39] | And we’re a legit unit. No silos. | 我们是个可靠团队 不搞排挤 |
[01:43] | More than the sum of our parts. | 我们作为整体的表现更佳 |
[01:45] | This kid. | 这家伙 |
[01:48] | These kids. They’re the future. | 这些年轻人是我们的未来 |
[01:52] | They’re your future. | 也是你们的未来 |
[01:55] | And they’re the right price. | 他们的酬劳与价值相符 而我只是个附加好处 |
[01:57] | I’m just a bonus feature. | |
[01:59] | And they have Jesse Bloom, of course. | 但当然,他们有杰西布鲁 |
[02:04] | If this does go ahead… | 若顺利开始合作 |
[02:07] | we’ll, of course, look to bake a very healthy relocation package | 我们会拟定一个优渥的迁移方案 |
[02:11] | – into your terms. – Relocation? | -编入你们的合约 -迁移? |
[02:13] | Yes. We’re looking to focus our rebuild closer to home. | 是的,我们打算致力 在总部附近重建公司 |
[02:17] | Tokyo? | 东京? |
[02:19] | New York. | 纽约 |
[02:23] | That could work. | 这行得通 |
[02:24] | Be one of those Murray Hill wankers? | 住穆瑞丘搞金融? |
[02:26] | Yeah, I can get behind that. | 好啊,我赞成 |
[02:35] | Look, Pierpoint were sending us home anyway. | 听着,反正码点要我们打包回家 |
[02:37] | At least now, we go on our own terms. | 但现在至少照着我们的意思走 |
[02:40] | It’s a shame I’m spoken for, though. | 可惜我订婚了 |
[02:43] | I would have… | 不然可以在纽约挑个女人 |
[02:44] | would have had my pick of the New York skirt. | |
[02:51] | Now, let’s do one more. | 再来一轮吧 |
[02:53] | You storing any oversized barmaids back there? | 这里有没有身材丰满的女侍? 艾瑞克,我想听听你的意见 关于管理的事 |
[02:57] | Eric. I… I wanted your advice on something managerial. | |
[03:04] | You know, sensitive, that our fucking buddy… | 内容敏感 好兄弟威廉艾德勒三世 要我把这件事压下来 |
[03:08] | William P. Adler III is making me bury. | |
[03:13] | This grad on the FX desk had a pretty horrendous night with a client. | 有个毕业生在外汇组 和客户吃晚餐遭遇可怕的事 |
[03:18] | I guess it’s not my issue now. | 这大概跟我无关了 |
[03:20] | I just don’t wanna deal with any of this HR bullshit, for real. | 我不想再蹚人资那些事的浑水了 |
[03:28] | I almost got married myself, bro. Yeah… | 我有次差点结了婚 |
[03:31] | Do you feel like everything we do is a confidence game? | 你会不会觉得 我们这一行就是场骗局? |
[03:36] | – I wonder sometimes. – That’s heavy, mate. | 我有时会想 |
[03:40] | Are we… the marks? | 我们是不是受骗者? |
[03:45] | What did I build? What did I make? | 我打造了什么? 我造就了什么事? |
[03:48] | I once walked in on my parents fucking. | |
[03:50] | – What do I leave? – Did you walk straight out again? | 我留下了什么? |
[03:54] | And do I believe in any of it now? | 我还相信这一切吗? |
[03:57] | I shook my dad’s hand and said… | |
[03:59] | If I don’t… where does that leave you? | 要是我不相信了,你该怎么办? |
[04:00] | …”Go easy on her, yeah?” | |
[04:05] | New York is dead. | 纽约已死 |
[04:07] | I’m not going back. | 我不会回去 |
[04:11] | I’d have to relocate the family. | 我还得带家人搬过去 |
[04:16] | So we’re not going. | 那我们不去 |
[04:19] | What’s the move? | 下一步该怎么走? |
[04:24] | I’m out of moves. | 我束手无策了 |
[04:29] | Let me know. | 先这样吧 |
[04:38] | Harpsichord… | 荷小波 |
[04:42] | for a second, I thought we were in trouble. | 有那么一瞬间 我以为我们有麻烦了 |
[04:56] | – Just Pierpints. – Yeah. | |
[04:58] | No Pierpoint. | |
[05:00] | I’ve put together a few talking points | 我整理了竞争与市场管理局 提出的主要论题 |
[05:02] | from the Competition and Markets Authority. | |
[05:04] | There’s definitely precedent for blocking mergers of this size. | 一定曾发生过 阻挡大规模公司合并的先例 |
[05:07] | I know you’ve squeezed yourself dry working on all this prep | 准备资料一定让你心力交瘁 |
[05:11] | so, thank you. | 所以谢谢你 |
[05:12] | Really, thank you. | 非常谢谢你 这是我该做的 |
[05:15] | What I’m here to do. | |
[05:19] | I’m going to have to stand you down. | 我必须要你停止 |
[05:21] | The anti-competition inquiry, it’s been stood down. | 反竞争调查已经取消了 |
[05:25] | For whatever reason the Health Secretary | 基于某种原因 卫生大臣已将其自议程中删除 |
[05:27] | has taken it off the agenda | |
[05:28] | which clears the way for Amazon to buy out FastAide. | 亚马逊趁势收购快助集团 |
[05:32] | Basically guarantees them the NHS contracts over Rican. | 快助也保证能取代莱肯 得到保健署合约 |
[05:36] | I guess, eventually the whole world will be one, big conglomerate. | 我想世界终将由一个大型集团所垄断 |
[05:45] | Honestly, I was a cunt hair from ordering in. | "妮可克瑞来电" 我差点打电话叫小姐 |
[05:48] | The hangover was so nuclear this morning | 我今早宿醉太严重 |
[05:51] | I had to load up some very toxic imagery | 我得幻想非常超过的画面 |
[05:53] | – even by my standards. – What we talking? | 连我都承受不了 你指的是什么? |
[05:56] | Big, upper-class women… | 丰满的贵妇们 |
[05:58] | – Robbie? – I’m talking big. | -小罗? -丰满程度简直‥ |
[06:00] | I don’t think you should call this desk again. | 请别再打来我们组 |
[06:02] | Oh, really? | 你确定吗? |
[06:04] | You’re sat in a seat that costs | 你现在的职位代表着顶尖金融机构 但你没有这个价值 |
[06:05] | a pre-eminent financial institution more dollars than you’re worth. | |
[06:10] | And I’ve got a ticket. You’re my little ticket inspector. | 我现在想下单 交给你来当小小操作员 |
[06:17] | Okay, how’s this? Make me a price in cable. | 好了,你听听看 帮我买进英镑兑美元 |
[06:21] | Half a yard. | 五亿英镑 |
[06:24] | No. | 不行 |
[06:26] | Well, I shall have to take my custom away then. | 那我只好另寻业务 |
[06:28] | Is that the client? Mallon Mercer? | 是客户吗? 马龙莫瑟? |
[06:31] | She wants a price in half a billion of cable. | 她要我们买进五亿的英镑兑美元 |
[06:34] | – Come on, Robbie. – Half a yard? | -快点,小罗 -五亿? |
[06:37] | Let’s fucking fill them. | 赶快买进啊 |
[06:39] | Mate, that is reputation-changing commission, Bob. | 这会是你声誉的转捩点 |
[06:41] | Why are they calling you? | 对方怎么会打给你? |
[06:43] | Tell them it’s because you’re good at your job. | 就说因为你业绩优良 |
[06:46] | It’s quite a wad of cash. | 这金额可不小 |
[06:49] | Doesn’t change what happened. | 虽然无法改变现况 |
[06:51] | But it’s your call. | 但该由你决定 |
[06:57] | It’s because I’m good at my job. | 因为我业绩优良 |
[06:59] | Cheer up, lad. | 开心点,你看起来好像见鬼了 |
[07:00] | You look like you just smelled an open grave. | |
[07:02] | Tell ’em we’ll work it. | 告诉客户我们会处理 |
[07:04] | Well in, boss. | -去买进吧 -好,我听到了 |
[07:05] | Yeah, okay, I heard. | |
[07:06] | Work to buy half a yard at market and send me the fill. | 你去下单五亿,完成后寄成交单 |
[07:09] | You see, things happen… | 坏事总是会发生 |
[07:11] | and then, things are fine. | 但接着一切都没事了 |
[07:31] | We need to have a conversation. | 我们得谈一谈 |
[07:34] | Subject? | 谈什么? |
[07:36] | The more I think about it… | 我越想越觉得不该服务 像我父亲那样的人 |
[07:38] | the more I think we shouldn’t be representing men like my father. | |
[07:42] | “Men like…” like, what? | 像你父亲 像怎样? |
[07:45] | Objectionable? | 令人反感? |
[07:47] | Because that’s a sliding scale and many qualify. | 视情况而定,很多男人都令人反感 |
[07:52] | I’m not sure I’m comfortable with us working for him. | 我不能接受我们为他理财 |
[07:57] | Three of my guys | 调查局扣留艾普斯丁的联络人名册 我的三位客户也列在册中 |
[07:59] | were in the little black book the FBI seized from Jeffrey Epstein. | |
[08:07] | Did you know he made a pass at me? | 你知道他曾搭讪过我吗? |
[08:08] | – Epstein? – No. | -艾普斯丁吗? -不是,是你父亲 |
[08:10] | Your father. | |
[08:12] | Art Basel in Miami a few years ago. | 几年前在迈阿密的巴塞尔艺术展 |
[08:15] | He was quite persistent. | 他还挺坚持的 |
[08:17] | I guess I wasn’t exactly uninviting. | 或许我也没有那么不易亲近 |
[08:21] | It’s funny, when you brought him in to see us, I thought… | 好笑的是在你带他来时 我心想,他会记得我吗? |
[08:25] | “Is he going to remember me?” | |
[08:26] | You know what? | 结果呢,他完全不认得我 |
[08:28] | He didn’t have the faintest idea who I was. | |
[08:31] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:33] | What for? We’re all adults, aren’t we? | 干吗道歉,我们都是成年人了吧? |
[08:38] | My point is… | 我想说的是 |
[08:39] | every dollar, every client, you probe deep enough | 若你深入追究每分钱,每位客户 |
[08:42] | an advantage has been taken, an angle has been played. | 都会发现有人贪便宜与耍手段 |
[08:46] | Do you wanna operate within a system and be successful? | 你想要遵循体制,获得成功 |
[08:49] | Or you want to dream that you can change it and be left behind? | 还是幻想着改变体制却落后他人? |
[09:05] | Wow, are you just getting back? | 你回来了? |
[09:08] | I’m fucking goosed. Aurore sent me home. | 被赶回来的 奥萝儿要我回家 |
[09:11] | Project we’ve been working on is not happening. | 我们着手的专案取消了 |
[09:14] | Sorry to hear. | 真遗憾 |
[09:16] | A project… | 这个专案‥ |
[09:19] | for Aurore? | 是奥萝儿提起的? |
[09:20] | – Healthcare space? – Have a fucking day off, will you? | 医疗领域? 今天别烦我,行吗? |
[09:24] | Did it have anything to do with where the NHS contracts will land? | 跟保健署合约的对象有关吗? |
[09:26] | Really? | 你认真吗? |
[09:29] | Whatever. It means I’m tired and you’re getting on my nerves. | 随便你,我累坏了 你快惹毛我了 |
[09:32] | Any intel, any inside track… | 任何资讯 任何内幕消息 |
[09:35] | I mean, it’s just words to you right in the room, now. | 对你来说只是几句话 |
[09:37] | But for me, it’s gold. | 但对我来说就像挖到宝 |
[09:39] | Jesse’s betting against FastAide. He is short as much as he can carry | 杰西做空快助 把所有的钱都赌在上面了 而我必须给予他优势 |
[09:43] | and I need to be able to give him edge on it. | |
[09:45] | – This is beneath you. – Is it about a merger? | 你犯不着这么做 这跟合并有关吗? |
[09:48] | I mean, what the fuck else does FastAide have to offer anybody | 不然快助除了实体店之外 还有什么优势? 是跟公司并购有关吗,亚马逊? 阻挡合并? |
[09:51] | but fucking floor space? Is it about a merger? | |
[09:53] | Amazon? Blocking a merger? | |
[09:57] | Your silence means yes. Government due diligence? | 你的沉默回答了一切 政府要求尽职调查? |
[10:01] | Anti-competition. | -反竞争 -调查,天啊,何时发生的? |
[10:02] | Inquiry. Fuck. When is that happening? | |
[10:04] | I mean, it’s perfect. | 我是说,这太好了 |
[10:06] | That will kill FastAide once and for all | 这会彻底摧毁快助 |
[10:08] | and put Jesse’s short back in the money. | 让杰西的做空操作赚钱 |
[10:10] | Aurore’s department is killing Amazon’s purchase of FastAide? | 奥萝儿的部门阻止亚马逊并购快助 我就知道 |
[10:13] | I knew it. | |
[10:14] | I mean, she must have a stake in Rican, right? | 她跟莱肯一定有利害关系,我就知道 够了 |
[10:16] | – I fucking knew it! – Fuck off! | |
[10:19] | It’s not happening. None of it. There is no inquiry. | 一切都不会发生,调查取消了 |
[10:22] | What? | 什么? |
[10:24] | How is Amazon being allowed to buy FastAide without a whimper? | 为何亚马逊能不吭一声就买下快助? |
[10:28] | – What kinda shit is that? – Ask my boss. | -这是什么情况? -去问我老板 |
[10:30] | Actually, ask her boss. | 不对,去问她的老板 |
[10:33] | I need to fucking lie down. | 我需要躺一下 |
[10:53] | You navigate the trip-wire and the hounds? | 查过绊线和猎犬了? |
[10:57] | Dopey fuckers. Need to start feeding ’em flesh. | 一群混蛋 该开始喂他们吃肉了 |
[11:06] | I think I now lack the blood-lust for hounds. | 我现在也不想找那些猎犬报仇了 |
[11:10] | God, I wish the trappings did something for me. | 真希望这一切能有点用处 |
[11:13] | Gotta make peace with the fact I’m a minute-to-minute dude. | 我得接受自己个性急躁的事实 |
[11:16] | Well, that makes you… enlightened. | 这会让你‥ 彻底醒悟 |
[11:21] | Yeah. | 是啊,成为牛市里的佛陀 |
[11:23] | “Buddha of the Bull Market.” | |
[11:34] | I came to apologize | 我是来道歉的 |
[11:36] | for my… | 我不该乱下定论 |
[11:39] | blind conviction. | |
[11:42] | The FastAide short, I think it was just intellectual… | 你做空的快助股只是个‥ |
[11:44] | There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be right. | 你没有错,你只是想做对的事 |
[11:47] | It’s the only thing that animates me… | 这是唯一能鼓舞我的事 |
[11:50] | or that used to animate me. | 至少以前是如此 |
[11:52] | You should stop out. | 你得平仓离场 |
[11:54] | Before you start hemorrhaging even more money. | 否则会流失更多钱 |
[11:59] | Okay, just say, hypothetically… | 好,这样说吧 假设有一天 |
[12:04] | the government plans to stop any… | 政府计划停止反竞争调查 让亚马逊并购快助 |
[12:07] | anti-competition inquiry into Amazon’s takeover of FastAide. | |
[12:11] | – What happens? – Well, FastAide goes to the moon | 会发生什么事? 快助股价会被炒上月球 |
[12:14] | and my short burns a massive hole in my pocket. | 而我的做空股会赔得一蹋糊涂 |
[12:17] | So, hypothetically… | 假设这发生了 |
[12:19] | my advice is… | 我的建议是‥ |
[12:21] | my edge is… | 我给你的优势是 |
[12:25] | stop out… now. | 赶快平仓吧 |
[12:29] | Are you talking hypothetically or “hypothetically”? | 你的假设是真有其事吗? |
[12:33] | Whichever one of those is less hypothetical. | 就看你选择相信什么 |
[12:38] | Wow. | |
[12:42] | You wanna roll any of this back? | 你想收回这些话吗? |
[12:46] | Roll what back? | 收回哪些话? |
[12:48] | The info that you gleaned from your roommate. | 你好不容易从室友口中得到的资讯 |
[12:52] | Doesn’t take a savant to piece that together. | 其实很轻易就能拼凑出来了 |
[12:56] | You wearing a wire? | 你戴着监听器吗? |
[12:59] | What? | 什么? |
[13:36] | You’re not mic’ed. | 你没戴监听器 |
[13:42] | Think it’s time for you to leave now, not hypothetically. | 我想你该走了 这不是个假设 |
[13:58] | Maybe I never knew what you wanted. | 或许我从不知道你要什么 |
[14:03] | Thank you for the opportunity. | 谢谢你给我机会 |
[14:21] | Hey. | |
[14:23] | Hey, stranger. | 你好啊 |
[14:26] | You nervous about the wedding? Tomorrow’s the big day. | 对婚礼感到紧张吗? 明天就是大日子了 |
[14:31] | The thought of church-enforced monogamy has me… | 想到要服从神圣的一夫一妻制 |
[14:34] | blasting darts like Mötley Crüe. | 就好想对人乱射飞镖来泄愤 |
[14:36] | Aren’t you persona non grata here? | 你在这里不是不受欢迎吗? |
[14:38] | It’s all up in the air. I need to speak with Eric. | 都还没确定,我得跟艾瑞克谈谈 |
[14:41] | Can I borrow your card to get in? | 你能借我门禁卡吗? |
[14:43] | Sure. | 好啊,我等等去拿临时卡 |
[14:45] | I’ll just get a temp. | |
[14:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:50] | Fuck me. | 饶了我吧 |
[14:52] | Marriage and moving continents. | 又要结婚又要迁移国外 |
[14:55] | Bit much, innit? | 事情太多了吧? |
[14:58] | Bit fucking much. | 有太多要承受了 |
[15:11] | If you’re gonna have the temerity to smoke in my office | 你都敢在我的办公室抽烟了 好歹抽香烟吧 |
[15:14] | at least make it tobacco. | |
[15:31] | Adler’s in town for RIF. | 艾德勒前来处理人事裁减 |
[15:34] | I’ve got us a sit-down with him. He doesn’t know it yet. | 我为我们安排了会面 但他还不知道 |
[15:39] | If we need the opening, it’s ours. | 如果我们需要职位 职位会属于我们 |
[15:45] | Do we need it? | 我们需要吗? |
[15:49] | I think Bloom is out. | 我们失去布鲁了 |
[16:01] | I’m not sure I wanna live in a world where these exist. | 电子烟真该从世界上消失 |
[16:07] | Where does that leave us now with Shogun? | 我们和日本公司现在是什么状况? |
[16:11] | Without Bloom? | 没了布鲁之后? |
[16:14] | Not even Shogun will have us. | 连他们也不会要我们了 |
[16:18] | Can you imagine me with my feet up… | 你能想像我把脚跨在桌上吗? |
[16:24] | slippers and… | 穿着拖鞋 叼着烟斗 |
[16:26] | and a pipe? | |
[16:28] | My UK visa’s contingent on a job here. | 我需要在这里工作 才能保住英国签证 |
[16:31] | I’ve built a life here. | 我在这里打造了人生 |
[16:33] | Going back to the US would… | 要是回到美国,就代表我失败了 |
[16:36] | be a defeat. | |
[16:39] | My last trip to New York was a nadir. | 上次去纽约是我人生的低谷 |
[16:43] | I’m alive here. | 我在这里才真正活着 |
[16:48] | Your friend lives for the limelight. | 你的朋友还真享受公众的瞩目 |
[16:52] | I am going to be joined by CEO, founder | 请欢迎克托纳资本的执行长 创办人兼专案总经理 杰西布鲁 |
[16:55] | and Chief PM of Crotona Park Capital, Jesse Bloom. | |
[16:58] | And what a time to have him sat down with us given his last 12 months. | 还真荣幸能邀他受访啊 尤其在他经历前几个月的事后 |
[17:01] | – Thank you for joining us, Jesse. – Thanks for having me. | -感谢你的参与,杰西 -谢谢你们 |
[17:05] | Your CNBC appearance at the start of the pandemic | 你在疫情初期上电视受访的片段 |
[17:07] | is now historic. | 足以让你名留青史 |
[17:09] | It was quite the performance. | 真是好一段演出 语句中的停顿与恐惧 你值得一座东尼奖 |
[17:10] | The voice-catching, the fear. You deserve a Tony. | |
[17:14] | Wait, are we still back on this? | 等等,又要讲这个吗? |
[17:16] | I’m supposed to apologize | 我该因为预测的坏事成真而道歉吗? |
[17:17] | because I said “hell was at the door” and then hell showed up? | |
[17:20] | You were early on the right side of the trade after your comments. | 你发表言论后 异常提早地进行顺势投资 |
[17:22] | Incriminatingly early. | |
[17:24] | If you knew what you were talking about | "立刻买下公开市场剩余的莱肯股" 你该知道提前投资 -与延迟的风险一样高 -怎么了? |
[17:26] | you’d know being early is as bad as being late on a trade. | |
[17:28] | What is it? | |
[17:30] | I was on time. | 我的投资时间很刚好 |
[17:32] | He’s texting me. | 他传讯息给我 |
[17:34] | Sorry, Jesse. Are we keeping you? | 抱歉,杰西 我们耽误你了吗? |
[17:37] | Apologies. It’s my kid. We’re very close. | 抱歉,是我小孩 我们关系很好 |
[17:45] | What’s he done? | 他做了什么? |
[17:58] | – Yo, what are you… – Wait… and trust me. | -你在干吗‥? -等等 相信我 |
[18:02] | If you guys wanna know why I do what I do… | 你们想知道我的动机 |
[18:04] | the answer is thrillingly simple, and it won’t satisfy you at all. | 答案惊人地简单 你们一点也不会满意 |
[18:09] | Markets make sense to me. | 我很懂市场 |
[18:11] | I find them as legible as anything in the world. | 对我来说就像处理琐事一样简单 |
[18:13] | And damn it, I’m nothing if I can’t make a cheeky punt. | "确定吗,你要怎么做?" 而且高风险投资对我意义重大 |
[18:17] | Is part of the appeal of knowing you have a good call | 你操作成功交易的动机 是否因为想被世人记住? |
[18:20] | the idea that you might be remembered? | |
[18:23] | And what about your conscience? | 你的良心何在? |
[18:26] | My what? | 我的什么? |
[18:28] | Oh, yes. That little voice we all carry around inside us. | "想保住我就快替我买" 你是说随时存在心中的微小声音 |
[18:32] | Yeah, Jiminy Cricket and I go way back. | 没错,我很早就认识我的良知了 |
[18:35] | He’s real good at telling me how to make money. | 良知很擅于教我赚钱 |
[18:36] | Rish, how much Rican is available in the market? | 瑞希,市场里还有多少莱肯股? |
[18:39] | – Harper, what are you doing? – You fucking me again here, H? | 荷波,你在做什么? 你又在搞我了吗? |
[18:42] | I’m guaranteeing Bloom. No BS. My word. | 我答应要帮他交易 没骗你,相信我 |
[18:45] | He’s literally texting me right now. How much can you get? | 他正在跟我传讯息 你能找到几股? |
[18:51] | No idea. We’ll have to check the free float. | 不知道,得找找自由流通量 |
[18:52] | Source it. Buy it. Don’t need a price. | 找到股份,买下来,别管价钱 |
[18:54] | Bloom already owns half of Rican. | 他已经拥有半数莱肯股 |
[18:56] | He’s adding. Let’s keep the tap on. Keep our man happy. | 他还在加码,我们继续观察 让我们的老爹开心一下 |
[19:01] | Right, I’m on it. | 我找到了 |
[19:02] | Tell him we’re… | 告诉他,我们‥ |
[19:04] | we’re making it work. | 包在我们身上 |
[19:07] | Or irony? If nothing matters | 也可能很讽刺地 一切都不重要 |
[19:09] | nobody looks, nobody cares. Suits you perfectly. | "完成" 没人关注与在乎你,这样才像话 |
[19:12] | Yeah, I have a sense of humor, so I’m not a serious person? | 是啊,我有幽默感 但不表示我没有严肃的一面吧? |
[19:16] | You wanna hear something serious? | 你们想听严肃的事吗? |
[19:19] | You were speaking earlier about the proliferation of Big Tech | 先前谈到科技巨擘数量激增 |
[19:22] | and its overreach into every corner of our lives. | 过度渗透到生活的每个角落 |
[19:26] | Anywhere else in this world | 在世上其他国家 亚马逊的快助收购案铁定会通过 |
[19:28] | Amazon’s purchase of FastAide would be waved through. | |
[19:31] | I’m just glad that in a place like Britain | 我很高兴在英国 |
[19:32] | they still take anti-competition rules seriously. | 他们仍认真看待反竞争法规 |
[19:36] | I’m glad they seek to weed out government corruption and cronyism. | 我乐见他们抹除 政府的贪污与裙带关系 |
[19:40] | I’m glad they still have reverence | 乐见英国仍然尊敬 自己引以为傲的机构 |
[19:44] | for the institutions that made them great. | |
[19:46] | Jesse Bloom getting misty-eyed about the British high street. | 布鲁深受英国商业现状感动 |
[19:49] | Whatever next? | 接下来呢? |
[19:50] | Weren’t you the one who was talking about conscience? | 你不是才刚提到良知吗? |
[19:53] | Has an anti-competition inquiry | 针对合并案的反竞争调查 已经定调了吗? |
[19:54] | definitely been tabled into the deal? | |
[19:57] | Surely, now that it’s in the ether. | 当然,现在都公诸于世了 |
[19:59] | As Jesse said, I’m sure this government | 如杰西所说 我敢肯定念旧的政府不会亏待快助 |
[20:00] | and their love of nostalgia will do right by FastAide | |
[20:03] | and do a full and proper inquiry | 全面严审完后才会放行并购 |
[20:05] | before any sale of a national darling. | |
[20:08] | And as far as any charges of Conservative Party | 至于针对保守党裙带关系的指控 |
[20:10] | cronyism are concerned… | |
[20:12] | those are the views of Mr. Bloom and not those of the network | 仅限于布鲁先生的个人想法 并非本台立场 |
[20:15] | You know Bloom’s making money on both sides of this trade? | 布鲁这次交易两边都能赚钱 |
[20:17] | Killing FastAide’s acquisition chances | 扼杀快助被收购的机会 |
[20:19] | and making Rican the likely home for the NHS contracts. | 并让莱肯更可能与保健署签约 |
[20:22] | I couldn’t possibly comment. | 我无法做出回应 |
[20:24] | I’m just like everybody else. Stuck in the ether, making plays. | 我就像大家一样 身处未知,布局操作 |
[20:30] | Almost as if he planned it. | 几乎像是他计划好的一样 |
[20:32] | You’ll get burned soon enough. | 你很快就会自食恶果 |
[20:34] | Yeah, maybe. Maybe. | 或许吧‥ |
[20:37] | But the thing people forget about that Icarus dude | 但人们总是忘了 在伊卡洛斯坠地前 他成功飞翔过 |
[20:40] | is before he fell, he flew. | |
[20:43] | And I bet the sun gave off a lovely light. | 我敢说阳光一定美极了 |
[21:02] | Christ. You look like you just bore witness to infanticide. | 天啊,你看起来像刚目睹了弑婴案 |
[21:07] | Do you have any water? | 你有水吗? |
[21:19] | Whoa. | |
[21:29] | I think I just helped Bloom do something… | 我好像帮布鲁做了一件‥ |
[21:32] | Unethical? | 不道德的事? |
[21:34] | Illegal? | 非法的事? |
[21:35] | Hey, are you okay? Just breathe slower. | 你还好吗? 呼吸慢一点 |
[21:38] | Where’s the line? | 走势如何? |
[21:39] | It should be big and fucking red. | 应该会是又长又红 |
[21:42] | I told him that the anti-competition inquiry was off the books | 我告诉他反竞争调查取消了 |
[21:45] | but I think he just talked it back into existence. | 但他靠一张嘴让调查起死回生 |
[21:48] | He made his FastAide short and Rican long work concurrently. | 同时让做空快助又做多莱肯 变得有利可图 |
[21:52] | That knowledge was… | 那是特许保密的资讯 但你还是告诉了他? |
[21:55] | confidential and privileged before you gave it to him? | |
[21:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:01] | That’s insider trading. | 那属于内线交易 |
[22:02] | I mean, I just… | 我只是以为他听完后 会将做空股平仓 |
[22:04] | I just thought he was gonna use the info to stop out of his short. | |
[22:08] | I didn’t know he was gonna move the market | 我哪知道他会公开发言,影响市场 |
[22:10] | with a few public sentences. | |
[22:12] | I think you led him to water and he drank. | 你让他看见转机,而他也借机利用 |
[22:26] | Look me in the eye… | 看着我的眼睛 |
[22:28] | and tell me you didn’t know. | 告诉我,你不知道 |
[22:34] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:44] | I’m gonna say this. | 那我这么说吧 |
[22:51] | We can meet Adler. Use Bloom. Play to stay in London. | 我们与艾德勒会面 利用布鲁的事 争取留在伦敦的机会 |
[22:58] | Or we forget the whole thing. | 或是我们忘了这件事 |
[23:00] | You cut Bloom off at the root… | 你彻底与布鲁切割 |
[23:07] | I retire. | 我退休 |
[23:10] | You go back to New York. | 你回去纽约 |
[23:13] | But you’re playing a young person’s game. | 但你现在还年轻 |
[23:15] | This is a young person’s decision. | 你的决定会影响后续职涯 |
[23:21] | Going home is a non-starter. | 我不可能回家 |
[23:30] | So, we’re gonna lie in the bed you made. | 那我们只好承担你种下的恶果 |
[23:46] | Do you have something you want to tell me? | 你是不是有事要告诉我? |
[23:50] | You expect me to believe Jesse Bloom running his mouth | 你以为我会相信 布鲁公开谈论反竞争调查‥ |
[23:53] | about the anti-competition committee in a public forum was what… | |
[23:58] | cosmic synchronicity? | 是宇宙共时性的结果吗? |
[24:00] | What did he say? | 他说了什么? |
[24:02] | He spoke about the anti-competition committee. | 他谈到反竞争委员会 |
[24:03] | Correction. He spoke it into being. | 更正,他让委员会重启调查 |
[24:07] | He spoke it back onto the agenda. | 靠着口才让调查重回议程 |
[24:11] | I literally have no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[24:25] | Irishing it. | 爱尔兰人的喝法 |
[24:29] | We’re celebrating. | 这值得庆祝 |
[24:31] | With this news flow and the general COVID job-for-mates | 新闻播出后 那些在疫情期间 靠关系得到执政权的人‥ |
[24:36] | Number 10 is cleaning house | 首相将会重组人事 进行内阁改组 |
[24:38] | with another fucking cabinet reshuffle. | |
[24:42] | The prime minister summoned me this afternoon. | 首相下午找我会谈 |
[24:47] | He likes me for Health Secretary. | 他希望我担任卫生大臣 |
[24:53] | Maybe we do rule the cosmos. | 或许我们确实能称霸宇宙 |
[24:55] | Seems that way. | 似乎是这样没错 |
[25:02] | I can be loose-lipped, when it suits. | 我的口风有时不太紧 但总能歪打正着 |
[25:07] | So, you leaked it? | 所以是你泄漏消息? |
[25:10] | I couldn’t possibly comment. | 我不方便做出回应 |
[25:14] | Well, you understand with that admission, I have to let you go? | 你该知道,你刚刚一承认 我就得要你走人吧? |
[25:19] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[25:21] | Bloom’s timing is slightly insidery. | 布鲁挑选的时机只有内部人士知情 |
[25:24] | Just the right side. | 让他能顺势交易 |
[25:26] | We’ll spin it as “last in, first out.” | 我们会说是后进先出 |
[25:30] | Newbie mistake. Simple admin error. | 新人犯了错 单纯是行政疏失 |
[25:35] | I’d almost call this callous… | 这十分无情‥ |
[25:38] | People like us know that “callous” is too emotive a word. | 我们圈内的人 都该知道"无情"这个词 太过于情感丰富 |
[25:44] | We’re pragmatists. | 我们都是实用主义者 |
[25:47] | – I saw the lie of the ball… – And you played it as it lay. | -看到球停止滚动后‥ -你便顺势打击 |
[25:51] | I didn’t even have to swing. | 我甚至不必挥杆 |
[25:55] | I’m not sure I’m cut out for politics. | 或许我不适合从政 |
[25:58] | Maybe not. | 或许不适合 |
[26:00] | Politicking, perhaps. | 但你可以考虑协助拉选票 |
[26:03] | Keep Jesse in your debt. | 你该感谢杰西 |
[26:06] | Ours is power in performance. | 我们是台面上的权力 |
[26:10] | His is power in reality. | 他则掌握实际的权力 |
[26:28] | Mina! | 小敏 |
[26:45] | I’m not sure how to phrase this | 我不确定该怎么说 |
[26:49] | I… let me start again. | 我‥ 让我重新说一遍 |
[26:52] | What is it, darling? | 亲爱的,怎么了? |
[26:55] | I’ve been trying to confront you on this. | 我一直想当面质问你 |
[26:59] | Oh, my God. What is it now? | 天啊,又怎样了? |
[27:03] | I think you groomed Theresa. | 你是不是诱奸过泰瑞莎? |
[27:05] | What? | 什么? |
[27:08] | Wait, hold on. | 等一下 |
[27:09] | Theresa who? Theresa, nanny? | 哪个泰瑞莎,保姆吗? |
[27:12] | – “Groomed”? – Yeah. | 诱奸? 对 |
[27:14] | – Can’t believe I’m using that word. – Nor can I. | 我竟然得用那个词 同感,太恶心了 请你收回那句话 |
[27:16] | It’s disgusting and I want you to retract it. | |
[27:19] | What other word is there? | 不然还能怎么说? |
[27:22] | She was a child when you met her. | 她认识你时还未成年 |
[27:24] | Yeah, she was once. | 是啊,她曾是个孩子 |
[27:26] | Even I was once but not when we started… | 我也曾经是,但我们开始时已经‥ |
[27:29] | whatever. | 随便你说 |
[27:32] | It’s indefensible. | 你很没说服力 |
[27:34] | Many people came through that house. Most of them were fucking invisible. | 许多人进出那栋房子 而多数人都不被我放在眼里 |
[27:38] | So, when did you notice her? | 你何时注意到她? |
[27:40] | How am I expected to pinpoint that? I don’t know. | 我哪会记得,我不知道 |
[27:44] | Do you have perfect recall of when you met the people who work for us? | 你自己能记得 首次遇见员工的情况吗? |
[27:47] | When did you start to see her like… | 你何时开始对她‥ |
[27:52] | like that? You know, what, when she grew a pair of tits? | 图谋不轨? 自从她长出胸部之后? |
[27:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:58] | When she grew a pair of fucking tits! Yes! | 就是从她长出胸部后,没错 |
[28:02] | – When she became a fucking woman. – Yeah, and when was that? | 在她成为女人后 好,那是什么时候? |
[28:05] | Was she 15? Fourteen? | 她当时十五岁吗? 十四岁? |
[28:09] | What would you say if I told you I felt like a woman at 12? | 如果我十二岁时 就说我内心是个女人呢? |
[28:12] | She was a woman when she wanted me. | 她渴望我时已经心智成熟了 |
[28:14] | We were adults. | 我们都是成年人了 |
[28:16] | We’re allowed to like fucking. | 可以享受性爱 |
[28:23] | We all used to swim together. | 我们以前还会一起游泳 |
[28:27] | – What? – You, me, her. | -什么? -我们三个以前会一起游泳 恶心极了 |
[28:29] | We used to go swimming together. It’s disgusting! | |
[28:35] | Do you even feel guilty? | 你有丝毫罪恶感吗? |
[28:38] | What fucking for? | 为何要有? |
[28:42] | And for the record, it was your mother’s idea to pay her off. | 我郑重声明 是你妈决定要付她封口费 |
[28:45] | And for the record, your mother was scandalized. | 你妈对此很反感 |
[28:47] | She didn’t actually give a fuck about the girl. | 对她根本不屑一顾 |
[28:50] | Where is this coming from? I have tried with you. | 为何现在说这些? 我努力对你好过了 |
[28:55] | You know, if we’re gonna go through this whole | 如果你那么想看清这个世界 |
[28:57] | “Let’s see the world as it is” bollocks… | |
[29:03] | your eyes now open? | 那你看清楚了吗? |
[29:06] | Okay. Good. | 好啊,很好 |
[29:10] | Look at yourself! | 先看清你自己吧 |
[29:13] | How about some damn gratitude for making you? | 何不从感谢我成就了你开始? |
[29:17] | Making me? | 成就我? |
[29:22] | I’m making myself. I am trying! | 我成就了自己 我很努力想成就自己 |
[29:24] | I am trying to make myself! | |
[29:27] | You live in a basement of a 12-million-pound house that I own. | 你住在我千万豪宅的地下室 |
[29:30] | You used to go on 14 holidays a year and send me a bill. | 你曾一年度假十四次 还要我支付费用 |
[29:35] | You never even bothered to separate our accounts. | 你甚至不想办个人账户 |
[29:38] | Your career earnings flow into my account. | 你的薪水全数进入我的户头 |
[29:41] | You… you just tap… tap your little Coutts card through life. | 手拿库次丝绒卡 一辈子享受着皇家礼遇 |
[29:50] | And your career? | 至于你的事业? |
[29:52] | Maybe ask yourself how someone with such average grades | 你扪心自问 为何成绩和学历毫不亮眼 却能去码点工作 还能进根本没应征的组别? |
[29:55] | from such an average university ended up in Pierpoint | |
[29:59] | on a desk you didn’t apply to. | |
[30:07] | Not so oblivious now, am I? | 看来我并不那么健忘吧? |
[30:19] | I want nothing more to do with you. | 我不想再跟你有任何关系 |
[30:22] | Okay, okay. | 好啊‥ |
[30:25] | How about we try that then? | 你想这样做吗? |
[30:28] | How about we fucking try it? | 就顺着你的意思吧 |
[30:39] | What’s this? | 什么意思? |
[30:41] | I thought this was my 3.00pm with Kirkoswald and our macro guy. | 三点会议不是 科氏资管和总经分析的人吗? |
[30:43] | Where’s Coffey? Where’s Mauro? | 考菲和莫若人呢? |
[30:45] | You forget you put me in charge | 你忘了你让我负责筹备高阶会议 |
[30:46] | of planning those high-level meetings. | |
[30:48] | I moved some stuff around. | 我做了一些更动 |
[30:49] | Willy, why don’t you sit down? | 请坐 |
[30:51] | We have a proposal. | 我们有个提案 |
[30:53] | Proposal’s too soft a word, isn’t it? | 比提案还更强烈 |
[30:55] | I agree. We have a strategy we want implemented. | 是的,我们有个策略希望能执行 |
[31:00] | The New York-London merger is a false economy. | 纽约与伦敦合并 会让支出不降反升 |
[31:04] | I wanna lead a new super team. | 我想带领全新的超级业务团队 |
[31:08] | A few of us, conflated with our best FX hedge fund guys | 我们几个加上 最优良的外汇避险专员 |
[31:12] | and the youngest, cheapest, and hungriest talent | 以及年轻,无经验但有抱负 |
[31:16] | from our European satellite offices. | 来自欧洲分公司的人才 |
[31:18] | No longer CPS, but MHFS. | 我们不再是跨商品交易组 而是处理宏观避险基金的 |
[31:22] | Macro-Hedge Fund Sales. | 宏观避险基金交易组 |
[31:26] | I mean, this is charming | 是很吸引人 |
[31:28] | but holistic strategy is above your pay grade. | 但整体策略不在你的权力范围内 |
[31:30] | What is she doing here? | 还有她在这里做什么? |
[31:32] | She has the ear of one of the biggest hedge fund managers in the world. | 她的人脉包含 全球最顶尖的避险经纪人 |
[31:38] | She is your fucking business. | 我也是你事业的未来 |
[31:44] | Does the math check out? | 雇员数正确吗? |
[31:45] | The whole operation is leaner than an Olympian. | 我们的管理比运动员还精实 |
[31:49] | If one cog can’t hack it, they’re replaced | 替换掉任何不适任的员工 |
[31:53] | but we don’t get fat. | 也不欢迎多余的人 |
[31:57] | Yeah, it’s nice, but I… | 听起来不错,但是‥ |
[31:59] | I just don’t think the numbers will work with your current headcount. | 你们需要的人数与职位总数不相符 |
[32:02] | Sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[32:04] | No, but they might | 没错,但不一定 |
[32:06] | when a couple of the guys you throw the most money at | 因为公司薪资最高的两个人 即将跳槽加入竞争对手 你还不知道吗? |
[32:08] | fuck off to your competitor. | |
[32:12] | Oh, you don’t know? | |
[32:14] | Well, your wonder boy Danny and Rishi are this close to going Japanese. | 你的爱将,丹尼和瑞希 只差这么一点就要跳槽日本公司了 |
[32:20] | We were part of the cabal that they started. | 我们都是他们阴谋的一部分 |
[32:24] | But now we’re here. | 但我们今天在此 |
[32:26] | Loyal to the firm, unlike them. | 誓言效忠公司 不同于他们 |
[32:30] | Punish them. | 惩罚他们 |
[32:32] | Cut them. | 赶走他们 |
[32:34] | How can I fire them if they’re contracted away? | 他们都接受对方的合约了 我要怎么解雇他们? |
[32:36] | Their exit strategy is contingent on me. | 他们的退出策略由我决定 |
[32:39] | Competitors want Bloom so the competitors need me. | 竞争者想要布鲁,所以也需要我 |
[32:44] | It’s a lot to weigh up. Compelling and surprising. | 有很多需要消化 很吸引人,也令人惊喜 |
[32:51] | A lot to mull. | 我需要考虑一阵子 |
[32:53] | Mull it for a short time. | 尽快考虑完 |
[32:55] | Then enact it. | 然后开始执行 |
[32:58] | I don’t respond well to pressure from below. | 我不接受来自下级的威胁 |
[33:03] | You know, culture change, any kind of change… | 你知道吗,文化变迁‥或任何变迁 |
[33:08] | I really didn’t know where I stood with it. | 我实在不清楚我的立场 |
[33:11] | But there is a culture of suppression in this place. | 但本公司有个压迫的文化 |
[33:18] | A human resources field day. | 人资毫无作为 |
[33:20] | A legal liability candy store headed by you. | 还有各种衍生的法律责任 这些都由你带头 |
[33:24] | As recently as this week | 就是这周发生的事 |
[33:26] | with a graduate in FX sales. | 与一名毕业生外汇业务有关 |
[33:29] | The client in question has also abused me. | 那名客户也曾侵犯我 |
[33:33] | I would be happy to testify to that. | 我愿意作证 |
[33:36] | I don’t know how you think this poxy threat expedites my decision. | 这些无用的威胁 无法加速我的决策时间 |
[33:41] | All I’m saying is… | 我想说的是 |
[33:42] | let’s work this out, peer to peer. | 我们平起平坐解决这事吧 |
[33:45] | The institution doesn’t suffer. | 这不会对公司有害的 |
[33:49] | You two are quite something. | 你们俩真不容易 |
[33:52] | She’s quite something. | 是她很不容易 |
[33:54] | I’m an old crank. | 我只是个怪老人 |
[33:57] | But we were the future once, my friend. | 但我们曾是公司的未来 |
[34:03] | Your 3.00pm is here. | 你的会议对象来了 |
[34:07] | William. | 威廉 |
[34:09] | Let’s remember… to smile. | 请记得保持微笑 |
[34:13] | It costs us nothing. | 不会让你少一块肉的 |
[34:23] | We won’t be working with my father anymore… | 我们不会与我爸合作了 |
[34:26] | with Charles anymore. | 不必与查理合作 |
[34:30] | That’s not your decision to make. | 你没有决定权 |
[34:33] | It is… | 我有 |
[34:35] | and I’ve made it. | 事情已经定案了 |
[34:40] | I’ve looked at people like you my whole life. | 我这辈子见过无数像你的人 |
[34:43] | I had to do very bad things to just get to where you started | 我必须耍尽手段才能达到你的起点 |
[34:46] | so… shall we honor ourselves by dropping naivete? | 我们还是抛弃天真,接纳自我吧 |
[34:53] | I’m too old to work with crusaders. It’s exhausting. | 我没力气与改革斗士合作,太累人了 |
[34:57] | The status quo works for us, so why don’t you just relax? | 既然现状合适,你何不稍微喘口气? |
[35:00] | Because I don’t like working like this. | 因为我不喜欢这样合作 |
[35:03] | You’re not professional with me. It’s not professional. | 你对我的表现并不专业 一点也不专业 那就别与我合作,谢谢 没有你爸,你的职位太花钱了 是他让你有利用价值 你忘了有多少女生像你一样 |
[36:20] | I can’t get into the house. | 我打不开家门 |
[36:21] | I changed the locks and I’ve frozen you out of the bank. | 我把锁换了,你也不能用我的账户了 |
[36:24] | If you wanna be on your own, here you go. | 你想自立自强,那就照你的意思 |
[36:27] | This is what you do to me. | 这就是你这么做的下场 |
[36:39] | I didn’t know where else to go. | 我无处可去 |
[36:42] | I’m just heading to Rishi’s wedding. | 我正要去瑞希的婚礼 |
[37:00] | I need 20 pounds for the taxi. | 我需要二十英镑的车钱 |
[37:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:11] | I’m sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[37:13] | for using you, I guess, is the only way to say it. | 利用了你 我想也只能这样说了 |
[37:19] | Hey, it’s all right. | 没事的 |
[37:23] | You know it usually works if the person wants to be used. | 有人愿打就有人愿挨 |
[37:27] | Feeling better? | 好点了吗? |
[37:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:36] | Maybe I’ve been a bit rash. | 或许我太莽撞了 |
[37:42] | I wonder if anyone here’s picked up. | 不知道这里有没有人卖毒品? |
[37:47] | It’s a country wedding. | 这个婚礼办在乡下 |
[37:49] | That’s like County Lines gear. Christ. | 那就代表毒网蔓延到这儿了,天啊 |
[37:52] | Well, I’m actually on a WhatsApp group of like 200 people. | 我加入了一个通讯群组 群组内有两百人左右 |
[37:56] | You can just say where you are globally | 只要发送地理位置 就会有人找出附近的毒品来源 |
[37:57] | and someone’ll source a coke number for you. | |
[38:00] | What, like a… | 就像记录着毒品买卖点的旋转名片架 |
[38:02] | like a Rolodex of Rail? | |
[38:05] | A Little Black Book of Beak? | 或是写满可卡因毒贩的黑皮书 |
[38:08] | A… | 或是‥ |
[38:11] | I can’t think of anything else. Sorry. I’m tired. | 我什么也想不到,抱歉 我太累了 |
[38:19] | Would you help a girl out? | 你想不想‥ 给女孩一点货? |
[38:24] | Yas, are you fucking serious? | 小雅,你认真吗? |
[38:27] | I’m so, so tired. | 我累坏了 |
[38:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:39] | As you wish. | 如你所愿 |
[38:41] | But I’m not gonna partake, all right? | 但我自己不吸 |
[38:43] | But, yeah. | 不过呢 |
[38:44] | I can help a girl out. | 我能帮你 |
[38:48] | I’ll wait in your room? | 我去你房间等吗? |
[38:51] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[38:53] | – Last orders, please. – For now. | -最后一次点餐,带回房间吃 -现在呢‥ 去等吧 |
[38:55] | – Take it up to your room. – Sure. | |
[38:57] | Thank you. | |
[39:11] | Fuck’s sake. | 饶了我吧 |
[39:12] | I sneak away from the fucking ushers’ dinner and my nemesis | 我成功从婚前聚餐溜走 结果我的宿敌 也在附近唯一的酒吧自己喝 |
[39:15] | is self-medicating in the only other pub around. | |
[39:18] | This is my last night as my own man. | 今晚是我告别单身的前夕 |
[39:19] | I could leave. | 我可以走啊 |
[39:21] | I mean, the abyss is better stared into alone… | 独自一人比较适合凝视深渊,但是‥ 留下来吧 |
[39:23] | but… stay. | |
[39:28] | I’ll take two neat. | 两杯纯酒 |
[39:30] | Yes, put it on her tab. | 是的,记在她的账上 |
[39:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:36] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[39:42] | Diana’s great, by the way. | 顺带一提,戴安娜很好 |
[39:45] | That’s not the point though, is it? | 这不是重点吧? |
[39:48] | I’m not sure introspection suits you. | 内省不像是你的作风 |
[39:50] | I know, I know. Fucking weddings. | 我知道,该死的婚礼 |
[39:54] | What a criminal invention. | 多么不道德的发明 |
[39:57] | They made a cliché of me yet. | 他们让我做这种老套的事 |
[40:02] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:04] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[40:06] | Huh? | |
[40:08] | Adler went for it. | 艾德勒同意了 |
[40:09] | We’re a go. We can stay. It’s all squared away. | 策略成功了,我们能留在英国 一切都安排好了 |
[40:13] | Rishi and Danny are out. | 瑞希和丹尼都出局了 |
[40:17] | Tell Mom not to worry. I’ll call her soon. | 告诉妈别担心,我会尽快回电 |
[40:43] | What’s up? | 怎样? |
[40:44] | Nothing, just processing. | 没事 还在消化一切 |
[40:48] | You know Di’s pregnant? | 戴安娜怀孕了 |
[40:54] | You’re really A-list at your job, you know? | 你知道你是个王牌业务吗? |
[40:58] | Everything’s gonna work out for you. | 一切都会很顺利 |
[41:01] | An unnecessary but a valued compliment. | 真是一段没必要又很重要的赞美 |
[41:08] | All right. I am full-on scared now. | 我现在怕到不行 |
[41:11] | Nothing that a fucking stripe won’t sort out, luckily. | 幸好没什么是吸毒解决不了的事 |
[41:15] | You coming? | 你要来吗? |
[41:23] | You know, I always used to feel doubly happy | 我总对其他结婚的人感到格外开心 |
[41:24] | at other people’s weddings. | |
[41:26] | Fucking happy for the couple and their coupling. | 为情侣们结为连理而开心 |
[41:31] | Happy for myself that I was never directly involved. | 也因为并非自己结婚而开心 |
[41:37] | Maybe just think about it as like a chapter in the book | 可以想成是人生其中一个篇章 |
[41:39] | not the entire novel. | 而不是结局 |
[41:42] | Sweep it under the rug. | 置之不理就好 |
[41:45] | That’s a wildly calculated thing to say to a man about to be married. | 你心机好重 对即将结婚的男人说这种话 |
[41:49] | Fuck it. | 管它的,要会抽离情绪 |
[41:51] | Compartmentalize. | |
[41:52] | That’s the only way that we can justify | 唯有如此才能面对 人生中的不光彩,对吧? |
[41:55] | the bits of our life we’d rather forget, right? | |
[42:00] | I mean, that’s psychopath logic. | 这是变态人格的想法 |
[42:06] | You compartmentalize heinous shit? | 你脑中藏了这么邪恶的想法? |
[42:11] | Anyway, this is… | 总之,这是‥ |
[42:15] | this is what I should be doing. | 这是我该做的事 |
[42:59] | That was… | 那只是‥ |
[43:02] | Let’s not. | 别说 |
[43:06] | Sorry. I just had to… get the poison out. | 抱歉,我必须解放一下 |
[43:11] | Me too. | 我也是‥ |
[43:14] | Me too. | |
[43:30] | I told you, mate, I’m sober as a judge. | 就说吧,我像法官一样清醒 |
[43:32] | I can see that. | 看得出来 |
[43:34] | Just lemme see your license. | 请拿出驾照 |
[43:42] | Whoa… whoa. | |
[43:51] | Personal use? | 个人用途是吗? |
[43:52] | It’s hardly intent to supply, is it? | 看就知道是自己要用吧? |
[43:54] | No, it’s not. | 没错 |
[43:57] | It’s enough for you to lose your job over though, isn’t it? | 但足以让你失去工作吧? |
[44:02] | Come on and cool off in the drunk tank. | 走吧,去酒醉拘留室冷静一下 |
[44:05] | Come on. | 走了 |
[44:10] | A Bloom at Oxford. | 布鲁家族有人进牛津大学了 |
[44:12] | Dozens of generations didn’t make it. | 好几代都录取不了 |
[44:16] | Now dozens of generations might. | 而现在起可能情况相反了 |
[44:20] | Get us another bottle? | 再拿一瓶酒来 |
[44:22] | Yeah. | 好 |
[44:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:30] | It was easily done. | 这很好处理,而且他值得这一切 某方面来说是他争取到的 |
[44:32] | And he deserves it. He earned it, in a way. | |
[44:39] | I lost my job… | 我丢了工作 |
[44:44] | again. | 不是第一次了 |
[44:46] | Is that a demand? | 你在提出要求吗? |
[44:50] | Is that an offer? | 你在提供机会吗? |
[44:59] | I’m sure we can find you something to celebrate. | 我能帮你找到值得庆祝的事 |
[45:04] | – All right. – Thank you. | -来吧 -谢谢 |
[45:07] | When we land you’re straight in with Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema. | 降落后,你直接与乔伊曼契 和克丝汀西奈玛会面 |
[45:11] | Trying to twist their arm on the giant spending package. | 施压他们提供巨额振兴方案 |
[45:15] | Rachel Levine wants to talk about Rican | 瑞秋李文想谈莱肯的事 |
[45:17] | in the context of the future of US healthcare next week. | 下周谈论关于美国健保的未来 |
[45:21] | Tell her I’m no expert. I just own it. | 告诉她我不了解莱肯 我只是拥有莱肯 |
[45:26] | So look, now that you’ve officially joined me on the dark side | 既然你正式加入我的黑暗势力 |
[45:30] | you can sit in these meets with me. | 你能参与我们的会面 |
[45:33] | You can be proud of yourself too. | 你也能以自己为傲 |
[45:37] | These are the rooms you were born into, lest we forget. | 你生来就属于这个职位 别忘记了 |
[45:43] | Don’t forget to tell them what schools you went to. | 别忘了告诉他们你的学历 |
[45:50] | I’ll be proud of you too. | 我也会以你为傲 |
[46:24] | And did those feet… | "古代先贤的脚步‥" |
[46:28] | I’ve been wearing this outfit for 30 hours. | 我大概三十小时没换衣服了 |
[46:32] | Two whole days. It’s atrocious. | 整整两天,太残忍了 |
[46:37] | Where’s Rob? | 罗伯呢? |
[46:38] | He didn’t come back last night. I just zonked out. | 他昨晚没回来,我睡翻了 |
[46:41] | I don’t know. I think his phone’s dead. | 我不知道,他的手机好像没电了 |
[46:43] | He probably got sucked into a bender with the ushers. | 他可能跟婚礼迎宾员饮酒狂欢 |
[46:46] | Maybe he’s drinking again. | 或许他又开始喝酒了? |
[46:51] | You were right… | 你说得没错 |
[46:53] | when you said nothing I have belongs to me. | 我拥有的一切都不属于我 |
[46:58] | Did I say that? | 我说过这些话吗? |
[47:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[47:02] | But it was right after I said no one would ever love you. | 但那是在我说没人会爱你之后 |
[47:06] | Sting! | 天啊 |
[47:08] | Jeez, fuck, we were that real? | 老天爷啊,我们当时那么狠? |
[47:11] | – Yeah. – Went for the neck, bitch. | -是啊 -简直想干掉对方 |
[47:14] | It’s a fucking church. | 我们在教堂呢 |
[47:15] | And was Jerusalem builded here | |
[47:22] | Among those dark Satanic Mills? | |
[47:29] | Do you think I’m poison? | 我是个恶毒的人吗? |
[47:32] | Do you think I am? | 那你觉得我是吗? |
[47:50] | I’m very touched that you called. | 你打给我,真令人感动 |
[47:54] | My phone died. | 我的手机没电了 |
[47:56] | Thank God I had your card, eh? | 幸好我有你的名片 |
[48:00] | I appreciate it. | 谢谢你 |
[48:02] | Everyone needs someone. | 每个人都需要依靠 |
[48:09] | You look very ugly when you eat. | 你吃相还真丑 |
[48:21] | There must be nothing more terrifying to you than going home. | 回家一定让你很害怕 |
[48:24] | What the fuck do you know about me? | -你又了解我什么了? -我和你很亲近 |
[48:26] | Oh, I know you intimately. | |
[48:27] | – Don’t flatter yourself. – No, I know you. | 别抬举自己了 没有,我了解你 |
[48:31] | You see, ’cause you’re just like my mother, right? | 因为你就像我妈 |
[48:34] | She was an unfillable void of need too. | 她也有永无止尽的需求 |
[48:36] | Well, that explains you then. | 难怪你会是这副德性 |
[48:43] | You know, I’ve been trying to… | 我一直试图了解 像你这样的掠食者 |
[48:46] | understand how a predator like you… | |
[48:51] | you know, for every one of the people that you use… | 你利用过的每个人 |
[48:53] | who recoiled when you touch them | 他们都厌恶你的触摸 |
[48:56] | there might be someone like me who sees you | 但当中可能有人像我一样 了解你,给予感情回报 在那一刻,你就能好好活着 |
[48:58] | and yeah, reciprocates and just for a little bit, you get to live. | |
[49:04] | “Predator”? | 掠食者? |
[49:06] | Is that the person you know? | 你觉得我是那种人吗? |
[49:11] | God, you kids. | 你们这些年轻人 |
[49:15] | I get a bit pissed. I get a little bit handsy. | 我稍微喝醉了,稍微碰个你们几下 |
[49:19] | Oh, you act like the fucking world’s ending. | 你们就一副世界要毁了的样子 |
[49:23] | Yeah, but those other kids don’t get to see your bedroom, do they? | 但你不会让其他人进你房间吧? |
[49:28] | And let me tell you, from the privileged position | 既然我有特权进你房间 我就告诉你吧 |
[49:30] | of you letting me in | |
[49:31] | it’s the loneliest fucking place I’ve ever seen. | 那里让我体验到前所未有的孤独 |
[49:35] | It’s the loneliest place I’ve ever been. | 我从没去过如此孤寂的地方 |
[49:38] | And you felt so at home. | 而你就像回到家了 |
[49:53] | Go on then. Fuck off. | 你走吧,滚出去 |
[49:57] | Or are you done being a victim? | 还是你当够受害者了? |
[50:17] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[50:20] | See? You want me too. | 看吧,你也渴望着我 |
[50:47] | Thanks for meeting me outside of the office. | 感谢你出来见我 |
[50:49] | I wanted to… | 我想对你道歉 |
[50:53] | to apologize. | |
[50:55] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[50:56] | You’re the first one to actually ask me properly. | 你是第一个认真问的人 |
[51:01] | I am. | 我还好 谢谢你,我很好 |
[51:02] | Yeah, thank you. I am. | |
[51:05] | I’m really glad. | 很开心你这么说 |
[51:07] | With the new CPS and FX merger | 跨商品交易组与外汇组合并后 |
[51:09] | I… I might not stay at Pierpoint. | 我可能会离开码点 |
[51:13] | Do you ever think you can feel yourself corrode in real time? | 你懂那种分秒受到侵蚀的感觉吗? |
[51:18] | Sure. | 我懂 |
[51:20] | Yeah, I think I’m… eyeing the exit too. | 没错,我也打算离开 |
[51:26] | The money is fucking hard to give up though. | "221英镑" 但实在很难放弃大好薪资 |
[51:35] | I’ll get this. | 我来结账吧 |
[51:36] | Don’t be ridiculous. Okay, I’m senior to you. | 别闹了,我比你资深 |
[51:39] | I was, at least. | 至少我之前是 |
[51:43] | Thanks. It was a laugh. | 谢谢,跟你用餐很愉快 |
[51:46] | Bitches who brunch. | 吃早午餐的两个疯女人 "221英镑" |
[52:11] | Doors opening. | |
[52:23] | They’ve changed our entire working lives | 他们要我们一夕间改变工作模式 却连个提醒也没有 |
[52:26] | overnight without a fucking memo. | |
[52:31] | Got 99 problems but the pitch ain’t one. | 困难事一堆,但提案不是其中之一 |
[52:35] | He’s the goat. You’re the lamb. | -他很厉害 -而你略逊一筹 |
[52:37] | Anraj. | 安拉吉 |
[52:40] | They asked me at RIF if I could do it on a wet, windy night in Stoke. | 他们在裁减日问我 能否在刮风下雨的夜晚打赢斯托克城 |
[52:44] | I said, of course. | 我说当然行 |
[52:47] | So, Rishi hired me for the new team. | 于是瑞希录取我入新团队 |
[52:49] | Anraj, stop it. | -安拉吉,别说了 -抱歉 |
[52:51] | Sorry about that. | |
[52:53] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里? |
[52:58] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[53:05] | It’s like 100% colder this side of the floor. | 这边怎么冷成这样 |
[53:08] | Kenneth, could be dangerous this level of aircon | 这温度对循环不良的人来说可不太好 |
[53:10] | for a lad with piss-poor circulation. | |
[53:14] | Commander Tao, welcome aboard. | 陶长官,欢迎加入 |
[53:17] | Good to be down here again. Air hits different. | 回到楼下的感觉真好 空气整个不同了 |
[53:21] | Hey, follow me a sec? | 跟我来一下好吗? |
[53:23] | Did the big man just blank you? | 老大刚刚无视你吗? |
[53:25] | Honestly, just give me a bottle of whisky and a fucking gun. | 给我一杯威士忌和手枪吧 |
[53:28] | Nah, I can’t see you doing yourself like that. | 你不会那样自杀的 |
[53:30] | You’re more a “hose in the exhaust” kinda guy. | -你会接废气到车内 -贾姬,我开的是特斯拉 我看见丹尼的门禁卡失效了 |
[53:32] | – Jackie, I drive a Tesla. – I saw DVD’s pass was dead. | |
[53:38] | And what’s the story with Rish? | 瑞希是怎么回事? |
[53:41] | Rishi stays, I found the headcount. | 瑞希会留下,我查明职员总数了 |
[53:45] | Fuck. | 天啊 |
[53:47] | I’m stunned at how relieved I am at that. | 我竟然感到如释重担 |
[53:50] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[53:52] | – Doors opening. – Little light-headed. | 头有点晕,身体不太舒服 |
[53:54] | Under the weather. | |
[53:56] | Been quite a few months. | 持续好几个月了 |
[54:00] | Doors closing. | |
[54:02] | Feels like a fever dream sometimes. | 好像经历一场栩栩如生的梦 |
[54:06] | Got to check you’re real… | 还要确认自己是不是真的 |
[54:11] | Yep, still alive. | 我还活着 |
[54:17] | Time’s up. | 我差不多了 |
[54:22] | God, I was a zombie in that hotel room. | 我在饭店里简直像个活尸 |
[54:25] | I think I ran up quite the bill. | 想必花了不少开销 |
[54:27] | You did. | 确实 |
[54:29] | Pierpoint wouldn’t cover it. | 码点不愿意支付 |
[54:31] | I got it. | 我替你付了 |
[54:35] | Why? | 为什么? |
[54:38] | Why? We’re past why. | 还问为什么? 我们交情不止如此 |
[54:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 我这么做是为了你好 |
[54:49] | – Doors opening. – I’m doing this for you. | |
[55:01] | Okay, what have we got today? | 今天状况如何,接下来十二个月呢? |
[55:03] | What’s the next 12 months? | |
[55:04] | We need to make Pierpoint the market leader in ethical investing. | -要让码点成为道德投资的领导者 -很好 |
[55:07] | Good. | |
[55:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[55:23] | Please… | 拜托 |
[55:25] | This cannot be about Jesse… | 别说是杰西的事 |
[55:28] | – I didn’t know he was gonna… – Harp. | 我不知道他会‥ 荷波,请坐 |
[55:31] | Would you have a seat? | |
[55:57] | There’s no easy way of saying this. | 接下来的话会很直接 |
[56:01] | It’s been brought to our attention | 我们发现你并未完成大学学业 |
[56:02] | that… you never completed your undergraduate degree. | |
[56:08] | Your transcript… | 你的成绩单是伪造的 |
[56:11] | was a forgery. | |
[56:21] | College graduation is a sine qua non for all of our employees. | 学士学位是我们所有员工的必备条件 |
[56:24] | Your duplicity in this matter contradicts | 你的谎言违背了码点的基本准则 |
[56:26] | a founding principle of Pierpoint’s business… | |
[56:28] | honesty and integrity. | 诚信与正直 |
[56:32] | We’ve made a strong recommendation to your manager. | 我们向你的经理提出强烈建议 |
[56:36] | There’s only one course of action in this scenario. | 此情况只有一种处理方式 |
[56:48] | I have to let you go. | 我必须要你走人 |
[56:53] | You’re fired, Harper. | 你被解雇了,荷波 本季终 谢谢观赏 |