时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Okay, let’s do this, peeps. | 我们开始吧 |
[00:01] | After breakups and make-ups, Jane the virgin | 分手又复合之后 处女简 |
[00:04] | finally got engaged to Michael. | 终于和迈克尔订婚了 |
[00:06] | – Will you marry me? Marry me! – Yes! Yes! | -你愿意嫁给我吗 嫁给我 -我愿意 |
[00:08] | And her baby daddy Rafael, well, he said he’d try to accept it, | 而孩子他爸拉斐尔说他会尽量接受 |
[00:12] | maybe because he had other things on his mind. | 或许是因为他有其他事要操心 |
[00:14] | See, his ex-wife Petra just gave birth to twins. | 因为他的前妻佩特拉刚生了一对双胞胎 |
[00:17] | – Elsa and Anna. – Like in frozen? | -艾莎和安娜 -和《冰雪奇缘》里的一样 |
[00:19] | No one except for you would think of that. | 除了你 没人会想到那个电影的 |
[00:21] | Oh, and he recently learned | 他最近还知道了 |
[00:22] | his mother was a crime lord. | 他妈妈是个犯罪头目 |
[00:24] | I know, cray-cray, right? | 太疯狂了 对吧 |
[00:25] | Even crazier, he was working with Michael | 更疯狂的是他正和迈克尔联手 |
[00:28] | to find his long-lost brother. | 寻找他素未谋面的弟弟 |
[00:29] | Derek Ruvelle, son of Rafael’s mother | 德里克·吕埃勒是拉斐尔母亲 |
[00:31] | Elena Di Nola. | 埃琳娜·迪·诺拉的儿子 |
[00:32] | Our buddy Derek disappeared | 我们的德里克 |
[00:34] | the day after Mutter’s identity was discovered. | 在穆特的身份被发现的次日消失了 |
[00:36] | I know, straight out of a telenovela, right? | 狗血得像肥皂剧似的 |
[00:38] | Well, imagine this– Jane’s father, | 那你再看这个 简的父亲 |
[00:40] | international telenovela star Rogelio de la Vega | 国际电视明星罗格里奥·维嘉 |
[00:43] | was kidnapped by his biggest fan. | 被他的头号粉丝绑架了 |
[00:45] | And even worse, he’s in a fight with his family. | 更糟的是他正和家人吵架 |
[00:47] | I just think I need some space right now. | 我现在需要一点个人空间 |
[00:50] | So they aren’t even that worried! | 所以他们根本没担心 |
[00:51] | Such bad luck, right? | 真不走运 |
[00:53] | And speaking of, Alba | 说起不走运 阿尔芭 |
[00:55] | had been corresponding with her first lover, | 一直在和她的初恋联系 |
[00:57] | the notorious Pablo Alonso Segura. | 声名狼藉的巴勃罗·阿隆索·塞古拉 |
[00:59] | And Xo invited him for a visit. | 希尔请他来做客了 |
[01:05] | And I got to say I really hope that’s not true, don’t you? | 我真希望这话不是真的 你呢 |
[01:11] | Breaking news– | 突发新闻 |
[01:13] | Our Jane Gloriana Villanueva always had strong opinions. | 简·格洛瑞娜·维兰纽瓦向来观点犀利 |
[01:16] | I’m embarrassed to be from Florida. | 真为我生在佛罗里达感到羞耻 |
[01:18] | About politics. | 关于政治 |
[01:21] | Too revealing– change! | 太暴露了 换掉 |
[01:23] | Her mother’s wardrobe. | 还有她妈妈的着装 |
[01:24] | Jane, no! | 简 别 |
[01:30] | And her grandmother’s superstitions. | 还有她外婆的迷信 |
[01:32] | Stop, that’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[01:37] | And I don’t want to mistake correlation for causation, | 我不想把相关性与因果性混为一谈 |
[01:41] | But here we are today. | 但如今是这样 |
[01:43] | Six weeks away from our Jane marrying the man of her dreams. | 简还有六周就要嫁给她的梦中情人了 |
[01:50] | I’m working on it. I’m working on it. | 我这就确认 这就确认 |
[01:53] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我懂你在想什么 |
[01:54] | That we’ve been here before, right? | 我们经历过这些 |
[01:56] | But this time was different. | 但这次不一样 |
[01:58] | This time there were no reservations. | 这一次没有预定[保留] |
[02:00] | Did you make the reservations for the chair rentals? | 你椅子租好了吗 |
[02:02] | No, I’m finalizing the head count. | 还没 我正在确定人数 |
[02:04] | Michael’s brother’s a no, so that’s 25. | 迈克尔的哥哥不来 所以是二十五人 |
[02:06] | No, 26– both his parents are driving down. | 不对 二十六人 他的父母都来 |
[02:09] | Seriously? Aren’t they, like, archenemies or something? | 真的吗 他们不是不共戴天吗 |
[02:12] | Well, they’re not in a comic book, but yes, basically. | 他们又不是演漫画 但的确水火不容 |
[02:15] | They haven’t been in the same room | 自从迈克尔高中毕业 |
[02:16] | since Michael’s high school graduation. | 他们俩就没共处过了 |
[02:18] | – He’s freaking out. – Well, you never know. | -他快疯了 -人生无定数 |
[02:19] | I mean, engagements bring people together. | 婚约会让人们重聚 |
[02:22] | Michael’s parents, Alba and Pablo. | 迈克尔的父母 阿尔芭和巴勃罗 |
[02:27] | Ah, yes, Pablo Alonso Segura. | 对了 巴勃罗·阿隆索·塞古拉 |
[02:31] | The man, | 那个男人 |
[02:32] | the myth, the legend. | 神话 传奇 |
[02:35] | Abuela, you’re gonna have to, | 外婆 你不见也得见 |
[02:36] | because he’s traveling from Venezuela. | 因为他正从委内瑞拉赶过来 |
[02:42] | You’re being ridiculous. Now, back to the list. | 太荒唐了 回到人数清单 |
[02:44] | The only question mark is… Dad. | 唯一不确定的就是爸爸 |
[02:46] | He still hasn’t gotten back to you? | 他还没回复你吗 |
[02:48] | No. | 没有 |
[02:49] | I’m calling him again. | 我再给他打个电话 |
[02:53] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:53] | Hey, Paola. | 喂 宝拉 |
[02:55] | Just trying to get in touch with my dad. | 我想找我爸 |
[02:58] | I’m sorry, Jane. | 真抱歉 简 |
[02:59] | He just stepped into a meeting | 他刚去和一个 |
[03:00] | with a very important casting director. | 非常重要的选角导演开会去了 |
[03:04] | He’ll be tied up for a while. | 很晚才能结束[他会被绑上一会儿] |
[03:07] | Have him call me back. | 让他给我回电话吧 |
[03:08] | Tell him that it’s important. | 跟他说这事很重要 |
[03:10] | You know what? Tell him | 你还是直接告诉他 |
[03:12] | I’m marrying Michael. | 我要嫁给迈克尔了 |
[03:14] | You got it. I’ll give him that message. | 没问题 我会转达的 |
[03:19] | If you don’t call… | 要是你不回电话 |
[03:21] | She’ll know something’s wrong. | 她就会知道出事了 |
[03:23] | No! You can’t call! | 不 你不能回电话 |
[03:25] | Stop arguing with me! | 别跟我吵了 |
[03:27] | You’ll say good-bye to them tonight… | 你就在我们今晚的 |
[03:30] | when we livestream our murder-suicide. | 谋杀加自杀的直播上跟他们告别吧 |
[03:34] | Okay, if he doesn’t respond, | 要是他还不联系我 |
[03:35] | then there’s something definitely wrong. | 那肯定是出事了 |
[03:37] | Something is definitely wrong. | 已经出事了 |
[03:38] | God, this is frustrating! | 急得我肝颤 |
[03:40] | Thank you for taking Mateo. | 谢谢你们照顾马特奥 |
[03:42] | I should go– I don’t want to be late for my new advisor. | 我得走了 见新导师我可不想迟到 |
[03:46] | Stop. She’s gonna love you. | 行了 她会喜欢你的 |
[03:47] | I got to be frank– last thing I wanted is another advisee. | 我直说吧 我真是不想再收学生 |
[03:52] | 玛琳·唐纳森教授 作家 | |
[03:56] | 著有《性别政治和性别的政治》 是本回忆录 | |
[04:00] | I hear you. | 我知道 |
[04:01] | A-and I’m sorry to be adding to your schedule. | 很抱歉给你增加了工作量 |
[04:03] | Yeah, and apparently, | 是啊 而且显然 |
[04:04] | you wanted a new advisor because of some complications | 你想换新导师是因为你和旧导师之间 |
[04:07] | with your old one? | 有些纠纷 |
[04:09] | That’s one way to put it. | 这么说也可以 |
[04:14] | Well, life is complicated. | 生活很复杂 |
[04:16] | B-but it’s all material, right? | 但那都是素材 不是吗 |
[04:18] | That’s the cliché. | 那是老掉牙的观点 |
[04:19] | So, what do you write? | 你写什么 |
[04:21] | Well, uh, my genre is romance. | 我的题材是言情 |
[04:24] | Barf. | 恶心 |
[04:25] | Did she just say… | 她刚说的是… |
[04:26] | Ex-excuse me, what was that? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[04:29] | I said “Barf.” | 我说”恶心” |
[04:42] | So, you’re not a fan of romance. Good to know. | 这下我知道你不喜欢言情小说了 |
[04:45] | But I do hope you keep an open mind. | 但我希望你能兼容并包 |
[04:47] | – My mind is always open. – Well, I was… | -我一向包容 -我… |
[04:50] | Careful, Jane, | 谨慎点 简 |
[04:50] | you’re running out of English department faculty members. | 还能要你的文学部老师不多了 |
[04:52] | Just as long as it passes the Bechdel test, okay? | 只要你能通过贝克德尔测验 |
[04:54] | – Got it. Yes. – You’ve heard of it? | -好的 -你听说过 |
[04:56] | No. No, I haven’t. | 没有 没听说过 |
[04:57] | It’s a three-part question. | 是一个分三部分的问题 |
[04:59] | Does the work feature two female characters… | 你的作品是否描述了两个女性角色 |
[05:02] | With names… | 有名字的角色 |
[05:03] | Who talk about something other than a man? | 谈论的是除男人外的话题 |
[05:06] | Like, for instance, you, Jane, | 比如你 简 |
[05:08] | talking to me, Professor Donaldson, | 与我 唐纳森教授聊天 |
[05:10] | about the work– that passes the test. | 谈论你的作品 这就通过了测验 |
[05:13] | But you, Jane, talking to me, Marlene, | 但如果简和玛琳 |
[05:16] | about your former advisor, Jonathan Chavez– | 谈论你的前导师 乔纳森·切瓦兹 |
[05:20] | That doesn’t pass the test. | 就通不过测验 |
[05:23] | Oh, yeah, well… | 那我的… |
[05:24] | I mean, m-my work certainly passes the test. | 我的作品肯定能通过测验 |
[05:28] | to make sure her work passes the test. | 才能确保她的作品能通过测验 |
[05:30] | Great! Because otherwise… | 太好了 因为通不过的话 |
[05:33] | Barf. | 就是恶心 |
[05:38] | Just a little spit-up. | 只是吐了点奶 |
[05:39] | You’re okay, Anna. | 没关系 安娜 |
[05:43] | – Hey, Petra, can you…? – Sure. | -佩特拉 你能… -好 |
[05:46] | No, no, no, I meant can you just pick her up? | 不是 我是想让你把她抱过去 |
[05:49] | Oh, no, it’s fine. I needed water. | 没事 反正我要喝水 |
[05:52] | Hi. Elsa’s crying again. | 你好 艾莎又哭了 |
[05:53] | And, um, I needed water, room temperature. | 而且我要喝水 室温的 |
[05:55] | Again, that’s not what the button is for. | 再说一次 那个按钮的功能不是这个 |
[05:58] | But anyway, I have some good news. | 但是不管怎么说 我有好消息 |
[06:00] | Dr. Grove says you’re getting out today. | 格鲁夫医生说你今天就能出院了 |
[06:03] | What? | 什么 |
[06:04] | I-I thought I, um, | 我以为我 |
[06:05] | I needed to stay longer | 我需要待久点 |
[06:06] | because of my platelet problem. | 因为我血小板有点问题 |
[06:08] | Things look better. You’re good to go. | 已经好转了 你可以出院了 |
[06:10] | The babies, too? | 宝宝们也要吗 |
[06:11] | Yes. The babies, too. | 对 宝宝们也要 |
[06:14] | Petra… | 佩特拉 |
[06:16] | Don’t worry, we can do this. | 别担心 我们可以的 |
[06:18] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[06:19] | Michael, I promise. | 迈克尔 我保证 |
[06:21] | Oh, I don’t know. The last time my parents were together, | 我不确定 上次我父母在一起的时候 |
[06:24] | it was a disaster. | 简直就是灾难 |
[06:25] | There was fighting, finger-pointing, tears– | 又打又闹又哭的 |
[06:27] | mostly mine, but still… | 基本上是我在哭… |
[06:29] | Come on, they are not gonna do that in front of me. | 没事的 他们不会当着我的面那样做的 |
[06:32] | That’s because the only thing they can agree on | 因为他们唯一能够统一意见的 |
[06:34] | is how much they love you. | 就是他们都很爱你 |
[06:36] | Which is why you can’t leave the room. | 所以你不能离开房间 |
[06:37] | – I won’t leave. – No, I’m serious. | -我不会的 -不 我是认真的 |
[06:39] | Not even to go to the bathroom. | 即使去卫生间也不行 |
[06:40] | Well, I might have to go to the bathroom. | 卫生间我可能还是要去的 |
[06:41] | Remember that astronaut that put the diaper on? | 记得那个穿纸尿裤的宇航员吗 |
[06:43] | – Stop it. – Where’s your commitment? | -不行 -你保证了的 |
[06:44] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我认真的 |
[06:49] | Hi, mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[06:50] | Hi, dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[06:53] | Oh, Jane. Hi. | 简 你好 |
[06:55] | I didn’t realize you’d be here. | 我没想到你会在这儿 |
[06:57] | W-well, I wanted to see you. | 我想见见你们 |
[07:00] | Come on in. | 快请进 |
[07:01] | Mike, we were hoping for a… | 迈克 我们希望 |
[07:04] | private moment alone. | 能单独待会儿 |
[07:06] | We have some important family business | 有一些重要的家庭事务 |
[07:08] | we want to discuss. | 我们得聊聊 |
[07:11] | Well, it’s just Jane. | 只是简而已 |
[07:12] | I’m just gonna tell her whatever you say anyway. | 反正不管你们说什么我都会告诉她的 |
[07:15] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:16] | We think you’re making a mistake. | 我们认为你在犯错 |
[07:18] | Don’t marry her. | 别和她结婚 |
[07:20] | Barf. | 恶心 |
[07:22] | You… you don’t want Michael to marry me? | 你们 你们不想让迈克尔娶我 |
[07:25] | You were heartbroken, Mikey. Don’t you remember? | 你当时心碎了 小迈 不记得了吗 |
[07:27] | When we found out the two of you were back together, | 我们知道你们复合之后 |
[07:29] | I called your father. We got to talking. | 我给你父亲打了电话 我们聊过了 |
[07:32] | At least Jane’s still bringing them together. | 至少简还是把他俩拉到了一起 |
[07:34] | We wanted to reach out, but then the next thing we knew, | 我们想联系你 但随后不久我们就发现 |
[07:36] | we were getting an Evite to an engagement party. | 我们收到了一份订婚派对的请柬 |
[07:38] | – That’s enough. That’s enough. – Michael… It’s okay. | -够了 够了 -迈克尔 没事的 |
[07:41] | You guys should talk. | 你们聊吧 |
[07:43] | I’ll see you later. | 晚点见 |
[07:48] | I am so sorry. You should not be leaving. | 对不起 你不该走 |
[07:50] | They should be leaving. I’ll kick them out. | 是他们该走 我去赶他们走 |
[07:52] | No, no, no, don’t do that. Go back inside– you know, | 不不不不 别那样 回去 |
[07:54] | the longer you’re out here, the worse it’ll be, | 你在外面待得越久 情况就越糟糕 |
[07:56] | because then they’ll think I’m upset. | 因为他们会以为我生气了 |
[07:58] | You are upset. | 你是生气了 |
[08:00] | No, no, I’m not. | 不不 我没有 |
[08:01] | Just go back inside and talk to them. | 回去 跟他们聊聊 |
[08:03] | Oh, yeah, and remind your mom | 对了 跟你妈妈说 |
[08:05] | about the time we got mani-pedis, | 我们一起做美甲 |
[08:06] | and a smoothie, and we split an orange zinger, | 吃冰沙 撕果茶包的时候 |
[08:09] | and she said that I felt like the daughter that she never had, | 她说我就像她女儿一样 |
[08:11] | and make it seem like I told you that at the time because I was so touched, | 要说得像是我当时很感动告诉你的 |
[08:13] | and not today, okay? | 而不是今天才跟你说的 |
[08:14] | Okay, go. Go. | 好了 去吧 快去 |
[08:15] | Honestly, go. | 真的 走吧 |
[08:17] | – We’ll be fine. – I was planning on staying over. | -我们会没事的 -我打算在这儿过夜 |
[08:20] | I’ve got it covered. | 我搞定了 |
[08:21] | Well, Helga has it covered. | 好吧 海尔格搞定了 |
[08:23] | And Wilma. | 还有威尔玛 |
[08:25] | Well, I guess you could sit in here | 我想你可以与海尔格和威尔玛 |
[08:27] | with Helga and Wilma all night. | 一整夜坐在这儿 |
[08:33] | See? They think it’s silly, too. | 瞧 他们也觉得太傻了 |
[08:43] | Heard you’ve been looking for me. | 听说你在找我 |
[08:47] | The cops send you? | 警察派你来的 |
[08:49] | No. | 不是 |
[08:51] | But they do want to talk to you. | 但他们确实希望和你聊聊 |
[08:54] | I went to prep school with a topflight attorney. | 我念的是私立学校 有最好的律师 |
[08:56] | – I’ll let him know. – Good. | -我会告诉他的 -好 |
[08:58] | Okay, look, man, this isn’t about the cops, okay? | 好吧 听着 这事跟警察无关 |
[09:03] | Up until a few months ago, | 直到几个月前 |
[09:04] | I didn’t even know I had a brother. | 我都不知道我还有个弟弟 |
[09:05] | Did-did you know? | 你知道吗 |
[09:07] | – About me? – No. | -知道我吗 -不知道 |
[09:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:13] | I mean, so, can… can we at least just talk? | 那我们能至少聊聊吗 |
[09:16] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[09:17] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会联系你的 |
[09:19] | I’m staying here, by the way. | 顺便说句 我要待在这儿 |
[09:20] | Mind if I send you the bill… brother? | 你介意我把账单寄给你吗 哥哥 |
[09:27] | You’ll meet him in public. | 你要在公开场合和他见面 |
[09:28] | Don’t go off with him alone. | 不要单独和他走 |
[09:30] | Okay, I got it. | 好 我明白了 |
[09:35] | I… I should go. | 我 我得挂了 |
[09:36] | It’s, uh… Jane. | 是简 |
[09:39] | Yeah. Never not awkward. | 是啊 总是很尴尬 |
[09:41] | Maybe once Mateo’s in college. | 可能马特奥上大学的时候才不尴尬 |
[09:43] | Let me know when you see him. | 你见他的时候跟我说一声 |
[09:45] | okay. | 好 |
[09:51] | Jane, look, I’m so sorry. | 简 我非常抱歉 |
[09:52] | I don’t care what my parents say. | 我不在乎我父母说什么 |
[09:53] | No, no, no, it’s not that. | 不不不 不是那件事 |
[09:55] | Well, I mean, It’s definitely that, too, but… | 那件事也很重要 但是 |
[09:57] | I’m worried about my dad. | 我担心我爸爸 |
[09:58] | I left him a message this morning, | 我今天早上给他留了言 |
[10:00] | and I told him that we were engaged, | 告诉他我们订婚了 |
[10:01] | and he hasn’t called me back all day. | 但他一整天都没回我 |
[10:02] | And we want to go check in on him, | 我们想去找他 |
[10:04] | but he told us to give him his space. | 但他说让我们给他点空间 |
[10:06] | Okay, I’ll-I’ll swing by the condo | 好 我会去趟公寓 |
[10:07] | and see what’s going on with him. | 看看他怎么了 |
[10:08] | Thank you. I love you. | 谢谢 我爱你 |
[10:11] | He’s gonna go check on him. | 他会去看看他的 |
[10:12] | Good. I feel better. | 太好了 我感觉好多了 |
[10:13] | Hey, can you move those papers? | 你能把那些文件拿走吗 |
[10:15] | Pablo will be here any minute. | 巴勃罗随时都可能来 |
[10:16] | Yeah, sure. Sorry. I was just making sure | 好 抱歉 我只是想确保 |
[10:19] | that my chapters passed the Bechdel test. | 我写的章节通过了贝克德尔测验 |
[10:25] | Yeah, she sounds like a hard-ass. | 嗯 她听上去很难搞 |
[10:27] | Have you had any movement with Michael’s parents? | 你和迈克尔的父母有什么进展吗 |
[10:29] | No, and I’m so frustrated, | 不 我太沮丧了 |
[10:31] | because I love him so much. | 因为我非常爱他 |
[10:34] | But I don’t know how to prove that to them. | 但我不知道该怎么向他们证明 |
[10:37] | Look who it is. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[10:38] | – Finally. – Okay, good. | -终于 -好的 很好 |
[10:40] | Bechdel test, take two. | 贝克德尔测验 再来一次 |
[10:42] | Why aren’t you dressed? Pablo’s gonna be here any minute. | 你为什么没打扮好 巴勃罗随时可能过来 |
[10:45] | Geez, this thing is tough. | 天哪 这太难了 |
[10:54] | Ma, stop being ridiculous. | 妈 别犯蠢了 |
[11:15] | Fine. What’s the undeniable proof? | 好吧 无可争辩的证据是什么 |
[11:24] | Afterwards, we will consider sending him away. | 听完之后 我们会考虑送他走的 |
[12:22] | Abuela, there are, like, 100 different | 外婆 有近一百种环境因素 |
[12:24] | environmental factors that go into an early frost. | 可能造成早霜的情况 |
[12:35] | He’s here! Come on, Abuela. | 他来了 走吧 外婆 |
[12:36] | No, no, no, no, no. Dame. | 不 不 不 给我 |
[12:48] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[12:51] | Okay, this could totally be explained | 好吧 这完全可能是由于 |
[12:53] | by a fuse blowing or a power outage. | 保险丝断了或者停电了 |
[12:55] | or is it… | 还是因为… |
[12:56] | the curse of Pablo Alonso Segura? | 巴勃罗·阿隆索·塞古拉的诅咒 |
[13:02] | It’s just our house. The other houses on the street have power. | 只有咱家没电了 街上的其他住户都有电 |
[13:11] | Not entirely true. | 这话可不太对 |
[13:15] | Good question. Let me go check on her. | 问得好 我去看看她在做什么 |
[13:23] | Stop. | 别这样 |
[13:24] | It’s not a curse. | 这跟诅咒没关系 |
[13:26] | You’re being silly. | 你别犯傻了 |
[13:28] | Yes. And you’re being rude. | 对 而且你的表现很无礼 |
[13:31] | Now, that nice man travelled a long way to see you | 一个好人老远来看你 |
[13:33] | and, yes, maybe we shouldn’t have invited him, | 确实 或许我们不该邀请他来 |
[13:35] | but I read those chats, | 但我读了你们的聊天记录 |
[13:37] | and you certainly wrote pretty vividly | 你绝对非常生动地形容了 |
[13:41] | about wanting to see him. | 多么想见他 |
[13:43] | So I’m gonna need you to come out of this room right now. | 所以我要你立刻走出这个房间 |
[13:46] | And I would change because he’s fine. | 而且换我我会换身衣服 因为他没问题 |
[13:54] | Just one more minute. | 再一分钟就好了 |
[13:58] | It’ll be quick, painless, | 快速 无痛 |
[14:00] | and when our death goes viral, | 等我们的死传遍世界 |
[14:03] | we’ll be famous. | 我们就出名了 |
[14:04] | And they’ll make a movie about us, maybe. | 或许还会有人把我们的故事拍成电影呢 |
[14:06] | At this point, Rogelio’s life | 这时罗格里奥 |
[14:08] | actually did start to flash before him. | 看到了他人生的闪回 |
[14:16] | His first smile. | 他第一次笑耶 |
[14:23] | Wait, what? | 等等 怎么回事 |
[14:24] | Oh, yeah. This part is really happening. | 这一段是现在真实发生的 |
[14:29] | And now’s a good time to remind you that Jane’s fiance is a detective. | 现在该提醒你们简的未婚夫是警探 |
[14:33] | And remember, he was sent by Jane | 记得吗 简让他来 |
[14:35] | to see if Rogelio was okay. | 看看罗格里奥怎么样了 |
[14:38] | Since when does Rogelio not rush out | 从什么时候开始罗格里奥 |
[14:40] | to open his monthly cosmetic crate delivery? | 不立刻拆开每月定时寄来的化妆箱了 |
[14:58] | And here is where we left off. | 我们从这里继续 |
[15:09] | Lola, could we do this outside? | 萝拉 我们能出去喝吗 |
[15:12] | The dramatic skyline, the sound of the ocean behind us… | 绚丽的天际线 传来的海浪声 |
[15:16] | It’ll add more production value. | 产值会更高的 |
[15:18] | Please, please, don’t-don’t let me die | 拜托 拜托 别让我死在 |
[15:20] | against a flat background lit by unflattering light. | 光线昏暗的房间地板上 |
[15:39] | Okay. We’ll go outside… | 好 我们出去… |
[15:41] | Drop the weapon. | 放下武器 |
[15:42] | Drop it. Drop the gun. | 放下 放下枪 |
[15:45] | No. | 不 |
[15:45] | – Let me go! – Calm down. | -放开我 -别乱动 |
[15:47] | Rogelio! | 罗格里奥 |
[15:48] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[15:49] | Rogelio! You’ll understand you love me! | 罗格里奥 你会明白你是爱我的 |
[16:58] | Jane! | 简 |
[16:59] | It’s fine! | 没事 |
[17:01] | Just the wind! Finish what you were saying. | 就是风而已 你们继续 |
[17:04] | Michael… | 迈克尔 |
[17:09] | Dad was kidnapped. | 爸爸被绑架了 |
[17:15] | Is there a particular concealer you’d recommend | 你有推荐的遮瑕能遮住 |
[17:17] | for an injury of this kind? | 这种伤吗 |
[17:19] | Uh, Concealer, like… | 遮瑕 是… |
[17:21] | Makeup. To cover up wounds. | 化妆品 遮住淤青 |
[17:23] | – Surely I’m not the first to ask this. – Dad! | -我肯定不是第一个问这种问题的吧 -爸 |
[17:25] | Oh, my god. Are you okay? | 天啊 你还好吗 |
[17:27] | Yes, I’m okay, I’m okay. | 我没事 我没事 |
[17:39] | And then they remembered they were broken up. | 然后他们想起他们已经分手了 |
[17:45] | And this guy. | 这个人 |
[17:46] | My hero. My best friend. | 我的英雄 我最好的朋友 |
[17:48] | And now my daughter’s fiance. I’m so happy for you two! | 现在成了我女儿的未婚夫 真替你们高兴 |
[17:52] | Oh… My… God! | 天啊 |
[17:54] | 索莱达·戈德堡 罗格里奥的经纪人 | |
[17:58] | – Soledad, what are you doing here? – I heard what happened. | -索莱达 你怎么来了 -我听说了此事 |
[18:00] | The news outlet has it now. | 新闻媒体都知道了 |
[18:02] | It’s a huge story everywhere. | 已经轰动全世界了 |
[18:04] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | -真的吗 -当然了 |
[18:05] | I’m getting calls from big people. | 很多大人物都给我打电话了 |
[18:06] | – How about… – Not yet. | -那… -还没打 |
[18:08] | – Might we… – I’m putting out feelers. | -我们能… -我已经在试探他了 |
[18:10] | Who are they talking about? | 他们在说谁 |
[18:11] | Jose Diaz-Balart from Telemundo. | 特莱门多电视台的约瑟·迪马里[JDB] |
[18:12] | It’s your dad’s dream to be interviewed by him. | 你爸的梦想就是接受他的采访 |
[18:14] | Just don’t tell the story to any other news outlets, all right? | 先不要把这事跟其他媒体讲 好吗 |
[18:17] | – Because JDB would need an exclusive. – My lips Are sealed. | -因为JDB会想要独家的 -绝对不讲 |
[18:20] | But you can talk to family. | 但你可以告诉家里人啊 |
[18:24] | Are you okay? What happened? | 你还好吗 发生了什么事 |
[18:28] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:29] | I just want to put it behind me. | 我不想再提了 |
[18:31] | Oh, my god. 1.3 million more Twitter followers. | 天啊 我多了一百三十万推特粉丝 |
[18:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:37] | – I know. Oh, I can’t even. – I can’t even. | -我知道 我简直 -我简直 |
[18:39] | – I really can’t even. – I can’t even even can’t even. | -我真的简直 -我简直简直简直 |
[18:43] | I seriously can’t even. | 我真是搞不懂他们 |
[18:43] | 肥皂剧明星被绑架 还有更劲爆的细节 | |
[18:47] | Is she in there? | 她在里面吗 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:50] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:53] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[18:55] | The band canceled for the live music series. | 乐队现场演出取消了 |
[18:57] | Weren’t you copied on the e-mails? | 邮件不是也给你发了吗 |
[18:59] | I’ve called the agencies. Now I have about… | 我给中介打了电话 我要听 |
[19:00] | – 15 artists to listen to. – I can take care of that. | -十五个歌手的歌 -我能处理好这事的 |
[19:04] | You just had twins. | 你刚生了双胞胎 |
[19:05] | You heard what Dr. Grove said. | 你听到格鲁夫医生说什么了 |
[19:06] | I’m been cleared to resume regular activities, hence… | 我已经可以正常活动了 所以… |
[19:10] | Not every mother has to stay home. | 不是每个产妇都要在家待着的 |
[19:12] | I actually feel happy here. | 其实我来这里挺开心的 |
[19:14] | But, hey, if you want to go upstairs, by all means. | 但如果你想去楼上 随你 |
[19:17] | Well, excuse me. | 快告诉我 |
[19:18] | Who is the most handsome boy in the whole world? | 谁是这个世界上最帅的男孩 |
[19:21] | Is it you, Mr. Sweetface? | 是你吗 笑眯眯先生 |
[19:25] | Yes? Maybe you should come with me | 是吗 或许你该跟我一起 |
[19:27] | to dinner with Michael’s parents later. Right? | 去跟迈克尔的父母见面 |
[19:29] | ‘Cause nobody can resist you. | 因为没人能拒绝你啊 |
[19:32] | Oh, what is this? | 这是什么啊 |
[19:34] | 玛琳·唐纳森 提醒 | |
[19:34] | An e-mail from professor Donaldson. | 唐纳森教授来的邮件 |
[19:36] | Should we open it, Mateo? | 我们要打开看吗 马特奥 |
[19:38] | Should we? | 要不要呢 |
[19:41] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[19:42] | Yes. That was the whole e-mail. | 是的 这就是邮件的全部内容 |
[19:44] | And now I have to go meet with her. | 现在我必须要去见她了 |
[19:45] | Which, heads up, I’m dreading. | 真是太可怕了 |
[19:47] | Relax, hon. | 冷静 亲爱的 |
[19:48] | She’s obviously just a really cold person. | 她明显是个很高冷的人 |
[19:53] | Keep up the good, brave work. | 继续保持 |
[19:55] | Thanks. Thanks so much. | 谢谢 太谢谢了 |
[20:03] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[20:06] | So, I got your heads-up. | 我收到你的提醒了 |
[20:07] | Yeah, I never like you kids to be blindsided. | 是的 我希望学生们能有所准备 |
[20:10] | Everyone’s so, you know, “sensitive” these days. | 大家现在都太敏感了 |
[20:12] | But, yeah, not into it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[20:15] | So how can I address your concerns? | 你还有什么疑问吗 |
[20:17] | Because I do think, overall, | 我在想 |
[20:18] | the work passed the Bechdel test. | 毕竟这个已经通过贝氏测试了 |
[20:20] | Well, yeah, big whoop. | 是的 那又怎样 |
[20:22] | That’s pretty baseline, right? | 这是基本要求吧 |
[20:25] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你一个问题 |
[20:27] | What kind of a book are you writing? | 你写的是什么类型的书 |
[20:29] | Is it, you know, like, a book for bored housewives? | 是为了无聊的家庭主妇写的吗 |
[20:31] | Or is it… about something? | 还是说 是有一个主题的 |
[20:34] | It should be noted that Jane found this | 很明显简感到自己 |
[20:35] | more than slightly offensive. | 受到了莫大的侮辱 |
[20:36] | Both, I’m hoping. | 我希望二者都有 |
[20:38] | Well, then you better get back to work. | 你还是继续工作吧 |
[20:40] | ’cause it’s, you know, not now. | 这显然没达到要求 |
[20:42] | Maybe put it in context. | 在文本上多下下功夫 |
[20:44] | Give it a “frame.” | 好好构思你的”框架” |
[20:48] | Move the frame to the left. | 将画面移到左边 |
[21:04] | Good. | 好 |
[21:05] | Now we go to soft focus and reveal it’s a dream. | 现在画面柔焦 告诉观众这只是一场梦 |
[21:08] | Cut! | 卡 |
[21:13] | Rogelio. Are you okay? | 罗格里奥 你还好吗 |
[21:15] | You’re not kissing with your usual passion. | 你吻得不像往常那么激情 |
[21:17] | Tongue. | 没伸舌头 |
[21:18] | Yes. I’m fine. | 是 我很好 |
[21:21] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[21:23] | Jane. Hi. | 简 好啊 |
[21:25] | What a surprise. | 你怎么来了 |
[21:28] | Hey, dad. I just came by to check in, | 爸爸 我只是来看看你 |
[21:30] | see how you’re doing. | 看你怎么样了 |
[21:31] | Incredible. | 我很好 |
[21:33] | I feel that I’m accessing this whole new set of emotions | 我感到自己有了全新的情感 |
[21:36] | and their corresponding facial expressions. | 和相应的面部表情 |
[21:40] | I’m more… | 我更加… |
[21:42] | Wounded now. | 受伤了 |
[21:44] | But sexy wounded. | 但是是性感的伤 |
[21:46] | Probably that’s what JDB responded to. | 也许这就是JDB想要的 |
[21:49] | José Díaz-Balart? | 约瑟·迪马里 |
[21:51] | Fine, you pried it out of me. | 好吧 被你发现了 |
[21:53] | Yes, I will be sharing the harrowing tale of my kidnapping | 没错 我要独家和他分享 |
[21:56] | with him exclusively. | 我被绑架的故事 |
[22:00] | It means that I’ll be late to your engagement party, though. | 这样的话你的订婚派对我就得迟到了 |
[22:03] | Is that okay? | 没问题吧 |
[22:04] | Don’t even think about it. But, dad, | 不用担心这个 但是爸爸 |
[22:07] | I haven’t even heard what happened. | 我还不知道发生了什么 |
[22:09] | D-do you want to tell me, maybe? | 你能告诉我吗 |
[22:11] | I do. | 好的 |
[22:15] | Bu-but I also want it to be fresh, | 但我还是想保持新鲜感 |
[22:18] | so I don’t seem rehearsed, you know? | 我不想先说出来 |
[22:20] | Is that it? Because we haven’t even talked. | 是这样吗 我们还没有聊过呢 |
[22:22] | I-I’m sorry that I was late to your premiere. | 我很抱歉你的首演我迟到了 |
[22:24] | Oh, stop it. No, I’m fine. | 别这样 我没事 |
[22:26] | I just want to move forward. | 我只是想向前看 |
[22:29] | Which Jane understood, after all. | 这些简都理解 |
[22:32] | Which brings us here, now. | 我们回到了现在 |
[22:34] | So, I-I just wanted to say thank you | 我想谢谢你们 |
[22:35] | for agreeing to come to dinner. | 同意来吃晚饭 |
[22:37] | And honestly, | 说实话 |
[22:38] | I understand where you’re coming from, | 我理解你们为什么这么想 |
[22:40] | how it looks… | 看起来 |
[22:41] | It looks like you fell in love with someone else | 看起来你爱上了别人 |
[22:44] | and dumped our son. | 甩了我们的儿子 |
[22:45] | Right. | 是的 |
[22:47] | And I know it seems like that, | 我知道看上去是这样 |
[22:49] | but just to explain myself a little, | 但是听我解释 |
[22:51] | I was accidentally artificially inseminated. | 我曾经意外地被人工授精 |
[22:54] | My whole life was upside down. | 我的整个人生都乱了 |
[22:56] | And so you left the one person who stood beside you. | 所以你抛弃了一直陪着你的那个人 |
[22:58] | You threw him out like a… | 你抛弃了他 就像抛弃… |
[23:00] | – Dirty tissue. – Exactly. | -一张脏纸 -没错 |
[23:02] | On the bright side, | 从好的方面来看 |
[23:04] | these two are really getting along. | 这两位真是天生一对 |
[23:06] | How do we know you won’t do it again? | 我们怎么知道你不会再这么做 |
[23:07] | Guys, go easy. | 你们别这样 |
[23:10] | It’s okay. It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[23:12] | You can ask me anything you want. | 你们可以问任何想问的问题 |
[23:14] | And yes, I left Michael. | 是的 我离开了迈克尔 |
[23:16] | And I regret it. | 我很后悔 |
[23:18] | And I would never do it again. | 我绝对不再这样了 |
[23:21] | Were you dating them both at the same time? | 那时你同时和他们两个人约会吗 |
[23:23] | As soon as I realized I had feelings For Rafael, | 我一发现自己对拉斐尔有感觉 |
[23:25] | I told Michael. | 我就告诉了迈克尔 |
[23:26] | Yeah, and then threw him aside, no second thoughts. | 没错 然后毫不犹豫地抛弃了他 |
[23:28] | Well, I-I didn’t want to lead him on. | 我不想让他抱有幻想 |
[23:29] | How long did you wait | 你等了多久 |
[23:31] | before getting together with Rafael? | 就和拉斐尔在一起了 |
[23:32] | Whoa. This must be where Michael gets his interrogation skills. | 迈克尔的审问技巧就是这么学来的吧 |
[23:38] | Well, that isn’t the point, I told him… | 这不是重点 我告诉了他 |
[23:41] | How long, Jane? | 多长时间 简 |
[23:43] | That same night. | 当天晚上 |
[23:45] | That same night? | 当天晚上 |
[23:47] | And now you want my son | 现在你想让我儿子 |
[23:48] | to help raise this other guy’s kid? | 帮忙养另一个男人的儿子 |
[23:49] | Enough. | 够了 |
[23:51] | This is not some other guy’s kid. | 这不是什么另一个男人的儿子 |
[23:52] | This is Mateo. And I love him, | 这是马特奥 我爱他 |
[23:54] | and I love Jane. | 我也爱简 |
[23:55] | Way too much to be putting up with this disrespect. | 我受够了你们的冷嘲热讽了 |
[23:58] | Come on, we’re leaving. | 走吧 我们走 |
[24:14] | Abuela, enough. What am I supposed to do? | 外婆 够了 我该怎么办 |
[24:17] | Michael’s parents don’t like me. | 迈克尔的爸妈不喜欢我 |
[24:21] | Ma, come on, it’s Jane. | 妈妈 这可是简啊 |
[24:23] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没什么 |
[24:25] | Just that… | 只是 |
[24:25] | You have a compulsive need to be liked. | 你总是想让所有人喜欢你 |
[24:27] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[24:28] | Jane. | 简 |
[24:31] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[24:32] | I just want my freaking in-laws to like me. | 我只希望我的公公婆婆能喜欢我 |
[24:35] | And her freakin’ advisor. | 还有她的导师 |
[24:37] | What’s the context? What’s the frame? | 什么是上下文 什么叫框架 |
[25:01] | So, was it any good? | 写得怎么样 |
[25:02] | Ugh. No idea. | 不知道 |
[25:04] | Honestly, my brain is fried, | 说实话 我脑细胞都用光了 |
[25:06] | but there’s a frame. | 但是我想好框架了 |
[25:08] | – They are beautiful, Raf. – Thank you. | -他们太美了 拉斐尔 -谢谢 |
[25:10] | Are you ready to have a playdate with your sisters? | 准备好和你的妹妹玩了吗 |
[25:16] | I’ll leave you to it. I got to go grade papers. | 我把他留给你了 我要去改论文了 |
[25:18] | Oh, um, can I ask you a question, actually? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[25:20] | It’s about Petra. | 关于佩特拉的 |
[25:23] | I’m worried she’s not really bonding with the babies. | 我担心她和宝宝的联系不够 |
[25:25] | – What do you mean? – Well, she’s not holding them, really. | -什么意思 -她没有抱过他们 |
[25:28] | And she’s working already, and I can’t bring it up | 她已经在工作了 我要是再要求她 |
[25:30] | without her accusing me of treating her like a 1950s housewife. | 她就会说我把她当成五十年代的家庭主妇 |
[25:34] | Is that normal? | 这正常吗 |
[25:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:36] | I mean, everybody’s experience is different, right? | 每个人的经历都不一样 |
[25:38] | I mean, I became a shut-in. | 我都成家里蹲了 |
[25:39] | M-my mom had to basically force me out of the house. | 我妈妈总是得逼着我走出家门 |
[25:42] | Yeah, well, the mom thing isn’t really an option. | 她的妈妈还是算了吧 |
[25:44] | So, um… | 所以 |
[25:47] | Maybe you’ll have to give her the push? | 也许你得逼一下她 |
[25:49] | It’ll happen. | 会解决的 |
[25:51] | And when they bond– I mean, | 当他们建立起了感情 |
[25:52] | that mother-child thing is intense. | 母子的情谊就再也割不断了 |
[25:54] | Isn’t it? Isn’t it, Mateo? | 对吧 对吧马特奥 |
[25:59] | Say “Bye, mommy”” | 和妈妈说再见 |
[25:59] | Yup. It sure is. | 没错 就是这样 |
[26:05] | Slight change of plans: I’m on my way to Fort Myers. | 计划有变 我在去迈尔斯堡的路上 |
[26:08] | What? | 什么 |
[26:09] | Michael’s parents left. | 迈克尔的父母走了 |
[26:11] | They said that they weren’t coming | 他们说不想出席订婚宴 |
[26:12] | to the engagement party, so I’m going there. | 所以我正赶往他们那边 |
[26:14] | Jane. | 简 |
[26:16] | What? | 怎么啦 |
[26:17] | It’s only 112 more miles. | 区区112英里嘛 |
[26:19] | This is crazy. So they don’t like you. | 真是疯了 他们不喜欢你又如何 |
[26:22] | It’s not about them liking me! | 跟他们喜不喜欢我没关系 |
[26:25] | Okay, well, it kind of is, | 好吧 是有点 |
[26:26] | But it’s about Michael, too. | 但也是为了迈克尔啊 |
[26:28] | I mean, he wants his family there. | 他希望家人能到场 |
[26:31] | And plus, you know, I-I get why they’re protective. | 再说 我明白他们为什么这么保护他 |
[26:33] | I get the parent-child bond. | 我明白这种父母与子女间的感情 |
[26:35] | So I just want to appeal to Mrs. Cordero as a mother. | 所以我只想以一个母亲的身份恳求科尔德罗夫人 |
[26:41] | Jane, really, this isn’t a good time. | 简 说真的 现在不合适 |
[26:42] | No, no, no, please, l-let me just say one thing. Please. | 请别这样 请让我说句话吧 |
[26:45] | I am so sorry. And you know what, I know how you feel. | 我很抱歉 而且我明白你的感受 |
[26:49] | If anyone broke Mateo’s heart, oh, my god. Oh, my god. | 如果有人敢让马特奥伤心 天呐 天呐 |
[26:52] | – Right now… – I just-I just want one more chance to prove to you | -现在… -我只想你给我一次机会证明 |
[26:55] | how much I love your son. And I do. | 我有多爱你的儿子 我真的很爱 |
[26:57] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才来到这里 |
[26:58] | Because if you don’t come, you’ll hurt him. | 因为你们如果不出席 会让他伤心的 |
[27:01] | And I know you don’t want that. No mother wants that. | 我知道你不希望如此 没有母亲忍心这么做 |
[27:05] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑看看的 |
[27:07] | And if you’ll excuse me… | 如果你能体谅的话… |
[27:09] | I really should get back to my book club. | 我真的该回到我的读书俱乐部了 |
[27:13] | Your… | 你的… |
[27:18] | Sorry about that. | 真对不起 |
[27:20] | I-if it makes any difference, I loved that book, too. | 不知道说这话有没有用 我也很喜欢那本书 |
[27:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:36] | I heard you paid a little visit to my mom’s book club. | 我听说你造访了我妈的读书俱乐部 |
[27:40] | Oh, my god, I’m so sorry. | 天呐 真对不起 |
[27:41] | I didn’t know they were all gonna be sitting there. | 我不知道她们都坐在那里 |
[27:43] | No, don’t apologize. It worked. | 没事 不用道歉 这样做奏效了 |
[27:45] | My parents are coming to the party. | 我爸妈要出席订婚宴了 |
[27:48] | Apparently the, uh, book club ladies were really feeling you. | 显然俱乐部里的女士们对你感同身受 |
[27:51] | Yeah, well, I mean, those are my people. | 没办法 我们都一样 |
[27:53] | Thank you for doing that. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[27:56] | Of course. Family matters. | 没事 一家人嘛 |
[27:58] | Ah, yes, family matters. | 是啊 一家人嘛 |
[28:00] | It wasn’t just a terrific Friday night TV staple. | 这不单是周五晚间电视里的绝佳标语 |
[28:03] | It was also a mantra Rafael was leaning on in this moment. | 也是此刻拉斐尔在心里一直默念的一句话 |
[28:07] | So… | 那… |
[28:08] | Tell me about yourself. | 跟我讲讲你的事吧 |
[28:09] | I’m not talkative. | 我不爱讲话 |
[28:12] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[28:13] | Nope. | 没了 |
[28:15] | How’s the food? | 东西好吃吗 |
[28:18] | Okay, man, come on, | 好了 兄弟 别这样 |
[28:19] | I’m just trying to get to know you. | 我在试图了解你 |
[28:22] | Then ask the question you really want to know. | 那就问些你真正想问的问题 |
[28:27] | Did you know our mother was a crime lord? | 你知道我们的母亲是毒枭吗 |
[28:29] | No. Did you? | 不知道 你呢 |
[28:31] | No. But I’m not the one who disappeared | 不知道 但我可没在她身份暴露后 |
[28:33] | after she was exposed. | 就不知所踪 |
[28:35] | And I didn’t have tunnels under my hotel | 我也没在自家酒店下挖地道 |
[28:37] | where people did illegal surgeries. | 给别人做违法的手术 |
[28:42] | Where were you? | 那时你去哪儿了 |
[28:43] | You really want to know? | 你真想知道吗 |
[28:45] | I do. | 想 |
[28:46] | Fine. | 那好 |
[28:48] | Let’s go. | 跟我走吧 |
[28:53] | Wait. No. What did Michael say? | 等等 你不记得迈克尔说的话吗 |
[28:55] | Don’t follow him anywhere. | 别跟他去任何地方 |
[28:59] | And yet, there he goes. | 好吧 他跟着去了 |
[29:02] | Right this way. So, you can prepare here. | 在这边 你可以在这里做准备工作 |
[29:05] | Sorry there’s not more room. | 抱歉这儿只有这么点地方 |
[29:06] | Are you kidding? It’s like four cubano trucks in here. | 你在说笑吗 这儿可放得下四辆古巴三明治餐车 |
[29:13] | Sexy, ma. | 很性感啊 妈 |
[29:18] | And you sure it’s not for your date after? | 你确定不是为了之后的约会吗 |
[29:20] | Hmm? You’re gonna lose that sweater, right? | 到时你会把毛衣给脱了 是吧 |
[29:24] | And show Pablo that hot little bod? | 让巴勃罗看看你火辣的身段 |
[29:26] | It’s safe to say | 可以很肯定地说 |
[29:26] | this conversation fails the Bechdel test miserably. | 这段对话无法通过贝克德尔测验 |
[29:32] | Hello? | 喂 |
[29:35] | What? | 什么 |
[29:36] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[29:38] | Yeah, I’ll be there. | 好 我会过去的 |
[29:40] | Be there? Where are you going? The party’s gonna start. | 过去 去哪里 订婚宴快开始了 |
[29:42] | And I’ll be back as soon as I can, but that was dad’s agent. | 我会尽快回来的 老爸经纪人打来的 |
[29:50] | What-what are you doing here? | 你来这里干吗 |
[29:52] | I heard you were having a hard time. | 我听说你很难受 |
[29:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么啦 |
[29:59] | I just… | 我只是… |
[30:02] | I don’t think I can do this interview. | 觉得自己不能做这个采访 |
[30:04] | And you don’t have to if you don’t want to. | 不想做就不用做啊 |
[30:07] | No, but I do want to, that’s the point. | 不是的 我想做这个采访 这才是问题所在 |
[30:09] | It’s one of my #lifegoals. | 这是我的一个#人生目标 |
[30:12] | I always wanted to open my heart and soul to José Díaz-Balart. | 我一直想对约瑟·迪马里敞开心扉 |
[30:15] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不想啊 |
[30:16] | But I don’t know. | 但不知道怎么回事 |
[30:18] | It’s just, every time I think about | 每回我想要向世人 |
[30:21] | saying it out loud… | 说出这件事时… |
[30:24] | I get choked up. | 我就会哽噎 |
[30:26] | And not like a single tear | 不是那种一滴眼泪 |
[30:27] | glistening down my cheek thing, | 流过脸颊时的那种哽噎 |
[30:31] | But like… | 反而像是… |
[30:31] | Oh, dad, of course you’re going to cry. | 爸 你当然会流泪啊 |
[30:34] | It’s a really traumatic thing that happened. | 那件事对你的刺激太大了 |
[30:37] | I don’t want people to see me as a victim. | 我不希望别人把我当成受害者 |
[30:40] | I want to seem like a powerful, extraordinary actor. | 我想让他们把我当作充满力量并且优秀的演员 |
[30:43] | You can be both. | 你能同时充当两种角色的 |
[30:45] | But what if people make fun of me– | 可万一人们取笑我 |
[30:47] | Memes, gifs? | 用梗和洞图嘲笑我 |
[30:49] | Or is it jifs? | 应该是动图 |
[30:50] | Well, not everybody’s gonna like you. | 你是没法让所有人都喜欢你的 |
[30:52] | Which is a lesson I’ve been learning. | 我刚学会这个道理 |
[30:54] | Well, that’s not too helpful to me, | 这可安慰不了我 |
[30:56] | Because I’m trying to build a social media dynasty. | 因为我正在建立一个社交媒体王朝 |
[31:00] | Well, personally, I don’t think anybody’s gonna make fun of you | 我觉得 没人会取笑你的 |
[31:05] | If you’re honest and vulnerable, and that’s all you can do. | 你只用表现得诚实并且脆弱就行了 |
[31:07] | What if I can’t get through it? | 那如果我没法录完呢 |
[31:11] | You want to practice with me? | 你想跟我先练一遍吗 |
[31:12] | No. You have to go to your engagement party. | 不用了 你还得回订婚宴那边 |
[31:15] | This is more important. | 这事更加重要 |
[31:20] | Now what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[31:24] | I thought I was going to die, Jane. | 当时我以为我快死了 简 |
[31:27] | Oh, dad. | 没事的 老爸 |
[31:33] | Yes. Say good-bye. | 对啦 跟大家说再见 |
[31:36] | Good night. | 晚安啦 |
[31:42] | She’s still with her dad. | 她还在她爸那儿 |
[31:45] | Let’s move on, shall we? | 不如咱们换个地儿吧 |
[31:47] | I could use a breather from all this tension. | 这里气氛紧张得我得用呼吸器了 |
[31:52] | So much for taking a breather. | 来这里呼吸也太过了点 |
[32:01] | Don’t bother. No service. | 别瞎操心了 这里没信号 |
[32:03] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[32:04] | You really shouldn’t go, Rafael. | 你真的不该去 拉斐尔 |
[32:05] | You heard what michael said. Not alone! | 迈克尔跟你说过 别跟他单独在一块 |
[32:07] | You coming? | 你要来吗 |
[32:08] | And with Michael’s words ringing in his ears, | 耳边响起迈克尔的警告之词 |
[32:11] | Rafael refused to get on the boat! | 拉斐尔拒绝上船 |
[32:13] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[32:17] | Ugh. Well, it was worth a try. | 还是值得一试的 |
[32:20] | Tonight, we’re here with international telenovela star | 今晚 国际肥皂剧巨星罗格里奥·维嘉 |
[32:23] | Rogelio de la vega, and the story you’re about to hear, | 参加节目 而你们即将听到的故事 |
[32:27] | Well, it’s straight out of a telenovela, honestly. | 老实说 比肥皂剧还要曲折离奇 |
[32:31] | I know. It-it really is. | 是啊 的确是这样 |
[32:33] | But then again, you know, | 但我还是要再说一次 |
[32:34] | Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. | 有时生活比小说还要离奇 |
[32:37] | I’ll say. | 我也觉得 |
[32:40] | Be up in a second. | 我马上过来 |
[32:41] | You’ll recall, | 你应该还记得 |
[32:41] | We left Rafael on a boat alone with his brother. | 上一幕拉斐尔正和他弟弟单独待在一艘船上 |
[32:44] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[32:54] | Did you think it was a gun? | 你以为是一把枪吗 |
[32:57] | No. | 不是 |
[33:03] | So… | 那么… |
[33:05] | Where were you? | 你当时在哪里 |
[33:07] | Right here | 就在这里 |
[33:08] | On this boat. | 在这艘船上 |
[33:10] | In the middle of the ocean. | 在大洋上漂 |
[33:14] | I heard about my mom… | 我听说我妈… |
[33:16] | Our mom. | 我们的母亲 |
[33:18] | They were seizing assets. | 他们在疯狂收回财产 |
[33:23] | I freaked out. | 我吓坏了 |
[33:24] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[33:25] | They were taking everything. | 他们把所有的东西都拿走了 |
[33:29] | Okay. And? | 好吧 然后呢 |
[33:32] | And I sat out here, man. | 然后我就坐在这里了 |
[33:34] | Thought about things. | 想了一些事情 |
[33:36] | My dad, for instance. | 比如我爸 |
[33:38] | Ran half marathons twice a year, | 一年参加两次半程马拉松比赛 |
[33:41] | died of a heart attack out of the blue. | 却死于心脏病突发 |
[33:43] | Did she kill him? | 是我妈下的毒手吗 |
[33:46] | Things like that. | 我就思考此类事情 |
[33:48] | Thought about taking the plunge myself, briefly. | 我也曾考虑过冒险 |
[33:52] | Cause I suddenly had no family. | 因为突然间我一个家人都没有了 |
[33:58] | But then I punked out | 但后来我就退缩了 |
[34:00] | and headed back to good old Miami. | 然后返回美好的迈阿密 |
[34:08] | But you do, though. | 但你并非一无所有 |
[34:13] | Have family. | 你还有家人 |
[34:20] | So, you gonna pour that scotch, or what? | 你不是准备倒威士忌吗 |
[34:24] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[34:29] | Oh, I love you. | 太爱你了 |
[34:30] | I’m so sorry. Thank you for coming. | 非常抱歉 谢谢你们的到来 |
[34:32] | Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你们 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[34:33] | Michael, hi. | 迈克尔 |
[34:35] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[34:37] | Oh. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[34:41] | I’ll go inside. I’ll give you guys some privacy. I’ll just… | 我进屋了 给你们留点私人空间 |
[34:47] | How are your parents? | 你父母怎么样了 |
[34:48] | My mom is not as mad as when she found out | 我妈并没有像当初她发现 |
[34:51] | my dad slept with his dental hygienist. | 我爸和他的牙科保健员上床那么生气 |
[34:53] | But it’s a point of reference? | 但这是个参照点对吧 |
[34:54] | It’s definitely a point of reference. | 是的 这是个参照点 |
[34:56] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:57] | – I’m going in. – Okay. | -我进去了 -好的 |
[35:02] | Michael, Patricia, hi. | 迈克尔 帕特丽夏 你们好 |
[35:04] | I am so sorry I missed the party. | 非常抱歉 我错过了派对 |
[35:06] | – My dad had an emergency. – We heard. | -我爸那边有一些突发状况 -我们听说了 |
[35:09] | The point is, you missed it. | 问题在于 你错过了派对 |
[35:10] | After you made a real big deal about how important it was to Michael. | 你之前大肆渲染这个派对对迈克尔是多么重要 |
[35:13] | And once again, someone else comes in first. | 而且 又有别人捷足先登了 |
[35:16] | I told you both not to say anything. | 我跟你们说过了 别提这事 |
[35:17] | Michael, it’s fine. It’s fine. | 迈克尔 没关系 真的没事 |
[35:20] | I know, but my dad really needed me tonight. | 我理解 但我爸今晚真的很需要我 |
[35:25] | Okay. Forget it. | 好了 算了吧 |
[35:28] | I’m sorry you don’t like me, but you know what? | 很抱歉你们不喜欢我 不过你们知道吗 |
[35:30] | Your son understands why I wasn’t here, | 你们的儿子理解为什么我刚刚不在这里 |
[35:32] | so I’m cool. | 所以我没关系 |
[35:34] | And I really hope that you’ll learn to live with me, | 我也真心希望你们可以忍受我 |
[35:36] | because I’m not going anywhere. | 因为你们甩不掉我了 |
[35:41] | If we do attend the wedding, | 如果我们去参加你们的婚礼 |
[35:42] | It’ll be for his sake, not yours. | 也是看在我儿子的面子上 不是你的 |
[35:45] | It should be noted | 值得注意的是 |
[35:45] | that the people-pleasing side of Jane wanted to attempt | 试图取悦别人的那个简想要 |
[35:48] | one last ditch charm offensive, but instead, she said… | 用尽最后的魅力攻势 然而她却说 |
[35:51] | Noted. | 了解 |
[35:53] | You know, I’m turning over a new leaf. | 我要翻开崭新的一页 |
[35:56] | Who cares if people like me? | 谁在乎别人是不是喜欢我 |
[35:58] | Cheers to that! | 为这个想法干杯 |
[36:02] | That’s what I’m talking about. 100% over it. | 完完全全不考虑了 |
[36:04] | My new motto– | 我的新座右铭就是 |
[36:05] | take me or leave me. | 要么喜欢我 要么远离我 |
[36:10] | 玛琳·唐纳森 提醒 | |
[36:10] | Oh, my god, oh, my god, my advisor. | 我的天呐 是我导师 |
[36:12] | She just e-mailed me, “Heads up”” | 她刚刚给我发邮件提醒 |
[36:15] | “I liked your material”” | 我喜欢你的内容 |
[36:17] | Oh, my god! Oh, my god! | 我的上帝 天呐 |
[36:19] | She liked my material! | 她喜欢我的内容 |
[36:21] | Yeah. Get it. Work, work. | 太好了 她喜欢 他喜欢 |
[36:23] | – But you don’t care? – Mom, baby steps. | -但你根本不在乎 -妈 一步步慢慢来 |
[36:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[36:31] | Oh, yeah, well, you know what? I’ll take it. | 你知道吗 我接受了 |
[36:33] | – Who cares? – Yeah. Uh. | -谁在乎啊 -就是 |
[36:37] | Oh, be right back. It’s Rafael. | 我去去就回 是拉斐尔 |
[36:38] | He was meeting his brother. Sorry. | 他刚刚去见自己的兄弟了 失陪了 |
[36:40] | Look, I think Derek’s telling the truth. | 我觉得德里克说得都是实话 |
[36:42] | I don’t think he knew. | 我觉得他真不知情 |
[36:43] | Wait. What are you talking about? | 等等 你在说什么 |
[36:44] | You can’t know that already. | 你还不能下这样的结论 |
[36:46] | Well, I do. | 我就是可以下这个结论 |
[36:48] | What?! Stop. | 什么 住嘴 |
[36:49] | You are being played. | 你被耍了 |
[36:51] | And you are entitled to your own opinion, | 你可以有你自己的主张 |
[36:53] | But this… This is my family. | 但这个 这可是我的家人 |
[36:57] | So investigate all you want, man. | 你想查什么就查吧 老兄 |
[37:00] | I’m done. | 恕不奉陪 |
[37:02] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢你 兄弟 |
[37:04] | Well, I meant it. | 我是认真的 |
[37:07] | I don’t know if I like this. | 我不确定自己是不是喜欢这样 |
[37:09] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[37:12] | This, on the other hand, I’m all for. | 另一方面 这是我非常想看到的画面 |
[37:18] | Where are Wilma and Helga? | 威尔玛和海尔格去哪了 |
[37:20] | I let them go, just for a night. | 我今晚放她们的假 |
[37:24] | I thought it would be good to have a bonding night. | 度过一个促进情感之夜是件好事 |
[37:27] | Just us. | 就我们四个 |
[37:28] | As a family. | 作为一个小家庭 |
[37:30] | And you don’t have to change a single diaper. | 你也不必换一片尿片 |
[37:33] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[37:35] | Come here. | 来吧 |
[37:36] | Here, hold Elsa. | 来 你抱着艾莎 |
[37:38] | You want to go to your mommy. | 你去找妈咪吧 |
[37:40] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:48] | How can you even tell which is which? | 你怎么能分清哪个是姐姐哪个是妹妹 |
[37:50] | Had Helga put an “X” on her foot. | 我让赫尔加在她脚上画了一个X |
[37:55] | I’ve been having a little trouble. | 我遇到了一点麻烦 |
[37:58] | I’m not sure this is for me. | 我不太确定这是否适合我 |
[37:59] | It is. | 挺适合的 |
[38:01] | I just think part of the problem is | 我觉得问题在于 |
[38:02] | that you’ve been avoiding them. | 你一直在逃避她们 |
[38:06] | Uh-oh. Someone’s got to get a diaper changed. | 哟 有人要换尿布了 |
[38:38] | Well, there’s really no way to sugarcoat it. | 确实没办法粉饰这个原因 |
[40:05] | Michael left? | 迈克尔走了吗 |
[40:06] | Yeah, he has an early morning. | 是的 他明天要早起 |
[40:07] | Where’s abuela? | 外婆去哪里了 |
[40:09] | – Still out with Pablo. – Ooh! Nice. | -她去见巴勃罗还没回来 -真好 |
[40:14] | Hey, did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[40:33] | Wait. I hear it now. | 等等 我听见了 |
[40:34] | Is that what they mean when they say | 这是不是就是他们说的 |
[40:35] | that a house is settling or whatever? | 房子在下沉还是什么的 |
[40:45] | Maybe it’s the air conditioning? | 也许只是空调发出的声音 |
[40:57] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[40:58] | Maybe there is something to this curse business after all. | 也许真的有诅咒这回事 |
[41:03] | www.rrliuxue.com | 人人留学【免费办理】 震撼上线,赶快登陆 |