时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | That’s me. Jane Quimby. | 这就是我 简·昆比 |
[00:01] | My life is a little complicated right now. | 我目前的生活有点复杂 |
[00:03] | I landed my fashion dream job working for her, | 我得到了梦想中的时尚工作 效力于她 |
[00:05] | Gray Chandler Murray. | 格雷·钱德勒·莫里 |
[00:06] | The only problem, they think I’m an adult. | 唯一的问题是 他们以为我是成年人 |
[00:09] | Now I am juggling two secret lives, | 如今我游走于两种秘密生活 |
[00:11] | one in high school and one in high fashion. | 一种在高中校园 一种在时尚殿堂 |
[00:13] | Just to be clear. Are you asking me on another fake date? | 为明白起见 你还想来一次假约会吗 |
[00:18] | Signups for the school play have finally begun. | 学校戏剧表演终于开始报名了 |
[00:22] | Looks like it’s you and me, Fadden. | 看样子就是你和我啦 法登 |
[00:23] | Cindy and Charming. | 灰姑娘和白马王子 |
[00:24] | Guess so. | 没错 |
[00:27] | Ben, where did that come from? | 本 那是怎么来的 |
[00:29] | She’s gonna be all fun and charming | 她会表现得既有趣又有魅力 |
[00:30] | and then she’s just gonna leave. | 接着就会转身离开 |
[00:32] | I will not let you down. | 我不会让你们失望的 |
[00:34] | I would like you to stay. | 我希望你留下来 |
[00:36] | Forget what I said before. | 忘了我之前说的 |
[00:37] | Ben Quimby is mine, so back off. | 本·昆比是我的 你离他远点 |
[00:40] | Will you marry me, Kate? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 凯特 |
[00:46] | Okay. Your flight for Paris leaves in three hours. | 你飞往巴黎的航班将在三小时后起飞 |
[00:49] | And you’re all checked in. | 登机手续办理完毕 |
[00:50] | our boarding pass is in your itinerary. | 登机牌在你的旅行记录里 |
[00:52] | And your town car is waiting | 你的豪华轿车已经在外面候着了 |
[00:53] | outside and that takes care of everything. | 一切都处理妥当了 |
[00:55] | Not everything. I’ve got | 非也 |
[00:56] | some major damage control to do with Donovan | 自从出了杰里米之哈罗德事件之后 |
[00:58] | after the Jeremy-Harrods debacle. | 我和多诺万就有些损失控制要做 |
[01:01] | And with Eli trying to revamp the collection, | 还要和伊莱试着重做这个系列 |
[01:03] | there’s something important | 我不在的时间里 |
[01:04] | I need you to handle while I’m away. | 你得帮我处理些重要的事 |
[01:06] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[01:07] | Is it here? | 它到了吗 |
[01:08] | Not until tomorrow. | 要明天才能到 |
[01:09] | – But it’s officially on its way. – Good. | -但绝对已经在路上了 -很好 |
[01:11] | Donovan is good friends with Nina Garcia. | 多诺万和尼娜·加西亚是好朋友 |
[01:13] | Nina Garcia of Project Runway. | 尼娜·加西亚的”天桥骄子” |
[01:15] | Fashion director at Marie Claire! | 《嘉人杂志》的时尚总监 |
[01:16] | Yes. Yes. As I was saying, | 没错没错 就像我说的一样 |
[01:18] | Donovan is designing a one-of-a-kind dress for Nina | 多诺万在为尼娜·加西亚设计礼裙 |
[01:21] | which is arriving tomorrow. | 成品明天到 |
[01:22] | But Nina hasn’t bought off the rack | 但尼娜不买成衣 |
[01:24] | since a “Who Wore It Best” Debacle back in 2002. | 自从2002年的那次”最佳穿衣”风暴 |
[01:26] | And Nina wore it best, of course, right? | 尼娜穿得最漂亮 对吧 |
[01:28] | Obviously. | 当然了 |
[01:29] | But a close call is a close call. | 但那次只是幸免于难 |
[01:31] | And now she’s afraid to be caught dead | 尼娜再也不想 |
[01:33] | wearing the same dress as someone else ever again. | 和别人撞衫了 |
[01:34] | Nina has an important event tomorrow night. | 尼娜明晚有个很重要的采访 |
[01:36] | I need you to make sure that she gets that dress. | 我要你保证她明天拿到这条裙子 |
[01:41] | No screw ups, understood? | 不准出任何差错 明白吗 |
[01:42] | Yes. Thank you. | 收到 |
[01:44] | Get the dress. No screw ups. I can do it. | 拿到裙子 不出差错 我能做到 |
[01:46] | Have a safe flight, Gray. | 一路平安 格雷 |
[01:53] | You look like someone who doesn’t have plans tomorrow night. | 看你样子明晚应该没有安排 |
[01:56] | That’s kind of insulting. | 你这么说真没礼貌 |
[01:58] | Yeah, that came out wrong. Sorry. Uh… | 是我说错了 对不起 |
[02:01] | You’re forgiven. And also correct. I do not have plans. | 原谅你 可你说对了 我确实没计划 |
[02:05] | Well, would you like to? | 那你想跟我出去吗 |
[02:06] | Because I just made dinner reservations for our first date. | 我为我们第一次约会预定了晚餐 |
[02:11] | You did? | 是吗 |
[02:12] | Yeah, I figured Gray’s out of town | 是 我想既然格雷不在城里 |
[02:13] | So why not take a chance. | 为何不把握这个机会呢 |
[02:15] | What do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[02:16] | A risk taker. I like it. I’m in. | 有点风险 我是说 我喜欢 |
[02:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[02:23] | Oh, and, uh, wear something nice. | 对了 到时穿得漂亮点 |
[02:25] | Again, kind of insulting. | 又没礼貌了 |
[02:27] | Sorry. You always look nice. | 对不起 你总是光彩照人的 |
[02:30] | It’s just that we’re going to Le Petit Bordelais. | 只是我们要去小波尔多餐厅 |
[02:32] | Wow. That’s fancy. | 那儿很高级 |
[02:34] | How’d you get us in there? | 你怎么订到位的 |
[02:35] | – I’m a very important person. – Oh. | -我可是个有头有脸的人物 -噢 |
[02:37] | And my buddy works in the kitchen. | 而且我还有朋友在那儿的厨房工作 |
[02:40] | Sounds like fun. | 听起来很有趣 |
[02:45] | It’s about time. | 是时候了 |
[03:34] | Janey? | 小简 |
[03:36] | I’m in here. | 我在这儿 |
[03:37] | Hurry up. We got to go. | 快点 我们得走了 |
[03:41] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[03:43] | You look amazing. | 你 看上去很惊艳 |
[03:45] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的假的 -当然是真的 |
[03:47] | New dress? | 你设计的裙子吗 |
[03:48] | Yes, I have been working on it for weeks. | 没错 我在这上面花了好几周的功夫 |
[03:51] | And now I finally have the perfect place to wear it. | 现在我终于有完美的地方去穿上它了 |
[03:55] | It’s a little fancy for the halls of Whitemarsh High, | 穿这裙子参加学校的舞会有点太花哨了吧 |
[03:58] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[03:59] | No, silly. I… | 我不是要参加舞会 笨蛋 |
[04:01] | I have a date tonight. | 人家今晚有个约会噢 |
[04:06] | Oh. So that… | 所以 |
[04:07] | That Eli guy must have finally asked you out then, huh? | 那个叫伊莱的家伙终于要约你出去了 是吗 |
[04:13] | And he’s taking me to, like, | 他要带我去的地方 |
[04:14] | one of the fanciest restaurants in New York. So… | 算得上是纽约最高档的餐厅之一吧 |
[04:17] | I just really hope he likes it. | 我只希望他喜欢我打扮成这样 |
[04:18] | I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that he will. | 要我说 他肯定会喜欢的 |
[04:23] | Can you help unhook me? | 你能帮我一把吗 |
[04:24] | Oh. Yeah. | 没问题 |
[04:32] | By the way… | 顺便问一句 |
[04:34] | Why is Ben sleeping on the couch? | 为什么你哥睡在沙发上啊 |
[04:36] | Oh, well, ever since Dakota proposed to my mom, | 自从达科他向我妈求婚之日起 |
[04:40] | he’s been camped out here waiting for an answer | 他就驻扎在我家等我妈的回应了 |
[04:43] | and they’ve taken over Ben’s room in the meantime. | 与此同时 他们抢占了本的房间 |
[04:45] | Do you think she’s gonna say yes? | 你觉得你妈会答应他的求婚吗 |
[04:47] | She said she’ll think about it. | 她说她会好好考虑一下 |
[04:48] | Ouch. That’s got to hurt. | 哎呀 好伤人 |
[04:50] | I mean, things must be pretty icy between them right now, huh? | 他们之间的关系一定降至冰点了吧 |
[04:57] | Oh! Morning, darlings! | 哦 早上好 亲爱的们 |
[05:05] | How long is this gonna go on? | 这种状态还要持续多久 |
[05:06] | Probably until he gets an answer. | 估计得到他得到个回应吧 |
[05:10] | Seriously? | 非得这样么 |
[05:11] | Do you mind if Dakota and I take a shower before you, honey? | 我和达科他想先洗个澡 你不介意吧 亲爱的 |
[05:13] | Only if you promise to stop talking about it. | 只要你们别再这么腻腻歪歪了 |
[05:20] | You should probably get ready for school. | 你也该准备准备去上班了 |
[05:22] | I can’t go into my room. | 我没法进自己的房间准备 |
[05:23] | Better you than me. See you later. | 我可不能像你这么随性 回见 |
[05:32] | Hey. Can I show you something? | 我能给你看样东西吗 |
[05:33] | I’m kind of busy. | 我在忙 |
[05:34] | I’m not. | 我可不忙 |
[05:35] | I framed my yearbook photo for Ben, | 我把自己的年鉴照片给本印下来了 |
[05:38] | and I just wanted your thoughts. | 听听你意见 |
[05:39] | Be honest. | 要说实话哦 |
[05:42] | And I got your yearbook photo framed for him, too. | 我把你的年鉴册照片也给本印出来了 |
[05:46] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做啊 |
[05:47] | Oh, just so he knows what he’s getting, | 就是想让他知道谁是美女 |
[05:50] | and what he’s dodging. | 谁是丑女 |
[05:51] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[05:52] | Look. This whole competing for a guy thing between us, | 我俩之间为了一个男生争风吃醋这事吧 |
[05:56] | it’s all getting a bit high school. | 太高中生气了 |
[05:58] | Well, duh. We’re in high school, Jaw. | 是吗 我们现在不就在高中吗 肖大下巴 |
[06:03] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[06:04] | We are. And just like back in high school, | 我们就像是回到了高中 |
[06:07] | you win! Congratulations, Amanda. | 你赢了 恭喜你 阿曼达 |
[06:09] | So, Ben is… | 这么说 本 |
[06:12] | All yours, Amanda. | 全部归你了 阿曼达 |
[06:14] | I knew that it was only a matter of time, | 我知道赢得他只是时间的问题 |
[06:17] | but I have to say that your concession | 但我不得不说 |
[06:18] | is both honorable and really humbling. | 你的让步很值得尊敬也很有益 |
[06:23] | Guess I don’t need this now, right? | 我猜 现在用不到这个了吧 |
[06:26] | Here you go. I’ll just leave it there. | 我会把它留在那儿 |
[06:28] | Little memento for you. | 给你留点念想吧 |
[06:41] | Should I even ask? | 我该问吗 |
[06:42] | That’s completely up to you. | 那应该由你决定 |
[06:44] | Okay. What is with the yoga ball? | 好吧 你弄这个瑜伽球干嘛 |
[06:48] | Our couch is destroying my spine. | 我们家的沙发把我的脊椎都毁了 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry they took your bed. | 他们抢了你的床 我深表同情 |
[06:55] | Hopefully it’ll be over soon. | 希望这种状况不要维持太久 |
[06:57] | She just has to give him an answer. | 她不得不给他一个答复 |
[07:00] | Then we’ll be done with it. | 然后我们就解脱了 |
[07:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:02] | I mean, if she says no, then he’ll leave. | 我的意思是 如果妈拒绝了他 他就得走了 |
[07:05] | If she says yes, then they’ll both leave. | 如果妈答应了他 俩人一起走 |
[07:08] | Win-win. Either way, I get my bed back. | 不管答应与否 我都能睡回自己的床了 |
[07:12] | Do you think she’ll say yes? | 你觉得她会答应吗 |
[07:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:16] | Ben, I don’t want her to leave. | 本 我不想让她走 |
[07:19] | I don’t want her to disappear again. | 我不希望她又直接消失了 |
[07:29] | I don’t want her to disappear again either. | 我也不想她再消失一次 |
[07:32] | I thought you wanted her to go. | 我以为你希望她走 |
[07:34] | I do. And then I don’t. | 我想 又不想 |
[07:36] | – I’m confused. – I guess… | -我不明白了 -我猜也是 |
[07:42] | It’s easier to push someone away first | 推开别人 |
[07:44] | before they can push you away. | 比被人推开容易多了 |
[07:46] | Keeping Mom at arm’s length, that’s my way of | 我跟妈妈保持距离 |
[07:50] | protecting you. | 是想保护你 |
[07:52] | And myself. | 和我自己 |
[07:54] | So you think she’s gonna leave? | 所以你觉得她会离开吗 |
[07:57] | Actually, I don’t. | 事实上 我不希望 |
[08:00] | I got to be honest, | 说实话 |
[08:02] | I’m starting to think | 我在想 |
[08:04] | things might be different this time. | 这次情况可能不同了 |
[08:06] | She seems better. | 她好像变好了 |
[08:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:11] | Really. | 是真的 |
[08:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:39] | I just cannot get used to you volunteering for the drama club. | 我只是不习惯你怎么自愿帮戏剧社做苦力 |
[08:43] | Well, then that makes two of us. | 我们两个人来的 |
[08:45] | But Zoe said it would give us more time to hang out. | 但佐伊说我们可以多些时间出去玩 |
[08:49] | And how’s that working out? | 这才是真正说动你的 |
[08:50] | Honestly, I kind of feel like a stalker. | 说实话 我感觉自己像个跟踪狂 |
[08:55] | What about you? How are the costumes coming along? | 你呢 服装弄得怎么样了 |
[08:59] | Well, funny enough, my mom signed us up | 挺有趣的 我妈也在做 |
[09:00] | So that we could spend more time together. | 所以我们可以有更多时间在一起 |
[09:03] | And how’s that one working out for you? | 所以你也是被说动了 |
[09:04] | Well, she usually sleeps in late, rolls in about 11. | 她总是晚睡 大约11点起床 |
[09:08] | And I have to leave for work at 11:30. | 然后我得11点半才能去工作 |
[09:10] | But that half hour is really something. | 但是那半个小时很重要 |
[09:12] | All right, so what’s the deal with the dress? | 好吧 这条裙子怎么处理 |
[09:14] | I had to bring it to school | 我要带到学校里 |
[09:16] | because I don’t have enough time to go home | 因为我没时间再回家 |
[09:17] | and change after work before my date. | 下班后换装赴约 |
[09:20] | Would you look at that? | 你们看到那边了吗 |
[09:23] | At what? | 看什么 |
[09:24] | Hot and hotter. | 越来越到高潮了 |
[09:27] | – It’s nothing. – Nothing? Please. | -没什么的 -没什么吗 拜托 |
[09:29] | Oh, here we go, guys. | 来了 |
[09:31] | Just wait for it. | 等着看吧 |
[09:33] | Here it comes. | 来了 |
[09:36] | Now that is a kiss. | 真是个热吻 |
[09:38] | Oh, my gosh. You can’t fake chemistry like that. | 我的天呐 真来电啊 |
[09:41] | – It’s just acting. – Trust me. | -只是在演戏 -相信我 |
[09:44] | Chemistry on stage is chemistry off stage. | 台上情深 台下成真 |
[09:46] | These two Gonna be Whitemarsh’s very own Brangelina by next week. | 他俩下周就是白泽高中的布拉德和安吉丽娜 |
[09:56] | Hey, it really is nothing. | 真的没什么的 |
[10:07] | Oh, hi, Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[10:08] | You’re here already? | 你已经来这里啦 |
[10:09] | Yeah, I had to get out of the house. | 嗯 我不能一直足不出户 |
[10:11] | All that love is a little much sometimes, you know what I mean? | 有时特别技痒 |
[10:15] | I guess so. | 我猜也是 |
[10:16] | Oh, thank goodness you’re here. | 幸亏你在这儿 |
[10:18] | This waistband is kind of a mess. | 做到现在还是一团糟 |
[10:20] | Oh. Here, let me. | 让我来 |
[10:27] | My girl. So talented. | 我的女儿 真有才 |
[10:30] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢妈 |
[10:31] | So have you given any thought to Dakota’s proposal? | 那你有没有考虑达科他的求婚 |
[10:35] | Oh. I try not to give too much thought to that sort of thing. | 我尽量不去想太多 |
[10:39] | Forever is a long time. | 一辈子太久 |
[10:43] | But you guys seem happy. | 但是你们俩看起来很幸福 |
[10:45] | He seems like a really good guy. | 他看起来是个好男人 |
[10:46] | He is the best. | 他是最好的 |
[10:49] | So, if you were to say yes, | 如果你答应了 |
[10:52] | hypothetically, of course, | 当然是说假如了 |
[10:54] | that would mean you’re moving back to Colorado, right? | 那你这就搬家回科罗拉多了吗 |
[10:56] | Like I said, | 不 我说过的 |
[10:58] | I haven’t given it a lot of thought. | 我还在考虑中 |
[11:00] | Besides, | 另外 |
[11:01] | I’ve been too swamped designing | 我现在沉迷在服装设计里 |
[11:03] | all of these costumes to think about anything else. | 没空想别的 |
[11:06] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:08] | I know I’ve been too busy to help you lately. | 我知道最近我太忙 没空帮你 |
[11:10] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[11:12] | I did hope we could do this together. | 我很希望我们可以一起做事 |
[11:15] | I promise I will be around more. | 我保证会多露面的 |
[11:18] | Thanks, baby. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[11:21] | That is, if you are still here. | 如果到时候你还在这儿的话 |
[11:27] | – Yo! – Steve! | -哟 -史蒂夫 |
[11:30] | Hey. I didn’t know you were dropping by today. | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[11:32] | I guess you heard about Nick Fadden’s shoulder. | 我猜你听说了 尼克·法登的肩膀 |
[11:35] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. And it’s a shame. | 是的 真可惜 |
[11:37] | But I’m not here to talk about Nick Fadden. | 不过我今天不是来讨论尼克·法登的 |
[11:40] | New York’s Double-A Club lost their closer this week. | 纽约双A俱乐部这周选拔 |
[11:43] | – He got the call. – The majors? | -你得去 -职业棒球协会 |
[11:45] | Good for him. | 对他来说很棒 |
[11:46] | Good for you. | 是你 |
[11:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[11:49] | I’m talking about that pitch you threw a few weeks ago. | 我在说你上周投的那球 |
[11:52] | Come here. | 过来坐 |
[11:56] | You know how fast that pitch was? | 你知道那记投球有多快吗 |
[11:58] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:59] | Fast enough to get you a try out. | 快到可以让你进选拔 |
[12:01] | A what? | 什么 真的吗 |
[12:03] | Come on, Steve! | 行了 史蒂夫 |
[12:06] | I can’t just drop everything. | 我不能抛下一切 |
[12:07] | Nobody asked you to just drop everything. | 又没人叫你放弃什么 |
[12:10] | This is just a try out. | 这只是一次选拔 |
[12:11] | Today. One hour. That’s it. | 今天 一个小时 就这样 |
[12:13] | Now the “Dropping everything” Part, | 说到要放弃什么 |
[12:16] | that happens after the tryouts. | 要选拔之后再说 |
[12:18] | You know I take care of my sister. | 你知道我在照顾我妹妹 |
[12:19] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[12:22] | And I admire that. | 也很钦佩你 |
[12:24] | But, if things were to work out, I was hoping | 如果有其他人也可以照顾她 |
[12:27] | there might be someone who could take care of her. | 不就解决了 |
[12:28] | Just for a little while. | 当然只是一小段时间 |
[12:31] | Is there? | 有人吗 |
[12:33] | A relative? | 有亲戚吗 |
[12:35] | Ben. This could be your second chance. | 本 这可能是你的第二次机会 |
[12:45] | Hello, Ben. | 你好啊 本 |
[12:49] | Amanda. | 阿曼达 |
[12:51] | What is all this? | 这些都是什么啊 |
[12:53] | Hmm. It’s a little mood lighting. | 这是情景照明 |
[12:57] | Ben, you’re killing the mood. | 本 你把气氛都破坏了 |
[13:00] | That would be because I’m trying to kill the mood. | 因为我就是要破坏气氛 |
[13:05] | I’ve kind of got a lot on my mind right now. | 我现在没这个心情 |
[13:08] | Well, maybe later on? | 可能一会儿就有了 |
[13:10] | How about tonight? You, me, my place? | 今晚怎么样 去我那里 |
[13:12] | I’ll bring the coconut sandalwood. | 还是去椰树沙滩 |
[13:15] | Look, I am flattered | 听着 你为我做这个烛光房间 |
[13:20] | that you’ve created this fire hazard for me, | 我很荣幸 |
[13:22] | and back in high school this would have… | 但是在学校 就有点 |
[13:25] | Okay, it was a total fantasy of mine. | 好吧 这只是我的幻觉 |
[13:28] | Okay, yeah, I like where this is going. | 我知道这是怎么了 |
[13:31] | But the truth is | 不过事实上 |
[13:34] | I’m not over Rita. | 我跟丽塔还没结束 |
[13:36] | You’re not over Shaw the Jaw? | 你还没很肖大下巴结束吗 |
[13:38] | No. I’m not. | 不 没有 |
[13:42] | And Amanda… Don’t call her that again. | 还有 阿曼达 别再那么称呼了 |
[13:52] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[13:54] | – Billy. – It’s nothing, okay, Jane? | -比利 -没什么好吗 简 |
[13:57] | It was the kiss. | 他们接吻了 |
[13:59] | – Nope, don’t care. It was no big deal. – Seriously? | -没事 没什么大不了 -真的吗 |
[14:02] | This is me here, | 现在是我在这里 |
[14:04] | Jane Quimby, | 简·昆比 |
[14:07] | best friend since kindergarten. | 你从幼儿园起的好朋友 |
[14:08] | You really think you’re gonna get away with that? | 有什么不能说的 |
[14:09] | Fine. It bugs me, okay? | 好吧 我很不爽 |
[14:10] | And I hate that it does, | 我的确是讨厌这样 |
[14:12] | but seeing Zoe and Nick kiss like that, | 佐伊那样吻尼克 |
[14:14] | it just brings back the whole Nick and Lulu thing. | 让我回想起露露和尼克 |
[14:17] | And I know it’s ridiculous, but… | 我知道这很荒谬 但… |
[14:19] | Hey. Your feelings are not ridiculous. | 嘿 你的感觉一点都不荒谬 |
[14:22] | Besides, this is different. | 再说 这是两码事儿呀 |
[14:25] | Zoe is different. | 佐伊跟露露不一样 |
[14:27] | – And it’s… – Please. | -还有… -拜托 |
[14:29] | Please don’t say it’s just acting. | 千万别说 “这只是逢场作戏罢了” |
[14:31] | – It is. – No. | -的确是啊 -不是 |
[14:33] | No, it’s not, okay? | 不 根本不是 |
[14:34] | Zoe and Nick have chemistry. | 佐伊跟尼克是来电的 |
[14:37] | You and I both saw it. | 这是我们有目共睹的 |
[14:39] | I’m telling you there’s nothing going on with them. | 我跟你说他俩没什么 |
[14:41] | They are just friends. | 普通朋友罢了 |
[14:44] | Guys and girls can be just friends, you know, | 男生跟女生也可以做好朋友的 |
[14:46] | without it automatically leading to some deep, dark romance. | 不会擦枪走火 产生地下情的啦 |
[14:49] | – Yeah, whatever. – Well, what about us? | -随便啦 -看看我们 |
[14:52] | We’re just friends. You said so yourself. | 只是朋友嘛 你说的 |
[14:54] | That’s different. | 这不一样啦 |
[14:56] | Why is it different? | 为什么不一样 |
[14:57] | Because you’re not like a girl-girl. | 因为你不是普通的女生 |
[15:01] | You’re just… | 你只是… |
[15:02] | I’m just what? | 我只是什么 |
[15:03] | You’re just Jane. | 你是简呀 |
[15:07] | Thanks a lot. | 谢了啊 |
[15:10] | I have to go to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[15:13] | Jane, I didn’t mean it like that. | 简 我不是那个意思 |
[15:30] | What happened here? | 这儿怎么了 |
[15:32] | Amanda. | 阿曼达弄的 |
[15:34] | Well, she certainly moved fast, didn’t she? | 她攻势很猛嘛 |
[15:36] | Hey, Rita. You ever think about second chances? | 嘿 丽塔 你想过重新开始吗 |
[15:41] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[15:42] | I’ve got a second chance at something. | 现在我又有一次机会 |
[15:45] | Something I’ve | 去追求… |
[15:47] | always wanted. | 我梦寐以求的事物 |
[15:49] | Clearly. | 很明显 |
[15:50] | Look, | 听着 我… |
[15:51] | I had my chance back in high school, | 我高中时曾经有机会 |
[15:54] | but it didn’t happen for me. Not in the way I’d hoped. | 但结果不遂我愿 |
[15:55] | Life got in the way. | 因为现实不允许 |
[15:57] | But now it’s an option again. | 而现在… 我又有得选了 |
[16:00] | And I’ve just wanted this for so long | 这真是期盼已久的啊 |
[16:03] | so I’m excited, obviously. | 所以我很兴奋 很显然… |
[16:05] | It could be so much fun | 可能会很有趣 |
[16:07] | but I’m nervous at the same time ’cause, | 但同时我又很紧张 |
[16:09] | you know, I’m not… | 因为 你知道的… |
[16:11] | I’m not a teenager anymore. | 我也不再是青年人了 |
[16:13] | What if I… | 万一… |
[16:15] | What if I can’t perform like I used to? | 万一我做不好呢 |
[16:20] | You know what, Ben? | 你知道吗 本 |
[16:22] | If that’s what you want to do, just do it. | 如果你想做 那就去做吧 |
[16:24] | Don’t ask for my permission. | 不需要得到我的许可 |
[16:33] | So are you ready for tonight? | 今晚约会 你准备好了吗 |
[16:35] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[16:36] | Got my shoes shined. | 鞋都擦油了呢 |
[16:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:39] | No. | 假的啦 |
[16:40] | But I did call and confirm our reservation three times. | 但我真的打过三个电话确认预约的 |
[16:44] | I think I’m starting to annoy them. | 他们都觉得我很烦了吧 |
[16:45] | You? Annoy? I can’t picture it. | 你还烦人 真是想不到呀 |
[16:48] | Look, I’m just a little bit excited, okay? | 听着 我就是有点兴奋好吗 |
[16:50] | It’s our first date and it’s Le Petit Bordelais. | 这是我们第一次约会 |
[16:54] | Well, I’m excited, too. | 我也很兴奋 |
[16:56] | And I have something new to wear. | 而且 我会穿新裙子的 |
[16:58] | Details, please. | 能再说仔细点儿吗 |
[17:00] | It is the perfect dress. | 绝对是完美礼服 |
[17:03] | It’s fun and it’s fancy | 有趣又精致 |
[17:07] | and it’s… | 还有… |
[17:10] | Gone. | 它不见了 |
[17:11] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[17:12] | Um, nothing. I’ve got to call you back. | 没什么 我回头打给你 |
[17:16] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[17:17] | Has anybody seen | 有没有人看到… |
[17:21] | my… dress? | 我的裙子 |
[17:39] | Oh, Jane! | 简 |
[17:41] | Doesn’t Cinderella look amazing? | 灰姑娘很美吧 |
[17:44] | Yes, she does, but… | 没错 是很美 但是… |
[17:46] | I had to take it up a few inches. | 但还得再缩短几英寸 |
[17:48] | Inches? | 缩短几英寸吗 |
[17:49] | But other than that, | 除了这点 |
[17:50] | the dress was absolutely perfect. | 这裙子简直就是完美 |
[17:53] | It was, | 它本来就很完美 |
[17:54] | wasn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[17:54] | Oh, you really had me fooled, kiddo. | 你也真是的 |
[17:57] | Acting like you were too busy to help | 装作没空帮忙 |
[17:59] | while you worked on this gorgeous Cinderella costume all by yourself. | 自己却偷偷做灰姑娘的裙子 |
[18:03] | And just to surprise me. | 真是令我惊喜 |
[18:06] | Oh, to think that you would do that for me, | 想想你为我做的一切 |
[18:08] | it just means so much. | 真的对我意义重大 |
[18:10] | Thank you, Jane. | 谢谢你 简 |
[18:12] | You’re welcome, Mom. | 不用谢 妈妈 |
[18:19] | Ben! Ben. | 本 本 |
[18:21] | Glad you made it. | 幸会呀 |
[18:21] | Hey, like you said, it’s just a try out, right? | 就像你说的 试试嘛 对吧 |
[18:24] | Exactly. So how are you feeling? | 没错 你感觉如何 |
[18:26] | Actually, I’m feeling pretty… | 事实上 我觉得… |
[18:31] | Old, suddenly. | 自己忽然间 老了… |
[18:33] | Well, don’t. | 别呀 |
[18:34] | As long as you’re comfortable on the mound, that’s what counts. | 只要你上场投球投得爽就行了 |
[18:37] | How many guys trying out for the spot? | 有多少人竞争这个位子 |
[18:39] | Eight. | 八个 |
[18:40] | Oh. Okay. So I shouldn’t be too nervous, right? | 好吧 所以我应该放松点对吧 |
[18:43] | I would be. There’s a lot on the line here. | 那当然是最好不过 |
[18:45] | I’m just saying my chances are pretty slim. | 我只是觉得自己希望渺茫 |
[18:47] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. You know what? You’re right. | 是啊 没错 你说得对 |
[18:49] | Why even try? | 干嘛还要试呢 |
[18:51] | You should probably just go back home. | 直接回家算了 |
[18:52] | I just don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing. | 我只是不想无故放弃希望 |
[18:54] | Ben. You’re here because I think you got a real shot. | 本 我叫你来 因为你真的有希望 |
[18:57] | So just go on out there, meet some of the guys, | 所以放心大胆地去吧 |
[18:59] | throw a few pitches and whatever happens, happens. | 投几个球 一切随缘嘛 |
[19:09] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[19:12] | Hmm. Gold. | 黄金 |
[19:14] | They’re rewrites. | 这是改写的剧本 |
[19:15] | And I need you to know them all by heart, by tomorrow. | 希望你们明天之前背下来 |
[19:17] | Again? | 又改写了 |
[19:18] | I can’t help when inspiration strikes. It just does. | 可不是吗 灵感这东西挡不住的 |
[19:22] | It’s a gift. That’s great, | 这很好 |
[19:22] | but do you think that your inspiration could hit tomorrow? | 但你的灵感能持续到明天吗 |
[19:25] | Yeah, I’m starting to fall behind on my homework. | 是啊 而且我的成绩都下滑了 |
[19:27] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:28] | Okay. Listen, people. | 好的 你们听着 |
[19:30] | Do you think that anybody made it big in Hollywood | 你们有听说过谁 |
[19:33] | by actually doing their homework? | 是靠着规规矩矩做作业进好莱坞的吗 |
[19:36] | Probably. | 可能有吧 |
[19:37] | Well, I didn’t. | 好吧 起码我不是 |
[19:38] | Did you make it in Hollywood? | 那你进好莱坞了吗 |
[19:41] | Just learn those lines. | 好好背台词就行了 |
[19:54] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:55] | What’s with you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:56] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[19:58] | Okay, so I had, past tense, mind you, | 好吧 我用过去式描述 |
[20:01] | the perfect dress that I made to wear on my date with Eli tonight, and I… | 为今晚跟伊莱的约会我做了条完美的裙子 |
[20:05] | With Eli? | 等等 伊莱吗 |
[20:06] | Oh, gosh. Please don’t tell Gray. | 天呐 拜托别把格雷扯进来 |
[20:08] | It’s just new and I don’t want to jinx it yet. | 这是第一次约会 我可不想又搞砸了 |
[20:10] | My lips are sealed. | 我会保密的 |
[20:11] | So, what happened to this perfect dress of yours that’s got you all sad? | 所以 你那条完美裙子怎么了 让你这么悲伤 |
[20:14] | It’s gone. Don’t ask. | 都没了 快别问了 |
[20:16] | Well, now what are you gonna wear? | 那你现在要穿什么 |
[20:18] | Well, I was thinking I could wear this. | 我在想 我可以穿这件 |
[20:23] | Yeah. Um… | 好呀 呃… |
[20:25] | It looks very… | 这裙子真是… |
[20:26] | – Please don’t say nice. – Nice. | -拜托别说”还可以” -还可以 |
[20:29] | You know what? You’ll be fine. | 没关系的 好吗 |
[20:31] | Okay? You, Jane, you look great in anything. | 简 你穿什么都好看 |
[20:33] | Thanks, Carter. | 谢谢 |
[20:35] | Now, are you ready for a little “Perfect dress” Pick me up? | 你准备好开始选裙子了吗 |
[20:38] | So ready. | 早就准备好了 |
[20:39] | This just arrived today. | 这件是今天刚刚到的哦 |
[20:42] | You and I are the very first people to see it. | 我们是最先大饱眼福的 |
[20:44] | It’s so beautiful. Is that for me? | 太美了 是给我的吗 |
[20:47] | Nina Garcia. | 是给尼娜·加西亚的 |
[20:49] | Now, you’ll be handing it off to her assistant in a few minutes. | 你一会儿得把它送到她助理那边 |
[20:52] | Don’t touch. | 别碰它 |
[21:03] | Hi. How’s the scenery coming? | 嗨 场景做的怎么样了 |
[21:04] | Great. Yeah. | 是啊 太好啦 |
[21:06] | Oh, and can I just say | 我想说 |
[21:07] | it’s been awesome spending so much time with you. | 能时时刻刻和你在一起真是太美妙了 |
[21:10] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[21:11] | This whole acting thing’s kind of taken over my life. | 我沉迷在表演中了 |
[21:14] | That’s okay. What do you say we get out of here, | 没关系 不如我们一起离开这里 |
[21:16] | do something fun tonight? Just you and me? | 度过一个美丽的夜晚吧 只有我们俩 |
[21:18] | I can’t tonight. | 今晚不行 |
[21:20] | It’s okay. | 好吧 |
[21:24] | See you tomorrow? | 明天见 |
[21:25] | Right. Tomorrow. | 行 明天见 |
[21:29] | Looks like it’s just you and me, baby. | 只剩我和你了 亲爱的 |
[21:40] | Amanda! | 阿曼达 |
[21:41] | Just the person I was looking for. | 我正找你呢 |
[21:42] | Hello, Jenkins. | 你好 詹金斯 |
[21:43] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[21:45] | And let me preface this by saying this really isn’t about you. | 先说明一下 这事不是针对你 |
[21:49] | There’ve been some last minute budget cuts | 我们学校得缩减开支裁员 |
[21:51] | and, unfortunately, | 很不幸 |
[21:52] | the new position of drama teacher is now on the chopping block. | 新的戏剧老师在被裁的名单上 |
[21:55] | Oh, wait. I didn’t know Whitemarsh | 等等 我怎么不知道白泽高中 |
[21:57] | was hiring another drama teacher. | 请了新的喜剧老师 |
[21:58] | We aren’t. | 没请 |
[22:00] | I’m talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[22:01] | But you just said that you weren’t. | 你刚刚说不是针对我啊 |
[22:03] | What I meant was, this isn’t your fault. | 我是说 这不是你的错 |
[22:06] | But, unfortunately, your job is in jeopardy. | 但很不幸你被解雇了 |
[22:08] | I, of course, have lobbied heavily to keep you on, | 我已经尽我所能地挺你了 |
[22:11] | but the vote has to be unanimous. | 但这是匿名投票 |
[22:13] | And why is that a problem? | 这有问题吗 |
[22:14] | Well, there’s one person on the budget committee | 预算委员会里 |
[22:16] | whose mind i just can’t seem to change. | 只有一个人我说不动 |
[22:18] | Just one? That’s so easy. Who is it? | 只有一个反对 这太简单了 谁啊 |
[22:27] | If you can win over Rita Shaw, | 如果你能说服丽塔·肖的话 |
[22:29] | you get to keep your job. | 就能保住工作 |
[22:31] | Good luck, Amanda. | 祝你好运 阿曼达 |
[22:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:39] | Donovan has outdone himself again. | 多诺万又干了一件漂亮事 |
[22:41] | I thought so, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[22:44] | Wait. What is this? | 等等 这是什么 |
[22:47] | That is the back up dress. | 那是备用裙 |
[22:50] | Donovan always makes two of every custom dress he designs for Nina. | 为尼娜设计衣服 多诺万都多做一件 |
[22:53] | But why? | 为什么 |
[22:54] | I don’t know. In case something tragic were to happen. | 我也不知道 避免发生什么悲剧吧 |
[22:57] | Well, I should probably get this over to Nina. | 我要把这些拿给尼娜看了 |
[22:59] | You can keep that one. | 那件你留着吧 |
[23:00] | In the 10 years Donovan has been designing Nina’s dresses, | 多诺万为尼娜做衣服已经十年了 |
[23:03] | she has never needed the backup. | 从来没用上过备用装 |
[23:05] | Not once. | 一次都没有 |
[23:07] | But, you have to take it. | 那也该你留着啊 |
[23:09] | What if something tragic were to happen to the dress? | 万一发生什么意外呢 |
[23:11] | Trust me. It won’t. | 相信我 不会的 |
[23:13] | Look. Jane. If it makes you feel any better, | 简 为了让你安心 不如这样吧 |
[23:16] | give me your cell number. I’ll give it to Nina. Okay? | 把你手机号给我 我会告诉尼娜的 |
[23:20] | – Okay. If you insist. – I do. | -好 如果你坚持这么做的话 -是 |
[23:21] | And if I were you, Jane, I wouldn’t wait by the phone. | 如果我是你的话 就不会坐等她的电话 |
[23:28] | The real tragedy is letting such a beautiful dress go to waste. | 真正的悲剧是让这么好的裙子被浪费 |
[23:44] | Wow, look at this place. | 看看这地方 |
[23:46] | I can’t stop looking at you. | 你让我无法转移视线了 |
[23:49] | You weren’t kidding, were you? | 你之前开玩笑的吧 |
[23:51] | That is the absolute perfect dress. | 这裙子太完美了 |
[23:53] | I feel a little under-dressed now. | 我都觉得自己穿得太次了 |
[23:55] | I think you look pretty perfect. | 你已经很完美啦 |
[23:59] | Can I tell you something? | 我能跟你说件事吗 |
[24:01] | Sure. | 说吧 |
[24:05] | I, uh… I feel like we’re playing grown up. | 我觉得我们都在装成熟 |
[24:09] | Me, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[24:14] | I kind of like it. | 我挺喜欢的 |
[24:16] | Did I mention how beautiful you look in that dress? | 我说过你穿这条裙子太美了吗 |
[24:18] | Yes, you did. | 是啊 说过了 |
[24:20] | Do you mind if I tell you again? | 不介意我再说一遍吧 |
[24:28] | Amanda? | 阿曼达 |
[24:29] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[24:31] | I’ve come to bury the hatchet. | 我来消除我们之间的成见 |
[24:33] | Awesome. | 太好了 |
[24:34] | So I’ve been doing a lot of thinking… | 我想了很多 |
[24:36] | Can’t wait to hear this. | 真等不及听你要说什么了 |
[24:38] | The brightest stars burn out the fastest. | 越亮的星星熄灭得越快 |
[24:42] | Huh. I think they’ve already got that one down. | 他们已经熄灭某一颗星星了吧 |
[24:45] | There is no denying that Ben and I would have had a fiery, | 不可否认 我和本之间有着似火的 |
[24:49] | whirlwind relationship, just raw, unbridled passion. | 言语无法形容的 无敌的热情 |
[24:54] | Are we still burying the hatchet? | 我们这是在消除成见吗 |
[24:57] | What I am trying to say is that | 我要说的是 |
[25:00] | Ben and I, we wouldn’t last. | 我和本的关系不会长久 |
[25:03] | Our star would burn out too quickly. | 热情的星星会熄灭 |
[25:04] | But you and Ben, on the other hand, your star could burn on forever. | 但你和本的那颗星星却是永恒明亮的 |
[25:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:12] | You and Ben are soul mates. | 你和本是灵魂伴侣型 |
[25:13] | And try as I might, I just… | 我试过了 |
[25:16] | I can’t get in the way of that. | 却改变不了这一点 |
[25:18] | You think we’re soul mates? | 你觉得我和本是灵魂伴侣吗 |
[25:20] | Yes, I do. | 没错 是这样 |
[25:22] | And you can’t let that get away from you. | 你不能就这么放弃他 |
[25:24] | Do you want Ben back? | 想让本回到你身边吗 |
[25:27] | Yes. | 想啊 |
[25:28] | Then you have to tell him how you feel. | 那你就得告诉他你的感觉 |
[25:30] | You need to claim your man. | 你得主动开口 表明心意 |
[25:34] | I don’t think I can. | 我觉得我做不到 |
[25:35] | Ugh. Why not? | 为什么 |
[25:37] | Because what if I tell Ben that I still like him, | 因为如果我告诉他我还喜欢他 |
[25:39] | and he says he’s not interested anymore? | 他却没有感觉怎么办 |
[25:42] | Well, there’s only one way to find out. | 只有一个办法能知道喽 |
[25:46] | Do it, Rita. Do it. | 告诉他 丽塔 告诉他 |
[25:47] | Before it’s too late. | 现在还不迟 |
[25:52] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[25:54] | I think I will. | 我会告诉他的 |
[25:56] | Amanda, I don’t know what to say. | 阿曼达 我不知道该说什么了 |
[25:59] | Thank you for this. | 太谢谢你了 |
[26:00] | You are so welcome. | 不用谢 |
[26:03] | I’m sure you’ll return the favor one day. | 我知道你会有机会回报我的 |
[26:06] | Won’t you? | 是吧 |
[26:08] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[26:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:11] | Then my work here is done. | 那我现在的任务就完成啦 |
[26:24] | Make it stop. | 叫他别拉了 |
[26:25] | How? | 怎么做 |
[26:26] | I don’t know, maybe tip him? | 不知道 给他小费 |
[26:27] | Or no, don’t tip him. | 别 别给小费 |
[26:29] | ‘Cause that could send the wrong message. | 那样会适得其反 |
[26:31] | Thank you, but we can’t hear… | 谢谢 但是我们听不了 |
[26:34] | Oh, for Pete’s sake. | 老天呐 不是这意思 |
[26:37] | Nina, I’m so glad you’re here. | 尼娜 见到你太荣幸了 |
[26:38] | No! No! No, no, no! | 不是吧 不要啊 不会吧 |
[26:46] | You really don’t beat around the bush, do you? | 你讲话也太不委婉了吧 |
[26:55] | You need a hand there? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[26:58] | Dakota? | 达科他 |
[26:59] | I asked you to wait back at the house. | 我不是让你在家里等我吗 |
[27:01] | Yeah, seven hours ago. | 是啊 都等了七个小时了 |
[27:02] | I figured if I was gonna see you | 我觉得为了不要很想你 |
[27:04] | I should come to you instead. | 我还是先来找你吧 |
[27:05] | Little busy right now. | 我现在有点忙 |
[27:08] | Oh, Kate Quimby… | 好吧 凯特·昆比 |
[27:09] | Please, don’t. | 别说了 |
[27:10] | You and I… | 你和我 |
[27:11] | Can we just talk about this later? Please? | 能迟点再讨论这个吗 求你了 |
[27:16] | No. | 不行 |
[27:19] | I need an answer. | 我想要你的回答 |
[27:21] | This isn’t a good time. | 现在还不是时候 |
[27:23] | It’s never a good time with you, Kate. | 凯特 你总说不是时候 |
[27:24] | There’s always something. There’s always some excuse | 总有事情 总有借口来拖延你的决定 |
[27:27] | to put things off and avoid commitment. | 你总是在避免做出承诺 |
[27:30] | It’s what you do. | 这就是你近来的所作所为 |
[27:34] | That’s not fair. | 这么说不公平 |
[27:36] | Maybe not. | 可能吧 |
[27:37] | But it’s true. | 但事实如此 |
[27:40] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[27:44] | But I need an answer. | 但我需要一个答案 |
[27:48] | Today. | 今天就要 |
[27:59] | Yeah, they’re playing at the Bowery next month. | 没错 他们下个月要来演出 |
[28:01] | I thought we’d go check ’em out. | 我们去看吧 |
[28:03] | And the week after that they’re gonna be playing on the moon. | 在那一周之后 他们会上月球演出 |
[28:06] | We’d have to take a space shuttle to get there. | 我们得开飞船去 |
[28:09] | How does that sound? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[28:10] | Might be a little difficult to get tickets though. | 不过票可能不大好买 |
[28:14] | Yeah, we could do that. | 行啊 我们做得到 |
[28:16] | Jane, are you okay? | 简 你没事吧 |
[28:17] | What? No. | 什么 没有啊 |
[28:19] | Uh, yes. I’m sorry? | 是的 你说什么 |
[28:25] | Uh, I usually like to put mine on my lap, | 我通常会把那个放在腿上 |
[28:28] | but okay. | 不过 也行啊 |
[28:29] | Oh, I just don’t want to spill on my dress. | 我就是不想把东西洒在裙子上 |
[28:32] | Spill what? | 洒什么东西 |
[28:47] | So, what’s going on? | 所以 到底怎么了 |
[28:50] | Oh, you know, I just… I wanted to stop playing grown up | 你知道的 我就是不想扮成熟了 |
[28:53] | and escape the world up there for a minute. That’s not true. | 想在这下面躲会儿 而且我这都是胡扯 |
[28:57] | This isn’t my dress. | 这不是我的裙子 |
[28:58] | This is Nina Garcia’s backup dress. | 这是尼娜·加西亚的备用裙子 |
[29:01] | And when her assistant said that she didn’t need it | 她的助理说她穿不着的 |
[29:04] | I thought, “Well, what could it hurt to wear it?” | 我就想 那我穿穿也没事吧 |
[29:05] | So, what’s the problem? | 那有什么问题吗 |
[29:08] | The problem is Nina | 问题就是尼娜 |
[29:09] | just walked in here wearing the exact same dress. | 刚刚穿着一模一样的裙子进来了 |
[29:12] | A dress that’s supposed to be one of a kind. | 这裙子应该是独一无二的 |
[29:14] | Ouch. | 糟糕啊 |
[29:15] | I know. I’m sorry. I just… I don’t know what to do. | 我知道 对不起 我不知道该怎么办 |
[29:20] | I think I have an idea. | 我想我有办法 |
[29:52] | Oh, please let this night end. | 拜托 今天晚上的麻烦事告一段落吧 |
[30:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:01] | Is this Jane? It’s Nina Garcia. | 是简吗 我是尼娜·加西亚 |
[30:03] | Oh. Hi. How are you? | 哦 嗨 你好啊 |
[30:06] | Believe it or not, I’m going to need that backup dress. | 信不信由你 我需要那条备用的裙子 |
[30:09] | How quickly can you meet | 你需要多长时间 |
[30:11] | me in the bathroom at Le Petit Bordelais? | 到小波尔多餐厅的卫生间和我会合 |
[30:13] | Hmm. Pretty quickly. | 应该非常快 |
[30:14] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:30] | You must be Jane. | 你一定是简吧 |
[30:31] | You certainly made it here very quickly. | 你动作还真快啊 |
[30:33] | What can I say? | 没什么大不了的 |
[30:35] | Your backup dress. | 您的备用裙子 |
[30:37] | Thank you. I must say, I’m impressed. | 谢谢 我必须说 我很满意 |
[30:40] | I’ll be sure to tell Gray how helpful you’ve been. | 我一定会告诉格雷 你对我帮助有多大 |
[30:59] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[31:00] | It’s like you just showed up out of nowhere. | 你好像就那么凭空出现了 |
[31:02] | I didn’t expect to have these feelings for you. | 我也没想到会对你有这样的感觉 |
[31:04] | I didn’t either. | 我也一样 |
[31:07] | How’re we going to tell him? | 我们要怎么告诉他呢 |
[31:08] | I don’t know. But we have to. | 我 我不知道 但我们别无选择 |
[31:11] | I feel bad, but, I mean, | 我很内疚 但是 |
[31:13] | you can’t help who you fall in love with, right? | 爱一个人是无法控制的 对吗 |
[31:16] | Of course not. | 当然 |
[31:17] | But there are a few things that you don’t know about me. | 但有些关于我的事你还不知道 |
[31:20] | And if anyone were to ever found out, I… | 如果让别人知道了 我 |
[31:24] | Too late! | 太晚了 |
[31:24] | Oh, hey, Billy. What’s going on? | 嗨 比利 怎么了 |
[31:26] | Backstabbing. | 背后使绊 |
[31:27] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[31:28] | Oh, come on. Save the performance, Zoe. | 算了 别演了 佐伊 |
[31:31] | All right. I heard everything. | 我都听见了 |
[31:31] | Dude, there are 200 girls at this school. | 哥们儿 这学校有二百多个女生 |
[31:33] | Why do you keep having to going after mine? | 你干嘛老跟我抢 |
[31:35] | Okay, Billy, I think you have this all wrong. | 好吧 比利 我想你完全误会了 |
[31:38] | Man, what a colossal waste of time | 佐伊 在你身上花那么多时间 |
[31:41] | you turned out to be, Zoe. | 简直是巨大的浪费 |
[31:43] | Dude. We were just running lines. | 哥们儿 我们对台词呢 |
[31:46] | Ms. Clark, she made some last minute revisions to the script. | 克拉克小姐最后时刻又对台词做了点改动 |
[31:50] | Check it out. | 你看看 |
[31:58] | Ah! I am a total jerk. | 我是个混蛋 |
[31:59] | And, apparently, I’m a colossal waste of time. | 显然我浪费了你的时间 |
[32:04] | I should probably, um… | 我大概是应该 |
[32:08] | Yeah. I’m gonna go. Uh… | 没错 我该走了 |
[32:10] | Zoe, we’ll just finish running these tomorrow. | 佐伊 我们明天再接着对 |
[32:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:18] | I’m so sorry. I just thought… | 我很抱歉 我还以为 |
[32:19] | Yeah. I know what you thought. | 是 我知道你怎么想的 |
[32:27] | Zoe? Please, can we just talk? | 佐伊 求你了 我们谈谈好吗 |
[32:31] | You mean, talk about the fact that you don’t trust me? | 你是说谈谈你对我的不信任吗 |
[32:34] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[32:42] | Jane, you’re a life saver. | 简 你简直救了我一命 |
[32:44] | I’m so glad I could help. | 能帮上忙我太高兴了 |
[32:48] | And by the way, I love what you’re wearing. | 顺便说一句 爱死你的衣服了 |
[32:54] | Everything good now? | 都搞定了吧 |
[32:55] | Yes. Except I totally ruined our date. | 是的 除了我们的约会完全被我毁了以外 |
[32:58] | Now, what do you say we get out of here | 我们离开这儿 |
[33:00] | and go somewhere a little less grown up? | 去个没那么成熟的地方 怎么样 |
[33:02] | I’d like that. | 我没意见 |
[33:10] | That’s the story you’re sticking with? | 你真的是这么想的 |
[33:12] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[33:13] | This was a successful first date? | 这是一次成功的第一次约会 |
[33:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:21] | Darn it! | 坏了 |
[33:22] | I’m never gonna be able to wear this tablecloth again. | 我以后再也没法穿这块桌布了 |
[33:28] | Can I tell you a secret? | 能告诉你个秘密吗 |
[33:29] | Sure. | 当然 |
[33:33] | It’s the best first date I’ve ever gone on. | 这是我经历的最棒的第一次约会 |
[33:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:03] | Please, don’t do this. | 求你了 别这样 |
[34:04] | I told you, I need an answer. | 我告诉你我需要一个答案了 |
[34:09] | What’s going on? | 你们在干什么 |
[34:11] | Well, it looks like I’m heading back to Colorado, Jane. | 看上去我是要回科罗拉多了 |
[34:13] | It was really nice to meet you. | 简 很高兴能见到你 |
[34:16] | And your brother. | 还有你哥哥 |
[34:17] | And I hope that we get to spend more time together in the future. | 我希望将来能有机会进一步认识你们 |
[34:24] | My offer stands, Kate. | 我的求婚还有效 凯特 |
[34:25] | The plane leaves in two hours. | 飞机两小时后起飞 |
[34:27] | And if your answer’s yes, | 如果你的答案是”我愿意” |
[34:30] | there’s a ticket waiting for you. | 我多买了一张票等着你呢 |
[34:32] | But, if you don’t show up, | 但如果你不来 |
[34:36] | well, then I’ll know your answer. | 那我就知道你的答案了 |
[34:47] | Mom, are you okay? | 妈 你没事吧 |
[35:03] | – Mom? – Not now, honey. I’m busy. | -妈 -现在不行 亲爱的 我忙着呢 |
[35:06] | But, what are you gonna do? | 但你打算怎么办呢 |
[35:08] | Oh, I totally botched the sleeve on this costume. | 我把这件戏服的袖子完全糟蹋了 |
[35:12] | I’m trying to fix it, but it doesn’t matter what I do, | 正在试着挽救 但不管我干什么 |
[35:14] | it just doesn’t look right. | 看上去还是不怎么样 |
[35:16] | I just… | 我就是 |
[35:17] | I don’t know what to do. | 就是不知道该干什么了 |
[35:19] | – Here, let me look at it. – No. Leave it. | -来 让我看看 -不 算了吧 |
[35:23] | – Mom… – What’s the point? | -妈 -有什么用呢 |
[35:25] | I failed. Again. | 我失败了 又一次 |
[35:28] | That’s not true. | 事实不是这样的 |
[35:29] | No, it is. | 不 就是的 |
[35:30] | The only decent costume in the whole play | 剧中唯一出色的戏服还是 |
[35:33] | is the dress that you made for Cinderella. | 你为灰姑娘制作的那一件 |
[35:36] | That’s because I had months to work on it. | 那是因为我花了几个月时间做那身衣服 |
[35:39] | What? Months? | 什么 几个月 |
[35:40] | We’ve only been doing costumes for a few days. | 可我们几天前才开始做戏服呀 |
[35:42] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[35:44] | The thing is, I didn’t really make that dress for the play. | 其实那条裙子不是为了这部戏而做的 |
[35:47] | I made it for myself. | 这条裙子是给我自己做的 |
[35:49] | And I was gonna wear it on my date with Eli, | 我想在与伊莱的约会上穿 |
[35:52] | and so I brought it to school, | 所以才顺便带去学校 |
[35:53] | and then I guess you found it on the rack and… | 然后你碰巧在衣架上发现了它 |
[35:58] | Great. | 好极了 |
[36:01] | I screwed that up too. | 我还毁了你的约会 |
[36:03] | No, everything turned out fine. | 没有 约会还是很顺利的 |
[36:07] | Sort of. | 基本上 |
[36:09] | Come on, Mom. You’re upset, | 拜托 妈妈 |
[36:10] | and we both know it has nothing to do with the costumes. | 我们都知道你不是为了戏服的事沮丧 |
[36:23] | Dakota’s right. | 达科他说的对 |
[36:25] | All I ever do is avoid things | 我总是回避问题 |
[36:28] | and run away from love and commitment. | 逃避各种爱的承诺 |
[36:33] | I did it with your dad. | 我当初就是这样对你们爸爸 |
[36:36] | And you. | 对你 |
[36:38] | And Ben. | 对本也是 |
[36:40] | And anyone else I ever loved. | 对所有我爱的人都这样 |
[36:47] | Now I’m doing it with Dakota. | 现在我又对达科他重蹈覆辙 |
[36:54] | And it needs to stop. | 我想我不能再这样了 |
[36:57] | Does that mean you’re leaving? | 你是说你要跟他走了吗 |
[37:05] | If I work this out with Dakota, | 如果我和达科他修成正果 |
[37:11] | if I finally grow up, | 如果我终于成熟起来 |
[37:18] | I think, in the end, | 那我最终 |
[37:20] | I can be a better mother to you. | 会成为更好的母亲 |
[37:25] | But I have to go to him now | 可我现在一定要去找他 |
[37:27] | to make that happen. | 否则那一切都不会发生 |
[37:31] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[37:33] | Jane. | 简 |
[37:35] | Things are different with us now. | 我们现在的关系和以前不同了 |
[37:38] | We are in each other’s lives | 我们生活在彼此的生命里 |
[37:41] | and that’s not gonna change. Not ever. | 这一点是不会改变的 永远都不会 |
[37:44] | I’ll come visit. | 我会来探望你们 |
[37:45] | You come visit. | 你也可以来找我 |
[37:48] | Will we talk? | 那我们还能聊天吗 |
[37:49] | Every day. I promise. | 我保证每天都和你聊一会儿 |
[37:52] | And I will not disappear. | 我不会再失踪了 |
[38:01] | Well, then you’d better hurry. | 那你现在最好抓紧时间 |
[38:04] | ‘Cause you have got a plane to catch. | 你还有一班飞机要赶呢 |
[38:09] | You’ll explain it to Ben? | 你会和本解释这一切吧 |
[38:11] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[38:14] | He’ll understand. | 他一定会理解你的 |
[38:16] | And I’m sure he’ll be very happy to have his bed back. | 而且我敢说他一定很高兴重占这张床 |
[38:20] | I love you, Jane. | 我爱你 简 |
[38:25] | I love you, too, Mom. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[38:41] | Hey, man. | 嘿 兄弟 |
[38:44] | Well, that was awkward. Sorry. | 我之前实在是太糗了 抱歉 |
[38:45] | That’s why they call it the drama club. | 所以我们才管那叫戏剧社 |
[38:49] | Actually, I can’t blame you for being on edge. | 老实说也不能怪你那么暴躁 |
[38:51] | It couldn’t have been easy watching me kiss Zoe. | 要冷眼旁观我和佐伊接吻也不是一件易事 |
[38:53] | Especially after what I did with Lulu. | 尤其在我和露露那件事之后 |
[38:55] | Yeah, you did kind of screw me over in that department, didn’t you? | 你在学校里的所作所为让我受辱 |
[38:59] | We’re kind of on the road to getting past that, | 我们现在应该基本上和好了吧 |
[39:01] | which is why I’m gonna quit the play. | 我决定退出这部戏 |
[39:03] | What, man? No, you don’t have to do that. | 兄弟 大可不必如此 |
[39:05] | I think we both know I do. | 我们不都觉得有这个必要吗 |
[39:09] | That’s what I thought. | 至少我是这么想的 |
[39:11] | I’ll see you around, Billy. | 回头见 比利 |
[39:20] | Jane | 简 |
[39:21] | I’ve got big news! | 我有重大消息要宣布 |
[39:24] | Me, too. | 我也有 |
[39:26] | Ben, after I came home from my date… | 本 我约会完回家 |
[39:29] | Yes, Ben? | 怎么了 本 |
[39:30] | Can I go first? | 我能先说吗 |
[39:31] | Yes, you can go first. | 行 你先说 |
[39:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:33] | Baseball wants me! | 棒球界需要我 |
[39:35] | What? | 什么 |
[39:36] | They’re signing me to a minor league contract. | 小职业联盟要和我签约了 |
[39:38] | I might have a chance to play in the majors. | 我或许能参加职业联盟比赛 |
[39:40] | Shut up! | 真的假的 |
[39:41] | I know, right? | 我知道 很激动人心吧 |
[39:42] | Ben, this is so amazing, | 这真是太棒了 |
[39:44] | and are you packing? Why are you packing? | 你在收行李吗 你为什么要收行李 |
[39:46] | Well, here’s the kicker. | 问题就是 |
[39:47] | If I want to do this, | 如果我要加入职业联盟 |
[39:49] | I’ve got to get on the team bus which goes to Ohio tonight. | 今晚就要搭队车到俄亥俄 |
[39:52] | Tonight? | 今晚 |
[39:53] | In fact, in an hour. | 实际上就是一个小时后 |
[39:57] | Where’s Mom? | 妈妈去哪儿了 |
[39:58] | Mom? Why? | 妈妈 怎么问起她来了 |
[40:00] | Because, and I can’t believe I’m actually gonna saying this, | 因为 真不敢相信我会说出这种话 |
[40:05] | I want to thank her. | 我想谢谢她 |
[40:06] | This is my second chance, | 这是我的第二次机会 |
[40:07] | and if she hadn’t come back, it wouldn’t be possible. | 如果她没回来 我也不可能有这机会 |
[40:10] | But she’s here, which means I can go! | 既然她在这里 那我也能放心走了 |
[40:18] | I mean, if that’s okay with you. | 如果你对此也没有意见的话 |
[40:21] | Only if it’s okay with you. | 只要你有意见我就不走了 |
[40:24] | I get it. | 我看出来了 |
[40:25] | You don’t want me to go. | 你不希望我去 |
[40:26] | I don’t have to go. I won’t. | 我也不是非去不可 那我不走了 |
[40:27] | No, no, no. Gosh, no. I’m just… I’m so happy for you. | 不不 天呐不是的 我是太高兴了 |
[40:32] | This is your second chance. | 这可是你东山再起的好机会 |
[40:34] | Might not get another. | 千载难逢 |
[40:37] | I knew you’d get how big this is. | 我就知道你会理解我的 |
[40:39] | I do. I totally do. | 完全理解 |
[40:43] | Are you sure you’re gonna be okay with mom? | 你确定和妈妈在一起没问题吧 |
[40:46] | Yeah. Yeah, it’ll be great. | 没有问题 |
[40:48] | Just us girls. | 女生之家 |
[40:50] | So, where is she? | 话说她去哪儿了 |
[40:51] | She’s out. With Dakota. | 她和达科他出去了 |
[40:53] | It’s gonna be a while, but I’ll tell her you said goodbye. | 等他们回来我会替你向他们道别的 |
[40:57] | Go. | 去吧 |
[40:58] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想念你的 |
[41:01] | I’ll miss you, too, Ben. | 我也会想你的 本 |
[41:06] | Break a leg. | 祝你断腿[意思是祝你好运] |
[41:07] | You don’t say that in sports, but thanks. | 对运动员说这话可不吉利 但还是谢谢了 |
[41:10] | Break bats? | 那祝你断背 |
[41:25] | Ben! | 本 |
[41:27] | Hey. Rita? How did you… | 嗨 丽塔 你怎么 |
[41:28] | I stopped by the house and Jane told me you’d be here. | 我路过你家 简告诉我你会在这里 |
[41:32] | So you heard the news? | 那你也知道这个消息了 |
[41:33] | Yeah. I did. | 没错 我知道了 |
[41:38] | Look, I know I was the one who wanted distance | 我知道当初是我说想保持距离 |
[41:41] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[41:43] | Look… | 听着 我 |
[41:46] | It’s okay. | 没关系了 |
[41:49] | Turns out it was a good thing. | 现在看来这不是坏事 |
[41:52] | It was? Yeah. | 是这样吗 |
[41:53] | It’s like the stars aligned. | 更像是一个新的起跑线 |
[41:57] | If my mom hadn’t come back, | 要不是我妈妈回来了 |
[41:58] | and if we were still together, | 要不是你和我分手了 |
[42:00] | I wouldn’t be getting on this bus right now. | 我现在也不会在这上车了 |
[42:05] | That’s great. | 那就好 |
[42:09] | So, why did you come down here? | 话说你为什么到这来 |
[42:13] | I just wanted to say good luck. | 我就是想说 祝你好运 |
[42:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:24] | That, um, | 你的祝福 |
[42:26] | means a lot. | 对我来说很重要 |
[42:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:46] | Oh, my God, I’m all alone. | 天呐 现在就只剩我孤零零一个人了 |
[42:53] | I’m all alone. | 我一个人自由自在了 |