时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | That Jack is quite delightful. | 杰克很讨人喜欢嘛 |
[00:05] | It’s Joe who’s going places. | 真正成功的 将会是乔 |
[00:07] | I love you, Son. | 我爱你 儿子 |
[00:08] | I need to get out there, | 我必须离开那儿 |
[00:09] | and I need to do something that matters, | 我必须做点有意义的事 |
[00:11] | His PT Boat was rammed by a Japanese destroyer. | 他的鱼雷艇被一艘日本驱逐舰撞沉了 |
[00:13] | But your son and the rest of his crew are unaccounted for | 但令郎和其他船员目前仍然下落不明 |
[00:16] | His getting decorated only helps this family. | 他被表彰对我们家来说只有好处 |
[00:18] | It doesn’t help me! | 对我可没有 |
[00:19] | Everything is part of God’s plan. | 冥冥之中自有安排 |
[00:22] | It’s part of God’s plan to let Joe die… | 那上帝就安排让乔去死吗 |
[00:25] | It’s up to you now, Jack. | 重担都落到你身上了 杰克 |
[00:28] | – To do what? – Carry on for your brother. | -做什么呢 -继续你哥哥未竟的事业 |
[02:12] | Well, no. That’s just it. | 不 仅此而已 |
[02:14] | That’s why said I want precinct captains | 所以我才要各位选区管理员 |
[02:15] | to call in every half-hour. | 每半小时打电话过来 |
[02:18] | Well… well, of course they can reverse the charges. | 费用当然由我们来承担 |
[02:22] | Yeah. All right. All right. All right. Bye. | 好的 没错 是的 再见 |
[02:26] | The, uh, polls have been open in the west for an hour. | 西部地区的投票已经开始一小时了 |
[02:29] | When we get back from voting, | 投票回来后 |
[02:30] | I want to talk to you | 我想和你讨论一下 |
[02:31] | – about some cabinet choices. – No, no. | -下届内阁的一些人选 -不用了 |
[02:32] | That’s for your transition team. | 那应该是你的过渡小组考虑的事 |
[02:33] | After today, I’m retired. | 过了今天 我就退休了 |
[02:35] | I just want to know who’s on your mind. | 我就是想知道你中意的人选 |
[02:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:41] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[02:42] | See now, that… that’s perfect for today. | 快看 这身打扮很适合今天这场合 |
[02:44] | – Look, you look great in that color. – Thank you. | -这颜色和你很配了 -谢谢 |
[02:48] | Put yourself down for, uh, secretary of wardrobe. | 你开始屈尊当上”服饰总管”了 |
[02:52] | Yeah? | 好了吗 |
[02:55] | Let’s go vote for president. | 我们去投总统一票吧 |
[02:56] | Fine. | 好的 |
[02:59] | Vice president Nixon and his wife Pat | 副总统尼克松携妻子帕特 |
[03:01] | voted in the playroom of | 在加州惠提尔镇上的 |
[03:03] | a private home in Whittier, California… | 一处私家宅邸中的娱乐室内投下选票 |
[03:05] | the Los Angeles suburb | 尼克松先生就是在这个位于 |
[03:06] | where Mr. Nixon grew up. | 洛杉矶近郊的小镇上长大 |
[03:12] | Mr. Nixon’s running mate on the GOP ticket, | 尼克松先生的共和党竞选伙伴 |
[03:15] | Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, | 亨利·加博·洛基大使 |
[03:17] | was almost totally overshadowed on election day | 在选举当日的风头几乎完全被 |
[03:19] | by the popular concentration on the principles. | 民众对总统候选人的关注所掩盖 |
[03:22] | Well, it’s my back. | 我的背又疼了 |
[03:23] | Do you want a pill? Are you okay? | 要吃点药吗 没事吧 |
[03:25] | No, no. I’m loaded up on this, | 不用了 这个普鲁卡因 |
[03:27] | uh, procaine. | 我吃得够多了 |
[03:29] | Oh, Jack. | 可怜的杰克 |
[03:30] | Careful. The hair. | 当心点 别碰到头发 |
[03:32] | Life Magazine says | 《生活》杂志上说 |
[03:33] | women like you unkempt. | 女选民们喜欢你不修边幅的样子 |
[03:35] | Is that true? | 真的吗 |
[03:37] | Well, we need men… | 我们也需要男人的支持 |
[03:39] | older men… | 尤其是年长的男人 |
[03:39] | and they prefer their presidents kempt. | 他们更喜欢干净利落的总统 |
[03:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:48] | This… | 整个 |
[03:49] | President. | 竞选总统 |
[03:51] | Unbelievable. | 简直难以置信 |
[03:53] | 查尔斯镇 | |
[03:55] | Why are we running in Charlestown? | 我们为啥要来查尔斯镇 |
[03:57] | I mean, I’ve never even been here. | 我从没来过这里 |
[03:59] | We should be in Back bay or Beacon Hill… | 我们该去后湾区或是比肯山 |
[04:01] | people I have something in common with. | 在那里才有与我们志同道合的人 |
[04:03] | They’d never elect a Catholic in Back Bay. | 后湾区的人绝不会推选一名天主教徒 |
[04:05] | Charlestown’s full of ’em… | 查尔斯镇住的都是 |
[04:07] | second-generation micks with calluses on their hands. | 满手老茧的第二代爱尔兰移民 |
[04:10] | Suppose I should mention | 那我是不是要说 |
[04:11] | my calluses are from trimming sails? | 我手上的老茧也是整理船帆磨出来的 |
[04:33] | Thanks, Pat. Spread it around. | 谢谢你 帕特 把这个发给大家 |
[04:37] | Be right down! | 马上下来 |
[04:45] | This is where you grew up. | 你就是在这地方长大的 |
[04:48] | Yeah. Hellhole even then. | 对啊 当年就是人间地狱 |
[04:51] | Believe me, the only good thing about starting at the bottom is, | 相信我 在社会底层长大的唯一好处就是 |
[04:53] | you sure as hell know where you don’t want to end up. | 你很清楚自己不想在这里终老一生 |
[04:57] | Here he is… Mr. Charlestown. | 他回来了 查尔斯镇的包打听先生 |
[05:05] | Good to see you again, Mr. Ambassador. | 很高兴又见面了 大使先生 |
[05:06] | Hiya, Jimmy. | 你好 吉米 |
[05:08] | And this is the candidate. | 这位一定就是候选人吧 |
[05:09] | I’m Jimmy Ryan, Jack. | 杰克 我叫吉米·莱恩 |
[05:11] | Jimmy knows Charlestown inside out. | 吉米对查尔斯镇了如指掌 |
[05:13] | You’re a good-looking kid. | 真是个英俊的小伙子 |
[05:14] | Uh, we have a problem of perception. | 民众的认同还是个问题 |
[05:17] | As far as people are concerned, | 目前对大家而言 |
[05:17] | Jack’s a rich man’s son | 杰克只不过是个富家子弟 |
[05:19] | who’s out of touch with the people who live on these streets. | 而且从来没有和生活在这里的人们接触过 |
[05:22] | Of course, we do have some things going for us. | 当然 也有对我们有利的事情 |
[05:24] | Jack’s a war hero. | 杰克是位战斗英雄 |
[05:26] | It was accidental. They sank my boat. | 那只是场意外 他们撞沉了我的船 |
[05:28] | A modest hero with a sense of humor. | 还是一位谦虚风趣的英雄 |
[05:30] | That’s grand. | 真是难能可贵 |
[05:31] | Saved his entire crew. | 他救了所有船员 |
[05:33] | Swam 3 miles through shark-infested waters, | 他用牙齿咬着一位战友救生衣上的细绳 |
[05:35] | towing a fella by the string of his life jacket in his teeth. | 拖着他在鲨鱼遍布的海上游了三英里 |
[05:38] | – There were no sharks. – Well, there are now. | -其实当时没有鲨鱼 -现在有了 |
[05:40] | All right, Jimmy. | 好了 吉米 |
[05:42] | A warm stove in every apartment, | 给每间房子安上暖炉 |
[05:43] | a beer in every icebox. | 每家冰箱送上啤酒 |
[05:45] | If a bum needs a drink, | 流浪汉要酒喝 |
[05:46] | if a stiff needs a wake… | 或者逝者要守灵之类的 |
[05:47] | and let me know when that’s gone. | 钱花完了马上告诉我 |
[05:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:52] | Charlestown may be shanty, | 查尔斯镇也许只是个小地方 |
[05:54] | but, uh, it knows when it’s being sold a bill of goods. | 但这些老把戏在这里还是吃不开的 |
[05:57] | We’ll be running against fellas who were born and raised here, | 我们的竞选对手生在这里长在这里 |
[06:00] | and they live to campaign. It’s in their blood. | 他们为竞选而生 那是与生俱来的 |
[06:02] | Now I can show Jack the ropes… | 我可以告诉杰克一些窍门 |
[06:04] | teach him how to drink whiskey, | 教他怎么喝威士忌 |
[06:05] | slap backs, and kiss babies, | 怎么拍人家背 怎么亲人家孩子 |
[06:08] | but if he doesn’t really want to do this, | 但如果他不是真心愿意做 |
[06:10] | the campaign is doomed before it begins. | 那这场竞选在开始之前就输定了 |
[06:16] | Show him the ropes. | 教他几招吧 |
[06:37] | No one gets elected from Charlestown | 除非得到码头工人的祝福 |
[06:38] | unless the longshoremen give ’em their blessing. | 否则谁都无法获得查尔斯镇百姓的支持 |
[06:41] | Thought that’s what priests were for. | 我以为这是神父的活儿呢 |
[06:43] | And do me a favor. | 算帮我个忙 |
[06:44] | Don’t mention that you never worked a day in your life. | 千万别说你长这么大都没干过正经工作 |
[06:46] | Timmy Doolan, say hello to Jack Kennedy. | 提米·杜兰 过来和杰克·肯尼迪打个招呼 |
[06:49] | How are ya, Timmy? | 你好 提米 |
[06:51] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[06:53] | Hope you show me some consideration in the election. | 希望诸位能在竞选中支持我 |
[06:55] | Hi there. How are you? | 大家好 你们好 |
[06:56] | Jack. I’m Jack. I hope, uh, | 我是杰克 我希望 |
[06:58] | you make it to the polls this year. | 今年各位都能参加投票 |
[07:00] | – Running for Congress. – How are you? How are you? | -竞选国会议员 -你好 你好 |
[07:02] | I hope I’ll get you in, uh, voting this year. | 我希望今年能得到各位的选票 |
[07:04] | Hi there. | 你们好 |
[07:04] | Jack Kennedy. Running for Congress. | 国会议员候选人 杰克·肯尼迪 |
[07:06] | Hi. Jack Kennedy. | 我是杰克·肯尼迪 |
[07:10] | Ladies, you coming down here or what? | 女士们不想下来吗 |
[07:12] | Hey! This is where all the action is. | 下面才真热闹呢 |
[07:13] | Tomorrow’s Feast of the Assumption. | 明天是圣母安息日 |
[07:15] | Jack should go to mass at St. Bernardine’s | 杰克应该去圣伯纳迪恩教堂去做弥撒 |
[07:17] | and glad-hand the wives and mothers. | 拉拢那些妇女 |
[07:18] | Tomorrow night there’s a wake for Dan Murphy’s uncle Pat. | 明晚会有人给丹·墨菲的叔叔帕特守灵 |
[07:21] | Jack needs to pay his respects. | 杰克要过去致哀 |
[07:23] | I don’t even know the guy. | 我都不认识那个人 |
[07:24] | Doesn’t matter. Pat was beloved. | 那无所谓 因为帕特受人爱戴 |
[07:27] | I actually have a date tomorrow night. | 其实 我明晚有一个约会 |
[07:28] | Send her over to me. | 送她来我这儿 |
[07:29] | You’re going to the wake. | 你得去参加守灵 |
[07:34] | What the hell is that? | 那边到底是什么情况 |
[07:36] | Joseph Russo. | 约瑟夫·罗素 |
[07:38] | I never heard of him. | 我怎么从来没听说过 |
[07:40] | Doesn’t matter. | 不要紧 |
[07:40] | Every Italian in this district has, | 这里所有意大利裔都认识他 |
[07:42] | and that’s a substantial amount of votes. | 他可能会拉到很大一笔选票 |
[07:45] | Enough to win? | 多到能赢吗 |
[07:47] | Enough to hurt us. | 多到能威胁我们 |
[07:54] | And that is, uh, one of the reasons why I, | 这就是我最初决定 |
[07:57] | uh, chose to run in this campaign, uh, to begin with. | 参加竞选国会议员的 呃 原因之一 |
[08:01] | Um, having won the, uh, war, | 我们赢得了 呃 战争 |
[08:03] | we must now win the peace. | 还得能守得住和平 |
[08:05] | Um… you know, I don’t believe | 我不相信 |
[08:07] | that opportunity is a, uh, privilege. | 这个机会是一种 呃 福祉 |
[08:09] | I believe it… that it’s a-a right, | 我相信它更是一种权利 |
[08:12] | and the people of Charlestown here, | 在座的各位查尔斯镇的父老乡亲们 |
[08:14] | uh, they’ll tell you, | 呃 他们会告诉你 |
[08:15] | uh, they want less jobs. | 呃 他们想要更少的工作机会 |
[08:17] | Um… they want… more jobs is what they want, | 不 他们想要更多的工作机会 |
[08:21] | and, uh, the fact of the matter is that opportunity is, um, | 真正问题在于 这里的人民 呃 |
[08:24] | is what people in this area, uh, are striving for right now… | 奋力以求的正是 呃 这种权利 |
[08:27] | We need new speech writers. | 要换个演讲稿写手 |
[08:29] | I believe, uh, uh, not bureaucratic red tape… | 我相信 呃 不需要官僚主义的繁文缛节 |
[08:32] | It’s not what he’s sayin’. | 问题不是他说什么 |
[08:33] | It’s how he’s sayin’ it… | 而是他说话的样子 |
[08:36] | like English wasn’t his mother tongue. | 根本就不像个美国人在说话 |
[08:38] | We, uh, we’ve got to, uh, find opportunities, | 我们 呃 我们必须要 呃 寻求机会 |
[08:42] | and, uh, uh, try to, uh… | 然后 试着去 去 |
[08:45] | Uh, work on that, | 致力于此 |
[08:47] | rather than, uh, you know, missing, uh, | 而不必纠缠于 |
[08:49] | the… the, um, areas that we are missing in. | 已经失去的部分 |
[08:53] | I-I can’t do this! | 我做不到 |
[08:56] | You want me to be Joe, and I’m not! | 你想让我成为乔 但我不是他 |
[08:59] | Well, that’s obvious. | 我当然知道 |
[09:00] | Well, then save your money, for Christ sake! | 那就省省你的钱吧 天哪 |
[09:02] | End it right now! I can’t win. | 到此为止吧 我赢不了 |
[09:05] | Yes, you can. Your name is Kennedy, | 你能赢 你是肯尼迪家的人 |
[09:06] | and Kennedys never come second, ever. | 肯尼迪家的人从不屈居人后 |
[09:10] | I’ve been listening to this since I was 4. | 这话我从小听到大 |
[09:12] | Well, you can listen to it some more, | 那就给我继续听下去 |
[09:14] | till it sinks in. | 直到听进去为止 |
[09:24] | There’s no ambiguity in him. | 他从来都是说一不二 |
[09:26] | It’s exhausting. | 累死我了 |
[09:28] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[09:29] | What do I want to do? | 我想怎么办 |
[09:30] | I want to go to Harvard and teach history, chase girls. | 我想去哈佛教教历史 泡泡姑娘 |
[09:36] | I’m not running against Russo and the others. | 我这哪里是和罗素这些人竞选 |
[09:37] | I’m running against a ghost. | 完全是白费功夫 |
[09:39] | I don’t envy you, lad. | 老弟 我知道你有苦衷 |
[09:55] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[09:58] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起来晚了 |
[10:00] | Use these. | 拄上拐 |
[10:01] | What? What for? | 什么 这是干嘛 |
[10:02] | You’re a war hero. Look like one. | 你是战斗英雄 就得做个样子 |
[10:04] | No. | 不要 |
[10:05] | And now it’s my great pleasure | 接下来有幸向大家介绍 |
[10:08] | to introduce to you a young man… | 这位年轻人 |
[10:09] | Gold Star Mothers, Jack. | 这里可是金星母亲协会 杰克 |
[10:12] | Every one of ’em lost a son in the war. | 她们都有儿子战死沙场 |
[10:14] | They’ll be lookin’ at you, but they’ll be seein’ them. | 她们看的是你 想的可是自己的儿子 |
[10:17] | Mr. Jack Kennedy. | 有请杰克·肯尼迪先生 |
[10:23] | 美国金星母亲 第五分会 | |
[10:26] | Um, having won the war, | 在赢得了战争之后 |
[10:27] | we must now win the peace. | 我们还要守住和平 |
[10:29] | Uh, prosperity is a, uh, privilege. | 繁荣是一种福祉 |
[10:33] | Um, not only a privilege, but also a right, | 但又不只是一种福祉 更是一种权利 |
[10:36] | and I believe, as a congressman, | 我相信 作为国会议员的我 |
[10:38] | uh, these are the sorts of organizations | 非常愿意帮助 |
[10:40] | I would, uh, very much like to help, | 这样的组织 |
[10:43] | and if I have the honor of representing you in Congress, | 如果有幸在国会中成为诸位的代表 |
[10:45] | I can tell you right now that that’ll be, uh, uh, | 我现在就向你们保证 |
[10:48] | something that we will, um, work to, uh, to further, | 一定会致力于促进这项事业 |
[10:52] | and we can… we can help organizations like this, | 我们可以帮助这样的组织 |
[10:56] | and I can do that for all of you. | 我一定会帮助你们 |
[10:58] | I can do that, uh, | 我一定会实行 |
[10:59] | uh, by, uh, various tax incentives. | 各种赋税刺激措施 |
[11:02] | Um, we can… | 我们可以 |
[11:19] | I, uh… | 我 |
[11:21] | I think I know how, uh, many of you feel. | 我能理解你们很多人的感受 |
[11:24] | My, uh… | 我的 |
[11:27] | my mother is a part of this organization. | 我母亲也是这个组织的成员 |
[11:28] | She’s a Gold Star Mother as well. | 她也是”金星母亲”的一员 |
[11:32] | Our house is filled with many memories, | 我的家庭也有着和你们同样的 |
[11:35] | just like yours. | 伤心回忆 |
[11:38] | We, uh… we see my brother… | 我们家到处 |
[11:43] | we see his smile everywhere, | 都有哥哥微笑的照片 |
[11:46] | and my mother cries for him, | 母亲经常为他哭泣 |
[11:49] | and there isn’t a day that goes by | 我们没有一天 |
[11:52] | that we don’t think of Joe. | 不在想念乔 |
[11:55] | He’ll always be with us, | 他永远和我们在一起 |
[11:57] | the same way that your sons will always be with you. | 就像你们的儿子也永远和你们在一起 |
[12:04] | And I would say that this is exactly the sort of organization | 我要说我们就是要 |
[12:07] | that we are gonna support. | 全力支持这样的组织 |
[12:09] | This is the sort of organization that needs our help, | 这样的组织需要我们的帮助 |
[12:12] | and we’re gonna give it to ’em! | 我们也一定倾力相助 |
[12:14] | This is the sort of organization that I believe in. | 对这样的组织 我绝对信任 |
[12:17] | Let me represent this district in Congress, | 请让我在国会中代表本选区 |
[12:20] | and I will serve your interests! | 我会为你们谋幸福的 |
[12:25] | Ma’am, I appreciate that. Thank you so much. Thank you. | 女士 谢谢你 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[12:27] | This is my… this is my son. | 这是我儿子 |
[12:29] | He was lost at sea. | 他是在海上失踪的 |
[12:34] | They liked him. | 她们真心喜欢他 |
[12:36] | That’s ’cause he spoke from the heart. | 他的话发自肺腑 |
[12:38] | That’s what it’s all about. | 所以才会这样 |
[12:40] | So what do you think, Jimmy? | 你看呢 吉米 |
[12:41] | I think we turned a corner tonight. | 今晚终于见到转机 |
[12:42] | I think we’re gonna make it. | 我想我们赢定了 |
[12:43] | We’re gonna try. | 我们会尽力的 |
[12:45] | What do you mean “try”? | 什么叫”尽力” |
[12:46] | I’m still worried about Russo. | 我还是担心罗素 |
[12:48] | We’re behind in his district. | 我们在他的选区仍然落后 |
[12:50] | Well, what are we doing about it? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[12:51] | You think I should throw more money at it? | 投入更多的资金吗 |
[12:53] | Money’s not the problem. | 问题不在钱 |
[12:54] | Neither’s organization. | 也不在组织 |
[12:56] | We’ve got more volunteers than anyone. | 我们的志愿者是最多的 |
[12:57] | We got the Kennedy razzle-dazzle. | 我们还有肯尼迪家族的响亮名号 |
[13:00] | But we’re Irish, and Russo’s Italian, | 但我们是爱尔兰裔 罗素是意大利裔 |
[13:03] | and there’s nothing you can do about that. | 在这点上我们无能为力 |
[13:18] | Here he comes. Mr. Kennedy! | 他来了 肯尼迪先生 |
[13:19] | Hey, Jimmy. How are ya? | 吉米 你好 |
[13:21] | How are you feeling today, sir? Mr. Mills. | 米尔斯先生 今天还好吗 |
[13:23] | – We need you right here. – Okay. Okay. | -请到这边 -好的 |
[13:25] | – I think you need that, right? – There it is. Nice. | -要出示这个 对吧 -对 好的 |
[13:30] | – So right over here? – Right. | -在那边对吗 -对 |
[13:33] | Mr. Russo! Let’s get a shot of the new candidates! | 罗素先生 两位新晋候选人来张合影 |
[13:35] | Come on, Mr. Kennedy. | 请到这边 肯尼迪先生 |
[13:36] | Shake hands and smile. | 请握手微笑 |
[13:40] | There we go. | 好了 |
[13:42] | That was a lousy trick, Jack. | 杰克 这招可真卑鄙 |
[13:45] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[13:47] | Like you don’t know. | 别装糊涂 |
[14:11] | I, uh, would like to know why there’s a, | 我想知道怎么还有一个 |
[14:12] | uh, second Joseph Russo on the ballot. | 约瑟夫·罗素参选 |
[14:14] | I put him there. | 我安排的 |
[14:16] | Well, who the hell is he? | 那人到底是谁啊 |
[14:18] | He’s a plumber. He works up the street. | 一个水管工 修街道管道的 |
[14:21] | He doesn’t speak any English, | 他连英语都不会说 |
[14:22] | does he, Jimmy? | 是吧 吉米 |
[14:23] | Uh, no, sir. He doesn’t. | 是的 不会说 |
[14:26] | You put him there to confuse people? | 你安排他是要混淆视听 |
[14:27] | I put him on the ballot | 我要让他参选 |
[14:29] | to split the Italian vote. | 分流意大利人的选票 |
[14:30] | There’s nothing illegal about it, Jack. | 杰克 这又不违法 |
[14:32] | It’s the way the game’s played around here. | 游戏就是这么玩的 |
[14:36] | Congratulations! | 祝贺 |
[14:43] | Hey, quiet, quiet, quiet! | 安静 安静 安静 |
[14:44] | Quiet, everybody! Quiet down! | 大家安静 安静一下 |
[14:47] | To the next congressman from Charlestown… | 敬来自查尔斯镇的下任国会议员 |
[14:50] | Jack Kennedy! | 杰克·肯尼迪 |
[14:55] | Kennedy! | 肯尼迪 |
[15:08] | So the, uh, projections are looking good in North Carolina. | 北卡罗来纳选情很好 |
[15:11] | Just not so hot in West Virginia. | 但西弗吉尼亚反响一般 |
[15:12] | Oh, I knew that’d be tough. | 之前就料到很难 |
[15:14] | He just walked in. | 他刚进来 |
[15:15] | Too many Baptists. | 浸信会教徒太多 |
[15:17] | I think we’re gonna win this thing, Dad, | 爸 我觉得我们赢定了 |
[15:18] | but, uh, when we do, | 不过如果我们真的赢了 |
[15:19] | Jack’s gonna need some serious guys | 杰克还需要一些 |
[15:21] | to help him run this country, | 治国安邦的得力助手 |
[15:22] | and all he knows is politicians up to the present time. | 而他现在结识的都是些政客之流 |
[15:24] | I have a list of names. | 我已经列了个名单 |
[15:26] | Mr. Ambassador, Sinatra called again. | 大使先生 辛纳特拉打来电话 |
[15:27] | It’s the third time. | 这是第三次了 |
[15:28] | He’s upset because I pulled Sammy Davis from his TV show. | 他这么着急是因为我没让塞米·戴维斯上他的节目 |
[15:31] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[15:32] | He helps us with the Negro vote as well as the Jewish vote. | 他能帮我们争取黑人和犹太人的选票 |
[15:35] | He’s black, and his wife is white. | 他是黑人 可他老婆是白人 |
[15:37] | Every time the two show their faces, | 他们只要同时出现 |
[15:37] | 1960年代 美国实行种族隔离制度 在亚拉巴马州最为严重 | |
[15:39] | we lose a precinct in Alabama. | 我们在亚拉巴马州就要失掉一城 |
[15:42] | Am I the only one who understands politics around here? | 难道我是这屋里唯一一个懂政治的吗 |
[15:44] | Yeah, you’re the only one, Dad. The only one. | 对 就您老一个 老爸 |
[15:50] | I don’t particularly care what happens really. | 我其实并不怎么关心选情 |
[15:52] | I mean, after today, I’m done. | 反正过了今天就完事了 |
[15:53] | Don’t let him get to you. | 别把爸爸的话放在心上 |
[15:55] | Yeah, I know. I-I’m just tired of it. | 我知道 我就是有些受不了 |
[15:58] | Seems like, uh, everything I do is wrong. | 好像我做什么都是错的 |
[16:02] | Look, he’s just on edge. | 他只是太紧张了 |
[16:04] | He’s been waiting 50 years for this day. | 他等这一天足足等了五十年 |
[16:06] | By tomorrow he’ll be telling the world what a genius you are. | 明天他就会满世界地夸你有多出色 |
[16:09] | No, no. No, it’s quite clear in his mind, | 才不会呢 很明显在他心里 |
[16:11] | I’m an idiot, | 我就是没用 |
[16:11] | and he, uh, did it all himself. | 所以他才会事必躬亲 |
[16:13] | Come on. | 别这么想 |
[16:18] | Oh, well. Just one more day. | 只要再等一天 |
[16:20] | Yeah, and then what? | 对啊 然后怎样 |
[16:22] | Then it’s just Bobby and Ethel… | 然后就只剩下波比和伊索尔 |
[16:25] | two ordinary people living ordinary lives. | 两个普通人过着普通的生活 |
[16:29] | That’s what you wanted, isn’t it? | 那才是你想要的 不是吗 |
[16:31] | I want whatever makes you happy. | 我想要的只是让你快乐 |
[16:35] | Go long. | 跑远点 |
[16:40] | Come on, Kennedy! | 加油啊 肯尼迪 |
[16:42] | You got hands like bricks! | 看你那笨手笨脚的样子 |
[16:44] | Henry Cabot Lodge and I have had the opportunity | 亨利·加博·洛基和我有幸 |
[16:47] | of serving with President Eisenhower… | 能够和艾森豪威尔总统一起服役 |
[16:49] | Hell, I don’t think I’d buy a used car from that man. | 我可绝对不会跟那个人买二手车 |
[16:51] | – Would you, Mike? – Huh? | -你会吗 迈克 -什么 |
[16:53] | Who’d you vote for, Senator? | 参议员先生 您会投票给谁 |
[16:55] | Me? Well, I’m a, uh, | 我 这个嘛 我呢 |
[16:56] | I’m a strict party guy, so… | 我当然阵地明确了 所以 |
[16:59] | Senator. | 参议员先生 |
[17:02] | I’ve, uh, been putting together some clippings, | 我汇总了一些剪报 |
[17:05] | in case your wife might want them. | 以便您夫人需要时可以随时查阅 |
[17:08] | You know, mementos from the election. | 都是一些和竞选有关的东西 |
[17:11] | They’re from all over the country. | 这些报道来自于全国各地 |
[17:12] | Well, that’s very nice of you. Thank you. | 你真的很有心 谢谢 |
[17:16] | If, um… | 如果 |
[17:18] | there’s anything else you need, | 您还有什么其它需要 |
[17:20] | – I’m happy to do anything. – Thank you. | -我什么都愿意做 -谢谢你 |
[17:23] | Cynthia. | 我叫辛西娅 |
[17:25] | Cynthia. | 辛西娅 |
[17:33] | Are you okay? | 没事吧你 |
[17:34] | I mean, what… what are you doing, uh, with her? | 你和她搭上干什么 |
[17:36] | We were having conversation. Just talking. It was… | 我们刚刚在谈话 就是聊聊天 |
[17:39] | Well, I-I think it would be much safer | 我想你还是老老实实和我聊天 |
[17:40] | if you just talk to me. | 比较安全一点 |
[17:42] | I-I’m right here. Just talk to me. | 我就在这里 有话跟我说就行 |
[17:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:45] | Recent comments by Senator Kennedy | 最近由肯尼迪参议员撰写的评论 |
[17:48] | have been taken by many southerners to be… | 已被多数南方人当作 |
[17:50] | civil rights legislation. | 民权法案 |
[17:52] | Seem to be costing Mr. Kennedy votes, | 这恐怕会使肯尼迪先生损失部分选票 |
[17:55] | particularly in the rural areas | 尤其是在密西西比州 |
[17:57] | of Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama. | 佐治亚州和亚拉巴马州的农村地区 |
[18:10] | Mike, have you seen my husband? | 迈克 看见我丈夫在哪里了吗 |
[18:11] | Yes, he’s in the war room. | 是的 他在战情室 |
[18:13] | Looks like he’s going to win New York. | 看来他要赢下纽约选区了 |
[18:54] | With the state of New York | 加上目前纽约州 |
[18:55] | now securely in Senator Kennedy’s column… | 给予肯尼迪参议员的稳固支持 |
[18:58] | – How’s it going? – Thank you. | -怎么样了 -谢谢 |
[18:59] | Well, I think it’s going really well. | 我觉得进展相当不错 |
[19:01] | The focus of interest is now turning | 目前的焦点已经转向 |
[19:03] | to the industrial states of the midwest. | 中西部的工业地区 |
[19:05] | You know, I just realized that in a couple of hours, | 我刚刚才意识到 再过几个小时 |
[19:07] | the polls are gonna close on the west coast, | 西岸的投票站就要关闭了 |
[19:09] | and I’ll have nothing left to do but watch TV. | 到时候我除了看电视将无事可做 |
[19:12] | There’s nothing good on tonight anyway. | 反正今晚也没什么好节目 |
[19:18] | So what happens tomorrow? | 那明天将会怎样呢 |
[19:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:22] | Haven’t you heard? I’m officially out of politics. | 你不知道吗 我已经正式离开政界了 |
[19:26] | Have you told your father yet? | 跟你爸爸说了吗 |
[19:28] | No, I think you should do it. | 没有 我觉得这事应该你来说 |
[19:30] | Oh. I don’t think so. | 我可不这么想 |
[19:34] | What if he doesn’t approve? | 万一他不同意怎么办 |
[19:36] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[19:39] | I do have seven children of my own. | 我已经是七个孩子的爸爸了 |
[19:41] | Think I’m allowed to make my own decisions now. | 应该可以自己拿主意 |
[19:44] | Yes. Yes, you are. | 当然可以 |
[19:53] | Hey, kid. I’ve been lookin’ for ya. | 嘿 嫂子 我一直在找你呢 |
[19:57] | Bobby says everything’s going real well. | 波比说一切都进行得相当顺利 |
[20:01] | Great. | 太好了 |
[20:03] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 |
[20:05] | Thank-you cards for the campaign workers. | 是给竞选团队的致谢卡 |
[20:13] | Boy, this has been the most exciting day of my life. | 老天 这是我长这么大最激动的一天了 |
[20:16] | I don’t know how you’re not bursting! | 真不知道你怎么这么平静 |
[20:20] | I rarely burst, Ethel. | 伊索尔 我少有不平静的时候 |
[20:23] | Jackie, you are gonna be the first lady of the United States. | 杰姬 你就要成为美利坚合众国的第一夫人了 |
[20:28] | It’s, uh… | 这个 |
[20:30] | I can hardly think about it. | 我都不太敢想这件事 |
[20:33] | It’s all so unreal. | 这一切都太不真实了 |
[20:35] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[20:37] | Tell me you didn’t know this was gonna happen | 你肯定在第一次见到杰克的时候 |
[20:39] | the first time you met Jack. | 就预见到这一天的到来了吧 |
[20:44] | It only occurred to me the first time I met Joe. | 我只在第一次遇见乔的时候这样想过 |
[20:47] | The east coast results are coming in. | 东海岸的结果马上就要出来了 |
[20:50] | I’m gonna go watch the returns. Are you coming? | 我要去看选举结果公报 你要来吗 |
[20:54] | I’ll be there in a minute. | 我待会儿过去 |
[21:12] | Jack, can I pull you away for a moment? | 杰克 你能跟我过来一下吗 |
[21:14] | There’s someone I’d like you to meet right over there. | 那边有个人我想介绍你认识 |
[21:20] | Started to turn, and then… | 开始转圈 然后 |
[21:24] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[21:24] | Excuse me. Charlie. How are you? | 失陪一下 查理 你好 |
[21:28] | – Good to see you. – Good to see you. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[21:30] | Jacqueline Bouvier, | 这位是杰奎琳·布维尔 |
[21:32] | Congressman Jack Kennedy. | 这位是国会议员杰克·肯尼迪 |
[21:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:35] | Jackie’s the roving photographer for the Times-herald. | 杰姬是《时代先驱报》的自由摄影记者 |
[21:38] | Before that, | 在那之前 |
[21:38] | she worked in the Paris office of Vogue. | 她在《Vogue》杂志巴黎办公室工作 |
[21:41] | – And Jack… – Needs no introduction. | -而杰克 -无需介绍了 |
[21:44] | Well, I’ve, uh, I’ve read your column. | 我读过你的专栏 |
[21:47] | I’ve read your speeches. | 我也读过你的演说词 |
[21:48] | Oh, you’ve read the, uh, congressional record? | 你读过国会议事录 |
[21:51] | Christ sake, it’s the, uh, dullest thing on paper. | 看在上帝的份上 那是最无聊的读物了 |
[21:53] | Well, that’s the challenge… | 所以挑战就在于 |
[21:55] | trying to find signs of intelligent life. | 能否找到几个有思想的人 |
[21:59] | Jackie! | 杰姬 |
[22:02] | So, uh, what do you do when you’re not, uh, photographing? | 那你不摄影的时候都做些什么 |
[22:06] | I ride horses. | 骑马 |
[22:10] | And what do you do when you’re not congressing… | 那你不在国会 或者不在 |
[22:13] | or cutting a swath through Washington’s women? | 华盛顿游戏花间的时候都干些什么呢 |
[22:16] | You have quite a reputation. | 你可是花名在外啊 |
[22:18] | It’s not true. | 那都是假的 |
[22:19] | If half of it were, I’d be dead by now. | 要是有一半是真的 我早就小命不保了 |
[22:21] | Or cast in bronze. | 或者被铸成铜像留名青史了 |
[22:24] | I, uh, I sail. I go up to the cape. | 我出海去 到科德角[美国半岛] |
[22:27] | My stepfather has a summer home in Newport. | 我继父在纽波特有一幢避暑别墅 |
[22:29] | Yeah, I like the winters up there. | 没错 我喜欢那里的冬天 |
[22:31] | For sailing or… swathing? | 喜欢出海还是 方便游戏花间 |
[22:33] | No, really. | 没有 我说真的 |
[22:34] | You get those, uh, 10-foot swells | 那里会有十英尺高的海浪 |
[22:36] | and that, uh, spray against your face. | 还会有浪花飞溅到你的脸上 |
[22:38] | It’s like, uh, needles of ice. | 感觉就像 小冰针一样 |
[22:41] | You should’ve been a writer. | 你应该去当作家的 |
[22:44] | Well, that was the plan at one time. | 有一阵我的确想过 |
[22:50] | Very nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[22:51] | You, too. | 我也一样 |
[22:59] | Congratulations. You hooked him. | 恭喜 你把他迷住了 |
[23:03] | Trust me. I could see it from the bar. | 相信我 我从吧台那边都能看得出来 |
[23:05] | He’s not interested. | 他看不上我 |
[23:07] | Did he proposition you? | 他对你有什么非分举动吗 |
[23:11] | Then he’s interested. | 那就是看上你了 |
[23:33] | How was your ride? | 骑得怎么样 |
[23:35] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[23:36] | You should’ve come along, Mother. | 你应该一起来的 妈妈 |
[23:39] | I have to go. Jack’s taking me to dinner. | 我得走了 杰克马上要来接我去吃晚餐 |
[23:42] | Join me for one drink. | 跟我喝一杯吧 |
[23:53] | You’re kidding yourself if you think this is going somewhere. | 如果你以为你们能走到一起 那就是自欺欺人 |
[23:57] | Jack Kennedy can have any woman he wants. | 杰克·肯尼迪想要什么女人都可以 |
[24:03] | Well, he wants me. | 他想要的是我 |
[24:06] | Then he must not mind big shoulders, tiny breasts, | 那他一定不介意宽肩膀 平胸脯 |
[24:09] | – feet the size of… – Just stop it. | -脚大得 -别说了 |
[24:12] | I’m just trying to protect you. | 我这是在保护你 |
[24:14] | Well, don’t. | 那就不要管我 |
[24:17] | He’s asked me to marry him. | 他已经跟我求过婚了 |
[24:23] | I hope you haven’t said yes. | 但愿你还没答应 |
[24:30] | Joe Kennedy raised his sons | 乔·肯尼迪教他的儿子们 |
[24:32] | to take what they want | 不择手段得到想要的东西 |
[24:33] | and discard what they want, | 然后就弃如敝履 |
[24:35] | with not a flicker of concern for anyone else. | 完全不顾及任何其他人的感受 |
[24:37] | Well, that’s not Jack. | 杰克不是那样的 |
[24:39] | Don’t delude yourself, darling. | 别骗自己了 宝贝闺女 |
[24:42] | He’ll never be faithful, | 他永远不会忠于你 |
[24:44] | not for a single day. | 一天都不会 |
[24:47] | He’s just like his father. | 他就跟他的父亲一样 |
[24:49] | Just like your father. | 也跟你的父亲一样 |
[24:50] | Why can’t you just be happy for me? | 你为什么就不能为我感到高兴呢 |
[24:53] | Because you’re a silly little girl, | 因为你是个傻丫头 |
[24:55] | and you’re infatuated with a public man | 还迷恋上了一个公众人物 |
[24:57] | who will hurt you every chance he gets. | 一个会反复伤害你的男人 |
[24:58] | He loves me, and I love him, | 他爱我 我也爱他 |
[25:00] | and it’s an emotion you can’t understand. | 这种感觉你是理解不了的 |
[25:02] | Well, then marry him, and good luck to both of you. | 行 你嫁给他吧 我祝你们俩好运 |
[25:09] | Well, I don’t know why you let her get to you like this. | 我不明白你怎么会容忍她这么对你 |
[25:10] | She’s, uh, never approved of anything you’ve done. | 她觉得你做什么都不对 |
[25:13] | This is your decision. Right? | 这是你自己的决定 对吗 |
[25:17] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[25:22] | Are you having second thoughts? | 你犹豫了吗 |
[25:26] | – Are you sure marriage is what you really want? – I am. | -你确定真的想结婚吗 -是的 |
[25:33] | And are you sure I’m who you want? | 那你确定我就是你想娶的那个人吗 |
[25:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:38] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:44] | I’ll take care of you the rest of my life. | 我会用我的余生守护你照顾你 |
[25:48] | Will you let me do that? | 你愿意给我这个机会吗 |
[25:54] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[26:20] | I’ve got him on the line right now. | 他现在在线上 |
[26:32] | Great job. | 干得好 |
[26:34] | Mother? I-I just heard, we’re gonna take Virginia. | 妈 我刚听说我们快拿下弗吉尼亚州了 |
[26:38] | That’s wonderful, Bobby. | 太好了 波比 |
[26:40] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你们 |
[26:41] | Michelle’s made tea. Would you like some? | 米歇尔泡了茶 你要来点吗 |
[26:43] | No, no, I’m fine. Thank you. Uh, where’s Dad? | 不用了 谢谢 爸爸在哪儿 |
[26:45] | In his office. | 在他办公室里 |
[26:48] | You must be very proud of Bobby. | 你一定很为波比感到骄傲 |
[26:51] | I’m proud of all my children, dear, | 我为我所有的孩子们感到骄傲 亲爱的 |
[26:53] | but he is a little special to me. | 但是他对我来说有一点特别 |
[26:56] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[26:58] | The older boys were Joe’s. | 他的几个哥哥都跟老乔比较亲 |
[27:01] | Bobby’s mine. | 只有波比跟我亲 |
[27:07] | No, no, no. Just listen to me. | 不 不 你听我说 |
[27:10] | Tell him the situation we discussed. | 告诉他我们讨论过的情况 |
[27:12] | He’ll be extremely happy with the outcome. | 结果会让他很高兴的 |
[27:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:16] | All right. Gotta run. | 好的 我挂电话了 |
[27:18] | Dad, my, uh, source at NBC said, uh, | 爸爸 NBC有消息说 |
[27:20] | they’re gonna report we took Virginia. | 他们要报道我们赢得了弗吉尼亚州 |
[27:22] | Ha ha ha! That’s great, Bobby. | 哈哈哈 太好了 波比 |
[27:25] | That means the whole damn eastern seaboard’s | 这么说整个东部沿海地区 |
[27:27] | coming in exactly the way we wanted. | 都在朝着我们希望的方向发展 |
[27:29] | Yeah, I don’t know, Dad. I’m a little worried. | 我不是很确定 爸爸 我有点担心 |
[27:31] | Uh, I think we’re gonna have a difficult time in the midwest. | 我觉得我们在中西部可能会遇到一点麻烦 |
[27:34] | The Midwest’ll be fine. | 中西部不会有问题的 |
[27:35] | we have no choice but to take Illinois. | 我们必须拿下伊利诺伊州 |
[27:36] | We could lose, uh, Michigan and Wisconsin, | 我们可能会输掉密歇根和威斯康辛州 |
[27:39] | which I suspect we will. | 我原本料想的也是这样 |
[27:40] | And, uh, you know, we just can’t afford to lose Illinois. | 伊利诺伊州我们可输不起 |
[27:43] | Oh, we’ll take it. Chicago’ll come through. | 我们不会输的 芝加哥会挺过来的 |
[27:47] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[27:48] | Well, there are more Catholics there than there are in Rome. | 那儿的天主教徒比罗马的还要多 |
[27:51] | I threw enough money at ’em to keep ’em in wafers till 1980. | 我砸进去的钱够他们二十年衣食无忧了 |
[27:54] | So don’t worry. | 所以你不用担心 |
[27:58] | So, uh, what’s on your mind? | 你在想什么呢 |
[28:04] | Uh, well, you know, I, uh, | 这个嘛 我 |
[28:06] | I know it’s gonna be… | 我知道 |
[28:08] | hectic here for the next few weeks, so, uh… | 接下来的几周这儿会非常忙 所以 |
[28:13] | I-I just wanted to, um… | 我只是想 |
[28:16] | Uh, well, I want to discuss with you… | 我想跟你讨论一下 |
[28:20] | what, uh, I want to do after tonight. | 今晚过后我的打算 |
[28:24] | What are you going to do? | 你打算做什么 |
[28:27] | Well, uh, | 我 |
[28:30] | Dad, I-I want to… I want to get out of politics. | 爸爸 我想退出政界 |
[28:34] | I want to, uh, | 我想 |
[28:36] | move the family to Boston | 带一家子搬到波士顿去 |
[28:37] | and, uh, open my own practice, | 开一家我自己的律师事务所 |
[28:41] | spend more time with Ethel and the children. | 多花点时间陪陪伊索尔和孩子们 |
[28:46] | That’s about it, really. | 就这样 真的 |
[28:52] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[28:57] | You really feel that way? | 你真这么认为吗 |
[28:58] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[29:01] | You made a big sacrifice for Jack, | 你为了杰克做出了很大的牺牲 |
[29:03] | and I love you for it. | 我很感激你 |
[29:05] | So whatever you decide to do, | 所以不管你决定做什么 |
[29:06] | I’ll be in your corner, just as I was for Jack. | 我都会支持你 就像我支持杰克一样 |
[29:10] | And I-I know | 我知道 |
[29:12] | I-I rode you pretty hard at times, | 我有时候对你很苛刻 |
[29:16] | but if Jack makes it to the White House, | 但如果杰克成功入主白宫了 |
[29:18] | we both know it was you that put him there. | 我们都知道你功不可没 |
[29:26] | I-I… | 我 |
[29:28] | I really appreciate that, Dad. | 很感激你能这么说 爸爸 |
[29:40] | – Bobby. – Yeah? | -波比 -怎么了 |
[29:48] | Bobby… | 波比 |
[29:53] | Thank you, Bobby, for making my dream come true. | 谢谢你 波比 帮我实现了梦想 |
[30:06] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[30:33] | No, I’m sorry. He’s not available. | 不好意思 他不在 |
[30:37] | He’ll get back to you. | 他会回电话给你的 |
[30:42] | He said he was going out for some air. | 他说他出去透气了 |
[31:02] | I said, uh, I said… | 我说 我说 |
[31:14] | How we doing in the midwest? | 中西部的情况怎么样 |
[31:16] | Midwest is fine. | 挺好的 |
[31:23] | Bobby, she, uh, she works here. | 波比 她在这儿工作 |
[31:26] | So let her work. | 那你让她工作就是了 |
[31:28] | I would appreciate it | 我拜托你 |
[31:29] | if you would just have a little more sensitivity and not do that here. | 稍微敏感一点 别在这儿干那种勾当 |
[31:33] | I mean, Jackie’s upstairs. | 杰姬就在楼上 |
[31:34] | I know where she is. | 我知道她在哪儿 |
[31:40] | You’re unbelievable, you know. | 你真是不可理喻 |
[31:43] | Hey. Always the altar boy, | 你一直都是我的最佳拍档 |
[31:46] | aren’t ya? | 对不对 |
[31:52] | I talked to, uh, Henry Luce today. | 我今天跟亨利·鲁斯谈过了 |
[31:53] | Yeah? What did he say? | 哦 他说什么了 |
[31:55] | I gave it to him for about 45 minutes. | 我给他45分钟采访时间 作为交换 |
[31:58] | He helped me take a look at the article. | 他帮我看了看那篇文章 |
[32:56] | Well, I think I’m, uh, more nervous than you are. | 我觉得我比你还紧张 |
[32:59] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[33:00] | Well, my knee’s still killing me | 我的膝盖还是疼得要死 |
[33:01] | from that blind-side hit you put on me yesterday. | 昨天玩橄榄球的时候被你打了一下 |
[33:05] | No, no, I mean, uh, about getting married. | 不 我是问你对于结婚感觉怎么样 |
[33:09] | All right. All right. | 好了 好了 |
[33:10] | We’ll get this show on the road just as soon | 仪式马上就开始 等我跟新郎 |
[33:12] | as I’ve had a man-to-man talk with the bridegroom. | 说完男人之间的对话 |
[33:15] | Newsreels are turning like it’s a coronation. | 这么多记者 搞得好像加冕礼一样 |
[33:17] | They’re calling it the wedding of the decade. | 他们管这个叫世纪婚礼 |
[33:20] | I will see you at the altar. | 我去圣坛那儿等你 |
[33:21] | No, no. No, you can stay. I’ll be quick. | 别 你就待这儿 我很快就说完 |
[33:24] | I’m renting the cardinal by the hour. | 请来的红衣主教可是按小时付费的 |
[33:29] | You got yourself a good girl. | 你找到了一个好姑娘 |
[33:30] | Jackie’s smart, uh, well-bred, damn attractive. | 杰姬聪明 有教养 还很漂亮 |
[33:35] | That’s all to our advantage. | 这对我们来说都是好事 |
[33:38] | Is that our man-to-man talk? | 这就是男人之间的对话吗 |
[33:41] | No, no. Not exactly. Uh… | 不是 不是这个 |
[33:44] | Just… | 我只想说 |
[33:47] | Just stay discreet. | 行事谨慎一点 |
[33:49] | Wives don’t expect fidelity, | 妻子不指望你对她完全忠诚 |
[33:52] | but they don’t want infidelity thrown in their faces. | 但也不会容忍你的出轨做得太嚣张 |
[33:55] | What? No, no. Dad, why would you even say that? | 爸爸你说什么呢 你怎么能说这种话 |
[33:58] | That’s not true. | 这话一点都不对 |
[34:00] | Jack, remember, you… you take that vow before God. | 记好了杰克 你可是在上帝面前发誓的 |
[34:04] | Sometimes you make me think I’ve failed as a father. | 有时候你让我觉得我这个父亲当得真失败 |
[34:07] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[34:09] | Above all, make sure the girls are discreet. | 最重要的是 找的女人要谨慎一点 |
[34:36] | I knew… | 我知道 |
[34:38] | what I was getting myself into. | 自己嫁给了一个什么样的人 |
[34:41] | I… all the women throwing themselves at him… | 所有的女人都向他投怀送抱 |
[34:48] | I just thought he’d… | 我原以为他会 |
[34:50] | throw some of them back. | 多少会懂得拒绝 |
[34:55] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会跟他谈谈的 |
[34:57] | And tell him what? | 怎么跟他说 |
[34:59] | “Just don’t get caught”? | “小心别被逮到”吗 |
[35:01] | That’s not a solution. | 那样解决不了问题 |
[35:03] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 那你想要我怎样 |
[35:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[35:08] | I just wanted you to know that I’m… | 我只是想让你知道我 |
[35:12] | going to file for divorce. | 要提出离婚 |
[35:18] | Well, y-y-you’re upset. | 你 你现在很生气 |
[35:20] | I-I understand that, but, um… | 我 我能理解 但是 |
[35:24] | He’ll grow up. | 他会成长的 |
[35:27] | He’ll change. | 他会悔改的 |
[35:28] | He can’t change. | 他不可能悔改 |
[35:30] | This is what he is. This is… | 这就是他的本性 是他 |
[35:33] | how he’s been raised. | 从小耳濡目染的 |
[35:36] | Don’t talk to me about how he’s been raised. | 他是怎样长大的我比你更清楚 |
[35:43] | Jackie, if you, uh, | 杰姬 如果你 |
[35:47] | if you divorce him, his career would be over. | 如果你跟他离婚 他的事业就完了 |
[35:50] | Everything he’s worked for… | 他为之奋斗的一切 |
[35:52] | It would destroy him. | 那样会毁了他的 |
[36:00] | And what about me? | 那我呢 |
[36:04] | Don’t I deserve a life? | 我就不配拥有正常的生活吗 |
[36:07] | Yes, you do, and you’ll have one. | 不 你会如愿以偿的 |
[36:12] | Do you think Jack’s gonna be | 你以为杰克这辈子 |
[36:13] | in the senate for the rest of his life? | 就只会在参议院混吗 |
[36:15] | He’s gonna run for president in 1960 | 他会在1960年竞选总统 |
[36:18] | – and he’s gonna win. – Have you told him? | -并最终获胜 -你跟他提过吗 |
[36:21] | That makes you the first lady at the age of 31. | 到那时 31岁的你就会成为第一夫人 |
[36:25] | What difference does that make if… | 如果他不重视我 就算那样 |
[36:30] | he doesn’t respect me? | 又有什么分别 |
[36:33] | He respects you. | 他重视你 |
[36:36] | And he loves you. | 而且他爱你 |
[36:38] | He keeps telling me all the time, | 他总是不停地对我说 |
[36:40] | you’re the best thing that ever happened. | 你是他这辈子最美丽的邂逅 |
[36:42] | To his career. | 是对他的事业来讲吧 |
[36:44] | To him. | 是对他自身来讲 |
[36:54] | You’re going through a rough patch. | 你在经历一段阵痛期 |
[36:57] | Rough patch? | 阵痛期 |
[37:01] | That’s all I’ve ever known. | 我早就有心理准备了 |
[37:03] | I-I want a husband. I-I want a family. | 我想要一个丈夫 一个家庭 |
[37:06] | And you’ll have them both. I guarantee it. | 你都会得到的 我保证 |
[37:11] | But you have to stay. | 但是你不能离婚 |
[37:16] | I’ll put a million dollars into a trust. | 我会拿出一百万美元做担保 |
[37:18] | If Jack doesn’t make it to the White House, | 如果杰克没能入主白宫 |
[37:20] | you can have your divorce and keep the million dollars. | 你可以离婚 还能拿到一百万 |
[37:26] | You really think everyone can be bought? | 你真的以为有钱能使鬼推磨吗 |
[37:30] | I haven’t met the exception. | 我屡试不爽 |
[37:34] | Well, you have now. | 那这次你栽了 |
[37:41] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[37:45] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[37:47] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[37:49] | That’s exactly the point. | 这就是重点 |
[37:51] | Look, I know he’s not perfect. No man is. | 我知道他并不完美 人无完人 |
[37:55] | But I do know, you can be happy with him. | 但我确信 你和他在一起会幸福 |
[37:59] | And I’ll see to it that you are. | 我保证你会幸福 |
[38:20] | You sure you don’t need me for anything else, Mr. Kennedy? | 你确定没有其它事情了吗 肯尼迪先生 |
[38:22] | No, no, no. Thanks. You should get some sleep. | 没了 没了 谢谢你 你该去休息了 |
[38:25] | You, too. | 您也是 |
[38:29] | I know that Jack will win. | 我相信杰克会获胜的 |
[38:31] | No, we’ve come too far to lose. | 走到现在 我们已经输不起了 |
[38:33] | Now I need to make an early start. | 现在我得先打声招呼 |
[38:35] | There’s gonna be a mountain of calls tomorrow. | 明天会有无数的电话打过来 |
[38:37] | I’ll be here. | 我会在此待命的 |
[38:50] | I miss being with you, Joe. | 我想念和你在一起的感觉 乔 |
[39:10] | It’s chilly out there. | 外面有点冷 |
[39:12] | Would you like a sweater? | 你需要一件毛衣吗 |
[39:14] | Thank you, Mrs. Kennedy. I’ll be fine. | 谢谢 肯尼迪太太 我没事 |
[39:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:18] | Good night, dear. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[39:20] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:30] | Shall we go to bed, Rosie girl? | 我们可以休息了吗 罗丝小姐 |
[39:42] | The vice president expressed his appreciation | 副总统对他的竞选团队 |
[39:44] | to his staff and to the volunteers in the ballroom, | 以及宴会厅的志愿者致以谢意 |
[39:47] | but he stopped short of a concession. | 但是他并没有承认败选 |
[39:49] | Bastard just won’t concede. | 失败者就是不肯认输 |
[39:51] | …Electoral politics is well known, | 选举政治是众所周知的 |
[39:54] | and according to sources, | 据相关人员透露 |
[39:55] | being urged by several members of his inner circle, | 在核心集团数位成员的要求下 |
[39:58] | to make his concession speech now. | 他发表了败选演讲 |
[40:02] | Thanks for everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[40:05] | Sure. | 没事儿 |
[40:06] | Even if he does concede, | 即使他承认败选 |
[40:08] | there is always the possibility that he might ask for a recount… | 也不排除有申请重新计票的可能性 |
[40:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[40:16] | I’m tired. I’m gonna go to bed. | 我累了 我去睡觉了 |
[40:18] | What do you mean? You’re not gonna watch this? | 什么意思 你不看了吗 |
[40:20] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[40:32] | Mr. President! Mr. President! Mr. President! | 总统先生 总统先生 总统先生 |
[40:36] | Wake up. Mr. President, wake up. | 醒醒 总统先生 醒醒 |
[40:40] | – Mrs. Shaw? – Wake up, Mr. President. | -肖太太 -醒醒 总统先生 |
[40:43] | Are we in? | 我们获胜了吗 |
[40:45] | Congratulations, sir. | 恭喜你 先生 |
[40:47] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[40:52] | I couldn’t have done it without you. Or you. Come here. | 没有你我就不会成功 还有你 过来 |
[40:57] | What’s this? What’s this? | 这是什么 这是什么 |
[40:58] | What… | 什么 |
[41:01] | My head! | 我的头 |
[41:07] | 号外 肯尼迪 | |
[41:08] | The unexpectedly delayed climax | 这场意外迟到的高潮 |
[41:11] | saw senator Kennedy the victor | 见证了肯尼迪参议员 |
[41:12] | with a clear margin of electoral votes. | 以明显的票数优势获胜 |
[41:15] | At 43 years of age, he is the youngest man ever voted… | 年仅43岁的他成为史上最年轻的 |
[41:18] | Well, we’re just gonna have to, uh, stay after him, Lyndon. | 我们必须要待在他后面 林顿 |
[41:22] | Well, thank you for everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[41:24] | Well, I will. | 我会的 |
[41:30] | He, uh, says congratulations from, uh, him and Lady Bird. | 他代表自己和伯德女士表示祝贺 |
[41:34] | That’s nice. | 他真好 |
[41:37] | Come on. Uh, let’s get downstairs | 走吧 我们下楼 |
[41:40] | and, uh, bask in our glory. | 去享受胜利的喜悦 |
[41:43] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[41:45] | Jack, you’re going to be president, | 杰克 你就要当总统了 |
[41:47] | and things are going to be different… | 有些事情就不一样了 |
[41:51] | – Well, honey, I think that’s probably true. – Between us. | -宝贝 我想你说得对 -我们之间的事情 |
[42:03] | Our marriage works | 我们的婚姻得以维系 |
[42:05] | because I decided several years ago | 是因为几年前我决定 |
[42:09] | to accept certain things about you, | 接受你的那些行为 |
[42:13] | and I’ve dealt with it. | 我都忍了 |
[42:15] | I’ve had my private humiliations, | 我曾经暗自蒙羞 |
[42:18] | but I won’t have them in front of the American people. | 但我以后不能在全体国民面前丢脸 |
[42:28] | – The Times wrote the same damn thing. – I know. It was perfect. | -《时报》做了同样的报道 -我知道 太好了 |
[42:31] | – Did you sleep at all? – Are you kidding? I can’t believe you did. | -你睡着了吗 -开玩笑吧 我不信你睡得着 |
[42:33] | We did it. We did it. | 我们成功了 我们成功了 |
[42:36] | Closest margin in history, Dad. | 史上最接近的票数差 父亲 |
[42:38] | You think I was gonna pay for a landslide? | 你以为我指望获得压倒性的胜利吗 |
[42:40] | I love you, boys. | 我爱你们 孩子们 |
[42:42] | Now wait. Wait. Wait. | 先等一下 等等 等等 |
[42:45] | – I have some, uh, ideas for your cabinet. – Here we go. | -我对你们的内阁有些建议 -拿来看看 |
[42:48] | Can’t we just enjoy this, just for the afternoon? | 我们就不能先享受一个下午吗 |
[42:53] | I think his memory’s, uh, failing him. | 我觉得他有点老糊涂了 |
[42:54] | Dad, you got me as, uh, Attorney General. | 父亲 你要我做司法部长 |
[42:56] | Yeah, because that’s where you’re gonna be. | 没错 因为这就是你该做的 |
[42:58] | We talked about this. You said you were fine. | 我们谈过的 你说你接受了 |
[43:01] | I’m going to Boston tomorrow to look for office space. | 我明天就要去波士顿找办公室了 |
[43:03] | No, you’re not. Jack needs somebody he can trust, | 你不能走 杰克需要可以信任的伙伴 |
[43:05] | and I need you to keep an eye on Jack. | 而我也需要你看着杰克 |
[43:06] | I’m picking my own cabinet, Dad. | 我会自己挑选内阁的 父亲 |
[43:09] | I believe they elected me president, not you. | 我想当选总统的是我 而不是您 |
[43:13] | That’s very true, Son. | 说得很对 孩子 |
[43:15] | They did. | 确实 |