时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | But they decided it was time to come out of the closet. | 但他们决定要公之于众了 |
[00:06] | We should tell our family that we’re together. | 我们应该告诉家人我们在一起了 |
[00:09] | Not going as well? Jane’s writing. | 不顺利的是 简的写作 |
[00:12] | See, she had gotten a bad book review, | 她的书风评不好 |
[00:14] | and ever since, she had been totally lost. | 从那以后 她就迷失了方向 |
[00:16] | My career is nowhere. I don’t have an agent, | 我的职业没有方向 我没有经纪人 |
[00:18] | a publisher, an idea. | 出版社 好点子也没有 |
[00:20] | Also lost? Rafael’s real parents. | 同样迷失的还有拉斐尔的亲生父母 |
[00:22] | Actually, buddy, I don’t know who they are. | 说实话 我也不知道他们是谁 |
[00:25] | And, of course, Jane had an opinion. | 当然了 简有她的主张 |
[00:27] | I think you should look for your birth parents. | 我觉得你应该找你的亲生父母 |
[00:29] | I know. What a mystery. | 是啊 多大的谜团啊 |
[00:31] | Which reminds me, Petra’s lawyer J.R. | 让我想起了佩特拉的律师简·拉莫斯 |
[00:33] | had been working with a mystery person | 她和一个神秘人勾结 |
[00:35] | to make sure Petra went to jail. Only then, | 想让佩特拉进监狱 但后来 |
[00:38] | she had a change of heart, so she told Petra everything. | 她改变主意了 所以她向佩特拉坦白 |
[00:41] | You planted the screws. | 你放的螺丝钉 |
[00:43] | No. It must have been the blackmailer. | 不是 肯定是勒索者放的 |
[00:45] | Your mother. I can only assume. | 比如你的妈妈 |
[00:47] | And then she promised Petra she’d help her. | 然后她答应帮助佩特拉 |
[00:49] | Oh, and complicating that– | 让问题更复杂的是 |
[00:51] | Petra’s sexy dream. | 佩特拉的春梦 |
[00:53] | So, yeah, straight out of a telenovela, right? | 真是狗血啊 不是吗 |
[00:55] | Well, imagine this. Jane’s father was trying to bring | 再来看看这个 简爸正全力以赴 |
[00:58] | The Passions of Santos to America, | 想让《桑托斯的激情》来到美国 |
[01:00] | but he was having trouble casting a costar, | 但他和他的女主有点不搭 |
[01:02] | which had left him a little distracted from his new wife. | 这让他对妻子有些不太关注 |
[01:04] | I’m just trying to figure out my life, | 我正努力过好自己的日子 |
[01:06] | which you would have noticed if you paid attention. | 如果你在乎我 就会看到我的努力 |
[01:09] | And Xiomara? Well, | 希尔玛拉这边 |
[01:11] | she said she was going to teach a dance class | 她说她要去教舞蹈课 |
[01:13] | and then ended up here. | 最后却来到了这里 |
[01:14] | I know. OMG, right? | 我的天啊 |
[01:16] | So let’s see what happens next. | 让我们接着看吧 |
[01:20] | It is a truth universally known | 世人皆知 |
[01:22] | that everyone’s a critic. | 人人都是批评家 |
[01:23] | I don’t like that pillow. | 我不喜欢这枕头 |
[01:24] | Especially Jane. | 尤其是简 |
[01:26] | It never existed. | 没了 |
[01:28] | – So? – It’s perfect. | -怎么样 -完美 |
[01:30] | My family’s gonna freak. | 我家人会惊呆的 |
[01:31] | Oh, they’re gonna lose their minds. | 她们会震惊的 |
[01:33] | I mean, Rafael’s apartment looks good, but… | 拉斐尔的公寓看起来很不错 但… |
[01:35] | it’s not exactly HGTV-worthy. | 但还没好到令人震惊 |
[01:37] | My abuela’s head might actually explode. | 我外婆肯定会为之疯狂的 |
[01:39] | Well, it is a nice picture, but I don’t know | 画不错 但应该到不了 |
[01:42] | if it’s a head exploder. | 让人疯狂的地步 |
[01:45] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[01:46] | I was thinking that that could be your nightstand. | 这个用来做的你床头柜吧 |
[01:49] | For when you stay over. | 你过来住的时候 |
[01:53] | I don’t know how my dad’s gonna feel. | 我不知道我爸会怎么想 |
[01:55] | And my mom is the real wild card. | 我妈也是猜不透 |
[01:57] | She could go either way. | 她怎样想都有可能 |
[01:58] | No way. Deep down, | 不会的 在她心里 |
[02:00] | I think she’s always wanted us to be together. | 她一直想让我俩在一起 |
[02:02] | Oh! Doi! | 天啊 |
[02:04] | They’re talking about telling everyone they’re dating. | 他们要告诉大家他俩在一起了 |
[02:06] | Someone’s definitely gonna cry. | 有人肯定会哭的 |
[02:07] | Yeah. You. | 是的 你 |
[02:10] | Well, what are we waiting for? | 我们还等什么呢 |
[02:12] | Let’s see those huge reactions! | 让我们看看大家的反应吧 |
[02:15] | We have news. | 我们有事要说 |
[02:16] | We’re dating! We’re dating! | 我们在一起了 |
[02:22] | Ugh, Ma, it’s not fair! | 妈 不公平 |
[02:23] | Just because it was today, of all days! | 怎么偏偏就这一天啊 |
[02:26] | That’s only because you got to pick your day first, Alba. | 都是因为你第一个选的日期 阿尔芭 |
[02:29] | – Fine, here. Take it. – Uh, hold on. | -拿去吧 -等等 |
[02:30] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[02:30] | She won the bet– when you’d tell us. | 你们公开的时候 她就赢了 |
[02:32] | You guys knew? | 你们知道了 |
[02:34] | You were pretty obvious. | 你们太明显了 |
[02:35] | The whole “Pulled muscle” Thing? | “肌肉拉伤”这种事 |
[02:37] | Rafael was just, uh, helping me with, | 拉斐尔在帮我 |
[02:39] | uh, my, um… Drawers. | 弄抽屉 |
[02:42] | I know a sex injury when I see one. | 我一眼就能看出啪啪啪时候的伤 |
[02:45] | Yeah, you do. | 那当然 |
[02:59] | Seriously? Everybody knew? | 搞什么 大家都知道了 |
[03:05] | I can’t believe this! | 我不敢相信 |
[03:06] | My heart feels like-like… | 我的小心脏… |
[03:08] | – It’s glowing? – Yeah! | -就像燃烧着一样 -对 |
[03:10] | Exactly! Like it’s glowing! | 没错 就像在燃烧 |
[03:16] | Called it. | 我就说嘛 |
[03:19] | 《处女情缘》 和拉斐尔 | |
[03:31] | Okay. Well, we have to be careful here. | 好了 我们要谨慎点 |
[03:33] | – Petra can be… – Bitchy. | -佩特拉会… -嘴贱 |
[03:35] | Tricky. I felt very much on the outside | 难搞 你俩在一起的时候 |
[03:37] | when you guys were dating, so I just want to be sensitive. | 基本上没我啥事 所以我想小心点 |
[03:43] | You look surprised. | 你看起来有点惊讶 |
[03:44] | Shocked, actually. | 是震惊 |
[03:47] | This is why you called an important family meeting in the middle of the day? | 所以你俩在大中午的要开个家庭会议 |
[03:50] | To tell me you’re dating? | 就为了告诉我这个 |
[03:52] | What-what is this, sophomore year of high school? | 你俩当这是高中时代啊 |
[03:54] | What, did he ask you to prom? Are you aware that I am | 他邀请你去舞会了吗 你俩知不知道 |
[03:56] | currently under investigation for murder?! | 现在我受到了谋杀案的调查 |
[03:58] | We were just trying to be mindful of our history. | 我们只是考虑到以前的事 |
[03:59] | We-we really weren’t thinking. | 我们没考虑好 |
[04:00] | – Look, we’re really sorry. – You’re together. Whoop-de-freaking-do. | -真对不起 -你俩在一起了 恭喜恭喜 |
[04:02] | What did you want, fireworks? | 还想要啥 放烟花庆祝吗 |
[04:05] | No. Of course not. | 当然不了 |
[04:07] | Okay. Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 那就好 失陪了 |
[04:09] | I have an important meeting with my criminal defense attorney | 我跟我的刑事辩护律师有约 |
[04:11] | to discuss strategies to keep me out of prison. | 讨论一下如何让我不进监狱 |
[04:16] | But many happy returns to the new couple. | 祝你们两口子永远幸福 |
[04:24] | Anything? | 有进展吗 |
[04:25] | It’s been two days! | 已经两天了 |
[04:26] | How have we not heard from them? | 怎么还没有他们的消息 |
[04:27] | – Petra, calm down. – You calm down! | -佩特拉 冷静 -你冷静试试 |
[04:29] | Someone’s trying to frame me for murder! | 有人诬陷我谋杀 |
[04:30] | And I’m working on it. | 我正在处理 |
[04:32] | By doing what? And do not say | 怎么处理 别告诉我 |
[04:34] | – “Waiting.” – Waiting. | -“在等” -在等 |
[04:35] | Maybe it’s you. Maybe you’re still working with them. | 说不好就是你跟他们里应外合 |
[04:37] | – I’m not. – You could be! I mean, you were. | -我没有 -你以前就这么做过 |
[04:39] | – And what do I really know about you? – Petra, stop. | -我又不了解你 -佩特拉 住嘴 |
[04:46] | Breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[04:48] | We’re in this together, okay? | 我们一条绳上的蚂蚱 |
[04:50] | I’m not working for anyone else. | 我没有替别人干活 |
[04:53] | If you go down, | 如果你完蛋了 |
[04:55] | I go down. | 我也完蛋了 |
[05:00] | Now, did you make the list? | 名单列了吗 |
[05:02] | Yes. | 列了 |
[05:06] | This is everyone I could think of who might want to see me behind bars. | 这是我能想到的想让我坐牢的人 |
[05:10] | 玛格达·安德尔 路易莎·阿尔弗 萝丝·索拉诺 查克·切斯 拉克兰·摩尔 卡瑟琳·科特斯 米洛斯·沃拉切克 克里希娜·德哈万 | |
[05:18] | Pammy the Parrot? | 鹦鹉帕米 |
[05:19] | Well, the guy who plays the parrot at the Marbella. | 那个在玛贝拉扮演鹦鹉的人 |
[05:22] | I’m often quite short with him. | 我俩经常不愉快 |
[05:23] | What’s his name? | 他名叫什么 |
[05:24] | I don’t know his name. | 我不知道 |
[05:25] | I call him Parrot Guy. | 我叫他鹦鹉人 |
[05:27] | That’s also why he’s on the list. | 所以他也在名单上 |
[05:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:33] | I’ll check out Parrot Guy. | 我去查查鹦鹉人 |
[05:35] | Ah, what a seamless transition. | 真是无缝衔接啊 |
[05:38] | Go write. | 去写东西吧 |
[05:39] | I’ll see you later. | 待会见 |
[05:40] | And if anything comes from Italy…? | 如果有消息从意大利来 |
[05:43] | To remind you, Rafael was searching | 提醒一下 拉斐尔正在寻找 |
[05:44] | for his biological mother. | 他的亲生母亲 |
[05:46] | I will wait to open it with you. | 我会等着你一起揭晓 |
[05:47] | Well, maybe not remind you so much as tell you– | 直接告诉大家吧 |
[05:50] | he decided to look for her. | 他决定寻找她 |
[05:51] | You nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[05:52] | Because if you want to talk or anything, | 如果你想要聊聊 |
[05:54] | I can stay and we can take a walk. | 我可以留下来 散个步 |
[05:57] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干嘛 |
[05:58] | – I am not trying to avoid writing! – You’re trying to avoid writing. | -我不想逃避写作 -你想逃避写作 |
[06:00] | Okay, a little. But that’s because there’s nothing to write about! | 好吧 有一点 但也是因为没有东西可以写 |
[06:05] | Then sit in front of the computer and stare at it. | 那就坐电脑前盯着它 |
[06:08] | Go. | 快去 |
[06:10] | Ooh! Looks like Jane’s actually making progress. | 看起来简终于有进步了 |
[06:19] | Aw, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:22] | No, not yet. | 还不行 |
[06:31] | If you must know… | 好吧… |
[06:34] | I’m writing a response to the critic who gave me a bad review. | 我在写一封信 回应那位给我差评的人 |
[06:39] | I was. | 我是放下了 |
[06:41] | But then I went on my book page on Amazon– | 但后来我去亚马逊上看我的书 |
[06:43] | you know, to bolster my confidence, | 找点自信 |
[06:45] | remind myself that I’m a published freaking author– | 告诉自己我是出版作家 |
[06:47] | and they linked that review. | 结果他们把那差评链接进去了 |
[06:49] | So the first thing anyone sees when they go to buy my book | 所以大家去买我的书 第一眼看到的 |
[06:51] | is a reason to not buy my book. | 就是不要买我的书的差评 |
[06:53] | – Ay, mi amor. – And I reread it. | -亲爱的 -我又读了一遍 |
[06:55] | And, honestly, this guy just didn’t get what I was doing. | 说真的 这家伙根本不知道我在写什么 |
[06:58] | He said that the main character was cringeworthy at times. | 他说主人翁的表现时常令人尴尬 |
[07:02] | What? How dare he? | 什么 怎么能这样 |
[07:04] | But that’s the point. | 但重点就在这里啊 |
[07:05] | People aren’t perfect. Ever heard of Walt Whitman, sir? | 人非完美 听说过沃尔特·惠特曼吗 |
[07:09] | “Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, | “我前后矛盾吗 那我就是前后矛盾吧 |
[07:12] | I am large, I contain multitudes”! | 我心胸宽广 兼收并蓄” |
[07:16] | I certainly did. And I called him out on his cultural bias. | 我写了 我还指出了他的文化偏见 |
[07:19] | I mean, too much magical realism? | 他说我魔幻现实主义太多了 |
[07:21] | I hate this guy. | 我讨厌这个人 |
[07:23] | Maybe he’s never heard of a little author | 也许加西亚·马尔克斯的名气太小 |
[07:24] | by the name of Gabriel García Márquez. | 他从来没有听说过吧 |
[07:26] | Márquez says magical realism runs through our streets. | 马尔克斯说 魔幻现实主义就在我们身边 |
[07:30] | Right? | 是吧 |
[07:30] | See, this guy read it all wrong. | 这家伙啥都不懂 |
[07:34] | I mean, he says “Derivative”– | 他还说”模仿前人” |
[07:36] | I say “Homage.” | 我这是”致敬” |
[07:37] | And maybe it “Fell flat” To him, | 也许他觉得”乏善可陈” |
[07:39] | but maybe it’s just his warped white male lens. | 但也许只是他作为白人的偏见 |
[07:49] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:50] | That would be “Over the top.” | 那就有点”太过了” |
[07:52] | Which I’m not. | 我不会的 |
[07:57] | I know. You’re right. | 我知道 你是对的 |
[07:59] | I need to move forward. | 我要向前看 |
[08:05] | I told her I just want to move forward. | 我跟她说我只想向前看 |
[08:08] | Actually, I told her doorman, | 其实我是跟她的门房说的 |
[08:09] | because River will not see or speak to me. | 因为里弗不愿意见我 |
[08:11] | It was ridiculous. | 太扯了 |
[08:13] | I mean, obviously, we got off on the wrong foot. | 一开始我俩就没处好 |
[08:15] | I’ll remind you why that wording is in poor taste. | 提醒一下这话说得很直接 |
[08:18] | Attack her! | 咬她 |
[08:21] | But now she’s just being a nine-toed drama queen. | 现在她小题大做 搞得自己很不得了 |
[08:24] | Now the network wants me to write her a letter | 电视台想让我写一封信给她 |
[08:26] | begging her to do the show? | 求她出演 |
[08:28] | Rogelio de la Vega doesn’t beg! | 罗格里奥不会求人的 |
[08:31] | Except for my wife’s forgiveness. | 除了请求我老婆的原谅 |
[08:34] | I’ve been focused on myself again. | 我又只关注自己了 |
[08:36] | Old habits die hard. | 积习难改啊 |
[08:38] | Please, how are you? | 你最近怎样 |
[08:39] | I want to only hear about you. | 我只想听你的事 |
[08:42] | I’m good. | 还好 |
[08:43] | Work’s been busy, because I’ve been | 工作很忙 因为 |
[08:45] | covering for another teacher who’s sick. | 最近在帮另一个生病的老师代班 |
[08:48] | Who’s sick? | 谁病了 |
[08:50] | That you’re covering for. | 你帮代班的老师 |
[08:52] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not used to all the questions. | 哦不好意思 没习惯被问这么多问题 |
[08:55] | Rory. | 罗里 |
[08:56] | Rory’s sick. | 罗里病了 |
[08:59] | Sorry. I have to take this. | 对不起我接个电话 |
[09:03] | Also suspicious? | 同样令人怀疑的 |
[09:24] | 这是你的新手机 明天三点 比斯坎和白桦路街角的停车库见 一个人来 未知号码 | |
[09:42] | Okay. Now call Petra. | 好 现在跟佩特拉打电话 |
[09:58] | No! Don’t read that review again! | 不 不要读那篇评论 |
[10:13] | Ugh. Derivative and uninspired. | 哎 陈词滥调 没有新意 |
[10:17] | That reviewer was 100% right. | 那个评论家绝对是对的 |
[10:20] | Only he sugarcoated it. | 只不过他没说的那么严重 |
[10:22] | No. This isn’t healthy. | 不 这样想不好 |
[10:24] | Choose to ignore. | 忽视 |
[10:29] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪也不去 |
[10:30] | Here’s the truth. | 事实就是 |
[10:32] | An outrageous series of events happened to you, | 一系列令人恼火的事情发生在你身上 |
[10:34] | and you exploited it for the sake of a novel, and it sold. | 你把它们全写成了小说 然后大卖 |
[10:38] | But without that, you’d be nowhere. | 没了这个 你什么都不是 |
[10:40] | Like I said, everyone’s a critic. | 我说过 每个人都是评论家 |
[10:42] | Admit it, Jane. | 承认吧 简 |
[10:44] | You’re a fraud. | 你就是个骗子 |
[10:46] | Especially Jane. | 尤其是简 |
[10:50] | Yes! Just the person I need to see! | 太好了 你正是我想见的人 |
[10:53] | How does this sound? Okay. | 这样说怎样 |
[10:55] | “Dear River, I’m begging you, | “亲爱的里弗 我求求你 |
[10:57] | “Don’t miss out on the greatest opportunity of your career | 不要错过你职业中最重要的机会 |
[10:59] | “Just because I accidentally got you attacked by a wolf. | 仅仅因为我让一头狼攻击了你 |
[11:02] | “To do so would be a huge mistake in a career | 你这样子 真是给你已经有不少错误的职业生涯 |
[11:05] | littered with mistakes…” | 添上另一个大错 |
[11:06] | What? What? What are you doing?! Why are you deleting it?! | 干嘛干嘛 为啥删了 |
[11:08] | Because you’re gonna have to be, | 因为你必须要 |
[11:09] | like, a hundred times more humble. | 降低姿态一百倍不嫌多 |
[11:12] | Where’s Mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[11:13] | Ah, yes, my wife, | 对啊 我老婆 |
[11:16] | International Woman of Mystery. | 国际最神秘女子 |
[11:18] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[11:20] | Early shift. Again. | 又上早班 |
[11:22] | Why are you saying it like that? | 你这啥态度 |
[11:24] | Because your mom has been distant and secretive lately. | 因为你妈妈最近神秘莫测的 |
[11:28] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[11:29] | Don’t let your telenovela instincts get the better of you. | 别让电视剧里的你控制了你 |
[11:32] | You’re probably right. | 没错 |
[11:34] | I just miss her. | 我只是想她了 |
[11:35] | Well, then why don’t you do something special, | 那为什么你不搞点浪漫呢 |
[11:37] | just the two of you? | 就你们俩 |
[11:39] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[11:40] | That’s a wonderful idea! | 这主意太好了 |
[11:42] | I will go all out! | 我会全力以赴 |
[11:44] | A Xogelio Extravaganza! | 希格里奥浪漫 |
[11:47] | Again, check your telenovela instincts. | 不要搞得像肥皂剧那么夸张 |
[11:49] | Small and intimate works, too. | 甜蜜的小事就可以了 |
[11:52] | Yes, yes, yes, you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[11:53] | Smart advice from my brilliant daughter. | 我聪明的女儿的建议最棒 |
[11:56] | Oh. Let me return the favor. What did you need from your mom? | 换我了 你想从你妈妈那儿得到啥 |
[11:58] | – How can I help? – It’s nothing. | -我能帮啥忙 -没事 |
[12:00] | I just wanted to vent because I’m blocked. | 我就想倒倒苦水 因为我受阻了 |
[12:01] | Need a laxative? Poo Nami? | 要泻药吗 奈美牌 |
[12:07] | With my writing. Writer’s block. | 我有一点写作障碍了 |
[12:09] | Because I can’t get my bad review out of my head. | 因为我一直在想差评 |
[12:19] | I’m going to show you something. | 我给你看样东西 |
[12:20] | Something no one has ever seen before. | 一个别人从来没见过的东西 |
[12:34] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[12:38] | It’s my Failure Folder. | 这是我的失败记录册 |
[12:39] | The bleakest, | 记录了我的职业生涯中 |
[12:40] | most soul-crushing reviews of my career. | 悲惨的心碎的评论 |
[12:55] | Geez, Dad, these are harsh. | 天呐 他们评论真苛刻 |
[12:56] | Yes. And had I let them get into my head, | 没错 而且如果我一直想这些差评 |
[13:00] | I would have never become the successful, | 我今天就不会这样以一位 |
[13:02] | prolific actor standing before you. | 多产的成功演员的身份站在你身前 |
[13:05] | – How did you do it? – I rebranded them. | -你怎么做到的 -重塑 |
[13:07] | This is no longer my Failure Folder. | 这已经不再是我的失败记录册了 |
[13:10] | It is my Motivation Folder. | 这是我的成功激励册 |
[13:11] | All these harsh words from bitter, mean critics? | 这些尖酸刻薄的评论家们的批评 |
[13:15] | They’re nothing but fuel, | 只不过是燃料 |
[13:16] | urging me to overcome, show them all. | 是驱使我客服困难 展现自我的动力 |
[13:20] | Well, that’s good advice, Dad, | 这是个好建议 |
[13:21] | but it’s a little different for me because… | 但是这和我的情况有点不同 因为 |
[13:23] | I know. I’m a star, but normal people can be resilient, too. | 我知道 我是个明星 但是普通人也可以这样恢复自我 |
[13:27] | No, but I’m literally stuck. | 但是我真的卡住了 |
[13:30] | I can’t write. | 我不能写了 |
[13:31] | Just get the critic out of your head! | 别想差评了 |
[13:32] | – No, but… – I’m hearing a lot of “No buts.” | -不 可是 -我听到了很多”不 可是” |
[13:35] | I want to hear more “Yes, and.” | 我想听到”是的 没错” |
[13:38] | Yes, and. It’s perfect! Huh? | 是的没错 很完美对吧 |
[13:41] | “Yes, and” Is the first rule of improv. | “是的没错”是即兴表演的第一原则 |
[13:44] | That’s the cure for your writer’s block. | 这是治疗你写作障碍的解药 |
[13:46] | Take an improv class! I’m a genius. | 去上即兴表演的课吧 我真是天才 |
[13:49] | There’s that lack of confidence again. | 还是缺乏自信 |
[13:51] | What does improv have to do with writing? | 即兴表演和写作有什么关系 |
[13:52] | It’s a way to get your creative juices flowing | 这是一种不用实际写作又能 |
[13:55] | without worrying about your actual writing. | 激发你创作灵感的办法 |
[13:57] | It’ll force you to stop self-censoring, | 它会迫使你停止自我审查 |
[13:59] | to dive in and commit to new ideas. | 深入挖掘并发现新的想法 |
[14:03] | – I’m not an actor, Dad. – Who cares? | -我不是演员 -谁在乎 |
[14:05] | It’s just to help you to think on your feet. | 它只会帮助你快速思考 |
[14:06] | Reclaim your creative self. | 重新认识具有创造性的自我 |
[14:10] | Your derivative, uninspired self. | 缺乏独创性的 没有创意的自我 |
[14:14] | Come on, Jane. You can’t. | 别想了简 你做不到的 |
[14:16] | You know what? Yes, I’ll sign up. | 你知道吗 我会参加 |
[14:19] | Yes! | 很好 |
[14:20] | Onstage failure. Huh. | 舞台失败 |
[14:22] | What a dramatic twist. | 能有什么戏剧性的转折 |
[14:25] | Which brings us here, now. | 我们来到了这里 |
[14:31] | – Petra? – I knew I couldn’t trust you. | -佩特拉 -我就知道我不能相信你 |
[14:39] | I’m being followed. I think it’s the blackmailer. | 我被跟踪了 我觉得是发勒索邮件的那个人 |
[14:41] | I’m gonna kiss you again, | 我会再亲你一次 |
[14:43] | and then we’re gonna get back in the car. | 然后进到车里 |
[14:48] | Who’s following you? | 谁在跟踪你 |
[14:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:52] | Someone’s been tailing me all day. | 有个人跟了我一天了 |
[14:55] | Do you know anyone with a late model olive green sedan? | 你认识开着最新款橄榄绿轿车的人吗 |
[14:58] | No. | 不认识 |
[14:59] | What the hell were you doing here anyway? | 你在这干什么啊 |
[15:01] | I was supposed to meet with the blackmailers. | 我本应该去见勒索者的 |
[15:03] | No, you weren’t. | 不是的 |
[15:04] | I planted that burner phone, I sent those texts. | 紧急电话和短信都是我干的 |
[15:08] | What? | 什么 |
[15:09] | To see if you’d actually reach out to me | 目的是观测如果你收到他们消息 |
[15:10] | if you heard from them, which you didn’t. | 是否会来找我 然而你没有 |
[15:12] | Only because I’m being followed! | 那是因为我被跟踪了 |
[15:14] | And you’ve been so strung out! | 然后你还有点神经兮兮的 |
[15:16] | I don’t want to risk you messing anything up. | 我不想再拿你冒险搞砸什么事情了 |
[15:25] | They’re still watching. | 他们还在看着呢 |
[15:28] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[15:29] | Now what? | 那怎么办 |
[15:32] | I’ll tell them you were getting suspicious, | 我会告诉他们你被怀疑了 |
[15:33] | so I had to seduce you. | 所以我得色诱你 |
[15:43] | – Must be my cell. – Too many phones. | -肯定是我的手机 -手机太多了 |
[15:46] | We have to go. It’s my mom. | 我们得走了 我妈妈的消息 |
[15:49] | It’s a marriage record. My mom’s. | 这是我妈妈的婚姻档案 |
[15:52] | Ah, this must be the letter | 这个肯定是他们万分期待的 |
[15:53] | – they were expecting from Italy. – What does it say? | -来自意大利的信了 -说了什么 |
[15:56] | She married someone named Angello Amalberti. | 她嫁给了一个叫安戈洛·阿玛贝蒂的人 |
[16:00] | So maybe her name is Camilla Amalberti now? | 所以现在她的名字是卡米拉·阿玛贝蒂 |
[16:05] | Should we look her up? | 我们要上网搜搜她吗 |
[16:11] | – If you’re not ready… – Uh, I am. | -如果你没准备好的话 -我准备好了 |
[16:14] | Let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[16:34] | Here’s a match. She looks the right age. | 这个好像是 年龄差不多 |
[16:36] | Let’s me see if I can find out where she’s from. | 看看能不能找到她是哪的人 |
[16:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[16:44] | Rafael, I think this is her. | 拉斐尔 我觉得这个是她 |
[16:54] | That’s my mom. | 是我妈妈 |
[17:02] | I can’t believe that’s really her. | 不敢相信真的是她 |
[17:05] | She looks… | 她看起来 |
[17:07] | kind, doesn’t she? | 很善良 是吧 |
[17:11] | She really does. | 确实如此 |
[17:14] | And you can see a little family resemblance? | 我和她是不是有点像 |
[17:16] | – Maybe? – Definitely. | -也许有点 -肯定的 |
[17:22] | What do you want to do? | 你想做什么 |
[17:25] | Uh, write her? | 给她回信 |
[17:28] | And now before I lose my nerve. | 在我失去勇气之前 现在就写 |
[17:34] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[17:34] | We gave her a sedative. | 我们给她打了镇定剂 |
[17:36] | She was disoriented, very upset. | 她迷失 沮丧 |
[17:44] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[17:45] | I don’t know if it was the right thing, | 我不知道我们这样把她带到这 |
[17:47] | putting her here. | 是否正确 |
[17:50] | Is that…? | 是不是… |
[17:50] | Yes, it’s them. | 没错 是他们 |
[17:57] | Okay, what now? | 好吧 接下来怎么做 |
[17:59] | Oh, I text them back our cover story. | 我回短信说我们设计好的故事 |
[18:01] | You were suspicious, | 你被怀疑了 |
[18:03] | I seduced you so I can get closer to you | 我色诱了你 这样就可以接近你 |
[18:04] | and force you to incriminate yourself. | 进而让你自首 |
[18:06] | You think they’ll believe that? | 你认为他们会信吗 |
[18:07] | – What? – That I was seduced. | -什么 -我被你色诱 |
[18:11] | I wouldn’t worry. | 我不会担心 |
[18:13] | You were pretty into that kiss. | 你的吻很深情 |
[18:16] | What?! No, I wasn’t. | 什么 我没有 |
[18:18] | Text them back, make it convincing. | 回短信 让他们相信这一点 |
[18:21] | Don’t be nervous. | 别紧张 |
[18:22] | Getting out of your comfort zone is what improv is all about. | 走出舒适区是即兴表演的重点 |
[18:25] | And remember, Jane, you have highly-gifted actor’s blood | 简 记住 你的血管里 |
[18:28] | coursing through your veins! | 流淌着天才演员的血液 |
[18:30] | – Thanks, Dad. – No, thank you for the advice. | -谢了 -没事 谢谢你的建议 |
[18:33] | I’m on my way to surprise your mother with a night of romance. | 我打算给你妈妈一个浪漫夜晚的惊喜 |
[18:35] | You didn’t go too big, did you? | 没有那么声势浩大 是吧 |
[18:37] | Well… | 好吧 |
[18:38] | She will love it. | 她会喜欢的 |
[18:40] | Good luck at improv, and remember, “Yes, and”! | 祝你即兴顺利 不要忘了”是的没错” |
[18:43] | Got it. On it. | 好的 明白了 |
[18:57] | Hello, good sir. | 你好 |
[18:58] | I’m here to wait for the enchanting Xiomara de la Vega. | 我来找迷人的希尔玛拉·维嘉 |
[19:01] | Xo isn’t working today. | 希尔今天不上班 |
[19:04] | – Are you sure? – Yup. | -你确定吗 -是的 |
[19:05] | Hasn’t been in all week. | 一周都没来了 |
[19:09] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[19:19] | Establish a location. That’s rule number three of improv. | 建立关系 这是即兴的第三条规则 |
[19:28] | Rule number two– | 第二条规则 |
[19:29] | add new information. | 增加新信息 |
[19:30] | And rule number one? | 第一条规则 |
[19:35] | Yes, and. | 是的 没错 |
[19:36] | Exactly, which means accept what is given to you | 完全正确 这意味着接受 |
[19:39] | and add on to it. Get it? | 给你的所有信息 明白了吗 |
[19:41] | – Got it. – Good. Now let’s get you up on your feet. | -明白了 -好 那么我们来实战一下 |
[19:43] | – Oh, no. – You mean, “Oh, yes.” | -哦不 -你是在说”哦好的” |
[19:46] | Sorry. Oh, yes! And… | 不好意思 哦好的没错 |
[19:49] | here I go. | 我来了 |
[19:50] | Great. Mark, join her. | 很好 马克 和她一起 |
[19:54] | Class, what is he holding? | 同学们 他拿的是什么 |
[19:56] | A microphone. | 麦克风 |
[19:59] | Hello, New York. Bob Edgars here | 你好纽约 这是鲍勃·埃德加 |
[20:01] | with Mrs. Phyllis Runkle. | 和菲莉斯·朗克尔女士 |
[20:04] | Mrs. Runkle, I understand that you were the sole eyewitness | 朗克尔女士 我了解到你是昨晚 |
[20:07] | to the theft of the Statue of Liberty late last night? | 自由女神偷窃案的唯一一名目击者 |
[20:14] | Just say whatever pops into your head. | 想到什么说什么吧 |
[20:18] | Except that. | 除了这个 |
[20:20] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[20:23] | Did the thieves steal anything else? | 小偷还偷了别的什么吗 |
[20:26] | Her voice, apparently. | 她的声音 很明显 |
[20:28] | Come on, Jane. Remember the rules of improv. | 加油 想想即兴的三个规则 |
[20:31] | Yes, and… | 是的没错 |
[20:33] | Don’t be derivative, Jane. I can’t bear it. | 别这么没有创造性 我受不了 |
[20:36] | Nope. Don’t say that. It’s painfully prosaic. | 不 别那么说 非常无趣 |
[20:42] | Did you catch a glimpse of their faces? | 你看清了他的脸吗 |
[20:46] | Yes. I saw the thieves, and | 是的 我看到了 |
[20:49] | they took the Statue of Liberty | 他们偷走了自由女神像 |
[20:52] | and my virginity. | 还有我的贞洁 |
[20:54] | By force. | 暴力偷走的 |
[20:56] | And it was scary, and… | 很可怕 还有 |
[20:58] | Stop. This is the house. | 停 就是这里 |
[21:18] | Take your hands off my wife, you thieving, toned bastard. | 别碰我老婆 你个王八犊子 |
[21:21] | I will rip you limb from limb! | 我要手撕了你 |
[21:24] | So much for not letting his telenovela instincts | 不让他的肥皂剧本能 |
[21:26] | get the better of him. | 影响他 |
[21:27] | – Rogelio! Stop! – No! | -罗格里奥 住手 -不 |
[21:29] | I know about the affair. | 我知道你有外遇了 |
[21:30] | Affair? | 外遇 |
[21:31] | Brad’s my dance partner. | 布拉德是我的舞伴 |
[21:33] | We entered a competition. | 我们参加比赛了 |
[21:35] | You expect me to believe that? | 你觉得我能信么 |
[21:36] | Yes. Hey, get your hands off my boyfriend. | 别碰我男朋友 |
[21:43] | So-so, he-he-he really is… | 所以他真的是… |
[21:45] | My dance partner. Yes. | 我的舞伴 是的 |
[21:55] | I can’t believe you thought I’d cheat on you. | 真不敢相信你认为我背叛了你 |
[21:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:59] | I-I think that being home all day has made me a little crazy. | 天天在家有点逼疯我了 |
[22:03] | But why did you lie? | 那你为什么说谎 |
[22:06] | I was… embarrassed. | 我有点尴尬 |
[22:10] | It’s just a little dance contest. | 只是个小小的跳舞比赛 |
[22:11] | I mean, compared to what you do. | 和你的事情比起来 |
[22:14] | This isn’t about me. | 这和我无关 |
[22:18] | I guess… I’m just feeling a little lost, | 我猜 我就是有一点迷茫 |
[22:23] | and I wanted to have fun | 我只是想开心的 |
[22:25] | and rediscover my love of dancing. | 重新发现我对舞蹈的热爱 |
[22:29] | So let me support that. | 那么请让我支持你吧 |
[22:31] | I promise, Xiomara, | 我保证 希尔玛拉 |
[22:33] | I will not make it all about me. | 我不会只在乎自己 |
[22:35] | Xiomara. | 希尔玛拉 |
[22:37] | Not now, driver! | 不是现在 |
[22:43] | No. Improv is not for me. | 不行 即兴不适合我 |
[22:46] | I totally bombed. | 我彻底失败了 |
[22:48] | No way I’m going back there. | 我绝不可能再回去了 |
[22:49] | What? | 什么 |
[22:51] | You can’t quit, it’s only been a day. | 你不能放弃 才一天 |
[22:53] | I can and I am. | 我能 我也会放弃 |
[22:55] | Would you let me quit? | 那你会让我放弃吗 |
[22:58] | Okay, shut up. I’ll start my homework. | 闭嘴 我要开始写作业了 |
[23:00] | Bright side? You love homework. | 好的一面 你喜欢作业 |
[23:13] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[23:14] | My homework. This week I’m supposed to observe | 我的作业 这周我应该去观察 |
[23:17] | the people around me and really notice their gestures and quirks | 身边的人 注意他们的姿势和表现 |
[23:20] | and then use them to write up a character. | 然后用这些描写一个新人物 |
[23:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:24] | So, uh, what else are you observing about me? | 你还观察我什么了 |
[23:29] | You want to stop talking and just have sex. | 你不想说话 只想做爱 |
[23:32] | Nice work. | 干得不错 |
[23:33] | I think your homework is pretty much done for the night. | 我觉得你今晚的作业差不多完成了 |
[23:39] | Okay. Now you’re about to get sappy. | 你马上就会感到精力充沛 |
[23:43] | I just feel so… ?Hmm. | 我只是觉得 |
[23:46] | happy… here. | 开心 |
[23:48] | With you, in this apartment | 和你 在这里 |
[23:49] | that still smells like hot dogs. | 闻起来像热狗 |
[23:51] | And I can’t even believe I am saying that, | 不敢相信我会这么说 |
[23:53] | but it’s true. | 但真的是这样的 |
[23:55] | It just feels right. | 感觉很好 |
[23:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:59] | Don’t say it, Jane. | 别说了 简 |
[24:00] | Censor yourself. Bite your tongue. | 说话前过一下大脑 保持沉默 |
[24:04] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[24:05] | – I’m happy, too. – Also biting his tongue… | -我也很开心 -同样保持沉默的 |
[24:12] | I– Let’s try from that last eight count. | 再来一一次最后8个节拍 |
[24:14] | Five, six, seven, eight. | 五六七八 |
[24:25] | Did you want to say something? | 你想说什么吗 |
[24:26] | Only that you two dance… | 你俩跳舞 |
[24:29] | beautifully together. | 很美 |
[24:31] | It’s enchanting. | 很迷人 |
[24:34] | One more time? | 再跳一次 |
[24:35] | Uh, yes. | 好的 |
[24:37] | And we’re pushing off with the left leg. Right. | 抬左腿 对吧 |
[25:02] | Lovely. Wonderful. | 不错 好极了 |
[25:04] | Keep it up. | 继续保持 |
[25:06] | Amazing. Brilliant. | 叹为观止 非常出色 |
[25:08] | Coming from a totally casual observer. | 来自一位随意的观察员 |
[25:12] | Ah, another casual observer. | 另一个休闲观察员 |
[25:21] | Jane? Why are you limping? | 简 你怎么一瘸一拐的 |
[25:23] | Did you hurt yourself again? | 你受伤了吗 |
[25:25] | No, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 没没没 |
[25:26] | Just getting back into the swing of waitressing. | 只是回到了当服务生 |
[25:29] | Thanks for letting me pick up shifts. | 谢谢你让我重新开始 |
[25:30] | 收到回复了 他们给我一星期时间拿到你的枕边坦白 简·拉莫斯 | |
[25:39] | Did you just giggle? | 你傻笑什么呢 |
[25:42] | No. | 没有 |
[25:44] | I do not giggle. | 我没傻笑 |
[25:44] | You did. You giggled, | 你笑了 |
[25:46] | and you’re blushing– Who was that? | 还脸红了 是谁 |
[25:48] | No one. | 谁也不是 |
[25:50] | And I’m not. | 我也没脸红 |
[25:51] | Oh, my God. You have a crush. | 我的天 你有喜欢的人了 |
[25:52] | Did someone just ask you to the prom? | 是不是有人约你去舞会了 |
[25:54] | No. I do not have a crush, | 没有 我没有喜欢的人 |
[25:56] | and no one’s going to prom. | 也不会去舞会 |
[25:57] | And I do not giggle. | 更没傻笑 |
[25:59] | I have never giggled a day in my life. | 我这一辈子就没傻笑过 |
[26:01] | Giggling is for peasants. | 傻笑是乡下人的标志 |
[26:03] | Are you Shrek? | 你是史莱克吗 |
[26:05] | No. I’m being Auntie Petra. | 不 我只是在学佩特拉阿姨 |
[26:08] | Yeah. I think the, uh, accent was a little confusing. | 我觉得 口音有点怪 |
[26:11] | Like I said, | 就像我说过的 |
[26:12] | everyone’s a critic. | 人人都是评论家 |
[26:14] | Okay, what if I do my dad? He’s quirky. | 好吧 如果我模仿我爸呢 他很古怪 |
[26:16] | And definitely a larger than life personality. | 肯定比这个好 |
[26:18] | True that. | 这倒是 |
[26:19] | Beautiful. Yes. Incredible. | 漂亮 不可思议 |
[26:23] | I only hope the camera can capture your magnificence. | 真希望相机能够捕捉到你们的辉煌 |
[26:26] | Water break? | 喝口水歇一会 |
[26:27] | Lemon or no lemon? | 要不要柠檬汁 |
[26:28] | – Oh, uh, lemon. -Oh, my God, no. | -柠檬 -天啊 不 |
[26:30] | No lemon? Would you like a Gatorade? | 不要柠檬啊 那佳得乐怎么样 |
[26:32] | You need to make sure to replenish your electrolytes. | 你需要补充电解质 |
[26:35] | I also cut up some orange slices, | 我还切了橙子 |
[26:36] | – if you would like… – No! | -如果你想 -不 |
[26:38] | I don’t want any of it. | 我什么都不想要 |
[26:39] | Just stop it. Enough. | 停吧 够了 |
[26:41] | I’ll just, um, gonna use the restroom. | 我去下卫生间 |
[26:47] | What’s going on? | 怎么啦 |
[26:48] | Stop what? | 停什么 |
[26:49] | Everything. You. | 所有事情 你 |
[26:50] | But I’m not making this about myself at all. | 但是我没有只关心自己 |
[26:53] | – I’m all about you. – Exactly. | -我只关心你 -没错 |
[26:55] | That’s the problem. | 这就是问题 |
[26:57] | You’re suffocating me. | 你让我感到窒息 |
[26:59] | – What? – It’s true. | -什么 -是的 |
[27:00] | You used to go to work every day, | 你以前每天会去工作 |
[27:02] | so I had alone time, and I need that, | 我就有了自己的时间 我想要这样 |
[27:05] | because, well, | 因为 |
[27:07] | you’re such a big personality, and being around you all day, | 你个性太强了 在你身边 |
[27:10] | every day is exhausting. | 每天都精疲力尽 |
[27:12] | But I love being around you all day, every day. | 但我喜欢每一天都在你身边啊 |
[27:14] | That’s because I’m not exhausting. | 那是因为我还没有精疲力尽 |
[27:20] | Well, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[27:22] | I didn’t realize how much of my personality was problematic. | 我没意识到自己的个性会成为困扰 |
[27:27] | Well that wasn’t funny either. | 这也没意思 |
[27:29] | What am I gonna do in class? | 上课时我到底该怎么办啊 |
[27:30] | Well it’s improv, right? | 是即兴的 对吧 |
[27:32] | Can’t you just wing it? | 你就不能现场发挥吗 |
[27:33] | No, we have to write them up. | 不行 我们必须写下来 |
[27:36] | And I took this class to get away from writing. | 而且我上课就是为了逃避写作 |
[27:38] | It’s not a novel. | 这不是小说 |
[27:39] | It doesn’t matter what it is. | 是什么不重要 |
[27:41] | I have this critic in my head, | 我脑中就有这个批评的声音 |
[27:43] | judging and second-guessing. | 一直在品头论足 自我否定 |
[27:46] | It’s crippling. | 这很难受 |
[27:47] | And, friends, | 朋友们 |
[27:48] | from experience, that’s true. | 从我的经验来看 是真的 |
[27:50] | You can’t make progress | 如果你一直自我批评 |
[27:52] | if you’re constantly second-guessing yourself. | 是没法进步的 |
[27:55] | What’s with this critic? | 她批评什么呢 |
[27:56] | Honestly, it-it happens to me sometimes. | 事实上 我经常这样 |
[27:58] | I think it’s the pressure of telling such | 讲述这么一个快节奏的故事 |
[27:59] | – a fast-paced story. – Talk to me. | -有时很有压力 -和我说说吧 |
[28:02] | I just… | 我 |
[28:03] | Like, should I tell you what Jane | 我应该说出来 |
[28:05] | was really feeling here, or not? I will. | 简的真实想法吗 我要说 |
[28:08] | – I just… – Actually, no. | -我 -然而 |
[28:10] | I’ll save it for later. Let’s go back. | 我还是等会再说吧 先回到刚才 |
[28:14] | I didn’t realize how much of my personality was problematic. | 我没意识到自己的个性会成为困扰 |
[28:19] | See? Frustrating, right? | 很沮丧 是吧 |
[28:24] | You’ll recall we left Jane, mired in… | 我们刚刚讲到简这边 她陷入了 |
[28:26] | Self doubt. Every idea I have, | 自我怀疑 我的每个想法 |
[28:29] | there’s this voice that won’t go away. | 都有个声音挥之不去 |
[28:32] | What voice? | 什么声音 |
[28:33] | Me. | 我自己 |
[28:34] | My inner critic. | 我的自我批评 |
[28:35] | And I can’t seem to shut her up. | 我没法让她停下来 |
[28:37] | Why would you want to shut her up? | 你为什么想让她停下来呢 |
[28:39] | No, I listen to that voice all the time. | 我成天都听这个声音啊 |
[28:41] | She’s got some valid points. | 我觉得她说的挺对的 |
[28:43] | I’m not kidding. | 我不是开玩笑 |
[28:45] | But if I listen to her, then that means | 但如果我听她的 |
[28:48] | I have to accept that that review was right. | 那就意味着我必须接受那些评论 |
[28:51] | I shouldn’t be a writer. | 我不该成为作家 |
[28:54] | But that’s-that’s not what the review said. | 评论并不是这个意思 |
[28:56] | Okay, that I’m “Derivative and uninspired.” | 我”只会模仿 没有创造力” |
[28:58] | No, at times “Your manufactured | 不 只是”你写出来的巧合 |
[29:00] | coincidences were derivative and uninspired.” | 有模仿痕迹而缺乏创意” |
[29:04] | I read the review a couple times, too. | 那评论我也读了很多遍 |
[29:07] | Well, clearly, he doesn’t think I’m a good writer. | 反正他可不觉得我是个好作家 |
[29:09] | Then why did he say there was “Promise unfulfilled”? | 那他为什么要说”未完成的希望” |
[29:12] | That means you have promise. | 这表示你还有潜力 |
[29:14] | And the rest was all just constructive criticism. | 其他的都是建设性意见 |
[29:17] | So maybe you shouldn’t be trying | 也许你不用抗拒这份批判 |
[29:18] | to banish this critic, you should be trying | 要尽量把他说的 |
[29:21] | to see what he said as productive. | 看作是动力 |
[29:25] | And so, friends, Jane tried. | 朋友们 简尽力了 |
[29:29] | Don’t forget, the reviewer said | 别忘了 评论家说过 |
[29:31] | you used too many adjectives before. | 你之前用的形容词太多了 |
[29:34] | Yes, and this time I’m going to pare it down. | 是的 这次我会少用点 |
[29:37] | And he said you shouldn’t | 而且他还说 |
[29:40] | – be too removed from your subject. – Yes. | -别太偏离主题 -我知道 |
[29:43] | And this time, I’m drawing straight from my real life. | 这一次 我要从我的现实生活中走出来 |
[29:48] | I should go. | 我该离开了 |
[29:49] | We don’t want to overdo the magical realism. | 我们不该过分渲染魔幻现实主义 |
[29:55] | – Hey, Dad. – Have you heard from your mom? | -爸爸 -你妈妈有打电话给你吗 |
[29:57] | No. Is everything okay? | 没有 出什么事了吗 |
[29:59] | I mean, not really. | 也没什么 |
[30:00] | She said some pretty awful things | 只是她说了一些不好听的话 |
[30:02] | and I made her lemon water and orange slices, | 我给她做了柠檬水还切了橙子 |
[30:05] | and I bit my tongue so hard that… | 我还狠狠咬到了自己的舌头 |
[30:06] | Dad, slow down. | 爸爸 慢点 |
[30:08] | What did mom say? | 妈妈说什么了 |
[30:09] | Horrific things, Jane. | 很糟糕的话 简 |
[30:11] | Things I will spend my life trying to unhear. | 我这辈子都不想听到第二次 |
[30:13] | Okay. Stop. | 好了 别说了 |
[30:15] | Instead of locking those things away | 比起把这些事封存起来 |
[30:18] | in a fake book with a key that leads to an armoire, | 当作一切没有发生过 |
[30:21] | just try to consider what she said, | 还是好好考虑下她的话 |
[30:25] | because I decided to “Yes, and” my critic, | 因为我决定直面我的自我批评后 |
[30:28] | and I-it actually helped me. | 我发现其实还挺有帮助的 |
[30:30] | Perfect. Great advice. | 很好 好建议 |
[30:32] | Talk soon. | 一会说 |
[30:34] | See? | 看吧 |
[30:35] | I actually think she has a point. | 我觉得她说得对 |
[30:37] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[30:38] | I am your inner critic | 我是你的自我批评 |
[30:40] | and I’m finally out, baby! | 我终于解脱啦 |
[30:43] | I’ve been waiting 44 years | 我等了44年了 |
[30:45] | to be set free, and, boy, | 终于自由了 哥们 |
[30:47] | have I got some things | 我有话想 |
[30:48] | *To say! * | 说说说说说 |
[30:50] | – Okay, only 41 years. – No! | -我只有41岁 -不对 |
[30:51] | You’re 44, you delusional half-wit. | 你44了 你有点妄想症 |
[30:55] | You ever hear the theory about famous people? | 你听没听过名人理论 |
[30:57] | They stop maturing the moment they become famous, | 他们一旦成名就长不大了 |
[30:59] | and you booked our first national commercial | 你第一次拍全国广告的时候 |
[31:01] | when you were… nine. | 才九岁 |
[31:04] | Bam! Freeze it right there, | 当当当 你的成长就停在那里了 |
[31:05] | you whiny little thumb-sucking man-child. | 你永远是长不大的爱发牢骚的小孩 |
[31:09] | – Are you done? – No! | -你说够了吗 -没有 |
[31:10] | Your pompous, shallow, materialistic, | 你的浮夸 浅薄 拜金 |
[31:13] | loud, obnoxious, selfish, | 吵闹 讨厌 自私 |
[31:15] | – irresponsible… – Okay, okay. Stop it. | -不负责任 -好了 别说了 |
[31:16] | I can’t take it anymore. You’re too much. | 我受不了了 你也太夸张了吧 |
[31:19] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[31:22] | And I am you. | 我就是你啊 |
[31:24] | So maybe now you know how your wife feels. | 或许现在你明白你妻子的感受了吧 |
[31:42] | I’m so glad you came home. | 欢迎回家 |
[31:44] | I was too harsh with you, and… | 我对你太刻薄了 |
[31:47] | I feel terrible. | 我觉得很糟糕 |
[31:49] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:50] | No. | 不 |
[31:52] | I’m the one who’s sorry. | 是我该说抱歉 |
[31:54] | A-And I came back to apologize. | 我是回来道歉的 |
[31:56] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[31:57] | I am a lot. | 我太过了 |
[31:58] | Sometimes even for myself. | 有时候很自我 |
[32:02] | I know you mean well. | 我知道你是好意 |
[32:03] | That doesn’t mean it’s not true. | 但并不意味着问题就不存在 |
[32:06] | Look, I’m still adjusting. | 我还在适应 |
[32:09] | We’ve just never actually spent this much time together before. | 我们之前从没在一起这么久过 |
[32:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:13] | It feels like we should have, right? | 我们就应该在一起 对吧 |
[32:15] | Since we’ve known each other for so long. | 我们认识彼此太久了 |
[32:18] | Yeah. But really, we’re still newlyweds, | 没错 但实际上我们还是新婚夫妇 |
[32:21] | and it takes time to figure this all out. | 需要时间去解决一切 |
[32:24] | And we will. | 我们会解决的 |
[32:25] | One step at a time. | 一步一个脚印 |
[32:26] | Just like dancing. | 就像跳舞一样 |
[32:28] | Just like dancing. | 就像跳舞一样 |
[32:39] | I know I’m no Brad, but… | 我知道我不是布拉德 不过 |
[32:41] | may I have this dance? | 我可以请你跳支舞吗 |
[32:51] | And in that moment, friends, | 这一刻 朋友们 |
[32:53] | Xiomara found exactly what she was looking for: | 希尔玛拉找到了她一直在追寻的 |
[32:56] | her love of dance. | 她对舞蹈的爱 |
[33:16] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[33:18] | Yes. Milos is still in jail, so it can’t be him. | 没错 米勒还在监狱 不是他 |
[33:20] | Well, it’s always nice to cross an international arms dealer | 在对你不利的人的名单中 |
[33:22] | off the list of people who are after you. | 划掉一个国际武器贩子还是挺好的 |
[33:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[33:29] | I-I thought I had a crazy life, | 我觉得我的生活很疯狂 |
[33:31] | but yours… | 但你的 |
[33:33] | You don’t know the half of it. | 你知道的这些还不到一半呢 |
[33:42] | So, do you need to stay over or anything? | 你需要留下来睡或是怎么样吗 |
[33:47] | To sell the highly improbable lie | 让我对你有意思的传言 |
[33:49] | that I’m interested in you? | 变得更可信 |
[33:50] | Which we need them to believe. | 我们需要他们相信 |
[33:54] | I think the tongue you slipped me | 我觉得我们接吻时 |
[33:55] | during our kiss was pretty compelling. | 你扫过我的舌尖真的很诱人 |
[33:57] | Oh, snap! | 不是吧 |
[33:59] | What? | 什么 |
[34:01] | That was a reflex. | 只是条件反射 |
[34:05] | I could tell you had a plan– I just didn’t want to… | 我可以告诉你我有计划 |
[34:07] | undermine whatever it was. | 我只是不想影响计划 |
[34:10] | Good. | 好 |
[34:11] | Because I’m not into being a straight woman’s guinea pig. | 因为我不想成为直女的试验品 |
[34:17] | What makes you think I haven’t been with a woman? | 你怎么会觉得我没有和女人在一起过呢 |
[34:20] | Have you? | 你有过吗 |
[34:21] | Yes. | 当然 |
[34:23] | Several. | 很多个 |
[34:28] | I’m also your lawyer. | 我仍然是你的律师 |
[34:31] | That wouldn’t be the first line you’ve crossed. | 反正这也不是你第一次越线了 |
[34:43] | Oh, my. | 我的天啊 |
[34:44] | I’m not the blackmailer, but, | 我不是敲诈者 |
[34:46] | I am definitely buying this is real. | 但我绝对会相信她们俩是真的 |
[34:56] | So… | 所以 |
[34:58] | I enjoyed last night. | 我很享受昨晚 |
[35:00] | That was… one way to get me to relax. | 让我很放松 |
[35:04] | Yeah, it was fun. | 很不错 |
[35:08] | So, I just want to be honest. | 我得说实话 |
[35:12] | I’ve actually never been with a woman before. | 我其实从没和女人上床过 |
[35:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:17] | I have to be honest, too. | 我也说实话吧 |
[35:19] | I knew that already. | 我已经看出来了 |
[35:22] | I have to visit my mom. | 我得去看我妈妈 |
[35:23] | I’ll see you later. | 一会见 |
[35:25] | Great. Yeah, no, I’m in a hurry, too. | 好啊 我也有事呢 |
[35:27] | I have to get, to the lounge. | 我得 得去休息室 |
[35:28] | Prep for an event. | 为活动做准备 |
[35:30] | Nobody seems to work hard enough | 我不盯着 |
[35:31] | unless I’m breathing down their necks. | 他们都没人好好干活 |
[35:35] | Breakfast for two. | 双人早餐 |
[35:39] | You might have gone a little overboard. | 你太投入了吧 |
[35:41] | An eight-page bio on a character called “The Critic”? | 一个叫”批评家”的人物你写了八页吗 |
[35:44] | Just started flowing. | 突然文思泉涌 |
[35:46] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[35:46] | Could we get a suggestion for The Critic to review? | 你们想让”批评家”评论什么 |
[35:49] | Sushi! | 寿司 |
[35:50] | With a mediocre seaweed | 毫无亮点的海草 |
[35:51] | and uninspired soy sauce, | 和平平无奇的酱油 |
[35:54] | it reeks of promise unfulfilled. | 让人觉得很不满意 |
[35:56] | In short, this fish stinks like dead fish. | 简单地说 鱼闻起来就像死鱼 |
[36:05] | Oh, that is so me. | 很像我了 |
[36:07] | You nailed it! | 你做得很好 |
[36:11] | Are there oscars for improv performances? | 有奥斯卡即兴表演奖吗 |
[36:13] | Because I think the Academy needs to consider this! | 我觉得学院应该考虑考虑我 |
[36:19] | Critic Jane definitely isn’t winning any awards. | 批评家简当然没得过奖 |
[36:21] | But you know what? | 但是 |
[36:22] | It made me realize I should go back to a writing class. | 这倒是提醒了我该回去上写作课了 |
[36:26] | The structure, having assignments– that works for me. | 这种方式 有任务去写 对我来说有用 |
[36:29] | And I really need that right now. | 我真的很需要这样 |
[36:31] | I like that idea. | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[36:33] | Right? And look. | 对吧 看看 |
[36:36] | Check plus! | 评价很好哦 |
[36:37] | This is going on the fridge. | 我要把这个贴到冰箱上 |
[36:41] | Or… in your drawer? | 或者放进你的抽屉里吗 |
[36:45] | There. See? | 又这样 |
[36:46] | Every time I bring it up, you do that. | 每次我提到这个你都这样 |
[36:48] | – What? – Look away. | -什么 -看向别处 |
[36:51] | Look, I’m not trying to get you to move in with me. | 我没想劝你搬来和我一起住 |
[36:53] | I just want you to feel… at home. | 我就是希望你能把这里当成家 |
[36:57] | I do feel at home. | 我确实把这里当成家了 |
[36:59] | Then what’s the problem? | 那还有什么问题吗 |
[37:01] | The problem is… | 问题是 |
[37:04] | Just say it. | 说吧 |
[37:06] | The problem is… | 问题是 |
[37:08] | everything feels exactly right. | 一切都感觉太对了 |
[37:12] | Just like you said. | 正如你说的 |
[37:13] | It feels like things are falling into place, | 就好像一切归位 |
[37:15] | and I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. | 我就该是现在这样 |
[37:19] | And because of our history, with Michael… | 因为我们的过往 还有迈克尔 |
[37:26] | I don’t want him to feel like just a step | 我不想让他觉得自己 |
[37:28] | on my path back to you. | 只是和你在一起之前的垫脚石 |
[37:31] | I don’t want this to negate what we had, you know? | 我不想抹煞我和他的故事 你明白吗 |
[37:36] | I don’t think it does. | 我不觉得你需要这么做 |
[37:38] | I think it’s more… | 我觉得这更像是 |
[37:40] | “Yes, and.” | “没错 还有” |
[37:44] | Yes, you and Michael had a beautiful love story. | 没错 你和迈克尔有着美好的爱情 |
[37:49] | And… I hope that we can now have our own. | 不过我希望我们也能书写我们俩的故事 |
[38:02] | I have no notes. That was perfect. | 我无话可说 一切都太完美了 |
[38:06] | My dad. | 我爸爸 |
[38:07] | Of course. | 果然 |
[38:09] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[38:12] | What, now? | 怎么了 现在吗 |
[38:35] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[38:39] | I just got an e-mail. | 我刚收到了电邮 |
[38:42] | Camilla’s not my mother. | 卡米拉不是我妈妈 |
[38:44] | What? | 什么 |
[38:49] | Turns out she was just a nurse | 她只是我出生医院的 |
[38:51] | in the hospital where I was born. | 一名护士 |
[38:53] | The go-between for the hospital and the convent’s orphanage. | 是医院和修道院孤儿院之间的联络人 |
[38:57] | My mom was scared about what would happen | 我妈妈害怕被家人发现 |
[39:00] | if her family found out, | 会有严重后果 |
[39:01] | so Camilla put her name on my birth certificate. | 所以卡米拉在我的出生证明上写了自己 |
[39:05] | Does she know your mom’s name? | 那她知道你妈妈的名字吗 |
[39:09] | I am so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[39:15] | Just… | 只是 |
[39:17] | hard… | 太难了 |
[39:19] | preparing yourself, being ready, | 做好准备 |
[39:22] | letting yourself hope. | 给了自己希望 |
[39:24] | I know, but this is just a setback, right? | 我懂 不过这只是小挫折 对吧 |
[39:28] | You can call the orphanage. | 你可以联系孤儿院 |
[39:30] | Closed a long time ago. | 很早以前就关了 |
[39:32] | The convent then. There must be records. | 那当时的修道院呢 总会有记录的 |
[39:35] | True. | 没错 |
[39:37] | This is a telenovela after all. | 毕竟这是一个肥皂剧 |
[39:39] | Why did my mother have a note pinned on her sweater? | 为什么我妈妈衣服上会钉着纸条 |
[39:41] | – On her sweater?! – Yes. | -衣服上吗 -是啊 |
[39:43] | Just pinned to her like a frickin’ sales tag. | 就像价签一样在她身上 |
[39:46] | She said it was an electrician? | 她说有个电工来过 |
[39:47] | We didn’t call an electrician. | 我们没请电工啊 |
[39:49] | Then who was in my mother’s room? | 那谁来过我妈妈的房间 |
[39:51] | Who left this note? | 谁留的纸条 |
[39:55] | And telenovelas, of course, have twists and turns. | 肥皂剧当然会有反转和转折 |
[40:05] | They’re killing it. | 他们很棒啊 |
[40:14] | They have ups… and downs. | 有起 有落 |
[40:17] | Thanks for returning my call, Sister Mary. | 谢谢您给我回电 玛丽修女 |
[40:20] | I was looking for, records from the orphanage? | 我想找孤儿院的记录 |
[40:24] | They were sold? | 被卖掉了 |
[40:26] | So-Sold to who? | 卖给谁了 |
[40:28] | You’re absolutely sure? | 你确定吗 |
[40:32] | Luisa Alver? | 路易莎·阿尔弗吗 |
[40:33] | And they have gut punches | 他们有时会受到 |
[40:35] | that come out of nowhere. | 不知何处而来的打击 |
[40:38] | Oh, stop it, you guys. | 别说了 各位 |
[40:41] | It hurts when I laugh. | 我一笑就疼 |
[40:44] | And don’t you dare call the judges. | 你可不许联系评委 |
[40:46] | Why? You should have won, even with the fall. | 为什么 你应该赢啊 虽然摔了 |
[40:49] | Okay, wait. An apple juice box toast | 好了各位 让我们以苹果汁代酒 |
[40:51] | to your critically-acclaimed wipeout, huh? | 为你广受好评的失败干一杯吧 |
[40:54] | Salud. | 干杯 |
[40:56] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:57] | – We’re just having a little fun. – Of course. | -我们刚在玩闹而已 -没事 |
[40:59] | It’s good that you came in. | 你来看病是对的 |
[41:01] | You have a broken rib. | 你的肋骨断了一根 |
[41:02] | – Is that serious? – No. | -严重吗 -不 |
[41:04] | Just avoid excessive exertion. | 只要避免过度劳累 |
[41:06] | It should heal up by itself. | 会自愈的 |
[41:07] | Got it. So, can we get out of here? | 明白了 那我们可以出院了吧 |
[41:09] | Actually, there’s something else. | 还有些别的事 |
[41:11] | Could we talk in private? | 我们能单独说吗 |
[41:14] | Well, this is my family. They can stay. | 这都是我的家人 有什么事就说吧 |
[41:18] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[41:20] | We took an X-ray of your chest to check the rib, | 为检查肋骨我们给你拍了胸部X光片 |
[41:22] | and we found something else. | 我们发现了一些东西 |
[41:24] | A lump in your breast. | 你胸部有肿块 |
[41:29] | Like I said– from out of nowhere. | 正如我说过的 不知何处而来的打击 |