时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧它 |
[00:34] | All these squashes here. | 这些诱人的南瓜 |
[00:36] | Haven’t quite got my jacket on yet. | 我还没穿上厚夹克 |
[00:38] | And the leaves haven’t come off the trees. | 树叶也尚未飘零 |
[00:40] | But it is the beginning of autumn. | 但现在的确是秋初 |
[00:42] | It’s getting colder, and look at all these squashes. | 天气渐凉 看看这些南瓜 |
[00:44] | You know, they’re not all orange. | 它们不全是橙色的 |
[00:46] | There’s green ones, knobbly ones, ugly ones, pretty ones. | 还有绿色的 长疙瘩的 难看的 漂亮的 |
[00:49] | And look at this fella. | 看看这个大家伙 |
[00:51] | It must weigh about twenty kilos. | 一定有二十公斤左右 |
[00:55] | It’s really really heavy. | 实在是很沉 |
[00:57] | So, loads of beautiful squash. | 一车的美味南瓜 |
[00:59] | More than I could ever dream of eating. | 我一辈子都吃不完 |
[01:01] | And I’m gonna cook some classic recipes | 我将要做些大家都应熟知的 |
[01:03] | that eveyone’s got to know. | 经典菜肴 |
[01:04] | And I’ve got a few little experiments that I wanna play with | 我还想玩点小花样 |
[01:08] | that I think is gonna be delish. | 我相信会非常美味的 |
[01:21] | So, what I’m gonna do first of all is show you the basic way | 首先我要向大家展示 |
[01:25] | that I think just makes good squash absolutely rock ‘n’ roll, | 榨出南瓜所有鲜味的基本方法 |
[01:29] | really, really tasty. | 让人直流口水 |
[01:30] | Take the seeds out and give them a wash, | 把瓜籽掏出 清洗干净 |
[01:33] | put a bit of olive oil on them, salt, pepper, | 撒些橄榄油 盐和胡椒在上面 |
[01:34] | even hit it with a tiny bit of chilli, | 再加一丁点辣椒 |
[01:36] | and they’re almost like peanuts. | 几乎像花生一样 |
[01:37] | You can throw them in salads, | 能拌入沙拉中 |
[01:39] | on top of soups or stews, stuff like that. | 扔在汤锅或炖锅中 都随意 |
[01:42] | So cut these… | 然后把这些 |
[01:45] | into nice little boats. | 切成小船状 |
[01:48] | That can go into there. | 放到那去 |
[01:50] | I’ve got a slightly different one here, | 这只不太一样 |
[01:52] | which is in half like that. | 像这样切成两半 |
[01:56] | Fingers out the way, nice and safe. | 把手指移开 小心慢切 |
[02:01] | And exactly the same again. | 和之前的步骤相同 |
[02:03] | Just scoop out the seeds. | 把瓜籽舀出 |
[02:09] | Like that. | 就像这样 |
[02:10] | I have no idea what this squash is called. | 我对这种南瓜的学名完全没概念 |
[02:12] | All I know is it tastes really good. | 我只知道它的味道很美妙 |
[02:20] | So, I’ll cut these into boats again. | 这些也切成船状 |
[02:27] | Be very careful. | 小心别切到手 |
[02:29] | This is the base way of cooking it | 这种做法最容易上手 |
[02:31] | that will always get you out of trouble, | 不会让你手忙脚乱 |
[02:33] | whether you want to roast them in the middle of a table, | 无论是单独准备 |
[02:34] | when you do a big roast dinner, | 还是要做烧烤大餐 |
[02:36] | do this first then tear it up and put a little ricotta through it | 先这么做然后撕开塞点意式干酪 |
[02:39] | and make lovely pasta fillings. | 就能完成馋嘴的意面拌料 |
[02:41] | So a little bit of salt and pepper. | 放一点盐和胡椒 |
[02:44] | I wanna get flavor shaker or pestle and mortar. | 我要拿个调料摇拌器或杵臼 |
[02:47] | I want a little teaspoon of coriander seeds. | 倒入一小勺香菜籽 |
[02:51] | Would be enough. | 差不多够了 |
[02:52] | A little bit of red chilli, | 一点点红椒 |
[02:54] | Just enough to work with the sweetness of the squash. | 能和南瓜的甜味相调和就行 |
[02:58] | Just smack it open like that. | 像这样掰开 |
[03:00] | And then I want some cinnamon. Cinnamon’s really good. | 然后找些肉桂 肉桂很入味 |
[03:03] | Just to give it a nice little bit of spice and fragrance. | 增加些辣味和香味 |
[03:10] | I guess if it was powdered it would be about half a teaspoon. | 大约半茶匙肉桂粉 |
[03:14] | And then just give it a right good bashing up. | 然后使劲摇匀 |
[03:22] | Little bit of olive oil. | 洒一些橄榄油 |
[03:26] | And then once all this is smashed up, just sprinkle that. | 等调料摇匀了 撒在南瓜上 |
[03:30] | But the thing about coriander seed | 香菜籽值得一提 |
[03:32] | is it’s kind of like savoury, fragrant, which is just brilliant. | 可口开胃 芳香宜人 绝佳的调味料 |
[03:37] | And I think the trick is not too much oil so it’s greasy, | 关键在于别放太多油以免过腻 |
[03:39] | just enough to stick all of that loveliness onto it. | 只需恰到好处 集所有风味于一体即可 |
[03:43] | And you can just shake it into one layer, right. | 然后摇晃一下避免重叠 |
[03:46] | Straight in an oven at about 180 Celsius for about 45 minutes. | 放入烤箱 大约180摄氏度下烤三刻钟 |
[03:50] | Now, in here I’ve got some duck. | 这里还有只鸭子 |
[03:53] | It’s so simple to cook it I don’t want to show you. | 烧起来太简单我都不好意思介绍 |
[03:55] | Rub it all over inside and out with salt and pepper, | 里外全部涂满盐和胡椒 |
[03:58] | put it in the oven for two hours exactly at the same temperature. | 以同样温度烤两小时 |
[04:01] | This duck has had about an hour and a quarter, | 这只鸭子已经烤了大约一小时一刻钟 |
[04:04] | so I’m gonna turn that round, push that back, | 我就将它翻个身 再推回烤箱 |
[04:06] | and by the time that’s had about 45-50 minutes | 再等四十五至五十分钟 |
[04:09] | they’ll both be perfect | 它们就能双双完美出炉 |
[04:10] | and I’m gonna show you an incredible little dish. | 到时我将给大家献上一盘绝世美味 |
[04:19] | Right, so this has all had an hour. | 好 现在烤过一个小时了 |
[04:20] | I’ve even roasted off these | 我把这些可爱的小南瓜籽 |
[04:23] | lovely little pumpkin seeds, they’re nice. | 也烤过了 很不错 |
[04:25] | And look at that, dehydrated, | 看这儿 水分烤干了 |
[04:28] | gone nice and dry. | 恰到火候 |
[04:30] | Beautiful, nice and rich inside. | 里面金黄饱满 |
[04:32] | I’m gonna keep that at the mouth of the oven and the duck, | 把它继续放在炉口 再来看看鸭子 |
[04:34] | you can see how tender it is cos look, leg just twists off. | 无比鲜嫩 瞧 鸭腿直接能扭下来 |
[04:37] | So that’s good. | 很好 |
[04:39] | For the dressing, | 接下来做料汁 |
[04:43] | just start with a couple of limes. | 先切开两个青柠 |
[04:46] | And I want the juice. | 取它的汁水 |
[04:47] | Squeeze in the juice of the lime. | 把青柠汁挤出来 |
[04:51] | I’ll probably use one and a half limes in this. | 大概需要一个半青柠 |
[04:54] | Nice and acidic. | 酸酸的就很好 |
[04:55] | I’m gonna cut that with about 50% oil. | 用大约半碗的油稀释酸味 |
[04:59] | Not so much oil on this one, | 不需要太多油 |
[05:00] | cos I want it to be quite sour. | 因为我想要它酸味略浓 |
[05:02] | So about same again of oil. | 差不多这么多油 |
[05:05] | I’m gonna hit that oil with a few little drips, | 再滴上很少几滴 |
[05:08] | about a teaspoon of sesame oil, | 大概一茶匙的芝麻油 |
[05:10] | just to give it the beginning of that Asian feel. | 增加一丁点亚洲风味 |
[05:12] | Instead of seasoning it with salt | 我不打算用盐调味 |
[05:13] | I’m gonna put soya sauce in there, about a tablespoon. | 而是倒入差不多一汤匙的酱油 |
[05:17] | And then a teaspoon of unrefined sugar. | 再倒一茶匙粗糖 |
[05:20] | Sweet, sour, salty, it’s all beginning to happen. | 又甜又酸又咸 混合成奇异的新口味 |
[05:24] | And then heat. | 再来点火辣 |
[05:25] | I want to grate some chilli. | 我要磨些辣椒粉 |
[05:28] | You get a slightly different flavour for some peculiar reason, | 由于些特殊原因口味会略有不同 |
[05:31] | and also it stops all the seeds here and the skin, | 辣椒籽和皮被留在上面 |
[05:34] | so we can shake that off. We don’t want him. | 于是能被拍掉 我们不需要 |
[05:36] | And all that in there is really, really good, fragrant chilli. | 剩下来的是辣椒最棒最香的部分 |
[05:41] | So that can go in there. | 把这些放进去 |
[05:44] | I want some garlic. | 还需要些大蒜 |
[05:45] | I want about half a garlic | 大概半瓣 |
[05:47] | and then on the grater again. | 同样用磨碎器磨 |
[05:51] | Just enough to give it a really good hum. | 不多不少 让味蕾兴奋地颤抖就好 |
[05:54] | I’ve got some nice spring onions here, only about four or five. | 这儿还有几根葱 四五根左右 |
[05:57] | So for the white bit we just very finely slice | 将白色的根部 |
[06:01] | waffa-thin bits of the spring onion, | 细细地切 |
[06:03] | cos I want to sprinkle that on top of and in and around my salad. | 因为我将要把它拌进沙拉 |
[06:08] | As I get about halfway through, I’ll stop. | 大约一半处停下 |
[06:12] | The rest of this, I’m gonna slice nice and finely. | 剩下的这部分 要认真仔细地切 |
[06:15] | If you put very, very finely | 如果将切得非常细的葱 |
[06:16] | chopped or bruised onions into a dressing, | 或者说细如发丝的葱放入料汁中 |
[06:19] | it’s like putting Parmesan in a risotto. | 就好像把帕尔马干酪加进意式调味饭 |
[06:21] | It links everything together and makes it delish. | 它会将所有味道整合为两个字 美味 |
[06:23] | So slice that up. | 切完后 |
[06:26] | That goes in the dressing. | 放进料汁 |
[06:28] | Lovely. | 漂亮 |
[06:29] | I’ve got some coriander and some mint. | 再拿点香菜和薄荷叶 |
[06:33] | So just pull those mint leaves off like that | 把薄荷叶像这样扯下 |
[06:36] | and now with this coriander, really chunkily chop the first half. | 将这些香菜 前半截切成长条 |
[06:41] | You can push that to the side, | 把它们推到一边 |
[06:42] | and then this lot I’m gonna finely slice. | 然后把剩下的细细切 |
[06:46] | Loads and loads of flavour in the stalks. | 浓郁芳香尽在茎中 |
[06:50] | So once you’ve chopped it off, get that into the bowl | 切完后 放入碗中 |
[06:53] | like that. | 像这样 |
[06:56] | Stir it, get everything mixed up, and then taste. | 搅拌 混合均匀 然后尝一口 |
[07:02] | Right, that needs a little bit more lime. | 好 还需要些青柠汁 |
[07:05] | The chilli’s brilliant. | 辣椒味道刚刚好 |
[07:07] | I’d say if anything, go slightly OTT on the lime. | 稍微多放点青柠总没错 |
[07:13] | Amazing. I’m really happy with that. | 太妙了 我很满意 |
[07:16] | Put that here, nice. | 放在这儿 很好 |
[07:18] | Now, let’s get my squash and my seeds. | 现在该把南瓜和南瓜籽拿来了 |
[07:20] | And then there’s my duck. | 还有我的鸭子 |
[07:25] | And what I want to do now | 接下来要做的 |
[07:26] | is just take the meat off the breast like that. | 就是把胸脯肉撕下来 |
[07:35] | With the two forks break things up. | 用两副叉子将肉撕碎 |
[07:37] | You’ve got that lovely crispy skin, | 烤鸭皮酥松香脆 |
[07:39] | the lovely melt in your mouth meat that falls off the bone. | 与骨头自然分离 入口即化的鸭肉 |
[07:42] | Pick up some of this duck, like this. | 把鸭肉拿起来 像这样 |
[07:47] | Put a few of the seeds in here. | 倒入南瓜籽 |
[07:52] | Put a few of the squash in here, | 再放入南瓜 |
[07:55] | a handful of the mint and coriander, | 抓一把薄荷叶和香菜放进去 |
[07:57] | and half of that spring onion. | 以及那一半葱 |
[07:58] | The duck and the squash is still warm so don’t muck about. | 鸭肉和南瓜还热着所以要抓紧时间 |
[08:02] | Lightly dress it with some of this beautiful, | 将沁人心脾 馋涎欲滴的 |
[08:04] | zingy, fragrant Asian-style dressing. | 亚洲风味料汁撒上 |
[08:07] | With the tips of your fingers just toss it up, beautiful. | 用指尖拌一拌 太诱人了 |
[08:11] | I like to squeeze it into the plate like that. | 捏紧后放入盘中 |
[08:17] | A few nice bits of meat | 几片爽口鸭肉 |
[08:20] | and another bit of pumpkin just to big it up, | 另加一块南瓜 将整个菜撑大 |
[08:23] | cos it is all about pumpkins after all. | 毕竟南瓜才是主角 |
[08:24] | A few little bits of mint, | 几片薄荷叶 |
[08:26] | coriander, | 香菜 |
[08:29] | spring onions. | 葱花 |
[08:35] | And that is a really, really nice… | 这就是超级美味的 |
[08:40] | Asian-style pumpkin warm salad. | 亚式南瓜温沙拉 |
[09:04] | So, look. Everything’s looking a bit barren now. | 看 荒凉渐渐侵蚀进来 |
[09:07] | It’s summer sort of holding on by its bare fingertips. | 夏天的尾巴还恋恋不舍 |
[09:10] | The sun is sitting lower. | 阳光角度越来越斜 |
[09:12] | Everything seems really golden, when it’s not raining. | 晴天时 金灿灿的一片 |
[09:15] | Over there, even though the tomato plants | 看那里 尽管番茄树 |
[09:17] | are completely barren and died back, | 完全枯萎没了生气 |
[09:19] | you’ve got those beautiful beautiful tomatoes | 但还挂着鲜艳欲滴的小番茄 |
[09:21] | which still eat really, really well. | 味道还十分甜美 |
[09:23] | And these pumpkins and squash here, | 瞧这些南瓜 |
[09:26] | you know, they all look different. | 长相形形色色 |
[09:28] | Don’t worry about how much seed they’ve got, | 别担心有多少籽 |
[09:30] | but you want a reasonably softish skin. | 但有相对柔软的瓜皮很重要 |
[09:33] | And you’d be amazed, a reasonably hard skin | 但让你意想不到的是 相对较硬的瓜皮 |
[09:35] | can cook really, really soft. | 也能做出很软的效果 |
[09:37] | It takes a really hard skin not to be edible at all. | 只有非常硬的瓜皮才压根不能食用 |
[09:40] | This meat here, | 再看瓜肉 |
[09:42] | we’re looking for quite dense, dryish looking flesh, | 我们需要的是饱满 稍干的瓜肉 |
[09:45] | that’s a really good eater. | 口感会最好 |
[09:47] | Brilliant, brilliant vegetable, loads of fun. | 深有奥秘的蔬菜 欢乐多多 |
[09:49] | What I’m gonna do today | 今天要做的是 |
[09:51] | is crop every single one of them with Brian | 和布莱恩一起收割每一种南瓜 |
[09:54] | and make a massive big pile. | 堆成一座小山 |
[10:08] | Ok. I’m gonna do a dish with a butternut squash. | 好 这道菜要用到一个胡桃南瓜 |
[10:11] | It’s so simple, right, and my kids love these. | 方法很简单 我的孩子们都超喜欢 |
[10:14] | Cup cakes. | 纸杯蛋糕 |
[10:15] | So what I want is to carefully cut the squash, | 首先小心地将南瓜切块 |
[10:20] | slice these little fellas up. | 把这些家伙切开 |
[10:25] | And what I’m after is 400 grams of squash. | 然后称四百克南瓜 |
[10:29] | Like a pack of butter and a half, really. Perfect. | 和一包半黄油重量差不多 正好 |
[10:32] | I’ve left the skin on this, notice. I’ve washed it. | 注意到南瓜皮还留在上面 洗净过 |
[10:35] | Butternut squash skin you really don’t have to peel, | 胡桃南瓜皮完全不需要切除 |
[10:37] | even into soups or risottos or pastas. | 甚至是做汤 意式调味饭或意面时都不用 |
[10:40] | When it cooks it goes so deliciously chewy and delicate and soft, | 烧熟后会变得无比柔软 滑爽耐嚼 |
[10:44] | it’s not a problem, I promise you. | 完全不用担心 听我的 |
[10:46] | So, in here. | 放进去 |
[10:57] | Just let it go down until you can get it as fine as you can. | 待它搅拌至最佳状态 |
[11:00] | When it stops getting any smaller, | 没法再被碾碎之后 |
[11:02] | sugar, 400 grams. | 称四百克糖 |
[11:05] | I’m using unrefined brown sugar | 使用粗红糖为的是 |
[11:07] | for flavour and for nutrition as well. | 它的甜味以及丰富营养 |
[11:10] | That can now go straight in. | 然后全部倒入 |
[11:14] | And then it’s just about loading this little baby up. | 然后就只需喂饱这只饥饿的搅拌器 |
[11:17] | So, four eggs. | 打四个鸡蛋 |
[11:28] | A little pinch of salt, because I’m gonna be adding flour. | 捏一小撮盐 因为接下来我要放面粉 |
[11:35] | So, 300 grams of plain flour, that goes in as well. | 三百克中筋面粉 也倒入其中 |
[11:42] | And then I’ve got some baking powder. | 还需要一些发酵粉 |
[11:43] | Obviously that’s gonna give it the air, the lift, | 当然是为了蓬松胀开 |
[11:46] | and the sort of softness in there. | 吹弹可破的效果 |
[11:48] | I want two good heaped teaspoons of that, | 需要满满两茶匙的糖 |
[11:54] | like that. | 像这样 |
[11:56] | And then I want a teaspoon of cinnamon. | 接着加入一茶匙肉桂 |
[11:59] | Cinnamon and squash are really really good friends. | 肉桂和南瓜是好搭档 |
[12:02] | So in with that. | 倒入 |
[12:05] | Handful of walnuts, get them in there, | 一把核桃 放进去 |
[12:10] | and as far as fat’s concerned instead of using butter or lard, | 低脂起见 我不会用黄油或猪油 |
[12:13] | what I like to use is extra virgin olive oil, | 而是用特级初榨橄榄油 |
[12:16] | but not a peppery one, quite a creamy one. | 但不是香辣的 而是乳香的那种 |
[12:19] | 175 millilitres. | 一百七十五毫升 |
[12:20] | Of course you can use sunflower oil, | 当然也能用葵花籽油替代 |
[12:23] | but this is much better for you. | 但橄榄油更健康 |
[12:27] | You can see I’ve just put it all together, dead simple. | 只需把所有东西都扔一起 没法更简单了 |
[12:31] | Whazz it all up. | 全力搅拌 |
[12:33] | Once it’s had a nice little mix-up, | 等全部搅拌完毕 |
[12:35] | I’m gonna get it into here. | 就倒入这些模具中 |
[12:38] | Just clean down the sides. | 防止粘在四周的壁上 |
[12:45] | Now, once I’ve done that, | 这一步完成后 |
[12:47] | what you’ve got to do is fill these babies up | 然后只需把这些可爱的小纸杯填满 |
[12:50] | about three quarters of the way. | 装满四分之三 |
[13:03] | Also the nice thing is I’m gonna use half of this recipe now | 现在我可以用一半的配料 |
[13:06] | to do 12 squash cup cakes, | 来做12个南瓜纸杯蛋糕 |
[13:09] | and then the other half I can put in the fridge, | 另外一半可以放在冰箱里 |
[13:12] | and the baking powder | 反正发酵粉 |
[13:13] | isn’t activated until it gets to the heat anyway, | 要达到一定温度才会发酵 |
[13:15] | so that’ll be great for tomorrow, | 到明天都不会变质 |
[13:17] | and then you’ve got lovely fresh muffins again. | 到时候又能有新鲜出炉的小松饼了 |
[13:21] | Put them into the oven. | 把它们放进烤箱 |
[13:25] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[13:26] | So cook them for about 20 minutes | 烘烤20分钟左右 |
[13:28] | at 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit. | 温度设定在180摄氏度 即350华氏度 |
[13:32] | Bob’s your uncle. | 易如反掌 |
[13:38] | Right. I’ve got these out of the oven. | 好啦 我已经把蛋糕取出烤箱 |
[13:39] | They’ve been out for 10 minutes. | 冷却了10分钟 |
[13:40] | They’ve cooled down now. | 已经冷却下来了 |
[13:41] | The way to check that they’re perfectly cooked | 要检验它们烤得好不好 |
[13:43] | is to get a knife, put it in, right into the middle. | 只要用小刀戳蛋糕中间 |
[13:47] | If it comes out clean, it’s perfect, really, really good. | 拔出来 如果小刀很干净 说明烤得非常好 |
[13:50] | If it’s not, pop it back in the oven. | 如果小刀不干净 继续烤吧 |
[13:52] | So, these have been cooling for about 10 minutes. | 这些蛋糕已经冷却了10分钟 |
[13:54] | What I want to do now to make them absolutely delicious | 现在 为了使蛋糕绝顶美味 |
[13:56] | is make a nice frosted, creamy topping. | 我要制作奶油雪顶 |
[13:59] | Flavour-wise, I’m gonna be using a clementine. | 为了增加香味 我要用克莱门氏小柑橘 |
[14:02] | All the lovely, fine zest, reminds you of Christmas | 这可爱诱人的风味 会让你想起圣诞节 |
[14:05] | and all those lovely things, | 和那些可爱的小玩意儿 |
[14:07] | but then I want to do exactly the same with a nice lemon. | 我还要将一只柠檬做相同处理 |
[14:11] | So, like that. | 就像这样 |
[14:15] | And I’m gonna use a little bit of the lemon juice as well | 我还要用一点柠檬汁 |
[14:19] | to give it a real twang. | 给它真正的酸爽口感 |
[14:23] | Scoop that up and put that in. | 舀出来 放进碗里 |
[14:26] | Then I’ll cut that in half | 把柠檬切成两半 |
[14:28] | and squeeze the juice | 挤出汁来 |
[14:31] | straight into that bowl. | 挤到碗里 |
[14:34] | Once I’ve done that | 做完这步 |
[14:35] | I want to get the whole creamy thing happening. | 我要开始做出奶油的感觉了 |
[14:36] | I’m using sour cream. | 我要用酸奶油 |
[14:42] | If you can, use vanilla extract or a vanilla pod. | 有条件的话可以酌情使用香草精或香草荚 |
[14:46] | Just run your knife all the way down it, | 只要用刀从头到尾划开 |
[14:48] | and then use your knife to scrape out | 然后 用刀挖出 |
[14:50] | all those incredible little seeds, look at those. | 这些神奇的香草籽 看看它们 |
[14:53] | And then icing sugar. | 然后加糖粉 |
[14:55] | I reckon, | 我估计要 |
[14:57] | two tablespoons of icing sugar, | 两大汤匙的糖粉 |
[15:00] | and depending on the sourness of the lemon | 根据柠檬的酸度 |
[15:02] | you might need to adjust that a bit, | 你要酌情调整糖粉的量 |
[15:03] | but I think that’ll be all right. | 这样应该差不多了 |
[15:05] | That’s also gonna thicken the sour cream as well. | 这样做会让酸奶油变浓 |
[15:11] | So give it a really good mix-up | 好好搅拌一会儿 |
[15:13] | and then have a taste. | 然后尝一尝 |
[15:16] | Incredible, really, really nice. | 很不错 好吃 好吃 |
[15:17] | I’ll tell you what that tastes like, | 我来告诉你什么味道 |
[15:19] | That taste just like when you’re a kid, | 就像小时候吃的 |
[15:21] | and you have little sherbet dips. | 冰冻果子露 |
[15:22] | I’m just gonna load this onto here. | 把它浇到这上面 |
[15:26] | Be as generous as you think you can afford to be, | 尽量多浇一点吧 |
[15:29] | without having it pour all over the place. | 也不要多到浇得到处都是 |
[15:32] | And as it sits there | 浇上去以后 |
[15:33] | it will soak into the top of the cake a little bit | 奶油会略微渗透进蛋糕顶部 |
[15:36] | and also will firm slightly because of the icing sugar. | 也会稍稍凝固 因为里面有糖粉 |
[15:45] | There you go, last one. | 好啦 最后一个 |
[15:48] | And to serve it… | 装点一下上桌 |
[15:50] | One’s already dripping over. | 这只已经滴下来了 |
[15:53] | Like that. | 像这样 |
[15:57] | Fit them in. | 放上去 |
[15:59] | He can go on top. He can go around. | 这只放顶层 这只放边上 |
[16:03] | Push him around, him around, him around. Beautiful. | 把它往边上推点 他靠边 靠边 漂亮 |
[16:07] | A bit more clementine | 再拿点克莱门氏小柑橘 |
[16:09] | and you can grate it again over the top. | 你可以在顶上刮 |
[16:13] | And then, | 然后 |
[16:15] | lavender, dried lavender that I cut from summer. | 薰衣草 我夏天采的干薰衣草 |
[16:19] | Just give it a scrunch, and just get, just a tiny bit, | 碾碎 只要抓一点点 |
[16:22] | a little level teaspoon, | 一小茶匙的样子 |
[16:24] | and just sprinkle it | 把它从高处 |
[16:26] | from high, over it | 洒下来 洒遍了 |
[16:28] | and you’ll get a tiny bit of that flavour. | 就能带上一点点香味 |
[16:30] | Absolutely delish. | 相当美味 |
[16:31] | We’re all allowed to get a bit feminine sometimes. | 有时我们可以表现得淑女一点 |
[16:49] | So, what are we doing here, Bri? I know it looks very pretty. | 我们在干嘛呢 布莱恩 我知道它看着很漂亮 |
[16:53] | It’s not like you to just do things cos they look pretty. | 追求美貌 这可不像你 |
[16:56] | No, I’m just stacking them up now | 不 我只是在把它们堆起来 |
[16:57] | to help them cure off a bit before we take them indoors. | 以便在它们被搬进屋子之前 熟得更透一点 |
[17:01] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:02] | Harden them off, make the skin tougher, get the flesh a bit riper. | 让它们更硬 让表皮更硬 让果肉更熟 |
[17:07] | A sunny windowsill’s fine for a while, | 可以在有阳光的窗台放上一阵子 |
[17:09] | or a greenhouse, as long as it’s frost-free. | 或者放在温室里 只要没有霜 |
[17:12] | Pumpkins last the shortest period, | 南瓜不耐久 |
[17:14] | but some of the squashes, I’ve had them last over a year. | 但是有些南瓜 我保存了超过一年 |
[17:18] | – Have you really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[17:19] | – I mean, look at the colours, man, they’re so beautiful. – Yeah. | -看看这些颜色 真漂亮啊 -是啊 |
[17:22] | On the planting front, | 在种植的前院内 |
[17:26] | – you can plant them straight into the soil, can’t you? – Yeah. | -你可以把它们直接种进土里 是吧 -是的 |
[17:29] | What, a thumb, about two inches deep? | 多深 一个拇指深 大概五厘米吗 |
[17:30] | An inch to two inches deep. They love a good, | 二点五到五厘米深 它们喜欢土质优良 |
[17:33] | rich soil, a good sunny spot. | 土壤肥沃 阳光充足的地方 |
[17:36] | – They like the sun, don’t they? – They love the sun, | -它们喜欢阳光 是吧 -它们爱阳光 |
[17:38] | and the seeds are nice and big | 这些种子大而饱满 |
[17:40] | so they’re great for kids to grow. | 很适合让孩子们种着玩 |
[17:42] | So any squash that I buy or eat and enjoy and like, | 所有我买的 吃的 喜欢的南瓜 |
[17:46] | if I really like it, can I save the seeds and plant them? | 如果我喜欢它 我可以把籽留下种南瓜吗 |
[17:50] | You can save the seeds, that’s easy, | 你可以把籽留下 很简单 |
[17:52] | but if you’ve grown a lot like this, | 但是如果你种了很多这样的 |
[17:54] | they can actually hybridise amongst each other. | 它们会互相杂交 |
[17:56] | And it’ll come out looking bonkers? | 它们样子会不正常吗 |
[17:58] | It will do. I’ve done that in the past | 的确会这样 我以前试过 |
[18:00] | we get even weirder shapes and colours, | 我们还种出过更奇怪的形状和颜色 |
[18:02] | and obviously they originated in South and Central America, | 显然 它们原产于中南美洲 |
[18:06] | but lots of different countries now, | 但现在它们在很多不同国家都有 |
[18:09] | especially Europe and so on, have taken pumpkins and squash, | 尤其是欧洲等国 也开始种南瓜 |
[18:14] | and then bred their own varieties that do well. | 继而培植出自己的品种 |
[18:16] | I wonder which one’s the Italian one, | 我想知道哪种是意大利南瓜 |
[18:18] | – just let’s look for the most flamboyant one. – Yeah. | -找找看最艳丽的 -对 |
[18:33] | Right, so I’m gonna do a beautiful pumpkin soup. | 好了 我要做美味的南瓜汤 |
[18:36] | You could use any good, dense pumpkin you like. | 你可以任选一只紧致的优质南瓜 |
[18:39] | I’m using the Musk de Provence. | 我用的是普罗旺斯麝香南瓜 |
[18:40] | You could use the onion squash, the butternut squash, | 你可以用洋葱南瓜 冬南瓜 |
[18:45] | whatever you feel might be appropriate, give it a bash. | 你觉得哪种合适 不妨试一下 |
[18:47] | Slice this up into big old flabs, | 把它切成大块 |
[18:51] | push that just to one side. | 放到一边 |
[18:54] | Here I have some basic soup ingredients – | 我这儿有些煲汤的原料 |
[18:56] | a couple of carrots, a couple of garlic cloves, a couple of onions, | 两根胡萝卜 两片大蒜瓣 两只洋葱 |
[19:00] | a couple of celery sticks, and that is the base of the soup. | 两根芹菜 这些就是汤料 |
[19:04] | I want to roughly chop the celery | 我要把芹菜切成大块 |
[19:08] | cos I’m gonna puree this soup, | 因为我要熬浓汤 |
[19:09] | I’m gonna whiz it up with a hand blender | 我会用搅拌机把它搅匀 |
[19:11] | so it’s nice and silky, so, at the end of the day, | 它会变得美味柔滑 到最后 |
[19:14] | if it’s a little bit chunky, it really doesn’t matter. | 如果它有点粗短 真的没有影响 |
[19:18] | Onion – cut it in half. | 洋葱 切成两半 |
[19:22] | Just roughly slice it again. | 再切成大块 |
[19:32] | I’m using red onions, because I just prefer the flavour of them, | 我用的是红洋葱 因为我比较喜欢它的味道 |
[19:35] | but you know, you can use white ones if you want. | 不过 你也可以用白洋葱 |
[19:38] | So in this pan I’m going to pour some olive oil, | 我要在锅里倒些橄榄油 |
[19:42] | and in with the onions and celery. | 把洋葱和芹菜倒进去 |
[19:49] | So get that over there, that’ll start sweating off. Woo hoo hoo! | 把它放在那儿 就会滋滋冒烟 |
[19:52] | So, with the carrots, do exactly the same, slice them up. | 同样处理胡萝卜 切成块 |
[19:57] | And then with the garlic, | 大蒜呢 |
[20:01] | run your knife through it like that. | 像这样切 |
[20:05] | In with the carrots and the garlic, and while we’re here, | 把胡萝卜和大蒜放进去 这个时候 |
[20:08] | rosemary, just the nice little fine leaves. | 迷迭香 只要几片完好的小叶子 |
[20:13] | A little pinch of salt | 加少量盐 |
[20:15] | and pepper, give it a shake, straight back on the heat again. | 胡椒粉 摇一摇 继续加热 |
[20:20] | So while that’s ticking away, | 在煮的同时 |
[20:21] | I want to just chop these pumpkin pieces into chunks. | 我要把这些南瓜块切成大块 |
[20:24] | Now, I want about three kilos, | 我要大概三千克 |
[20:28] | and I’m gonna cook it today in a pressure cooker. | 今天我要用高压锅煮 |
[20:31] | You can do it in a pan, of course, | 当然 你也可以用平底锅 |
[20:34] | and you’d want to simmer it with chicken stock | 你可以把它和鸡汤炖上 |
[20:35] | for half an hour, 40 minutes. | 半小时 40分钟 |
[20:36] | But with a pressure cooker, it’s so quick. | 但是用高压锅 实在太快了 |
[20:41] | Like that. | 这么切 |
[20:43] | So throw it all into this base vegetables, | 把它们都扔进这些蔬菜汤料里 |
[20:48] | and once you’ve got the squash in there, | 把南瓜放进去以后 |
[20:51] | get it back over to the heat, | 放回灶上加热 |
[20:53] | pour in two litres of chicken stock. | 加入两公升鸡汤 |
[21:00] | Just fill it up to about an inch from the top. | 加到离锅顶还差两三厘米 |
[21:03] | With the pressure cooker, so far it looks like a normal pan, | 目前这个高压锅看上去还像个普通锅 |
[21:06] | you could put a lid on top, with this, you’ve got a special lid. | 你可以盖上盖子 这是个特殊的盖子 |
[21:11] | Press the button. It’ll clutch onto it, | 按下按钮 盖子会固定住 |
[21:13] | it’ll keep all the boiling moisture in, | 它能让所有的水蒸气都留在锅内 |
[21:15] | so the pressure will get higher and higher, | 压力就会越来越大 |
[21:17] | which basically means that it pushes flavour into things | 就是说 它能把味道压到食材里 |
[21:21] | and it cooks things twice, three times as quick. | 用它煮东西要快两三倍 |
[21:23] | Now, while this is coming to the boil, | 在等待它沸腾的同时 |
[21:25] | I want to have a little bit of a re-work on kind of a crouton, | 我要先重新处理下这个油煎面包块 |
[21:30] | so I’m gonna go much more Italian stylee. | 我这道菜更偏向意大利式 |
[21:32] | I want a slice of the ciabatta. | 我需要几片意大利面包 |
[21:35] | Like that. I’ve got a pan here that’s been heating up. | 像这样 我这儿有个预热过的平底锅 |
[21:39] | A little bit of olive oil in the pan, OK. | 加入少量橄榄油 |
[21:44] | And I’m just gonna pick some sage. | 我要拿些鼠尾草 |
[21:46] | Pick the sage leaves in. | 采几片鼠尾草叶放进去 |
[21:51] | 40 seconds, the room starts to smell incredible. | 只需40秒 房间里就会香气弥漫 |
[21:58] | Give them a good old fry up. | 把它们好好煎一下 |
[21:59] | As soon as you think they’ve gone crispy | 你觉得它们变得很酥脆了 |
[22:00] | and they go a darker green colour, bring it over here. | 它们变成深绿色 就拿到这儿 |
[22:06] | Push it off, one side. | 从一边把它们捞出来 |
[22:09] | Just like that, onto the board like that. | 像这样 捞到砧板上 |
[22:13] | Now in here you’ve got left some olive oil, right, | 现在 你这儿还有一些橄榄油 对吧 |
[22:16] | but it will taste incredible now. | 但它现在很入味了 |
[22:19] | So then you can get your ciabatta, | 把意大利面包 |
[22:21] | turn it round in the oil, take it out. | 在油里滚一下 拿出来 |
[22:23] | Turn it round in the oil, take it out. | 在油里滚一下 拿出来 |
[22:25] | So that’s gonna flavour your toast. | 这能让面包更香 |
[22:29] | Get rid of the oil. I’m gonna put that back on the heat, | 把油倒掉 把锅放在灶上加热 |
[22:33] | and then while this is here, I’m gonna get some parmesan | 面包在这儿 我要拿些帕尔玛干酪 |
[22:38] | and I’m gonna grate it, | 我要把它刮碎 |
[22:39] | and that’ll stick to the oil and stick to the bread, | 它会粘在油上 粘在面包上 |
[22:43] | and then you can kind of pat it down and then turn it over. | 然后 轻拍几下 把面包翻个身 |
[22:49] | Pat. | 轻拍 |
[22:50] | And once you’ve done that, | 这一步完成后 |
[22:52] | then we can put this back into the pan dry, | 我们可以把它放进平底锅里烤干 |
[22:57] | like a minute or so, and it’ll just go golden on both sides. | 过一分钟左右 面包两面都会变得金黄 |
[23:00] | And you can see this is boiling now. | 你看 这儿已经沸腾了 |
[23:04] | So once the toast has been in there a little bit, | 面包在这儿放了一会儿 |
[23:06] | you can turn them round. | 你可以把它们翻过来 |
[23:09] | Just turn it over. | 翻个身 |
[23:12] | Lovely colour. You can see how the cheese has just cooked into the bread, | 多好看的颜色 你能看到干酪渗进了面包里 |
[23:16] | and it’s toasted, all at the same time, | 干酪和面包同时被烤熟了 |
[23:19] | it’s like croutons with a bit of attitude, you know. | 好像这面包块会耍性子一样 |
[23:27] | This soup has had about six minutes boiling. | 这锅汤已经沸腾了大约6分钟了 |
[23:30] | Just gonna release…the steam. | 把蒸汽放出来 |
[23:36] | Just get a nice blender. | 拿个搅拌机 |
[23:39] | Plug it in. | 插上插座 |
[23:44] | There you go. Look at that. | 好啦 看看这汤 |
[23:48] | We check if the squash is cooked. | 检查下南瓜有没有煮熟了 |
[23:52] | There you go, completely obliterated like that, fantastic. | 好了 完全煮烂了 太好了 |
[23:55] | Soup in…six minutes. | 熬汤用了6分钟 |
[24:01] | Whazz it up. You can see it going from being chunky and brothy | 随着搅拌 你会发现 汤从有点结块 浓稠 |
[24:06] | to bits of silkiness coming up. | 开始变得有点柔滑 |
[24:14] | We have a little taste. | 尝一口 |
[24:21] | Needs work. | 还要加工 |
[24:23] | Seasoning | 加调料 |
[24:24] | salt and pepper, and then I’ll give it another whazz. | 盐和胡椒粉 然后我要再搅拌一下 |
[24:31] | Taste it again. | 再尝一口 |
[24:38] | Tiny, tiny a little bit more. | 还要加一点点 |
[24:40] | And that is an incredible soup, really really good. | 这汤太美味了 超级好喝 |
[24:44] | Really pleased for that. | 太满意了 |
[24:46] | And then to serve it | 上桌前 |
[24:48] | in a nice bowl, put a crostini in the middle, | 找个碗 在中间放上一片烤面包片 |
[24:51] | push it down, right, | 把它压下去 |
[24:53] | and then you put one sticking out like that. | 然后 让另一个像这样伸出来 |
[24:59] | Just pour it in there, in the middle. | 在中间浇上汤 |
[25:05] | And that, people are gonna go crazy over those croutons, | 这些烤面包片会好吃得让人抓狂 |
[25:08] | they’re gonna fight over them, | 人们会争抢一空 |
[25:09] | so you might as well make sure you do double. | 所以 你最好做两份 |
[25:12] | And look at the colour of that beautiful soup. | 看看这汤的颜色 漂亮极了 |
[25:15] | And that soup, that will soak into the crostini. | 汤会渗透进面包片 |
[25:18] | And then to finish it, that lovely crispy sage | 最后 加上酥脆馨香的鼠尾草 |
[25:24] | and a nice bit of good quality extra virgin olive oil. | 再滴上几滴特级初榨橄榄油 |
[25:29] | Nice. | 好极了 |