时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | That’s me. Jane Quimby. | 这就是我 简·昆比 |
[00:07] | My life is a little complicated right now. | 我现在的生活有一点复杂 |
[00:09] | I landed my fashion dream job working for her, | 我得到了梦想中的时尚工作 |
[00:11] | Gray Chandler Murray. | 效力于她 格雷·钱德勒·莫里 |
[00:13] | The only problem, they think I’m an adult. | 唯一的问题是 他们以为我是成年人 |
[00:15] | Now I am juggling two secret lives, | 如今我游走于两种秘密生活 |
[00:17] | one in high school and one in high fashion. | 一种在高中校园 一种在时尚殿堂 |
[00:19] | Previously on Jane By Design… | 《设计人生》前情回顾… |
[00:21] | It’s all good. I’ve got this, Cam. | 小卡 没事了 我来搞定 |
[00:22] | How’d this dirtbag get in the party anyhow? | 这个垃圾是怎么进这个聚会的 |
[00:24] | You’re right, bro. | 你说得对 老兄 |
[00:25] | Look, he doesn’t want any trouble, okay? He’s just… | 他并不想招惹什么麻烦 他只是… |
[00:27] | He’s just trash. | 他就是个垃圾 |
[00:28] | You can dress up all you want, | 你愿意穿什么都行 |
[00:30] | but you’re still trash, too. | 但你依旧也只是个垃圾 |
[00:32] | Even if you’d been kidnapped by a family of senators, | 即使被一家子参议员绑架了 |
[00:35] | you’d still want to be a baseball player. | 你还是想成为一名棒球运动员 |
[00:37] | – What? – Nothing. It’s just… | -怎么了 -没什么 只是… |
[00:39] | I’m enjoying this. Getting to know you better. | 这让我很开心 因为可以更加了解你 |
[00:42] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[00:43] | And that’s why my new accessories line for spring | 这就是为什么我春季的新配饰系列 |
[00:45] | is the next big thing. | 是下一个重要推荐 |
[00:47] | And that thing is neon. | 那就是霓虹 |
[00:48] | Neo-African neon. | 新非洲霓虹 |
[00:51] | Do you have something to add, Jane? | 你有什么要补充吗 简 |
[00:52] | Maybe young people are interested in what’s new, but… | 也许年轻人是对新鲜事物感兴趣 但是 |
[00:55] | they want to define themselves. | 他们想要定义他们自己 |
[00:58] | Interesting point, Jane. | 很有意思的观点 简 |
[00:59] | It is? | 那就是 |
[01:00] | The problem with taking on someone like India | 和英蒂安这样人较量的问题就是 |
[01:02] | is that you’re taking on someone like India. | 你挑战的是英蒂安那样的人 |
[01:05] | You put yourself in the tiger’s cage, | 你把你自己置于猛虎的笼中了 |
[01:07] | expect to get bitten. | 等着被咬吧 |
[01:12] | Every pattern begins with one thin line, | 每一张图纸都是从一条细线开始的 |
[01:17] | then comes to life with each stroke, | 然后一笔一笔使之生动起来 |
[01:20] | becoming more and more complex as the design takes shape. | 设计的样式让它变得越来越复杂 |
[01:34] | Life is sort of like a dress pattern. | 生活就像是一张服装设计图 |
[01:36] | It can start simply, | 开始很简单 |
[01:38] | but suddenly become hopelessly complicated. | 却突然变得复杂而无望 |
[01:45] | Oh! I’m late. | 我迟到了 |
[02:08] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[02:14] | I do. | 是的 |
[02:41] | So, we’ve got Wrightsville this weekend. | 这周末我们要对战的是Wrightsville |
[02:43] | I was talking with them last week and they said | 上周谈话时 他们说 |
[02:46] | they’re gonna beat us. | 一定会打败我们 |
[02:48] | You know what, that was last season. | 你们知道吗 这是最后一季了 |
[02:50] | So, let’s get pumped | 所以我们来打气吧 |
[02:52] | ’cause we’re gonna crush them! | 因为我们一定会打败他们的 |
[02:57] | Jane, seriously, why are we even here? | 简 说真的 我们为什么来这 |
[02:59] | I thought we hated pep rallies. | 我以为我们都讨厌集会的 |
[03:01] | Historically, yes. But we’re playing Wrightsville, | 以前是的 但是我们对战的是赖茨维尔 |
[03:04] | and they’re our archrivals. | 他们是我们的主要竞争对手 |
[03:06] | I didn’t realize we had archrivals. | 我还真不知道我们有竞争对手呢 |
[03:08] | Of course we do. | 我们当然有 |
[03:12] | And we lost to them last year, | 去年我们就输给他们队了 |
[03:13] | so this is a really important rematch. | 所以这次比赛非常重要 |
[03:16] | Or is it a replay? A reboot? | 或者该叫重演 还是重启 |
[03:19] | What? There was a whole editorial about it in the school paper. | 怎么了 校报上有一整版都在讲这个 |
[03:28] | Too cool for the wave now? | 人形波浪很酷吧 |
[03:30] | On the contrary. Not cool enough. | 正好相反 傻透了 |
[03:35] | Yes! | 是的 |
[03:41] | – See, that wasn’t so bad, was it? – Ooh. | -也不是很糟吧 不是吗 -噢 |
[03:45] | Jane! | 简 |
[03:50] | So, are you pumped? | 你打气了吗 |
[03:52] | Are you ready to crush… | 你准备好打败… |
[03:53] | Ooh! Sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[03:55] | I was kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[03:57] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[04:03] | Right, you know, I think I’m gonna get out of here. | 好吧 我想我还是离开这的好 |
[04:06] | Oh, wait. No, no, no, no! Stay. Right? | 等等 不不不 留下来 行吗 |
[04:09] | Right. | 好啊 |
[04:10] | Right! | 好 |
[04:12] | Look, man, I’m sorry about the other night at my party. | 老兄 那晚聚会上的事真的很抱歉 |
[04:14] | Cam, guy’s a jerk. | 小卡那小子是个混蛋 |
[04:16] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 没关系啦 |
[04:17] | – If I had known that was going on… – No worries. | -我要是知道事情会那样 -不用担心 |
[04:18] | – …I wouldn’t have let it get so out of control. – It’s fine. | -我不会让他那么失控的 -没事 |
[04:22] | Okay. Well, this is good. | 好吧 这很好 |
[04:27] | We’ve now cleared the air. And so we are all good, right? | 现在误会解除了 我们之间没事了吧 |
[04:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[04:35] | Okay. So, we’re still on for tonight. | 好 那今晚的计划照旧 |
[04:37] | The three of us at The Rack. | 我们三个一起去 |
[04:39] | Just some pool. Some food. Super simple stuff. | 游个小泳 吃个小饭 很简单的事 |
[04:42] | – Actually, tonight I’m… – I can’t tonight, I… | -事实上 今晚我…-今晚我去不了 |
[04:43] | Okay, look, we are doing this. | 好了 听着 我们都得去 |
[04:47] | You are my best friend, and you are… | 你是我最好的朋友 你是… |
[04:50] | well, I guess we’re still figuring that out. | 我们的关系还需要进一步确定一下 |
[04:54] | Yeah, we are. | 是的 没错 |
[04:56] | All right, I’ll see you guys tonight. | 好了 你们两个今晚见 |
[04:57] | – At 8, okay? – All right. | -八点见 -好的 |
[05:03] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:05] | Why are you making me do this? | 你为什么非要让我这么做 |
[05:08] | Because things have been tense between you guys | 因为自从在尼克的聚会发生那件事之后 |
[05:10] | ever since Nick’s party. | 你们两个之间的关系就很紧张 |
[05:12] | Yeah, that’s because you were right. | 是的 因为你之前说得对 |
[05:14] | We’re not like those people, Janey. We never were. | 我们和那些人不一样 小简 从来都不一样 |
[05:17] | And trying to fit in, it’s… | 想要试着去融入他们… |
[05:19] | it’s just not worth it. Trust me. | 真的很不值得 相信我 |
[05:21] | Nick is different, Billy. And I like him. | 尼克和他们不一样 比利 我喜欢他 |
[05:26] | Please give him a chance. | 求你再给他一次机会 |
[05:28] | I never asked you to hang out with Lulu. | 我从来也没要求过你和露露一起玩儿 |
[05:30] | Exactly. You never asked. | 的确是 你从来没要求过 |
[05:33] | What? So, if I would’ve asked… | 怎么 你的意思是如果我要求了… |
[05:35] | Well, I guess we’ll never know, will we? | 我猜这个答案谁也不会知道了 是吧 |
[05:39] | – Have you talked to her at all? – Nope. | -你跟她提过吗 -没有 |
[05:43] | Just say you’ll go tonight, okay? | 今晚一定去 好吗 |
[05:45] | For me? | 为了我 |
[05:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:49] | You never know. I mean, maybe you guys will have so much in common. | 也许你们之间有很多共同语言也说不定呢 |
[05:52] | Yeah, I hate to break it to you, Janey, | 我讨厌打断你 小简 |
[05:54] | but Fadden and I, zero in common, all right? | 但是我和费登 不会有共同语言的 |
[05:58] | Other than you. | 当然除了你啦 |
[06:01] | Don’t you have a train to catch? | 你不是要赶火车的吗 |
[06:02] | Yes, let’s go. | 对了 我们走吧 |
[06:10] | That’s my favorite one of them. | 这是我最喜欢的一张 |
[06:15] | Your mom was really pretty. | 你妈妈真的很漂亮 |
[06:16] | Yeah. I’m sure she still is. | 当然了 我相信她现在依旧很漂亮 |
[06:21] | Wherever she is. | 不管她在哪 |
[06:25] | I’ve got to get to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[06:26] | – Boom! – Thank you. | -嘣 -谢谢你 |
[06:28] | I will see you tonight, okay? | 今晚见 好吗 |
[06:39] | Jane… | 简 |
[06:40] | Billy, you promised. | 比利 你答应过我的 |
[06:43] | I’ll be there for you. | 为了你我会去的 |
[06:44] | I’ll see you at 8:00. | 八点见 |
[07:00] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿 什么情况 |
[07:02] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[07:03] | Oh, my God. Is that… | 老天哪 那是… |
[07:05] | Charlotte Whitmore. | 夏洛特·惠特莫尔 |
[07:07] | What? Are you telling me… | 什么 你的意思是… |
[07:08] | Donovan designed her wedding dress. | 多诺万负责设计她的婚纱 |
[07:09] | Just arrived from Paris. | 刚从巴黎过来的 |
[07:11] | You’re kidding. I mean, she is practically… | 不是开玩笑吧 她可以算得上是… |
[07:12] | American royalty? | 美国皇室 |
[07:14] | There’s no such thing. | 根本没这名头 |
[07:15] | Close enough. You realize she’s marrying… | 差不多了 你知道她嫁的是… |
[07:17] | – The crown prince of Denmark. – Yeah, we know. | -丹麦的皇储 -我们都知道 |
[07:19] | We also read from time to time. | 我们有时也会看看报纸的 |
[07:22] | So, Donovan scored the gown of the year, but I’m confused. | 多诺万赢得了年度礼服 我不明白了 |
[07:24] | Since when do we design wedding dresses? | 我们什么时候开始设计婚纱了 |
[07:26] | – We don’t. – Until now. | -我们不设计 -从现在开始 |
[07:27] | It was a major coup, very top secret. | 这是一个巨大的改变 高层机密 |
[07:29] | Donovan dazzled the bride. | 多诺万让新娘眼花缭乱了 |
[07:31] | And now every who’s who and Page Six in the city… | 现在城里所有的名人还有《第六页》 |
[07:34] | Um, in the country. | 是全国 |
[07:35] | …will be talking about Donovan Decker | 都会谈论多诺万·德克尔 |
[07:36] | designing the Whitmore wedding gown. | 设计了惠特莫尔的婚纱 |
[07:39] | And you two aren’t excited because… | 你们两个这么兴奋是因为… |
[07:42] | Because this… | 因为这是… |
[07:44] | Is the moment of truth. | 见证历史的一刻 |
[07:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:54] | You don’t know. | 你不知道 |
[07:58] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[08:00] | What don’t you like? | 你对这条裙子哪里不满意 |
[08:02] | I said I don’t know. | 我说过了 不知道 |
[08:05] | I’m just not sure this is it. | 我就是不能确定这是我想要的 |
[08:10] | Charlotte, if I may, | 夏洛特 请允许我说句话 |
[08:11] | I think you look stunning in this dress. | 我认为你穿这条裙子简直美翻了 |
[08:14] | Yes, but is it the one? | 没错 不过这就是我的婚礼礼服了吗 |
[08:18] | I believe it is. | 我想是的 |
[08:24] | What do you think? | 你有什么看法 |
[08:25] | I think it’s perfect. | 我认为它很完美 |
[08:28] | And you? | 你说呢 |
[08:29] | Oh, love it. Perfection. | 爱死它了 完美无缺 |
[08:34] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[08:37] | You. | 你 |
[08:40] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[08:41] | Um, Jane. It’s Jane. | 简 我叫简 |
[08:44] | Do you like my wedding dress, Jane? | 你觉得我婚礼礼服好看吗 简 |
[08:47] | I, um… | 我 呃 |
[08:49] | Jane, this is Miss Whitmore. | 简 见过惠特莫尔小姐 |
[08:54] | Miss Charlotte Whitmore. | 这可是夏洛特·惠特莫尔小姐 |
[08:57] | Great. Okay. | 知道了 |
[08:59] | Well, now that we’ve got all that straightened out, | 好了 疑惑消除 |
[09:02] | back to my question. | 我们回归正题吧 |
[09:04] | Do you like my wedding dress, Jane? | 你觉得我的婚纱礼服怎么样 简 |
[09:09] | I… | 我 |
[09:12] | love it. | 爱死它了 |
[09:30] | What don’t you like about it? | 你觉得这条裙子哪里不对劲 |
[09:31] | Oh, I didn’t say that I didn’t like it. | 我没说它不好啊 |
[09:33] | I said I love it, which is… | 我说我可喜欢它呢 |
[09:35] | – But you hesitated. – No, I didn’t. | -但是你犹豫了 -没 我没有 |
[09:36] | Yes, you did. | 你明明就有 |
[09:38] | I think she was just pausing in admiration. | 我想她大概是感慨裙子太美而一时语塞 |
[09:45] | Jane, | 简 |
[09:49] | this is my wedding dress. | 这可是我结婚时要穿的裙子 |
[09:50] | This is the most important dress I will ever put on. | 这是我小半辈子穿过的最重要的裙子 |
[09:54] | Do you understand? | 你能理解吧 |
[09:56] | All eyes will be on me, and this dress… | 我会成为众人瞩目的焦点 这条裙子 |
[10:00] | this dress needs to be perfect. | 它必须完美无瑕 |
[10:03] | It needs to be the one. | 举世无双 |
[10:06] | So, please. Tell me the truth. | 所以 拜托 跟我说说你的真实想法 |
[10:10] | What do you think of this dress? | 你觉得这裙子到底怎么样 |
[10:15] | Go on, Jane. Tell her the truth. | 说吧 简 说出你的真实想法 |
[10:18] | Yes, Jane. Tell Miss Whitmore what you think of the dress. | 没错 简 告诉惠特莫尔小姐这裙子怎么样 |
[10:21] | You want me to… | 你想让我 |
[10:22] | Yes, go on. | 没错 说吧 |
[10:24] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:28] | Well, I think… | 我觉得 |
[10:33] | It’s a little fussy. | 有点装饰过度了 |
[10:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[10:42] | Fussy. | 装饰过度了 |
[10:49] | I think what Jane meant was… | 我觉得简的意思是 |
[10:50] | She meant what she said, Mr. Jones. | 她所讲即所感 琼斯先生 |
[10:53] | Now, my wedding is in exactly three weeks. | 现在 距我婚礼还有三周时间 |
[10:56] | I’m giving Donovan Decker | 最晚到明天中午 |
[10:58] | until noon tomorrow to come up with a new dress. | 我要你们整个杂志社给我做出一条新裙子 |
[11:01] | No, with the perfect new dress! | 不 要一条崭新完美的裙子 |
[11:05] | Or I’m moving on with another designer. | 否则我将另请高明 |
[11:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:26] | We have an extremely high-profile client | 这位客户声名显赫 |
[11:28] | with a non-negotiable deadline. | 态度强硬 不肯在最后限期上做出让步 |
[11:30] | Donovan worked on that wedding dress for months, Jane. | 多诺万为这条礼裙忙了好几个月了 简 |
[11:32] | And now… | 如今 |
[11:33] | I know. I didn’t realize who she was at first, and… | 我知道 我一开始没反应过来她是谁 |
[11:36] | Charlotte Whitmore is the sort of person | 夏洛特·惠特莫尔绝对有能力 |
[11:39] | who can put a designer’s name on the map. | 使任何设计师声名鹊起 |
[11:41] | Who can take us to the next level. | 她能使我们的事业上一个新的台阶 |
[11:43] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的十分抱歉 |
[11:44] | It’s a little late for sorry, Jane. | 现在说抱歉于事无补 简 |
[11:46] | In Jane’s defense, we did tell her to be honest with Charlotte. | 不能全怪简 我们确实曾告诉她说实话 |
[11:50] | You’re never honest with the client. | 你永远不能对客户说实话 |
[11:52] | – You’re not? – Never. | -你们都这么做吗 -永远都不说 |
[11:54] | Okay. What are you supposed to tell them? | 好吧 那你们都对客户说些什么呢 |
[11:57] | What they want to hear. | 他们想听什么我们就说什么 |
[11:58] | Nothing more. | 一句都不多 |
[11:59] | Nothing less. | 一句都不少 |
[12:01] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[12:03] | Charlotte’s given us until noon tomorrow | 惠特莫尔给我们的最后期限是明天中午 |
[12:05] | before she goes to another designer. | 不然她就要换设计师了 |
[12:07] | Donovan is on a plane for the next six hours. There’s no time. | 多诺万之后六小时都在空中 没时间了 |
[12:10] | I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[12:11] | Maybe Jeremy could work on it and… | 或许杰里米可以帮忙 |
[12:15] | or not. Or not. Not. | 要么还是算了 算了 没事 |
[12:17] | She’s right. You’ll have to do it, Jeremy. | 她说的没错 你得顶上 杰里米 |
[12:20] | You have to redesign the gown. | 你要重新设计那套礼服 |
[12:22] | Me? But I don’t do wedding dresses. | 我 但是我没设计过婚礼礼裙 |
[12:25] | Now you do. | 那就从现在开始吧 |
[12:29] | If we do not pull this off, | 如果这件事我们都搞不定 |
[12:30] | we’re gonna look like idiots. Do you understand? | 我们就被动了 懂吗 |
[12:32] | That dress needs to be perfect. | 这条礼裙必须十全十美 |
[12:33] | I’ll call you back in a few hours. | 我稍后打给你 |
[12:35] | – Betsey! – Gray! | -Betsey -格雷 |
[12:40] | So, tell me everything. | 快跟我说说内幕吧 |
[12:42] | How’s the Whitmore wedding dress coming along? | 惠特莫尔婚礼礼裙怎么样了 |
[12:44] | – Honestly? – Yes. | -你要听实话 -是的 |
[12:46] | Well, it’s a show-stopper. | 目前出了点小状况 |
[12:49] | Oh, boy! Goody, goody! | 哦 老天 好耶 好耶 |
[13:01] | Well, look at it this way. | 这样 换个角度思考这件事 |
[13:03] | I mean, if anyone can do it, you can. | 我是说 如果别人能行 你也能行 |
[13:05] | Jane, this is serious. | 简 这可不是儿戏 |
[13:07] | No, I know. | 我知道啊 |
[13:09] | And it’s not your fault. It’s mine. | 而且这不是你的错 是我的错 |
[13:11] | If I can’t turn this wedding gown around, | 如果我不能扭转乾坤 |
[13:14] | your little outburst may very well | 就因为你一句小小的脱口而出 |
[13:16] | have cost me my job. | 我却要丢掉工作了 |
[13:18] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[13:23] | It’s okay. I… | 算了 没关系 |
[13:26] | Just get ready for a long night. | 准备好苦战一夜吧 |
[13:53] | – What’s up, Nick? – Hey, Billy. | -嗨 尼克 -嗨 比利 |
[13:56] | Where’s Jane? | 简在哪儿 |
[13:57] | Oh, she’ll be here. She usually runs about 15 minutes late or so. | 她快到了 她一般都要晚到一刻钟左右 |
[14:02] | You’re 15 minutes late. | 你已经晚了一刻钟了 |
[14:03] | Yeah. Sorry about that. | 没错 不好意思啊 |
[14:05] | You know, I had to have Ben drop me off. | 你知道 我要搭本的顺风车 |
[14:06] | We don’t all have cars. | 不是所有人都有车啊 |
[14:08] | I didn’t mean it that way. | 我不是那个意思 |
[14:10] | Oh, it’s cool. | 没事 |
[14:14] | So. | 那么 |
[14:16] | You been here long? | 你等很久了吗 |
[14:18] | – About 15 minutes. – Right. | -我也就等了十五分钟 -好吧 |
[14:19] | You know, that doesn’t surprise me. | 你知道吗 我一点都不吃惊 |
[14:21] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没事 |
[14:23] | No. What doesn’t surprise you? | 你说什么东西让你一点都不吃惊 |
[14:24] | Oh, you just have a very punctual vibe. | 你身上有一种守时的气质 |
[14:27] | I have a punctual vibe? | 守时的气质 |
[14:29] | Yeah. You seem like the kind of guy | 对啊 你看上去就像那种 |
[14:30] | who would never be late for anything. | 无论做任何事都不会迟到的人 |
[14:33] | Is that a bad thing? | 这样很糟糕吗 |
[14:34] | No, no! Not at all. It’s who you are. | 不 一点也不 这就是你的作风啊 |
[14:36] | I mean, personally, I like to keep ’em guessing. | 我的意思是 本人更喜欢让别人去猜 |
[14:39] | – Keep who guessing? – Exactly. | -让谁猜 -没错 |
[14:44] | So did you get here early | 你来得这么早 |
[14:45] | just so you could warm up on the pool table? | 就是为了预先熟悉一下环境吗 |
[14:47] | I didn’t get here early. I was on time. | 我没有早到 我只是按时到而已 |
[14:49] | Okay. Fair enough. | 好吧 很好 |
[14:51] | You any good? | 玩得怎么样 |
[14:52] | – At pool? – Yeah. | -台球吗 -对啊 |
[14:55] | Let’s just say pool is not my best sport. | 这么说吧 我不太擅长台球运动 |
[14:57] | – It’s a game. – What? | -不过是个娱乐项目 -什么 |
[14:58] | Pool. You just called it a sport. | 台球 你刚才称台球为一项运动 |
[15:01] | I think it’s considered a sport. | 我认为台球应该算是一项体育运动 |
[15:02] | No way, dude. It’s a game. | 错了 兄弟 只是一个娱乐项目 |
[15:04] | Okay, fine. Whatever. Let’s just wait for Jane. | 好吧 随你怎么说 咱们就等简吧 |
[15:14] | I need ideas and I need them fast. | 我需要灵感 急需 |
[15:16] | What about you? What’ve you got? | 你都有什么想法 说说看 |
[15:18] | No. You? | 没有是吧 你呢 |
[15:22] | That’s terrible. | 那太可怕了 |
[15:24] | You. | 你呢 |
[15:26] | Really? | 没搞错吧你们 |
[15:28] | I’m going under here, people. | 我遇到瓶颈了 同志们 |
[15:31] | Haven’t any of you got anything? | 你们当中没有一个人有点像样的想法吗 |
[15:33] | I’ve got until tomorrow to pull this out of a tailspin | 我要在明天之前力挽狂澜 |
[15:36] | and if I can’t… | 要不然 |
[15:38] | Wait. Do you hear that? That ticking noise? | 你们听到了吗 嘀嗒嘀嗒的声音 |
[15:42] | That’s not a clock. That’s a time bomb! | 那不是钟表 是定时炸弹 |
[15:46] | I meant my career. | 我是说 我的事业 |
[15:49] | You know what? It’s late. We’re all out of ideas. | 你猜怎么着 太晚了 大家思源枯竭 |
[15:52] | We’re tired. You should just go. | 大家都累了 散了吧 |
[15:54] | Go home. All of you. | 大家都各回各家吧 |
[16:01] | I’ll just sit here, alone, failing. | 我就一个人坐在这 等待失败的到来 |
[16:06] | You really know how to empty a place. | 你的清场工作做得不错嘛 |
[16:09] | Well, you’re still here. | 你们怎么还没走 |
[16:10] | We’re not gonna leave you. | 我们不会抛弃你 |
[16:12] | Especially not in your time of incredibly self-composed need. | 尤其是在这种的时刻 你必须镇定下来 |
[16:17] | What am I gonna do? | 我还能做些什么呢 |
[16:19] | It’s gonna be fine. | 一切都会好的 |
[16:21] | – We’ll help. – You will? | -我们会帮你 -真的吗 |
[16:24] | Of course we will. | 当然了 挺你到底 |
[16:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[16:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:41] | Dude, feel free to dig in. | 兄弟 随意点 别客气 |
[16:43] | No, thanks. I’m good. | 谢谢了 我不饿 |
[16:45] | What, you don’t like nachos? | 怎么 你不爱吃玉米脆片吗 |
[16:47] | I love nachos. | 我爱 |
[16:47] | I just think we should wait for Jane. It’s polite. | 但出于礼貌 我认为我们应该等等简 |
[16:50] | That’s another vibe you have. | 这又是你的另一种特质 |
[16:53] | What? The polite vibe? | 哪种 讲礼貌吗 |
[16:54] | Yep. And I mean no offense. | 是啊 无意冒犯 |
[16:59] | Can you check on Jane? | 你能联系下简吗 |
[17:00] | I told you. She’ll be here. | 我和你说过 她会来的 |
[17:03] | Mmm, there she is now. | 瞧 有消息了 |
[17:12] | What’d she say? | 她怎么说 |
[17:13] | Remember when I said, “She’ll be here”? | 还记得我说”她会来的”吗 |
[17:16] | She’s not coming. | 她来不了了 |
[17:17] | – She said to say she’s sorry. – Right. | -她说她很抱歉 -没关系 |
[17:19] | – It’s her… – Internship. | -她在… -实习 |
[17:20] | Apparently the most demanding internship in the world. | 这显然是世上最劳心费力的实习 |
[17:23] | Does your girlfriend do this to you? | 你的女朋友会这样应付你吗 |
[17:25] | Make you wait and not show up places? | 让你苦等着 最后放你鸽子 |
[17:27] | I don’t like to discuss my personal life. | 我不想谈论我的私人生活 |
[17:29] | No offense. | 别介意 |
[17:30] | Right. You like to keep ’em guessing. | 是啊 你喜欢让人捉摸不透 |
[17:32] | Exactly. | 说得没错 |
[17:35] | Wait. Time out. | 等等 打个岔 |
[17:36] | Did you just refer to Jane as your girlfriend? | 你刚才把简比作你的女朋友 |
[17:39] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[17:40] | It kind of sounded like you did. | 听着确实是那回事哦 |
[17:42] | Well, I mean, we’ve kind of been getting pretty close in the last… | 我想说 我们确实在最近亲密了不少 |
[17:45] | You know, actually, scratch that. | 这样 算了 还是不说这个 |
[17:47] | I really don’t like to talk | 我也真心不太喜欢 |
[17:48] | about other people’s personal lives either. | 谈论别人的私生活 |
[17:51] | All right. This has been great and a lot of fun. | 好吧 今晚过得很愉快 |
[17:53] | But I think I’m gonna head out, Billy. | 但我要先走一步了 比利 |
[17:56] | Look, you know… | 你知道吗 |
[17:59] | Jane organized tonight | 简安排了今晚 |
[18:00] | so that we could get to know each other better. | 为了让我们更好地了解对方 |
[18:03] | Seemed important to her. | 这对她来说似乎很重要 |
[18:04] | That’s certainly going well. | 显然卓有成效 |
[18:07] | You know I like nachos. | 你知道了我爱吃玉米脆片 |
[18:10] | Everybody likes nachos. | 没人不爱啊 |
[18:11] | You know I’m better than you at pool. | 你知道了我比你更擅长台球 |
[18:14] | I never said you were better than me. | 我可从未承认过这一点 |
[18:15] | I said it wasn’t my best sport. | 我说过这并非我的拿手项目 |
[18:18] | It’s a game. And that sounds like a challenge. | 这是个游戏 貌似你想比划比划 |
[18:21] | Grab a stick, Fadden. | 挑杆吧 费登 |
[18:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:34] | How’s it going? | 进展如何 |
[18:35] | Honestly, I’ve been sketching for hours. | 老实说 我打了几个小时的草稿了 |
[18:38] | I’ve tried everything, beaded fishtails, | 尝试了各种风格 绣珠鱼尾裙 |
[18:40] | Victorian ball gowns, Grecian columns… | 维多利亚风舞会长裙 希腊式套裙… |
[18:41] | You’ll come up with something. | 你会想出来的 |
[18:42] | And what if I don’t? | 如果没有呢 |
[18:44] | Hmm? If I blow this. | 如果我搞砸了 |
[18:46] | If I publicly humiliate Donovan Decker. | 害得多诺万·德克尔当众蒙羞 |
[18:49] | You and I both know I’ll be out of here faster than Diaz, | 你和我都知道我会比迪亚斯更早走人 |
[18:52] | and those two worked together for years. | 他们一起共事很久了 |
[18:54] | Everything I’ve worked for my entire life, gone. | 我终生追求的一切都将烟消云散 |
[18:57] | Just like that. | 弹指间 |
[18:59] | Maybe I could help you. | 或许我能帮到你 |
[19:02] | Help me design the wedding gown. | 帮我设计结婚礼服 |
[19:04] | It’s a little bit out of your area of expertise. | 这一块非你所长啊 |
[19:58] | All right. I’ll admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[19:59] | You’re better than me at pool. | 你桌球打得比我好 |
[20:01] | Oh, I know that was difficult for you. | 让你服输还真不容易啊 |
[20:03] | Still better than you at baseball, though. | 话虽如此 我在棒球上还是要强于你 |
[20:05] | Uh, not necessarily. | 这可说不准哦 |
[20:07] | You’re not serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[20:08] | I’ve never played. | 我从未打过棒球 |
[20:09] | Therefore it’s impossible to know my true potential. | 所以也没机会证明我的真正潜力 |
[20:12] | I could have Hall of Fame talent. | 天赋异禀也是说不定的 |
[20:14] | You know, that’s what Lulu used to tell me. | 这是露露常对我说的 |
[20:16] | So, what happened? | 然后呢 |
[20:18] | Aimless youth. | 年少轻狂啊 |
[20:19] | No, no, no. What happened with you and Lulu? | 不 我是说你和露露 |
[20:21] | I mean, you were all in-crowd for a minute, | 你们俩一会儿高调曝光恋情 |
[20:23] | then a total 180 the next. | 一会儿又素不相识的样子 |
[20:25] | What gives? | 怎么回事 |
[20:26] | Just wasn’t for me. | 只是不适合我罢了 |
[20:28] | And Lulu? | 露露呢 |
[20:29] | I guess I just wasn’t for her. | 我想我并不适合她 |
[20:31] | Did she tell you that? | 她亲口对你说的吗 |
[20:32] | She didn’t have to. | 她用不着费这个口舌 |
[20:34] | Well, I mean, unless you talk to her, | 除非你和她谈过 |
[20:35] | you’ll never really know for sure. | 否则你永远不会知道她怎么想的 |
[20:36] | You know, we really don’t have to do this whole girl talk thing. | 我们没必要说这些闺中密话 |
[20:39] | Got it. | 明白 |
[20:46] | Rack ’em. | 摆球 |
[20:48] | Nice shot. | 好球 |
[20:50] | So, what do you say | 你说 |
[20:51] | we make it a little more interesting this time? | 我们这把来点什么更有意思的呢 |
[20:55] | You just want to take my money. | 你想从我这儿捞点钱啊 |
[20:56] | No. Not at all. | 不 没这回事 |
[20:57] | I really think you’re starting to get the hang of it. | 我只是觉得你得融会贯通一下 |
[21:01] | If you say so. | 既然你这么说了 |
[21:03] | Can I get you guys a drink? | 你们要喝点什么吗 |
[21:08] | I’m good. | 我不必了 |
[21:11] | Yeah. I’ll take a beer. | 给我来杯啤酒吧 |
[21:13] | – Can I see your ID? – Absolutely. | -能看下身份证吗 -当然 |
[21:15] | There you go. | 给 |
[21:17] | Thank you, Roger. | 谢谢你 罗杰 |
[21:18] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[21:22] | Roger Stevens. Oh, yeah. Some of my best work. | 罗杰·史蒂文斯 我的杰作之一啊 |
[21:39] | Special delivery. | 特快专递 |
[21:41] | What’re you talking about? | 你想说什么 |
[21:43] | These just arrived for you from someone named | 这是专门送给你的 署名是 |
[21:47] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[21:56] | Who is he? | 他是谁呢 |
[21:58] | None of your business. | 不关你事 |
[22:00] | Well, whoever he is, he has great taste. | 不管他是何人 他眼光都不错 |
[22:02] | In flowers, that is. | 仅仅是对花而言 |
[22:05] | Funny. You can leave now. | 真有趣啊 你可以出去了 |
[22:13] | You’re still here. | 你还在这 |
[22:14] | It’s just a shame to see such beautiful flowers go to waste. | 只是为娇花被抛弃而不值 |
[22:19] | I’m not interested in Richard. Or his flowers. | 我对理查德不感冒 他的花也一样 |
[22:22] | Is that a problem? | 这么说可以了吗 |
[22:23] | Not my business. | 不关我事 |
[22:24] | True. | 确实 |
[22:25] | Oh, and Carter, | 对了 卡特 |
[22:26] | can you not mention this to anyone? | 你能不把这事说出去吗 |
[22:29] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别用这种眼神看我 |
[22:31] | I’m sort of seeing someone else right now, | 现在我有中意的人 |
[22:33] | and I wouldn’t want them to get the wrong idea, so… | 我不想让他们误会 所以… |
[22:38] | It’s no one you know, it’s… | 是你不认识的人 是… |
[22:39] | Jeremy. | 杰里米 |
[22:40] | No. | 不是 |
[22:41] | India. | 英蒂安 |
[22:42] | What? | 什么 |
[22:43] | Everyone knows. | 人所皆知 |
[22:44] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[22:46] | Fine. Have it your way. | 好吧 随你 |
[23:03] | Hey, Jane, could you help me find that | 简 能帮我找下 |
[23:04] | bolt of silk chiffon jeremy was asking for? | 杰里米想要的雪纺栓吗 |
[23:07] | Oh, yeah. Sure thing. | 好的 没问题 |
[23:42] | Yes! It’s perfect. Where’d you get this? | 完美无缺啊 你从哪来的 |
[23:47] | I… | 我… |
[23:49] | it’s… | 这是… |
[23:50] | Is this yours? | 这是你的设计吗 |
[23:54] | Well, actually, it’s… | 实际上 它是… |
[23:56] | Brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[23:58] | Perfect, simple. | 完美 简洁 |
[24:01] | I love it, India. | 我很中意 英蒂安 |
[24:03] | You do? | 是吗 |
[24:04] | I really do. | 我真的很中意 |
[24:07] | Are you sure you’re okay with me using this? Your design? | 你确定我可以用你的这个 设计吗 |
[24:10] | Of course I am. I wanted to help. | 当然 我希望能帮到你 |
[24:15] | I can’t believe you did this for me. | 不敢相信你对我的付出 |
[24:17] | I’m touched. | 我很感动 |
[24:18] | Really, I am. | 真的 很感动 |
[24:20] | I didn’t realize you had this in you. | 真想不到你有这样的天赋 |
[24:23] | This is a beautiful dress. | 这是件漂亮的礼服 |
[24:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:29] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢啦 |
[24:38] | Rack ’em. | 摆球 |
[24:40] | You hustled me. | 你唬弄我 |
[24:42] | I can’t believe I just fell for that. | 而我居然吃了这一套 |
[24:45] | Hey, look, if it makes you feel any better, you’re not that bad. | 说句安慰的 你也不赖啊 |
[24:47] | It doesn’t make me feel any better at all, all right? | 这不能让我好受多少 好吗 |
[24:49] | You lied. So much for that whole honest vibe. | 你说谎了 那些诚实的特质 |
[24:52] | Whoa, I never lied. | 我从不说谎 |
[24:53] | Hey, you lied, all right. You said you weren’t good at pool. | 你说了 你说你不擅长台球的 |
[24:56] | No, I said it wasn’t my best sport. | 没有 我说的是那不是我最拿手的项目 |
[24:58] | It’s a game, first off. | 首先 这是个游戏 |
[24:59] | And you still lied. | 其次 你还是说谎了 |
[25:01] | No, I didn’t. I’m really, really good at baseball. | 我没有 我真的对棒球很在行 |
[25:03] | Oh, I get it, man. You’re good at everything. | 我懂了 哥们 你就是一全能 |
[25:06] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[25:07] | Nothing. It was a compliment. | 没什么 赞美而已 |
[25:09] | Didn’t sound like a compliment. | 听起来不像是夸奖啊 |
[25:12] | Hey, I’d like to be good at everything. | 我也想什么都很在行啊 |
[25:14] | To be rich. To always win. | 家底殷实 无往不胜 |
[25:17] | I’d like to have everything handed to me. | 一切都唾手可得 |
[25:20] | I didn’t have anything handed to me. | 我的一切并不是唾手可得的 |
[25:22] | Really? What’d you drive here? | 是吗 你开什么车来的 |
[25:25] | How much you pay for that? | 花多少钱买的 |
[25:30] | – Exactly. – Billy. | -这下你明白了 -比利 |
[25:31] | You don’t know anything about me. | 你并不了解我 |
[25:36] | Great. It’s Adam. | 真好啊 那是亚当 |
[25:40] | Who’s Adam? | 谁是亚当 |
[25:40] | They’re from Wrightsville. | 他们是赖茨维尔的人 |
[25:42] | The team we’re playing tomorrow. | 明天我们比赛的对手 |
[25:45] | Which one of them’s Adam? | 哪一个是亚当 |
[25:46] | Both of them. | 两个都是 |
[25:50] | Look who it is, Adam. Nick Fadden. | 瞧瞧这是谁啊 亚当 尼克·费登 |
[25:53] | How’s it going, Adam? | 有何贵干啊 亚当 |
[25:55] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[25:57] | Wait. So, you guys are both named Adam? | 慢着 这么说你们俩都叫亚当 |
[25:59] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[26:00] | Oh, no point. It’s just a little confusing, you know. | 没什么 我只是有点疑惑 |
[26:03] | – For you, maybe. – Nice. | -就你这智商 或许是 -漂亮 |
[26:06] | So you’re pitching tomorrow? | 那你明天会上场咯 |
[26:08] | Yeah. I’ll be on the mound. | 没错 我是投球手 |
[26:09] | Good. I’m looking forward to a little batting practice. | 好样的 我等着和你练练手呢 |
[26:12] | If you can remember, I like my pitches inside. | 别忘了 我喜欢内侧发球 |
[26:14] | About belt high. | 大概腰带这么高的 |
[26:15] | Yeah, we’re in the middle of a game here. | 行 我们正玩着呢 |
[26:17] | So, I’ll just see you guys tomorrow, all right? | 明天场上见 好吗 |
[26:19] | Well, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we all play? | 我有个主意 不如我们一起玩玩 |
[26:21] | You and hair gel here against me and Adam. | 你和发胶男对我和亚当 |
[26:25] | Hair gel? Ouch. | 发胶男 真伤人啊 |
[26:27] | What do you say? We could make it… | 你意下如何 我们可以来点 |
[26:29] | Interesting? | 有意思的 |
[26:33] | It’s not really my best sport. | 这个可不是我擅长的项目 |
[26:36] | It’s a game. | 玩玩而已 |
[26:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:42] | Now that I’ve finally found a design that I’m happy with, | 柳暗花明 我终于有令人满意的设计了 |
[26:45] | thanks to India, | 多亏了英蒂安 |
[26:47] | it’s time to buckle down, all right? | 现在开始我们全力以赴 好吗 |
[26:49] | I’m going to need ivory silk charmeuse for the bodice, | 我需要用象牙丝绸缎做上衣 |
[26:52] | pearls for the sleeves, | 用珍珠装饰两边的袖子 |
[26:53] | the absolute smallest covered | 用尽量小的扣子 |
[26:54] | buttons you can find to cover the zipper, | 遮盖住拉链 |
[26:57] | and a French silk tulle, in ecru. | 还要法国丝绸薄纱 原色的 |
[27:00] | I repeat, ecru, not cream. | 我再说一遍 原色的 不是米色 |
[27:02] | He’s back. | 他满血复活啦 |
[27:04] | Got it? Good. | 明白了吗 好样的 |
[27:06] | All right, people, stand back! | 好了 大伙们 往后站哦 |
[27:09] | Doctor Jones is about to make the frist cut. | 琼斯医生要剪下他的第一刀咯 |
[27:14] | Oh! That’s game. | 噢 好一场游戏 |
[27:17] | Now, I would say rack ’em, | 现在 我想说的是该码球了 |
[27:18] | but I think you guys are all out of money. | 但我又想 你们这会儿也囊中羞涩了 |
[27:21] | There’s an ATM outside, though, if you want to keep going. | 如果还想来的话 那边有自动取款机哦 |
[27:23] | You think you’re funny? | 你觉得这么说很幽默吗 |
[27:25] | Generally? Yes. | 事实如此 |
[27:27] | Hey, good game, guys. | 大伙儿 玩得不错嘛 |
[27:28] | You hustled us. | 你们使诈 |
[27:30] | No, we didn’t. | 不 我们没有 |
[27:33] | Hey, Adam, relax! | 亚当 别紧张 |
[27:34] | We want our money back. | 我们想把钱要回来 |
[27:35] | No way. | 没门 |
[27:37] | Look, guys. We won fair and square. | 伙计们 我们明打明算的 |
[27:40] | Nobody made you put the money down. | 没人逼你下注 |
[27:45] | You’re gonna give us that money back. | 你们必须把钱还给我们 |
[27:48] | Really? I am? | 是吗 我要吗 |
[27:49] | Yeah, you are. | 是的 你得还 |
[27:51] | Actually, I think I’m gonna keep it | 实话说 我决定把它留下 |
[27:53] | and split it with my friend here. | 和我朋友把这钱分了 |
[27:54] | Friend? | 朋友 |
[27:56] | Now’s really not a good time. | 现在不是谈这个的时候 |
[27:58] | Give me the money. | 把钱拿出来 |
[27:59] | Right now. | 立刻 |
[28:00] | Or what? | 不然呢 |
[28:05] | Dude, are you okay? | 哥们 你没事吧 |
[28:06] | That kind of hurt. | 有点伤啊 |
[28:11] | Seriously, dude! | 有木有搞错 老兄 |
[28:15] | Hit them. Not me. | 打他们 别打我 |
[28:16] | Okay. Hey, we can take these guys. | 好吧 我们能搞定这些人 |
[28:19] | Okay. Let’s do it. | 那好 动手吧 |
[28:26] | – Great. – What? | -真不错 -怎么了 |
[28:27] | It’s Adam. | 亚当在这 |
[28:28] | Are you kidding me? Another oooo… | 你开玩笑吗 又来一个 |
[28:32] | What should we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[28:43] | Hey, Jeremy. I think I found the… | 杰里米 我觉得我找到了 |
[28:48] | Magnificent, isn’t it? | 这设计夺人眼球 对吧 |
[28:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[28:52] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪得到的设计 |
[28:53] | I told you. From India. | 我和你说过 是英蒂安的 |
[28:55] | Quite frankly, I’m surprised. | 坦白说 我很惊讶 |
[28:58] | I don’t think she’s realized her true calling | 我认为她还没意识到自己 |
[29:00] | in accessories design. | 在配饰设计外的真实天分 |
[29:02] | Wouldn’t you say? | 你说是吗 |
[29:03] | Charlotte Whitmore isn’t gonna know what hit her | 夏洛特·惠特莫尔无法想象 |
[29:04] | when she sees this one. | 这件婚纱给她带来多大的震撼 |
[29:07] | All that’s left is to be hemmed, sewn, and embellished, and… | 就剩下褶边 缝制 装饰 和 |
[29:12] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[29:16] | No. I’m not. | 不 我不好 |
[29:18] | That design, it’s… | 这个设计 它是 |
[29:21] | it’s mine. | 它是我的 |
[29:29] | This is yours? | 这是你的设计 |
[29:31] | Yes. It’s mine. India took it. | 是的 是我的 英蒂安偷了它 |
[29:35] | India? | 英蒂安 |
[29:37] | Honestly, Jane. This is a serious thing. | 老实说 简 这是个很慎重的事情 |
[29:39] | If you accuse someone… | 如果你指控某人 |
[29:40] | Accuse someone of what? | 指控某人什么 |
[29:43] | Nothing. No one is… | 没什么 没人被… |
[29:44] | You! I’m accusing you. | 你 我控诉你 |
[29:47] | Me? | 我 |
[29:48] | Yeah, you took my sketch. | 是 你偷了我的手稿 |
[29:50] | I did no such thing. | 我才没做这种事情 |
[29:52] | You know what? Maybe you’re confused. | 你们知道吗 也许你弄错了 |
[29:53] | Maybe this is just a misunderstanding? | 也许这仅仅是个误会而已 |
[29:55] | Perhaps you sketched something similar to this… | 可能你的手稿和这个类似 |
[29:56] | Look, I’m not confused. | 不 我很清醒 |
[29:57] | Oh, I think you are. | 是啊 你真是够清醒的 |
[29:59] | India, stop. | 英蒂安 别说了 |
[30:01] | She’s accusing me and you defend her? | 是她要指控我的 你还护着她 |
[30:02] | I’m not defending anyone, I just… | 我没有偏向任何人 我只是 |
[30:05] | – You don’t believe me? – You don’t believe me? | -你不相信我 -你不相信我 |
[30:06] | Yes. No. I… I don’t know who to believe. | 是 不 我 我不知道该相信谁 |
[30:09] | Well, I’m telling the truth. | 我说的是事实 |
[30:12] | Prove it. Go on, Jane. | 证据呢 拿出来啊 简 |
[30:14] | Prove I took your sketch. | 证明是我拿了你的手稿 |
[30:16] | I… I can’t. | 我 我没证据 |
[30:22] | You know, when you cheat, India. | 你要说谎的话 英蒂安 |
[30:23] | You only cheat yourself. | 不过是自欺欺人罢了 |
[30:24] | What’re you, 12? | 你还是小孩子吗 |
[30:26] | No, I’m… | 不是 我 |
[30:30] | I’m not letting you get away with this. | 我不会让你侥幸得逞的 |
[30:32] | That sketch is mine. And I… | 这份手稿是我的 而我 |
[30:34] | – Jane… – No, it’s mine. | -简 -不 这是我的 |
[30:36] | – No, it’s… – It’s mine! | -住手 这 -是我的 |
[30:37] | – No, it’s… – It’s mine! | -我的 -是我的才对 |
[30:38] | Both of you, stop it this instant! | 你们俩 马上立刻给我停下来 |
[30:39] | – What’s your problem? – What’s your problem? | -你有什么问题 -你有什么问题 |
[30:43] | What’ve you got? | 你们拿的是什么 |
[30:47] | Love it. | 大爱 |
[30:49] | That settles it. This is the dress we’re making tonight. | 暂且这样 我们今晚要把这件婚纱做好 |
[30:52] | Whomever it belongs to. | 不论这个设计属于谁 |
[31:04] | The Adams are still out there. | 亚当们还在外面 |
[31:06] | Man, that guy was huge. | 哥们 那家伙太魁梧了 |
[31:09] | I can’t believe we’re hiding. | 我不敢相信我们居然躲起来了 |
[31:10] | Yeah, I can’t believe you elbowed me in the eye. | 我不敢相信你居然用肘部打伤了我的眼睛 |
[31:13] | I’m sorry. I was winding up for a punch. | 我很抱歉 我准备挥手来一记猛击的 |
[31:15] | Winding up? | 挥手 |
[31:17] | Yeah. It was going to be a good one, too. | 没错 差一点就是漂亮的一击 |
[31:19] | Who winds up for a punch? | 有谁是挥着胳膊打人的啊 |
[31:22] | Okay, small confession. | 好吧 老实交代 |
[31:24] | I’ve never actually been in a fight before. | 我以前从来没打过架 |
[31:27] | Yeah. I got that. | 是啊 我懂的 |
[31:28] | Hey, you know, at least you’re not good at everything. | 你也不是无所不能的嘛 |
[31:34] | So… why was this so important to Jane? | 你说 为什么简这么在意 |
[31:39] | You and me hanging out tonight? | 要我们俩今晚一块儿出来 |
[31:41] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[31:42] | I think she wants us to be friends or something. | 估计她是希望我们成为朋友之类的吧 |
[31:46] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑考虑的 |
[31:48] | Dude, I was not extending an offer there. | 老兄 我可不是在向你提议 |
[31:52] | But we do have more in common than I initially thought. | 但是我们的共同点确实比我想象得多 |
[31:55] | Yeah? Like what? | 是吗 比如说 |
[31:56] | We’re both really good at pool. | 我们都挺擅长台球 |
[31:58] | You’re not that good. | 你打得可不怎么样啊 |
[32:01] | Nachos? | 都爱吃玉米脆片 |
[32:02] | That works. | 这算一个 |
[32:04] | All right. Then there’s the obvious one. | 好吧 还有最不容忽视的一点 |
[32:08] | Jane. | 简 |
[32:17] | I don’t know why you’re so worked up. | 我不明白你为什么这么激动 |
[32:18] | I’m not worked up. | 我没有情绪激动 |
[32:21] | Not at all. | 一点也没有 |
[32:22] | I mean, you know, the whole creative integrity thing | 我想说 如果你问起我 |
[32:24] | is way overrated if you ask me. | 好好的创意怎么就成了这样 |
[32:27] | I don’t have time for this, Jane. | 我没空听你说这个 简 |
[32:29] | In the end, it doesn’t matter who gets the credit. | 到头来 是谁设计的都不重要 |
[32:30] | It’s Donovan’s name up there. | 都会被冠上多诺万的名字 |
[32:32] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[32:33] | I’m fine. | 我没什么说的了 |
[32:35] | This hem needs to be basted. | 这个褶边需要疏缝一下 |
[32:36] | I’m on it. | 我来吧 |
[32:38] | We need a fit model. | 我们需要一个试衣模特 |
[32:41] | This form’s all wrong. | 这身板全走样了 |
[32:42] | The hem’s sagging, the bodice is drooping. | 褶边松松垮垮 胸衣耷耷拉拉 |
[32:44] | This is all we have right now. | 我们已经做了力所能及的了 |
[32:46] | I could call someone… | 我现在叫人来 |
[32:47] | We don’t have time to call in a fit model. | 我们没时间找试衣模特了 |
[32:50] | We just need someone yay high. | 找个差不多高的人就行了 |
[32:56] | Seriously? | 真心的 |
[33:08] | It’s gorgeous. | 明艳不可方物 |
[33:17] | This is my design. | 这是我亲手设计的 |
[33:22] | And I can prove it. | 我可以证明 |
[33:32] | I see it. Right here. | 我看见了 这儿 |
[33:34] | It’s clearly yours. | 这确实是你的手笔 |
[33:36] | The ruching. The detail. | 这些褶皱 这些细节 |
[33:39] | I didn’t even know it was my inspiration at first. | 一开始我都不清楚这到底是不是我的灵感 |
[33:42] | Not until I was wearing it. | 直到我穿上的那一刻 |
[33:45] | It was like she was staring back at me in the mirror. | 好像她就站在我身后看着镜子中的我 |
[33:49] | I’m so sorry I doubted you, Jane. | 对不起我怀疑了你 简 |
[33:51] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[33:52] | No. It’s not. I should have known. | 不 我早就该知道的 |
[33:55] | How could you? Honestly, it’s okay. | 你怎么可能知道呢 真的没事啦 |
[33:59] | I’m just sorry I got so angry. | 对不起我之前发脾气了 |
[34:02] | You had every right to be angry about it. | 你绝对有权发脾气 |
[34:05] | I can’t believe India would do this. | 真不敢相信英蒂安做出这种事 |
[34:09] | Why would she do this? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[34:10] | Why does India do anything? | 她一向如此 |
[34:16] | You know, you look just like her. | 你跟她是一个模子刻出来的 |
[34:19] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[34:21] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪 |
[34:25] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[34:29] | Oh, I’m sorry, Jane. | 对不起 简 |
[34:32] | No. | 没事 |
[34:34] | I’m sorry I didn’t believe you. | 真抱歉我没相信你 |
[34:42] | It’s settled. We’re telling Gray. | 决定了 我们得告诉格雷 |
[34:44] | – Don’t. – Jane, this is serious. | -不要 -简 这事很严重 |
[34:47] | The only thing that matters to me is that you know. | 只要你知道就行了 |
[34:49] | That you know it was mine. | 你知道这是我的设计就行了 |
[34:53] | Now, let’s finish it. | 我们来做个了结吧 |
[35:49] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[35:55] | I do. | 我确定 |
[36:04] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[36:07] | – Good work. – Thank you. | -做得好 -谢谢 |
[36:10] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[36:23] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:37] | You should tell her, you know. | 你应该告诉她的 |
[36:39] | Who? | 告诉谁 |
[36:40] | Gray. You should tell her what India did | 格雷 你应该告诉她英蒂安 |
[36:43] | and that she tried to take the credit. | 偷了你的设计想要邀功 |
[36:44] | I could. You’re right. | 我可以这么做 你说得对 |
[36:48] | But bringing somebody down just to get ahead, | 但是扳倒别人求上位 |
[36:52] | that’s just not me. | 这不是我的风格 |
[36:55] | That’s really, uh… | 你真的很 |
[36:56] | Naive. I know. | 幼稚 我懂 |
[37:00] | No. Actually, I was gonna say that’s really admirable. | 不 其实我想说的是你真的很令人钦佩 |
[37:03] | Which is not a word we use a lot in this business. | 这可不是我平常用在工作中的客套话 |
[37:06] | Thank you, Carter. | 谢谢 卡特 |
[37:10] | Are you gonna tell me why you did it? | 能告诉我你为什么这么做吗 |
[37:12] | Why does it matter? | 有什么大不了的 |
[37:13] | It matters to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[37:14] | She’s just some ridiculous assistant | 她不过是个无足轻重的小助理 |
[37:17] | that you and Gray seem to heap your attention on day after day. | 不明白你跟格雷为何越来越器重她 |
[37:20] | Yet you took her design. | 但你偷了她的设计 |
[37:21] | – For you. – For me? | -我是为了你 -为了我 |
[37:23] | I mean, Donovan Decker. | 也是为了多诺万·德克尔 |
[37:28] | All I wanted was for you, us, | 我是为你好 为我们好 |
[37:31] | this company to succeed. | 为整个公司好 |
[37:34] | You seemed so happy when you saw the design, and I just thought… | 你看到设计的时候那么开心 我就以为 |
[37:37] | You thought what? | 你以为什么 |
[37:40] | I thought it didn’t matter where it came from. | 我以为是谁的设计并不重要 |
[37:43] | – Is that right? – It is. | -真的是这样吗 -就是这样 |
[37:49] | India. You and I… | 英蒂安 我们 |
[37:52] | it’s over. | 结束了 |
[38:26] | Richard, hi. It’s India. | 理查德你好 我是英蒂安 |
[38:29] | Yeah. Yes, I got the flowers, | 对 我收到你的花了 |
[38:34] | and they’re beautiful. | 很美 |
[38:36] | About your invitation tonight, um, | 关于你今晚的邀约 |
[38:42] | I’d love to have dinner with you. | 我愿意跟你共进晚餐 |
[38:45] | All right. I’ll see you then. | 好 到时见 |
[39:07] | Where do you think you’re going? | 这是想去哪 |
[39:09] | Home. Same as you. | 回家 跟你一样 |
[39:12] | Not quite. | 想得美哦 |
[39:13] | You have to wait with him for Charlotte Whitmore. | 你要跟他一起等夏洛特·惠特莫尔 |
[39:16] | She’ll be here in an hour. | 她一个小时内到 |
[39:19] | Why do I have to stay? | 为什么要我留下来 |
[39:22] | You wanted the credit, Jane. You got it. | 你想邀功嘛 简 你赢了 |
[39:26] | Are you really just gonna leave Jeremy here all alone | 你真的舍得留杰里米在这 |
[39:28] | to face the music? | 独自面对困难吗 |
[39:31] | What if she doesn’t like it? | 如果她不喜欢怎么办 |
[39:46] | You mind parking it for me? | 介意帮我停好吗 |
[39:47] | My pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[39:51] | Yo, Nick! | 尼克 |
[39:53] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[39:54] | Say hi to the Adams for me, huh? | 替我向亚当问好 |
[39:57] | I’ll do that. | 必须的 |
[40:03] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快点啊快点啊 |
[40:37] | Charlotte! You’re here. | 夏洛特 你终于来了 |
[40:39] | You have exactly 10 minutes. | 给你十分钟 |
[40:40] | I have an appointment with Vera Wang at 12:30 sharp. | 我12点半跟王薇薇有约 |
[40:43] | Vera Wang? | 王薇薇 |
[40:44] | Well, I don’t have a lot of confidence | 我现在对多诺万·德克尔 |
[40:45] | in Donovan Decker right now. | 可没什么信心 |
[40:47] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[40:50] | Before I look, | 在我看之前 |
[40:52] | I’d like to know what you think of the dress, Jane. | 我想听听你对这条裙子的看法 简 |
[40:59] | I think you need to see it. | 我觉得你一定要看看 |
[41:11] | It’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 很美 对不对 |
[41:27] | Oh, no. No, no, no… | 不是吧 |
[41:33] | This can’t be happening. | 不可能这样的 |
[41:35] | Please don’t say you hate it. | 千万别说你不喜欢 |
[41:37] | You have no idea how much work went into this, and I… | 你无法想像我们为此花了多少心血 |
[41:40] | I love it. | 我太喜欢了 |
[41:43] | You love it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[41:44] | She loves it. | 她喜欢 |
[41:46] | It’s exactly what I wanted. | 这就是我想要的效果 |
[41:48] | It’s elegant. | 高雅 |
[41:50] | It’s simple. | 简洁 |
[41:52] | And not fussy. | 不繁琐 |
[41:54] | Definitely not fussy. | 绝对不繁琐 |
[41:58] | It’s classic. | 太经典了 |
[42:02] | I thought so, too. | 深有同感 |
[42:04] | It’s the one. | 就是这件了 |
[42:38] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[42:39] | – You made it. – I made it. | -你来了 -我来了 |
[42:41] | Perfect timing. | 来得正好 |
[42:42] | I’m really sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事真的很对不起 |
[42:45] | Don’t be. | 不用 |
[42:47] | What happened to your lip? | 你的嘴唇怎么了 |
[42:50] | Long story. You should see Billy. | 说来话长 你应该看看比利 |
[42:54] | You got into a fight with Billy? | 你跟比利打起来了 |
[42:56] | Yeah, | 对 |
[42:57] | but don’t worry, we were on the same side. | 别担心 我俩一致对外来着 |
[43:00] | Same side of what? | 对什么外 |
[43:01] | Again, long story. | 说来又话长了 |
[43:03] | It was nothing. | 没什么 |
[43:04] | Actually, it was… | 实际上 |
[43:06] | it was a weirdly good night. | 是诡异又美妙的一晚 |
[43:08] | Good. | 那就好 |
[43:09] | I’m just glad you’re here now. | 真高兴你在这 |
[43:11] | Me, too. | 我也是 |