时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The men that we’ve married | 我们所嫁的那两个男人 |
[00:04] | have great gifts and great flaws. | 都天赋异禀也风流成性 |
[00:08] | Our President is just like his father. | 我们的总统和他父亲一样 |
[00:09] | Their need for sexual conquest borders on addiction. | 容易被美色所吸引 |
[00:12] | Jackie, do you think Jack | 杰姬 你觉得杰克 |
[00:13] | should appoint Bobby as Attorney General? | 是不是该委任波比为司法部长 |
[00:15] | I announce the appointment of Robert F. Kennedy | 任命罗伯特·F·肯尼迪 |
[00:18] | as Attorney General. | 为司法部长 |
[00:19] | Joe Kennedy thinks I’m gonna take orders | 乔·肯尼迪以为我会服从他那个 |
[00:21] | from that snot-nosed kid of his… | 窝囊废儿子的命令 |
[00:23] | And I would appreciate from now on | 但从现在起 |
[00:24] | you addressing me as “General”. | 请称我”部长” |
[00:25] | You have to be the sounding board | 你必须要回应 |
[00:27] | for every major decision he makes. | 他所做出的每个重大决策 |
[00:29] | His presidency’s in trouble. | 他的总统生涯正受到威胁 |
[02:20] | Here you go, Mr. Sinatra. | 酒来了 辛纳特拉先生 |
[02:29] | – Francis. – Mr. Ambassador, good to see you. | -弗朗西斯 -大使先生 幸会 |
[02:32] | Well, you didn’t have to dress up just for me. | 你不必专门为我西装革履的 |
[02:35] | I got a gig at the Drake. Uh, come on by. | 我在德雷克那儿找到了活 有空过来 |
[02:37] | I’ll set you up ringside. | 我会给你留出前排位置 |
[02:38] | Oh, some other time. I have to be back in Boston. | 改天再说吧 我还得回波士顿去 |
[02:41] | Sure, sure. Well, come on back. Sam’s waiting for ya. | 好 好 到后面来 山姆在等你 |
[02:45] | What Vinnie knows could hurt us. | 维尼掌握的内情对我们很不利 |
[02:48] | We should probably make him disappear. | 或许我们该让他人间蒸发 |
[02:59] | Hey, Joe. | 你好 乔 |
[03:02] | – Hiya, Sam. – Sit down, Joe. | -你好啊 山姆 -坐吧 乔 |
[03:12] | So what brings you to town, Joe? | 什么风把你刮到这来了 乔 |
[03:15] | Well, I’m trying to drum up some support for Jack. | 我在竭力为杰克赢取支持 |
[03:20] | Nice-lookin’ boy. | 翩翩公子啊 |
[03:22] | And smart. | 而且才华过人 |
[03:23] | Yeah, well, Nixon’s smart, too, | 没错 可是尼克松也很有才华 |
[03:25] | and he’s got experience. | 而且他经验丰富 |
[03:26] | He’s not gonna let those commies run wild. | 他不会让那些共产主义国家胡作非为 |
[03:28] | He and Ike lost Cuba. | 他和艾森豪威尔没能保住古巴 |
[03:31] | Cost you millions. | 害你损失了数百上千万 |
[03:33] | Yeah, it did. | 的确如此 |
[03:35] | My boy would never let that happen. | 我儿子决不会让这种事情发生 |
[03:40] | Look, Sam… | 听我说 山姆 |
[03:43] | This country’s been great to us. | 这个国家待我们不薄 |
[03:47] | We were born in walk-ups, | 我们出身贫寒 |
[03:49] | but we both made fortunes. | 但我们都赚了不少钱 |
[03:52] | I want to pay America back. | 我想要回馈美国 |
[03:54] | I want to make Jack Kennedy President… | 我想让杰克·肯尼迪当上总统 |
[03:57] | because he’ll make this country a better place | 是因为他会让这个国家变得更好 |
[04:00] | for our grandchildren and their children. | 造福我们的子孙后代 |
[04:05] | Yeah, well… | 这么说来 |
[04:08] | It’s gonna be an interesting race. | 这场竞赛将会很有趣 |
[04:13] | Anyway, Frankie here– he thought, um, | 不管怎么说 是弗兰基觉得 |
[04:16] | you and me, we should meet, so… so we met. | 你我应该见上一面 所以才有这场会面 |
[04:21] | I want to wish you and your boy all the best. | 我祝您和令郎万事如意 |
[04:30] | Thank you, Sam. | 谢谢 山姆 |
[04:33] | I appreciate you seeing me. | 你能和我会面 我感激不尽 |
[04:35] | – Thank you, Francis. – A pleasure, Mr. Ambassador. | -谢谢 弗朗西斯 -我的荣幸 大使先生 |
[04:37] | I-I’m gonna stick around. | 我 我要留下来 |
[04:43] | Hey, Joe. | 我说 乔 |
[04:46] | Is it true about you and, uh, Gloria Swanson? | 你和葛洛莉娅·斯旺森的传言是真的吗 |
[04:56] | Huh? What do ya think? | 成不 你怎么看 |
[04:59] | Ohh. Oh, I think you gotta go with Jack. | 我认为你应该支持杰克 |
[05:01] | Is that what you think? | 你是那么想的吗 |
[05:02] | I’m in tight with him. He comes to see me in Vegas. | 我坚定支持他 他到维加斯来见我 |
[05:06] | Ooh, we’ve had some great times, Sam. | 我们相处得很是愉快 山姆 |
[05:08] | He’s one of us, and he needs Chicago. | 他是我们的人 而他需要拿下芝加哥 |
[05:11] | Now you own the precinct captains. | 选区管理员对你惟命是从 |
[05:12] | They’ll get people to the polls– | 他们会发动群众去投票的 |
[05:14] | the cripples and the shut-ins. | 连瘸子和重病号都在内 |
[05:15] | And you got the unions. | 你还有工会 |
[05:17] | Now you get them to help out Jack, | 你只需让他们帮杰克一把 |
[05:19] | you leave the rest to me. | 余下的交给我 |
[05:22] | What do you mean, leave the rest to you? | 你说余下的交给你是什么意思 |
[05:25] | I’ll make sure when Jack gets in, you’ll have a pass. | 一旦杰克入主白宫 我会确保你得到豁免的 |
[05:27] | The Feds will leave you and the boys alone. | 联调局会对你和你的手下网开一面 |
[05:33] | You can do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[05:41] | Not feeling any better? | 没有好转吗 |
[05:43] | No. Hell, my body’s breaking down. | 没有 该死 我的身体要垮了 |
[05:46] | I’m exhausted all the time. | 我总是精疲力竭 |
[05:48] | Phenobarbital not working, sir? | 苯巴比妥[镇静安眠剂]不见效吗 先生 |
[05:51] | Ritalin not helping you sleep, either? | 利他林也不能帮助你入眠吗 |
[05:52] | Oh, hell, I had to move a bed in here, | 我不得不搬张床过来 |
[05:54] | ’cause I’m keeping my wife awake. | 因为我总搅得妻子不能安睡 |
[05:55] | Unfortunately, the Addison disease | 不幸的是 艾迪生病 |
[05:57] | makes all these symptoms worse. | 加重了这些症状 |
[05:59] | – How’s your back pain? – Well, it’s not going away. | – 你背部疼痛如何了 -还是没好转 |
[06:02] | I can’t stand for more than 20 minutes. | 我站着不能超过二十分钟 |
[06:04] | I can’t sit for more than five. | 坐着不能超过五分钟 |
[06:06] | If the public knew the shape I was in, | 如果民众知道了我的身体状况 |
[06:07] | they’d boot me out of here. | 他们会把我从这赶出去 |
[06:10] | The Demerol’s a high dose. It should be helping. | 杜冷丁[镇痛药]的剂量很大 应该有效 |
[06:12] | Well, it’s not. | 可惜没有 |
[06:14] | Gettin’ hard to lead the country lyin’ down. | 躺在床上肯定没法治理国家 |
[06:17] | I’ll speak to Dr. Runer, | 我会和鲁纳医生说的 |
[06:17] | but you’re on a pretty comprehensive list of medications– | 但是你服用的药物种类繁多 |
[06:21] | methadone, prednisone, hydrocortisone, | 有美沙酮 强的松 皮质醇 |
[06:25] | gabapentin to relax the muscles, | 放松肌肉的加巴喷丁[抗焦虑药] |
[06:27] | methyltestosterone, lomotil for your stomach, | 治疗胃部的苯乙哌啶 甲基睾酮 |
[06:29] | metamucil, lidocaine, procaine, | 欧车前亲水胶 利多卡因 普鲁卡因 |
[06:33] | levothyroxine sodium. | 左旋甲状腺素钠[类甲状腺激素] |
[06:35] | Of course, as First Lady, | 当然 作为第一夫人 |
[06:37] | there are so many public obligations. | 要承担的公众职责数不胜数 |
[06:42] | Naturally, I enjoy them all. | 当然我享受这一切 |
[06:45] | I hope that I represent the country in a way | 我希望我在代表国家这方面的努力 |
[06:49] | that will make the people of America proud, | 能让美国的民众为我骄傲 |
[06:54] | but my most enjoyable obligation | 但我最乐意承担的职责 |
[06:57] | is to be a wife and a mother. | 是为人妻和人母 |
[07:01] | I feel that if you aren’t there for your children, | 我觉得如果你不能陪在孩子身边 |
[07:05] | nothing else you do matters very much. | 无论你做什么就都没什么意义了 |
[07:25] | Is John asleep? | 约翰睡了吗 |
[07:26] | Yes, ma’am. I’ve just put him down. | 睡了 夫人 我刚安顿他睡下 |
[07:28] | Damn interview. | 该死的采访 |
[07:30] | I’m sorry. | 真为你遗憾 |
[07:32] | Where’s Caroline? | 卡洛琳在哪儿 |
[07:33] | Oh, she’s asleep as well. | 她也睡下了 |
[07:36] | I read to her from The Velveteen Rabbit. | 我给她读了《绒布小兔子》 |
[07:39] | – She loves that book. – I know she does. | -她很爱那本书 -这我知道 |
[07:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:52] | It’s been a long day. | 今天很难熬 |
[07:54] | Of course, ma’am. Good night. | 我理解 夫人 晚安 |
[07:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[08:14] | Ethel, you think I should use the word, uh, “Mafia”? | 伊索尔 我应该用”黑手党”这个词吗 |
[08:17] | Well, that’s who you’re going after, isn’t it? | 你要对付的就是他们 不是吗 |
[08:19] | No, no. It’s, uh, it’s more than that. | 不 不 不止是他们 |
[08:23] | It’s, uh, it’s a whole network of organized crime. | 我在调查一个组织有序的犯罪网络 |
[08:27] | Bobby. | 波比 |
[08:28] | You’re not a professor. | 你又不是教授 |
[08:30] | You’re the new sheriff in town. | 你不过是新官上任 |
[08:32] | “Mafia” will get people’s attention. | “黑手党”太显眼了 |
[08:34] | Dad! Joe squirted toothpaste on Courtney’s head! | 爸爸 乔把牙膏挤到考特尼的头上了 |
[08:39] | Joe, you smarten up up there! | 乔 你给我安分点儿 |
[08:43] | All right? Next time you do that, | 知道吗 你下次再这么做 |
[08:44] | you’re gonna– you’ll scrape it off her head and use it! | 你就把牙膏从她头发上刮下来 再拿来刷牙 |
[08:46] | Oh, Bobby. Come on. | 波比 得了吧 |
[08:49] | They learned this from you. | 他们这都是向你学的 |
[08:54] | So is, um… Jack gonna be there for the announcement? | 杰克会去参加发表声明吗 |
[08:59] | No, I don’t think so. | 我想不会 |
[09:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[09:02] | Why is that good? | 为什么很好 |
[09:03] | I think that the Organized Crime Division is your brainchild. | 我觉得集团犯罪调查组的主意是你想出来的 |
[09:08] | It should be your moment. | 就应该由你来宣布 |
[09:10] | Oh, Ethel. | 伊索尔 |
[09:12] | I just want to see you get credit | 我只希望看到你付出的一切 |
[09:13] | for all the hard work you’re doing. | 都能有所回报 |
[09:15] | Well, thank you, but I get– I get plenty of credit. | 谢谢 我已经有不少回报了 |
[09:20] | Mom! Dad! The bunny hop! | 妈妈 爸爸 兔子跳 |
[09:26] | One… two… | 一 二 |
[09:28] | Hop, hop, hop! | 跳 跳 跳 |
[09:30] | One… two… | 一 二 |
[09:31] | Hop, hop, hop! | 跳 跳 跳 |
[09:33] | One… two… hop, hop, hop! | 一 二 跳 跳 跳 |
[09:36] | Come on, Kennedy! Get in here! | 来吧 肯尼迪 一起来跳 |
[09:38] | One… two… hop, hop, hop! | 一 二 跳 跳 跳 |
[09:41] | One… two… hop, hop, hop! | 一 二 跳 跳 跳 |
[11:24] | 90% of major racketeers would be out of business | 到今年年底 百分之九十的诈骗犯 |
[11:27] | by the end of this year if the ordinary citizen– | 都会陷入绝境 只要普通公民 |
[11:31] | the businessman and the Union official | 商人 联邦官员 |
[11:33] | and the public authority– | 和政府当局 |
[11:34] | stood up to be counted and refused to be corrupted. | 经得起清查 远离腐败 |
[11:38] | The purpose of the Organized Crime Division | 集团犯罪调查组旨在 |
[11:41] | is to destroy the cycle of intimidation, corruption, | 摧毁黑手党勒索 贿赂 暴力 |
[11:43] | and violence through which the Mafia has flourished | 这些半个多世纪以来猖獗不止的 |
[11:46] | for the better part of half a century. | 犯罪体系 |
[11:48] | The Justice Department, along with the FBI | 司法部 协同联邦调查局 |
[11:50] | and other agencies, will not stand by and be aloof. | 及其他部门 将不会坐视不管 |
[11:54] | We will act. | 我们将会行动 |
[11:56] | Our position is quite clear. | 我们的立场很明确 |
[11:58] | We will be working together to bring us closer to the day | 我们将团结一致 早日带领大家步入新时代 |
[12:01] | when organized crime and the men who profit from it | 让有组织犯罪及从中获利之人 |
[12:04] | will no longer be able to draw strength | 再不能坐享美国守法公民 |
[12:06] | from the hard work of law-abiding American citizens, | 辛苦劳作的成果 |
[12:10] | and I speak to you today in that spirit, | 我今天这么跟你们说 |
[12:13] | as this is a problem for all America. | 因为这是全美国的问题 |
[12:16] | Unless the basic attitude changes in this country, | 除非我国的基本原则有变 |
[12:18] | the rackets will prosper and grow. | 否则敲诈勒索将无容身之地 |
[12:21] | Of this, I am convinced. | 对于这点 我深信不疑 |
[12:24] | In the weeks and months ahead, indictments will be made | 在接下来的日子里 我们将提出一系列指控 |
[12:27] | which will ultimately bring these criminals to justice | 并要将这些罪犯绳之以法 |
[12:31] | and which will make this country | 让我们的每一个公民 |
[12:32] | a better, safer place for all of our citizens. | 都拥有一个更美好 更安全的家园 |
[12:37] | I thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:46] | Well done, sir. | 好极了 先生 |
[12:48] | I, uh, had the judges sign off on extending our wiretaps and… | 我让法官签字批准了增加窃听器和 |
[12:51] | Covered? You said you were gonna make a deal | 搞定了 你说你能和你的朋友杰克·肯尼迪 |
[12:54] | with your friend Jack Kennedy that if we delivered Chicago, | 达成协议 如果我能搞定芝加哥的选票 |
[12:57] | we’d get a free ride. Now Bobby’s comin’ after us. | 我们就能为所欲为 现在波比又来调查我们 |
[13:00] | No, there’s nothing to worry about. | 没什么可担心的 |
[13:01] | He’s just throwing out a net, Sam. | 他只是在撒网 山姆 |
[13:03] | It’s for the small-time guys. Not for you. | 这是针对小角色的 不是对你的 |
[13:05] | If that bastard comes after me or any of my people, | 要是那混蛋胆敢调查我或我的手下 |
[13:08] | we’re gonna have a big problem. | 你的麻烦就大了 |
[13:11] | You better tell them that. | 这话你最好告诉他们 |
[13:12] | Yeah, I gotta– | 行 我会 |
[13:36] | Welcome to the White House, Mr. Bolden. | 欢迎来到白宫 博登先生 |
[13:38] | Mr. President, it’s good to see you again, sir. | 总统先生 很荣幸再次见到你 先生 |
[13:40] | And you as well. You will be the first Negro appointed | 我也是 你将成为第一位担任 |
[13:43] | to the presidential protection detail. | 总统贴身保镖的黑人 |
[13:45] | Well, I’m honored, sir. | 这是我的荣幸 先生 |
[13:46] | Well, we’re honored to have you, and, uh, you’ll report to, uh, | 我们很高兴能请到你 你要去 |
[13:48] | Mr. Henderson here, who I’m sure is gonna have you fill out | 亨德森先生那报道 你要填好 |
[13:50] | a hell of a lot of paperwork, and we’ll, uh, get you started. | 一大堆表格 然后你就能上任了 |
[13:54] | Well, thank you, sir. | 多谢 先生 |
[14:02] | He’s very good. | 他很不错 |
[14:04] | I, uh, I met him on the campaign. | 我是在竞选中认识他的 |
[14:08] | He was in the, uh, Chicago Office. | 他当时在芝加哥警局 |
[14:12] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[14:14] | Mr. President, I’m willing to believe | 总统先生 我愿意相信 |
[14:15] | he’s the best man since Pinkerton, | 他是平克顿之后的第一人 |
[14:17] | but are you sure about this? | 但您真想这样吗 |
[14:20] | Because he’s a Negro? | 因为他是个黑人 |
[14:21] | No, sir. There are men who are more qualified | 不 先生 有些人更有资格 |
[14:24] | with more experience who deserve to be here. | 更有经验 他们应该得到这份工作 |
[14:27] | A Negro’s never had this opportunity before. | 黑人之前可没有这种机会 |
[14:29] | Plus, his record is excellent, | 再说 他的档案很优秀 |
[14:31] | and, uh, I’m sure Mr. Bolden will be fine. | 我相信博登先生很合适 |
[14:36] | Sir, there isn’t a hotel south of the Mason-Dixon line | 先生 梅森-狄克森线以南没有 |
[14:39] | that’s gonna let him even check in. | 他的容身之处了 |
[14:41] | That’s your problem. He’s part of the detail. | 那就是你的问题了 他是我的贴身保镖 |
[14:42] | He’ll be accommodated accordingly. | 按标准把他安顿好 |
[14:44] | Thank you, Mr. Henderson. | 多谢 亨德森先生 |
[14:47] | Yes, sir, Mr. President. | 遵命 总统先生 |
[14:54] | 15,000 East Germans are crossing | 每天都有一万五千名东德人 |
[14:56] | into the American zone every day– | 前往美占区 |
[14:57] | doctors, lawyers, engineers– their best people. | 医生 律师 工程师 都是精英 |
[14:59] | Now obviously Khrushchev wants to stop them. | 显然 现在赫鲁晓夫想阻止他们 |
[15:02] | As you know, sir, we’ve been monitoring closely | 如你所知 先生 我们对柏林内部及周边的 |
[15:03] | the buildup of Russian troops in and around Berlin. | 俄国军队的集结进行了密切监控 |
[15:07] | Well, the report I read said | 我刚读的报道说 |
[15:08] | that it’s essentially a benign presence. | 这其实是正常的增兵 |
[15:10] | To an extent, yes. | 某种程度上是的 |
[15:12] | I’m sorry. What does that mean exactly? | 抱歉 这话到底什么意思 |
[15:14] | It means he’s gonna shut down access | 就是说他要切断 |
[15:15] | between the Soviet and American zones. | 苏占区和美占区间的联系 |
[15:17] | – What are his options to do that? – We don’t know that yet. | -他会怎么做 -我们现在还不知道 |
[15:20] | Well, what the hell’s he gonna do, dig a moat around the city? | 他要怎么做 围着城挖条护城河吗 |
[15:23] | The field reports are inconclusive at this time. | 现在现场报道还不是很确定 |
[15:25] | So when are they going to, uh, be conclusive, | 那什么时候能确定下来 |
[15:28] | would you say? | 按你的说法 |
[15:32] | Because right now it’s just a problem, | 因为现在这是个问题 |
[15:33] | with no real information to help the President solve it. | 没有实际情报帮总统解决问题 |
[15:36] | We’re working it out now, Bobby. | 我们正在想办法 波比 |
[15:38] | Well, if what your field report is suggesting is true | 如果你现场报道说的是真的 |
[15:41] | and, uh, Khrushchev is going to turn Berlin into a prison, | 赫鲁晓夫要把柏林变成一座监狱 |
[15:45] | I think it would be nice if we could actually respond | 我想如果我们在不久的将来能对此 |
[15:47] | some time in the near future… | 作出实质性的回应会比较好 |
[15:49] | because the alternative is that | 因为 不然的话 |
[15:50] | we are left holding our balls | 我们只能毫不知情地放任 |
[15:52] | while the Russians cut off the city like they did in ’48. | 俄国人把柏林一分为二 就像1948年那样 |
[15:54] | I understand that, Bobby, and as soon as | 我明白你的意思 波比 一旦有 |
[15:56] | the information comes in, I can assure you, | 最新的情报 我向你保证 |
[15:58] | – the President will have it. – Thank you. | -总统立刻就会知道 -谢谢你 |
[16:03] | – Is that it, Mac? – It is, sir. | -就这些了吗 麦克 -就这些 先生 |
[16:05] | All right, well, keep on this thing, and, Bob, | 好的 继续跟进这事 还有鲍勃 |
[16:07] | you should talk to the Garrison commanders in Berlin. | 你该和柏林卫戍部队的司令讨论一下此事 |
[16:09] | Don’t want to raise the alert level, | 不用提高警戒等级 |
[16:10] | but they should know that’s a possibility. | 但该让他们知道存在着这样的可能性 |
[16:12] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[16:16] | Bobby, I want you to talk to Dobrynin | 波比 我要你去苏联大使馆 |
[16:18] | at the Soviet embassy. | 和多勃雷宁面谈此事 |
[16:21] | Yeah, he should know that, uh, we would view any interference | 要让他知道 任何对那些难民的阻挠行为 |
[16:23] | with those, uh, refugees as a deep concern. | 我们都将对其进行密切关注 |
[16:27] | – Right? – All right. | -好吗 -没问题 |
[16:30] | Yeah, this– this is unbelievable. | 这 这实在是难以置信 |
[16:32] | I mean, why do they even, uh, bother coming to the meetings | 我想说 如果他们没有掌握准确情报 |
[16:34] | if they’re not gonna have, uh, concrete information | 来帮助你解决目前的这些问题的话 |
[16:36] | to help you resolve some of these issues? | 为什么还要费劲来开这些会呢 |
[16:37] | Bobby, I’m glad you’re here, okay? | 波比 我很高兴你在我身边 |
[16:39] | Well, somebody needs to be the bad guy. | 好了 总得有人要做坏人 |
[16:40] | They don’t need to like me, | 他们不必喜欢我 |
[16:41] | but they need to have your best interests at heart. | 但他们必须要把你的利益放在心上 |
[16:42] | These are qualified people who gave up lucrative careers. | 他们都是一些弃商从政的精英人士 |
[16:45] | You can’t treat ’em like hired help. | 你不能把他们当打工仔来对待 |
[16:47] | Well, it’s ridiculous, really. | 好吧 那真的很可笑 |
[16:48] | – I mean it. – All right. | -我是认真的 -好吧 |
[16:59] | Hello, Francis. | 你好 弗朗西斯 |
[17:00] | Come in. | 请进 |
[17:03] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[17:04] | Thank you, Mr. Ambassador. | 谢谢您 大使先生 |
[17:07] | Boy, oh, boy. Jack’s doing such a great job. | 杰克那小子真的是成就非凡啊 |
[17:10] | Everybody on the coast is so proud of him. | 西海岸的每一个人都为他自豪 |
[17:12] | He’s Hollywood’s President. | 他是来自好莱坞的总统 |
[17:14] | Oh, by the way, I have regards for you from Jack Warner. | 顺便说下 杰克·沃纳让我代他向您问好 |
[17:16] | He told me to tell you, | 他要我告诉您 |
[17:17] | the next time you’re out, you gotta look him up. | 下次您要是出门 一定要去看看他 |
[17:18] | So, um, what are you doing here? | 好了 你到底有何贵干 |
[17:21] | Well, a little something’s come up. | 好的 只是发生了一件小事 |
[17:23] | Uh, I don’t think it’s a big problem. | 我认为那不是什么大问题 |
[17:24] | I-I just thought you should know. | 我只是觉得应该告诉您 |
[17:30] | You see, Mr. Ambassador, | 您瞧 大使先生 |
[17:33] | uh, it’s this thing that Bobby just announced. | 就是波比刚刚宣布的这件事 |
[17:35] | I don’t know what he calls it– | 我不清楚他是怎么称呼它的 |
[17:37] | the crime division. | 是犯罪调查组 |
[17:38] | What about it? | 有什么不妥吗 |
[17:40] | It’s got some of our friends pretty nervous. | 它让我们的一些朋友如坐针毡 |
[17:42] | What friends? | 什么样的朋友 |
[17:45] | Sam Giancana. | 山姆·吉安卡纳 |
[17:47] | He’s not a friend of mine. He’s a friend of yours. | 他可不是我的朋友 他只是你的朋友 |
[17:51] | Well, y-yeah, but, uh… | 好吧 没错 但是 |
[17:53] | Well, I mean, you–you met him. | 我是说 您见过他 |
[17:55] | Uh, he helped Jack out pretty good. | 他当初帮了杰克很大的忙 |
[17:58] | You know, a lot of people say, uh, | 很多人都说 |
[18:00] | Jack wouldn’t have won | 如果不是因为山姆 |
[18:01] | Chicago if it wasn’t for Sam, so… | 杰克就不会获得芝加哥的支持 所以 |
[18:03] | People say a lot of things, Francis. | 道听途说的事可多了 弗朗西斯 |
[18:08] | What’s wrong? | 到底怎么了 |
[18:11] | Well, I might have overstepped my bounds a little. | 好吧 我也许做了点儿出格的事 |
[18:13] | How so? | 怎么回事 |
[18:14] | Well, I didn’t say anything specific, I swear, | 我们没有明确过任何事 我发誓 |
[18:17] | but I-I may have let Sam believe that | 但也许我让山姆相信 |
[18:20] | if he came through for Jack, | 如果他能帮杰克获得成功 |
[18:23] | then the administration would look the other way | 那么这届政府当局就会对他的 |
[18:25] | at whatever activities he’s involved in. | 任何”生意”都会视而不见 |
[18:31] | In what world do you think that you can make a deal | 你认为你有什么资格可以背着我 |
[18:33] | with Giancana behind my back? | 和吉安卡纳做交易呢 |
[18:36] | No, I n–I never made a deal, Mr. Ambassador. | 不 我从未做过什么交易 大使先生 |
[18:38] | – Now you gotta believe me. I’d– – Shut up! | -现在您一定要相信我 我 -闭嘴 |
[18:42] | You have put this family in a very dangerous position. | 你让我们家族陷入了凶险的境地 |
[18:46] | Couldn’t you just talk to Jack and Bobby, | 您就不能和杰克还有波比谈谈 |
[18:48] | get ’em to back off just a little bit? | 让他们可以不要逼得这么紧吗 |
[18:50] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不能 |
[18:52] | Now here’s what you’re gonna do. | 接下来你要这么做 |
[18:54] | You’re gonna go to Giancana and tell him the truth. | 你要去见吉安卡纳并把真相告诉他 |
[19:00] | You’re gonna tell him that no deal exists | 你要告诉他 他和肯尼迪家族之间 |
[19:02] | between him and the Kennedy family | 根本就没什么所谓的交易 |
[19:04] | and that whatever he did, | 还有 无论他过什么 |
[19:05] | he did for himself and not for us. | 都是为他自己而并非是为我们 |
[19:07] | Mr. Ambassador, please. | 大使先生 求您了 |
[19:09] | You can’t ask me to do that. | 您不能让我那么做 |
[19:11] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[19:12] | ‘Cause Giancana will see what a lightweight, | 是因为吉安卡纳会发现你其实只是 |
[19:15] | irrelevant phony you really are? | 一个无足轻重的冒牌货吗 |
[19:17] | You don’t understand. | 你不懂的 |
[19:20] | Sam could end my career. | 山姆能毁了我的事业 |
[19:22] | He’ll have my throat cut. | 他会要了我的命 |
[19:24] | In that case, your pal Dean Martin | 假如那样的话 你的朋友迪安·马丁 |
[19:27] | will sell a lot of records. | 就会卖出去很多唱片的 |
[19:37] | Good-bye, Francis. | 再见 弗朗西斯 |
[19:53] | – Congratulations, Bobby. – Oh. For what, Dad? | -祝贺你 波比 -祝贺什么 爸爸 |
[19:56] | The, uh, Organized Crime Division– | 那个集团犯罪调查组 |
[19:58] | very smart piece of business. | 这主意真妙 |
[20:01] | Oh, I thought you in particular would be upset. | 我还以为您会特别不高兴呢 |
[20:03] | No. I know we disagreed | 不 我知道我们在 |
[20:04] | about you working for McClellan. | 你为麦克莱伦工作的这件事上意见相左 |
[20:06] | Yeah, disagreed. Dad, at the time, | 确实 爸爸 那会儿 |
[20:08] | I thought you were gonna write me out of the will. | 我都以为您在遗嘱里不会写我名字呢 |
[20:10] | Yeah, but you went ahead with it, | 是啊 但你后来坚持了你的想法 |
[20:12] | and– because you thought it was right, | 因为你认为那是对的 |
[20:13] | and I admired you then, and I still do. | 当时我很佩服你 现在也一样 |
[20:16] | Oh, well, thank you. I appreciate that. | 谢谢您 我很感激 |
[20:18] | So you, um… you, uh, starting slow? | 那么 你 你现在起步缓慢吗 |
[20:22] | You going after the little fish? | 你在追踪那些小鱼小虾吗 |
[20:24] | No, no. I figured, uh, Giancana, | 不 不 我要找的是 吉安卡纳 |
[20:26] | Trafficante, | 特拉斐康提 |
[20:26] | Marcello, | 还有马赛罗 |
[20:27] | you know, go hunt some whales. | 您知道 得抓这些大鱼 |
[20:34] | You still there, Dad? | 您没挂电话吧 爸爸 |
[20:36] | Yeah, yeah. I just, uh… yeah. | 是的 还在 我只是 |
[20:41] | Those are tough guys. | 这些家伙都不好惹 |
[20:43] | Well, sure. I think we’ll get ’em, though. | 对 但我们还是会抓到他们的 |
[20:44] | I mean, I had Giancana on the grill in ’57. | 1957年的时候我派人拷问过吉安卡纳 |
[20:47] | Yeah, but he walked. | 对 但他侥幸逃脱了 |
[20:49] | Oh, I know, but, uh, I got the whole weight | 我知道 但我现在有 |
[20:50] | of the justice department behind me now. | 整个司法部来支持我 |
[20:52] | I-I was just, um, thinking, politically, | 我只是从政治上来考虑 |
[20:55] | if you get ’em, | 如果你抓到了他们 |
[20:56] | that’s good for you and Jack, but if you don’t, | 那对你和杰克都有好处 如果没抓到 |
[20:58] | after Bay of Pigs, | 猪湾事件之后 |
[20:59] | you don’t want any more losses, Bobby. | 你们受不起任何失败了 波比 |
[21:01] | You want wins. | 你们需要胜利 |
[21:02] | Well, sure we do, | 是的 我们确信这一点 |
[21:03] | but, uh, we’ll get ’em. | 但是我们会抓住他们的 |
[21:05] | Don’t worry, Dad. | 别担心 爸爸 |
[21:06] | Well, uh, I hope you do. | 好吧 我希望如此 |
[21:09] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[21:12] | Bye, Bobby. | 再见 波比 |
[21:13] | All right. Bye, Dad. | 好的 再见 爸爸 |
[21:31] | Excuse me, Mrs. Kennedy. | 打扰一下 肯尼迪夫人 |
[21:32] | The delegates have arrived downstairs. | 代表们已经到楼下了 |
[21:35] | They’re early. I still have five minutes. | 他们来早了 我还有五分钟陪孩子呢 |
[21:38] | Well, they’re on a tight schedule, and, uh, | 他们的安排很紧 而且 |
[21:40] | there’s a lot of them to meet. | 人挺多的 你都要接见 |
[21:44] | Ma’am, they did help to get your husband elected. | 夫人 他们帮您丈夫赢得了选举 |
[21:53] | I have to go. | 我必须要走了 |
[21:54] | But, Mommy, aren’t you gonna draw a star with me? | 可是妈妈 你不是要和我一起画星星的吗 |
[22:00] | I’ll draw you two stars, | 我给你画两颗星星 |
[22:02] | and you can color them in. | 你给它们涂上颜色 |
[22:06] | It’s hard to do stars, Mommy. | 星星挺难涂色的 妈妈 |
[22:10] | You just keep practicing, okay? | 多练练就好了 明白吗 |
[22:14] | – Okay. I love you. I have to go help Daddy. – Okay. | -我爱你 我得去帮爸爸了 -好的 |
[22:23] | – You wanna color with me? – Okay. | -你想跟我一起涂色吗 -好 |
[22:27] | We’ll color it in yellow. | 我们把它涂成黄色 |
[22:36] | This footage just came in from Langley, Mr. President. | 这段短片刚从中情局送来 总统先生 |
[22:38] | We estimate that within the next 18 hours, | 我们预计在接下来的十八个小时之内 |
[22:40] | the entire border between the Soviet and American zone | 苏占区和美占区的整个边境 |
[22:43] | will be sealed off. | 将被完全封锁 |
[22:45] | Ambassador Dobrynin told me this is just simply the first step, | 多勃雷宁大使告诉我这只是第一步 |
[22:48] | that their intention is to | 他们的目的是 |
[22:50] | eventually build a, uh, permanent wall. | 最终筑起一道永久性的墙 |
[22:53] | Mac, any idea how long before they, uh, seal the border? | 麦克 你认为再过多久他们会封锁边境 |
[22:56] | Less than a week, unless we intervene. | 一个星期之内 除非我们介入 |
[23:00] | We are going to intervene, aren’t we, Mr. President? | 我们会介入的 对吗 总统先生 |
[23:03] | Well, I-I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[23:06] | I strongly recommend military action, sir. | 我强烈建议采取军事行动 长官 |
[23:08] | Well, I think it’s quite clear that military, uh, involvement | 我认为 很明显 军事干预 |
[23:11] | at this stage is the least desirable option | 是现阶段总统最不愿意考虑的 |
[23:13] | that the President is considering. | 一个选项 |
[23:15] | I thought we were supposed to be | 我原以为 我们应该成为 |
[23:17] | the moral leaders of this world. | 这个世界的道德领袖 |
[23:20] | How do we keep honor, sir, if we turn our backs | 如果对一起很明显的人间惨剧视而不见 |
[23:23] | on what is obviously a human tragedy? | 我们怎能赢得世人的尊重 |
[23:26] | Berlin is 300 miles inside of East Germany. | 柏林在东德境内三百公里的腹地 |
[23:28] | We cannot win a tactical engagement | 我们无法是获得战略胜利的 |
[23:30] | without incurring casualties that would run in the tens of thousands. | 除非付出成千上万人死伤的代价 |
[23:34] | We’re obligated on the NATO agreement | 根据北约协议 我们有义务 |
[23:36] | to come to the aid of West Berlin if they are under threat. | 在西柏林受到威胁的时候支援他们 |
[23:38] | I-I realize that, Mac, but we cannot maintain supply lines | 这个我知道 麦克 但是我们无法 |
[23:42] | over that distance through hostile territory. | 在深入敌占区那么远距离的战线上保障补给 |
[23:44] | We are outnumbered 3 to 1. | 在数量上我们可是一比三落后 |
[23:46] | I think you guys are missing the point. | 我觉得你们忽略了重点 |
[23:48] | As far as, uh, I can see, | 根据我的观察 |
[23:51] | West Berlin is not under threat. | 西柏林并没有受到威胁 |
[23:54] | I detest what the Russians are doing here, | 我不喜欢俄国佬做的这些事 |
[23:56] | but this is, uh, essentially a domestic issue | 但这件事本质上是俄国人和东柏林人 |
[23:58] | between them and the East Berliners. | 之间的内部问题 |
[24:01] | Am I to assume then, Mr. President, that you’re willing | 我是不是可以认为 总统先生您愿意 |
[24:03] | to allow this crime against humanity to go unchallenged? | 纵容这样反人性的犯罪行为肆意发生 |
[24:08] | Gentlemen… | 先生们 |
[24:09] | This idea– a wall– | 这个砌墙的点子 |
[24:11] | is, uh, it’s a terrible thing, | 非常糟糕 |
[24:12] | but a war? Christ, that’s worse, | 但发动战争的话就更加糟糕 |
[24:14] | and they’re easier to talk about than they are to win. | 要想取得战争胜利可没有说起来那么容易 |
[24:18] | Now I think we monitor the situation here, | 我觉得我们应该监视这一地区的形势 |
[24:20] | but unless there’s a significant change in the ground conditions, | 但除非有本质上的重大变化 |
[24:22] | I think we stay the hell out. | 否则我们不该淌这趟浑水 |
[24:31] | We are presiding over the demise of this nation | 作为自由世界的道德和军事领袖 |
[24:34] | as the moral and military leader of the free world, | 我们的决定关系到这个国家的生死存亡 |
[24:37] | and you know it. | 你心里也很清楚 |
[24:40] | Well, if you feel so strongly that we’re moving | 如果你如此强烈地认为我们在朝着 |
[24:42] | in the wrong direction, General, | 错误的方向发展 将军 |
[24:44] | I’m sure the President would be willing | 我确信总统会很乐意 |
[24:46] | to accept your resignation. | 接受您的辞呈的 |
[24:55] | Mrs. Kennedy, you were supposed to do the morning show | 肯尼迪夫人 您本来有一个早间节目安排 |
[24:58] | – on Thursday. – Thursday. | -在周四 -周四 |
[24:59] | – Yeah. They need to push it up to tomorrow. – Why? | -他们要把它提前到明天 -为什么 |
[25:02] | Uh, I don’t know, ma’am. They didn’t tell me. | 我不知道 夫人 他们没告诉我 |
[25:04] | Uh, we have to be at the studio at 7:00. | 七点钟我们就必须到达演播室 |
[25:06] | Caroline starts school at 8:00, and I promised her I’d be there. | 卡洛琳八点上学 我答应过会送她去的 |
[25:08] | See if they can do it at 9:00. | 看看他们能不能安排到九点 |
[25:10] | Uh, it has to be at 7:00, ma’am. | 必须是七点 夫人 |
[25:11] | It’s about the White House restoration. | 是关于白宫整修的 |
[25:13] | Uh, all the members of the committee will be there. | 委员会的所有成员都会到场 |
[25:14] | Well, I know all the members of the committee will be there. | 我知道委员会的所有成员都会到场 |
[25:16] | See if they can do it without me. | 看看如果我不去的话行不行 |
[25:18] | Mrs. Kennedy, uh… Look, to be honest, | 肯尼迪夫人 老实说 |
[25:21] | you organized the committee, but without you there, | 你组织了这个委员会 但如果你不去 |
[25:24] | no one cares about the restoration. | 根本没有人会关心整修这件事 |
[25:27] | Tish, I-I have to see my children. | 提什 我必须去看看我的孩子 |
[25:30] | I know that, and I will cancel | 我知道 我会把你这周 |
[25:32] | all your engagements for the rest of this week, | 剩下的所有预约都取消 |
[25:34] | but you really need to do this interview. | 但你真的必须参加这个访谈 |
[25:45] | Can I count on you for the interview? | 你能保证一定会去参加访谈吗 |
[25:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[25:55] | Thank you, ma’am, and I’m sorry. | 谢谢你 夫人 我很抱歉 |
[26:50] | Was that Tish? | 刚才那是提什吗 |
[26:52] | Did you just get home? | 你刚到家吗 |
[26:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:56] | Jeez. | 天呐 |
[26:58] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[27:00] | Well, it was just, uh… | 过得 |
[27:03] | A little, uh, more of the same. | 跟平时差不多吧 |
[27:06] | I’m starting to realize that, uh, this job | 我开始意识到 这份工作 |
[27:09] | is, uh, about choosing between two lousy options, | 就是在两个馊主意之中选择一个 |
[27:13] | and the, uh, right choice | 而正确的选择 |
[27:16] | is the one that’s just a little, uh… | 就是两个当中那一个 |
[27:19] | a little less lousy. | 稍微不那么馊的主意 |
[27:23] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[27:27] | Fine. | 还好吧 |
[27:29] | Fine? I hear you’re doing great over there | 只是还好吗 我听说你在白宫西翼 |
[27:31] | at the, uh… West Wing. | 做得相当不错啊 |
[27:33] | You got a– You got a lot of fans. | 很多人都非常崇拜你 |
[27:36] | Is this the magazine? | 这就是那本杂志吗 |
[27:38] | – God damn it! – Jack! | -该死 -杰克 |
[27:49] | I can’t live like this. | 我不能就这么生活下去 |
[27:52] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[28:02] | Hello? | 喂 |
[28:04] | Chuck, it’s me. | 查克 是我 |
[28:05] | Hi, Jack. How ya doin’? | 嗨 杰克 你好吗 |
[28:07] | Well, I’m, uh, getting pretty beat up over here. | 我的日子挺难熬的 |
[28:11] | I’m a little exhausted. | 有一点筋疲力尽了 |
[28:12] | I need something to keep me going. | 我需要点东西让我振作精神 |
[28:13] | And your doctor still won’t give you amphetamines? | 你的医生还是不肯给你用安非他命吗 |
[28:16] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[28:17] | Who’s the, uh, who’s the fella you mentioned, the doctor? | 你上次提到的那个医生是谁 |
[28:20] | Oh, you mean Feelgood. His name is Max Jacobson. | 你是说”好感觉”医生 他的名字叫迈克斯·雅各布森 |
[28:22] | Jacobson? | 雅各布森 |
[28:23] | Pfft. Oh, I know people call me Dr. Feelgood. | 我知道人们叫我”好感觉”医生 |
[28:27] | I’m not insulted by this. | 我可没因此而觉得受辱 |
[28:29] | I want my patients to feel good. | 因为我确实希望我的病人感觉好一些 |
[28:32] | Well, my, uh, friend Chuck Spalding tells me, uh, | 我的朋友查克·斯帕丁告诉我 |
[28:37] | everyone in New York swears by ya. | 您在纽约极有口碑 |
[28:41] | How, uh, | 多久 呃 |
[28:43] | how long until it, uh, takes effect? | 多久发挥药效 |
[28:46] | Before I’m out the gate, Mr. President. | 几乎立竿见影 总统先生 |
[28:52] | Yeah. Ja, gut. | 好 是 很好 |
[28:53] | Yeah? All right. | 好了吗 好 |
[28:55] | Well, I’d, uh, | 我 |
[28:57] | like to pay you in cash. | 拿现金支付吧 |
[28:59] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[29:01] | This country saved my life. | 这个国家拯救了我 |
[29:04] | I would never charge you. | 我决不会收您的钱 |
[29:07] | However, if you wish to recommend my services | 不过如果您愿意推荐我 |
[29:10] | to some of your friends, | 给您的朋友们 |
[29:13] | I will be happy to charge them. | 我很乐意收他们的钱 |
[29:16] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[29:17] | I will see you in a few days, Mr. President. | 那过几天再会了 总统先生 |
[29:29] | This footage came in last night. | 这段录像昨晚才收到 |
[29:32] | The East German guards have shoot-to-kill orders. | 东德边防士兵接到了格杀勿论的命令 |
[29:38] | Have there been any fatalities so far? | 到目前为止有伤亡吗 |
[29:40] | Yes, but as you can see, there’s still lots of people | 有 但就您所见 还是有很多人 |
[29:43] | who are willing to take the risk. | 愿意冒这个险 |
[29:44] | Yeah, and getting killed for it. | 并会因此丧生 |
[29:47] | I have one concern, Mr. President. | 我有个担忧 总统先生 |
[29:49] | It just seems that we’re handing the Communists | 看起来我们把一个又一个胜利 |
[29:51] | one success after another. | 拱手送给了共产党 |
[29:53] | General, this is the best example we have | 将军 这是苏联模式 |
[29:56] | of the failure of Communism. | 行不通的最好例证 |
[29:58] | I, uh, I want to get this to the networks. They have it? | 把这个交给电视台 他们有了吗 |
[30:01] | -No. -Get it to ’em. | – 还没有 – 给他们吧 |
[30:03] | Bobby, we get this on the air tonight. | 波比 我们今晚把这个播出 |
[30:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[30:07] | Show the whole damn world what Communism’s all about. | 让世界知道苏联人是怎么回事儿 |
[30:12] | 曼哈顿先驱报 司法部对黑帮提起诉讼 山姆·吉安卡纳及其芝加哥团伙成为目标 | |
[30:12] | Yeah, I read about it. | 我读过了 |
[30:14] | Did you talk to Giancana? | 你跟吉安卡纳通过话了吗 |
[30:16] | When they served him the indictment, he went out of his mind. | 他们递交传票的时候 他气疯了 |
[30:18] | He’s threatening everybody– | 他威胁每一个人 |
[30:19] | you, Jack, Bobby. | 你 杰克 波比 |
[30:21] | He– he’s gone crazy. | 他 他发疯了 |
[30:23] | I-I don’t know what he’s gonna do. | 我不清楚他要干什么 |
[30:25] | Did you tell him I had nothing to do with it? | 你跟他说我跟这件事没有关系了吗 |
[30:27] | I-I tried. I-I couldn’t get through to him. | 我想说 但没法跟他讲道理 |
[30:30] | I never seen the guy like this. | 我从没见过他气成这样 |
[30:32] | Your association with this family is at an end. | 你和我们家的缘分到此为止了 |
[30:36] | Do you understand me? | 听懂我的话了吗 |
[30:37] | Mr. Ambassador, please. | 大使先生 求你了 |
[30:39] | I helped get Jack elected. | 杰克竞选我也出了力啊 |
[30:41] | You didn’t do a damn thing. | 你什么力都没出 |
[30:43] | You sang some songs. | 就唱了几首歌 |
[30:54] | Mrs. Kennedy, it’s Tish. | 肯尼迪夫人 我是提什 |
[31:00] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[31:02] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[31:04] | The UNICEF breakfast | 联合国儿童基金会午宴 |
[31:05] | is about to start in the East Room. | 马上要在东会议室开始了 |
[31:09] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[31:10] | Yes, ma’am. I think you overslept. | 是的 夫人 您睡过头了 |
[31:15] | Mrs. Kennedy, if you’re not able to do it, | 肯尼迪夫人 如果您无法出席 |
[31:17] | I’ll just tell them that you’re not feeling well. | 我就去告诉他们您身体不适 |
[31:21] | No. | 不 |
[31:24] | I’ll be there. | 我这就去 |
[31:26] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 夫人 |
[31:41] | Ohh. Please forgive me. | 请宽恕我 |
[31:59] | Help me protect my sons. | 帮我保护我的儿子们 |
[32:03] | That’s what this is about? | 你跟我见面就为这事儿吗 |
[32:06] | I need to know what Hoover’s got on Sam Giancana. | 我得知道胡佛手上有山姆·吉安卡纳的什么把柄 |
[32:10] | You know Hoover better than I do. Ask him. | 你跟胡佛更熟 自己问他好了 |
[32:13] | No, I-I can’t. | 不 不行 |
[32:15] | Bobby’s his boss. | 波比是他的上司 |
[32:17] | It’s– it’s… it’s too close. It’s– | 太 关系太近了 |
[32:20] | Well, you were in the bureau for 25 years. | 你在联邦调查局干了二十五年 |
[32:21] | You know what’s in the files. | 你知道他档案里都写了什么 |
[32:23] | I’m retired. I can’t get access to– | 我退休了 现在没权限 |
[32:25] | Oh, don’t give me that, Bill. | 别跟我来这套 比尔 |
[32:26] | You still know the guys down there. | 你在局里还是有很多关系的 |
[32:30] | I can’t do it. | 我不能这么做 |
[32:32] | Even if I could, what are you gonna do, | 即使我可以 你要怎么做 |
[32:35] | go after Giancana yourself? | 亲自对付吉安卡纳吗 |
[32:37] | I just need him to know | 我只是想让他知道 |
[32:39] | that I know where he’s weak. | 我知道他的弱点 |
[32:41] | He’s not. | 他没有弱点 |
[32:42] | That’s why he’s Sam Giancana. | 所以他才是山姆·吉安卡纳 |
[32:47] | I gotta do something. | 我必须要做点什么 |
[32:49] | Who knows what this animal is capable of? | 谁知道这个畜生会做出什么事儿来 |
[32:52] | Joe… | 乔 |
[32:54] | Unless you’re talking about going all the way… | 除非你是说专门去把他… |
[32:57] | No. No, no. | 不 不 不 |
[32:58] | Then leave it alone. | 那就别管了 |
[33:04] | Jack and Bobby can take care of themselves. | 杰克和波比会照顾好他们自己的 |
[33:25] | – Thank you for coming down here. – Sure. | -谢谢您抽空过来 -没事 |
[33:28] | Clyde said it was urgent. | 克莱德说情况紧急 |
[33:30] | I don’t think that’s an overstatement. | 我不认为那是危言耸听 |
[33:33] | As you requested, | 根据您的要求 |
[33:33] | we’ve cast the widest net possible | 我们已经对这个犯罪集团的已知成员 |
[33:35] | on known members of organized crime. | 撒下了天罗地网 |
[33:38] | Let me just play this for you. | 请听这段录音 |
[33:41] | The first voice you hear is that of Sam Giancana. | 第一段录音来自于山姆 吉安卡纳 |
[33:43] | He’s speaking with a Johnny Roselli, | 同一位叫做约翰尼·罗塞利的谈话 |
[33:45] | – who is a small-time– – Sure. I know who Roselli is. | -他是一位 -我知道罗塞利是谁 |
[33:48] | All right. Good. | 那好 |
[33:52] | Sinatra was down at the hotel in Florida. | 辛纳特拉在佛罗里达一家旅馆 |
[33:55] | He said he was gonna talk to the old man. | 他说他要去跟老头子谈谈 |
[33:57] | You mean Joe? | 你是说乔吗 |
[33:58] | Yeah. Maybe one of these days the guy will do us a favor. | 嗯 可能到时候他能帮上咱的忙 |
[34:04] | Between you and me, | 私下跟你说 |
[34:04] | Sinatra saw Joe Kennedy three different times. | 辛纳特拉见过乔·肯尼迪三次 |
[34:07] | Joe Kennedy– you know, the father of the President. | 乔·肯尼迪 就是总统的老爸 |
[34:16] | How would you like to proceed? | 你要怎么处理 |
[34:28] | Well, no, it’s working. | 不 很有效 |
[34:29] | I can’t believe the way I feel. | 我都不敢相信我的感觉 |
[34:30] | I haven’t had this much energy in years. | 好久没这么有精神了 |
[34:32] | Oh, I’m delighted to hear it, Mr. President. | 很高兴听你这么说 总统先生 |
[34:34] | You should feel the benefits for some time, | 您会感受到很长一段时间的疗效 |
[34:35] | and of course I will be in touch, | 当然可以随时跟我联系 |
[34:37] | and we will see how it goes. | 我们再看进展如何 |
[34:38] | All right. Well, we’ll see you in a couple of days then. | 那好 那过些日子再见了 |
[34:41] | Good day, Mr. President. | 祝您愉快 总统先生 |
[34:44] | But the wiretap was vague. It’s nothing actionable. | 但是窃听得很不清楚 不足以控告 |
[34:47] | Nothing actionable? | 你说不足以控告吗 |
[34:48] | Well, not unless there’s clear evidence of wrongdoing. | 除非有他们违法行为的确切证据 |
[34:50] | Dad’s name came out of Sam Giancana’s mouth, for Christ sake. | 从山姆·吉安卡纳嘴里说出爸爸的名字 我的天 |
[34:54] | Hoover knows about it. | 胡佛已经知道了 |
[34:55] | Well, I-I think we should speak to Dad first | 我觉得应该先跟老爸说 |
[34:57] | and find out what it’s about. | 问明事情的原委 |
[34:58] | It’s about the election. | 肯定是关于当年的大选 |
[34:59] | No, no, no. We don’t know that yet. | 不要这么说 事情还没弄清楚 |
[35:01] | It’s the only thing that makes any sense. | 只有这事才说得通 |
[35:03] | It’s the only thing that would tie Dad together | 只有这件事能把爸爸跟 |
[35:04] | with, uh, Sinatra and Giancana. | 辛纳特拉和吉安卡纳联系起来 |
[35:08] | We needed Chicago. | 我们当时需要芝加哥的选票 |
[35:09] | He controls the unions. He controls half the precincts up there. | 而他控制着当地的工会和半数选区 |
[35:13] | Well, it’s only an issue if he made an actual deal, | 重点是他有没有和对方达成协议 |
[35:17] | and I find it hard to believe that he would do that. | 很难相信他会如此鲁莽 |
[35:19] | Bobby, he was desperate to win. | 波比 他当时极度渴望赢得选举 |
[35:24] | Well, I just– I don’t think we should jump to conclusions here. | 我还是认为不要妄下结论 |
[35:28] | Well, you may be right, | 也许事实如你所言 |
[35:29] | but if he’s, uh, mixed up in this thing, | 但如果他确曾参与此事 |
[35:32] | I’m gonna protect the Presidency. | 我将优先保住总统的职位 |
[35:45] | I went to, uh, mass today. | 我今天去做了弥撒 |
[35:50] | It’s Wednesday. | 今天是星期三 |
[35:52] | I know. I just felt like going, really. | 我知道 但我就是想去 |
[35:57] | Well, I wish you would’ve called me. | 真希望你当时打电话给我 |
[35:58] | I would’ve gone with you. | 我会和你一起去的 |
[36:06] | I was, um… | 我当时 |
[36:08] | thinking about my mother. | 想起了我母亲 |
[36:14] | When I was, uh, a child, | 在我很小的时候 |
[36:16] | she used to take me to church with her. | 她常带我去教堂 |
[36:19] | She, uh, taught me that God loves us, | 她对我说 上帝爱我们每一个人 |
[36:25] | and by doing what’s right, | 我们通过做正确的事情 |
[36:26] | we show our love for him. | 来向他表达我们的爱 |
[36:30] | I believe that, too. | 我也相信这句话 |
[36:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:38] | It’s just that when you’re a child, | 当你还是孩子的时候 |
[36:41] | it’s easy to know what’s right. | 很容易分辨黑白 |
[36:47] | Not so easy anymore. | 但长大后就没那么容易了 |
[36:59] | What time did his plane land? | 他的飞机什么时候降落的 |
[37:01] | About, uh, 30 minutes ago. | 大概半小时以前 |
[37:07] | If you’re, uh, around this weekend, | 你周末有空的话 |
[37:10] | maybe we can get the kids together. | 我们把孩子们都接过来吧 |
[37:13] | Yeah, I’ll talk to Jackie. | 好 我会和杰姬说的 |
[37:19] | – Yes? – Mr. President, the Ambassador is here. | -什么事 -总统先生 大使先生到了 |
[37:22] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[37:32] | What’s so important? | 什么事这么重要 |
[37:33] | Why couldn’t we do this over the phone? | 为什么不能在电话里说 |
[37:36] | Well, Dad, uh, come on in here. Sit down. | 爸爸 您过来吧 请坐 |
[37:47] | So what’s the big mystery? | 什么事这么神秘 |
[37:52] | Uh, we wanted to talk to you about a tape I heard. | 我们要和您讨论 我听到的一盘录音带 |
[37:55] | It’s a wiretap of Giancana. | 是窃听吉安卡纳时得到的 |
[37:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:00] | He was talking to Johnny Roselli about you and Sinatra. | 他当时在和约翰尼·罗塞利讨论你和辛纳特拉 |
[38:04] | About me? | 关于我的 |
[38:05] | Yes, you. | 对 关于你的 |
[38:08] | He mentioned that, uh, Sinatra met with you | 他提到辛纳特拉在竞选期间 |
[38:12] | on several occasions during the campaign, Dad. | 曾多次与你会面 爸爸 |
[38:15] | Well, I… I talk to Frank from time to time. So what? | 我有时会与弗兰克聊聊 怎么了 |
[38:19] | Well, we understand that, | 这点我们能理解 |
[38:20] | but why would Giancana know about it? | 但吉安卡纳怎么会知道 |
[38:23] | Well… Sinatra runs his mouth. | 辛纳特拉喜欢吹牛 |
[38:26] | He tells everybody in the world | 他想让全世界的人都知道 |
[38:27] | he’s a friend of the Kennedys. | 他是肯尼迪家的朋友 |
[38:28] | It’s the biggest thing in the guy’s life. | 这就是他这辈子最大的事了 |
[38:29] | So what the hell is this? | 你们这是干什么 |
[38:30] | Why are you wasting my time with this crap? | 你为什么要为这种小事浪费我的时间 |
[38:31] | No, no. This is not crap, Dad. | 不 这不是小事 爸爸 |
[38:33] | This is not a trivial matter. | 这件事非同小可 |
[38:35] | This, uh, distresses us a great deal. | 这件事让我们非常困扰 |
[38:38] | We need to know what Sinatra said to Giancana. | 我们想知道辛纳特拉对吉安卡纳说了什么 |
[38:42] | These guys say a million things to each other. | 他俩说过的话多了去了 |
[38:47] | Was it about the election? | 是关于选举的事吗 |
[38:48] | How the hell would I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[38:50] | Christ, Dad, I need to know the truth here. | 天呐 爸爸 我现在需要知道真相 |
[38:52] | Did you make a deal with | 您有没有为了芝加哥的选票 |
[38:53] | Giancana to deliver Chicago? | 而与吉安卡纳达成协议 |
[38:54] | – Is that why we won up there? – No. | -我们是因此赢得当地选票的吗 -不是 |
[38:56] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[38:58] | We need to hear the truth from you. | 我们要从您这里得知真相 |
[39:01] | We need the truth here. | 我们要得到真相 |
[39:11] | Sinatra did the deal on his own. | 是辛纳特拉和他达成了协议 |
[39:13] | I had nothing to do with it. | 这事与我无关 |
[39:15] | Yeah, but you met with Giancana. | 但你确实见过吉安卡纳 |
[39:16] | To convince him to support you. | 去说服他支持你 |
[39:18] | That was– that was the end. | 仅此而已 |
[39:20] | After I left, Sinatra sat down, | 我离开以后 辛纳特拉又坐回去 |
[39:22] | and the dumb bastard said that he and his boys | 这混蛋向他保证说只要是肯尼迪家当政 |
[39:24] | would have a free ride under a Kennedy Administration. | 他和他的帮派就能为所欲为 |
[39:31] | And you swear you didn’t know anything about it? | 您发誓当时对此一无所知吗 |
[39:32] | Absolutely not. Not until the indictments came out. | 千真万确 直到司法部开始指控 |
[39:35] | Sinatra phoned me, wetting himself about, uh, | 辛纳特拉哭着给我打电话说 |
[39:38] | Giancana going crazy. | 吉安卡纳发怒了 |
[39:39] | I didn’t tell you because I thought | 没有告诉你们是因为 |
[39:41] | the whole thing would blow over. | 我以为这事会过去的 |
[39:44] | I thought I-I could… | 我以为我能 |
[39:47] | I could, uh, take care of it myself | 我以为我能自己处理好 |
[39:48] | without bringing you boys in, but, uh… | 用不着把你们哥俩牵扯进来 但是 |
[39:54] | but I couldn’t. | 但是我失败了 |
[40:00] | Jesus, Dad. This, uh… | 天啊 爸爸 这件事 |
[40:03] | this puts us in a, uh, tough spot here. | 这件事让我们非常被动 |
[40:08] | Yeah, I-I know it does. | 对 我 我知道 |
[40:19] | I’m sure you had the, uh, best intentions. | 我相信您的初衷是好的 |
[40:21] | You always have. | 您一直是这样 |
[40:23] | But this, uh… | 但这件事 |
[40:26] | this affects our whole moral position tremendously. | 这件事对我们的道德形象影响很大 |
[40:28] | I mean, uh, regardless of your intent, Dad, | 我是说 如果不考虑您的初衷 爸爸 |
[40:32] | this is, uh, a matter of perception now. | 这就是个见仁见智的问题了 |
[40:41] | I, uh… | 我 |
[40:43] | I owe you more than I could ever repay. | 我的报答远比不上您为我所做的一切 |
[40:46] | Well, we all do. | 我们两个都是 |
[40:47] | No. No, no. I don’t– I don’t want to hear that. | 别 别 我不想听你们这么说 |
[40:49] | No, I think you need to. | 我们还是要说 |
[40:51] | I-I believe none of this, uh, | 我相信这一切 |
[40:54] | none of this would’ve been possible without you, and… | 这一切都不会实现 如果没有您的话 |
[40:59] | But now I’m out. | 但现在我要引退了 |
[41:05] | Well… we’re not, uh, we’re not saying– | 其实我们并不是说 |
[41:09] | Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no. That’s– that’s how it has to be. | 别别别 别说了 理应如此 |
[41:12] | I-I have to disappear. | 我必须要引退 |
[41:16] | I can’t be part of your Presidency anymore, | 我不能再与你的总统身份有任何联系 |
[41:20] | even as an advisor. | 哪怕只是作为顾问 |
[41:25] | And don’t talk about repayment. | 不要谈报答 |
[41:27] | I’ve been repaid a thousand times. | 你们报答我的已经够多了 |
[41:31] | The kind of men you are, | 你们今天的作为 |
[41:34] | what you’re trying to do for this country… | 为这个国家所尽的努力 |
[41:40] | it’s beyond… | 远远超越了 |
[41:44] | it– it’s beyond anything I ever dreamed. | 远远超越了我的梦想 |
[41:56] | I love you, boys. | 我爱你们 孩子们 |
[42:39] | You should begin to feel better almost immediately. | 您应该会马上感到有所好转 |
[42:43] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[42:45] | Good day, madam. | 祝您今天顺利 女士 |