时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Chillies and peppers. One of my most favourite, | 辣椒 我在这个世界上 |
[00:32] | favourite things in the world. | 最喜欢最喜欢的东西之一 |
[00:33] | I actually thought that… | 我甚至觉得 |
[00:35] | for many years that I was addicted to chillies. | 这么多年我都对它上瘾了 |
[00:38] | When I think about chilli, | 当我想到辣椒的时候 |
[00:39] | right, even on a cold winter’s day, | 对 即使是寒冷的冬天 |
[00:41] | the back of my tongue goes, | 我的舌根都会有种 |
[00:43] | “Weee!”, and I can feel my mouth salivate. | “呜咦”的感觉 而且我能感到嘴里在分泌口水 |
[00:46] | I get all excited about it! | 然后我就会很兴奋 |
[00:48] | It gets your endorphins going, | 它让你的脑垂体分泌激素 |
[00:50] | gives you a rush of blood. | 让你的热血沸腾 |
[00:52] | It makes you sweat, | 让你汗流浃背 |
[00:53] | whichi is in hot countries is great | 这在热带国家是很好的 |
[00:54] | cos it cools you down. | 因为流汗能让你降温 |
[00:55] | I’m gonna pick a bunch of chillies, | 我会摘点番椒 |
[00:58] | peppers, long ones, short ones. | 辣椒 长的 短的 |
[01:00] | This is what they made Tabasco elvas, | 神奇的塔巴斯科辣酱就是这么来的 |
[01:02] | that’s the Tabasco chilli, | 这就是塔巴斯科番椒 |
[01:03] | so we’ll take a bunch of these. | 我们摘点这个 |
[01:05] | Got green ones here. | 摘点这个绿的 |
[01:08] | I can dry them, I can pickle them, I can make salsas, | 我可以风干辣椒 腌辣椒 做辣椒酱 |
[01:11] | rubs, oils, you name it, you can freeze them. | 擦丝 过油 怎么都行 冻起来也行 |
[01:14] | I’m gonna do a load of cooking with them, | 我会用它们做好多菜 |
[01:15] | but I’m getting excited. | 我开始兴奋了 |
[01:17] | Now I can feel the endorphins rushing from my body. | 我都能感觉到内啡肽在我身体里横冲直撞了 |
[01:19] | It’s emotional. | 让人感动 |
[01:30] | I’m gonna do some baked peppers, and I’ve got a recipe | 我要做点烤辣椒 我已经有个食谱了 |
[01:33] | that is just absolutely to die for, | 真等不及要做了 |
[01:35] | and I think completely respects | 而且我觉得这个 |
[01:37] | the peppers and gets to use | 食谱充分尊重 |
[01:39] | the best of the chillies, tomatoes, basil | 而且充分利用了辣椒 番茄 紫苏 |
[01:41] | and stuff like that. | 这些材料 |
[01:42] | Cut it in half through the stalk like this | 顺着梗把它这样切成两半 |
[01:44] | and then using a little knife, just cut… | 然后用小刀 切… |
[01:47] | the little white membrane out | 切下来这个白色的薄膜 |
[01:49] | and the seeds just like that. | 然后籽就会这样 |
[01:55] | Get rid of any excess seeds. | 把籽去净 |
[01:58] | Now that is kind of like a dish within a dish, | 这有点像菜里有菜 |
[02:01] | so whatever you put in here | 不管你往这里放什么 |
[02:02] | will be kept in there and you’ll | 都会存在里面 |
[02:03] | get a lovely pond of juices | 你会得到一盅诱人的原汁原味 |
[02:05] | and all that sort of business. | 以及一切该有的味道 |
[02:06] | Let me just get rid of these. | 让我先清理干净这些 |
[02:08] | If I chuck the seeds this way, | 如果我这么扔了这些籽 |
[02:09] | then maybe next year, | 明年可能 |
[02:11] | we’ll have some nice pepper trees. | 就会长出辣椒树 |
[02:12] | Don’t tell Brian! OK… | 千万别告诉布莱恩 好了 |
[02:15] | Peppers… I’m gonna put them in here. | 辣椒 放在这里 |
[02:19] | Just waiting to be filled up. So… | 等着一会做容器 那么 |
[02:22] | Mr Pepper loves Mr Tomato. | 辣椒喜爱番茄先生 |
[02:26] | I just want about three | 我就想要三 |
[02:28] | or four nice cherry tomatoes per…pepper, | 或者四个圣女果 给每个辣椒 |
[02:31] | who in turn…really…like | 它们会…会喜欢和… |
[02:34] | to have a bit of a party with Mr Garlic. | 大蒜先生开个派对 |
[02:37] | Couple of cloves of garlic. | 几瓣大蒜 |
[02:51] | Finely slice these little monkeys. | 把这些小东西切细片 |
[02:54] | Just get my garlic…into here. | 然后把蒜放到 这里来 |
[03:00] | I’m gonna half the bigger cherry tomatoes here. | 我会把这些圣女果切成两半 |
[03:06] | Chilli time. Now, I’ve got a bunch | 该上辣椒了 |
[03:07] | of different chillies here. | 我有好几种辣椒 |
[03:09] | I’ve got…little bell pepper. | 我这有…柿子椒 |
[03:12] | I’m tasting my way around it | 我会先尝尝 |
[03:14] | so I know I’m not gonna absolutely blast people. | 来确定我不会辣坏别人 |
[03:17] | They’re not really, really strong. | 他们可没那么坚强 |
[03:18] | This one’s a bit fierier, and so I’ll use less of that. | 这个更辣点 所以我少放些 |
[03:22] | There’s this… | 这个… |
[03:25] | ..Apricot chilli here. | …是杏色的 |
[03:27] | Lovely flavour. Actually, incredibly sweet. | 尝着不错 实际上 是特别甜 |
[03:31] | And there’s this green one here. | 至于这个绿的 |
[03:38] | And that’s quite mild, so we can use a bit more. | 这个不太辣 所以我们多放点 |
[03:40] | But the whole idea of having a mixture for me, | 但是我的食物混合的主意 |
[03:43] | this is what this is all about. | 这就是 这就是全部了 |
[03:46] | All the beautiful chillies in there, | 这些好看的辣椒 |
[03:48] | a little handful of capers, | 一小捧酸豆 |
[03:50] | then I want a nice handful of basil, | 再来一把罗勒 |
[03:54] | pinch of pepper, definitely salt. | 少量的胡椒 当然还有盐 |
[03:57] | Salt and tomatoes, salt and chilli. | 番茄上来点 辣椒上来点 |
[03:59] | About two tablespoons of good quality | 大概两汤匙上等的 |
[04:01] | red wine or white wine vinegar | 红酒醋或者白酒醋 |
[04:03] | and then olive oil, three or four tablespoons. | 再加点橄榄油 三到四汤匙 |
[04:05] | So…that I know is gonna create | 这个就要创造出 |
[04:10] | an incredible mixture and I can | 一个我现在闻起来 |
[04:11] | smell it right now, really nice. | 很不错的杂拌 |
[04:12] | Get yourself, erm, five or six olives. | 准备五到六个橄榄 |
[04:15] | I mean, you’ll get wonderful | 橄榄也能 |
[04:16] | seasoning and flavour out of the olives as well. | 调出非常不错的味道和香味 |
[04:18] | Use your hands or put rubber gloves | 用手或者戴上橡胶手套 |
[04:20] | on if you worried about the chillis. | 如果你担心辣手的话 |
[04:21] | Even scrunch them up a bit like that. | 就像这样揉挤它们 |
[04:23] | Let the hands just do the work. | 手用力挤 |
[04:29] | Taste your finger, salt’s really good. | 尝尝手指 盐放的真不错 |
[04:32] | Just cos the salt’s good in there doesn’t mean | 这的盐放的好不意味着 |
[04:35] | these are gonna be perfectly seasoned, | 真的就调好味了 |
[04:36] | so get a little bit salt and… | 所以捏点盐 |
[04:38] | just carefully season the peppers as well, | 也给这些辣椒好好调调味 |
[04:41] | otherwise they’ll be bland. | 不然它们就没味了 |
[04:43] | Then we get a nice mixed handful. | 然后我们抓一把杂拌 |
[04:46] | Beautiful. | 好极了 |
[04:54] | And the last one. | 最后一个 |
[05:00] | All this juice, just pour in there as well. | 汁也都倒进这里 |
[05:06] | Now, that’s absolutely perfect, nice vegetarian stylee. | 这就完美了 素食主义风格 |
[05:10] | What I like to do out of | 除了个人喜好之外 |
[05:12] | personal preference is I like to get some | 我还想要加一点 |
[05:14] | Pancetta or nice fatty smoked bacon | 意大利熏肉或者肥肥的熏培根 |
[05:17] | and just literally drape it over the pepper like that, | 就把它们像这样铺在辣椒上面 |
[05:20] | and that’ll just… The fat coming out | 然后就会…脂肪会出来 |
[05:22] | of that and the flavour | 还有香味 |
[05:23] | will just give it a beautiful little edge | 会带来特别的风味 |
[05:25] | there, just like that. | 就像这样 |
[05:28] | Now, if I just chuck it in a hot oven | 现在 如果我把它们扔进烤箱 |
[05:29] | and get colour on it, | 让它们变色 |
[05:30] | it’ll look good before it tastes good. | 除了好吃还会更好看 |
[05:32] | So, what I like to do is get tinfoil on there, right, | 所以我喜欢盖上锡箔纸 |
[05:35] | so you soften them up through steaming. | 通过蒸烘让它们变得柔软 |
[05:38] | 15 minutes. Rip off the tin foil | 烤15分钟 撕掉锡箔 |
[05:40] | after that and get colour on it, | 然后上色 |
[05:42] | and you’ll have a beautifully cooked pepper, | 然后你就有了好吃又好看的 |
[05:43] | good colour as well. | 烤辣椒 |
[05:52] | Have a look at these little darlings! | 看看这些小宝贝 |
[05:55] | Beautiful. Now, you see by the colour, | 漂亮 光看颜色就知道 |
[05:57] | it’s all gone crispy on top, | 上层变脆了 |
[05:59] | you can see the pepper’s almost dehydrated. | 你能看到辣椒基本上脱水了 |
[06:01] | Give it a little pinch. Soft, beautiful. | 捏一下 又软又好看 |
[06:04] | And the great thing about it is you can put a big | 最棒的就是你可以 |
[06:06] | plate of peppers in the middle of a table, | 在桌子上放一大盘辣椒 |
[06:08] | you can have nice whole roasted or some roasted fillets of fish. | 你可以摆些烤得一整条或一些烤鱼之类的 |
[06:11] | The way I love to have it is as simple as this, right. | 我最喜欢的就是像这个这么简单的 |
[06:13] | A little bit of toast, | 一点烤面包 |
[06:15] | just get one of these beautiful yellow peppers, | 来个好看的烤黄辣椒 |
[06:18] | put them on here just like that. | 就这么放在上面 |
[06:22] | What I’m gonna do is I’m gonna get my…knife | 我要做的就是去拿刀 |
[06:24] | and I’m gonna stab it so all the juices | 我这么戳两下 这样所有的汁 |
[06:26] | that have pooled up in the bottom | 都会渗到底部 |
[06:27] | just seep through and make the toast sort of go soggy. | 这样汁液渗进去 让面包浸满汁 |
[06:32] | Delicious! Just serve it with a nice… | 美味 就把这个和 |
[06:36] | ripped Mozzarella… | 一块掰开的马苏里拉奶酪一起上 |
[06:40] | ..Little bit of rocket. | 再来点芝麻菜 |
[06:42] | And all I do to give it a little edge | 我要给它锦上添花的 |
[06:44] | is a little bit of finely sliced raw chilli… | 就是放一点切好的生辣椒 |
[06:48] | just to make sure the chilli still is in there. | 为了确保辣椒还在这 |
[06:53] | Little pinch of salt… | 一小撮盐 |
[06:55] | and finish with a nice bit of extra virgin olive oil. | 再加点特级初榨橄榄油就完工了 |
[06:58] | And that is a delicious, delicious snack. | 这就是一道非常好的小吃 |
[07:02] | That’s the kind of food I love. | 这就是我喜欢的食物 |
[07:19] | Do you like your chillies, Bri? | 你喜欢辣椒吗 布莱 |
[07:20] | I love chillies. I spent | 我爱死辣椒了 我在 |
[07:21] | a year in South America and Central America | 南美和美国中部呆了一年 |
[07:24] | and I just got addicted to them. | 都对它上瘾了 |
[07:26] | – You addicted as well? – Absolutely. | -你也上瘾了 -绝对的 |
[07:28] | I’m glad I’m not the only one. | 我很高兴自己不是唯一一个 |
[07:29] | Yeah, chilli every day, all different types. | 每天都吃辣椒 每天吃不同种的 |
[07:31] | This is one of the hottest. | 这是最辣的一种 |
[07:33] | But these are dangerous almost… | 但是这些有点危险… |
[07:34] | These are dangerous. | 是有点危险 |
[07:35] | Well, but I’m gonna try one anyway, shall I? | 是 但是我还是想试试 |
[07:42] | I love chillies! | 我爱辣椒 |
[07:44] | There’s no way you’re eating that chilli. | 你不可能吃的下这个辣椒 |
[07:46] | Ooh, that’s nice. | 挺好吃的 |
[07:50] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[07:51] | That is nice, and I can feel that, | 挺好的 我能感觉到 |
[07:52] | the heat going through me is coming into my face now. | 热量在我身上穿梭 现在到我的脸上来了 |
[07:56] | That is gorgeous. Mm. | 这太美好了 |
[07:58] | Let me have a little try. | 让我试试 |
[08:00] | Sometimes the heat depends | 有时候这种辣度 |
[08:02] | on how they’ve been grown as well. | 也和它们的生长过程有关 |
[08:03] | If it’s had too much water, too much nutrients, | 如果水分太多 营养太多 |
[08:07] | you’ll lose a lot of the flavour, so… | 味道就会淡很多 |
[08:11] | I think that one’s been grown what we call “Hard”. | 我觉得这种是我们说的”艰难成长”的 |
[08:14] | Dry and hot. | 又干又辣 |
[08:17] | And I’ve got him down! | 我撂倒你了 |
[08:19] | One little seed! | 才一个小籽 |
[08:22] | That has got incredible | 这个有我从没试过的 |
[08:23] | flavour like I’ve never, ever experienced. | 非常不可思议的味道 |
[08:26] | Hmm, my mouth’s salivating. | 我都开始流口水了 |
[08:27] | My mouth is just full up. | 我的嘴里都是口水了 |
[08:28] | Don’t try this one at home. | 别在家试这个 |
[08:30] | No. I think the big rule of chillies | 不 我觉得最关键的 |
[08:31] | is just try a tiny bit. | 是只试一点点 |
[08:33] | And be careful of it on your hands and so your eyes. | 小心别碰到手然后弄到眼睛里 |
[08:36] | Definitely. | 绝对的 |
[08:37] | A couple of beers? Except beers… | 来点啤酒 除非啤酒… |
[08:39] | No, beers, man, no. | 不 不要啤酒 不要 |
[08:40] | Beers and wine that’s the worst thing | 吃完辣椒最好别喝酒 |
[08:42] | for chilli cos it makes it hotter. | 会更辣的 |
[08:43] | That’s right. What do you do use to | 对 你吃辣了 |
[08:45] | cool down if you’ve overdone it? | 一般怎么做 |
[08:46] | Yoghurt, milk and, erm, you know, | 喝酸奶 牛奶 还有 |
[08:49] | in India, they use the Lassies, | 在印度的话 他们会来点少女 |
[08:51] | like mango and yoghurt drinks. | 有点像芒果加酸奶的饮品 |
[08:53] | But this part, the red part of a chilli | 但是这部分 红色的这部分 |
[08:55] | is the least hot part, | 是辣椒最不辣的地方 |
[08:57] | and actually, it’s this | 实际上 是这些 |
[08:58] | white part here and the membrane layer there | 白色的部分 还有这层薄膜 |
[09:00] | and these seeds that are the really hot bit. | 还有这些籽才是真的辣 |
[09:03] | I think people forget that they | 我觉得人们忘了 |
[09:04] | actually can get petally, | 他们可以从 |
[09:06] | fragranty, perfumey, fruity flavours | 这些辣椒里 |
[09:09] | from a lot of these babies, and these ones here! | 得到花瓣的清香和水果的味道 |
[09:12] | I can safely say that in the world of chillies | 我敢打包票 在辣椒的世界里 |
[09:14] | size doesn’t really count. I mean, | 大小并不重要 |
[09:16] | the little ones can get you. | 这些小的就能辣死你 |
[09:28] | I’m gonna do a fantastic meat dish, | 我要做道很美味的荤菜 |
[09:30] | bigging up all of my peppers. | 用上我所有的辣椒 |
[09:32] | I’m using pork shoulder here, it’s off the bone. | 我要用到猪肩肉 剔完骨的 |
[09:35] | It’s a great cut of meat, good value. That’s two kilos. | 这块肉很不错 物有所值 这有两公斤 |
[09:38] | Just score it like that, | 像这样划几刀 |
[09:41] | and you can score down to the meat like that, | 再这么划几刀 |
[09:44] | and then that way. | 像这样 |
[09:48] | I’m just gonna season it up with salt… | 我要用点盐调味 |
[09:52] | ..Pepper. Pick it up, | 还有胡椒 拿起来 |
[09:54] | I’m gonna put it straight into the old pan. | 直接放到旧平底锅里 |
[09:57] | Now, skin side down first because | 猪皮那一面先朝下 |
[09:59] | I want to render the fat out. | 我要把油煎出来 |
[10:02] | You can put some olive oil in | 喜欢的话你也可以 |
[10:03] | there if you want, to just… | 加点橄榄油 |
[10:04] | help it along. | 加一点 |
[10:08] | So you want about 700 grams, each, of nice peppers, | 大概需要700克各种辣椒 |
[10:11] | and I’m not talking about heat or chillies, | 我说的不是那种辣的 |
[10:14] | I’m talking about lovely, fruity, incredible peppers. | 是那种可爱的多汁辣椒 |
[10:16] | Take the ends off. | 切下尾端 |
[10:24] | Take out the seeds. | 去籽 |
[10:33] | Don’t waste this bit, peel it off. | 别浪费 这点也剥下来 |
[10:34] | It’s all good stuff. | 这都是好东西 |
[10:40] | Once you’ve got the seeds out, | 去籽之后 |
[10:42] | gather them all up. | 把它们弄到一起 |
[10:46] | Now what I want to do, in no particular order, | 现在我要做的 不一定要按顺序 |
[10:49] | is slice up, as thin as you can, | 给辣椒切丝 越薄越好 |
[10:51] | but don’t be too worried about it. | 切的不够薄也没事 |
[11:09] | So chop these peppers up, put them over here. | 把辣椒切完之后 放在这 |
[11:14] | Now, let’s have a look at this pork. | 现在看看猪肉 |
[11:19] | Look at that beautiful colour. | 颜色多棒 |
[11:23] | Put this back out here. | 把它放这 |
[11:29] | In with the peppers. Wonderful colours. | 现在放辣椒 颜色真好看 |
[11:33] | In with two heaped | 再加满满两甜点匙 |
[11:36] | dessertspoons of paprika, | 辣椒粉 |
[11:38] | and I think this is really interesting, | 我觉得这很有意思 |
[11:40] | the way that you can use the fresh and dried. | 新鲜的和干的一起用 |
[11:42] | A good pinch of salt, | 一大撮盐 |
[11:45] | a bit of pepper. Spice-wise, | 一点胡椒粉 至于香料 |
[11:47] | I’m using caraway seeds here, | 我这加的是香菜籽 |
[11:49] | just two teaspoons. | 两茶匙 |
[11:50] | I’ll put that in a flavour shaker or | 把它放在调味瓶里 |
[11:52] | you can do that in a personaly alter | 或者其他容器里 |
[11:53] | Straight in, just crack it. | 放进去 弄碎它 |
[12:00] | And once you’ve done that, | 完成了之后 |
[12:01] | in with the caraway seeds. | 放香菜籽 |
[12:04] | So I’ve got these beautiful jarred peppers here, | 我这还有腌制辣椒 |
[12:07] | and what I love is that if I was | 我喜欢它的一点就在于 |
[12:09] | gonna blacken all these peppers, | 它不容易变质 |
[12:11] | takes a bit of time, and if you’re lazy, | 放的久一点也没事 就算你犯懒了 |
[12:13] | and we all can be, | 我们都会犯懒的 |
[12:15] | this is good. | 这个就很好用 |
[12:16] | Chop it up, | 切几下 |
[12:18] | in with the peppers… | 放进辣椒 |
[12:21] | like that. | 像这样 |
[12:23] | Onions, I want two onions. | 洋葱两个 |
[12:25] | Red onions, peeled and in half. | 红皮洋葱 剥皮切成两半 |
[12:31] | I’m just gonna finely slice these. | 把这些切丝 |
[12:42] | In with the onions. | 放进洋葱 |
[12:44] | From the herb department, | 现在该香料了 |
[12:46] | marjoram or oregano. | 马郁兰或者牛至 |
[12:48] | So just pull it off the stalks… | 就把它摘下来 |
[12:51] | like that. | 像这样 |
[12:54] | Get the marjoram in. | 放马郁兰 |
[12:57] | I’m gonna pour in a tin of tomatoes, | 我要放上一罐番茄酱 |
[12:59] | not a classic ingredient, | 不是必不可少的元素 |
[13:00] | but it does give it a richness. | 但是能丰富味道 |
[13:03] | So big flavours, perfect for this time of year, | 味道不错 在每年这个时候最适合吃 |
[13:06] | weather’s closing in, | 天开始变短 |
[13:07] | you want something to warm your cockles. | 想来点什么让身上暖起来 |
[13:10] | Right, shoulder. | 好了 放肩肉 |
[13:11] | Push it right to the bottom, | 捅到锅底 |
[13:12] | and then make a deal of pulling | 把辣椒弄到 |
[13:14] | these peppers around this pork, | 肉周围 |
[13:16] | smearing it over the top, | 给上面也涂点 |
[13:18] | and it’s all gonna cook together. | 弄到一起 |
[13:20] | And then you could use stock, | 你可以加高汤 |
[13:22] | but actually, I’m just gonna use water. | 不过我打算加水就好 |
[13:25] | I just want to cover it. | 水量加至没过猪肉为止 |
[13:28] | Then vinegar, very important, | 然后加醋 这很重要 |
[13:29] | about four tablespoons of good red wine vinegar, | 大概四汤匙上等红酒醋 |
[13:32] | to give it that twang. | 它能使肉变得香气扑鼻 |
[13:34] | Lid on top, bring it to the boil. | 盖上锅盖 让水煮沸 |
[13:36] | And then I’m gonna put that in an oven | 之后我们要把它搁到烤箱里 |
[13:38] | for about two-and-a-half hours, three hours, | 180摄氏度即350华氏度 |
[13:39] | at 180 Celsius, 350 Fahrenheit. | 烤上2.5至3小时 |
[13:43] | And the only time you know when it’s cooked | 什么时候才能确定做好 就是 |
[13:45] | it’s when you can get two forks, | 当你用两个叉子 |
[13:46] | and pull away the meat, | 把肉分开的时候 |
[13:47] | and if it’s just like sticky and gorgeous, | 它软嫩滑爽秀色可餐 |
[13:49] | and moreish and comes away easily, rock’n’roll. | 回味悠长还很容易撕开 那就棒极了 |
[13:53] | If it’s not, back in the oven, | 如果不行就还得把它放回去 |
[13:54] | and just be patient. | 得有耐心 |
[14:01] | Goulash has had two-and-a-half, | 这道红炖已经炖了两个半小时 |
[14:03] | two-and-three-quarter hours. | 到两小时四十分钟了 |
[14:03] | I’ve put some rice on, some basmati long-grain rice, | 之前我已经把印度香米 |
[14:06] | into salted boiling water, ten minutes’ boiling. | 放到加有食盐的水中煮了10分钟 |
[14:09] | I’m gonna drain this little baby over here. | 我要把这里面的水倒掉 |
[14:14] | I just want a plain, nice white rice. | 我只要晶莹剔透的白米 |
[14:20] | Catch some of that water, | 把刚才排掉的煮米水 |
[14:23] | just about half a pint of water in the bottom, | 留半品脱装在米碗之下 |
[14:25] | keep the heat on, | 来保持热度 |
[14:27] | cover it with tin foil or a plate. | 用锡纸或者盘子盖住 |
[14:29] | That’ll steam, that’ll go lovely and light. | 冒出的蒸汽会把香米变得无比轻盈可爱 |
[14:31] | And you know I like rice | 我喜欢那样 |
[14:32] | just plain like that because… | 口味天然的米 |
[14:33] | Let’s be honest, we’ve got | 看来我们最梦幻的 |
[14:35] | one of the most incredible stews, | 炖肉已经做好了 |
[14:37] | and the whole room smells incredible. Ooaaah. | 连整间屋子都充斥着梦幻般的香气 |
[14:41] | Let’s have a look. | 我们一起来看看它 |
[14:43] | Look at that. | 瞧啊 |
[14:48] | Oh, look that, you can put your finger | 手指轻而易举的 |
[14:49] | straight through it. | 就穿过去了 |
[14:50] | Ah, hot. Let’s have a little look. | 好烫 让我们看看 |
[14:52] | Oh, yeah, that’s brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[14:55] | Let’s try and mix this up, it should just fall apart. | 试着拌一拌 它应该自己就会分开 |
[14:57] | That is how you know you’ve got | 这也是你判断有没有 |
[15:00] | a wonderfully cooked bit of meat. | 把它做得恰到好处的依据 |
[15:01] | At this point, it doesn’t matter | 到现在 |
[15:03] | how you follow the recipe, | 你怎么照着食谱 |
[15:04] | what ingredients you use, | 用了什么材料都无关紧要 |
[15:05] | you’ve got to taste now and balance. So… | 你现在要做的就是尝尝味道再调整 |
[15:13] | Pepper’s there, sweetness, | 辣椒的味道 甜味 |
[15:15] | there’s a little bit of a hum there | 香菜的味道都在其中 |
[15:17] | of the caraway, fantastic. | 感觉太美妙了 |
[15:19] | So to serve it, I’ll put it in one of these. | 可以装盘了 把它装在其中一个盘子里 |
[15:22] | Help yourself, middle of the table, | 放在桌子中间尽情享用吧 |
[15:24] | it’s a real stew with personality, | 这道炖肉简直充满了人格魅力 |
[15:26] | Hungarian-stylie. | 匈牙利风味 |
[15:29] | I just… I just love it. | 我简直…我简直为之陶醉 |
[15:32] | One more. Happy days, look at that, whoarr! | 在放上点 真是美好的一天 瞧瞧 |
[15:36] | And then the rice. | 然后把米也装盘 |
[15:37] | I love the nuttiness of simply cooked rice. | 我喜欢经过简单烹饪的香米的劲道口感 |
[15:40] | But I’m not happy yet. | 不过现在我还不够满意 |
[15:41] | I wanna bring an element of freshness | 我要给健康风味增添一点 |
[15:43] | to that robust flavour. | 新鲜的元素 |
[15:44] | So I’ve got some sour cream. | 所以我准备了点酸乳酪 |
[15:46] | I’ve got some parsley. Handful of parsley. | 一把欧芹 |
[15:49] | I want my knife. | 我得找把刀 |
[15:52] | I’m gonna chop this little fella here up. | 我要把这帮小家伙们切一切 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna put most of it in there. | 然后大部分都放到酸奶酪中 |
[16:04] | Lemon zest. | 加点柠檬皮屑 |
[16:08] | I’m not gonna use lemon juice, just lemon zest. | 我不打算用柠檬汁 只是柠檬皮 |
[16:11] | Delicious. Really, really good. | 真的真的很美味 |
[16:13] | Stir it up… | 搅拌… |
[16:16] | like that. | 就这样 |
[16:19] | You can get a nice little wadge of this in here. | 你可以放一些在炖肉上面 |
[16:22] | Serve that at the table as well, | 也把它端到餐桌上 |
[16:24] | and as your guests come round the table, | 当你的贵客坐到桌边的时候 |
[16:26] | get a nice big old ladle of that | 盛一大勺 |
[16:28] | and let it melt its way around. | 让它与整道菜融为一体 |
[16:31] | It’s a real dish with attitude, that one. | 这真是一道有个性的菜 |
[16:33] | I like that. | 我喜欢极了 |
[16:44] | Out of all the things in the garden, | 你种在菜园里的菜 |
[16:45] | you get a glutter when you growing. | 很多用不完就坏了 |
[16:47] | I think chilli is one of the easiest | 我觉得辣椒是最好 |
[16:48] | things to deal with, | 处理的食物之一了 |
[16:50] | because it’s so incredibly easy to preserve. | 因为它难以置信的好存放 |
[16:52] | What I’d love to do is the flavoured salt, | 接下来我想要做的是调味盐 |
[16:54] | and a great thing about salt is | 盐的一个好处就是 |
[16:56] | that it, a kinda, somehow manages to preserve | 它们能够在某种程度上 |
[16:58] | and maintain their wonderful aroman | 保存和维持辣椒迷人的香味 |
[17:01] | and fruitiness of the chillies. | 和果香味 |
[17:04] | All I do is just cut the seeds out, | 我现在要做的就是切除辣椒籽 |
[17:08] | and that membrane bit, | 还有附着的膜 |
[17:09] | where most of that heat is. | 几乎所有的辣味都源于它们 |
[17:10] | So we’ve really got the fruity bit. | 现在我们得到了需要的部分 |
[17:12] | Also do use rubber gloves | 若要处理很多辣椒的话 |
[17:13] | if you gonna be handling a lot of chillies. | 务必带上橡胶手套 |
[17:17] | These little ones here.I won’t take | 这种小辣椒 |
[17:19] | the seeds out of these little ones. | 就不必去籽了 |
[17:20] | In a food processor, | 把处理好的辣椒 |
[17:21] | get your fruit in there, | 放到食品加工机里 |
[17:23] | lid on. | 盖上盖子 |
[17:25] | Cut it all up. | 搅碎它们 |
[17:27] | As soon as it’s done all the cutting that it can do, | 当机器已经不能把它们切得再碎了 |
[17:30] | take this off. | 就把盖子打开 |
[17:31] | You get a load of nice, good quality… | 你要加进去许多品质好的… |
[17:34] | sea salt. | 海盐 |
[17:37] | The smell right now is incredible. | 它现在散发的味道太不可思议了 |
[17:41] | That’s hot. | 呛到我了 |
[17:46] | And then, cos we’ve done this | 在我们用新鲜的辣椒 |
[17:49] | with fresh chillies, | 做完调味盐后 |
[17:50] | and you can do this with dried by the way. | 顺便一提 你也可以用风干的辣椒来做 |
[17:52] | What you’ll get… wow… | 得到的是… |
[17:54] | I can smell it straightaway. | 我都能直接闻到它的辣味了 |
[17:55] | What you’ll get is… | 你做完之后得到的是… |
[17:56] | This’ll be quite muggy, | 比较潮湿的盐 |
[17:57] | all my stuff when you’re on the beach, | 当你在沙滩上 |
[17:58] | you make a sandcastle, | 做沙堡的时候 |
[18:00] | you know the sand has to be | 每个人都知道 |
[18:01] | a bit damp to hold its shape. | 只有用潮点的沙子才能不使沙堡坍塌 |
[18:03] | Shake the salt… | 把盐放到托盘上 |
[18:06] | …onto a tray. | 晃一晃 |
[18:08] | You shake this out flat, | 平摊在托盘上 |
[18:10] | and leave that overnight, | 放上一夜 |
[18:11] | somewhere warm, a radiator, | 放在温暖的地方旁边 比如暖气 |
[18:13] | an airing cupboard. | 或者一个通风的橱柜 |
[18:14] | And when you come back to it in the morning, | 然后一觉醒来 |
[18:15] | it’ll be solid, like one big piece of salt. | 它就会坚硬的跟一大整片盐一样 |
[18:18] | Then you smash it up, | 然后你要把它弄碎 |
[18:20] | it’ll be totally dried, totally preserved. | 它就会完全干燥 很容易保存 |
[18:22] | If you put it straight into a jar, | 如果你把它直接放到罐子里 |
[18:24] | it’ll dry out and go rock solid. | 它会干硬的跟石头一样 |
[18:26] | No one makes chilli salt, | 没人做过辣椒盐 |
[18:27] | I’m telling you, it is rock’n’roll, mate. | 不过我得说 伙计 它简直太好用了 |
[18:30] | It can take a chicken breast, | 它有一种使鸡胸脯 |
[18:31] | a pork chop, a little bit of scallop or prawns | 猪排 扇贝 对虾 |
[18:34] | from being fine to like ”Wow, incredible.” | 从不过不失变成美味佳肴的魔力 |
[18:37] | I’m just gonna put this down. | 我得把它放下去了 |
[18:39] | And the funny thing is | 有意思的是 |
[18:40] | is for so many years now, | 当厨师这么多年 |
[18:42] | I’ve taken the tops off chillies, | 我一直在给辣椒去头 |
[18:43] | deseeded them, used the fruit, chucked away the seeds. | 去籽 拿到了果实就把籽给扔掉 |
[18:46] | And there’s really no need to. | 其实不必这样 |
[18:47] | They’re so, so easy to grow. | 种种它们也是不错的 因为很容易养 |
[18:50] | What you do is to get yourself some good | 你要做的就是买一罐 |
[18:51] | organic potting compost, | 优质有机肥 |
[18:53] | put your finger in, | 然后用手 |
[18:54] | you can probably get three lots in here, | 插3个洞 |
[18:57] | about a quarter of an inch deep. | 每一个洞的深度控制在0.25英寸左右 |
[18:59] | If you buy a chilli that you love, | 如果你买了你喜欢的辣椒品种 |
[19:01] | dry it, and you know when you | 把它风干 你会知道 |
[19:02] | can plant the little fellas, | 什么时候该种它的 |
[19:04] | cause it sounds like a little maraca in there. | 因为到时它会发出响葫芦一般的沙沙声 |
[19:06] | And all you do, is get a couple of seeds, | 之后你要做的就是把它的种子 |
[19:09] | drop them into each hole like that, | 放在每个洞里 |
[19:11] | so two shoots will come up. | 两个种子都会发芽 |
[19:13] | Hopefully, and eventually when they | 如果顺利 它们最终 |
[19:15] | get to about that size, | 会长成一定大小 |
[19:16] | one’ll be bigger than another, | 其中一个会更大些 |
[19:17] | just pull the weak one out. | 把小的拔出去就好 |
[19:18] | Really ornamental, really pretty, | 非常具有可观性 赏心悦目 |
[19:20] | and so all-round, a bit of a winner. | 而且功用之多 简直是才貌双全 |
[19:32] | For the first time we’re gonna do | 这是节目有史以来第一次 |
[19:34] | hot smoke in a biscuit tin. | 用饼干盒生热烟 |
[19:37] | And all I’ve done, is got a bit of chicken wire… | 我先前已经备好了细铁丝网 |
[19:40] | This, supermarket. Costs nothing. | 这是在超市拿来的 零成本 |
[19:45] | All right, I need to get some woodchips. | 接下来我要准备一些刨花 |
[19:47] | Now this is the stuff… to be honest, | 这个就是…说实话 |
[19:49] | this is for my rabbits. | 其实这是给我家兔子用的 |
[19:50] | It’s untreated shavings of wood. Get a handful here. | 是未经处理的刨花 拿出一大把 |
[19:54] | If you’re gonna use proper chips, | 如果你想用好点的 |
[19:56] | you can use cherry wood, | 可以选樱木 |
[19:58] | you know, all that business. | 考虑到它的优点 |
[19:59] | A little layer like that, get rid of this. | 像这样把他们铺成一层 把这个拿走 |
[20:04] | A bit of sage, a bit of rosemary. | 一点鼠尾草 一点迷迭香 |
[20:07] | That’ll all smoke up and be nice. | 有助于生烟 |
[20:10] | I’ve got two beautiful salmon fillets, | 我已经切好了两块上好的鲑鱼肉 |
[20:13] | and this is how we go, right. | 我们要这样处理 |
[20:14] | Salt. | 盐 |
[20:18] | This is last year’s chilli oil, | 去年做的辣椒油 |
[20:20] | I just roasted the dry chillies | 在烤箱里把干辣椒 |
[20:23] | in the oven for 20 minutes at 150, | 以150摄氏度烘烤20分钟 |
[20:26] | I added extra virgin olive oil | 然后加点特级初榨橄榄油 |
[20:28] | with it, mixed it up, bottled it. | 搅拌装瓶 |
[20:31] | Lovely. | 就做好了 |
[20:32] | Pat it all over, | 轻轻拍打鱼块 |
[20:35] | and the skin, both sides. | 两边都要抹匀调料 |
[20:39] | I’m gonna lay this onto the bars. | 然后把它放到铁丝网上 |
[20:45] | All I’ve done is get… | 接下来我要做的就是… |
[20:48] | like… | 像这样… |
[20:49] | a nail or a screwdriver… | 用钉子或者螺丝刀… |
[20:51] | Right, hole, | 扎一个洞 |
[20:54] | yeah? You want five or six holes. | 你得扎5到6个洞 |
[21:00] | Whack it on a gas stove. | 把盒子放在煤气灶上用大火烹饪 |
[21:04] | That lid’s gonna keep all the smoke in there, | 盖子会罩住所有的烟 |
[21:06] | and it’s all gonna be getting amongst the salmon. | 然后烟雾就会弥漫于鲑鱼周围 |
[21:09] | That’ll take four or five minutes to cook. | 大概要花4到5分钟时间 |
[21:10] | Really, honestly. | 然后 |
[21:11] | Now, in the time that it takes | 趁着这个空档 |
[21:13] | to do that, let’s do salsa. | 我们来做莎莎酱 |
[21:16] | Salsa… salsa… salsa is a fantastic thing, | 莎莎酱…莎莎酱这东西美妙无比 |
[21:19] | the key to a salsa | 做莎莎酱的关键 |
[21:21] | starts I think, with a chilli, right. | 我认为始于辣椒 |
[21:23] | It’s that whole sweet, sour thing. Couple of tomatoes. | 它是那么纯粹的甜酸 准备一些番茄 |
[21:28] | I want the freshness, crunchiness, of a cucumber, | 还要一些新鲜清脆的黄瓜 |
[21:31] | and then I want lime. | 然后还要点酸橙 |
[21:32] | Lime, oh, how important is lime? You want that “Swing”. | 酸橙太重要了 它会给你要的强劲口感 |
[21:35] | And then, of course, Mr Spring Onion, | 然后就是我们的大葱先生 |
[21:37] | two per person, | 每人份需要两根 |
[21:39] | and a pinch of coriander. | 再加上一小把香菜 |
[21:40] | Lovely. Right, tomatoes. Just take the end off. | 很可爱 然后我们把番茄的底部切掉 |
[21:45] | I’m gonna just squeeze the pips out | 我要把里面的籽都挤出去 |
[21:46] | down here. Here we go. | 开始啦 |
[21:50] | Slice it up like this. You can do it really roughly. | 像我这样切 你可以很粗鲁的对它 |
[21:56] | Get the tomatoes in there. | 把西红柿装盘 |
[21:59] | I’ve got three different chillies here, | 我准备了三种不同的辣椒 |
[22:00] | I’ll slice them up at the same time. | 我要同时切他们 |
[22:05] | And you can go as heavy or light | 切多少取决于 |
[22:07] | on the chilli as you so desire. | 你想要多辣 |
[22:11] | I like it hot, as you can well imagine. | 你能想象得到 我酷爱辣的 |
[22:17] | Now, chillies go in here. | 现在把辣椒也放进去 |
[22:19] | Limes, squeeze the old limes in there… | 挤点酸橙汁 |
[22:23] | With the cucumber. You can leave | 如果需要的话你可以 |
[22:25] | the skin on, if you want, | 把黄瓜皮留着 |
[22:26] | I’m gonna take most of it off. | 而我要把它们都切掉 |
[22:29] | Slice it down. | 竖着切 |
[22:37] | Slice across. | 切成细条 |
[22:41] | Twist it around. | 再转过来切 |
[22:50] | Straight in there, and then the glorious spring onion. | 把它们也放进去 然后到美妙的葱了 |
[22:53] | Cut it in half and then finely slice that little tiger. | 先对半切 再把这家伙切细 |
[23:03] | Once you’ve chopped it up, run your knife through it, | 如果已经切细了 就用刀子各种切 |
[23:06] | chop it up, mince it up. | 切碎它 使劲切 |
[23:13] | Then coriander. A few nice leaves here to go on top. | 然后是香菜 取下香菜叶 |
[23:18] | And then all these stalks. | 把剩下所有的茎 |
[23:19] | Coriander stalks, lovely,nothing wrong with that | 香菜茎 多可爱啊 |
[23:20] | crunchy, sweet, full of flavour, roll it up. | 嘎吱作响 清甜浓郁 把它卷起来 |
[23:28] | That’s enough. Just a little pinch, more than enough. | 这些就够了 一小撮就够多了 |
[23:30] | If I put more coriander than that, | 再多放一点的话 |
[23:32] | I think it’ll ruin it. So a little pinch of that. | 就会破坏风味了 所以一点就好 |
[23:35] | At this point, we’re gonna season with salt, | 现在我们要用盐调味 |
[23:38] | very important. | 非常重要 |
[23:39] | Tell you what I’ve forgotten, | 还有一样东西没加 |
[23:41] | Mr. Avocado. | 鳄梨先生 |
[23:43] | So halve the avocado, | 在鳄梨中间切个口 |
[23:46] | twist it, click it off like that. | 拧一下 像这样就能打开了 |
[23:49] | Get yourself a spoon, put the spoon | 拿个勺子 舀出来果肉 |
[23:51] | in like this, just like that. | 像这样 |
[23:55] | Nice. | 好极了 |
[24:01] | Slice it across, | 横切 |
[24:02] | any way that you want. | 你想怎么切就怎么切 |
[24:15] | And not so classic, | 说一下我的个人非传统做法 |
[24:18] | but I like to add a bit of oil, | 就是在里面加点油 |
[24:20] | just to bring it together. | 把它和其他的东西混在一起 |
[24:21] | Not too much, you want it to be quite clean. | 别加太多 我们还是希望清爽点 |
[24:24] | With the spoon, mix it around. | 用勺子拌匀 |
[24:26] | Really exciting. | 太令人兴奋了 |
[24:28] | I’m all over this, this is great. | 我拌匀了 很棒 |
[24:30] | Let’s check this salmon. | 我们来看看鲑鱼 |
[24:37] | Please work, otherwise I’ll look like a plonker. | 要成功啊 否则我得在观众面前出丑了 |
[24:41] | Yeah, come on! | 果然好了 |
[24:44] | As long as I haven’t overcooked it. | 但愿我没烹过头 |
[24:45] | No, there’s a bit of give there. | 没搞砸 弹性刚好 |
[24:47] | The colour… it’s not burnt, | 看颜色就知道 没有变焦 |
[24:48] | that’s the smoke that’s stuck to it. | 是烟附在鱼块上的颜色 |
[24:52] | Let’s get a spoon of this beautiful salsa on here. | 我们把一勺莎莎酱放到这里 |
[25:01] | Come on, Eileen. | 快看啊 艾琳 |
[25:06] | And that is such a brilliant, brilliant thing. | 这可真是个尤物 |
[25:11] | Let’s just finish it with a nice | 再加一点油和 |
[25:11] | bit of oil, half a lime. | 半个酸橙就大功告成 |
[25:17] | You know, just to squeeze over the top, | 只要挤在这道菜的上面就好 |
[25:19] | absolutely fantastic. | 绝对正宗 |
[25:20] | Let’s try a little bit. | 让我尝尝看 |