时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | Onions – you know, | 洋葱 |
[00:32] | onions are the most widely consumed vegetable in the whole world, | 洋葱是全世界消耗量最大的蔬菜 |
[00:36] | especially in England. | 尤其是在英格兰 |
[00:37] | We’re so used to thinking of onions as an ingredient | 我们习惯于把洋葱当做一种配料 |
[00:40] | that you sort of put in bases of stews and soups and risottos | 常把它用于炖菜 汤 意式调味饭等 |
[00:43] | and all that sort of thing. | 诸如此类的底料 |
[00:44] | And actually, we’ve almost forgotten that the allium family – | 其实 我们几乎忘了葱类植物 |
[00:47] | garlic, leeks, chives, | 像大蒜 韭葱 细香葱 |
[00:50] | onions, shallots – | 洋葱 小洋葱 |
[00:51] | they’re actually a fantastic vegetable in their own right. | 它们本身就是极好的蔬菜 |
[00:53] | So I’m not gonna cook these onions, | 所以我不打把这些洋葱做熟 |
[00:56] | I wanna do something special with them. | 我要拿它们做点特别的 |
[01:13] | I’m gonna make a fantastic salad with my shallots. | 我要用小洋葱做一道美味的沙拉 |
[01:19] | If you’ve got one of those little mandolins, | 你要是有那种小的蔬果切片器 |
[01:21] | you can whack it on one of those and get it wafer thin, | 可以用它把葱头切成薄片 |
[01:24] | but do not, do not, do not cut big, fat, old chunks | 不过千万别把洋葱或小洋葱 |
[01:27] | of any onion or any shallot | 切成又大又粗的块状 |
[01:29] | because there’s just nothing delicate about it. | 因为那样实在太不精致了 |
[01:31] | And the whole point of doing this | 最主要是因为 |
[01:32] | is that I wanna do like a quick pickle, | 我要把它们快速腌制一下 |
[01:34] | so, cutting them wafer thin, | 所以 切成极薄的片状 |
[01:38] | the salt and the vinegar | 盐和醋 |
[01:39] | can sort of penetrate the shallots really quickly. | 可以比较快地渗透进去 |
[01:43] | So, in a bowl, put your shallots. | 把小洋葱放进碗里 |
[01:48] | Like that. | 像这样 |
[01:49] | And then we wanna good pinch of salt straight onto the shallots, | 然后直接在小洋葱上撒上一撮盐 |
[01:55] | and then some vinegar. | 再放些醋 |
[01:57] | Use good vinegar, don’t use malt vinegar. | 用优质的醋 别用麦芽醋 |
[01:59] | Just a couple of tablespoons, enough just to drench it, really. | 几汤匙的量 能把它浸透就可以了 |
[02:02] | And then just use your hands, you can be kind of quite rough about it, | 接下来用你的手 可以用点力 |
[02:06] | just squeeze them together | 用力挤压 |
[02:08] | and that will allow it to pickle really quickly – | 这样腌制起来就快了 |
[02:10] | that will take that hum of onion away from it. | 还能去除洋葱冲鼻的味道 |
[02:13] | So once you’ve given it a nice scrunch, | 充分挤压后 |
[02:15] | you won’t believe the immediate impact that will have on the onion, | 洋葱立刻产生了意想不到的变化 |
[02:17] | it’ll be lighter, slightly pickled, | 变得清淡 经过稍稍腌制 |
[02:20] | and absolutely usable in a salad. | 做沙拉正合适 |
[02:22] | So, I’ve got some nice Romaine lettuce, | 这儿有一些新鲜的长叶生菜 |
[02:25] | which is obviously sweet and crunchy, | 看上去就很香甜爽脆 |
[02:27] | and that I can put all around just like that. | 像我这样铺好 |
[02:31] | What I wanna try and do is create a layer | 我要用这些鲜嫩爽口的生菜叶 |
[02:33] | of lovely cuppy delicate lettuce. | 铺一层底 |
[02:37] | And then I’ve got some odds and sods, bit of rocket. | 杂七杂八都来点儿 |
[02:40] | And that’s kind of what we’re looking for, really. | 要的就是这个效果 |
[02:42] | Just to get a nice cushiony, crunchy sort of base. | 垫个柔软又脆口的基底 |
[02:45] | I’ve got a few dandelions here | 再加些蒲公英 |
[02:47] | and a lot of people think, urgh, bitter, | 很多人觉得苦 |
[02:49] | but actually, a bitter, crunchy lettuce | 但其实苦味的新鲜生菜 |
[02:51] | with lovely sweet Romaine is a nice little mixture, really. | 混合鲜甜的长叶生菜别有一番风味 |
[02:55] | So what I wanna do is get my lovely onions | 我要把这些可爱的洋葱 |
[02:59] | and literally at this point – it’s only had about five minutes – | 到这会儿只腌了五分钟 |
[03:01] | but squeeze that mamma, squeeze it, squeeze out that salt, | 用力挤压 挤压 挤出里面的盐 |
[03:04] | squeeze out that vinegar and break it up in your hands | 把醋也挤出来 在手心里摊开 |
[03:08] | and just sprinkle it in and around the salad. | 然后均匀地撒在沙拉上 |
[03:15] | So we’ve got crunchy different bitter sweet lettuces, | 现在苦甜参半种类丰富的爽口生菜 |
[03:18] | and that lovely shallot quick pickle straight in there. | 和腌好的美味洋葱都到位了 |
[03:21] | Once we’ve got the onions over the salad like that, | 把洋葱像这样弄好后 |
[03:23] | I wanna make a dressing. | 就可以开始做沙拉酱了 |
[03:25] | I have a tablespoon of creme fraiche here – | 放一汤勺鲜奶油 |
[03:26] | you could use yogurt, you could fromage frais. | 你也可以换成酸奶或是鲜奶酪 |
[03:29] | Cut that with about a tablespoon and a half of good quality vinegar. | 再掺入一勺半优质食醋 |
[03:34] | And then good extra virgin olive oil. | 接着放入优质的特级初榨橄榄油 |
[03:36] | Just pour that in like that. | 直接像这样倒进去 |
[03:39] | About four or five tablespoons. | 大概倒个四到五汤勺 |
[03:41] | Mix that in. | 让它融进去 |
[03:45] | Give it a mix. | 搅一搅 |
[03:55] | Lovely. | 真漂亮 |
[03:56] | So there you go, let’s have a little taste now. | 这样就好了 我们来尝一下 |
[04:00] | Delicious. | 好味道 |
[04:01] | Right, so we’ve got the dressing done, | 现在我们把沙拉酱做好了 |
[04:03] | now what I wanna do is get my Roquefort cheese – | 接下来取一块洛克福羊干酪 |
[04:06] | absolutely you could use | 当然你也可以用 |
[04:07] | a good sort of mild, creamy Stilton – | 一些口味温和细腻的斯提耳顿干酪 |
[04:10] | just dig it in and make little like nuggets, like that. | 直接插进去 捣成小块 像这样 |
[04:15] | Chunk it around. | 捣碎 |
[04:17] | So, a nice bit of Roquefort all around the plate. | 把奶酪铺满盘子 |
[04:20] | Look at that, delish. | 看看 真美味 |
[04:22] | And once you’ve done that, get some walnuts, | 完成后 取一些核桃 |
[04:23] | classic combo, isn’t it? | 经典组合 对吧 |
[04:25] | Nuts and cheese. | 坚果和奶酪 |
[04:26] | I wanna get some, some walnuts in my hand like this, | 拿一些核桃像这样放在手里 |
[04:31] | and I wanna just… | 我只要 |
[04:36] | scrunch it up and then just sprinkle it. | 把它们碾碎然后撒上去 |
[04:43] | And once you’ve done that, | 好了以后 |
[04:47] | get your lovely creamy dressing, | 把美味的奶油沙拉酱拿来 |
[04:48] | and sort of like sporadically put your dressing in and around… | 在菜叶和奶酪里里外外 |
[04:55] | the leaves and the cheese… | 零星撒上 |
[04:58] | like that. | 像这样 |
[05:00] | Here I’ve got some chive flowers, | 这儿有一些葱花 |
[05:02] | and literally just pinch them off like that and then sprinkle them. | 把它们捏下来 撒上去 |
[05:08] | On pastas, in salads, absolutely fantastic. | 加在意大利面 沙拉里 都非常棒 |
[05:11] | And you know, that is a delicious little salad. | 好了 这就是一道可口的沙拉 |
[05:14] | Really, really nice in the middle of the table, | 让它成为餐桌上的美味 |
[05:16] | let everyone dive in. | 让人们大快朵颐吧 |
[05:31] | Probably the most common way | 利用栽子种植洋葱 |
[05:33] | to grow onions is with sets, | 可能是最常见的方法 |
[05:34] | which are quite interesting, | 非常有意思 |
[05:35] | essentially they’re seeds that have been brought on. | 它们实际上是培育过的种子 |
[05:37] | So, literally, all you do for this | 实际上 你要做的不过是 |
[05:39] | is rough your soil up a bit, | 把土稍微弄松一点 |
[05:42] | make a little hole, | 挖个小洞 |
[05:45] | plant it about three quarters of the way up | 大约四分之三露在外面 |
[05:47] | and put a fair bit of pressure around it, | 周围稍稍压一下 |
[05:50] | so they don’t move. | 这样它们就不会动了 |
[05:53] | You can do them singly, | 你可以一颗一颗种 |
[05:54] | but what we do is plant them in threes | 但我们会三颗一种 |
[05:56] | and they don’t tend to fight each other too much, | 它们之间竞争并不激烈 |
[05:58] | and then you get more yield out of your square meterage. | 这样产量就提高了 |
[06:01] | We plant those next to each other about three quarters of a foot away. | 种植的间距大概是二十五公分左右 |
[06:06] | And we plant those sets sort of March, April. | 大约每年三四月可以下栽子 |
[06:08] | When the green stalks have gone khaki and brown, | 茎秆由绿转黄的时候 |
[06:11] | put them on some newspaper, separated apart from each other, | 把它们放在报纸上 相互隔开 |
[06:14] | and let them dry out in a garage for a couple of weeks. | 在车库了放几个星期 把它们晾干 |
[06:16] | They will dry out | 晾干后 |
[06:17] | and you get a nice, thick, papery skin on the outside. | 外面的皮变成我们想要的厚实的纸状 |
[06:20] | Then what I do is I’ll get one, a bit of string round it, | 拿一个 缠上一段线 |
[06:22] | tie it in a knot, add another, put a bit, | 打个结 加上一个 再缠一段线 |
[06:25] | just wind it round a few times and then another, | 只要把线绕个几圈 再加上一个 |
[06:27] | and keep winding, winding, | 一直缠啊 缠啊 |
[06:28] | adding, adding, adding | 加啊 加啊 加啊 |
[06:29] | and you get a beautiful sort of like grape-like set of onions | 形成了葡萄状的一串洋葱 |
[06:32] | and then tie it in a knot, and hang the old fellas. | 打个结 把它们挂起来 |
[06:35] | And that’s quite nice. | 会有不错的效果 |
[06:36] | But I tell you what’s exciting, | 最令人心动的是 |
[06:37] | we don’t spray any chemicals – it is organic. | 我们不用农药 这些都是有机的 |
[06:40] | So what we have to do is companion plant. | 所以我们要采用伴生种植的方法 |
[06:42] | We have marigolds here, hover flies love this, | 这里种了金盏花 它能吸引食蚜蝇 |
[06:44] | and we’ve got hover flies around here, if you look. | 仔细看的话 你能看到食蚜蝇在周围飞 |
[06:47] | And they will kick the butt of the stuff that eat my veggies. | 它们能消灭吃蔬菜的害虫 |
[06:50] | So by planting nice pretty flowers, | 所以种这些漂亮的花 |
[06:52] | you’re encouraging the right sort of bugs | 可以引来益虫 |
[06:54] | that you know will be on your side to eat the bugs | 它们会帮你的忙 |
[06:57] | that are gonna eat your veg. | 吃掉破坏蔬菜的害虫 |
[06:58] | So it’s all good. We’ve got a few of the good flowers. | 一起都准备就绪了 种好几株有益的花 |
[07:01] | The planting is simple | 种植方法很简单 |
[07:03] | and they look after themselves. | 它们能自己生长得很好 |
[07:05] | So that’s it. l’m gonna pull up a few more red onions. | 好了 我要多拔几株红洋葱 |
[07:09] | And l’m gonna do the next dish. | 准备做下一道菜 |
[07:12] | l just need to get some rosemary. | 还需要一些迷迭香 |
[07:33] | Right, prepare yourself for the best onion recipe | 准备好迎接全世界 |
[07:35] | in the whole wide world – really, really, really, really nice. | 最最最最美味的洋葱料理 |
[07:38] | Erm, it’s a potato and onion al forno, | 这就是洋葱烤土豆 |
[07:41] | with ridiculous and copious amounts of balsamic vinegar, | 需要放多到吓人的意大利黑香醋 |
[07:44] | cheap balsamic vinegar. | 普通的意大利黑醋即可 |
[07:46] | So I’m gonna serve it with pork, half a loin, skin off, | 需要用到半份里脊肉 去皮 |
[07:50] | and it’s off the bone. | 无骨里脊 |
[07:51] | lf that skin’s off, l can get on with roasting that pork, | 去皮以后 就可以进行烤制了 |
[07:54] | hard and fast. | 又方便又美味 |
[07:55] | Turn it, turn it, turn it, and it’s genius. | 就是转啊 转啊 转啊 就完美了 |
[07:57] | I’ve got a whole load of rosemary, | 我这里有整整一把迷迭香 |
[08:00] | I’m gonna take half away and put it here, and then with this half, | 分一半在旁边 剩下的一半 |
[08:04] | I’m gonna finely chop… | 切成碎末 |
[08:09] | Once you’ve done that, | 切好后 |
[08:11] | get it in your hand and just sprinkle it on your board, | 抓起来 撒在砧板上 |
[08:15] | like that. | 像这样 |
[08:17] | And then I want you to get some pepper, a whole load of it, | 抓一把胡椒 抓它一大把 |
[08:19] | and sprinkle your board. | 也撒在砧板上 |
[08:23] | And then I want you to get some salt, | 再抓一把盐 |
[08:24] | a whole load of it, and season the board. | 多抓点 在砧板上调味 |
[08:27] | And then I wanna get some fennel seeds – two dessertspoons, | 取两小勺茴香籽 |
[08:34] | I don’t want it to be a powder, just crack ’em. | 不用碾成粉 敲碎就可以了 |
[08:39] | And then season the board. | 加到砧板上 |
[08:44] | Beautiful. A bit of seasoning, nice. | 漂亮 调料就做好了 不错 |
[08:47] | So, get your boy here, skin side down | 把肉拿过来 皮面朝下 |
[08:51] | and push, push push, push. | 压一压 |
[08:54] | Turn it over and you see what you get? | 翻过来 看看会有什么效果 |
[08:57] | See? You get that lovely flavour sort of encrusted. | 看见没有 调味料覆在肉上了 |
[09:00] | Don’t muck about, you want it to stick to your little darling. | 别马虎 要让调料粘得牢牢的 |
[09:07] | And just dip it around just like that. | 像这样两头都蘸上 |
[09:11] | Beautiful. | 真棒 |
[09:12] | Now, I’m using the wood oven, | 现在 我用的是燃木烤箱 |
[09:14] | but you could use a normal oven – | 你也可以用一般的烤箱烤 |
[09:15] | get it on about 200 degrees. | 温度调至大概两百度 |
[09:17] | Get two trays in there, a smaller one for your pork, | 放两个烤盘在里面 小的放猪肉 |
[09:20] | and a bigger one for your potatoes. | 大的放土豆 |
[09:22] | So, | 现在 |
[09:26] | I wanna pour… some olive oil in there. | 我要在里面倒上橄榄油 |
[09:33] | And I wanna put it… | 我要把 |
[09:41] | fat side down first, | 肥肉的一边朝下先放进去 |
[09:42] | with enough heat in that pan to get the fat going. | 盘子的余温足以将脂肪溶解 |
[09:45] | That’s all you want, that’s all you can ask. | 你需要做的就是这样 |
[09:47] | Turn it over like that. | 像这样翻过来 |
[09:49] | And any of this rosemary action going on here, | 再把迷迭香撒进去 |
[09:55] | sprinkle it back in, and you see round the gaps here? | 撒进去 看到两边空白的地方没 |
[09:58] | This is gonna be a potential burning area. | 这里可能会烤焦 |
[10:00] | So what I quite like to do is just get a few cloves of garlic… | 所以我要取几瓣大蒜 |
[10:06] | ..And… | 然后 |
[10:10] | Cut it in halves, quarters… | 一切二 二切四 |
[10:16] | And, you know, maybe one onion. | 可以再放一个洋葱 |
[10:19] | To have things like celery, onions, a bit of garlic, | 在烤盘的底部 |
[10:21] | in the bottom of your roasting tray, | 放入像芹菜 洋葱 大蒜这样的蔬菜 |
[10:23] | just gives you an environment where it’s not completely dry. | 可以让烤盘里的环境保持湿润 |
[10:27] | So literally… either side, | 两边都放上 |
[10:31] | mix it up a little bit with your… | 把它们搅一搅 |
[10:33] | how’s your father… Lovely. | 拌一拌 很好 |
[10:38] | So now, in the oven, that will take about an hour to cook. | 现在 放进烤箱 大概要烤一个小时 |
[10:42] | 50 minutes to an hour. | 五十分钟到一个小时 |
[10:45] | So, with the potatoes, | 现在处理土豆 |
[10:46] | I’ve cooked them for about five minutes, yeah, | 我已经把它们煮了大概五分钟 |
[10:48] | and then given them a little bit of a chuffing, ok? | 把它们摇一摇 |
[10:51] | So, onion duty – | 轮到洋葱了 |
[10:53] | so, cut these off. | 把这些切掉 |
[11:03] | So, pick through ’em. | 择干净 |
[11:04] | The reason I love this dish | 我之所以喜欢这道菜 |
[11:06] | is because in the roasting of an onion | 是因为洋葱在烤制的过程中 |
[11:09] | you concentrate the natural sugars in the onion. | 会产生天然的糖分 |
[11:14] | He can go straight in half, he can go straight in half. | 直接对切 直接对切 |
[11:17] | This fella can go in quarters. | 这个切成四块 |
[11:25] | There we go. | 好了 |
[11:26] | This is where the exciting bit starts. | 好戏就要开场了 |
[11:31] | So,this is a very hot tray. | 这个盘子很烫 |
[11:33] | In here I’m gonna add a third of a pack of butter, | 我要放入三分之一块的黄油 |
[11:39] | a little bit of olive oil, | 一点橄榄油 |
[11:42] | some bay leaves in… | 几片月桂叶 |
[11:46] | Four or five. Put my rosemary in, | 四到五片 加进迷迭香 |
[11:49] | so immediately, that will start flavouring the fat. | 它们能立刻给油脂增加香味 |
[11:53] | And then in with the lovely onions. | 然后加进可爱的洋葱 |
[11:58] | And then the potatoes. | 再放土豆 |
[12:01] | And then I’ve got a garlic here from the garden. | 我从菜园采了大蒜 |
[12:06] | And, you know, halve it, give it a bash. | 对半切开 敲扁 |
[12:11] | Get the old flavours going. | 让蒜味溢出来 |
[12:12] | So, salt, it will need, | 还需要盐 |
[12:15] | pepper, it will need. | 还有胡椒 |
[12:17] | All I’ve gotta do | 最后只需 |
[12:18] | – I don’t wanna keep it out of the oven too long – | 尽快把它放回烤炉 |
[12:22] | give it a little slush about. | 拌匀 |
[12:25] | Hey, look at that. | 看看 |
[12:26] | So as soon as you know you got a bit of shine | 只要看到洋葱和土豆 |
[12:28] | on the potatoes and onion, | 显出光泽 |
[12:30] | You know you are in good action. | 说明你做得很好 |
[12:32] | Then what happens – and this is the bit | 接下来怎么样 |
[12:35] | which no English person would have the balls to do, right? | 一般英国人还没这个胆量 |
[12:39] | But that’s because they don’t know better, right? | 不过那是因为他们不了解 |
[12:41] | Is you go and get cheap balsamic vinegar | 拿一瓶普通的意大利黑香醋 |
[12:43] | and I want you to use half a bottle, | 倒进去半瓶 |
[12:47] | I want you to go for it, I want you to trust me | 胆子大一点 相信我 |
[12:49] | and just get it on there. | 尽管往里倒 |
[12:51] | Let’s go for it, get it in there. | 别吝啬 只管倒 |
[12:52] | It looks wet, it looks sloppy right now, | 现在看起来水分好像太多了 |
[12:55] | but as this cooks, | 不过开烤后 |
[12:56] | the fat and the herbs and the garlic | 油脂 香料 还有大蒜混在一起 |
[13:00] | will mix and start evaporating | 水分会蒸发 |
[13:02] | and stick around that onion and potatoes and stuff like that. | 洋葱和土豆之类的就会黏住 |
[13:05] | So, back in the oven, brave. | 然后放过回烤炉 大胆点 |
[13:10] | And if you can, turn the pork, | 如果可以的话 给猪肉翻个身 |
[13:13] | move and scuffle around the potatoes | 让土豆翻滚几下 |
[13:15] | and in an hour’s time it’s gonna be heaven. | 一小时后 出炉的将会是人间美味 |
[13:23] | What I wanna do is just rest this for a little bit. | 接下来先把猪肉晾一下 |
[13:27] | Just look at the colour on that – beautiful. | 看看它的色泽 太诱人了 |
[13:29] | So straight on a nice platter. | 直接装入漂亮的盘子中 |
[13:32] | Then in here, in the pan, there’s fat, which we’ll lose most of, | 留在烤盘里的油 我们需要倒掉大部分 |
[13:37] | and you’ve got all these lovely bits of roasted onion and garlic. | 这里全是烤好的洋葱 大蒜 |
[13:40] | So, what I wanna do: lose that fat. | 我要把油倒掉 |
[13:45] | You can keep that fat if you wanted to | 你也可以把油倒进小罐子 |
[13:47] | in a little jar in the fridge | 放冰箱里 |
[13:49] | and you can put it on roast potatoes or something like that. | 可以用来烤土豆什么的 |
[13:51] | Just put a glass of wine or two in there. | 倒一到两杯酒进去 |
[13:56] | Squash all these garlic cloves like that, squash them, | 把葱和蒜都压碎 用力压 |
[14:01] | cos all the stickiness in the bottom of the pan will mix with the wine, | 粘在烤盘上的汁液会和酒融合在一起 |
[14:05] | and then all the garlic and onions will give it a bit of thickness – | 大蒜和洋葱能让汁液变稠 |
[14:08] | it won’t be a gravy as you know it, | 这可不是一般肉汁的味道 |
[14:10] | it will be really intensely flavoured juice. | 而会有很浓烈的口感 |
[14:12] | Now I’ll pop this in the oven | 我要把它放回烤炉 |
[14:14] | and then you will never ever have seen | 这会是你有生之年第一次见到的 |
[14:18] | a potato dish like this. | 特别的土豆料理 |
[14:21] | Look at these. Absolutely beautiful. | 看看 太漂亮了 |
[14:24] | Your eyes almost think for a second. | 你可能会迟疑一下 |
[14:25] | Is it too dark? Is it burnt? | 颜色是不是太深了 是不是烤焦了 |
[14:26] | And then you realise actually it’s not burn, | 然后你会意识到不是真的烤糊了 |
[14:29] | it’s balsamic vinegar, caramelised. | 是醋焦化的颜色 |
[14:31] | And that is one of the best dishes in the whole wide world. | 这是全世界最美味的料理之一 |
[14:34] | I don’t give a monkey’s what anyone says. | 我可不管别人怎么说 |
[14:39] | And then just plate it over here on this nice plate. | 放进这个漂亮的盘子 |
[14:44] | Always do more than you need because everyone will be back for ’em | 记得多做一些 你的朋友肯定意犹未尽 |
[14:47] | and they’ll only whinge that you didn’t do enough. | 他们一定会抱怨说你做的不够吃 |
[14:49] | Really brave. Love it. | 实在是大胆的尝试 大爱 |
[14:51] | Really really love it. | 真的是大爱 |
[14:53] | Rack it up. | 堆上去 |
[14:55] | Look at that. | 看看这效果 |
[14:59] | Done, genius, best thing in the world. | 完成 太有才了 人间珍馐 |
[15:01] | Pork? | 猪肉怎么办呢 |
[15:02] | Let it rest for about ten, 15 minutes, | 晾它个十到十五分钟 |
[15:05] | just slice it up as thin as you can, | 切成薄片 越薄越好 |
[15:10] | which is normally about half a centimetre thick | 一般大约是半厘米厚 |
[15:13] | if you’re any good with your knife skills, you could go thinner. | 如果你刀工够好的话 还能再切薄点儿 |
[15:15] | But you don’t have to cook the hell out of pork. | 不过你不必在猪肉上花太多心思 |
[15:19] | Beautiful potatoes. Beautiful meat. | 漂亮的土豆 漂亮的肉 |
[15:25] | And then this sauce here, | 还有这个美味的酱汁 |
[15:28] | l wouldn’t even bother… | 我都懒得… |
[15:29] | You can put it through a sieve and do all this and the other. | 你可以拿个滤网之类的把这个过滤一下 |
[15:32] | It’s like a posh version of sort of marmite juice, | 这有点像是马麦酱[英式酱料]的升级版 |
[15:36] | it’s just really intense. And that… | 味道更加浓烈 然后 |
[15:41] | And there you go. | 这样就好了 |
[15:42] | Beautiful combo, incredible roast pork, | 美妙的组合 完美烤制的猪肉 |
[15:44] | amazing roast potatoes. | 惊为天人的烤土豆 |
[15:45] | Really, really nice. | 非常非常不错 |
[15:57] | I rather like these flowers,I think they’re top drawer. | 我非常喜欢这些花 简直无与伦比 |
[16:00] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:00] | The onion ones here are great sprinkled on salads and stuff. | 洋葱的花添在沙拉什么的里面特别棒 |
[16:03] | – Yeah, like cherry flowers. – Yeah. | -对 像是樱桃花 -没错 |
[16:04] | There’s a lot of ornamental allium flowers as well. | 还有很多装饰用的葱类植物的花 |
[16:07] | But I love these guys, they’re… | 不过我喜欢这些 它们 |
[16:11] | The garlic doesn’t really make seed, | 大蒜其实不产子 |
[16:12] | but you get these kind of little bulbil things. | 不过会有这些球茎 |
[16:15] | – What, like a little mini clove? – Like a little mini clove, yeah. | -像是迷你版的蒜瓣 -对 没错 |
[16:18] | Oh, so each one of those shoots is a garlic clove? | 所以说每一个发芽出来就是一个蒜瓣吗 |
[16:20] | There’s one here that’s kind of… | 这一个好像… |
[16:22] | Yeah,I wonder… Let’s have a look at that. | 对 我想知道 让我看看 |
[16:25] | Is that the flower? What are these? | 这是花 还是什么 |
[16:27] | That looks more like a bulbil, that’s what I call a bulbil. | 看起来像球茎 我觉得是 |
[16:30] | There’s one or two in there. | 里面有一到两个 |
[16:31] | So, is that a bit like, erm, a set with onions…? | 就是说 这就像是洋葱的栽子 |
[16:35] | Yeah, like an onion set. | 对 跟洋葱栽子差不多 |
[16:36] | You could grow those in a pot. | 你可以把它们养在盆里 |
[16:37] | But they don’t like particularly rich soil, do they? | 但其实它们不适应肥沃的土壤 是吧 |
[16:39] | Because I planted garlic last year, | 因为我去年种了大蒜 |
[16:41] | and I had loads of manure, and about half of them died. | 土里加了很多肥 一半都死了 |
[16:43] | Yeah. They do. | 确实如此 |
[16:44] | It’s a Mediterranean-type plant, so they’ll grow in dry soil. | 它是地中海型植物 所以适应干土 |
[16:48] | They like the heat as well. | 它们还很喜热 |
[16:50] | It doesn’t matter too much if you forget to water them for a week or so, | 一个礼拜忘了浇水都没事 |
[16:53] | either, cos they’re pretty tough. | 因为它们特别坚韧 |
[16:55] | – Pretty good if you haven’t got loads of space. – Yeah. | -地方不够的话特别适合种这个 -对 |
[16:58] | And even if the bulbs don’t grow that big, | 即使球茎长得不够大 |
[17:00] | you can still eat any part of the plant. | 整个一株也都可以吃 |
[17:02] | The leaf, yeah, absolutely. | 对 叶子完全可以吃 |
[17:05] | I love roasting garlic. | 我喜欢吃烤大蒜 |
[17:06] | How do you cook yours, do you…? | 你是怎么做的 是不是 |
[17:07] | Yeah, roast. | 对 也烤 |
[17:08] | Well, I will admit, I do eat those raw as well. | 我承认 有时候也生吃 |
[17:11] | Do you really?! | 不会吧 |
[17:12] | Yeah, on a bad day. | 真的 心情不好的时候 |
[17:13] | Christ almighty. | 我的老天爷 |
[17:15] | I won’t come near you when you’ve got that! | 到时候我要离你远点儿 |
[17:18] | Do you think the allium family’s a bit underrated? | 你觉不觉得葱类植物的价值被低估了 |
[17:20] | I do. | 反正我这么觉得 |
[17:21] | Yeah, definitely. | 的确是这样 |
[17:22] | It’s a very good, easy-growing vegetable, | 这是一类很有益又好种的蔬菜 |
[17:25] | very good for you, nutritionally, medicinally. | 有营养 还有药用价值 |
[17:27] | The best. | 最好的蔬菜 |
[17:29] | We should all eat a bit more of them, shouldn’t we? | 大家都应该多吃一点儿 不是吗 |
[17:30] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[17:32] | Superb. | 超棒的 |
[17:37] | – You like raw garlic? – Hmm. | -你喜欢吃生大蒜 -对 |
[17:41] | Garlic clove a day… | 一天一大蒜 |
[17:42] | Keeps the colds at bay. | 感冒远离我 |
[17:44] | And the birds. | 鸟都远离你 |
[17:45] | And the birds. | 对 还有鸟 |
[17:59] | I’m gonna make a beautiful English onion soup. | 我要做一道美味的英式洋葱汤 |
[18:03] | None of this French onion soup malarkey, | 别和我提什么法式洋葱汤 |
[18:05] | we’re gonna go English soup. | 我要做英式的 |
[18:06] | So I’ve got red onions, white onions, | 我这儿有红洋葱 白洋葱 |
[18:09] | the little Italian banana and cipollini type ones. | 还有产自意大利的香蕉状洋葱及奇波利尼洋葱 |
[18:12] | Slice them up, quicker the better, | 把洋葱切碎 越快越好 |
[18:14] | otherwise you end up getting into tears. | 要不然最后你就泪流满面了 |
[18:21] | My first job in the kitchen was an onion slicer. | 我在厨房的第一份工作就是切洋葱 |
[18:25] | I think they did it to test me, so that I didn’t cry. | 我以为他们是要考验我 所以忍住没流泪 |
[18:27] | But they did it to me so often | 不过他们总是让我切 |
[18:31] | that I came down in a pair of goggles and a snorkel, | 最后我只能带上了护目镜和呼吸管 |
[18:36] | and it did work. | 确实有用 |
[18:39] | But can you imagine what I looked like, | 不过你能想象我那样 |
[18:43] | chopping onions for, like, an hour? | 切一个小时洋葱吗 |
[18:47] | I’ve never done a recipe crying before. | 我以前做菜从没哭过 |
[18:52] | If you were sensible, | 明智点儿 |
[18:53] | you’d get a food processor with a slicing attachment, | 买台可以切片的食品加工器吧 |
[18:56] | unless you want an excuse to cry, really. | 除非你想找个借口哭一下 |
[19:00] | I mean, it’s been a lovely day, | 今天过得很棒 |
[19:01] | you know, it really has been a lovely day | 你要知道 今天真的很棒 |
[19:03] | planting and doing my onion recipes. | 种种菜 做做洋葱料理 |
[19:07] | Oh, god, it’s emotional. | 天哪 太煽情了 |
[19:09] | So, done me onions, | 好了 洋葱切好了 |
[19:12] | I’m gonna add to the story with the leeks – | 这里面还要加上大葱 |
[19:15] | just take off the ends, take off these bits, | 去头去尾 |
[19:19] | and to clean it, obviously, it needs a good clean. | 洗干净 显然需要好好洗一下 |
[19:22] | Just run your knife from here in with it all the way up, | 把刀从这儿一路切过去 |
[19:26] | and then do the other way as well. | 另一侧也一样处理 |
[19:31] | You’d naturally be tended to put some water down there, | 你可能会从这头把水倒进去 |
[19:35] | but actually do it the other way, put water down that way. | 但其实应该从这一头 把水冲下去 |
[19:40] | Wash it that way, wash it out, | 这样洗 洗干净 |
[19:42] | and just go through all the little layers. | 每一层都拨开洗净 |
[19:46] | So you know, onion soup, | 所以虽然你是做洋葱汤 |
[19:48] | but with a little help from some of the other alliums. | 但还需要其他葱类植物来增添风味 |
[19:54] | So cut these lovely leeks up. | 把这些葱切小 |
[19:57] | I’m tempted hardly even to chop the garlic up, just to squash it. | 我可没工夫切这些大蒜 压扁就行了 |
[20:04] | So, get your pan, add some oil, | 拿出锅 倒上油 |
[20:08] | a nice lug of oil, a little bit of butter. | 少许一点油 再来点儿黄油 |
[20:14] | The first thing that I want to touch this pan is some sage, | 我要先在锅里放一些鼠尾草 |
[20:17] | sage and onion. | 鼠尾草和洋葱 |
[20:18] | Meaty, fragrant, | 口味醇厚 香味浓郁 |
[20:21] | let’s use it with passion and vigour. | 我们要充满热情和活力地对待它们 |
[20:23] | And then I wanna put in the garlic. | 接下来放入大蒜 |
[20:27] | And once we give it a good old slush around, that’s a nice start. | 好好拌匀 这是个好开端 |
[20:31] | And then we bring in our onions, into there. | 接着把洋葱都放进去 |
[20:41] | There you go. | 好了 |
[20:42] | We’ll literally mix that up. | 拌一拌 |
[20:45] | Now, always cook onions | 制作洋葱料理 |
[20:48] | with a good pinch of salt and pepper. | 要记得加上一撮盐和胡椒 |
[20:52] | And that… | 这一锅 |
[20:56] | is fantastic. | 棒极了 |
[20:59] | And I’m gonna turn this down to a medium. | 调到中火 |
[21:03] | You know, if you want that to be brilliant, | 要把这道菜做好 |
[21:05] | then the one thing you can give that | 你需要做的 |
[21:06] | is a bit of love, a bit of time, | 就是付出一点爱心 一点时间 |
[21:07] | and the time will make those onions go from being really like, | 时间会让洋葱 |
[21:10] | aaagh, and making you cry, to being like incredibly sweet, | 从让你流泪变得非常甘甜 |
[21:14] | and meaty and sort of beautiful in flavour. | 口味香醇 味道好极了 |
[21:16] | So, 25 minutes, just leave that to cook now. | 所以让它煮个二十五分钟吧 |
[21:28] | Right, have a look at this. | 好了 看一下 |
[21:31] | You can see how those onions have sort of shrunk in size. | 能看到洋葱都缩水了 |
[21:35] | And with this, you know, if you kind of smeared that, | 你要是拿这个 |
[21:39] | you know, on top of a steak or a burger in a bun, | 涂在牛排上或是夹在牛肉汉堡里 |
[21:42] | raaa, that would be incredible. | 味道简直不可思议 |
[21:44] | And to make this into a soup, we need stock now. | 我们要做洋葱汤 所以需要加入高汤 |
[21:47] | Traditionally, you go for a beef stock. | 一般会用牛肉高汤 |
[21:50] | Chicken stock is brilliant. | 鸡肉高汤也很棒 |
[21:52] | If you wanted to make your own, | 如果你要自己做高汤 |
[21:54] | really easy, get a load of chicken or beef bones, | 很简单 取一把鸡骨或牛骨 |
[21:57] | toss them in oil, some herbs, whole onions, whole garlic, | 裹上油 加入香料 洋葱 大蒜 |
[22:01] | roast them in the oven for 45 minutes, a bit of colour. | 放烤箱烤45分钟 略微上色 |
[22:04] | Pour in a pot, top it up with water, | 倒进汤锅 装满水 |
[22:06] | simmer it for a couple of hours. | 炖几个小时 |
[22:07] | From that, you’ll get a quality stock. | 然后 一锅美味的高汤就好了 |
[22:11] | Now, we wanna mix this up now. | 现在我们搅拌一下 |
[22:13] | It’s about four pints of stock | 大约两公升汤 |
[22:15] | to a kilo of onions, garlic and leek. | 加一公斤洋葱 大蒜和大葱 |
[22:18] | And what I wanna do is simmer that now. | 现在可以拿去炖了 |
[22:21] | Simmer that for about, sort of, ten, 15 minutes. | 大概炖个十到十五分钟 |
[22:25] | So, while that’s cooking, | 趁那边在煮 |
[22:30] | I’m gonna get my bread. And I wanna cut that in half. | 我来准备面包 对半切开 |
[22:34] | And then basically… | 基本上来说 |
[22:36] | This isn’t supposed to be made with fresh bread, | 我们一般不用新鲜的面包 |
[22:39] | it should be made with stale bread, | 要用陈面包 |
[22:41] | so it… Sucks up all the lovely soup and becomes nice and crisp. | 它会吸满美味的汤汁 变得美味酥脆 |
[22:47] | Get them out like this. | 这样摆好 |
[22:50] | Here. I’ll just grate this cheddar. | 放在这里 我要把这块切达奶酪擦丝 |
[22:55] | British cheese – really, really good. | 英国奶酪 非常非常棒 |
[22:58] | Just get yourself a grater | 拿个刨丝器 |
[23:00] | and grate a whole load of cheese over the bread. | 把整块奶酪擦成丝撒在面包上 |
[23:06] | You can do this when it’s in the bowl, | 你可以等面包放进碗里再放上去 |
[23:08] | but what I wanna do is just… | 不过我喜欢 |
[23:11] | A whole load just like that. | 现在就放上去 |
[23:14] | Bring this over here. | 把这个端过来 |
[23:18] | So, give it a nice little mix up to get a nice mixture of stock | 轻轻搅匀 让洋葱和高汤的味道充分融合 |
[23:21] | and onions and then straight into that bowl. | 直接倒进碗里 |
[23:34] | There we go. | 好了 |
[23:36] | So all four of those have been filled up nicely. | 现在四个碗都装满了 |
[23:39] | So, I’ve got me soups done, | 汤弄好了 |
[23:40] | I wanna get my little toasties and just ram them in like that. | 我要把面包放进去 |
[23:46] | And then a few extra bits on top. | 上面再来一点奶酪 |
[23:52] | Worcestershire sauce, just a swig, | 放点辣酱油 少放一点 |
[23:54] | I don’t want this to ruin or wreck or overtake, | 我既不想搞砸整碗汤 又不想让它抢了风头 |
[23:57] | but just a few little dribbles onto that cheese, amazing. | 但只要在奶酪上滴几滴 味道惊人 |
[24:01] | So I’ve got some lovely sage leaves here, | 这里有几片鼠尾草叶 |
[24:04] | and I wanna do is just give it a little drizzle of oil, | 上面洒点油 |
[24:07] | then it can transmit all its lovely flavour. | 这样它的味道才能完全散发出来 |
[24:09] | As well as looking a bit pretty, | 也能让它的卖相更好 |
[24:11] | which I hate to admit is kind of what I’m doing. | 虽然这不是我的初衷 |
[24:14] | But, you know, | 不过 你知道的 |
[24:14] | i wouldn’t dare do it unless it did deliver that lovely flavour. | 要不是能让味道更好 我才不会这么做 |
[24:18] | And there you go. From here, under a grill, | 好了 拿去放进烤箱 |
[24:21] | and let it all melt, | 让奶酪融化 |
[24:23] | and it literally only takes a minute. | 只需要一分钟时间 |
[24:41] | Look at that. | 瞧一瞧 |
[24:44] | That is a proper English onion soup. | 这就是地道的英式洋葱汤 |
[24:47] | Beautiful. That is the real deal. | 真漂亮 这才是真家伙 |
[24:49] | That is English onion soup. | 这才是英式洋葱汤 |
[24:53] | Look at that! | 看到没有 |
[24:56] | Love it. | 大爱 |