时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You want me to be Joe, and I’m not! | 你想让我成为乔 但我不是他 |
[00:05] | Well, that’s obvious. | 我当然知道 |
[00:05] | Well, then save your money, for christ sake! I can’t win. | 那就省省你的钱吧 天呐 我赢不了 |
[00:08] | Your name is Kennedy, | 你是肯尼迪家的人 |
[00:09] | and Kennedys never come second. | 肯尼迪家的人从不屈居人后 |
[00:11] | Jacqueline Bouvier, | 这位是杰奎琳·布维尔 |
[00:12] | Congressman Jack Kennedy. | 这位是国会议员杰克·肯尼迪 |
[00:13] | He’ll never be faithful. | 他永远不会忠于你 |
[00:15] | I don’t particularly care what happens, really. | 我其实并不怎么关心选情 |
[00:17] | I mean, after today, I’m done. | 反正过了今天就完事了 |
[00:19] | He’s just on edge. | 他只是太紧张了 |
[00:20] | He’s been waiting 50 years for this day. | 他等这一天足足等了五十年 |
[00:22] | Mr. President! Mr. President! | 总统先生 总统先生 |
[00:24] | Jack needs somebody he can trust, | 杰克需要可以信任的伙伴 |
[00:25] | and I need you to keep an eye on Jack. | 而我也需要你看着杰克 |
[00:27] | I’m picking my own cabinet, Dad. | 我会自己挑选内阁的 父亲 |
[00:28] | I believe they elected me President, not you. | 我想当选总统的是我 而不是您 |
[02:11] | A happy President-elect and Mrs. Kennedy | 心情愉快的当选总统肯尼迪携夫人 |
[02:14] | today left the hospital with their new addition, | 今天出院 带着他们的小儿子 |
[02:16] | John F. Kennedy Jr. | 小约翰·F·肯尼迪 |
[02:18] | When reporters asked Mr. Kennedy | 当记者问肯尼迪先生 |
[02:20] | if he hoped his son would someday occupy the White House, | 是否希望小儿子日后入主白宫时 |
[02:23] | he joked that one President per family is probably enough. | 他笑言家里一个总统就够了 |
[02:29] | Later, at his Georgetown residence, | 随后 在其位于乔治城的住所 |
[02:31] | Mr. Kennedy met with several newly appointed members | 肯尼迪先生会见了几位新任命的 |
[02:33] | of his cabinet and advisory staff. | 内阁成员和参事 |
[02:35] | The President has tapped Harvard Dean McGeorge Bundy | 此前总统已任命哈佛的院长麦克乔治·邦迪 |
[02:37] | to be his National Security Advisor, | 为国家安全顾问 |
[02:40] | Robert McNamara, President of the Ford Motor Company, | 罗伯特·麦克纳马拉 福特汽车公司总裁 |
[02:42] | will serve as Secretary of Defense, | 将出任国防部长 |
[02:44] | and Air Force General Thomas Bennett | 空军上将托马斯·贝内特 |
[02:47] | will sit on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. | 将加入参谋长联席会议 |
[02:48] | The top spot at the Justice Department has yet to be filled, | 司法部长的最终人选还未确定 |
[02:51] | and who America’s chief law enforcement officer | 谁将成为美利坚执法部门的最高长官 |
[02:54] | will be remains an open question. | 仍是未知之数 |
[02:59] | I’m a little surprised | 我有点儿奇怪 |
[03:00] | you haven’t announced Bobby as Attorney General. | 你居然还没有宣布波比担任司法部长 |
[03:04] | Oh. Well, there’s, uh… | 哦 要 |
[03:05] | there’s a lot to consider, Dad, and I still have time. | 要考虑的方面很多 爸 不急 |
[03:08] | I think you owe it to him, Jack, | 我觉得这是你欠他的 杰克 |
[03:11] | given everything he’s done for you. | 想想他为你做了那么多 |
[03:14] | I appreciate that, but, uh, | 我很感激他 但 |
[03:16] | I’m not sure he’s the right choice. | 我觉得他不太适合 |
[03:18] | Really? | 是吗 |
[03:20] | How are you feeling? | 感觉怎么样 |
[03:23] | Wonderful. | 很不错 |
[03:24] | They took excellent care of me. | 他们把我照顾得很好 |
[03:28] | I had all my children at home, as you know. | 我以前都是在家分娩 你知道的 |
[03:31] | Yes. I knew that. | 嗯 我知道的 |
[03:38] | Have you thought about | 你有没有想过 |
[03:41] | what you’ll be wearing to the inauguration? | 穿什么参加去就职典礼 |
[03:48] | Mr. Cassini has drawn up some beautiful sketches. | 卡西尼先生已经画了些漂亮的设计图 |
[03:56] | He is a very well-respected designer. | 他是个优秀的设计师 |
[03:59] | I’m sure whatever he comes up will be lovely. | 他弄出来的衣服肯定好看 |
[04:03] | Though… | 不过 |
[04:04] | he tends to favor a more European look… | 他趋向于欧式风格 |
[04:10] | designs that work better on a more slender woman’s body. | 他的衣服苗条女人穿才好看 |
[04:15] | Well, I have eight weeks to get my figure back. | 既然这样 我有八周时间恢复身材 |
[04:19] | Oh, don’t you think that’s cutting it rather fine, dear? | 你不觉得你对自己太宽松了呢 亲爱的 |
[04:23] | I’d try to get it back in four. | 要我就四周恢复身材 |
[04:29] | Jackie, do you think Jack | 杰姬 你觉得杰克 |
[04:30] | should appoint Bobby as Attorney General? | 是不是该委任波比为司法部长 |
[04:37] | Whatever Jack wants. | 我尊重杰克的意见 |
[04:40] | Joe, I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. | 乔 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[04:43] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[04:44] | Bobby told me he wants to go back to Boston, | 波比告诉我他想回波士顿 |
[04:47] | spend more time with Ethel and the children. | 多花点时间陪陪伊索尔和孩子们 |
[04:51] | Well, that’s good to know, but he needs to be with Jack. | 挺好 不过他得陪着杰克 |
[04:54] | He has no experience. | 他没有经验 |
[04:55] | He has the best experience in the world. He’s your brother. | 他的经验无可挑剔 他是你弟弟 |
[04:59] | Christ, he’s never been in a courtroom. | 老天 他都没上过法庭 |
[05:02] | He deserves it, Jack, and he wants it. | 这是他应得的 杰克 也是他想要的 |
[05:05] | I’m not sure he does. | 我看不像 |
[05:06] | Well, I want it for him. | 我想要给他 |
[05:09] | All those other guys, | 你身边那些家伙 |
[05:10] | the Harvard and Yale guys you’re talking to, the PhDs– | 哈佛的 耶鲁的 那帮博士们 |
[05:14] | their only allegiance is to their resume. | 他们所谓的忠诚只是一纸简历 |
[05:17] | Bobby’s as smart as any of ’em, | 波比不比他们笨 |
[05:19] | and he’ll jump under a train for you. | 并且他会为你赴汤蹈火 |
[05:24] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[05:25] | No, don’t think. Get it done. | 不 不用考虑 付诸行动 |
[05:28] | You’ve got lots of other work to do. | 你还有其它很多事要做 |
[05:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:42] | Listen, I think before we go in there | 听着 我们进去 |
[05:43] | and tell him I’m not gonna do it, | 告诉他我不干之前 |
[05:44] | – I think we should be clear on this. – Yeah, we covered that. | -我们该讲明白 -已经说清楚了 |
[05:46] | I know, but you haven’t said one way or the other. | 我知道 但你没表明态度 |
[05:48] | I want to hear it from you. | 我想听你亲口说出来 |
[05:50] | You think I want to hear your high-pitched, whiny voice | 你觉得我想听你的尖嗓门 |
[05:52] | yakking in my ear for the next four years? | 再唠叨我四年吗 |
[05:54] | – Listen, I’m serious. – Christ, it’s four years. | -我说真的 -老天 四年啊 |
[05:56] | You want me to be a part of your administration, I’ll do it. | 你想要我来帮你的话 我就留下 |
[05:58] | I don’t want to do it, but I will do it if you need me to. | 我虽不情愿 但只要你需要 我愿意帮你 |
[06:00] | Go live your life. You’ve done enough, all right? | 好好过你自己的生活吧 你做的已经够多了 |
[06:03] | But if they don’t impeach me first, | 要能不被弹劾 |
[06:04] | you’re coming back to get me reelected in ’64. | 等64年改选时你再回来助我连任 |
[06:07] | All right, fine, but you’re telling him. I’m not– | 好的 不过你开口 我不 |
[06:09] | Oh, hell, no. I’m not starting. You start. | 不 我不先说 你来 |
[06:23] | Well, I mean, we’ve talked about it, | 我是说 我们谈过了 |
[06:25] | and there’s just far too many negatives here. | 有太多负面影响 |
[06:27] | The press is gonna be out for blood, and I, uh, | 媒体会咬着不放 我 |
[06:30] | I don’t want to come out of the gate on the defensive. | 我也不想出面辩解 |
[06:32] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[06:36] | Besides, um… | 再说 |
[06:37] | You’ll–you’ll be there, and, uh… | 你也会在这 并且 |
[06:40] | I mean, he doesn’t really– really need me, do you? | 事实上他也 不需要我 是吧 |
[06:44] | I won’t be there every day. You will. | 我不可能每天陪着他 你却可以 |
[06:48] | Well, I-I just– I think it’ll look bad. | 我 我只觉得会惹人非议 |
[06:50] | I think the press is gonna say, | 媒体可能会说 |
[06:52] | uh, it’s nepotism, it’s a-a co-presidency. | 裙带关系 联合执政 |
[06:54] | – I don’t think it’ll work, Dad. – I agree with that. | -我认为那行不通 爸 -我同意 |
[06:56] | We have bigger problem with Hoover. | 胡佛更不会善罢甘休 |
[06:58] | Oh, that’s true. He–he’s really– | 说得对 他 他真的 |
[06:59] | I mean, he’s not gonna accept him as a boss, and I, uh– | 我是说 他当上司 胡佛肯定接受不了 |
[07:01] | That’s a good point. | 有道理 |
[07:01] | Hell, he’s ran the FBI for 30 years. | 他掌管联邦调查局已经三十年了 |
[07:07] | It’s just, uh… it’s not gonna work. | 这么做 这么做行不通的 |
[07:15] | All I can do… | 我所能做的 |
[07:18] | is try to give you the benefit of my experience. | 就是努力让你们从我的经验中获益 |
[07:24] | If you boys don’t want that, | 如果你们不想要的话 |
[07:27] | I have no choice | 我也别无选择 |
[07:29] | but to respect your decision. | 只能尊重你们的决定 |
[07:36] | Well, thank you, Dad. We appreciate that. | 谢谢你 爸爸 我们很感激 |
[07:43] | It is with great pleasure | 我很高兴地 |
[07:45] | that I announce the appointment of Robert F. Kennedy | 宣布 任命罗伯特·F·肯尼迪 |
[07:48] | as Attorney General. | 为司法部长 |
[07:50] | I, uh, know there have been | 我知道有一些 |
[07:52] | some questions about his qualifications… | 对他任职资格的质疑 |
[07:55] | But, uh, I can attest to the fact that he is, uh, | 但我可以证明 他是 |
[07:58] | very intelligent, very, uh, very tenacious, and, uh, | 非常聪明 非常顽强的 |
[08:03] | we thought it’d be useful for him to get some, uh, experience | 我们认为这对他也有好处 可以为他 |
[08:06] | before he went into private practice, so… | 日后经营私人律师事务所积累经验 |
[08:09] | So I, uh, wasn’t gonna have him say anything, | 我本来不打算让他发言的 |
[08:12] | but I think I will. Bobby? | 但现在我想还是让他说两句吧 波比 |
[08:14] | Bobby… Bobby… | 波比 波比 |
[08:15] | Thank you all very much. I, um… | 非常感谢你们 我 |
[08:19] | I, uh, am pleased to, uh, accept the position | 我很荣幸能接受这个职位 |
[08:23] | of the Attorney Generalship, uh, of the United States. | 担任美国的司法部长 |
[08:27] | Joe Kennedy thinks I’m gonna take orders | 乔·肯尼迪以为我会服从他那个 |
[08:29] | from that snot-nosed kid of his. | 窝囊废儿子的命令 |
[08:31] | Don’t get upset, Edgar. Would you like a TUMS? | 别生气 埃德加 要来片抗酸药吗 |
[08:33] | Yes, I would. | 好的 |
[08:38] | The FBI is the finest investigative agency in the world. | 联邦调查局是全世界最优秀的调查机构 |
[08:43] | I’ve spent my entire life making it so, and I will not… | 为此我花费了毕生的精力 我不会 |
[08:46] | let it be degraded by a bunch of… | 让它毁在一群 |
[08:50] | amateurs. | 门外汉手里 |
[08:51] | Well, you’ve always found a way to circumvent the authority | 你总能找到办法避开司法部长的 |
[08:53] | of the Attorney General, whoever he is. | 影响力的 不管他是谁 |
[09:01] | You’re right, Clyde. | 你说的对 克莱德 |
[09:03] | You’re right. | 你说的很对 |
[09:06] | Despite subfreezing temperatures, | 尽管气温已跌至零下 |
[09:08] | hundreds of thousands watched today’s inaugural ceremonies, | 仍有成千上万人观看了今天的就职典礼 |
[09:11] | as President John F. Kennedy | 总统约翰·F·肯尼迪 |
[09:13] | and Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson | 和副总统林登·B·约翰逊 |
[09:15] | took their constitutional oaths of office, | 在国会大厦的台阶上 |
[09:18] | on the steps of the nation’s capitol. | 宣誓就职 |
[09:21] | In the long history of the world, | 在世界历史的漫漫长河中 |
[09:24] | only a few generations have been granted the role | 只有少数几代人在自由处于最危急的时刻 |
[09:28] | of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. | 被赋予保卫自由的职责 |
[09:32] | I do not shrink from this responsibility. I welcome it. | 我不会推卸这一责任 我乐于承担 |
[09:37] | I do not believe any of us would exchange places | 我不相信我们当中有任何人愿意同其他人 |
[09:41] | with any other people or any other generation. | 或其他时代的人交换位置 |
[09:45] | The energy, the faith, the devotion | 我们为这一努力所付出的精力 |
[09:49] | which we bring to this endeavor will light our country | 信念和忠诚 将会照耀我们的国家 |
[09:52] | and all who serve it. | 和所有建设国家的人 |
[09:54] | And the glow from that fire can truly light the world. | 而这火焰发出的光芒定能照亮全世界 |
[10:02] | And so, my fellow Americans, | 因此 我的美国同胞们 |
[10:05] | ask not what your country can do for you. | 不要问国家能为你做什么 |
[10:09] | Ask what you can do for your country. | 问问自己能为国家做些什么 |
[12:04] | Bahia de Cochino, Mr. President– | 猪湾[西班牙语] 总统先生 |
[12:07] | Bay of Pigs, on the southern Cuban coast. | 猪湾 在古巴的南海岸 |
[12:09] | For the past 18 months, we at the CIA | 在过去的十八个月里中情局的人一直在 |
[12:12] | have been training a brigade of anti-Castro guerillas in Guatemala. | 危地马拉训练一个旅的反卡斯特罗游击队 |
[12:16] | Yes, I’m aware of that. | 嗯 我知道这件事 |
[12:19] | Then I’m sure you’re also aware that President Eisenhower | 那您肯定也知道艾森豪威尔总统批准了 |
[12:23] | approved this training and its ultimate purpose– | 这项训练 而这训练的最终目标是 |
[12:25] | the–the elimination of Fidel Castro. | 消灭菲德尔·卡斯特罗 |
[12:28] | Well, I’m certainly for his, uh, elimination. | 我肯定是支持消灭他的 |
[12:30] | I just question whether or not this will, uh, work. | 我只是怀疑这能不能奏效 |
[12:32] | – I think– – Yes, it will, Mr. President. | -我认为 -它肯定能奏效 总统 |
[12:34] | Without direct U.S. involvement, General. | 美国是不会直接参与到行动中的 将军 |
[12:37] | Our fingerprints can’t be anywhere on this operation. | 这次行动不能留下我们的任何痕迹 |
[12:39] | They won’t be, sir. | 不会的 长官 |
[12:41] | The guerillas are using untraceable equipment, | 游击队使用的是无法追踪来源的装备 |
[12:44] | and the support planes and vessels are without U.S. insignia. | 支援他们的飞机和船只都没有美国的标识 |
[12:47] | That’s all very good and well, General, | 这些都很好 将军 |
[12:49] | but the, uh, Castro army here seems to have, uh, 25,000 men. | 但是卡斯特罗的部队似乎有两万五千人 |
[12:54] | Uh, our invasion force has roughly, uh… | 而我们的入侵部队只有大概 |
[12:57] | 1,500. | 一千五百人 |
[12:59] | And Castro’s forces are, uh, well-armed. | 而且卡斯特罗的部队装备精良 |
[13:01] | They have Russian hardware. | 他们有俄国的军火 |
[13:03] | The guerillas have the advantage of surprise, sir. | 游击队的优势是出其不意 先生 |
[13:07] | Castro has not one idea in hell that they’re coming. | 卡斯特罗根本不知道他们会杀过去 |
[13:11] | Now let’s not forget, the Cuban people will rise up | 可别忘了 古巴人民会揭竿而起 |
[13:13] | and support this liberating force. | 全力支持这支解放部队 |
[13:15] | Well, I question that as well. | 这一点我也表示怀疑 |
[13:17] | The State Department shares your doubts, Mr. President. | 国务院跟您有同样的质疑 总统先生 |
[13:19] | And there’s another thing to consider. | 另外还有一件事情需要考虑 |
[13:21] | If we give the guerillas the go-ahead | 如果我们命令游击队进攻 |
[13:23] | and the operation begins to fail, | 而行动失败的话 |
[13:25] | will you be able to resist the pressure | 你能顶住压力 |
[13:26] | to save it by ordering our direct military involvement? | 下令采取直接军事干预去拯救这项行动吗 |
[13:31] | Sir, we have a communist bastion | 长官 我们的海岸九十英里外 |
[13:35] | 90 miles from our shore. | 就有一个共产主义的大本营 |
[13:36] | By excising it, | 消灭了它 |
[13:38] | we make this whole part of the world more secure. | 能让整个地区都变得更加安全 |
[13:42] | This is something we have to do. | 这件事我们非做不可 |
[13:50] | The General is the best commander I ever served under. | 将军是和我共事过的最优秀的指挥官 |
[13:52] | In my opinion, he shortened | 在我看来 他让 |
[13:54] | the war in the Pacific by six months. | 太平洋战争提前了六个月结束 |
[13:56] | – Well, he’s, uh, he’s quite a character. – Yes, sir, he is. | -他的确是个人物 -是的 长官 |
[13:59] | But he also makes a good point. The guerillas are patriots. | 他也有道理 这些游击队员是爱国者 |
[14:02] | They want to take their homeland back. | 他们想夺回他们的国家 |
[14:04] | Bob? | 鲍勃 |
[14:06] | This is your first strategic decision. | 这是你的第一个战略性决策 |
[14:08] | You go against the recommendation of the Chiefs and the CIA, | 你不听参谋长联席会议和中情局的建议 |
[14:12] | they’re gonna make you pay for it. | 他们会给你颜色看的 |
[14:13] | I’m not issuing an invasion order | 我不会因为害怕参谋长联席会议 |
[14:15] | because I’m afraid of the Joint Chiefs. | 就签署命令入侵其他国家 |
[14:19] | Sir, for every hour that this decision is delayed, | 长官 这个决定做出得越迟 |
[14:24] | you run the risk of these invasion plans being leaked. | 入侵计划被泄露的可能性就越大 |
[14:27] | You think this succeeds? | 你认为这能成功吗 |
[14:28] | I do, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[14:30] | Not only will it succeed, but it will send Khrushchev | 不但会成功 还会向赫鲁晓夫 |
[14:32] | a message of our intent and our resolve. | 表明我们的信念和决心 |
[14:35] | And it will show him exactly the kind of President you intend to be. | 让他明白您要做一位怎样的总统 |
[14:41] | You know, when I made a decision in the Senate, | 当年在参议院表决时 |
[14:44] | I always had 40 or 50 guys to go alongside me | 总有四五十人和我的立场一致 |
[14:46] | to take the heat if things went wrong. | 出了问题 大家共同负责 |
[14:48] | Job’s little different now. | 现在不同了 |
[15:08] | All right, issue the go codes, Bob. | 鲍勃 我批准这项行动 |
[15:10] | Send those guerillas to Cuba. | 把游击队送到古巴 |
[15:15] | Yes, Mr. President. | 遵命 总统先生 |
[15:24] | Thanks for coming by, Mr. Director. | 多谢造访 局长先生 |
[15:26] | I, uh, wondered if you had a chance to, uh, | 不知你是否有空 |
[15:29] | review the policy changes I sent over to your office. | 重新看过我发给贵办公室的改革计划 |
[15:32] | I did see them, yes. | 我看过了 |
[15:34] | Well, I’d like to, uh, streamline the flow of information | 我要统一向媒体和民众 |
[15:37] | going to the public and the press. | 公布信息的渠道 |
[15:40] | In the past, all Bureau communications | 以前 贵局所有的新闻联络 |
[15:42] | were issued through my office. | 都由我的办公室负责 |
[15:44] | Well, from, uh, from now on, I’d like, uh, | 好 那从今以后 |
[15:47] | any press releases from the Bureau to go out, | 贵局所有经过核准的新闻发布 |
[15:49] | if approved, on D.O.J. letterhead, | 都要用司法部的标头 |
[15:51] | and anyone from the Bureau giving public speeches | 贵局任何人发表公开讲话的内容 |
[15:53] | will have their comments first cleared by my office. | 都要事先呈报我的办公室 |
[15:57] | I’m puzzled by your need to control | 您不必如此严格地 |
[15:58] | the flow of information so tightly. | 控制信息发布渠道 |
[16:02] | Well, I want the entire department | 我要部门上下的口径 |
[16:03] | to speak with one voice. | 保持一致 |
[16:05] | The Bureau has had its own voice for 30 years, | 联邦调查局三十年来都保持独立的声音 |
[16:10] | and I have to insist that we maintain it. | 我必须保持这种传统 |
[16:14] | Well, now this is a new era, | 既然是新时代 |
[16:16] | and there’s a new world order, Mr. Director. | 就要有新秩序 局长先生 |
[16:21] | I sincerely hope that you can adapt yourself to it. | 我由衷希望您能适应新的秩序 |
[16:26] | I hope you’ll forgive me, young man, | 对不起 年轻人 |
[16:27] | if it takes me a while to make that adaptation. | 这样的秩序 短期内我很难适应 |
[16:31] | I do forgive you, | 没关系 |
[16:33] | and I would appreciate from now on | 但从现在起 |
[16:35] | you addressing me as “General”. | 请称我”部长” |
[16:44] | Feet on the desk… throwing darts against the wall | 脚翘到桌子上 往墙上投飞镖 |
[16:47] | is desecrating government property. | 简直是亵渎公职 |
[16:49] | Little bastard has no respect. | 目中无人的小混蛋 |
[16:52] | He thinks he can take over my Bureau? | 他自以为能掌控联邦调查局 |
[16:55] | We’re gonna have to dissuade him, Clyde. | 我们要阻止他 克莱德 |
[16:56] | Bobby’s squeaky clean. | 波比的历史很清白 |
[16:59] | But his brother isn’t. | 他哥哥可不清白 |
[17:01] | The Jack Kennedy file– that dates back to 1942. | 杰克·肯尼迪的档案要追溯到1942年了 |
[17:05] | We need something current. | 我们需要新的材料 |
[17:07] | It shouldn’t be too difficult. | 想找到不会很难 |
[17:09] | Our President is just like his father. | 我们的总统和他父亲一样 |
[17:11] | Their need for sexual conquest borders on addiction. | 容易被美色所吸引 |
[17:15] | And I want full attention paid to this. | 要密切关注这方面的内容 |
[17:28] | – Hello? – You, uh… | -喂 -您 |
[17:31] | you got a minute to talk? | 现在有时间谈谈吗 |
[17:32] | Well, that’s what I’m here for, Jack. | 不然我怎么会接你的电话 杰克 |
[17:35] | We, uh, we made a, uh, pretty big decision over here today. | 我们今天做了一项重大决定 |
[17:38] | We’re gonna send that, uh, that brigade of, uh, | 把一个旅的游击队 |
[17:41] | guerillas into, uh, Cuba. | 送到古巴 |
[17:43] | What, to get rid of Castro? | 为了除掉卡斯特罗 |
[17:45] | That’s right. | 对 |
[17:47] | No American troops, right? You can’t be traced back. | 没动用美国的部队吧 不要被追查到 |
[17:50] | Well, that’s what I’ve been told. | 不是美国的部队 |
[17:53] | Well, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[17:56] | It’ll be great if it works. | 能成功就太好了 |
[17:57] | Well, Castro’s a damn dictator– Hitler with a beard– | 卡斯特罗那个独裁者 就是带胡子的希特勒 |
[18:00] | and you’re gonna get rid of him | 你上任才三个月 |
[18:01] | in your first three months in office. | 就将除掉他 |
[18:02] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[18:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:05] | A-and stick to your guns. | 决不妥协 |
[18:09] | You’ve got the best people in the world working for you, | 世界上最优秀的人才都在给你打工 |
[18:11] | and that’s what they recommended, right? | 这是他们提出来的 对吗 |
[18:13] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:14] | Well, then you did the right thing. | 那你的决策很正确 |
[18:17] | And let me tell you something, I-I-I don’t like Harry Truman, | 跟你说 我个人并不喜欢哈利·杜鲁门 |
[18:20] | but when he dropped the bomb, he got the best information he could, | 但只要他出手 一定是掌握了可靠的情报 |
[18:24] | he made his decision, and that was that. | 一定是做好了决定 剩下的就水到渠成了 |
[18:27] | You’ll be fine. | 放心吧 |
[18:30] | – Thank you. – Good night, Son. | -谢谢您 -晚安 儿子 |
[18:45] | These congressional receptions are ridiculous. | 竟然在今天举行国会招待会 |
[18:48] | Be confident in your decision, Jack. | 杰克 你要相信自己的决定 |
[18:51] | You’re a wonderful leader. | 你是一位出色的领导人 |
[18:54] | Those guerillas are gonna land on the beach in less than an hour. | 游击队不到一小时就要登陆了 |
[19:02] | Have you talked to Bobby about it? | 你征求波比的意见了吗 |
[19:04] | No. No, he’s, uh… | 没有 |
[19:07] | he’s not involved. | 他没有参与决策 |
[19:14] | You look beautiful. | 你真美 |
[19:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:15] | Castro’s intelligence services must have been tipped off. | 卡斯特罗的情报部门肯定事先得到风声了 |
[20:17] | His men were on the beach, | 他的军队就在岸边 |
[20:19] | waiting for the guerillas with Soviet tanks. | 带着苏制坦克等待游击队自投罗网 |
[20:20] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[20:22] | I ordered the invasion when I did to avoid a security breach. | 选择的入侵时间应该能避开安全部队 |
[20:24] | He had a clear view of the brigade as it approached. | 突击旅靠近海岸时他们看得一清二楚 |
[20:26] | Clear view? It was the middle of the goddamn night. | 一清二楚 当时可是午夜 |
[20:28] | It was the conditions. | 有客观因素 |
[20:30] | What? | 什么 |
[20:32] | We didn’t factor in a full moon. | 我们没考虑到今天是满月 |
[20:38] | “Engagement continues in the bay. | “战事仍在海湾内进行 |
[20:41] | Guerillas under heavy bombardment. | 游击队遭到猛烈炮击 |
[20:43] | Questionable if they can withstand…” | 不知他们能否抵抗得住” |
[20:47] | I understand the, uh, guerillas are in trouble. | 我知道游击队的作战不利 |
[20:49] | What’s going on out there? | 具体情况如何 |
[20:50] | They’re taking heavy losses, sir. | 游击队伤亡惨重 总统先生 |
[20:52] | – How heavy? – We don’t know precisely. | -多少人伤亡 -还没有准确数字 |
[21:00] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[21:01] | A cable from one of our CIA operatives on the scene. | 现场一位中情局特工发来的电报 |
[21:04] | What’s it say? | 上面怎么说 |
[21:06] | Sir, if you’d just allow me to para– | 总统先生 请让我简要地 |
[21:07] | I want you to read it, Bob. | 鲍勃 直接读原文 |
[21:13] | “Cuban defense forces opened fire at 700 yards. | “古巴边防部队在640米开外展开火力 |
[21:17] | Landing craft blown out of the water. | 登陆艇被完全摧毁 |
[21:19] | Have counted over 50 corpses in the water. | 水中浮尸已达五十多具 |
[21:23] | One young guerilla suffered extensive shrapnel wounds | 一名年轻的游击队员在距我九米处的 |
[21:25] | in an explosion no more than 10 yards from my position. | 一次爆炸中遭到大面积弹片伤害 |
[21:28] | Due to withering fire, I could not reach him. | 由于火势很大 我无法接近他 |
[21:31] | He choked to death on his own blood. | 他被自己的鲜血窒息而死 |
[21:34] | Have never seen such slaughter.” | 从未见过如此惨象” |
[21:41] | At this point, sir, | 基于这一点 先生 |
[21:42] | the situation can only be served with air power. | 唯一的解决方案只有出动空军 |
[21:45] | The guerillas had air support. | 游击队员本来就有空中支援 |
[21:47] | They flew their own planes in from Nicaragua. | 他们是从尼加拉瓜驾驶飞机过去汇合的 |
[21:50] | They were ineffective. To make matters worse, | 他们并无战斗力 更糟糕的是 |
[21:52] | Castro’s planes destroyed the supply ship that contained | 卡斯特罗的飞机摧毁了装有游击队员 |
[21:54] | the guerillas’ ammunition and communication gear. | 弹药和通信装备的的补给船 |
[21:56] | Jesus. These were on one ship? | 上帝啊 这些东西都在同一艘船上 |
[21:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[21:59] | And there’s no uprising in the Cuban people. | 而且目前古巴民众并无暴动 |
[22:01] | Sir, we don’t get planes in the air immediately, | 长官 如果我们不立即派遣飞机出动 |
[22:03] | this operation is doomed. | 这次行动就彻底失败了 |
[22:04] | Our planes? | 我们的飞机 |
[22:05] | Our planes launched from our carriers? | 派出我们航母上的飞机吗 |
[22:08] | We’ll need one of our destroyers to take out Soviet tanks. | 我们需要出动一艘驱逐舰摧毁苏制坦克 |
[22:11] | No, I have been consistent on this from the get-go. | 不 我从一开始对于这一点就很坚定 |
[22:13] | Cuba is a Russian ally. | 古巴是苏俄的同盟国 |
[22:15] | I’m not gonna risk retaliation from Khrushchev. | 我不会以赫鲁晓夫的报复为代价去冒这个险 |
[22:17] | He won’t do a damn thing. | 他不会有行动的 |
[22:19] | You said that the invasion force would land without resistance. | 你也说过游击队登陆是不会遭到反抗的 |
[22:22] | You told me that, uh, Castro and the people of Cuba | 你还告诉我 卡斯特罗和古巴的民众 |
[22:25] | would rise up. You’ve been wrong about everything so far. | 会揭竿而起 到目前为止你根本没对过 |
[22:28] | Air support– | 空中支援 |
[22:28] | I don’t know | 我根本不知道 |
[22:29] | why the hell I should start believing you right now, General. | 我到底为什么现在要相信你 将军 |
[22:30] | Air support is the only way to keep this from becoming | 只有空中支援才能避免让这次行动变成 |
[22:31] | – an unmitigated disaster. – It already is. | -一场彻底的灾难 -已经太迟了 |
[22:44] | Mr. President, if you don’t send in the planes, | 总统先生 如果您不派出飞机支援 |
[22:47] | those men out there on the beach, | 那些还在沙滩上的士兵们 |
[22:50] | who were trained by us, who trust in us… | 那些接受我们的训练 信任我们的人们 |
[22:54] | They will die. | 他们会死的 |
[22:55] | I’m aware of that. | 我很清楚那一点 |
[22:59] | Well, then please, sir, make your decision. | 那么长官 请您做决定吧 |
[23:01] | Time is of the essence. | 时间决定一切 |
[23:05] | I don’t, uh, | 我认为 |
[23:05] | suppose CIA can explain this, Mr. Dulles? | 中情局解释不了这件事 杜勒斯先生 |
[23:14] | Well, I-I won’t do it. | 我 我不会做 |
[23:15] | Christ, I-I’m not gonna send in our own planes. | 老天 我是不会派出我们自己的飞机的 |
[23:19] | Mr. President, you can’t just sit here– | 总统先生 您不能只是坐在那里– |
[23:20] | I’m your Commander in Chief. That’s my decision. | 我才是总司令 而这就是我的决定 |
[23:25] | Are these the cables? Latest? | 这就是那些电报 最新的 |
[23:27] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[23:29] | I just wanted it to work. | 我只是希望能够成功 |
[23:30] | And I trusted them. | 而且我当时那么相信他们 |
[23:32] | Jack, Bennett told you, | 杰克 贝内特告诉过你 |
[23:33] | he assured you that this– | 他跟你保证这是 |
[23:34] | I believed because they were military, | 我相信他们因为他们是军人 |
[23:36] | they knew a damned thing about military matters. | 他们知道很多关于军事方面的问题 |
[23:45] | Khrushchev… | 赫鲁晓夫 |
[23:48] | This is a victory for him. | 这对于他来说是一场胜利 |
[23:51] | It’s a victory I handed him, I… | 是一场我双手奉上的胜利 我 |
[23:54] | The public relations victory of a lifetime. | 这是一次千载难逢的公共关系的胜利 |
[24:04] | I was so stupid. | 我太愚蠢了 |
[24:16] | You’re exhausted, Jack. | 你累坏了 杰克 |
[24:20] | You should get some sleep. | 你得去睡一会儿 |
[24:28] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[24:52] | And all those men… | 而那些战士 |
[24:56] | They’re never coming home because of me. | 因为我 他们永远都回不了家了 |
[25:04] | How could you let this happen? | 你怎么能允许这种事情发生 |
[25:06] | What are you talking about, Dad? | 您说什么呢 爸爸 |
[25:07] | I’m talking about this Bay of Pigs thing. | 我说的是猪湾发生的事 |
[25:09] | How could you let Jack do it? | 你怎么能允许杰克那么做 |
[25:10] | I-I wasn’t in those meetings. | 我根本没参加那些会议 |
[25:12] | That’s foreign policy. | 那属于外交政策 |
[25:13] | Well, you should have been. | 你应该去参加的 |
[25:15] | Now listen to me, Bobby, | 现在听我说 波比 |
[25:16] | I know you didn’t want to be in the Cabinet, | 我知道你不想进内阁 |
[25:18] | that you wanted to be on your own, but you’ve got the job, | 你想依靠自己 但是你已肩负使命 |
[25:21] | and your job is to support your brother. | 而你的使命就是支持你哥哥 |
[25:22] | That’s precisely what I’ve been doing. | 一直以来我也正是努力致力于此 |
[25:24] | – I do support my brother. – Not enough. | -我的确是支持我哥哥的 -还不够 |
[25:26] | You have to be the sounding board | 你必须要回应 |
[25:28] | for every major decision he makes. | 他所做出的每个重大决策 |
[25:30] | His presidency’s in trouble, | 他的总统生涯正受到威胁 |
[25:32] | and you need to fix it. | 而你要负责弥补 |
[25:57] | Bobby and I’ll come up Friday. | 波比和我周五会过去 |
[26:35] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[26:36] | the Attorney General’s here to see you. | 司法部长来见您了 |
[26:41] | What’s everyone telling you to do? | 他们让你怎么做 |
[26:44] | Hunker down. | 少露面 |
[26:47] | Avoid the press. | 避开媒体 |
[26:49] | Sons of bitches. | 一帮狗娘养的 |
[26:52] | They want this job, they can have it tomorrow. | 他们想当总统的话 我明天就让给他们 |
[26:58] | So where do we go from here? | 那我们应该怎样应对 |
[27:00] | Well, hopefully, there’ll be a natural disaster | 但愿世界其它某个地区 |
[27:01] | some other part of the world, | 会发生点自然灾害 |
[27:01] | and people will forget about the man-made disaster right here. | 那样的话人们就会忘记这里人为的灾难了 |
[27:07] | Listen, I wish I could have been here for you. | 我希望我当时能够在这里支持你 |
[27:12] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:15] | Jesus, Bobby, | 上帝啊 波比 |
[27:16] | I made so many mistakes with this damned thing. | 我在这件蠢事上犯下了太多的错误 |
[27:20] | Not having you around was another one of my screwups. | 没让你跟着我是我搞砸的另一件事 |
[27:23] | Listen, covert action was justified, Jack. | 间谍活动当时是正当的 杰克 |
[27:26] | You were trying to liberate a-an oppressed people. | 你是在努力解放一群受压迫的人民 |
[27:28] | You weren’t committing a crime. | 你那并不是在犯罪 |
[27:36] | Unfortunately, it didn’t work. | 不幸的是 计划并没有成功 |
[27:40] | No, it didn’t. | 是 是没有成功 |
[27:43] | Well, not this time. | 这次是没成功 |
[27:46] | But we’re gonna fix this. | 但是我们会挽回一些 |
[27:49] | We’re–we’re gonna get Castro out of there, | 我们 我们要把卡斯特罗消灭掉 |
[27:50] | one way or the other. | 总有办法的 |
[27:58] | Now I gotta figure out how long to hide | 现在我得考虑一下要过多久 |
[28:00] | before I show my face again. | 我才能再公开露面 |
[28:02] | Why not show it tomorrow? | 明天怎么样 |
[28:06] | Hold a press conference. | 开一个记者招待会 |
[28:08] | You stand up in front of the American people | 你站在美国民众面前 |
[28:10] | and tell them you made a mistake. | 告诉他们你犯了一个错误 |
[28:13] | Use the entire country as my confessional? | 把整个国家当成我的告解室 |
[28:16] | That’s very Catholic of you, Bobby. | 你这主意很有天主教色彩啊 波比 |
[28:18] | Not very Presidential. | 但是对于总统可不太适合 |
[28:20] | Yeah, well, maybe not, | 是啊 也许不适合吧 |
[28:21] | but at least it’s human. | 但是至少这算是人类的做法 |
[28:23] | When all else fails, tell the truth. | 无计可施不如坦白相告 |
[28:32] | In Havana, | 在哈瓦那 |
[28:33] | Fidel Castro claimed victory at the Bay of Pigs | 菲德尔·卡斯特罗宣告在猪湾之战中 |
[28:35] | over Washington’s imperialist warmongers. | 击溃美帝国主义 取得胜利 |
[28:38] | Speaking, at times hysterically, | 在大批情绪高昂的民众前 |
[28:40] | to large and enthusiastic crowds, | 卡斯特罗发表了狂热的演讲 |
[28:42] | Castro did not mention President Kennedy by name, | 演讲中未提到肯尼迪总统 |
[28:45] | but he promised that Cuba would defend itself to the last man | 不过他保证 古巴将反抗至最后一人 |
[28:48] | if there is another attempt by the United States | 只要美国胆敢再次 |
[28:51] | to overthrow his Communist regime. | 侵犯他的共产主义政府 |
[28:54] | Mr. President? Mr. President? | 总统先生 总统先生 |
[28:57] | Our intention was, of course, to, uh, help the Cuban people | 我们的本意当然是帮助古巴人民 |
[29:00] | free themselves from the Communist yoke. | 推翻共产主义暴政 |
[29:02] | Um, there’s an old saying that, uh, | 有句老话说得好 |
[29:04] | victory has a, uh, hundred fathers, | 胜利是有一百个爸爸 |
[29:06] | defeat is an orphan. | 失败却是一个孤儿 |
[29:08] | This is, uh, not to deny responsibility. | 这不是推脱责任 |
[29:11] | Uh, I am the, uh, responsible officer of the government, | 我是本届政府的负责人 |
[29:15] | that much is obvious. | 这是显而易见的 |
[29:17] | The, uh, brave volunteers | 那些在猪湾奋战的 |
[29:19] | at the, uh, Bay of Pigs | 勇敢的志愿战士们 |
[29:21] | uh, believed that Communism in this hemisphere was intolerable | 坚信共产主义在西半球是不可容忍的 |
[29:25] | and that freedom in Cuba was inevitable. | 他们相信古巴的解放是必然的 |
[29:27] | I believe, uh, in the inevitable defeat | 而我坚信 全球范围内苏联模式的失败 |
[29:29] | of Communism throughout the world. | 也是不可避免的 |
[29:31] | Mr. President? Mr. President? | 总统先生 总统先生 |
[29:34] | Yes. | 是 |
[29:45] | Gentlemen, how are you? | 你们好 先生们 |
[30:03] | Mr. President, I’ve begun to put an assessment together | 总统先生 我正对行动的失败进行评估 |
[30:06] | as to why the operation did not achieve its desired result. | 为什么行动没有达到预期结果 |
[30:08] | Well, that’s fine, but I’m, uh, less interested in a post mortem | 很好 但我对事后诸葛亮没什么兴趣 |
[30:11] | than where we go from here. | 更希望知道如何着手将来 |
[30:15] | Where do you want to go, Mr. President? | 那么你想谈什么呢 总统先生 |
[30:17] | Well, Castro’s gonna continue to be a problem. | 卡斯特罗将继续是个问题 |
[30:20] | And, uh, this government is, uh, committed to, uh, resolving that. | 本届政府将致力解决这个问题 |
[30:24] | I’d just like to go on the record, sir, | 我只想强调 先生 |
[30:27] | that the CIA’s information | 中情局关于古巴人民 |
[30:29] | about the reaction of the Cuban people | 对于起义的看法 |
[30:31] | was based on contact with dissidents | 是建立在对卡斯特罗身边 |
[30:33] | among Castro’s inner circle. | 持不同政见者了解的基础上的 |
[30:35] | Very good. You’re on the record, Mr. Dulles. | 很好 杜勒斯先生 你强调完了 |
[30:37] | I, uh, think it’s important to stress to our allies | 我认为我们有必要告知盟友 |
[30:40] | and the Communists that, uh, despite this setback, | 与共产党 尽管出师不利 |
[30:45] | that our resolve is not diminished. | 但我们决心不减 |
[30:50] | That’s a fine sentiment, Mr. President, | 这个观点很好 总统先生 |
[30:51] | but the Russians are gonna look at it as weak, | 但俄国人会将其视为软弱的表现 |
[30:54] | and made significantly weaker | 而您今天早上的新闻发布会 |
[30:57] | by your press conference this morning. | 更是雪上加霜 |
[30:59] | Well, I don’t know if I follow you. | 我不确定我是否理解你的想法 |
[31:01] | The idea of the Commander in Chief | 一个总司令 |
[31:04] | apologizing for a military operation… | 居然为一次军事行动道歉 |
[31:08] | Let’s just say I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从来没见过这么做的 |
[31:13] | Well, I-I am known for breaking new ground. | 我一向是以独辟蹊径出名的 |
[31:17] | You may enjoy your witticisms, | 你在这逞口舌之快 |
[31:20] | but there are a hundred dead men out there. | 在那里牺牲了百余生命 |
[31:22] | How dare you, sir? Might I remind you, | 你怎么敢这么说话 难道要我提醒你 |
[31:25] | you’re speaking to the President of the United States? | 你正在对美利坚合众国的总统说话吗 |
[31:28] | And his apology, as you call it, | 他的道歉 也就是你刚提到的 |
[31:31] | was one of the– the bravest things any President has ever done, | 是历届所有总统中最勇敢的举动之一 |
[31:34] | and I think we’re gonna come out of this | 我认为因为这个道歉 |
[31:35] | stronger than ever because of it. | 我们会更加坚不可摧 |
[31:37] | So–so if you can’t see your own culpability in this mess, | 如果你无法从这烂摊子中反省自己的错误 |
[31:39] | I-I-I suggest that you don’t belong in this room | 我认为你不属于这里 |
[31:41] | or this Administration. | 或者本届政府 |
[31:43] | And that goes for everyone else here. | 这句话同样适用与其他任何人 |
[31:49] | Well, you all know my brother Bobby. | 你们可都认识我的弟弟波比了 |
[31:56] | General, I understand you’re not pleased with my performance, | 将军 我理解你不满意我的表现 |
[31:59] | and you consider me inexperienced. | 你认为我缺乏经验 |
[32:01] | Well, I just got a hell of a lot of experience, | 现在我赚了经验一箩筐 |
[32:03] | and I intend to use it to make sure | 而我从中学到的是 |
[32:04] | nothing like this ever happens again. | 类似事件决不允许再次发生 |
[32:09] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[32:10] | Gentlemen, in your briefing package, | 先生们 你们的会议摘要里 |
[32:12] | you will find our first order of business. | 有第一项议程 |
[32:14] | If you could please turn to Page Three. | 请翻到第三页 |
[32:20] | Still haven’t gotten a reaction from the press conference. | 新闻发布会还没有任何反应 |
[32:24] | People either, uh, rally around me | 人们或者因此拥护我 |
[32:26] | or, uh, I’ll be impeached. | 或者弹劾我 |
[32:28] | Jack, you were magnificent. | 杰克 你做得很棒 |
[32:31] | It’s just what the country needed to hear. | 这正是这个国家想要听到的 |
[32:33] | Well, thanks, honey, and I hope you’re right. | 谢谢 宝贝 我希望你还好 |
[32:36] | How’s everybody doing up there? | 你那边怎么样 |
[32:38] | Fine. | 都很好 |
[32:40] | The kids are having fun at the beach. | 孩子们在海滩玩得很开心 |
[32:43] | I’m doing some work on de Gaulle. | 我在查阅一些高卢的资料 |
[32:45] | It’s only six weeks before we go to Paris. | 离我们去巴黎只有四个礼拜了 |
[32:48] | Good. Well, I, uh, | 很好 我早上 |
[32:50] | have a National Security briefing in the morning, | 有个国家安全的短会 |
[32:53] | and, uh, I’ll come up to The Cape after that. | 之后我就来科德角 |
[32:56] | See you then. | 到时候见 |
[32:58] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[32:59] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[33:10] | Jack’s going to try to get here tomorrow. | 杰克明天会来 |
[33:12] | Oh, wonderful. | 那真好 |
[33:15] | Well, I think I’m… I’m gonna call it a day. | 我想 我要上床睡了 |
[33:20] | Good night, Rosie. | 晚安 罗丝 |
[33:26] | Good night, Grandpa. | 晚安 爷爷 |
[33:33] | Don’t forget to turn out the lights. | 别忘了关灯 |
[33:39] | Can I get you anything, Mrs. Kennedy? | 需要为您做些什么吗 肯尼迪太太 |
[33:41] | Cup of tea? | 沏杯茶 |
[33:42] | No, thank you, dear. It’ll keep me up. | 不 谢谢 喝了我就睡不着了 |
[33:48] | Do you mind if I sit with you? | 我可以坐过来吗 |
[33:50] | Of course not. | 当然 |
[33:54] | It’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[34:00] | How are things with you and Jack? | 你和杰克最近怎么样 |
[34:05] | Busy. | 很忙 |
[34:08] | We don’t see much of each other. | 我们不常见到对方 |
[34:11] | Joe was never around while I was raising the children. | 我抚养孩子的时候 乔从未相伴左右 |
[34:16] | He was in Hollywood, New York… | 不是在好莱坞 就是在纽约 |
[34:21] | A man of the world. | 他属于世界 |
[34:25] | That must have been very difficult for you | 一个人要带九个孩子 |
[34:27] | with nine children. | 你一定很辛苦吧 |
[34:28] | Oh, it was. | 的确辛苦 |
[34:31] | After Jack was born, | 杰克出生之后 |
[34:33] | I became very depressed about my marriage. | 我对我的婚姻彻底绝望了 |
[34:38] | I took the children and moved back to my father’s house. | 我带着孩子们一起搬回了我父亲的老宅 |
[34:45] | You left Joe? | 你离开了乔 |
[34:47] | The rumors of his indiscretions became too much for me. | 我受不了那些关于他轻率之举的流言蜚语 |
[34:54] | How long were you separated? | 你们分居了多久 |
[34:57] | Not long. | 没多久 |
[34:59] | My father sent me back to Joe. | 我父亲把我送了回去 |
[35:01] | He said that a Catholic woman’s place was with her husband. | 他说一个天主教女人必须要陪在丈夫身边 |
[35:05] | A Catholic woman’s obligation is to keep the family together. | 天主教女人的职责就是要让家庭和睦 |
[35:10] | That’s what the church intends for us. | 那些就是教会对我们寄予的期望 |
[35:15] | But the rumors didn’t go away? | 但那些谣言并没有消散 |
[35:17] | Oh, not only did they not go away, | 不仅是没有消散 |
[35:20] | it became obvious that they weren’t rumors. | 而且很明显 那并不是谣言 |
[35:25] | Yet you stayed. | 你还是留了下来 |
[35:28] | My husband provided a life for me, | 我丈夫给予了我一种生活 |
[35:32] | a life that allowed me to raise children | 一种能让我按照上帝的旨意 |
[35:34] | in the way that God wants them to be raised. | 来把孩子抚养长大的生活 |
[35:39] | But he hurt you. | 但他伤害了你 |
[35:41] | Yes, as I know that Jack has hurt you. | 是的 据我所知 杰克也伤害了你 |
[35:46] | The men that we’ve married | 我们所嫁的那两个男人 |
[35:50] | have great gifts and great flaws, but… | 他们天赋异禀同时也风流成性 但 |
[35:55] | they’re the men we’ve chosen. | 这就是我们的选择 |
[37:31] | White House operator. | 白宫话务员 |
[37:33] | This is Mrs. Kennedy. I’m looking for the President. | 我是肯尼迪夫人 我在找总统 |
[37:36] | I tried calling up to the residence, | 我打过电话到住所找他 |
[37:37] | but he’s not answering. | 但电话没人接 |
[37:39] | Let me ring Mrs. Lincoln’s office, ma’am. | 我来帮您接林肯女士的办公室 夫人 |
[37:41] | Please hold. | 请您稍等 |
[37:51] | Mrs. Lincoln isn’t answering. I can check with | 林肯夫人不在办公室 如果您愿意 |
[37:53] | the Secret Service office if you’d like. | 我可以帮您问一下特勤处 |
[37:55] | It’s okay. Good night. | 没关系 晚安 |
[37:57] | Good night, ma’am. | 晚安 夫人 |
[38:31] | Hi, Toots. | 亲爱的 |
[38:32] | Judy. | 朱迪 |
[38:40] | President Kennedy’s approval rating, | 肯尼迪总统的民意支持率 |
[38:42] | which had plummeted sharply due to the Bay of Pigs incident, | 由于猪湾事件一度大幅下跌 |
[38:45] | took a dramatic upturn following his press conference, | 但在他召开记者招待会之后又戏剧性地回升 |
[38:48] | in which he accepted responsibility for the disaster. | 在会上他承担了行动失败的全部责任 |
[38:52] | Over 80% of the American people | 超过百分之八十的美国民众 |
[38:54] | now approve of the President’s job performance. | 对总统现在的工作表现表示满意 |
[38:57] | Perhaps buoyed by that response, | 也许是受这些积极回应的感染 |
[38:58] | Mr. Kennedy is spending the weekend in Massachusetts | 肯尼迪先生正在马萨诸塞州度周末 |
[39:01] | for what his aides described as “Strenuous relaxation.” | 这个假期被他的助手称做是”苦中作乐” |
[39:04] | That’s it! That’s a touchdown! | 就得要那样 触底得分了 |
[39:09] | You played well. I’m done! | 你打得不错 我不玩了 |
[39:16] | Nice. | 真棒 |
[39:23] | What did you get up to last night? | 昨天晚上你去哪儿了 |
[39:28] | Well, we’re gonna try to work out, uh… | 我们打算为那些个 |
[39:32] | some sort of negotiation for some of those Cuban prisoners. | 古巴囚犯制定一个可行的谈判计划 |
[39:36] | Jackie called me, uh, about 11:30, | 杰姬大约在十一点半的时候打电话给我 |
[39:38] | concerned that you weren’t in the residence. | 说你不在住所 她很担心 |
[39:47] | What’d you tell her? | 你跟她说了些什么 |
[39:50] | Well, I told her you were exhausted. | 我对她说你累坏了 |
[39:53] | You’d probably unplugged the phone. | 你可能是把电话线拔了 |
[39:56] | Am I in trouble here? Did she buy that? | 我现在会有麻烦吗 她相信了吗 |
[39:59] | I don’t know. I suppose. | 不知道 我估计是吧 |
[40:04] | I said I’d, uh, spoken to you 15 minutes earlier, | 我说我十五分钟前刚和你通过电话 |
[40:07] | and you were gonna go to bed. | 而且你已经准备睡觉了 |
[40:22] | Well, not that I, um… | 我并不是想 |
[40:25] | get any points for it. | 想为此辩解 |
[40:26] | I was gonna go to bed, I just… | 我当时是准备睡觉了 我只是 |
[40:31] | Christ, I couldn’t sleep. I just… | 老天呐 我就是睡不着 我只是 |
[40:33] | But you’re, uh, | 但你现在已不再是 |
[40:35] | not the junior Senator from Massachusetts– | 来自马萨诸塞洲的小议员了 |
[40:36] | I know. I know. | 我明白 明白 |
[40:44] | It’s not even about the sex, | 那不是关于性的事 |
[40:45] | for God sakes, it’s just… | 看在上帝的份上 只是 |
[40:52] | the rush of the damned thing… | 倒霉事太多了 |
[40:59] | What you and Jackie have is so beautiful, Jack. | 你和杰姬所拥有的一切是如此美好 杰克 |
[41:04] | I just don’t want you to do anything to ruin it. | 我只是不希望你做出任何会毁了它的事 |
[41:23] | We can just pass the whole thing over to state. | 我们可以把整件事移交给州政府去办 |
[41:26] | Mr. President, Director Hoover is here to see you. | 总统先生 胡佛局长来见您了 |
[41:29] | I asked him to wait in the cabinet room. | 我请他在内阁会议室里等您 |
[41:31] | – He’s not on the schedule. – What’s he doing here? | -他并没有预约 -他来这儿干嘛 |
[41:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:34] | He said it’s a matter that needs your immediate attention. | 他说有件事您必须要立刻引起注意 |
[41:43] | The woman’s name is Judy Campbell. | 这个女人的名字叫朱迪·坎贝尔 |
[41:46] | I believe you’ve known her for some time– | 我相信你们已经相识已久了 |
[41:48] | were introduced to her by the entertainer, Frank Sinatra. | 是艺人弗兰克·辛纳特拉把她介绍给您的 |
[41:52] | Here she is entering the West Wing last night at 11:17 p.m. | 她昨天晚上十一点十七分进入了白宫西翼 |
[41:56] | We’ve had her under surveillance | 因为另一位和他有关系的名人 |
[41:57] | because of her other known associations. | 我们才会一直在监视她 |
[42:00] | What, uh, associations in particular? | 到底是和哪位名人有关 |
[42:05] | The gentleman is Sam Giancana. | 这位先生叫萨姆·詹卡纳 |
[42:06] | I believe you know him from your days | 我相信您是在麦克莱伦委员会的 |
[42:08] | on the McClellan Committee. | 那段时间里认识他的 |
[42:10] | He’s the most powerful gangster in the country. | 他是这个国家势力最大的帮派头目 |
[42:12] | Now under normal circumstances, Mr. President, I would, uh, | 在普通的情况下 总统先生 我会 |
[42:16] | I would feel that, uh, | 我会认为 |
[42:19] | your dalliances should remain a matter between you, | 您的风流韵事应该是您和您的夫人还有 |
[42:22] | your wife, and your God. | 您的上帝之间的私事 |
[42:24] | However, our concern is that Mr. Giancana | 然而 我们担心的是詹卡纳先生 |
[42:26] | might be using the young woman to put you, | 可能会利用这位年轻女子的事来让您 |
[42:29] | and therefore your Administration, in a compromised position. | 和政府当局陷入一个被动的位置 |
[42:39] | What are you, uh… | 那你打算 |
[42:42] | What are you planning on doing with those? | 那你打算怎么处理这事呢 |
[42:46] | Naturally, they will remain secure in our files. | 一般它们会一直被保存在我们的档案库里 |
[42:51] | But I urge you… | 但我力劝您要 |
[42:54] | tread cautiously, Mr. President. | 言行谨慎 总统先生 |
[42:56] | Tread cautiously. Thank you. | 言行谨慎 谢谢您 |
[43:03] | Good day to you, sir. | 祝您今天愉快 先生 |
[43:10] | General. | 还有部长 |