时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | ♪ Oh it ain’t no use ♪ | ♪ 毫無用處 ♪ |
[00:35] | ♪ To sit and sigh ♪ | ♪ 呆坐嘆氣 ♪ |
[00:39] | ♪ My darling ♪ | ♪ 我親愛的 ♪ |
[00:42] | ♪ And it ain’t no use ♪ | ♪ 毫無意義 ♪ |
[00:44] | ♪ To sit and cry now ♪ | ♪ 呆坐哭泣 ♪ |
[00:49] | ♪ ‘Tain’t no use to ♪ | ♪ 毫無意義 ♪ |
[00:51] | ♪ Sit and wonder why ♪ | ♪ 呆坐思考 ♪ |
[00:55] | ♪ Darling ♪ | ♪ 親愛的 ♪ |
[00:57] | ♪ Just wonder who’s gonna buy you ribbons ♪ | ♪ 想知道誰 當我離去 ♪ |
[01:00] | Where’s the party? | 聚會在哪 |
[01:01] | ♪ When I’m gone ♪ | ♪ 誰還會給你買髮帶 ♪ |
[01:06] | ♪ Remember what you said to me ♪ | ♪ 還記得你對我說過什麼嗎 ♪ |
[01:10] | ♪ Last summer ♪ | ♪ 去年夏天 ♪ |
[01:13] | ♪ When you see me walking ♪ | ♪ 當你看著 ♪ |
[01:17] | ♪ Down that road ♪ | ♪ 我走過那條路 ♪ |
[01:21] | ♪ So it ain’t no use ♪ | ♪ 沒有任何意義 ♪ |
[01:23] | ♪ To sit and sigh my darling ♪ | ♪ 呆坐嘆氣 親愛的 ♪ |
[01:29] | ♪ And it ain’t no use ♪ | ♪ 沒有任何意義 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ To sit and cry now ♪ | ♪ 呆坐哭泣 ♪ |
[01:37] | ♪ Ain’t no use ♪ | ♪ 沒有任何意義 ♪ |
[01:38] | ♪ To sit and wonder why ♪ | ♪ 呆坐思考 ♪ |
[01:40] | To each his own. | 蘿蔔青菜 各有所愛 |
[01:42] | My last meal gonna be a T-bone | 我最後一頓飯一定是一份丁骨牛扒 |
[01:44] | and some licorice rolls. | 和一些甘草卷 |
[01:46] | ♪ Buy you ribbons ♪ | ♪ 但我離開之後 ♪ |
[01:49] | ♪ When I’m gone ♪ | ♪ 誰給你買髮帶 ♪ |
[02:40] | They say time, | 據說 |
[02:42] | and space are both immutable, | 時間和空間是不可改變的 |
[02:45] | governed by laws that cannot be broken. | 受制於不可違背的規則 |
[02:49] | All I have to say to that is… | 我只能說… |
[02:54] | Laws were meant to be broken, | 規則就是用來打破的 |
[02:57] | and that’s why they call me… | 這就是他們為什麼叫我… |
[03:01] | The amazing Pickle-ini. | 神奇的酸瓜大師[和魔術大師胡迪尼諧音] |
[03:09] | Outstanding. | 太棒了 |
[03:10] | I am completely bamboozled | 我完全被這個 |
[03:13] | by this master magician. | 魔術大師迷住了 |
[03:16] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[03:17] | You’re not watching. | 你都沒看我表演 |
[03:19] | I’m sorry, Phil. | 抱歉 菲爾 |
[03:20] | You’re right. | 你說的對 |
[03:22] | Can we take a… brief intermission? | 我們能… 暫時休息一下嗎 |
[03:24] | What’s wrong, Dad? | 怎麼了 爸爸 |
[03:26] | He isn’t paying attention, again. | 他又跑神了 |
[03:30] | “My father doesn’t want to ask this, | “我爸爸不想這樣請求 |
[03:31] | “but it would mean a lot to him | “但是 如果他過世的時候 |
[03:33] | “if you could be there when he passes. | “您能在那的話 這對他意義重大 |
[03:35] | His last wish was to meet you in person.” | 他最後的願望就是能親眼見到您” |
[03:38] | Sorry, Jeff. Which friend is this? | 抱歉 傑夫 這是哪個朋友 |
[03:41] | Uh, this is my pen pal, Joey. | 這是我的筆友喬伊 |
[03:42] | The state of Ohio’s gonna execute him | 後天 他就會在俄亥俄州 |
[03:44] | day after tomorrow. | 被處死 |
[03:46] | Oh, that friend. | 那個朋友啊 |
[03:48] | Who’s… who’s Joey? | 誰… 誰是喬伊 |
[03:50] | The Wendy’s Killer. | 殺死溫蒂的那個 |
[03:52] | You know, I’ve been thinking about it, and I really | 你們知道嗎 我一直在想這事 我真的 |
[03:53] | – want to attend the ceremony. – Ceremony? | -很想參加這個典禮 -典禮 |
[03:55] | What ceremony? This is a murderer’s execution. | 什麼典禮 那可是處決殺人犯 |
[03:59] | A boy is going to watch | 一個男孩要看著 |
[04:00] | his father wheeled into a death chamber. | 自己的父親被推進行刑室 |
[04:03] | I don’t see why I can’t hold his hand when I have two | 我不明白 為什麼我有兩隻手 |
[04:05] | – to spare. – I don’t know, Jeff. | -但卻不能握著他 -我不知道 傑夫 |
[04:06] | What if you just sit down with the son, | 你可以和他的兒子一起坐下來 |
[04:08] | or… or take the family out for a meal? | 或者… 帶他們家人出去吃頓飯 |
[04:10] | Hey, anyone under five feet tall, | 個子不到一米五的夥計們 |
[04:13] | let’s go look at stuff upstairs. | 跟我去樓上看看 |
[04:15] | Me too, please. | 我也要上去 |
[04:19] | If you’re worried about controversy, | 如果你擔心引起什麼爭議的話 |
[04:21] | I feel I must remind you | 那我必須提醒你 |
[04:23] | that in 1989, I shared a cup of coffee | 1989年 我和一個艾滋病陽性的人 |
[04:25] | with an HIV-positive individual, | 喝過同一杯咖啡 |
[04:27] | and that show won a Peabody Award. | 然後那次的節目獲得了皮博迪獎[美國廣播電視文化成就獎] |
[04:29] | This isn’t fighting for social justice. | 這不是什麼爭取社會正義的時刻 |
[04:31] | They wouldn’t round the corners | 他們不會到處傳播 |
[04:33] | on this guy’s bacon cheeseburger, | 這個人的培根芝士漢堡 |
[04:35] | and he killed three redheaded women | 他用錘子殺了三個 |
[04:36] | – with a hammer. – Four. | -紅髮女人 -四個 |
[04:38] | Phil. | 菲爾 |
[04:39] | Three were with hammers. | 三個是用錘子殺的 |
[04:40] | One was pure strength. | 另外一個是被掐死的 |
[04:41] | The hammer was a myth. It was a wrench. | 錘子是假的 其實是一把扳手 |
[04:44] | Can you please stop cataloguing | 你可以別在空閒時間 |
[04:46] | the nation’s homicides in your spare time? | 討論這樁全國知名的殺人案嗎 |
[04:48] | It’s teaching me how to spreadsheet. | 我正在學如何用電子錶格 |
[04:50] | When are you leaving? | 你什麼時候走 |
[04:52] | Why? You want to go to Belize? | 怎麼了 你想去伯利茲嗎 |
[04:55] | I’m not being serious. | 我沒開玩笑 |
[04:57] | Why don’t you just write a check, like Dad or Poppy? | 你為什麼不能就寫一張支票 像爸爸或者波比一樣 |
[05:00] | Anybody can stuff money in an envelope. | 任何人都可以在信封裏裝錢 |
[05:02] | I really… I wanted to build a school for girls. | 我真的…我想為女孩們建所學校 |
[05:05] | So now, every time I go, they know my name, | 所以現在 每次我去的時候 他們都知道我的名字 |
[05:08] | and it’s just the most fulfilling week I have. | 而這就是我最充實的一周了 |
[05:12] | So the Indica School for Girls was your dream? | 所以印度女子學校就是你的夢想 |
[05:15] | You could say that. | 可以這麼說吧 |
[05:16] | So this is a girl called Julietta. | 這個女孩叫朱麗葉塔 |
[05:20] | She’s 14 here, but | 她14歲了 但是 |
[05:22] | when I met her, she was three. | 我遇見她的時候 她才3歲 |
[05:24] | She didn’t even own pants. | 她都沒有褲子穿 |
[05:25] | She had holes cut into a Doritos bag. | 她穿的是多力多滋的包裝袋 |
[05:28] | So now, every time I see her, | 所以現在每次我見到她的時候 |
[05:30] | we go shopping. | 我們就去購物 |
[05:31] | You’re impressive and inspiring. | 你很棒 太鼓舞人了 |
[05:35] | She is. | 她的確是 |
[05:37] | What if I just slip in, | 如果我偷偷溜進去 |
[05:39] | you know, through the back door? | 從後門溜進去呢 |
[05:41] | No one would ever have to notice. | 沒有人會注意到 |
[05:42] | I know you want to support your friend, | 我知道你想支持你的朋友 |
[05:44] | but some friends murder and don’t deserve support. | 但是有些朋友殺人 他們不值得你的支持 |
[05:47] | People murder because they’ve never had support. | 之所以有人會謀殺別人 就是因為他們沒有得到過支持 |
[05:49] | Lethal injection is wrong. | 注射死亡是錯誤的 |
[05:52] | Isn’t that what we believe? | 我們不都是這樣想的嗎 |
[05:53] | Can I go to the execution? | 我可以去觀看行刑嗎 |
[05:54] | – No, kiddo, you can’t. – Please stop asking. | -不 孩子 你不能去 -別問了 |
[05:57] | Honey, I know you want to be there, | 親愛的 我知道你想去 |
[05:59] | but victims’ families | 但受害者的家屬 |
[06:01] | attend these things, so if you go, | 也會出席這些場合 |
[06:03] | you’ll have to sit next to them. | 如果你去的話 就要坐在他們旁邊 |
[06:05] | You’ll have to make eye contact with them. | 你得跟他們進行眼神交流 |
[06:07] | Are you sure you can do that? | 你確定你能做到嗎 |
[06:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:11] | I think so. | 應該能行吧 |
[06:13] | I believe in forgiveness. | 我相信寬恕的力量 |
[06:16] | Give this decision some thought, hm? | 再考慮一下這個決定 好嗎 |
[06:19] | Not everyone needs a friend. | 並非所有人都需要朋友 |
[06:27] | I’m sorry I didn’t pay attention | 抱歉 我沒注意看 |
[06:28] | to your magic trick. | 你的魔術 |
[06:30] | Okay. | 沒關係 |
[06:32] | Night. | 晚安 |
[06:38] | Will? | 威爾 |
[06:41] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什麼 |
[06:42] | Oh, uh, my, uh, winter clothes. | 噢 我的冬裝 |
[06:45] | For what purpose do you need your winter clothes? | 你要冬裝幹什麼 |
[06:47] | I, uh… I want to collect the ones | 我… 我想把不合身的衣服 |
[06:49] | that don’t fit me as well | 都收拾出來 |
[06:50] | and donate them to the indigent. | 捐贈給窮人 |
[06:52] | That’s very thoughtful. | 你想得太周到了 |
[06:54] | Thanks. | 謝謝 |
[06:55] | Hey, want to come down to the kitchen? | 喂 到廚房來一下吧 |
[06:58] | I got something I want to show you. | 我有東西想給你看 |
[06:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:04] | Say when. | 夠了就說一聲 |
[07:05] | Oh, when. When. | 夠了 夠了 |
[07:20] | Now, as you know, this is the season | 你知道 酸瓜家族的 |
[07:26] | for Pickles family giving. | 贈予季到了 |
[07:30] | So, I am going to give this to you | 所以 我要給你這張支票 |
[07:36] | and you get to decide where it goes. | 你來決定怎麼花 |
[07:39] | Really? | 真的嗎 |
[07:41] | Any cause you want. | 隨你支用 |
[07:50] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:51] | You’re in anesthesiology, right? | 你是麻醉科的 對吧 |
[07:54] | That’s me. Peter. | 沒錯 我是彼得 |
[07:55] | The difference between life and death. | 生與死的差異 |
[07:57] | I have a burning question. | 我有個困擾已久的問題 |
[07:59] | I’m curious if the drugs used to lethally inject prisoners | 我很想知道 給死囚注射的致命藥物 |
[08:02] | are painful or not. | 到底疼不疼 |
[08:03] | Well, the only people that can answer that are dead. | 好吧 這個問題只有死人才能回答了 |
[08:06] | Right. | 好吧 |
[08:07] | And standing right in front of you. | 還有站在你面前的人 |
[08:10] | Sorry, bad… right. | 抱歉 說了個冷笑話… |
[08:12] | Think of it as a three-pronged | 把這種注射劑想像成三合一 |
[08:14] | cocktail, right? | 雞尾酒 好嗎 |
[08:16] | First is potassium chloride. | 首先是氯化鉀 |
[08:17] | That’s the bad stuff. Imagine getting antifreeze | 這玩意兒讓人可難受 想像一下往手臂裏 |
[08:20] | shot into your arm. | 注射防凍液 |
[08:21] | Second is thiopental. | 然後是硫賁妥納 |
[08:23] | That’s a barbiturate that’s supposed | 那是種能鎮痛的 |
[08:24] | to kill the pain. | 巴比妥鎮靜劑 |
[08:26] | But it’s short-acting. It can wear off pretty fast. | 不過是短效的 很快就失效了 |
[08:30] | Finally, uh, you have pancuronium bromide. | 最後 是泮庫溴銨 |
[08:33] | That’s a paralytic agent. | 麻痹效果一流 |
[08:34] | The problem is, uh, | 問題是 |
[08:37] | we don’t know if the poor fellow’s feeling | 我們不知道這可憐的傢伙 |
[08:39] | any discomfort, ’cause… | 是否會覺得不適 因為… |
[08:41] | he’s been rendered paralyzed by now, right. | 他現在已經被徹底麻痹了 |
[08:43] | I can’t believe all that’s legal. | 不敢相信這竟然是合法的 |
[08:46] | Are you thinking of putting someone to death? | 你想殺死某人嗎 |
[08:48] | Not anymore. | 再也不想了 |
[08:51] | Anything else I can help you with? | 還有其他需要我幫忙的嗎 |
[08:53] | No. | 沒有了 |
[08:54] | That covers it. | 那就夠了 |
[08:57] | See you around. | 回見 |
[09:01] | Hey, what’s your name? | 嘿 你叫什麼名字 |
[09:10] | You’re right. | 你說得對 |
[09:12] | I don’t want to wade into controversy. | 我不想被捲入爭議中 |
[09:14] | I don’t want to make the end of that man’s life about me, | 我不想讓那個男人生命的最後一刻只有我 |
[09:17] | or about us. | 或者我們 |
[09:19] | You’re making the better choice. | 你做出了更好的選擇 |
[09:21] | I do want to send | 我想把多年來 |
[09:22] | his son the letters that he’s written to me | 他寫給我的信寄給他兒子 |
[09:25] | over the years. They’re increasingly eloquent. | 它們越來越有說服力了 |
[09:27] | He deserves to have them. | 這些信是他應得的 |
[09:28] | They’re in the drawer. | 信在抽屜裏 |
[09:29] | Oh, not this one. | 不是這個抽屜 |
[09:32] | That one. | 那個 |
[09:33] | This one’s for non-prison pen pals. | 這封信來自一個牢外的筆友 |
[09:45] | Yo, Derrell, have you had your break today? | 喂 德萊爾 你今天休息嗎 |
[09:48] | That’s McDonald’s. | 那是麥當勞 |
[09:56] | Gina says she’s not coming to see Dad. | 吉娜說她不想去看爸爸了 |
[09:58] | Her own brother? Why? | 那是她自己的哥哥啊 為什麼 |
[10:00] | – Mom, Mr. Pickles wrote back? – Uh-huh. | -媽媽 酸瓜先生回信了嗎 -對啊 |
[10:03] | – What’d he say? – He’s not coming. | -他寫了些什麼 -他不來了 |
[10:05] | He sent back all the letters your daddy sent him. | 他把你爸爸寄給他的所有的信都寄回來了 |
[10:06] | Guess he don’t want them no more. | 他可能不想再留著這些信了 |
[10:08] | He invited us to dinner. Some Chinese restaurant, | 他邀請我們共進晚餐 不過 |
[10:10] | – though. – I hate Chinese. | -是吃中餐 -我討厭中餐 |
[10:12] | Told you not to get your hopes up high. | 跟你說了 別抱太大希望 |
[10:13] | That’s where your daddy fucked up. | 你爸就是這麼完犢子的 |
[10:15] | He’s still my dad. | 他還是我爸 |
[10:16] | And here’s what you won. Chicken lo mein. | 這就是你得到的回報 雞湯撈面 |
[10:19] | Well, maybe if we just tell him… | 要是我們告訴他… |
[10:20] | Tell him what? | 告訴他什麼 |
[10:22] | Your father killed four white women with red hair. | 你爸殺了四個紅髮女人 |
[10:24] | That’s a credit score of 8,000. Tell him what? | 那可是八千信用評分 告訴他什麼 |
[10:26] | Tell him why. | 告訴他原因 |
[10:27] | Ah, Derrell, they don’t care | 德萊爾 他們不在乎 |
[10:28] | why he did it. He did it. | 他的作案動機 做了就是做了 |
[10:30] | Now come on. | 來吧 |
[10:31] | Mama needs your help. | 媽媽需要你的幫助 |
[10:33] | Here. | 這裏 |
[10:39] | This is for BlackPeopleMeet. | 這是為”黑人會面”準備的 |
[10:48] | He’s over there. | 他在那邊 |
[10:52] | Sorry, Will. | 抱歉 威爾 |
[10:56] | Yo, Phil. | 喂 菲爾 |
[10:57] | What’s it like, having a dad | 有個”戀童癖”老爸 |
[10:58] | who’s a psychic pedophile? | 是什麼感覺 |
[11:00] | Do you mean psychotic? | 你是想說”精神病”嗎 |
[11:02] | I mean he’s a pedophile who molests children, | 我是說 他是個猥褻兒童的戀童癖 |
[11:05] | but can see into the future and knows he won’t get caught. | 但是能預見未來 知道自己不會被抓 |
[11:07] | Oh, you do mean psychic. | 你說的就是精神病 |
[11:12] | Ask your dad if he saw that coming. | 問問你爸 他有沒有預見到我會揍你 |
[11:19] | Here. | 拿著 |
[11:21] | Your nose is bleeding. | 你的鼻子在流血 |
[11:22] | My sorrys. | 很遺憾 |
[11:25] | Thanks. | 謝謝 |
[11:27] | We’re suspending Phil for three days. | 我們要讓菲爾停學三天 |
[11:29] | I hear the other kid started it. | 我聽說是另一個孩子先挑釁的 |
[11:31] | Three days sounds appropriate. | 三天聽起來很合理 |
[11:40] | – Come on, honey. – I told you, | -走吧 寶貝 -我都說了 |
[11:41] | he wasn’t calling me names. | 他不是在罵我 |
[11:42] | He was calling you names. | 他是在罵你 |
[11:44] | Well, if I hit someone | 好吧 如果每次有人 |
[11:45] | every time they called me a kiddy creep, | 罵我戀童癖 我都打人的話 |
[11:47] | you’d be visiting me on death row. | 你現在就是去死囚牢房看望我了 |
[11:49] | I was trying to defend you. | 我是想為你辯護 |
[11:51] | PB and J are ready to teach about opposites. | 花生醬和果醬三明治兄弟準備教反義詞了 |
[11:53] | Wow, look at that. | 哇 快看這個 |
[11:57] | I… can’t talk with… | 我… 沒法說話… |
[12:00] | peanut butter in my mouth. | 因為嘴裏有花生醬 |
[12:02] | Hey, kiddo. | 看 孩子 |
[12:04] | That’s my new book. Comes out next year. | 這是我的新書 明年出版 |
[12:06] | I earmarked a chapter for you. | 我給你標記了一章 |
[12:08] | I want you to read it. | 我想讓你讀一讀 |
[12:10] | Read it carefully. | 仔細地讀 |
[12:11] | Okay? | 好嗎 |
[12:14] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[12:16] | Will said something to me about you giving him $100,000. | 威爾跟我說了你給了他十萬塊的事情 |
[12:21] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[12:24] | So, Phil, you got a girlfriend yet? | 那麼 菲爾 你有女朋友了嗎 |
[12:27] | I’m 12. | 我才12歲 |
[12:30] | Well, you know, the first girl | 好吧 你知道嗎 我第一個 |
[12:31] | that I ever had a crush on… | 喜歡上的女孩子… |
[12:33] | Her name was Cookie, | 她名字叫曲奇[餅乾] |
[12:36] | and I wanted to kiss her so bad, it hurt, | 我實在太想親她了 想到心痛 |
[12:39] | but I didn’t want to tip my hand. | 但我不想表露我的心意 |
[12:41] | One day, I read a fortune cookie, and it said, | 有一天 我讀到一個幸運餅乾里的紙條 上面寫著 |
[12:44] | “Something delicious is gonna happen to you”… | “一些美味的事情將要發生在你身上”… |
[12:47] | I’m paraphrasing, but it was a sign, | 我是在解釋紙條的意思 但它是個預兆 |
[12:49] | so I wrote her name on the back of the fortune, | 所以我在紙條背面寫上了她的名字 |
[12:51] | and that was all it took. | 我就只做了這麼多 |
[12:53] | I dated her all through the sixth grade | 我整個六年級都在和她約會 |
[12:55] | and then again in the Navy. | 後來我在海軍的時候也一樣 |
[12:57] | What was middle school like for you? | 中學對你來說是什麼樣的呀 |
[12:59] | They organized us by height, and then they let | 他們按身高來組織我們 然後他們讓 |
[13:01] | the tallest one teach the class. | 最高的小孩來教課 |
[13:06] | You should try out for lacrosse | 你應該試試長曲棍球 |
[13:08] | and get out some of that aggression. | 發洩一下你的侵略心理 |
[13:10] | I want to, but Dad won’t let us play contact sports. | 我也想 但是我爸不讓我們參加有身體對抗的運動 |
[13:13] | He’ll only let us play Little League. | 他只允許我們參加少年棒球聯盟 |
[13:15] | Baseball can be a contact sport too. | 棒球也可以是有身體對抗的運動啊 |
[13:18] | Just slide with the spikes up. | 只要滑壘的時候球棒朝上一點 |
[13:21] | The Honeybee Conservancy. | 蜜蜂保護協會 |
[13:23] | “Imagine a world without food or flowers. | “想像一個沒有食物或花朵的世界 |
[13:26] | We are a nonprofit that works to sustain bee colonies | 作為一個非營利組織 我們致力於保護蜜蜂群體 |
[13:29] | and ensure the future | 並努力確保 |
[13:30] | of our most precious pollinators.” | 我們最珍貴的傳粉者的未來” |
[13:32] | Ah, I’m so proud of you. | 我真為你感到自豪 |
[13:34] | This is so important. | 這真的非常重要 |
[13:36] | Well, right now, I’m just donating, | 嗯 現在我只是捐款 |
[13:37] | but when I get older, I wanna | 但等我長大一點 我想 |
[13:40] | get my hands dirty, like Aunt Deirdre does. | 付出一些實際行動 像迪爾德麗姑媽一樣 |
[13:54] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[13:56] | Miss Piccirillo, welcome back. | 皮奇裏洛小姐 歡迎回來 |
[13:59] | Looks like we have you for seven days | 我們為您安排了七天的 |
[14:00] | in the Queen Victoria suite. | 維多利亞女王套房 |
[14:02] | Thank you, Julietta. | 謝謝 朱麗葉塔 |
[14:05] | I’m sorry. No hablo. | 不好意思 我不需要 |
[14:07] | Oh, I’m just asking if you want | 我只是在問你想要印度大麻 |
[14:09] | indica or sativa. | 還是葡萄牙大麻 |
[14:25] | I can’t get up. | 我起不來了 |
[14:30] | Belize! | 伯利茲 |
[14:45] | 亲爱的酸瓜先生 \h 谢谢你的来信 | |
[15:49] | Enjoy. | 請享用 |
[15:51] | – Mr. Pickles, please, enjoy. – Thank you. | -酸瓜先生 請享用 -謝謝 |
[15:55] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[15:57] | Before we enjoy this delicious meal | 在我們和新朋友德萊爾和拉特麗絲 |
[15:59] | with our new friends Derrell and Latrice, | 享受這頓美味晚餐之前 |
[16:02] | I… Phil. | 我… 菲爾 |
[16:04] | Please? | 等會兒行嗎 |
[16:08] | I’d like to say that sometimes, | 我想說 有時候 |
[16:11] | it takes a terrible circumstance | 一個糟糕的處境 |
[16:14] | to bring good people together, | 能讓好人們相聚在一起 |
[16:16] | and I would like to tell | 我想告訴 |
[16:18] | the both of you that | 你們兩位 |
[16:19] | the Pickles family is your family. | 酸瓜家庭就是你們的家庭 |
[16:25] | All right. | 好了 |
[16:28] | So Darryl, how old were you | 那麼 達裏爾 你是幾歲 |
[16:29] | when you started watching Puppet Time with your dad? | 開始和你爸一起看木偶時間的呢 |
[16:33] | It’s Derrell. | 是德萊爾 |
[16:34] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[16:36] | He never seen Puppet Place, | 他從來沒看過木偶空間 |
[16:38] | or… or whatever. | 還是叫什麼… 隨便了 |
[16:39] | His dad never seen it, either. | 他爸也從來沒看過 |
[16:41] | But he liked hearing about it, | 但他喜歡聽到關於它的事情 |
[16:44] | and he liked talking with you, Jeffrey. | 而且他喜歡和你聊天 傑夫瑞 |
[16:46] | You really think you can’t go, huh? | 你真的覺得你去不了 是嗎 |
[16:48] | Well, it’s not a matter of… | 好吧 這不是關於… |
[16:49] | Thank you so much for understanding. | 非常感謝你的理解 |
[16:52] | This kung pao looks spicy! | 這宮保雞丁看起來很辣呢 |
[16:58] | I’m really glad you’re with us, Derrell, and it’s nice… | 我真的很高興你和我們一起 德萊爾 而且這很棒… |
[17:01] | What’s it like, being the son of a mass murderer? | 這是什麼感覺 做連環殺人犯的兒子 |
[17:03] | Phil! | 菲爾 |
[17:04] | What? | 幹嘛 |
[17:04] | You said ask good questions. | 你說讓我問好問題的 |
[17:07] | Where are the bodies buried? | 那些屍體埋在哪裏 |
[17:08] | Has he seen the meme of his dad | 他有沒有看過他爸爸 |
[17:09] | wearing parachute pants with the caption saying | 穿著垮褲 字幕上寫著 |
[17:12] | “It’s hammer time”? | “該掄起錘子了”的那個梗 |
[17:13] | – Philip… – It’s… Hey, it’s all right. | -菲利普… -這… 嘿 沒事的 |
[17:15] | It’s all good. | 沒關係的 |
[17:17] | He was a real good artist. | 他是個很不錯的藝術家 |
[17:19] | He could’ve been a cartoonist for The New Yorker. | 他本來可以成為紐約客雜誌的漫畫家的 |
[17:22] | Instead, he was a high school dropout | 相反 他從高中輟學 |
[17:24] | and an unlicensed mechanic. | 成了一個沒有執照的技工 |
[17:26] | One day, a man came into the shop, | 有一天 一個男人來到店裏 |
[17:28] | noticed my dad could draw. His name was Arnie. | 注意到我爸會畫畫 他的名字叫阿尼 |
[17:30] | He was a reporter for The Columbus Tribune. | 他是哥倫布論壇報的記者 |
[17:33] | Said Pops might have a shot freelancing for them. | 他說我爸可能有機會成為他們的自由供稿人 |
[17:36] | Pops waited by the phone for six months, | 我爸在電話旁等了六個月 |
[17:38] | but never got a call. | 但從來沒有接到過電話 |
[17:41] | He was 23, married, with a kid, | 他那時二十三歲 結婚了 有一個小孩 |
[17:44] | and a busload of parking tickets. | 還有一大堆停車罰單 |
[17:48] | The tickets piled up. | 罰單都堆起來了 |
[17:50] | It was like, what, $3,000 to get the car back. | 大概需要 三千塊才能把車拿回來 |
[17:53] | No one in my family’s ever had | 我們家從來沒有人在任何時候 |
[17:54] | more than $1,000 to their name at any one time. | 名下賬戶裏有超過一千塊錢 |
[17:57] | You know, my dad goes to court, | 你知道嗎 我爸去了法院 |
[17:59] | tries to fight it, loses, | 試圖抗爭 輸了 |
[18:01] | and then, on his way out, | 然後 在他出去的路上 |
[18:04] | guess who he runs into? | 猜猜他遇見了誰 |
[18:07] | Arnie. | 阿尼 |
[18:08] | Asked my dad, “Hey, | 他問我爸 “嘿 |
[18:10] | why didn’t you follow up?” | 你為什麼不跟進” |
[18:13] | How was my dad supposed to know that following up was a thing? | 我爸怎麼會知道還要跟進 |
[18:16] | Dad gets on the bus, | 他上了公交車 |
[18:18] | and he gets out at Wendy’s to have a hot meal. | 到溫蒂快餐店去吃了一頓飯 |
[18:24] | He saw those corners on that bacon cheeseburger, | 他看到培根芝士堡是方的 |
[18:27] | and he didn’t want corners on his cheeseburger. | 他不想要方的 |
[18:29] | He just wanted a normal, round hamburger. | 他只想要一個普普通通圓形的漢堡 |
[18:33] | But she wouldn’t give him a normal hamburger. | 但她不肯給他換成普通的 |
[18:35] | And he just snapped, man. You feel me? | 他就突然發火了 你懂嗎 |
[18:40] | We don’t live how you live, | 我們不像你們那樣生活 |
[18:42] | so we don’t know what you know, | 所以 我們不知道你們知道的事 |
[18:44] | so we can’t move how you move | 我們也就沒法像你們一樣行動 |
[18:46] | to get what you got. | 來得到你們得到的東西 |
[18:50] | And all my dad wanted to hear before he go | 我爸走之前想聽到的只是 |
[18:53] | was that you think he can draw good. | 你誇他畫得好 |
[18:57] | Draw well. | 畫得不錯 |
[18:59] | Come here. | 過來 |
[19:00] | You’re hurting my arm. | 你弄疼我的手臂了 |
[19:05] | That boy has every reason to ask | 那個男孩完全有理由 |
[19:07] | for everything, and doesn’t. | 要求一切 但他沒有 |
[19:08] | You have no reason to ask for anything, | 而你沒理由要求任何事 |
[19:10] | and you can’t keep your mouth shut. | 卻不能閉上你的嘴 |
[19:12] | Learn how to keep your mouth shut. | 學會閉上你的嘴 |
[19:13] | You hear me? | 聽到我的話了嗎 |
[19:39] | So I talked to a colleague | 我和一個同事聊了 |
[19:40] | about the lethal injection drugs they use, | 他們注射死刑用的藥物 |
[19:42] | and it turns out, they’re painless. | 才知道這沒有痛苦 |
[20:40] | That’s because you don’t see who he is. | 那是因為你看不到他是誰 |
[20:41] | You just see who you want him to be. | 你只看到你想讓他成為的人 |
[20:43] | I just want him to be a normal kid who listens. | 我只想讓他成為普通的聽話的孩子 |
[20:45] | How’s he supposed to listen when you’re screaming at him? | 你總是吼他 他怎麼會聽你的話 |
[20:48] | That was not screaming. | 我沒有吼 |
[20:49] | He doesn’t listen because you don’t listen. | 他不聽話是因為你也不會傾聽 |
[20:51] | I listen all the time! | 我一直在聽 |
[20:52] | And I think that you don’t listen because if you… | 我覺得你不會傾聽是因為你… |
[20:54] | I am incredibly interested | 我對我們的孩子 |
[20:55] | in everything that happens to our children. | 發生的任何事都很感興趣 |
[20:57] | Sometimes, it’s hard to be him. | 有時 他的處境很難 |
[21:00] | Remember who his father is. | 想想他爸爸是誰 |
[21:10] | Now’s the time to ask me something, | 現在 如果你有問題想問的話 |
[21:12] | if you got something to ask. | 可以向我提問了 |
[21:16] | Why Jeff Pickles? | 為什麼是酸瓜先生傑夫 |
[21:22] | Ten years ago, I wrote letters to three people: | 十年前 我給三個人寫了信 |
[21:25] | Bill Clinton, Charles Barkley, and Jeff Pickles. | 比爾·克林頓 查爾斯·巴克利 和酸瓜先生傑夫 |
[21:29] | Only Jeff Pickles wrote me back. | 只有酸瓜先生傑夫回信了 |
[21:34] | Sometimes, the characters write to me. | 有時 那些角色寫信給我 |
[21:38] | The fly is my favorite. | 我最喜歡蒼蠅 |
[21:42] | Flies eat shit. | 蒼蠅吃屎 |
[21:44] | He eat shit every day of his life | 每天都吃屎 |
[21:46] | and still finds a reason to be happy. | 卻還是很開心 |
[21:52] | You think Jeff’s gonna make it? | 你覺得傑夫能來嗎 |
[21:55] | Yeah, probably. | 可能吧 |
[22:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:02] | Well, we both know I’m not going to heaven, | 我們都知道我上不了天堂 |
[22:06] | but sometimes, I think that… if I’m lucky… | 但有時我覺得… 如果我夠幸運… |
[22:11] | I might end up in Pickle Barrel Falls. | 我能去酸瓜桶瀑布 |
[22:14] | Way Jeff describes it, | 傑夫把那個地方描繪得 |
[22:16] | sounds like a nice place to live. | 感覺是個長住的好地方 |
[22:38] | Excuse me. | 打擾一下 |
[22:47] | Is Derrell here? | 德萊爾在這兒嗎 |
[23:06] | He’s being asked for his last words. | 正在請他說遺言 |
[23:11] | Will we get to hear them? | 我們能聽嗎 |
[23:13] | Normally, there’s a microphone, | 一般來說 會有個話筒 |
[23:16] | but it’s broken. | 但它壞了 |
[24:27] | Mind if I join you? | 介意我一起嗎 |
[24:43] | We can talk, or… eat. | 我們能聊聊 或者… 吃點什麼 |
[24:49] | None of those things… | 那些東西都不… |
[24:53] | The boss says whatever dish you order, | 老闆說不管你點什麼 |
[24:56] | he’s gonna name it after you. | 他都會用你的名字命名 |
[24:59] | Well, that’s a pickle for a Pickle. | 好吧 就叫點一份酸瓜吧 |
[25:05] | I really want franks and beans, but… | 我想點熱狗和豆子 但… |
[25:07] | I guess if kids order that, | 我猜如果孩子吃了 |
[25:10] | it’s not a very healthy choice. | 不是很健康 |
[25:13] | I guess I’ll have a salad. | 我還是點沙拉吧 |
[25:15] | You don’t want anything? | 你什麼都不要嗎 |
[25:27] | Did he… Did he have, like, last words? | 他… 他說什麼遺言了嗎 |
[25:33] | I couldn’t hear him through the glass. | 隔著玻璃我聽不清 |
[25:38] | It looked like he said “I can’t wait.” | 看起來他說的是”我等不及了” |
[25:42] | I don’t know what that meant. | 我不知道是什麼意思 |
[25:45] | Maybe you do. | 也許你知道 |
[25:47] | Yeah. | 對 |
[25:48] | I do. | 我知道 |
[25:58] | Thank you for going. | 謝謝你能去 |
[26:01] | It really meant a lot to him. | 對他來說真的很重要 |
[26:04] | He didn’t have a lot of friends. | 他沒什麼朋友 |
[26:10] | What do you think makes people snap like that? | 你覺得像人們為什麼會突然發火 |
[26:14] | Like he did? | 像他那樣 |
[26:17] | Everyone has a breaking point. | 每個人都有極限點 |
[26:22] | Yeah. | 對 |
[26:23] | I feel you. | 我懂你 |
[26:29] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[26:32] | I didn’t want to be there. | 我不想去看行刑 |
[26:35] | Derrell, where do you want to be? | 德萊爾 你想去哪兒 |
[26:50] | That’s Launch Pad Lake. | 那是發射台湖 |
[26:52] | Can I touch the rocket? | 我能摸摸火箭嗎 |
[26:53] | Yeah, but don’t push the red button. | 可以 但別按紅色按鈕 |
[26:55] | We just had the roof fixed. | 我們剛修好房頂 |
[26:56] | – You serious? – Derrell. | -你認真的嗎 -德萊爾 |
[26:58] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[27:00] | My name is Sebastiano Piccirillo, | 我是塞巴斯蒂亞諾·皮奇裏洛 |
[27:03] | but everybody calls me Seb Pickles. | 大家都叫我酸瓜先生塞博 |
[27:05] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Pickles. | 很高興見到你 酸瓜先生 |
[27:06] | They call him other stuff too. | 大家都叫他別的名字 |
[27:07] | You’re fired. | 你被開除了 |
[27:09] | I’m gonna go push the red button. | 我要去按那個紅色按鈕 |
[27:12] | Come on, Phil. Smile. | 來 菲爾 笑一個 |
[27:26] | Throw home! Throw home! | 傳向本壘 傳向本壘 |
[27:29] | Phil, don’t! | 菲爾 別 |
[27:49] | Put your seat belt on. | 繫好安全帶 |
[27:56] | Seat belt! | 安全帶 |
[27:57] | It’s on! | 繫好了 |
[28:06] | Mr. Pickles’ Puppet Time. | 酸瓜先生的木偶時間 |
[28:08] | How can I help you? | 有什麼能幫到您嗎 |
[28:16] | Please hold. | 請等一下 |
[28:36] | Come on. Let me take you home. | 來 我送你回家 |