时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:27] | See, in science class, | 在物理课上 |
[01:29] | we like to call it “momentum.” | 我们把它叫做动量 |
[01:30] | You just need a little momentum, dad. | 爸爸 你就是缺乏一点动力 |
[01:33] | Traffic sucks. | 又堵车 |
[01:34] | You’re avoiding the conversation. | 你不要扯开话题 |
[01:37] | I mean, have you even taken a woman out | 我是说自从你跟妈妈分开后 |
[01:38] | since you and mom split up? | 有没有约会过其他女人 |
[01:40] | It’s not your department. | 小孩不要管大人的事情 |
[01:43] | I’m just saying, you know, you need | 我只是提醒你 |
[01:44] | to stop dwelling in the past, you know? | 不要总是活在过去 |
[01:46] | You need to forge on, fight the good fight. | 你得向前看 该出手时就出手 |
[01:49] | Where’d you get this crap? | 你从哪里学到的这些话 |
[01:50] | Oprah, mostly. | 大部分是从欧普拉[美国脱口秀女王]那里学来的 |
[01:57] | Where you going? | 你去哪 |
[02:08] | What happened here? | 这里发生什么事 |
[02:10] | An accident. | 一桩意外事故 |
[02:11] | A woman was playing around and fell. | 一个女人游玩时意外坠桥了 |
[02:13] | It was an accident, was it? | 真的只是意外事故吗 |
[02:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:17] | So not an accident, then. | 那么肯定不是意外事故 |
[02:18] | Was it a murder? | 是谋杀案吗 |
[02:20] | Move along, pal. | 老兄 你可以走了 |
[02:22] | Not a murder. | 那就不是谋杀案了 |
[02:25] | A suicide? | 是自杀吗 |
[02:29] | It was a suicide. | 没错 就是自杀 |
[02:37] | Dale! | 戴尔 |
[02:39] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么呢 |
[02:44] | It’s been a while. | 有一段时间了 |
[02:46] | Zoe tells me you’re well. | Zoe告诉我你很好 |
[02:47] | Yeah, well, she always thinks I’m well. | 是的 她总以为我很好 |
[02:49] | Still overcharging the city and everyone else | 你还在靠那离谱的微观表情学 |
[02:51] | for stuff that’s unusable in court? | 来赚着大把的钞票吗 |
[02:54] | You still offering my wife | 你还在不请自来的为我妻子 |
[02:56] | unsolicited marital advice? | 提供一些有关婚姻的意见吗 |
[02:57] | – Ex-wife. – Ex-wife. | -是前妻 -前妻 |
[02:58] | What are you doing here, Cal? | 你在这里做什么 |
[02:59] | What’s the U.S. attorney’s office doing | 美国律师事务所在这里干什么呢 |
[03:01] | investigating a suicide? | 调查一宗自杀案吗 |
[03:02] | We’re not investigating. | 我们不是在调查 |
[03:03] | We’re just asking questions. | 我们只是过来问一些问题 |
[03:04] | A girl jumped off this bridge. | 一个女孩从这座桥上跳下来 |
[03:06] | Her sister jumped off three days ago. | 她妹妹三天前也跳桥自杀了 |
[03:08] | Two sisters jumped off the same bridge? | 姐妹俩从同一座桥跳下自杀 |
[03:10] | We’re asking questions, that’s all. | 我们正在询问一些问题 就这些而已 |
[03:12] | You know, two girls generally don’t kill themselves | 一般来说姐妹俩是不会无缘无故 |
[03:13] | in exactly the same way, I mean, during the same week | 在同一个时间段 用同样的方法 |
[03:16] | without a reason. | 了结自己的生命的 |
[03:18] | People kill themselves cause they’re depressed. | 人们自杀是因为抑郁 |
[03:19] | Not always, and not in pairs. | 并不都是 更不会成双成对的 |
[03:22] | What if something else happened to these sisters? | 万一她俩发生了什么事情呢 |
[03:24] | Something like what? | 比如什么事情 |
[03:27] | What if somebody did something to them? | 万一有人对她们做了什么 |
[03:29] | Have you talked to the family? | 你跟她们的家人谈过了吗 |
[03:30] | Yeah, I already did. | 是的 谈过了 |
[03:31] | They came over from India to claim the bodies. | 她们从印度过来认尸 |
[03:33] | But we don’t need you stirring them up, | 但我们不想你去刺激他们 |
[03:35] | so stay out of it, okay? | 请你不要插手 明白吗 |
[03:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:42] | Come on. let’s get you to school. | 走吧 我送你去学校 |
[03:44] | So you know what happened? | 你知道发生什么事情吗 |
[03:46] | Not yet, no. | 暂时还不知道 |
[03:48] | But you’re gonna find out. | 但是你可以查出来 |
[03:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:51] | Didn’t you used to study suicides? | 你之前是不是研究过自杀 |
[03:55] | Still do. | 我仍然在研究 |
[04:06] | Don’t know why you’re so interested in this, cal. | 不明白为什么对这个感兴趣 |
[04:10] | That’s jaya. she’s 18 years old. | 那是Jaya 今年18岁 |
[04:13] | And dhara, she’s 20. | 还有Dhara 20岁 |
[04:17] | They were so young. | 她们才这么年轻 |
[04:20] | They were our aasha. | 她俩是我们的明星 |
[04:21] | It’s your hope, right? | 这是你的想法吧 |
[04:23] | You know hindi? | 你懂北印度语吗 |
[04:24] | Just a bit. | 会一点点 |
[04:26] | And you work for the police? | 你为警察工作吗 |
[04:27] | Sometimes. | 偶尔 |
[04:29] | I was told the police weren’t going to investigate. | 据说警察不准备继续调查下去 |
[04:31] | You have any idea what kind of work | 你知道你妹妹在这里 |
[04:35] | Your sisters were doing over here? | 从事什么工作吗 |
[04:36] | My sisters came to america two years ago on travel visas, | 我妹妹两年前用旅游签证来到美国 |
[04:41] | But they stayed to work and send money home. | 但是她们留下了 并不断寄钱回去 |
[04:59] | I understand how you feel, | 我理解你的心情 |
[05:01] | And if there’s anyone to blame for this, | 如果有人该为这件事负责 |
[05:02] | I’ll find them, okay? | 我一定会找出来的 |
[05:08] | Louise mason, november 25th. | 路易丝·梅森 11月5日 |
[05:13] | I want the weekend to go home to my children. | 我想利用周末回去看看孩子们 |
[05:17] | It’s my husband’s birthday, and well, we always celebrate. | 正好是我丈夫生日 我们一直都会庆祝 |
[05:22] | Are you feeling better? | 你感觉好些了吗 |
[05:25] | Every day. much better. | 每一天都感觉好很多 |
[05:28] | How have you been sleeping? | 你睡得怎么样 |
[05:30] | Very, very well. | 非常好 |
[05:32] | Um, probably getting at least eight hours a night. | 每晚差不多都能睡8个小时 |
[05:34] | And how’s your appetitive? | 你的胃口怎么样呢 |
[05:37] | Really good. | 相当好 |
[05:38] | I’m eating well, | 我吃的很好 |
[05:40] | And i can’t wait to have chocolate cake. | 我特别想吃巧克力蛋糕 |
[05:42] | That’s wonderful, louise. | 太好了 路易斯 |
[05:45] | Tell me, how do you feel | 告诉我 对即将见到你的家人 |
[05:46] | About seeing your family again? | 你有什么感觉 |
[05:51] | So much joy. i know i’m going to cry when i see them again. | 我见到他们一定会激动的流泪 |
[05:55] | I miss them terribly. | 我非常想念他们 |
[05:57] | I’ll bake a chocolate cake just like i do every year. | 我还会象从前一样自己做巧克力蛋糕 |
[06:01] | And i’ll put a dozen perfect flowers on it. | 我还会在上面放上漂亮的花 |
[06:11] | What have we got? | 进展到哪里了 |
[06:12] | Uh, we finished uploading the cell phone footage | 我们刚刚上传完受害者的 |
[06:14] | Of your suicide victims. | 手机通话记录 |
[06:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:18] | What was that in there? | 刚刚放的是什么 |
[06:19] | Nothing much. | 没什么 |
[06:20] | That lady looked so sad. | 那个女人看起来很难过 |
[06:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:24] | I don’t want to be on the tape, dhara. | Dhara 我不想出现在画面里面 |
[06:27] | Put it on the others. you wanted that. | 把镜头对着其他人 你喜欢那个 |
[06:33] | I still don’t understand what we’re doing | 我还是不明白我们为什么 |
[06:34] | Investigating these suicides. | 要调查这几宗自杀案 |
[06:35] | Well, two sisters jump off the same bridge | 姐妹俩从同一座桥跳下自杀 |
[06:38] | within the same week. I think that’s enough. | 事发还在同一周 我想这就足够了 |
[06:39] | We’re gonna find out why. | 我们要找出背后的真相 |
[06:41] | There, you see that? | 那里 你看见那个了吗 |
[06:43] | Eyes down and away. | 目光向下然后转开 |
[06:45] | That’s shame. | 那是羞愧 |
[06:50] | There it is again. | 这个也是 |
[06:51] | Yeah, shame on the other sister, too. | 是的 另一个姐妹也有羞愧的表情 |
[06:53] | Exactly the same expression. | 完全一样的表情 |
[06:57] | You know, agony | 通常自杀者 |
[06:59] | Is what we normally see in suicide victims. | 都表现得极度痛苦 |
[07:04] | Shame is something else. | 而不会表现出羞愧 |
[07:06] | Maybe they’re ashamed because of the pain | 也许她们因为自杀给家人 |
[07:07] | That they’ll cause their family | 带来的痛苦而羞愧 |
[07:09] | If they kill themselves. | 如果真的是自杀 |
[07:10] | Maybe they’re ashamed of something they did | 也许是因为她们所做的令人羞愧的事情 |
[07:12] | Or something that was done to them. | 或者遭遇了羞辱的事情 |
[07:14] | We found the immigration office | 我们找到了姐俩办理 |
[07:16] | which Ashraf’s sisters got their visas renewed | 签证延期的移民局 |
[07:18] | Northeast division. | 西北分局 |
[07:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:24] | Yeah, i had the feeling | 是的 我感觉 |
[07:25] | That those girls were gonna stay illegally. | 她们可能会非法滞留 |
[07:26] | They’re here on j-1 travel visas and wanted to renew. | 她们有来更新 交换访问学者的签证 |
[07:30] | Any idea where they were living, mr. personick? | 你知道她们住哪里吗 伯索克先生 |
[07:32] | Nope. | 不知道 |
[07:33] | How about work? | 她们在哪工作 |
[07:34] | Well, there’s nothing in the file. | 档案里什么都没有 |
[07:36] | Used to be nannying and cleaning for the aliens, | 过去都是给外国人当保姆或者做保洁 |
[07:40] | But now everyone wants to go | 但是现在人人都想 |
[07:41] | aboveboard with their domestics | 光明正大的请佣人 |
[07:43] | So how do these aliens find jobs? | 这些外国人都怎么找工作 |
[07:45] | Yeah, the koreans usually head to the nail salons, | 韩国人通常都是做美甲沙龙 |
[07:47] | The russians to the waxing places | 俄国人给人脱毛 |
[07:49] | And the indians to the restaurants. | 印度人开饭馆 |
[07:51] | Is there anything you’re not sharing with us | 你还有什么想告诉我们的吗 |
[07:54] | About these sisters? | 关于这姐妹俩 |
[07:55] | No. | 没有 |
[07:57] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[08:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说什么 |
[08:02] | What’s your wife’s name? | 你老婆叫什么名字 |
[08:03] | What? | 什么 |
[08:04] | Your wife, what’s her name? | 你老婆的名字是什么 |
[08:05] | It’s beth. why? | 她叫碧斯 怎么了 |
[08:08] | ’cause i’m gonna call her, and i’m gonna tell her | 我准备打电话告诉他 |
[08:10] | The world’s leading expert on lying | 世界上最顶尖的测谎专家 |
[08:11] | thinks you’re cheating on her. | 认为你对她不忠 |
[08:14] | Want to get me that number? | 你能帮我弄到她的号码吗 |
[08:15] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 没问题 |
[08:17] | I’m not cheating on my wife. | 我没有对我妻子不忠 |
[08:18] | That’s true, but then she’s never gonna | 这句是真话 但从此之后她都不会再 |
[08:21] | look at you the same again, is she? | 像从前那么看待你 不是吗 |
[08:22] | This is ridiculous. | 这个太荒谬了 |
[08:23] | The only reason i’m talking to you is because | 我之所以跟你们说这些 |
[08:26] | Pd asked my boss to do them a favor. | 警察让我上司帮他们一个忙 |
[08:28] | Will you excuse me, please? | 那我失陪了 |
[08:29] | All right, beth personick. we’ll be in touch. | 好的 碧斯·伯索克 我们会联系她的 |
[08:32] | All right, wait. | 好吧 等等 |
[08:34] | Wait. | 等等 |
[08:35] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[08:40] | I saw them on stage at the naked veil. | 我看到她俩在赤裸面纱做表演 |
[08:43] | They were stripping? look, i saw them | 她们跳脱衣舞吗 我看到她们 |
[08:45] | Dancing a few times. | 跳过好几次 |
[08:46] | They must have worked there for a few months. | 她们肯定在那里工作了好几个月 |
[08:48] | So why’d you lie to us? | 那你为什么骗我们 |
[08:49] | Sometimes i go to the clubs during work hours, all right? | 有几次我是工作时间去的 明白吗 |
[08:57] | You’re not gonna call my wife, are you? | 你们不会打电话给我老婆 对吗 |
[09:19] | That’s too bad about those girls. | 他们俩真的很不幸 |
[09:20] | When was the last time you saw the ashraf sisters? | 你上次见到Ashraf姐妹是什么时候 |
[09:22] | Jaya, not since they quit a year ago. | jaya 一年前她不干了之后就再没见过 |
[09:24] | I didn’t speak to her, but i saw the older one, | 我没跟她说过话 但是大概四五个月前 |
[09:27] | Dhara, on the street maybe four or five months ago. | 我在街上见到过老大Dhara |
[09:30] | How long did the sisters work here? | 姐妹俩在这里干了多久 |
[09:32] | Uh, six months. look, i wish i could help, | 半年 听着 我很想帮忙 |
[09:33] | But i really don’t know much else about these girls. | 但是我的确不怎么了解这两姐妹 |
[09:36] | Here’s the thing, right? | 事情是这样的 |
[09:37] | A lot of my work is filming people without them knowing it. | 我的主要工作就是偷拍别人 |
[09:50] | You’ve got, you got one of the best | 而你却拥有最好的 |
[09:53] | Camera systems on the market up here, | 这里有不错的摄像系统 |
[09:58] | Filming everything these girls are doing on this stage. | 女孩子们在舞台上的表现都被拍下来了 |
[10:01] | They didn’t know you were filming them? | 她们不知道你拍她们 |
[10:03] | What is this, some kind of internet feed? | 这用来干嘛 放到网上给人订阅 |
[10:04] | That’s it, right? that’s what it is? | 的确如此 对吧 你就是这么干的吧 |
[10:06] | You know, pornography is illegal in india. | 要知道 在印度拍摄黄色录像是犯法的 |
[10:08] | One of the few things they outsource here. | 是为数不多的只能从这儿进货的东西之一 |
[10:10] | Did the ashraf sisters know you were filming them? | ashraf姐妹知道你拍她们吗 |
[10:12] | I’ll tell you what. | 我告诉你 |
[10:14] | Let’s tell all the dancers in this place | 我们会告诉这儿所有的舞娘 |
[10:17] | Exactly what you’re up to, | 你在干什么勾当 |
[10:19] | See how they react, eh? | 想看看她们会是什么反应吗 |
[10:20] | I was only testing out the web site | 那对姐妹在这儿工作的时候 |
[10:22] | When the sisters worked here. | 网站还在测试阶段 |
[10:23] | But you were filming them, right? | 但你拍了她们对吧 |
[10:25] | Until they quit, yes. | 没错 一直拍到她们辞职 |
[10:27] | Jaya and dhara did not want to be so famous, i suppose. | 我想jaya和dhara并不想出名 |
[10:30] | Shame, too, because they could have made a lot of money | 也因为害羞 否则她们可以为这儿 |
[10:32] | For all of us. | 挣很多钱 |
[10:33] | Were they ashamed when people at home | 家里人知道她们在干什么以后 |
[10:35] | Found out what they were doing? | 她们是不是觉得很羞愧 |
[10:36] | They came in screaming bloody hell at me. | 她们朝我一通乱骂 |
[10:38] | Their brother had called from calcutta | 她们哥哥从加尔各答[印度港市] |
[10:40] | To say that he had seen them naked on the videos. | 打电话来说看到她们裸体的样子上了录像 |
[10:42] | He told those girls that | 他叫这两个姑娘 |
[10:44] | They were dead to the family and could never come home. | 永远别回家了 否则打死她们 |
[10:46] | They’re terrible to women back there. barbaric. | 那里的人对女人很凶残 都是野蛮人 |
[10:49] | Oh, yeah, spoken like a true feminist. | 这口气还真像个男女平等主义者 |
[10:51] | Yeah, hi. | 你好 |
[10:52] | Department of health? | 卫生部吗 |
[10:53] | I’d like to report an outbreak of syphilis. | 我要报告一起梅毒感染病例 |
[10:57] | Yeah. there you go, love. | 给你 亲爱的 |
[10:59] | Yeah, i’m in a strip joint, naked veil in southeast. | 我在东南部的一家脱衣舞厅这里 |
[11:06] | I wouldn’t stand for this blackening of our name. | 我看不下去这些毁我们名誉的东西 |
[11:09] | Did you threaten your sisters | 在网站上看到你的妹妹们后 |
[11:11] | After seeing them on the web site? | 你有没有威胁过她们 |
[11:13] | They disrespected the memory of our father. | 她们没有遵从我们父亲的教诲 |
[11:15] | Okay? every man in india could see | 知道吗 在印度的每个男人都能看到 |
[11:18] | What only their husbands should see! | 只有她们丈夫才能看到的东西 |
[11:19] | Well, they were filmed without their knowledge. | 但她们不知道自己被拍摄了 |
[11:21] | And they were sending money home to you. | 而且她们寄钱回去给你 |
[11:23] | Instead of comforting them, | 而不是挥霍享受 |
[11:25] | You gave them enough rope to hang themselves with. | 是你给了她们上吊的绳索 |
[11:27] | Jaya and dhara meant everything to my father | jaya和dhara是我父亲的一切 |
[11:30] | He trusted me to take care of them when he died. | 他临终时嘱托我好好照顾她们 |
[11:33] | I think you killed them. | 我认为是你杀了她们 |
[11:34] | No. no! | 不 不 |
[11:35] | I prayed for guidance. | 我向神祈求指引 |
[11:38] | God answered. he told me i must make amends, | 神要我改过自新 |
[11:40] | So i called them and begged forgiveness. | 所以我打电话给她们请求原谅 |
[11:41] | They granted it to me, okay? we moved past. | 她们原谅我了 知道吗 我们忘掉了过去 |
[11:44] | We made peace. | 我们重归与好了 |
[11:52] | – Yeah? – you’re not going to believe this. | -什么事 -你不会相信的 |
[11:53] | We just got a fax from metro police. | 我们刚从地铁警察那儿收到传真 |
[11:55] | Young indian girl just jumped | 一小时前一个印度女孩 |
[11:56] | Onto the third rail of the subway tracks an hour ago. | 跳到了地铁轨道的输电轨上 |
[12:02] | Another suicide? | 又一起自杀案 |
[12:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:20] | We got three suicides within one week. | 一周内发上了三起自杀案 |
[12:24] | All young indian girls. | 都是年轻的印度女孩 |
[12:25] | What’s the connection? | 其中有什么联系呢 |
[12:27] | There’s no evidence of any connection | ashraf姐妹和第三名死者中间 |
[12:28] | Between the ashraf sisters and the third victim, | 没有明显的联系点 |
[12:30] | rajal lamba Rajal lamba. | |
[12:32] | All right. where’s foster? | 好了 福斯特人呢 |
[12:33] | She’s out on the sec case. | 她出去跟进证交会[证券交易委员会]的案子了 |
[12:35] | Why haven’t these suicides been on the news? | 为什么这几起自杀案没上新闻 |
[12:37] | Because the media believes | 因为媒体觉得 |
[12:39] | That publicizing suicides leads to copycats. | 放出自杀的新闻会引来更多的人自杀 |
[12:41] | The year after marilyn monroe killed herself, | 玛丽莲·梦露自杀的那一年 |
[12:42] | Suicides went up ten percent. | 自杀人数上升了十个百分点 |
[12:44] | Same for kurt cobain. | 柯特·科本[涅槃乐队主唱]那年也是 |
[12:45] | It’s called the werther effect. | 这个叫维特效应 |
[12:47] | Well, so is it possible that the first girl killed herself | 那有没有可能是第一个女孩自杀以后 |
[12:50] | And that the other two were copycats? | 另外两个就模仿她呢 |
[12:51] | That’s what the cops think. | 警察就是这么想的 |
[12:52] | What about rajal? | rajal是什么来头 |
[12:53] | Any strip club connection? | 跟脱衣舞厅有关系吗 |
[12:55] | No, she was never involved in the strip club, | 没有 她从没去过脱衣舞厅 |
[12:56] | And she wasn’t on the internet site. | 她也没出现在网络上过 |
[12:58] | Well, what else have we got? anybody? | 那还有什么线索 有谁知道什么吗 |
[12:59] | There’s no other connections between the third victim | 第三名死者和ashraf姐妹之间 |
[13:01] | And the ashraf sisters. | 没有任何联系 |
[13:05] | Get foster to call me. | 让福斯特给我打电话 |
[13:07] | I need to talk to her. | 我要和她谈谈 |
[13:09] | Where the hell is she, anyway? | 她到底去哪儿了 |
[13:11] | She’s out at the sec… | 她去跟进证交会的… |
[13:12] | Are you with us here? | 你不和我们一起了吗 |
[13:18] | Who the hell steals from charities? | 哪个不要脸的贪了福利的钱 |
[13:21] | I want my pension back! | 我要拿回我的养老金! |
[13:23] | Hollin is a crook! | 赫琳是个无赖! |
[13:24] | All the money is gone. | 所有的钱都没了 |
[13:28] | I provided the names of all my foreign companies | 几周前 我向证交会提交我所有的 |
[13:30] | To the sec weeks ago. | 海外公司的名字 |
[13:33] | You provided them with the names | 你向他们提供了 |
[13:35] | Of three investment management companies you had a stake in, | 三家你参股的投资管理公司的名字 |
[13:37] | But a lot of people believe there are many more. | 但很多人觉得远不止这几家公司 |
[13:40] | Losses my company incurs are my responsibility, | 公司的损失我要负责 |
[13:43] | But the idea that i’m hiding more money is ludicrous. | 但说我把钱藏起来了真是太可笑了 |
[13:46] | My father has talked to ten different people today | 我父亲今天跟十个不同的人谈了话 |
[13:49] | And told them the same thing. | 但跟他们说的都是同样的东西 |
[13:50] | He’s going to answer our questions. | 他必须回答我们的问题 |
[13:52] | What is wrong with you people? | 你们这些人是怎么了 |
[13:54] | He’s fully cooperated. | 他已经很合作了 |
[13:57] | You know he’s not well. | 你们知道他身体不好 |
[13:59] | He’s in his third run of chemo, for god’s sake. | 看在上帝的份儿上 他的癌症第三期了 |
[14:01] | Those people outside might get their wish | 外面的那些人会比他们想象得 |
[14:04] | Sooner than they think. | 更快达成愿望 |
[14:05] | Well, did you ever stop to think | 你有没有哪怕一次想过 |
[14:07] | Maybe there’s a reason that they hate you so much? | 也许他们那么恨你是有原因的 |
[14:11] | I was carrying losses forward, son, | 孩子 我做了亏损转寄 |
[14:13] | And i had every intention | 而且我打算过三两个旺季以后 |
[14:15] | Of paying the money back in a couple of good quarters. | 就把钱全部还给他们 |
[14:20] | I’m not stealing anything. | 我不会偷拿任何东西 |
[14:22] | You mean, you weren’t stealing anything. | 你是说 你没有偷过任何东西 |
[14:24] | That’s what i said. | 我就是这个意思 |
[14:33] | Did you hear him change verb tenses every time he talked | 每次一谈及是否有钱剩下时 |
[14:34] | About whether there was any money left? | 他讲的动词时态都不一样 |
[14:36] | He kept shifting from the past | 他从过去式 |
[14:37] | To the present and then back again. | 转为现在进行式 又再转回去 |
[14:39] | Yeah, it’s a sign of lying, but it doesn’t change the fact | 这是撒谎的表现 但这不会改变事实 |
[14:41] | That he’s going to go to a country club prison | 他将要去软禁寓所待上五年的事实 |
[14:42] | For five years and he’s never going to give up the money. | 而且他也不用交出那些钱来 |
[14:44] | Mr. hollin is dying. he’s not going to make it two years | 赫琳先生快死了 在监狱医院里 |
[14:47] | In the prison health system. | 他挨不过两年 |
[14:48] | Maybe he’s protecting his daughter’s inheritance. | 也许他是在保护她女儿的继承权 |
[14:51] | Okay, but he’s still not going | 但他还是不想告诉我们 |
[14:53] | to tell us where the money is. | 钱去了哪里 |
[14:54] | But if he’s saving the money for his daughter, | 但如果他是为了他女儿准备资金 |
[14:56] | Then she must know something about how to access it. | 那她一定知道关于钱在哪里的一些事 |
[15:00] | Okay, so, what? we get back in with the devil spawn, | 那怎么样 像魔鬼一样再回去那里 |
[15:03] | And we see what she knows. | 然后探探她知道些什么 |
[15:05] | The devil spawn? what is with you on this one? | 魔鬼 你这是什么意思 |
[15:08] | This pompous douchebag flies around the country | 这个浮夸的游说家坐着他的私人飞机 |
[15:09] | In his private jet. | 环游世界 |
[15:11] | He gets people to give him | 他让别人把一辈子的 |
[15:12] | Their hard-earned money, | 血汗钱都给了他 |
[15:13] | He steals it, and then they act like we are persecuting him. | 偷了钱以后还像是我们在迫害他一样 |
[15:18] | I’m talking to the daughter alone. | 我去单独和他女儿谈谈 |
[15:20] | What? why? | 什么 为什么 |
[15:21] | If she keeps sensing how much you hate her father, | 如果她总是感觉到你很讨厌她父亲 |
[15:23] | We’ll get nothing. | 我们什么都得不到 |
[15:31] | Hey, where are we on video? | 录像带弄得怎样了 |
[15:33] | I’ve got Rajal on video on the subway platform. | 我认识在地铁站台管录像的Rajal |
[15:34] | But it’s being held from us by a U.S. attorney | 现在在一个美国律师手上 |
[15:37] | Who’s got some issue with us. well, with you. | 他和我们 其实是和你 有过节 |
[15:39] | Just do your job. you know, get it. | 做好本职工作 拿到录像带 |
[15:41] | Just get it. | 就是要拿到 |
[15:44] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[15:46] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能单独和你说说话吗 |
[15:48] | I’m a little busy right now. | 我现在有点忙 |
[15:50] | Could have used you a couple hours ago. | 早些时候找你有事呢 |
[15:52] | I, uh, I called you, I think, twice. | 我打电话给你了 两次 |
[15:54] | Just a minute. please? | 一下就好 行吗 |
[15:56] | What? What do you want? | 干吗 你想干吗 |
[16:00] | I’m on my way to meet with Carolyn Hollin, | 我要去见卡罗琳·赫琳 |
[16:02] | But I just wanted to make sure that… | 就想确认下 |
[16:05] | You were okay. | 你是否有事 |
[16:06] | I’m fantastic. | 我好得不行了 |
[16:08] | ’cause I can put Hollin on hold for a while | 我能把赫琳的事缓缓 |
[16:09] | Until things quiet down around here. | 先把这里的事处理好 |
[16:11] | I told you. | 我说了 |
[16:12] | I’m fantastic. | 我非常好 |
[16:16] | You didn’t make it to your meeting with the mayor. | 你没去和市长见面吧 |
[16:18] | I canceled it. | 我取消了 |
[16:19] | No, actually, you didn’t. | 其实没有吧 |
[16:21] | And it’s been on the books for three weeks. | 3周前就安排好了 |
[16:22] | I meant to cancel it. | 我是想取消的 |
[16:24] | Cal | 卡尔 |
[16:25] | Go mother someone else. | 去管别人吧 |
[16:32] | Everyone back to work, please. | 大家回去工作吧 |
[16:39] | Hey. how’s it going in there? | 你们怎么样了 |
[16:41] | This whole thing’s a little weird, if you ask me. | 要我说 整件事很诡异 |
[16:43] | What about it? | 怎么说 |
[16:45] | Oh, I don’t know. investigating suicides in the first place? | 不知道 非得优先调查自杀吗 |
[16:47] | Yeah. Lightman’s thing. | 对 莱特曼喜欢 |
[16:51] | Yeah. yesterday, he was watching some old video | 是啊 昨天我进他办公室时 |
[16:53] | Of a british woman when I walked into his office. | 他在看一个英国女人的录像 |
[17:01] | I want the weekend to go home to my children. | 周末我想回家看看孩子 |
[17:04] | It’s my husband’s birthday, and… | 我丈夫要过生日 |
[17:06] | Well, we always celebrate. | 我们每次都会庆祝 |
[17:08] | Brown hair? about 40? | 棕色头发 40岁左右 |
[17:10] | Yeah. | 对的 |
[17:12] | Lightman probably spent about a thousand hours | 莱特曼差不多花了1000小时 |
[17:14] | Watching that film. | 看那个录像 |
[17:15] | Oh, i’ll bake a chocolate cake, just like I do every year. | 我要做个巧克力蛋糕 每年我都做 |
[17:20] | Her name was Louise Mason. | 她叫路易丝·梅森 |
[17:22] | She was a patient of one of Lightman’s professors | 她是莱特曼研究生时 |
[17:24] | When he was in grad school. | 他的一个教授的病人 |
[17:25] | She had been in the psych ward | 在那段录像后 |
[17:27] | About a month when that was recorded. | 她在精神病房呆了一个月 |
[17:29] | She told the professor she was fine. | 她告诉教授说她很好 |
[17:31] | And you’ve been feeling better? | 你感觉有没有好点 |
[17:33] | Every day. | 每天 |
[17:34] | Much better. | 都更好 |
[17:36] | No one could see she was actually in agony. | 没人看出来她其实很痛苦 |
[17:38] | Lightman finally got the idea to slow down the film, | 莱特曼最后把录像慢放 |
[17:41] | And that’s when he saw the agony on her face. | 这才看到了她脸上的痛苦 |
[17:45] | That’s what led him | 从此他就开始 |
[17:47] | To discover microexpressions in the first place. | 研究微表情 |
[17:49] | Well, I-I hope they didn’t let | 但愿他们没让她 |
[17:50] | that woman off her psych ward. | 离开病房 |
[17:52] | Well, she got a pass home for | 那个周末她被准许回家 |
[17:54] | the weekend and killed herself. | 然后她自杀了 |
[18:00] | They didn’t know to look for microexpressions then. | 当时他们还不知道如何捕捉微表情 |
[18:04] | Nobody knew they existed. | 没人知道它们的存在 |
[18:16] | It’s sad how my father’s become the scapegoat | 我父亲要为这个国家的问题做替罪羊 |
[18:18] | For this country’s problems. | 真是可悲啊 |
[18:19] | He didn’t cause the recession. | 不是他引起的经济衰退 |
[18:21] | No, he didn’t. | 不 不是他 |
[18:22] | He’s one man who made a mistake. | 他只不过是犯了个错 |
[18:25] | Now it’s going to haunt our family forever. | 现在全家都洗不清罪名了 |
[18:29] | You worked right by his side. | 你和他在一起工作 |
[18:32] | I’m sure you’re upset he lied to you, too. | 你父亲骗你 你肯定也很生气吧 |
[18:36] | I know what it’s like to be disappointed by a father. | 我了解对父亲失望的感觉 |
[18:39] | Mine drank his way through my childhood | 我小时候我父亲酗酒 |
[18:40] | And then spent the rest of his | 后来他用尽一生 |
[18:41] | life trying to make it up to me. | 来弥补我的损失 |
[18:42] | Don’t try to analyze me or my father. | 别想分析我或者我父亲 |
[18:45] | You don’t know anything about us. | 你完全不了解我们 |
[18:46] | He’s still hiding some of the | 他还在为你和孩子们 |
[18:47] | money for you and your children. | 藏了一些钱吧 |
[18:49] | Isn’t he? | 对吧 |
[18:50] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[18:52] | You’re telling the truth. | 你说的居然是真的 |
[18:56] | So, what’s he hiding? | 那他在藏什么 |
[18:58] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[18:59] | But no one will believe him. | 但没人会相信他 |
[19:01] | They want to crucify him. | 他们想迫害他 |
[19:04] | They call him the hitler of Wall Street. | 他被称为华尔街的希特勒 |
[19:07] | Nothing good can ever happen | 我们家不会有好事发生了 |
[19:09] | To our family now. It’s been a horror. | 现在就像恐怖片一样 |
[19:11] | Carolyn used negative emotion words every time she spoke. | 卡罗琳每次说话都用负面情绪词 |
[19:14] | Hell, scapegoat, haunt, hitler, | 地狱 替罪羊 鬼影 希特勒 |
[19:16] | Worthless, crucify… | 无价值 迫害 |
[19:18] | All psychological indicators of a guilty conscience. | 全是内疚的心理暗示 |
[19:21] | But she showed no signs of lying | 但她说她父亲没有为他们藏匿钱时 |
[19:23] | When she said her father wasn’t hiding the money for them. | 没有表现任何撒谎的迹象 |
[19:25] | No, she didn’t. | 对 她没有 |
[19:29] | What if she’s hiding the money? | 如果是她藏了钱呢 |
[19:32] | The SEC cleared her, | 虽然证交会放过她了 |
[19:34] | But only because her father took the blame. | 那是因为她父亲承担了责任 |
[19:36] | Maybe he’s taking the blame for everything | 不管她女儿在计划什么 |
[19:39] | To hide whatever part his daughter had in the scheme. | 也许他都把责任承担了 |
[19:41] | I just figured that if his daughter was guilty, | 像赫琳这样的人 如果他女儿出事 |
[19:43] | A man like Hollin wouldn’t hesitate to eat his young. | 他一定会揽祸上身 |
[19:46] | Look at a man like he’s the devil, | 像他这样的怪人 |
[19:47] | And you’ll never understand his motives. | 你不会理解他的动机的 |
[19:49] | Well, everyone knows he’s a liar. | 但大家都知道他在撒谎 |
[19:52] | Then we listen to him lie. | 那我们就听他撒谎 |
[19:56] | Here are the articles for carolyn hollin and her father. | 这是关于卡罗琳和她父亲的文章 |
[19:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:00] | Now, get back to helping Lightman. | 不管莱特曼需要什么 |
[20:01] | Whatever he needs. | 去帮他吧 |
[20:08] | This suicide thing…? | 这个自杀事件 |
[20:10] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[20:12] | Well, I saw him watching the film of that woman | 我看到他在看路易斯·曼森的录像 |
[20:14] | Louise Mason, and Loker told me how she was a patient | 洛克尔告诉了我她是莱特曼的 |
[20:17] | Of Lightman’s professor. | 教授的病人 |
[20:18] | Yeah? | 对啊 |
[20:19] | I saw him looking at her, | 他看着她 |
[20:21] | And he showed guilt all over his face. | 脸上写满了内疚 |
[20:23] | Just because you can see everything | 你能看到事情 |
[20:25] | Doesn’t mean you understand it. | 不代表你就理解事情 |
[20:26] | I don’t think she was his professor’s patient. | 我觉得她不是他教授的病人 |
[20:30] | I think she was his patient. | 而是他的病人 |
[20:33] | What if he’s the one who-who didn’t see it | 如果是他没有发现那些痛苦 |
[20:35] | And let her off the psych ward? | 让她出了病房怎么办 |
[20:37] | Leave it alone. | 你别管 |
[20:47] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[20:49] | Yeah, I’m good. | 我很好啊 |
[20:50] | Hey, I just figured you’d be working late, | 我想起你会加班 |
[20:52] | So I brought your favorite pad thai. | 所以带了你最爱的泰式炒面 |
[20:54] | Nice. | 太好了 |
[20:56] | You know, I thought you were gonna come home. | 我以为你会回家 |
[20:58] | I got a lot of work going here, my love. | 亲爱的 我有好多事要做 |
[21:00] | You really should, you know, try opening up to me. | 你真的该试着跟我说说心里话 |
[21:04] | Is it Oprah? | 是欧普拉说的吗[美国脱口秀女王] |
[21:05] | Yeah, it might be. | 对 可能吧 |
[21:07] | So, are these the two girls that jumped off the bridge? | 这就是跳下桥的两个女孩吗 |
[21:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:11] | Hey, do you remember, uh, that girl at my school who… | 你记得 我学校的那个女孩吗 |
[21:16] | She took all those pills and killed herself? | 她吃完了所有的药自杀了 |
[21:19] | I-i didn’t really know her very well, but she was | 我不太了解她 但她 |
[21:23] | In my art class, and she used to paint | 和我一起上美术课 她曾经画 |
[21:26] | These really colorful oil paintings, | 一些色彩鲜艳的油画 |
[21:28] | Like, just, you know, shapes, really. | 那些图案 |
[21:31] | I wonder sometimes if | 我有时想是否 |
[21:34] | Anyone could have stopped her or… | 有人可以阻止她或者 |
[21:39] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:45] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[21:55] | You shouldn’t think about that stuff, love. | 亲爱的 你没必要想那些事 |
[21:59] | What am i supposed to think about? | 我该想什么呢 |
[22:01] | Celibacy. | 独立生活 |
[22:07] | Food. | 食物 |
[22:09] | Here, eat it. | 给 吃吧 |
[22:16] | I love you, em. | 我爱你 |
[22:57] | Only reason i’m here is ’cause zoe asked me to help you. | 我在这儿的唯一原因是zoe要我帮你 |
[23:00] | She’s a lot more forgiving then i would ever be. | 她比我容易原谅人多了 |
[23:05] | We’ve all got things to forgive, haven’t we, love? | 亲爱的 我们都有事需要原谅 对吗 |
[23:06] | What do we got? | 我们有什么进展 |
[23:07] | Your third suicide victim– rajal lamba. | 你的第三个自杀受害者 rajal lamba |
[23:10] | This is what you saw on the videotape. | 这就是你在录像带上看到的 |
[23:12] | It’s a ring of skin pigmentation called melasma. | 这是一圈叫做黄褐斑皮肤色素沉积 |
[23:16] | It’s the mask of pregnancy, right? | 它是怀孕的表现 对吗 |
[23:18] | Exactly. | 对 |
[23:19] | It’s a common hormonal side effect. | 它是荷尔蒙的一种常见副作用 |
[23:22] | The autopsy revealed that she gave birth | 验尸结果表明她生过孩子 |
[23:24] | Approximately a month ago. | 大约一个月以前 |
[23:27] | What about the ashraf sisters? | ashraf的妹妹呢 |
[23:30] | We finished autopsies on both of them. | 我们对她俩都验过尸 |
[23:31] | Each gave birth in the last two months. | 每个人都在最近的两个月里生过孩子 |
[23:34] | All three of them? | 她们三个都是吗 |
[23:36] | Why would they all give birth and then kill themselves? | 为什么她们都要生完孩子自杀呢 |
[23:39] | And where are all the babies? | 那几个婴儿在那里 |
[23:48] | The victims had all the risk factors | 受害者都有风险因素患有 |
[23:51] | For postpartum depression. | 产后抑郁症 |
[23:52] | 25% of low-income women suffer from it. | 百分之二十五的低收入女性患有该疾病 |
[23:54] | Okay, you got three indian women, right? | 有三个印度女性 对吗 |
[23:57] | All around the same age. | 年龄都相似 |
[23:59] | They all have babies, | 她们都生过孩子 |
[24:00] | And they all kill themselves. | 她们都是自杀 |
[24:01] | I mean, postpartum doesn’t explain it. | 产后抑郁症并不能解释什么 |
[24:05] | They had no support here, no family, no friends. | 她们没有依靠 没有家庭 没有朋友 |
[24:08] | There has to be some link between these girls. | 这些女孩之间一定有些联系 |
[24:11] | There has to be some reason why they killed themselves. | 她们自杀一定是有原因的 |
[24:17] | I know you don’t want to hear this again, | 我知道你不想再听这些 |
[24:21] | But i’m gonna say it to you anyway. | 但我还是要给你说 |
[24:22] | It doesn’t matter how many you find a reason for. | 无论你找了多少个理由 |
[24:26] | It wasn’t your fault. | 它不是你的错 |
[24:30] | We found medicaid bills for | 我们发现了第三个自杀者 |
[24:32] | rajal lamba– the third suicide. | rajal lamba的医疗补助账单 |
[24:34] | She was discharged from the obstetrics ward | 她从一个妇产科病房出院 |
[24:36] | At a hospital in virginia. | 维吉尼亚的一家医院 |
[24:38] | Um, loker wanted me to tell you | 洛克尔想让我告诉你 |
[24:40] | That he got you back in with joseph hollin. | 他让你和约瑟夫·赫琳联系上了 |
[24:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:48] | My daughter has nothing to do with this. | 我女儿与这无关 |
[24:50] | I betrayed her. | 我背叛了她 |
[24:51] | You don’t believe that. | 你不相信那些 |
[24:53] | Well, it happens to be true. | 碰巧那真的 |
[24:56] | Your daughter’s filled up with | 你女儿内心满是 |
[24:57] | pent-up guilt aout the money. | 压抑着的愧疚 |
[24:58] | And it’s not about the money. | 并且与钱无关 |
[25:00] | I think she feels guilty | 我觉得她之所以内疚 |
[25:01] | Because she’s letting you take the blame. | 是因为她让你背黑锅 |
[25:03] | I’m calling my lawyer. | 我要给我的律师打电话 |
[25:05] | Before you call your lawyer, | 在你打电话之前 |
[25:06] | You should know that unless you tell us the truth, | 你应该知道除非你告诉我们真相 |
[25:08] | We’re going to the sec to tell them | 我们会去证交会告诉他们 |
[25:10] | That we think she’s involved. | 我们认为你女儿与此案有关 |
[25:12] | I stole the money. | 我偷了那些钱 |
[25:15] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[25:17] | You didn’t steal it. | 你没有偷 |
[25:18] | It was her. | 是她偷的 |
[25:20] | She stood there acting like | 她站在那里就好像 |
[25:22] | We were persecuting your family. | 我们在迫害你的家人 |
[25:23] | I mean, what is she, some sort | 她是个什么样的人 又没有可能是 |
[25:24] | of sociopath witthese people awa | 没良知的反社会的人 |
[25:27] | Loker, give us a minute. | 洛克尔 让我们单独谈谈 |
[25:40] | Mr. hollin… | 赫琳先生 |
[25:41] | Imagine your husband or your sister made a mistake. | 假如你的丈夫或妹妹犯了个错误 |
[25:46] | And you knew you could | 并且你知道你可以 |
[25:48] | Make a small sacrifice to protect them. | 做出一个小牺牲去保护她们 |
[25:51] | The worst lies we tell are out of love. | 最失败的谎言往往出于我们的爱 |
[25:56] | But i’d want my family to learn from their mistakes. | 但我会让我的家人从错误中吸取教训 |
[26:03] | I’ll get her to give you the names and accounts | 我会让她给你姓名和账户 |
[26:05] | Of the shell companies holding the money… | 那些是拿着钱的空壳公司的 |
[26:07] | But only if you make me a guarantee. | 但你必须向我保证 |
[26:18] | You’re going to let him go to prison for his daughter. | 你要让他替他女儿进监狱 |
[26:19] | We’re going to get these people their pensions back– | 我们要为这些人要回养老金 |
[26:22] | Their livelihoods– that’s what matters. | 他们的生计 那才是重要的 |
[26:24] | What does that say to all of the bernie madoffs | 那对死去的bernie madoffs |
[26:26] | And all of the carolyn hollins waiting in the wings? | 和卡罗琳·赫琳有什么意义 |
[26:29] | You think the victims should just lose everything? | 你认为受害者就应该失去所有吗 |
[26:32] | You have to put these people away | 你应该摆开这些人 |
[26:33] | Or they will keep coming back like a cancer. | 否则他们会像癌症一样不停地麻烦你 |
[26:35] | You cannot let them think they can do this | 你不能让他们觉得他们这么做 |
[26:37] | And not get punished. | 可以不受到惩罚 |
[26:38] | When you’re the boss, make whatever call you want. | 当你是头的时候 你怎么发号施令都不过分 |
[26:52] | Rajal lamba was discharged four weeks ago, | Rajal lamba四个星期前出的院 |
[26:53] | But the baby’s still here for an ongoing lung condition. | 但婴儿因为肺病还在留在这里 |
[26:56] | Ms. dale? | 戴尔女士 |
[26:57] | Yeah. this way. | 是我 请这边走 |
[27:04] | Which one is he? | 哪个是 |
[27:05] | He’s almost fully recovered. | 他基本上痊愈了 |
[27:07] | Probably be discharged in the next few days. | 几天后就有可能出院 |
[27:09] | There must be some mistake. this baby’s white. | 肯定出错了 这个孩子是白人 |
[27:11] | So’s his biological mother. | 他的生母也是 |
[27:24] | Is there something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[27:26] | Is this your baby? | 他是你的孩子吗 |
[27:29] | Yes, robert’s my son. | 对 robert是我的儿子 |
[27:30] | Ma’am, i’m from the u.s. attorney’s office | 女士 我来自美国检察官办公室 |
[27:34] | And we’re investigating the death | 我们在调查 |
[27:36] | Of a woman named rajal lamba. | 一位名叫rajal lamba的女性的死亡 |
[27:41] | Rajal’s dead? | Rajal死了 |
[27:46] | How did you know her? | 你怎么会认识她 |
[27:48] | She-she was my surrogate. | 她是替我代孕的人 |
[27:52] | She carried robert to term for me. | 她替我生下了robert |
[27:53] | She was a surrogate? | 她是个代孕母亲 |
[27:57] | What happened to her? | 她发生了什么事 |
[27:59] | She killed herself. | 她自杀了 |
[28:00] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[28:02] | How did you find her? | 你怎么找到她的 |
[28:03] | How did you become connected? | 你们怎么联系上的 |
[28:06] | Through this online registry. | 通过网上注册 |
[28:08] | Surrogacy is very expensive. | 代孕很昂贵的 |
[28:10] | It was $60,000 or $70,000, | 大概是六万或七万美元 |
[28:11] | And this registry was able to do it for us | 那个注册网站可以帮我们完成 |
[28:14] | For less than $10,000. | 不到一万美元 |
[28:16] | Do you know where rajal was living? | 你知道rajal以前在哪住吗 |
[28:27] | What if all three women were surrogates? | 假如三个女性都是代孕母亲呢 |
[28:29] | That could explain | 那就可以解释了 |
[28:30] | Why we haven’t located any of their babies. | 为什么我们找不到她们的孩子 |
[29:00] | there are all pregnants | 都是孕妇 |
[29:11] | Dr. foster, i’ve been trying to reach you. | 福斯特博士 我一直在联系你 |
[29:13] | I’ve got good news for you, Dawkins. | 给你带了个好消息 Dawkins |
[29:14] | Joseph hollin is going to provide you | 约瑟夫·赫琳会给你 |
[29:16] | With account numbers and the names of his shell companies. | 账目数字和他控股公司的名字 |
[29:18] | Listen, Dr. Foster, I’m sorry I didn’t reach you earlier. | 福斯特博士 我很抱歉没早一点到 |
[29:20] | There’s been a major change in the case. | 这案子出现重大变化 |
[29:23] | What kind of change? | 哪种变化 |
[29:25] | Hollin’s daughter’s being taken into custody. | 赫琳的女儿被扣押了 |
[29:27] | She’s being indicted for securities fraud. | 她的起诉罪名是证券欺诈 |
[29:30] | Turns out Hollin was covering for her. | 事实证明赫琳先生代替了她 |
[29:32] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[29:34] | How did you discover this? | 你怎么发现的 |
[29:36] | I really can’t discuss the details of the investigation. | 我真的不能逐一详述了 |
[29:38] | Have you spoken to Mr. Hollin about the money? | 你有对赫琳先生提起过钱吗 |
[29:41] | Is he cooperating? | 他合作吗 |
[29:42] | I can’t discuss the details. | 我不能说了 |
[29:44] | My office will call you to close out | 我上级会让你停下 |
[29:45] | Your part of the investigation. | 你这部分的调查 |
[29:55] | Leave a message. | 留个信 |
[29:57] | Loker, call me when you get this. | 洛克尔 看到信息给我回电话 |
[30:03] | – Dr. Foster? – Yes. | -福斯特博士吗 -是的 |
[30:04] | Joseph hollin is here. | 约瑟夫·赫琳来了 |
[30:09] | Mr. Hollin. | 赫琳先生 |
[30:13] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[30:15] | You said you’d keep my daughter out of this. | 你说你不会让我女儿卷入的 |
[30:17] | I wasn’t the one that had anything… | 我没有决定一切的 |
[30:19] | I was going to make her turn over every dollar, every asset. | 我本想让她接受我所有的资产 |
[30:21] | She was going to leave the business | 她本要脱手的 |
[30:23] | and take care of that’s Dhara. | 然后照管Dhara |
[30:25] | We had nothing to do with the sec finding out. | 我们对证交会的发现无能为力 |
[30:28] | I just wanted to get these people their money back. | 我只想让这些人拿回他们的钱 |
[30:33] | Well, you won’t see a dollar of it now. | 那好 现在你一毛钱也见不到了 |
[30:46] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:49] | Chandra Chandra. | |
[30:51] | I need you to help me. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[30:58] | Do you know these girls? | 你认识这些女孩吗 |
[30:59] | Who are they? | 她们是谁 |
[31:02] | That’s Jaya and that’s Dhara. | 这是Jaya 那是Dhara |
[31:04] | Why don’t you try and tell us about them. | 为什么不和我们聊聊她们呢 |
[31:07] | They had their babies just as I arrived. | 我来的时候她们怀孕了 |
[31:11] | That was the last time you saw the sisters? | 那是你最后一次看见她们姐妹俩吗 |
[31:14] | After their babies, they were thrown out onto the streets, | 孩子出生后 他们把她们扔在街上 |
[31:19] | Like slum trash. | 像扔垃圾似的 |
[31:22] | We were promised $5,000, | 他们承诺我们会有5000美元 |
[31:25] | But he charges us for rent and food. | 可是他只给了房租和食物 |
[31:27] | And when we are finished, there’s nothing left. | 当我们做完 就什么也没剩下了 |
[31:30] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[31:33] | He will come after me. | 他会追杀我的 |
[31:35] | He can’t hurt you anymore. | 他没办法再害你们了 |
[31:42] | He found me when I went to renew my visa. | 我更新签证的时被他发现 |
[31:47] | He works at immigration. | 他在移民局工作 |
[31:58] | These are notarized surrogacy agreements | 这些是办妥手续的代孕合同 |
[32:01] | For all the women who were found in the apartment. | 都是那些我们在公寓发现的女人 |
[32:03] | He set up consenting adults with licensed physicians. | 他让这些人和得到许可的内科医生同意 |
[32:06] | Those women are all illegal aliens. | 那些女人都是非法外国居民 |
[32:07] | But they weren’t when my client | 不过在和我委托人达成协议时 |
[32:09] | Entered into these surrogacy agreements. | 她们都是合法的 |
[32:10] | They were all on visas when he approached them | 在他做这些事之时她们都有签证 |
[32:13] | About his side business. | 用他的职权 |
[32:14] | Why is your client so afraid to speak? | 为什么你委托人那么怕说出去 |
[32:17] | If you want to charge me with hiring aliens | 要你为我雇的那些签证到期的外国人 |
[32:20] | After visas expired, go ahead. | 指控我的话 请便 |
[32:21] | How about with murder? | 那谋杀呢 |
[32:23] | The Ashraf sisters jumped off a bridge. | Ashraf的姐妹们从桥上跳下去 |
[32:27] | Rajal threw herself in front of a train. | Rajal卧轨 |
[32:30] | You created a world for these women | 你为这些女人造了个世界 |
[32:31] | Where suicide seemed like the only option. | 那个世界只能选择自杀 |
[32:34] | We can charge you with depraved heart murder. | 我们以极端轻率谋杀罪指控你 |
[32:36] | Callous disregard for human life that results in death. | 不顾人们的性命而导致的死亡 |
[32:39] | This is what you have? | 这就是你要说的吗 |
[32:41] | Depraved heart charges are for people | 极端轻率谋杀这些人 |
[32:42] | Who shoot a gun into a crowd. | 给了他们一枪 |
[32:44] | There’s no jury in this state | 没有陪审团会承认的 |
[32:45] | That will convict him, and you know it. | 他会知道自己有罪的 而且你知道 |
[32:50] | You exploited these women, | 你利用了这些女人 |
[32:52] | And then you threatened them. | 然后恐吓她们 |
[32:54] | Then you threw them out into the street. | 再把她们扔到街上 |
[32:56] | How many more had to die | 还有多少人要为此丧命 |
[32:58] | Before you’d stop? | 在你停手之前 |
[32:59] | Ten? twenty? | 10个吗 20个吗 |
[33:00] | What these girls did after they were done working for me | 这些女孩为我工作之后会做什么 |
[33:03] | Has nothing to do with me. | 和我一点关系也没有 |
[33:06] | How could I know they’d kill themselves? | 我怎么会知道她们自杀了 |
[33:07] | My client will plead guilty | 我的委托人会认罪的 |
[33:10] | To operating a business without a license. | 为无证经营 |
[33:11] | These other trumped-up accusations are ridiculous. | 其他的伪造罪名就很荒谬了 |
[33:13] | You’ve got ten minutes to file | 你有10分钟起草文件 |
[33:14] | Your paperwork before we walk out of here. | 在我们出去之前 |
[33:16] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能和你说几句吗 |
[33:24] | I was hoping the threat was gonna get something out of him | 我希望这威胁可以从他那得到点什么 |
[33:27] | But we can’t actually charge him with depraved heart. | 但实在没法以极端轻率谋杀罪控告他 |
[33:29] | We’d have to be able to prove | 我必须得证明 |
[33:30] | He knew those women were gonna commit suicide. | 他知道这些女人都会自杀 |
[33:32] | He knew. | 他都知道 |
[33:33] | When he asked how he could’ve known | 当他说他怎么知道 |
[33:35] | Those women were gonna jump, his eyebrows went up. | 这些女人自杀 他眉毛上扬 |
[33:36] | How could I know they’d kill themselves? | 我怎么知道她们自杀了 |
[33:38] | Eyebrows up means you know the answer to your own question. | 眉毛上扬意味着你知道自己问题的答案 |
[33:40] | His eyebrows went up. | 他眉毛上扬 |
[33:42] | Did he also click his heels three times? | 那他敲了后跟三次吗 |
[33:44] | That’s not evidence. | 那不是证据 |
[33:45] | We need evidence. | 我们需要证据 |
[33:47] | I’m telling you, | 我告诉你 |
[33:48] | He knew those girls were gonna jump. | 他知道这些女孩自杀了 |
[33:50] | We have no proof. | 我们没有证据 |
[33:51] | Even if we could show he mistreated those women | 即使我们能够证明他虐待这些女人 |
[33:53] | And we got them to testify, | 我们把她们找来作证 |
[33:54] | All we could charge him with | 我们能够指控的罪名 |
[33:55] | Is negligence. | 就是疏忽 |
[33:57] | I’m finishing taking his statement | 我录完他的口供后 |
[33:58] | And then we have to let him go. | 就得让他走 |
[33:59] | Cal. | 卡尔 |
[34:01] | Dr. Lightman. I got Personick’s cell phone records. | 莱特曼博士 我拿到了伯索克的电话记录 |
[34:04] | He got a pay phone call a block from the subway | 他打了离地铁一个区的共用电话 |
[34:07] | Five minutes before Ms. Lamba jumped onto the tracks. | 就在Lamba女士跳上铁轨的前5秒 |
[34:08] | She called him. | 她给他打了电话 |
[34:10] | There’s no proof it was Ms. Lamba. | 没有证据证明是Lamba女士 |
[34:12] | She called him, she told him | 她打电话给他 告诉他 |
[34:13] | What she was gonna do, and he did nothing. | 她要自杀 而他无动于衷 |
[34:15] | The definition of circumstantial. | 下定义要视情况而定 |
[34:18] | We just have to ask him the right question | 我们只是要知道正确答案 |
[34:21] | Under the right circumstances. | 在正确情况下 |
[34:22] | What circumstances? | 什么叫正确情况 |
[34:24] | We need to confront him with her family. | 我们必须用他的家人对付他 |
[34:27] | We have looked for her family for two days | 我们已经找了两天了 |
[34:29] | And haven’t found them. | 还没找到 |
[34:31] | We have no case. | 我们没有情况 |
[34:33] | I’m letting him go. | 只能让他走 |
[34:43] | I heard about Carolyn Hollin’s indictment. | 我听说了卡罗琳·赫琳的控告 |
[34:46] | It’s unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[34:47] | The victims will get nothing now. | 受害者到现在还没有任何补偿 |
[34:50] | The pension funds, the teachers union. | 养老抚恤金 教委协会成员 |
[34:53] | That’s terrible. | 太糟了 |
[34:56] | What? | 什么 |
[34:59] | Look, I can’t sit here and tell you | 听着 我不能坐在这然后告诉你 |
[35:00] | That I’m unhappy she’s going to prison. | 我很不开心 她要坐牢了 |
[35:02] | Loker. | 洛克尔 |
[35:05] | You don’t think I had anything to do with this? | 你不认为我为此做了努力吗 |
[35:07] | What am I supposed to think? | 我应该怎么想 |
[35:09] | You told me to let it go, and I did. | 你要我顺其自然 我听你的 |
[35:11] | I’m supposed to think that the SEC got onto Carolyn Hollin | 我认为是证交会联系卡罗琳·赫琳的 |
[35:13] | On their own a day after we made the deal? | 用他们自己的办法 |
[35:15] | Nobody else knew, Loker. | 不会有人知道 洛克尔 |
[35:17] | They must have found out on their own. | 他们肯定会自己解决 |
[35:19] | The SEC have been onto this for months. | 证交会介入此事已有数月 |
[35:22] | Call your people over there and ask them. | 把你的手下都叫过去挨个问 |
[35:24] | They said he can’t discuss how he got his information. | 他们说他不能透露信息来源 |
[35:27] | That’s very convenient for you. | 这对你倒是很省事 |
[35:29] | Why would I lie about this, Gillian? | 教授 我何必要为这事说谎呢 |
[35:30] | This job is everything to me. | 这份工作就是我的一切 |
[35:32] | You think I want to lose it? | 你觉得我想失去它吗 |
[35:37] | You’re deflecting. | 你在转移话题 |
[35:40] | Did you leak it? | 是你透露的吗 |
[35:41] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[35:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:49] | “okay” you believe me | “好吧”是你相信我 |
[35:51] | Or “okay” I’m not showing any signs of lying? | 还是指我没有说谎的迹象 |
[35:53] | Get back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[36:09] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[36:19] | Yeah, what is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:20] | It’s about the case I’m working on with Foster. | 关于我和福斯特一起处理的案子 |
[36:22] | I heard the FEDs found out about the daughter. | 我听说联邦储备局的人查出是他女儿 |
[36:24] | I called justice and told them about Carolyn Hollin. | 我打给司法部 告发了卡罗琳的事 |
[36:27] | What? | 什么 |
[36:29] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[36:30] | No, no, no, no. you’re not telling me this. | 不 不 不 你别告诉我 |
[36:32] | You lied to Foster? | 你对福斯特说了谎 |
[36:34] | You stopped those people from | 你让那些人拿不回他们的钱 |
[36:35] | Getting their money back, their retirements? | 让他们不能退休吗 |
[36:36] | We cannot let | 我们不能 |
[36:38] | People like Carolyn Hollin get away with this. | 让卡罗琳·赫琳那样的人蒙混过去 |
[36:40] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[36:43] | Why-why did you tell me this? | 为什么 为什么你要告诉我 |
[36:46] | I had to tell somebody. | 我必须和谁说说 |
[36:47] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[36:48] | I don’t trust anybody else. | 我不相信其他人 |
[36:50] | You shouldn’t trust me either. | 你也不该相信我啊 |
[36:53] | They didn’t catch you? | 他们没拆穿你吗 |
[36:55] | I took a sedative to relax my face, | 我服了镇定剂让脸部放松 |
[36:57] | And I know every word she listens for. | 我清楚她听到的每一个字 |
[36:58] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[36:59] | You got to tell them. | 你得坦白 |
[37:00] | It’s the only chance you have of not getting fired. | 这是你保住工作的唯一机会 |
[37:02] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[37:03] | They won’t find out. | 他们不会发现的 |
[37:04] | Lightman will. | 莱特曼会发现 |
[37:13] | By signing this, you’re pleading guilty to one count of | 你承认对你无证经营的指控 |
[37:16] | Operating a business without a license. | 就在这里签字 |
[37:18] | After you sign it, you’re free to go. | 签字以后 你就可以离开了 |
[37:24] | Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 |
[37:26] | We found him. | 我们找到他了 |
[37:28] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[37:30] | – Who is this? – Sulman. | -他是谁 -Sulman |
[37:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:32] | This is Sulman Lamba, | 这位是Sulman Lamba |
[37:34] | Rajal Lamba’s father. | Rajal Lamba的父亲 |
[37:38] | We just picked him up at the airport. | 我们刚把他从机场接来 |
[37:40] | He came in from Bangalore | 他从Bangalore来 |
[37:41] | To claim his daughter’s body. | 来认领女儿的尸体 |
[37:42] | He wanted to meet with Mr. Personick. | 他想要见见伯索克先生 |
[37:50] | He wants to know | 他想要知道 |
[37:52] | If this is the man who spoke to his daughter | 在他女儿从地铁站跳下之前 |
[37:54] | Before she jumped off the subway platform. | 是不是和这个男人有过交谈 |
[38:05] | His daughter called him; she was sobbing. | 他女儿给他打过电话 她在电话里哭诉 |
[38:07] | And she said that Mr. Personick | 她说一位Mr. Personick |
[38:09] | Had threatened to kill her | 威胁她说如果她不自己了断 |
[38:11] | – If she didn’t jump herself. – That’s a lie. | -他就杀了她 -她说谎 |
[38:13] | – All right, let’s go. – Oh, she didn’t call you? | -行了 我们走 -她没打给你 |
[38:15] | I never said i’d kill her. | 我从没说过要杀她 |
[38:16] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 是吗 |
[38:17] | And she called you, right? | 她给你打过电话 对吗 |
[38:18] | I didn’t touch her. | 我没跟她联系过 |
[38:21] | Yeah, but she called you, right?! | 但是她给你打过电话对吗 |
[38:22] | – My client and I are leaving! – she called you! | -我与当事人一同离开 -她会打给你 |
[38:24] | She worked for me, that’s all! | 她为我工作过 仅此而已 |
[38:26] | Why is it my responsibility for what happens to her after that? | 我凭什么要为她的死负责 |
[38:29] | This girl was two blocks from the subway. | 这个女孩在离地铁站两条街时 |
[38:30] | She called you to tell you | 她打电话告诉你 |
[38:32] | that she’s gonna jump in front of the train! | 她准备跳向驶来的列车 |
[38:35] | You did nothing! | 而你却无动于衷 |
[38:36] | Yeah! so what?! | 是啊 那又怎样 |
[38:40] | That doesn’t make me a murderer. | 那也不足以让我成为杀人犯 |
[38:42] | I didn’t threaten her. | 我没有威胁过她 |
[38:43] | You didn’t have to. | 你根本不必威胁她 |
[38:45] | You created the circumstances | 是你所造成的形势 |
[38:46] | That led to her suicide. | 导致了她的自杀 |
[38:48] | It was a depraved heart murder. | 这构成了极端轻率谋杀罪 |
[38:49] | I didn’t murder anyone. | 我没有杀害任何人 |
[38:51] | You’re under arrest in connection with | 你因牵涉Rajal Lamba的死 |
[38:53] | The death of Rajal Lamba | 而被捕了 |
[38:54] | For the charge of murder in the second degree. | 你被指控以二级谋杀罪 |
[38:57] | What?! | 什么 |
[39:01] | This is not possible! | 这不可能 |
[39:07] | You did good in there, Rohit. | Rohit 你刚才表现很好 |
[39:09] | Been a long time since I spoke Hindi. | 我说北印度语很久了 |
[39:12] | Oh, yeah, I’ll come by the university next week, | 没错 我下个礼拜会去学校 |
[39:16] | And we’ll catch up. | 到时见 |
[39:17] | Good to see you, Cal. | 卡尔 见到你真高兴 |
[39:42] | Hey, do you need anything else for tonight? | 今晚还需要什么吗 |
[39:44] | No, I’m good. | 不用了 |
[39:45] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[39:48] | You saw this earlier, right? | 你之前看过这个 是吗 |
[39:51] | Of the psych patient? | 那个心理病人的 |
[39:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:54] | Yeah, just for a second. | 是的 就看到一点 |
[40:05] | Did you see the agony she was hiding? | 你看到她隐藏的痛苦了 |
[40:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:11] | Never be sorry for something you see. | 不必为你所看到的抱歉 |
[40:17] | Did you know her well? | 你对她很了解吗 |
[40:24] | She wasn’t a patient, was she? | 她不是个病人 对吗 |
[40:30] | No, she was something more. | 不是 她不仅是位病人 |
[40:42] | Who was she? | 她是谁 |
[40:56] | Get some sleep, all right? | 去睡吧 行吗 |
[41:49] | What are you doing in my room? | 你在我房里干什么 |
[41:50] | Uh, reading your diary. | 看你的日记 |
[41:52] | Oh. I don’t keep a diary. | 我这儿没有日记 |
[41:54] | Liar. | 谎话 |
[41:56] | How was school? | 学校怎么样 |
[41:58] | Tragic. | 悲剧 |
[42:00] | So what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[42:01] | I want to show you something. | 我想给你看点东西 |
[42:12] | Where’s the popcorn? | 爆米花呢 |
[42:20] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[42:23] | I want the weekend to go home to my children. | 这个周末我想回家和我的孩子们在一起 |
[42:26] | It’s my husband’s birthday and, well, we always celebrate. | 那天是我丈夫生日 我们总会庆祝一番 |
[42:30] | Are you feeling better? | 你现在感觉好些吗 |
[42:32] | Every day. much better. | 每天都好 好多了 |
[42:34] | Is that grandma? | 那是祖母吗 |
[42:36] | Yeah. | 是 |
[42:38] | Yeah, it is. | 是 这就是 |
[42:40] | Tell me, how do you feel about seeing your children again? | 跟我说说 再次见到孩子们的感受 |
[42:45] | So much joy. | 非常开心 |
[42:46] | I know I’m going to cry when I see them again. | 再看到他们时我会流泪的 |
[42:49] | I miss them terribly. | 我非常想念他们 |
[42:52] | You’ve never shown this to me before. | 你以前从没给我看过这个 |
[42:54] | No. | 对 |
[43:06] | Something I want to tell you, em. | 我有些事想告诉你 |