时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Friends, our Jane has been through so much. | 朋友们 简经历太多了 |
[00:03] | She got married to Michael, but then he died. | 她和迈克尔结婚 但他死了 |
[00:06] | And so she wrote a book about their love story, | 所以她写了一本关于他俩的爱情小说 |
[00:09] | and it was going to be published. | 就要出版了 |
[00:10] | So, great news there. | 真是好消息 |
[00:12] | Plus, she reconnected with her very first love, adam. | 另外 她和初恋亚当重逢了 |
[00:15] | Less happy? Our Rafael. | 不开心的 是拉斐尔 |
[00:17] | After he lost all his money and was kicked out of the hotel, | 他钱打了水漂 还被赶出酒店 |
[00:21] | well, he hit a real low point. | 经历了人生一大低谷 |
[00:22] | I just want to step back. | 我想后退一步 |
[00:29] | Luckily, jane was there for him. | 幸运的是 简陪着他 |
[00:32] | Not as lucky? Sister Luisa. | 没那么幸运的 是路易莎 |
[00:34] | See, she thought she was going crazy | 她觉得自己疯了 |
[00:36] | because she was hallucinating some guy named Carl. | 因为她幻想出了卡尔这个人 |
[00:39] | You see Carl here, right? | 你能看见卡尔对不 |
[00:41] | No. | 没有 |
[00:42] | So she checked herself into a psychiatric hospital. | 所以她进了精神病院 |
[00:45] | But OMG! Carl was real. | 但是天啊 卡尔是真的 |
[00:48] | See, Petra’s twin sister, Anezka, | 佩特拉的妹妹阿妮丝卡 |
[00:49] | and their mother, Magda, set Luisa up | 还有妈妈玛格达玩了路易莎一把 |
[00:52] | so they could assume control of the hotel. | 这样她们就可以控制酒店了 |
[00:54] | In the event of her incapacitation, | 如果发生她丧失能力的情况 |
[00:56] | all her hotel shares go to Anezka. | 她酒店的所有股份会转给阿妮丝卡 |
[00:58] | I know. | 我就知道 |
[00:59] | Straight out of a telenovela, right? | 真是狗血电视剧啊 |
[01:01] | Well, imagine this. | 想象一下这个 |
[01:02] | Jane’s father was a huge telenovela star, | 简爸是肥皂剧巨星 |
[01:04] | but he absolutely hated his costar, Fabian. | 但他恨自己的同事法比安 |
[01:07] | Luckily, Fabian was killed off their telenovela. | 幸运的是 法比安领便当了 |
[01:10] | Which reminds me, | 这让我想起 |
[01:11] | I did say someone would die on ours. | 我说过会有人死 |
[01:16] | When Jane Gloriana Villanueva was 14 years old, she was given a gift | 当简十四岁时 收到了一个礼物 |
[01:21] | that would change her life. | 会改变她的一生 |
[01:23] | I love The House on Mango Street so much. | 我超喜欢《芒果街上的房子》 |
[01:26] | What should I read next? | 我接下来该读什么 |
[01:27] | Is it time? | 是时候了吗 |
[01:28] | I think so. | 应该吧 |
[01:30] | We’ve been saving one of our favorite recommendations, | 我们一直留着最喜欢的推荐 |
[01:32] | and we think you’re finally ready for Isabel Allende. | 我们觉得你终于可以读伊莎贝尔·阿连德啦 |
[01:37] | And, friends, | 朋友们 |
[01:38] | as Jane tore through the trials of the Trueba family, | 当简读着书中的故事 |
[01:41] | she realized she wasn’t the only one who saw the world… | 她意识到不只她一个人看这个世界 |
[01:45] | a certain way. | 是这种方式 |
[01:46] | It’s called magical realism. | 叫魔幻现实主义 |
[01:50] | And there is a whole Latin American literary tradition to explore. | 拉丁美洲的文学传统等待你发掘 |
[02:07] | And explore, Jane did. | 简于是去发掘了 |
[02:15] | Try this one. | 试试这本 |
[02:17] | Now this. | 这本 |
[02:18] | And over the years, | 这么多年 |
[02:19] | as Jane read more and more stories, | 简读了越来越多的故事 |
[02:22] | her world opened up. | 她打开了新世界的大门 |
[02:29] | And often, she felt inspired. | 她经常灵感突发 |
[02:38] | Always write when the spirit moves you. | 灵感来了 就开始写 |
[02:41] | Also, as a sidenote, | 顺便说一句 |
[02:43] | maybe it’s time to have sex. | 你该上个床了 |
[02:44] | I mean, you are already pregnant. | 你已经怀孕了还能怎样 |
[02:47] | But, until then, go on. Write. | 但在那之前 去写吧 |
[02:51] | And so, yes, this bookstore always held a special place in Jane’s heart. | 没错 这家书店一直在简的心中位置独特 |
[02:56] | Which is why… | 因此 |
[02:57] | When my book comes out, | 我的书出版时 |
[02:58] | it would mean the world to me to have my launch party here. | 如果能在这里发行 对我意义会非常重大 |
[03:01] | – Really? – I can’t imagine doing it anywhere else. | -真的吗 -别的地方我都不要 |
[03:03] | We’d be so honored! | 真是太荣幸了 |
[03:08] | Which brings us here… …now. | 于是我们现在… |
[03:09] | 出版商 现在 | |
[03:16] | It’s your book, Mommy! | 是你的书啊 妈妈 |
[03:18] | It’s finally here. Yeah. | 总算来了 |
[03:20] | I’m a published freaking author! | 我也是出了书的作家了 |
[03:29] | 《处女情缘》 出了书的作家 | |
[03:41] | You know Mateo can’t read, right? | 马特奥还不会认字 |
[03:43] | He’s not allowed to read my book till he’s 25, anyway. | 他要等到二十五岁才能读我的书 |
[03:46] | But, when that day comes, | 当那天到来时 |
[03:47] | I think he’s gonna be very touched that I wrote him a note | 看到我写的话 他会非常感动的 |
[03:50] | that was so thoughtful and moving. | 如此贴心 如此感人 |
[03:57] | I need to vent. | 我要吐槽 |
[03:58] | Anezka’s offering guests a discount for paying in cash. | 阿妮丝卡向现金支付的顾客提供折扣 |
[04:01] | 现金折扣 免费虾鸡尾酒 | |
[04:02] | What? Why? | 为啥 |
[04:03] | So that she and my mother can pocket it. | 所以她和她妈可以拿钱 |
[04:05] | They act like they’re running a backroom poker game, not a hotel. | 她们好像在经营地下赌场 不是酒店 |
[04:08] | You have to help me get her out of here. | 你得帮我把她弄出去 |
[04:10] | I’m sorry, but I’m not getting involved with the hotel right now. | 对不起 我现在不想掺和酒店的事 |
[04:13] | What? Why not? | 为啥 |
[04:16] | Is Jane sitting right there? | 简在你旁边吗 |
[04:17] | Ah, yes, | 是的 |
[04:18] | the ghost of rivalries past. | 过去的死敌 |
[04:20] | This is my choice. | 这是我的选择 |
[04:22] | I’ve decided I’m letting the hotel go until Luisa is better, | 我决定等路易莎好点 再想酒店的事 |
[04:24] | and then we’ll see where we’re at. | 在考虑之后的事 |
[04:26] | Your sister hallucinated a person. | 你的姐姐幻想出来一个人 |
[04:27] | She could be in the mental institution for months. | 她可能得待好几个月 |
[04:29] | I just need to step away for my own well-being. | 为了我自己的健康 我不想插手 |
[04:33] | you need to get out of the Villanueva house. | 你得从简家搬出来 |
[04:36] | Everything okay? | 还好吗 |
[04:37] | Well, my sister’s shares have reverted back to a lunatic | 我姐姐的股份到了一个疯子手上 |
[04:40] | who’s running the hotel I built into the ground, | 她快把酒店经营破产了 |
[04:41] | and I can’t even go inside to see my children. | 我还不能进去看我的孩子 |
[04:45] | Remind me why I need to let go. | 告诉我为什么不要插手 |
[04:47] | Because lying and sneaking around got you thrown in jail in the past | 因为说谎和鬼鬼祟祟让你坐过牢 |
[04:51] | and run over by a car in the present, | 现在又让你被车撞 |
[04:53] | so we need to protect the future. | 所以我们得保护好未来 |
[04:55] | Not just for you, but for your children, | 不只为你 还为你的孩子 |
[04:57] | who need you as a role model. | 他们视你为榜样 |
[05:01] | Guilt plus scare tactics. Well done. | 愧疚和恐吓 真棒 |
[05:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:05] | And, not to pile on, | 不是逼你 |
[05:06] | but seeing as you’re stepping back until Luisa is declared mentally competent– | 既然你要等路易莎好起来再说 |
[05:10] | which could take months– | 而这需要好几个月 |
[05:13] | why not put out some job feelers? | 为什么不找找工作呢 |
[05:17] | What? | 什么 |
[05:18] | Just to take off the financial pressure until everything’s sorted out. | 解决麻烦之前 先解决自己的经济问题 |
[05:21] | Plus, it’ll give you something to do. | 而且会让你有事做 |
[05:23] | And get you out of the house. | 还可以让你滚出房子 |
[05:25] | Yeah. Why not? | 是啊 为什么不呢 |
[05:28] | Maybe I could consult somewhere. | 也许我可以做顾问 |
[05:29] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[05:30] | Like a boutique hotel. That could be kind of cool. | 精品酒店 肯定会很棒 |
[05:32] | Great. | 没错 |
[05:36] | This note’s everything. | 我写的话太棒了 |
[05:39] | I still can’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[05:41] | In hardcover. | 精装版 |
[05:45] | The new Angelique Harper? | 新的安吉丽·哈珀 |
[05:47] | And a hardcover. How decadent. | 还是精装版 真是奢侈 |
[05:50] | You okay? | 还好吗 |
[05:52] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[05:54] | Just taking it in. | 好好感受 |
[05:55] | Overwhelmed. | 太震撼了 |
[05:58] | And how about that cover? | 封面怎么样 |
[06:00] | Stop, this isn’t about me. | 我怎么看不重要 |
[06:02] | You’re a published author. | 你才是出了书的作家 |
[06:03] | I’m a published author! | 我出书了 |
[06:07] | Okay, okay, fine, fine. I’ll autograph your copy. | 好了好了 我给你签个名 |
[06:09] | Do your thing. Yes. | 签吧 |
[06:11] | That is you and me. | 这是你和我 |
[06:13] | I’m the one with the longer hair. | 我头发长 |
[06:18] | Hey, so, how’s that party coming? | 派对怎么样 |
[06:20] | Any agents RSVP yet? | 有经纪人回复吗 |
[06:21] | Yes, two so far. | 有两个了 |
[06:23] | Plus Caridad Piñeiro, | 加上卡里达·皮涅罗 |
[06:24] | who is, like, the queen of the Latina romance world. | 她就是拉丁浪漫文学界的女王 |
[06:27] | And I sent a very carefully crafted tweet | 我还发了一条精心编写的推特 |
[06:31] | about the party to Isabel Allende. | 关于伊莎贝尔·阿连德的派对 |
[06:33] | Who? | 谁 |
[06:35] | What? What? | 咋了 |
[06:36] | She is, like, my favorite author of all time. | 那可是我最喜欢的作家 |
[06:39] | She’s, like, my Stan Lee. | 她就是我的斯坦·李 |
[06:44] | What did you tweet? | 你为什么发推 |
[06:49] | 亲爱的伊莎贝尔 我是你的忠实粉丝 也是个作家和活动家 你点燃了我的灵感 我在网站上看到你在迈阿密 | |
[06:58] | It-it may have gone on a little long, | 也许有点长 |
[07:00] | but you get the point. I invited her to the party. | 但其实就是我邀请了她来派对 |
[07:02] | I am so proud of you. | 我真为你感到自豪 |
[07:04] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:07] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[07:08] | Yeah, that didn’t really happen. | 其实上面这句话并没有讲出口 |
[07:12] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[07:14] | I’m kind of proud of me, too. | 我也挺为自己感到自豪的 |
[07:15] | I can’t believe I almost said “I love you.” | 真不敢相信”我爱你”差点从我嘴里脱口而出 |
[07:17] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道自己被什么感觉所包围 |
[07:18] | Sounds like love came over you. | 听起来是爱情包围了你 |
[07:20] | No. No, no, no, no. | 非也 非也 |
[07:21] | It is way too early. | 现在谈及爱情还为时尚早 |
[07:23] | I think I just got swept up | 我一定是被新书发表带来的喜悦心情 |
[07:25] | with excitement about my book. | 一时冲昏了头脑 |
[07:27] | A-And he was so sweet about my party. | 他对我派对的事情又特别上心 |
[07:31] | I’m not ready to use the “L” word. | 我还没有做好准备说L打头的那个字 |
[07:33] | Lakomy. | 小气 |
[07:33] | Velmi lakomy. | 非常小气 |
[07:36] | I’m not being stingy | 我不让你们从酒店房间预订 |
[07:37] | because I refuse to let you skim cash off the bookings. | 上面抽油水 这并不叫小气 |
[07:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:41] | Let’s take a vote. | 那咱们投票表决 |
[07:42] | Who is for cash discounts? | 谁同意现金折扣这个提议 |
[07:45] | Oh, wait, I control two-thirds of hotel. | 慢着 我掌握着酒店三分之二的股权 |
[07:46] | Two to one. I win again. | 二比一 我又赢了 |
[07:48] | Perfect. Anezka, double the nightly rate. | 太棒了 安妮丝卡 把酒店日常收费翻番 |
[07:51] | You can’t just double a hotel rate. | 你们不能随便把酒店日常收费翻番 |
[07:52] | There are price points. | 要考虑价格点的 |
[07:54] | Speaking of price points, | 说到价格点 |
[07:56] | ours has gone up. | 我们心里那个数已经涨了 |
[07:58] | If you want us to walk away, | 如果你想用钱把我们娘俩打发走 |
[08:00] | we will need ten million. | 最好备齐一千万美金 |
[08:03] | I don’t have that kind of cash. | 我没有那种现金 |
[08:05] | Well, I guess you’re just going to have to book | 我想你只能去预定 |
[08:07] | a lot of expensive rooms. | 很多收费颇高的酒店房间了 |
[08:09] | This plan makes no sense. | 你们这计划行不通 |
[08:10] | We just had termites. Bookings are down. | 酒店刚闹过白蚁 入住率已经下降了 |
[08:13] | We’re trying to bring people here, | 我们在努力往酒店里招揽客人 |
[08:14] | not drive them away. | 而不是把他们赶走 |
[08:16] | You don’t have to go along with her. | 你不用非得和她搅和在一起 |
[08:18] | You’re the one in charge of the hotel. | 酒店的生杀大权掌握在你手中 |
[08:19] | Not her. | 不是这位女士 |
[08:20] | Yes. I am in charge. | 没错 是掌握在我手中 |
[08:23] | That is why I have new business shoes. | 所以我买了一双新的商务鞋 |
[08:27] | And I trust mother. | 而且我信任妈妈 |
[08:30] | It is like I am queen, | 好比我是女王 |
[08:32] | and she is my hand. | 妈妈就是我的左右手 |
[08:34] | Well, more like your hook. | 更像是你的钩子吧 |
[08:36] | I never thought that I’d miss having Luisa in charge. | 没想到我也有会开始怀念路易莎掌权的这一天 |
[08:38] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[08:39] | And did Luisa tell you she wanted to sell the hotel | 那路易莎有没有告诉你 |
[08:42] | to get enough money | 她卖掉酒店的原因 |
[08:43] | to break her crime lord girlfriend out of jail? | 就是把她罪犯头子女友从监狱里捞出来 |
[08:47] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[08:49] | T-the villain did something really bad. | 坏人干了件特别坏的事 |
[08:51] | So sorry I’m late. | 我迟到了 很抱歉 |
[08:53] | Did Teresa finally tell Elena | 特丽莎最后告诉埃琳娜了吗 其实 |
[08:55] | that Rodrigo was really Juan Carlos in a bad wig? | 罗德里戈就是头戴丑陋假发的胡安·卡洛斯 |
[08:57] | I actually don’t mind the wig, but no. | 我觉得那顶假发还行 不过她没说 |
[08:59] | She decided to keep it a secret to use as leverage | 她打算把此事当做秘密按住不表 |
[09:02] | for when Raul reveals that he’s not actually dead. | 待到劳尔揭示他还活着时 当成优势来用 |
[09:05] | Classic. Come on, Mateo. | 太经典了 来吧 马特奥 |
[09:07] | You’re coming to my house. | 跟外婆回家 |
[09:08] | Okay, I’m off to drop signed copies of my book | 好吧 我也要出门了 把我签过名的新书 |
[09:10] | to the bookstore because I am a published author. | 送到书店里 因为我现在是出过书的作家了 |
[09:21] | Look at her. | 快看看这个小妞 |
[09:22] | Nothing can shake that smile. | 没人能破坏她的好心情 |
[09:32] | Oh, dear. | 我的天 |
[09:33] | Looks like the bottom fell out of her plans. | 看来她的计划落空了 |
[09:36] | Oh, come on, universe. | 拜托 老天爷 |
[09:38] | That’s a little on the nose. | 这时机也太好了吧 |
[09:43] | – Hey, guys. What’s going on with the store? – Oh, no. | -书店怎么了 -不 |
[09:46] | I can’t believe it. | 我也很难相信 |
[09:47] | In all the chaos, we just forgot. | 这乱七八糟的 我忘了 |
[09:50] | – Well, what happened? – Our building was sold, | -发生了什么 -那栋大楼被卖掉了 |
[09:52] | and the new landlord raised the rent. | 新房东提高了租金 |
[09:54] | – We can’t afford it. – Wha…? | -我们负担不起 -什么 |
[09:55] | We’ve been praying for a miracle, but… | 我们一直祈祷希望奇迹出现 但是 |
[09:58] | No one knows they’re there anymore. | 他们店开在那里 鲜有人知 |
[10:00] | I mean, more of us buy our books online. | 现在大家都从网上买书了 |
[10:02] | No one goes to the bookstores. | 很少有人会光顾书店了 |
[10:04] | Oh, it’s just so sad. | 太悲哀了 |
[10:05] | That little place is so magical, | 那片小天地充满了魔力 |
[10:07] | and it’s the only bilingual bookstore in the neighborhood. | 那也是附近唯一一家英西双语的书店 |
[10:09] | Sorry, hon. | 很遗憾 亲 |
[10:10] | What about your party, though? | 那你的派对怎么办呢 |
[10:12] | Well, I’ll just have to go with Plan B, I guess. | 估计我只能启用B计划了 |
[10:14] | I’ll have it at the publisher’s office. | 我去出版商的办公室里庆祝吧 |
[10:17] | Plan B? | 这就是B计划吗 |
[10:18] | More like plan Blech. | 不如说是呕计划吧 |
[10:20] | Office parties are so sad. | 在办公室开派对太悲哀了 |
[10:22] | All the fluorescent lighting. Sheet cake. | 日光灯的照射下 了然无趣的单层大块蛋糕 |
[10:26] | And all the cubicles | 还有那些被众人 |
[10:27] | decorated with pictures of people’s sad, | 可怜可悲的孩子们的面孔装饰起来的 |
[10:30] | sad children. | 一间间狭小的办公隔间 |
[10:32] | FYI– Rogelio had | 顺便一提 1998年 |
[10:34] | a brief office job in 1998. | 罗格里奥曾有一份办公室的工作 |
[10:36] | It still haunts him. | 这段经历依然如噩梦般萦绕在他心头 |
[10:38] | It’ll be fine, dad. | 没关系 老爸 |
[10:39] | Come on, Mr. Sweetface! | 快来 笑眯眯先生 |
[10:40] | It’s been five minutes. Time to go. | 已经五分钟了 该走了 |
[10:41] | No…! | 不 |
[10:48] | I have the most amazing idea. | 我有一个特别棒的点子 |
[10:50] | You’re not recreating | 你不能在肥皂剧拍摄现场 |
[10:51] | the bookstore on the set of your telenovela. | 把那间书店重建起来 |
[10:53] | – Why not? – Because when you recreated the house | -为什么不行 -因为你当初为了简的婚礼 |
[10:55] | for Jane’s wedding, it cost you 50 grand. | 重建起来的那栋房子 就花掉了五万美金 |
[10:58] | We don’t have that kind of money right now. | 我们手头没那份闲钱 |
[11:00] | The rent on our house… | 我们的房租 |
[11:00] | Our gorgeous waterfront mansion, you mean. | 你说的是我们华丽的水岸公馆 |
[11:03] | …is exorbitant. Jane will be fine. | 已经花了不少钱了 简没事的 |
[11:06] | She’s a grown woman. | 她已经不是小孩子了 |
[11:07] | But it’s my duty as her father… | 但这是作为父亲的我 |
[11:09] | Rogelio, if you build that bookstore, | 如果你想复原那间书店 |
[11:11] | plan on moving into it. | 就做好住进去的准备吧 |
[11:15] | No sulking. | 别生闷气了 |
[11:16] | Go to work. You’re gonna be late for your fitting. | 快去工作吧 你快赶不上试服装了 |
[11:26] | Good afternoon, ex-costar. | 下午好 前合作伙伴 |
[11:28] | You must be here for your funeral fitting. | 你一定是来为葬礼试戏服的吧 |
[11:30] | How is civilian life as number none | 眼下摄制日程表上再也看不到你的名字 |
[11:32] | on the call sheet treating you? | 敢问阁下的平民生活过得可还舒心 |
[11:35] | Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that. | 其实我下跟你谈谈那件事 |
[11:38] | Now that you got what you wanted… | 既然你已经得到自己想要的了 |
[11:42] | I’m wondering if you can find it in your heart | 我在想你会不会发自内心深处 |
[11:43] | to give me what I want. | 给予我想要的东西 |
[11:45] | A dignified farewell scene. | 一场庄严的告别戏 |
[11:48] | But you are already dead. | 但你的角色已经死了 |
[11:50] | Not if I come back as a ghost. | 但我还可以变成鬼魂回来 |
[11:51] | Like in Our Town, | 就像老电影《我们的小镇》里 |
[11:53] | when Emily appears as a ghost at her own funeral. | 艾米莉以鬼魂的身份出现在自己的葬礼上 |
[11:56] | Like Amor en la Familia, when Matias comes back | 就像《我爱我家》里 马蒂亚斯死而复生 |
[11:59] | from the dead to kill his stepbrother | 然后杀死与自己的亲身父亲 |
[12:01] | because he slept with his father. | 发生关系的继兄的桥段 |
[12:03] | – Or that. – Exactly! | -或者就是他说的这个 -没错 |
[12:05] | Just one scene. | 就一场戏 |
[12:06] | I’ll come to my funeral at full size, | 我将以真人大小出现在自己的葬礼上 |
[12:08] | and make a short but impassioned speech | 然后做一段以宝贵的生命为主题 |
[12:10] | about the preciousness of life. | 简短却不失激情的演讲 |
[12:13] | I’m up for a movie, and I’m looking | 我打算拍一部电影 但我仍在寻找 |
[12:14] | for something dramatic for my reading. | 一些戏剧性的东西 |
[12:16] | You know, to show my range. | 可以展示我涉猎广泛的那种 |
[12:22] | Come on, sexpot to sexpot… | 这是一场两个性感男星之间的对话 |
[12:25] | Can you help me? | 你能帮帮我吗 |
[12:27] | After all that you have done | 你试图毁掉我人生 玷污我的宝贝女儿 |
[12:29] | to try to destroy my life and sully my daughter, | 在做过那么多卑鄙下流的勾当后 |
[12:32] | how dare you come and beg for more screen time! | 你还敢来求我给你留更多出现在屏幕上的时间 |
[12:37] | I hope you never work in this town… again. | 我希望你在这里永远都找不到工作 |
[12:44] | 拉斐尔·索拉诺 工作经历 | |
[12:46] | That’s it, huh? | 就这么多吗 |
[12:47] | Yeah. My headhunter said the same thing. | 没错 我的猎头跟你说的一样 |
[12:50] | I got to figure out a way to beef it up a bit. | 我得想办法把简历内容扩充一下 |
[12:51] | It’s not quantity, it’s quality. | 数量不重要 重要的是质量 |
[12:54] | Plus, he says they’ll run a background check, | 另外 他说他们会做背景调查 |
[12:55] | and my criminal record doesn’t help. | 我有犯罪记录 应该起不到什么正面作用 |
[12:57] | I mean, I could have told you that. | 我应该已经告诉过你了 |
[12:59] | You just got to keep pounding the pavement. | 你继续找吧 |
[13:01] | You’ll find something. | 一定会找到工作的 |
[13:02] | I hope so. | 借你吉言吧 |
[13:06] | It says that you’re analytic, | 上面说你善于分析 |
[13:08] | fair-minded, result-oriented, | 正直中允 重视结果 |
[13:10] | and incredibly sexy. | 而且性感得无可救药 |
[13:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:17] | Just joined LinkedIn. | 刚刚注册领英账号 |
[13:18] | No! No, no, not LinkedIn. | 不 不是领英 |
[13:21] | What’s wrong with it? | 领英怎么了 |
[13:21] | Oh, when you sign up, it e-mails everyone | 你注册的时候 |
[13:23] | in your whole address book for, like, eternity. | 它会给你整个地址簿里面的人发邮件 永久的 |
[13:25] | No, that can’t be true. | 不 这不可能 |
[13:27] | LinkedIn? Are you serious? | 领英 你在逗我吗 |
[13:28] | I didn’t know. I’m sorry. Where are the girls? | 我不知道 对不起 孩子们呢 |
[13:30] | On their way with their nanny. | 跟保姆来的路上 |
[13:32] | And you should be working here. | 你应该在这工作 |
[13:33] | My mother is a horror show. | 我妈妈简直就是恐怖秀 |
[13:35] | We’ve been losing bookings left and right. | 我们一直在失策 |
[13:36] | You think I don’t want to be near my kids? | 你以为我不想和孩子们在一起吗 |
[13:38] | You think it’s easy for me to watch your mother and sister | 你觉得看着你妈妈姐姐 |
[13:40] | run our hotel into the ground? | 经营酒店是一件很容易的事情吗 |
[13:42] | Then let’s come up with a plan. | 那么咱们想个计划吧 |
[13:43] | Our last plan left me with three broken ribs. | 上一个计划搞断了我三根肋骨 |
[13:45] | I am done scheming. | 我不想再搞阴谋诡计了 |
[13:47] | I am looking for a short-term job. | 我打算找一个短期工作 |
[13:49] | Pro tip– leave “Short-term” Off your résumé. | 专家提醒 不要再简历上提短期这二字 |
[13:53] | Okay… so what if the Marbella hires you? | 好吧 如果玛贝拉酒店雇佣你 |
[13:56] | As our… general manager. | 当我们的总经理呢 |
[13:58] | What? We need one. | 怎么 我们需要一位总经理 |
[13:59] | You know the place. Why work somewhere else? | 你了解玛贝拉 为什么还要找别人 |
[14:01] | You’ll see the girls. | 你会看到孩子们 |
[14:02] | You’ll be able to help out with the hotel. | 你还能够帮助酒店成长 |
[14:04] | Magda will never go for it. | 玛格达不会同意的 |
[14:06] | Let me at least try. | 再怎么也让我试试吧 |
[14:07] | Absolutely not. Why would I do that? | 绝对不可能 为什么要这么做 |
[14:10] | To make the hotel profitable. | 让酒店盈利 |
[14:12] | Rafael’s the only person | 拉斐尔是唯一一个 |
[14:13] | who knows this place as well as I do. | 和我一样了解酒店的人 |
[14:15] | Without him around to keep things running smoothly, | 如果没有他帮助经营酒店 |
[14:17] | there is no way I can get you that money. | 我也不可能给你钱 |
[14:19] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[14:21] | All I want is for you to leave. | 我只想让你尽快脱身 |
[14:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:25] | I will take a meeting with him. | 我会跟他谈谈的 |
[14:34] | Carl is real, | 卡尔是真实存在的 |
[14:35] | and he uses an inhaler. | 他还用吸入器 |
[14:47] | Someone’s clumsy. | 有个小笨蛋哟 |
[14:53] | Those shoes are ridiculous. | 你这鞋真难看 |
[14:56] | But a lot of people have asthma. | 但是很多人都有哮喘病 |
[14:58] | Well, my mother doesn’t. | 我妈妈没有 |
[14:59] | And neither does Anezka. | 阿妮丝卡也没有 |
[15:02] | Yeah, look, it’s a long shot. Just show me the footage. | 录像很长 给我看监控画面 |
[15:05] | What time did you overhear my mother and sister | 你是什么时候偷听到我妈和我姐谈论 |
[15:07] | -talking about Luisa? – Close to midnight. | -谈论路易莎的 -大概半夜吧 |
[15:09] | I remember because I looked at my watch, | 我记得很清楚是因为我看了我的表 |
[15:10] | and I thought, “This is no way to live.” | 在想 肯定没人的 |
[15:12] | Okay. Good, good. Go to 11:45. | 好 调到11:45 |
[15:17] | Okay, now scroll through slowly till midnight. | 好 慢慢快进到半夜 |
[15:20] | No, wait. | 停 |
[15:22] | That’s Luisa. It has to be. | 路易莎 肯定是她 |
[15:30] | Is it me, or does that shadow totally have asthma? | 是我 还是那影子也有哮喘病 |
[15:31] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[15:35] | Carl is real. | 卡尔是真实存在的 |
[15:38] | They must have wanted you to overhear them talking | 他们肯定是希望你听到他们说的 |
[15:40] | about Luisa being insane– they were setting you up! | 路易莎发疯的事情 他们在给你下套 |
[15:42] | Well, and if Carl is real, that means Luisa’s | 如果卡尔是存在的话 那就是说路易莎 |
[15:45] | in a mental institution for nothing, right? | 白进精神病院了 对吧 |
[15:47] | Well… No, well, not for nothing– she was still trying | 也不是 她还在尝试 |
[15:49] | to break a mass murderer out of jail. | 弄疯一个越狱的谋杀犯 |
[15:50] | That’s legitimately crazy, right? | 合法的疯子 对吧 |
[15:53] | But not hallucination crazy. | 而不是幻想的疯子 |
[15:54] | Which means I have to tell Raf, don’t I? And I will. | 这意味着我得告诉拉斐尔了 对 |
[15:58] | Very shortly. But first I’m gonna use this | 很快就告诉他 但是我想先用这个 |
[16:00] | to get rid of my mother, and you’re gonna help me do it. | 来除掉我妈妈 你要帮我 |
[16:02] | Mrs. Solano… this is way beyond the scope of my job. | 索拉诺女士 这超出了我的工作范围 |
[16:07] | So I’m gonna need a raise. | 所以我要涨薪 |
[16:10] | It’s done. | 搞定了 |
[16:12] | The bookstore is staying open. | 书店不会关门 |
[16:13] | Jane, update your paperless post. | 简 更新吧 |
[16:15] | Your dream party is back on track. | 你的梦想聚会回归啦 |
[16:18] | I took care of everything. | 我处理好一切了 |
[16:19] | So call me back. I love you. | 给我回电话 我爱你 |
[16:23] | Took care of everything? How? | 你怎么处理好一切的 |
[16:28] | Remember when I was in People en Español’s | 还记得我在西语版《人物》 |
[16:30] | “50 Most Beautiful” List? | 被评为最有魅力50人的时候吗 |
[16:31] | You’ve mentioned it once or twice. | 你提过一两次 |
[16:34] | A day. | 一天 |
[16:34] | Well, I stayed friends with the editor, Arianna, | 我和编辑阿里安娜成为了朋友 |
[16:37] | and she’s going to do a feature on the party. | 她会在聚会上帮忙 |
[16:39] | That will bring the store tons of exposure, attention, | 这样就会给带来书店非常多的曝光率 |
[16:42] | and, in the words of Abba, “Money, money, money.” | 用爸爸的话说就是 钱钱钱 |
[16:45] | – What? – I told her everything Jane said | -什么 -我把简说的 |
[16:47] | about what the community will gain by having a physical space | 如果能有一个实体店 社区会有何种收获 |
[16:51] | to shop, how the Internet | 互联网是如何 |
[16:52] | is ruining us all, uh, bilingual bookstores, | 影响我们 双语书店 |
[16:55] | blah, blah, blah, and she said there’s a story there! | 等等等都和她说了 她说这可以有 |
[16:57] | But what does that have to do | 但是那和 |
[16:58] | with Alexandro and Enrique’s lease? | 亚历桑德罗恩里克的租约有什么关系 |
[17:01] | Press plus celeb photos equals business. | 出版社加上名人照片等于赚大钱 |
[17:05] | And what if your calculation doesn’t add up? | 那如果你算错了呢 |
[17:10] | It will. Trust me. | 不会出错的 相信我 |
[17:14] | And I cosigned the lease on the bookstore, | 我也签了书店的租约 |
[17:15] | just to make everyone comfortable. | 希望能够让各位舒心 |
[17:17] | So if they can’t pay their rent, we’ll be responsible for it? | 所以如果他们付不起租金 我们就得负责吗 |
[17:21] | Yes, but, Xiomara, I know how press works. | 是的 但是我知道出版社是怎么工作的 |
[17:24] | Trust me, after the party, that couple | 相信我 聚会之后那对夫妇 |
[17:26] | will be looking to expand, they’ll have so much business. | 会寻求扩张 他们会赚钱大钱的 |
[17:29] | Let’s talk business. | 来谈生意吧 |
[17:32] | Did you cut the legs off this chair? | 你把椅子腿锯掉了吗 |
[17:34] | Few inches. | 锯短了几英寸 |
[17:35] | It’s an old Czech intimidation technique. | 是捷克古代的恐吓战术 |
[17:38] | So, I see | 这样 我懂了 |
[17:40] | you’ve spent time in prison. | 你进过监狱 |
[17:43] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[17:44] | Shows you can get scrappy. | 证明你很好斗 |
[17:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | Great. So I’m… hired? | 所以 我被录用了吗 |
[17:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:52] | But not as general manager. | 但职位不是总经理 |
[17:54] | A bartender? | 服务员 |
[17:55] | Apparently, the Prague pirate doesn’t think | 很明显 布拉格海盗不认为 |
[17:57] | I have the experience to manage the hotel that I founded. | 我有经验管理我一手创办的酒店 |
[18:01] | She’s just doing this to humiliate me. | 她这么做只不过是为了羞辱我 |
[18:03] | Yeah, and… so what if she is? | 是吧 那么如果她是在羞辱你 |
[18:06] | Look, if you take the job, | 如果你接受了这份工作 |
[18:07] | you’ll be able to keep an eye on the hotel, | 你就能盯着酒店了 |
[18:08] | you’ll be close to the twins, you can help Petra | 你能够离双胞胎更近 危机出现的时 |
[18:10] | – when a crisis comes up. – I can help Petra | -还能帮佩特拉 -我只有是玛贝拉总经理 |
[18:12] | by being the manager of the Marbella. | 才能帮助佩特拉 |
[18:14] | I am not some bartender. | 我不是什么服务员 |
[18:18] | What’s the alternative? | 还有什么选择 |
[18:20] | You’re gonna work the front desk at the Holiday Inn? | 你打算去假日酒店当前台吗 |
[18:22] | Between you and me, he didn’t get that job. | 你我之间 是他没能找到那份工作 |
[18:24] | You got to get over yourself. | 你得克服自己 |
[18:26] | It’s a job. You’re broke. | 只不过是个工作 你已经破产了 |
[18:28] | Okay. You’re right. | 好吧 你说的有道理 |
[18:31] | Huh! That was quick. | 想明白的还挺快 |
[18:32] | Oh, we’re in a groove. | 我们是一条船上的人 |
[18:34] | Oh, great! | 好啊 |
[18:37] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[18:39] | I have a date. | 我要去约会了 |
[18:40] | Are you stealing food from the kitchen? | 你在从厨房偷食物吗 |
[18:42] | Perks of management. | 经理的福利 |
[18:49] | Hold the elevator. Oh. | 按下电梯 |
[18:53] | Hold the elevator! | 按下电梯 |
[18:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:06] | So, my publisher set up a mini book tour | 我的出版人下周给我安排了 |
[19:09] | – for me next week. – Wow. Fancy. | -一个小的书展 -不错嘛 |
[19:12] | I might have oversold it. | 可能会供不应求哦 |
[19:13] | Two stops, both in Florida. Ow. | 两处都在弗洛里达 |
[19:15] | Still pretty badass. | 还是很厉害啊 |
[19:17] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[19:19] | Anyway, um… | 总之 |
[19:23] | I was wondering if you wanted to come. | 我在想你要不要来 |
[19:25] | W-We can make it into a little road trip. | 我们可以把他想成公路旅行 |
[19:28] | Make a playlist, eat fast food. | 听歌 吃点快餐 |
[19:31] | Huh? Maybe go wild and get a speeding ticket. | 也许还会狂热拿几个超速罚单 |
[19:33] | – Really? – Okay, no speeding ticket. | -真的吗 -不许被开罚单 |
[19:35] | You want me to come? | 你想让我来吗 |
[19:37] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[19:39] | Because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[19:40] | Again… that didn’t happen. | 再说一次 不是这样的 |
[19:43] | Here’s what Jane really said. | 这才是简真正说的内容 |
[19:45] | Yeah, it’d be fun. | 对啊 会很有趣的 |
[19:48] | – Let me just look at my deadlines. – Of course. | -让我看下我的截止日期 -当然了 |
[19:50] | I can’t believe I almost said “I love you” again. | 真不敢相信我差点又说了”我爱你” |
[19:52] | You’re obviously feeling it. Why not say it? | 你都感觉到了 为什么不说呢 |
[19:55] | Because I don’t know if I’m… | 因为我不知道我是不是 |
[19:57] | really in love. | 真的陷入爱河了 |
[20:00] | And I don’t know if he loves me back. | 我也不知道他是不是也爱我 |
[20:01] | That’s ludicrous. | 真可笑 |
[20:03] | Anyone with a pulse will love you back. | 会喘气的人都会爱你的 |
[20:05] | I-I got to go, Mom. I’ll talk to you later. | 我要挂了 妈 晚点再和你聊 |
[20:07] | It’s impossible not to love you. | 不爱你是不可能的 |
[20:08] | Everyone loves you, Jane. | 每个人都爱你 简 |
[20:10] | Rudy! How much do you love Jane? | 鲁比 你有多爱简 |
[20:13] | Uh, a lot? | 很爱吧 |
[20:14] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[20:15] | Okay, so, um, my publishers e-mailed me, | 出版社给我发了邮件 |
[20:18] | and apparently, they reached out to Arianna a few times, | 显然 他们联系了阿里安娜好几次 |
[20:19] | and she hasn’t returned their calls. | 但是她也没回他们电话 |
[20:21] | – What? – I know. Weird, right? | -什么 -我知道 很奇怪吧 |
[20:23] | Maybe you can ask her to call them back. | 也许你可以叫她给他们回电话 |
[20:26] | Arianna’s not gonna call them back. | 阿里安娜是不会回他们电话的 |
[20:28] | And she’s definitely not gonna write a feature | 她也绝对不会为你的签名售书会 |
[20:30] | – on your book party. – What? Why? | -写专题的 -什么 为什么 |
[20:33] | Because I told her I’d appreciate it if she didn’t. | 因为我她说如果她不写 我会很感激她 |
[20:37] | And why would she listen to you, peasant?! | 她为什么会听你的话 农民 |
[20:38] | Maybe because I’m making sweet love to her. | 也许因为我要好好地”爱”她一番 |
[20:42] | Oh! Look who else just got screwed! | 看看谁上当了 |
[20:45] | How did you know about any of this? | 你是怎么知道这些事的 |
[20:46] | Well, the walls between our dressing rooms are quite thin. | 我们化妆间的墙壁可薄了 |
[20:49] | And since I was in People en Español’s | 而且自从我今年被评为西语版《人物》 |
[20:50] | “30 Under 30” this year, | “三十岁以下三十人”起 |
[20:52] | I happen to know Arianna quite well. | 我恰好和阿里安娜很熟 |
[20:53] | “30 Under 30” means nothing | 和”最有魅力五十人”相比 |
[20:55] | compared to “50 Most Beautiful People!” | “三十岁以下三十人”根本不算什么 |
[20:57] | – I was in high school when you did that! I’m… – Stop! | -你评上时 我还在上高中 -别吵了 |
[20:59] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[21:00] | How come you just can’t mind your own business? | 你就不能只管自己的事吗 |
[21:02] | Maybe you should have your father explain that | 也许你该让你父亲和他的朋友朱蒂 |
[21:03] | to his friend Judy? | 解释一下这个问题 |
[21:06] | Judy was a spur-of-the-moment impulse that paid off mightily. | 朱蒂只是一时的冲动 |
[21:08] | But you planned this. | 但这是你计划好的 |
[21:09] | You found out I needed a favor from this woman, | 你发现我需要这女人帮忙 |
[21:11] | so you seduced her, and got inside of her head. | 所以你引诱了她 迷惑她 |
[21:14] | – You’re good. – You’re disgusting. | -你真厉害 -你真恶心 |
[21:18] | So I assume you’ll get Arianna back on the story | 如果我能帮你争取到那个自命不凡的鬼魂独白 |
[21:19] | if I get you your pretentious ghost monologue? | 你会让阿里安娜继续写专题吧 |
[21:22] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[21:23] | Fine. I’ll get the writers on it. | 好吧 我会叫编剧去写 |
[21:25] | What would a ghost even say? | 鬼魂要说什么呢 |
[21:27] | Not good enough. | 不够好 |
[21:29] | I want you to write it. | 我要你去写 |
[21:31] | Oh, boo. | 糟了 |
[21:37] | Why do you have to write it? | 为什么你必须要写 |
[21:39] | Fabian says it’s because I wrote the monologue | 法比安说因为我写独白 |
[21:41] | that got Dad a Paloma nomination, | 让老爸获得金鸽奖提名 |
[21:42] | but I think it’s just to torture us both. | 但我认为那只会折磨我们俩 |
[21:46] | Ugh! If your father hadn’t co-signed the lease on the bookstore, | 如果你父亲没有在书店里联合签署那份租约 |
[21:48] | you wouldn’t be in this position. | 你现在就不用写这个东西了 |
[21:49] | It’s fine. I’m almost done. | 没事的 我快写完了 |
[21:50] | And it’s actually pretty good, you know, for a ghost soliloquy. | 而且其实写写鬼魂独白挺好的 |
[21:54] | I mean, I avoided all the obvious clichés. | 我避开了所有老套的情节 |
[21:57] | Still, it’s just so outrageous. | 还是那句话 实在太离谱了 |
[21:59] | Are you okay, Ma? | 你没事吧 妈 |
[22:01] | Because Dad does this kind of stuff all the time. | 因为老爸总是做这种事 |
[22:02] | You know the guy likes to go big. You know that. | 你知道他喜欢大张旗鼓 你知道的 |
[22:05] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[22:07] | What? | 什么 |
[22:09] | My dance studio hasn’t been doing so great. | 我的舞蹈工作室生意一直不太好 |
[22:12] | – Oh, no. – And I wanted to talk to your father | -这下不好了 -我想要和你父亲谈谈 |
[22:14] | about putting some money there. | 投一点钱进去 |
[22:16] | How bad is it? | 有多差 |
[22:17] | I just need a little cash infusion, | 我只是需要注入一些资金 |
[22:19] | but it’s not like banks are lining up to lend money | 但是银行是不可能愿意 |
[22:21] | to struggling local dance studios. | 借钱给竭力维持的舞蹈工作室的 |
[22:23] | And our monthly budget is stretched | 而且我们每个月的预算很紧 |
[22:25] | as it is because of the rent on our giant house. | 因为我们巨大房子的租金 |
[22:28] | Ma, don’t stress. | 妈 别紧张 |
[22:29] | Dad won’t have to use this money. | 老爸不会用到这笔钱的 |
[22:32] | I’ll get Fabian the monologue ASAP. | 我尽快把独白交给法比安 |
[22:33] | He’ll love it. It’s perfect for him. | 他会喜欢的 非常适合他 |
[22:34] | Super dramatic, you know? | 非常有戏剧性 |
[22:36] | So he can do his over-the-top acting. | 所以他可以夸张地表演 |
[22:38] | I just can’t do it anymore, Krishna! | 我只是不能再继续了 克里希纳 |
[22:40] | I just feel too guilty. | 我只是觉得太内疚了 |
[22:41] | Speaking of over-the-top-acting… | 说到夸张地表演 |
[22:43] | Anybody would. You’ve been lying for a long time. | 任何人都会 你都一直骗了这么久 |
[22:46] | Look, you don’t have to remind me! | 你不必提醒我 |
[22:47] | It’s my mother’s fault. | 那是我母亲的错 |
[22:49] | She said we should use Anezka as a pawn. | 她说我们该把阿妮丝卡当棋子来利用 |
[22:53] | It’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[22:56] | I am so sorry. I was going to tell you. | 很对不起 我本来打算告诉你的 |
[22:59] | I… | 我 |
[23:00] | I-I feel badly. | 我觉得很内疚 |
[23:02] | But I knew Luisa wouldn’t trust me, | 但是我知道路易莎不会相信我 |
[23:03] | and Mother suggested using you. | 而母亲说要利用你 |
[23:05] | No. You’re lying. | 不 你在撒谎 |
[23:08] | No, I’m not. | 我没撒谎 |
[23:10] | You know what? Let’s go. We’ll confront her together. | 这样吧 我们走 我们一起去找她对质 |
[23:13] | That is not true, Anezka. She is lying. | 这不是真的 阿妮丝卡 她在撒谎 |
[23:16] | Mother, stop. I told her already. | 母亲 别兜了 我已经告诉她了 |
[23:18] | I am not working with Petra. | 我不会和佩特拉联手的 |
[23:20] | Don’t be stupid. | 别傻了 |
[23:21] | She’s not stupid! | 她不傻 |
[23:22] | She just didn’t think her mother could be so cruel. | 她只是觉得她母亲不会这么残忍 |
[23:24] | – Don’t let her use you anymore. – She’s a liar. | -别再被她利用了 -她是个骗子 |
[23:25] | – You know this. – This is the same woman | -你知道的 -抛弃你的那个女人 |
[23:26] | who abandoned you because she said you weren’t the pretty one. | 也是她 因为她说你不是长得漂亮的那一个 |
[23:29] | She’s just trying to get into your head. | 她只是想要掌控你的思想 |
[23:30] | I’m not trying to get into anyone’s head. | 我没有要掌控任何人的思想 |
[23:32] | I just don’t want to keep deceiving my sister. | 我只是不想继续欺骗我妹妹 |
[23:34] | And I know this was my idea, | 我知道这本来是我的主意 |
[23:36] | but I realized something: | 但我意识到一件事 |
[23:37] | you’re the evil one, not her. | 最邪恶的是你 不是她 |
[23:39] | This is absurd. | 真是荒谬 |
[23:41] | She has no proof. | 她没有证据 |
[23:43] | Oh, yeah? Then how would I know Carl is real? | 是吗 那我怎么知道卡尔是真实存在的 |
[23:49] | I’m done, Mother. | 我不干了 母亲 |
[23:52] | I can’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[23:53] | Queen Magda has me scheduled for a shift tonight | 玛格达女王在你今晚举办签名售书会时 |
[23:55] | during your book party, | 居然让我和人调班 |
[23:56] | and she won’t let me out of it. | 然后她不让我出去 |
[23:58] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没事的 我明白的 |
[24:00] | That’s the way it is when you have a regular job. | 固定工作就是这样的 |
[24:03] | I bet I can duck out for, like, an hour. | 我想我应该能偷溜出去一小时 |
[24:06] | Stop. It’s so not a big deal. | 算了吧 也没什么大不了的 |
[24:09] | I’ll give you a play-by-play. | 我会详细和你说说现场情况的 |
[24:11] | Okay, well, | 那好吧 |
[24:14] | have fun tonight. | 今晚玩得开心 |
[24:21] | She seemed cool. | 她好像没事 |
[24:23] | Not bummed… like, at all. | 完全没有不开心 |
[24:27] | I just hope Jane’s books sell, | 我只是希望简的书能卖出去 |
[24:28] | or Rogelio will buy up every last copy, | 否则罗格里奥会一本不剩全买光 |
[24:31] | and then order a thousand more online. | 然后在网上再订个一千本 |
[24:33] | This about the lease? | 是因为租约吗 |
[24:35] | Well, look who’s become one of the girls. | 瞧瞧谁变成闺蜜了 |
[24:37] | He goes so overboard, especially when it comes to Jane. | 他会非常地热心 尤其是涉及到简的时候 |
[24:41] | Maybe it’s a guy thing. | 也许男人都会这样 |
[24:42] | Or not. | 或者不是 |
[24:44] | I’m not saying that it’s okay, | 我不是说这样没问题 |
[24:47] | just that it’s this… feeling. | 只是这种感觉 |
[24:51] | You know, like you have to provide. | 就像是你必须提供 |
[24:54] | And it’s so easy to lose perspective and go overboard. | 而且很容易有失偏颇和过分热心 |
[24:58] | Look at everything I did to try to get the Marbella back. | 看看我为了抢回玛贝拉所做的一切 |
[25:01] | And I’d still do anything for my family, even… | 为了家人我还是会不惜一切 甚至是 |
[25:04] | wear a silk screen bowtie. | 戴上丝印领结 |
[25:09] | Okay, next time you see me, I might be quitting, | 下次你看到我的时候 我可能要辞职了 |
[25:11] | because this book party might just launch my career. | 因为这场签名售书会也许开启了我的职业生涯 |
[25:15] | This monologue is a stinky piece of garbage, | 这篇独白就是一对垃圾 |
[25:17] | and I hardly understand it! | 我几乎看不懂 |
[25:19] | It’s like I’m falling for you all over again. | 就像是我又再次爱上你 |
[25:21] | You need to fix this right now! | 你要立刻修改这篇独白 |
[25:23] | They are filming my coverage tonight! | 今晚他们就要拍我的镜头了 |
[25:24] | Sorry. Any rewrite’s gonna have to wait. | 抱歉 重写必须要等等了 |
[25:26] | My book party’s in a few hours. | 我的签名售书会几个小时后就开始了 |
[25:27] | Well, if you don’t do the rewrite right now, | 如果你立刻重写 |
[25:30] | you can kiss the People en Español article bye-bye-bye. | 你可以跟《西班牙人》上的文章说再见了 |
[25:33] | What? No, no, you can’t do that to me. | 什么 不不 你不能这样对我 |
[25:41] | I can’t do this anymore! | 我受不了了 |
[25:43] | I don’t know who to believe. | 我不知道该相信谁 |
[25:45] | You were the only one who really loved me. | 只有你曾真心地爱过我 |
[25:49] | I wish you were here to guide me. | 真希望你能在这里指引我 |
[25:52] | I wish… I could be kissing your face | 希望我能亲亲你的脸 |
[25:57] | and your beard. | 和你的胡子 |
[26:00] | Both beard. | 两边胡子 |
[26:01] | If you’d just send me a sign… | 如果你能给我指个方向 |
[26:05] | Yes, you’re right, I should have a drink. | 没错 你说得对 我应该喝杯酒 |
[26:08] | Maybe little snack, too. | 也许还来些点心 |
[26:09] | Can we get more nuts here? | 能再来点坚果[再疯狂一点]吗 |
[26:10] | I don’t think so. | 不要了吧 |
[26:11] | It’s already pretty crazy. | 已经很疯狂了 |
[26:13] | Oh, actual nuts. | 他是说坚果 |
[26:15] | – Meh. – Meh? | -切 -切 |
[26:16] | What-what does “Meh” mean? | 切是什么意思 |
[26:18] | It means “Ugh, bleh,” or… | 就是不好 差 或是烂 |
[26:21] | Charming. | 真是”迷人” |
[26:22] | It needs more pizzazz, more sparkle. | 独白需要更多活力和火花 |
[26:24] | It needs to be more… flowery. | 需要更华丽些 |
[26:26] | Okay, flowery. Fine. | 好 华丽 好的 |
[26:28] | I can do flowery. Flowery is my specialty. | 我可以写的很华丽 辞藻华丽也是我的特长 |
[26:31] | – Now it has too many describey words. – Adjectives? | -现在有太多描述性词语了 -形容词吗 |
[26:33] | No, words that describe other words. | 不 描述其他词的词 |
[26:35] | You said you wanted flowery. | 你说你想要华丽些 |
[26:37] | Yes, but not so flowery. | 对 但不要这么华丽 |
[26:38] | If I hand you a bouquet of flowers, you will smile. | 如果我给你一束花 你会开心 |
[26:41] | But if I hand you a thousand flowers, | 但如果我给你成千上万的花 |
[26:42] | you will suffocate to death under the weight of all those flowers. | 你就会被那么多的花压得窒息 |
[26:45] | I’ll make it less flowery, but we have to move fast here. | 我会改的不那么华丽 但我们得赶紧了 |
[26:47] | I have to pick up my dress from the dry cleaner by 5:00. | 我得5点前去干洗店拿我的裙子 |
[26:53] | – Well, now it’s just boring. – Ugh! I-I don’t get it. | -现在就只是无聊了 -我不明白 |
[26:56] | I-I don’t understand what you want. | 我不明白你到底想要什么 |
[26:58] | – Okay, if I hand you a hundred flowers… – No, no. | -如果我给你一百只花 -不不 |
[27:01] | No more flower analogies. | 别再用花类比了 |
[27:03] | Just tell me what you want. | 就告诉我你要什么 |
[27:05] | I want it to be epic! | 我想要史诗般的 |
[27:06] | I want people to weep. | 我想让人们流下泪水 |
[27:08] | I want them to feel sorry for taking me for granted! | 我想让他们为把我当做理所当然后悔 |
[27:10] | Because they won’t realize | 因为他们没意识到 |
[27:12] | until I’m gone | 他们有多爱我 |
[27:13] | how much they really loved me. | 直到我走了 |
[27:14] | Honestly, Fabian, I tried everything. | 说实话 法比安 我已经做了各种尝试 |
[27:16] | I just feel like we’re going in circles here. | 我觉得咱们就是在这绕圈子 |
[27:18] | I-I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. | 我根本看不到希望 |
[27:20] | Yes! That! | 没错 就是这个 |
[27:22] | That’s excellent writing! | 这个说的太棒了 |
[27:23] | I want those words in my speech. | 我想我的演讲里也是这样的话 |
[27:25] | You want “the light at the end of the tunnel” in your monologue? | 你想在你的独白里写 隧道尽头的光 |
[27:27] | Yes. It’s such a nice image. | 没错 很好的画面 |
[27:29] | Clean, original, specific. | 简洁 新颖 确切 |
[27:32] | No… adjectives. | 没有形容词 |
[27:35] | Hmm. Okay. | 好 |
[27:37] | Do you also like, | 你是不是也喜欢 |
[27:38] | “Until my death | 我们是一个豆荚里的两个豆子 |
[27:39] | – we were two peas in a pod”? – Yes! | -直到死亡把我们分开 -没错 |
[27:40] | Yes, peas in a pod! | 豆荚里的豆子 |
[27:42] | Another great image. Now you’re getting it! | 也是很好的画面 现在你开始明白我了 |
[27:45] | And in that moment, Jane realized | 就在那时 简明白了 |
[27:47] | exactly the kind of speech Fabian wanted. | 法比安想要哪种讲稿 |
[27:50] | And friends, I don’t think Jane would mind me saying | 朋友们 我觉得简不会介意我说 |
[27:52] | that what she wrote was as hackey a monologue | 她写的独白 |
[27:54] | as the world has ever seen. | 是世界上最糟糕的 |
[27:55] | Riddled with every cliché she could think of. | 充斥着她所能想到的陈词滥调 |
[28:05] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[28:07] | Oh, thank God for small favors. | 谢天谢地 |
[28:08] | You are on fire! | 你真是太棒了 |
[28:10] | It’s exactly like God has done me a small favor. | 就好像是上帝帮了我的忙 |
[28:13] | I knew you were a great writer, but this… this, I-I… | 我知道你是个好作家 但这个 这个 |
[28:16] | – Takes the cake? ?- Yes! Exactly! | -再妙不过了 -没错 |
[28:18] | Enough with the clichés! | 真是受够了 |
[28:20] | Great! So you’re gonna call Arianna, | 太好了 所以你会给阿里安娜打电话 |
[28:22] | make sure she’s at the party? | 让她来聚会的吧 |
[28:22] | Yes! I’ll call her right away. | 当然 我马上给她打电话 |
[28:24] | Now go, or as you so beautifully put it, | 快走 或者就像你那优美的语句 |
[28:27] | “Haste makes waste!” | 欲速则不达 |
[28:29] | No. Ma, stop. I don’t have time for smoky eyes. | 不 妈 停 我没有时间化烟熏妆了 |
[28:32] | – Where’s the sitter? – Inhala, exhala, Jane. | -保姆在哪 -吸 呼 简 |
[28:35] | That must be her. | 那肯定是她了 |
[28:36] | – This is so pretty. Can I wear it? – Of course you can. | -好漂亮 我能穿吗 -当然 |
[28:39] | Bling! | 太好啦 |
[28:42] | I’m running late so I can’t talk, | 我要迟了 不说了 |
[28:43] | but I will see you at the party in 20. | 20分钟后派对上见 |
[28:44] | Wait. Wait. Bad news. | 等下 等下 坏消息 |
[28:46] | I just got slammed with notes, and they pulled my deadline up. | 我?了 他们把截止期提前了 |
[28:50] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -对啊 |
[28:52] | I have to turn in the panels tonight, | 我今晚就得交稿 |
[28:54] | so I can’t make it to your party. I’m so sorry. | 我去不了你的派对了 对不起 |
[28:58] | No, I get it. | 没事 我明白 |
[28:59] | Hey, don’t even worry about it. It’s all good. | 别担心 没事的 |
[29:01] | Have a great night, Jane. | 玩得开心 简 |
[29:03] | You deserve it. | 这是你应得的 |
[29:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:09] | Adam can’t come. Work. | 亚当来不了 因为工作 |
[29:11] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[29:15] | Rafael can’t come, either. | 拉斐尔也来不了了 |
[29:17] | I mean, that’s the one that really stings | 这可太让人伤心了 |
[29:18] | because he told me to write the book, you know? | 因为是他建议我去写这本书的 |
[29:21] | Why “Aw”? | 为什么这样 |
[29:31] | What? | 什么 |
[29:32] | Well, I just didn’t want to make him feel bad. | 我只是不想他难受 |
[29:37] | Aw, he definitely does look a little… bummed. | 他看起来的确有点不开心 |
[29:40] | Can I get a rum and coke, please? | 来杯朗姆可乐 |
[29:45] | You look great. | 你看起来真棒 |
[29:46] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[29:47] | Cute outfit. | 衣服很可爱 |
[29:51] | So, what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[29:52] | Isn’t your party starting, like… seven minutes ago? | 你的聚会不是7分钟前就开始了吗 |
[30:01] | Rum and cherry coke? | 朗姆樱桃可乐 |
[30:02] | Oh, I’m still figuring out the soda gun. | 我还没弄明白苏打枪 |
[30:05] | Well, I just wanted to tell you | 我只是想告诉你 |
[30:07] | that I’m really bummed you can’t come tonight. | 你今晚不能来我很难过 |
[30:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:13] | I’ll quit. | 那我马上辞职 |
[30:13] | You’re not… you’re not quitting. | 别 别辞职 |
[30:16] | But I just wanted you to know that. | 我只想你知道 |
[30:17] | And… I wanted you to see the acknowledgements. | 我希望你能看看致谢 |
[30:22] | – To Michael? – No, that’s the dedication. | -给迈克尔的 -不 那是献词 |
[30:24] | The acknowledgements are in the back. | 致谢是在最后 |
[30:47] | – Are you gonna cry? – What? No. | -你要哭了吗 -什么 不是啦 |
[30:49] | It’s sweat. Bartenders don’t cry. | 是汗 调酒师才不会哭呢 |
[30:52] | Now go. Okay? Enjoy your party. | 快走吧 好好享受你的派对 |
[31:03] | Which brings us here, now. | 于是现在我们来到了这 |
[31:29] | Jane! | 简 |
[31:31] | The store hasn’t been this crowded in years! ? | 书店好多年没这么多人了 |
[31:33] | Yesterday, we couldn’t even afford a tiny ad, | 之前 我们还做不起小广告 |
[31:36] | and now we are getting a feature in People en Espanol! | 现在我们就要上西班牙版《人物》啦 |
[31:41] | It’s perfect! ?Aw! | 太完美了 |
[31:45] | Jane! | 简 |
[31:46] | Almost perfect. | 接近完美 |
[31:51] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[31:52] | Aren’t you supposed to be shooting your ghost monologue? | 你不是要拍你的幽灵独白 |
[31:54] | I snuck away from set and told the director I was going 10-2. | 我从现场偷溜了 和导演说我要去厕所 |
[32:00] | It is way too late for another rewrite. | 现在重写来不及了 |
[32:02] | No, no, the monologue is perfect. | 不 独白很好 |
[32:04] | But… Arianna’s not coming. | 但阿里安娜不来了 |
[32:07] | What? | 什么 |
[32:07] | She saw a picture of me online with another lover, | 她在网上看到我和其他女人的图片 |
[32:09] | and now she wants nothing to do with me. | 现在她不想和我有任何瓜葛 |
[32:10] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:12] | Why would you post something like that? | 你为什么要发那种图片 |
[32:15] | I didn’t! I was tagged. | 我没有 我被跟拍了 |
[32:16] | Ugh, I’ve been there, buddy. | 我可在那 老兄 |
[32:18] | Oh, no. Oh, my… | 不 |
[32:20] | After all that work? | 做了那么多之后居然这样 |
[32:22] | What am I supposed to tell Alejandro and Enrique? | 我要怎么告诉亚历杭德罗和恩里克 |
[32:24] | I will make it up to you, Jane. I promise. | 我发誓 我会补偿你的 |
[32:26] | I’m gonna start a category 7 tweetstorm for all the fans | 我会在微博制造一场7级大风暴 |
[32:29] | and telenovela stars to come down here immediately. | 发动所有的粉丝和电视剧明星马上来这 |
[32:31] | – That will get instant publicity. – Not enough. | -这样就会的引起迅速关注 -还不够 |
[32:34] | Do not underestimate the power of my shirtlessness. | 不要低估我半裸的能量 |
[32:36] | No, this is an emergency. | 不 情况紧急 |
[32:38] | I’m going to go completely naked and cover my precious junk | 那我就全裸 用你亲爱的书 |
[32:41] | with your precious book. | 遮住我的宝贝 |
[32:43] | I may need two. | 我可能需要俩 |
[32:44] | Ay. Where’s the bathroom? | 卫生间在哪 |
[32:49] | What did the featherbed want? | 那个游手好闲的家伙想干嘛 |
[32:51] | Arianna’s not coming. | 阿里安娜不来了 |
[32:52] | I will kill him, in real life this time! | 我要灭了他 这次是在真实生活里 |
[32:54] | Dad, no. It’s not his fault. | 爸 不要 这不是他的错 |
[32:56] | Of course it is. | 当然是 |
[32:57] | No, it’s not. It’s yours. | 不 不是 是你的 |
[32:59] | I’m sorry, but it is because of you | 对不起 但就是因为你 |
[33:01] | that we are in this situation. | 才陷我们至如此境地 |
[33:02] | You’re on the hook for the lease. Mom is gonna be furious. | 你负责合约 妈妈肯定要怒了 |
[33:04] | And the bookstore is not gonna get the press that they need. | 书店不会给出版社他们想要的 |
[33:06] | All because you wanted to swoop in | 都是因为你想成为英雄的荒唐计划 |
[33:09] | with your ridiculous scheme to be a hero, | 横插一脚 |
[33:10] | when I could’ve just easily | 本来我可以就在出版社的办公室 |
[33:12] | had the party at the publisher’s office. | 办这个聚会的 |
[33:15] | I just wanted you to have the book party of your dreams. | 我只是想让你拥有你梦想的书本聚会 |
[33:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:20] | But why do you always have to go too far, Dad? | 但你为什么总是做过 爸 |
[33:25] | I guess I overcompensate. | 我想我过分补偿了 |
[33:27] | I mean, I-I wasn’t around when you were a kid… | 你小的时候 我不在你身边… |
[33:28] | Seriously, this can’t be your excuse anymore. | 说真的 你不能再拿这个当借口了 |
[33:31] | We’re beyond it. | 这些早就过去了 |
[33:32] | You didn’t even know I’d been born! | 你甚至都不知道有我的存在 |
[33:34] | How can you blame yourself for something | 你怎么能因为根本不知道的事 |
[33:35] | that you didn’t even know happened? | 来怪你自己呢 |
[33:36] | Because maybe I did know. | 因为也许我是知道的 |
[33:39] | What? | 什么 |
[33:39] | I mean, I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:42] | But a part of me– I don’t know– | 但我有一点 我说不好 |
[33:45] | always suspected, maybe… | 一直在怀疑 也许… |
[33:49] | I mean, I-I knew how religious Alba was. | 我知道阿尔芭是个虔诚的基督教徒 |
[33:52] | And-and maybe I didn’t ever call your mom | 也许我没给你妈妈打过电话 |
[33:54] | because I didn’t want to know. | 是因为我不想知道 |
[33:57] | In case. | 会不会万一有了你 |
[33:58] | I-I had dreams, ambitions. | 我有梦想 有野心 |
[34:03] | Do you hate me? | 你恨我吗 |
[34:05] | You were 16. | 你那时16岁 |
[34:07] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[34:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[34:09] | I mean, I wish you’d called. | 我希望你那个时候打了电话 |
[34:11] | Because I would have found you sooner. | 那样我可能会早点找到你 |
[34:13] | But everything happens for a reason, right? | 但所有事情都是事出有因的 对吗 |
[34:16] | And I like where we’re at now. | 我喜欢我们现在的样子 |
[34:18] | So let’s just keep moving forward | 所以让我们向前看 |
[34:19] | and not keep coming back to this. | 不要再提这件事了 |
[34:22] | And in that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[34:23] | Rogelio let the ghost of his past go. | 罗格里奥终于走出了过去 |
[34:27] | Thank you, Jane. | 谢谢你 简 |
[34:30] | Now go take care of your adoring fans. | 赶快去照顾你那些可爱的粉丝们吧 |
[34:32] | And remember what I taught you about selfie angles. | 记住我教你的自拍角度 |
[34:34] | Chin down, camera up. | 下巴往下压 相机抬高 |
[34:37] | First, I have to break the news to Alejandro and Enrique. | 首先我得把消息告诉亚雷汉德罗和安立奎 |
[34:57] | Do I know you? | 我们认识吗 |
[34:59] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[35:00] | You’re real. | 你是真的 |
[35:06] | Come on, Jane, use your words. | 拜托 简 快说几句话 |
[35:08] | I’m sorry. I’m overwhelmed | 我很抱歉 我有点不知所措 |
[35:10] | because you’re, like, my favorite author of all time, | 因为你是我一直以来最喜欢的作家 |
[35:13] | and you’re actually standing here. And, I mean, for years, | 而你就站在这里 这么多年来 |
[35:15] | I sat in that very corner and I read every single one | 我一直坐在那个角落 |
[35:18] | of your books, and… | 读你的每一本书… |
[35:19] | Okay, maybe use less words. | 好吧 也许可以少说几句 |
[35:21] | It just feels so magical | 你真的看到了我的推特来了 |
[35:22] | that you actually saw my tweets and came. | 这种感觉太奇妙了 |
[35:24] | To clarify, she didn’t see Jane’s tweets. | 需要澄清一下 她并没有看到简的推特 |
[35:27] | She saw these… | 她看到了这些… |
[35:28] | 法比安·罗格卢·德希耶罗 签名售书会就要开始了 | |
[35:35] | Your book… | 你的书… |
[35:37] | means everything to me. | 对我来说太重要了 |
[35:39] | The House of the Spirits? | 《幽灵之家》 |
[35:46] | Well, I loved that one, yes. | 我爱那本 没错 |
[35:47] | Um, but I was talking about Paula. | 但我说的是《爱女宝拉》 |
[35:53] | It helped me through my grief, when my husband died. | 它陪伴我经历我丈夫去世那段痛苦的日子 |
[35:56] | I’m so sorry. When was that? | 太遗憾了 那是什么时候 |
[35:59] | Uh, four years ago. | 四年前 |
[36:04] | I’m sorry. It’s-it’s the combination | 我很抱歉 只是今天晚上 |
[36:06] | of feeling him everywhere tonight. | 我到处都能感觉到他的存在 |
[36:07] | And you actually being here feels like… well… | 而你真的出现在这里又让我感觉… |
[36:12] | like magical realism. | 像魔幻现实主义 |
[36:14] | Well, writing helped me through my grief, too. | 写作也陪伴我度过了痛苦的日子 |
[36:18] | There’s light at the end of the tunnel, I promise. | 在黑暗的尽头总会出现亮光的 我保证 |
[36:22] | Man, when she says it, | 天呐 她亲口说出这些话 |
[36:24] | it sounds brand-new. | 听起来完全不一样 |
[36:26] | Sometimes I just feel so guilty. | 有时我感到特别愧疚 |
[36:29] | Telling your story doesn’t betray the memory, | 讲出你的故事并不是对那段记忆的背叛 |
[36:31] | it keeps the spirits alive. | 而是让那段记忆永远保鲜 |
[36:33] | About… | 因为… |
[36:35] | living, I mean. | 我还活着 |
[36:37] | Being joyful, | 要开心一点 |
[36:39] | when he’s not here to share it with me. | 他不在我身边跟我庆祝 |
[36:41] | How can I be happy or in love? | 我怎么能开心 怎么能够去爱呢 |
[36:45] | I write about strong women with passionate hearts. | 我笔下坚强的女性都具有火热的内心 |
[36:49] | It’s all about the heart. | 一切都取决于自己的内心 |
[36:51] | It’s what drives us and… | 它驱使着我们… |
[36:53] | determines your fate. | 决定着你的命运 |
[36:55] | I’m sorry, I’ve seen your TED Talk, like, a million times. | 我很抱歉 你的TED演讲我看了无数次 |
[36:57] | Back off, stalker. | 后退一点 跟踪狂 |
[36:59] | Well, magical realism can work both ways. | 魔幻现实主义对作者和读者来说都成立 |
[37:02] | You are mine. | 你也是我的理想读者 |
[37:04] | You are the reader I always imagined. | 你是我想象中读者的样子 |
[37:07] | Let yourself enjoy your success. | 让自己享受成功吧 |
[37:11] | Just live passionately, love passionately. | 充满热情地去生活 尽情地去爱 |
[37:17] | – Which brings us here. – The whole thing was perfect. | -这就把我们带到这里 -一切都很完美 |
[37:20] | I did a reading, I sold 67 books, | 我看了一下 我卖出了67本书 |
[37:23] | and Isabel Allende was there. | 而且伊莎贝尔·阿连德也来了 |
[37:25] | And she was everything I imagined her to be. | 她跟我想象中的一模一样 |
[37:28] | And she made me realize that I have to tell you something. | 她让我意识到 我必须要告诉你一些话 |
[37:30] | And you might freak out, | 你可能会有点吃惊 |
[37:31] | because you might not be ready… | 因为你可能还没准备好… |
[37:34] | but I have to live passionately | 但我要充满热情地去生活 |
[37:37] | and so– what… what is wrong? | 所以 什么 怎么了 |
[37:43] | I’m moving to L.A. | 我要去洛杉矶了 |
[37:46] | What? | 什么 |
[37:47] | The VFX house that wanted to hire me a couple months ago, | 视觉效果工作室几个月前想雇我 |
[37:49] | they-they contacted me again. | 他们又联系我了 |
[37:52] | I said no, | 我拒绝了他们 |
[37:53] | but they came back with an even bigger offer. | 但他们又给了我一个更好的待遇 |
[37:56] | When? | 什么时候 |
[37:57] | Earlier today, before your party. | 今天早些时候 就在你签售会之前 |
[38:01] | I’m sorry. I just have to take it. | 我很抱歉 我必须接受 |
[38:05] | You don’t have to take it. | 你不是必须要接受这份工作 |
[38:07] | You want to. | 是你想要这份工作 |
[38:17] | Is that why you didn’t come tonight? | 你今晚是因为这个才没来吗 |
[38:20] | I didn’t want to be in all your pictures. | 我不想出现在你的照片里 |
[38:23] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:25] | It’s just watching what you’ve been experiencing | 只是过去几个礼拜 |
[38:26] | the past few weeks, | 我看到你经历的这些 |
[38:27] | your dreams coming to life, | 你的梦想终于成真 |
[38:29] | it… it just, it made me want to pursue my own dreams. | 这… 这让我也想追逐自己的梦想 |
[38:33] | Good luck in L.A. | 祝你在洛杉矶好运 |
[38:37] | I just feel so stupid. | 我感觉自己太傻了 |
[38:40] | No, Jane. | 不 简 |
[38:43] | I can’t believe I almost told him I loved him. | 我简直不敢相信 我差点告诉他我爱他 |
[38:47] | I can’t believe I did love him. | 我不敢相信我真的爱他 |
[38:52] | And just then, she had a thought… | 就在那时 她意识到了一点… |
[38:59] | Qué? | 怎么了 |
[39:02] | Nothing. I just… | 没什么 我只是… |
[39:04] | I just realized I didn’t think, after Michael, | 我只是发现 在迈克尔死之后 |
[39:07] | I could ever have my heart broken. | 我甚至不知道心痛的感觉了 |
[39:12] | So there’s that, at least. | 所以就这样吧 |
[39:16] | Ah, a small light at the end of the tunnel after all. | 在黑暗的尽头总会出现亮光的 |
[39:23] | How’s Jane? | 简怎么样 |
[39:25] | She’s actually doing okay. | 她现在没事了 |
[39:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:30] | I wanted to apologize. | 我想跟你道歉 |
[39:31] | I shouldn’t have cosigned their lease. | 我不应该签那份租约的 |
[39:34] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[39:35] | I know you were just trying to take care of your family. | 我知道你只是在为你的家人着想 |
[39:38] | I was. Luckily, | 是的 幸运的是 |
[39:39] | Isabel Allende bought a first edition book, | 伊莎贝尔·阿连德买了第一本书 |
[39:41] | which paid for almost all their rent. | 就差不多付清所有的房租了 |
[39:44] | That’s lucky. | 那很幸运 |
[39:45] | Or magical. | 或者说很神奇 |
[39:48] | But you just can’t keep doing these giant things for Jane. | 但你不能总是为简做这么多事 |
[39:51] | I know. And I had a breakthrough, actually. | 我知道 其实我有了突破 |
[39:54] | I was talking to Jane, and it goes back to | 我正在跟简聊天 然后聊到 |
[39:56] | when you were pregnant and a small part of me wondered | 你怀孕的时候 我有点感觉到 |
[39:59] | – if you’d kept the baby, and that’s… – What?! | -你是不是有了我们的孩子 -什么 |
[40:02] | A very small part. | 一点点 |
[40:05] | I just meant | 我的意思是 |
[40:06] | I couldn’t rule it out. | 我不能排除这种可能 |
[40:08] | Jane wasn’t mad. She understood. | 简没生气 她理解了我 |
[40:10] | Jane hasn’t been beating herself up for the last five years | 自从你出现之后 过去的五年里 |
[40:13] | since you showed up. | 简一直都没有再自责了 |
[40:15] | You made me feel so guilty! | 你让我感觉特别内疚 |
[40:16] | Yeah, not quite the reaction he was hoping for. | 没错 这不是他期待的那种反应 |
[40:19] | No, no, no, no. It-it wasn’t like that. | 不不不 不是这样的 |
[40:21] | – I don’t want to hear it. – Xo, please… | -我不想听 -希尔 拜托… |
[40:22] | I need some space. | 我想静一静 |
[40:29] | You look like you could use a drink. | 看样子你想喝一杯 |
[40:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:32] | It’s been a little rough around here. | 这里有点乱 |
[40:35] | But I think I’ve got my sister handled. | 但我想我已经抓到了我妹妹的把柄 |
[40:38] | And let’s just say | 也可以这样说 |
[40:39] | I don’t think you’re going to be a bartender forever. | 你不会永远做吧台服务员的 |
[40:41] | – I’ve been working on… – I don’t want to know the details. | -我已经… -我不想知道细节 |
[40:45] | But if anyone can do it, | 但如果有谁能做到 |
[40:47] | you can. | 那个人就是你 |
[40:54] | Stay here. | 待在这里 |
[41:01] | She looks like she’s seen a ghost. | 她的表情好像见了鬼 |
[41:05] | – Back away! – Make room! | -后退 -让一让 |
[41:08] | I’ll give you a little clue, friends. | 我给你们一点提示 朋友们 |
[41:10] | She didn’t kill herself. | 她不是自杀的 |