时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Ah, friends, we last left our Jane facing rejection. | 朋友们 上一集说到简惨遭拒绝 |
[00:04] | I’m sorry. It’s just, it’s too late. | 对不起 太迟了 |
[00:07] | But while Jane’s love life was sinking, | 虽然简的爱情小船沉没了 |
[00:09] | her career was on the rise. | 但她的事业巨轮起航了 |
[00:11] | I am a published freaking author. | 我是个知名作家 |
[00:14] | And she just started working with her father. | 她开始与父亲合作 |
[00:16] | What if our young lead’s story is in present day | 年轻主角生活在现在 |
[00:19] | and you and River are living in the future? | 你和里弗生活在未来怎么样 |
[00:21] | In outer space. | 你们生活在外太空 |
[00:22] | We can call it This Is Mars. | 题目就叫《这是火星》 |
[00:26] | And speaking of crazy plot twists, | 说到疯狂的情节 |
[00:28] | someone was out to get J.R. | 有人正对J.R.势在必得 |
[00:30] | Get down! Gun! What? What?! | 趴下 有枪 什么? |
[00:31] | But it turns out that trouble was a little closer to home. | 结果却是家里人搞的鬼 |
[00:35] | Oh, my God. It was my daughters? | 天啊 那是我女儿们干的 |
[00:37] | But Petra and J.R. decided to work through it. | 但佩特拉和J.R.决定共度难关 |
[00:39] | Let me show the girls I am not a bad guy. | 让我向她们展示 我不是个坏人 |
[00:41] | Also giving things another shot, | 让爱重燃的人 |
[00:43] | Jorge and Alba. | 还有乔治和阿尔芭 |
[00:45] | I know. Straight out of a telenovela, right? | 真是肥皂剧的经典桥段啊 |
[00:48] | So let’s get back to ours. | 我们继续讲我们的故事吧 |
[00:51] | When Jane Gloriana Villanueva | 简·格洛瑞娜·维兰纽瓦 |
[00:52] | was 11 years, nine months and two weeks old, | 11岁9个月2周大的时候 |
[00:56] | she was determined to win a statewide essay writing contest. | 她下定决心要赢得全州写作大赛 |
[01:03] | and to get her picture in the newspaper. | 并将照片登上报纸 |
[01:05] | And, well, she got it all. | 她做到了 |
[01:07] | We are so proud of you, Janie. | 我们真为你骄傲 简 |
[01:10] | But it turns out, | 但是 |
[01:12] | that wasn’t all Jane wanted. | 简并非只想获得冠军 |
[01:15] | Why did you throw the paper out? | 你怎么把这张报纸扔了 |
[01:18] | I didn’t even care about the contest. | 我根本不在乎这个比赛 |
[01:20] | What? | 什么 |
[01:21] | I thought if I got my picture in the paper, | 我以为报上登了我的照片 |
[01:24] | maybe my dad would want to meet me. | 我爸爸就可能会想见我 |
[01:26] | But it’s been a month, so… | 但已经过去一个月了 |
[01:29] | Yes, friends, she wanted her father. | 没错 朋友们 她想找父亲 |
[01:32] | And, boy, did she find him. | 她确实找到了 |
[01:34] | I know. Now they’re even wearing coordinating outfits. | 现在都穿上父女装了 |
[01:40] | Not her idea. | 不是她的主意 |
[01:42] | And now, Jane will blast us off | 接下来就由简震撼公布 |
[01:44] | into the pilot story of This Is Mars. | 《这是火星》试播集的故事 |
[01:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:52] | Okay. Uh, so, just like This Is Us, | 与《我们的生活》一样 |
[01:56] | our show will straddle two timelines, only one timeline | 这部剧将有两条时间线 其中一条 |
[01:59] | takes place 200 years in the future. | 发生在二百年后的未来 |
[02:04] | A dys– A dystopian future, | 一个反乌托邦式的未来 |
[02:06] | where humankind’s only hope for survival | 那时的人们 仅存的生存希望 |
[02:09] | depends on colonizing Mars. | 只剩下殖民火星 |
[02:11] | And there’s only one man and one woman for the job. | 派出的人只有一男一女 |
[02:14] | And one Mars year later, or 1.88 Earth years later, | 经过一火星年 或是1.88地球年 |
[02:19] | Steve becomes the first president of the new colony. | 史蒂夫成为了新殖民地的第一任总统 |
[02:22] | The show will explore the mystery | 这部剧将探索为何 |
[02:24] | of how Earth became uninhabitable. | 地球不再适宜居住 |
[02:26] | And how did Steve get that tail?! | 为何史蒂夫长了尾巴 |
[02:28] | At its heart, this is a love story. | 它的核心是一个爱情故事 |
[02:30] | And Steve and Brenda’s love, | 史蒂夫和布伦达之间的爱 |
[02:32] | which spans decades and traverses planets, | 跨越时间和星际 |
[02:35] | is the strongest gravity in the universe. | 是全宇宙最强的引力 |
[02:38] | And that is This Is Mars. | 这就是《这是火星》 |
[02:52] | Oh, no. What happened? | 不 怎么了 |
[02:58] | We sold it! | 卖出去了 |
[03:05] | I’m so proud of you two! | 真为你们骄傲 |
[03:07] | Well, we would’ve been here 30 minutes ago, | 我们本该30分钟前就到家了 |
[03:08] | but Dad made me learn that dance. | 但是爸爸非得让我学这段舞 |
[03:18] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[03:20] | You stuck with your dream and you did it. | 你坚持梦想并且成功了 |
[03:23] | Jane did it. | 简成功了 |
[03:24] | I’m just lucky I get to say | 我只是有幸能有机会 |
[03:25] | my amazingly talented writer-daughter’s lines. | 说出我天才编剧女儿的台词而已 |
[03:30] | What’s wrong, amazingly talented writer-daughter? | 天才编剧女儿 你怎么了 |
[03:33] | Nothing. I-I just wanted to call Rafael and tell him, | 没什么 我只是想告诉拉斐尔 |
[03:36] | and I remembered I can’t. | 却想起来我做不到 |
[03:39] | Anyway, it’ll get easier with time, | 时间和空间 |
[03:41] | and some space. | 会抚平一切 |
[03:43] | – But the pitch was just step one. – Yes, yes. | -提议只是第一步 -是的 是的 |
[03:45] | We still have to get River on board. | 我们还需要让里弗加入 |
[03:57] | This is it, people. | 就是这样 各位 |
[03:59] | Third time’s a charm. | 毕竟事不过三嘛 |
[04:12] | Aw, one for every time he asked. | 问了这么多次 她终于答应了 |
[04:16] | Your love story may not traverse planets, | 你们的爱情故事也许不能穿越星际 |
[04:18] | but it sends our hearts soaring to the moon. | 但它让我们的心飞向了月球[让我们很高兴] |
[04:21] | Do you feel the vibrations? | 你感觉到共鸣了吗 |
[04:23] | Yeah. | 感觉到了 |
[04:24] | Yeah, it’s good now. | 是 现在这样很好 |
[04:25] | It’s all saged and vibrating. | 房间弥漫着鼠尾草味 充满共鸣 |
[04:29] | Great. | 很好 |
[04:31] | And have you been using the crystals to set your intentions? | 你有用水晶来决定你的想法吗 |
[04:34] | Because they can really, | 因为它们真的能 |
[04:35] | really give you what you need energetically. | 真的能给你所需要的精力 |
[04:37] | Yeah. Totally. | 是啊 可不是吗 |
[04:39] | You think this is all crazy, right? | 你觉得这些都是胡言乱语 是吧 |
[04:41] | Yeah. Totally. | 是啊 可不是吗 |
[04:44] | But, still, I appreciate your intentions. | 但你这份好意我心领了 |
[04:47] | Well, I just– | 我只是 |
[04:50] | I know how hard this breakup with Jane has been, | 我知道你跟简分手的这件事有多艰难 |
[04:52] | and I… I wanted to help. | 我 我想帮忙 |
[04:55] | I’m feeling better, | 我现在感觉好些了 |
[04:57] | and it’s been really nice to have you through it. | 有你陪我度过这些真的很好 |
[05:00] | And I also thought about your question some more. | 我也想了想你的问题 |
[05:03] | And… | 并且 |
[05:06] | I am ready for you to meet my kids. | 我准备好让你见见我的孩子们了 |
[05:09] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[05:10] | It’s not just my call. | 这件事我一个人做不了主 |
[05:11] | I still have to talk to Jane and Petra. | 我还得跟简和佩特拉谈谈 |
[05:15] | The girls are really warming up to you. | 姑娘们对你很热情 |
[05:17] | Oh, wow, that was fast. | 进展神速啊 |
[05:20] | Oh. My mistake. | 是我的错 |
[05:21] | Great. I mean, ’cause it’s definitely | 很好 因为这绝对是 |
[05:23] | the most tickling, skipping, pillow fighting | 我辈子经历过的最痒的 最跳的 |
[05:27] | I’ve done in my life. | 枕头大战 |
[05:28] | Well, their therapist thinks it’s working, so… | 她们的治疗师觉得这样有用 所以 |
[05:32] | Are you ready for the next phase? | 准备好进入下一阶段了吗 |
[05:35] | Alone time with them? | 跟她们独处吗 |
[05:36] | Well, don’t say it like you’re in a horror movie. | 别说得好像你正身处恐怖电影之中 |
[05:38] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[05:41] | Come play with us. | 来和我们玩呀 |
[05:43] | You can keep it simple. | 不必太复杂 |
[05:45] | Just… take ’em down to the lounge for ice cream. | 你就带她们去酒廊里吃冰激凌就行 |
[05:49] | I can do ice cream. | 这个倒可以做到 |
[05:54] | Ah, it’s my mentor. | 是我的导师 |
[05:55] | Did the bar association get her recommendation? | 律师协会收到她的推荐信了吗 |
[05:57] | Yeah. And they refused to reinstate my license. | 收到了 并且他们拒绝恢复我的执照 |
[06:03] | I mean, I knew… | 我本来就知道 |
[06:06] | it was a long shot. | 这事情希望不大 |
[06:09] | It’s fine. I’m fine. | 没事的 我很好 |
[06:11] | But despite all the obstacles, | 但除去所有障碍 |
[06:13] | these two were destined to be together. | 这两人命中注定要在一起 |
[06:15] | Because at its heart, it’s a love story. | 因为这个故事的核心仍然是爱情 |
[06:18] | And Steve and Brenda’s love, which spans decades | 史蒂夫和布伦达之间跨越光阴 |
[06:21] | and traverses planets, | 穿越星际的爱情 |
[06:23] | is the strongest gravity in the universe. | 是宇宙间最强的引力 |
[06:26] | And that is This Is Mars. | 这就是《这是火星》的故事 |
[06:32] | Does she like it? Is she in? | 她喜欢吗 她会加入吗 |
[06:34] | This is torture. | 卖关子真是折磨啊 |
[06:40] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[06:41] | Seriously, what can I say? | 说实话 我还能说什么 |
[06:43] | It’s… it’s out of this world. | 毕竟这是个超凡脱俗的故事 |
[06:50] | Perfect, perfect. | 完美 完美 |
[06:51] | So, once you sign the contract, | 所以只要你一签合同 |
[06:53] | Jane will dive in and start writing the script. | 简就会开始埋头创作剧本 |
[06:56] | You know, I do have one note. | 我确实有一点要说 |
[06:57] | Yeah. Of course, yeah. | 行 当然了 行 |
[07:01] | I want someone else to write it. | 我想让其他人来写剧本 |
[07:03] | What? | 什么 |
[07:04] | But it was Jane’s idea. And she is my daughter. | 但这是简的主意 她还是我女儿 |
[07:07] | Exactly. My nephew shot a YouTube video | 是啊 我侄子拍了个油管视频 |
[07:09] | of his friends Rollerblading. | 讲他朋友玩轮滑 |
[07:12] | Do I bring him in to direct? | 我要让他去导演吗 |
[07:13] | I’m not signing on to the project | 只要简写剧本 |
[07:15] | as long as Jane is the writer. | 我就不签合同 |
[07:17] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[07:18] | Offense taken! | 晚了 |
[07:27] | As you may recall, when we last saw our father-daughter duo, | 你可能还记得 这对父女最后一次齐心协力时 |
[07:30] | a River ran through them. | 一条河[里弗]隔开了他们 |
[07:31] | She’s not a River. | 她不是河 |
[07:33] | She’s a swamp. She’s worse than a swamp. | 她是个沼泽 她比沼泽还要糟 |
[07:35] | She’s a bog! | 她是一滩烂泥 |
[07:37] | Dad, she makes a valid point. | 爸爸 她说得很有道理 |
[07:39] | I’ve written one episode of television. | 我只写过一集电视剧 |
[07:40] | A Paloma-nominated episode. | 提名金鸽奖的一集 |
[07:43] | Still, I’m… I’m a novelist, not a screenwriter. | 但 我是小说家 不是编剧 |
[07:47] | I-I’ll just bow out so you can bring in someone | 我 我会退出的 这样你就可以让 |
[07:49] | with more telenovela experience. | 有更多肥皂剧经验的人加入了 |
[07:50] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[07:52] | This whole thing was your stroke of genius. | 这整件事都是你的天才之举 |
[07:54] | When River sees your pages, your talent will be undeniable. | 当里弗看到剧本 她就知道你有多优秀了 |
[07:59] | No pressure, Jane. | 毫无压力 简 |
[08:01] | And speaking of pressure… | 说到压力 |
[08:03] | It’s your lucky day. | 今天是你的幸运日 |
[08:05] | We’re all gonna make our own sundaes. What do you think? | 我们都要自己做圣代 怎么样 |
[08:13] | Hey, you took all the organic strawberries. | 你把有机草莓都拿走了 |
[08:16] | – Give it to me. – Girls… | -还给我 -姑娘们 |
[08:18] | – Hey! You snooze, you lose! – Put that down. | -嘿 现在都是我的了 -放下 |
[08:20] | I’m not eating that cheap, gross stuff. | 我可不吃那些便宜又恶心的东西 |
[08:22] | – Gimme yours. – Girls, stop it! | -给我你的 -姑娘们 住手 |
[08:25] | No! Ellie, no. | 不 埃莉 不 |
[08:27] | Please pick up. Ladies. Girls, stop, stop, stop. | 请捡起来 姑娘们 住手 |
[08:30] | Hey, enough! | 嘿 够了 |
[08:31] | Clean this up right now and stop being such spoiled brats! | 现在就清理干净 别再任性了 |
[08:35] | Hey, you ready? It’s starting. | 准备好了吗 开始了 |
[08:37] | – Mm-hmm. – Okay. | -恩 -好的 |
[08:45] | Aw, it’s an engagement party for Alba and Jorge. | 这是阿尔芭和乔治的订婚派对 |
[08:49] | Hey, what’s all this? | 这都是些什么 |
[08:57] | Oh, congratulations, Alba. | 恭喜你 阿尔芭 |
[08:58] | Oh, I’m so happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[09:02] | So much for space. | 世界真小 |
[09:05] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[09:06] | Um, I was looking for you, actually. | 实际上 我是来找你的 |
[09:09] | Do you have a minute to talk? | 你有时间谈谈吗 |
[09:12] | Sure, yeah. What’s up? | 当然 怎么了 |
[09:13] | Well, I know things have been a little rocky | 我知道最近我们之间 |
[09:16] | between us lately… but I need a favor. | 有点问题 但我需要你帮我个忙 |
[09:21] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[09:22] | I would really like to introduce | 我想让我姐姐 |
[09:24] | Mateo to my sister. | 见见马特奥 |
[09:31] | I’m not sure how I feel about that. | 我不知该说些什么 |
[09:33] | Actually, Jane’s very sure how she feels about that. | 事实上 简知道 |
[09:36] | Luisa has been my rock over these past few weeks. | 过去的几周里 路易莎一直支持着我 |
[09:40] | She’s changed. | 她变了 |
[09:42] | This isn’t the first time Luisa claimed to have changed. | 这不是路易莎第一次声称自己变了 |
[09:45] | And then, one look from Rose, and… | 然后 一看见萝丝 就 |
[09:47] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[09:49] | But it… just feels different this time. | 但 这次感觉不一样 |
[09:52] | I feel it. | 我感觉到了 |
[09:53] | Look, she’s the only family I have, | 听着 她是我唯一的家人 |
[09:55] | and it would mean the world to me | 如果她能见到我儿子 |
[09:57] | if she could meet my son. | 这对我来说比什么都重要 |
[09:59] | Can you give me a day to think about it? | 你能给我一天时间考虑一下吗 |
[10:01] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:11] | I want to say yes. | 我想答应 |
[10:12] | I-I mean, Rafael seemed convinced Luisa’s changed. | 拉斐尔似乎坚信路易莎改变了 |
[10:18] | But I don’t know if I’d be agreeing to it | 但我不知道我之所以答应 |
[10:20] | because I believe it, too, | 是因为我也相信 |
[10:22] | or if I’m secretly hoping that Rafael will be so grateful | 还是我心里其实希望拉斐尔能够 |
[10:24] | that he’ll realize he made a mistake | 意识到他犯了个错误 |
[10:25] | and fall back in love with me. | 然后爱上我 |
[10:26] | I’m guessing the latter. | 我猜是后者 |
[10:40] | Agreed. | 赞成 |
[10:42] | So, you good? | 那么 你还好吗 |
[10:43] | Oh, well, not great. | 好吧 不太好 |
[10:45] | Good enough. Come on, guys. | 足够了 来吧 伙计们 |
[10:46] | We’re starting the wedding meeting. | 我们要开始准备婚礼了 |
[10:50] | Your very own binder. | 属于你俩自己的相册 |
[10:51] | I couldn’t be more proud. | 真为你们自豪 |
[10:53] | What– a-and did you use my label maker? | 什么 你用了我的标签机 |
[10:56] | I certainly did, because I’m in charge of planning. | 肯定用啊 我全权策划 |
[10:59] | Ma, since your first wedding got cut short, | 妈 你第一次婚礼从简了 |
[11:02] | I want to go all-out. | 所以这一次我要全力以赴 |
[11:03] | Make sure this wedding is perfect. | 保证这次婚礼很完美 |
[11:06] | So, I called the monsignor | 我给神父打了电话 |
[11:08] | and booked the next available slot for a wedding mass. | 预定了下一个婚礼弥撒的空挡 |
[11:11] | Which is three months from now. | 从现在起还有三个月 |
[11:14] | I-I know. It’s soon. | 我 我知道 很快 |
[11:16] | But I’ve got nothing but time on my hands. | 但是我有的是时间 |
[11:18] | We can get this done. | 我们可以完成的 |
[11:21] | Rogelio, you need to book your glam squad ASAP. | 罗格里奥 你要尽快搞定你的明星团 |
[11:24] | Mateo, you’ll be the ring bearer. | 马特奥 你端戒指 |
[11:25] | And, Jane, you go write | 简 你全力写作 |
[11:28] | so you can help us when you’re done with the novela. | 完成剧本后就来帮我们 |
[11:30] | Got it. On it. Dad, did you bring the extra scripts? | 知道了 好的 爸爸 你带了多余的剧本吗 |
[11:33] | Yes. | 带了 |
[11:34] | Some of the best pilots I’ve collected over the years. | 这些年我收集到的最好的一些试播集 |
[11:36] | Use them as a guide. | 让它们作你的指导 |
[11:38] | Which brings us here… now. | 于是我们来到这里 此刻 |
[11:42] | How’s it going? | 进行得怎么样了 |
[11:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[11:45] | I feel good. I just have to make sure | 我感觉很好 只是我要确保 |
[11:47] | that I hit the five key structural elements. | 我用到了五个关键的结构要素 |
[11:49] | Each character has to have drive… | 每个角色都必须有驱动力 |
[11:52] | something they desperately want. | 非常渴望的东西 |
[11:54] | Like winning over River Fields? | 比如赢得里弗·菲尔兹 |
[11:56] | Then an obstacle to getting it. | 得到这样东西会碰到的障碍 |
[11:58] | The characters need to overcome that | 角色们需要克服这个障碍 |
[11:59] | but then get thwarted by a massive complication | 但是他们遭遇了巨大的困难 |
[12:02] | which sets them back. | 退缩了 |
[12:03] | Then the resolution when they finally get what they want. | 然后是解决 他们最终获得了他们想要的 |
[12:07] | And, of course, | 当然啦 |
[12:08] | we end with the cliffhanger no one saw coming. | 我们以意想不到的悬念结尾 |
[12:11] | Sounds about right. | 听起来很棒 |
[12:12] | Okay. Now go. | 好 现在开始吧 |
[12:13] | I’m gonna dive in so I can get River these scenes ASAP. | 我就要开动了 好让里弗尽快看到这几出戏 |
[12:15] | Great. | 很好 |
[12:23] | What’s Rogelio doing with Jane’s book editor’s phone number? | 罗格里奥抄简的编辑的电话号码干吗呢 |
[12:26] | Could that be our…? | 可能是我们的 |
[12:29] | And speaking of obstacles… | 说到障碍 |
[12:32] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[12:35] | I knew other Jane was gonna tattle. | 我就知道另外一个简会告密的 |
[12:37] | That girl is so predictable. | 那个女孩太好猜了 |
[12:40] | Look, I know I shouldn’t have yelled at the girls | 我知道我不应该凶你女儿 |
[12:42] | and called them spoiled brats. | 说她们惯坏了 没规矩 |
[12:44] | Actually, I meant that you borrowed my favorite jacket | 实际上我是想说你拿了我最喜欢的夹克 |
[12:45] | and spilled red wine on it. | 还把红酒撒在上面 |
[12:46] | Oh, I totally forgot about that. | 哦 我完全忘了这回事 |
[12:48] | I was gonna take it to the dry cleaner yesterday, but… | 昨天我想拿去干洗的 但是 |
[12:50] | Forget the jacket. | 不说夹克的事了 |
[12:51] | You yelled at my girls? | 你凶我女儿 |
[12:52] | They were being awful. | 她们太无理取闹了 |
[12:54] | They’re in therapy. They’re trying. | 她们在接受治疗 她们已经在努力了 |
[12:57] | And you’re supposed to be gaining their trust, | 你应该取得她们的信任 |
[12:59] | not traumatizing them even more. | 而不是带给她们更多的伤害 |
[13:00] | They were throwing ice cream everywhere | 她们把冰激凌扔得到处都是 |
[13:03] | and refusing to clean up after themselves. | 之后还不肯打扫干净 |
[13:05] | What was I supposed to do, just sit there and watch? | 我应该怎么办 难道就是坐着看吗 |
[13:08] | That would have been better than yelling at them. | 那也比凶她们好 |
[13:09] | You weren’t there. You didn’t see how they were acting. | 你不在场 你没看到她们多无理取闹 |
[13:11] | It doesn’t matter! It’s not your place! | 有什么关系 又不是你的地方 |
[13:15] | You know what? My place probably isn’t here, either. | 你知道吗 这里恐怕也不是我的地方 |
[13:26] | So? What do you think? | 你是怎么想的 |
[13:29] | Well, I’m not going to lie. I’ve got a lot of notes. | 我不想骗你 我有很多想法 |
[13:32] | But I don’t want you to get discouraged, Jane. | 但是我不想打击你 简 |
[13:34] | Just like acting is reacting, writing is rewriting. | 就像演戏总是要重演 写作也需要反复写 |
[13:38] | Of course. Give it to me straight. | 当然 直说吧 |
[13:42] | Well, here, you say Steve is “extremely handsome,” | 这里你说史蒂夫”超级帅” |
[13:46] | but later, when his tail is revealed, | 但是后来 他穿燕尾服出场时 |
[13:49] | he’s only “very handsome.” | 他只是”很帅” |
[13:52] | You know? If Steve is extremely handsome in his tuxedo, | 如果史蒂夫穿无尾晚礼服超级帅 |
[13:56] | he should be equally handsome in his spacesuit. | 那么他穿太空服也应该同样帅 |
[13:59] | Or even more so. | 或者更帅 |
[14:01] | You see, the tail enhances his handsomeness. | 燕尾服增加了他的帅气 |
[14:06] | Oh. Totally. Makes sense. | 非常有道理 |
[14:08] | Does it, though? | 是吗 |
[14:10] | I’ll make Steve equally handsome throughout. | 我会让史蒂夫自始至终都一样帅 |
[14:12] | – Anything else? – Uh, yes. | -还有吗 -有 |
[14:14] | Uh, there should be six to eight more slow push-ins on Steve. | 史蒂夫应该多加六至八个慢慢推进的镜头 |
[14:18] | And instead of the head astronaut, | 相较于首位宇航员 |
[14:20] | I think that Steve should be the one | 我认为史蒂夫应该是 |
[14:22] | to plant the American flag on Mars. | 将美国国旗插在火星上的那个人 |
[14:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:27] | Uh, what about the, um, the plot and the dialogue? | 情节和对白怎么样 |
[14:30] | Oh, the plot was perfection. | 情节相当完美 |
[14:33] | So dramatic. | 很有张力 |
[14:34] | And the dialogue was divine. | 对白也棒极了 |
[14:37] | – Fun and romantic. – Great. | -浪漫有趣 -太好了 |
[14:40] | I-I’ll just make these changes and send it to River. | 我会修改好发给里弗的 |
[14:42] | Oh, I-I do have one question for you, though. | 我还有个问题 |
[14:45] | Why was my editor’s number | 为什么我编辑的电话号码 |
[14:47] | written on the back of one of your scripts? | 写在你的某个剧本背面 |
[14:49] | Oh, that? | 那个吗 |
[14:52] | I just wanted to send flowers after your book launch, | 我只是想在你的新书发布以后送些花 |
[14:55] | and I needed the address. | 我需要地址 |
[14:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:58] | Yeah, really. Now focus up. | 真的 集中注意力 |
[14:59] | We got a lot of work to do. | 我们还有一堆工作要做呢 |
[15:10] | Hey, Jeremy, it’s Jane Villanueva. | 杰瑞米 我是简·维兰纽瓦 |
[15:12] | Long time no speak. | 好久没聊了 |
[15:13] | Hoping you can call me back. Thanks. | 希望你能回电 谢谢 |
[15:16] | Come on, Mateo. Time to go to Daddy’s. | 走吧 马特奥 该去爸爸那儿了 |
[15:21] | So, what’d you decide? | 所以 你的决定是什么 |
[15:25] | When I was Mateo’s age, I always wanted a big family, | 我在马特奥的年纪时 总想有个大家庭 |
[15:28] | and Luisa’s his aunt, so, yes. | 路易莎是他的姑姑 所以是的 |
[15:31] | Introduce them. | 介绍他们认识吧 |
[15:32] | Thank you, Jane. | 谢谢你 简 |
[15:36] | I really appreciate this. | 真的很感谢 |
[15:38] | And I know Luisa will, too. | 我知道路易莎也会感谢你的 |
[15:40] | She’ll probably think her crystals are working. | 她也许会认为她的水晶起作用了 |
[15:42] | She uses them to “Set her intention.” | 她用它们来”确定目标” |
[15:50] | Hey, it’s worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[15:52] | Set your intentions, Jane. | 确定你的目标 简 |
[15:54] | Anyways, I’ll just, uh, | 总之 我会 |
[15:56] | text her and find a time that works for both of us. | 发消息给她 找个大家都方便的时间 |
[15:59] | Let’s check in on her intentions, shall we? | 我们来看看她的目标 好吗 |
[16:01] | I’m over him. I’m so completely over him. | 我对他没感觉了 我对他完全没感觉了 |
[16:03] | I mean, I honestly can’t believe I was ever into him. | 说实话 我不敢相信曾经爱上过他 |
[16:05] | That shirt is way too tight, | 这件上衣太紧身了 |
[16:07] | and look at all that gel in his hair. | 再看看他头发上的发胶 |
[16:09] | I am over, over, over him. | 我对他完全 完全没感觉了 |
[16:12] | Oh, who am I kidding? | 我在骗谁呢 |
[16:13] | I love him so much. | 我太爱他了 |
[16:15] | Jane. | 简 |
[16:17] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:19] | Yep. All good. | 我很好 |
[16:21] | Of course I’m not all good. I love you so much. | 我当然不好 我非常爱你 |
[16:24] | Okay, I should probably get going. | 我得走了 |
[16:26] | Wedding planning duty calls. | 该去筹备婚礼了 |
[16:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:35] | Girls, go inside. | 姑娘们 进去 |
[16:37] | Jane, stay here. | 简 站住 |
[16:39] | Why didn’t you tell me J.R. yelled at my girls? | 你为什么不告诉我J.R.吼我的女儿们 |
[16:42] | I didn’t think it was my place | 我觉得我不应该 |
[16:43] | to get in the middle of someone else’s business. | 干涉别人的事情 |
[16:44] | Since when? That’s like your calling card. | 从什么时候开始 那就像是你的名片 |
[16:46] | 1-800-NOSY. | 1-800-爱管闲事 |
[16:47] | – Excuse me? – Like, the one time it could’ve | -你说什么 -唯一一次可能有用的时候 |
[16:48] | actually been useful, you decide to stop meddling? | 你决定不加干涉 |
[16:50] | I am not okay with J.R. Yelling at my children, | 我不能接受J.R.吼我的孩子们 |
[16:52] | and I could’ve used the heads-up. | 我本来可以有心理准备 |
[16:53] | Well, I’m not okay with you yelling at me. | 我不能接受你吼我 |
[16:56] | And if you have an issue with her, then you should talk to her. | 如果你跟她有问题 你应该找她谈 |
[16:58] | Jane, I’m in a relationship with a woman. | 简 我在和一个女人谈恋爱 |
[16:59] | Trust me, we talk, a lot. | 相信我 我们谈了很多 |
[17:01] | So you’ve talked about her role in disciplining your kids? | 所以你们讨论过她在管教小孩时应该扮演的角色吗 |
[17:04] | Well, no. We haven’t actually talked about that. | 没有 我们还没讨论过这个问题 |
[17:07] | So it’s not really fair for you to get mad at her or me. | 所以你对她或对我发火都是不公平的 |
[17:10] | Now if you’re done yelling at me, | 如果你吼完了 |
[17:11] | I have to go get a wedding gift for my grandma. | 我要去给外婆挑结婚礼物了 |
[17:15] | This way, we can see what the dress would look like a little. | 这样我们能看看裙子穿起来什么样 |
[17:18] | And what do you think about | 你觉得婚礼花束 |
[17:20] | Cattleya mossiae orchids for your bouquet? | 用五月兰怎么样 |
[17:23] | Cattle-what now? | 五月啥玩意 |
[17:24] | It’s the national flower of Venezuela. | 这是委内瑞拉的国花 |
[17:26] | I thought it might be nice for you to have a little piece | 我觉得你手捧一束家乡的五月兰 |
[17:28] | of home with you when you walk down the aisle. | 走上礼道 一定会非常好看 |
[17:30] | Aw, I’m tearing up already. | 我已经热泪盈眶 |
[17:36] | Great. I’m on it. | 太好了 我去准备 |
[17:50] | Damn, grandma. | 天哪 外婆 |
[17:54] | Bye, Jorge. | 再见 乔治 |
[18:01] | Things are getting pretty steamy between you two. | 你俩还真是打得火热呢 |
[18:05] | Hard to wait? | 等待很煎熬吧 |
[18:06] | Well, I have just the thing for that. | 我有东西正适合你 |
[18:09] | This has worked wonders for me over the years, | 这宝贝这些年来可帮了我大忙 |
[18:11] | so I only found it fitting to give one to you. | 我觉得只给你一个正合适 |
[18:19] | When you have urges, you know, | 当你欲火难耐的时候 |
[18:20] | just think about the flower and how… | 就想想这花 想想… |
[18:25] | Though to be fair, hers has already been crumpled. | 不过说句公道话 她的”花”早就被弄皱了 |
[18:29] | Not by Jorge. Ooh! | 但不是乔治”弄”的 |
[18:34] | Ooh, I got to get this. | 我得接一下 |
[18:37] | Hey, uh, Jeremy. Thanks so much for getting back to me. | 杰瑞米 谢谢你回我电话 |
[18:39] | Yeah, sorry, Jane, | 不好意思 简 |
[18:41] | I’m just not really looking for any new manuscripts right now. | 我现在不想接任何新手稿 |
[18:43] | Oh, no, it’s not that. | 不 不是为了这个 |
[18:45] | Uh, I just wanted to apologize | 我的书出版后 |
[18:47] | if my dad called and harassed you in any way | 我爸可能打电话骚扰到了你 |
[18:50] | after my book came out. | 我想替他说声抱歉 |
[18:51] | No. No, no, no, it was, uh, nothing like that. | 不 不不不 没有这回事 |
[18:56] | Ah. But something definitely happened between you two? | 不过你俩一定谈过什么吧 |
[18:59] | Look, Jane, I promised I wouldn’t say anything, | 简 我保证过不透露任何信息 |
[19:01] | so you’re really gonna have to | 所以你非要知道的话 |
[19:02] | talk to your pops on that one. Sorry. | 只能和你爸谈了 抱歉 |
[19:08] | So I talked to Jeremy. | 我和杰瑞米通了电话 |
[19:11] | I know what you did. | 我知道你都做了什么 |
[19:13] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[19:15] | You’re not mad? | 你不生气吗 |
[19:17] | Of course not. Why would I be mad? | 当然不了 我为什么要生气 |
[19:18] | Well, because you don’t like it | 因为你不喜欢 |
[19:19] | when I use my resources to help you. | 我托关系来帮你 |
[19:21] | Aha! How did you use your resources? | 我就知道 你是怎么托的关系 |
[19:23] | – I knew you did something. – I-I didn’t mean… | -我就知道你有小动作 -我不是说… |
[19:23] | What was it? What did you do? | 你干了什么 到底干了什么 |
[19:29] | I-I promised to pay the publishers back | 我跟出版商保证如果你的书 |
[19:32] | if 10,000 copies of your book didn’t sell. | 没卖出一万本 我就赔他们钱 |
[19:36] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[19:38] | That’s why I got published? | 所以我的书才被出版吗 |
[19:40] | Friends, if this were a telenovela– | 朋友们 如果这是肥皂剧 |
[19:43] | which it is– I’d say we’ve just gotten to our big… | 它本来就是 那我们已经进入了最… |
[19:47] | Hola, mi peeps. | 你好啊 宝贝 |
[19:49] | Hola. | 你好 |
[19:51] | What did you think? | 剧本觉得怎么样 |
[19:52] | I loved it. | 我超爱的 |
[19:55] | I mean, honestly, I was worried that, as Rogelio’s daughter, | 说实话 你是罗格里奥的女儿 我还担心 |
[19:58] | that you would favor Steve over Brenda, | 比起布伦达 你会更钟爱史蒂夫 |
[20:00] | but you did a great job of making us equal costars. | 但你平等地描绘了两位联合主演的形象 |
[20:04] | Thank you, River. | 谢谢你 里弗 |
[20:06] | But actually, I disagree. | 但事实上 我不同意 |
[20:08] | I think Brenda’s underserved by this story. | 我觉得布伦达的魅力还有待发掘 |
[20:11] | I want to see her really shine. | 我希望她能璀璨闪耀 |
[20:14] | I mean, your talent greatly, greatly outpaces my father’s, | 我觉得你的天赋远远地超越了我爸 |
[20:18] | and I think that should be reflected in these pages. | 这一点在剧本中应该有所展现 |
[20:20] | You need several more monologues, of course. | 应该给你再加几场独角戏 那是自然 |
[20:23] | A-And I want to give her an additional lover | 我还想给她再添一个情人 |
[20:25] | because Steve’s face is gonna be horribly disfigured | 因为在试播集的结尾 史蒂夫会因一场 |
[20:27] | by a Martian mining accident at the end of the pilot. | 火星矿难事故 惨遭毁容 |
[20:30] | Jane, even if that were to happen, | 简 就算真的会这样 |
[20:31] | – Oh. And he’s gonna lose his genitals. – I… | -他还会痛失”二弟” -我… |
[20:33] | Oh, oh, that sounds like some pretty crazy, risky television. | 听起来还真是本疯狂又危险的电视剧啊 |
[20:38] | It’s gonna be great. | 会大获成功的 |
[20:39] | And did I mention, I think Brenda should be the one | 顺便一提 我觉得应该让布伦达 |
[20:42] | who plants the American flag on Mars, | 在火星上插上美国国旗 |
[20:43] | because she’s the one doing all the work. | 因为这一切都归功于她 |
[20:45] | I am so in. | 我绝对参演 |
[20:48] | Let’s do it. | 我们合作吧 |
[20:52] | Bye. | 拜 |
[20:52] | Adiós, mi peeps. | 再见了 宝贝 |
[21:00] | Oh, good, you’re home. Your abuela is being wishy-washy | 很好 你们回来了 外婆定不下来 |
[21:03] | about wedding colors, and we need to move fast. | 婚礼颜色 我们得快点了 |
[21:08] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:15] | The meeting went great, right? | 会议很顺利 对吗 |
[21:17] | Come on! Do the dance. Break it down. Ooh. | 来啊 跳起来 嗨起来 |
[21:20] | Nope. No dance. | 不 跳不起来 |
[21:22] | It actually didn’t go well at all. | 实际上 会议一点都不顺利 |
[21:25] | River didn’t like the pages? | 里弗不喜欢书的内容吗 |
[21:26] | River loved the pages. | 里弗喜欢书的内容 |
[21:30] | I am so glad that you asked, Abuela. | 我很高兴你问了我这个问题 |
[21:32] | Dad, you want to tell them what the problem is? | 爸爸 你想告诉他们问题出在哪里了吗 |
[21:34] | The problem is he bribed the publishing company, | 问题在于 他贿赂了出版社 |
[21:36] | and that’s the only reason my book got published. | 这也是我的书能出版的唯一原因 |
[21:38] | What? No! | 什么 不 |
[21:39] | Be honest. You two didn’t know about this? | 说实话 你们两个对这件事情一无所知吗 |
[21:41] | No way. | 我们一点都不知道 |
[21:48] | I-I’m sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 |
[21:51] | I just wanted to do something nice for you, Jane. | 我只是想为你做点什么 简 |
[21:55] | You were still grieving Michael, | 你当时正因迈克尔难过 |
[21:57] | and you had worked so hard on your book. | 而且 你在自己的书上耗费了那么多心力 |
[22:01] | And I knew how important | 我知道 对你来说 |
[22:02] | being a published author was to you. | 成为一名出过书的作家对你来说有多重要 |
[22:04] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[22:05] | It was the most important accomplishment of my life, | 这是我一生中最重要的成就 |
[22:08] | and it’s a lie! | 但这都是假的 |
[22:12] | And while our Jane was down in the dumps, | 当我们的简正情绪低落时 |
[22:16] | so was the other Jane. | 另一位简也是如此 |
[22:18] | Hey. Do you have a minute? | 你现在有空吗 |
[22:22] | I got a lot of side work to finish before my shift ends, | 轮班结束前我还有好多事情要做 |
[22:24] | so now’s not a great time. | 现在可能不大方便 |
[22:25] | Yeah. This isn’t exactly the bar J.R. Wanted to be associated with. | 对 这绝不是J.R.想要听到的 |
[22:30] | I just came to apologize. | 我来是想说声抱歉 |
[22:33] | I know the girls can be difficult. | 我知道带孩子不是容易事 |
[22:37] | And I never set any rules when it came to you | 你之前和他们以家长身份相处的时候 |
[22:40] | acting in a parenting capacity with them. | 我从来没有给你设定什么规则 |
[22:42] | So maybe it would help | 所以我们现在设定些基本准则 |
[22:43] | if we set those ground rules now. | 可能会有帮助 |
[22:46] | Did other Jane give you this advice? | 另一个简给你意见了吗 |
[22:50] | Yeah, she did. | 是的 她给意见了 |
[22:51] | Well, it’s reductive. | 找别人有啥用 |
[22:52] | ‘Cause life isn’t that neat. | 因为生活不会这么方便 |
[22:54] | Yeah, it might not be, | 是的 生活可能不会这么顺利 |
[22:55] | but we should still talk about what happened. | 但是我们还是应该聊聊之前的事情 |
[22:57] | I know I messed up. | 我知道自己把一切都搞砸了 |
[23:00] | And I really want to fix this. | 但是我真的想弥补自己的过失 |
[23:03] | I’m listening. | 我在听你说 |
[23:05] | Can we maybe just not do this right by the dumpster? | 我们能不能别在垃圾车边上谈 |
[23:07] | ‘Cause I think I’m gonna pass out. | 我觉得自己要晕过去了 |
[23:10] | Aw. Looks like things are starting to thaw. | 看起来事情开始好转了 |
[24:05] | Oh, it’s just, um… | 只是 |
[24:08] | over the past year, | 过去一年里 |
[24:10] | when-whenever I started to doubt myself, | 每 每次我开始怀疑自己 |
[24:12] | I’d remind myself… | 我都会提醒自己 |
[24:15] | I’m a published author. | 我是一位出过书的作家 |
[24:18] | It was the one accomplishment | 这是一项我可以一直 |
[24:20] | I could always go back to. | 回顾的成就 |
[24:24] | I just feel like a fraud. | 我感觉自己就像一个骗子 |
[24:30] | Well, I can’t write for him. | 因为他我写下不下去了 |
[24:44] | I just feel like a total failure. | 我感觉自己是个彻头彻尾的失败者 |
[24:47] | I had zero control over the girls, | 我完全管不了她们 |
[24:51] | and so I lost my cool and snapped. | 所以我当时失态了 |
[24:55] | I don’t have your patience. | 我没你那样有耐心 |
[24:58] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:59] | When I give them time-outs, it’s mostly for me. | 我让她们暂停 其实也是为了我自己 |
[25:04] | And you can give them time-out, too. | 你也可以给她们暂停 |
[25:06] | And hey, when it doubt, just threaten the iPad. | 一旦有怀疑 就用iPad威胁她们 |
[25:12] | Okay, I got to be honest. | 好吧 我坦诚地说 |
[25:15] | It’s not so much their behavior in particular so much as… | 也不仅仅是因为她们的行为 |
[25:19] | What? | 什么 |
[25:22] | They’re just so entitled. | 她们就是被宠坏了 |
[25:25] | And, well… | 而且 |
[25:29] | you know how scrappy my childhood was. | 你也知道我的童年有多惨 |
[25:32] | We couldn’t even afford rent, | 我们甚至付不起房租 |
[25:34] | let alone dinner every night. | 更不用说每晚的晚饭了 |
[25:36] | I mean, that’s why I never wanted to have kids. | 这就是为什么我一直不想要孩子的原因 |
[25:39] | I just wanted to take care of myself. | 我只想照顾好自己 |
[25:41] | I never wanted to feel that fear again. | 我再也不想担惊受怕了 |
[25:44] | I just wanted – I just focused on my career, | 我只想专注于我的事业 |
[25:47] | and… now… | 然而现在 |
[25:52] | even that’s gone. | 就连工作也没了 |
[25:55] | And I just feel like I’m at rock bottom. | 我感觉我已经跌倒了谷底 |
[26:00] | And so, yeah, I-I took it out on the girls. | 没错 我把气撒在孩子身上 |
[26:04] | And I won’t do that again. | 我以后不会再这么做了 |
[26:09] | And I overreacted because… | 我反应过激是因为 |
[26:12] | you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[26:13] | They are spoiled. | 她们都被宠坏了 |
[26:16] | I went the other way, I guess, | 我想 我是用了另一种方式 |
[26:17] | to make up for my childhood. | 来弥补我的童年 |
[26:22] | So help me with it. | 帮帮我吧 |
[26:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:30] | And I’m so sorry | 我真的很抱歉 |
[26:33] | that you feel like you’re at rock bottom. | 你觉得自己跌入了谷底 |
[26:37] | I wish I could help you with that. | 我真希望自己能帮上你的忙 |
[26:40] | You are. | 你已经在帮了 |
[26:42] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[27:04] | Oh, hello. | 哎哟 |
[27:35] | Not that he’s counting or anything. | 他不是在算日子呢 |
[27:51] | There you are. Lots to do. | 你在这呢 还有很多要做 |
[28:01] | What do you mean? The church was booked. | 这是什么意思 教堂都订好了 |
[28:16] | Emphasis on “Quick.” | 重点是”快速” |
[28:23] | Emphasis on “Just.” | 重点是”只是” |
[28:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:35] | If that’s what you two want, I’m on board. | 如果这是你们俩想要的 那我同意 |
[28:38] | Me, too. | 我也同意 |
[28:39] | Did you want to have any kind of reception, or… | 你还想举办什么婚宴吗 |
[28:44] | Told ya, got to be quick. | 说过了 最好能快点 |
[28:47] | Oh. Wow. Easy. | 这很简单 |
[28:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:59] | Now let’s get this woman laid. I mean, married. | 让她去上床吧 我是说 去结婚吧 |
[29:04] | Yay! | 太棒了 |
[29:10] | No. The Cattleya mossiae orchid. | 不 是五月兰 |
[29:13] | It has to be the Cattleya mossiae. | 必须得是五月兰 |
[29:16] | I need them in two hours. | 两小时内送过来 |
[29:17] | Good news. I found my veil. | 好消息 我找到我的面纱了 |
[29:21] | Hey, Abuela. | 外婆 |
[29:23] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[29:26] | You’re not feeling guilty, are you? | 你不会觉得内疚吧 |
[29:28] | Because I think Abuelo would be so happy for you. | 因为我觉得外公会为你感到十分高兴的 |
[30:02] | And speaking of family… | 说到家庭 |
[30:05] | Hey, Mr. Sweetface. | 你好呀 笑眯眯先生 |
[30:06] | Head to your room. There are clothes laid out | 去你的房间看看 给你换的 |
[30:07] | for you to change into. Hurry. | 衣服都摆好了 赶紧的 |
[30:10] | Thanks for getting him here so fast. | 谢谢你这么快就把他带过来 |
[30:13] | Of course. But what was the rush? | 应该的 但为什么要这么急呢 |
[30:16] | My grandmother decided to get married, today! | 我外婆决定要结婚 就是今天 |
[30:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:21] | Oh, God, how exciting for her. | 老天 真为她感到激动 |
[30:25] | And you should be there. | 你也应该到场 |
[30:27] | It’s an important moment for our whole family. | 这是我们整个家庭最重要的时刻 |
[30:32] | I will go get changed and meet you at the church. | 我去换身衣服 等会儿教堂见 |
[30:49] | Today isn’t about my feelings. It’s about our family. | 今天我的感受不重要 重要的是我们的家庭 |
[30:52] | And Rafael is a part of it. | 拉斐尔也是家庭的一份子 |
[30:57] | Good. | 好的 |
[30:58] | Now go on and change. We got to get you to the church. | 现在继续换衣服吧 我们要送你去教堂 |
[31:01] | We are literally at the church. | 我们确实到了教堂 |
[31:02] | Where are the orchids? | 五月兰在哪里 |
[31:04] | That is not acceptable. | 这可不行 |
[31:06] | Get here now. | 赶紧给我送来 |
[31:09] | It’s not okay. They promised they’d have those flowers here. | 有关系 他们答应了要把花送来 |
[31:14] | – Yes, you do. – Mom. | -你需要的 -妈妈 |
[31:16] | Why are you getting so upset about those flowers? | 你为什么要跟这些花过不去呢 |
[31:18] | They’re just… important. | 只是它们很重要 |
[31:33] | I… just wanted to do one thing for you, for once, | 我只是想为你做好一件事 就一次 |
[31:39] | because you’ve done such a great job with being my mom. | 因为你是一位尽职尽责的母亲 |
[31:42] | And this was my chance to finally do something for you. | 而我终于有机会为你做些事 |
[31:47] | To thank you. | 来报答你 |
[31:48] | Oh, Xiomara. | 希尔玛拉 |
[31:50] | Especially after the year I’ve had | 特别是这么多年来 |
[31:52] | and how you’ve been with me through all of it. | 你陪我走过所有的风风雨雨 |
[31:58] | I never thought at 46 I’d still need my mom so much. | 我从来没想过我四十六岁了还会如此需要妈妈 |
[32:19] | Hey, are you guys ready? Jorge’s getting… | 你们准备好了吗 乔治要… |
[32:24] | Oh, I’m-I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:27] | I’ll just… | 我还是… |
[32:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:37] | You never stop wanting to do | 你会一直为你的孩子 |
[32:38] | whatever you can for your child. | 竭尽全力 |
[32:46] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[32:48] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[32:48] | Let’s talk. | 来聊聊 |
[32:50] | I am so sorry, Jane. | 我很抱歉 简 |
[32:52] | I never meant to undermine your confidence. | 我不是想让你泄气 |
[32:54] | And I know it was a wrong thing to do, | 我知道这样做不对 |
[32:56] | but I just wanted to help. | 但我只是想帮忙 |
[32:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:00] | And I know it came from a good place. | 我知道你是出于好意 |
[33:03] | I just have to recalibrate things now, | 关于身为作家和我的职业这些事 |
[33:06] | about myself as a writer and my career. | 现在得重新衡量一下 |
[33:11] | Does it help to know that River signed the contract? | 知道里弗签了合同会有帮助吗 |
[33:14] | And she certainly wasn’t looking to do me any favors. | 而且她绝对一点也不会帮我忙 |
[33:17] | She just really loved your writing. | 她只是喜欢你的文章 |
[33:20] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[33:22] | And I do, too. | 我也很喜欢 |
[33:23] | And this is my career, | 而且这是我的事业 |
[33:24] | and I don’t mess around with my career, Jane. | 我不会把我的事业搞砸 简 |
[33:28] | Thanks for that, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[33:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:30] | Thank God. I love you, too. | 老天 我也爱你 |
[33:35] | U-Uh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:38] | Is Alba still in the building? | 阿尔巴还在这吗 |
[33:39] | She just needs another minute. | 她还要点时间 |
[33:41] | But she’s coming? | 但她已经来了吧 |
[33:42] | Yeah, don’t worry. She’s definitely coming. | 别担心 她一定会来的 |
[33:45] | Which brings us to… | 让我们来看看这边 |
[33:48] | I can’t. I’m already a mess. | 我受不了 我已经哭成一团了 |
[35:16] | *Go have sex a lot* | *尽情享受性爱吧* |
[35:18] | *Go have sex* | *享受性爱* |
[35:22] | *Tonight’s the night you’ll finally see* | *在今晚你终于可以* |
[35:26] | *The glory of sex with Jorge G* | *知道与乔治·G做爱有多美妙* |
[35:30] | *Go have sex, Alba* | *享受性爱吧 阿尔芭* |
[35:32] | *Don’t be afraid* | *不要害怕* |
[35:34] | *Of blue pills for J.G.* | *乔治的伟哥* |
[35:36] | *It’s time to know Jorge biblically* | *现在是时候深入地了解乔治了* |
[35:41] | *Go have sex* | *享受性爱吧* |
[35:44] | *Say good-bye to your vibrator friend* | *从此和振动棒说拜拜* |
[35:48] | *When he sex begins, there will be no end* | *当爱爱一旦开始 就不会结束* |
[35:52] | *We’re serious* | *说真的* |
[35:53] | *It will be a religious* | *那真是一种* |
[35:55] | *Experience.* | *神圣的体验* |
[36:05] | These are great. Aw. | 太棒了 |
[36:07] | I can’t believe you got these with your phone. | 我不敢相信你用手机就搞定了 |
[36:09] | Right? I was thinking, let’s make her a wedding album | 很好吧 我想送给她一本婚礼相册 |
[36:13] | since she’s never had one. | 她还没有呢 |
[36:14] | Love that idea, yes. | 我喜欢这个主意 太好了 |
[36:20] | Was it hard today? Not being with Rafael? | 今天很难过吗 还没有和拉斐尔和好 |
[36:25] | Actually, seeing him at the wedding as a part of my family, | 看到他作为家庭成员出现在婚礼上 |
[36:29] | it was the first time I’d been with him in weeks | 这是几周以来我第一次 |
[36:30] | when my heart didn’t just break. | 和他在一起而不觉得心痛 |
[36:33] | It was brief. | 虽然只是短暂一会 |
[36:34] | But still. | 却一直留在我心里 |
[36:37] | It helps that, no matter what, we’re family. | 我感觉到 无论如何我们都还是家人 |
[36:40] | And speaking of family… | 说到家庭 |
[36:43] | Great news, Jane. | 好消息 简 |
[36:45] | You’re officially famous. | 你真的出名了 |
[36:49] | Looks like Jane’s picture in the paper | 看来简的照片登上了报纸这件事 |
[36:50] | brought her closer to her father after all. | 让她和她爸爸的关系更亲近了 |
[36:53] | In other words, it’s… | 换句话说 |
[36:55] | Thanks, Dad. Oh. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[36:58] | And thank you, guys, for letting me stay the night. | 谢谢你们今晚让我留在这里 |
[37:00] | I am super happy for Abuela, but I did not want to hear that. | 我很为外婆开心 但我不想听他们那个 |
[37:03] | And I think I started to. | 我感觉我现在已经听到了 |
[37:05] | For the record, things to get pretty loud. | 根据经验 声音可能会很大 |
[37:08] | And, friends, I can’t show you what’s going to happen next. | 各位 接下来的场景不能播出 |
[37:12] | But let’s just say… | 不过我们可以说 |
[37:32] | You look happy. | 你看起来很幸福 |
[37:34] | Why wouldn’t I be? I’m with you. | 当然啦 我和你在一起呢 |
[37:39] | We don’t want to wear the shoes. | 我们不想穿这双鞋 |
[37:41] | Yeah, they’re ugly. | 它们好丑 |
[37:45] | Put them on. | 穿上 |
[37:49] | Okay, no iPad. | 不然就别想玩平板电脑了 |
[37:53] | Fine. If you want us to look basic. | 好吧 如果你非要我们穿的这么普通 |
[38:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:03] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[38:06] | You guys are pretty funny. | 你们真有意思啊 |
[38:08] | Aw, look at them. | 看看她们 |
[38:10] | One big happy family. | 真是快乐的大家庭啊 |
[38:14] | Wait, wait, wait. Oh. Sorry. | 等下 不好意思 |
[38:16] | Hold on, one second. | 稍等一下 |
[38:18] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:23] | Yes. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:29] | Bye. | 再见 |
[38:33] | What? Who was that? | 怎么了 是谁啊 |
[38:34] | Um, my mentor. | 我的导师 |
[38:36] | She thinks she found me a job opportunity. | 她给我找了个工作 |
[38:39] | Not as a lawyer, | 不是律师 |
[38:40] | but in the legal field. | 但也是法律相关的 |
[38:42] | What? That’s amazing! | 真的吗 太棒了 |
[38:44] | Oh, congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[38:46] | Thing is the job’s in Houston. | 问题是 工作在休斯顿 |
[38:50] | And from Houston… | 从休斯顿 |
[38:52] | to Mars. | 到火星 |
[38:58] | And, friends, just like that, | 朋友们 就这样 |
[39:00] | Jane felt inspired to write. | 简有了写作的灵感 |
[39:07] | Wait, this isn’t Mars. | 等等 这不是火星 |
[39:14] | Jane hasn’t written her novel for months. | 简好几个月没写小说了 |
[39:16] | I’m your father. | 我是你的父亲 |
[39:26] | You were incredible, Dad. | 你太棒了 爸爸 |
[39:29] | Did you just call me Dad? | 你刚刚叫我爸爸了吗 |
[39:30] | Here’s where you’re getting married. | 这是你结婚的地方 |
[39:32] | And as you can see, | 那你能看到 |
[39:33] | the reception will spill out onto the soundstage. | 招待会将会分散在表演区 |
[39:37] | I now pronounce you | 我现在宣布你们二人 |
[39:38] | husband and wife. | 结为夫妻 |
[39:42] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[39:42] | – Chin up, Jane! Jazz hands! – Oh, no, no! | -振作起来 简 爵士手 -不 |
[40:00] | I love you, Jane. | 我爱你 简 |
[40:01] | Oh, I love you, Dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[40:05] | Beautiful, just beautiful. | 美妙 如此美妙 |
[40:07] | Only problem: | 只是有一个问题 |
[40:08] | She’s supposed to be writing a telenovela. | 她本应该写肥皂剧 |
[40:10] | You’re on a deadline, Jane. | 最后期限快到了 简 |
[40:13] | Never mind. | 没关系 |
[40:13] | She’s on a roll. | 她行文如流水 |
[40:15] | I’ll take this back to our telenovela instead. | 我会把这个带到肥皂剧中 |
[40:18] | Mateo. There’s someone here to meet you. | 马特奥 有人来看你了 |
[40:22] | Hi, little man. | 小伙子 |
[40:25] | Are you my Aunt Luisa, the one who made me get born? | 你是我的姑姑路易莎 让我出生的那个人吗 |
[40:28] | I sure am. | 是的呢 |
[40:29] | And I’m so happy to finally meet you. | 最终能看到你好开心啊 |
[40:31] | How come just now? | 你怎么现在才来 |
[40:33] | Well, I was… travelling. | 好吧 我在旅行 |
[40:37] | But I’m home now. | 但是我现在回家了 |
[40:39] | Back with my family. | 与家人在一起 |
[40:41] | Finally. | 终于 |
[40:43] | So, should we go to the beach? | 我们要去海滩吗 |
[40:48] | Oh, I-I… | 我 |
[40:49] | wasn’t really planning on leaving the apartment. | 我其实没想离开家 |
[40:51] | I thought maybe we’d stay in and play some board games. | 我想也许我们呆在家里玩点棋盘游戏 |
[40:54] | Oh, come on, Rafael. I brought beach toys. | 得了吧拉斐尔 我带了海滩玩具 |
[40:56] | Yeah, come on, Daddy. Beach, beach, beach, beach. | 是呀 爸爸 海滩海滩海滩 |
[40:59] | Beach, beach, beach, beach, beach, beach… | 海滩海滩海滩 |
[41:01] | Okay, fine, beach day it is. | 好吧 那就去吧 |
[41:06] | – Ah. One-one second. – Wait, wait, wait. | -稍等下 -等等 |
[41:09] | Hello? | 你好 |
[41:09] | Rafael, it’s Dennis. | 拉斐尔 我是丹尼斯 |
[41:11] | Do you know where your sister is? | 你知道你姐姐在哪吗 |
[41:13] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[41:14] | Well, we just found out that all the money | 我们刚刚发现 |
[41:16] | from Rose’s Satin Road was funneled into | 萝丝网站的全部的钱 |
[41:17] | an account under her name. | 被汇入了她名下的账户中 |
[41:19] | We think they’re still working together. | 我们认为他们还在同谋 |
[41:24] | I’ll call you right back. | 我会再打给你 |
[41:44] | Which brings us to our… | 我们来到了 |