时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Okay, here we go. Let’s start with our Jane. | 好了 让我们开始看魅力无双的简吧 |
[00:03] | As a child her grandmother taught her to protect her flower. | 小时候 她外婆让她保持贞操 |
[00:06] | And so Jane waited to have sex until she married Michael. | 所以简在嫁给迈克尔之后才做了爱 |
[00:10] | And then, well… you know. | 然后你们知道 |
[00:13] | Yeah. I still miss him, too. | 是啊 我也想他 |
[00:15] | But it’s been three years, and since then, | 但已经过去三年了 |
[00:17] | Jane wrote a novel about their love story. | 简写了一部关于他们爱情的小说 |
[00:19] | And she recently decided she was ready to date again. | 最近她决定要开始约会了 |
[00:22] | Also ready to date, Alba. | 同样准备好约会的还有阿尔芭 |
[00:24] | See, she was crushing on her coworker Jorge, | 她喜欢上了同事乔治 |
[00:26] | and guess what. He asked her out. | 而且 他约她出去了 |
[00:28] | And as for Rafael, well, he’d recently gotten closer | 拉斐尔最近也和前妻佩特拉 |
[00:31] | to his ex-wife Pfera. | 走得越来越近 |
[00:33] | In fact, he was downright into her, lately. Only problem, | 而且还上了床 唯一的问题 |
[00:37] | Petra was dating Chuck, the owner of the hotel next door. | 佩特拉在和隔壁酒店老板恰克约会 |
[00:40] | Plus, Petra had other problems. | 而且佩特拉还有别的麻烦 |
[00:42] | See, her former employee, Scott, | 他的前任员工斯考特 |
[00:44] | died on the grounds of the Marbella. | 死在了玛贝拉的地盘上 |
[00:46] | And Scott used to be married to her twin sister Anezka. | 斯考特以前还和她双胞胎妹妹阿妮丝卡结了婚 |
[00:49] | But Anezka was long gone, | 但阿妮丝卡早走了 |
[00:50] | and according to Petra, they were no longer in touch. | 佩特拉说 她们没有再往来 |
[00:53] | But here’s the thing– Petra was lying. | 但是佩特拉在撒谎 |
[00:56] | And the cops were on to her. | 警察也找上了她 |
[00:58] | Oh, and speaking of crime, | 说到犯罪 |
[00:59] | you’ll recall Rafael’s sister Luisa was dating Eileen, | 你们还记得拉斐尔的姐姐路易莎在和艾琳约会 |
[01:02] | but Eileen is really her old girlfriend, Rose, | 但是艾琳是她的旧日女友 萝丝 |
[01:05] | aka the crime lord Sin Rostro. | 也就是罪犯头目西恩·罗斯特罗 |
[01:07] | I know, straight out of a telenovela, right? | 真是狗血剧不是吗 |
[01:10] | And speaking of telenovelas, | 说到狗血肥皂剧 |
[01:11] | Rogelio got a huge new part playing someone very tiny. | 罗格里奥要出演一个个头小但很重要的角色 |
[01:15] | Unfortunately, he felt chilly about his new costar Fabian. | 不过 他对新演员法比安有些担心 |
[01:18] | But Jane was positively hot for him. | 但是简对他一见钟情 |
[01:21] | I know, right? I’m getting the tingles, too. | 真是的 我也要变弯了 |
[01:24] | So let’s get busy, people. | 让我们开始吧 |
[01:28] | Ah, lust! | 啊 欲望 |
[01:30] | Jane Gloriana Villanueva | 简·格洛瑞娜·维兰纽瓦 |
[01:31] | would never forget the first time she felt it. | 绝不会忘记第一次感受到欲望 |
[01:34] | Magdalena. | 玛格达莱娜 |
[01:46] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[01:47] | she was sitting between her mother and grandmother at the time. | 她坐在她妈妈和她外婆中间 |
[01:52] | Más! | 别停 |
[01:54] | Más! Más! | 再来 不要停 |
[01:56] | Yeah, I’m uncomfortable, too. | 我也看不下去了 |
[02:01] | I’m gonna do some homework. | 我去做作业了 |
[02:02] | So, yeah, | 是啊 |
[02:03] | they clearly didn’t want to talk about it. | 她们当然不想谈 |
[02:05] | But, oh, how times have changed. | 但是今非昔比 |
[02:08] | Tell me everything. | 从实招来 |
[02:10] | About what? | 招什么 |
[02:12] | Come on, you’re clearly crushing on Fabian. | 得了吧 你肯定喜欢法比安 |
[02:14] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[02:15] | I am reading an article… | 我在读文章 |
[02:17] | about how underboob is the new side boob. | 下胸才是真的侧乳 |
[02:19] | Oh, please. You’ve been finding the most ridiculous excuses | 得了吧 你一直找些奇怪的理由 |
[02:22] | to go see your father on set. | 去你爸片场 |
[02:24] | True, for the record. | 千真万确 |
[02:25] | You forgot your sides at home. | 台词你忘家里了 |
[02:32] | We shot this yesterday. | 这台词昨天就拍过了 |
[02:37] | Más… | 再来 |
[02:39] | Más… Más… | 不要停…再来… |
[02:45] | Fine. I may have a small crush | 好吧 我有一点点喜欢他 |
[02:47] | in that he may excite me in a superficial way. | 他可能确实表面上吸引了我 |
[02:50] | So make a move. | 那就上啊 |
[02:51] | Mom, he dated Miss Universe, | 妈 他的女朋友都是环球小姐啦 |
[02:52] | Shakira’s backup dancer, | 夏奇拉的伴舞啦 |
[02:54] | and Gisele Bundchen’s twin. | 还有吉赛尔·邦辰的双胞胎 |
[02:55] | For someone who’s not interested, | 你嘴上说不在乎 |
[02:57] | you sure know a lot about him. | 下来做了不少工作嘛 |
[02:58] | I’m just saying that I’m not his type. | 我真的不是他喜欢的类型 |
[03:00] | And-and he’s not my type. | 他也不是我的菜 |
[03:01] | Maybe not to date. | 也许不适合约会 |
[03:02] | But what about a fling? | 但是约一发呢 |
[03:04] | You ever open to that? | 你能接受吗 |
[03:10] | With him? | 和他吗 |
[03:13] | Oh, yeah. | 好啊 |
[03:27] | So, just casual sex? | 只是上个床 |
[03:29] | No strings. | 没有其他企图 |
[03:31] | Why not, right? | 可以啊 |
[03:34] | I mean, I waited. | 我等也等过 |
[03:35] | I did it. | 做也做过 |
[03:37] | But now, like, everything’s changed, | 但现在一切都变了 |
[03:40] | and, you know, what… | 而且… |
[03:49] | She says with an extra helping of guilt. | 她真是带着悔恨说这话啊 |
[03:51] | Not everyone wants to be celibate, Mom. | 不是每个人都要禁欲 妈 |
[03:54] | Hey, how did Jorge take it? | 乔治怎么样啊 |
[03:57] | When you told him you weren’t gonna have sex. | 你不是说你们不会上床吗 |
[04:00] | – Oh, my God, you didn’t tell him. – Ma. | -我的天啊 你没告诉他 -妈 |
[04:08] | No kidding. | 是啊 |
[04:09] | Would you like me to give you the advice you gave me? | 想让我给你你给过我的建议吗 |
[04:12] | No. | 不 |
[04:16] | Need a flower to destroy in your angry fist? | 要不要给你一朵花捏碎 |
[04:23] | Hey, Jeremy, what’s up? | 杰瑞米 怎么了 |
[04:27] | Wait, what? | 什么 |
[04:29] | So… that’s it? | 就这样了吗 |
[04:31] | A big part of writing is knowing when to put the pen down. | 写作很重要的是知道该何时停笔 |
[04:33] | Pen down. | 停笔 |
[04:37] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[04:38] | The plot really moves, the emotional payoff is huge… | 剧情紧凑 情感爆发强烈 |
[04:42] | and it’s romantic as all hell. | 还非常浪漫 |
[04:51] | – I can’t believe I’m done. – Well, not done. | -真不敢相信我做完了 -还没完 |
[04:55] | Writing’s only the half of it, right? | 写完只算完成了一半 |
[04:56] | Now the fun part begins. | 好戏才开始呢 |
[04:58] | We gotta drop it like it’s hot. | 我们要炒热它 |
[05:00] | – I’ll bring the pot holder. – Great. | -让我把手套戴上 -棒 |
[05:02] | I set up a meeting with the marketing and PR departments… | 我去和市场还有公关部联系 |
[05:04] | So they can figure out how to market it to booksellers and audiences. | 他们负责如何向书商和读者营销 |
[05:07] | – That’s amazing. – I know. | -真棒 -是啊 |
[05:09] | Anyway, what’s up? Why’d you call? | 怎么了 你为啥打电话来 |
[05:11] | Ah, it’s terrible timing. | 时机不对啊 |
[05:13] | – What is? – Luisa’s coming in tomorrow. | -怎么了 -路易莎明天要来 |
[05:16] | And we’re pushing up our annual shareholder meeting. | 我们要召开年度股东大会了 |
[05:18] | Yeah, no problem. I’ll keep Mateo till she’s gone. | 没问题 等她走了我再让马特奥过去 |
[05:21] | Can’t blame them for being a little skittish | 也不怪他们 毕竟让孩子待在 |
[05:23] | around the ex-girlfriend of the woman who kidnapped their son. | 绑架了他孩子的人的前女友身边 真的不好 |
[05:25] | I’m sorry for messing up the schedule. | 对不起把计划打乱了 |
[05:28] | I just wish she would give us notice for once. | 真希望她能提前通知 |
[05:31] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[05:32] | I’ll talk to you later. | 待会聊 |
[05:33] | Thank you, Jane. Bye. | 谢谢 简 拜拜 |
[05:38] | – So we set? – I know what you’re thinking. | -好了吗 -我知道你在想啥 |
[05:40] | Are we finally going to find out what this shady dude is up to? | 我们能发现这鬼鬼祟祟的家伙想干啥吗 |
[05:43] | – Yup, Luisa’s suite is bugged. – And she won’t find anything? | -路易莎的套房装监听了 -她不会发现吧 |
[05:46] | No way. I went in through Petra’s vent. | 不会的 我从佩特拉的通风口进去的 |
[05:48] | But trust me, if Rose tries | 相信我 如果萝丝 |
[05:49] | to get in touch with your sister, we’ll know. | 想要和你姐姐联系 我们会知道了 |
[05:51] | Yup. Elvis isn’t an ex-con | 没错 埃尔维斯不是前科犯 |
[05:53] | or a maintenance man; he’s Raf’s private eye. | 也不是修理工 而是拉弗的眼线 |
[05:56] | That explains a lot. | 这就说得通了 |
[05:57] | Or rather, I just explained it. | 其实都是我解释的 |
[06:00] | Good. My family will never feel completely safe | 很好 萝丝一日不进监狱 |
[06:03] | until Rose is locked up for good. | 我们家就一日不得安宁 |
[06:05] | I know, straight out of a telenovela, right? | 是啊 多像肥皂狗血剧啊 |
[06:36] | Also known as a scientist. | 也叫科学家 |
[06:40] | Again, scientist. | 再次 科学家 |
[06:54] | And cut! | 停 |
[06:55] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[06:58] | It must be nice not to have to worry about your body anymore. | 不用再在意自己的身材 这感觉一定很好 |
[07:01] | Sometimes I feel like a sex object. | 有时我感觉自己就像个性对象 |
[07:04] | It must be very hard for you. | 这一定很难 |
[07:06] | – Not really, no. – So listen, Ro, | -也不是 -罗罗 |
[07:08] | do you want a stunt double for when you swing from her hair? | 你从她身边荡过去时 想要个替身演员吗 |
[07:10] | Well, I-I-I’d be happy to do it. | 我很愿意做 |
[07:11] | I was an award-winning stunt double | 我是个一流的替身演员 |
[07:13] | before I discovered my talent and passion for acting. | 在我发现我表演方面的才能和热情之前 |
[07:15] | Rogelio de la Vega does his own stunts, thank you very much. | 罗格里奥·维嘉表演自己的特技动作 谢谢 |
[07:19] | You’re very welcome. | 不用谢 |
[07:20] | Selfie? Yeah? | 自拍不 |
[07:23] | No more pictures. We’re just taking a test. | 不要再拍照了 我们在参加测试 |
[07:26] | For the Gifted and Talented program. That’s a big deal! | 为了这个天才班 这很重要 |
[07:29] | Critters. | 小动物们 |
[07:30] | I see critters. | 我看到你们啦 |
[07:34] | Oh, now, why are my legs so heavy? | 为什么我的腿这么沉 |
[07:36] | Did I step in something? | 我踩到什么了 |
[07:39] | I didn’t know the girls were hanging out with Chuck. | 我不知道孩子们和恰克一块玩 |
[07:41] | What happened to our six-month rule? | 我们不是有六个月规则 |
[07:44] | You waited six months to tell them about Abbey | 你等了六个月和她们讲了艾比 |
[07:46] | and then broke up with her anyway. | 然后不是还是和她分手了 |
[07:48] | Besides, they only know Chuck as Mommy’s friend. | 而且 他们只把恰克当做妈妈的朋友 |
[07:52] | Hey, girls, who’s this guy? | 孩子们 这人是谁啊 |
[07:54] | Mommy’s boyfriend. | 妈妈的男朋友 |
[07:56] | Smoochie, smoochie. | 搂搂抱抱 |
[07:59] | Well, they are gifted and talented. | 她们可是天才呀 |
[08:04] | Not again. | 又来 |
[08:06] | I already told you guys everything I know. | 我已经告诉你们我知道的全部了 |
[08:08] | Yeah, well, unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[08:09] | there are a couple of holes in your story. | 你的故事有漏洞 |
[08:12] | My story. | 我的故事 |
[08:13] | Me, 90 seconds. That’s all they need for the PR meeting. | 我 90秒 他们公关会议只需这么久 |
[08:16] | A snapshot to help sell the book. | 拍个照 帮助销售书 |
[08:18] | Well, you can start practicing now with Fabian. | 你现在可以开始和法比安练习了 |
[08:21] | Ah, yes. Jane and her wing mom. | 简和她的僚机老妈 |
[08:23] | Don’t worry. I have a plan. | 别担心 我有个计划 |
[08:26] | What are those? | 那是什么 |
[08:27] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[08:28] | Goji berries! I love those so much! | 枸杞 我的最爱 |
[08:30] | Are you serious? They’re, like, my favorite snack. | 真的吗 这也是我最爱的零食 |
[08:32] | No way. What a coincidence. | 不可能吧 这么巧 |
[08:35] | Or the result of a deep dive | 或者是上网 |
[08:36] | – Internet search. – Have one, please. | -深度搜索的结果 -来一个吧 |
[08:49] | Look at this. My hair is a mess, my forehead is shiny, | 看 我的头发乱七八糟 额头闪闪发光 |
[08:52] | I’m holding a doughnut, and he didn’t even use a filter. | 我拿着甜甜圈 他连滤镜都没用 |
[08:55] | – You look fine. – Exactly. | -你看起来还好 -正是 |
[08:58] | “Fine.” | 还好而已 |
[08:59] | Fabian is clearly sabotaging me. | 法比安很明显要摧毁我 |
[09:01] | – What? – He’s trying to get in my head. | -什么 -他想操纵我 |
[09:03] | First he comments on my weight, | 首先他质疑我的体重 |
[09:04] | then on my ability to do my own stunts. | 然后是我自己表演特技的能力 |
[09:06] | I am telling you, this is an All About Eve situation. | 我告诉你 这就是《彗星美人》的情节 |
[09:09] | Are you sure you’re not overreacting? | 你确定不是反应过度吗 |
[09:11] | This is exactly what happened in my telenovela, | 这就是我的肥皂剧里发生的 |
[09:13] | No Eres Tú, Yo Soy Yo, Somos Nosotros. | 你不是你 我是我 我们是我们 |
[09:16] | One character tries to sabotage another character? | 一个角色要摧毁另一个 |
[09:18] | What? | 什么 |
[09:18] | No, I did it in real life. | 不 我真实生活中发生的 |
[09:21] | Have you ever heard of Eduardo Espinosa? | 你听过爱德华多·埃斯皮诺萨吗 |
[09:22] | – No. – Exactly. | -没有 -没错 |
[09:25] | What? | 什么 |
[09:28] | Wh-Wh-Wh… ? | 什 什 |
[09:29] | Why is Jane giggling like that? | 为啥简笑成那个样子 |
[09:31] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[09:33] | She might have a little crush. | 她可能喜欢上他了 |
[09:34] | That’s ridiculous. Jane would never be interested | 可笑 简才不可能对那个草包 |
[09:37] | – in that throw pillow. – Why do you think | -感兴趣呢 -那你觉得 |
[09:39] | she’s been making excuses to come see you all week? | 她一整周找借口来探你班是为什么呢 |
[09:42] | First he goes after my stunt, and now my daughter? | 他先要做我的替身 然后要做我的女儿 |
[09:47] | Fasten your seat belt, | 系好安全带 |
[09:48] | it’s going to be a bumpy afternoon. | 这个下午会不好过 |
[09:52] | So I massage my kale for half an hour with olive oil. | 我用橄榄球给我的甘蓝按摩了半个小时 |
[09:55] | That’s amazing. | 了不起 |
[09:56] | I think super foods are just so… super. | 我觉得超级食品就是那么 超级 |
[10:01] | Excuse me, may I talk to my daughter privately? | 打扰下 我能单独和我的女儿说句话吗 |
[10:03] | Dad, where are we… what? | 爸 去哪 什么 |
[10:06] | Dad, what are you…? | 爸爸 你在干 |
[10:08] | Dad, what is your problem? | 爸 你有什么问题啊 |
[10:10] | My problem is that you’ve been pretending to come visit me | 我的问题就是 你装作来看我 |
[10:12] | to ogle Fabian’s bee-stung lips. | 却朝法比安抛媚眼 |
[10:16] | That’s right. Your mother told me | 没错 你妈妈全告诉我了 |
[10:17] | all about your unholy mega-crush on Fabian. | 你迷恋法比安 |
[10:21] | And I forbid it. | 我不允许 |
[10:31] | See, Dad, look around. Actual walls for privacy! | 看看吧 爸爸 真正的墙才会有隐私 |
[10:35] | I am sorry, Jane. I didn’t mean for Fabian to overhear. | 对不起 简 我不是有意让法比安听到的 |
[10:38] | I’m just concerned. The guy’s a total playboy. | 我只是担心 那家伙就是个花花公子 |
[10:41] | I just don’t want you to get your heart broken! | 我只是不想你心碎 |
[10:43] | I don’t think Jane’s thinking about her heart. | 我想简就没考虑过她的心 |
[10:46] | I know…. but I’m an adult. | 我知道 但我是成年人了 |
[10:49] | I can handle myself. | 我可以自己处理 |
[10:52] | Fine. I’ll talk to Fabian and make things better. | 好吧 我会和法比安谈谈 让情况好转 |
[10:54] | No! Dad, you need to stay out of it and let me handle it. | 不 爸 你别管了 让我自己来应对 |
[11:04] | Yeah, I bet you’ll handle it, Jane. | 不错 我敢打赌你能应付 简 |
[11:06] | Jane! ? | 简 |
[11:08] | Oh, uh, sorry. Forgot something. So embarrassed. | 对不起 忘了点东西 好尴尬呀 |
[11:15] | Ay. Better. | 好多了 |
[11:18] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[11:20] | I just wanted to clear that up. | 我只是想澄清 |
[11:21] | I do not have a crush on you. | 我不喜欢你 |
[11:23] | My dad is a little overprotective. | 我爸有点保护欲过度了 |
[11:24] | Well, don’t worry. I totally understand. | 别担心 我完全理解 |
[11:26] | You’re his little daughter. | 你是他的小女儿 |
[11:27] | Not little. | 不小了 |
[11:28] | Well, then again, I’m tiny on the show. | 再次申明 我在剧中很小 |
[11:31] | – We need you in your fitting. – Well, bye, Jane. | -该开拍了 -再见 简 |
[11:34] | I’m bringing you those chia seeds tomorrow, eh? | 我明天给你带奇异籽 |
[11:35] | You’re gonna die. | 你会爱死的 |
[11:37] | Right. Cool! | 好的 太棒了 |
[11:39] | Actually, the opposite of die. | 事实上 不会死 |
[11:40] | You’re gonna live super extra long! | 你将活好久好久 |
[11:43] | Stop leering, Jane. | 别抛媚眼了 简 |
[11:46] | You, too, Alba. | 还有你 阿尔芭 |
[12:08] | Stop it, both of you! | 你俩都给我停 |
[12:09] | I am so, so sorry. Let’s go. | 真是太对不起了 走了 |
[12:22] | Jorge. | 乔治 |
[13:04] | No. We’re not done. | 不 我们没完呢 |
[13:05] | Your client’s story isn’t true. | 你委托人的故事不是真的 |
[13:07] | We tapped her computer. | 我们黑入她的电脑 |
[13:09] | – Is that legal? – With a subpoena, yes. | -合法吗 -有了传票 当然 |
[13:11] | Which we got after finding out that you had just scooched | 在发现你把阿丘利塔先生的尸体 |
[13:14] | Mr. Archuletta’s bones over to Mr. Chesser’s property. | 往切斯先生酒店那边推了之后就拿到了 |
[13:16] | You said you didn’t know where your sister was, and you lied. | 你说你不知道你妹妹在哪 你撒谎了 |
[13:19] | You’ve been e-mailing her. | 你一直和她有邮件往来 |
[13:20] | – You don’t have to say anything. – It’s fine. | -你什么也不用说 -没关系 |
[13:23] | I’ve been sending her money. | 我一直在给她钱 |
[13:25] | Yes, but it’s just to keep her away. | 是的 但只是为了让她离开 |
[13:27] | It has nothing to do with Scott. | 和斯考特没有任何关系 |
[13:29] | And I didn’t tell you earlier | 我之前没告诉你们 |
[13:31] | because, well, it’s a personal family drama between us. | 因为那是我们家庭内部的一点小状况 |
[13:39] | Well, we need to question Anezka. | 我们必须传唤阿妮丝卡 |
[13:40] | So you need to convince her to return to Miami. | 你要说服她回到迈阿密 |
[13:42] | I’d really prefer not to. | 我不想这样做 |
[13:46] | Well, it’s your choice. | 好吧 你有权做出这样的选择 |
[13:48] | Of course, if you don’t, we’ll charge you | 当然如果你不配合 我们就以 |
[13:49] | with obstructing a police investigation. | 阻挠警方调查的名义起诉你 |
[13:52] | On account of lying to us. | 你本来就跟我们说了谎 |
[13:54] | Oh, and the bones. | 对了 你还移动了尸骨 |
[13:56] | And speaking of criminal enterprises… | 说到犯罪集团 |
[13:59] | You remember Luisa, right? | 大家还记得路易莎吧 |
[14:01] | 拉斐尔的姐姐 正在进行戒酒治疗的酗酒者 正在试图使生活重新步入正轨 | |
[14:04] | And of course, her girlfriend, Eileen, | 还有她的女友艾琳 |
[14:07] | who, you’ll recall, is actually… | 或许你们还记得她的真实身份 |
[14:10] | Which makes Luisa… | 所以路易莎 |
[14:13] | Do you like them? | 你喜欢吗 |
[14:14] | Yes, thank you. | 挺喜欢的 谢谢你 |
[14:16] | Well, you look so good in linen. | 你穿亚麻的衣服特别好看 |
[14:18] | And… | 还有 |
[14:20] | These are for Mateo. | 这些是送给马特奥的 |
[14:24] | I want my nephew to know that he has an auntie that loves him, | 虽然我不能亲眼见到他 |
[14:27] | even if I’m not allowed to see him. | 我就想让大侄子知道 姑姑有多爱他 |
[14:29] | Even though he wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for me. | 没有他姑姑 他压根不可能来到这个世界上 |
[14:31] | Yeah, I wouldn’t brag about that, Dr. Alver. | 换我就不会一直吹嘘这种事 阿尔弗医生 |
[14:33] | I’m just going through some personal problems. | 我遇到一些个人问题 |
[14:36] | And these are for the twins. | 这些是送给双胞胎姐妹花的 |
[14:39] | Who I also hope to meet very soon. | 我也希望能尽快见到她们 |
[14:41] | Yes. Great. We’ll see. | 好吧 来日方长 |
[14:44] | So, Raf, we saw a bunch of cops around outside. | 拉弗 我们看到门外有一大堆警察 |
[14:46] | What’s that about? | 出了什么事吗 |
[14:47] | They’re investigating Scott’s death. | 他们为调查斯考特之死而来 |
[14:51] | I thought it was an accident. | 我以为他的死是一场意外 |
[14:53] | Yeah, well, now they’re not so sure. | 一开始大家都这么以为 现在警方有所怀疑 |
[14:56] | Did you…? | 是不是你 |
[14:59] | You know how hard it is for me to fall asleep | 你知道我特别认床 |
[15:01] | when I’m not in my own bed, | 换床死活都睡不着 |
[15:02] | so I got this contraption that makes wave sounds. | 所以我买了这个可以制造海浪声的神奇小道具 |
[15:07] | Of course I did not kill Scott. | 怎么可能是我杀的斯考特 |
[15:08] | Oh, we were here right around then. | 斯考特遇害前后我们刚好就在这里 |
[15:10] | Are you saying it was just a coincidence? | 难道你想说一切都是巧合吗 |
[15:12] | Yes, because we were together that whole trip. | 当然 我们全程都在一起 |
[15:14] | We sent away the real Eileen, and then we made love. | 我们把真正的艾琳打发走 然后就做爱了 |
[15:16] | There was no time for me to have murdered him. | 我哪有时间去杀他 |
[15:18] | But you did leave the room once. Remember? | 但你还是离开房间了一次 记得吗 |
[15:20] | I had to stop having sex and then take a shower | 因为我对当时用的乳液过敏 |
[15:23] | ’cause the lotion we were using gave me a rash? | 我不得不停止和你翻云覆雨 然后去洗了澡 |
[15:25] | And then we figured we might as well get some Chinese? | 之后就想起来 可能是因为之前吃了中餐 |
[15:28] | And then, while I showered, you went to get the food. | 然后就在我洗澡的时候 你去找吃的 |
[15:31] | No, I was going to go pick up the Chinese food, | 没有 我正准备去取中餐 |
[15:33] | but we ended up having it delivered, | 不过最后还是叫人送上来的 |
[15:34] | and the concierge brought it up to us. | 看门人帮我们送上来的 |
[15:36] | Because at that point, | 因为当时 |
[15:38] | the oil was starting to bother me, too, remember? | 我也遇到了油的麻烦 记得吗 |
[15:43] | And this is why I hate coming to the Marbella, | 这就是我讨厌回到玛贝拉的原因 |
[15:45] | because we always start fighting. | 一回到这里我们就开始吵架 |
[15:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:50] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[15:52] | We need to switch rooms, just in case. | 以防万一 我们需要换房间 |
[15:55] | In case what? | 以防什么万一 |
[15:56] | In case the cops are here because of us… | 以防警察因为我们的事不请自来 |
[15:59] | and your room is wired. | 你的房间已经被装上窃听器了 |
[16:01] | You’re being paranoid. | 你的想法未满也太偏执了 |
[16:03] | So, yes, I was strongly influenced | 是的 我从小到大都在看肥皂剧 |
[16:05] | by the telenovelas I grew up watching. | 所以我受它影响很大 |
[16:07] | But also by the romance novels I grew up reading. | 我也深受爱情小说的影响 |
[16:10] | And I think you feel both influences in my book. | 从我的作品中你应该能窥得一二 |
[16:14] | Relax, Jane. | 放轻松 简 |
[16:15] | You have a whole two seconds of wiggle room. | 你还有整整两秒钟回旋的余地 |
[16:17] | You’re gonna crush this meeting. | 你绝对可以完胜这次会面 |
[16:20] | So, you probably want to hear a little about me. | 或许你们会想多了解我一些 |
[16:23] | Where to start? | 从哪里说起呢 |
[16:24] | You’re spiraling, Jane. | 你这是车轱辘话来回说 简 |
[16:25] | You’ve practiced enough. | 你练习得已经够多了 |
[16:28] | Play chapter three. | 播放第三章 |
[16:29] | Good, yes. | 没错 |
[16:30] | A nice, juicy novel will help you relax. | 一部生动精彩的小说能帮你放松精神 |
[16:33] | Chapter three: selling yourself. | 第三章 自我行销 |
[16:35] | Let’s start with posture. | 我们先从体态开始 |
[16:38] | Imagine a string | 想象你头顶的王冠上 |
[16:39] | attached to the crown of your head, pulling upward. | 绑了一根绳子 一直在往上拽 |
[16:43] | Which brings us here… now. | 于是乎 我们来到了这里 |
[16:45] | So, you probably want to hear a little about me. | 你们可能想要多了解我一些 |
[16:48] | Oh, stop. We know all about you. | 别说了 我们对你的经历如数家珍 |
[16:50] | The artificial insemination, the virgin birth, | 被人工授精 以处子之身诞下一子 |
[16:52] | the kidnapping, your husband’s tragic death. | 儿子被绑架 还有丈夫的不幸离世 |
[16:57] | Well, it’s an amazing backstory, and the fact | 这确实是个非常精彩的背景故事 |
[16:59] | that it’s all thinly veiled in there– | 咱们就打开天窗说亮话吧 |
[17:02] | well, it gives us a real angle to market. | 背景故事够精彩 更方便我们推广营销 |
[17:06] | Right. Yes. | 好吧 没错 |
[17:08] | Uh, here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[17:09] | I know it’s a wild story, but I actually think | 我知道自己的经历比较特殊 但我觉得 |
[17:12] | that if it’s out there, it would kind of take over. | 如果就靠这个营销 会模糊读者的焦点 |
[17:15] | And it was pretty traumatic, | 而且这些确实都不是什么春风得意之事 |
[17:17] | so I don’t really want to talk about any of that publicly. | 我真的不太想在公众面前谈论这些 |
[17:21] | – What? – I just want to stick to the book. | -什么 -我想专注于书本身 |
[17:23] | Answering questions like | 回答一些诸如 |
[17:24] | process, influences. | 成书过程 影响等等的问题 |
[17:26] | Remember the string, Jane. | 记住头顶有根线 简 |
[17:28] | Uh, it’s sort of a combination of the telenovelas | 我从小到大都在看肥皂剧 |
[17:32] | that I watched growing up, plus the American… | 本书基本可以算是肥皂剧与美国的 |
[17:34] | But if you talk about your life, we can get you interviews. | 如果你肯聊 我们可以帮你接到很多采访 |
[17:38] | Print, radio. | 纸媒 电台 |
[17:39] | The Miami book fair’s this weekend. | 迈阿密书展将于本周末举行 |
[17:41] | Maria Semple is moderating. | 玛丽亚·桑波是此次书展的主持人 |
[17:44] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[17:46] | One of her favorite authors! | 那可是她最欣賞的作家之一 |
[17:47] | And mine. Okay, freaking out a little. | 我也一样 抱歉 有些失态 |
[17:49] | Come on, Jane. | 答应吧 简 |
[17:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:53] | I really want the work to stand on its own. | 我真的希望这本书能靠其自身价值立足于市场 |
[17:55] | Okay, well, uh, I think we have all the info we need. | 好吧 我想大家都得到了各自需要的信息 |
[17:59] | We’ll confer and then get back to you | 我们商量一下 然后通知你 |
[18:01] | about the size of the initial print run. | 初版的印刷量 |
[18:04] | All in under 90 seconds. | 90秒结束战斗 |
[18:11] | I know everyone’s upset. | 我知道大家都不太满意 |
[18:12] | But we hadn’t talked about that past stuff. | 但我们之前没谈过要聊过去的经历 |
[18:14] | I didn’t think it was a secret. | 我觉得你的那些经历已经不是秘密了 |
[18:16] | I mean, is that why you wanted to | 难道我的过往才是真正吸引你们 |
[18:18] | publish my book? | 要帮我出书的原因吗 |
[18:20] | No. I liked your writing. | 不是 我喜欢你的文风 |
[18:22] | And I realized the marketing team could sell you. | 而且我觉得营销团队应该可以把你推销出去 |
[18:25] | It’s all connected. | 一切都是相互关联的 |
[18:28] | Listen, it is what it is. | 好吧 事情是这样的 |
[18:29] | I still love your writing, and I think people are gonna buy it. | 我还是很喜欢你的作品 是值得一读的作品 |
[18:32] | It’s just, the print run is not as big as I had hoped. | 不过 印刷量与我的预计有些出入 |
[18:35] | What’s the number? | 所以印刷量是多少 |
[18:36] | 10,000 copies. | 一万册 |
[18:39] | Not great, FYI. | 这印量不算大 |
[18:41] | How are my chances of getng into that book fair? | 我能出席书展的几率有多大 |
[18:43] | What’s your social media presence? | 你社交媒体有多少粉丝 |
[18:44] | Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter followers? | 阅后即焚 照片分享网和推特 有多少粉丝 |
[18:47] | You know… not as many as I’d like. | 和我的预期也有些出入 你懂的 |
[18:57] | Too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[18:58] | A big social media following makes them think | 如果你在社交媒体上拥有众多拥趸 主办方 |
[18:59] | you’ll draw attendees, which is what the organizers are after. | 会觉得你能增加人气 他们会对你趋之若鹜 |
[19:02] | How many followers do I need to get into the fair? | 如果想参加书展 我需要有多少粉丝 |
[19:04] | 20K, minimum, but there’s no way in hell | 最少两万粉丝吧 离书展开幕没几天了 |
[19:06] | you’re gonna get that many followers that quickly. | 你不可能在这么短时间内增加那么多粉丝的 |
[19:11] | I happen to have a social media expert in my family. | 我家刚好有个社交媒体达人 |
[19:15] | Now that’s a Twitter feed! | 这才是个像样的推特账号 |
[19:18] | Jane, hi! | 你好 简 |
[19:19] | Don’t worry. I assure you I am not here to see you. | 别担心 我保证不是来找你的 |
[19:21] | I just came to get help from my dad. | 只是来找我爸帮个忙 |
[19:23] | Oh, he pulled a muscle doing a stunt. | 他刚刚表演特技的时候拉伤了肌肉 |
[19:25] | No, he’s fine. He’s just having an emergency massage. | 不过他人没事 现在正在进行紧急按摩 |
[19:29] | – Is everything okay? – Yeah. I just need his help | -有事吗 -没事 我就是需要他帮我 |
[19:31] | getting Twitter followers for this book fair. | 增加推特粉丝量 这样我就能出席书展了 |
[19:33] | A book fair? Oh, does that mean that you’re an author? | 书展 这么说来你是一名作家吧 |
[19:36] | – I am. – How did I not know that? | -是的 -我怎么不知道 |
[19:38] | – I have a book coming out, too. – You wrote a book? | -我也马上要出新书了 -你写了本书吗 |
[19:40] | Every word of it. | 字字句句 亲力亲为 |
[19:43] | Hey, since you have a little time | 令尊大人正在接受按摩 |
[19:45] | while your dad’s getting a massage, | 你刚好有些空闲时间 |
[19:47] | maybe you’d like to go grab a cup of coffee? | 你想去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[19:49] | I would love to find out more about you… and your book. | 我想更了解你 和你的书 |
[19:54] | Sure. I’d like that. | 没问题 很好吧 |
[19:57] | Perhaps he’s interested after all. | 可能他真的感兴趣吧 |
[20:02] | He sure is. | 当然了 |
[20:04] | Just came by to check on you | 就是来看看你 |
[20:06] | and drop off some backpacks. | 顺便放几个包在这 |
[20:09] | Hey, how’d your call with Anezka go? | 你和阿妮丝卡联系的怎么样了 |
[20:11] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[20:12] | I, uh, bought her a ticket, | 我给她买了张票 |
[20:14] | promised I’d buy her an electric bike. | 答应会给她买辆电动车 |
[20:15] | She’s on her way. | 她在路上了 |
[20:17] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:18] | Yeah. It’ll be fine. | 没事 我会没事的 |
[20:20] | She’ll answer some questions, then leave. | 她来回答些问题 然后就走 |
[20:21] | Oh, come on. It’s got to be traumatic to see her again. | 拜托 再次看到她一定特别痛苦 |
[20:25] | Did you call your therapist? | 你联系过你的治疗师了吗 |
[20:26] | She don’t need to call her. | 她不需要联系她 |
[20:28] | We talked about it a bunch. She’s fine. | 我们谈了不少 她没事的 |
[20:31] | Appreciate the input, Chuck. | 谢谢你的帮助 恰克 |
[20:32] | But, you know, you weren’t around when Anezka was here. | 但阿妮丝卡在时你并不在 |
[20:34] | Well, Petra told me all about her. | 佩特拉告诉了我所有她的事 |
[20:36] | Yeah, that’s… that’s not really the same as actually being here. | 但是那和亲眼见到可能有出入 |
[20:39] | No. | 不 |
[20:40] | It’s better. You know, you’re not living in the past. | 这更好了 你不该活在过去 |
[20:43] | Look, I’m… | 听着 |
[20:45] | I’m not living in the past. | 我没有活在过去 |
[20:48] | Well, this feels familiar, doesn’t it? | 很熟悉的感觉 是吗 |
[20:53] | – You done? – Yeah. | -你说完了吗 -完了 |
[20:54] | – Sorry. – Great. | -抱歉 -很好 |
[20:56] | I appreciate your concern. | 谢谢你的关心 |
[20:58] | But I can handle my sister. | 但我可以解决我妹妹的事 |
[21:04] | Your sister switched rooms. | 你姐姐换了房间 |
[21:05] | Apparently the cannons for the pirate tour | 显然海盗旅程的所有大炮 |
[21:07] | can be heard from their suite. | 都可以从她们的套房听到了 |
[21:09] | What do you want me to do? | 你想要我做什么 |
[21:11] | All right, I’ll shut off their AC. | 我会关掉他们的空调 |
[21:12] | You go repair it and put in a bug. | 你去修 然后装上窃听器 |
[21:14] | I must hear everything. | 我想听到所有一切 |
[21:15] | Tell me all about your book. | 来说说你的书吧 |
[21:18] | Well, it’s a romance novel. | 是部爱情小说 |
[21:20] | Of course it is. | 当然了 |
[21:21] | Yeah. It takes place in 1902. | 故事发生在1902年 |
[21:23] | Wh… Yes, yes, yes. | 什么 好吧 |
[21:24] | Such a good year. Such a good year. | 真是个好年啊 真好 |
[21:26] | Oh, you know it? | 你知道它吗 |
[21:27] | Well, if you chose it… | 如果是你选的 |
[21:30] | it must be great. | 一定很不错 |
[21:36] | Tell me about your book. | 说说你的书吧 |
[21:37] | Uh, it’s-it’s a memoir. | 它是一部回忆录 |
[21:39] | To help my fans understand the real me. | 帮助粉丝了解真正的我 |
[21:41] | Not just the shirtless doctor under a waterfall, | 不是瀑布下裸身的医生 |
[21:44] | or the shirtless detective under a waterfall, | 或是瀑布下裸身的侦探 |
[21:46] | or shirtless serial killer under a waterfall. | 或瀑布下裸身的连环杀手 |
[21:50] | Can you pass the sugar? | 能帮忙把糖递给我吗 |
[21:52] | Oh, sure. | 好的 |
[21:56] | I can’t believe you’re doing this! | 真不敢相信你居然这样做 |
[21:57] | After everything we’ve been through! | 我们一起经历了那么多事 |
[21:59] | – Excuse me? – You broke my heart, | -你说什么呢 -你伤了我的心 |
[22:01] | Jane Villanueva. | 简·维兰纽瓦 |
[22:02] | I’m done. | 我说完了 |
[22:15] | It’s okay. | 好的 |
[22:16] | It’s me, Fabian. | 是我 法比安 |
[22:17] | That was incredible, no? They’re gonna think | 很棒是不是 他们肯定以为 |
[22:19] | – that you’re my lady for sure – Who will? | -你是我的女友 -谁啊 |
[22:21] | All the paparazzi I tipped off. | 我给那些狗仔们通风报信了 |
[22:23] | You say you needed more Twitter followers to sell your book, | 你说你需要更多的推特粉丝 |
[22:25] | and now you’ll have them. | 现在你就会有了 |
[22:26] | My fans will hate-follow you instantly. | 我的粉丝会马上出于嫉妒好奇心理关注你 |
[22:28] | You… you did that so I could get more Twitter followers? | 你是说这样我就会有更多的推特粉丝吗 |
[22:30] | Exactly. For the book fair. | 正是 为了你的书展 |
[22:33] | Oh, that’s… | 这可 |
[22:34] | that’s kind of sweet. | 真的很贴心啊 |
[22:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:38] | Uh, will you tell your dad for me? | 你会在你爸面前帮我说话吗 |
[22:40] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[22:41] | Oh, he’s… my hero. | 他是我的英雄 |
[22:44] | Only I keep putting my foot in my mouth | 但是我每次见到他 |
[22:45] | every time I’m around him. Mm. | 都在说错话 |
[22:47] | Will you put in a good word for me? | 你能帮我说说好话吗 |
[22:49] | Uh, tell him that I tried to help you? | 告诉他我帮过你 |
[22:52] | Sure. | 可以啊 |
[22:53] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[22:55] | So… | 所以 |
[22:57] | Hey, Dad. Feeling better? | 爸爸 感觉好点没 |
[22:59] | So much better. I am refreshed and reenergized | 好多了 我重新理清了思绪 |
[23:02] | and ready to help you with all things social media. | 准备好帮你搞定你的社交媒体了 |
[23:04] | #Let’sDoThis. | #来做吧 |
[23:06] | Actually, Fabian already helped me. | 法比安已经帮了我了 |
[23:09] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[23:11] | I’m sorry. I know I’m not allowed to say | 抱歉 我知道我不该和你 |
[23:13] | anything bad to you about Fabian. It’s just… | 说法比安的坏话 只是 |
[23:16] | he’s been a little hard on me. | 他真的对我有点差啊 |
[23:18] | What are you talking about? He worships you. | 你说什么呢 他很崇拜你的 |
[23:20] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是啊 |
[23:22] | For a second I thought he liked me and I got all excited. | 有那么一瞬间我很兴奋 以为他喜欢我 |
[23:25] | But trust me: it’s all you. | 但相信我 他在意的都是你 |
[23:31] | I have to say, I’m a little tired of everybody | 我得说 我真的有点厌倦了 |
[23:33] | being so happy that Fabian isn’t into me. | 每个人都这么开心于法比安不喜欢我 |
[23:41] | What happened to my choice is my choice? | 不管我的选择带来什么后果都是我自己的事 |
[23:43] | Yeah, with that big helping of guilt. | 会有强烈的内疚感的 |
[23:47] | Wait for it. | 等着吧 |
[24:00] | What? | 什么 |
[24:06] | Abuela, I’m so sorry. | 外婆 我很抱歉 |
[24:23] | On the other hand, | 从另一个角度来说 |
[24:24] | meaningless sex with me would be so hot, Jane. | 和我来次无目的的性爱会很棒的 简 |
[24:28] | It’s so stinking hot in here. | 这里真的很闷热 |
[24:34] | Well, no wonder. | 难怪呢 |
[24:35] | The AC is broken. | 空调坏了 |
[24:37] | I’m gonna call the front desk | 我会打给前台 |
[24:38] | and I’m gonna have ’em come fix it. | 让他们来修理 |
[24:40] | Don’t you think it’s a little suspicious? | 你不觉得有点可疑吗 |
[24:41] | – That the AC is broken? – Right after we happen to switch rooms? | -空调坏了吗 -就在我们换了房间后 |
[24:44] | Well, she’s not a criminal mastermind for nothing. | 她这犯罪主谋可不是白当的 |
[24:54] | Aha– you see? You see that? | 你看到了吗 看到了 |
[24:56] | – You’re being paranoid. – Maybe. | -你疑心太重了 -或许吧 |
[24:57] | But I am not leaving this room unattended. Well… | 但我不能让屋里没人 |
[25:01] | Then what am I supposed to tell Rafael? | 那我应该怎么和拉斐尔说 |
[25:03] | I don’t know what to tell you except it blows. | 我只能跟你说不行 |
[25:05] | I couldn’t get the book fair to bite. | 我不能让你参加书展 |
[25:07] | But you said if I had 20,000 followers… | 但你说过如果我有了20000粉丝 |
[25:11] | I know, but my team did analytics on your followers, | 我知道 但我的团队研究了你的粉丝构成 |
[25:14] | and they’re all from Latin America, | 他们都来自拉丁美洲 |
[25:15] | which won’t convert to book sales | 无法带来图书销量 |
[25:16] | till it’s translated to Spanish, which it won’t be | 除非翻译成西班牙语 |
[25:19] | if the first print run tanks. | 但如果第一版不成功 这是不可能的 |
[25:22] | I-I’m sorry. I’m just frustrated. | 抱歉 我只是有点沮丧 |
[25:25] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[25:28] | So here’s my frustration. | 我不高兴的点在这里 |
[25:29] | If you look up to me so much, why would you assume | 如果你很崇拜我 为什么会觉得 |
[25:31] | I need a stunt double? | 我需要一个替身 |
[25:33] | And why would you take that dig at me | 又为什么要挖苦我 |
[25:35] | about not needing to take my shirt off anymore? | 说我没必要再脱衣服了 |
[25:37] | No, those-those weren’t digs. | 我没有挖苦你 |
[25:38] | I swear. All I meant was that | 我发誓 我只是想说 |
[25:39] | the show would fall apart if you got hurt. | 如果你受伤了 这剧就没法进行了 |
[25:42] | Without you, the show is nothing. | 没有你 这剧毫无意义 |
[25:44] | Just… my abs. | 就只剩下我的腹肌了 |
[25:47] | I’d binge it. | 我很赞同 |
[25:48] | So this isn’t an All About Eve situation? | 所以这不是《彗星美人》的翻版吗 |
[25:51] | Um, I-I don’t know who Eve is. | 我不知道什么”美人” |
[25:54] | But I’m all about you, man. | 但我只在乎你 |
[25:57] | I-I worship you. | 我很崇拜你 |
[25:59] | Ever since I was a little kid, I… | 自从我很小的时候 |
[26:01] | That’s enough about that. | 这就够了 |
[26:03] | And no more using my daughter | 别再利用我女儿 |
[26:05] | and toying with her feelings. | 玩弄她的感情了 |
[26:08] | – Jane? – Yes. | -简 -对 |
[26:09] | She’s brilliant and beautiful, | 她既聪明又漂亮 |
[26:11] | with the soul of Gandhi | 还有着甘地的灵魂 |
[26:12] | and the talent of Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚的才华 |
[26:13] | But you do not mess with her emotions. | 但是你不要玩弄她的感情 |
[26:16] | You don’t have to worry– she said she didn’t like me. | 不用担心 她说她不喜欢我 |
[26:20] | Okay. General rule: | 好吧 基本规则就是 |
[26:23] | when you look like we do, you can never rule that out. | 你跟我一样帅 她怎么可能不喜欢你 |
[26:27] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[26:28] | I understand. | 我懂了 |
[26:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:33] | Hey, uh, you want to get our nails done after work? | 工作结束之后你想修修指甲吗 |
[26:36] | We’re gonna be climbing that hair all week. | 我们一整周都会抓头发 |
[26:37] | That means a lot of hand acting. | 那意味着需要用手 |
[26:41] | Actually, I can’t. | 实际上 我不能 |
[26:45] | Rogelio’s never turned down a good, clear polish before. | 罗格里奥以前从没拒绝过美甲 |
[26:49] | “A polished and lively debut”? | 光鲜亮丽的首次登场 |
[26:51] | Something like that? I just need a quick blurb | 是不是那样的 我只是需要给 |
[26:53] | about my book, anything would help. | 书写个宣传语 什么都行 |
[26:55] | From me? I’m flattered. | 我来写吗 真是荣幸 |
[26:56] | Well… sort of more from your well-known writer friends. | 好吧 其实是你那些博学多才的作家朋友们 |
[27:00] | You’re kind of blurb-adjacent. | 你就像是”接近宣传语” |
[27:03] | Oh, I see how it is. You only come when you need a favor. | 我懂了 只有你在需要帮忙的时候你才会来 |
[27:05] | That is not true. I am here every week. | 不是 我每周都来 |
[27:10] | But, yes, I do happen to need one today. | 不过也没错 我今天确实需要帮助 |
[27:12] | The publisher only ordered 10,000 copies. | 出版商只订了一万份 |
[27:17] | I know. Actually, | 我知道 实际上 |
[27:19] | you’re probably the one person who will understand this, | 可能你是唯一懂得我的人吧 |
[27:21] | but I am trying to fight for my art. | 但是我在尝试为艺术而奋斗 |
[27:23] | – What do you mean? – Well, I could get them | -你在说什么 -我能让他们 |
[27:25] | to print more copies and give a bigger marketing budget | 印更多书 多给点市场预算 |
[27:28] | if I agree to talk about my whole crazy backstory. | 只要我同意讲讲我的疯狂背景故事 |
[27:32] | But of course I said no, | 当然我拒绝了 |
[27:33] | because I want my book to stand on its own. | 因为我想让我的书自力更生 |
[27:35] | Oh, don’t be an idiot. | 别傻了 |
[27:37] | – What? – I was once like you, | -什么 -我以前也像你这样 |
[27:40] | so full of integrity. | 很有骨气 |
[27:42] | You know what being precious about your art gets you? | 你知道艺术给了你最宝贵的东西是什么吗 |
[27:48] | And there’s a storage locker in Boca | 在博卡有个储物柜 |
[27:49] | with the other 7,000 unsold copies. | 还有七千本没卖出去的书 |
[27:53] | Trust me. Sell it with everything you’ve got. | 相信我 使劲卖吧 |
[27:56] | ‘Cause you don’t get a second debut novel. | 因为你再也不会有处女作了 |
[28:15] | – Hey, Jeremy, it’s Jane. – Oh, hi, Jane. | -杰里米 我是简 -简 |
[28:17] | I’ve decided that the marketing people | 我已经决定了 |
[28:18] | can sell the book however they want. | 出版商想怎么卖就怎么卖 |
[28:20] | What? You serious? | 什么 你是认真的吗 |
[28:21] | Just get me into the book fair, okay? | 把书展准备好 好吗 |
[28:23] | On it, yes. | 好的 这就去办 |
[28:31] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[28:32] | I just… I thought Eileen was joining us for dinner. | 我以为艾琳会来跟我们一起吃晚餐 |
[28:35] | It’s my fault. I forgot that her guru | 我的错 我忘记了她的大师 |
[28:37] | is in town for a one-night-only breathing circle. | 今晚在城里讲呼吸循环 |
[28:39] | Okay, good. So she’s still out of the room. | 好吧 她没在 |
[28:42] | Oh, two virgin daiquiris. | 两杯维珍得其利 |
[28:46] | You’re on your phone. | 你在玩 |
[28:47] | – Already. – What are you doing? | -手机了 -你要干嘛 |
[28:49] | Well, clearly, you only like | 很显然你只有在我和艾琳在一起的时候 |
[28:51] | hanging out with me when I’m with Eileen. | 才愿意跟我出来 |
[28:52] | Quick, get her to sit back down! | 快 赶紧让她坐下 |
[28:54] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[28:56] | It’s not. | 不是的 |
[28:57] | Hey, the last couple years, | 这几年 |
[28:59] | things have been really good with us. | 我们一直处的挺好的 |
[29:00] | Good enough for me to see your kids? | 好到能够让我看看你的孩子么 |
[29:03] | It’s worth having a longer conversation about. | 咱可以好好谈谈这个话题 |
[29:07] | Good job, Raf. | 漂亮 拉弗 |
[29:24] | Oh, my God, I can’t take this. | 天啊 无法接受 |
[29:27] | I don’t even know if I’m rooting for him | 我都不知道我还会不会支持 |
[29:27] | to catch her or not. | 抓住她 |
[29:38] | What the hell?! | 什么鬼 |
[29:40] | I’m so sorry, ma’am. | 对不起 女士 |
[29:41] | – Ever heard of knocking? – There was a complaint | -会不会敲门 -有人抱怨 |
[29:42] | – about the AC on the floor. – Go! Go! | -地板上空调 -快走 |
[29:44] | This is so humiliating. | 真是羞辱人 |
[29:49] | Straight out of a telenovela. | 简直是肥皂剧的情节 |
[29:51] | That’s what comes to mind when you hear | 这是当你听到简·维兰纽瓦的 |
[29:52] | Jane Villanueva’s story. | 故事时的第一反应 |
[29:53] | And all that and more is poured into this vibrant | 所有的这些都被注入到这个生动活泼的 |
[29:55] | and lively debut. | 处女作之中 |
[29:57] | So you’re really doing it? | 所以你真的要这么干了吗 |
[29:59] | It’s “On the book fair Web site” Official. | 已经在书展官网上了 |
[30:03] | The more you talk about Michael, | 你越是说迈克尔 |
[30:05] | the easier it will get. | 你就会过得越容易 |
[30:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:20] | It already is. | 已经很容易了 |
[30:30] | I’m scared. | 我有点害怕 |
[30:33] | I don’t… | 我不 |
[30:35] | I just… | 我只是 |
[30:36] | I don’t want Michael to be an anecdote, you know? | 我不想让迈克尔成为奇闻异事 你知道吗 |
[30:40] | Something that once happened. | 有些事情一旦发生了 |
[31:35] | And this book is part of that process because I… | 这本书是那一段经历的一部分 因为 |
[31:40] | wrote the happily ever after I never got. | 我写下了从未得到的幸福结局 |
[31:43] | Your real life story sounds so crazy. | 你的人生故事看起来真疯狂 |
[31:46] | 玛丽亚·桑波 作者 这个是我的 无论你去哪 伯纳黛特 今天将与众不同 | |
[31:47] | OMG, I can’t believe it. | 天 真不敢相信 |
[31:49] | First Britney, then Bruno, | 先是布兰妮 然后是布鲁诺 |
[31:50] | now Maria Semple? | 现在是玛丽亚·桑波 |
[31:52] | The accidental pregnancy, | 意外怀孕 |
[31:54] | the kidnapping. | 绑架 |
[31:55] | You talked about your late husband. | 你谈了你的亡夫 |
[31:57] | How much of the rest made it into the book? | 剩下的部分是怎么写到书里的 |
[32:00] | Let’s just say there’s a lot in there. | 咱就说书里一定有很多吧 |
[32:02] | Thinly veiled. | 不加掩饰 |
[32:03] | Any hesitation talking about this stuff? | 谈论这些事情的时候 有过犹豫吗 |
[32:05] | Oh, yeah. Tons. | 有 当然有 |
[32:07] | Because with writing comes exposure, | 因为伴随着写作的是剖析自己 |
[32:10] | and with exposure comes vulnerability. | 伴随着剖析自己的是脆弱 |
[32:12] | And there are all these stages | 在剖析自己的过程中 |
[32:13] | of exposing yourself. | 总是有着不同的阶段 |
[32:15] | First with writing the book. | 第一就是写书 |
[32:17] | Then marketing it. | 然后是营销 |
[32:18] | Uh, and the last is people reading the book. | 最后是有人读书 |
[32:20] | That’s important, | 这很重要 |
[32:21] | because otherwise I’d just be writing in my diary. | 因为如果不是这样 我就只是写日记了 |
[32:23] | So please go buy the book. Please, please. | 所以 快买吧 |
[32:46] | Mommy, I want to read your book. | 妈妈 我想读你的书 |
[32:48] | When you’re older, Mr. Sweetface. | 等你长大的 笑眯眯先生 |
[32:51] | Much, much older. | 很大的时候 |
[32:52] | I’ve read it. It’s racy. | 我读过了 有点不雅 |
[32:55] | Sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打扰了 |
[32:56] | but I just had to say hello. | 我只是想打个招呼 |
[32:57] | – Oh, hello. – My friend works at a publishing house | -你好 -我有个朋友在出版社工作 |
[32:59] | and got me an advance copy of your book. | 给了我一本你的样书 |
[33:01] | I loved it so much. | 我非常喜欢 |
[33:02] | Wow, really? | 真的吗 |
[33:04] | You’re the first person who’s read it who I don’t know. | 你是陌生人中第一个读这本书的人 |
[33:06] | I didn’t get out of my pajamas until I finished. | 我看了一晚上 睡衣都没脱 |
[33:08] | You are making my life right now. | 你简直给了我生活的希望 |
[33:11] | Can I take a picture with you? | 我能跟你合影吗 |
[33:13] | Is Jane fangirling out on her first fan? | 简是不是对她的第一个粉丝有点痴迷了 |
[33:15] | Only if you agree to sign this for me. | 只要你签名就可以 |
[33:17] | You want my autograph? | 你想要我的签名 |
[33:22] | I am passing the baton. | 我把指挥棒交给你了 |
[33:32] | I mean… | 我在说 |
[33:33] | it was only three autographs, but it was kind of awesome. | 虽然只有三个签名 但算是很不错了 |
[33:36] | And I can’t believe I’m even saying that. | 不敢相信我竟然这么说 |
[33:38] | Good, you deserved it. | 很好 是你应得的 |
[33:40] | Celebrate in your room tonight… | 今晚在你房间里用这张海报 |
[33:43] | with this. | 来庆祝吧 |
[33:44] | Don’t be gross. | 别这么恶心 |
[33:46] | I’m over Fabian. | 我已经忘记法比安了 |
[33:47] | He texted and said he’d come to the book fair, | 他发短信说会去参加书展 |
[33:49] | and then he bailed on me. | 结果却放我鸽子 |
[33:51] | Fame is my new lover. | 名气是我的新欢 |
[34:00] | Oh, can we talk? | 能聊两句吗 |
[34:06] | Fabian, what are you doing here? | 法比安 你怎么来了 |
[34:08] | I… | 我 |
[34:14] | I… I couldn’t stop thinking about you after the book fair. | 书展之后 我满脑子想的都是你 |
[34:17] | You were there? | 你去了书展吗 |
[34:18] | Why didn’t you say hello? | 怎么没过来打个招呼 |
[34:21] | I was too nervous. | 我太紧张了 |
[34:22] | – What? – Your words were so incredible. | -什么 -你的话说得太好了 |
[34:24] | What you said about being exposed, | 你说过暴露在灯光之下 |
[34:26] | it-it really spoke to me. | 简直说到我心里去了 |
[34:28] | And I think you’ll see why when you read my book. | 我想你看了我的书 就知道为什么了 |
[34:33] | I can’t wait to open it. | 等不及打开看 |
[34:34] | – That’s my book. – Yeah, you just said. | -这是我的书 -你刚刚说过了 |
[34:37] | Also, I spoke to your dad, | 还有 我和你爸聊过了 |
[34:39] | and I told him that I was coming here | 我和他说我要来这里 |
[34:40] | and that I wanted to ask you out. | 我想约你出去 |
[34:43] | He said it’s okay. | 他说可以 |
[34:44] | He did? | 是吗 |
[34:46] | Is that what’s happening? | 你真的要约我出去吗 |
[34:49] | It is. | 是的 |
[34:51] | Will you go on a date with me, Jane Villanueva? | 你愿意和我约会吗 简·维兰纽瓦 |
[34:55] | I would love to. | 我愿意 |
[35:04] | Oh, this is really happening. | 看来是真的 |
[35:06] | I guess the sprinklers are just on timers. | 我想洒水器设置了时间 |
[35:08] | – So, what time does Anezka get in? – Noon. | -阿妮丝卡什么时候到 -中午 |
[35:12] | Okay, girls. Have a great day at school. | 好了 姑娘们 在学校过得开心 |
[35:13] | I’ll come get you after martial arts. | 武术课后我会去接你们 |
[35:15] | Bye, Mommy. | 拜 妈妈 |
[35:17] | Okay, come on. | 走吧 |
[35:18] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[35:20] | Call me if you need anything. | 有需要就打给我 |
[35:27] | Okay, so, when are we gonna have a talk | 那我们什么时候讨论一下 |
[35:29] | about the fact that your ex still has the hots for you? | 你的前任还迷恋着你的事 |
[35:33] | What? | 什么 |
[35:35] | – No, he doesn’t. – Yes, he does. | -他没有 -他有 |
[35:38] | And if you can’t see it, | 如果你看不到这点 |
[35:38] | you’re blinder than a bat in a chimney fire. | 你就比扑火的飞蛾还瞎 |
[35:43] | Stop. You’re being ridiculous. | 够了 你太荒谬了 |
[36:46] | I heard the great news. | 我听说了好消息 |
[36:48] | They upped your book order. | 他们增加了你新书的订单 |
[36:49] | Well, it’s only 5,000 more copies. | 只多加了五千本而已 |
[36:51] | But it’s something. | 但已经很厉害了 |
[36:56] | Oh, and you’re here to see Fabian. | 你是来见法比安的 |
[36:59] | Wait, he said he spoke to you. | 等等 他说他和你聊过了 |
[37:00] | Of course. Of course, yes. Go to him. | 当然 当然 去找他吧 |
[37:03] | You okay, Dad? | 你没事吧 爸 |
[37:04] | O-Oh, yes. | 没事 |
[37:05] | I just have to accept | 我只是得接受 |
[37:06] | that I’m no longer the only telenovela star in your life. | 我再也不是你人生中唯一一个肥皂剧之星了 |
[37:10] | You’re still the main one, okay? | 你还是最重要的一个 |
[37:21] | You’re a great actor, Rogelio. | 你是个一流的演员 罗格里奥 |
[37:23] | – I know. Thank you. – But you can’t fool me. | -我知道 谢谢 -但是你糊不了我 |
[37:25] | What’s really going on? | 到底是怎么了 |
[37:27] | It’s just hard thinking about Jane dating someone new. | 一想到简要和人约会 我就很难过 |
[37:31] | And I know it’s not fair. I know she has to move on. | 我知道这样不公平 我知道她必须向前看 |
[37:33] | No, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[37:35] | I just don’t want to start getting mani-pedis with Fabian. | 我只是不想和法比安一起去做美甲 |
[37:46] | Michael was my best friend. | 迈克尔曾经是我最好的朋友 |
[37:48] | I really loved him. | 我真的很爱他 |
[37:50] | And I still think about him every single day. | 每一天我依然会想起他 |
[37:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:56] | A-And I never want to burden Jane. | 我绝对不想增加简的负担 |
[38:00] | I know that, too. | 这我也知道 |
[38:02] | Thank you for telling me. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[38:05] | And trust me… | 相信我 |
[38:07] | Fabian is not taking Michael’s place. | 法比安是无法取代迈克尔的 |
[38:19] | Actually, Abuela, | 其实 外婆 |
[38:20] | technically they aren’t selfies. | 严格来说 这些不是自拍 |
[38:22] | They’re stills from his snaps. | 这些是静止快照 |
[38:33] | What’s with all the giggling? | 你们在呵呵傻笑什么呢 |
[38:34] | We’re reading Fabian’s book. | 我们在看法比安的书 |
[38:36] | “Chillin’ in Capri pants in Capri. | 《穿着卡普里裤在卡普里岛享受》 |
[38:38] | #CapriToBeYouAndMe.” | #卡普里属于你和我 |
[38:40] | Hey, he wrote that himself. | 那是他自己写的 |
[38:41] | – Let’s give him some credit. – Oh, my God. | -表扬他一下吧 -天呐 |
[38:42] | – Let me see it. – Oh, my God. | -给我看看 -天呐 |
[38:47] | Yeah. | 对吧 |
[38:49] | What a difference 20 years makes. | 相差二十年真是不一样 |
[38:53] | You may have to be married | 也许你必须先结婚 |
[38:54] | to have sex, Abuela, but I do not. | 才能滚床单 外婆 但是我不必 |
[38:56] | And trust. | 相信我 |
[38:57] | I am gonna hit this. | 我会驯服他的 |
[39:00] | Also about to get screwed? | 而且就要完蛋了 |
[39:02] | Anezka should have landed by now. | 阿妮丝卡的飞机应该着陆了 |
[39:03] | Okay, calm down. She’s not that late. | 冷静点 她不会迟多久 |
[39:05] | I can’t calm down. You have no idea what she’s capable of doing. | 我没法冷静 你根本不知道她的能力 |
[39:14] | Why isn’t she answering? | 她为什么不接电话 |
[39:15] | She’s probably just getting her luggage. | 她也许在拿行李 |
[39:17] | No. Something is off. | 不 事情不对劲 |
[39:19] | – You’re wrong. – I am not. | -你错了 -我没错 |
[39:21] | And I am sick of being cooped up in this sweaty room. | 我讨厌被囚禁在这个全是汗臭味的房间 |
[39:26] | So I am going to put my face back on, | 所以我要以我的真面目示人 |
[39:29] | and then we are going to leave. | 然后我们要离开 |
[39:31] | No. | 不行 |
[39:34] | What? | 什么 |
[39:36] | I don’t want to leave. | 我不想走 |
[39:39] | I’m finally having a breakthrough with Rafael, | 我终于和拉斐尔有了进展 |
[39:41] | and I might meet his kids. | 也许会和他的孩子见见面 |
[39:43] | Well… | 但是 |
[39:45] | we can’t stay. | 我们不能留下来 |
[39:47] | Please. | 拜托 |
[39:50] | I’m leaving, Luisa. | 我要走 路易莎 |
[39:54] | Are you coming with me? | 你要跟我一起走吗 |
[39:58] | Hello? | 喂 |
[39:58] | – Sister. – Anezka, where are you? | -姐姐 -阿妮丝卡 你在哪 |
[40:00] | You were supposed to get in a cab | 你不是应该坐上出租车 |
[40:01] | and come straight to the Marbella. | 直接来玛贝拉的吗 |
[40:02] | Well, I couldn’t do that because when I got off the plane, | 我去不了 因为我下飞机时 |
[40:04] | the police were arresting me. | 警察就逮捕了我 |
[40:06] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[40:06] | You said they were just going to ask questions | 你说他们只是要问些问题 |
[40:08] | and then I would get electric bike. | 然后我就会得到电动车 |
[40:10] | Yeah, well… that’s what they said. | 他们是这么说的 |
[40:12] | I’m in jail, Petra. | 我现在在牢里 佩特拉 |
[40:13] | No. No, no, no. That… that wasn’t the deal. | 不不不 协议不是这样的 |
[40:15] | No, they promised it was just questions. | 不 他们答应过只是问问题 |
[40:17] | Well, you better fix this, | 你最好把我弄出去 |
[40:19] | or I will tell them all what I know. | 否则我就把知道的事全告诉他们 |
[40:21] | And then you, sister, will be in orange jumpsuit with me. | 然后你 姐姐 会和我一起穿上橙色囚服 |