英文名称:Intrigo Death Of An Author
年代:2018
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:10] | The people of the world are more or less the same. | 世上的人们都差不多 |
[03:14] | Though we may come in different shapes and colors, | 尽管我们可能体型肤色各不相同 |
[03:18] | we all share the same inheritance, | 我们都承袭了同样的资源 |
[03:21] | and we all have our back stories, and our secrets. | 也都有我们各自的故事和秘密 |
[03:27] | Like this man, let’s call him Henry, | 就比如这个人 就叫他亨利吧 |
[03:30] | trying to find his way on a remote Greek island. | 正试着在偏远的希腊小岛上寻找出路 |
[03:38] | Even though evolution might seem to mature us, | 尽管我们进化得更成熟了 |
[03:41] | there are still parts of our brain | 但是我们大脑中某些部分 |
[03:44] | that belong to our reptile ancestors. | 和我们的爬行动物祖先没什么两样 |
[03:48] | Although we’ve convinced ourselves that hate, | 尽管我们已经说服自己 |
[03:50] | revenge and nemesis belong to the past, | 憎恨 复仇 和世敌都已经过去了 |
[03:54] | our ancient ancestors’ blood still runs in our veins, | 但是我们血管里依旧留着祖先的血液 |
[04:00] | whether we like it or not. | 无论我们是否喜欢 |
[04:27] | 阴谋 作家之死 | |
[04:59] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[05:11] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[05:24] | Henry Maertens? | 亨利·梅尔滕斯吗 |
[05:26] | Mr. Henderson. | 亨德森先生 你好 |
[05:29] | It’s Alex. | 叫我亚历克斯 |
[05:34] | You found the way… obviously. | 很显然你找对路了 |
[05:53] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[05:56] | Perhaps you’d prefer a cold drink? | 你想要冰饮吗 |
[05:59] | No, no, no. Tea will do nicely. Thank you very much. | 不用了 茶就可以了 非常感谢 |
[06:08] | A lighthouse? It’s quite something. | 灯塔吗 真不错 |
[06:12] | I like to guide people. | 我喜欢指引人们 |
[06:14] | If they get too close, I turn the light off. | 如果他们走太近 我就把灯关掉了 |
[06:19] | I prefer the solitude. I hate neighbors. | 我更喜欢独处 不喜欢有邻居 |
[06:24] | Some say I hate people and that’s… | 甚至还有人说我不喜欢人类 |
[06:28] | bloody true. | 这还真没说错 |
[06:31] | Then this must be the perfect spot. | 那这里绝对是个好地方 |
[06:34] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[06:37] | And all of this is mine. | 所有这些都是我的 |
[06:39] | And the olive grove behind us. | 我们身后的橄榄树也是 |
[06:43] | Some of the trees are 500 years old. | 有些树都已经500多岁了 |
[06:46] | They were here when Columbus discovered America. | 哥伦布发现美洲的时候就已经在这了 |
[06:49] | And there’s a small chapel on the other side, which is also mine. | 另一边还有座小教堂 也是我的 |
[06:55] | That’s where I’m going to be buried… | 当那天来临的时候 |
[06:58] | when that day comes. | 我会葬在那里 |
[07:00] | So, my publisher forwarded your letter. | 出版社把你的信给我看了 |
[07:04] | I can’t remember what you wrote, | 我不记得你写了什么 |
[07:06] | but I assume you wanted to know how to become a writer. | 但我猜你是想知道怎样成为一名作家 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1289个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:262个,六级词汇:144个,GRE词汇:146个,托福词汇:198个,考研词汇:285个,专四词汇:246个,专八词汇:53个, 所有生词标注共:464个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[07:10] | Actually, no. | 其实不是的 |
[07:13] | It’s– It’s actually more about the story. | 我 我更想说好那个故事 |
[07:17] | The book I’m writing, | 我在写的那本书 |
[07:18] | if it’s any good or interesting enough. | 也不知道是不是够好够有趣 |
[07:21] | There are parallels to Gilliam’s Temptation in a way. | 它某种程度上和《吉列姆的诱惑》有点类似 |
[07:24] | I haven’t read it since I wrote it. | 我写完就没再读过 |
[07:29] | Sure, sure, sure, sure. | 拿给我看看吧 |
[07:31] | Since you’ve come all this way. | 既然你来都来了 |
[07:35] | It’s about this couple… | 故事是讲的一对夫妻 |
[07:38] | David and Eva. | 大卫和伊娃 |
[07:41] | About their relationship, you could say. | 关于他们之间的关系 |
[07:43] | David is a writer, a rather successful one. | 大卫是个挺成功的作家 |
[07:48] | And Eva is a high school teacher, no children. | 伊娃是一个高中老师 没有孩子 |
[07:51] | You’re not gonna read the whole book? | 你不会是要把整本书读给我听吧 |
[07:53] | Just bits and pieces, so you get a feeling for the story. | 就几部分 让你能够了解这个故事 |
[07:58] | Get on with it. | 继续吧 |
[08:03] | They left on the 15th of August, | 他们在8月15日一同离开 |
[08:06] | traveling in the car together, just the two of them. | 两个人一起坐车旅行 |
[08:09] | David felt he really loved her. | 大卫觉得自己很爱她 |
[08:11] | They had been married for almost eight years. | 他们结婚差不多八年了 |
[08:14] | Of course, they had their difficulties, | 当然 他们也有过争吵 |
[08:16] | but he’d never felt it so strongly before. | 但他从未像现在这样感觉强烈 |
[08:20] | In the midst of this euphoric feeling, there was a dissonance. | 就在这愉悦的感觉中 出现了一丝不和谐 |
[08:23] | As if one of the strings in a chord was slightly out of tune. | 就好像是和弦中有一个音不准了 |
[08:28] | It’s difficult to pinpoint more precisely where that feeling originated. | 这种感觉不知道从何而来 |
[08:32] | But he seemed to have discovered a streak in his wife | 但是他似乎发现了 |
[08:36] | that he’d never noticed before. | 他妻子从未有过的性格 |
[08:38] | Whether the actual change was in her or in him, he couldn’t tell. | 但他也不知道到底是他们谁变了 |
[08:45] | Shall I switch on the radio? | 要我开收音机吗 |
[08:47] | I’d rather not. Thank you. | 还是别了吧 谢谢 |
[08:57] | Gabber recommended this gasthof just south of Burghausen, | 加伯推荐的这家布格豪森南边的旅馆 |
[09:02] | which is supposed to be nice. | 应该会很不错 |
[09:05] | Edelweiss, good food apparently. | 雪绒花旅馆 显然他们的食物不错 |
[09:09] | After the shortcut, we’ll soon be on the highway again. | 开过这段路 我们很快就又能上高架了 |
[09:14] | So we should get there around 7:00, 7:30. | 所以我们应该会在七点 七点半到那里 |
[09:23] | Tomorrow’s leg will be shorter. | 明天的路会短一点 |
[09:30] | I wonder how many gasthofs are called Edelweiss, | 我好奇有多少旅馆叫雪绒花 |
[09:34] | must be hundreds. | 肯定有好几百家 |
[09:35] | David, I’ve met someone else. | 大卫 我出轨了 |
[09:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:48] | The way things have been this past year, I– | 去年一年发生的事情 我 |
[09:51] | I-I have no choice | 我 我别无选择 |
[09:53] | and I’m going to leave you. | 我只能离开你 |
[09:56] | Anyone I know? | 是我认识的人吗 |
[09:57] | It’s, um, Mauritz. | 是毛里茨 |
[10:00] | Mauritz Winkler? | 毛里茨·温克勒吗 |
[10:12] | Christ, why do all women have to fall in love with their therapist? | 天呐 为什么女人都会爱上她们的咨询师 |
[10:21] | You know as well as I do that it doesn’t mean anything. | 你我都明白这没有任何意义 |
[10:35] | So why are we on this fucking trip? | 那我们为什么还要出来旅行 |
[10:38] | Look, I wanted to give it a try, but it seems futile. | 我本想试一下 但好像也没用 |
[10:46] | I’m so sorry, I’ve just– I’ve got to be honest with you. | 很抱歉 我得实话实说告诉你 |
[12:37] | Mr. Schwartz? | 施瓦茨先生吗 |
[12:39] | Madame H. | H夫人 |
[12:40] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[12:44] | Pleasant journey, I hope. | 希望你们这次旅行很愉快 |
[12:45] | – It’s the most wonderful road. – Isn’t it? | -这条路很棒的 -当然 |
[12:48] | Can I get someone to help with your bags? | 要我找人帮你拿包吗 |
[12:50] | No, I’ll be fine. | 没事 我可以的 |
[12:51] | Oh, you shouldn’t trouble yourself. | 你就别累着自己了 |
[12:53] | No trouble at all. | 一点都不累 |
[12:54] | It’s good to have you here. | 很高兴你能来 |
[12:56] | And good to be here. | 我也很高兴来到这里 |
[13:46] | This was the last time. | 这是最后一次了 |
[13:49] | You can’t be serious? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[13:52] | Oh, I’m serious, David. | 我是认真的 大卫 |
[14:03] | You belong to me, Eva. | 你是我的 伊娃 |
[14:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[15:13] | Do you need the spray? | 你要喷点吗 |
[15:16] | Here. | 来 |
[15:18] | Have a seat. | 坐这里 |
[15:21] | Here. | 来 |
[15:25] | Do you want some water? | 要不要喝点水 |
[15:27] | No, I’m fine. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢你 |
[15:30] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 我没事 谢谢你 |
[15:49] | Don’t you understand that it will pass? | 你知不知道 这都会过去的 |
[15:51] | You know, you’re just confused. | 你对他只是一时糊涂 |
[15:57] | I’m not confused. | 我不是一时糊涂 |
[16:01] | You know, I had other women. | 我也有过一些其他女人 |
[16:05] | Why do you bring that up? | 你干嘛提这个 |
[16:07] | Because I want you to know | 因为我想让你明白 |
[16:08] | they never meant anything. | 这都不代表什么 |
[16:10] | Well, that’s just the difference. | 这就是我们的差别了 |
[16:13] | What is? | 什么意思 |
[16:15] | I’ve only had one, David. | 我只有一个男人 大卫 |
[16:17] | And he means everything. | 他就是我的一切 |
[16:30] | If your life | 如果你的人生 |
[16:33] | is dark and then a door suddenly opens, then… | 很黑暗 突然之间有一扇窗开了 |
[16:38] | you have to move on. | 你得学会继续生活下去 |
[16:40] | No, it’s your responsibility. | 不 这是你的责任 |
[16:42] | I think you owe it to yourself. | 是你欠你自己的 |
[16:45] | That sounds like something Mauritz Winkler could have said. | 这听上去倒像是毛里茨·温克勒会说的话 |
[16:49] | Do you mean your life or whose life are we talking about here? | 你到底在说你的 还是别人的生活 |
[16:52] | Our life. | 我们的生活 |
[16:54] | Our life together. | 我们共同的生活 |
[16:55] | Bullshit. Fucking rubbish. | 胡扯 全他妈胡扯 |
[16:59] | We don’t talk to each other anymore. | 我们都不再跟彼此说话 |
[17:00] | We don’t stimulate each other anymore. | 我们也不再相互鼓励 |
[17:01] | So you talk to him instead | 所以你跟他说 |
[17:03] | about our relationship? | 说我们俩的关系吗 |
[17:04] | Don’t you see it, David? | 你还不懂吗 大卫 |
[17:07] | It’s so very obvious right now. | 这都已经很明显了 |
[17:10] | If we continue like this, we’ll just cease to exist. | 如果我们继续这样下去 我们将不复存在 |
[17:12] | Those are just words with no meaning. | 这些都只是没意义的空话 |
[17:15] | They signify nothing. | 什么都说明不了 |
[17:19] | They signify everything. | 这些说明了一切 |
[17:31] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊 |
[17:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:35] | But you can’t just walk off like that. | 但你不能就这么走开吧 |
[17:39] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[17:44] | What? But… | 什么 但是 |
[17:46] | since when do you know? | 你什么时候知道的 |
[17:47] | It’s not your child, David. | 不是你的孩子 大卫 |
[17:56] | I understand if that makes you feel… | 可能这会让你不高兴 |
[17:59] | unhappy. | 我能理解 |
[18:02] | You know I haven’t felt ready. | 你知道我之前都没准备好 |
[18:03] | I haven’t been able to see myself with a child. | 我觉得自己没办法抚养一个孩子 |
[18:06] | You just didn’t want a child with me. | 你只是不想和我有孩子吧 |
[18:08] | It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[18:09] | Go on, admit it. | 你就承认了吧 |
[18:12] | This is about me. Only me. | 这是我自己的问题 我的问题 |
[18:24] | Twenty-four hours later, Mauritz Winkler showed up. | 二十四小时后 毛里茨·温克勒出现了 |
[18:28] | Booked himself into a hotel in the next valley. | 在隔壁山谷的一家酒店订了房 |
[18:34] | The following morning, she took the car… | 第二天早上 她开走了车 |
[18:37] | to see him, Mauritz Winkler. | 去见他 毛里茨·温克勒 |
[18:41] | So, he lets her leave. | 他让她走了 |
[18:45] | Just like that? What a wimp. | 就这样吗 真是个懦夫 |
[18:47] | She’s such a bitch. I like her. | 她真是个婊子 我喜欢她 |
[18:51] | Do you want my comments now or afterwards? | 你想要我现在点评还是之后再点评 |
[18:54] | Maybe I should go on. | 或许我应该继续说下去 |
[18:55] | Whatever. | 随你 |
[18:57] | He decided to go for a walk in the mountains. | 他决定去山里走走 |
[19:00] | He didn’t feel like being around anyone. | 他想单独一个人静静 |
[19:03] | He didn’t want anything, apart from Eva. | 除了伊娃 他什么都不想要 |
[19:07] | When your soul is wounded, physical activity can heal. | 当你灵魂受伤时 体力活动可以治愈你 |
[19:13] | And while he was sitting there, he couldn’t stop thinking about | 当他坐在那里的时候 他忍不住想到 |
[19:16] | the skin on the inside of Eva’s thigh. | 伊娃大腿内侧的皮肤 |
[19:19] | If only the probing sensitive touch of your fingertips | 只有当你的指尖足够敏锐 |
[19:23] | could find that certain spot. | 才能找到那个兴奋点 |
[19:28] | Then of course Mauritz Winkler invaded his thoughts. | 随后他又不由自主地想到了毛里茨·温克勒 |
[19:32] | His fingers, his body against hers. | 想到他们的身体 手指缠绕在一起 |
[19:37] | Perhaps it was there and then that he made his decision. | 也许就在那时那地 他做出了决定 |
[19:43] | Afterwards, his memory failed him. | 之后 他无法忆起 |
[19:46] | But it must have come to him right there at that very moment. | 但是在那一刻 他心中确实有过答案 |
[19:50] | – Mr. Schwartz. – Hello. | -施瓦茨先生 -你好 |
[19:52] | Do you know if my wife has returned yet? | 我的妻子回来了吗 |
[19:54] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[19:57] | I haven’t seen either her or the car since this morning. | 我今早过后就没见过她和她的车 |
[20:00] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[20:13] | How could he make his inner being understand | 他是如何说服自己 |
[20:16] | that their love was over? | 他们的爱已经结束了的 |
[20:20] | He remembered when he first met her… | 他还记得第一次见到她的时候 |
[20:24] | how he immediately knew | 他立刻就知道 |
[20:26] | that this was the woman he wanted to share the rest of his life with. | 他想要和这个女人共度余生 |
[20:31] | He remembered their first kiss… | 他还记得他们第一次亲吻 |
[20:35] | the first time they made love. | 他们第一次做爱 |
[20:39] | He still loved her with every bone in his body. | 他依然全身心爱着她 |
[20:43] | And in a few months, Eva would give birth to a child | 几个月后 伊娃就会生下一个孩子 |
[20:47] | that wasn’t his. | 但父亲并不是他 |
[20:56] | Almost blinded by jealousy, at the same time, | 他几乎被嫉妒蒙蔽了内心 但与此同时 |
[21:00] | he was surprised by his own rationality. | 他又惊讶地发现自己多么的理智 |
[21:05] | But clearly, he has a plan. | 但很显然 他在计划着什么 |
[21:08] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:10] | After breakfast the next morning, | 第二天早上吃过早饭后 |
[21:12] | he says he’s going to take the car. | 他说去取车 |
[21:14] | Which she accepts. | 她同意了 |
[21:15] | So he drives off… | 然后他就开车 |
[21:17] | kills that man, Winkler, | 撞死了那个男人 温克勒 |
[21:20] | end of story, right? | 故事就结束了 是吗 |
[21:26] | No, not quite. But… | 不 并不是 但是 |
[21:29] | perhaps that should be the feeling you get when you read it. | 这可能就是你在读的时候的感觉 |
[21:32] | But that’s not what happens. | 但故事并不是这样 |
[21:34] | Surprise me, Henry. | 给我个惊喜吧 亨利 |
[21:43] | David had studied the map carefully, | 大卫认真研究了地图 |
[21:46] | so he knew precisely the winding road | 所以他很了解从格劳斯村开始的那条 |
[21:49] | from the village of Graues went uphill. | 蜿蜒盘旋向上的小路 |
[21:52] | There, some 500 meters below in the next valley | 在旁边山谷500米以下的地方 |
[21:55] | was the Lauern reservoir. | 就是劳恩水库 |
[21:58] | He had read about it in the tourist brochure. | 他在旅游手册上读到过 |
[22:01] | Opaque green water. | 那里有深不见底的的碧水 |
[22:03] | At full capacity, it could hold a billion cubic meters | 最多可以容纳十亿立方米 |
[22:07] | of melted snow and ice. | 融化的冰雪 |
[22:09] | When he came to the top, he had driven the car | 当他开到顶上时 |
[22:12] | all the way without having to use the brakes once. | 一路上都没踩过刹车 |
[22:17] | It wasn’t until he reached a sharp bend on his way down | 直到在下一个山谷前的急转弯 |
[22:20] | to the next valley that he needed them. | 他才踩了刹车 |
[22:24] | Just the way he’d imagined it. | 就和他想象中一样 |
[23:06] | – Excuse me? – Yes? | -不好意思 -怎么了 |
[23:07] | – Can I get one more, please? – Yes. | -能再给我拿一瓶吗 -好的 |
[23:08] | They ate in silence. | 他们沉默地吃着饭 |
[23:11] | Their words had suddenly become leaden, | 气氛变得非常沉重 |
[23:14] | just as on the eve of war when all negotiations have broken down | 就像是谈判破裂后的战争前夕 |
[23:19] | and all that remains is naked action. | 剩下的只有赤裸裸的行动 |
[23:56] | So, I’ll take the car. | 那我把车开走了 |
[23:57] | I filled it up yesterday. | 我昨天刚加满油 |
[24:06] | I’ll be home for supper. | 我晚饭的时候回来 |
[24:11] | She put her hand on David’s shoulder… | 她把手放在大卫的肩膀上 |
[24:15] | held it there a bit too long. | 停了很久 |
[24:20] | But he didn’t look up. | 但是他没有抬头 |
[24:22] | Never met her gaze. | 没有和她对视一眼 |
[25:00] | So… | 所以 |
[25:02] | the car is so demolished, | 这辆车本身就很破 |
[25:04] | nobody can tell the brakes were tampered with, | 就算找到了那辆车 |
[25:07] | if it’s ever found. | 也没人知道刹车被人动过手脚 |
[25:09] | Perhaps it disappears in that bloody lake. | 也可能就消失在那座湖里 |
[25:12] | – The Lauern reservoir. – The Lauern reservoir. | -劳恩水库 -劳恩水库 |
[25:16] | Yeah, Henry, it’s, um… | 不错亨利 计划很 |
[25:20] | elaborate. | 周密 |
[25:26] | It was a beautiful day and he decided to go for a walk along the river. | 天气很好 他准备沿着河走一走 |
[25:33] | He walked upstream for a couple of hours before deciding to turn back. | 他向上游走了几个小时才往回走 |
[25:40] | He was hungry, hadn’t had much for breakfast. | 他很饿 早上没吃多少早饭 |
[25:49] | It was as if time had ceased to exist. | 时间好像已经不复存在了 |
[25:54] | The hours just disappeared, but the minutes crept by slowly. | 分针缓缓地划过 时针像静止一般 |
[26:00] | At the same time, he felt remarkably calm. | 同时 他觉得出奇的平静 |
[26:03] | No, I haven’t seen her. | 没有 我没看到她 |
[26:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:14] | It was the empty room, | 房间里一个人也没有 |
[26:16] | the thought that she’d never again be there | 一想到她再也不会在这里 |
[26:18] | to meet him when he came home. | 迎接他回家 |
[26:22] | Just a big… void. | 只剩下莫大的空虚 |
[27:57] | The following morning was one of very few words. | 一早上他都没说什么话 |
[28:00] | He had been down and talked to Madame H in the reception, | 他下楼找接待处的H夫人谈话 |
[28:04] | filed a missing person report with the local police, | 向当地的警方报告了她的失踪 |
[28:08] | gone for a walk in Graues. | 去格劳斯散步 |
[28:12] | It wasn’t until the next day that he had a visitor. | 直到第二天来了位客人 |
[28:16] | – David Schwartz? – Yeah. | -大卫·施瓦茨吗 -是我 |
[28:18] | Chief Inspector Mort. | 我是莫特总督察官 |
[28:20] | So, let me get this straight. | 让我把事情搞清楚 |
[28:23] | You and your wife have been staying at this hotel, | 你和你妻子住在这个酒店 |
[28:26] | and your wife went missing the day before yesterday. | 然后你的妻子前天失踪了 |
[28:28] | – That’s correct. – Okay. | -是的 -好 |
[28:31] | So there must be a reason why your wife simply up and left. | 你的妻子不可能无缘无故地走掉 |
[28:35] | They say here in the hotel that you hardly spent any time together. | 酒店的人说你们基本不怎么在一起 |
[28:41] | We have different interests. | 我们有不同的爱好 |
[28:44] | She wanted to go for a drive, | 她想出去兜风 |
[28:45] | I wanted to walk along the river. | 我想去河边散步 |
[28:50] | I think something has happened to her. | 我想她肯定是出什么事了 |
[28:51] | – Like what, for instance? – I don’t know. | -比如呢 -我不知道 |
[28:55] | You had a row, didn’t you? | 你们吵架了吧 |
[28:58] | Why would we? | 为什么 |
[29:02] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么 |
[29:04] | “Implying”? | 暗示 |
[29:07] | You’re implying I had something to do with Eva’s disappearance? | 你是想说我和伊娃的失踪有关系吗 |
[29:13] | I went for a walk along the river, | 我想去散步 |
[29:14] | she wanted to go for a drive. | 她想去兜风 |
[29:16] | When you’ve been married as long as we have, | 如果你和我们一样结婚这么久 |
[29:18] | you allow each other that kind of freedom. | 你们会允许彼此有这点自由的 |
[29:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:30] | I need a coffee. | 我要喝杯咖啡 |
[29:33] | And that’s how it went for over an hour. | 接下来一个小时都是如此 |
[29:35] | And no, they hadn’t found the car, or any trace of it. | 他们没有找到那辆车 连影子也没有 |
[29:38] | They had searched all the roads in the area. | 他们搜查了区域内的所有公路 |
[29:41] | They’d issued an alert, | 他们发出了警示 |
[29:43] | and no reliable witnesses had come forth. | 但是没有可信的证人出来作证 |
[29:47] | Eva was gone. | 伊娃就这样消失了 |
[29:49] | Three and a half years have passed. | 三年半过去了 |
[29:52] | He remembers Graues. He never returned. | 他记得格劳斯 但从没有回去过 |
[29:56] | He remembers Chief Inspector Mort’s green shirt | 他记得莫特总督察官的绿衬衫 |
[29:58] | and the sweat patches under his armpits. | 和他腋窝下的汗渍 |
[30:01] | He remembers conversations with good friends and welfare officers. | 他记得与好朋友和社保员的对话 |
[30:07] | The months at the hospital after his breakdown. | 还有他崩溃后住院的日子 |
[30:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:19] | So, this is the end of your story? | 所以 这就是你故事的结局 |
[30:24] | You must be joking. | 开玩笑的吧 |
[30:28] | It’s actually the beginning. | 这才是开始 |
[30:35] | It was early March. | 那是三月份早些时候 |
[30:38] | Spring had not yet arrived. | 还没有到春天 |
[30:40] | Gusts of wind tore through the streets and alleys. | 阵阵狂风吹进大街小巷 |
[30:43] | The temperature dropped from a few degrees down to zero. | 气温从几度降到了零度 |
[30:47] | Berlin was unseasonably cold. | 柏林当时异常寒冷 |
[30:54] | At the very end of Haydn’s Cello Concerto No. 2, | 就在海顿大提琴d大调第二协奏曲的结尾处 |
[30:58] | it happened. | 那件事发生了 |
[31:01] | Someone in the audience coughed. | 观众里有人咳嗽 |
[31:04] | To David, it felt like an electric shock. | 对大卫来说那感觉像是触电了 |
[31:15] | It was her. It was Eva. | 那是她 是伊娃 |
[31:24] | Six months earlier, she must have been sitting there | 六个月前 她一定是坐在那里 |
[31:26] | in a concert hall in Maardam. | 一个在毛丹的音乐厅 |
[31:28] | Strange, yet, feasible to be able to distinguish | 虽然很奇怪 但他还是能够 |
[31:32] | a specific person’s characteristic cough, | 在其他百万人中 |
[31:35] | among millions of others. | 辨认出一个人富有特点的咳嗽声 |
[31:37] | In that moment, he was convinced Eva was still alive. | 在那一刻 他确信了伊娃还活着 |
[31:42] | Wow. | 哇 |
[31:45] | Quite impressive, I must say. | 相当不错 我得说 |
[31:50] | Spectacular twist. | 出彩的转折 |
[31:52] | What do you say… | 你说呢 |
[31:55] | we pause for a spot of lunch, David? | 我们暂停一下去吃午饭吧 大卫 |
[31:58] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[32:00] | I would like that very much. | 正合我意 |
[32:01] | Didn’t have much breakfast this morning. | 早上我没吃多少早饭 |
[32:05] | Or is it Henry? | 还是在说是亨利 |
[32:09] | David? | 是大卫 |
[32:11] | Henry? | 还是亨利 |
[32:15] | I think I’m getting a bit mixed up. | 我想我有点分不清了 |
[32:51] | You’re a sly old devil, David. | 你这个狡猾的恶魔 大卫 |
[32:53] | Disconnecting the brakes on a modern car, I’m impressed. | 切断了现代车上的刹车 很棒 |
[32:59] | Not only an accomplished author… | 不只是个有成就的作家 |
[33:02] | but a skilled mechanic. | 还是个熟练的技工 |
[33:09] | It must have haunted you. | 那一定会困扰你吧 |
[33:12] | Those… | 那些 |
[33:14] | images of Eva crashing down the precipice to her death, | 伊娃从悬崖上摔死的画面 |
[33:19] | I can only imagine… | 我也只能想象 |
[33:21] | how many nights you woke up in a cold sweat. | 你多少个晚上惊醒后身上全是冷汗 |
[33:26] | And there you are, three years later… | 而你 在三年后 |
[33:30] | hearing a cough on the radio. | 听到了广播上的一声咳嗽 |
[33:38] | It’s fucking brilliant. | 真他妈绝妙 |
[33:41] | The question is… | 问题是 |
[33:43] | did it fill you with angst or relief? | 这让你觉得愤怒还是宽慰 |
[33:54] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪也别想去 |
[33:56] | We haven’t finished yet. | 我们还没结束呢 |
[33:58] | You come here, take up my time. | 你来到这里 占用我的时间 |
[33:59] | I could have written a fucking novel of my own this morning. | 早上我本可以自己写一本小说 |
[34:03] | I intend to hear the rest of your story. | 我坚持要听完你剩下的故事 |
[34:08] | Do I make myself clear? | 我说的话你明白了吗 |
[34:21] | And you, | 还有你 |
[34:23] | drawn to Maardam, | 想去毛丹 |
[34:25] | like a moth to a flame. By what? | 像是飞蛾扑火 为了什么 |
[34:30] | A cough on the radio. | 广播上的一声咳嗽 |
[34:33] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:36] | In a manner of speaking. | 可以这么说 |
[34:39] | I tried to convince myself that it could’ve been anyone | 我试着说服自己那可能是其他人 |
[34:43] | with a coughing fit in that audience, | 在观众席里咳嗽 |
[34:44] | and I almost succeeded. | 而且我差点就成功了 |
[34:47] | Then I received a proposal, | 但是我收到了一份邀请 |
[34:49] | or should I say, an opportunity. | 或者说是机会 |
[34:52] | “I am sending you my latest manuscript | 我将寄给你一份 |
[34:54] | to be translated and published. | 我即将翻译出版的最新手稿 |
[34:57] | I forbid you to contact my publisher in Maardam | 禁止你联系我在毛丹的出版商 |
[35:00] | or anyone else for that matter.” | 以及任何其他的从业者 |
[35:02] | This is the only copy. | 这是唯一一份 |
[35:06] | Of course I had to doubt my own sanity, | 当然我会怀疑自己是否神志清醒 |
[35:09] | but I couldn’t get it out of my mind | 但是我就是忘不掉 |
[35:11] | that she had somehow managed to disappear from Graues | 她不知怎么从格劳斯消失得无影无踪 |
[35:13] | without a trace and start a new life. | 还开始了新的生活 |
[35:18] | I felt I had no choice, I had to find out. | 我觉得我别无选择 只能去查明 |
[35:35] | A translation of Germund Rein’s last book | 翻译杰蒙德·莱因的遗作 |
[35:37] | could take me to Maardam at the German publisher’s expense. | 可以让德国出版商出资送我去毛丹 |
[35:40] | It was almost like a gift from above, | 这就像是上天给的礼物 |
[35:43] | and I was convinced. | 我深信不疑 |
[35:45] | If Eva lived there, I would find her. | 如果伊娃住在那里 我要找到她 |
[36:15] | 无题 杰蒙德·莱因著 | |
[36:34] | Cheers. Cheers. | 干杯 干杯 |
[36:36] | And yes, I’m not a writer. | 是的 我不是一名作家 |
[36:38] | I’m a translator. | 我是一名翻译 |
[36:39] | I simply translate the works | 我只是把真正作家们的 |
[36:40] | of genuine writers into the German language. | 作品翻译成德语 |
[36:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:46] | And my work goes unnoticed by everyone, | 我的工作谁也不会在意 |
[36:49] | except for my publisher and possibly one or two readers. | 除了我的出版商或是一两个读者 |
[36:53] | But I know my own value, | 但我知道自己的价值 |
[36:55] | and I take pride in my skills. | 也为自己的技能感到自豪 |
[36:57] | Skills that could bring me closer to Eva, | 一项可以让我接近伊娃的技能 |
[37:00] | that is, if she still happens to be there. | 前提是她还在那 |
[37:02] | Yes, I was drawn to Maardam like a moth to a flame. | 对 我像飞蛾扑火一样去了毛丹 |
[37:10] | I had no idea how I was going to find Eva. | 我完全不知道该怎么找到伊娃 |
[37:13] | But I was determined to do whatever it took to find out. | 但是我决定不惜一切代价也要找到 |
[37:16] | I know for certain that she’d been in that concert hall | 我知道她六个月前一定去过 |
[37:19] | in Maardam six months ago. | 毛丹的音乐厅 |
[37:21] | The question was, did she live in Maardam? | 问题是 她住在毛丹吗 |
[37:25] | So, I sublet a flat from an architect | 所以 我从一位被派往国外的建筑师那里 |
[37:28] | who’d been posted abroad, | 转租了一套公寓 |
[37:29] | potted plants and cat included. | 公寓里还有他的盆栽和猫 |
[37:31] | Any allergies? | 有对什么过敏吗 |
[37:33] | No. | 没有 |
[37:35] | I’d already translated a couple of Rein’s books, | 我已经翻译了几本莱因的书 |
[37:39] | The Red Sisters and Kroull’s Total Silence. | 《红色姐妹》和《克鲁尔的沉默》 |
[37:42] | And I felt I might be able to master his style of writing. | 我觉得我可以掌握他的写作风格 |
[37:48] | Not an easy task, but not by any means beyond my capabilities. | 不是很简单 但是我能做到 |
[37:54] | After all, I knew I would have more than enough time. | 毕竟我知道我会有很充足的时间 |
[38:01] | I didn’t open the manuscript | 我舒服地坐在图书馆后 |
[38:02] | until I made myself comfortable in the library… | 才翻开他的手稿 |
[38:06] | a consequence of translating according to Darke’s model. | 这是根据达克的方式翻译的后果 |
[38:10] | – I brought you some tea. – Thank you so much. | -我给你拿了些茶 -谢谢 |
[38:14] | Darke’s method builds on the fact that you don’t know the text beforehand. | 达克翻译法的前提是你不知道文本内容 |
[38:19] | You translate sentence by sentence, | 要一句一句地翻译 |
[38:21] | paragraph by paragraph. | 一段一段地翻译 |
[38:24] | So you value the text the way it appears to you, | 这样你才能像个 |
[38:27] | like a reader who doesn’t know what’s coming. | 对剧情毫无头绪的读者一样欣赏文本 |
[38:30] | I had to conduct my search for Eva during my spare time. | 我只能在空余时间来寻找伊娃 |
[38:35] | And she was obsessed with classical music and opera, | 她对古典乐和歌剧很着迷 |
[38:38] | I started to frequent the Nieuwe Halle and the Concert Hall. | 我开始经常去新哈雷和音乐厅 |
[38:46] | I would try to buy front of stall seats, | 我试过买前排的座位 |
[38:48] | giving me a strategic vantage point | 能有个好的视野 |
[38:50] | from which to scour the audience. | 来观察观众席 |
[38:55] | I believe I managed to spot Giselle at least four times. | 我相信我至少找到了四次吉赛尔 |
[39:31] | This was to become a very costly routine. | 这是个很花钱的办法 |
[39:36] | So sometimes I would have to settle for | 所以我有时候只能 |
[39:38] | simply standing outside in the street | 站在外面的街上 |
[39:40] | watching the concertgoers on their way in or out. | 观察进进出出来看歌剧的人 |
[39:44] | It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. | 就像大海捞针一样 |
[39:48] | Of course, I also pursued every other available avenue | 当然我也尝试了其他可能的办法 |
[39:51] | in order to find out if Eva or Mauritz Winkler, for that matter, | 来看伊娃或毛里茨·温克勒 |
[39:55] | even lived in the city, but all in vain. | 到底是否住在城里 但是都落空了 |
[39:58] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:00] | When the library opened at 2:00, | 图书馆两点钟开门 |
[40:02] | I’d sit there until they closed, | 我会一直坐到关门 |
[40:03] | and then continue my fruitless search, | 然后再继续我无果的搜寻 |
[40:06] | keeping my tasks apart like oil and water. | 把我的工作分的像油和水一样分开 |
[40:08] | – I’m sorry. – Turning day into night. | -抱歉 -昼夜颠倒 |
[41:32] | What do we actually know about our next of kin | 关于我们的近亲和他们内心深处的动机 |
[41:35] | and their deepest motives? | 我们到底知道些什么 |
[42:10] | – The bill, please. – Yeah. Coming. | -结账 -好的马上来 |
[42:15] | I started to wonder about all this secrecy. | 我开始好奇为什么要保密 |
[42:20] | Why had he sent the manuscript to, | 他为什么寄给了他的德国出版商 |
[42:23] | Kerr and Amundsen his German publisher, | 克尔与阿蒙森 |
[42:24] | instead of his regular publisher | 而不是他在毛丹的出版商 |
[42:25] | Otto Gerlach in Maardam? | 奥托·盖拉赫 |
[42:27] | It certainly seemed strange. | 这很奇怪 |
[42:30] | And could it really be true, that this was the only copy? | 这真的就是唯一的手稿吗 |
[42:34] | All I knew was what Judit Kerr told me, | 我只知道朱迪思·克尔告诉我的事情 |
[42:37] | and she seemed too excited by the prospect of the actual deal | 但是她太兴奋于这次合约的前景 |
[42:40] | to question anything about the background situation. | 而没有怀疑这件事发生的背景 |
[43:14] | The woman… | 这个女人 |
[43:16] | – surveillance or missing? – Missing. | -你要监视她还是要找她 -要找她 |
[43:19] | That’s good. I prefer missing persons. | 那太好了 我更喜欢找失踪的人 |
[43:22] | And when did you see her the last time? | 你最后一次见到她是什么时候 |
[43:24] | Three years ago, or perhaps a bit more. | 三年前或者更早 |
[43:26] | – Have you googled her? – She doesn’t exist. | -你网上查过她没有 -找不到 |
[43:29] | – Her maiden name? – Leuwe. | -她原来的姓是什么 -鲁威 |
[43:30] | All the information’s written on the back of the photo. | 所有信息全写在照片后面了 |
[43:37] | Are you sure you want to find her? | 你确定你想找到她吗 |
[43:39] | You know, three years, | 你也知道 三年过去了 |
[43:41] | most people would have moved on by now. | 大多数人早就已经放下了 |
[43:44] | But not you. | 但你没有 |
[43:45] | No, not me. | 对 我没有 |
[43:49] | I thought private dicks were extinct. | 我还以为已经没有私人侦探了 |
[43:52] | Obviously not. | 显然不是 |
[43:54] | Ooh, gonna have to get some more wine… | 看来我要想继续听这个故事 |
[43:56] | if I’m gonna be able to listen to any more of this. | 得再去拿点酒了 |
[44:15] | Get to it. I’m listening. | 继续吧 我在听呢 |
[44:22] | Move on. | 继续讲 |
[44:24] | I don’t wanna spend the rest of my life listening to your screwed up story. | 我不想把余生都用来听你的故事 |
[44:28] | – Well, it’s not that easy. – Try, for Christ’s sake. | -故事没那么简单 -那你就试着讲讲吧 |
[44:40] | I had made some progress with Rein’s novel. | 在翻译莱因的小说上 我取得了一些进展 |
[44:43] | It had two sides to it. One was… | 他的作品有两种特点 一方面 |
[44:46] | dreamlike and introverted… | 朦胧又内敛 |
[44:49] | the other cynical and realistic. | 另一方面却又愤世嫉俗 批判现实 |
[44:52] | I’ve read it. | 我读过 |
[44:56] | Still I felt a great discomfort. | 我还是觉得很不舒服 |
[44:59] | Too many similarities to my own story. At the same time as– | 他的故事跟我的经历太像了 同时 |
[45:05] | I think “frustrated” is a better word. | 我觉得”沮丧”也许更贴切 |
[45:10] | But it wasn’t the novel itself | 但这不是小说本身的问题 |
[45:12] | even if it did influence me. | 就算它的确影响了我 |
[45:14] | This is getting better and better. | 这真是越来越好了 |
[45:20] | I’d started to believe that | 我开始觉得 |
[45:21] | the book was about Germund Rein himself… | 这本书写的就是杰蒙德·莱因他自己 |
[45:25] | and about Mariam, his wife. | 和他老婆玛丽亚姆的故事 |
[45:28] | And the most bizarre aspect of it all was, of course, | 当然 这其中最怪诞的地方就是 |
[45:31] | the parallel with my own life, my situation with Eva. | 他书中的故事与我和伊娃的故事极其相似 |
[45:35] | I was frustrated by the fact | 我对她的搜寻依旧徒劳无果 |
[45:37] | that my search for her remained without success | 这让我非常沮丧她 |
[45:41] | I can’t really explain why | 我也不知道为什么 |
[45:43] | I reached out to Germund Rein’s wife | 自己去拜访了杰蒙德·莱因的妻子 |
[45:45] | Mariam Kadhar. | 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 |
[45:47] | Maybe it was because I couldn’t find Eva | 可能是因为我找不到伊娃 |
[45:49] | that I decided to find Mariam instead. | 所以我想去找玛丽亚姆 |
[45:52] | There’s no logic in it, I know. | 毫无逻辑 我知道 |
[45:56] | Maybe the content of the book | 也许他书中的内容 |
[45:58] | was merging with my subconscious. | 和我的潜意识融合到了一起 |
[46:01] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[46:02] | But her husband had disappeared without a trace, | 但她丈夫消失得无影无踪 |
[46:05] | and so had Eva. | 和伊娃一样 |
[46:06] | 吉列姆的诱惑 亚历克斯·亨德森著 | |
[46:14] | Alex Henderson | 亚历克斯·亨德森 |
[46:15] | one of the few colleagues my husband really valued. | 我丈夫特别赏识的几位同事之一 |
[46:17] | Yes, he’s well worth reading. | 没错 他的书确实值得一读 |
[46:21] | – Please take a seat. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[46:27] | So you’ve translated my husband’s books? | 所以是你在翻译我丈夫的书吗 |
[46:31] | Only the two latest | 只有最新的两本 |
[46:32] | The Red Sisters and Kroull’s Total Silence. | 《红色姐妹》还有《克鲁尔的沉默》 |
[46:35] | Do you know if they sold well in your language? | 这两本书在你们国家卖得好吗 |
[46:38] | Um, not big editions. | 不算畅销 |
[46:40] | But he’s regarded by most well-informed people | 但他被大多数有识之士 |
[46:42] | as one of the great modern authors. | 认为是一位伟大的现代作家 |
[46:44] | Always up for the Nobel prize. | 一直有望获得诺贝尔奖 |
[46:50] | I was just passing by and wanted to present my condolences. | 我就是刚好路过 来表示一下我的慰唁 |
[46:59] | It must be a heavy burden. | 一个人一定不好过吧 |
[47:02] | I haven’t got used to it yet… | 我还没习惯 |
[47:05] | even though several months have passed. | 就算已经几个月过去了 |
[47:07] | But on the other hand, | 但是 |
[47:08] | I don’t know why one should get used to it. | 我不能理解为什么要习惯这样的生活 |
[47:20] | Excuse me for asking this, | 冒昧问一下 |
[47:21] | do you know if he was writing anything before he died? | 你知道他死前有在写什么东西吗 |
[47:27] | Yes, he was writing. He always did. | 当然 他的确在写 他总是在写东西 |
[47:30] | But we don’t know what became of it. | 但我不知道他写的东西怎么样了 |
[47:33] | “Became of it”? | 怎么样了 |
[47:35] | He was busy with something. | 他总是在忙着干什么 |
[47:38] | I don’t know what it was. He didn’t tell me anything. | 我不知道是什么 他也不告诉我 |
[47:42] | But that’s the way he was. | 但他就是这样的人 |
[47:45] | I think he was pleased… | 我觉得他对自己写的东西 |
[47:48] | with what he wrote. | 很满意 |
[47:51] | I could see it in him. | 我能从他眼里看出来 |
[48:01] | But there’s nothing left. | 但他什么都没留下 |
[48:03] | Like I said… | 就像我说的 |
[48:08] | perhaps he burned it, perhaps he… | 也许他把它烧了 也有可能 |
[48:13] | took it with him. | 带着他的作品一起入土了 |
[48:17] | I really don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[48:24] | Mariam Kadhar… | 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 |
[48:27] | I felt pity for her, even though I clearly understood | 我替她感到遗憾 但我也清楚 |
[48:30] | that I couldn’t do anything to help her. | 我什么都帮不了她 |
[48:33] | But, most importantly, I now understood that apart from Judit Kerr, | 但最重要的是我知道了 除了朱迪思·克尔 |
[48:37] | I was probably the only living person | 我可能是在世的人里 |
[48:39] | to have held Germund Rein’s final book in my hands. | 唯一一个有着杰蒙德·莱因遗作的人了 |
[48:42] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[48:44] | Mariam Kadhar didn’t even know | 据我所知 玛丽亚姆 卡达尔甚至都不知道 |
[48:46] | of its existence, as far as I knew. | 这部作品的存在 |
[48:50] | I became so preoccupied by my thoughts | 我当时脑海里乱成一团 |
[48:53] | that I didn’t notice that someone was following me. | 甚至没注意到有人在跟踪我 |
[48:56] | I don’t know if you’ve ever been shadowed, | 不知道你有没有被跟踪过 |
[48:57] | but somehow you can feel it in your bones. | 但你可以本能地感觉到被跟踪 |
[49:01] | It’s not a pleasant feeling. | 这感觉很糟糕 |
[49:06] | My first thought, of course, was that it had something to do | 当然 一开始我以为 |
[49:08] | with my visit to Mariam or, more specifically, | 这和我拜访玛丽亚姆有关 更具体地说 |
[49:11] | with Germund Rein’s manuscript. | 与杰蒙德·莱因遗作的手稿有关 |
[49:13] | But on second thought, that didn’t feel credible. | 但转念一想 这根本没有道理 |
[49:18] | Why would anyone go to such lengths? | 为什么要绕这么大圈子 |
[49:22] | Honestly, the whole setup was pretty amateurish. | 老实讲 这个手法实在是太业余了 |
[50:14] | For a while, I pondered giving in to Kerr’s suggestion, | 有段时间我在思考要不要接受克尔的建议 |
[50:18] | to abandon Darke’s model | 放弃达克的翻译方法 |
[50:19] | and simply read Rein’s manuscript to the end. | 把莱因的手稿从头到尾读一遍 |
[50:22] | And, of course, there were things in the manuscript which got me thinking. | 当然 他的手稿不禁让我思考 |
[50:28] | As if the book’s real story | 就像我说的 这本书的真实故事 |
[50:30] | was concealed between the lines, as I said. | 隐藏在字里行间 |
[50:35] | But Darke maintained that it was just that kind of thing, | 但达克坚持认为 |
[50:38] | the hidden meaning and deeper dimensions, | 如果过分深究书中的隐含意义和深层含义 |
[50:40] | that risked getting lost if you gave in to it. | 人就容易在翻译过程中迷失自我 |
[50:50] | I worked on the text and I became more and more fascinated. | 在读手稿的同时 我也越来越入迷 |
[50:58] | Suddenly I discovered something really odd. | 突然 我发现了非常奇怪的事 |
[51:01] | Why had he underlined these words? | 他为什么要给这些词划线 |
[51:04] | West, sea, sun, bear, dial. | 西方 海洋 太阳 熊 表盘 |
[51:10] | And why hadn’t I noticed this before? | 为什么我以前没注意到呢 |
[51:14] | Not good. Not good at all. | 不好 一点也不好 |
[51:19] | No matter how I tried | 不管我怎么尝试 |
[51:20] | I couldn’t make anything comprehensible out of them. | 我都无法理解它们的意思 |
[51:23] | Why on earth had he underlined those words in red? | 他究竟为什么用红笔给这些词划线 |
[51:32] | Excuse me? | 你在干什么 |
[51:37] | Wait. | 停下 |
[51:40] | Wait! | 停下 |
[51:45] | Mr. Schwartz. | 施瓦茨先生 |
[52:07] | I didn’t know what to think. | 不知道该想什么 |
[52:09] | It was him. The same man again. No doubt about it. | 就是他 是同一个人 毫无疑问 |
[52:13] | Who he was and why he was following me, I had no idea. | 他是谁 为什么要跟踪我 我完全没有头绪 |
[52:16] | – Please, Mr. Schwartz. – I’m so sorry. | -拜托 施瓦茨先生 -抱歉 |
[52:21] | I’m sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[52:23] | Listen. Excuse me. | 听着 不好意思 |
[52:26] | Do you know who that was, the man who just ran out? | 你知道那人是谁吗 刚跑出去的那个 |
[52:29] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[52:31] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[52:40] | And where exactly was she spotted and by whom? | 谁看到她了 具体在什么地方 |
[52:43] | One of the suburbs, Wassingen, block 184. | 一处郊区 瓦辛根 184街区 |
[52:47] | – Are you saying you’ve seen her there? – Not personally. | -你是说你在那看到她了 -不是我看到的 |
[52:50] | It was one of my collaborators. | 是我的一位搭档 |
[52:51] | – And when was that? – Yesterday. | -什么时候 -昨天 |
[52:54] | He caught sight of her in the underground, followed her. | 他在地铁上看到她了 然后跟着她 |
[52:57] | She got out at Wassingen | 她在瓦辛根下了车 |
[52:59] | and went into one of these high-rise buildings. | 然后走进了一幢高楼 |
[53:02] | He didn’t have time to see what floor she went to. | 他没来得及看她去了哪层 |
[53:04] | – Is he sure it was her? – Not at all… | -他确定那是她吗 -不太确定 |
[53:08] | but the birthmark was there, | 但是看到胎记了 |
[53:10] | along with the rest of your description, | 其他特征也符合你的描述 |
[53:11] | so it’s not completely out of the question. | 所以应该问题不大 |
[53:20] | So… | 那么 |
[53:23] | Eva was still in the land of the living, | 伊娃还在人世 |
[53:26] | risen out of the reservoir like Venus. | 如同金星一样从水库中升起并复活 |
[53:29] | Yes. | 没错 |
[53:30] | That’s what it looked like. | 看起来就是这样 |
[53:33] | Rather ambiguous feelings, to be honest. | 不过说实话 还是有点模棱两可 |
[53:36] | You may suffer ambiguity… | 你也许还觉得这局面含混不清 |
[53:40] | but the law never does. | 但法律可不是 |
[53:52] | Murder or attempted murder. | 不管是蓄意谋杀还是谋杀未遂 |
[53:56] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[53:58] | Same intent, same punishment. | 意图相同 刑罚也相同 |
[54:04] | Yeah, I don’t know. Whatever you say. | 算了 随便你吧 |
[54:16] | Wassingen. | 瓦辛根 |
[54:18] | If hell had been conceived in our times… | 就像现代地狱一样 |
[54:25] | In my obsessed mind, I had gone through this moment a thousand times, | 我已经在脑海里想象了无数次这个时刻 |
[54:29] | but what would actually happen if I saw Eva there? | 但如果我真的在这里看到伊娃会怎样 |
[54:32] | What would I do? | 我会做什么呢 |
[54:37] | Having now seen this place, I couldn’t imagine | 看见了这个地方 我无法想象 |
[54:40] | what might have possessed her to settle here | 到底是什么吸引了她 让她宁愿住在 |
[54:42] | in this concrete desert | 这样一个水泥沙漠里 |
[54:44] | rather than live a good life with me. | 而不是跟我一起过好日子 |
[54:59] | I counted 142 names, | 我看了142个名字 |
[55:01] | but no Schwartz, no Leuwe, and no Winkler. | 但是没有施瓦茨 没有鲁威 也没有温克勒 |
[55:25] | I felt a growing sense of despair. | 我感到越来越绝望 |
[55:29] | I began to imagine I saw her everywhere. | 我开始觉得到处都能看到她 |
[55:46] | Give me all of these please. | 这些 我全买了 |
[55:46] | 《启蒙》 基督教周刊 | |
[55:48] | – This? – Yeah. | -这个吗 -对 |
[55:49] | Okay. Five. | 好的 五本 |
[55:53] | One, two, three, four, five copies of the same issue? | 一二三四五 五本同一期的吗 |
[55:56] | Yeah, I want to give them to people in need. | 是 我想把它们送给有需要的人 |
[56:20] | Did you know that Jesus is coming and he would like to meet you? | 你知道基督将要降临了吗 他想见见你 |
[56:22] | Good for you, but I’m not interested. | 真好 但我不感兴趣 |
[56:32] | I’m not… Here, just… I’m not interested. Thank you. | 我不 给 我不感兴趣 谢谢 |
[56:35] | – They’re for free. – Thank you. No. | -这是免费的 -谢谢 不用了 |
[56:46] | Did you know Jesus is coming and he would like to meet you? | 你知道基督将要降临了吗 他想见见你 |
[56:49] | Cool. | 酷啊 |
[56:50] | By the end of the day, | 到这天结束 |
[56:50] | I had managed to sell two copies | 我卖出去了两本 |
[56:52] | of the magazine Enlightenment. | 启蒙杂志 |
[56:55] | I had rung all 142 doorbells, | 我按了全部142个门铃 |
[56:57] | but not even a glimpse of Eva | 但是连伊娃的影子都没看到 |
[57:00] | or Mauritz Winkler for that matter. | 或者是毛里茨·温克勒 |
[57:03] | Someone had opened the door to 93 of the flats, that left 49. | 公寓里有93户人家给我开了门 还剩49户 |
[57:12] | I spent the rest of the next week phoning around | 接下来的一周我都在打电话 |
[57:16] | and asking for Eva. | 询问伊娃的踪迹 |
[57:18] | – Not even a cough, I presume? – Not a trace. | -我猜一声咳嗽也没有 -杳无音讯 |
[57:22] | Not a single sign that she was living | 一点她住在瓦辛根 |
[57:24] | in that depressing building in Wassingen… | 那个破楼里的迹象都没有 |
[57:28] | or that she had any connection to it whatsoever. | 也没发现她与那幢楼有任何关系 |
[57:36] | Of course, I understood there was a gigantic margin of error here. | 当然我知道这种方法误差很大 |
[57:40] | So you simply gave up? | 所以你就放弃了 |
[57:43] | Almost. | 几乎快放弃了 |
[57:48] | I have to also admit I was lonely, | 我也得承认我一个人很孤独 |
[57:52] | and the architect’s flat reminded me of my loneliness. | 我租的公寓也在时刻提醒着我这一点 |
[57:55] | I spent as little time as I could in my so-called home. | 我几乎不在所谓的家里待着 |
[57:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[58:00] | I had, as I said… | 我已经 就像我说的 |
[58:01] | …turned day into night. | 习惯了早出晚归的生活 |
[58:03] | And clearly drunk too much. | 而且明显喝得太多了 |
[58:05] | I couldn’t sleep without my pills. | 没有药我就无法入睡 |
[58:07] | It had become a vicious circle, pills and liquor. | 这成了一种恶性循环 喝酒 吃药 |
[58:13] | And my search for Eva had become an obsessive routine, | 寻找伊娃也成了一种强迫性的例行公事 |
[58:18] | constantly compelled to return to the same places | 不停地让我回到相同的地方 |
[58:20] | over and over again, waiting outside. | 一遍又一遍 等在剧院外面 |
[58:24] | For what? | 为了什么呢 |
[58:39] | When I saw Germund Rein’s widow | 当我看到杰蒙德·莱因的遗孀一个人 |
[58:41] | at the Nieuwe Halle all alone, | 出现在新哈雷的门口 |
[58:43] | I suddenly felt the urge to rescue her. | 我突然觉得自己要去解救她 |
[58:48] | Was she as lonely as I was… | 她跟我一样孤独吗 |
[58:53] | or maybe she was the one who would rescue me? | 还是说她是那个能救我的人 |
[59:38] | I came to Maardam because of my stupidity. | 我因为自己的愚蠢而来到毛丹 |
[59:41] | I thought that… | 我觉得 |
[59:43] | I was going to find Eva. | 我要找到伊娃 |
[59:46] | – Eva? – I’m sorry. My wife. | -伊娃是谁 -抱歉 是我妻子 |
[59:50] | It’s like finding a needle in a haystack. | 就像大海捞针 |
[59:58] | – Has she disappeared? – Disappeared. Perhaps dead. | -她失踪了吗 -没错 也有可能死了 |
[1:00:08] | I really don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:00:12] | So how long has she been missing? | 她失踪多久了 |
[1:00:14] | It’s been more than three years. | 三年多了 |
[1:00:26] | I was on my way home, | 我本来要回家 |
[1:00:28] | but then I caught sight of you outside the concert hall | 但我看见你在剧院门口 |
[1:00:34] | Perhaps it was a sign. | 也许是个征兆 |
[1:00:43] | You’re so beautiful. | 你真美 |
[1:00:57] | – Sorry. I’m late. – No. That’s okay. | -抱歉 我来迟了 -没事的 |
[1:00:59] | This is David Schwartz. | 这位是大卫·施瓦茨 |
[1:01:02] | Otto Gerlach. | 我是奥托·盖拉赫 |
[1:01:05] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:01:09] | I’ll, fetch your coat. | 我去帮你拿大衣 |
[1:01:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:18] | I want to see you again. | 希望还能约你出来 |
[1:01:21] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:01:24] | I am not interested. | 我对你不感兴趣 |
[1:01:29] | I don’t know what I was expecting. | 我也不知道我到底想要什么 |
[1:01:32] | As I said, I’d been drinking way too much the last few weeks. | 正如之前所说 过去几周我喝得太多了 |
[1:01:36] | That had to change now. | 是时候改变一下了 |
[1:01:40] | I also needed to concentrate on Rein’s manuscript. | 况且我还得专心忙莱因的手稿 |
[1:01:48] | It was necessary. | 这很有必要 |
[1:01:50] | I was behind with my work. | 我工作进度落后了 |
[1:01:52] | I’d been neglecting it lately. | 我最近一直没太上心 |
[1:01:55] | In spite of the circumstances, | 尽管事态复杂 |
[1:01:56] | I became more and more caught up in my work. | 我愈加专注于我的工作 |
[1:01:59] | In less than three days, | 终于 不到三天 |
[1:02:00] | I had finalized the translation of Rein’s book. | 我完成了莱因书稿的翻译工作 |
[1:02:00] | 无题 杰蒙德·莱因著 | |
[1:02:06] | But I just couldn’t let go of those underlined words. | 但我仍旧放不下那些下划线标记的词语 |
[1:02:12] | The words appeared one after the other | 这些词语一个接一个地出现 |
[1:02:14] | at first sight in no particular order. | 初看之下 似乎并无特定规律 |
[1:02:19] | Maybe there was a hidden message after all. | 也许在它们背后的确隐藏着一个信息 |
[1:02:41] | “Thirty centimeters west of… | 向西 30厘米 |
[1:02:44] | the sundial in… bear… sea… | 自”贝尔西”的日晷起 |
[1:02:51] | Behrensee.” | 在贝伦西的日晷以西30厘米处 |
[1:02:57] | The sudden realization terrified me. | 这个恍然大悟震惊了我 |
[1:03:01] | At that point, I could easily | 那时候 我本可以 |
[1:03:03] | have taken the first flight home, | 搭乘最近一班航班尽快回家 |
[1:03:05] | but my search for Eva had now turned into | 而我对伊娃的搜寻却在彼时 |
[1:03:07] | something new and very different. | 变得不大一样了 |
[1:03:11] | I didn’t dare e-mail the translated script, | 我不敢用电邮发送译稿 |
[1:03:13] | instead I found a printer in the architect’s flat, | 相反 我在公寓里翻出一台打印机 |
[1:03:15] | made a hard copy, | 把译稿制成了纸版 |
[1:03:17] | and sent it by courier to Judit Kerr, the publisher. | 并邮寄给了出版商朱迪思·克尔 |
[1:03:19] | You take that road there, and then you turn to the right. | 你沿着那条路走 然后右转 |
[1:03:25] | I knew that Rein and Mariam | 我知道莱因和玛丽亚姆 |
[1:03:27] | had a summer house by the sea | 在海边有一所避暑别墅 |
[1:03:28] | just outside a small village called Behrensee. | 就位于一个名为贝伦西的小村庄外面 |
[1:03:36] | The name of the house was Cherry Garden, | 别墅名为樱桃园 |
[1:03:38] | and was reputed to be something quite outstanding. | 且以其华丽宏伟而闻名当地 |
[1:03:43] | A secluded haven where Germund Rein produced | 传言称 那是一个避世的天堂 |
[1:03:46] | most of his works, according to rumors. | 莱因的大部分作品均创作于此 |
[1:03:51] | A remote location which, exactly as I had been | 不出所料 找到这个偏僻遥远的地方 |
[1:03:54] | led to understand, would take some finding. | 的确要费上一番工夫 |
[1:03:58] | But I found it. | 但功夫不负有心人 |
[1:04:03] | And I also found the sundial. | 并且 我也看到了日晷 |
[1:04:22] | My inner voice urged me to forget about the whole thing | 我的内心反复敦促我 忘了这一切吧 |
[1:04:26] | and return to the city. | 快回柏林去吧 |
[1:04:29] | But for some reason, I couldn’t let it go. | 但不知怎么 我就是放不下 |
[1:04:31] | I had to find out. | 我必须要搞清真相 |
[1:04:35] | So I waited for nightfall. | 所以我一直等到夜幕降临 |
[1:04:39] | And once again sneaked into the garden. | 趁着夜色再一次潜进了花园 |
[1:04:43] | “Thirty centimeters west of the sundial in Behrensee.” | “贝伦西日晷以西30厘米处” |
[1:04:50] | I found what Germund Rein had buried. | 我找到了杰蒙德·莱因埋藏的东西 |
[1:05:11] | The next day I went to the police. | 第二天我就报了警 |
[1:05:13] | I no longer had any choice. | 我不再有选择的余地 |
[1:05:16] | 必须尽快打破 我最亲爱的奥托 我们务必要小心应对 三天后老地方见 | |
[1:05:16] | 爱你的 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 | |
[1:05:35] | 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔因涉嫌谋杀其丈夫 杰蒙德·莱因而被逮捕 | |
[1:06:46] | So, Mr. Schwartz, | 那么 施瓦茨先生 |
[1:06:47] | you translated Germund Rein’s last book? | 你翻译了杰蒙德·莱因的遗作 |
[1:06:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:06:53] | The book that is the reason | 也就是那部让我们今天 |
[1:06:55] | we are all gathered in this courtroom today? | 共聚法庭的著作 对吗 |
[1:06:58] | I guess so, yeah. | 大概吧 是的 |
[1:07:01] | Why do you suppose Germund Rein only wanted | 你认为杰蒙德·莱因为何只希望 |
[1:07:04] | the book to be published as a translation? | 此书以译本形式出版呢 |
[1:07:08] | I thought that was clear. | 我认为原因显而易见 |
[1:07:11] | Otto Gerlach was his publisher. | 奥托·盖拉赫是他的出版商 |
[1:07:13] | Can you clarify what you mean? | 你能再解释清楚些吗 |
[1:07:17] | I assume Rein was afraid the book, | 我推测 莱因是担心他的著作 |
[1:07:20] | the manuscript would disappear, never be published. | 他的书稿会消失 永无问世之可能 |
[1:07:23] | And why would it disappear? | 为何无法问世 |
[1:07:26] | Because of its content… | 因为书稿的内容 |
[1:07:29] | – compromising information. – Compromising for whom? | -包含一些不利信息 -于何人不利 |
[1:07:32] | I really don’t have anything to do with this. | 我与此事确实毫无瓜葛 |
[1:07:34] | I put it to you that this was compromising information | 我可以理解为 书稿中包含对于 |
[1:07:36] | for the accused… | 被告玛丽亚姆·卡达尔和奥托·盖拉赫 |
[1:07:39] | Mariam Kadhar and Otto Gerlach. | 不利的信息吗 |
[1:07:42] | – I assume. – Your Honor, | -据我推测 -法官大人 |
[1:07:44] | my client’s name isn’t even | 我的当事人的姓名 |
[1:07:46] | mentioned in the book in question. | 甚至未于所述书稿中提及 |
[1:07:47] | It’s… | 那只是 |
[1:07:49] | Let the witness elaborate his assertion. | 先请证人详述论断 |
[1:07:57] | In the beginning, it was just subtle hints. But | 开始时 只有一些微妙的暗示 但 |
[1:08:01] | the more I read, the more obvious it became. | 我读得越多 问题就越明显 |
[1:08:03] | You mean there are passages in the book that underline | 你是说 书稿中存在可以验证 |
[1:08:06] | the theory of the accusation? | 你的指控的内容吗 |
[1:08:08] | I guess you could say so. | 我想你可以这么说 |
[1:08:13] | Can you give the court an example of this? | 可否举例说明 |
[1:08:17] | If I may borrow the book. | 能否将书稿借用一下 |
[1:08:35] | I’m quoting from page 37. | 我援引的是书稿第37页 |
[1:08:42] | “One morning she goes to the square to buy vegetables. | 一天早上 她去广场买菜 |
[1:08:45] | Always these vegetables that must never be less than a day old, | 她买的菜总是放过一天以上的 |
[1:08:49] | her memento mori. | 这是她的死亡预警 |
[1:08:55] | He goes through her belongings. | 他仔细检查了她的物品 |
[1:08:57] | She knows he would never do this, | 她知道他不会这么做 |
[1:08:58] | so she has never bothered to hide anything. | 所以她从不费心去藏任何东西 |
[1:09:02] | He finds letters, four letters, | 他找到些信件 总共四封 |
[1:09:05] | three are clear enough, | 其中三封没什么问题 |
[1:09:07] | the fourth is about a conspiracy. | 而第四封却写下了一个阴谋 |
[1:09:10] | They obviously want to see him dead. | 很显然 他们想弄死他 |
[1:09:14] | He puts the letters in a folder, | 他把信放在文件夹里 |
[1:09:15] | drives into town to copy them. | 开车进城去复印 |
[1:09:17] | He thinks he’s got plenty of time. | 他认为他的时间很充裕 |
[1:09:19] | She’s probably fucking G, | 彼时她大概正和G厮混 |
[1:09:20] | reaping his vicious semen between her wide open legs. | 大张双腿贪婪地掠夺着他罪恶的精液 |
[1:09:25] | Puts the originals back among her knickers in the chest of drawers | 他将信的原件放回她五斗橱的内裤中 |
[1:09:28] | and puts the copies in a plastic bag. | 而把复印件装进一个塑料袋 |
[1:09:33] | Goes to the shed, fetches a spade, | 他去小屋拿了把铲子 |
[1:09:36] | finds a place with soft soil, | 在一处土质松软的地方 |
[1:09:39] | and buries his treasure.” | 埋下了他的宝藏 |
[1:09:43] | Can you tell me what you did after you read this? | 能说说你读过此段后做了什么吗 |
[1:09:45] | I went to check it out. | 我特地跑去验看了下 |
[1:09:48] | According to the hidden code I told you about. | 就按照我刚才所说的暗语中的提示 |
[1:09:53] | So you found the letters where the hidden code | 于是你就在书稿中暗语提示的地方 |
[1:09:56] | in the manuscript said it would be? | 找到了那些信件 |
[1:10:01] | The letters Mariam Kadhar and Otto Gerlach | 也就是玛丽亚姆·卡达尔和奥托·盖拉赫 |
[1:10:04] | had exchanged? | 暗通款曲的信件 |
[1:10:05] | – Yes. – Did you study the content? | -是的 -信件的内容你看了吗 |
[1:10:09] | Eventually. | 最终是看了 |
[1:10:15] | And I came to the conclusion | 看过后我明白了 |
[1:10:17] | that the information in the book was true. | 书中所述皆是事实 |
[1:10:20] | And what exactly, Mr. Schwartz, | 施瓦茨先生 杰蒙德·莱因的书中 |
[1:10:23] | does it say in Germund Rein’s book? | 究竟是怎么说的 |
[1:10:29] | It says that M and O planned to kill Germund Rein. | 书上说 M和O打算谋杀杰蒙德·莱因 |
[1:10:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:10:39] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[1:10:44] | Mr. Neumann-Hansen. | 纽曼汉森先生 |
[1:10:49] | You found these…handwritten notes and letters | 你在贝伦西日晷的西边发现了 |
[1:10:56] | buried just west of the sundial at Behrensee? | 这些埋藏的手写笔记和信件 是吗 |
[1:10:59] | – Yeah. – Didn’t that seem strange to you? | -是的 -你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[1:11:02] | In what sense? | 此话怎讲 |
[1:11:03] | Well, during the inquiry, | 调查期间 |
[1:11:05] | the police went through all e-mails | 警方检查了奥托·盖拉赫和我的当事人 |
[1:11:07] | between Otto Gerlach and my client. | 之间的所有往来电邮 |
[1:11:09] | And, yes, there’s correspondence. Plenty of it. | 的确 他们之间有通信往来 且数量不少 |
[1:11:11] | But it’s all professional. | 但内容均为公事 |
[1:11:13] | Nothing like what you found in your letters. | 没有类似你在那些信件中发现的东西 |
[1:11:19] | Strange, wouldn’t you say? I mean, | 这难道不奇怪吗 |
[1:11:21] | it’s so much easier to send an e-mail these days. | 现在通过电邮往来要容易得多 |
[1:11:24] | Excuse me. But I would like to remind you all | 抱歉打断一下 我想提醒大家 |
[1:11:26] | that I’ve only done my civic duty. | 我只是尽一个公民应尽的义务而已 |
[1:11:28] | I went to the police with the material I happened to have. | 我将我无意中发现的东西送至警方 |
[1:11:31] | The same thing any of you would have done. | 换了谁都会这样做 |
[1:11:38] | No more questions. | 我没有其他问题了 |
[1:11:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:14] | There is still time, David. | 大卫 我们还有时间 |
[1:12:17] | It’s not too late. | 现在还不晚 |
[1:12:21] | You know it’s not too late. | 你知道的 现在还不晚 |
[1:12:46] | Rein… | 莱因 |
[1:12:48] | – You’re Rein, aren’t you? – No, no! | -你是莱因 是不是 -不 不 |
[1:13:00] | We’ve got time. | 我们还有时间 |
[1:13:03] | Now it’s my turn… | 现在该轮到我 |
[1:13:06] | to kill you. | 来杀你了 |
[1:13:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:13:21] | Judit Kerr. | 我是朱迪思·克尔 |
[1:13:46] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:13:49] | Sorry, but you have to leave now. | 抱歉 但你该离开了 |
[1:13:54] | Please leave. | 请离开吧 |
[1:14:03] | Is it correct that you are the sole inheritor | 你是你丈夫的财产 |
[1:14:07] | of your husband’s property and literary estate? | 和文学遗产的唯一继承人 对吗 |
[1:14:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:14:13] | Did you love your husband, Mrs. Kadhar? | 卡达尔夫人 你爱你的丈夫吗 |
[1:14:20] | – Yes. – Do you… | -是的 -那么你 |
[1:14:23] | have intimate relationships with other men? | 是否与其他男人有亲密关系呢 |
[1:14:27] | – I object. – Do rephrase the question, please. | -我反对 -请换一种说法提问 |
[1:14:30] | Did you have a sexual relationship | 你是否与奥托·盖拉赫 也就是 |
[1:14:32] | with your husband’s publisher, Otto Gerlach? | 你丈夫的出版商 有过性关系 |
[1:14:36] | – Yes. – How long did that go on for? | -有过 -这种关系持续了多久 |
[1:14:42] | Five years. | 五年 |
[1:14:48] | Why were you unfaithful to your husband if you loved him? | 如果你爱你的丈夫 为什么要对他不忠 |
[1:14:55] | I don’t want to answer that question. | 我不想回答这个问题 |
[1:14:56] | You’re accused of murder, Mrs. Kadhar. | 卡达尔夫人 你现在被指控谋杀 |
[1:15:02] | Did you kill your husband? | 你是否杀害了你的丈夫 |
[1:15:06] | I did not kill my husband. | 我没有杀我丈夫 |
[1:15:12] | Although she terrified me, I found myself increasingly | 尽管她吓到了我 但我却难以抗拒地 |
[1:15:15] | and irresistibly fascinated. | 愈发被她迷住了 |
[1:15:19] | I couldn’t fight it. | 我无法挣脱 |
[1:15:21] | I couldn’t come to terms with the thought | 我无法接受这种想法 |
[1:15:24] | that she could have done something so– | 她竟然做了如此 |
[1:15:29] | I don’t know. I just wanted to take her in my arms… | 我说不好 我只想把她拥入怀中 |
[1:15:33] | even though she rejected me so very clearly. | 尽管她已经明确地拒绝了我 |
[1:15:37] | So, what makes you believe | 那么 是什么让你相信 |
[1:15:40] | a woman like Mariam Kadhar | 一个如玛丽亚姆·卡达尔般的女人 |
[1:15:43] | could be interested in a man like you? | 会对你这样的男人感兴趣呢 |
[1:15:48] | Interesting parallel with the wife, by the way. | 顺便说一下 这和你妻子的情况很相似 |
[1:15:54] | You keep yourself quite occupied, | 你一直让你自己忙于 |
[1:15:57] | avenging yourself on women who dump you. | 报复那些曾经抛弃过你的女人 |
[1:16:01] | First Eva, then Mariam. | 先是伊娃 而后又是玛丽亚姆 |
[1:16:05] | Well, I see a pattern emerging. | 我渐渐发现规律了 |
[1:16:08] | Don’t you? | 是不是 |
[1:16:11] | Anyway, in view of all the media attention you were getting, | 不管怎样 鉴于你引起了媒体的高度关注 |
[1:16:15] | if the wife, Eva, | 如果你的妻子伊娃 |
[1:16:18] | if she were alive and kicking and living in Maardam, | 如果她还活着 就住在毛丹 |
[1:16:21] | surely she would’ve become aware | 那她现在肯定已经知道 |
[1:16:23] | of your poster boy status by now? | 你的光辉事迹了 对吗 |
[1:16:26] | Possibly. | 很有可能 |
[1:16:29] | But by that point, I’d given up all thought of her. | 但那时 我已完全放下了对她的念头 |
[1:16:34] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:16:38] | My thoughts were somewhere completely different. | 我的心思完全转移到了别的地方 |
[1:17:03] | David Schwartz, what do you think about the possible sentence? | 大卫 施瓦茨 你觉得判决结果会如何 |
[1:17:05] | Mariam Kadhar and Otto Gerlach. | 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔和奥托·盖拉赫的案子 |
[1:17:07] | – I’ve got nothing to– – After all, it’s because of you | -我无可 -毕竟 事情皆因你而起 |
[1:17:08] | they might end up behind bars. | 他们或将锒铛入狱 |
[1:17:10] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此有何感受 |
[1:17:15] | The court finds the accused guilty of first degree murder. | 法庭判定被告犯有一级谋杀罪 |
[1:17:20] | The defendants Otto Gerlach and Mariam Kadhar | 被告奥托·盖拉赫和玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 |
[1:17:24] | are each sentenced to 12 years. | 分别被判处12年有期徒刑 |
[1:17:31] | David. | 大卫 |
[1:17:33] | – David Schwartz? – Twelve years behind bars. | -大卫·施瓦茨 -12年的铁窗生涯 |
[1:17:36] | How does it feel to be the hero of the day, David? | 大卫 作为今日的主角你有何感受 |
[1:17:38] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[1:17:39] | Both defense lawyers have already lodged appeals. | 两名辩护律师均已经提出上诉 |
[1:17:41] | Any comments? | 对此你有何看法 |
[1:17:44] | There you have it. | 情况就是这样 |
[1:17:45] | I just wanted to get away from the place | 我只想逃离这个地方 |
[1:17:47] | and Mariam’s accusing eyes burned into my very core. | 玛丽亚姆责备的目光深深灼烧着我 |
[1:17:51] | It felt like I was going to pieces. | 我感觉我就要崩溃了 |
[1:17:54] | So, you really believe you were the chosen one? | 所以 你真的认为你是被选中的人 |
[1:17:58] | You don’t realize that… | 难道你不觉得 |
[1:18:00] | anybody could’ve dug up those letters sooner or later? | 任何人迟早都有可能把那些信挖出来 |
[1:18:04] | – What? – Well, you’re a nobody, David. | -你说什么 -大卫 你只是个无名小卒 |
[1:18:10] | I understand that this isn’t about me. | 我知道这与我无关 |
[1:18:13] | I’m completely aware of that. | 我完全明白 |
[1:18:15] | I mean, the fact that you fell for Mariam Kadhar, | 你轻而易举地爱上了玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 |
[1:18:19] | it just shows what a pushover you really are. | 说明你很容易被征服 |
[1:18:22] | I mean, you held all the cards. | 主动权在你手中 |
[1:18:25] | Why didn’t you just torch the letters? | 你为什么不干脆把信烧掉 |
[1:18:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:18:31] | Maybe I should have. | 或许我该那样做 |
[1:18:33] | Or maybe you’re just not that bright. | 或许你只是没那么聪明 |
[1:18:38] | I mean, one moment you’re a shrewd calculator, | 此一时你计算精明工于心计 |
[1:18:41] | the next you’re a fucking wimp. | 彼一时你就变得懦弱无能 |
[1:18:47] | I’m too old for this kind of crap. | 我年纪太大已经不适合去掺和这烂摊子 |
[1:19:00] | So, uh, you’re hot stuff right now. | 所以 你现在是个大人物了 |
[1:19:03] | Thank you. Thank you, Doris. | 谢谢 谢谢你 桃瑞丝 |
[1:19:27] | That man. He’s following me, on several occasions. | 那个男人 他好几次都在跟踪我 |
[1:19:31] | I’m certain of it. He walks with a limp. | 我非常确定 他走路一瘸一拐 |
[1:19:33] | You can’t mistake that. | 不会弄错的 |
[1:19:34] | Have you any idea why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[1:19:36] | I wouldn’t come to you if I had. | 如果我知道也不会来找你了 |
[1:19:40] | Can you help me with this? | 你能帮我调查这件事吗 |
[1:19:44] | Do you know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[1:19:47] | You’re a public figure now. | 你现在是个公众人物了 |
[1:19:49] | You never told me what profession you were in. | 你以前从未告诉过我你从事什么职业 |
[1:19:51] | ‘Cause it’s got nothing to do with Eva. | 因为这与伊娃无关 |
[1:19:55] | Do you know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[1:19:58] | Let’s do it this way. | 这样吧 |
[1:20:01] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会想想办法 |
[1:20:03] | But it will cost you. | 但是你会花很多钱 |
[1:20:05] | And I can’t promise any results. | 而且我不能保证有什么结果 |
[1:20:09] | I’ll call you? | 我之后再打电话给你 |
[1:20:19] | One lasagna to go, please. | 打包一份意式千层面 谢谢 |
[1:20:21] | The limping man. | 瘸子 |
[1:20:24] | Interesting title for your little novel. | 你的小说起这名字倒挺有趣 |
[1:20:27] | -No, seriously, who was he? -We’ll come to that. | -不 认真讲 他到底是谁 -我会再讲到 |
[1:20:32] | Something else came in between. | 一些别的事情发生了 |
[1:20:33] | So, she was given a pen and paper? | 所以 她拿到了纸和笔 |
[1:20:35] | – Just a small pencil. – And then what happened? | -只是一支小铅笔 -然后发生了什么 |
[1:20:38] | When the door was unlocked, she was found lying facedown on the floor. | 打开门后 发现她脸朝下躺在地板上 |
[1:20:42] | When she was turned over, | 把她翻过来后 |
[1:20:44] | there were small spots of blood on the floor, | 地板上有小滴血迹 |
[1:20:47] | coming from her eye. | 是从她眼里流出来的 |
[1:20:49] | She had stuck the pencil into her eye. | 她把铅笔插进了眼睛里 |
[1:20:52] | – The whole pencil? – Yes. | -整支铅笔吗 -对 |
[1:20:56] | Should be quite impossible, but in this case… | 这本该是不太可能的 但这一次 |
[1:20:59] | Thank you. We repeat that Mariam Kadhar, | 谢谢 重复一遍 已故作家 |
[1:21:04] | the wife of the late author, Germund Rein, | 杰蒙德·莱因的妻子玛丽亚姆·卡达尔 |
[1:21:06] | recently sentenced to 12 years, | 近期被判12年有期徒刑 |
[1:21:08] | took her own life in the Burgislaan remand prison. | 她在伯金兰看守所自尽 |
[1:21:12] | Mariam Kadhar was 39 years old. | 玛丽亚姆·卡达尔死亡时39岁 |
[1:21:17] | Three years earlier, I had fallen… | 三年前 我堕落了 |
[1:21:22] | and it was a hard fall. | 而且那段时间非常艰难 |
[1:21:27] | Days and nights at the hospital | 我白天晚上都在医院 |
[1:21:29] | and my self-disgust tore me to shreds. | 自我厌恶的情绪把我撕成碎片 |
[1:21:37] | A secret that I had to keep hidden deep inside. | 一个我必须藏内心深处的秘密 |
[1:21:47] | Never able to confess the truth of what I had done to Eva. | 永远无法坦白我对伊娃所作所为 |
[1:21:50] | Never able to tell a soul. | 永远无法与任何一个灵魂诉说 |
[1:21:57] | You’re actually the first one to hear my story. | 你其实是第一个听我故事的人 |
[1:22:07] | Never-ending nightmares. Managing the medication. | 无尽的噩梦 靠着药物生活 |
[1:22:10] | Downers to send me to sleep, uppers to wake me up. | 靠镇定剂睡觉 靠兴奋剂醒来 |
[1:22:21] | The slow recovery. | 缓慢地恢复 |
[1:22:24] | Now, I was edging closer to the precipice again. | 现在 我又一次靠近悬崖边缘 |
[1:22:33] | In my defense, I would like to say | 我得辩解说 |
[1:22:35] | I was rational during the time that followed. | 我在接下来的时间里还是比较理性的 |
[1:22:40] | Methodical, unhurried. | 有条不紊 不紧不慢 |
[1:22:43] | I allowed alcohol to rule my existence without any other purpose | 我让酒精控制我的生活 并没有其他目的 |
[1:22:48] | than to achieve a sustainable level of unconsciousness… | 只为了达到持续的无意识状态 |
[1:22:54] | without ever going over the top. | 但从不会酗酒 |
[1:22:57] | I’ve been there before and I know what it’s all about. | 我也曾酗过酒 我知道那是什么感受 |
[1:23:01] | A strictly clinical drinking bout | 严格而冷静地纵饮 |
[1:23:03] | where I kept the process under control at all times. | 全程都在我的控制之下 |
[1:24:44] | -Hello? -Well, well, David Schwartz. | -你好 -好啊 大卫·施瓦茨 |
[1:24:48] | I first thought, of course, that it had something to do with your job. | 我当初理所当然认为那和你的工作有关系 |
[1:24:51] | That publisher doesn’t seem to look upon you very kindly. | 那个出版商似乎对你不太友好 |
[1:24:53] | But it wasn’t? So who was he then? | 但并不是这样 所以他到底是谁 |
[1:24:55] | – Why is he following me? – One thing at a time. | -为什么他要跟踪我 -一件一件来 |
[1:24:58] | I recognized the man in the photo. | 我认出了照片里的人 |
[1:24:59] | He’s a former police commissioner. Now retired. | 他是前公安局局长 现在退休了 |
[1:25:02] | and actually freelancing in my line of business, | 他其实也在我们这行做自由职业者 |
[1:25:04] | so I contacted him. | 所以我联系他了 |
[1:25:06] | And he was in fact hired to follow you. | 其实是有人雇他来跟踪你 |
[1:25:09] | And naturally, he didn’t want to reveal the identity of his client. | 他自然不想透露客户身份 |
[1:25:13] | But? | 但是 |
[1:25:15] | Everything has a price. | 没有钱买不到的东西 |
[1:25:16] | And I’d suppose that money wasn’t an issue in this– | 我觉得钱对你来说并不是问题 |
[1:25:19] | I already told you that. | 我已经告诉过你了 |
[1:25:24] | But it seems as if both of you wanted to find each other. | 但看起来你们俩都想找到对方 |
[1:25:29] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:25:31] | Oh, you and Eva. | 你和伊娃 |
[1:25:34] | Eva hired him? | 伊娃雇了他吗 |
[1:25:36] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:25:37] | When my collaborator saw her in Wassingen, | 我的搭档在瓦辛根看见她时 |
[1:25:40] | she wasn’t on her way home. She has an apartment, | 她并不是要回家 她的确有一间公寓 |
[1:25:43] | but on the other side of town. | 但是是在小镇的另一头 |
[1:25:43] | She was simply on her way to see my colleague. | 她只是在去见我那位同事的路上 |
[1:25:46] | He had an office there at the time. | 他之前在那里有个办公室 |
[1:25:51] | She spotted you here in Maardam, | 她在毛丹看到了你 |
[1:25:54] | hired him to keep track of your whereabouts. | 雇了他来记录你的行踪 |
[1:25:57] | Edita Sobranska? | 埃迪塔·赛博瑞斯卡 |
[1:25:59] | I guess she changed her name. | 我猜她改了名 |
[1:27:04] | Stay there. | 待在那 |
[1:27:22] | So, you decided to come now? | 所以 你现在又决定来了 |
[1:27:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:27:27] | Here I am. | 我来了 |
[1:27:51] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:28:00] | You’ve been living here a long time? | 你住在这很久了吗 |
[1:28:03] | Three years. | 三年了 |
[1:28:07] | – Ever since… – Ever since then. Yes. | -自从 -自从那时起 对 |
[1:28:11] | Come on. | 来 |
[1:28:16] | We’re going for a nap now. | 我们现在去打个盹 |
[1:28:18] | Sleep tight, sweetheart. | 睡个好觉 亲爱的 |
[1:28:20] | And I’ll leave the door open. | 我把门开着 |
[1:28:33] | I just made some teas. | 我刚泡了点茶 |
[1:29:05] | – So, how long are you staying? – Sorry? | -所以你打算在这住多久 -什么 |
[1:29:07] | In Maardam. | 在毛丹 |
[1:29:09] | How long are you gonna be staying? | 你打算在这待多久 |
[1:29:11] | Not much longer. | 很快就走了 |
[1:29:13] | – My job is finished. – So I’ve heard. | -我的工作结束了 -我听说了 |
[1:29:17] | Do you really believe they killed him? Rein? | 你真的相信他们杀了他吗 杀了莱因 |
[1:29:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:29:22] | And then she commits suicide. | 然后她就自杀了 |
[1:29:24] | I’ve left all that behind me now. | 我现在已经把这些都抛之脑后了 |
[1:29:35] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[1:29:38] | Paula. | 保拉 |
[1:29:40] | She’s almost three now. | 她现在快三岁了 |
[1:29:42] | I thought so. | 我也是这么想的 |
[1:29:45] | Is everything all right? | 最近还好吗 |
[1:29:49] | She’s the best thing that ever happened to me. | 她是我一生中最好的事 |
[1:29:54] | What happened, Eva? | 伊娃 到底发生了什么 |
[1:30:02] | What happened in Graues? | 在格劳斯发生了什么 |
[1:30:05] | – I think you should leave now. – I need to know what happened. | -我觉得你应该走了 -我要知道真相 |
[1:30:08] | You ask me what happened? | 你问我发生了什么 |
[1:30:11] | You have no right whatsoever. | 你没资格问我 |
[1:30:13] | No right? | 没资格吗 |
[1:30:21] | Maybe that’s the worst part of it all | 也许最糟糕的就是 |
[1:30:22] | that you don’t even understand that. | 你根本就不明白 |
[1:30:25] | Do you know how many times I’ve thought about this, David? | 你知道我思考这件事多少次了吗 大卫 |
[1:30:33] | What if we’d bump into each other one day, you and I? | 如果我和你 我们有一天偶遇了 |
[1:30:36] | Even if it’s the last thing I ever wanted. | 就算这是我最不希望发生的事 |
[1:30:43] | But if… | 但如果 |
[1:30:46] | only a chance in a million that it would happen, | 仅仅百万分之一的概率 |
[1:30:48] | but still a possibility. | 也是有可能的 |
[1:30:50] | In a tram, or an airport somewhere in the world. | 在电车上 机场里 或是世界上任何地方 |
[1:30:53] | Suddenly you’d stand in front of me and ask… | 突然你就站到我面前问我 |
[1:30:57] | “What happened?” | 发生了什么 |
[1:30:59] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[1:31:02] | What should I say? | 我该说什么 |
[1:31:05] | What should I do? | 我该做什么 |
[1:31:11] | After a hundred sleepless nights, David… | 大卫 在一百个无眠的夜晚后 |
[1:31:17] | I’ve decided that I’m not gonna tell you. | 我决定还是不要告诉你了 |
[1:31:26] | You’re gonna have to live with that uncertainty | 你的余生都要忍受 |
[1:31:28] | for the rest of your life. | 这种不确定性 |
[1:31:34] | You can see that as some sort of punishment if you want. | 你也可以把它当作是一种惩罚 |
[1:31:38] | – Eva. – And I want you to leave now. | -伊娃 -你现在给我离开 |
[1:31:43] | I’m not gonna tell you, David. | 我不会告诉你的 大卫 |
[1:31:46] | Never ever. | 永远不会 |
[1:32:15] | Are you out of your fucking mind? | 你他妈疯了吗 |
[1:32:18] | You come here, | 你来到这里 |
[1:32:20] | accept my hospitality and my advice, | 接受我的款待和建议 |
[1:32:25] | and in exchange you offer me– | 作为交换你给我的是 |
[1:32:30] | Bloody unforgivable… | 真是不可原谅 |
[1:32:32] | to fritter away a story like that. | 浪费了一个那么好的故事 |
[1:32:34] | A sneeze on the radio. | 就像广播里的一个喷嚏 |
[1:32:36] | – A cough. – A cough. | -一声咳嗽 -一声咳嗽 |
[1:32:39] | What the fuck? You can’t just let it | 你他妈搞什么 |
[1:32:41] | run out into the sand like fucking piss. | 你不能这样虎头蛇尾 |
[1:32:44] | You just left them there | 就把读者丢在那儿 |
[1:32:46] | without a clue as to what really happened. | 一点都不告诉他们到底发生了什么 |
[1:32:51] | Are you familiar with my modest ideas in the handbook of life? | 你熟悉我在人生指南中简单的观点吗 |
[1:33:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:33:04] | But they’re hardly yours, are they? | 但并不完全是你的观点 对吗 |
[1:33:06] | You always have a choice. | 你一直都有选择 |
[1:33:09] | Either you write your own script… | 要么你自己写剧本 |
[1:33:15] | or you live according to someone else’s. | 要么就按照别人写的剧本生活 |
[1:33:28] | How did you figure me out? | 你是怎么发现我的 |
[1:33:49] | I realize you don’t have a very high opinion of me, | 我发现你并不非常欣赏我 |
[1:33:51] | a simple translator. | 区区一个翻译而已 |
[1:33:55] | But I’ve read and translated your words. | 但是我读过 翻译过你的文字 |
[1:33:57] | I spent months, years, getting to know your style and your wording, | 我花了好多年 了解你的风格和用词 |
[1:34:00] | it’s out there… | 它就在那里 |
[1:34:02] | whether you like it or not, whether you call yourself | 不管你是否喜欢 不管你叫自己 |
[1:34:04] | Germund Rein or Alex Henderson. | 杰蒙德·莱因还是亚历克斯·亨德森 |
[1:34:12] | Was this complicated intrigue really necessary? | 这种复杂的阴谋真的有必要吗 |
[1:34:14] | Mm-mm. Isn’t that obvious? | 那不是很明显吗 |
[1:34:19] | What the hell do you think? | 你到底是怎么想的 |
[1:34:22] | Suspicion has to grow slowly. | 怀疑必须慢慢增加 |
[1:34:24] | Do you think any of this would have worked | 如果他们太快就成为公众焦点 |
[1:34:26] | if they found themselves in the limelight too soon? | 你觉得这些还能够行得通吗 |
[1:34:29] | They never planned to kill you, did they? | 他们从未想要杀了你 不是吗 |
[1:34:32] | You know as well as I do. | 你我一样清楚 |
[1:34:34] | This is how it had to end. | 这件事必须这么结束 |
[1:34:35] | The end speaks for itself, right? | 结局不言而喻 对吗 |
[1:34:42] | What about Mariam’s death? | 那玛丽亚姆的死呢 |
[1:34:44] | Well, that’s got nothing to do with it. | 那和这件事毫无关系 |
[1:34:51] | She wrote that chapter. | 是她写了那一章 |
[1:34:54] | It wasn’t in my script. | 这不在我的剧本里 |
[1:34:58] | Who the hell are you to judge me? | 你当你是谁 还来对我指手画脚 |
[1:35:01] | You actually tried to kill your own wife for fuck’s sake. | 你还他妈想杀了你老婆呢 |
[1:35:05] | And here she is in the pink, | 但她现在还是健健康康地 |
[1:35:09] | living in domestic bliss with Morris Wanker– | 和莫里斯·万科幸福地住在一起 |
[1:35:12] | Winkler, whatever his fucking name is. | 还是温克勒 管他到底叫什么 |
[1:35:16] | This isn’t how you thought your story would end… | 你没想到你的故事会这样结束吧 |
[1:35:20] | is it? Hmm? | 不是吧 |
[1:35:22] | David? Never even knowing what really happened? | 大卫 甚至都不知道到底发生了什么 |
[1:35:33] | I need a proper drink. | 我需要来杯喝的 |
[1:36:11] | – So, how did it happen? – What? | -所以 到底是怎么做到的 -什么 |
[1:36:13] | The flight? | 那趟航班 |
[1:36:15] | There wasn’t any flight. | 根本没有什么航班 |
[1:36:18] | Alex Henderson had been in existence | 亚历克斯·亨德森在那之前 |
[1:36:21] | for many years by that time. | 就已经存在好多年了 |
[1:36:22] | Even you should’ve realized that by now. | 即便是你 现在都应该反应过来了 |
[1:36:24] | He took a plane to Athens. That’s all. | 他乘飞机到了雅典 就这样 |
[1:36:30] | You weren’t drunk that night in Behrensee, were you? | 你在贝伦西的那晚没有喝醉 对吧 |
[1:36:33] | Tipsy, at most. | 最多微醺 |
[1:36:35] | Then you were bloody lucky. | 那么你真是太幸运了 |
[1:36:42] | Bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[1:36:54] | Feels like you owe me a debt of gratitude, don’t you think? | 感觉你还欠我一声谢谢 你不觉得吗 |
[1:36:58] | I was the one who did your dirty work. | 是我帮你干了脏活累活 |
[1:37:00] | Me? Thank you? | 我 谢谢你吗 |
[1:37:03] | Should the puppeteer thank the puppet for her dance? | 木偶师应该感谢木偶的舞蹈吗 |
[1:37:14] | I think it’s time I left. | 我觉得我该走了 |
[1:37:19] | I must find my way back to the road before it gets too dark. | 我得在天黑前找到回去的路 |
[1:37:22] | You realize there’s little point in squealing. | 你得知道告密根本没什么意义 |
[1:37:24] | My identity is watertight, has been for a long time. | 我的身份滴水不漏 已经很久了 |
[1:37:27] | So I’ve understood. | 我明白了 |
[1:37:29] | Good. | 好 |
[1:37:31] | Being a bad loser can be so unbecoming. | 做一个失败者的确不太舒服 |
[1:37:36] | It’s just that… | 只不过 |
[1:37:40] | I’ve found it really hard to accept Mariam’s fate. | 我觉得我难以接受玛丽亚姆的命运 |
[1:37:45] | You didn’t kill her, neither did I. | 你没杀她 我也没有 |
[1:37:55] | What about Germund Rein? | 那杰蒙德·莱因呢 |
[1:37:58] | He’s dead. | 他已经死了 |