时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Ready? Okay. | 准备好了吗 开始 |
[00:03] | Jane the virgin was accidentally artificially inseminated, | 处女简不小心被人工授精了 |
[00:06] | and she had baby Mateo. | 生下了儿子马特奥 |
[00:08] | But he was kidnapped | 但他被绑架了 |
[00:09] | and then traded for this flash drive. | 赎金就是这个闪存盘 |
[00:11] | Luckily, Jane and Rafael got him back. | 幸运的是 他回到了简和拉斐尔身边 |
[00:14] | And they would have lived happily ever after, | 他们本可以过上幸福快乐的日子 |
[00:16] | except she chose to be with Michael. Only problem? | 只是她当初选择的是迈克尔 可问题是 |
[00:19] | – You turned me in! – Stop! | -你出卖了我 -住手 |
[00:21] | But it turns out, Michael was right. | 事实证明 迈克尔说的没错 |
[00:23] | You paid me to lie to the cops about Cordero. | 你花钱让我向警方对科尔德罗的事撒谎 |
[00:25] | Rafael did rat him out. | 拉斐尔的确出卖了他 |
[00:26] | Unfortunately, it was too late. | 不幸的是 她知道的太晚了 |
[00:28] | Michael had moved on. | 迈克尔已经翻篇了 |
[00:29] | Oh, and her baby daddy, Rafael, well, | 还有孩子的父亲 拉斐尔 |
[00:32] | his life was complicated, too. | 他的生活也很复杂 |
[00:33] | See, his other baby mama, | 他的另一个孩子的母亲 |
[00:35] | Petra, was in a bit of a jam. | 佩特拉有了点麻烦 |
[00:37] | He mother killed someone and then blamed her. | 她妈妈杀了人却栽赃给了她 |
[00:40] | Talk about dysfunctional family, right? | 真是支离破碎的家庭啊 |
[00:42] | Well, how about this? | 还有这个呢 |
[00:43] | Rafael’s mom abandoned him when he was four. | 拉斐尔的母亲在他四岁那年抛弃了他 |
[00:46] | Oh, and his half-sister, Luisa, | 他同父异母的姐姐 路易莎 |
[00:48] | well, her mom was a criminal mastermind called Mutter, | 她的妈妈是名叫穆特[母亲]的犯罪巨头 |
[00:51] | and her signature was blue silk ties. | 她的标记是蓝色的丝绳 |
[00:54] | And Detective Michael was on the hunt for her, | 迈克尔警探正在追捕她 |
[00:56] | along with Susanna, | 和苏珊娜一起 |
[00:58] | who Luisa kind of liked. | 路易莎对她有好感 |
[00:59] | As in, like-liked. | 爱情那种 |
[01:00] | Oh, and speaking of romance, | 说到浪漫感情 |
[01:03] | Michael returned Jane’s tree topper. | 迈克尔把简的圣诞树顶部装饰还给了她 |
[01:05] | So maybe there was hope for them after all. | 所以他们可能还有复合的可能 |
[01:07] | I guess we’ll see. | 我们拭目以待吧 |
[01:10] | It is a truth universally acknowledged | 有一个举世公认的共识 |
[01:12] | that Jane Gloriana Villanueva loved school. | 那就是简·格洛瑞娜·维兰纽瓦爱学校 |
[01:17] | However, she didn’t love all of school. | 可她并不爱学校的全部 |
[01:21] | Specifically second grade gym class. | 尤其是二年级的体育课 |
[01:24] | – Because of Tommy Boxer. – Yes! | -因为汤米·博克斯 -打中了 |
[01:26] | Fortunately, Jane’s abuela gave her the tools | 幸运的是 简的外婆给了她 |
[01:28] | to deal with boys like that. | 对付这种男孩的工具 |
[01:30] | Tommy? | 汤米 |
[01:31] | I know what’s going on here. | 我知道这是怎么回事 |
[01:33] | You’re extra mean to me because you like me. | 你对我特别坏是因为你喜欢我 |
[01:35] | Ah, yes, that old chestnut. | 就是这个老掉牙的理论 |
[01:37] | And just so you know, | 但你要知道 |
[01:38] | that is not the way to get me to like you. | 你这么做是不会让我喜欢上你的 |
[01:41] | I respond to kindness. | 我只喜欢善良的人 |
[01:43] | Your grandma’s wrong. | 你外婆说错了 |
[01:45] | I’m mean ’cause of math class. | 我对你坏是因为数学课的事 |
[01:52] | You’re only cheating yourself, you know. | 你这是在骗自己 |
[01:56] | Yeah, Jane didn’t see that coming. | 简可没料到这个 |
[01:59] | Or that. | 还有这个 |
[02:04] | Or this. | 还有这个 |
[02:08] | – So, listen, you’re probably wondering… – I wanted to reach out | -你可能在想… -我还想联络你 |
[02:10] | – and thank you for the tree topper. – Why I left the tree topper. | -谢谢你装饰的事 -我为什么还你装饰 |
[02:15] | I want you to know that you were right, | 我想告诉你 你没错 |
[02:17] | uh, about rafael turning you in. | 的确是拉斐尔出卖了你 |
[02:20] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[02:21] | But I get it. He was looking out for his family. | 但我理解 他是为了家人 |
[02:24] | Anyway, we talked. | 我和他谈过了 |
[02:25] | He and I are all good now. | 我们已经和解了 |
[02:27] | And I was hoping maybe you and I could… | 我也希望我们之间… |
[02:30] | maybe be good. | 也能好好相处 |
[02:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:34] | Really. | 真的 |
[02:40] | No, Mateo, not again. | 不 马特奥 又搅了美梦 |
[02:42] | Mateo. Come on. Not again. | 马特奥 怎么又哭了 |
[02:46] | Oh, it’s 2:37 a.m. | 现在是凌晨2:37 |
[02:50] | This sleep regression has got to end, baby. | 这种睡眠退化得结束了 宝贝 |
[02:54] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[02:56] | Try to go to sleep. | 尽量睡觉 |
[02:58] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[03:00] | Yeah? Oh. | 好吗 乖 |
[03:02] | Jane, come on. | 简 别这样 |
[03:04] | Rogelio’s mom comes tomorrow, | 罗格里奥的妈妈明天要来 |
[03:05] | and I cannot face that woman | 睡不够八个小时 |
[03:07] | on less than eight hours of sleep. | 我没法面对那个女人 |
[03:08] | I’m trying, obviously. | 我这不哄他睡呢吗 |
[03:17] | I’m not comfortable with that. | 那样我心里不舒服 |
[03:20] | Wait. | 等等 |
[03:22] | He’s getting sleepy. | 他困了 |
[03:27] | Oh, buddy. | 小宝贝 |
[03:29] | Yeah, buddy, okay. | 小宝贝 好了 |
[03:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[03:50] | I want you both to know that I am on it. | 我希望你们知道 我已经开始了 |
[03:52] | When Mateo woke up at 4:30, | 马特奥4:30又醒过来的时候 |
[03:53] | I researched some very gentle sleep training methods. | 我查了些很温和的睡眠训练方法 |
[04:00] | No. | 不是 |
[04:02] | For you, but there are other well-researched methods. | 对你是这样 但还有其他可靠的方法 |
[04:08] | His lovey. | 他的玩具 |
[04:09] | I’m supposed to wear it in my bra | 我得把它放进胸罩里 |
[04:10] | so that he can smell me | 这样他就能闻到我的味道 |
[04:11] | and feel like I’m with him throughout the night. | 觉得我整晚都在他身边 |
[04:13] | and your opinion is noted. | 你的建议我也记住了 |
[04:18] | Hon, can you maybe not eat? | 宝贝 能先别吃吗 |
[04:20] | Liliana will be here any minute. | 莉莉安娜随时会来 |
[04:21] | Mom, you need to just relax. | 妈 你得放松点 |
[04:22] | Remember, dad said that grandma was much more chill | 别忘了爸爸说过 奶奶和爷爷在一起的时候 |
[04:25] | when she’s with grandpa. | 她要冷静得多 |
[04:34] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[04:35] | Glamma is here. | 奶奶来了 |
[04:38] | 莉莉安娜·维嘉 罗格里奥的(光彩照人的)母亲 特别特别爱罗格里奥 | |
[04:45] | Jane, you look adorable and darling. | 简 你还是那么可爱 |
[04:49] | And, Alba, so good to see you. | 阿尔芭 真高兴见到你 |
[04:54] | Hello, Xiomara. | 你好 希尔玛拉 |
[04:58] | Liliana. | 莉莉安娜 |
[05:00] | Where’s grandpa? | 爷爷呢 |
[05:01] | Well, it turns out that | 事实证明 |
[05:02] | he was not well enough to travel after all. | 他的身体还是不宜旅行 |
[05:05] | It’s, it’s a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[05:07] | Aw, I was really excited to meet him. | 我还很想见见他 |
[05:09] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[05:10] | But, uh, you know, better safe than sorry. | 但安全总比遗憾好 |
[05:14] | Can I get him? | 能让我去哄他吗 |
[05:15] | I could use a pinch of happiness | 我现在的状态 |
[05:17] | in my current state. | 需要点快乐的事情 |
[05:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:23] | What’s going on with your mother? | 你妈妈怎么了 |
[05:25] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[05:26] | She was like that the whole car ride down. | 来的路上她一直都这样 |
[05:28] | Happy, then sad. | 先高兴 又伤心 |
[05:30] | She wouldn’t even duet to “Endless love.” | 她都不和我合唱《无尽的爱》 |
[05:33] | – Did you ask her? – Of course I did. Over and over. | -你没问问她吗 -当然问了 问了一遍又一遍 |
[05:36] | I even sang her part. | 我连她那段都唱了 |
[05:37] | Poor grandma. Let me go check on Mateo | 奶奶真可怜 我去看看马特奥 |
[05:39] | and see if maybe she’ll talk to me. | 也许她会和我聊聊 |
[05:48] | – He’s adorable. – Thanks. | -他真可爱 -谢谢 |
[05:50] | A little less adorable when he wakes up every hour. | 隔一小时醒一次的时候就没那么可爱了 |
[05:54] | So, glamma, | 奶奶 |
[05:56] | Is everything okay with you? | 一切还好吧 |
[05:57] | Oh, yes. Yes, I’m-I’m just a little… | 当然 没事 我只是… |
[06:00] | overwhelmed seeing my beautiful great-grandson. | 看到我漂亮的曾孙有点不知所措 |
[06:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:07] | Just seems like maybe there’s something else. | 只是看起来还有别的什么事 |
[06:09] | And if there is, you can tell me. | 如果有什么事 你可以告诉我 |
[06:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:18] | Your grandfather is gay. | 你祖父是个同性恋 |
[06:20] | And he has left me. | 他离开了我 |
[06:23] | For a man. | 为了一个男人 |
[06:31] | You are so right. | 你说得太对了 |
[06:32] | I feel so much better. | 我感觉好多了 |
[06:34] | Good, good. | 那就好 |
[06:35] | Now, listen, you cannot tell anybody. | 听着 你不许跟任何人说 |
[06:39] | And you can especially not tell your father, | 特别是不能告诉你父亲 |
[06:41] | because I know how much he idealized our marriage. | 我知道他把我们的婚姻看得多么美好 |
[06:44] | And when he finds out that it was all a lie, | 要是他发现这一切都是谎言 |
[06:46] | he is going to be so devastated. | 他会崩溃的 |
[06:48] | Jane? | 简 |
[06:50] | I can trust you, yes? | 我能相信你 对吗 |
[06:57] | No big deal. | 没什么事 |
[06:59] | Yeah, it was just, like, you know, | 就是… |
[07:00] | terrible food on the airplane and they charge for it now. | 飞机上的食物很糟糕 他们现在还要收费 |
[07:02] | So it’s so annoying. | 挺烦人的 |
[07:04] | Oh, okay. | 那就好 |
[07:06] | Well, I’ll just send a series of irate tweets to the airline. | 我这就发一系列暴怒的推特给航空公司 |
[07:09] | They’re gonna respond with a flight voucher or something. | 他们会回赠飞行代金券之类的东西的 |
[07:11] | – Thank you, Jane. – No problem. | -谢谢你 简 -没问题 |
[07:13] | Okay, I’m gonna go shower, because I got to go teach. | 好了 我要去洗澡了 一会要去上课 |
[07:15] | Thank you guys for watching Mateo. | 谢谢你们照顾马特奥 |
[07:17] | Okay, from one mama drama | 好了 从这位母亲的闹剧 |
[07:19] | to another. | 转向另一位 |
[07:20] | There’s security footage of you wheeling Ivan | 这段监控录像显示你推着伊凡 |
[07:22] | out of the hotel. | 离开了旅馆 |
[07:23] | I was helping my mother. | 我在帮我母亲 |
[07:24] | The murder weapon had Ivan’s blood on it and your fingerprints. | 凶器上有伊凡的血和你的指纹 |
[07:27] | Yeah, but this isn’t the murder weapon. | 没错 但这不是凶器 |
[07:28] | The murder weapon was my mother’s hook. | 凶器是我母亲的钩子 |
[07:29] | Well, no one knows where that is. | 没人知道那东西在哪 |
[07:31] | ‘Cause she had that one removed last month. | 因为她上个月把钩子拿掉了 |
[07:33] | It could be at the bottom of the ocean. | 它现在可能都沉入海底了 |
[07:34] | And without it, the case comes down to your word against hers. | 没有凶器 此案就是你与你母亲各执一词 |
[07:37] | My mother is a convicted felon. | 我母亲可是已经定罪的重刑犯 |
[07:39] | She also came forward– you didn’t. | 她主动交待了 但你没有 |
[07:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:43] | Okay, so what happens next? | 接下来怎么办 |
[07:46] | Because Petra obviously didn’t do this. | 因为显然不是佩特拉干的 |
[07:48] | Indictment is likely. | 她很有可能被起诉 |
[07:50] | Self-defense. | 自卫呢 |
[07:52] | It’s 15 years to life. | 十五年至终身监禁 |
[07:55] | Without the murder weapon… | 找不到凶器的话 |
[07:56] | Petra. | 佩特拉 |
[07:59] | Yeah, sorry. What were you saying? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[08:01] | That you will be indicted | 你将被起诉 |
[08:02] | unless you can get your mother to confess. | 除非你能让你母亲坦白交代 |
[08:05] | We’re gonna figure this out, okay? | 我们会想出办法的 好吗 |
[08:07] | Also nervous… | 同样紧张的还有… |
[08:10] | Jane. | 简 |
[08:11] | Not indicted-for-murder nervous, | 不是被控谋杀的紧张 |
[08:13] | more like first-day-as- a-teacher’s-assistant nervous. | 更像是第一天当助教的紧张 |
[08:19] | Oh, hi. | 你们好 |
[08:23] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[08:25] | Wow, there’s lots of tall people here. | 大伙儿都好高啊 |
[08:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:31] | Welcome to great books 105. | 欢迎来到图书鉴赏105 |
[08:33] | I am Jane Villanueva, | 我是简·维兰纽瓦 |
[08:35] | your section leader. | 你们的阶段导师 |
[08:36] | And I can promise you | 我向你们保证 |
[08:39] | that the course name d… Oh. Hi. | 这门课… 你好 |
[08:42] | I was just… | 我就… |
[08:45] | I can promise you that the course name doesn’t lie. | 我向你们保证这门课名副其实 |
[08:48] | These are great books. | 这些都是很棒的书 |
[08:52] | Okay, so I hope you all enjoyed | 好了 希望你们课下的时候 |
[08:55] | Pride and Prejudeje over your break. | 都很喜欢读傲慢与偏见 |
[08:57] | I know I loved rereading it. | 反正我很喜欢反复读这本书 |
[08:59] | We’ll start with the immortal line, | 我们先从这段名言开始 |
[09:02] | “It is a truth universally acknowledged | “有这样一条公认的真理 |
[09:04] | that a single man in possession of a good fortune | “那就是腰缠万贯的单身汉 |
[09:08] | must be in want of a wife.” | “都想要娶位太太” |
[09:10] | Can anyone unpack that? | 谁能赏析下这句话 |
[09:15] | Okay, I’m gonna steer a little. | 好吧 给你们点提示 |
[09:17] | Thoughts on how it frames the marriage plot narrative | 这句话是如何用讽刺语气 而非直白措辞 |
[09:19] | in satirical, rather than straightforward terms? | 来描述结婚情节的 |
[09:27] | You. Any thoughts on the quote? | 你 对这句话有什么理解吗 |
[09:30] | 马特·麦克尼尔 又名”灌篮高手” | |
[09:36] | I haven’t gotten to that part of the book yet. | 我还没读到那部分呢 |
[09:39] | It’s the first line. | 第一句就是 |
[09:44] | Did you read the book? | 你读了这本书吗 |
[09:45] | Uh, dude. | 哥们 |
[09:47] | What’s up with the teacher? | 老师怎么了 |
[09:48] | Books for ballers is supposed to be easy. | 球员阅读课应该很简单的 |
[09:49] | Excuse me. What did you call this class? | 不好意思 你管这门课叫什么 |
[09:52] | Uh, books for ballers. | 球员阅读课 |
[09:54] | “Books for…” | “球员…” |
[09:56] | If you’re actually gonna make us read all these books, | 如果你真想让我们读这些书 |
[09:58] | can you at least explain how to drop the class first? | 能先告诉我们怎么退掉这门课吗 |
[10:03] | Yeah, so it’s a truth universally acknowledged | 没错 公认的事实是 |
[10:06] | that Jane did not see that coming. | 简可没想到事情会发展成这样 |
[10:13] | Wow, and they got a shot off. | 他们绝杀了对方 |
[10:16] | What a game. | 多么精彩的比赛 |
[10:17] | I’m confused. | 我搞糊涂了 |
[10:19] | Who are these people, | 他们是谁 |
[10:19] | and what have they done with the villanuevas? | 和维兰纽瓦家有什么关系 |
[10:21] | Okay, cool. This is exciting. | 没关系 这挺激动人心的 |
[10:23] | Right? I mean, one point right before the buzzer. | 不是吗 压哨得分 |
[10:28] | Well, way to be supportive. | 你这是帮倒忙啊 |
[10:29] | I’m trying to connect with my students here, abuela. | 我正努力和学生建立联系呢 外婆 |
[10:33] | 整晚好梦 如何让孩子不哭 | |
[10:35] | Stop. Please. | 别说了 |
[10:45] | Okay, well, I’m not doing that, so, enough. | 我不会那么做了 别说了 |
[10:57] | 附近有个古巴三明治餐车 要买个晚饭吃吗 妈 | |
[11:09] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[11:11] | I have no idea who she is, either. | 我也不知道她是谁 |
[11:20] | This makes no sense. | 这讲不通 |
[11:22] | These therapy transcripts are just the ramblings | 这些医疗记录都只围绕着 |
[11:24] | of a mentally ill woman. | 一个患精神病的女人 |
[11:25] | Well, if Mia was gonna hide out in an institution, | 要是米娅藏身在精神病院 |
[11:28] | she’s got to make it look real. | 她必须让人看上去是真的 |
[11:30] | To give you a refresher… | 提醒你一下… |
[11:40] | Well, she did a good job. | 她伪装得不错 |
[11:42] | I mean, listen to this: | 听听这个 |
[11:43] | “Mia likes mint chip ice cream. | “米娅喜欢薄荷巧克力冰淇淋 |
[11:45] | She dreams of vacationing by a magical lake. | “她梦到去魔法湖边度假 |
[11:47] | Collects Hummel figurines.” | “收集哈姆尔小雕像” |
[11:49] | Well, it doesn’t mean anything to us. | 这对我们来说代表不了什么 |
[11:52] | But… It might mean something to your girlfriend. | 不过 它可能对你女朋友有什么意义 |
[11:54] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[11:56] | But, yeah, we’re gonna have to talk to Luisa. | 不过我们确实得找路易莎谈谈 |
[12:00] | – Heads or tails? – Heads. | -正面还是反面 -正面 |
[12:03] | You gonna wear something sexy? | 你要穿件性感点的衣服吗 |
[12:05] | It’s gonna be so awkward. | 场面肯定会很尴尬 |
[12:07] | Well, at least not as awkward as this. | 至少没这个尴尬 |
[12:09] | When Manuel was touching me, | 当曼纽尔抚摸我的时候 |
[12:11] | and we were making love, | 还有我们做爱的时候 |
[12:13] | is-is he thinking about another man the whole time? | 他心里想着的一直是个男人吗 |
[12:16] | – You know? – Yeah, I do. | -你明白吗 -我明白 |
[12:18] | Oh. Hey there. | 那个 |
[12:19] | Uh-oh. Did she hear that? | 她听到了吗 |
[12:21] | I-I think your uber’s waiting outside, Liliana. | 你叫的车到了 莉莉安娜 |
[12:23] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[12:24] | Okay, I will, uh… | 好的 我 |
[12:26] | I will see all of you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[12:29] | So, where are those Cubanos? | 古巴三明治呢 |
[12:32] | I think I might’ve found something out. | 我可能发现了一些事 |
[12:35] | – You heard? – You know? | -你听到了 -你知道了 |
[12:37] | – She told me this morning. – She who? | -她今天早上告诉我的 -谁 |
[12:39] | Wait, what did you find out? | 等下 你发现了什么 |
[12:41] | I think Michael has a girlfriend. | 我觉得迈克尔有女朋友了 |
[12:44] | He does? | 真的吗 |
[12:44] | I don’t know. I saw him talking to someone | 我不知道 我看到他和一个女生说话 |
[12:46] | and they looked like a couple. | 他们看上去像是一对 |
[12:48] | I know because of the tree topper, you thought maybe… | 我知道因为圣诞树顶部装饰的事 你觉得也许 |
[12:51] | Yeah, no, uh… | 是啊 不 |
[12:53] | It’s good to know. | 这样挺好的 |
[12:54] | Or maybe know. | 也不一定呢 |
[12:56] | So, wait, what were you talking about? | 等一下 你要说什么 |
[12:58] | Yeah, no, same thing. | 没什么 就这事 |
[13:00] | Jane… | 简 |
[13:01] | Okay, but you have to swear not to tell anybody. | 好吧 但你得保证不告诉别人 |
[13:03] | – I swear! – Manuel is gay. | -我保证 -曼纽尔是同性恋 |
[13:06] | What…? | 什么 |
[13:06] | And he’s leaving Liliana for a man, | 他为了一个男人离开了莉莉安娜 |
[13:08] | And she doesn’t want anybody to know, especially Rogelio. | 她不想让别人知道 尤其是罗格里奥 |
[13:10] | Well, why doesn’t she want to tell Rogelio? | 为什么她不想让罗格里奥知道 |
[13:11] | She doesn’t think he can handle it. | 她觉得他接受不了 |
[13:12] | – Of course he can. – No kidding. That’s what I said. | -当然可以 -开玩笑 我也这么说 |
[13:15] | Okay, Mr. Sweetface… | 好吧 宝贝 |
[13:17] | You and I are gonna go take a bath. | 我们要洗澡了 |
[13:19] | You are officially on the clock, | 你要准时开始了 |
[13:20] | cause tonight, you are sleeping! | 因为今晚 你得睡觉 |
[13:22] | I found a great method. | 我找到了一个好办法 |
[13:24] | And you took a nice bath. | 你好好洗了个澡 |
[13:26] | And you got your cute jammies on. | 穿上了可爱的睡衣 |
[13:29] | And here’s your lovey. | 这是你的玩具 |
[13:30] | Yes. And now I’m going to rock him | 我会摇摇他 |
[13:35] | until he’s drowsy but not asleep, | 到他有点困但又没睡着的时候 |
[13:37] | and then I’m going to put him in his crib. | 然后我就把他放到婴儿床里 |
[13:45] | Yes. I do this now, and then, | 是的 我先这样做 然后 |
[13:48] | every time he wakes up, | 每次他醒来 |
[13:49] | I give him a little less comfort, | 我都安抚他一下 |
[13:51] | so by the end of the night, | 当夜晚结束的时候 |
[13:52] | all he needs is a pat to go to sleep. | 只需轻轻一拍 他就睡着了 |
[14:01] | You see? | 你看 |
[14:11] | Good evening, folks, I’m John Salley. | 晚上好 伙计们 我是约翰·塞利 |
[14:13] | And I’m Lee Reherman. | 我是李·雷赫曼 |
[14:14] | And welcome to Sleep Tonight. | 欢迎收看《今夜好梦》 |
[14:16] | And tonight, team Villanueva | 今晚 维兰纽瓦小分队 |
[14:18] | is going to attempt | 正尝试着 |
[14:19] | gentle sleep learning. | 学习轻柔的入眠 |
[14:21] | 职业 母亲 年龄 二十四 身高 161厘米 体重 九十斤不关你的事 | |
[14:24] | Okay… | 好的 |
[14:26] | So it’s early in the first quarter, John. | 第一节才刚刚开始 约翰 |
[14:27] | And it looks like she’s going to go | 看起来她想要采取 |
[14:29] | with the kissing and rocking combo. | 亲亲和摇摇组合 |
[14:32] | Let’s see if it works. | 让我们看看有没有效果 |
[14:33] | All right. | 好的 |
[14:46] | You see here, Lee? | 看到了吗 李 |
[14:47] | Villanueva has the lovey placed just so. | 维兰纽瓦刚刚这样子放入了玩具 |
[14:50] | Now she slides a pacifier in. | 她把奶嘴塞了进去 |
[14:52] | Oh, that’s straight butter! | 干得漂亮 |
[14:53] | Now she’s patting his back gently. | 现在她轻柔地拍他的后背 |
[14:56] | Do not count Villanueva out. | 不要小看维兰纽瓦 |
[14:57] | No way. | 不可能 |
[15:05] | And a typical rookie mistake, John! | 典型的新手错误 约翰 |
[15:07] | I’m with alba on this one. | 我支持阿尔芭 |
[15:09] | She’s got the experience and the know-how. | 她有经验而且她知道怎么做 |
[15:11] | We are definitely going into overtime tonight. | 今晚我们一定要加班了 |
[15:21] | How do you sleep at night? | 你晚上怎么睡得着 |
[15:23] | Sleeping pills. | 安眠药 |
[15:24] | I have a prescription. | 我去开了处方 |
[15:25] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[15:26] | Because I am a survivor, Petra. | 我是一个幸存者 佩特拉 |
[15:29] | And I raise you to be one, too. | 我也把你养育成了一个幸存者 |
[15:31] | Which is why you will get through this. | 所以你会熬过这事的 |
[15:34] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[15:35] | Mother, stop! | 妈妈 别走 |
[15:37] | I can’t go to jail for something I didn’t do! | 我不能因为我没做过的事去坐牢 |
[15:41] | You know what really happened that night. | 你知道那天晚上发生了什么 |
[15:43] | I walked in. | 我走进来 |
[15:44] | You were standing over Ivan’s body. | 你站在伊凡的尸体边上 |
[15:46] | Your hook was bloody! | 你的钩子上有血 |
[15:47] | And here is what I know. | 我只知道 |
[15:49] | There is a recorder hidden somewhere in this room. | 你在这间房子里藏了一个录音设备 |
[15:52] | So I will speak loudly enough: | 所以我会大声说出来 |
[15:55] | stop lying, Petra. | 别再撒谎了 佩特拉 |
[15:58] | Admit what you did. | 认罪吧 |
[16:19] | Okay, new plan. | 新的计划 |
[16:20] | It’s called “Gentle, independent sleep,” | “温柔的独自入睡” |
[16:22] | and I watched a whole video on it last night. | 昨晚我看了一整个介绍这个的视频 |
[16:24] | First, we say good night, | 首先 我们说晚安 |
[16:25] | and remember, be peppy, | 记得要活泼一点 |
[16:27] | So little Leo knows that it’s going to be okay. | 所以小狮子知道这没什么大不了 |
[16:29] | So, you leave him and you check in in five minutes. | 然后离开 每隔五分钟回来检查一次 |
[16:31] | And then you check in in ten minutes | 然后每隔十分钟检查一次 |
[16:32] | and then you check in in 15 minutes | 每十五分钟检查一次 |
[16:33] | until he falls asleep, | 直到他睡着 |
[16:34] | and then he doesn’t feel like you abandoned him. | 这样他就不会觉得你抛弃了他 |
[16:36] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[16:43] | Ma! | 妈 |
[16:43] | I’m sorry, I’m too exhausted to keep secrets. | 对不起 保守秘密太累了 |
[16:45] | She won’t say anything. | 她什么都不会说的 |
[16:59] | Trust me, I know how difficult this is. | 相信我 我知道这有多难 |
[17:02] | You don’t. | 你不知道 |
[17:03] | If you did, you wouldn’t be asking me these questions | 如果你知道 你就不会问我这些 |
[17:05] | that I don’t have the answer to. | 我根本不知道答案的问题了 |
[17:07] | We’re just looking for anything. | 我们现在什么信息都需要 |
[17:08] | And I was only six years old the last time I saw my mom. | 最后一次看见我妈妈的时候我才六岁 |
[17:13] | Look, I know what it feels like to try to remember someone. | 我知道试着回忆起某人是什么感觉 |
[17:18] | My father left us when I was about five. | 我父亲在我五岁的时候离开了我们 |
[17:23] | All my memories of him… | 关于他的所有记忆 |
[17:26] | Well, I don’t know if they’re real. | 我不知道那是真是假 |
[17:28] | Or from pictures… | 或许是从照片 |
[17:30] | Or from what my mom told me. | 或者从妈妈口中知道的 |
[17:34] | But anything you can remember… | 但是你能回忆起的一切 |
[17:36] | no matter how small the detail… | 不论多么微不足道 |
[17:41] | Well, it could help. | 都会有帮助 |
[17:47] | Are you trying to use the fact that I like you | 你想利用我喜欢你这一点 |
[17:49] | to try and get me to trust you? | 来让我相信你吗 |
[17:51] | A little bit, yes. | 有点 是的 |
[17:54] | We need to find your mother, Luisa. | 我们得找到你的母亲 路易莎 |
[17:56] | Is there anything you can remember? | 你能想起什么吗 |
[17:59] | Anything at all? | 什么都可以 |
[18:09] | I remember that she was beautiful | 我记得她很漂亮 |
[18:12] | And… I remember the story that she used to tell me | 我记得她以前告诉过我一个 |
[18:17] | about this lake with magic fish. | 湖里有魔幻鱼的故事 |
[18:20] | A lake? | 湖 |
[18:22] | There’s something in her file about a magical lake. | 她的文件中有提到魔法湖 |
[18:25] | “Bioluminescent organisms in the water create a glow under the surface”! | “水中的发光生物在水下发光” |
[18:30] | So the magic fish are real? | 所以魔幻鱼是真的 |
[18:32] | 欢迎来到隆伯恩泻湖 参观隆伯恩泻湖 发光生物是什么 泻湖社区照片集 | |
[18:33] | Longbourne lagoon. | 隆伯恩泻湖 |
[18:35] | See? A lead! | 看到了吗 一条线索 |
[18:37] | But then Elizabeth Bennet takes the lead, | 然而伊丽莎白·班纳特占了上风 |
[18:40] | outmaneuvering the powerful lady | 最后巧妙地战胜了 |
[18:41] | Catherine de Bourgh in the final pages, | 盛气凌人的凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人 |
[18:44] | and that is why Pride and Prejudice | 这就是为什么《傲慢与偏见》的精彩程度 |
[18:46] | is just like the George Mason-UCONN matchup | 堪比2006年全国篮球联赛里 |
[18:48] | in the 2006 NCAA tournament– boom! | 乔治·梅森大学与康涅狄格大学的对决 |
[18:52] | Yeah! Oh, oh, okay! | 好了 |
[18:53] | This was a good class today, guys! | 同学们 今天的课上的很不错 |
[18:54] | Don’t forget to turn in your paper on your way out! | 别忘了离开前上交你们的论文 |
[19:00] | Matt… Matt? | 马特 马特 |
[19:03] | Mcbaskets? | “灌篮高手” |
[19:06] | Your paper? | 你的论文呢 |
[19:07] | Yeah. I didn’t do it. | 我还没写 |
[19:09] | Big game Saturday. | 这周六有比赛 |
[19:11] | Any chance you’d cut me some slack this time? | 可不可以放我一马呢 |
[19:15] | I’ll give you a one-day extension. | 我再给你延长一天期限 |
[19:16] | But you have to have it in my in-box at the end of the day tomorrow. | 但是你明晚十二点前要把论文发到我邮箱 |
[19:22] | You’re killing me, prof. | 教授 我太爱你了 |
[19:24] | My father is dying. | 我父亲快死了 |
[19:26] | What-what do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[19:27] | I mean, think about it. | 你们想想看 |
[19:29] | He was too ill to travel. | 他病的无法旅行 |
[19:31] | And I can’t even bring him up to my mother | 我只要一跟妈妈谈起我爸 |
[19:33] | without her changing the subject. | 她就要转移话题 |
[19:35] | Clearly, he is dying. | 显然 他快要死了 |
[19:37] | – Who is dying? – His dad. | -谁要死了 -他的父亲 |
[19:40] | He thinks. | 他觉得 |
[19:41] | I’m not ready to lose him. | 我没做好失去他的准备 |
[19:43] | But I must stay strong. | 但我一定会坚强的 |
[19:44] | I have to help my father | 我必须帮助我父亲 |
[19:45] | achieve everything on his bucket list. | 完成遗愿清单上的每一项 |
[19:48] | I have to make sure he gets to see Bette Midler in concert | 我要让他亲眼见到贝特·米德勒 |
[19:51] | and Wicked on broadway. | 还要看一次百老汇的《邪恶女巫》 |
[19:54] | He always wanted to vacation in Mykonos. | 他一直想去米克诺斯岛度假 |
[19:57] | A place in Provincetown might not be feasible, | 按我目前的预算 可能买不起 |
[20:00] | given my current budget, but… | 普罗温斯敦的一块地 但是 |
[20:02] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[20:05] | Manuel is not dying. | 曼纽尔不会死 |
[20:07] | He is gay. | 他是同性恋 |
[20:08] | And he’s leaving Glamma for a man, | 他为了一个男人而离开奶奶 |
[20:10] | and that’s why she’s been acting so weird. | 这就是为什么她举止这么怪异 |
[20:12] | Gay? | 同性恋 |
[20:13] | Wait… | 等等 |
[20:15] | But… but that’s impossible. | 但是 但是这不可能啊 |
[20:18] | Surely there would have been some sign. | 要是真的话一定会有什么迹象的 |
[20:27] | It is true. | 是真的 |
[20:30] | And he’s leaving my mother. | 他真的离开我母亲了 |
[20:31] | And why did she tell you all, and not me? | 为什么她只告诉了你们却没告诉我 |
[20:34] | Well, she didn’t tell all of us, just me. | 事实上 她只告诉了我 |
[20:36] | And, for some reason, | 并且出于某种原因 |
[20:37] | she didn’t think that you could handle it. | 她觉得你无法面对这样的事实 |
[20:39] | What?! | 什么 |
[20:39] | Everybody knows how gay-friendly I am– please. | 拜托 每个人都知道我对同性恋很友好 |
[20:41] | I was on the cover of Out magazine. | 我曾是同志杂志的封面人物 |
[20:43] | In an issue that also featured my very suggestive | 那一期里还有我和尼尔·帕特里克·哈里斯 |
[20:46] | editorial spread with Neil Patrick Harris! | 极具暗示性的整版文章 |
[20:50] | I must convince her of this. | 我一定要说服她 |
[20:52] | Methinks a plan is afoot. | 一个计划正在酝酿当中 |
[20:55] | But first, this plan. | 但是首先 这个计划 |
[20:58] | Okay… Good night, Mateo. | 好吧 晚安 马特奥 |
[21:03] | Remember, peppy, Jane. | 简 记住 保持精力充沛 |
[21:04] | Show him no fear. | 别害怕 |
[21:06] | You’re gonna do a great job falling asleep. | 你即将完成“睡觉觉”这项伟业 |
[21:09] | Hello, everybody, | 大家好 |
[21:10] | And welcome to the Sleeper Bowl! | 欢迎来到睡虫碗的现场 |
[21:11] | It is the biggest night of the sleep training season. | 今晚是整个睡眠训练季的巅峰之夜 |
[21:14] | Tonight, the Villanueva team’s strategy | 今晚 维兰纽瓦队的策略是 |
[21:17] | is a modified cry it out. | 让宝宝尽情哭个够 |
[21:18] | The question is, Lee, do you think they can make it work? | 问题在于 李 你觉得他们会成功吗 |
[21:21] | Well, they’ll have to. | 他们不得不这么做 |
[21:22] | And this first play is crucial. | 第一招相当关键 |
[21:24] | Jane needs to stay out of Mateo’s room for five minutes. | 简需要离开马特奥的房间五分钟 |
[21:28] | Luckily, she has a strong defense… | 幸运的是 她有一名强大的后防队友 |
[21:33] | …and a deep bench to support her. | 身后还有一名强大的替补队员 |
[21:42] | You need a distraction. | 你需要转移一下注意力 |
[21:44] | Let’s look up Michael’s girlfriend. | 我们来看看迈克尔的新女友 |
[21:47] | – Is that her? – I think it’s her. | -就是她吗 -我觉得是 |
[21:49] | You think or you know? | 你觉得还是你知道了 |
[21:50] | No, I know. | 我知道 就是她 |
[21:53] | He’s okay, he’s okay. | 放心 马特奥很好 |
[21:55] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[22:00] | What? Oh, my god, let me see… | 什么 我的天哪 让我看看 |
[22:01] | Villanueva’s been staying on the sidelines, | 维兰纽瓦始终待在场外 |
[22:03] | letting Mateo run his own play. | 任凭马特奥肆意进攻 |
[22:05] | But he’s struggling. | 但他仍在挣扎 |
[22:06] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[22:10] | And in the final moments, there she is, stepping in! | 在最后时刻 她出现了 踏进了房间 |
[22:15] | Man, and that will do it for Villanueva. | 维兰纽瓦队结束了 |
[22:18] | Tough loss for this team. | 巨大的损失 |
[22:19] | Back to square one, Lee. | 李 我们又回到原地了 |
[22:21] | Jane. | 简 |
[22:23] | He wasn’t, he hit his head. | 他不好 他撞到头了 |
[22:28] | What? | 什么 |
[22:31] | Oh, no, no, no, not mommy’s compu… | 不 不 不要在妈妈的电脑 |
[22:36] | No! That’s gotta hurt! | 天哪 这下糟了 |
[22:39] | Oh, god. | 我的天哪 |
[22:39] | All right, that’s for the Blooper Reel, Lee. | 好了 李 这段可以剪下来当花絮 |
[22:41] | Let’s see it again, but in slow motion. | 让我们慢镜头再看一次 |
[22:49] | Put a fork in her. | 她是彻底输了 |
[22:50] | Carry her off the court. | 把她扶下场吧 |
[22:51] | Jane Villanueva is done. | 简·维兰纽瓦完蛋了 |
[23:02] | – You didn’t save me any? – Sorry. | -你没给我留点吗 -抱歉 |
[23:05] | Sorry. I’m trying to get it together to teach. | 抱歉 我要集中精力在教学上 |
[23:09] | 咖啡饮用量 3杯 睡眠时长 3.5小时 | |
[23:17] | Stop obsessing. | 别再烦心了 |
[23:18] | You canceled it in time. | 你已经及时地撤回了请求 |
[23:19] | Unless she gets notifications on her phone. | 除非她收到手机上的提示 |
[23:21] | In which case she’ll see my name, know I’m his ex, | 那样她就会看到我的名字 知道我是他前任 |
[23:24] | and think I’m a creepy stalker. | 她会觉得我是个变态跟踪狂 |
[23:25] | Maybe she’s not his girlfriend. | 或许她不是迈克尔的女朋友 |
[23:26] | Maybe they’re just friends. | 或许他们只是普通朋友 |
[23:28] | Who cares? If she’s his friend, | 谁在乎呢 如果她是他的朋友 |
[23:30] | She’ll warn her friend Michael | 她就会告诉迈克尔 |
[23:31] | that his ex is a creepy stalker. | 他的前女友是个变态跟踪狂 |
[23:33] | Either way, Jane Villanueva equals creepy stalker. | 不管怎样 简·维兰纽瓦都成了变态跟踪狂 |
[23:39] | Abuela… | 外婆 |
[23:41] | You don’t think I know that? | 你觉得我不知道吗 |
[23:43] | I was actually thinking | 我刚才在想 |
[23:44] | that he’d sleep with me a while. | 他应该和我睡一段时间 |
[23:46] | Yeah, just until he gets over this sleep regression. | 是的 直到他熬过睡眠退化期 |
[23:50] | Look, I tried a little crying, | 听着 我试过让他哭个够 |
[23:51] | because you said to, but I can’t do it. | 因为你告诉我这样做 但我做不到 |
[23:53] | Because it’s so selfish! | 因为这样做太自私了 |
[23:56] | It’s for me. | 这一切都是为了我 |
[23:57] | It’s so I’m well-rested | 因为我睡眠充足 |
[23:58] | and so I can go to school and teach, | 所以我能回学校教书 |
[24:00] | which is also for me. | 这也是为了我自己 |
[24:02] | Don’t you think I should do something for him? | 你们不觉得我该为他做些什么吗 |
[24:04] | Hon, stop. | 亲爱的 别这样 |
[24:06] | You do so much. | 你已经做了很多了 |
[24:08] | I just feel like I’ve been choosing myself a lot. | 我就是觉得我总在为自己考虑 |
[24:13] | And I feel guilty. | 我觉得很内疚 |
[24:27] | What? | 什么 |
[24:32] | I am plenty tough. | 我很坚强 |
[24:34] | I am! | 很坚强 |
[24:37] | Oh, look. Look at this. | 看 看看这个 |
[24:38] | Mcbaskets made his deadline. | 灌篮高手按时交作业了 |
[24:40] | It’s probably because I’ve been so firm with him. | 这很可能是因为我对他很严格 |
[24:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[24:45] | Let’s have a quick look, shall we? | 让我们快速看一下 如何 |
[24:51] | Your paper is plagiarized. | 你的论文是剽窃别人的 |
[24:53] | What? | 什么 |
[24:54] | Oh, I-I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:56] | You didn’t know you plagiarized your paper? | 你不知道你的论文抄袭了吗 |
[24:59] | From a famous paper, by the way. | 而且还是抄的一篇著名论文的内容 |
[25:01] | In fact, when I was in college, | 事实上 我在上学时 |
[25:03] | I wrote a paper about this very paper. | 我还写过一篇论文讨论这篇论文 |
[25:06] | Well, I was, like, inspired by it. | 我是受它的启发 |
[25:08] | Inspired to copy it? | 启发你抄一遍吗 |
[25:10] | Okay, fine. | 好 好吧 |
[25:12] | You win. I’ll… I’ll take a do-over. | 你赢了 我会…我会再写一篇 |
[25:14] | It should be noted | 值得一提的是 |
[25:15] | that on another, more well-rested day, | 要是换一个她休息好的日子 |
[25:17] | Jane might have been inclined to grant his request. | 简还有可能会同意他的请求 |
[25:19] | No. You’ll take an “F.” | 不 你不及格 |
[25:21] | But alas, this was not that day. | 但可惜 今天不是那种日子 |
[25:23] | Hey, no way. If you fail me, I won’t be able to play. | 不行 你挂了我我就不能打球了 |
[25:26] | Well, you should have thought about that before. | 你应该之前就想好这事 |
[25:28] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[25:30] | Yup. | 对 |
[25:34] | I remember her. | 我记得她 |
[25:35] | Lived in an old house by the river. | 住在河边的一栋老房子里 |
[25:37] | Kept to herself. | 不和人打交道 |
[25:39] | – You’re sure it’s her? – Yup. | -你确定是她吗 -对 |
[25:41] | Not too many people around here. | 这附近本来也没什么人 |
[25:43] | When did you see her last? | 你最后一次见她是什么时候 |
[25:49] | They’re offering me a plea. | 他们提供了一份认罪协议 |
[25:51] | 18 months. | 十八个月 |
[25:53] | I’ll be out in 14. | 十四个月就能出狱 |
[25:54] | But there is | 但是 |
[25:55] | a 24-hour clock on this offer. | 我只有24小时考虑 |
[25:57] | So maybe… maybe I should… | 所以或许…或许我该… |
[26:00] | Should just plead guilty to something you didn’t do? | 该什么 承认你根本没犯的罪吗 |
[26:02] | – No, absolutely not. – What’s my alternative? | -不 当然不 -我还有什么选择呢 |
[26:04] | Go to trial? | 上庭吗 |
[26:05] | Risk a long sentence? | 我可能会被判更久 |
[26:06] | I’ll find you a new attorney, a better attorney. | 我会新给你找个律师 找个更好的 |
[26:09] | – She’s the best. – Not if she’s asking you to plead. | -她是最好的 -她都叫你认罪了还好吗 |
[26:11] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[26:13] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:14] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[26:17] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[26:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:22] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:23] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[26:27] | Just a little dizzy. | 就是有点头晕 |
[26:29] | When was the last time you ate? | 你上一顿什么时候吃的 |
[26:31] | Yeah, see, if you have to think about it, | 好 如果你还要想的话 |
[26:33] | it’s been too long. | 就说明你太久没吃东西了 |
[26:34] | What do you want? | 你想吃什么 |
[26:35] | – For my last meal? – No. For dinner. | -我的最后一餐吗 -不 晚餐 |
[26:38] | Ah, yes… Dinner. | 晚餐 |
[26:41] | And Luca and I met | 我在玛贝拉酒店 |
[26:42] | while I was working at the Marbella. | 工作时认识的卢卡 |
[26:44] | – It’s nice to meet you. – You, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[26:46] | I happen to be a huge fan of Luca… and Byron’s. | 而我恰巧很喜欢卢卡和拜伦 |
[26:50] | – Nice to meet you, Liliana. – Thank you. | -很高兴见到你 莉莉安娜 -谢谢 |
[26:55] | I needed some spiritual guidance after I broke up | 我和伴侣在一起二十五年后分手了 |
[26:58] | with my partner of 25 years. | 我需要一些精神指引 |
[27:00] | Here’s some spiritual guidance. | 我给你一些精神指引 |
[27:02] | Enjoy being single. | 享受单身生活 |
[27:03] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[27:04] | There’s something queer about this dinner. | 这顿晚饭有点基情啊 |
[27:06] | Oh, good, Ricky Martin might stop by for dessert. | 好棒 瑞奇·马丁可能要过来吃个甜点 |
[27:10] | Ah, I see. | 我明白了 |
[27:12] | A big gay dinner to show Liliana | 这桌晚餐是为了让莉莉安娜 |
[27:14] | how gay-friendly he is. | 明白他支持同性恋 |
[27:15] | So, should we eat? | 我们可以开始吃了吗 |
[27:18] | Allow me, please, Alba. | 请让我来 阿尔芭 |
[27:21] | Dear heavenly father, | 亲爱的天父 |
[27:23] | thank you for making the world | 感谢你让世界 |
[27:24] | such a beautifully diverse place, | 如此美丽多姿 |
[27:26] | filled with all kinds of people | 充满了各种人 |
[27:28] | who love whoever they want. | 能自由选择其所爱 |
[27:30] | Like men who love women, | 就像男人爱女人 |
[27:31] | women who love women, | 女人爱女人 |
[27:33] | men who love men… | 男人爱男人 |
[27:36] | Oh, no… You told him? | 不…你告诉他了吗 |
[27:39] | Way to be subtle. | 你最好含蓄一点 |
[27:40] | – I don’t want to be subtle. – I’m sorry, Glamma. | -我不想含蓄 -对不起 奶奶 |
[27:42] | No, don’t-don’t be mad at Jane. | 不 别对简发火 |
[27:44] | I thought my dad was sick. | 我以为我爸是病了 |
[27:46] | Why didn’t you tell me, mother? | 你当时怎么不告诉我 妈 |
[27:47] | I-I couldn’t. | 我不能 |
[27:48] | But… No, I don’t understand. | 但…不 我不理解 |
[27:49] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[27:50] | Because! | 因为 |
[27:55] | Because he promised not to tell anyone | 因为他答应在我告诉你之前 |
[27:58] | until I broke the news to you. | 不会告诉任何人这事 |
[28:00] | And so now, telling you means | 所以 告诉你就意味着 |
[28:02] | that he tells everyone, | 他要告诉所有人 |
[28:04] | he moves out, | 他会搬出去 |
[28:06] | it actually happens, | 这一切都成为现实了 |
[28:08] | and my husband of 47 years | 我结婚四十七年的丈夫 |
[28:11] | is leaving me. | 要离开我 |
[28:13] | Mother… | 妈妈… |
[28:15] | I need some air. | 我需要呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:33] | 47 years. | 四十七年 |
[28:37] | All a lie. | 只是个谎言 |
[28:39] | I’m sure that’s not true. | 我肯定你们还是有真感情的 |
[28:42] | I feel like a fool. | 我感觉我就是个傻瓜 |
[28:43] | No. | 不 |
[28:44] | No, you’re not, mom. | 不 你不是 妈 |
[28:46] | You didn’t know. | 你也不知道啊 |
[28:47] | I mean, none of us did. | 我们都不知道 |
[28:50] | I just wish you told me, | 我只是希望你能告诉我 |
[28:51] | instead of making me stage | 我就不用随便找几个人 |
[28:52] | a ridiculous dinner with a random… | 弄这么一个荒唐的晚餐了 |
[28:56] | Hey, guys. | 哥们 |
[28:58] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你们能来 |
[28:59] | Real honor. | 我很荣幸 |
[29:05] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[29:07] | Oh, I’m terrified. | 我很害怕 |
[29:09] | I moved in with your father | 我从父母家里搬出来 |
[29:11] | right out of my parents’ house. | 就和你父亲同居了 |
[29:18] | I have never been alone. | 我从来没一个人过 |
[29:21] | You’re not alone, mom. | 你不是一个人 妈 |
[29:24] | You’re not. | 你不是 |
[29:26] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[29:29] | There’s nothing like the bond | 没有什么比母子间的 |
[29:30] | between mother and child. | 维系更加紧密了 |
[29:35] | You promise? | 你们保证吗 |
[29:36] | Right? | 是吧 |
[29:41] | However, sometimes that bond goes horribly wrong. | 然而 有时候这种维系却完全不对 |
[29:44] | Lucky that the one thing I know how to make | 庆幸的是 我唯一会做的东西 |
[29:47] | is the one thing you’re really craving. | 恰好是你最想吃的 |
[29:53] | Your mother? | 你妈妈 |
[29:54] | She calls every day now. | 她现在每天都打来 |
[29:55] | I haven’t called her back. | 我没回过电话 |
[29:56] | I thought you were ready to hear the whole story. | 我还以为你准备好了听她解释 |
[29:58] | Why she took $10 million to walk away from me? | 解释她为什么拿了一千万美元离开我吗 |
[30:02] | You know, the more that I think about it, | 我越是琢磨就越是想不明白 |
[30:03] | what could she possibly say? | 她到底要怎么解释 |
[30:05] | Well, you don’t know. Right? | 你也不知道啊 |
[30:08] | Look, at a certain point, | 有时候 |
[30:11] | under certain pressures… | 在特殊情况下 |
[30:15] | I might have taken money like that. | 我可能也会那样拿钱走人 |
[30:18] | And I’m not a bad person. | 但我不是个坏人 |
[30:21] | Right? | 对吗 |
[30:22] | No. You’re not. | 对 你不是 |
[30:24] | Besides, she can’t possibly be as bad as my mom. | 再说了 她无论如何也坏不过我妈 |
[30:27] | You have a point there. | 这话说对了 |
[30:34] | I’m sorry, do you have to do that? | 不好意思 别这样行吗 |
[30:36] | You’re kind of holding the murder weapon. | 你就像拿着那把凶器一样 |
[30:38] | Not really. New ones. | 不一样 这是批新刀具 |
[30:39] | These have an “M”. | 全都有”M”标记 |
[30:40] | No, it had an “M”. | 不 凶器那把就有”M” |
[30:42] | I saw the picture. | 我看过照片了 |
[30:44] | Wait. | 等等 |
[30:44] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[30:46] | Petra, this is new cutlery. | 佩特拉 这是新刀具 |
[30:48] | It came in just before the christmas party. | 圣诞晚会前刚到货的 |
[30:51] | After Ivan was killed? | 伊凡被杀之后的事吗 |
[30:52] | Yes. Definitely. | 没错 千真万确 |
[30:54] | definitely? | 千真万确 |
[31:02] | Hello? | 你好 |
[31:03] | Jane, hi. | 简 你好 |
[31:03] | I’m sorry to bother you at night. | 不好意思这么晚打扰你 |
[31:05] | No, no, no, that’s okay, what’s going on? | 不不不 没关系 怎么了 |
[31:07] | I was calling about a student in your class, Mr. Mcneil. | 我打电话是因为你班上一个叫麦克尼尔的学生 |
[31:10] | I’m hearing he plagiarized. | 我听说他抄袭了论文 |
[31:11] | Oh, uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[31:13] | Was I supposed to report that? | 我是不是该主动上报 |
[31:14] | No, no, not at all. Here’s the thing. | 不不 不是的 事情是这样的 |
[31:16] | I was wondering if there’s any way he can have a second chance. | 我在想你能不能再给他次机会 |
[31:22] | Uh… that was his second chance. | 那已经是他的第二次机会了 |
[31:25] | I gave him an extension and then he plagiarized. | 我给他延长了限期 结果他抄袭了 |
[31:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:28] | I agree. | 你做得对 |
[31:29] | But… this is a complicated situation. | 但是 现在情况有点复杂 |
[31:33] | There’s the reality of university politics to consider. | 我们要考虑到现行学校政策 |
[31:36] | Excuse me? | 我不太懂 |
[31:37] | Donors like to win basketball games. | 学校捐赠者们想赢篮球赛 |
[31:40] | Oh, my god! | 上帝啊 |
[31:42] | This perfectly encapsulates what’s wrong | 高等教育的陋习由此可见一斑 |
[31:43] | with higher education– privileging athletics | 体育特长生和校友捐款人 |
[31:45] | and alumni contributions over academic rigor! | 完全凌驾于学术严谨之上 |
[31:48] | Look, I hate this. | 我讨厌这种事 |
[31:48] | And I’m not asking you to give mcbaskets– | 我并不是在要求你让麦克球员 |
[31:51] | Mr. Mcneil– a free pass. | 让麦克尼尔同学免试通过 |
[31:54] | Just one more shot. | 只是再给他次机会 |
[31:56] | So to speak. | 就是说 |
[31:57] | Inspire him to do the paper. | 鼓励他完成论文 |
[31:59] | Yeah, okay, I’ll try. | 好吧 我试试 |
[32:03] | He basically wants me to give the basketball player a free pass. | 他就差明说让我给篮球队员免试通过了 |
[32:06] | – Seriously? – Seriously. | -真的 -是的 |
[32:13] | Oh, my god. | 我的上帝 |
[32:16] | Oh, my god! | 我的上帝啊 |
[32:22] | And it looks like the villanuevas | 看来维兰纽瓦队 |
[32:24] | have pulled the upset of the year! | 终于苦尽甘来了 |
[32:26] | This one is going down in the record books. | 这一幕将要载入史册了 |
[32:37] | Uh, Matt? | 麦特 |
[32:38] | Hey, you talk to professor Blake? | 你和布莱克教授谈过了吗 |
[32:39] | – I did. – Cool. | -是的 -很好 |
[32:40] | Oh, a-and if you want that “F” removed | 如果你想去掉那个挂科标记 |
[32:42] | so you can play tomorrow, | 明天还能打球的话 |
[32:43] | you’re gonna have write a new paper… today. | 你必须重新写你的论文 今天就要 |
[32:45] | Didn’t professor Blake tell you to give me a break? | 布莱克教授没告诉你放我一马吗 |
[32:48] | No, he suggested I give you a break. Yeah. | 没有 他建议我放你一马 |
[32:51] | You know, for an English teacher, | 你作为英语老师 |
[32:52] | I don’t really think you understand nuance. | 我觉得你不是很理解潜台词 |
[32:54] | I’m not doing you any favors by giving you a free pass. | 我让你免试通过对你并没好处 |
[32:56] | Actually, you would be doing me a huge favor by… | 这对我太有好处了 如果你 |
[32:59] | Not in the long run. | 长远来看并没好处 |
[33:00] | Come on, no speeches, okay? | 得了吧 别再说教了 |
[33:02] | I’m not a writer. I’m never gonna be. | 我不是作家 将来也肯定不是 |
[33:04] | I’m not saying you have to be a writer. | 我不是说你一定要成为作家 |
[33:06] | But you do have skills that would improve | 但你可以通过一点点努力 |
[33:08] | with a little hard work. | 提高自己的写作能力 |
[33:10] | I mean, why won’t you even try? | 为什么不试一下呢 |
[33:11] | Because who wants to spend time | 因为没人愿意 |
[33:12] | doing something they aren’t good at? | 在自己不擅长的事情上浪费时间 |
[33:14] | I don’t see you out there on the court playing basketball. | 我也没见你在球场上打篮球啊 |
[33:18] | Try me. | 我打给你看 |
[33:20] | You serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[33:21] | I make a basket, | 我投进一个球 |
[33:22] | you have to sit down and write the paper. | 你就坐下来写论文 |
[33:25] | For real? | 当真 |
[33:26] | No, not for real. | 不 当然不是 |
[33:28] | Yes, let’s do it. | 是的 就这么办 |
[33:30] | Let’s do it. | 就这么办 |
[33:43] | One basket, you write the paper. | 我投进一球 你就写论文 |
[33:45] | One basket, I’ll write you that paper. | 你投进一球 我就给你写论文 |
[33:59] | traveling. | 走步了 |
[34:00] | Double dribble. | 两次运球了 |
[34:01] | That’s reaching in. | 这次是打手犯规 |
[34:02] | It wasn’t that much of a foul! | 哪来的那么多种犯规 |
[34:08] | Take it back! | 夺回 |
[34:10] | Come on, teach! | 上啊 老师 |
[34:14] | Lucky shot. | 侥幸进的 |
[34:19] | Just like that! | 漂亮 |
[34:27] | You all right? | 你还行吧 |
[34:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:30] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[34:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:33] | Let’s do it again. | 再接着来 |
[34:35] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[34:36] | Man, I have never seen anyone as bad at basketball as you are. | 我还没见过谁篮球打这么烂 |
[34:40] | But good effort. | 但是你够努力 |
[34:41] | I’m gonna write you that paper. | 我会写那篇论文给你的 |
[35:00] | Dude, no way is my paper gonna suck | 哥们 我论文写得再烂 |
[35:02] | as much as you do at basketball. | 也不会比你打篮球烂 |
[35:03] | Let’s hope not. | 但愿如此 |
[35:04] | At last, a victory. | 最后终于大获全胜 |
[35:07] | Which Petra could use right about now. | 佩特拉或许也能如此 |
[35:09] | You did the right thing, taking the plea. | 你这样做是对的 接受协议 |
[35:11] | You’ll get out in a year, tops. | 你一年就能放出来 最多一年 |
[35:14] | Well, actually it’s a different plea, | 其实我接受的 |
[35:16] | the one that I took. | 是另一项协议 |
[35:17] | One that involves no time. | 我根本不用坐牢 |
[35:18] | Because I turned you in. | 我告发了你 |
[35:21] | The murder weapon arrived at the hotel after Ivan was killed. | 那把凶器是在伊凡被杀后才进货到酒店的 |
[35:24] | Which means you falsified evidence. | 也就是说你伪造了证据 |
[35:28] | I’m hoping murder charges will follow. | 我希望稍后会对你提出谋杀指控 |
[35:29] | Magda andel, you have the right to remain silent. | 亲爱的玛格达 你有权保持沉默 |
[35:32] | Anything you say can be used… | 但你说的每句话都将用作… |
[35:36] | Wrong choice. | 你做错了 |
[35:37] | It should be noted that these words | 值得一提的是 这句话 |
[35:39] | will come back to haunt Petra. | 后来一直困扰着佩特拉 |
[35:42] | But you don’t know that yet. | 可现在你还不知道 |
[35:44] | Pretend you don’t know that. | 先装作不知道吧 |
[35:46] | It’s over. | 没事了 |
[35:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:52] | No. | 不抱了 |
[35:54] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[35:59] | I feel like I’m waking up from a bad dream. | 感觉像是从噩梦中醒来一样 |
[36:03] | And speaking of dreams… | 说到梦… |
[36:10] | – Thanks for the tree top… – Why did you send a friend | -谢谢你把装饰品给… -你为什么 |
[36:11] | request to my girlfriend? | 加我女朋友好友 |
[36:13] | Your girlfriend? | 你女朋友吗 |
[36:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:18] | Oh, Michael, I-I’m so sorry. | 迈克尔 我很抱歉 |
[36:20] | My mom saw you at the cubano truck, | 我妈在古巴三明治餐车那儿看到你 |
[36:21] | and I was trying to distract myself | 而我当时想在睡眠训练中 |
[36:23] | during sleep training, | 分散注意力 |
[36:24] | and Mateo’s Little foot hit the keyboard. | 马特奥的小脚丫刚好碰到键盘 |
[36:25] | I canceled the request. | 我把请求取消了 |
[36:27] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[36:29] | It’s just that when we saw each other… | 我们上次见面的时候… |
[36:31] | Yeah, you didn’t want to keep in touch. | 是啊 你想要保持距离 |
[36:34] | But then you left the tree topper. | 可你把那个装饰品留下了 |
[36:36] | Because it meant a lot to you and your family. | 那是因为那对你家很重要 |
[36:38] | That’s why I didn’t knock. | 所以我没敲门 |
[36:39] | You know, it wasn’t about us. | 这与我们的关系无关 |
[36:43] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[36:44] | Coincidentally, a line from Pride and Prejudice | 鬼使神差地 《傲慢与偏见》中的一句话 |
[36:47] | comes to mind here. | 浮现在心头 |
[36:58] | That makes sense. | 难怪啊 |
[36:59] | Look, I’m-I’m finally, you know, happy again. | 是这样的 我终于再次幸福了 |
[37:04] | And I want you to be happy, too. | 希望你也能幸福 |
[37:05] | I want you to be… happy. | 我希望你能…幸福 |
[37:08] | Again, tough love. | 又是这样 艰难的爱 |
[37:10] | Yeah, thanks. | 好吧 谢啦 |
[37:14] | Which was, | 正好 |
[37:15] | it turned out, exactly what she needed… | 这也证明 她需要去… |
[37:19] | …to move on. | 翻开新的篇章了 |
[37:26] | And that night she slept like a baby. | 那一夜 她睡得像个婴儿 |
[37:31] | A fully sleep-trained one, | 像个完成睡眠训练的婴儿 |
[37:34] | which, happily, Mateo was! | 马特奥就是这样 |
[37:39] | I’m proud of you, too, Mateo. | 我也为你骄傲 马特奥 |
[37:41] | Of course, Rogelio didn’t need sleep training. | 当然啦 罗格里奥不需要任何睡眠训练 |
[37:43] | When he came out, he knew how to sleep. | 他呱呱落地时 就知道怎么睡了 |
[37:45] | He knew how to suckle. | 他知道怎么吸奶 |
[37:47] | Okay, I got the paper. | 好了 我收到论文了 |
[37:48] | Mcbaskets actually put some real work into it. | 灌篮高手真的认真写了 |
[37:51] | I mean, it’s like a solid C-Minus. | 妥妥能拿个”C-“ |
[37:54] | I’ll get it. | 我来开 |
[37:59] | Jane? | 简 |
[38:01] | Grandpa? | 爷爷 |
[38:03] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[38:43] | Mom? | 老妈 |
[38:45] | Is that true? | 这是真的吗 |
[38:46] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[38:47] | The marriage plot thickens. | 这段婚姻的迷雾又重了一分 |
[38:49] | The story, right. | 其中的缘由啊 是这样的 |
[38:51] | When I met your father, I was 24. | 刚认识你爸时 我才二十四岁 |
[38:55] | I was new to the country. | 我刚来到这个国家 |
[38:56] | I worked in his hotel. | 在他的酒店上班 |
[38:58] | I’d heard rumors about his wife Mia. | 我有听说过关于他妻子米娅的传闻 |
[39:00] | How she was mentally unstable. | 她精神状态不太稳定 |
[39:04] | And after her death… | 在她死后… |
[39:05] | Supposed death. | 先假设她死了吧 |
[39:07] | …Your father was devastated. | 你爸爸伤心欲绝 |
[39:09] | Somehow, he… fixated on me. | 不知为何 他…看上我了 |
[39:12] | I was flattered, overwhelmed. | 我有点受宠若惊 非常紧张 |
[39:15] | I got married. | 然后就是结婚 |
[39:16] | I got pregnant. | 怀孕 |
[39:18] | All in the first year in this country. | 这都发生在我来这个国家的第一年 |
[39:22] | But he was… controlling. | 但他控制欲…很强 |
[39:25] | And away all the time. | 又一直不在家 |
[39:26] | So, yes, I… | 所以 我… |
[39:29] | Turned to someone else. | 和别人好上了 |
[39:32] | And when he found out, | 他发现了以后 |
[39:35] | he threatened to destroy me. | 就威胁要毁了我 |
[39:37] | I was afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[39:39] | I was young. | 我当时很年轻 |
[39:40] | Well, you could’ve fought harder. | 你应当再进行抗争 |
[39:43] | For me. | 为了我 |
[39:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:46] | I should have. | 我应该那么做的 |
[39:49] | But I’m here now. | 可我现在回你身边了 |
[39:52] | And I’m hoping it’s not too late. | 只希望现在还为时不晚 |
[39:54] | And for them, at least, it wasn’t. | 至少对他们而言 还不晚 |
[39:56] | So, you were right. | 你说得对 |
[39:59] | Your mother did love that lake. | 你妈妈确实喜欢那个湖 |
[40:02] | When she escaped, that’s where she went. | 她出逃之后 就是去的那里 |
[40:04] | Apparently, she had a quiet life. | 看来她在那里过得很平静祥和 |
[40:07] | She died about eight years ago. | 她在八年前去世了 |
[40:09] | Natural causes. | 自然死亡 |
[40:11] | Preliminary DNA tests on the body | 对尸体的初步DNA测试结果 |
[40:13] | confirm it. | 就是这样 |
[40:16] | Which means she couldn’t be Mutter | 这就意味着她不可能是穆特 |
[40:18] | because Mutter’s been active recently. | 因为穆特最近还在活跃 |
[40:21] | Well, at least there’s that. | 也只能是这样了 |
[40:35] | But wait. | 等等 |
[40:35] | I can’t. | 我不能这样 |
[40:37] | If Mia isn’t Mutter, then who is? | 如果米娅不是穆特 那谁是呢 |
[40:39] | 1983. | 1983年 |
[40:40] | That’s when Mia disappeared. | 米娅是那个时候失踪的 |
[40:41] | That’s also when Emilio’s company purchased Bar Lunara, | 意米利奥的公司也是在那一年买下露娜拉酒吧的 |
[40:44] | Which we know is Mutter’s money laundering site. | 而那里正是穆特的洗钱点 |
[40:46] | Yeah, but Mia’s dead. | 是啊 可米娅死了 |
[40:47] | She wasn’t the one hiding money there. | 她不是在那儿藏钱的那个人 |
[40:48] | Exactly, because someone else | 没错 因为还有一个人 |
[40:50] | had access to Emilio’s company. | 有意米利奥的公司的权限 |
[40:51] | Because something else happened in 1983. | 因为1983年还发生了另一件事 |
[40:54] | He remarried. | 他再婚了 |
[40:55] | It’s her! | 是她 |
[40:58] | Rafael? | 拉斐尔 |
[40:59] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[41:02] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[41:10] | Mutter’s signature was blue silk ties. | 穆特的标志就是蓝色的丝绳 |
[41:14] | No. | 不 |
[41:22] | Where is the flash drive? | U盘在哪儿 |
[41:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[41:26] | The flash drive you traded for Mateo. | 那个拿来交换马特奥的U盘 |
[41:28] | Who did you give it to? | 你给谁了 |
[41:30] | We gave it to Rose. | 我给萝丝了 |
[41:31] | No, she doesn’t have it– who does? | 她没拿 谁拿了 |
[41:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:35] | We gave it to her. | 我们给她了 |
[41:39] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[41:41] | What is happening? | 怎么回事 |