时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ‘s me. Jane Quimby. | 这就是我 简·昆比 |
[00:01] | My life is a little complicated right now. | 我目前的生活有点复杂 |
[00:03] | I landed my fashion dream job | 我得到了梦想中的时尚工作 |
[00:05] | working for her, gray Chandler Murray. | 效力于她 格雷·钱德勒·莫里 |
[00:07] | The only problem, they think I’m an adult. | 唯一的问题是 他们以为我是成年人 |
[00:09] | Now I am juggling two secret lives, | 如今我游走于两种秘密生活 |
[00:11] | one in high school and one in high fashion. | 一个是高中校园 一个是时尚殿堂 |
[00:13] | Do you trust India? | 你信任英蒂安吗 |
[00:15] | I just think she’s | 我只是觉得她 |
[00:17] | a little shady. | 有点靠不住 |
[00:18] | I’m afraid we have to say goodbye. | 我恐怕得跟你说再见了 |
[00:21] | I hope you’re happy. | 我希望你这回高兴了 |
[00:22] | You did this to yourself, India. | 你这都是自己造成的 英蒂安 |
[00:24] | You got the wrong person. | 你找错人了 |
[00:26] | All right, fellas. Here’s how it’s going down. | 好了 伙计们 我们这么办 |
[00:27] | Are you robbing this place, Tommy? | 你要抢劫这里吗 汤米 |
[00:30] | Let’s go! Let’s go! | 快走 快走 |
[00:31] | A couple months at New Hall Youth Detention | 去纽霍少管所呆几个月 |
[00:33] | might give Mr. Nutter ample time to think about those mistakes | 也许能给纳特先生足够的时间来 |
[00:37] | and their implications. | 反省其错误和影响 |
[00:41] | I saw her with Nick. | 我看到她和尼克在一起 |
[00:42] | They were kissing, Janey. | 他们在接吻 小简 |
[00:43] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你所想的那样 |
[00:44] | – Just let me… – Don’t. | -就让我 -不要 |
[00:45] | I can’t talk to you. | 我没法跟你说下去了 |
[00:47] | And you really deserve | 你真得值得去找一个 |
[00:48] | the perfect guy, Rita Shaw. | 完美的男人 丽塔·肖 |
[00:50] | You are perfect. | 你就是我的完美男人 |
[00:52] | I really have no idea how to say this. | 我真不知道该怎么说 |
[00:54] | So I’m just gonna say it. | 那我直说就是了 |
[00:56] | It’s you, Janey. | 是你 小简 |
[01:07] | Jane. Jane! | 简 简 |
[01:10] | 短信来自格雷: -好的 -我需要你今天早点来 –好 我这就过去 | |
[01:14] | Let’s go. | 出发啦 |
[01:15] | You’re gonna be late for school again, truant. | 你上学又要迟到啦 小懒虫 |
[01:18] | That guidance counselor of yours is gonna come down on you hard. | 你导师会严厉地处罚你的 |
[01:20] | You know how Miss Shaw can be. | 你知道的 肖老师会怎么样 |
[01:23] | Ben. It’s a little weird | 本 听着有点奇怪 |
[01:24] | that you call your girlfriend “Miss Shaw.” | 你居然管你女友叫”肖老师” |
[01:26] | Oh, you mean Rita. | 你是说丽塔 |
[01:32] | Hey. Are you really that busy? | 你真是那么忙吗 |
[01:34] | Yes. And no. | 是 又不是 |
[01:38] | I’m nervous, Ben. | 我很紧张 本 |
[01:40] | Two months is a long time. | 两个月时间挺长的 |
[01:41] | What if Billy’s different? | 要是比利变了怎么办 |
[01:43] | What if he doesn’t want to see me? | 要是他不想见我了怎么办 |
[01:45] | Jane. He was in a juvenile detention center, | 简 他是在少管所 |
[01:47] | not a brainwashing camp. | 而不是洗脑营 |
[01:48] | You’ll be the first person he wants to see. | 你将是他最想见到的人 |
[01:50] | Besides, why would anything be different with you two? | 此外 你俩之间能有什么变故呢 |
[01:53] | Well, the thing is | 但问题是 |
[01:54] | I might not have told you everything that happened | 我好像并没把时尚秀那晚 |
[01:56] | that night at the fashion show. | 发生的所有事都告诉你 |
[01:57] | See, when Billy showed up he sort of… | 比利表现得有点 |
[02:01] | Well, he… | 他那个 |
[02:04] | I’m waiting. Bated breath over here. | 我等你说 洗耳恭听哇 |
[02:07] | He said something. | 他说了些话 |
[02:10] | And would you like to tell me | 那你愿不愿意一五一十地 |
[02:12] | what that something was, exactly? | 告诉我他说了什么 |
[02:14] | He said, “It’s you.” | 他说 “是你” |
[02:18] | – It’s you? – Yeah. | -是你 -对 |
[02:20] | – Oh, boy. – What? | -妈呀 -怎么了 |
[02:21] | Then what happened? | 之后发生什么了 |
[02:22] | Well, then Jeremy came in | 之后杰里米进来了 |
[02:24] | and I didn’t know what to do | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[02:25] | and then Billy ran out | 之后比利跑出去了 |
[02:25] | and the next morning he got sent away | 第二天早上他就被送走了 |
[02:27] | and for the past two months | 而且过去这两个月 |
[02:28] | it’s been playing on a loop in my head. | 这句话在我脑中一直循环播放 |
[02:29] | “It’s you, it’s you, it’s you.” | “是你 是你 是你” |
[02:30] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得他什么意思 |
[02:32] | Well, I may be totally off-base here, | 我这么说可能大错特错了 |
[02:34] | but did you ever think he might have meant it romantically? | 但你可曾想过那是一种浪漫的表白呢 |
[02:38] | No. No, no, no. | 不可能 不不不 |
[02:41] | I did think that for a second. | 我就从没这么想过 |
[02:42] | But I don’t think that’s it. | 我觉得不会是这个意思的 |
[02:44] | But I guess it can be. I don’t know. | 但也有这个可能 我不知道了啦 |
[02:45] | Maybe it is. I don’t know. | 没准就是这意思 我也不知道哇 |
[02:46] | Would that be so weird? | 那是不是太怪异了 |
[02:48] | Well, he’s my best friend | 他是我的男闺蜜 |
[02:50] | and I don’t want to run the risk of ruining that, right? | 我可不想冒险毁了我俩的友谊 对吧 |
[02:54] | I can’t answer that. | 我回答不了这个问题 |
[02:55] | Then what good are you? | 那告诉你有什么用 |
[02:56] | Just go pick up Billy and | 你只要去接回比利 |
[02:58] | you two will figure it out. | 然后你俩可以解答这个问题的 |
[02:58] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[03:00] | Because you guys are like this. | 因为你俩就像这个 |
[03:02] | You can figure out anything. | 你们没有回答不了的问题 |
[03:06] | I sure hope so. | 真希望如此 |
[04:31] | I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[04:32] | I missed you, too, Janey. | 我也想你 小简 |
[05:05] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[05:08] | Yeah, I mean, what to else to say. | 是 没什么其它好说的 |
[05:10] | It was pretty uneventful. | 里面超级闲的 |
[05:14] | You were in a juvenile detention center. | 你那是在少管所 |
[05:17] | So? | 那怎么了 |
[05:18] | So, was it scary? | 那 那里恐怖吗 |
[05:22] | Were the guards mean? | 保安是不是很凶 |
[05:24] | Did you make any friends? | 你有没有交到朋友 |
[05:25] | How was the food? Did you have too much activities? | 吃得如何 你们活动多不多 |
[05:27] | Jane. Look. | 简 听着 |
[05:29] | I wasn’t in Alcatraz or anything, okay? | 我又不是在恶魔岛 |
[05:32] | I just… | 我只是 |
[05:34] | I’d rather talk about something else, okay? | 我想聊聊别的 好吗 |
[05:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:40] | Maybe we should talk about, you know… | 也许我们可以聊聊 那个… |
[05:43] | Yeah, you! | 对啊 聊你吧 |
[05:44] | So, what about you? | 那 你怎么样 |
[05:46] | What’s been going on with that whole | 我离开的这段时间 |
[05:47] | super secret double life of yours since I’ve been away? | 你那超级神秘的双重生活过得如何呢 |
[05:51] | Oh. Nothing, really. | 没什么 真的 |
[05:53] | – How’s Jeremy? – Jeremy? | -杰里米怎么样 -杰里米吗 |
[05:55] | Yeah, you guys are together, right? | 是 你俩在一起了 对吗 |
[05:58] | No. We’ve never been together. | 没有 我们从没在一起过 |
[06:01] | He doesn’t even know that I’m in high school. | 他甚至都不知道我还在念高中 |
[06:03] | And we work together. | 而且我俩在一起工作 |
[06:05] | I could never do that. | 我可不会那么做的 |
[06:06] | Speaking of work. How is it? | 说到工作 你工作怎样 |
[06:09] | Well, | 那个 |
[06:11] | things have been crazy ever since India got fired. | 英蒂安被开了之后 就都乱套了 |
[06:15] | Gray has been using me for everything. It’s nuts. | 格雷什么事都让我来做 太疯狂了 |
[06:18] | She’s been through at least a dozen people to fill India’s job. | 她至少让十几个人来顶替过英蒂安的工作 |
[06:21] | Wow. That’s a lot of people. | 人可真够多的 |
[06:23] | Tell me about it. | 可不是吗 |
[06:24] | And you should see the stuff that she’s having me do. | 你真应该去看看她都让我做些什么事 |
[06:28] | I can’t even believe it. | 我甚至不敢相信 |
[06:29] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, | 你可别会错我的意 |
[06:30] | I love being at Donovan Decker… | 我热爱多诺万·德克尔那里的工作 |
[06:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[06:36] | Let’s just say I’m not exactly scope to be back here again. | 我只想说我没什么机会再回到这里 |
[06:43] | And this place clearly feels the same way about me. | 很明显 我对这地方来说还是一样的 |
[06:46] | Don’t worry about them. | 不用担心他们 |
[06:49] | And, Billy… | 还有 比利 |
[06:54] | Are we okay? | 我们还好吗 |
[06:56] | I mean, shouldn’t we, | 我也不知道怎么说 |
[06:58] | I don’t know, talk or something? | 我是说 我们不该聊聊之类的吗 |
[06:59] | You’ve been talking non-stop | 我俩从上车开始 |
[07:00] | ever since we got in the car, Jane. | 你就没完没了地聊啦 简 |
[07:02] | Right. I mean, about… | 是 我是想聊那个 |
[07:04] | We’re good. Yeah. | 我们很好啊 对 |
[07:06] | There’s nothing for us to talk about, okay? | 我俩没什么特别需要聊的 对吧 |
[07:09] | Unless you want to talk about that. | 除非你是想跟我聊他们 |
[07:15] | You have got to be kidding me. | 这不会是真的吧 |
[07:19] | Yep. Lulu and Nick. | 是 露露和尼克 |
[07:23] | They’ve been an item ever since you left school. | 你离开学校之后他俩就交往了 |
[07:27] | Looks like it’s just back to being the two of us. | 看起来好像又只剩下我俩落单的日子啦 |
[07:30] | Yeah. The two of us. | 是 剩我俩落单了 |
[07:43] | Jane, I have to be honest | 简 我必须实话跟你说 |
[07:44] | I’m a little disappointed. | 我有点失望 |
[07:46] | Disappointed? | 失望吗 |
[07:48] | I’m just surprised. That’s all. | 我只是有点惊讶 就是这样 |
[07:50] | This progress report does not reflect the academic performance | 这份进度报告没有反应出我所熟识的 |
[07:54] | of the Jane Quimby that I know. | 那个简·昆比的学习成绩 |
[07:56] | Your grades are slipping in every class but ceramics. | 你除制陶课外其它所有课成绩都下滑了 |
[07:58] | Well, that’s good, right? | 那挺好的 对吧 |
[08:01] | Your brother got an A in ceramics. | 你弟弟制陶课都是A的成绩 |
[08:03] | And it’s not just your grades. | 不仅仅是你成绩下滑的问题 |
[08:04] | Your attendance last month? | 你上个月的出勤率呢 |
[08:06] | Let’s just say it was less than perfect. | 我们暂且说是不够完美好了 |
[08:09] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[08:11] | This internship is interfering with your life. | 你的实习工作干扰了你的生活 |
[08:13] | Your grades aren’t what they used to be, | 你的成绩不再像以前那么好了 |
[08:15] | you have multiple tardies | 你上课多次迟到 |
[08:16] | and absences and that just can’t happen. | 还有缺勤 而这都是不该发生的 |
[08:19] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[08:21] | But I’m not just looking off into the future for my dream job. | 但我只是适应一下未来我理想的工作罢了 |
[08:24] | I mean, I’m already here. | 我是说我已经这样了 |
[08:26] | This is my life. | 这就是我的生活 |
[08:28] | It’s just an internship, Jane. | 那只是个实习工作 简 |
[08:30] | It’s not. I’m working with designers | 不 我和设计师们共事 |
[08:33] | and I’m being exposed to this whole world of fashion | 我能接触到全世界的时尚 |
[08:36] | that you can’t learn in a classroom. | 这是在教室里学不到的 |
[08:38] | I’m living it every day. | 我每天生活在其中 |
[08:40] | You can’t buy that kind of experience, you know? | 这种经验是买不来的 你懂吗 |
[08:46] | Fine. But I need to see some real changes. | 好吧 但是我要看到实质性转变 |
[08:49] | Because if this doesn’t improve, | 如若没有改善的话 |
[08:51] | I can’t sign off on the internship program for you next semester. | 我就不能批准你下学期的实习项目 |
[08:56] | Especially if you’re not… | 尤其是 你没有 |
[08:58] | Wait. Are you texting someone right now? | 等等 你是在发信息吗 |
[09:00] | Uh, what? No. | 什么 不是的 |
[09:02] | I am just typing a reminder | 我只是在添加备忘录 |
[09:03] | 短信来自格雷: -我要你来找我 -我在路上 | |
[09:04] | to myself to shape up at school. | 提醒我在学校要好好表现 |
[09:07] | Stat. | 搞定 |
[09:10] | I promise I’ll get things back on track at school. | 我保证我的学业会回到正轨 |
[09:13] | You have my word. | 我说话算数 |
[09:18] | 短信来自格雷: 你最好快点 | |
[09:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:24] | I know this might sound harsh, | 我知道这听起来很残忍 |
[09:25] | but you’ve been an incredible disappointment, Sally. | 不过你真的非常令人失望 莎莉 |
[09:29] | It’s Suzy. | 我是苏西 |
[09:30] | Your work has been lackluster. | 你的工作平淡无奇 |
[09:32] | Your ideas, well, you simply have none. | 你的创意 好吧 你根本没有 |
[09:34] | In your time here at Donovan Decker, | 你在多诺万·德克尔的这段时间 |
[09:35] | you’ve yet to show any real promise. | 完全没有达到预期的要求 |
[09:37] | But I’ve only been working here for two days. | 可是 我一共只工作了两天呀 |
[09:39] | Two days too many, I’m afraid. You’re fired. | 恐怕两天已经太久了 你被开除了 |
[09:42] | That’ll be all. | 就这样吧 |
[09:47] | What? | 什么 |
[09:48] | That’s five this month, Gray. | 本月第五个了 格雷 |
[09:50] | Well, it’s been harder to replace India than I might’ve realized. | 看来要取代英蒂安比我想象的要难 |
[09:54] | Perhaps if you… | 也许你 |
[09:55] | But I’m not worried. | 可我一点都不担心 |
[09:57] | I have a new prospect in mind. | 我有一个新的人选 |
[09:58] | Someone young and unexpected. | 年轻 充满创意 |
[10:00] | Someone not boxed in by years of design experience. | 一个没有被多年设计经验束缚的人 |
[10:04] | You don’t mean… You’re not talking about… | 你不会是想 你不会是说 |
[10:06] | I have to go. My next appointment is here. | 我要走了 我还有个预约 |
[10:13] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[10:16] | -Hi. -Hi. | -好啊 -好 |
[10:22] | Martyn! | 马汀 |
[10:24] | Gray, darling! | 格雷 亲爱的 |
[10:28] | So. Classic. Clean. Powerful. | 典约 优雅 庄重 |
[10:33] | It’s a whole new delicious look | 完全是新的视觉享受 |
[10:35] | to match your title of Creative Director. | 正好衬托你创意总监的头衔 |
[10:37] | What do you think? Do you like it? | 你觉得怎么样 你喜欢吗 |
[10:39] | I’m afraid I don’t. | 恐怕我不喜欢它 |
[10:41] | I love it. | 我爱极了 |
[10:43] | You’re a genius. | 你是个天才 |
[10:50] | Thank you, Carter. | 谢谢你 卡特 |
[10:51] | Girl, how many hats does Gray have you wearing right now? | 格雷想让你一次戴多少顶帽子 |
[10:54] | More than you own. | 你所有的都不够 |
[10:55] | I doubt that. | 那不可能 |
[10:56] | Am I the only one that’s twice as busy since India left? | 自从英蒂安走了 我比过去忙了两倍 |
[11:01] | I think we’re all starting to feel the pressure. | 我想 我们都开始感觉到压力了 |
[11:02] | But you more than anyone. ‘Cause whenever Gray says jump… | 不过你更多一些 因为当格雷说叱责 |
[11:05] | I say, “Over whom?” And, “In pumps or flats?” | 我说 对谁 尖利的还是温柔的 |
[11:09] | I just really hope this new girl works out. | 我只是希望这个新人能够胜任 |
[11:14] | Well, don’t get your hopes up. | 不要期望太高 |
[11:27] | What can I do for you, | 我能为你做点什么 |
[11:29] | muffin? | 小松饼 |
[11:30] | That’s a “No” On kissing at work and the whole muffin thing. | 不要在工作的时候亲我也不要叫我小松饼 |
[11:34] | Yeah, I know. It didn’t quite feel right coming out. | 好吧 我懂 公开恋情的感觉不好 |
[11:37] | I need the kids here to respect me, Ben. | 我要我的学生尊敬我 本 |
[11:39] | We need to be professional. | 我们要保持专业 |
[11:40] | Got it. We’re on the same page. | 明白 我们现在想法一致了 |
[11:44] | So, what’s up? | 有什么事 |
[11:46] | I had a conversation with Jane this morning. | 我早上和简谈了谈 |
[11:48] | I’m just a little concerned. | 我有一点担心 |
[11:50] | Don’t worry. She’s good with it. | 不用担心 她会处理好的 |
[11:52] | -With what? -With us dating. | -处理什么 -咱俩约会的事 |
[11:55] | No. Ben. I’m concerned about Jane. | 不是的 本 我担心的是简 |
[11:58] | I just got her progress report and she’s falling behind. | 我刚得到她的学业报告 她落下了很多 |
[12:01] | I think this internship is just too demanding on her, | 我觉得这个实习工作对她来说太辛苦了 |
[12:04] | don’t you? | 你觉得呢 |
[12:06] | Actually, I kind of think it’s been good. | 事实上 我觉得那个挺好 |
[12:10] | But I promise I’ll make sure she stays focused on school. | 不过我保证会让她专注学业的 |
[12:14] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[12:15] | Because your love life depends on it? | 因为你的爱情生活取决于此 |
[12:18] | Bingo. | 答对了 |
[12:26] | I know you’ve all been working tremendously hard lately. | 我知道大家最近工作都非常努力 |
[12:31] | But you’re gonna have to work tremendously harder. | 但是 你们需要更加努力地工作 |
[12:33] | Donovan Decker has been selected to collaborate | 多诺万·德克尔被选中参与 |
[12:36] | on a capsule collection | 一场精品展览 |
[12:37] | with one of the world’s most famous luxury department stores, | 与世界最著名的奢侈品百货公司合作 |
[12:41] | Harrods. | 哈罗兹 |
[12:44] | That is, unless we blow it. | 就是说 除非我们搞砸它 |
[12:46] | And we cannot blow it. Understood? | 但是我们不会搞砸 懂吗 |
[12:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:51] | Didn’t I fire you? | 我开除你了吗 |
[12:54] | No. | 没有 |
[12:56] | See me in my office afterwards. | 稍后来我办公室 |
[12:59] | The style director assigned to oversee our Harrods collection | 造型总监明天将来审查我们 |
[13:02] | will be coming by tomorrow. | 的哈罗兹展览 |
[13:04] | Now, can anyone tell me | 现在 谁能告诉我 |
[13:06] | what is our number one priority? | 我们第一要务是什么 |
[13:11] | Carter? | 卡特 |
[13:13] | Um, to impress the style director and ensure Harrods is | 给造型总监留下好印象 |
[13:16] | confident that Donovan Decker has what it takes? | 使哈罗兹对多诺万·德克尔的能力有信心 |
[13:18] | Precisely. | 非常准确 |
[13:20] | Now, I need all hands on deck for the next two days. | 我要求所有人在接下来的两天里坚守岗位 |
[13:23] | No exceptions. Is that clear? | 无一例外 明白吗 |
[13:27] | If that is clear, then walk away and get back to work. | 明白的话就都回去工作吧 |
[13:32] | Now. | 马上 |
[13:35] | Can I talk to you for a moment? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[13:36] | As long as Gray doesn’t see. | 只要格雷看不到就行 |
[13:38] | Because apparently, we’re all supposed to be | 因为 显然我们应该 |
[13:39] | working tremendously harder than we were before. | 比之前还要努力地工作 |
[13:41] | Whatever that means. | 无论那意味着什么 |
[13:42] | Did you hear that she fired Sally? | 你听见了吗 她把莎莉炒了 |
[13:45] | -Do you mean Suzy? -Right. | -你的意思是苏西 -是的 |
[13:47] | Oh, my gosh. I’m turning into Gray, aren’t I? | 哦 天啊 我是不是越来越像格雷了 |
[13:48] | -Jane… -Not that that would be a bad thing. | -简 -那可能不是一件坏事 |
[13:49] | -I just think… -Jane! -What? | -我只是觉得 -简 -什么 |
[13:50] | I’m going to tell you something | 我要和你说一些事情 |
[13:51] | and I need you not to react, okay? | 你要保证不激动 |
[13:53] | Okay? | 好吧 |
[13:54] | No, no, no, no. I’m serious, Jane. | 不 不 不 我是认真的 简 |
[13:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:57] | Gray is giving you India’s old job. | 格雷要给你英蒂安原来的工作 |
[13:59] | What? Me? | 什么 我 |
[14:02] | No reaction. | 不要激动 |
[14:04] | Right. | 好的 |
[14:05] | Take over India’s job? | 接手英蒂安的工作 |
[14:08] | I am so not ready for that. | 我完全没有准备 |
[14:12] | Then you best get ready. | 那你最好赶快准备 |
[14:45] | Janey? You ready? | 小简 你好了吗 |
[14:47] | Almost! I’ll be out in a minute! | 快了 我马上出来 |
[14:58] | Morning, Miss Shaw. | 早上好 肖小姐 |
[14:59] | Good morning, Billy. | 早上好 比利 |
[15:00] | You are mind handing me the milk? | 你介意把牛奶递给我吗 |
[15:02] | Yes. Of course. | 当然没问题 |
[15:11] | Oh, and Miss Shaw? | 还有 肖小姐 |
[15:13] | Yes, Billy? | 怎么 比利 |
[15:15] | I think your toast is ready. | 我想你的吐司好了 |
[15:29] | Wait. You’re actually considering this? | 等等 你真的在考虑这个 |
[15:33] | No. | 不 |
[15:35] | Yes? I don’t know. | 是 我也不知道 |
[15:37] | I mean, taking India’s old job | 我是说 接手英蒂安的工作 |
[15:38] | would be the opportunity of a lifetime. | 可能是我一生中难得的机会 |
[15:40] | How could I say no? | 我怎么能拒绝呢 |
[15:42] | -What’s wrong? -Nothing, I… | -怎么了 -没什么 我 |
[15:45] | I just… | 我只是 |
[15:46] | You’d really consider leaving here? | 你真的考虑要离开这里吗 |
[15:49] | Just leaving school behind? | 把学校抛到脑后 |
[15:52] | Maybe. Why? | 也许 怎么了 |
[15:54] | No reason. | 没什么 |
[15:56] | Talk to me, Billy. | 跟我说 比利 |
[15:57] | No, I’m good. | 不 没什么 |
[15:59] | Oh, you’re good? Is that right? | 你没什么 就那样吗 |
[16:00] | Yeah. It is. | 是 就这样 |
[16:03] | Fine. Whatever. | 好吧 那随便吧 |
[16:04] | So, now you’re mad at me? | 你现在是生我气了吗 |
[16:05] | Yeah. I am. | 对 我生气了 |
[16:06] | Billy, you’ve been shutting me out. | 比利 你一直拒绝和我谈话 |
[16:08] | About everything. What is going on with you? | 关于所有的事 你到底怎么了 |
[16:10] | And how can I help if you won’t even talk to me? | 你什么都不和我谈 我怎么能帮你呢 |
[16:12] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想谈什么 |
[16:14] | For starters, how about the fashion show? | 先从时装秀谈起怎么样 |
[16:16] | You ran out before we could even have a conversation. | 就在我们准备谈话的时候你跑开了 |
[16:18] | It was nothing, Janey. | 那没什么 小简 |
[16:19] | Nothing? That’s your story? | 没什么 这就是你的故事 |
[16:24] | Look, I was in a bad place. | 听着 我当时处境不好 |
[16:26] | I was getting sent away. That’s it. | 我就要被送走了 就这样 |
[16:29] | There’s nothing for us to talk about. | 我们没有什么要谈的 |
[16:31] | Things are different now. | 现在事情不同了 |
[16:33] | I’m different. | 我不一样了 |
[16:34] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 对 给我讲讲 |
[16:36] | What is that supposed to mean? | 那意味着什么 |
[16:37] | It means you have changed. | 意味着 你变了 |
[16:39] | And, if you ask me, it’s not for the better. | 而且在我看来 这并不是积极的改变 |
[16:45] | I didn’t ask you, Jane. | 我又没问你的看法 简 |
[16:48] | Fine! Then be that way! | 好吧 随你 |
[16:50] | – I will! – Well, then do it! | -当然 -那你就这样吧 |
[16:52] | I said I will! | 我说了 当然 |
[16:55] | What was that about? | 这怎么回事 |
[16:57] | I don’t know, Ben. Maybe I took your advice | 不知道 本 我听取了你的建议 |
[16:59] | and I tried to talk to him about the whole “It’s you” thing | 试着和他谈了一下那个问题 |
[17:02] | and maybe it backfired. | 结果却适得其反 |
[17:05] | Sorry about that. | 真遗憾 |
[17:10] | I’m worried about Billy. | 我很担心比利 |
[17:12] | It can’t be easy for him to fall back into his old life here. | 让他回归原来的校园生活并不容易 |
[17:15] | Well, maybe you could help him | 那也许你可以让他投入到 |
[17:16] | find something positive to focus on? | 一些积极向上的事情上去 |
[17:18] | Such as? | 比如呢 |
[17:20] | I don’t know, maybe an activity or something? | 我不知道 或者参加一些活动 |
[17:22] | Like mathletes. Or chess club. | 比如数学竞赛 或者象棋社 |
[17:25] | – I’m being serious, Rita. – So am I. | -我跟你说真的 丽塔 -我也是 |
[17:27] | Come on. Chess? Mathletes? | 拜托 象棋 数学竞赛 |
[17:30] | What, do you want him to be more of an outcast? | 你想让他变得更加孤立吗 |
[17:32] | Those are terrible clubs. | 那些社团糟透了 |
[17:34] | I was in those clubs, Ben. | 我以前就在那些社团 本 |
[17:35] | And you were adorable doing it. Shoot. | 而且你很让人崇拜 糟了 |
[17:39] | Vice Principal Jenkins! | 詹金斯副校长 |
[17:40] | What a surprise to see you! In the hall. | 在我们工作的学校走廊上遇见您 |
[17:42] | At school. Where we work. Hey, Rita. | 真是难得呀 嗨 丽塔 |
[17:44] | What’re you naughty kids up to this fine morning? | 你们这些调皮鬼一大早在做什么 |
[17:47] | Naughty? Why would you even… we are… were… | 调皮鬼 您怎么会来 我们 |
[17:49] | We were just talking. That is all. | 我们刚才在聊天 没干嘛 |
[17:52] | I said “Mop”! | 我说 “拖把” |
[17:53] | – And I’ll stop talking now. – Good idea. | -现在开始保持沉默 -好的 |
[17:55] | Good morning, Jenkins. | 早上好 詹金斯 |
[17:56] | Good morning, Rita. And… | 早上好 丽塔 还有 |
[18:00] | Ben. | 本 |
[18:07] | That was close. | 真是吓了一跳 |
[18:08] | No. That was awkward. | 不是 是尴尬 |
[18:09] | Really awkward. What’s gotten into you? | 非常尴尬 你刚才在想什么呢 |
[18:10] | You said you want to keep it professional at work, right? | 你说要保持工作的专业性 是吧 |
[18:13] | – Do you think he knows? – Knows what? | -你觉得他知道吗 -知道什么 |
[18:16] | About you and me, of course. | 就是我和你在一起呀 |
[18:18] | How would he know that, Ben? | 他怎么会知道 本 |
[18:19] | Are you kidding? We ooze chemistry. | 别傻了 我们擦出了火花 |
[18:22] | Don’t say ooze. | 别用”擦出”这词 |
[18:33] | How are you, Billy? | 你还好吗 比利 |
[18:35] | Oh, you know how it is, | 你懂的 |
[18:36] | just trying to get my bearings back. | 努力找回原来的生活状态 |
[18:39] | – That’s good. – Yep. | -那挺好 -是呀 |
[18:41] | So, what’s been going on with you? | 你这一段日子过得如何 |
[18:44] | Sorry. Stupid question. | 抱歉 我不该这么问 |
[18:47] | So, you and Fadden, huh? | 你和费登在一起了 是吧 |
[18:48] | How’s that one working out for you? | 你们进展如何 |
[18:51] | To be honest, I thought it was going pretty well. | 说实话 本来我觉得挺好的 |
[18:54] | That is until you got back. | 但你回来之后 |
[18:57] | I thought I could forget about us, but… | 我以为我放下了我们之间的感情 可是 |
[18:59] | There is no more us, Lu. | 我们已经结束了 露 |
[19:02] | But I really do hope things between you and Nick work out. | 但我真心希望你和尼克能好好在一起 |
[19:04] | Because you deserve it. | 因为你是个好姑娘 |
[19:22] | You’re precipitating. | 你这儿开始沉淀了 |
[19:23] | – Excuse me? – Your calcium is starting to form a precipitate. | -你说什么 -你的钙开始产生沉淀物了 |
[19:26] | You should dry out the crystals. | 你得把这些晶体弄干 |
[19:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:35] | – Busy, huh? – Mmm-hmm. | -在忙呢 -嗯 |
[19:38] | You’re not gonna cut me any slack here, are you? | 你不会轻易放过我的 对吧 |
[19:43] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[19:44] | But just a little. | 但也不会太狠 |
[19:47] | Okay. I guess I deserve that. | 好吧 我觉得是我活该 |
[19:52] | I’m really sorry, Jane. | 我真的很抱歉 简 |
[19:55] | For what it’s worth, I made a big mistake. | 不管怎么说 我犯了个大错 |
[19:58] | Huge, in fact. And I regret it. | 严重的错误 我为此感到后悔 |
[20:02] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[20:04] | Really, I’m just distracted. | 真的 我只是有点分心 |
[20:07] | And you know what? I think it all worked out for the best. | 你知道吗 我觉得这样是最好的结果 |
[20:10] | You and Lulu seem very happy. | 你和露露看起来很幸福 |
[20:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[20:14] | The thing is… | 问题是 |
[20:16] | I… | 我 |
[20:17] | 格雷: 半小时内过来 不然就算了 | |
[20:20] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:22] | Yeah, it’s just, um… | 没事 只是 |
[20:25] | Oh, I, uh… | 我 |
[20:27] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:28] | Oh. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:40] | You wanted to see me, Ben? | 你找我吗 本 |
[20:42] | Good hands. Good hands. | 接得很准嘛 |
[20:44] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[20:45] | First day back. How’re you doing? | 第一天回来 感觉如何 |
[20:49] | I’m fine, Ben. | 我没事 本 |
[20:52] | Oh, I get it. This must be the part | 我懂了 你一定是要问我 |
[20:55] | where you ask me how I’m adjusting. | 调整得怎么样了 是吧 |
[20:56] | No, I just thought now that you’re back, | 不是 我就是觉得既然回来了 |
[20:58] | you might want to hit the ground running. | 也许你会想让生活充实一点 |
[21:01] | Find a positive outlet. | 找点积极的乐子 |
[21:03] | For what? | 做什么 |
[21:04] | I don’t know, something to keep you busy. | 我不知道 但能让你的生活充实 |
[21:07] | Focus your energy. | 让你的精力集中 |
[21:08] | Such as… | 比如 |
[21:10] | How about football? | 你觉得橄榄球如何 |
[21:13] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[21:14] | Yeah. You got a pair of hands on you. I mean, | 真的 你的手很敏捷 |
[21:16] | you’re a little stringy, but you’re probably very elusive. | 虽然你瘦了点 但是你可能很灵活 |
[21:21] | Hard to tackle. | 让人难以拦截 |
[21:24] | Baseball? | 棒球呢 |
[21:25] | Oh, my. Are you kidding me right now? | 天呐 你在跟我开玩笑呢吗 |
[21:27] | Why not just give it a shot? | 为什么不试试呢 |
[21:28] | Look, Ben. I appreciate you trying to help reacclimate me | 本 我很感激你这么费心 |
[21:32] | or whatever it is that you’re trying to do here. | 帮我重新适应校园环境 |
[21:33] | But, in case you hadn’t noticed, | 但你也许没发现 |
[21:36] | I’m not really the team sport type. | 我真的不擅长团队运动 |
[21:40] | Are you sure you’re doing okay? | 你确定你一切都好吗 |
[21:45] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[21:46] | Because, Jane told me about… | 因为简告诉我 |
[21:48] | Do you really want to do this, Benjamin? | 别问了好吗 本杰明 |
[21:50] | – I’d like to. – I’d prefer if we didn’t. | -我想问 -可我不想 |
[21:52] | Excuse me. Coming through. | 不好意思 让一让 |
[21:54] | Hi, guys. I have to leave school because of an emergency at work | 你们好 我有急事得赶紧离开学校 |
[21:56] | and Rita can’t know under any circumstances | 千万别让丽塔知道 |
[21:57] | because then I would lose my internship and that can’t happen. | 不然我会被终止实习 万万不可 |
[22:00] | So I really need you guys to help me out okay? | 所以我急需你们的帮助 |
[22:01] | Can you cover for me? | 你们能替我打个掩护吗 |
[22:02] | – No way. – I don’t think so. | -没门 -不行 |
[22:04] | What? | 什么 |
[22:05] | Look, I know that you are mad at me | 我知道你在生我的气 |
[22:08] | and that you don’t really like to do this sort of thing, | 你也不喜欢做这样的事 |
[22:09] | but can’t you just cover for me? | 但你们就不能帮我一下吗 |
[22:11] | Maybe like a cold, cramps, anything. | 说我感冒 肚子疼之类的 |
[22:14] | I don’t like lying to Rita. | 我不喜欢向丽塔撒谎 |
[22:16] | It’s just a teeny-tiny little white lie. | 这只是小小的善意谎言而已 |
[22:19] | And that’s how it all starts. | 也就是弥天大谎的开端 |
[22:20] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[22:22] | Fine. I don’t need your help. | 好吧 我不要你们帮忙了 |
[22:25] | I can handle this on my own. | 我自己可以搞定 |
[22:51] | Oops. Sorry. Sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[22:53] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[22:54] | Hey, I’m actually a little lost. | 嘿 其实我有点迷路 |
[22:56] | Oh, well, maybe I can point you in the right direction. | 那么也许我能为你指个路 |
[22:59] | Who are you delivering those to? | 你要把这些东西送去给谁 |
[23:00] | You think I’m a flower delivery guy? | 你以为我是个送花的伙计吗 |
[23:02] | I did. A second ago. Now I’m a little unsure. | 我刚才是这么想的 现在不大确定 |
[23:05] | They’re for Gray Chandler Murray. | 这是送给格雷·钱德勒·莫里的 |
[23:06] | Oh. Great. I’m Gray’s assistant. Jane. | 太好了 我是格雷的助手 简 |
[23:08] | So I can just take those to her. | 我可以直接拿给她 |
[23:10] | I’d rather give them to her myself if that’s okay. | 方便的话 我想亲自给她 |
[23:13] | The thing is Gray’s not exactly the hand delivery type. | 但格雷不是会亲自签收的那种人 |
[23:16] | What type is she? | 那她是哪种人 |
[23:17] | She’s more of a “Don’t bother me with that kind of crap” type. | 她这种人会说”别拿这种琐事来烦我” |
[23:19] | So, if you’re not the flower delivery guy, who are you? | 如果你不是送花的 那你是谁 |
[23:21] | Eli. I have an appointment with Gray. | 伊莱 我已经约了格雷 |
[23:23] | Today? | 今天 |
[23:25] | No, it’s tomorrow. | 不 明天 |
[23:26] | I just thought I’d get here early in case I got lost. | 我只是想早点来 以免到时迷路 |
[23:28] | Why would you get here a whole day… | 那你为什么早来了一天 |
[23:30] | Oh, that was a joke. | 喔 那是个玩笑 |
[23:32] | – Funny. – You didn’t laugh. | -有趣 -可你没笑 |
[23:35] | Well, it wasn’t laugh out loud funny. | 有趣又不是非得大笑 |
[23:37] | The thing is Gray doesn’t have any appointments today. | 问题是今天格雷没有任何预约 |
[23:40] | Well, she called me directly. | 她直接打电话给我的 |
[23:41] | Gray? Called you? On the phone? | 格雷 打电话给你吗 |
[23:43] | Yeah. Crazy, right? | 是啊 难以置信吧 |
[23:45] | So, what is this appointment about? | 那么 这是关于什么的预约呢 |
[23:46] | Something about a job opening. | 是关于一个空缺职位的事情 |
[23:48] | A job. And you’re interviewing for it? | 职位 你是来面试的吗 |
[23:50] | Yeah. Are you gonna point me in the right direction | 是呀 你给我引见一下吗 |
[23:52] | or should I… | 还是我自己找 |
[23:54] | Oh, gosh. Yes, sorry. Right this way. | 是的 不好意思 从这里走 |
[23:55] | So, you got any tips for me? | 那么 你能否给我点建议 |
[23:58] | Tips? | 建议吗 |
[23:59] | Yeah, you know, like advice for the interview. | 关于面试的建议 |
[24:01] | Oh, um, just don’t take anything Gray says to you personally. | 对了 格雷说什么你都别往心里去 |
[24:04] | She can be a little cold. | 她有一点冷漠 |
[24:07] | So, you’re saying she’s mean? | 你是说她很刻薄吗 |
[24:09] | Oh, no, no, no. Not mean. | 不 不 不是刻薄 |
[24:10] | – She’s just not very… – Nice? | -她只是有点不太 -友好 |
[24:12] | Eli, you’re here! | 伊莱 你来了 |
[24:14] | Oh! And you brought me flowers. | 还给我带了花 |
[24:17] | Yeah, well, I haven’t seen you in a while. | 是呀 我很久没见你了 |
[24:19] | And I know lilies are your favorite. | 我知道你最喜欢百合花 |
[24:21] | Jane, I see you’ve met my nephew, Eli. | 简 你见过我的侄子伊莱了 |
[24:23] | Yeah, we… Nephew? | 是呀 我们 侄子 |
[24:26] | Yeah. Jane was actually just talking about you. | 是的 简正在说你呢 |
[24:29] | Oh. And what did she say? | 她说什么了 |
[24:32] | Only that you’re warm and gorgeous and incredibly talented. | 说你热情又美丽 非常有才华 |
[24:36] | Is that right? | 是这样吗 |
[24:38] | That is right. | 是的 |
[24:40] | Eli, come into my office. | 伊莱 来我的办公室 |
[24:41] | Jane, hold all my calls. | 简 转接所有来电 |
[24:44] | It was nice to meet you, Jane. | 很高兴见到你 简 |
[24:49] | Nephew? | 侄子 |
[25:00] | Who is that? | 那人是谁 |
[25:02] | His name is Eli. | 他叫伊莱 |
[25:04] | I don’t like the look of him. | 我不喜欢他的样子 |
[25:05] | Well, you should probably keep that one to yourself. | 你最好把这话藏心底 |
[25:08] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[25:09] | Because he is Gray’s nephew. | 因为他是格雷的侄子 |
[25:12] | And from the looks of it, | 而且 照这个形势来看 |
[25:13] | he might also be India’s new replacement. | 他很有可能接替英蒂安的职位 |
[25:30] | He seems great. | 他看起来真棒 |
[25:32] | He is. | 他确实很棒 |
[25:34] | Something you want to add? | 你有什么想补充的吗 |
[25:36] | No. I… | 没有 我 |
[25:38] | Spit it out, Jane. | 有话就说 简 |
[25:40] | I just… | 我只是 |
[25:42] | I feel a little silly saying this, | 觉得说这些话很可笑 |
[25:44] | but for a second there I thought that | 但是有那么一阵子 |
[25:46] | I was in the running for India’s job. | 我以为自己是在争取英蒂安的工作 |
[25:49] | You are. | 没错 |
[26:00] | Where’s Jane? | 简在哪儿 |
[26:02] | My sister, Jane? | 我妹妹简吗 |
[26:04] | Yes, Ben. Your sister Jane. | 没错 本 你妹妹简 |
[26:06] | I heard she went home early. | 我听说她早退了 |
[26:07] | And right after I had that talk with her. | 就在我刚跟她谈过话之后 |
[26:09] | Did you know about this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[26:10] | Yes. I am aware of her departure. | 是的 我知道她提前回家了 |
[26:13] | What’d she say? | 她说什么了 |
[26:14] | She said some things about cramps. | 她说肚子疼 |
[26:19] | Cramps. | 肚子疼 |
[26:20] | Cramps. You know, lady stuff. | 是呀 你懂的 女人的事情 |
[26:23] | I’m not that familiar with lady stuff, | 我不太熟悉女人的那些事 |
[26:26] | so I’d really rather not discuss it. | 所以我不愿意去讨论 |
[26:29] | Uh-huh. | 是吗 |
[26:37] | Hi, Billy. | 比利 |
[26:39] | Hello, Miss Shaw. | 你好 肖小姐 |
[26:40] | I heard Jane went home. She okay? | 我听说简回家了 她没事吧 |
[26:42] | She’ll be fine. Just a cold. | 她会没事的 感冒而已 |
[26:45] | – Is that right? – Mmm-hmm. | -没搞错吧 -没有呀 |
[26:47] | – A cold? – Yeah. | -感冒了 -是的 |
[26:50] | All right, peace. | 好了 再见 |
[27:00] | White chocolate half-caff latte. Your favorite. | 白巧克力半咖拿铁 你的最爱 |
[27:02] | And I picked up the tear sheets that you wanted this morning. | 我弄好了你今天早上要用的撕样 |
[27:04] | And I got you a reservation tomorrow night at Per Se. | 还帮你在餐厅预订了明晚的位置 |
[27:07] | I thought you said they were booked up | 我记得你说过这家餐厅的预订 |
[27:08] | for the next two months. | 已经排到两个月以后了 |
[27:09] | They are. I pulled some strings. | 的确如此 我暗箱操作了一下 |
[27:11] | Well done, Jane. | 做得好 简 |
[27:12] | And I thought you might like to take a look at these. | 还有 我想你也许想看看这些 |
[27:15] | – What’s this? – Some sketches of mine. | -这是什么 -我画的设计草图 |
[27:16] | Just some new ideas for the accessories line. | 就是一些关于配饰系列的新想法 |
[27:19] | I’ll take a look. | 我会看的 |
[27:21] | Impressive. | 很棒嘛 |
[27:24] | You’re still here. | 你还在这里呢 |
[27:26] | Yeah, Gray said I should | 是啊 格雷和我 |
[27:27] | stick around a while and check out the place. | 会在这里呆段时间 熟悉一下 |
[27:29] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[27:32] | It is. | 是的 |
[27:33] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[27:42] | Hello, Jane. | 你好 简 |
[27:45] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[27:46] | – You just did. – What? | -你已经问了 -什么 |
[27:48] | You asked if you could ask me something. | 你刚才问我 能不能问我点事情 |
[27:50] | Technically, that is a question. | 严格地说 这就是个问题 |
[27:51] | Sometimes you are way too British. | 有些时候你太英国式了 |
[27:53] | There’s no such thing. | 才没这回事呢 |
[27:54] | Okay, come on, I’m serious, Jeremy. | 好了 我可是认真的 杰里米 |
[27:57] | At your service, Miss Quimby. | 请讲 昆比小姐 |
[27:59] | Okay, so about this whole job offer thing. | 好的 关于申请职位这件事 |
[28:02] | Do you really think it’s a good idea? | 你真的认为这是个好主意吗 |
[28:04] | In what respect? | 在什么方面 |
[28:05] | Well, in that I’m an assistant. | 比如说 我只是个助理 |
[28:08] | And the closest I’ve come to studying design is, | 我学习设计最实际的方法就是 |
[28:10] | I don’t know, the endless hours I spent | 每个周末没完没了地 |
[28:12] | poring over theversastyle.Com | 研究时尚珍贝网站 |
[28:14] | and fashion magazines every weekend. | 以及时尚杂志 |
[28:15] | This is a huge job. | 这工作责任重大 |
[28:18] | Why would Gray trust me to handle something like this? | 格雷凭什么相信我能处理好这些事情 |
[28:20] | Because you can. | 因为你能 |
[28:21] | Eli seems way more qualified and he’s… | 伊莱看起来更有资历 而且他是 |
[28:24] | He’s nothing to worry about. | 他不值得担心 |
[28:26] | You have to run your own race, Jane. | 你得坚持自己 简 |
[28:28] | And you, you’ve got what it takes. | 而且你有实力做好这份工作 |
[28:31] | You really think so? | 你真的这么想 |
[28:32] | I know so. | 事实如此 |
[28:33] | Plus, you deserve it. | 再说了 这是你应得的 |
[28:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:36] | I just really don’t know | 我真的不知道 |
[28:37] | if this is the right thing for me right now. | 在这个时候 争取这份工作是否合适 |
[28:39] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[28:40] | I have a lot of stuff going on at home. | 我家里有很多事情 |
[28:42] | My best friend was away for a while and now he’s back and… | 最好的朋友离开了一阵 现在他回来了 |
[28:46] | Is this the same friend from the fashion show? | 是那个时尚秀上的朋友吗 |
[28:49] | Isn’t he the reason you turned me down? | 你拒绝了我 就是因为他吧 |
[28:53] | Jeremy, we’ve talked about this. | 杰里米 我们已经谈过这件事了 |
[28:55] | You’re my mentor and my friend. | 你对我亦师亦友 |
[28:58] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in. | 是呀 是呀 没必要反复讲 |
[29:01] | All I’m saying is I don’t know | 我想说的是 我不知道 |
[29:02] | if it’s the right time to leave him… | 现在该不该离开他 |
[29:05] | To leave him behind. | 置之不顾 |
[29:08] | That is why he was so upset. | 怪不得他那么生气 |
[29:10] | I’m not really following your chain of thought here. | 我没有跟上你的思路 |
[29:13] | Oh, it’s nothing. Sorry. | 没什么 抱歉 |
[29:20] | Thank you. Thank you for all your help. | 谢谢你 感谢你的帮助 |
[29:25] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[29:41] | What’s up? | 你好 |
[29:53] | 简: 对不起 我们能谈谈吗 | |
[30:20] | One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand… | 一千零一 一千零二 一千零三 |
[30:24] | – Hey, you. – What’s going on with you? | -是你呀 -你是怎么了 |
[30:27] | I was parched. | 我很渴 |
[30:28] | You’re avoiding me. | 你在躲着我 |
[30:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀 |
[30:30] | I’m trying to keep things discreet. | 我在保持低调 |
[30:33] | Between us. You know? | 我们俩的事情 懂吗 |
[30:34] | You’re lying to me about Jane. | 简的事 你对我撒谎了 |
[30:36] | What? No. | 什么 没呀 |
[30:37] | Billy said she has a cold. | 比利说她感冒了 |
[30:38] | – That was me! – You said she had cramps. | -是我说的 -你说她肚子疼 |
[30:40] | Did not. I have to go. | 才没有 我得走了 |
[30:41] | Go where? | 去哪里 |
[30:42] | I have to go to the house to check on Jane. | 我得回家看看简 |
[30:46] | You’ve got me really worried about these cold cramps. | 你说什么感冒肚子疼的 让我开始担心了 |
[30:48] | That’s a great idea. I’m going with you. | 真是个好主意 我和你一起去 |
[30:51] | And if Jane isn’t home sick in bed, | 如果简没有因病卧床 |
[30:52] | that internship of hers is over. | 那她的实习就到此为止 |
[31:04] | Let’s get Jane home now. | 我们得赶紧把简叫回家 |
[31:06] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[31:07] | The collective brain power of you and me. | 咱俩得发挥集体智慧的力量 |
[31:08] | That’s what happened. | 这就是当务之急 |
[31:09] | You said cramps, didn’t you? | 你说的是肚子疼 是不是 |
[31:11] | There’s no time for blame. Yes. I said cramps. | 没时间追究责任了 我说的是肚子疼 |
[31:13] | You just couldn’t stay out of it, could you? | 你不能撒手不管的 |
[31:15] | I told Rita that I was going home to check on Jane, | 我告诉丽塔 我要回家看简 |
[31:17] | and now she’s coming with me. | 这下可好 她要跟我一起去 |
[31:18] | So Jane has to be home, in bed, sick, and fast. | 简必须得在家躺着装病 立刻马上 |
[31:21] | I thought we were staying out of it. | 我还以为咱们避开麻烦了呢 |
[31:23] | Can’t you just call her? | 你不能给她打电话吗 |
[31:24] | I’ve called her like a dozen times. | 我给她打了十几个电话了 |
[31:25] | It keeps going to voicemail. | 一直转到语音信箱 |
[31:26] | Ben, it’s just the whole racing to save Jane thing, | 本 所有为简救场的事情 |
[31:30] | it’s not really my problem anymore. | 跟我再也没任何关系了 |
[31:32] | Look. I’m not happy about this either, | 我也不愿意这样 |
[31:34] | and I know you two are going through | 而且我也知道你们俩现在 |
[31:35] | some sort of weird time right now, | 正处于尴尬期 |
[31:37] | but she needs us. | 但是她需要咱们 |
[31:38] | Otherwise | 要不然 |
[31:39] | this whole fashion dream thing of hers is out the window. | 她的时尚梦想就要化为泡影了 |
[31:43] | She’s my sister. | 她是我的妹妹 |
[31:45] | I can’t bring myself to do that to her. Can you? | 我不忍心那样对她 你可以吗 |
[31:53] | I can’t compete with this guy. | 我没法跟这个家伙竞争 |
[31:55] | Trust me. She’s not going to hire her nephew. | 相信我 她不会雇佣自己的侄子 |
[31:57] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[31:58] | Look, I didn’t go to school for design. | 我没上过设计学院 |
[32:01] | And I know my technique isn’t exactly refined | 我也知道自己的技术不够精湛 |
[32:04] | like the rest of you extremely talented people. | 比不上你们这些极具才华的人 |
[32:06] | But, given the chance, | 但是给我一个机会 |
[32:07] | I might be able to bring something new | 我也许会给多诺万·德克尔 |
[32:08] | to the table here at Donovan Decker. | 带来些新东西 |
[32:10] | Something different. Something fresh. | 不一样的 全新的东西 |
[32:12] | Now I heard that you’re already | 听说你已经在出售 |
[32:13] | selling your own line, is that true? | 自己的系列作品了 是真的吗 |
[32:16] | I do what I can. | 我量力而为 |
[32:17] | Mostly, right now I’m just | 现在我主要在快闪零售店 |
[32:18] | selling my stuff at pop-up shops or on the street. | 和街边出售自己的作品 |
[32:20] | Honestly, the money I make barely covers materials, | 老实说 赚的钱还不够成本 |
[32:23] | but I love it. | 但是我喜欢这样 |
[32:25] | And that’s what it’s all about. | 爱好就是一切 |
[32:26] | Yeah, I think so, too, Carter. | 我也这么想 卡特 |
[32:29] | Are you listening to this? He’s perfect. | 你听到了吗 他太完美了 |
[32:31] | He’s charming and talented and good-looking. | 他很迷人 又有才华 长得又帅 |
[32:34] | He’s not that good-looking. | 他没有那么帅啦 |
[32:36] | I’m serious, Jeremy. | 我说真的 杰里米 |
[32:37] | There’s no way I actually have a chance of getting this job. | 我肯定没机会得到这份工作了 |
[32:39] | Not if I’m up against a guy like that. | 除非不是跟他那样的人竞争 |
[32:41] | Which I am. | 可偏偏就是 |
[32:42] | Please. It’s a courtesy, Jane. | 拜托 这是种礼貌 简 |
[32:44] | A family obligation. | 一种家庭责任 |
[32:45] | This is Gray we’re talking about. | 我们谈论的可是格雷 |
[32:47] | She’s not going to actually hire anyone | 她不会真的雇佣 |
[32:48] | she has to be nice to. | 一个必须要善待的人 |
[32:50] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[32:53] | You are probably right. | 也许你是对的 |
[32:55] | Yeah, I’m always right. | 是呀 我一向是对的 |
[33:03] | You said we were leaving | 二十分钟前你就说 |
[33:05] | to check on Jane 20 minutes ago. | 我们要出发去看简了 |
[33:06] | And we are. I just have to grade | 没错呀 只是我还得 |
[33:08] | a few more of these puppies and we are on our way. | 给这些小家伙们先打分 然后再出发 |
[33:15] | Ten minutes, Ben. And then we’re going. | 十分钟 本 然后我们出发 |
[33:17] | Understood? | 明白了吗 |
[33:19] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[33:21] | And if I find out you are lying, | 如果我发现你在撒谎 |
[33:22] | we’re gonna have a serious issue. | 那我们的问题就很严重了 |
[33:33] | I’m pleased to announce | 我很高兴地宣布 |
[33:35] | that I have found the perfect person | 我找到了一个非常合适的人来接替 |
[33:37] | to fill the vacancy left by India Jourdain. | 英蒂安·乔丹的职位 |
[33:39] | – It’s you. – What? | -就是你 -什么 |
[33:41] | I’m certain of it. | 我很确定 |
[33:43] | This person has proven that | 这个人已经证明 |
[33:44] | they have exceptional creativity and style. | 自己具有杰出的创意和风格 |
[33:48] | This person is destined | 这个人注定会成为 |
[33:50] | to be a rising star here at Donovan Decker. | 多诺万·德克尔的冉冉新星 |
[33:57] | This person is… | 这个人就是 |
[33:58] | Wait! | 等一下 |
[34:00] | What, Jane? | 怎么了 简 |
[34:01] | I’m sorry. I just… | 很抱歉 只是我 |
[34:04] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[34:06] | Can’t? | 不能 |
[34:07] | I can’t do this. | 我不能做这个 |
[34:10] | I’d like to take myself out of the running. | 我想退出竞争 |
[34:12] | I’m so sorry, Gray. | 很抱歉 格雷 |
[34:14] | I really am grateful. | 我真的很感激 |
[34:17] | I just… | 只是我 |
[34:18] | I don’t think I’m ready for this. | 我想我还没有准备好 |
[34:20] | And I agree. | 我同意 |
[34:22] | Which is why I’m pleased to introduce our newest designer, | 所以我非常高兴地向大家介绍新设计师 |
[34:25] | Eli Chandler. | 伊莱·钱德勒 |
[34:39] | Billy, what are you doing here? | 比利 你来干什么 |
[34:41] | – We need to get you home. – What happened? | -我们得把你带回家 -出什么事了 |
[34:43] | What do you think happened? | 你觉得会出什么事 |
[34:44] | Ben said cramps, didn’t he? | 本说成肚子疼了 是不是 |
[34:46] | Yeah. You know your brother doesn’t think fast on his feet. | 你哥哥嘴巴跑得比脑袋快 |
[34:48] | This is true. | 这是真的 |
[34:48] | And now Miss Shaw is on her way | 现在肖小姐正在去你家的路上 |
[34:49] | to your house to visit your sickbed. | 去看望病床上的你 |
[34:51] | What do you think’s faster right now? | 你觉得现在走哪条路更快 |
[34:52] | 5th or Lex? We’re gonna have to… | 第五大道还是法律大道 我们得 |
[34:54] | You came for me. | 你为我而来 |
[34:56] | I did. | 是的 |
[34:58] | And I’m not gonna let that be for nothing. Come on. | 我可不想白忙一场 快走 |
[35:01] | We have to get you home. Now. | 我们得马上把你带回家 |
[35:05] | Jane, I’m on my way to the house. | 简 我现在要回家了 |
[35:07] | I’ve stalled as long as I can | 我已经尽力拖延了 |
[35:09] | and I just can’t keep lying to Rita. | 我不能再对丽塔撒谎了 |
[35:12] | Your chariot awaits. | 你的座驾已备好 |
[35:14] | Mmm-hmm. Drive. Now. | 开车吧 |
[35:40] | What was that for? | 这是干什么呢 |
[35:41] | No reason. | 没什么 |
[35:55] | Oh, this is a shortcut. Oh! | 这是条捷径 |
[36:32] | Come on, Janey! | 快呀 小简 |
[36:56] | Oh, wait. Pajamas! | 等等 睡衣 |
[37:05] | Jane? | 简 |
[37:12] | Jane? | 简 |
[37:14] | Are you feeling okay? | 你感觉还好吗 |
[37:20] | Maybe we should just let her sleep a little bit. | 也许我们应该让她多睡一会 |
[37:23] | Wait a minute. What is going on here? | 等等 这里是怎么了 |
[37:31] | Oh, hey guys. | 你们好 |
[37:33] | I’m feeling much… | 我觉得 |
[37:36] | Much better. I just have a cold. | 好多了 我只是感冒了 |
[37:40] | And cramps. So I just needed to… | 还有点肚子疼 所以我得 |
[37:43] | Double whammy. | 祸不单行 |
[37:45] | Hmm. Well, feel better, okay, Jane? | 快点好起来 简 |
[37:48] | Thanks, Miss Shaw. | 谢谢你 肖小姐 |
[37:58] | – I’m sorry, Ben. – For what? | -很抱歉 本 -为什么 |
[38:01] | For the whole manhunt thing. Coming down on you. | 为了这次找人事件 还责备你 |
[38:05] | Honestly, I feel terrible for questioning you, | 坦白说 我感觉很糟 居然怀疑你 |
[38:07] | accusing you of lying. | 指责你撒谎 |
[38:08] | I don’t know what got into me. | 我不知道自己是怎么了 |
[38:10] | I think you’re just being the best guidance counselor | 我想你只是想做有史以来 |
[38:14] | in the history of guidance counselors, that’s all. | 最好的辅导员 仅此而已 |
[38:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:31] | That was far, far too close. | 刚才真是千钧一发 |
[38:34] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[38:35] | Oh, my gosh. And how about me turning down that job | 我拒绝了一份压根没得到的工作 |
[38:38] | that I wasn’t even being offered? | 又是怎么回事 |
[38:40] | So embarrassing. | 太窘了 |
[38:42] | It wasn’t so bad. | 没有那么糟糕了 |
[38:46] | Okay, it was pretty bad. | 好吧 确实挺糟糕的 |
[38:50] | I counted eight people cringing. | 我数了数 有八个人在谄笑 |
[38:53] | Did you count me? | 算上我了吗 |
[38:55] | Okay. Nine. | 好吧 九个 |
[38:59] | I know you wanted that job. | 我知道你很想要那份工作 |
[39:02] | Honestly, I wasn’t ready | 坦白说 我还没有准备好 |
[39:03] | to leave being a teenager behind just yet. | 告别青少年时代 |
[39:07] | And I am definitely not ready to leave you. | 毫无疑问的是 我没有准备好离开你 |
[39:15] | Two months away. It was a long time, Billy. | 你离开的两个月日子很难熬 比利 |
[39:20] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[39:22] | I missed you, too, Janey. | 我也很想你 小简 |
[39:25] | Being away was terrible and lonely. | 离开这里 很糟糕 很孤单 |
[39:31] | But knowing you’d be here waiting | 但是我知道你在等着我 |
[39:36] | was the only thing that got me through. | 这是支撑我熬过那两个月的唯一动力 |
[39:41] | I have to ask you… | 我不得不问 |
[39:45] | You said, “It’s you,” | 你说的”是你” |
[39:48] | and I need to know if you meant… | 我想知道你的意思是不是 |
[39:52] | I meant | 是的 |
[39:57] | that it’s you, Janey. | 就是你 小简 |
[40:00] | You… | 你 |
[40:03] | are my best friend. | 是我最好的朋友 |
[40:09] | The very best. | 最好最好的 |
[40:12] | And I don’t want that to ever change. | 我不想改变这点 |
[40:22] | Because that’s what’s most important, right? | 因为这才是最重要的 对不对 |
[40:26] | Yeah. It is. | 是的 |
[40:44] | Remember. | 记住 |
[40:45] | We must impress this hair style director | 我们必须不惜一切 |
[40:47] | at any cost. | 给这个发型指导留下好印象 |
[40:50] | Donovan is depending on us. | 多诺万全靠我们了 |
[40:55] | Hello, losers. | 你们好 失败者 |
[40:58] | That’s right. I’m the one you’ve been waiting for. | 没错 我就是你们等的人 |
[41:03] | Where’s Jane? | 简在哪里呢 |
[41:04] | I can’t wait to catch up. | 我很期待来一场小聚 |