时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | All righty,diving in– | 好的 我们继续 |
[00:01] | Jane and Michael were planning a wedding… | 简和迈克尔正准备婚礼 |
[00:02] | – Will you marry me? – Yes! | -你愿意嫁给我吗 -愿意 |
[00:03] | …and it was going to be at the house, but then | 本应该在家里举办 但是之后 |
[00:05] | this happened. Luckily, Rogelio came to the rescue | 发生了这事 幸好 罗格里奥拯救了他们 |
[00:09] | and he built them a model of the house on the soundstage, | 还在摄影棚给他们搭了个模型房 |
[00:12] | and the family moved into the Marbella. | 然后全家人搬进了玛贝拉酒店 |
[00:14] | And all was well until Jane’s bachelorette party, | 一切都很顺利 直到在简的单身派对上 |
[00:17] | – when this happened. – Mom? | -发生了这事 -妈妈 |
[00:20] | Jane, I’m sorry. | 简 我很抱歉 |
[00:21] | Oh, and speaking of family drama, | 说到家庭狗血 |
[00:23] | Rafael finally bonded with his long-lost brother. | 拉斐尔终于和失散多年的弟弟建立了感情 |
[00:26] | Only problem? | 唯一的问题是 |
[00:27] | After a night of drinking he acted on an insider tip. | 一夜醉酒之后他参与了内幕交易 |
[00:30] | I just made $5 million. | 我刚刚赚了五百万美元 |
[00:33] | So, we should probably get our stories straight, right? | 我们还是打开天窗说亮话吧 |
[00:35] | Brandon knew they had the patent | 布兰登在他们今早宣布之前 |
[00:36] | before they announced it this morning. | 就知道他们有专利权 |
[00:37] | I know! | 我知道 |
[00:38] | Bad news, right? Well, how about this? | 坏消息 对吧 这个怎么样 |
[00:41] | – I’m sorry. – I don’t want your apology, Mom. | -抱歉 -我不需要你的道歉 妈妈 |
[00:44] | At this point, you are just a cautionary tale. | 此时此刻 你不过是一个警世寓言 |
[00:47] | I know! I hate that they’re fighting. | 我懂 我不喜欢他们争吵 |
[00:49] | Let’s hope it ends soon. | 希望这事能早点结束 |
[00:52] | You’ll recall when Jane was young, | 你们记得简小的时候 |
[00:54] | she fell in love… | 她爱上了 |
[00:57] | with salsa. | 萨尔萨舞 |
[01:01] | And right away, well… | 当即 |
[01:04] | she was ready to go steady. | 她准备来真的 |
[01:05] | Please, please, please. Just consider it. | 求你们了 考虑一下 |
[01:13] | Because I know I love salsa. When I saw it, | 因为我知道我爱萨尔萨舞 我一见到它 |
[01:16] | it spoke to my soul. | 它就打动了我的灵魂 |
[01:20] | You know what, | 好吧 |
[01:21] | let’s do it. | 那就学吧 |
[01:22] | What? | 什么 |
[01:23] | It spoke to her soul. | 它打动了她的灵魂 |
[01:25] | But alas, the conversation was short. | 但很遗憾 好景不长 |
[01:28] | Because while Jane loved watching salsa, | 因为虽然简喜欢看萨尔萨舞 |
[01:31] | it turned out she hated dancing salsa. | 她却讨厌跳萨尔萨舞 |
[01:34] | Like, seriously hated it. | 是真的讨厌 |
[01:40] | But I’m terrible. | 但我跳得很糟 |
[01:42] | Please don’t make me. | 求求你别逼我 |
[01:44] | Oh, come on, she’s miserable. | 行了 她很难过 |
[01:54] | Yeah, you’re right. | 嗯 你说得对 |
[01:56] | Come on, we don’t want to miss the warm-ups. | 来吧 我们可不能错过暖场 |
[01:57] | Don’t worry, you don’t have to perform. | 别担心 你不必表演 |
[02:00] | What? | 什么 |
[02:01] | Screw principle. Let’s have an adventure. | 去他的原则 我们来冒险吧 |
[02:04] | And so they Thelma and Louised it out of there. | 于是她们就逃出屋子 尽情狂欢了 |
[02:06] | And that night solidified one thing: | 那晚确定了一件事 |
[02:09] | Jane hated dancing salsa. | 简讨厌跳萨尔萨舞 |
[02:11] | But she loved her mother. | 但是她爱她的妈妈 |
[02:15] | Until… everything changed. | 直到一切都变了 |
[02:22] | See, recently, salsa became an obsession once again. | 瞧 最近简又迷上了萨尔萨舞 |
[02:25] | Tonight I am not just dancing for myself. I am dancing for Cuba! | 今晚我不只为自己而跳 更为古巴而跳 |
[02:31] | No way. That line is ridiculous. | 没门 那句台词太可笑了 |
[02:35] | At least for a character in Jane’s novel-in-progress. | 至少对于简正在写的小说里的角色是这样 |
[02:38] | Okay, much better. | 好的 好多了 |
[02:41] | Yeah. I would definitely say that. | 嗯 我绝对会那么说 |
[02:43] | With lust in my eyes. | 带着充满欲望的眼神 |
[02:46] | You sure you want to take two cars? | 你确定要开两辆车 |
[02:48] | And she was also– how to put this… | 并且她也 怎么说呢 |
[02:50] | Positive. I don’t want to ride with her. | 确定 我不想和她坐同一辆车 |
[02:52] | …hating her mother. | 讨厌她妈妈 |
[02:54] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[02:56] | We have five minutes. Back to me. | 还有五分钟 回到我身上 |
[02:58] | I was heaving passionately. | 我的身体激情地起伏 |
[03:09] | What? | 什么 |
[03:19] | So, listen, I was thinking about | 听着 我在想 |
[03:21] | this fight with your mom, | 你和你妈妈的争吵 |
[03:23] | and, I don’t know, maybe it’s time for a cease-fire there. | 我说不好 或许该休战了 |
[03:26] | I know she crossed a line. | 我知道她越界了 |
[03:27] | Oh, when she got trashed and made out with Lina’s guy? | 她喝醉了然后和琳娜的男人亲热吗 |
[03:29] | She did apologize. | 她道歉了 |
[03:30] | And I always forgive her. | 而我总是原谅她 |
[03:32] | That’s the problem. | 这就是问题 |
[03:33] | The problem is what Jane said when I apologized. | 问题是我道歉的时候简说的话 |
[03:36] | She called me a cautionary tale. | 她说我是警世寓言 |
[03:38] | And I meant what I said. | 我就是那个意思 |
[03:39] | She’s my daughter. | 她是我女儿 |
[03:40] | I’m just sick of having to act like her mother. | 我受够了当她妈 |
[03:42] | She can’t talk to me like that. | 她不能那样跟我说话 |
[03:44] | You know, she can’t behave like that. | 她不能那样做 |
[03:55] | See you there? | 到那儿见 |
[03:59] | Can you say “Mama”? | 你会说”妈妈”吗 |
[04:01] | Which brings us here, now. | 于是我们来到了这里 |
[04:03] | To the Villanueva house. | 维兰纽瓦家 |
[04:04] | Abuela. | 外婆 |
[04:05] | – Abuela. – Mama. | -外婆 -妈妈 |
[04:13] | Fine. Go ahead. I said everything I wanted to yesterday. | 好吧 你说 我想说的昨天都说了 |
[04:16] | And you’re not gonna apologize? | 你不打算道歉 |
[04:17] | Apologize? Me? | 道歉 我 |
[04:19] | Hello, hello. | 你们好 你们好 |
[04:25] | Sorry, I can’t remember her last name. | 抱歉 我不记得她姓什么了 |
[04:27] | It’s not important. | 那不重要 |
[04:28] | – Hello, Tammy. – Hey, Tammy. | -你好 塔米 -你好 塔米 |
[04:30] | The point is, she’s their insurance adjuster. | 重要的是 她是她们的保险精算人 |
[04:32] | Okay, so let’s see where we are in terms of damages. | 好的 我们来看看损坏程度 |
[04:34] | I’m no expert | 我不太懂行 |
[04:35] | but I’d say the damage is pretty substantial. | 但我得说损坏很严重 |
[04:37] | Thank you, baby. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[04:38] | – Please, come in. – Thank you. | -请进 -谢谢 |
[04:45] | Don’t hold your breath waiting for me to apologize. | 不要等我道歉 |
[04:49] | What I will do is have a serious discussion about your behavior. | 我要跟你严肃地讨论你的行为举止 |
[04:52] | Okay, wow. | 好的 |
[04:54] | Wow. Uh, here’s the good news. You have insurance. | 好消息是 你们有保险 |
[04:56] | Don’t talk to me like I’m a five-year-old. | 别把我当五岁小孩 |
[04:58] | I’m sorry. Uh, you’re not a five-year-old. | 抱歉 你不是五岁 |
[05:00] | You’re more like a 16-year-old. | 你更像是十六岁 |
[05:06] | She doesn’t get a vote, she’s leaving. | 她没选择权 她要离开了 |
[05:07] | Just keep Mom’s room the same, | 把妈妈的房间保持原样 |
[05:09] | because she’s gonna live here forever. | 因为她要永远住这儿了 |
[05:19] | Bye, Tammy. | 再见 塔米 |
[05:23] | Come on, Ma, I’ll drive you to work. | 来吧 妈 我开车送你去工作 |
[05:25] | Hello? Did you forget that you said that you’d watch Mateo? | 你忘了你说要照看马特奥吗 |
[05:27] | Oh. I thought you didn’t want me taking care of your child. | 我以为你不希望我照顾你的孩子 |
[05:32] | Since I’m so immature and irresponsible. | 鉴于我又幼稚又不负责任 |
[05:33] | Stop. You’re on the schedule, | 别说了 按计划轮到你了 |
[05:35] | and I need to meet with my advisor. | 我要去见我的导师 |
[05:37] | Not my problem. | 不关我的事 |
[05:38] | Xiomara. | 希尔玛拉 |
[05:39] | No, it’s fine, Abuela. He doesn’t need to learn | 没事的 外婆 他可不需要在学走路前 |
[05:42] | how to pound shots before he can walk. | 就学会喝酒 |
[05:47] | Oh, okay, this is bad. | 好吧 这可不太好 |
[05:49] | My schedule’s gonna implode. | 我的时间表会挤爆的 |
[05:50] | Ah yes, the sacred child care schedule. | 是啊 神圣的宝贝护理时间表 |
[05:53] | What every working parent relies on. | 每个有工作的父母都离不开它 |
[05:55] | Jane’s is, of course, more elaborate than most. | 简 当然 比大多数父母更加详尽 |
[05:57] | – I’ll watch Mateo. – Really? | -我会照顾马特奥的 -真的吗 |
[06:00] | Yeah, I’d love to. Are you kidding? | 是的 我很愿意 你开玩笑吗 |
[06:02] | I told you, I used to watch my cousin’s kids. | 我跟你说过的 我照顾过孩子 |
[06:03] | I know what I’m doing. Just send me the list. | 我知道怎么做 把清单发给我就好 |
[06:05] | – What lists? – Don’t “What list” me, I know there’s a list | -什么清单 -别装了 |
[06:08] | of instructions you’re dying to send me. | 我知道你有一清单的指示要告诉我 |
[06:10] | Just e-mail them to me, I want to do this right. | 直接电邮给我吧 我不想犯错 |
[06:11] | The more detail the better. | 越详细越好 |
[06:13] | You’re really turning me on right now. | 你成功地让我”兴奋”起来了 |
[06:22] | It’s your dad again. I’m supposed to remind you | 又是你爸爸 我应该提醒你 |
[06:23] | to pick out your wedding dress by Thursday | 周四之前去取婚纱 |
[06:25] | and see if you looked at something called | 还有你是否看过 |
[06:26] | a Lauren Conrad wedding calendar. | 劳伦·康拉德婚礼日历 |
[06:48] | – Hello, Rogelio. – Oh, uh, hello, | -你好 罗格里奥 -你好 |
[06:52] | dear network executives. Please, come in. | 亲爱的电视台主管 请进 |
[06:55] | To what do I owe this pleasant surprise? | 什么事让您光临寒舍 |
[06:57] | We’re here because of the new set you built. | 我们来这是因为你新建的东西 |
[07:00] | The house. | 房子 |
[07:01] | Ah, yes. | 没错 |
[07:02] | Rogelio’s grand gesture. | 罗格里奥的大动作 |
[07:04] | Here’s where you’re getting married. | 这是你结婚的地方 |
[07:05] | And, as you can see, the reception will spill out onto the soundstage. | 正如你所见 接待处会延伸到摄影棚里 |
[07:10] | You cannot use the crew for personal reasons. | 你不能出于私人目的使用员工 |
[07:12] | I don’t know what you heard, | 我不知道你听说了什么 |
[07:14] | but I did not | 但我没有 |
[07:16] | use the crew for personal reasons. | 出于私人目的使用员工 |
[07:19] | I had them build the house | 我让他们建房子 |
[07:21] | for Tiago’s next adventure, of course. | 当然是为了蒂亚戈的下段冒险 |
[07:23] | Tiago travels through time to epic moments in history. | 蒂亚戈穿越时空 经历历史上的重要时刻 |
[07:26] | This week he kills baby Hitler. | 这周他杀了婴儿时期的希特勒 |
[07:28] | What epic event can possibly be filmed in that house? | 有什么重要时刻能在那房子里拍吗 |
[07:32] | It’s an epic idea | 历史上重要的想法 |
[07:33] | told in a small, slice-of-life story. | 都是在平凡的生活故事中展现的啊 |
[07:36] | As Mark Twain said, | 正如马可·吐温所说 |
[07:38] | art is holding a mirror up to nature. | “艺术如持镜照自然” |
[07:41] | It was actually Shakespeare. | 其实是莎士比亚说的 |
[07:44] | So what’s the idea? | 所以是什么想法呢 |
[07:45] | No, no. | 不不 |
[07:46] | Another famous saying: show, don’t tell. | 还有一句名言 靠展示 不靠说辞 |
[07:49] | But trust me, the story will knock your socks off. | 但相信我 故事会让你大吃一惊的 |
[07:53] | Mind-blowing telenovela twists, | 令人惊讶的反转情节 |
[07:55] | but the kind that everyone can relate to. | 但是每个人都能有共鸣 |
[07:58] | Like being stressed because you got drunk | 比如处在焦虑中 因为喝多了 |
[08:00] | and made $5 million in an accidental insider trade. | 还参与内幕交易获利五百万 |
[08:03] | Totally relatable. | 很有共鸣 |
[08:04] | Excuse me, Mr. Solano? Barbara Fairwick’s on line one. | 索拉诺先生 芭芭拉·法维克在一号线 |
[08:07] | Barbara? | 芭芭拉 |
[08:09] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[08:11] | Who’s this Barbara Fairwick | 谁是芭芭拉·法维克 |
[08:12] | that’s got him so excited? | 让他如此兴奋 |
[08:14] | Barbara. How are you? | 芭芭拉 你好啊 |
[08:17] | Really? | 什么 |
[08:18] | Find Petra. Now. | 去找佩特拉 现在 |
[08:19] | Ah, yes. Petra. | 是的 佩特拉 |
[08:21] | That shower. Warm water, whole time. | 那个淋浴 全天温水 |
[08:24] | I feel like Ottokar the First. | 我感觉自己像奥托卡一世 |
[08:30] | Oops. There she is. | 她在这呢 |
[08:33] | In other relatable telenovela twists, | 这一段引人共鸣的肥皂剧桥段中 |
[08:35] | Petra’s secret twin showed up and… | 佩特拉的秘密姐妹现身了 |
[08:38] | Wait, I should show, not tell. | 等等 我应该靠展示 而不是靠说辞 |
[08:40] | Here’s where we left off. | 这是上次 |
[08:42] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[08:43] | My long-lost sister. | 我失散已久的姐姐 |
[08:45] | It’s you. It’s really you. | 是你 真的是你 |
[08:51] | Hey! I do that, too. Jumping when scared. | 我也做这个动作 被吓到会跳起来 |
[08:53] | I need personal space. Sometimes I scratch. | 我需要私人空间 有时候我会挠人的 |
[09:01] | And all my life, thinking I have no family. | 我这辈子一直以为自己没有家人 |
[09:04] | Look, I’m sorry, I don’t understand. | 不好意思 我不太明白 |
[09:05] | W… Where did you live? | 你一直住在哪 |
[09:09] | Orphanage. | 孤儿院 |
[09:10] | You seeing the movie Annie? | 你看过《安妮 纽约奇缘》吗 |
[09:12] | Like that. | 就像那样 |
[09:13] | Only no nice Miss Hannigan for us. | 不过没有汉根妮小姐照顾我们 |
[09:15] | And my Sandy was a rat. | 我的桑迪是只老鼠 |
[09:18] | You think I-I can bother you for a little bit more food? | 我可以再多要点吃的吗 |
[09:22] | Then I living in room with ten women | 之后我和十个女人住在一起 |
[09:24] | and one bring home magazine | 有天一个人带回来一本杂志 |
[09:26] | and they saying it looks like me, only beautiful. | 说这上面的人像我 但是更漂亮 |
[09:29] | It was you. | 那上面是你 |
[09:32] | So then, I go to government building | 之后我去了政府 |
[09:34] | and I find two certificate of birth. | 找到了两份出生证明 |
[09:37] | So then I sell goat | 所以我卖了羊 |
[09:38] | and I have money to come here. | 才有钱来到这 |
[09:40] | Well, that’s… quite the story. | 真是个 精彩的故事啊 |
[09:43] | Oh, you… | 你 |
[09:45] | you still have some, uh, chocolate on your finger. | 手上还有巧克力 |
[09:47] | No, uh, hair dye. | 是染发剂 |
[09:49] | I fix for you. | 我为见你染了这个 |
[09:51] | Roots make me look like old lady. | 不然原来的头发像老太太 |
[09:53] | Ah, yes. Prematurely gray. | 是的 少白头 |
[09:56] | It happens when you’ve lived a hard knock life. | 日子过得苦的时候就会这样 |
[10:00] | Which brings us back here. | 让我们再回到这里 |
[10:01] | I change, then I start to clean. | 我先换衣服 再打扫 |
[10:03] | – No, I get. – No, no! Wait. | -我来 -不不不 等等 |
[10:05] | Leaping lizards. | 我的天 |
[10:06] | Petra, I just talked to Barbara and it’s true. | 佩特拉 我和芭芭拉谈过了 是真的 |
[10:09] | She’s selling the Fairwick. | 她要卖掉法维克 |
[10:10] | Anezka! | 阿妮丝卡 |
[10:12] | Why don’t you go get changed? | 你去换衣服吧 |
[10:14] | Wait… What the…? | 等等 这是 |
[10:20] | This is unbelievable. | 这真是难以置信啊 |
[10:22] | And yet, somehow, just believable enough. | 其实很可信 |
[10:24] | I guess twins really do run in your family. | 我猜你家族真的有双胞胎基因 |
[10:26] | Oh, my God. Thank God my postpartum medication | 天啊 幸好我的药 |
[10:27] | also helps with anxiety. | 同样可以缓解焦虑 |
[10:30] | – Wait, so Barbara really wants to sell the Fairwick? – Yep. | -等等 芭芭拉真的想卖掉法维克 -是的 |
[10:34] | Lachlan overspent on construction, she fired him, | 拉克伦在建设上花了太多钱 被她开除了 |
[10:37] | and now she just wants out. Which means | 现在她只想退出 也就是说 |
[10:38] | I can scoop it up at a fire sale, increase our beachfront. | 我可以趁低价拿下它 增加我们的海滩 |
[10:41] | And it’s got the golf club, which is guaranteed revenue. | 那里有高尔夫俱乐部 能保证收入 |
[10:43] | You can stop floating the Marbella. | 你就不用负债经营玛贝拉了 |
[10:45] | And then our views will never be blocked. | 我们这边的视野也不会被挡住了 |
[10:47] | Can you afford it? | 能买得起吗 |
[10:49] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[10:50] | But I am meeting with my money managers. | 但我正和资金管理人商谈 |
[10:54] | Wish me luck with my advisor. | 祝我和顾问的谈话一切顺利 |
[10:56] | Luck! | 祝你好运 |
[10:57] | And as for why you’re really calling, Mateo is fine. | 我知道你想问什么 马特奥很好 |
[11:00] | We’re just sitting here, reading books. | 我们坐着看看书 |
[11:02] | – You are not. – Okay. | -你才没有 -好吧 |
[11:04] | We’re superheroes. And anticipating your next question, | 我们在扮演超级英雄 等着你的下个问题 |
[11:07] | he ate mashed up blueberries | 他刚才在吃蓝莓酱 |
[11:08] | and smeared them on his onesie. | 然后抹在了他的衣服上 |
[11:10] | Oh, no. Not the one that Glamma bought. | 不 不会是奶奶买的那件吧 |
[11:13] | But I consulted your List Number Three, | 我参考了你的第三张表 |
[11:15] | Subcategory Laundry, Item Number Four. | 洗衣类 第四项 |
[11:17] | Used Dreft: Active Baby, good as new. | 用卓夫特洗衣液 衣物洁净如新 |
[11:19] | Amazing. You’re amazing. Thank you so much for babysitting. | 棒极了 你太棒了 谢谢你照顾他 |
[11:24] | Of course. | 没什么 |
[11:25] | Uh, good luck with Professor Donaldson. | 祝你和唐纳森教授见面一切顺利 |
[11:29] | Well, it still feels a little flat. | 还是有些平淡 |
[11:31] | And, like, all about romance. | 全是浪漫情节 |
[11:35] | Well, it-it is a romance novel. | 因为就是浪漫小说啊 |
[11:40] | I just wish the work incorporated some critique of the genre. | 我只是希望能体现一些批判性特征 |
[11:43] | I mean, all this march to the wedding stuff seems so outdated. | 婚礼有关的进展看起来都太过时了 |
[11:46] | Though it-it does take place in 1962. | 因为…故事发生在1962年 |
[11:49] | Yeah, but we are not living in that time period. | 没错 但我们没生活在那个年代 |
[11:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:56] | uh, my dad must’ve changed my ringtone. | 一定是我爸把铃声换了 |
[12:04] | I hear you. | 我明白了 |
[12:05] | It feels flat. | 太平淡 |
[12:05] | And I will juice it up and get you new pages | 我这就去丰富情节然后给你看 |
[12:07] | and get this novel done by deadline, | 保证在最后期限前完成 |
[12:10] | no problem. | 没问题 |
[12:12] | Then why does it feel like a problem? | 那为什么感觉像是有问题呢 |
[12:14] | Nice suit. | 西装不错 |
[12:16] | Turns out bankers want you | 银行家喜欢别人 |
[12:17] | to look businesslike when you ask them to loan you large sums of money. | 向他们申请大笔贷款时穿得衣装笔挺 |
[12:21] | I might be buying the Fairwick. | 我要去买下法维克 |
[12:23] | What? Really? | 什么 真的吗 |
[12:25] | I can just scrape together enough. | 我刚好能凑够钱 |
[12:26] | It’s a good investment, you know, long-term. | 这是个不错的长期投资项目 |
[12:29] | Well, I hope it works out. | 希望一切顺利 |
[12:31] | And if you need an extra couple hundred bucks… | 如果你还差几百块钱 |
[12:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:34] | I’ll head up with you. I’ll say hi to Mateo. | 我和你一起上去 我去和马特奥打个招呼 |
[12:37] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[12:39] | Michael’s watching him. | 迈克尔在照顾他 |
[12:43] | – Michael? – Yeah. Um, my mom canceled,and you had a meeting. | -迈克尔 -对 我妈不干 你要开会 |
[12:46] | No, I totally get it. | 没关系 我理解 |
[12:47] | Just a little surprised. | 只是有点意外 |
[12:50] | He’s experienced with babies? | 他有照顾孩子的经验吗 |
[12:52] | Yeah, he actually is. | 是的 他还真有 |
[12:54] | Hmm, that’s… that’s great. | 那…那太棒了 |
[13:00] | Hello. Hi! | 你们好 |
[13:01] | – Who’s that? – Daddy’s here. | -快看谁来了 -爸爸来了 |
[13:07] | – How was it? – It was great. We had a lot of fun. | -怎么样 -棒极了 我们玩得很开心 |
[13:11] | That’s great. Hey, buddy. | 好极了 嗨 伙计 |
[13:12] | Come here. Oh, come to Daddy. | 来 爸爸抱你 |
[13:15] | I missed you. | 我想你了 |
[13:16] | And, friends, that’s when Mateo said his first word. | 朋友们 这时马特奥开口说了第一个词 |
[13:18] | Da-da! | 爸爸 |
[13:22] | Unfortunately, he said it to the wrong man. | 遗憾的是 他把对象搞错了 |
[13:27] | “Da” Is one of those easier sounds for a baby to make. | “哒”是婴儿最早发出的声音之一 |
[13:29] | Like, it-it means nothing. | 那不代表什么 |
[13:30] | Dada. | 爸爸 |
[13:31] | We get it, Mateo. Enough. Stop showing off! | 我们知道了 马特奥 别再显摆了 |
[13:38] | Okay, here we are, with Jane. | 好了 我们来看看简 |
[13:40] | Trying to write. | 正努力写作 |
[13:41] | And move on from that Dada debacle. | 想忘记那场”爸爸”灾难 |
[13:53] | It should be noted that this is what Jane wanted to say… | 值得注意的是 简真正想说的是 |
[13:56] | Oh, my God, Mom, | 天啊 妈 |
[13:57] | Mateo called Michael “Dada” in front of Rafael. | 马特奥在拉斐尔面前叫迈克尔“爸爸” |
[14:00] | And here’s what she actually said. | 而她实际上说的是 |
[14:08] | Please, | 请收下 |
[14:09] | it’s a small gesture. | 一点小意思 |
[14:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:17] | Fine. I admit, | 好吧 我说 |
[14:19] | I’m trying to sweet-talk you into something. | 我在甜言蜜语哄你帮我做件事 |
[14:21] | Well, I’m not an actor. I don’t thrill to my own image | 我不是演员 我不像你们那样 |
[14:23] | in quite the same way you do. | 把喜悦写在脸上 |
[14:25] | Might I suggest Kylie’s Lip Kit? | 我能推荐凯莉的唇彩套装吗 |
[14:28] | Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase. | 总之 我就直说了 |
[14:30] | I need a very special story written for Tiago. | 蒂亚戈需要一场特别的戏 |
[14:33] | So I thought, no, who’s the smartest, | 然后我就想 谁是我认识的 |
[14:36] | best writer I know? | 最聪明 最棒的编剧 |
[14:40] | What’s the story? | 什么情节 |
[14:41] | It’s about a house. | 是关于一间房子的 |
[14:42] | A small, modest, ordinary house. | 一间狭小 朴素 平凡的房子 |
[14:48] | Are you asking me to base a story on a set? | 你是叫我根据舞台布景进行创作吗 |
[14:50] | Yes, exactly. | 没错 |
[14:51] | Rogelio, that is not how the writing process works. | 罗格里奥 写作的过程不是这样的 |
[14:54] | What about Titanic? Based on a boat. | 那泰坦尼克号呢 不就是基于一艘船写的 |
[14:57] | Write me Titanic in a house. | 给我写一出室内的泰坦尼克号 |
[15:00] | Please. | 求你了 |
[15:01] | My writers have produced nothing but turds | 我的编剧写的都是垃圾 |
[15:04] | despite the many, many motivating e-mails i have sent them. | 我还发了那么多封邮件激励他们 |
[15:07] | 致蒂亚戈编剧 重写一次 | |
[15:22] | – I want ten percent above my quote. – Done. | -我要高出报价的百分之十 -没问题 |
[15:24] | – An executive producer credit. – Signed, sealed, delivered. | -执行制片 -包在我身上 |
[15:26] | And I have a niece who wants to act. | 我还有个想演戏的侄女 |
[15:28] | What does she look like? | 她长得怎么样 |
[15:30] | I’m just… I’m-I’m kidding. | 我…我在开玩笑 |
[15:31] | I’m kidding. She’s hired. It’s a deal. | 我开玩笑的 她被录用了 说好了 |
[15:35] | And speaking of deals, | 说到交易 |
[15:37] | Rafael and Petra were also hoping to make one. | 拉斐尔和佩特拉也想达成一个交易 |
[15:40] | Barbara, thank you so much for taking the time to meet with us. | 芭芭拉 谢谢你抽时间来见我们 |
[15:43] | And I just want to reiterate that our intention | 我想重申我们的目的 |
[15:44] | is to preserve the history and integrity of the Fairwick. | 是保护法维克酒店的历史和完整 |
[15:47] | I get a good feeling about you. | 我对你的印象很不错 |
[15:50] | Oh, stop. I’m a hugger. | 得了吧 我更喜欢拥抱 |
[15:53] | You, too, sweetie. | 还有你 亲爱的 |
[15:56] | I will be in touch. | 我会再联系你的 |
[16:00] | – You were great. – You were great. | -你太棒了 -你太棒了 |
[16:02] | Almost makes up for the whole “Dada” Thing. | 几乎弥补了”爸爸”那件事 |
[16:04] | Well, this dada just secured his children’s legacy. | 爸爸刚争取到了孩子的遗产 |
[16:08] | – Dada. – All right, Mateo. Shh. Nap time. | -爸爸 -好了 马特奥 该睡觉了 |
[16:14] | Ah, finally. | 终于 |
[16:15] | Time to make some progress on that rewrite. | 是时候抓紧重写了 |
[16:18] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[16:21] | I knew our fight was a misunderstanding. | 我就知道我们的争吵是场误会 |
[16:25] | A few ballistic missiles can’t keep us apart. | 几颗弹道导弹根本不能将我们分开 |
[16:28] | Please, Jane, I know that Robert will propose soon. | 简 我知道罗伯特就快求婚了 |
[16:31] | Friends, Jane was in the zone. | 朋友们 简已进入状态了 |
[16:33] | Riding the wave. In the flow. | 势如破竹 灵感不断 |
[16:36] | And our bodies are so close I can feel his heart beat. | 我们的身体如此接近 我能感到他的心跳 |
[16:39] | And just then there was a knock at the door. | 就在那时 有人敲门 |
[16:42] | What? | 什么 |
[16:45] | Oh, my God, I lost track of time. Is it 1:00? | 天啊 我忘记时间了 已经一点了 |
[16:47] | – Sure is. – Okay. | -是啊 -好吧 |
[16:49] | Good. Uh, he’s napping, | 他在睡觉 |
[16:50] | – so I’ll just go wake him. – Uh, wait, real quick. | -我去叫醒他 -等一下 |
[16:51] | I just need to talk to you about something. | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[16:55] | I want more time with Mateo. | 我想要更多时间陪马特奥 |
[16:57] | Three days a week instead of two. | 一个礼拜三天而不是两天 |
[16:58] | Uh, is this because of the whole “Dada” Thing? | 是因为他喊爸爸的那件事吗 |
[17:00] | Because he’s been calling me “Dada” all morning. | 他一早上也在喊我爸爸 |
[17:02] | It just brought up the fact | 这只是让我明白了 |
[17:03] | that I want to be the man most present in Mateo’s life, | 我有多么希望成为马特奥生命中最常出现的男人 |
[17:06] | and I think I should be. | 我也觉得我应该成为 |
[17:08] | Yeah. Yeah, I get that. | 我懂的 |
[17:10] | Um, you’re his father. | 你是他的父亲 |
[17:13] | And speaking of a present father. | 说到现任的父亲 |
[17:15] | Jane, surprise. | 简 惊喜吧 |
[17:16] | Welcome to wedding central. | 欢迎来到婚礼中心 |
[17:19] | Also known as Jane’s office at school. | 也就是简在学校的办公室 |
[17:21] | Dad, what is going on? | 爸爸 发生什么了 |
[17:23] | If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad will… | 山不过来找穆罕默德 那穆罕默德就 |
[17:27] | take seven different tiaras to the mountain. | 带着七顶不同的皇冠去找山 |
[17:30] | You look beautiful. | 你看上去美极了 |
[17:31] | Maybe we could do a religious conversion story for Tiago. | 也许我们可以写蒂亚戈转变宗教信仰的故事 |
[17:33] | No, no, no, no, no, no, God is not sexy. | 不不不 上帝一点也不性感 |
[17:36] | Listen, we have fallen behind LC’s wedding pre-checklist. | 我们已经落后于婚礼进度单了 |
[17:39] | We have to make some decision. | 我们得做决定了 |
[17:41] | Here. What do you think? | 给 你觉得怎么样 |
[17:42] | Dad, this is not a great time. I have a meeting in ten minutes. | 爸爸 现在时机不太好 我十分钟后要开会 |
[17:45] | That’s all I need. | 我只要十分钟 |
[17:46] | Jane, could you please look at all this wedding stuff | 简 你就看看这些婚礼物品吧 |
[17:48] | so I can get him to concentrate on our script? | 然后好让他专心于剧本 |
[17:49] | Fine. Go, Dad. What’s on your checklist? | 好 说吧爸爸 单子上有些什么 |
[17:51] | First, please tell me you and your mom went back | 首先 请告诉我你和你妈妈 |
[17:53] | to the dress shop. | 回到了婚纱店 |
[17:57] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[18:00] | I love it so much. | 我太爱它了 |
[18:03] | Mom, you said that about all three of them. | 妈妈 你对三件衣服都这么说 |
[18:07] | Take your time. | 你慢慢来 |
[18:08] | Take some pictures. | 拍点照片 |
[18:10] | Sleep on it. | 慢慢考虑 |
[18:12] | No, not yet. | 不 现在还不行 |
[18:12] | Everyone knows that alterations take at least a month. | 改衣服至少得一个月 |
[18:15] | Okay, I’ll go this week. | 好吧 我这星期去 |
[18:17] | Jane. Why are you and your mom fighting? | 简 你和你妈妈为什么吵架 |
[18:20] | Nice tiara. | 这皇冠不错 |
[18:21] | Welcome to wedding central! | 欢迎来到婚礼中心 |
[18:23] | Uh, Dad, this is my advisor. | 爸爸 这是我的导师 |
[18:25] | Great. Please advise Jane on some wedding decisions. | 好的 请指导简的婚礼 |
[18:28] | She has less than six weeks. | 她只有六个星期不到了 |
[18:29] | No, Dad, Marlene’s not really a wedding person. | 不 爸爸 玛琳对婚礼一窍不通 |
[18:31] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我知道了 |
[18:33] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[18:34] | There’s still a chance for you. | 你还有机会 |
[18:36] | Many people marry later in life. | 很多人在人生后半段才结婚 |
[18:38] | Don’t lose hope. | 别失去希望 |
[18:44] | I just wanted to apologize again for my dad. | 我想替我爸爸再次向你道歉 |
[18:45] | – He did not mean to offend you. – I’m not offended. | -他不是故意冒犯你的 -我没有被冒犯 |
[18:48] | You seem offended. | 你看上去被冒犯了 |
[18:49] | Frankly, your assumption that I would be offended is offensive. | 老实说 你觉得我被冒犯了比较冒犯我 |
[18:53] | I don’t want to get married, Jane. | 我不想结婚 简 |
[18:55] | So, please, don’t put me in your suffocating marriage plot. | 所以别让我掺和你令人窒息的婚礼 |
[19:00] | Got it. Sorry. | 我知道了 抱歉 |
[19:02] | My whole life is not built around that goal. | 我的生活不是为了这个目标而转的 |
[19:04] | And neither is mine. | 我的也不是 |
[19:05] | Did I say it was? | 我说你是了吗 |
[19:07] | – I mean, yeah, basically. – No. | -你不就是这个意思嘛 -没有 |
[19:11] | So about the chapter that I sent you. | 关于我发给你的那一章节 |
[19:14] | Well, it made me sad. | 让我很伤心 |
[19:17] | But at least now I have some context… | 但至少有了一些上下文 |
[19:18] | I’m sorry. Can I ask you? | 不好意思 我能问件事吗 |
[19:21] | Is your problem with me or my writing? | 你是对我还是对我写的东西不满意 |
[19:24] | Both, frankly. | 老实说 都不满意 |
[19:25] | Well, “Frankly,” I’m not too thrilled with you either. | 好吧 老实说 我也不喜欢你 |
[19:29] | But you know what, lucky for both of us, | 不过 我们也够幸运的 |
[19:31] | it’s almost the end of the year, so we really don’t have | 已经到学年末了 我们也不用 |
[19:33] | to put up with each other that much longer. | 忍受对方太久了 |
[19:34] | And speaking of longer-term problems… | 说到长期问题 |
[19:37] | So you found each other. | 所以你们找到了对方 |
[19:39] | That’s all you’re going to say, Mother? | 这就是你想说的全部吗 妈妈 |
[19:41] | We need an explanation. | 我们需要一个解释 |
[19:42] | Explanation? | 解释 |
[19:44] | I was pregnant, all alone, behind Iron Curtain. | 我怀孕了 一个人 在铁幕后 |
[19:48] | I could not afford one child, let alone two. | 我连一个孩子都养不起 别说两个了 |
[19:51] | So I pick pretty one. | 所以我挑了好看的那个 |
[19:54] | Plus you always were shaking. | 再说你总是在颤抖 |
[19:58] | I-I have medical condition. | 我有药物反应 |
[20:05] | Just when I think you can’t sink any lower, Mother, | 我还以为你不会再堕落下去 妈妈 |
[20:08] | you always find another way down. | 你总是能找到新的法子 |
[20:09] | I have regrets, like I said… | 我很后悔 我也说了 |
[20:11] | Wrong choice. | 选错了 |
[20:13] | Remember, | 记住 |
[20:14] | I did say those words would come back to haunt Petra. | 我说过这句话后来一直困扰着佩特拉 |
[20:17] | Now I see you are the much prettier one. | 现在我知道你才是更漂亮的那个 |
[20:20] | My other daughter is an ungrateful bitch. | 而我的另一个女儿是不知好歹的婊子 |
[20:24] | No. You don’t dare talk about her. | 闭嘴 你没资格说她 |
[20:27] | She’s wonderful, kind, American success story. | 她很棒 善良 励志的美国成功故事 |
[20:31] | Yeah, right. Let me give you some motherly advice, dear. | 是吗 让我给你一点慈母的建议吧 亲爱的 |
[20:34] | Don’t expect anything from her. | 别对她期望太多 |
[20:36] | Trust me, she’s plotting to get rid of you already. | 相信我 她已经在计划除掉你了 |
[20:41] | Because she only cares about herself. | 因为她只在乎自己 |
[20:44] | But, see, you’re wrong, Mother. | 你错了 妈妈 |
[20:48] | I care about Anezka, which is why she’ll be staying in Miami. | 我在乎阿妮丝卡 我会让她留在迈阿密 |
[20:52] | With me. | 和我一起 |
[20:53] | And you’ll be staying in prison. | 而你会呆在监狱 |
[20:54] | Alone. | 一个人 |
[20:56] | Come on, Anezka. | 走吧 阿妮丝卡 |
[20:58] | Yes. | 好 |
[20:59] | Thanking you, beautiful sister. Thanking you. | 谢谢你 我美丽的姐姐 谢谢 |
[21:09] | Better than the first one? | 比第一件好 |
[21:17] | – Okay. Boobies aside, though… – You’re back! | -好吧 别谈胸了 -你回来了 |
[21:21] | Where’s your mother? | 你妈妈呢 |
[21:23] | She’s not here. I’m deciding without her. | 她不在这里 我一个人做决定 |
[21:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:28] | So is this the one? | 就决定这件了吗 |
[21:35] | I’m still not sure. Yeah, I-I think I just need | 我还不确定 我还需要一个晚上 |
[21:38] | one more night to think about it. | 好好想一想 |
[21:41] | – I don’t think. I know. – Ma’am, | -我不是觉得 是知道 -夫人 |
[21:44] | this woman says you stole her wallet. | 这个女人说你偷了她的钱包 |
[21:46] | – Excuse me? – You were following me around the pool, | -是吗 -你一直在泳池边跟踪我 |
[21:48] | next thing, my wallet’s gone. | 然后我的钱包就没了 |
[21:50] | And I never forget a face! | 我记脸可准呢 |
[21:54] | – Did you steal a wallet? – No. I stole three wallets. | -你是不是偷了一个钱包 -不 我偷了三个钱包 |
[21:58] | Anezka! How could you do that? | 阿妮丝卡 你怎么能这么做呢 |
[22:00] | Was easy. I was pickpocket in Czech Republic. | 很简单 我在捷克的时候就是小偷 |
[22:03] | This is my hotel. | 这是我的宾馆 |
[22:05] | I only wanting to buy for you present for thank you. | 我只是想给你买点礼物谢谢你 |
[22:08] | No, no presents, okay? | 不 别买礼物 好吗 |
[22:10] | No presents, and | 不要礼物 |
[22:11] | no stealing, you understand? | 也别再偷东西了 你明白吗 |
[22:13] | Yes. Yes. | 好的 |
[22:15] | Nope. | 不 |
[22:16] | Don’t like it at all. | 我一点也不喜欢 |
[22:17] | – Well, thanks for not mincing your words. – It’s just not you. | -哦 谢谢你这么委婉 -这不像你 |
[22:20] | For your wedding, you have to look like you. | 这是你的婚礼 你至少得像你自己 |
[22:23] | She sounds pretty sure of herself | 她和简才认识七个月 |
[22:24] | for someone who’s known Jane for all of seven months. | 听上去自信过头了 |
[22:26] | – I’m telling you, the first one. – Yeah, maybe. | -我告诉你 选第一个 -也许吧 |
[22:29] | Oh, hey, did you get your letter about next year? | 你收到下一年的通知信了吗 |
[22:32] | – I got mine this morning. – Letter? | -今早我收到了 -通知信 |
[22:34] | The notification you’re gonna be invited | 邀请我们回去参加 |
[22:36] | back to the grad program? | 研究生项目的通知 |
[22:37] | Wait. I thought that was just, like, formality. | 等等 我以为那只是走过场 |
[22:40] | Yeah. I just mean that I got the actual physical letter. | 是的 我只是说我收到了实物信件 |
[22:44] | I’m sure yours is coming. | 你的肯定会寄来的 |
[22:46] | Yeah. Yeah, totally. | 嗯 肯定的 |
[22:48] | Wait. So, who decides that? | 等等 由谁决定的 |
[22:49] | – Like, the dean, or…? – Not the dean. | -是院长还是… -不是院长 |
[22:52] | – Don’t say it! – Your advisor. | -别说 -是你的导师 |
[22:56] | Oh, no! No, no, no, no! | 不 糟了 糟了 |
[23:01] | So, again, thanks for seeing me on such short notice. | 再次感谢你这么快能抽空见我 |
[23:05] | Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine | 言归正传 我的一个朋友跟我说 |
[23:07] | who got a letter about enrolling in the program next year, | 她收到了下一年参加课程的通知信 |
[23:10] | and I haven’t gotten mine yet, | 但是我还没收到 |
[23:12] | so I just wanted to check in, make sure there was no problem. | 所以我只是想来看看 确保没有问题 |
[23:15] | No problem. I just haven’t made my decision yet. | 没问题 我只是还没做出决定 |
[23:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:23] | You know I wonder if, well, because of our differences… | 我想知道 因为我们的分歧 |
[23:27] | well, that you can’t be objective about me. | 你无法客观地看待我 |
[23:29] | You mean because you verbally assaulted me? | 你是说因为你口头辱骂我吗 |
[23:33] | I wouldn’t call it that. | 不是那样的 |
[23:34] | Regardless, I can assure you I can remain objective. | 不管怎样 我可以向你保证我能保持客观 |
[23:36] | I can separate you, Jane, the person… | 我可以把你这个人 |
[23:40] | Whom she hates. | 是她讨厌的人 |
[23:41] | …from your work. | 和你的作品分开看待 |
[23:42] | Which she also hates. | 也是她讨厌的 |
[23:43] | Well… what a relief. | 真是松了一口气 |
[23:45] | If I like your next rewrite, you’ll get that letter. | 如果我喜欢你下一次改写 你就会收到通知信 |
[23:50] | Which brings us here. | 于是我们来到这里 |
[23:54] | No! What have you done?! | 不 你干了什么 |
[23:55] | I’m sorry, but I can’t get kicked out of school, | 抱歉 但我不能被人赶出学校 |
[23:58] | and that means giving Marlene a revision she doesn’t hate! | 所以要给玛琳一份她不讨厌的改写 |
[24:00] | So you’re tearing me away from Robert? | 所以你要我彻底离开罗伯特吗 |
[24:03] | How can I change my feelings now that you’ve made me | 你已经让我深深地爱上了他 |
[24:05] | fall so deeply in love with him?! | 我怎么能改变我的感情呢 |
[24:07] | I don’t know. I just know that it has to be less about | 不知道 我只知道必须少一些 |
[24:09] | romantic love and-and more about… | 浪漫的爱情 多一些 |
[24:14] | …something I haven’t figured out yet. | 我还没想出来的东西 |
[24:20] | I don’t get it. Why did we move? | 我不懂 我们为什么要换地方 |
[24:21] | Because I wasn’t feeling the flow in my office. | 因为在办公室里 我感受不到文思泉涌 |
[24:23] | I need to feel the flow. | 我必须要感受到 |
[24:26] | Wait. What?! No! | 等等 什么 不 |
[24:28] | You are making me a salsa-dancer, | 你在强迫我跳萨尔萨舞 |
[24:29] | slash-government assassin?! | 同时还当政府的刺客 |
[24:32] | Jane, I can’t! I hate guns! | 简 我做不到 我讨厌枪 |
[24:35] | No. | 不 |
[24:37] | No, please don’t make me do it. | 不 求你别逼我 |
[24:40] | You know you can’t mix genres like this! | 你不能这样混搭风格 |
[24:48] | Jane, that’s not how it works. | 简 这样不行 |
[24:50] | You can’t just turn me into a lesbian! | 你不能就这样把我写成女同 |
[24:54] | See? Tons of beautiful, | 看到没 一大群美丽 |
[24:57] | scantily-clad women, | 穿着暴露的女人 |
[24:59] | and I feel nothing. | 而我毫无感觉 |
[25:04] | Well, not nothing. | 也不是毫无感觉 |
[25:13] | 提醒 和阿尔芭在《电视圈》舞台见面 | |
[25:17] | Oh, you gonna say bye to Mommy? | 要跟妈咪说拜拜咯 |
[25:19] | Have the best day ever with Daddy, huh? | 和爸爸玩得开心 |
[25:23] | And you’re sure you can watch him all day? | 你确定一整天都能照看他吗 |
[25:25] | – Because Chepa’s unavailable, so… – Jane. | -因为琪帕没空 -简 |
[25:27] | I’m sure. Go. | 我可以的 去吧 |
[25:30] | Bye. Let’s go. Let’s go, buddy! | 拜 我们走咯 小家伙 |
[25:32] | What if the house is a 1950’s bomb shelter? | 如果房子是1950年的防空洞呢 |
[25:35] | You’re a scientist… | 你是个科学家 |
[25:36] | No, no, no, boring. No one cares about science. | 不不 没劲 没人喜欢科学家 |
[25:38] | Jane, this way. I’ve made your grandmother | 简 这边 我给你外婆做了 |
[25:40] | wonderful wallpaper samples | 漂亮的墙纸样板 |
[25:41] | to help with her redecorating dilemma. | 帮她解决重新装修的难题 |
[25:47] | I didn’t know… | 我不知道她也来了 |
[25:49] | – What’s she doing here? – Enough is enough! | -她怎么来了 -别吵了 |
[25:51] | You two need to talk! | 你们俩要好好谈谈 |
[25:53] | Is this some kind of ambush? | 这算是埋伏吗 |
[25:54] | No, we were just coming to walk through the set. | 不是 我们只是来看看场景 |
[25:56] | Of course it’s an ambush. | 当然是埋伏 |
[25:58] | You shouldn’t be fighting at a time like this. | 你们不该在这种时候吵架 |
[26:01] | Because you’re not only mother and daughter, | 因为你们不只是母女 |
[26:03] | but you’re best friends. | 还是最好朋友 |
[26:04] | See, but that is just it. | 问题就在这里 |
[26:06] | I don’t want a best friend all the time. | 我要的不只是好朋友 |
[26:08] | Sometimes, I want a mom who is responsible and practical and… | 有时 我想要一个有责任感 实事求是 |
[26:14] | wouldn’t have let me quit salsa lessons. | 不会让我退出萨尔萨舞课的妈妈 |
[26:15] | Wh… | 什 |
[26:17] | You-you begged me to let you quit. | 是你求我让你退出的 |
[26:19] | But you shouldn’t have let me. | 但你不该让我退出 |
[26:22] | That’s what I’m saying. | 这就是我想说的 |
[26:23] | If you’d made me stick it out, | 如果你让我坚持到底 |
[26:25] | I’d know how to dance salsa | 我就会跳萨尔萨舞 |
[26:26] | and I would have been better for it in the long run. | 长远来看 我会跳得更好 |
[26:28] | Are you serious? You sucked! | 你开玩笑吧 你跳得太烂了 |
[26:31] | You see? | 瞧见没 |
[26:33] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[26:34] | I can’t do this. | 我没法和她谈 |
[26:51] | Oh, right. It’s a set. | 没错 是个场景 |
[26:54] | How hard can it be to think of a story set in a house? | 要想出一个屋里的故事场景能有多难呢 |
[26:57] | I hate all of these ideas! | 我讨厌这些点子 |
[26:59] | Well, you know what? | 不如这样吧 |
[27:00] | Maybe you should get another writer. | 也许你应该另找一个编剧 |
[27:02] | No. No, no, wait, wait! Wait, I’m sorry. | 不不不 等等 等等 对不起 |
[27:04] | I’m sorry. It’s just that I have a lot on my mind. | 对不起 只是有很多事让我烦心 |
[27:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:09] | How about… | 那不如 |
[27:10] | It’s about Jane and Xiomara, obviously. | 显然是因为简和希尔玛拉 |
[27:13] | I’ve never seen them like this. | 我从未看她们吵成这样 |
[27:15] | And the timing couldn’t be worse. | 现在吵架是最不合时宜的 |
[27:17] | Hello, the timing is the whole point. | 这时候才是最关键的 |
[27:20] | What? | 什么 |
[27:21] | Come on. It’s so obvious! | 拜托 很明显 |
[27:23] | And so, Dina explained to Rogelio | 所以 迪娜给罗格里奥解释了 |
[27:26] | what was really going on between Jane and Xiomara. | 简和希尔玛拉之间到底是怎么回事 |
[27:29] | And let’s just say… | 可以说 |
[27:30] | it rang true. | 似乎是这样 |
[27:32] | You are brilliant. | 你太聪明了 |
[27:36] | I’ve said that before, | 我以前也这么说过 |
[27:37] | but I never meant it until this moment. | 但从来都不是我的本意 直到这一刻 |
[27:39] | And now, | 现在 |
[27:40] | I know how to fix this. | 我知道该如何挽救她们的关系了 |
[27:51] | Aren’t you hungry? | 你不饿吗 |
[27:52] | Maybe you should go get some lunch. | 也许你该去吃午饭 |
[27:54] | No. No, I don’t deserve food. | 不不 我不应该吃东西 |
[27:56] | Anezka, stop. The wallets are returned, | 阿妮丝卡 别这样 钱包已经还回去 |
[27:59] | we apologized, it’s fine. Please. | 我们也道歉了 没事了 |
[28:02] | Go get some lunch, so I can concentrate. | 去吃东西吧 这样我才能专心做事 |
[28:06] | Oh, and charge it to me. | 记在我账上 |
[28:07] | Don’t steal it. | 别偷东西 |
[28:08] | Yes. So sorry again. | 是的 再次抱歉 |
[28:18] | Well, hello, there you are! | 你在这呢 |
[28:27] | You… | 你 |
[28:36] | Jane, hi. | 简 |
[28:37] | – Are you okay? Is everything okay? – Yes. Yes, yes. | -你还好吧 没事吧 -没事 没事 |
[28:38] | Is there any way that you can take Mateo? | 能帮我照看一下马特奥吗 |
[28:40] | – Now? – It’s just kind of an emergency. | -现在吗 -事出紧急 |
[28:42] | The hotel deal’s falling through | 酒店交易快要吹了 |
[28:43] | because Petra’s sister attacked the owner… | 因为佩特拉的妹妹打了业主 |
[28:45] | Wait, what? Petra’s sister? | 等等 什么 佩特拉的妹妹 |
[28:46] | Oh. Right. | 对了 |
[28:49] | So now we might be out of a deal | 我们可能无法达成交易 |
[28:50] | and I gotta go beg Barbara… | 我得去求芭芭拉… |
[28:52] | Well, I’ve got a meeting with my advisor | 可我要去见导师 |
[28:53] | and my grandma’s out. | 外婆也出门了 |
[28:54] | What about your mom? I saw her by the pool… | 那你妈呢 我在泳池边看到她了 |
[28:56] | No, no, that’s not even an option. | 不行 绝对不能找她 |
[28:58] | Whatever, I’ll just take him to school and… | 不管了 我直接带他去学校 |
[29:01] | J.J.’s supposed to be there, | 小洁应该在那儿 |
[29:02] | so hopefully she’ll watch him while I’m in my meeting. | 希望她能在开会时帮我照看 |
[29:05] | Which brings us here, now. | 于是我们看到了接下来的这一幕 |
[29:07] | And while I’ve come around to agreeing with your note, | 当我想根据你的意见改变写作思路时 |
[29:10] | it is a rather big one… | 我发现还挺困难的… |
[29:11] | Take the romance out of your romance novel. | 把浪漫元素从浪漫小说中剔除 |
[29:14] | …and so, in order to address it fully… | 所以 为了能更全面地完成… |
[29:19] | I just think that I need a little more time. | 我觉得我需要多一点时间 |
[29:26] | And if, um… | 如果… |
[29:29] | Oh. I’m so sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打扰到你们了 |
[29:30] | It’s just that he’s been screaming nonstop | 只是他一直哭喊个不停 |
[29:32] | or calling me “Dada.” | 叫我”爸爸” |
[29:33] | Oh, it’s okay, it’s okay, Mateo. | 没事的 没事的 马特奥 |
[29:37] | I-I’m sorry. This was… | 很抱歉 很显然… |
[29:39] | clearly not supposed to happen. | 不该发生这种事情 |
[29:43] | It’s just, I’m in a really big fight with my mom. | 我和我妈大吵了一架 |
[29:45] | – She usually watches him. – Are you crying? | -通常都是她在照看他 -你在哭吗 |
[29:48] | Jane, no! | 简 别这样 |
[29:49] | This is worse than sex crying! | 这比做爱的时候哭还可怕 |
[29:51] | No. No… | 没有 没有啊 |
[29:52] | – Yes, you are! – No, I’m not! | -你明明就有 -我没有 |
[29:54] | – I can see the tears! – Okay, fine! | -我能看到你的眼泪 -好吧 我认了 |
[29:56] | Fine, I’m crying, okay? | 没错 我是在哭 行了没 |
[29:57] | But I don’t want to be, so just ignore it! | 可我也不想这样 所以你别理就好 |
[29:59] | Okay? The point is, is that | 好吗 问题是 |
[30:01] | my life is really overwhelming right now | 我现在真的有点不堪重负 |
[30:02] | and I have never missed a deadline | 而我又从未拖过稿 |
[30:04] | and I could really use an extension | 所以我希望能多给点时间 |
[30:06] | so I can put my best foot forward. | 让我能尽力做到最好 |
[30:09] | Do you need a minute to compose yourself? | 你需要时间平复一下心情吗 |
[30:12] | No! | 不用 |
[30:13] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[30:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:17] | Will Professor Donaldson reveal a hidden soft side? | 唐纳森教授会展现出不为人知的温柔一面吗 |
[30:20] | Will the sight of Jane crying | 简的泪崩 |
[30:22] | and the cute baby melt her cold heart? | 与萌娃能否融化她的铁石心肠 |
[30:24] | I’m okay. | 我没事了 |
[30:26] | – Thank you. – Good. | -谢谢你 -很好 |
[30:27] | So the deadline is the deadline. | 最后期限是不会变的 |
[30:30] | You either meet it | 完不完得成 |
[30:32] | or you don’t. | 就是你的事了 |
[30:37] | And again, we are so, so incredibly sorry. | 我们真的非常对不起你 |
[30:40] | I mean, my sister clearly has personal space issues. | 看来我的妹妹很注重个人空间 |
[30:44] | And I am so ashamed. | 我感到很羞耻 |
[30:46] | And I want to cut off my hand. | 我想斩手谢罪 |
[30:47] | What? | 什么 |
[30:48] | I deserve it! Worse! Worse! | 我罪有应得 再罚重一点 |
[30:50] | My hands should be chewed off by wolves! | 我的手该拿去喂狼 |
[30:52] | – No… – Yes, everything is bad, | -别这样 -我真是千错万错 |
[30:54] | everything, I hate it, | 搞砸了一切 我好恨啊 |
[30:56] | – I hate myself. – No, now, just stop. | -我好恨我自己 -别这样 快别说了 |
[30:58] | Okay? I-I’m fine, honestly. | 好吗 老实说我没事 |
[31:01] | I-I did approach you rather suddenly. | 我靠近你确实比较唐突 |
[31:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:06] | Oh, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你 真的太谢谢你了 |
[31:08] | Not deserving it, | 虽然我人微言轻 |
[31:09] | but thanking you, thanking you so much, | 但真心谢谢你 太感谢你了 |
[31:11] | – so very much… – Anezka, stop. | -真的太… -阿妮丝卡 够了 |
[31:13] | Um, why don’t you go wait in my office? | 你去我办公室等我吧 |
[31:15] | Yes, of course. | 当然没问题 |
[31:16] | Thank you, of course. Thank you. | 也谢谢你 太谢谢你了 |
[31:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[31:24] | Again, I am… so sorry. | 我还是得…对你说句抱歉 |
[31:27] | Apology accepted. | 接受你的道歉了 |
[31:31] | The problem is, I like you a little bit less now. | 问题是 我现在没那么喜欢你们了 |
[31:35] | Not to mention, another bid came in higher. | 更别说 有人出价更高 |
[31:38] | Match this, and the place is yours. | 不低于这个价 我们就成交 |
[31:41] | Sounds… great. | 听起来…很不错啊 |
[31:44] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会再联系你的 |
[31:49] | Can you meet this? | 我们能凑到钱吗 |
[31:50] | Depends if he uses that insider trading money. | 这取决于他会不会挪用内幕交易的钱了 |
[31:52] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[31:54] | I just hope Anezka didn’t ruin this. | 只希望阿妮丝卡没毁掉这桩买卖 |
[31:57] | And from one fractured family… | 看完这个遭受打击的家庭… |
[31:59] | to another. | 我们来看下一个 |
[32:00] | Jane! | 简 |
[32:02] | You’re here. | 你来啦 |
[32:04] | Come. | 到这边来 |
[32:05] | – Wait. What’s going on? – Sit. | -等等 这是怎么回事 -快坐吧 |
[32:07] | Dad, is this another ambush? | 爸 你是不是又是埋伏 |
[32:08] | Stop it. Of course not. I just invited | 别这样说 当然不是了 我只是邀请 |
[32:11] | my family and two brilliant executives | 我的家人与两位才华横溢的制作人 |
[32:13] | to watch a run-through of my favorite | 来预览目前我最喜欢的一集 |
[32:15] | Tiago episode yet. | 《蒂亚戈穿越时空》 |
[32:17] | Sit. Let’s begin! | 请就座 我们开始吧 |
[32:21] | And… action! | 开拍 |
[32:31] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪啊 |
[33:25] | – What? – That’s ridiculous. | -什么 -这也太荒谬了 |
[34:11] | And then, something amazing happened. | 紧接着 奇迹发生了 |
[34:14] | Rogelio’s cockamamie, | 罗格里奥那荒谬无比 |
[34:15] | totally wackadoo, completely crazy plan… | 神经兮兮 完全乱来的计划 |
[34:18] | well, it actually started to work. | 真的开始奏效了 |
[34:21] | And I would tell you what they are feeling right now, | 我也想告诉你她们此刻的感受 |
[34:23] | but as we have learned, | 不过经验教训告诉我们 |
[34:25] | it’s better to show than tell. | 靠展示 不靠说辞 |
[34:28] | Cut! | 卡 |
[34:31] | Okay, so there had better be a huge Tiago twist coming up. | 好了 这里最好有一个重大的剧情反转 |
[34:35] | To be clear, there was no twist. | 声明一下 并没有什么反转 |
[34:37] | Here’s the twist. | 反转是这样的 |
[34:39] | See, it’s a family of clones | 看到没 这是一家子克隆人 |
[34:42] | posing as a regular family with regular problems. | 产生了普通家庭会有的日常烦恼 |
[34:45] | And Tiago | 而蒂亚戈 |
[34:46] | is gaining their trust, | 将获取她们的信任 |
[34:48] | so he can stop them from taking over the planet. | 这样他就能阻止她们占领这个星球了 |
[34:53] | See, now that makes more sense. | 这样就合理多了 |
[34:55] | I mean, who cares about a fight between a mom and a daughter, right? | 谁在乎母女之间的争吵呢 对吧 |
[34:59] | I’m so sorry, mom. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[35:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:04] | Me, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[35:06] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[35:08] | What was my mother like? | 我妈是什么样的人 |
[35:10] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[35:11] | I have an idea for my novel. | 我突然有了一个小说的灵感 |
[35:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:14] | Go, go write! | 快去大展身手吧 |
[35:16] | I’ll pick up Mateo. | 我去接马特奥 |
[35:21] | So, I’m gonna ask Anezka to leave. | 我会要求阿妮丝卡离开 |
[35:23] | I should’ve never let her | 我一开始就不应该 |
[35:24] | stay in the first place. | 让她留下来 |
[35:25] | She messed up your deal! | 她搞砸了你的交易 |
[35:27] | Hey, come on. | 算了吧 |
[35:29] | Come on, what? | 什么就算了吧 |
[35:30] | This hotel, the longevity of it, | 这间酒店的未来 |
[35:33] | well, I… | 我 |
[35:34] | might not be the greatest mother in the regular ways… | 也许不是传统意义上的好妈妈 |
[35:39] | but now I’ve gotten in the way of us providing for them. | 但现在我却成为孩子未来的绊脚石了 |
[35:42] | You haven’t. | 你没有 |
[35:43] | You didn’t. | 你并没有 |
[35:45] | My sister, okay? | 想想我的妹妹 好吗 |
[35:46] | Same thing. | 一样的 |
[35:49] | And maybe it was Petra | 也许是因为佩特拉 |
[35:51] | feeling so badly, or the fact that he, too, | 感觉非常不好 抑或是他在那一刻 |
[35:54] | was feeling like a crap parent in that moment, | 也感觉自己是个糟糕的父亲 |
[35:56] | but Rafael just… | 但拉斐尔只是 |
[35:58] | Well, he wanted to be the hero. | 好吧 他想当英雄 |
[36:00] | I found the money to buy it. | 我找到了可以买下酒店的资金 |
[36:02] | In any case, he used the dirty money. | 不管怎样 他还是用了赃款 |
[36:05] | And yes… | 没错 |
[36:06] | He would come to regret it. | 他会后悔的 |
[36:08] | But that’s for the future. | 不过那是以后的事情了 |
[36:10] | I, I talked to the bank. | 我跟银行谈过了 |
[36:11] | They extended the loan. | 他们增加了贷款 |
[36:14] | It’s an investment for our future. | 这是对我们未来的投资 |
[36:16] | Wait, so Anezka didn’t ruin things? | 稍等 这么说阿妮丝卡没有把事情搞砸 |
[36:18] | No. | 没有 |
[36:19] | She didn’t. | 她并没有 |
[36:21] | And listen, maybe don’t be so hard on her. | 也许你可以不要对她那么严厉 |
[36:24] | You know, she’s had a tough life. | 她之前过得很苦 |
[36:25] | And I felt for her. | 我很同情她 |
[36:27] | You know, with Barbara. | 你懂的 芭芭拉那事 |
[36:29] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[36:32] | I did, too. | 我也很同情她 |
[36:34] | So… maybe keep her around | 所以 能不能让她在这里 |
[36:37] | just a little longer? | 再多待一段时间 |
[36:39] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 就这样吧 |
[36:41] | Maybe just a little bit longer. | 再多待那么一段时间吧 |
[36:43] | Well, this promises to be awkward. | 这会让人很尴尬的 |
[36:51] | 古巴 1962年 | |
[37:37] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[37:39] | Yes! Yes! | 愿意 我愿意 |
[37:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:17] | Finished. | 写完了 |
[38:18] | And sent. And… | 然后发送 然后 |
[38:20] | I think I deserve a nine-dollar beer from the mini-fridge. | 我可以喝一瓶小冰箱里九块钱的啤酒 |
[38:23] | Make it two. | 拿两罐吧 |
[38:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:34] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[38:37] | Actually wanted to talk to you about something. | 我想跟你说点事 |
[38:40] | About my place with Mateo. | 关于我和马特奥的关系 |
[38:41] | Well… don’t worry, Rafael’s just gonna have | 好吧 别急 拉斐尔 |
[38:43] | – to be comfortable with it. – No. | -到头来会接受的 -不 |
[38:45] | Actually wanted to talk about what you’re comfortable with. | 我其实想聊聊你想要什么样的结果 |
[38:48] | Because we’ve actually never talked about that. | 因为我们从没聊过这个事情 |
[38:51] | Yeah, y-you’re right. | 好吧 你说的没错 |
[38:53] | That’s true. | 是这样 |
[38:54] | Yeah, and it’s just little things, you know? | 都是些小事 你懂吧 |
[38:55] | Like… you didn’t ask me to watch him. | 比如 你没有要求我帮忙照看他 |
[38:58] | And you kept saying that I was babysitting. | 你一直说我只是个临时保姆 |
[39:01] | Well, I, but I didn’t mean it like that. | 没错 但我不是那个意思 |
[39:03] | I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是 |
[39:05] | I want to be more than that. | 我不想只做临时保姆 |
[39:08] | You are. | 你本来就不是 |
[39:09] | And I’m really glad you want to be. | 你能这样说 我真的很开心 |
[39:16] | And you’re right. We have to figure it out. | 你说的没错 我们必须想办法 |
[39:20] | Step one? | 第一步 |
[39:22] | You’re getting your own color in my calendar. | 我会在日历中安排一个属于你的颜色 |
[39:26] | Yeah, that’s not as sexy to me as it is to you. | 好吧 这个对我来说没你想的那么诱人 |
[39:29] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[39:32] | And speaking of sexy… | 说到诱人 |
[39:33] | Dina, what a success that was! | 迪娜 这也太成功了 |
[39:35] | The execs loved…. Whoa! | 执行制片简直爱死 哇哦 |
[39:38] | Is that what you really look like? | 你本人其实长这样吗 |
[39:41] | No, it’s just that you are a writer, | 我说错了 因为你是一个编剧 |
[39:44] | and writers, they don’t care about these things, | 编剧往往都挺不修边幅的 |
[39:46] | but that color looks very attractive on you. | 但这个颜色特别吸引人 |
[39:51] | I’m going out to dinner. | 我要出去吃晚饭 |
[39:52] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[39:53] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:55] | You really saved the day. | 你真的帮了我一个大忙 |
[39:56] | That whole clone thing? | 你说克隆吗 |
[39:58] | Doubles are like telenovela 101. | 分身简直就是肥皂剧的标配 |
[40:00] | No. | 不是吧 |
[40:01] | I mean with my family. | 我是说我的家人 |
[40:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:05] | Nothing, it’s just… | 没什么 只不过 |
[40:08] | The way you care about your family. | 你关心家人的方式 |
[40:11] | That’s a very attractive color on you, too. | 你那样做也特别迷人 |
[40:14] | Well, I love them very much. | 我非常爱我的家人 |
[40:17] | I can tell. | 我能看出来 |
[40:18] | And like I said, | 如我所说 |
[40:20] | it’s a very attractive quality. | 那是一个特别吸引人的品质 |
[40:24] | Well, you also look very attractive. | 你看起来也挺吸引人的 |
[40:26] | You said that already. | 你已经说过这句话了 |
[40:28] | I meant it already. | 我真是这么想的 |
[40:33] | Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[40:38] | Ready for dress number three? | 准备好看我试第三条了吗 |
[40:39] | Yes, yes, ready. | 是的 准备好了 |
[40:49] | That’s definitely the dress. | 就这条了 |
[40:51] | Ah, but that’s for another day. | 不过这是另外一天要穿的 |
[40:53] | A wedding day. | 结婚当天 |
[40:57] | Which brings us here now. | 于是我们来到了这里 |
[41:01] | It’s Marlene. | 是玛琳 |
[41:02] | Deep breaths, Jane. | 深呼吸 简 |
[41:03] | Deep breaths. | 深呼吸 |
[41:08] | What does it say? | 那上面说什么了 |
[41:09] | Jane, what does it say? | 简 上面都说什么了 |
[41:14] | I’m back in the program. | 我又有课上了 |
[41:15] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[41:17] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[41:17] | Ooh, yes! | 简直是太好了 |
[41:20] | Well, you know what they say. | 俗话是怎么说的 |
[41:21] | Those who can’t salsa dance, | 不会跳萨尔萨舞的人 |
[41:23] | write about salsa dancers. | 会写萨尔萨舞者 |
[41:24] | I’m so proud of you. Oh, thank you! | 我为你感到骄傲 谢谢 |
[41:26] | Ah… yes! | 太好了 |
[41:32] | Yeah, uh-oh! | 大事不好 |
[41:34] | Well, what can I say? | 我还能说什么 |
[41:36] | We’re not all about the marriage plot, right? | 我们并不一直都在讲结婚 对吧 |
[41:40] | www.rrliuxue.com | 人人留学【免费办理】 震撼上线,赶快登陆 |