时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Friends, we last left our Jane saying goodbye to Michael | 朋友们 我们上一集讲到简和迈克尔告了别 |
[00:03] | and telling Rafael she loved him. Only problem… | 告诉拉斐尔她爱他 唯一的问题是 |
[00:05] | It’s just, it’s too late. | 太晚了 |
[00:07] | I just don’t trust you anymore, Jane. | 我无法再相信你了 简 |
[00:09] | Also too late on the love train? | 还有谁在爱情上明白得太晚了 |
[00:11] | Alba and her ex-boyfriend Jorge. | 阿尔芭和她的前男友乔治 |
[00:13] | See, she married him so he could get his green card. | 她嫁给了他 为了帮他拿到绿卡 |
[00:15] | Only problem: she still loved him. | 唯一的问题是 她还爱他 |
[00:18] | I know, straight out of a telenovela, right? | 我知道 狗血得跟肥皂剧似的 |
[00:20] | Well, imagine this. | 想象一下 |
[00:21] | Rogelio was starring in the American remake | 罗格里奥在美版《桑托斯的激情》中 |
[00:23] | of The Passions of Santos. | 担任主演 |
[00:25] | And they finally shot the pilot. | 他们终于拍好了试播集 |
[00:27] | And Petra? She almost got shot as well. | 还有佩特拉 她也差点被射杀 |
[00:29] | But J.R. saved her. | 但J.R.救了她 |
[00:31] | Who is it? Who did I just shoot? | 是谁 我刚刚朝谁开了枪 |
[00:32] | My ex-husband Milos. | 我的前夫米勒 |
[00:34] | And the happy couple were on the up and up. | 这对情侣间的感情也越来越坚定 |
[00:36] | – Until… – I didn’t e-mail Milos. | -直到 -我没给米勒发邮件 |
[00:38] | It’s right here, Petra, | 就在这 佩特拉 |
[00:39] | how you said you won’t testify against him | 你说你不会指证他 |
[00:41] | if he gives you the hotel. | 只要他给你酒店 |
[00:43] | I didn’t write this. I’m being set up. | 不是我写的 我被陷害了 |
[00:45] | And then this happened. | 然后这一幕发生了 |
[00:46] | Scary man. He was just in our room. | 可怕的人 他刚刚在我们房间里 |
[00:49] | And speaking of scary people, | 说到可怕的人 |
[00:51] | Rose, aka Sin Rostro, was up to no good. | 萝丝 也叫西恩·罗斯特拉 密谋着什么 |
[00:54] | We need to move up the timeline. | 我们得加快进度 |
[00:57] | I live just down the hall, and… | 我就住在走廊尽头 |
[00:58] | Would you like to come in? | 你想进来坐坐吗 |
[01:00] | Poor Luisa. I can’t watch. | 可怜的路易莎 我都看不下去了 |
[01:02] | But you should. So let’s see what happens next. | 但你们应该往下看 看看之后发生什么了吧 |
[01:06] | When Jane Gloriana Villanueva was nine years old, | 当简·格洛瑞娜·维兰纽瓦九岁时 |
[01:10] | she first fell in love with… | 她第一次爱上了 |
[01:12] | reading. | 阅读 |
[01:13] | And because Jane loved love, | 因为简喜欢爱情 |
[01:15] | she also fell in love with… | 她也爱上了 |
[01:17] | historical nonfiction. | 历史作品 |
[01:19] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[01:20] | Come on, guys. You know this by now. | 朋友们 你们现在应该知道了 |
[01:22] | Romance novels. | 爱情小说 |
[01:24] | What are you still doing up? | 你怎么还没睡 |
[01:26] | It’s bedtime. Put the book away. | 睡觉时间到了 把书放下 |
[01:28] | Five more minutes, please? | 再读五分钟 好不好 |
[01:30] | Nicholas is about to propose to Francine. | 尼古拉斯马上要向弗朗辛求婚了 |
[01:32] | He’s been in love with her forever. | 他一直爱着她 |
[01:34] | And finally he won her over. | 最终 他夺回她的芳心 |
[01:37] | You know that’s not really how it works, right? | 你知道现实生活中是不会这样的 对吗 |
[01:40] | But actually, friends, | 其实 朋友们 |
[01:41] | for a long time, | 很久以来 |
[01:42] | that is exactly how it worked for Jane. | 对于简来说 事情就是这样的 |
[01:45] | – With him. – I’m a fighter. | -和他 -我是一个斗士 |
[01:47] | – And him. – I’m proposing. | -还有他 -我在向你求婚 |
[01:51] | And even him. | 甚至他 |
[01:52] | I am crazy about this woman! Yeah. | 我迷上了这个女人 |
[01:54] | And then him again. With a different name. | 然后又是他 只是换了不同的名字 |
[01:57] | I’m coming a-courtin’. | 我是来和你约会的 |
[01:58] | And, yep, him again, too. | 然后 又是他 |
[02:00] | All I want is to put this ring on your finger. | 我只想为你戴上这枚戒指 |
[02:03] | So, yes, friends. | 是的 朋友们 |
[02:04] | Love always came easily to our Jane. | 爱情总是在不经意间降临到简身上 |
[02:09] | That is, until it didn’t. | 直到不再如此 |
[02:18] | I just want to see how Rafael is doing. | 我只想看看拉斐尔怎么样了 |
[02:20] | He’s completely avoiding me. | 他完全在回避我 |
[02:25] | – He is. – I’ll let you be the judge. | -有 -你们来判断吧 |
[02:29] | Where’s your daddy? | 你爸爸呢 |
[02:30] | He said I’m a big boy and can walk to the door myself. | 他说我是大男孩了 可以自己回家 |
[02:40] | Hey there. | 你好啊 |
[02:41] | – Where’s your daddy? – Oh, he’s avoiding you. | -你爸爸呢 -他正躲着你呢 |
[02:46] | It’s so frustrating. | 我好失落 |
[02:48] | How long is this gonna go on? | 这还得持续多久 |
[02:52] | But he’s gonna come around eventually, right? | 但他最终会回心转意的 对吗 |
[02:54] | He has to, right? | 必须的啊 不是吗 |
[02:56] | But this is a telenovela! | 这可是电视剧啊 |
[03:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:14] | Okay. I know. | 好了 我明白了 |
[03:17] | Which brings us… | 我们来到了这一幕 |
[03:18] | Wait. What is Jane doing at Rafael’s? | 等等 简来拉斐尔的家干什么 |
[03:21] | Remember, Jane, boundaries. | 记住 简 界限 |
[03:24] | Well, at least she’s not texting him. | 好吧 至少她没给他发短信 |
[03:28] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[04:00] | I’m so embarrassed. | 我超尴尬 |
[04:01] | I made a complete fool of myself. | 我让自己看起来像个傻子 |
[04:03] | But it’s an impossible situation. | 但这种情况根本不可能 |
[04:04] | I mean, he can’t just | 我是说 他不能就这么 |
[04:05] | – cut me out of his life completely. – I agree… | -把我从他的生活中完全剔除 -我同意 |
[04:07] | We’re co-parents, you know? What if there’s an emergency? | 我们一起照顾孩子 万一有紧急状况呢 |
[04:10] | Well, then… You know, something serious with Mateo. | 比如马特奥可能会出些重大事故 |
[04:11] | We got to be able to communicate. | 我们必须要能够交流 |
[04:12] | Can we communicate? Let me talk. | 我们能先交流吗 让我说 |
[04:16] | He’s a great father. | 他是位很好的父亲 |
[04:18] | I-If there was an emergency, he’d call. | 如果真有紧急状况 他会打电话的 |
[04:21] | Yeah, based on how he’s acting? | 是 基于他现在这个表现吗 |
[04:23] | How can I be sure? | 我怎么能确定 |
[04:24] | Hon, you’re just looking for a hole to crawl through. | 亲爱的 你只是在找个洞钻出来 |
[04:26] | Better than crawling through one of Rafael’s windows. | 总比钻拉斐尔家的某扇窗户要好 |
[04:29] | I really think you should back off for a while. | 我真的觉得你最近应该先后退一步 |
[04:31] | No! Dead? | 不 死了 |
[04:34] | How could that be? | 怎么可能 |
[04:36] | Why, God, why? | 为什么 老天啊 为什么 |
[04:38] | Oh, no. | 别啊 |
[04:39] | Who died? I-Is it your mom? Your dad? | 谁死了 你妈 你爸 |
[04:43] | My pilot. | 我的试播集 |
[04:44] | to be fair, Rogelio has spent much more time with his pilot | 说实话 罗格里奥最近和父母待在一起的时间 |
[04:47] | than with his parents lately. | 确实比和试播集在一起的时间少得多 |
[04:49] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[04:50] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:52] | The network passed. | 电视台说不行 |
[04:53] | It’s crazy… | 真的疯了 |
[04:54] | but I’m going to confront those executives. | 但我要去跟那些高管当面对质 |
[04:56] | And I’m going to give them a piece of my mind. | 我要告诉他们我的一点想法 |
[04:59] | And I’m not going to hold back! | 并且我绝不退缩 |
[05:01] | In telling you how much I respect you | 我非常尊重你们 |
[05:03] | and your opinions, because I do. | 以及你们的观点 因为我确实如此 |
[05:05] | But I just don’t understand why don’t you like | 但我不懂为什么你们不喜欢 |
[05:07] | the future Emmy award-winning masterpiece | 未来能赢得艾美奖的杰作 |
[05:11] | that is The Passions of Steve and Brenda? | 也就是《史蒂夫和布伦达的激情》 |
[05:13] | Look, we loved the idea | 我们很喜欢这个想法 |
[05:14] | of doing a big, broad telenovela. | 去做一部大型肥皂剧 |
[05:17] | But at the end of the day, | 但到头来 |
[05:18] | well, it was a little too conventional, actually. | 这个还是有点太老套了 说实话 |
[05:22] | Let’s make love and then invade Switzerland. | 我们上完床之后就去入侵瑞士 |
[05:28] | They’ve been neutral for far too long. | 他们中立太久了 |
[05:30] | It feels like a puffed-up soap opera. | 就像一出夸张的肥皂剧 |
[05:33] | your point? | 你的意思是 |
[05:34] | In today’s 500-show peak TV world, | 在当今的电视五百强世界中 |
[05:36] | it just doesn’t stand out. | 这剧根本没办法崭露头角 |
[05:38] | Viewers today want something edgy, | 如今的观众想看点前卫作品 |
[05:40] | just a little confusing, | 要有点迷惑 |
[05:41] | shadowy and dark with shocking twists. | 要神秘莫测 黑暗 带点神转折 |
[05:43] | Sci-fi elements are also big. | 科幻元素也很重要 |
[05:44] | Right. And assassins. | 对 还要有刺客 |
[05:47] | Okay. Done. | 行了 结了 |
[05:48] | – What’s done? – All of that. | -什么结了 -这一切 |
[05:50] | I’ll do it. | 我来做 |
[05:51] | I will come back with a new proposal, | 我会带一份新的提案回来 |
[05:52] | with every single one of your ideas incorporated. | 融合你们所有的想法 |
[05:55] | You don’t need to pay me. | 你不需要付我钱 |
[05:56] | Just promise me you’ll read it. | 只要保证你会读就行了 |
[05:57] | Please. | 拜托 |
[05:58] | This is my passion project, as you know. | 这个项目我很有热情 你也知道 |
[06:01] | Look, the-the truth is, there’s one more note | 其实还有一点 |
[06:03] | we haven’t told you. And this one’s, um… | 我们还没告诉你 这一点 |
[06:06] | well, it’s, it’s definitely the biggest. | 绝对是最重要的 |
[06:08] | Whatever it is. I’ll make it so. | 不管是什么 我都会做到的 |
[06:10] | It’s about the stars. | 是关于明星们 |
[06:13] | What about us? | 我们明星怎么了 |
[06:15] | We actually need them to be younger. | 我们需要年轻点的 |
[06:19] | How young are we talking? | 你要多年轻 |
[06:23] | You’re six years old. It’s time to start eating broccoli. | 你六岁了 应该开始吃西兰花了 |
[06:26] | Ugh. Broccoli. | 西兰花 |
[06:27] | If I eat my broccoli, can I have ice cream after? | 如果我吃西兰花 那我之后能吃冰激凌吗 |
[06:29] | Uh, no bargaining. | 不许讨价还价 |
[06:31] | Daddy let me trade. | 爸爸就会让我换 |
[06:33] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[06:35] | How’s your daddy doing? | 你爸爸最近如何 |
[06:36] | Better than me ’cause he doesn’t have to eat broccoli. | 总比我好 他又不用吃西兰花 |
[06:39] | – But I mean, does he seem happy or sad? – Regular. | -他像是开心还是难过呢 -就正常样子 |
[06:45] | Oh. I bet he’ll bring me some ice cream tomorrow | 我打赌明天他去学校的时候 |
[06:46] | when he comes to school. | 会给我带点冰激凌的 |
[06:48] | Oh, he’s coming to school tomorrow? | 他明天会去学校吗 |
[06:49] | For the book fair. | 为了书籍义卖 |
[06:53] | Oh. Good to know. | 很高兴知道这件事 |
[06:54] | Uh-oh. Looks like Jane’s wheels are spinning. | 看上去简有主意了 |
[06:56] | Turn right on Fremont Avenue. | 在弗里蒙特大道右转 |
[07:00] | Make a U-turn. | U型转弯 |
[07:01] | Why would I make a U-turn? | 为什么我要U型转弯 |
[07:02] | Because you need to turn around and go home. | 因为你要掉头回家 |
[07:04] | You have no business driving to Mateo’s school | 你不需要开车去马特奥的学校 |
[07:07] | for the book fair. | 参加书籍义卖 |
[07:08] | I’m serious, Jane. | 我说真的 简 |
[07:09] | You need to take your mom’s advice and back off. | 你需要听听你妈妈的建议 先退一步 |
[07:11] | You’re acting cray. | 你疯了 |
[07:19] | Good. Now head on home. | 很好 现在回家吧 |
[07:24] | Seriously? What are you doing? | 认真的吗 你在做什么 |
[07:27] | Oh, no. You can’t turn me off, sister. You’re stalking him. | 不 你不能把我关了 姐妹 你在跟踪他 |
[07:30] | You need to turn around because you’re steering | 你得掉头 因为你正在驶入 |
[07:32] | into restraining order territory. | 进入限制区域 |
[07:39] | – Hey there. – Hi. Listen, | -你好呀 -嗨 听着 |
[07:40] | I’m at Mateo’s school for the book fair, | 我在马特奥学校参加书展 |
[07:42] | and when I got here, there was a problem. | 当我到这里的时候 有一个问题 |
[07:44] | What kind of problem? | 什么问题 |
[07:45] | He had a meltdown | 他崩溃了 |
[07:46] | and had to be taken out of class. | 不得不被带出教室 |
[07:48] | I think a kid said something mean to him. | 我想一个孩子对他说了什么刻薄的话 |
[07:50] | He was crying, | 他哭了 |
[07:51] | saying that he was a dummy. | 说他是个傻瓜 |
[07:53] | What? | 什么 |
[07:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:55] | I’m gonna talk to the teacher, | 我要和老师谈谈 |
[07:56] | but I just, I wanted to tell you. | 但我只是想告诉你 |
[07:59] | Uh, yeah, you know, um, I happen to be close by, so wait for me. | 对 你知道 我正好在附近 所以等我 |
[08:04] | I-I’ll come by and talk to her, too. | 我也过来和她谈谈 |
[08:05] | Okay, sure. What’s your, uh, ETA? | 好的 当然 你大概多久到 |
[08:07] | Oh, about 30 seconds. | 大约三十秒 |
[08:09] | I’ll be there really soon. | 我很快就到 |
[08:11] | The good news is Mateo calmed down. He’s back in class. | 好消息是马特奥冷静下来了 他回来上课了 |
[08:14] | He told us that Simon called him a dummy | 他告诉我们西蒙叫他笨蛋 |
[08:17] | and said that he was stupid. | 说他很蠢 |
[08:18] | I know, and I spoke with Simon, and that won’t happen again. | 我知道 我和西蒙谈过了 这不会再发生了 |
[08:22] | And I’m also gonna speak to Simon’s parents as well. | 我还要和西蒙的父母谈谈 |
[08:25] | Thank you. Maybe Simon was insecure | 谢谢你 是不是西蒙在学校表现不佳 |
[08:27] | about his performance in school, so he took it out on Mateo? | 所以他把气发泄在马特奥身上 |
[08:30] | Mm, that’s one possibility. | 这是一种可能性 |
[08:32] | But judging by her tone, not the right one. | 但从她的语气来看 不是正确的 |
[08:34] | Look, I actually think this incident | 我真的认为这件事 |
[08:37] | might have stemmed from the fact | 可能源于 |
[08:39] | that Mateo is really struggling with his reading. | 马特奥在阅读上的困难 |
[08:43] | He is quite far behind the rest of the class. | 他远远落后于班上其他同学 |
[08:46] | Mateo’s behind? | 马特奥落后了 |
[08:48] | Wow. Jane really read that situation wrong. | 简真的理解错了 |
[08:53] | Uh, so most of the class is reading by now? | 那么现在大部分同学都在读书了 |
[08:56] | Yes, most are. But there’s nothing to worry about. | 是的 大多数是 但没什么好担心的 |
[09:00] | Most kids eventually catch up. | 大多数孩子最终会赶上的 |
[09:02] | But I like to see a little more letter recognition | 但我希望他能认识更多字母 |
[09:04] | and, uh, you know, a few sight words at this point. | 还有一些常用单词 |
[09:07] | Okay, so what do we do? How can we help? | 好吧 那我们该怎么办 我们能提供什么帮助 |
[09:09] | I wouldn’t pressure him. | 我不会给他压力的 |
[09:10] | Just read a lot to him. | 就多给他读书 |
[09:11] | Play word games. Just engage him. | 玩文字游戏 和他多相处 |
[09:14] | Okay. Got it. | 好的 知道了 |
[09:16] | Yes, absolutely. Thank you. | 是的 当然 谢谢您 |
[09:21] | I had no idea that Mateo was behind. | 我不知道马特奥落后了 |
[09:23] | Me neither. | 我也一样 |
[09:25] | How could we have missed this? | 我们怎么能忽视这个呢 |
[09:26] | Well, things have been a little… crazy. | 事情有点出乎意料了 |
[09:31] | You know, with your husband coming back | 你知道 你丈夫死而复生 |
[09:33] | from the dead and all. | 出现在了所有人面前 |
[09:35] | Look, I’m sorry for creeping around your apartment before. | 我很抱歉之前跑到你公寓去 |
[09:37] | That was… Oh, don’t worry about it. | 那是 别担心 |
[09:39] | We should put it behind us and focus on Mateo. | 我们应该把它抛在脑后 专注于马特奥 |
[09:44] | We’re a good team. We can get him there. | 我们是一个很好的团队 我们可以把他教好的 |
[09:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:49] | Plus, I think it’s better that we know. | 另外 我们知道了更好 |
[09:52] | You’re right. We couldn’t help him if we were in the dark. | 你说得对 如果不知情就没法帮他 |
[09:54] | Although some people prefer being in the dark. | 尽管有些人喜欢待在黑暗中 |
[09:58] | Okay, this is super hot, | 好吧 这太刺激了 |
[10:02] | but I have to ask: | 但我不得不问 |
[10:04] | why are we in a closet? | 为什么我们在壁橱里 |
[10:06] | Yeah. These two came out a while ago. | 是的 这两个出柜有些时间了 |
[10:08] | I got new security cameras, | 我装了新的安全摄像头 |
[10:09] | so, unless you want to give the security guy downstairs | 所以 除非你想给楼下的保安 |
[10:11] | a peep show, this is the only blind spot. | 一场偷窥秀 这是唯一的盲点 |
[10:14] | All right, so you put cameras in your own bedroom? | 好吧 你把摄像头安在自己的卧室里 |
[10:17] | I need to find out which one of Milos’s goons is harassing us, | 我要找出米勒的哪个蠢货在骚扰我们 |
[10:19] | so life can just go back to normal. | 这样才可以回归正常生活 |
[10:22] | Mommy? Where are you? | 妈妈 你在哪 |
[10:25] | Shoot. The girls are back. | 糟糕 女孩们回来了 |
[10:27] | They’re early. I’m sorry. | 她们来早了 我很抱歉 |
[10:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:32] | Hey! Mommy, we missed you. | 嘿 妈妈 我们想你了 |
[10:35] | Can we sleep here tonight? | 今晚我们能睡在这里吗 |
[10:36] | Oh, not yet, girls. You’ll stay with your daddy | 现在不行 姑娘们 你们要暂时和爸爸住一起 |
[10:39] | until we figure out who was out on the balcony. | 直到我们搞清楚是谁在阳台上 |
[10:41] | Can you come, too? | 你也能来吗 |
[10:42] | To your father’s? What for? | 去爸爸家 为什么 |
[10:44] | So the scary man doesn’t get you. | 这样坏人就无法接近你了 |
[10:46] | Oh, no, I’m perfectly safe. | 不 我很安全 |
[10:48] | Look, J.R.’s here. | 看 J.R.来了 |
[10:51] | Girls, say hello. | 姑娘们 打个招呼 |
[10:53] | It’s okay. Um, I think the girls could use | 没关系 我想姑娘们应该 |
[10:55] | some alone time with their mommy. | 和妈妈单独呆一会儿 |
[10:58] | I’ve got some things to do anyway. | 反正我还有事要做 |
[11:00] | Yeah, she couldn’t get out of there fast enough. | 是啊 她好想快点离开那里 |
[11:03] | Slow down, Ma. | 慢点 妈 |
[11:05] | I’m feeling better, but I’m not ready to sprint. | 我感觉好多了 但我还没准备好冲刺 |
[11:08] | Can I just say it’s nice to see Xo on the mend. | 我只想说看到希尔康复很开心 |
[11:13] | Let’s sit for a minute so I can catch my breath. | 我们坐一下吧 让我喘口气 |
[11:19] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[11:39] | Are you guys studying? | 你们在学习吗 |
[11:45] | You also nervous about spending all that time with Jorge? | 你和乔治单独相处也感到紧张是吗 |
[11:57] | I know, right? She is not used to being turned down. | 我知道 她不习惯被拒绝 |
[12:03] | No way. Can’t be. | 不可能 那可不行 |
[12:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:23] | You got this, Mom. | 妈妈 你想明白了 |
[12:27] | I got this. | 我想明白了 |
[12:31] | Again, way too fast. | 又是这样 太快了 |
[12:33] | Again, take your time. | 再来一次 慢慢来 |
[12:35] | But this is so boring. | 但是这好无聊的 |
[12:37] | Well, if you focus we’ll be done sooner. | 如果你集中精神 我们很快就做完了 |
[12:39] | Now, come on, what’s the first letter? “R.” | 来吧 第一个字母是什么 “R” |
[12:42] | Great. Now stretch it out like a rubber band. | 很好 现在像拉橡皮筋一样把音拉长 |
[12:45] | Hey! What was that? | 这是干什么 |
[12:46] | I’m being a black belt. | 我要成为黑带 |
[12:48] | No karate chopping the card. | 不许空手道砍卡片 |
[12:50] | Now, can you stretch it out? | 现在可以拉长音了吗 |
[12:53] | No. | 不可以 |
[12:54] | Okay, I’ll give you a hint. | 我给你一个提示 |
[12:57] | The word rhymes with “Ted.” | 跟”泰德”押韵的词 |
[13:00] | Come on, rhyming is fun. | 来吧 押韵很有趣 |
[13:02] | You like Dr. Seuss, right? | 你喜欢苏斯博士对吧 |
[13:04] | He’s got a black belt in rhyming. | 他可是押韵界的黑带 |
[13:05] | Yes, karate. Hi-yah! | 空手道 嗨咿呀 |
[13:08] | Sorry, but you kind of asked for it, Jane. | 不好意思 简 这可是你自找的 |
[13:10] | Okay, the word is “red.” | 好吧 这个词是”红的” |
[13:12] | Red, Ted, said. | 红的 泰德 说了 |
[13:13] | See how they all rhyme? | 它们都押韵 |
[13:15] | I can’t do it. | 我不会 |
[13:17] | Yes, you can. | 你可以的 |
[13:19] | You just have to believe in yourself | 你要相信自己 |
[13:20] | and keep trying, even if it’s hard. | 就算很难 也要不停地尝试 |
[13:25] | What rhymes with “sit”? | 什么和”坐下”押韵 |
[13:26] | I quit! | 我放弃 |
[13:28] | I thought I could take the network’s notes, | 我以为我可以听电视台的 |
[13:29] | but it’s impossible. | 但是不可能 |
[13:31] | How come he gets to quit? | 为什么他可以放弃 |
[13:32] | He doesn’t. | 他没有啊 |
[13:33] | – I did. – Well, that’s ridiculous. | -我放弃了 -太荒唐了 |
[13:35] | You’re not gonna quit, Dad, | 爸爸 你不能放弃 |
[13:36] | and neither are you, Mateo, | 马特奥 你也是 |
[13:37] | because the Villanueva- de-la-Vega-Solanos | 因为维兰纽瓦·维嘉·索拉诺家族的人 |
[13:39] | aren’t quitters. | 是不会放弃的 |
[13:40] | But what they want is too hard. | 但是他们要的东西太难了 |
[13:43] | Nothing is too hard. | 没有什么是太难的 |
[13:46] | Mateo, I know reading seems hard, | 马特奥 我知道阅读看起来很难 |
[13:47] | but when you learn to do it, | 但是当你学会读时 |
[13:48] | it’s gonna be as fun as karate. | 它就跟空手道一样有意思 |
[13:50] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[13:51] | And, Dad, you’ve worked too hard to give up. | 爸爸 你那么努力 不能就放弃了 |
[13:53] | This isn’t The Passions of Steve and Brenda. | 这不是《史蒂夫和布伦达》的激情 |
[13:55] | This is the passions of Rogelio! | 这是《罗格里奥的激情》 |
[13:57] | You know, as hard as it seems, | 你知道吗 虽然看起来很难 |
[13:59] | we have to rise to the challenge. | 但是我们要迎接挑战 |
[14:01] | Do you really think it’s possible? | 你真的觉得有可能 |
[14:03] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[14:04] | So, will you write the proposal | 那你来给新版的 |
[14:06] | for the new version of Steve and Brenda? Hmm? | 《史蒂夫和布伦达》写计划书好吗 |
[14:09] | One that incorporates all of their notes | 计划书要包含电视台的意见 |
[14:11] | and still stars River and me, | 还要由里弗和我主演 |
[14:13] | and also younger people who think they’re the stars. | 而且要让年轻人觉得他们才是主演 |
[14:17] | Dad, I don’t think I’m the best person for that. | 爸爸 我觉得我不是最佳人选 |
[14:19] | Come on, who’s better than the father-daughter dream team | 拜托 谁能比父女梦之队强 |
[14:23] | who got me a Paloma nomination? | 谁让我拿了金鸽奖提名 |
[14:26] | And no one else would take the job. | 也没有其他人愿意做这件事了 |
[14:28] | What do you say, Jane? Will you do it? | 简 你觉得呢 你愿意写吗 |
[14:33] | You know what, yes. | 好吧 |
[14:35] | As hard as it seems, I will write the proposal, | 虽然看起来很难 我还是会写计划书的 |
[14:37] | because I rise to a challenge. | 因为我勇于迎接挑战 |
[14:39] | This is gonna be great. | 会很好的 |
[14:40] | That’s up for debate. | 那可不一定 |
[15:12] | Nice boundary-respecting, Jane. | 尊重界限 干得好 简 |
[15:24] | Okay, well, that’s just kismet. | 好吧 这就是命中注定 |
[17:16] | I’d say that’s impressive at your age, | 就你的年纪来说 成绩不错 |
[17:19] | even if it’s make-believe. | 虽然是假的 |
[17:27] | Do what, Mom? What’s wrong? | 做什么 妈妈 怎么了 |
[17:35] | You won’t screw up. | 你不会搞砸的 |
[17:45] | Then don’t do it alone. | 那就不要单独和他在一起 |
[17:46] | I’ll help you guys. | 我帮你们 |
[17:48] | And whenever your feelings begin to take over, | 每次你的感情无法控制时 |
[17:49] | just squeeze my hand… okay? | 紧握我的手 好吗 |
[17:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:54] | Together, we are unstoppable. | 我们一起 势不可挡 |
[17:57] | So, here’s what I’m thinking, you know. | 所以我是这样想的 |
[17:58] | The network wants younger leads, | 电视台需要年轻的主角 |
[18:00] | so the obvious solution would be to hire | 最直接的办法就是雇佣 |
[18:01] | the best CGI guys in Hollywood and age me down. | 最厉害的好莱坞特效团队让我变年轻 |
[18:05] | Like Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. | 就像里的布拉德·皮特演的本杰明·巴顿一样 |
[18:12] | River can play my mother. | 里弗可以演我妈妈 |
[18:13] | America’s first mother/son co-presidents. | 美国第一母子联合总统 |
[18:18] | That is definitely an… an idea. | 确实很有想法 |
[18:21] | But, judging by her tone, | 但从她的语气来看 |
[18:22] | not the right one. | 这不是个好想法 |
[18:24] | But you know, since we’re spitballing, | 既然是交流想法 我也说说我的 |
[18:26] | in the book that I’m writing, I go back and forth | 在我的书里 |
[18:29] | between the past and the present, | 我用了过去与现在交叉叙事的写法 |
[18:30] | with younger and older versions of all my characters. | 分别写了年轻和年长的主角 |
[18:33] | Yeah, flashbacks just don’t have the “Wow” Factor. | 闪回的手法可不够新鲜有趣 |
[18:37] | I’m not talking about flashbacks. | 我说的不是闪回 |
[18:39] | I’m talking about multiple timelines. | 我说的是多条时间线 |
[18:41] | You and River can play Steve and Brenda in the present, | 你和里弗可以出演现在的史蒂夫和布伦达 |
[18:43] | and the two younger leads can play you guys in the past. | 年轻演员演过去的你们 |
[18:46] | We’ll cut back and forth between the past and present. | 在过去和现在之间可以多次切换 |
[18:50] | I guess it could work in a novel, | 小说里或许可以 |
[18:52] | but I don’t want this to be a boring book. | 但我可不想这剧变成无聊的书 |
[18:55] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[18:56] | Some taken. | 我有一点点被冒犯了 |
[18:57] | And it’s not gonna be like a boring book. | 这不会让它变成无聊的书 |
[18:59] | It’s gonna be more like that TV show This Is Us. | 更像是电视剧《我们这一天》 |
[19:01] | Oh, I love This Is Us. | 我喜欢《我们这一天》 |
[19:03] | And I’m good friends with Justin Hartley. | 我是贾斯汀·哈特雷的好友 |
[19:08] | You know, I am also a big star, | 我也是巨星 |
[19:10] | so I know how hard it is to go out | 我知道出门在外 |
[19:13] | and constantly get noticed, | 不断被人盯着的感觉有多难受 |
[19:14] | and have people talk to you like they know you. | 还一直有人和你装熟 |
[19:17] | Justin, right? | 贾斯汀 对吧 |
[19:19] | Rogelio De La Vega. | 我是罗格里奥·维嘉 |
[19:20] | Just wanted to say hello, one celebrity to another. | 既然都是名人 我来打个招呼 |
[19:25] | You know, I find a nice, full-body wax in advance | 我发现了一种非常好用的全身蜡 |
[19:30] | really helps a tan soak in. | 有助于晒黑 |
[19:33] | Sugar wax or resin? | 糖蜡还是树脂 |
[19:35] | Maybe Hartley can make a cameo. | 也许哈特雷可以演一个配角 |
[19:37] | Yeah, right. | 好吧 |
[19:38] | Hartley doesn’t do cameos. | 哈特雷不演配角 |
[19:39] | I’m in. Let’s get started on the proposal. | 我加入 从计划书开始吧 |
[19:42] | Oh, actually, I have to be at Raf’s in 15 minutes | 我十五分钟后得到拉斐尔那里 |
[19:44] | for Mateo’s study session. | 一起辅导马特奥学习 |
[19:46] | Why don’t we get together tomorrow night, | 我们明晚见一下 |
[19:47] | and I’ll give you a rough draft? | 我给你一份草稿 如何 |
[19:49] | Okay. Well, go forth. And remember… | 好啊 去吧 记住 |
[19:51] | you’re training the third generation | 你培养的是 |
[19:53] | of De La Vega geniuses. | 维嘉家的第三代天才 |
[19:57] | Ball. | 球 |
[19:59] | Uh, bat. | 是球棒 |
[20:01] | Uh, “T” sounds like “Tuh.” | “真棒”的”棒” |
[20:04] | Mommy. | 妈妈 |
[20:05] | What rhymes with bat? | 什么词和球棒押韵 |
[20:07] | Bat, cat, sat. | 球棒 小猫 坐下 |
[20:09] | – Okay, your turn. – Skip my turn. | -好了 到你了 -饶了我吧 |
[20:11] | No, come on, Mr. Sweetface, you can do it. | 不 别这样 小可爱 你可以的 |
[20:14] | Just one rhyme, and then we’ll take a break, okay? | 说一个押韵词 我们就休息 好吗 |
[20:18] | Heart. | 心脏 |
[20:19] | What other word sounds like heart? | 还有什么词发音和心脏很像 |
[20:22] | Heart… | 心脏… |
[20:24] | Ha-art. | 心 脏 |
[20:28] | Art? | 艺术 |
[20:28] | – Art! Yes! – Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! | -艺术 真棒 -耶耶耶 |
[20:30] | We have a winner! | 冠军出炉了 |
[20:33] | – And fart. – Fart! | -还有放屁 -放屁 |
[20:34] | Yes. Yes! | 没错 太棒了 |
[20:36] | Heart, art, fart. | 心脏 艺术 放屁 |
[20:38] | Farty poopy pants. | 屁屁 便便 裤裤 |
[20:40] | Well, that doesn’t rhyme, but farty party. | 这可不押韵 但屁屁和派对押韵 |
[20:42] | And goopy poopy. | 还有滑腻和便便 |
[20:44] | Penis-teenis. | 丁丁和牙球 |
[20:45] | Not really a word, but it still rhymes. | 算不上一个词 可还挺押韵 |
[20:47] | And now is a good time to take a break. | 是时候放松一会了 |
[20:49] | – Cookie? – Go ahead. | -我能吃饼干吗 -吃吧 |
[20:53] | So, maybe tomorrow we can… grab breakfast. | 或许明天我们可以一起…吃早饭 |
[20:57] | Just, um, us. And talk. | 就我们俩 聊聊天 |
[21:02] | I work the morning shift tomorrow. Can you do lunch? | 我明早要值班 你中午有空吗 |
[21:05] | Can’t. I have to get ready for the open house on Fuller. | 没空 我得准备带人看富勒街的一套房子 |
[21:10] | We’ll find another time. | 我们另找时间吧 |
[21:12] | When, exactly? | 具体什么时候 |
[21:14] | It was January, | 是一月份 |
[21:16] | and I’d been working at the gift shop for three months | 当时我在礼品店已经工作了三个月 |
[21:19] | when Alba walked in. | 然后阿尔芭走了进来 |
[21:26] | In English, Ma. | 说英文 妈 |
[21:29] | Yes. | 好 |
[21:30] | Uh, Mrs. Cohen was a mean old lady, | 科恩夫人是个刻薄的老妇人 |
[21:34] | but Jorge actually got her to smile. | 可乔治居然让她笑了起来 |
[21:38] | You have to hear this. Magical. | 你一定得听听 很神奇的 |
[21:42] | Clearest ocean sound you ever heard. | 一定是你听过最清晰的海声 |
[21:43] | Come on. | 你听听 |
[21:50] | He charmed us both that day. | 那天他把我们俩都迷倒了 |
[21:55] | Good job. | 答得好 |
[21:56] | Jorge, how often are you intimate with your wife? | 乔治 你多久和你的妻子亲热一次 |
[22:03] | Two to three times a week. | 每周两三次 |
[22:05] | – Impressive. – That’s what I said. | -很厉害 -我也这么说 |
[22:09] | Alba, what would you say is Jorge’s greatest flaw? | 阿尔芭 你觉得乔治最大的缺点是什么 |
[22:14] | His pride. | 他的自傲 |
[22:16] | He won’t admit it, | 他不肯承认 |
[22:17] | but last week, he loaded the dishwasher wrong | 可上周 他把洗碗机的盘子放错了 |
[22:21] | and he broke my favorite dish. | 打碎了我最爱的盘子 |
[22:33] | He’s a very prideful man. | 他是个很骄傲的男人 |
[22:35] | Great answer, Ma. Very specific. | 答得真棒 妈 非常到位 |
[22:37] | You guys are really nailing it. | 你们俩应对得很从容嘛 |
[22:39] | Or finger-nailing it. | 或者说手抓得很紧 |
[22:43] | Oh, hey, hon. | 亲爱的 |
[22:44] | We’re just finishing up our study session. | 我们的学习会正要结束 |
[22:46] | How did yours go? | 你那边怎么样 |
[22:47] | Really good, actually. | 实际上 非常好 |
[22:48] | Uh, turns out, flatulence is key to | 到头来 说说”屁”话是让马特奥 |
[22:51] | maintaining Mateo’s interest. Now we know. | 保持兴趣的关键 我们算是明白了 |
[22:57] | And Raf and I are making plans to get together. | 拉斐尔和我准备再见面 |
[23:00] | And it was his idea. | 这还是他的主意 |
[23:04] | That’s really great, but be careful. | 那太好了 但你要小心 |
[23:06] | Oh, I’ve been careful, Ma, my whole life. | 我已经小心了一辈子 妈 |
[23:08] | I don’t want to be careful, I want to be with Rafael. | 我不想再小心下去了 我想和拉斐尔在一起 |
[23:12] | I love him and he loves me, I know it. | 我们深爱彼此 我知道的 |
[23:14] | That doesn’t just go away. | 这份感情不会轻易消散 |
[23:21] | – Stay over tonight? – Plus side of having | -今晚住我这吗 -酒店里有个疯子 |
[23:24] | a psycho on the loose at the hotel? | 就有这个好处 |
[23:25] | The girls are sleeping at their dad’s again, | 姑娘们又睡在她们爸爸家了 |
[23:27] | so maybe come back, or I’ll come to you and then… | 你可以回我这 或者我去你家… |
[23:32] | I-I’ll call you back. | 我一会打给你 |
[23:35] | What language is that? | 那是什么语言 |
[23:36] | Let me check. Oh, it is Czech. | 让我查查 是捷克语 |
[23:39] | Oh, sorry. You don’t speak Czech. | 不好意思 你不会说捷克语 |
[23:44] | Hurry, Petra. | 快 佩特拉 |
[23:46] | Looks like our psycho’s been caught red-handed. | 看起来我们的疯子被逮个正着 |
[23:50] | Or, I guess, red-feathered. | 或者说 这只鸟被逮个正着 |
[23:52] | Call the police, now. | 报警 马上 |
[23:56] | – We’re back! – Oh, my girls, | -我们回来啦 -我的宝贝们 |
[23:59] | I’m so happy you’re home. | 你们回家我真是太高兴了 |
[24:00] | So are we. | 我们也是 |
[24:02] | We missed our silk sheets. | 我们好想念丝绸床单 |
[24:04] | And our lavender bubble baths. | 还有我们的薰衣草泡泡浴 |
[24:07] | Daddy’s isn’t organic. | 爸爸不过有机生活喔 |
[24:12] | So, Pammy the Parrot? | 是穿成鹦鹉的帕米 |
[24:14] | – Really? – Yes, the bird was compromised. | -真的吗 -是的 那只鸟背叛了我们 |
[24:18] | She denies it, but her timecards put her at the hotel | 她否认了 但是发生这些事情时 |
[24:20] | when each of the incidents happened. | 她都在酒店 |
[24:22] | I had her arrested. | 警察把她抓走了 |
[24:23] | I guess you could say she, she clipped her wings. | 你可以说她折断了她的翅膀 |
[24:25] | Put her in a cage, on account of her fowl play… | 因为她的诡计 而把她关起来 |
[24:28] | – Yeah, but enough with the bird. – Noted. | -别说鸟的事情了 -我知道了 |
[24:30] | The point is, the danger is gone, thank God. | 关键是 危险消失了 谢天谢地 |
[24:33] | – On to the next disaster. – Mommy! | -接受下一场灾难吧 -妈咪 |
[24:35] | Can we order room service? | 我们能叫客房服务吗 |
[24:37] | Of course. Whatever you want. | 当然了 随便啦 |
[24:39] | The world is your oyster today. | 今天世界就是你的牡蛎 |
[24:40] | Ooh, oysters. | 牡蛎 |
[24:42] | You know who else loves oysters? J.R. | 你们知道谁还喜欢牡蛎吗 JR |
[24:45] | And she’s coming over for dinner tonight. | 她今晚过来吃饭 |
[24:47] | All right, say goodbye to your daddy. | 跟爸爸说再见 |
[24:49] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[24:56] | I want to spend time with you alone, Jane. | 我想单独和你在一起谈谈 简 |
[24:58] | Just the two of us. | 只有我俩 |
[25:01] | Get back to the telenovela, Jane. | 回到肥皂剧里 简 |
[25:04] | Telenovela, telenovela, telenovela. | 肥皂剧 肥皂剧 肥皂剧 |
[25:31] | Okay, the big epic gesture. | 史诗级的浪漫表态 |
[25:33] | Think, Jane. | 思考 简 |
[25:47] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[25:48] | Jane, my sensational scribe. | 简 我的超凡作家 |
[25:51] | Just wanted to check in and make sure you got my text | 只是看看你有没有收到我的那条 |
[25:53] | about how important the romantic gesture is. | 浪漫表态有多重要的短信 |
[25:55] | Yep, I got it. | 收到了 |
[25:56] | Good. Because it has to be | 很好 因为这件事必须是 |
[25:57] | the thing that changes everything. | 改变一切的事情 |
[25:59] | So think epic. Huge! Monumental. | 所以想想史诗级的伟大的具有纪念意义的事情 |
[26:03] | Understood. | 明白 |
[26:04] | But also make it small and personal. | 也不要忘记了让它短小而具有针对性 |
[26:07] | Huge but small. Got it. | 伟大又短小 明白了 |
[26:08] | Of course you do. | 当然了 |
[26:09] | Now, go forth and write, my talented daughter. | 快去写吧 我的天才女儿 |
[26:12] | Oops. | 糟糕 |
[26:14] | You’re also my talented daughter. | 你也是我的天才女儿 |
[26:16] | Bye, Dad. | 再见 老爸 |
[26:23] | Ah, her own romantic hero. | 她的浪漫英雄 |
[26:26] | Talk about worlds colliding. | 说到世界崩塌 |
[26:53] | And friends, in that moment, | 朋友们 在那一瞬间 |
[26:55] | Jane knew exactly what she had to do. | 简知道了她应该做什么 |
[27:01] | I remembered where you said you hide the keys | 我还记得我帮你打理公寓的时候 |
[27:02] | from when I helped you stage that apartment. | 你说你把钥匙藏起来了 |
[27:04] | I know tomorrow’s open house is a big deal, | 我知道明天的看房很重要 |
[27:06] | so I thought I’d help again. | 所以我再帮帮你好了 |
[27:07] | And I wanted to make a gesture | 我想表明 |
[27:09] | to say I love you, Rafael, so much. | 我很爱很爱你的态度 |
[27:12] | And I want to remind you of what we have, | 我想提醒你我们现在所有的一切 |
[27:14] | and how we can’t just give up on… | 以及我们不能放弃 |
[27:17] | Jane, this is my boss, Garret. | 简 这是我的老板加勒特 |
[27:24] | Our clients weren’t available tomorrow, | 我们的客户明天没时间 |
[27:26] | so we’re showing them the property today. | 所以今天带他们看房子 |
[27:29] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. Let me just get out of your hair. | 天啊 对不起 那我就不打扰你了 |
[27:31] | Do you have romantic dates in all the houses | 我们要卖的房子里 |
[27:33] | we’re trying to sell? | 都有这样的浪漫约会吗 |
[27:35] | No, sir, I-I promise that I would… | 没有 我保证我会 |
[27:36] | You and your girlfriend need to leave. I’ll take it from here. | 你和你女朋友需要离开 我从现在接管了 |
[27:43] | – I am so sorry. – What the hell were you thinking? | -真的很对不起 -你到底在想什么 |
[27:45] | I thought that you were gonna be alone, | 我以为你会是自己一个人 |
[27:46] | and I just wanted to make a grand romantic gesture | 我只是想表达浪漫的情意 |
[27:48] | – because there was an opening. – What opening? | -因为机会来了 -什么机会 |
[27:51] | Well, we were texting, | 我们在发短信 |
[27:52] | and you invited me out alone. | 你要请我单独出去 |
[27:54] | Because I wanted to talk about Mateo without him overhearing. | 因为我想谈谈马特奥的事情 不想让他听见 |
[27:57] | Guess Mateo isn’t the only one | 看来最近理解错误的 |
[27:59] | reading things wrong these days. | 不只是马特奥啊 |
[28:00] | I’m so sorry. I misunderstood. | 对不起 我理解错了 |
[28:02] | I-I’ll fix this. | 我会想办法弥补的 |
[28:03] | – What’s your boss’s name? – Stop, stop, stop. | -你老板叫什么 -停 |
[28:05] | It’s not for you to fix. | 不用你管 |
[28:06] | Maybe I wasn’t clear before, | 也许我之前说的不清楚 |
[28:07] | but let me be perfectly clear now: | 那我现在再说清楚吧 |
[28:10] | breakfast was never supposed to be a date. | 早餐从来都不应该是约会 |
[28:12] | And today? I was just trying to do my job. | 今天 我只是在努力完成我的工作 |
[28:14] | And when I said that we’re a team, | 我说我们是一个队伍的时候 |
[28:15] | I didn’t mean romantically. | 我没有浪漫爱情的意思 |
[28:17] | I am trying to be a good co-parent. | 我在努力的成为一名好家长 |
[28:19] | But you and I? | 但是你和我 |
[28:21] | Jane, we are through. | 简 我们之间结束了 |
[28:22] | So you need to move on. | 所以你需要继续生活 |
[28:30] | We last left Jane having made an epic gesture, | 上次 我们的简做出了史诗级的表态 |
[28:32] | which turned out to be an epic failure. | 但结果却变成了史诗级的灾难 |
[28:35] | Just mortifying, for both of us. | 对于我俩来说 真是令人悔恨啊 |
[28:39] | Oh, I feel horrible. I don’t know what to do, Mom. | 感觉好可怕 我不知道该做什么了 妈妈 |
[28:41] | Well, you don’t really have a choice. | 你并没有什么选择 |
[28:43] | Leave him alone. | 别管他了 |
[28:45] | But I love him. | 但我爱他 |
[28:47] | And he’s making a mistake. | 而他是在犯错 |
[28:48] | Can you even hear yourself? Just because you love someone | 你知道自己说了什么吗 你爱上一个人 |
[28:52] | doesn’t mean you get to have them. | 并不意味着你就可以得到他 |
[28:53] | Imagine if the roles were reversed | 换位思考一下 |
[28:55] | and you were a man acting like this. | 如果你是这样的男人 |
[28:57] | Ooh, yes, let’s. | 对哦 试试吧 |
[29:11] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[29:13] | I just wanted to say hi! | 我只是想打个招呼 |
[29:15] | Maybe a quick peek? | 能就看一眼吗 |
[29:18] | I’m never giving up! | 我是不会放弃的 |
[29:20] | Yeah, okay. I-I guess when you put it that way, | 好吧 我觉得要是按照你说的来 |
[29:22] | – I was a little… – Creepy? | -我会有点… -吓人 |
[29:24] | Overbearing. | 傲慢 |
[29:26] | I know how hard it is, | 我知道这有多难 |
[29:28] | but you can’t force someone to feel something they don’t. | 但你不能强迫他人去感受他们感受不到的东西 |
[29:33] | I just don’t believe, in my heart, that it’s over. | 我只是心里不愿相信 这一切都结束了 |
[29:36] | You don’t have to believe it, but you have to accept it. | 你不必相信 但得接受事实 |
[29:42] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[29:44] | I’ll leave him alone. | 我不去烦他了 |
[29:51] | Alba | 阿尔芭 |
[30:12] | Okay, friends, let’s do this. | 好的朋友们 现在开始吧 |
[30:15] | All right. Tell me about your husband’s family. | 好的 跟我聊聊你丈夫的家庭吧 |
[30:18] | Well, uh, he has an older sister, | 他有个姐姐 |
[30:21] | and he’s very close with… | 而且和他关系很亲近的是… |
[30:23] | God. He’s always been a big presence in my wife’s life. | 老天 他一直是我妻子生命中的重要角色 |
[30:27] | She loves… | 她喜欢… |
[30:28] | Spicy cheese puffs. | 辣奶酪泡芙 |
[30:30] | I think they are disgusting, but Jorge can’t get enough of them. | 我觉得这东西很恶心 但乔治怎么都吃不够 |
[30:35] | I don’t think there’s anyone else… | 我觉得没有其他人… |
[30:38] | Who I could work with all day, | 是一个能和我整天一起工作 |
[30:40] | and live with, | 一起生活的人 |
[30:43] | and still feel like I never have enough time with. | 感觉和她在一起的时间怎么都不够用 |
[30:47] | And she can read me so well. | 而她很能读懂我的内心 |
[30:49] | She’s not afraid to call me out on my stubbornness, | 她不怕批评我的固执 |
[30:52] | like when I load the dishwasher wrong | 比如当我把洗碗机装错了 |
[30:55] | and won’t admit it. | 还不承认的时候 |
[30:57] | And she’s the most generous person I know. | 她是我认识的最慷慨的人 |
[31:00] | She always puts her feelings aside, | 她总是抛开自己的感受 |
[31:03] | even when other people are just being prideful. | 哪怕别人十分的高傲 |
[31:06] | I never imagined | 我从未想像过 |
[31:09] | I would be lucky enough to have a wife like her. | 我会如此幸运地有一位像她一样的妻子 |
[31:16] | I cannot wait to read what you wrote. | 我等不及要看你写的东西了 |
[31:19] | Should I be prepared to have my mind blown, | 我应该做好会大吃一惊 |
[31:21] | my socks knocked off? | 或是会叹为观止的思想准备吗 |
[31:24] | Both! Should I read the proposal aloud | 都有 我应该大声宣读这个计划 |
[31:26] | to maximize dramatic impact? | 以发挥最夸张的影响吗 |
[31:28] | I do a great Brenda. | 我很会演布伦达的 |
[31:31] | Actually, I haven’t written it yet. | 实际上 我还没写呢 |
[31:34] | What? | 什么 |
[31:35] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:36] | It’s just been a crazy day. | 只是今天的事太令人抓狂了 |
[31:39] | What happened? I thought you were writing. | 发生什么了 我还以为你在写呢 |
[31:41] | I was. But then I decided to make a grand gesture to Rafael | 我有写 但后来我决定向拉斐尔证明我爱他 |
[31:44] | which went horribly wrong. | 这事彻底乱套了 |
[31:46] | So you just blew it off? | 所以你就鸽了 |
[31:49] | I’m so sorry. I’ll write it by tomorrow, I promise. | 我很抱歉 我保证明天之前就写好 |
[31:51] | Jane, this show is everything to me. | 简 这个节目就是我的一切 |
[31:54] | My entire American career is riding on it. | 我在美国的整个职业生涯就靠它 |
[31:57] | The passions of Rogelio. | 罗格里奥的激情 |
[31:59] | That’s what you said. | 你就是这么说的 |
[32:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:02] | I’m so sorry, Dad. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[32:05] | I’m just really disappointed. | 我真的很失望 |
[32:10] | I feel bad. | 我挺难过的 |
[32:11] | I wish we could go out to eat, | 我希望我们能出去吃 |
[32:13] | but I don’t want to be too far from the girls. | 但我不想离女儿们太远 |
[32:14] | No, it’s understandable. | 不 这是可以理解的 |
[32:16] | It’s not like we’re slumming it here. | 这并不像我们在这混日子 |
[32:19] | I’m just glad we can finally get back to normal. | 我很高兴我们终于又恢复常态了 |
[32:22] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[32:28] | – Oh, my God. Get down! Gun! – What? | -老天 卧倒 枪 -什么 |
[32:30] | – What?! – I got to get to the girls. | -怎么了 -我得去看看女儿们 |
[32:35] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[32:42] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:43] | Mrs. Solano? There’s something you should see. | 索拉诺夫人 有个东西您得看看 |
[32:45] | Yes. There’s a sniper. | 是的 这有个狙击手 |
[32:47] | Did you see them on your cameras? Who is it? | 你在监控上看到他们了吗 是谁 |
[32:49] | This is from one of the new cameras on your balcony. | 这是从你阳台上一个新监控头拍到的 |
[32:58] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[33:02] | It was my daughters? | 是我女儿吗 |
[33:06] | I want you to know I am not angry. | 我要你们知道我没有生气 |
[33:08] | I just need to know what happened, okay? | 我只想知道发生了什么 好吗 |
[33:12] | We wanted you and J.R. To break up. | 我们希望你跟JR分手 |
[33:15] | So you pointed a laser at her head? | 所以你们就用激光射她的头吗 |
[33:17] | We were trying to scare her away. | 我们想把她吓跑 |
[33:22] | What about the scary person you saw in your room? | 你们在房间里看到的那个可怕的人呢 |
[33:24] | That was us. | 那是我们自己 |
[33:26] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[33:27] | We sent fake e-mails from you to Milos. | 我们用你的邮箱给米勒发了仿造的邮件 |
[33:30] | Why would you do all this? | 你们为什么要做这些事 |
[33:32] | To save you from her. | 为了把你从她那里解救出来 |
[33:33] | Who? J.R.? | 谁 JR吗 |
[33:35] | She’s a bad guy, Mommy. | 她是个坏人 妈妈 |
[33:37] | We do gun drills in school in case bad guys come in. | 我们在学校有枪袭演习 以防坏人进来 |
[33:41] | And we saw her with a gun. | 我们看到她拿着把枪 |
[33:43] | And that guy all bloody. | 那个人浑身是血 |
[33:50] | You weren’t asleep? You saw that? | 不是做梦吗 你们真的看见了 |
[33:52] | Looks like we all read the situation wrong. | 看来我们都误解了情况 |
[33:57] | Oh, girls. | 孩子们 |
[33:59] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[34:00] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[34:01] | I really messed up. | 我真的搞砸了 |
[34:03] | And I hate the idea that my terrible judgment | 我不愿因为我糟糕的判断 |
[34:06] | screwed things up for you professionally. | 而搞砸了你的工作 |
[34:09] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:12] | And if you’ll give me a chance, | 如果你能再给我一次机会 |
[34:13] | I promise I’ll make it up to you. | 我发誓我一定会补偿你的 |
[34:15] | Starting with this. | 先从这个开始 |
[34:19] | It’s my Ro-morse basket. | 这是我的懊悔篮子 |
[34:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:34] | I really appreciate this. | 我真的很喜欢这个 |
[34:36] | Consider yourself forgiven. | 原谅自己吧 |
[34:37] | You can make me work a bit harder, I deserve it. | 你能让我更努力地工作 我活该的 |
[34:40] | Well, you feel bad enough. | 你已经足够内疚了 |
[34:41] | Plus, you made a perfect Ro-morse basket | 而且 你这个懊悔篮子做的非常完美 |
[34:44] | without the help of a props department. | 没有道具部的帮忙 |
[34:46] | I know how hard that is. | 我知道很难完成 |
[34:48] | Well, can we please get back to work on the proposal? | 我们能重新开始改计划书吗 |
[34:50] | I have some ideas. | 我有些想法 |
[34:51] | – I would love that. – Great. | -非常乐意 -很好 |
[34:53] | First of all, I really think the story should be | 首先 我觉得这个故事 |
[34:55] | just as romantic for the old people | 不仅要让老人觉得浪漫 |
[34:57] | as it is for the young. | 年轻人也要觉得很浪漫 |
[34:58] | Speaking of romantic old people… | 提到浪漫的老年人 |
[35:04] | Actually, I’m sorry. | 其实 我很抱歉 |
[35:05] | But can we just stop referring to them as old people? | 但我们能不要把他们称为老年人嘛 |
[35:08] | How about “Slightly less young people”? | 没那么年轻的人们 怎么样 |
[35:11] | Note taken. | 记下了 |
[35:12] | Now back to our slightly less young people. | 回到这些没那么年轻的人们身上 |
[35:42] | Twice. | 两次 |
[36:00] | Looks like Alba was reading Jorge right all along. | 好像阿尔芭一直都没看错乔治 |
[36:12] | those slightly less young people really are romantic. | 这些没那么年轻的人真的很浪漫 |
[36:16] | I like it. | 我喜欢这个 |
[36:18] | Oh. Whatcha doing? | 你在干什么 |
[36:20] | Practicing for my belt test. | 为我的空手道考试做准备 |
[36:21] | I’m the best. Where’s Daddy? | 我是最棒的 爸爸呢 |
[36:24] | Oh, he’ll be here soon, Mr. Sweetface. | 他很快就来 笑眯眯先生 |
[36:27] | Actually, I should text Raf. | 其实 我应该给拉斐尔发个短信 |
[36:29] | Make sure he picks up Mateo here instead of Abuela’s. | 确保他来这里接马特奥 而不是外婆家 |
[36:32] | Do you think that’s a good idea? | 你觉得这是个好主意吗 |
[36:34] | It’s a legit parenting issue. | 这是合法的抚养义务 |
[36:35] | I promise. | 我发誓 |
[36:36] | I’m not just looking for a reason to text him. | 我不是想找个理由给他发短信 |
[36:39] | Okay, but this time allow me | 好吧 但是这次 |
[36:40] | to assist you with your writing assignment. | 让我帮你想短信内容 |
[36:42] | The text must be informative | 这个短信一定要包含要说的信息 |
[36:44] | and not overbearing. | 还不能太专横 |
[36:46] | Which I think we can all agree | 我想我们都觉得 |
[36:48] | is another word for “Creepy.” | 也不能太离奇 |
[36:59] | Another emoji. | 还有一个表情 |
[37:01] | Even after what happened. | 即便发生了那种事 |
[37:02] | Okay, I rarely say this, but less is more. | 好了 我很少这么说 但是越少越好 |
[37:09] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:11] | I just keep thinking if I’d done things differently… | 我只是不停地想 如果当初我没这么做的话 |
[37:14] | Well, you can’t change the past. | 你无法改变过去 |
[37:16] | You can only move forward into the future. | 你只能向前看 |
[37:19] | And who knows what that will look like. | 谁知道未来会发生什么 |
[37:21] | That’s it. The future. | 就是这一点 未来 |
[37:23] | I know, it’s full of possibility. | 我知道 充满了无限可能 |
[37:24] | And it’s how we make the slightly less young people more intriguing. | 这样我们就能让没那么年轻的人变得更有意思 |
[37:27] | What if our young leads’ story | 如果我们让年轻人的故事 |
[37:29] | is in present day and you and River | 发生在现在 然后让你和里弗 |
[37:31] | – are living in the future? – I like it, | -活在未来 -我喜欢这个想法 |
[37:33] | but is it big enough? | 但是这个布局够大吗 |
[37:34] | Let me finish. In the future, | 让我说完 在未来 |
[37:36] | in outer space. | 在外太空 |
[37:37] | On Mars! | 在火星上 |
[37:40] | It’s brilliant. | 这个想法棒极了 |
[37:41] | And also just a little confusing. | 也有点令人费解 |
[37:43] | Perfect. We can call it… | 很棒 我们可以叫 |
[37:45] | This Is Mars. | “这是火星” |
[37:49] | I have to call Justin Hartley immediately. | 我得现在就去给贾斯丁·哈特利打电话 |
[37:51] | Also feeling triumphant? | 这里感觉也很开心 |
[37:53] | I’ve never seen a man so smitten. | 我从没见过有人这么爱你 |
[37:56] | Jorge barely took his eyes off you all afternoon. | 整个下午乔治的眼睛几乎就没有离开你 |
[38:12] | Oh, did you tuck Mateo in? | 你给马特奥掖好被子了吗 |
[38:14] | He rhymed two more words. | 他用韵脚多说了两个词 |
[38:16] | They both rhyme with “Tush” But still progress, right? | 都和”屁屁”同韵 但还是进步了 对吧 |
[38:22] | Ugh, it’s just… | 只是 |
[38:24] | of all the things Mateo could struggle with. | 马特奥什么事上遭遇困难不好 |
[38:27] | The fact that it’s reading is really hard for me. | 偏偏不能阅读 我不太能接受这点 |
[38:31] | I’m a writer, you know? | 我是一名作家 |
[38:33] | I wanted him to love it. | 我想让他爱上阅读 |
[38:55] | Oh, Ma… | 妈妈… |
[39:15] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:17] | You are just making me so emotional. | 你让我情绪都上来了 |
[39:21] | Speaking of emotional mothers… | 说到情绪激动的母亲 |
[39:23] | They saw everything. | 他们什么都看到了 |
[39:25] | I can’t believe it. Of course the girls are terrified of me. | 难以置信 难怪姑娘们害怕我 |
[39:29] | And you had that poor parrot arrested. | 而且你那只鹦鹉还被捕了 |
[39:31] | The bird’s been set free. | 她已经被放出来了 |
[39:33] | Turns out she was learning Czech so she could | 她只是在学捷克语 这样她才能在 |
[39:34] | connect with the girls better when they were at the Kids Club. | 孩子俱乐部同姑娘们更好地交流 |
[39:41] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[39:43] | What’s wrong? | 你怎么了 |
[39:45] | I love you, J.R. | 我爱你 J.R. |
[39:48] | But my children are my priority. | 但是我的孩子是我的第一顺位 |
[39:50] | – Of course. – And right now, they’re traumatized. | -当然 -现在 她们受到了创伤 |
[39:54] | And they’re scared to be around you. | 她们现在不敢待在你的周围 |
[39:57] | Which is why I need to end things. | 所以我得和你分手了 |
[40:00] | I know this isn’t fair. | 我知道这不公平 |
[40:01] | – None of this is your fault. – No, it is my fault, actually. | -完全不是你的错 -不 是我的错 |
[40:05] | Since we got back together, I haven’t been | 我们复合以后 我从没 |
[40:07] | putting in any effort with the twins. | 关注过双胞胎 |
[40:10] | I mean, the parrot has been trying harder to bond with them. | 鹦鹉都一直在尝试融入她们 |
[40:14] | Let me try, at least. | 至少 让我试一下 |
[40:16] | – It might not work. – I know. | -这可能没用 -我知道 |
[40:18] | But you fought for us. | 但是你为我们两努力过了 |
[40:19] | Time and time again. | 一次又一次 |
[40:22] | Now it’s my turn; | 现在 轮到我了 |
[40:23] | let me show the girls I am not a bad guy. | 让我告诉姑娘们 我不是坏人 |
[40:26] | I want that more than anything. | 我最想要的就是这点 |
[40:28] | But I have to be a mother first. | 但是首先 我要先履行一个母亲的责任 |
[40:30] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[40:32] | And if it seems like i am hurting the girls | 如果我发现自己正在伤害姑娘们 |
[40:34] | in any way, | 不管以什么方式 |
[40:35] | I’ll walk away. | 我都会离开 |
[40:39] | So, J.R. And I are working it out. | 所以 J.R.和我正在想办法 |
[40:41] | But we need to consider therapy for the girls. | 但是我们得为姑娘们想个治疗的办法 |
[40:43] | To really… address the trauma. | 去真正… 消除这个创伤 |
[40:46] | Of course. I agree. | 当然 我同意 |
[40:48] | Geez. How many stalkers does this lady have? | 天啊 到底有多少人在跟踪这位女士 |
[40:53] | Thank you for being so supportive. | 谢谢你这么支持我 |
[40:57] | Oh, no. It’s his stalker. | 不 这个人在跟踪他 |
[41:00] | Please don’t be Jane. Anybody but Jane. | 求别是简 谁都可以 别是简 |
[41:05] | Hey, my favorite person in the world. Are you almost home? | 世界上我最爱的人 你快到家了吗 |
[41:07] | Ugh, no, still at the laundromat. | 没有 我还在洗衣店 |
[41:10] | He definitely has some dirty laundry. | 他的衣服确实挺脏的[见不得人的事] |
[41:12] | Just folding that tank top you got me. | 正在叠你给我买的那件棉背心 |
[41:14] | Love it, girl. | 好喜欢这件衣服 亲爱的 |
[41:16] | Hey. Have you thought any more about asking Rafael? | 你有别的想要问拉斐尔的吗 |
[41:18] | If I can meet the kids? I don’t know. | 我能见到孩子们吗 我不知道 |
[41:21] | I want to, but we have such a rocky history. | 我想见孩子们 但是我们之前那么不愉快 |
[41:23] | Girl, don’t doubt yourself. | 亲爱的 别怀疑自己 |
[41:25] | You are sober as a judge. We go to yoga every day. | 你像个严肃的法官 我们每天都去练瑜伽 |
[41:28] | You are ready to be a loving aunt to your nieces and nephew. | 你会对自己的侄子侄女很好的 |
[41:32] | You’re right. I’m gonna call him. | 你说得对 我会给他打电话的 |
[41:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:35] | Oh, shoot. Got to go; laundry’s done. | 糟糕 我得走了 衣服洗好了 |